Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American Way is winning right now, thanks to the American people giving President Trump a second term, and because of that, so many good things happening, And it's winning in other ways because so many people now think.
Speaker 2: There's a chance.
Speaker 1: Right, They see all this great stuff happening because Trump won, and now they think, Okay, it's worth getting involved.
Speaker 2: There is a chance here. It's not hopeless.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the American Way is on the march. But there's always going to be opposition to that, right because the people who control the Democratic Party that it's not the same Democratic Party as when I was a kid or a college kid or whatever, and it wasn't perfect then, but now it's run by these radical leftists who truly, truly want to minimize America in so many different terrible ways. So yeah, say that opposition is going to continue. We're going to talk about some of that in this hour. So thanks for joining us. So great to look out the window right now at five six and see the sunshine right it spring is right around the corner.
Speaker 2: So we've got three or four things going on at once.
Speaker 1: It won't blow the whole segment resetting the table, but glad.
Speaker 2: You're here for all of it.
Speaker 1: Chime in when you'd like my text DN five seven seven three nine DAN can protesters be arrested slash sited for blocking traffic? We're getting a lot of text reaction to a protest that's been going on at the capitol to get today against the deportations, and so one of the to answer this question, yes, but.
Speaker 2: They won't be right.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the left, this is the lawless left. If they support your cause, you're above the law. And that's been the case since the Left took over Colorado. You look at the George Floyd stuff for example, when Paulus literally goes into hiding and just seeds the capital of the lawbreakers and then as a monument to them, you know, leaves up the desecration on the capitol for months and then But yeah, no, if it's a cause the left likes, yeah, they're not going to be cited. Let some pro lifers which we'd never do, right because we're law abiding. Let some pro lifers go down and violate the law, start blocking traffic things like that. Yeah, and it wouldn't be the fault of the great men and women in law enforce. Maybe politicians fault, but yeah, they'd be arrested in a heartbeat. Dan, it's the time we remind people over and over again about the Summer of Love, five hundred plus riots, violent protests, after we've heard NonStop for four years about January six Yeah, and that's why January sixth was not an important issue for the American people when they voted clearly right, Donald Trump went overwhelmingly, And I think what a lot of American people did was look at that and said they didn't like what they saw on January sixth with the legal peace. They didn't like that at all. But they didn't like it all the mass destruction and killing and burning across the country that the Left allowed and implicitly endorsed.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it just comes.
Speaker 1: Back to what we've been saying along the American people are smart and this kind of surreal double standard the Left is trying to create. No, people don't want two different systems of justice one if you're a Democrat, and one you're a Republican. People don't want it. They don't want to banana republic. How many times did we talk about that before election days? I kept saying, hey, relaxed, Trump's gonna win. He's going to win comfortably. Americans didn't want a Banana Republic, and they made that clear an election day.
Speaker 2: Let's go to David in Denver. You're on the Dan Caplis. You'll welcome. Yes, Hi Dan.
Speaker 3: Last time I called, you said terrific.
Speaker 2: Call call back. It's in a while.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I've had a glass of wine, so hopefully it's not too much.
Speaker 2: Just one whatever.
Speaker 3: You always catch fanthera.
Speaker 2: You're way behind rhyme.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Anyway. I have a different perspective regarding just people in general. I was abused as a child. I mean, if that's your own mother, how are you going to trust anyone?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry, So so I'm kind of into nature and you said sunset and animals and all that. So what I would have done is gone out in the snow in the dark, and then I wouldn't have you always said you mentioned sorry, I'm getting there. I'm getting together. What would Jesus do? Would Jesus stop and have breakfast?
Speaker 1: Let me set the table real quick pun intended The backdrop for David's call. Is this the very sad story out of Steamboat where a beautiful elk got caught in deep snow, buried up to its neck in a woman's large backyard. She did the right thing, she called the state Parks and Wildlife refused to come and rescue the animal, which outrages me. The woman then, and this is all I get the impression unfolding late in the day, The woman then, I think, heroically calls her friends, organizes them. They all come over in the morning with shovels to dig the elk out. They while they were having breakfast before going to dig the elk out, the elk perished. So that's what David's critical of is would Jesus have had breakfast first?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: That's what this comes down to.
Speaker 5: Just one point.
Speaker 3: And at the point I'm making and sorry to get all the most and what's just wow.
Speaker 2: It's emotional for me too.
Speaker 3: I mean, let me just ask, can you make a squirrel?
Speaker 2: I've never tried? But no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no, But I get the point point is they My point is they are so complicated, just like us and any living thing that has eyes and a mouth and reproduces, and they go to the bathroom, they have to eat, they have emotions, and people just don't respect that, and they don't and they regard people as, oh, we're so much above them. No, we're not, in my opinion, not at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, David, David, let me let me inquire on that.
Speaker 1: First of all, obviously I care deeply about animals, which is why we devoted the entire show to it yesterday. And obviously lots of people across party lines care deeply about animals. They made that clear when they called that's why this is such a big topic. That But I mean, it's nothing personal. But it's insane for you to say that that people are not elevated above animals, right, I mean, you really see us as just absolutely ecing equal value, equal intent by God in creating us.
Speaker 3: The only difference and we are at the wrong intelligence level because we put animals in zoos for to visit. The only difference is they have a different language and we don't respect that.
Speaker 2: That's the only difference.
Speaker 3: Statement, a different intelligence level. That's a big difference. If any other animal on the earth had an intelligence level above us, they would be running the world and we.
Speaker 2: Would be in the zoo.
Speaker 3: And people don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd think. I think that's when recent people are very concerned about.
Speaker 3: We're so fortunate to have a great upbringing. Your mother was great and your father was great. There are so many people out there that had nothing, and they don't value people the way you do. And so you know, I thank god that you were brought up that way.
Speaker 6: I was not.
Speaker 4: So I respect.
Speaker 3: Animals and nature, and I did not respect people. If you're a wonderful person, you're a great person, but you're not elevated above anything else the way you you think you are.
Speaker 1: David may ask the question and if this is too personal or sensitive, so I understand completely. Is this a case where because of the abuse that you suffered that you were closest to, you had your your most love from an animal?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a case of which the person you're so supposed to be the closest to abused you. So, so how are you going to love any person?
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: If you ever had like.
Speaker 2: Nothing, mother, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I cannot even imagine that that didn't have to be hell on Earth.
Speaker 2: I could not even imagine.
Speaker 3: That ORNI making as people are not elevated above animals except for intelligence level. That's it. Well, they have two eyes, they have a mouth, they eat, they have feelings, and we we I think, are they exact wrong intelligence level? We're just smart enough to screw everything up.
Speaker 1: I really, I really appreciate your very the very personal call, and and you know, thank you for sharing all of that, my friend, and I hope you call again.
Speaker 2: Don't be sorry about anything.
Speaker 3: Point. My point is I would help the elk out. I would go out with a light and shoveling. I would make a plan. Oh we got planning.
Speaker 4: What sort of a plan do you need?
Speaker 3: You go get a shovel and you dig. It's not like you where I have to plan to go to court, you have to plan to go in front of a judge, in front of Missouri. You get a shovel and you help a living being out.
Speaker 4: It's not that complicated.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've gone a couple of minutes late, just because you're so compelling grateful for your call. I do need to hit this break now I do hope you.
Speaker 2: Call a guy my friend. No, no, no, no, no, nothing to be sorry about.
Speaker 3: But everyone a great day, and okay, I'll let's go.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you, David, thanks to the call. Wow. Just heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: You know, I cannot even imagine having anything other than a phenomenal mother and a phenomenal father.
Speaker 2: And I know that not.
Speaker 1: Everybody does, and I've always appreciated that, but I literally cannot imagine how hillacious life must be if you don't have that.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capitlas.
Speaker 7: Show, and now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Sure, four important things going at once here. One of those is the breathless story today that Mayor Mike Johnston said he will go to Capitol Hill and testify in the Sanctuary city here, and of course he will because he knows there's no chance for the questioners to pin him down, there's no presiding judge. He's going to filibuster, he's going to deceive. But what has triggered a lot of conversation is the statement he put out today that hey, you know, Denver leads the way I'm paraphrasing, Denver shows everybody.
Speaker 2: How to do it right.
Speaker 1: But he actually says this in the statement he put out that Denver has shown you can bring all these people in and not compromise public safety and not compromise course services.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like bagdad, Bob.
Speaker 1: You think of all the stuff that closed, all the people who got laid off, the increases in crime, the crime directly tied to folks here illegally. Text or Dan, can you and Ryan outline the services that Johnson did not provide for the city. I can validate that my daughter had a job as a lifeguard and she quit her job because she wasn't going to get the hours. So I'd like to know about the other services.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, mention that earlier you had.
Speaker 1: A whole bunch of people, as I remember it, who who didn't have their hourly jobs anymore or got the hourly cut way back in the city said oh, those aren't layoffs because they're hourly people, right, And then you had rec centers. Then you have rec centers clothes, you know, to house people here illegally. So I think there's a bunch of stuff. Texter, Dan three or three someone three eight two five five go local at from Alexa. Great suggestion. Were blessed to be syndicated, but it's left us with this awful phone number, so we may just revert back to our Denver area number. Dan, who's giving the counter argument? Tamyor Johnston for the counterpoint of view? Well, I imagine that'll be committee members, right, But here's the point.
Speaker 2: They don't have the ability.
Speaker 1: Like I would say, he's on the witness stand and there's a presiding judge, I've got the ability to pin him down. The committee members, no matter how skilled they are, don't have that ability because they have so limited time and there's not a presiding judge. So that's why this is going to be a walk in the park for Johnson. Yeah, committee members will state an opposing point of view and point out some things that are contrary to what Johnston's saying, but that's not a real chance to cross him. Dan, And we'll get into this tomorrow. I meant for it to be today's topic, but others have been hotter Dan. Unless they make the new mobile radar to be civil offenses like the HOV lanes, I don't see me changing driving habits. That said, I don't speed a lot like others. We'll talk more about this tomorrow. Since they're not going to be putting in speedcams on some of the highways. Wondering where you come down on that and if it'll change what you do eight five vers five A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three. We'll get back to some more of those great Texters in the meantime, Kevin and Boulder. They don't want to play for you some top five trump sound. Ever, this is the kind you'll play five years of now to put a smile on your face.
Speaker 2: Welcome Kevin.
Speaker 6: For years, the BLM, with the help of the state, has been rounding up facing to death from exhaustion, heart attacks and broken bones, wild stallions and their foals in northern Colorado and rounding them up for slaughter.
Speaker 2: And I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 6: And if you really want to hear or know about something satanic, absolutely horrendous is lab research on animals. It's absolutely horrendous. What the Nazis did doesn't even come close to what they do to animals.
Speaker 2: Well but obviously the Nazis did it on you humans.
Speaker 6: But used to produce a TV show in Boulder. Well, I produced several shows. One of them was four of the animals, and I would get videos from animal welfare groups like Peter showing animals being tortured in labs and just so people would know the truth.
Speaker 1: Well, Kevin, I appreciate the call because I do want to start talking more about these issues.
Speaker 2: If you just joined us, thank you.
Speaker 1: We spent the entire show yesterday on this horror of this beautiful elk buried up to its neck in snow in a big backyard and steamboat. The homeowner did just the right thing, called parks and Wildlife please come rescue it, and the state didn't, which I think is an outrage. And then the wonderful homeowner organized ten friends to come over, came from miles away with shovels, couldn't come till the next morning when they were having breakfast, the elk passed away. So that's why we're talking about this, but not I want to talk about more issues like this, because obviously this crosses party line is more important than that. It's just true God created these creatures. They feel pain, they feel emotional pain, and yeah, they were created in parts that we could eat them and sustain, but they're supposed to be treated with respect and with dignity. And there should be no one necessary suffering. So that's why I think what what the state's failure to step in yesterday was outrageous, you know, and any other stories like that I want to talk about on Aaron, We're going to try to get that wonderful person on who organized that rescue party.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, there is so much going on. Let me get to that. Trump's sound.
Speaker 1: This this is just instant classic Trump in his presser yesterday.
Speaker 2: Do I have enough time for the sound? Or should I say it? Okay?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, yes, Faia and suffer formanda as I expectations from you. Do you have any plan to change Afghanistan situation? Are you able to recognize Taliban? Because I'm Abgunja, less up and supper woman, and he commented about Afghanistan? What's your future plant for ap gun people?
Speaker 9: Especially every I have a little hard time understanding you. Where are you from?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 9: It's a beautiful voice and a beautiful accent. It's the only problem is I can't understand the word you're saying. But I just say this good luck living piece.
Speaker 2: That's Isn't that just perfect?
Speaker 1: And it's perfect because it shows where he's at right now.
Speaker 2: Right, he just good luck living peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he he is the most prominent powerful leader in the world, right, and he's he's comfortable in a way we haven't seen before, understandably. Right, he was subject to the coup attempt and all that other stuff and then everything he was put through with law fair and everything else, and he's just it is a wonderful thing to watch in action. And that's just that's just a funny human moment. So it's going to be a great four years ahead. A five for zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine when we come back, Well, we'll continue talking about the protesters at the Capitol and others protesting the deportations. But why do they carrate the Mexican flag if they don't want people sent there?
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I've said this before, I'll say it again.
Speaker 9: You are the greatest friend Israel has ever had in the White House.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so true and so awesome to hear that, right, and Trump deserves that, and coming from the great nation of Israel, you know it just fought so valiantly for its own existence and survival, and knowing that the horror of October seven never had happens if Trump's in office, just like the invasion of that of Ukraine never happens if Trump's in office. And thank god he's back. John Fabricatory kind enough to join us former regional director of ICE, to talk about the protest at the state capitol in Colorado and elsewhere today.
Speaker 2: John, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: How'd you enjoy that testimony on Capitol Hill?
Speaker 4: It was great? You know, this is that's the second time I actually testify it up on Capitol Hill. And you know, any time that I get to spend time up there testifying in congresses is an honor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, we were talking earlier about lawless Mike Johnston of Denver saying he's going to go ahead and testify at.
Speaker 2: The Sanctuary City hearing.
Speaker 1: And I was just telling folks, don't get your hopes up here, because they don't have a presiding judge. There's no real chance to pin Johnston down. He's just going to dissemble, he's going to fill a buster, he's going to deceive, and there's no real opportunity for committe members to pin him down.
Speaker 4: No, you know, but it does, you know, kind of get us to hear what he has to say on the subject without being you know, in front of a media and just posturing and doing political theater. So I hope when he does go forward, and if he does go forward, that you know, the right kind of questions are asked to kind of pin him to exactly why he does what he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, we got a preview today, John of Johnston's spokesperson saying, yeah, he's going to go and he's going to point out how Denver's proven how to do it. You know, had all these people come here and didn't compromise public safety, didn't compromise course services. It's like bag dad, Bob, wait a second, you closed rec centers. You know, people had their hours cut back. There's all sorts of impact on public services. They didn't even plant flowers one summer. And then on top of that, obviously you had crime committed by some of the people here.
Speaker 2: So it seems to me, my constitutionally protected.
Speaker 1: Opinion, he's not the guy I knew, but he's a guy We've always had our political differences but always enjoyed him.
Speaker 2: It seems to me now he just lies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's to the detriment of this community. And you know, like you said, you know, some of the people that have come here have committed some very horrific and violent crimes. We've had trenda ragua in the area. They've cut the fingers off of a man, they kidnapped and brutally beat a couple. They murdered a man in the courtyard of the Edge. You know, so there's been violence with this group that has come in and you know, he's kind of danced around that that issue, and the community is not safer by what he's doing.
Speaker 1: No, And I just wish there'd be a real chance to expose him. And I just don't think the committee, by the nature the mechanics of it, is going to have that opportunity. But John Police, what did you see down at the capital today? We've received a lot of text on this, a lot of people upset, apparently a lot of kids down there.
Speaker 2: What'd you see?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, the age group it was, it did kind of surprise me. It looked like, you know a lot of you know, between fifteen nineteen year old had taken some time off of school today to go downtown. But you know, there was your basic group who's down there all the time that you know, I can point out individuals I see down there all the time. But was really concerning me, Dan, It's just what was on the signs, because it was just very untruthful. You know, they put things like immigrants are good for America, which is true, but Trump is not going after immigrants, and they conflate out all the time. They constantly say that immigrants, immigrants, immigrants. Well, but that's not the topic of this subject. The topic of the subject is not the people who have lawfully come in and they're doing what they're supposed to do. The issue that many of us have is with illegal immigration, the unvetted amounts of people that the Biden administration led into this country and what it has caused to happen here. And I think if these younger people are not being shown that and the wolves being pulled over their eyes, we're going to have an issue with what's going on because they are going to protest a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, and John that the thing that drives me so crazy is that all of these people, and certainly Mike Johnston, the fully informed ones, you know, the Mike Johnston's, Jared Poulises, etc. All these years they've been knowingly protecting folks who are not only here illegally, but who have committed other crimes while here. And so what's your take on this, John, Because I mean, these are people polics who actually signed a build that says, okay, you know, but probation and parole can no longer cooperate with ICE. So at that point, you know, when you put your signature on that, it was to protect people not only here illegally who've been convicted to the point they have a probation officer. What would ever drive any sane person to want to protect those people who've committed these other crimes.
Speaker 4: That's what makes me laugh about the whole thing, Dan, because you see it very clearly, and that has been my biggest problem with nineteen Dash eleven twenty four. You have a lot of Democrats out there saying, well, this protects the immigrant community. Again, we're not going after the immigrant community. But just on the fact that, like you said, that you exclude parole and probation from communicating with ICE, you're allowing criminals, criminal illegal aliens to go back out on the street. And we know what the recidivism rate is. I testified the Congress about this that it's about four to one per criminal alien. So why are we allowing him to go back out into the street to possibly commit additional crimes. We had a crime up in Broomfield four times. This illegal alien was let out on UI chargers four times. He was deported driving drunk and speeding past Boomfield High School. He struck a mother and her son and killed them. Why do we need to allow illegal aliens out into the communities to potentially commit more crimes before we deport them.
Speaker 1: Well, John, appreciate you being with us, and maybe you, with all of your acquired wisdom through all this work over the.
Speaker 2: Years, can solve this riddle.
Speaker 1: Why here and in LA and elsewhere where people are protesting Trump wanting to send people to Mexico. Are the protesters carrying Mexican flags? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 4: I wish, I wish I could, dan And it wasn't just Mexican flags. There were tons of other flags out there today, not American flags. I mean there were a few. I can't say there weren't any because I'll be called out on that, but there were way more foreign flags than there were American flags today.
Speaker 1: But truly, if the folks carrying those flags love and admire Mexico so much, why are they protesting Trump wanting to send Mexican citizens back to Mexico.
Speaker 4: Exactly if you love it so much, it's down south twelve out twelve our drive from Denver to El Paso.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, appreciate John, appreciate the time. Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's John Prepargatory. He used to be regional director of Vice. And listen, I've said this before. Nothing I'm saying obviously has any animosity toward folks from Mexico, or any animosity toward folks from Mexico who came here illegally and have not committed other crimes. They should not have come here illegally. Right laws need to be honored, and I know this country has to have some sensible way to do it that we can't. We can't deal with an unlimited number of folks here illegally, and the border should have been closed and controlled all along.
Speaker 2: But all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Is, none of this is about any animosity toward folks from Mexico it's just about sanity, it's just about national security. And that's why it is mind blowing to me that someone like Jared Poulis or Mike john And would go out of their way to try to protect somebody here ilegally who has committed other crimes.
Speaker 2: Why do you think they do that?
Speaker 1: And I don't mean that as a rhetorical question. Why do you think they would do that? Why would any sane, moral person do that? And then that's a lead into something we'll spend more time on tomorrow. But I wanted to let you know about this bill that's been introduced because I think it's going to be very, very helpful in exposing Jared Poulis in his latest round of lies. So what we have now is we have a couple of Republicans who have introduced a bill that would allow probation and parole officers to cooperate with Ice.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got polists.
Speaker 1: Going on every TV and radio station in the country that'll have him, except this one because he's afraid of the tough questions, bragging about how no he wants to cooperate with the federal government to get those people who are here illegally committing other crimes. Here's the perfect opportunity, right, do you think he'll support this bill? Eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven three.
Speaker 7: Nine And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let it Die fascinating because we spent the entire show on this topic.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: The elk buried up to its neck and snow in a woman's backyard. She did everything right. She called parks in wildlife. They wouldn't come. I think the.
Speaker 2: State wrong, wrong, wrong.
Speaker 1: To let that elk suffer and die. She organized a rescue party. When they came out the next morning after breakfast.
Speaker 2: The elk was gone. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Point is we spent two hours yesterday on this and the calls just that's not our topic today. But the calls keep coming, the texts keep coming, and you know what that I'm really glad to see that because that just that just confirms my faith in humanity, because you are these callers, there are cross party lines. These are living creatures made by God. They feel pain, they have emotions, and we can never let a creature die in pain like that when there's something we can do the state was wrong here, and so anyway, we continue your calls, we'll get to that, but I want to let you know I posted at dan Kaplis on Twitter, and please look at it and follow me.
Speaker 2: You'll be glad you did. One of the top five.
Speaker 4: Ryan.
Speaker 1: I'd ask you to take a look and tell me if you agree. One of the top five top ten pictures in presidential history. It is just it is just such an amazing, captivating photo. It's so perfectly framed, it's so inspiring. And I'll describe it to you if you're in the car. It's President Trump giving women sports back to girls and women, signing the executive order today, and he's surrounded by all of these girls and women of all ages. But they're tightly crowded together. It's like a Norman Rockwell, they're tightly crowded together around him. He looks great, and I love the two little kids in front. But everybody is happy, and everybody's looking right at him as he signs. And so I think it's the combination of just all of these young girls and even children and grown women, and everybody's so happy and and he looks great. But the importance of this, the monumental importance of the order he signed, So please do and thank you for reposting it. Ryan, Please please do take a look at that. It's so compelling. It is so compelling.
Speaker 2: Craig and Berthig. You're on the Dan Kapli show. Welcome, Hey Dan, you doing living the dream my friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I didn't hear the show yesterday, but just kind of follow up on what I talked to your Earth is and there about. So I got in from birth to the versa every day the highway thirty six and uh, one day last week I noticed traffic has stopped, so everybody is not going anywhere. And I come up on the scene and there's a wounded bel oak probably Oh, I don't know. She's a couple of years old, standing in the middle of the road. No one knows what to do. Yeah, so the guy who got to hit her it pulled over trying to fly traffic down. I stopped, got out, got over there, went up, said hi, Elk, how you do when she kind of looked at me like, oh, thank you you're here, and grabbed her and walked her.
Speaker 2: Off the start of the Wow, how cool.
Speaker 5: Never hugged an elk before in my life. I went she looked pretty thankful. Well, she's trying to get to the entire herd, who's about one hundred yards down the road, and.
Speaker 4: She's not going to get that fart.
Speaker 5: So I got traffic stopped again and then walked her across the other side of the road to the wide world. She continues on with her life.
Speaker 1: Wow, God love you man, what a great story. So have you have you ever touched an elk before?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: So not a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: The elk, Now, I'm sure you were being careful. They didn't kick you or whatever, but the elk just seemed to welcome you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she did. She absolutly looked at me like, thank guys, you're going to get me out of the road because I'm going well, yeah, because this could probably get a lot worse. And like I said, I don't believe you know, I'll give her a fifty to fifty shot. I'm going to say what it was. And he called the DOW And I've seen these incidents before, and I realized they're not going to respond because there's no way they go out and track one elk, and heard of several hundred in that area. So I wish you're the best, and a lot of people thought it and well, God.
Speaker 1: Love you man, God love you. Hey really appreciate that story. Thank you, Craig. Wow, what a cool guy.
Speaker 2: What a great story.
Speaker 1: And it's you know, it just comes back to you know why this story is dominated for two days just because I mean, it doesn't may I'm a Democrat, Republican, male, female, color raise, any of that stuff doesn't matter. We all know, right, it's the way we're wired, the way we're built. We know that these are God's creatures and they feel pain, they have emotions, and even if somebody doesn't believe in God, they just know, right, they just know that you cannot allow an animal to unnecessarily suffer. And that's why I'm so outraged at the state for refusing to rescue this animal. And as as textures and callers said, if that had been one of Jared Polis's precious wolves brought into the state to chew up our ranchers livestock, you know, they would have had helicopters and everything else to say.
Speaker 2: But no, it's just wrong. This is just wrong.
Speaker 1: But really the other thing that I appreciate is we've heard from so many interesting people, you know what I mean, from all different walks of life, and we're going to try to get the woman who tried to save this elk. She called the state, the state refused to help, and then she recognized she organized this rescue crew came from miles around with shovels to get the elk out and then by the time they get out there in the morning after breakfast, the elk was gone. So we're going to try to get her on the show. I think she's a hero, So tomorrow show. Hey, first, do check out at Dan Caplis on Twitter, not just because I want more followers, which I do, but also because it is one of the most compelling political photos I've ever seen. Trump today giving women sports back to girls and women, but just the photo as he signs the order. You'll enjoy it, no matter what, you'll enjoy it. And then tomorrow I love this. Couple of Republicans have introduced to bill would allow parole probation officers to cooperate with ICE.
Speaker 2: Well Polis tough talking.
Speaker 1: Polis has been out there saying no he wants he wants Colorado to cooperate with ICE when it comes to criminals who've committed other crimes.
Speaker 2: Well this is the test, right do you think he's going to support this spell?
Speaker 1: Great job, Brian Kelly, join us tomorrow please on the Dankaplas Show