Speaker 1: Who's your favorite member of Van Halen.
Speaker 2: Q at with I'll show you're gonna ruin it be except for similar me pursuing it. Fold out shaw shame through the sewer.
Speaker 1: Dude, Now what chilling that day?
Speaker 3: Eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it. Do your clocking on the dot. Gott a habit for my house or go status Howard starting kidting Crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit, dun in so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm ung out with my friend Rocket on the radio, my home on Boys Gains.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to do this fos again. All the Here we go, Kat Christine up, all up on my radio, a saloon to welcome everybody. It's the Ben and Skin Show here on a Tuesday, holding it down on ninety seven point one the Egle. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. All hands on deck and in studio today. I'm Ben Rodgers, joined by my close personal homie since growing up in Richardson met in nineteen eighty two, Jeff skin Wade. Taco Tuesday, Ben, you know what I'm saying? What Taco Tuesday b commentator Jeff here to talk to us about Taco Tuesday. Man, that was so good.
Speaker 5: Commentator Jeff, here too, urninata X.
Speaker 1: That's a great nickname. Commentator, Jeff, are your MAVs pants going crazy?
Speaker 5: We're one day away from the maps.
Speaker 1: Happened the number one pick in the NBA draft dude yesterday, and we'll talk about it later in the show. But one Ben Rogers broke news to me of the Daniel Gafford signing Yes because I was getting ready to take my daughter to a birthday dinner and I looked down at my phone and been an old cap said Gafford, and I thought, oh my god, we traded Gafford. And then I pulled up the news and was like, oh my god, we re signed Gafford. Yes, we'll get into all that later, but that was you broke that news to me. Very nice. Also, the pride and joy of Only Texas coming off a corporate meeting in which he contributed a little bit. Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin K. T. Turner, I feel like I heart now sees the value in me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, after they told me to take my belongings and go to the elevator and asked me to give them the key card to get in, but I didn't wear it to work that day, so I was like, I'll bring it back next week. But then they brought me back, and finally I think they know what they've got.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want to I don't want to say too much, but let's just say the listeners are in for quite a nice surprise around Halloween.
Speaker 6: Well you didn't even hear about the Yeah, the mommy milkover thing that I count myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, i'd be on that pause. Yeah. Also joining us today the Pride and Joy of Oatmeal Pizza. Popular local Nirvana cover band Christina Krae A Little Baby corn Bread Ray. Hello.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you how fun it is to have a band practice real late in the night and then wake up early for a corporate meeting.
Speaker 1: Did y'all go, Ham? Yes, they went.
Speaker 7: So we have a show this Friday, and I'm really excited about it. We wrot the songs down Club Dotta.
Speaker 1: I love club? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, can I give some I heart Corporate meeting analyticsart. First person to speak up in the meeting outside of the person running the meeting, Christine, All right, okay.
Speaker 7: And then everyone immediately just ignored what I said and went to something else, but it was fine.
Speaker 1: I was like, I need to say something, just you know, remember what she said, because there yet I was late. O Katie, do you remember what she said? You son of a bitch?
Speaker 6: I do. It was something about music, dogs, dogs.
Speaker 1: Dogs you jerk Club eight, either music or dogs. That was the first thing that was said in the meeting besides Jason. Yeah, all right, so I had the first way in. I actually did hear that. Thank you. Okay, good, I made it in time for that. You made time for that. Very nice. But there was a moment where, I don't know, six or seven minutes into the meeting, I said something and everyone goes, oh my god, you're here. Yeah I did, okay, hey everybody. And then I realized about thirty minutes into the meeting that the back of my head was being shown on a video with people that were out of market. I didn't want to tell you, yeah, it's like they're looking at my bald spot that. I really like that.
Speaker 5: You then you then did.
Speaker 1: Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen brought in pizza for the entire iHeart staff and crouches. Very nice, and everybody's stuck in this meeting, and we're you know, it's where it's productive. We're going over a lot of great stuff. But meeting bro, we'd been there for a long time. Skin all of a sudden just goes I'm hungry. I can't tell you how hungry I am. And then while everyone's waiting that room, he just went to play the pizza. And I'm thinking, I don't know what the rules are. I was thinking of, you can't cancel lunch, you know. I was thinking of if I think you should leave bringing kind I'm like, are you allowed to do that? I mean, I was I'm going back to elementary school. I'm thinking of every job I ever had. Usually they're like, all right, and everybody can go get some pizza. But you're grown ass man. You wanted some pizza. She went and got some pizza. I was so confused and turned on by it. I had a slice of pizza in the sleeve of my hoodie and I pretended like I was sleeping and I was eating pizza out of the edge of this of my sleeve. I'm so tired, the tiredest I've ever been. I gotta set my head on the desk. So where we were where I was sitting. I saw the Andrews people walk in. Yeah, and so I was like, oh, it's being set up right out there. I'm gonna go eat pizza now, let me know how this part of the meeting is going. And then I went and got pizza. I brought it into set out in a nice cold sprite, Yeah, couple of slices of cheese, and started throwing down really well done, well done by you. We all wanted to be so free.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So yes, we're going to talk about Daniel Gafford and signing his deal with the Mavericks. Will do that around four fifteen. But I do want to just say about Cooper Flag. I am so unbelievably excited and the Mavericks got so very lucky. I mean, I was contemplating whether or not I could be a fan ever again, Like it was the darkest time in my MAVs existence, and I was a fan through the nineties, and you know, it's like suddenly everything is okay. I'm still not okay with the trade, but the results of the roster and where we're sitting, having a contender and having the number one pick in a year where it really matters to have the number one pick, where there's a huge difference between one two and the rest of the class. I mean, there's a definitive number one pick, and he's going to be a maverick and he's going to be really, really good. You know, we do a lot of this best prospects and so and so and best prospects and so and so and blah blah blah. One of the things that I do believe wholeheartedly is he is the best American prospect two way player since Anthony Davis because he's a better defensive player than offensive player, and he's a really good offensive player. But that's where and that's exactly when Kawhi Leonard was first establishing himself. He was establishing himself as a dominant defensive player and then his offensive game came into focus later. But the fact that he's a dominant defensive player early is great. We're going to be talking about this so much tomorrow because we're doing our show from three to six out there at the American Airline Center, and then immediately after it is going to be a draft simulcast that the MAVs are doing. It's put on by mAbs TV and all of that, but you'll be able to hear it right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle Homa Dallas Mavericks Basketball brought to you by k Post Company, DFW's trusted name in roofing, waterproofing, and solar solutions.
Speaker 5: And we're going to be out there. We're going to be all over it.
Speaker 1: And we are the flagship station of the Mavericks literally the flag.
Speaker 5: Shit okay station on the average.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll have lots of coverage tomorrow and we'll take you on into the night at nine o'clock. It'll go. Coverage is from six to nine, with our show being the pregame show from three to six. All Right, I saw we're gonna move along. We've got a great show planned for you. But I saw three stories on Dallas TV. I want you to think about. Okay, jugging is now a felony? Should be jugging? I'd never heard of that. Is that where you grab him? No, that's where you follow people. It's where you rob someone in an ATM. Now, why wasn't that already a felony? That was just frowned upon? A Mesquite man was arrested naked in a and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Can you bounce back from that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Caren't you the guy that got arrested?
Speaker 1: Dude and a stolen ambulance And you can't really steal an ambulance and be on the download.
Speaker 5: The whole point of an ambulance is to be loud and visible.
Speaker 1: Did you kid? Bill Wolsh? And then finally Texas man shoots and kills his roommate who asked for because he was asked for two hundred and fifty dollars in rent. You should choose roommates better. You should choose roommates better. If the guy might kill you if you ask for two hundred and fifty dollars, probably not a great roommate.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next again, where are we going and things? Skin is tracking? Is your last name offensive? Before we get there, I want to say, and this is three minutes away the answer to that question. We're giving away tickets to Kaboom Town always a big deal. July fourth is next week. We got a four pack to giveaway and we're going to do it using the iHeart app. So go in there, use the talk pack feature, and the third person to leave their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question, which member of this show, which one of the four of us was the first one to speak up in the corporate iHeart meeting earlier today. We talked about it in the opening segment. So if you can tell us which one it was, and then leave your name and your phone number, your email address, be the third person you're going to win those four pack of tickets to Kaboom Town.
Speaker 5: But right now it's time for this Boom.
Speaker 1: Skin Track, another edition of Things Skin is track.
Speaker 5: A couple things.
Speaker 1: So what's the one of the first things I do when I wake up in the morning after urinating, is I sit down with a cup of coffee and I start reading the Dallas Morning News hard copy.
Speaker 5: I do not I had, And.
Speaker 1: This is one of the things I was gonna ask you about. So I get two emails. I get one that's like, here's the late breaking stories, and I like clicking on that because it's easy links. The other one is here's today's e paper and so if you go on it, you click on it, it's actually the newspaper, like it's laid out, but just on your phone and you can zoom in. I'm like, I never use that. I never want to use that that sounds like a pain. It's kind of a pain. But I'm like, you know, I get it every morning, and I'm like, are there people Maybe they're on iPads that are looking at the e paper.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine, like they're taking the time to send this email out every morning. So I guess it's serving somebody. Is it? The person who does layout insisted that they do it to justify their job. I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, but I'm not so anyways, so I always go in there and I start clicking on links. Now they'll have stories that are all right, like here's the most read stories. But I've noticed I'm starting to get more stories that are similar to like what I normally read. And so I'm like, Okay, are these Dallas Morning News emails tracking me and sending like is everyone's Dallas Morning News emailed tailored towards them? Oh, it's an algorithm deciding I'm wondering about that. Oh, are you getting stories in the Dallas More news about jazz documentaries? Yes, Okay, it's crazy, there's an algorithm. But I do get a lot of stories about restaurants, food, venues shows and today, Ben this kind of affects you. Here's a headline developer plans two hundred and fifty million dollar mixed use project in Salina. Okay, Now this is the what's that Alder Loop? You know that street that's called outer Loop that crosses Preston and goes all the way over to the toll way. There's an HGB over there. There's you know, it's like any of these burgeoning suburbs, there's major intersections. So there's four big corners to develop something. So this is talking about one of those corners. And I found this paragraph to be particularly interesting because as I read it, I was wondering if Okay as his family's name offensive and said, David Davidson Junior and his father, David Davidson, Sr. Broker this transaction. The sellers, the Choates were early settlers of Colin County, dating back to the eighteen fifties. They owned the famed Choke family pharmacy. How you spelling that Choate? That outlaw Clyde Barrow broke into the pharmacy in nineteen thirty two when he mistook the property for a neighboring hard hardware store. I love paragraphs like this because there's so many items of intrigue in here. And I do love how much old North Texas history figures out a way to cross Bonnie and Clyde always. It's always, there's always a Bonnie and Clyde story for anything. Every state do that or is that where they spend a lot of time in Texas? I think that's just us, right, I think because of the movie. I mean, it was a huge movie.
Speaker 7: There's a house in Crandle that they apparently stayed at, and I don't know if that's actually true or not, because, like you said, you feel like you just hear about story all that time and you don't know if it's actually real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys know why. There's a lot of reasons. But Bonnie and Clyde the movie was a very important historic movie because it was one of the first movies that was made after they started having the rating system. Okay, oh like it are, yeah, And so it was a very violent movie and it also had the great Gene Hackman. I mean, Warren Beatty was a big deal. If they'd done away was a big deal. But it was a historic story and it was just a very very violent movie for nineteen sixty eight or whatever year it came out. But I mean, like if you if you, if you're so, if it depending on your age, if it's your parents, your grandparents, and they were around. They have a Bonnie and Clyde story. Well, I just googled it says Bonnie and Clyde spent their early months in a tent in the West Dallas slums before moving to a home that was later moved to become a filling station. Bonnie and Clyde primarily stayed in various hideouts across Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Missouri. Okay, so they bounced around a bunch. So what do you guys think about the Choates. I mean, it sounds like they got they did pretty good on this deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and David Davidson as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was David Davidson Junior and David david Senior both did very well on this deal. They broke at it for the Choates. It's like Jeff Jeffrey Ben bench Man, it's crazy Kevin Kennington.
Speaker 6: Anyways, Now Chod is different, like hey, all right, yeah, yep, you don't want to lick it because it's also psychedelic.
Speaker 1: Don't lick the chod, but a choate? Do you lick the choate? I mean, they just got two hundred and fifty million dollars from this deal that David Davidson Junior and David Davidson Senior broker shout out to the choates. All Right, we're off and running. There's things Skin is tracking coming up next to the Hollywood Shuffle. You guys follow us, Rick Flair.
Speaker 6: News, Jersey News, Hot God, every.
Speaker 1: Stay on the top in the shovel.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna tell you about the Rick Flair News in a second. First, and I'm gonna have some audio on a second, Christina. First, They yespi's have announced that Shane Gillis will be the host of The SP's All right on July sixteenth. No one really watches the SP's anymore, but I personally still like comedian on stage monologue can roast some of the players, that the players getting mad. I like that, and I wanted to continues, and we'll see how how he handles that.
Speaker 1: Well, he's an I don't care guy too, so I think he'll go full Norm McDonald and like, go actually say some stuff. I think so I think he's an I don't care guy, and he was like a D two or D three lineman or something college. I played college football somewhere, so I love sports, and so I'm sure he'll be good. He Is he a regular on McAfee show or did I just see him on McAfee because they were doing the whole sp thing. I don't think so. I just saw his picture on I was walking by a TV and McFee was on and he was on there, so I figure.
Speaker 6: I don't think so okay, But maybe because of that, I'll say tires on Netflix. I had, you know, heard season one wasn't that good, which I heard season two is great. Yeah, fired it back up, and I've been given season one a chance, and I do think it's okay, But if it's going to be better than this, then I'm in. So I'm gonna stick with it. It's easy to twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: It's like the lowest budget show you've ever seen, and he put a bunch of his friends and other comedians in it. There's some ridiculous parts to it. He's really good in it. He's funny. But season two is significantly better than season one. Tremendous Is it a sketch comedy or is it? No, it's like a they work at a tire shop and just the craziness that happens there. All right, that's good. Is that a little blue collar comedy for you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Not quite like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they're kind of making fun of that, actually, Okay, great? Yeah. Nick Cannon has twelve kids. Here he is on a podcast discussing the names of his twelve kids.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to play that for you, ye right now, in the home.
Speaker 1: Of what are their names? You want all twelve twelve names? This is where I usually get in trouble, right because you don't know all that. I know all of.
Speaker 4: Them, but like I se be honest, there's Rock, Row, Golden, Powerful, Rise, ONYX, Legendary, Zion, zillion Zin and just see this is where I, uh.
Speaker 1: You're missing too, I'm missing two. Okay. I want to defend him right quick. He should have been writing the names down as he went, because it's hard to remember what you've already said when you're in elevated age. Like Ben, he was trying to get out of answering the question started. What's her name?
Speaker 5: Bobby, Big Blue Bobby all talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's all over my social media. I see her everywhere, like her podcast, and she's like her deal is to be similar to that Marco Funny Guy. Do you know Marco Marco Funny Guy.
Speaker 6: She did a Cuban Yeah, this is where she was of the Drake.
Speaker 1: I don't yeah, I don't know. She does a character. So she's doing an interview as a character where she tries to be rude and dismissive and disinterested, just like Marco does in his Yeah, it's a pretty good bit, but it's just the same thing. Everything right, right, right, But this, Yeah, this would be tough. It's to have that many kids to name. I agree with Skinny should have been write it down. Well, I can't even name old twelve months unless I go in order.
Speaker 6: Now the Rick Flair news guys, this has been multiple posts on Reddit about this over the past four or five months, so this is not a certified news story. These are post on Tampa Reddit because he lives in Tampa and let's just say that Nature appears to call the Nature Boy quite often. Many posts, okay say that he goes out drinking and he's been kicked out of several establishments in the Water Street area of Tampa Bay and craps his pants just one one of the many posts. Does Rick Flair keep coming to your restaurant and sing himself? The man has asked himself like six times this year, drunk as f at bars and other restaurants. He gets stowed out of these places all the time. Is anybody else in the service industry having to deal with this?
Speaker 1: S too? There he is rocking a deuce while standing at a bar, And when's the last time you saw Rick Flair? Shober? He could get like some of those wrestling diapers. They looked just like the wrestling shorts they used to wear, but they're just a diaper. Also, dude, wrestling diapers is bad ass. That's a great product. You could come back.
Speaker 6: He could come back to wrestling in the diaper's poopy boy, Rick Flair, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was he Was he a villain or was he a good guy? He flip flop a little bit, right, did he? My legs?
Speaker 6: My memory of Rick Flair was always making fun of him because he was old and his hair was white, and he wore the yellow speedo at a time when wrestling had moved on from him, and it was the Rocking Stone Cold and man Taker and came, Yeah, he's very strange. He was seeing as like a joke. And he was on the w c W, which was at the times like PG Hulk Cogan was over there. It was like PG wrestling, where WF wrestling was a little more edgy and cussing and things like that.
Speaker 1: Or y'all anti Hull Cogan for the same reason, like he was an old washed dude.
Speaker 6: He wasn't WF so like the w CW guys were all seen as clowns. Okay, and my watching wrestling, Yeah, yeah, Well we met Rick Flair. I couldn't believe that he was five two. It was so it was so disappointed. He was like a shriveled up cigarette. Yeah, and he was pooping himself and he was taking his standing poop like a toddler just wanders over to a plant and takes a poop.
Speaker 1: He was doing that, this weird look in his face, really concentrating. All right, coming up next in the Way Back Machine, kt you say that I did something four years ago that demands examination, Yes, well you want it back next? All right, Before we get there, I'm probably gonna say yes, I'm gonna want it back. Don't forget tomorrow. Big Draft Day spectacular here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, brought to you by k Post Company, DFW's trusted name and Roofing, Waterproofing and Solar Solutions. They're gonna be sponsoring our draft show from three to six, the Bit and Skin Show live at the American Airline Center. And then from six to nine, I'll be hosting, along with Mark Followell and Ted Emeric, the Mavericks Draft Party. That's at the American Airline Center. It's open to the public, and that's why we're gonna be broadcasting down there, and then the whole show will be simulc cast here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, So you can hear it here, you can watch it on KFAA channel twenty nine, or you can go in person, which is what I would encourage you to do. And it's the mavericks first number one pick since nineteen eighty one when they drafted Mark Aguire. And we're gonna have Mark Aguire join us. We're gonna have number one pick Page Becker's join us. We're gonna have We're gonna be as soon as they make the number one picked, which we all think it's gonna be Cooper Flagg. I'm assuming it's going to be Cooper flag. But we'll have boots on the ground in New York to get an interview with that number one pick. There's gonna be some really great stuff going on. It's a huge day in Dallas sports history. Do not miss it, and you can rock with it right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle.
Speaker 5: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's time to go into the schedule.
Speaker 6: Worburg, all right, we'll go to the past the disc It passed before I placed some audio something Ben might want back. I did happen to bring my joke book with me to the meeting this morning. We had a big iHeart corporate meeting this morning. I as I was just kind of going through it, and I didn't. I brought my joke book as a prop to make it look like I cared and kid like write down notes. But I just started browsing through it whenever there was a conversation that was happening that I was that interested in. I went and I was sitting by Christina. I was like, I look at the date here and it's June twenty fourth, twenty twenty four. So would you guys like to see what kind of I was on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, a year ago. This is like a visual wayback machine.
Speaker 1: Is amazing. What was going on at that time, June twenty fourth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: We were about a week away from the debate where Biden probably shouldn't have taken the stage.
Speaker 1: Okay, he shouldn't have been running for president.
Speaker 5: So here we go.
Speaker 6: Remember what George Michael said when he crashed into that tree.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, that's good, I remember this. Wham wham.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Marion a Grande's read this on the air, right, Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know. I'm pretty sure we did this on probably not. I don't think we did.
Speaker 6: I think I issued these jokes on the air in a perfect time to fashion h and scary to write it down in your joke book, No, I had it written down before.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. I thought we made you look in your joke book on the air. Arion a Grande's real last name is Grande. Why didn't she go with pecaneou? My Mexican friends out there, they don't like that. Remember when the media wanted to kill Pete Davidson when he was the one having sex with Oriana Grande. Meanwhile, she's now a porking SpongeBob. That's actually a good joke for anyone who knows theater. Wait, but where's her boyfriend? Really is a SpongeBob? Short guy? But in there a punchline that's coming or porking?
Speaker 4: Is that the.
Speaker 6: Colin Greenwood radiohead? I might want to get that checked out.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it. So on this day twenty twenty one, really good Ben made a sound and it goes a little something like this, why is this happening? Here we go? Why is my computer? I love it? We're not gonna be able to hear that. We don't have time, Kevin, thank you. We're on year three of Kevin being mad at his computer. I mean, I can't believe you haven't replaced it.
Speaker 5: It just drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking for that?
Speaker 5: Aren't you looking for true love?
Speaker 1: Well, if you're slinging for true love, you don't want to nickel and dime a out the gate.
Speaker 5: All right, here's some crackers.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the noise? I mean, can you retreat? He went on I've noticed that the older I get, I just start making noises. He goes, aren't you looking for true love? And iing ha. Her brain couldn't process a word, but you knew you needed to respond. Alaino did when he walked by, and I put my panda like that. You know what, I'm not gonna fight it. So I asked me, if I want someone's gonna go, why are.
Speaker 5: You looking for that?
Speaker 1: Aren't you looking for true love? Well, if you're sliking for true love, you don't want to nickel and dimeer out the gate. All right, here's some crackers. My body's response to looking for true loves Like it's like Nanakroid in trading places the same he's eating the fish to the beer. I don't want to take that back. That's that's great communication. I like that. Honk. Now, some rappers have like a little grunt old do at the end of every bar. You can incorporate that near your new rap act. Yep, yep, all right, there you have it. The wayback machine delivers once again. Coming up next, Katie, where you going to take some in the news quikie A very cartoonish man hunt. Yeah, give me that news quikie got.
Speaker 5: A bit of a situation up in Oregon.
Speaker 6: We've got a man hunt going on here, and uh, the guy that we're looking for her as a forty two year old.
Speaker 1: Looney tune.
Speaker 6: No Yes, Looney l O O N y John Franklin tuon t O O N forty two year old man cartoon Looney tune forty two.
Speaker 1: His name is Looney two yep. I mean his nickname is Looney, right, his name, his first name is Looney. Really, it's not John Franktoon or what he was birthed into this world.
Speaker 6: His parents decided Looney would be his first name and his middle names would be John and Franklin.
Speaker 1: So he's Looney John Franklin tune. Yeah.
Speaker 5: How many names are you allowed to get?
Speaker 2: Some?
Speaker 1: You can do four if you want. I don't know that that's official with the way you said it. Yeah, I don't think on the form you gotta fill out, there's four blanks. I think it's three. Well, but all the Jones grandkids have seven or eight names. So Stephen John Stephen John John Steve.
Speaker 6: Ye So learning tune spotted by cops weaving his suv between lanes early morning hours and Look, I'm not a big fan of the New York Post, but I'm going to give them.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give them a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of respect here.
Speaker 6: Upon pulling them over, the Milwaukee police just say pulled him more in Milwaukee, too, discovered that he had an active felony worn out for his rest, and placed a spike strip beneath the rear tire of his vehicle to prevent him from fleeing. Now the officers in pursuit. The officers chase in pursuit of the road runner. Yep, yeah, I mean, look.
Speaker 1: It's right there for you. You might as well. Did They ask him? What's up? Doc? Okay, this is pretty good, this is really really.
Speaker 6: Good, And then he fired some shots at the vehicle as he fled.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't do that. You can't do that. Once you start shooting at the cops, you're kind of opening up a whole different bag of warn.
Speaker 7: Unless you scream you at the KA or whatever the yo.
Speaker 1: Simony, Sam did he did that?
Speaker 6: Yeah? But I will say he was finally arrested, thank god. And when he was arrested, he went sofer and saccosh.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get her license revoked. You should we should have her revoke them always. I ain't do uh, Speedy Gonzales, I ain't do that one. Yeah, you were doing that before the show. When you're prepping for the segment. You were doing a real I was doing thick accident rolling everything. Hot air balloon accident kills eight in Brazil. Oh, I saw this. This is this is one of my fears. Obviously. This is a fear of heights, a fear of dangling, fear of hot air balloons and airfire. Absolutely, what do you do?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: Revelations? What do you do if you're in a floating, you know, hot air balloon and it catches on fire. Yeah, that's why you don't get in one of them, right.
Speaker 5: And it's like they showed it before it took off.
Speaker 1: Who was having all sorts of complications. They're like, this isn't working right, and they're like, let's still do it.
Speaker 5: And dude, I couldn't believe some people survived.
Speaker 6: Thirteen of the twenty one survived, so pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. There's too many people on that hot air balloon. Man, I don't know how they survived because it looked like it was eight stories in the air. And people were jumping out of it.
Speaker 6: So the pilot who did survive said the fire started in the basket, so he started to lower the balloon, and when the balloon was clushed to the ground, he started telling me just jump.
Speaker 1: So if people started jumping, and he might have killed him by doing that. Maybe. I really don't know. By the way, speaking of that type of thing, is this, Did you guys see the story of the guy getting chased at the Galleria mall? Is this real? I don't know today. I think it was within the last forty eight hours, but you never know whats social media right at showing up. But apparently there was a guy being chased and so he jumped like two floors down, landed the gallery on the ice, and broke both his legs. I did see that.
Speaker 5: I don't know how real it was either, But.
Speaker 1: Okay, was he wearing ice skates? No? No, because then he it would have been hard for him to get away while running through the mall and ice skates? Yeah, I thought he was going back to his home part of the mall.
Speaker 6: It was so unclear in the footage too, that I don't even know. Was it the Dallas GALLERYA. I think it was the Houston Gallery. Oh okay, okay, yeah, yeah, he's running from officers took offn't know. It's crazy because he's on the rink and he's looking at his phone while his legs are broken.
Speaker 1: I think he's calling someone went yeah I am they got me and my legs are both broken.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, bro just fell from up there. He jumped from the top landed straight on ice. A witness says in the video, man, sure he's reporting today. Yeah, let's go ahead and in this segment, there you have it. There's the news, quickie, it's the meeting.
Speaker 1: He's the best to move the mic away, and that's why you were the first one to speak in that meeting this morning. Elmers coming up next, we'll go around the sports. Why uh what is Daniel Gafford's re signing with the Mavericks? Mean, we'll tell you in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere, all right. So then we walk into a twisted Routburger Company location around the Metroplex. You start building your own burger because you can do that. Now, what are you putting on that hope? I'm going uh going with that fat half pound patty?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, chef, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm going with a little mayonnaise, yes, chef, a little cheddar oh yes, yeh, a little bacon, yes, yeah, little pickle action yes, yet make sure you better than buns. Ah girl. Maybe a little avocado, yes, maybe a little cilantro yes.
Speaker 5: And I'm saying I can put whatever I want it because I'm the chef.
Speaker 1: It's incredible what you just did. Thank you. And I love the phrase a little pickle action. You can get in on all of that and go to any of the area Twisted Rutburger companies mention ben and skin and get ten percent off. How great is that? Keep it twisted, my friends. It's the good folks over at the Twisted Root Burger Company coming up at the bottom bottom of this hour. Rather KT has a world news quiz that we have to take. But right now it's time for this. Now.
Speaker 6: This is cool.
Speaker 1: Around the sports KTD twins as all the sports.
Speaker 6: Yes, so tomorrow we'll have the NBA Draft, and the Mavericks got ahead of it a little bit.
Speaker 1: They signed Daniel.
Speaker 6: Gafford to a three year contract extension somewhere between fifty four and sixty million dollars. Do we ever get clarity on what that actually ended up being.
Speaker 1: I think it's the fifty four point three million based on the Stein reports that that's and I've seen Bobby Marx, who's used to work in the Brooklyn Nets front office and now is like an ESPN capologist kind of guy, but he confirmed that number that if you do an extension. So usually when you sign a player to an extension, you can't trade them for six months. But apparently this is a part of the collective bargaining agreement. I didn't know that fifty four point three million over three years is a number where they're still immediately trade eligible. So they sign him at the exact most amount of money they could give him and still flip them in a trade immediately. So if they so, they basically have the option to do either. They either have some of the best depth in the league. It's the center position, and god, so many other bigs that they have with you know, Anthony Davis and Lively JJ, I mean Lively and you know now Flag, I mean, god, you're so deep at the four. Yeah, then but you know, you'll you have this big front line or you know, maybe they maybe they want that depth or maybe they're going to wheel and deal, you know, I don't know. I guess the only way I would The only way, you know, is if the MAVs had a press conference or he started speaking about it right now, right because otherwise they could be this could be a part of a bigger thing. Yeah, it could be, and I think it just it gives them a tremendous amount of options. One of the things that a lot of the reportings that the Mavericks want to keep them and they want to be big, and they think that's a benefit and an asset and strength and they want to lean in on that. They couldn't do this same deal with PJ. Washington Junior because quite frankly, he's worth more money. He's just a more in demand style of player in the current NBA, and if he were to hit the open market then he would make more than that. So I don't read into this that it's any indication that, Okay, they're going to move PJ. Washington Junior. Now. One of the things that Brad Townshend of the Dallas Morian News road is that, and I've heard this too, they're confident that they're going to add point guard help and not have to do some big trade because if you go out there and you look, another thing that does time to the Mavericks is y'all saw the reporting that they were interested in Drew Holiday. That that was you know, confirmed by multiple you know, plugged and sources. But he gets traded to Portland. Now, the last time Portland traded for Drew Holiday, they flipped him a week later. Do you guys remember that whole story what happened there? No? Okay, So he was part of the Damian Lillard to Milwaukee trade and he got there and him and Chauncey Billups had a long talk, and he told Chauncey Billups, men, I mean, I'm he's he's well known in the league as like the best teammate, the best guy, the sweetest guy, great friend, awesome person, incredible father. Like he's just known around the league as that guy everyone genuinely loves and.
Speaker 5: Respects Drew Holiday.
Speaker 1: And so he got there and Chauncey was even telling him, hey, man, I got traded from the Pistons after we won a championship, Like I've been through this, I get it. And he's like, man, I just want to be on a contender. So Billip's listen to him, and they facilitated a trade to Boston a week later, so he got flipped for Damian Lillard and then, ironically enough, got traded to Boston and screwed over Milwaukee. It's almost kind of like when remember when Napoli got traded to Toronto and then traded back to the Rangers within the division. So are you saying that it still could be alive. They could be at he could be a Maverick the I do. I do think that, But I always thought it was going to be hard for us to get Drew Holliday because he makes thirty one dollars and he's dude, he's He's a really good player. I would love to have him, but at that money. He's thirty five or he had a pretty significant offensive dip last year, like it's starting to go the other His three point percentage dropped like seven points last year. Now, you can have injuries and different things. But I was saying all that to say that there is thought that the Mavericks are gonna add I mean, the Chris Paul talk is still out there, whether that's valid or not. But there's a chance that they can just add point guard help to hit them over the hump until Kyrie's ready, and they run it back with this team that they wanted to run it back with, but they've added Cooper Flag to it. So if you had to guess, right now, do you think that the gaffer thing is to stay? I do think that. I think so. I also think they just made him way more valuable in a trade, right because he's locked up now, Like if you wanted him, if you're going to give up, they can get more assets for him now. Because he's locked up, he's got this year than three years after that. Right, He's only twenty five now or something like that. Six I think, is it twenty five? One of those twenty five okay? In this last season is maybe he's twenty six, okay, But that's basically the prime years of his career. Absolutely a reasonable number. Absolutely, Startenstein just got more than that, I think. Yeah, And I would argue that Hardenstein is a better player, but you know, to your point, that's and look what it did. It put Oklahoma City over the top. Yeah, Like the Mavericks kicked their ass on the glass. So there's like, all right, let's go get the best rebounder we can get and then they won a championship. And man, there's a lot of fun stuff happening. And we're going to be out there at the AA Seed tomorrow doing our show from three to six. MAV Draft coverage simulcast here on the Eagle after it, and of course all your coverage right here is brought to you by k Post Company, DFW's trusted name and roofing, waterproofing, and solar solutions. All right. Coming up next, it is a world news quiz. How much does this dumb show know. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: World news, world news, world news, world news, world news, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, world news. Great.
Speaker 6: I thought I meant to get to this yesterday, but we kind of got busy with some other stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: I think it's good to just kind of test you guys out sometimes, and gal.
Speaker 1: Uh I will say that the rules are you can steal, okay, but let's steal a little world news quiz.
Speaker 6: There's a lot going on in the world. We don't talk about much of these things, so I'll ask a question. There'll be five answers, and you can steal. We'll start with you, Christina, because you're to my left, and because you're a woman, and women should get to go far in this world.
Speaker 1: Would you guys agree?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I think they're strong and they deserve to be treated like everyone else because I respect him more than you.
Speaker 6: That's a good point, Ben, You're gonna go first, now, fine, all right, Ben yep. Israel attacked Iran last weekend, setting off a war between the two countries. Among the first targets was Iran's main center for uranium, which is in what city? Is it a bonab b busher c fid oh, D natans or D sagand c. Ben says, ce foid. Oh that's incorrect, Oh, incorrect. Over to skin, I have a question.
Speaker 1: Don't slow it down, shoot, I'd like for you to challenge the rules. One of my favorite headlines of the last couple of weeks is Trump says there's a ceasefire in the war. Israel and Iran have yet to respond. Oh yeah, and then they broke it. And then he commented and said they didn't know what the f they were doing. He legit dropped the future ball. Yeah, he dropped his own ball. They're like, hey, man, you don't get to say there's a ceasefire. We're the ones that are neighbors. All right, So what are my choices for a B and D?
Speaker 6: Can you say I'm out with Lon Nab, Busher, Natans and Segond.
Speaker 1: That's five choices, well, foido, he already picked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when do you get slowed down?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: What are the first two?
Speaker 6: You're killing me and you're about to lose your turn? What Bonab and Busher? Bonab, Bonab and correct? Christina will Jeck the point? Yeah, Busher and Natans or Segond.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's pronouncing that.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to do it fast the last one Segond, Yeah and correct. It was n'ton's you guys suck at World News and politics.
Speaker 1: World News.
Speaker 5: We'll got a skin Yeah, man, No, that's fine.
Speaker 6: President Trump is considering supporting Israel in the war and deploying a thirty thousand pound bomb called a massive ordnance penetrator a mop YEP to attack an Iranian nuclear sac bury deep in a mountain.
Speaker 1: Now, this quiz came out Saturday before we bombed. I ran, what are these bombs? Commonly known as a bunker buster?
Speaker 5: That is correct? One point for Jeff Skinway.
Speaker 1: He didn't even have the multiple choice.
Speaker 5: I wasn't going to give him to him on that world.
Speaker 1: That was an easy one, dude, Christina, was it?
Speaker 5: Yes, Christina?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On Saturday morning, a Democratic state representative was assassinated and a Democratic state senator was shot in the suburbs of what city? Des Moines, Iowa, Duluth, Minnesota, Madison, Wisconsin, Mankato, Minnesota, or Minneapolis. It's Minnesota. It is Minnesota, d Luth, Minnesota. That's incorrect, Ben, Des Moines, Madison, Mancatto or Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Bunker buster. That's correct. It was a bunker bunch. Good job, Ben, one of them, b B. I'll be Madison, I'll take Mannicotta. Minneapolis would have been the correct answer. You're wrong. You didn't give us the choice, and I did Minneapolis. I would have been Ben.
Speaker 6: The Trump family announced a new business this week, which included a gold toned what that it plans to start selling in August, condom, a Action figure, B energy drink, C podcast, microphone, D smartphone, or E s UV condom.
Speaker 1: Though, is a good idea? What are they again? Give me the options action figure, energy drink, podcast, microphone, smartphone, or an SUV.
Speaker 5: A gold toned what.
Speaker 1: God, that's all sound ridiculous smartphone? That is correct.
Speaker 6: Ben brings his world news knowledge to make it one World news. Skin Craft Hines said it remove all chemical dyes from its products in the next few years. But which of the die containing items is not produced by Kraft or Hines, kool Aid, Gatorade, Jello Crystal Light or Velveta.
Speaker 1: Uh you said those really fast? I think it gets Gatorade? Correct? He got it right.
Speaker 6: Hey, we have time for one more world news Christina. Which hockey team won its second straight Stanley Cup last week?
Speaker 1: Florida Panthers.
Speaker 5: That is correct, Christina? Right there, go hockey gal And.
Speaker 1: Uh we still that. You guys got five out of the seven questions correct? All right in your face, World news geniuses. Yep, that's why we're the world news geniuses. All right, there you have. There's the World News Quiz coming up in just a matter of three minutes or more of the Today Game, followed by what's going on in Dallas? What's your biggest complaint about your city? All that's coming your way on the Bit and Skin Show. He Bit's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. Preston and Plano Parkway and we can speak firsthand about how good it is because we just had it for lunch. Yeah, incredible. We had a meeting today up at the station and it was a big corporate meeting, all hands on deck. We got to hang out with some of our friends at some of the other radio stations up here. Always great to hang out with. Billy the Kid oh Man, that dude's money handed to Harrow. Yeah Mix Pooh was a no show. He said he doesn't care about anything corporate. Once he just stood out there waiting for pizza and then he got some and then ran around the corner. But it was really cool. It was just some of the some of the members of all the different shows up here in the iHeart Family and so they were like, all right, when we have this meeting, we need to bring some food in. Well, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen stepped up and so all of us have eaten the Little Andrews today. Dude, I went about a week or so ago with Wifey and got to cal Zone. I hadn't had it in a while. Oh my god, I think it's the best col Zone I've ever had. It's so good love Andrews and as we know Ben, they also have a kick ass bar which is pretty great. Yeah, it's a great pasta bar, salads and food's so good. A lot of craft beer there. And Christina, we know you're a big pizza fan. What do you think of Andrews today? Oh?
Speaker 7: I had the what was it like, triple pepperonilla called uh yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was so damn good, so good. I gotta get out there more often.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Readers of the Dallas More News said it's the best pizzeri in DFW. Go, by the way, you can vote right now. Okay, go vote for it right now so they can go back to back. But it is in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. All right, we got a weekday update coming up. We got food News. We got the big finish Top one hundred movies of the twenty first century. We're still working through that list, but right now it's time for this. What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 7: I like it?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: So there was a survey that was delivered to two thousand residents of the city of Dallas, and it's a asking a bunch of questions about your experience, where you live, things like that. But in this there's also a part at the end, and it's a big one hundred and eighty two page document, but at the end of it they kind of showed you could have ride in some complaints. And I found on page one seventy of this one hundred and eighty two page thing like official city document the right end complaints from people from the city of Dallas. And I also went on at ninety seven to one the Eagle on Instagram and TikTok asking people. Got a couple of responses from there as well, so feel free to add on to that. The weather was the main one though, the weather and the traffic, those are the top two. But I pulled the best ones from this Dallas Morning News thing that ended up being an official city document.
Speaker 1: Hold, can I tell you something? Why would you complain about the weather if you're complaining about something about your city, like I, Hey, you know, Chuck, what do you not like about the city you live in?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I swear if this mayor didn't get this weather thing worked out, I'm moving out. Come on, Dilkas, goot it together. Yeah, it's like, when you're complaining about your city, you should be complaining about I don't know, the school districts, or the potholes or whatever.
Speaker 5: The weather.
Speaker 6: Come on, Jesse Holila's nipping at Pete's Hills. I think this is possible. It's a second when we'll run this back on Thursday too, because there's quite a bit here. Okay, this person says, quote, I had my first ambulance ride recently, and they were so rough. I can't imagine that someone with a heart attack or traumatic injury could survive. There are lots of areas with the broken, damaged or not pavement.
Speaker 1: Very true. Yeah, you see it every day. That's the thing to complain about with your city is heymen, there's potholes everywhere in the streets, little jacked up building, expensive and not affordable apartment and too many people moving here and the infrastructure is not in place to handle it.
Speaker 6: Traffic is terrible at all hours of the night because of this dude seventy five.
Speaker 7: There is always traffic on seventy five, no matter what day time and day.
Speaker 1: It's insane. It is. We went to uh Assume last night, which is downtown, and we went down to seventy five, and it was you know, we went after seven o'clock. We had like eight o'clock dinner reservations, and we were zipping down to seventy five. My wife goes, this is the fastest we've ever gone on seventy five. I can't remember the last time, any time of day I was on it and there wasn't traffic. Yeah. I feel like most of these complaints are going to be irrational? Is that fair? All over the map? I would say? Next? Can I see people online complaining about restaurants? Oh about the prices? Yeah, I can't believe these prices. This restaurant is trying to charge too much. You're like, you think they're just just just choosing to do that, Like that, you don't think their costs went up.
Speaker 5: This restaurant doesn't control inflation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that that in general complaining is just kind of out of control. But I do I do get the people that are kind of weirded out about how fast this population is growing and whether you can handle it. I mean, like we've talked about this, Austin was ill prepared to handle their population boom. But how can how can you? You would you would have to say, all right, from day one, we know this is going to be one of the largest cities in America. Like you know what I mean, Like our main road that's two lanes, We're going to make that eight lanes each way. Like right, you would have to it would be way weird for so long because you would have built it to be too big.
Speaker 6: I would say, you guys are probably saying some things there. You're gonna come across your daily gun fire. It's not good, you know, But why is the city stuff that? It's Texas? I thought we're supposed to have guns all the time.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's one.
Speaker 6: Dallas used to be a more conservative place to live, and now it's moving more and more towards radicalism.
Speaker 5: Like Austin and Houston. This city sucks, man.
Speaker 6: I'm a Texan raised in Houston who has also lived in Austin, Nashville, and LA and Dallas is by far the worst city have lived in. There's no sense of community because you can't build a community. The rail system is abysmal, so you're forced to drive everywhere. Because everyone is forced to drive everywhere, traffic is terrible, So you just keep building more lanes as if that will fix the problem. This is what people want. Car culture is the absolute worst, and Dallas would be so much better if we would abandon it and improve mass public transit.
Speaker 5: That's a common I do wish.
Speaker 7: We had, Like if you go to Chicago or someone who actually depends on that, it's so awesome.
Speaker 1: It's so badass. Yeah, we're just so much super spread out. Yeah, so much more.
Speaker 6: But I really want to get to this story in next and the weekday update. Is this the greatest graduation president.
Speaker 1: Of all time? I'm next? Really all right? He's coming up next. And in skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, we will be at the MAVs draft party tomorrow at the American Airlines Airline Center. We're doing the ben In skin Show from three to six. It's brought to you by k Post Company, DFW's trusted name and Roofing, Waterproofing and Solar Solutions. So we're doing our show from three to six and then there's a big Maps draft party. It's going to be aired on Maps TV on cafaa A, but also here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. We're going to be simulcasting it from six to nine tomorrow, so join me, Mark Followell, Teddy Emrick, and a host of special guests including Mark Guire and Paige Becker's two number one picks.
Speaker 5: God, I love this so much. Fun times.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks have the number one pick, so they are going to be having a draft party and we will be in the middle of all of it. Don't miss a second of the action tomorrow right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 6: Normally I like to be local here, but a couple in Taiwan have sparked a little bit of a controversy when they hired two pole dancers to perform outside of their son's junior high graduation.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on a second. This was in Taiwan. Yeah. I don't know a lot about Taiwanese culture, but his junior high graduation a thing.
Speaker 6: I mean probably at some schools. Honestly, I really don't know. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean they do.
Speaker 6: It feels like they do first and second and third grade graduation now, don't they I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm with skin. I don't really hear that much about middle school graduation and stuff like that, but.
Speaker 6: But hey, I feel like it happened a lot like when I used to work with Julie though have to go to some type of graduation for like any grade.
Speaker 5: It felt like sure the younger they are though, because yeah.
Speaker 1: Mom's stuff, you gotta go. You know, there's a difference in leaving elementary school and leaving middle school.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, could we could celebrate anything that we want in culture, And I do appreciate that. If they make it through junior high, that's probably a good thing. I'm well worried about the future and how far they're really going to get.
Speaker 1: I just know that, I just know that last thing you said will definitely be something you said to someone looking in their eyes into a show one day. Reading comprehension is at an old.
Speaker 6: Time low, and uh, you know, we're just getting dumber.
Speaker 1: So I think, if you make it through junior high, good job. Kids.
Speaker 6: So they have this well graduation ceremony, so they exit the building and go outside, and how they look the students I'm guessing not good.
Speaker 1: Oh. Students and parents are gathered to watch the performance of two female dancers. One young boy, who was invited to stand between the performers, appeared visibly embarrassed during the minutes long show.
Speaker 6: They are on top of a jeep and there's a poll to Juxta pictures. Yes, of course, Taiwan goes hard. The dancers later climbed into the room roofs of two SUVs. Separate poles were installed and they continued their performance in there. The boys mom told the media the pole dancer the pole dance was sponsored by a friend and the reason they wanted to do that was to give a gift. You know that it would be memorable. Yeah, never forget that. And they're not nude. I'm seeing it now they close on. Yeah, it's tasteful, tasteful pole dancing. Yeah, you imagine that classy pole dance for you your high school graduation whatever.
Speaker 1: I was sitting there thinking the best part would be watching them climb up on top of the roof of the car. Yep, Yeah that's what you meant. Yep.
Speaker 7: They're almost too dressed. Okay, I like this junior high. So during Go Go Boots, I'm going to disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Short shorts. There's quite a bit of thigh happening. I mean they're wearing two shirts, shorts, and knee high sock boots. I find this to be quite appropriate. I mean they're better dressed that are wearing more clothes than like a cheerleader.
Speaker 6: Now here's something I don't appreciate about Taiwanese culture and media, as they just let the boy talk to the media. He said that he was stud and speechless upon seeing the pole dancing. But however, quote however, considering my parents' intentions, I chose not to object as he had to sit there and take it and just be assaulted, sexually assaulted by these two pole dancers.
Speaker 5: How old was this guy?
Speaker 6: I mean, he's graduating junior high, so I would like to think thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, I was fifteen when I left junior high. Yeah, our school district was seven eight nine, seven eight nine. I think most of them are nine through twelve or high school. What a scene, though, But yeah, I mean, couldn't the parents have just done that for him at the house. Why'd they have to do it in front of his classmates? I just surprise him, make him feel good, make me feel good. That's a I think this is a good news story. I mean, we have a lot of sad stories. I think this one's good. It's full of hope and promise. The features bright. Yeah, you know what in Some of these gals need some extra money. That is true. You get their dental school. Yeah, they're doing. That's my slogan. Some of these gals need some extra money. That's why you go to rescue chicks at strip clubs. That's right, it's my new charity. Adopta Homer. I got two girls in a cage and they're looking real sad is Sarah McLachlan is singing that song missing an eyeball.
Speaker 5: Adoptor Hoe's wrong with you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Come on? Christina sucks? All right? Coming up next in Food News, what's America's favorite fast food chain.
Speaker 5: We'll discuss next.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, take your pennies out my pennis. Yep, I'm gonna There's something called the Food five hundred Awards. It sounds like a race, sounds like a NASCAR race. Is the Food five hundred? But the Food five hundred they release their thing every year and they have awards for food. Okay, so here are your categories, and I want you to fill in the blanks. America's most craved fast food, America's best burger chain, America's best chicken chain, America's best restaurant experience. I think casual dine in on that one, America's value leader, fun nothing, America's best coffee chain, the thought on there?
Speaker 1: Two? All right? Okay, so we each write down what we think it is. Yes, okay, carry the four.
Speaker 6: America's overall favorite chain too. There's more, Okay, one more.
Speaker 1: What was the first one? Again?
Speaker 5: Most craved?
Speaker 6: Craved?
Speaker 5: Which is weird?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: All right, America's overall favorite chain according to the Food five hundred awards.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll start with that one.
Speaker 5: What are our guesses for what? Which one overall?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think it's McDonald's, Ben, I have McDonald as well. Good job, Ben, Christina, I would say Chick fil A. Give her a point.
Speaker 7: Christina favorite their clothes on Sundays, so that kind of makes you want them more.
Speaker 5: That's why I had them as most craved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I HadAM is most craved. Also, Oh that's what I thought.
Speaker 5: Let's go to America.
Speaker 1: Overall let's go to America's most craved. That's what I had.
Speaker 6: Hit it out, crash crazes, a little in and out, make a little hungry. They want to go, get in, they want to get out. America's best burger chain I.
Speaker 1: Had in and out there. I put Wendy's Craft Burgers and this you said it out, shake Shack, Let's go. It's the dub. You said they had good chicken nuggets, right man, been in years, but they used to.
Speaker 6: I just know that when we did the super Bowl in Minneapolis and we were in the Mall of America, that it's battle they had right by the food court was that shake Shack. And it was really worth going to you. Three times a day, I have a burger and I was like, let's mix it up. And I get nugs one day and I was impressed. I don't even a chicken nugget guy. America's best chicken chain, Chick fil A, Popeyes.
Speaker 1: Bobus.
Speaker 6: Canesse Canes Love Cats America's best restaurant experience, Chili's.
Speaker 1: Hard to argue with that. That's pretty good. I was thinking. I was thinking more fast foodish dine in, fast quality dine in. Whatever I was thinking Chipotle, h Igle Chili's too, Texas Roadhouse. Okay, because those rolls, the rolls.
Speaker 5: Give somebody a roll in, theyre think you're they'll think you're amazing.
Speaker 6: America's value leader, Tago Bell, Iago Bell Little Caesars.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that cheap?
Speaker 6: They're so cheap Pizza Beezza And I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: I think they're too greasy. Now when's the lost have you been decades? Yeah, the eighties, they're good. They had a big grease reduction in the last fifteen years.
Speaker 7: And those bread sticks are bread sticks dope. Are still yes, still incredible.
Speaker 6: They also offered out a People's Choice Award and don't too a place. I'm wondering if you fellas in gal have been Portillos.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it's good. We got one in Allen, So we've gone reasonably frequently for going to that sort of thing. You like Italian beef. It's a Chicago beef sandwich. That's their thing, and you get that. Yeah, but they have all kinds of stuff on the menu. Hot Dogs is what they were known. They got great hot dogs. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't eat I don't eat the hot dogs.
Speaker 1: But you know what you're talking about the beef sandwich, the Chicago beef sandwich. They got that burger's good too.
Speaker 6: I don't know that I like too much beef, Like the roast beef sandwich at Armies are not like in on that.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I don't like that all the beef. So you'd be out on the Fleetwood mat guy definitely be out on that.
Speaker 5: I thought about this, who I thought about this earlier.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you, guys, would you rather go to a nice Japanese restaurant or would you rather go to a steakhouse? And I was like, I know, k T will say a nice Japanese because you don't like steakhouses.
Speaker 5: Are out on beef.
Speaker 1: I can find. I just don't love steak. Yeah, you're out on beef. You just made that proclamation on the air. Steak is over hyped. Yeah, it's overhead.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: If you're getting the primo stuff, yeah you know, and you're getting it made to perfection, then that's a little different. But just steak for steak's sake. There's a reason stick that is not that expensive compared to other meats. When you go to a butcher shop, what you guys, don't ever go to see the Butcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude, local yokl hell yeah legit. Thank you Kevin for all you're doing for the community. Is brought to you by roller Town Beer Works, and that is the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina, Texas, and we got so many good things going on. We're gonna be telling you about our big fourth of July fifth year anniversary celebration that's coming up not this weekend but next weekend, right July fourth. But keep in mind that you can get us all over town. We're at all kinds of places. Big German is probably our beer that's on tap at most places, places like the truck Yard, places like Fortunate Sun and Good Friend Man. I was really excited to learn Ben that the big German is now at Echo Lounge, really great venue down there, and I'm doing like a little DJ gig Friday night. And now that they have Rollertown big German, I'm gonna have my beer to drink right there at Echo Lounge. If you're ever go into a show there, make sure to order the big German. Hell yes, and man. Thank you to every restaurant bar that carries us. Benny Keith is our distributor. You can reach out to them and you could carry any of our Rollertown beers. A lot of people like that homage that shout out to Dirk out the big german minimal hops in a smooth finish. Indeed. But if you see us in the store, put us in your cart. If you see us on tap, put us in your glass. Indeed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this I kill this thing's big, all right.
Speaker 6: So the New York Times put out the one hundred greatest Movies of the twenty first century. So going back to January first of the year two thousand, voted up on by actors, director people in Hollywood. They took five hundred ballots, and then they're showing everyone's ballot too, which is pretty cool that you can click on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 6: So yesterday we did one hundred through eighty one. Super Bad was number one hundred. They did have Anchorman ranked higher than super Bad. But there were some others in there that we kind of had never heard of as well, And that's probably how it's gonna go here. Let's see number eighty takes us to the year two thousand and six, where I graduated high school.
Speaker 5: Penelope cruises in a movie called The Volvail.
Speaker 1: Yes return, Yep, it's good good, Yeah. I believe that's Pedro Alan Moldevar. It is yeah correct.
Speaker 6: Number seventy nine is a twenty eleven movie by Terrence Malick called.
Speaker 5: The Tree of Life.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But has signor Sean Penn in it, Yeah, and Brad Pitt. Terrence Malick is a legendary filmmaker that made like three movies and then didn't make movies again for twenty five years, And the first one he made when he came back was Godly Frickin'. It was a war movie that had everybody in it, like all these actors lined up to be in it and they were a thin red line. Do you remember that? And it was not made for Academy Wards all the stuff. And then the next movie he made was Tree of Life, and it had Brad Pitt and I had. He's just like he makes these long movies with a lot of like minimal dialogue and they're really beautifully shot, and people that work in Hollywood just line up to be in anything he's associated with.
Speaker 6: I have great fear that this list is gonna go down a bad path. Oh number seventy eight A movie called After Sun from twenty twenty two. Watching this quietly devastating feature debut from Charlotte Welson. That's on need to Know, a devastating movie. I'm out seventy seven. I did love it this one though, twenty twenty two. Everything everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still haven't seen it. Dog get to it. I know it's on all the time too. You ever see it any I've seen parts of it. It just hadn't really fully grabbed me. I hear everyone raves about it, but I just never grabbed me. They didn't have short round in it from Indiana.
Speaker 6: There's definitely gonna be some butt plugs in the movie and hot dog fingers. But if you can make it through that pretty great. It's a wild movie. You kind of don't know what's happening. It feels like you're I assume on acid. Remember seventy six The Cohen Brothers.
Speaker 1: No Country for Old Men?
Speaker 6: Nope, down You're two thousand old brother?
Speaker 5: Where art thou?
Speaker 1: Oh? I haven't seen that in a long time, but I love it. Yeah, I have seen a long time either, but it was pretty good.
Speaker 6: George Clooney at the height of his powers, he was great in that. I'm seventy five. A Moore twenty twelve. Michael Hanky, Okay, that's not what I thought it was. What did you think it was? I thought it was something else. That Chocolate for Water movie or whatever that's called. Well Am Defoe number seventy four, The Florida Project twenty seventeen movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, that's it's about a family living in a hotel. Right, yeah, yeah, I for kind of crazy. I forgot the name of the filmmaker. Does it say it there? Yeah, Sean Baker.
Speaker 6: There's a guy that I want to ca into you with Colora.
Speaker 1: It sounds okay. Brad Bird did.
Speaker 6: A movie in two thousand and seven called Rat a tuleytu number seventy three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rat's never seen it. That's good. It's a star movie picture. It's about it like a chef rat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's controlling the kids, chef. Yeah, this old country Rat seventy Carol Todd Haynes twenty fifteen. This is Kate Blanchette, Rooney Mara, others.
Speaker 1: I don't know Man seventy one Ocean's eleven. There we go, never saw it. It's good. I think all those are on Netflix now. Oh, he's got Rattens. Movies are popping up. Yeah, how many are there? There's a lot.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure if Ida has watched all of them but doesn't remember the foe.
Speaker 1: The first one is really entertaining. I'm sure the others kind of run together, and I don't know which one is which, but I specifically remember a lot about the first one. Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, others. There's a great scene where Don Cheedle is blowing up a building and it's in a window behind him, and he's watching it blow up like on a screen instead of looking out the window. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Number seventy. This is two thousand and eight. Let the Right One in. Thomas Alfredson is your director.
Speaker 1: No idea. Let the right one in.
Speaker 6: It's about a guy in his offbeat neighbor who might be a vampire.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Number sixty nine, twenty fourteen. Under the Skin. Jonathan Glazier is your director. This is Scarlett Johansson, who plays the role of an alien.
Speaker 1: You know I've seen this, Yeah, I've seen this. This is a very very bizarre movie, like super weird. She is an alien who jumps in that body, which is phenomenal, and it's just out in the world doing weird stuff. Nice maybe like weird stuff kinky, Like she goes back like she's some guy like takes her back to his house. He's like thinking, oh god, she's barely communicating and then I think she like eats him or something like home. There's some weird stuff that happens in that number sixty eight The hurt Locker. That's a good movie. It is very a good movie. True at guy that you know bomb experts, you know over there overseas, who over there or there disarmed bombs. It was I believe James Cameron's ex wife one Best director for that, right.
Speaker 6: Catherine Bigelow, Yes, male female gigglow yep. Jeremy Renner, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven.
Speaker 5: I remember this.
Speaker 6: Tar Is the movie twenty two. I only remember because it was nominated for Best Picture.
Speaker 1: Number sixty seconds.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: The sequel of that was Tartar, and it was about a delicious tuna dish. If I do it, there's at least a visual reaction. I'm usually I just let it go, let it quicker to the we're going to choose. Sorry. I think people enjoyed that, and I think it'll be celebrated more later in life. Sixty people will circle back around to it.
Speaker 6: Elmer's brother of Mike McCarthy, Tom McCarthy, directed a movie twenty fifteen called Spotlight. This is the newspaper people. I never saw it, but they're uh covering up the uh child. Yeah yeah, yeah, candle.
Speaker 1: But it's a movie about journalism. And yeah, it got a lot of Academy Award, acclaim, it got nominated and all that stuff. Sixty five, Oppenheimer, I've seen it.
Speaker 6: Sixty five. Yeah, I really enjoyed up that I did too. Actually, yeah, I never really got bored during it.
Speaker 5: It's long.
Speaker 1: I got bored it, but it was still good. It was good and boring.
Speaker 6: The fact that the score keeps it going the whole time though, kind of feels like you're going and helps sixty four gone.
Speaker 1: Girl, never saw it, David Fincher, Great.
Speaker 7: It was based on a book that they thought that he had killed his wife when she actually just escapes for fun whatever and then she shows back up and it's great.
Speaker 1: Is that the one with Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck. Yeah, Neil Patrick Harris is a great small role. He's great in that. David Fincher does not miss either.
Speaker 6: A Rosamund Pike is their name? Very good, Little Miss Sunshine. Number sixty three fun movie. I haven't seen it forever, but it's fun. Oh six, number sixty two a movie I've never seen. Two thousand and one. Christopher Nolan Momento.
Speaker 1: It is badass. That's like the movie that broke him. Have you seen it, Christina? Is that where he has tattoos on it? Yeah, because he has short term memory. Yes, that movie is oh god, Oh yeah, the ending is insane. You'll you'll love it, Katie. Guy Pierce, Yeah, he's trying to solve the murder of his wife, but he has a memory issue, and so when he has a clue, he has to tattoo it on himself so he can constantly remember it because he'll forget it otherwise.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's kind of like fifty First States. Then Guy Pierce is so good in The Brutalist and he's so good. Oh my god, you kind and then he does something bad and you're like, oh god, but it's such a good Farm sixty one, he'll bill of All you want two thousand and three pretty good.
Speaker 1: I never saw it. I never saw it either, So now I'm sitting here starting to think, you know, you'll mention a movie, and it's like, oh wait, I know that filmmaker. So now I'm starting to get a picture of what might be in the top twenty, because Django will probably be the highest rated Tarantino movie on this list.
Speaker 5: I bet, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was also thinking Magnolia came out in two thousand and then you said, Cohen Brothers, I bet no Country for Old Men Old Men is in the top twenty. Well, there will be blood. I'm down there, pt Anderson. I hadn't got to that yet.
Speaker 5: We can try it.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. We'll be doing our show at the American Airlines Center.
Speaker 6: But sixty through forty one gets unveiled tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Outstanding, so we'll see. Well, thank you KT. Tomorrow We're going to be at the American Airlines Center. It's a big day. It's our draft extravaganza, brought to you by a KPOS.
Speaker 5: So we look forward to that.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that KT looked all of America's movie critics dead in their eyes, and he said to him, you suck on my toe, and they obliged. Christina is going to stick around and play some tunes right here on the eagle. Here you going, well, so, I'm going to get some cheeks after this horse College point a great summer, that's your answer,