Speaker 1: It's time for the weather.
Speaker 2: Channel nine says we've got rain, rain and showers kind of on and off, maybe some storms as well. High eighty or night Lott sixty seven with clouds.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll get a cloudy day up until the afternoon evening hours when showers and storms will develop.
Speaker 1: Eighty for the high. Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: During the night time, we have a sixty five low and rain and some storms are expected.
Speaker 1: Saturday. They say maybe a little.
Speaker 2: Rain but just a possibility, but otherwise mostly cloudy with the highest seventy seven seventy three Now traffic.
Speaker 3: Times from the u SEL Trampic Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more at youseehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to run close to an extra twenty minute from above seventy four to a broken down semi in the left lane near Galbreth. Southbound seventy five break rights through Lachland Butterworth Roads blocked off above Loveland near Mainfille Road due to a tree down. Chuck Ingram on fifty five to EUROC The Talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, thirty one fifty five Karrosite talk station. I love Thursdays at this time because you get talked to. iHeartMedia, aviation, nextpert and all round great guy. Jay RATTLERFF. Welcome back, Jay, my friend. Pleasure to have you on as always.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's a highlight of my week. Brother. So yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday and we have a seemingly unlimited number of topics to go through today based upon the list you gave me.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, you know, do you know why I did that?
Speaker 1: Though? Okay, you didn't mon any curveballs.
Speaker 4: There you go, nineteen different topics. There's no way I'll get a car forgive me for underestimating your curveball ability, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, that's okay, have any.
Speaker 2: But you always hit him. You always hit him. I mean you know, I tell you a curveball, you hit it. Yeah, it's listen, it doesn't matter whether it's a slider or yeh. I real quick without having to go down that road. I saw Boeing's paying one point one billion to avoid prosecution for this.
Speaker 1: Crashes.
Speaker 4: No criminal charges. We're not gonna you know, we're not gonna say that we did anything criminally, We're not gonna blah blah go to court where it might be drag out and a lot of this stuff be rehashed. But you know you and I talked about that's exactly what was gonna take. Oh yeah, look look when President Trump was elected and I saw Boeing and all the airlines lining up to donate one million dollars to the Trump Inaugural fund, my thought, here we go again. Yeah, because they're gonna be allowed to pull this crap time and time and time again and once again, Yeah Boeing after admitting they did things, in my estimation criminal criminal.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: No, no, absolutely, I mean other than money. And the families are just like beside themselves thinking what does it take to get justice? Or that just deliberate over an extended.
Speaker 2: Period of time, that shitd resulted in a massive punitive damage award. Anyway, Why why would United Airlines want to delay a dational cockpit safety requiring? Do you think that they be all over that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the thought is right now, the safety and it's just not United, It's it's several airlines, but it was right now the safety protocols. If one of the crew members in the cockpit needs a laboratory. You've got the flight attendant who gets the beverage cart and they block access as best they can to the galley area into the cockpit as the door opens and shuts, And the thought has always been, we've got to have something that is more secure than just a male or.
Speaker 2: Female flight attendant beverage cards. It does so kind of half assed, but.
Speaker 4: Again it's it's the best we can do. So it was decided in now two thousand and nineteen, but then finalized in twenty twenty three that we would have a secondary cage door, if you will, that flight attendants could pull locked shut right there at the beginning of the galley. That would in essence prevent anybody from getting where near that hallway between the galley and the cockpit, where someone could exit the cockpit, go the laboratory and come back out without any worry at all of anyone being able to access the cockpit during a time when that door is open. The Airlines were given in twenty twenty three a two year deadline until August of twenty twenty five have this underway. Any surprise that they're nowhere near that August twenty twenty five deadline. So right now they're asking for two more years, and I suspect in two years, my friend, you and I are going to be talking about them requesting another extension. Because here's my thought. Airlines, if they can take a pickle off of a sandwich to save x amount of fuel per year, they're going to do it. Now they're being told to add a very heavy security cage to their aircraft when many of them may think this is Jay's speculation. Here, Wow, what we're doing works. Why do we have to add extra weight which costs us extra money blah blah blah to the airplane when what we have right now works. So that's why when a lot of these bozos talk about safety is are number one priority? I just want to throw up or throw something at the TV or whatever I'm watching, because I'm thinking, no, it's not. If it was guess what two years ago, this would have been a priority. It wasn't, not one bit. And the thought process is that eventually Airbus and Boeing will be at least offering on their package of options, the ability to buy an aircraft with one.
Speaker 1: Of these you know caged yeaher.
Speaker 4: Types, which is a secondary barrier to the cockpit door, which is already locked. And then you've got something else that, when needed can be put into place simply swing and locked and when not needed, swings right back.
Speaker 2: You know, at least you can say that it's the way cost issue period into story. They're not against security, they're just against mood in that direction because of the will.
Speaker 4: If you want it delayed, can you not say that you're not as security minded as we like? And again that's my speculation, that's my opinion. That may have nothing thing to do with it. But if airlines are consistent, and believe me they are, uh, you look at a lot of things that the FAA recommends, Hey, you should do this because the engine has had issues. Well no, all right, you're not being forced to, so they're not in you know, contray or any contradiction with an FAA mandate they were offered they said no, yeah, but believe me, safety still are number one priority. The engine blows up, they're like, oh, yeah, I guess, I guess we'll check.
Speaker 2: Bee or the door flies off. Eight thirty seven will continue. After these brief words.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff happening. Peace steals trade deals, tax steals and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And you got a lot of stuff to do, work stuff, family stuff.
Speaker 3: I got some health stuff, so will stuff at all into us updates.
Speaker 2: This is really serious stuff at the top added.
Speaker 1: Bottom of the hour, one big beautiful bill getting.
Speaker 2: The economy going again, Kara's stand off with China and.
Speaker 1: A severe weather threat.
Speaker 3: Paper conclude, check you and often for all this stuff.
Speaker 1: You need to know this stuff on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Channeline weather rain, rain, shower, storms fossible eighty for the high, thady over night sixty seven. Got some rain in the evening afternoon hours tomorrow, maybe some storms eighty.
Speaker 1: For the high.
Speaker 2: Rain likely over night Friday as well. Storms are expected in a hello of sixty five seventy seven high Saturday with mostly Faday's guys, it's seventy three right now.
Speaker 3: Traffic times from the U see up Tramphics Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Fine answers from leading brain health experts that you see health learn more at usee health dot com.
Speaker 1: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 3: Just a few break lights between buttermilk and Kyle's then very heavy above seventy four good for an extra twenty minutes into lock on thanks to a broken down a gap where that bocks the what lane Chuck Ingram and fifty five KRC the talk station?
Speaker 1: Ever been in a cockpit before? About KRCD talk station?
Speaker 2: And Jay Ravel has I ed me the aviation expert going through the topics. I'm going to jump ahead on your list because I'm wildly curious to know why the TSA is warning travelers against using airport charging stations.
Speaker 4: They're being hacked. Oh no, what's happened. What happens is a lot of times when we travel, most of us carry with us the devices we need to recharge our electronics. Sure, but sometimes you go to the airport, you'll have the central charging station with a lot of different outlets that's provided by the airport, and you go up and you know, just plug it in and go right. Well, apparently some individuals, through technology that I don't understand, have the ability to utilize these charging stations, and if somebody charges the device, there's a way that they can hack into that device while it's there, allowing them to gain access to everything that's on your device, which means passwords and financial and information in anything else that you might have happen to have that you use that device for. So the tsa thing being very careful as you do this, because several people have reported this taking place. It's a lot like the ATM. Sometimes people slap something on there that looks like where you would put the card, and when you do, it's not to access the ATM or whatever. It's for somebody to read the information, get your information, then use that to steal from you. And it's a similar type approach here where these charging stations are being used as a conduit for people to access some of our private information.
Speaker 2: A little advance into tech Friday's Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty.
Speaker 4: I'll leave that dar brother Dave to go deep in the weeds there. That's as far as I can go.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, how is it that airlines are charging solo travelers more than couples? I mean, don't aren't tickets purchased individually, whether you're going as a couple or an individual.
Speaker 4: They are, But you're giving airlines far too much credit. If there's a way that they can zing us, they're gonna do it. Because what happens is a lot of times when you have people that are traveling, let's say on a couple, they're traveling, they're cost conscious, and as such, what happens is they'll look for the cheapest fair and they're not as interested in schedule as much as they are in the cheapest fair. But individuals are traveling by themselves, many times it's for business, and they're secondary cost conscious, primary the schedule. So what has been found out is there have been occasions where we've had airlines that are charging for if you had a couple flying round trip on a specific route, it might be two hundred and sixty six dollars per person round trip. If you put in a search for one person traveling on the same dates, same flights, same airline, it's not two sixty six, it's four to twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And the thought is, wait a minute, time out here. We're all on the same airplane, we're flying at the same time, and checking what airlines are doing is saying, you know, that business traveler has to be there, so let's, you know, add a little premium to that man or woman's fair. So it's it's something that you know, forgive me for saying this, but it's true. It would never have happened under the Biden administration. This kind of crap where airlines are blatantly doing things, is that the Bide administration would have done something about it. It just you know, And I told you, I said, the Bide deministration drove me crazy. There was nothing I liked about it other than they held airlines accountable. And the Trump administration, which I'm thrilled he's our president. The airlines are going to be given some latitude. So if I'm traveling by myself on an upcoming trip, I'll be checking the airlines website as well a third party website, and I will be checking for two people flying from here to Vegas or wherever I need to go to on business. And then I'm going to change that search from two people to one, and I'm going to make sure it's the same fair There you go. American Airlines, American Airlines, United in others have been caught excessively charging passengers and they're gonna say whatever, craft they're gonna say as far as well, it's based on demand, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's based.
Speaker 4: On them trying to squeeze every penny out of us as they can't. And when you catch somebody doing that, if through your airline of choice, maybe find another airline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Appreciate the pro tip there to day it's eight forty five. Will continue. Won't get through the whole list today, though, We've got some good stuff to go over. One more segment with day Ratliffe a series of events.
Speaker 1: The most important event make four eventful days.
Speaker 4: In President's trip to the Middle East making.
Speaker 1: Peace deals and trade deals. Tatari funded air Force one. It's a great gesture.
Speaker 3: Cutting pharmaceutical drug prices in these eventful times.
Speaker 1: More time to pass this big beautiful bill.
Speaker 4: Buy with time for this in any event important events, press it into the event.
Speaker 1: Check you in everything that's happening in real top fifty five krs the talk station. Final look at the weather.
Speaker 2: Rain, showers and some storms are possible and kind of been waves eighty for the high overnight loo sixty seven with clouds Tomorrow in the afternoon evening hours, strang showers and storms will develop.
Speaker 1: We'll see hiatt lead.
Speaker 2: Overnight rain is likely, maybe some storms sixty five for the low and mostly cloudy Saturday high at seventy seven, closing out at seventy two time for final traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Megans of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Fine answers from Leading Brain held the experts that you see help learn more and you see help dot com. North found seventy five slows a bit fuddermilk to kyos but very heavy above seventy four to a broken down semi in the left lane New York Cowboy. That's over a twenty minute delay. North found seventy one slows a bit at Red Bank shot ingram on fifty five KR see he talked station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty nine, I think.
Speaker 2: About Karsite talks Station one more with IR media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe Jay Dave had from Interest. I t you was listening. You know what that concept is called juice jacking. Juice jacking, juice jacking. So when somebody's still going to steal that, I know, no, don't like it. My word, it's a thing. I mean, if if Dave says it, it's a thing, I don't think he's pulling that the whole cloth.
Speaker 4: So he's gonna steal his words juice jacking. Yeah, I can guarantee you I will get it wrong and say something totally stupid.
Speaker 1: It's close to that, but well we'll see. But thank you, Dave.
Speaker 2: You get a phrasing button from Joe on that as well. All right, Uh, just because it's a funny story, and even though I will be sixty in September, it still sounds like something I'd like to do.
Speaker 1: The two year old at Newark Airport.
Speaker 4: To the music mission impossible music, I guess. Yeah. Mom and dad are checking in at the Jet Blue ticket counter and this little two year old is doing what two year olds do, just you know, everywhere. Next thing, you know, he kind of gets away from mom and dad, who apparently their attention was elsewhere, and he goes over the little step over behind the ticket counter. The Jet Blue agentsy, I guess they don't seem he remains invisible, and he gets on the baggage belt.
Speaker 1: And down he goes.
Speaker 4: He's down and turning the corner before he disappears before anybody really spots him, and by that time it's too late. Now, this isn't a toboggan kind of ride, because what happens is those bags have security codes on him or codes that the labels that as it's going through there, they have these large arms that are calibrated for bags that could be forty to fifty pounds, that move those bags with some force to other belts that are going in other places so that the bags can be directed where they need to be. Now, seriously, if a toddler was down there, one of these calibrated arms where to active, they prematurely and strike the child, it would kill him.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, it's oh so it's just not as it's not as comedic as I was thinking it would be because we know the kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, but because we've had some we a lot of times. You'll see him put the really really small bags in a in a toboggan yeah thing. And the because the reason for that is when the arms hit, we want the carrier to take the force of it because if not, you're gonna have damage. Bag claims go lore as those bags go flying off the wall. But what happens is there's a video that's gone viral of a TSA room. They're screening bags, several agents. It's black and white, and here comes the belt down from the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Bag bag two.
Speaker 4: Year old toddler, bag bag bag, and then everybody scrambled to go grab him, and uh, fortunately he was okay, reunited with the careless.
Speaker 1: Careless parents.
Speaker 4: Well, look, every one of us have momentarily lost track of our kids. You just don't want it to be a point where they can be in that kind of danger. And believe me, could have ended that way. But if you if you want to a chuckle and I hate to use that word, you can go to YouTube and there's several examples of kids that just went for a ride. One poor lady who thought that the bag behind the counter was the moving sidewalk to her gate, and she stepped on it and wrote it around until the wall kind of knocked her down and she just beared on the other side of the wall. It was an elderly lady. Fortunately she was okay. But wow, yeah, those things happened.
Speaker 1: I guess they do. I understand.
Speaker 2: Atlanta Airport is changing the way they screened their crew members, the airline flight crews. What's this one about.
Speaker 4: It's called non crew members. It's a program that allows if you and our pilots in uniform active duty lighting sentences, well, we can actually go through a separate line at the airport for screening. I found that most of the time, most of them, we're not gonna be screened, okay, which be sure I died, We'll go right through. Occasionally the FA is going to pull one of us out for screening. It's called random screening. FAA loves random screening. I hate random screening. But anyways, because always say, if it's such a good idea, my friends at the FAA, let's do with passengers. And of course we'll love to do that. But in Atlanta brand they're finding all these pilots that have loaded firearms. Oh wow, whoops, excuse me. So they're saying, I guess this random stuff isn't working like we thought it should. So they are going to drop that go to a different crew members screening type program. It's probably still gonna have some random nature to it, but something that is going in essence require more screening for the crew members. And it needs to remember Atlanta was the place that also did not screen employees from the time they went from the parking lot to the ramp. It was random, and they found out that there was a gun smuggling ring by some Delta agents between Atlanta and New York, and they decided, hmm, maybe we should start screening every single It works. Only handful of airports in the country.
Speaker 1: Do it, and that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I've talked about it forever, and I've been talking about it for thirty years. You have airports that have collectively across the country probably a million people a month that touch airplanes that aren't screened. If we're talking about catering, if we're talking about the fuel, talking about the ground agents. Now they are randomly screened, and I always get mean emails from the FA anytime I say it, A're not screened, But I'm sorry, I don't look at random as an effective means of security. Ladly, one of these individuals could be coerced, bribed into putting something they think is non dangerous on an airplane, only to find out it very much is. Yeah, and those types of things. And again, we spend billions of dollars inside the security for airports, and we showed we should totally do that. But there's other measures we need to be taking, and Atlanta they're going to be making one of those changes.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right. As we do, we have to part company which I don't like, but we do. So let's end on hub delays.
Speaker 4: H That's quite fastest segment of the week for me. Detroit, Dallas and Charlotte. And I think Charlotte's going to be the absolute headache of the day. So if you're connecting on American through Charlotte, make sure they have a way to get a hold of you, get to the airport a little early because we're going to be seeing some plight delays through that home today.
Speaker 2: Really enjoy our time together, Jay. I look forward to next Thursday and doing it again. And as always, best of health and loved you and your better half. Take care of my friend.
Speaker 1: You too as well. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey forty five if you have Kecity Talk station, wonderful wine up.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Joe Strecker.
Speaker 2: Jack Windsor, editor in chief of the Ohio Press Network and kind of investigative reporter, hosts The Windsor Report. We talked about medicaid fraud, which is a great springboard of my conversation full hour with Jennifer Gross, Representative District forty five here in Ohio. We did talk medicaid. We did talk about the six hundred million dollars and other aspects of the budget, and we talked a lot about property tax so well worthy conversation with Jennifer's Pleasure heaven or in studio and answered quite a few questions plus Jay Rattler if you podcast all that fifty five care Thanks again, Jo Stricker for everything you do. I'll look forward tomorrow with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter who's out there, interest it dot COM's rEFInd Dave and learn a lot every Friday at six thirty Folks, I hope you have a wonderful day and Uncle wegg Lenbeck's next stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: That's so important.
Speaker 3: Another update coming up on fifty five KRC, the talkstation.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by a Tree