Speaker 1: Come on here, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, ride ry okay.
Speaker 1: Come on now, good morning everybody, Rob Ryan show check it in on this wild card Wednesday. What do we got planned for you today? I think we've got a pretty good little.
Speaker 3: Uh good looking little show here for you.
Speaker 1: Arthur, maybe nobody won more games than him last year on the freshut of bed Heads Ahead. He got stopped on day five three times? Is this the guy? Was that yesterday's guy?
Speaker 4: Now Arthur got stopped on day five three times.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. He's going for win number two today. He always wins. Two wins to win, tomorrow to win the day after that. She just won't win five. Texas Renfest is going on right now. We'll be back at it this weekend. I got a four pack of tickets courtesy my dear friends over at Joe Meyer's Toyota. We'll hook you up on the fun Fact flashback. The pumpkin spice price is right is back. One of my favorite things about the fall season is the hype man will comit and join us at around seven twenty this morning. And that's how you're gonna win your Jerry Cantrell tickets, Dashboard Confessional tickets at eight twenty. The Alternative Income opportunity to win one thousand dollars. Your chance at some cash comes at nine ten. Alter Ego Festival will give you a chance at around nine to twenty to get into that. And then we got we leave you with those pit tickets. Great Benjamin Stained in Daughtry tomorrow night, we got tickets at the pit. We'll hook you up. Yeah again, no rain, sunny skies, and it's just creeping getting a little warmer every day. High of eighty eight. Good morning Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hey, Good morning Rod and good morning homeroom.
Speaker 4: So, with the election day less than two weeks away, yesterday was pretty busy in the political world. You had Vice President Kamala Harris sitting down for an interview with NBC News.
Speaker 5: It was announced yesterday as well the.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump will will be recording an appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast on Friday, and then Democrat Telsea Gabbard was on stage to give a speech at a campaign rally in North Carolina. She ended by announcing that she was joining the Republican Party because of Drump's leadership, so that's what's.
Speaker 5: Going on there.
Speaker 4: And then record numbers have turned out for early voting here in Texas, so that's really.
Speaker 1: The lead story.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced yesterday that health officials are investigating an Ekali outbreak that second least forty nine people in ten states, including one.
Speaker 5: Older person in Colorado who has died.
Speaker 4: So it's it's an equal I outbreak at McDonald's and they are saying that initial findings indicate that this could be linked to their onions that they put in their quarter pounder, so they're taking off the quarter pounder in some of these states. Now Texas not one of the ten states, but it is a major corporation with then that's a major story.
Speaker 5: So I thought i'd mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on the food blog page too, so if you want to read more on.
Speaker 4: It, okay, And then let's talk about Halloween around one and for adults say they will be dressing up for Halloween this year, the top costumes were planning on wearing our fictional character, an animal, or a creature. Only twenty three percent are wearing a scary costume this year. Thirteen percent said I'm going to get in that sexy costume. So I don't know if you guys are going to play slut City, but it'd be maybe a little appropriate. Today there was almost a Brady Bunch reunion at CBS.
Speaker 1: But Susan Olsen. Do you know who Susan Olsen is?
Speaker 4: She's the one who played Cindy, Little Precious Cindy.
Speaker 1: Sure, she says.
Speaker 4: The whole Brady Bunch reunion was scuttled because of her politics. Now she's a libertarian, she's a Trump supporter, and the network objected a bunch of things.
Speaker 5: That she has said.
Speaker 4: So they they were going to do this revival featuring all six of the original kids, but she, as a Trump supporter, wanted her character to be that way on the show.
Speaker 1: She says, that's how family is.
Speaker 4: You know, everyone has like differing political opinions. CBS was kind of suss on it. They made her take this like course for political correctness. She did it, but in the end they just ended up scrapping everything. So FYI a little behind the scenes there. First, Olivia Rodrigo wiped down on stage. Now Billie Eilist took a tumble. Yeah, she was playing Madison Square Garden last week and she was going down some stairs and just ate it.
Speaker 5: She shook it off and went and went on with the show.
Speaker 4: But she reposted a fans video of the fall on her Instagram and then showed off a pretty gnarly bruise on her leg. That's all on the music blog page. There's a video and a picture or that has its own blog page. Yeah, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: It's a real slow music day. Ah, sports though, lots of sports going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rockets are going to open up the regular season tonight. They're gonna host the Hornets at the Toyota Center. Coming into this game there and a half point favorites tip of is at seven. You can hear that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. A reminder, Vegas has the Rockets wind totals set at forty three and a half.
Speaker 1: Tessa and I both way on the over bigtime this season. In college football, not too much.
Speaker 6: Sam Houston got by f IU ten to seven last night. The Bearcats are now Bowl eligible for the first time in school history.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, here we go. Four hours of Pain starts right now, Chili, he's standing by. As a matter of fact, he looks a little lonely in there. No one's no one's called. No one phone line is ringing right now. I got a picture from Johnny working on the docks yesterday. He did send us a picture of the first phone.
Speaker 5: Call he works on the dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a picture from him. It's on our stories. So like I was watching a Bruce Springsteen song. Yeah, either that or like right out of a bon Jovie song. That's too all right, Yeah, first phone call seven one three, two two five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Ninety four five The buzz Lits hit My own Worst Enemy. Good morning, brod Ryan's show Wildcard Wednesday. That's your Instagram feature today. I'm looking at uh the tattoesday suggestion. You know, these are all generated. Chili gets them up on the website. But like Carlos c seed me on this one. He's like, this is a great one for Tatuesday next week. These all come in from you guys. All right, you what do you want to see on the website? Boom, you send us the Instagram feature of the day and then Chili will get it up for you, so you just email me or Chili at the buzz dot Com Wildcard Wednesday. I'm sure it's a great one. I can tell you Next Tuesday is gonna be awesome if Chili decides to use this one again. No rain, there's just no rain at all. Uh sunny skuys today and it just keeps getting a little bit warmer each and every day. Today's high we'll be eighty eight. Okay, quick rundown again. What's on the show? Arthur going for win number two fresh out of bed, head to head. He's pretty good man. He can win four games better than anybody. Texas Renfest tickets Homeroom, you're getting those on the fun Fact Flashback Pumpkins spice. Price is right. We're gonna have the hype man in with us today in around seven twenty. I'm telling Alex he's got to stick around for this.
Speaker 7: Sure, call it in to me.
Speaker 1: We're giving away Jerry Jerry Cantrell tickets filters opening up that show February twenty six over at the House of Blues, Dashboard Confessional tickets at eight twenty Pit tickets to Breaking Benjamin Stained Daughtry on Know the Show today and now there are some poll lines ringing do do do?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 10: Up? It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Say hi to Mark Mark. Good morning, brother brother Mark. How are you this morning? I'll do it fantastic.
Speaker 11: Every day is the best day ever?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, is it that?
Speaker 1: I like that? Dude? What do you got for the first phone call? Besides that amazing thing you just dropped on us? That was great? So I don't know who I hate more, the Yankees or the Dodgers. Man, Well, I think that's I think that's probably a pretty common sentiment. I think I even saw Astro holding up a sign I hope they both lose or I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: Yeah, if you if you had to choose or better, if you had to bet, who would you bet on?
Speaker 1: Yankees? You would bet the Yankees to win?
Speaker 7: You bet the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: I would bet the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I grew up a Yank. I mean I grew up a Yankees fan, so I mean they were everything to me when I was a little kid.
Speaker 6: You know MLB Let's show Hey Tiny gamble on baseball and then just pretended that he didn't they're gonna let him win.
Speaker 1: More important, Mark, what do you do for a living?
Speaker 2: I'm at plumber.
Speaker 1: You're a plumber, because yesterday there yesterday's first phone call. If you go to the Rod Ryan Show Instagram, you go to our stories. First phone call was Johnny and he works on the docks. And I said, dude, send me a picture of you with like all those shipping containers behind you. Yeah, you sent me the coolest picture. It's on our Instagram story right now. Okay, So Mark, what kind of plumbing?
Speaker 13: I did a new construction plumbing like schools and hospitals and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna be turning a wrench today on some plumbing.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, put my butt crack out.
Speaker 1: You should send us a picture, dude. All right, it's kind of like a new thing, like the first phone caller has to send us a picture of them at work because they're up so early. I mean, I know you're up early for work. So if you want to, Mark, I think Johnny picked up a lot of fans yesterday being on our thing, you can. You can email me a pick rod at the buzz dot com. Absolutely, man, you betting on this or you just you hate the team. So much that you're gonna stay out of it financially. I just hate them both. Yeah, I understand, Dame. I think, hey, it's a strong word, but it's the right word. I think it's being used a lot right now with this series. Would you have okay, what if it was a subway series? What if the Mets one? Would it be better or worse for you?
Speaker 11: I'd rather have the met somewhere?
Speaker 1: Would you okay? I think major League Baseball wanted this matchup?
Speaker 14: They are so yeah, absolutely, two huge franchises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baseball fans, and that's where are better set up. It's good for ratings show. Hey, Tani is cheating, but a ambler addiction. People are talking about the greatest baseball player of all time when they talk about him right now. So all right, bro, great to have you on. Thank you for getting I started real quick. I don't normally take two phone calls, but I do have the time. And Chili told me that Adrian was starting a new job today. Adrian Darry was going on.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: Hey dude, I just saw Chili sent me a quick note. I wanted to say, well, congratulations, and we'd all love to hear about what you're doing this morning. You're starting at a new place.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I'm an Angleton native and so I'm over here in Spring or heading the Spring right now for ADT Bulldog Service learning how to install the home security and just going through the process to make sure that you guys are safe in h town and surrounding areas.
Speaker 5: That's like a real extensive like background check and stuff. Right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 15: It's they do.
Speaker 16: Of course, they do do a background track, but I mean it's not like CIA or anything.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, And what were you doing before this?
Speaker 15: Before that, I was doing a lot of I'm the CFO of a fragrance company and my close.
Speaker 1: Friend of it.
Speaker 16: It was his business and we shipped nationally and we were having really success. I'm still doing that on the side, but that's what I was mostly doing.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty wild. You know, who's got his own fragrance? Justin first and fell he smells so good. Justin gave him, gave her my sister a hugs, like, oh my god, that guy smells so good. I go, that's his that's his own fragrance. It's called Furstenfeld. And he gave me a little sampler pack of that, so oh wow, yeah, that's sick. What is the best? Okay, can I ask you something? If you is there your guy that might know about fragrances?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: What's what the hype with this Creed stuff? Why is it four hundred dollars a bottle?
Speaker 16: I mean it's with the oils.
Speaker 15: Is the process that they used to make it?
Speaker 1: Isn't that good? And yeah it's it's really good and it stays all day.
Speaker 15: But there's other.
Speaker 1: Things that you can buy out there.
Speaker 16: Okay, that smells great last all day and it's only like thirty forty bucks.
Speaker 1: And it's as do you guys know what I'm talking about When I say Creed, it's it's no I'm asking if the guy's in the studio. Now, it's because I because I clicked on Justin's stuff, then now I'm getting male fragrance stuff. And the Creed thing is the hottest thing out there for dudes. And people say that they absolutely melt like girls are saying they melt around this. Of course you know that is a lot of advertising glass, but it's just called Creed. It's got like an X on it, but it's like four hundred Yeah, insanely expensive. Yes, do you know what a knock what a good knockoff would be for that? What it's called.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to think of a good one, one of the good ones. I like, yeah, Oh, you can either do a there's a Tom four to clone called Fabulou Intents that's really good to last all day, but it stays there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, dude, Well listen, good luck on this new job, Adrian. Two first phone callers today, Very good. Let me take a short break, let me come back on a red check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the.
Speaker 17: Game The Buzz Rock and all tearing into very soon. Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show Wild Card Wednesday six twenty no rain, sunny skies, temperatures creeping up highs today of about eighty eight. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Bed Bath and Beyond is making a comeback at the container store. So when bed Bath and Beyond filed for bankruptcy last year and closed all of its brick and mortars, they began selling the products online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my email's never like lessened as far as like. I mean, I'm on a list for some bed Beth and Beyond. I get it all the time.
Speaker 4: So bed Bath and Beyond was acquired by Overstock, and now bed Beth Miond is opening up physical stores again as part of a collaboration between Overstock and the Containers stores.
Speaker 5: So no, no, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Like that container store here in the galleria too.
Speaker 5: Want my whole house to be like that office supplies. But we don't have an office anymore, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But I have this ambition of being like super organized. I love the idea of that store. I love all that stuff. It doesn't work for me. I'm just not then organized.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need to go.
Speaker 1: I love all that stuff though me.
Speaker 4: While on the other end of the spectrum, Denny's, the like diner restaurant Denny's, they say they are expecting to close one hundred and fifty locations by the end of next year.
Speaker 5: By the end of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: One hundred and fifty Denny's locations will be closed.
Speaker 1: A big story on the food blog page today. Yeah it really, it really is.
Speaker 4: A lot of the restaurants can be really old, but they say yeah, in an effort to turn around the brand's sales that are really doing bad. I mean they're flagging. So that's that's one of the trends I'm seeing. And then Happy National iPod Day. I saw you threw this up on the music blog page, but it is National iPod Day and Rod does have an iPod.
Speaker 1: Bag right now. I worked out with it yesterday. It doesn't leave help without it. It doesn't leave help without it. But I don't understand it's an ample product. Why don't you love him? So I don't don't.
Speaker 4: I don't dislike it. Okay, it's just I have my phone. Yeah, yeah, that's what's trending. On ninety four five of the.
Speaker 1: Bus got me through my workout Monday and Tuesday. It's in my bag right now.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: Good for you working out. I haven't worked out this week once once in your life. Oh hey, Arthur some much? Where is this guy? Good morning, everybody?
Speaker 12: This is Arthur, and I'm back in your life after a year's ask this. I'm your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. I'm the guy that last year died. I'm the guy that last year got beat on day five three times. So join me on Wednesday, when I make it win number two bitches seven.
Speaker 1: One, three, two and two five ninety four five. If you can take him on and beat him.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Christopher Cross Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years.
Speaker 17: Of the most beautiful man any of us have ever med.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that the Buzz Buzz. Reggie Benjamin Stained Daughtry. Tomorrow night Woodland's Pavilion. We've got to get in the pit and we're gonna give those two you know, the show today, those will be given away.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We'll start that whole process right at around nine fifty, you know, we'll ask the question and then you answer the question and you leave with probably the biggest ticket today on the show, Sonny eighty eight. Today, the hell's going on with Arthur? He was on the phone that he was off, and he's on. Let's grab him and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners, Arthur, are you squared away? Yes, sir? All right? What's going on with your phone? Are we hanging up on you? I have no idea, I have no again, Okay, all right, Jilie called you this morning. No problem, you didn't oversleep. You're ready to play. I'm ready, sir. Okay, I know that you like listen. I know you're gonna win today. You always win one, then day two, day three, day four, you win. You just can't win on they love. You just cannot win on day five. So it's not your thing, man.
Speaker 12: I like the annoyed test with the music a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, thank you, that's important. It's Christopher Cross classic. It's called Arthur's theme. You're taking on Lewis Good morning, Louis, good morning? Should I say Louis or Lewis? No, Lewis Lewis, dude, Welcome aboard. Are you a fresh fish?
Speaker 2: Fresh fish?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: It's like mine thirteenth time calling y'all.
Speaker 1: Thirteen was the lucky one for you. I liked I live on that side. Thirteen is a lucky number, bro. Welcome to the game. Good to be here. Alex has a little of this. Oh you're fresh, dude, Louis is very very fresh. Louis all you got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: Arthur guy's pretty good. Okay, he's really good at you two, Hey man, look all these times I've been listening on the way home, and I've been winning most of these games, so I'm ready to play them. Oh okay, yeah, we know how that ends for people that say they're really good in the car. Yeah all right, Louis fresh Fish, Arthur, greatest four day player ever?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What are they playing for? I have a road right shouchy shirt. Okay, I'm sure Arthur's got a few of those. Oh yeah, all right, Arthur and Louis, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Just gotta shout out your name, Lewis like you did in the car. Okay, and say it.
Speaker 17: Before I got you.
Speaker 1: I got you just like you do in the car. Okay. Question number one? What do the wheels on the bus do? Arthur? Arthur, you shut your mouth? Look be quiet. Know you didn't, Arthur. What was the answer. It's a correct answer. Okay.
Speaker 4: Do you know that delay everyone talks about, Lewis, tell me about it?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, Louis, you you did not say your name first. This is gonna be one of those ones when we part great friends on this game. I'm gonna ask you to go listen to the podcast, and then I'm going to ask you to get back to me, and you probably won't do that, but I'm going to ask you. Okay, okay, listen, listen, let's just talk about it tomorrow because you're gonna win right fast. Okay, You're gonna get this question right and then the next one, and then we'll talk about it afterwards when we do. When we do your victory speech, Lewis and Arthur, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, what fluffy thing is likely on your bed? To rest your head on, Arthur by a mile, Bill will it's a correct answer, kind of chance. So Lewis, when we part great friends, you got me.
Speaker 18: I had to answer in my head, but I couldn't get it out of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was your first time playing, though, and I get it. It's different when you're in the car. Bro I need you to listen to the podcast. You have to go and listen to that podcast when it goes up, and then I want you to email me all right, all right, I'm asking you to go and watch game film so to get ready to come back on and kick a little ass next time you're on. I think I'm again you have the right hand. You can't call, you have thirty days, you can't play tomorrow.
Speaker 16: All right, but I'll go on.
Speaker 1: But the game film, okay, the game tape. Go listen to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Especially the part where though, oh no, I was first, that's the part.
Speaker 1: I found it.
Speaker 4: I thought I was first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 1: We all know. Arthur. Great game today, Thank you, sir. Hang on, quick up, sleepy rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan right on his fun rock to the morning.
Speaker 1: It's this weep of a sensation that sweep in the nations. I'm gonna do it. You're right here riding now.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Why you were listening to the rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the buzz? They say feel good in that one too?
Speaker 5: They don't you sure? I'm sure?
Speaker 1: Are you sure? Really close?
Speaker 5: That's the other one, good good.
Speaker 1: They don't say it feels good in that one right after you says Clint Eastern that's Clint Eastwood. Ink, Bye, Gorillas, Good brning rod Ryan Show. If you were listening last week, I learned that that other Gorilla song, you know, the other one, because we played two. I did not know he was saying feels good. Now I can't unhear it now, I hear it plain as day that he's saying feels good. I've been playing that song for about twenty five years and I didn't know he was saying feels good. Okay, Okay, learning every day, Okay. I hope everybody comes away with a little something from each show. And that's what I came away with last week. Sunny Skies today high around eighty eight, and we got Arthur doing what he does, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Everybody's the greatest four day champion Arthur is. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head two day champions, So.
Speaker 1: You know I got at least two more wins in me.
Speaker 12: Join me on Thursday when I make it.
Speaker 1: When number three, it's just there. You have it all right. Yeah, he's a pretty good player. Two questions too, answers, all that good stuff. Uh, let's see renfests. Guys, got some tickets coming up for you. But first he's.
Speaker 6: Got a fuck.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart.
Speaker 19: You're funny, ere buddies, it's the fun that's the day.
Speaker 1: There's some fun facts for you. There's my buddy Alex over there Chris Daughtry now super famous lead singer Chris Day in town tomorrow opening up for Breaking Venjamin and Stained. My favorite Chris Daughtry is the one that listens to this show.
Speaker 7: That's also my favorite Christ.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite Christ hands down. And I like the guy that's playing tomorrow night. I think he's super talented, but not as good as this dude. Chris Daughtry always sends in great words for reading my lips. Sends me some fun facts from time to time. The New York Football Giants are the only football team never to have had cheerleaders. Three of the team, the Baltimore Colts, were the first team to have cheerleaders. Chris Daughtry. I love the extra fun facts. Currently eight teams do not have cheerleaders. Giants never have had that. They don't want to minimize women.
Speaker 5: It doesn't minimize them.
Speaker 1: Alexancers does give them jobs at okay traditional.
Speaker 5: They want traditional wive roles for the women.
Speaker 1: Geico came up with its Gecko mascot in nineteen nine. Pretty funny. Still yeah, I think the I think the Gecko still hits.
Speaker 7: They have the most mascots of any company.
Speaker 1: Act well, they have the most. They have the most different campaigns, like just different campaigns. It's crazy how many simultaneously running.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone else has like their guy, like they have blow Mayhem.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Jake Geico came up with this Geico mascot. In ninety nine there was a screen actors Guild strike and they couldn't use live actors, so they came up with.
Speaker 5: The get go that is, Gecko stole a job.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see how many voices they went through before they came up with the one they use. It's good. Finally, young rabbits, pandas and a bunch of other animals. It's says here instinctively eat their mom's poop because it contains bacteria. They need to properly digest vegetation.
Speaker 5: Oh see, pretty gross.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've talked about some wild things in the Tina community, but nothing this wild, like bearing on bilical cords, no pass around other titties, milk and stuff.
Speaker 4: Community breast milk yea yeah, yeah, health showers, baths, that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it were just sure. Sorry, we love each other.
Speaker 19: The fuck that to the day we make you look smart and everybody's it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: What'd you give it away?
Speaker 4: I have a four pack of tickets to the text. That's the Renaissance Festival. It's open now through December one on the weekends. This is all courtesy of Joe Meyer's Toyota. Remember, whoever wins also has to say huzzaf.
Speaker 1: Yoh yeah, you have to say hussa for sure. It's your fun. John Steinbeck was late turning in his manuscript for of Mice and Men. I could go look this up to nineteen thirty seven novella. So John Steinbeck, he was late turning in the manuscript for of Mice and Men because of this excuse. It must come from this. Maybe this is the genesis of that excuse. Uh why was he late turning it in? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 20: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash?
Speaker 1: All right? Maybe he overslept. Big Baldi's on the phone. Hey, how brother Ron, good morning? Sorry dude, I didn't send you that wake up call when you when you asked, my bad, how do you do? On Wall Street? Yesterday? It was a mixed day on Wall Street.
Speaker 18: The Dallas Down six points kickoff this morning of forty two thousand and nine twenty four, nastac up thirty three to eighteen thousand, five hundred and seventy three benchmark ten year Treasury trades at a four point two two percent, and Oil stands it seventy dollars forty cents a barrel to the most active the studs, Microsoft, Walmart and Amjen, the big duds Verizon three M and Intel. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on existing home sales for September right now, futures they are on the downside months maybe around.
Speaker 21: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here. This is Holan Many Director Wood and Raymond James reported.
Speaker 18: It for the Rod Run Show from Raymond James, m Saint Flux and the guest and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 10: Viman's expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, Dan Come Iver, NYC as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational serposes on Leek. Bestows of dots are based on movement, as reported by Young n y.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show on this Wild Card Wednesday. What's Robert doing up so early? Robert? Here, they're why are you up so early? I'm going I'm going to work. Figure that go figure, I know, right, another guy that just doesn't have a big pile of money there is that you just draw from all day, you know, to do this fun things. It's got to go to work like us.
Speaker 17: Hey you cartart wouldn't war, but it don't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. Let's see if we can get you in in Renfest. At least John Steinbeck was late turning into manuscript for A Mice and Men because of this excuse.
Speaker 6: Here's dog gator script.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tails of the time. He's in the thirties. I mean it's a it's a tale as old as the thirties. At least that was what he said to why he was late. Robert Wins. What do you give it him? Dude?
Speaker 4: You get the four pack of tickets to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
Speaker 5: But you gotta say huzza.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have to say.
Speaker 5: They're all yours.
Speaker 1: Dude, we hear that's a funny hazza like he got pinched in the ass hazza. All right, congrats on your first win ever, Robert. Great having you on.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 1: Here's Lincoln Park and lost ninety four five, ninety four to five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. That just got us three minutes closer. That's a three minute song. That just got us three minutes closer to the hype man. Finally, Yeah, he's back second week. Pumpkin Spice is right coming up at seven twenty this morning.
Speaker 7: I just got whoa, I just got an email that I do.
Speaker 1: Have another meeting after today.
Speaker 5: This is getting out of hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unacceptable to a production meeting. What time? What times your meeting?
Speaker 6: The meeting is at seven fifteen to seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a It sounds like it could be an email, so sure, a.
Speaker 6: Very quick meeting. They're efficient about their meetings. I don't know why that is the only time they can do them.
Speaker 1: I can't have you leaving. I cannot have you leaving not to go counterfeit boss is asking pumpkin spice price is right coming up. It'll be between seven fifteen and seven thirty. That's the game, will between that. That's like right when I'm going to be on sunny skies today highs crap is right around eighty eight. Worst they ever. Alright, we'll talk about it. Don't leave just yet. What are Houston's headlines? Please?
Speaker 4: All record numbers are turning out for early voting in Texas state wide.
Speaker 1: Over a million.
Speaker 4: Voters cast ballots on Monday, that was the first day, and that's about five percent of the eighteen point six million registered voters in the state. The large numbers are turning out in Democratic leaning areas.
Speaker 1: Like Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
Speaker 5: A record numbers showed up.
Speaker 4: In the Austin area on Monday, and in San Antonio some voters had to wait more than two hours in line. If you didn't know, early voting in Texas ends on November first. Rod said he's going Thursday, So if everyone.
Speaker 1: Could just refrain refrain.
Speaker 4: From Thursday voting that he doesn't want to wait, not even one minute in line. I go every day. Please tell me you just have all these stickers, these I voted stickers.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's illegal, Alex, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of illegal, let's talk about our city controller, the Houston City Controller, and our mayor. Because they've got beef, they've got bad blood. I should have put in bad Blood by Taylor Swift for this song, I mean, for this story. Because City Controller Chris Hollins wants Mayor John Whitmeyer stated the city event to be included in any investigation of fundraising practices. I don't know if you guys remember this story last week when the mayor expressed concern over thank you, over conflicts of interest regarding fundraising practices because Hollands was hosting.
Speaker 5: An investor conference.
Speaker 4: And then yesterday Hollands files a letter with the Houston City Council Ethics Committee and the Office of the Inspector General, and he's like, you know what, the fundraising model that's used for mine conference is the same one that Mayor Whitmeyer uses for his State of the City event. So if we're going to investigate, let's investigate everyone. So the petty and politics still exists, as you might imagine, that's one happening locally so I thought i'd let you guys know.
Speaker 1: This next story is horrified.
Speaker 5: This is wild, This is wild.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we've all done crazy things to rescue our phone.
Speaker 1: Mine has fallen in a toilet.
Speaker 4: Fallen in a toilet, and I've put my head in this toilet got it and it had pay in it. So very gross, I know, but I had to sanitize my hand on my phone.
Speaker 1: I couldn't just quite leave it.
Speaker 4: Maybe you've sorted through trash and a dumbster, maybe vaccidentally tossed it.
Speaker 5: No matter, you're done, go ahead.
Speaker 1: The phone wouldn't fit down. Why wouldn't you flush? The phone wouldn't go down.
Speaker 5: She's risky.
Speaker 1: I don't think it would fit well.
Speaker 4: She risky for me, and she would like flush more water into my phone, into the crevices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have flushed. Were good for you?
Speaker 8: I did it anyway.
Speaker 1: It was your whiz though. Yeah, okay, it's sterile.
Speaker 5: It likes her own brand.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: This lady, she's like twenty seven years old. She's from Australia and she was rock climbing earlier this month. She dropped her phone and it slipped into a crevasse between boulders like a little tiny crack, so she figured she might be able to squeeze herself through it to retrieve it. But apparently she didn't consider an escape plan because she got all the way inside of the crack to the point where you could only see her feet between the rocks, and she.
Speaker 5: Got stuck upside down. She still couldn't reach her phone to call for help.
Speaker 4: She couldn't move now. Thankfully she was not alone. Her friends were able to figure out where she was. But they roll up on her and chair all you could see is her feet.
Speaker 1: She's stuck.
Speaker 7: James Franklin herself right there.
Speaker 1: Drew's got there, blow me up. They had throw dynamite down there.
Speaker 4: They had to move all these boulders, one of these boulders, like, all the equipment to get her out and rescue her.
Speaker 7: No, that's a cool woman.
Speaker 1: Had a man to get her out of stop.
Speaker 4: Seven hours this rescue took. So she was stuck upside down in the rocks for seven hours.
Speaker 1: She was checked out at the hospital. She's okay. She only had a few cuts and bruises. But don't go. Don't worry, guys. Did she get her phone?
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 1: The phone's gone. She couldn't recover. The phone is done, crept upside down in rocks and you can't even post about it. Rod No, what kind of hell is She posted the bruises and the scrapes. So it seems like it happened.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump will sit with Joe Rogan for his podcast in Austin on Friday.
Speaker 5: The Joe Rogan.
Speaker 4: Experience has been one of the most popular podcasts, particularly among young men, who had been key targets of the Trump campaign.
Speaker 5: Now Trump is visiting.
Speaker 4: Texas the same day that Kamala Harris has a campaign rally planned in Austin. So Trump has done several recent interviews with other figures popular among men, like he's been on the Theo Vaughn podcast, He's been on Ben Smerin, He's been on Aiden Ross, Kamala was on Call Her Daddy.
Speaker 7: So this is like I would love to see.
Speaker 1: This is like a thing, would you.
Speaker 5: Well, he's doing Sorry, he booked.
Speaker 1: He booked with Joe, not Alex Cooper.
Speaker 5: So you're just gonna have to make do.
Speaker 1: Brogan still the biggest one out there though, that's the biggest platform.
Speaker 4: Uh, it'll happen. They'll record it on Friday. I don't know if they'll release it on Friday. It was revealed yesterday that Matthew Sweet suffered a stroke while he was on tour with Hanson. The stroke happened October twelfth in Toronto, and his agent posted a go fund Me yesterday for his medical care. As of one am, and had already passed one hundred K that were close to two thousand donations.
Speaker 5: Judd Apatow had donated John Cryer, Peter.
Speaker 4: Buck, the executive vice president of marketing for Universal Music Group. There all these are people that make are making donations to the go find Me. According to his manager, Sweet is back at home in Nebraska recovering. But those medical bills are no joke, even if you are a rockstar. I guess those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: The song comes up every now and then and throw back Thursday Matthew Sweet, and then I always tell you that his claim to fame is Austin Powers. When they would do those like funky groovy vignettes, when they're dancing on stage, slow moving and it's just Susannah Hoffs from the Bengals and Matthew Sweet. They're on stage with Austin as the band. Okay, other than that one hit wonder pretty much pretty much all right, what do you got?
Speaker 6: Rockets open up the regular season tonight. They're gonna host the Hornets at the Toyota Center. They come into the game as six and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: Tip off for.
Speaker 6: It is at seven, and you can hear the game over on our sisters station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In college football, Sam Houston got by FIU ten to seven last night. Bearcatch are now Bowl eligible for the first time in school. His There's a couple more college games being played tonight if you want to watch some of those. We got Liberty against Kansas or Kinnesaw State and Jacksonville State against Middle Tennessee. Both of those are gonna be on ESPN two and CBS Sports Network.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 17: Houston's rock and alternatives.
Speaker 10: The rod LA This Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz took a bite of my chip a little late in that song.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, still chewing those chips.
Speaker 4: We haven't okay, well, we haven't played chewing those chips or sip in those soups.
Speaker 1: Who in a while. We look played sip in the soup once, but it's fall siping the soup. We could do.
Speaker 4: It is just saying inspired, have been very inspired by you not finishing that chip early enough.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm good now, great, Good morning everybody. Pump. You're off to a great start to your day. You just got done talking about a story. Yeah, I'm gonna spury you the Google. I'm just gonna ask you to open up the email that I sent you. Okay, so the story that we have on LinkedIn guests today, don't open it just yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't see it. So you don't see email from fresh Okay.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Don't open that email. Woman got herself stuck upside down in a crevasse between boulders, trying to find her phone. She's in Australia. She's rock climbing, as you said, dropped her phone, goes to reach down to get the phone, and then her body slides into the cremis. Okay, now she's stuck upside down, still doesn't reach her phone, her hand doesn't get to that point. Seven hours stuck upside down, she was rescued. You can see pictures and all of that you can see her feet between the rocks, so there was still like some light coming in where she was. So then I get this email. I love you guys, But Sherry Roses says, Rod, look up Nutty Putty caving accident. It's not It's just a picture. It's nothing gross. It's not Steven Tyler's feet. It's not Vince bon it's not Vincevughon's toe. Stop. That hurts my heart. What you're looking at right now? That hurts my heart. Alex, you have it too. There's a guy I've seen this on internet recently. It has given me so much anxiety. It's like worse ways to die I don't really have. I mean, is everybody just a small bit clustrophobic? Everybody?
Speaker 5: Nobody Like faces are pretty uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I mean, so I think everybody's got a little bit of clusterrophobia in them. This shows a hiker that went down something that looks like maybe in an intestine, but it was it's a space between and he's slid in there until till it ended and it his head. His arms are at a side. I think his arms are at a side. His head is forward. He's in a place where they cannot get to him. So as I'm looking at the story because she had me look it up my twenty seven hours he survived like that, no thank you and there's just no hope of getting you out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And like they were saying that, like it was pitch black for them, and they there was you had to like make a decision. You had all turned around in the like the cave system, so like your only way out was like you had to make the right guess on like this.
Speaker 7: Is the way I go, and if you went the wrong way, you just went even further.
Speaker 4: During that story, my friend Emily messaged me.
Speaker 1: And she says, which story the one that we talked about.
Speaker 4: The Australian woman going, you know, upside down in a crevice trying to get her phone.
Speaker 1: She was in there for seven hours, she.
Speaker 4: Says, has that dumb bee or talking about who lost her phone?
Speaker 1: Never heard of Nutty Putty cave.
Speaker 5: So this is totally.
Speaker 1: A thing, a thing. I didn't know what it was called. I just I guess I want to tweet that I don't know. I mean, it's it's not the man's body. They don't they don't have pictures, but.
Speaker 7: There is how lodged in.
Speaker 1: It's a diagram that shows you at the end of this crevasse that is not it's not just a straight crevice though, it's it's kind of like like your intestines are or you know. And then he just reached the end of it with his head and his arms are right aside, and there you are. Twenty some hours, you're there, and that's it. You're you're done. You can't move terrible. I mean, no, thank you for nothing for terrifying me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I needed a little bit more anxiety today.
Speaker 1: I will tweet out a picture of this. Okay, this is wild. I need to Wow, it's wild.
Speaker 5: I'm going on a deep dive. See you later, guys.
Speaker 1: Is there a documentary on Nutty Putty?
Speaker 6: Watch it on like every like TikTok that I've seen from it, it was just like it. And then there's one where there was like in World War Two, they were these Japanese soldiers. They were trying to hide from people, and they were alligators, so they all got to eat.
Speaker 7: Okay, So those are the two like worst ways.
Speaker 1: You know what's gonna cleanse my palette.
Speaker 7: I am gonna go to that meeting too.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen. I think it's a sweeping sensation that is still in fact sweeping the nation. Second Big Week Fall twenty twenty four. Pumpkin Spice Price is Right is back. Get the nutty putty out of here. Alex used to stick around. I wish I'd like you to meet the hype man. Yeah, Pumpkin Spice Price is right. We're gonna be asking you to come on down and play the game coming up right after the break. It's fun, it's something you do not want to miss, and it's your opportunity to get tickets to go see Jerry Cantrell and Filter Great ticket on the show today. Don't miss it. We're back after these Rock and Alternative Use to Morning Show six to ten, Amy four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. You guys know Gronkowski's from Buffalo, right, Yeah? Does everybody know that? I don't know that. When you hear him talk, that's how people.
Speaker 5: Talk, so like that's not a thing like sounds.
Speaker 1: It's a West it's it's a Western New York thing. He's from Amherst, which is just outside of Buffalo. That's where the family's from. He talks, that's how people talk. Like that, and then the mixture of ant zoo. That's wild with the mattresses. I mean, it's wild up there, it's wild.
Speaker 4: I'm reading every time he reads, I'm like, dude, could you read less from a script, like what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: But when you hear talk, it's I can imagine me now what I can imagine people saying, where is that from? That's Buffalo, that's Gronkowski. I feel like that.
Speaker 5: Mean like the people of Bubble. Everyone talks like that.
Speaker 1: Sonny skies highs of eighty eight today, what's trending?
Speaker 4: Do you remember when we were giving away pair of Zach Ryan tickets and he like was so out like NRG and stuff, country country guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple of people said, like, what are you guys doing giving those away? I said, if it's a good kicket and people want it and I can save you money, I'll give it away. Yeah, it doesn't matter if it's not in our format. Way.
Speaker 4: So he is in a relationship with Brianna chicken Fry, who is pretty popular at Barstool Sports, and they've had kind of like this public relationship whatever. They're always kind of in a like little public scrutiny whatever. Well, he dumped her and she says she was blindsided.
Speaker 1: So that's all the tea right now in.
Speaker 5: The country music work, and people are like, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, we're gonna get set like me knowing that this next Zach Bryant album is going to be so fire, even though like this guy is so toxic, like.
Speaker 1: Everybody's Taylor Swift that writes about their crap.
Speaker 4: No, it's well, that's what's crazy, because he writes some really romantic songs about like his ex wife who he cheated on, and people are like, oh my gosh. So that that's the tea. That's the big tea. That's something that's definitely trending. Thanks, you're so welcome, dude. Any anything I can do, anything I can.
Speaker 5: Do to help.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the stuff we do.
Speaker 4: Our Worldcard Wednesday page is doing really well. That's what's getting all of the links, well the most links for us right now.
Speaker 5: And then you're looking at girls bog page.
Speaker 4: You got some Cardi b on there, you got Lady Wilson on there, and Christina Aguela are being ready for Halloween earn the headline, and that's what's trending on nighty four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Please don't bury the headline, I mean the brave women going makeup free the entire episode of Drew Barrymore's show.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't see that as the headline. I saw Christina Agular dressed like Halloween ready.
Speaker 1: Because it's not the headline, it's stupid head Well, he says, I'm led to believe that it's an unbelievable achievement that didn't put any makeup on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the way you guys do every day. So Pam Anderson was you could never contour your face.
Speaker 1: So Pam Anderson is famously not wearing makeup now. So then Drew Barrymore and Valerie Burton Elly sit down for this. They went makeup free. I'm still looking for the pioneers. Thank you women, Thank you for going makeup free. You're welcome.
Speaker 5: I do it every morning.
Speaker 1: Pam Anderson's one of the most beautiful women in the world, and it's brave to go make up free. Yah on on, Yeah, dude, I do it every day. Sweeping since Sammy shit down, sweeping the nation, I gotta get out you guys. No Pumpkins spice price is right Alex. Don't you let Alex stick around? Stick around?
Speaker 7: I'm sorry right.
Speaker 1: There, I'm insistent that you still can't.
Speaker 5: I can't please Alex.
Speaker 1: For Jerry Cantrell tickets. If you would like to play the Pumpkin Spice price is right, I need three of you to come on down called Chile now and we'll get you lock and load where you're going to bid on an actual punkin Spice item available on retail shelves this fall season seven one, three, two, one two, five, nine four five. We play after the he Is The Ron Ryan Show this November three.
Speaker 9: The clock strikes two am and keeps going backwards. What will you do with your extra sixty minutes?
Speaker 1: Sleep?
Speaker 9: Or face the terrifying truth you're still late for work? Daylight saving time fall back coming to clock's near You.
Speaker 1: Don't forget The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five. The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz that's nickelback. With just a little bit of help from Zezy Tops Billy Gibbons, I'll have these yeah yeah, yeah, right, the case of do you Thank You?
Speaker 4: Advertising works, because now I want a case of dia.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Billy Gibbons is the one. He heard that song from Nickelback. They played it for him and he's like a guy, that's a hit. Yeah, he told nickel Back that's a hit. And then boom and then he got involved with the song a little bit and he does all the spoken word and there it's pretty great. Good morning, Hope. You're off to a great start to your wildcard Wednesday. It's seven thirty. We got a ten percent chance of rain. Sunny skies today, highs of around eighty eight. You know what time it is? Who?
Speaker 5: Who this guy?
Speaker 1: It's the sweeping sensation that's sweeping the nation. It's time four the pumpkin spice cry. It's right Hello, Hia, HiPE Man, welcome GI give me that ride. Thank give me that Hi hype Man. I hope you guys. I hope you guys are watching us on Facebook Live or YouTube. Hype Man. Great to have you here. Sorry you missed Alex again today.
Speaker 5: Hey, they al's missed that guy.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a great dude on the show. Alex is definitely not here today. Even know that he's not. He's going on a meeting. I think, yeah, he had a meeting to go to. Okay, listen the Pumpkins Spice Price is right. You've been on actual Pumpkin Spice was available on retail shelves this fall season. Watch the live stream.
Speaker 5: Please watch the live stream.
Speaker 1: I beg of you, like you know, like when they have it, you have a child, they have a c section, they pull out that curtain. I need a curtain.
Speaker 5: I can't look at it. It's not sick, don't it's.
Speaker 1: Just close your eyes. Contestant number one, CJ. Come on down, Sie, Joe see Joe, h CJ. You're gonna be the first contend Great, great, great, you're the first content You're the first contestant today and the Pumpkin Spice Prices right, You're gonna be the first guy to bid, So good luck to you. Next up is William. Come on down, William. It's really not much thought out of that one. Just William. Oh hello William, good morning. You're the second contestant today on the Pumpkins Spice Price is Right. Good luck bidding today.
Speaker 17: Okay, good morning, thanks for having me, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning man, thanks for being on the show today, William. And then last but not least, uh Ryan, come on down right Ryan out Yo, Hi Ryan, Hi, Rhino jusy, you're the third contestant on today's pumpkins spice. Price is right, you'll be bidding third. And we got a great contestant row here. We got just a killer, a murderer's row. We got CJ. William and Ryan. Now I need you all to listen Barry, Barry, Barry carefully as the hype man tells us, what is today's item up forbid? Well run today? The item is zero's pumpkin spice quit toothpicks.
Speaker 11: These toothpicks are designed to help reduce the cravings of cigarettes and vapes. Eat toothpick is nicotine freed and feuds, silental sukulos, natural flavors and jamboo oleo resin to help.
Speaker 7: You fight those pesky cravings.
Speaker 20: What They even create a temporary tingling sensation in your mouth and lips. They can also help with dry mouth stensiens.
Speaker 1: It's a tingellink sensation when you put it in your mouth. Right, Just trust me on this one. You know what they say.
Speaker 20: Gang, If you want to stop smoking on something, get you some toothpicks that are flavored with pumpkin. It's a twenty cow tuba pumpkin toothpicks from the fine folks at zero?
Speaker 1: You are a menace to society melins. My grandma used to put tingel on her Christmas treeting. I think you're thinking tensal oh, tingling.
Speaker 20: Is the sensation you'll feel when you put these toothpicks you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh, I'm sure you. I'm sure you are all just as confused as I am this morning. Set in practice. Hey, CJ contested number one? What is going to be your bid on the twenty count tube of pumpkins spice toothpicks? CJ? What is your bid? I'm gonna go seven ninety nine. Seven ninety nine sounds like the studio audience likes it. Yeah, let's go over to William. William, what is what is your bid? It's a twenty count tube of pumpkin spice toothpicks fifteen fifteen ninety five are very good. Studio audience likes that bid too. Hey, Ryan, here listen Private. Ryan contested number three. I got a bid of seven ninety nine of fifteen ninety five? What is your bid on the twenty count two of pumpkin spice toothpicks from the fine folks at zero? What is your bid. Let's go with eight dollars and one thing. It's like a real game show. It's like a real game show here. It really is. The contestant who comes closest without going over the actual retail price will be our winner today. Hype man, what do we got?
Speaker 11: Well rout the actual retail price of zero's pumpkin spice quick toothpicks is twelve dollars in fifty eight six.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 20: Contested number three Willow Ryan now ryaner my math.
Speaker 1: William overbid CJ with seven ninety nine. The person that came closest was eight pol one. Contestant number three, Ryan Thomas is your winner today on the pumpkin spice price is right? Yeah, buddy, what are you giving a Ryan?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 4: You get that take to see Jerry Cantrell a House of Blues and you just get the pride of knowing that you want pumpkins spice price is right.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, That's how we roll in the city of Montgomery. Baby, Rhino, Rhino. Everybody, HiPE man, thank you, Let's get me back.
Speaker 7: I'll see you next week. That's a huge man is work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the race. Celebrating twenty years, the bus ninety four five, the bus Red Hot Chili Peppers around the world. Pumpkins spice Price is right before that, and it's almost like getting the picture of Bigfoot. We've never had this before. What happened? We have a picture?
Speaker 7: Hey, how did it go?
Speaker 1: Alex?
Speaker 5: You missed it?
Speaker 1: I mean I gotta picture the hype Man. Yeah, yeah, Normally we got to put our phones away when he here, and they go in those like little bags like at the comedy shows.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they're very strict rules.
Speaker 1: He didn't ask about the phones. I have, for the first time ever a picture of the hype Man on our Instagram story at Rod Ryan's show. Never before seen before, I can never never before seen hype Man captured in the wild. It exists. It's a real thing. He is a different person I was I had. I don't want to say where my thoughts were going, uh huh, but clearly Alex and the hype Man two, I wasn't even here. You weren't here.
Speaker 6: I wasn't here, Like I could I how could I have been here?
Speaker 1: When I was not here? Guys at Rod Ryan's show stories hype Man captured captured live in the Studio. It's it's A, it's A.
Speaker 13: It's a great days, The rod Ryan Morning Show, six, The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five, The Buzz Off Springs pretty fly for a white guy. Rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday, Sunny skies Today, low chance, really low chances of Hiza of around eighty eight next hour. I got Dashboard Confessional tickets for you. We'll get to those closer to around eight twenty. Right now. I got Tessa with Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 4: With less than two weeks ago until election Day, yesterday, it proved to be a busy one in the political world. Vice President Kamala Harris sat down.
Speaker 5: For an interview with NBC News.
Speaker 4: When asked if she and her team were making plans in the event that former President Donald Trump tries to claim a victory if he loses, Harris said, of course. It was also announced yesterday that former President Trump will be recording an appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast on Friday, and then at a campaign rally in North Carolina yesterday, former Democrat Tulsea Gabbard appeared on stage to give a speech, which she ended by announcing that she was joining the Republican Party. Because of Trump's leadership. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention announced yesterday that health officials are investigating an E. Coli outbreak that has sickened at least forty nine people in ten states, including one older person in Colorado who has died. The agency announced that the outbreak has been linked to McDonald's quarter pounders sold.
Speaker 5: In those ten states.
Speaker 4: Texas not on the list, but McDonald's did release a statement yesterday afternoon that initial findings from the investigation indicate that a subset of illnesses may be linked to the delivered onions that they put in those quarter pounders. McDonald's has pulled the quarter pounders from the menu in those affected states.
Speaker 1: You can read more on the food blog page today on this perfect.
Speaker 4: A new Halloween poll found one in for adults, we'll throw in a costume this year, twenty two percent dressed up last year, and twenty seven percent are planning to do it this time around.
Speaker 5: It didn't look at.
Speaker 1: The specific costumes people.
Speaker 4: Are planning, but it did look at types of costumes, and here they are. You've got a fictional person or character. Forty four percent that their costume fits that category. Two number two is an animal or a creature. That's nineteen percent of people. Alex told me he will be an animal for Halloween. Spoiler, I didn't costume you did.
Speaker 1: Is it a matching?
Speaker 19: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you three going out as something? Yeah?
Speaker 7: We'll maybe elephants, because well is an elephant.
Speaker 1: Your daughter's an elephant. L the lent. I'm going to be an elephant.
Speaker 5: Also a papa elephant if you will, like a.
Speaker 1: Herd, I guess you could call it that.
Speaker 6: My brother's going to be a draft because he wanted to be a draft, so he will not be part of the herd.
Speaker 7: We'll just be part of the safari.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds adorable. I can't wait to see the picks gave me.
Speaker 5: Really cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, so if you want to get the rest of the stats on one and four adults stressing up for Halloween this year, that is all good.
Speaker 5: We have a blog page up.
Speaker 4: That if you're doing a couple's costume, you're not alone. Our partner, our spouse is the number one person we coordinate costumes with. Our kids are next, followed by friends and family. Did you know there was almost a Brady Bunch revival a few years ago that would have featured all of the original kids. HGTV did a show called A Very Brady Renovation where they fix up the original Brady Bunch house back in twenty nineteen, and it was a big success. So CBS was like, Okay, we're interested in a revival.
Speaker 1: This was the guy from in sync involved with that? I'm not sure? Yeah, no, the gay guy Lance Lance Lance was involved in that somehow, or he wanted to buy the house or something.
Speaker 4: Never watched it, but again, CBS interested in a Brady Bunch revival.
Speaker 1: They worked on it for a year and all.
Speaker 4: The original siblings had a hand in recreating their characters. But then Cindy's politics got in the way. Susan Olsen, who played the youngest Brady kid, is a Libertarian and she's a Trump supporter in real life, so she wanted her character to be that way on the show, because you know, a family has completely different political opinions and then they all love.
Speaker 5: And respect each other. Those are her words.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, CBS discovered that Cindy got fired from a radio gig in twenty sixteen for saying some things that were perceived as homophobic. They asked her to take a course on political correctness, which she did.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot she was on the radio in Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 1: Yep, she had a show, Danny Bonaducci from the Partridge Family. He had a long radio career.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was on talk radio for a while, that's right.
Speaker 4: So they asked her to take that political care directness course, which she did, but they came back with fifty pages worth of other stuff that they found objectionable, so the whole thing ended up being scrapped. She says, okay, like, wow, I've been canceled a role that I played for over fifty years. I can't play it now because I'm too dangerous. So Susan says she stands by everything she said that caused CBS to cancel her. All right, First, Olivia Rodrigo wiped out on stage now Billie Eilish during a show at Madison Square Garden last week.
Speaker 5: She took a tumble she.
Speaker 4: Was going down some stairs and she, I mean she shook it off pretty good like the show went on, but she reposted a fans video of the fall on her Instagram stories, and she also showed off a pretty narly bruise.
Speaker 1: On her leg.
Speaker 5: You can go look at that on links and guests as well our blog page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 6: The Rockets open up the regular season tonight. They're gonna host the Charlotte Hornet to Toyota Center. Rockets are six and a half point favorites coming into this one. Tip Off will be at seven, and you can hear the game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven y Vegas at the Rockets win total for the season at forty three and a half. In college football, Sam Houston got by FIU ten to seven last night. The Bearcats are now Bowl eligible for the first time in school history.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I gotta mention. When I was a kid, I was around during the I was a big baseball fan. Fernando Venezuela, Okay Dodgers rookie of the Year, sow young and won the World.
Speaker 4: Series, and he just passed away, right, he just passed away twenty three years old.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are gonna win, Alex.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. When he was a twenty year old man, they didn't know how oldie wise like he was, like lied about his age. They just didn't know. He looked like a forty year old man out there in.
Speaker 5: His rookie year and he was twenty.
Speaker 1: But he was in his twenties. But he was an absolute phenom. Wow, he was a phenom. And I remember like getting his baseball I have his baseball card, his rookie year card. I don't know what it's worth, but I have it. It was just everybody wanted that card. Fernando Venezuela and Venezuela, everybody was a fan of that guy. So, yeah, he passed away.
Speaker 17: Yesterday The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz and four or five Buzz Corn coming undone. That was a sold out show on Sunday night, right, Yes, yeah, it was a sold out show. You know who. I just got a good review. Post Malone sold out sixteen thousand plus. He was here post he was here last night.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got one of the hottest country albums out there right now. They said that he did a lot of the new album. It was a country, you know, themed show. But you know, post Malone has other hits too, and he still sprinkles those in to the show. And they said he was amazing cool. Post Malone's an unbelievable performer. He's a get I know, like my young friends quite are quite.
Speaker 5: Obsessed with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, post Malone sold out? Is he playing two nights there?
Speaker 15: See?
Speaker 1: If he's playing tonight?
Speaker 14: Check?
Speaker 1: I don't remember. Did we give away tickets to post Malone and they didn't need our help? They knew he was going to sell out immediately, so I don't know. They say this, The first thing that comes up is that he's playing.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, October twenty fourth, at Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe he's got a day in between. Yeah, maybe he's got a day in between two shows. Man, that's crazy, that's crazy. Okay. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Oh can I get to Eat my Pumpkin song? Dennis? It just kind of reminded me. Dennis said, good morning, Rod family. Hope all as well. With Halloween being next week, I was hoping you can get everyone in the mood with either Stephen lynch oo you're finding that Stephen Lyn song, or to Eat My Pumpkin or maybe both. Stock Sock Shoe Shoe four hour listener for so many years, Peace Out, Peace, out. Yeah, ah here, yeah, let's do it right now? Why not? People love to eat my pumpkins song. We haven't played it too much this year, and I think we were supposed to play slut City and it got bumped. It got bumped because so many calls were coming in for open phones. So all right, well listen, we read the emails, you read your request, and when we can do it, we do it.
Speaker 8: I went trick for treating to you today. I was said to do it every day.
Speaker 1: I went to.
Speaker 8: The first house after school. The first man I saw wasn't cool. He gave me a tooth.
Speaker 1: Breast to clean my teeth.
Speaker 8: I told him I want a sugary treat. She said no and walked away, so I thanked him in a special way.
Speaker 17: I went to the.
Speaker 8: Next house in Rainbow Bell. The grown up wasn't cool. I could already tell. She gave me a raisin, said they're healthy for me. I said I want chocolate, can't you see? She said no and closed the door. So I sure thinks that's U.
Speaker 1: She's great to cart a bunch, right, Just give a good song.
Speaker 8: You're so happy Halloween. Some little to you when I'm not kind of doing you know.
Speaker 4: What to do.
Speaker 8: I loved Tony and that's no battle the sweet or else you'll.
Speaker 1: Die, bitch. Yeah ninety four five The bus Happy Halloween Reminder good a few days out. I've told you and you guys notice to be true. There's a way to get in contact with the radio wizard. I don't like talking about it to much because I don't want you to bitch in to my boss about me. Uh. He got an email about that song from it. And I know all our Karens are cool, but this was this was a very upset listener, Okay, and she definitely she had to go back and listen to it because she was so specific in her rant, right, But she knew all the lyrics somehow. Yeah, Like she got very very specifically, Yeah, like eating people and the raisins and this that and the other thing. The little girl is killing people and he's got to deal with that.
Speaker 4: He has to deal with that, so well, better him than me. Honestly, I just happened to see that. I didn't get any emails complaining about it.
Speaker 1: I have not gotten. I just get emails requesting it non stop. This alex Oh, this is Halsey. I love Halsey. I love her. I can't take my eyes off her. There's just something about her. Number One, she's super, super talented. Have you been keeping up with what she's got going on right now? She's got an album coming out. It's called The Great Impersonator. I didn't know Halsey at any album. I know she was featured on one of the Jelly Roll tracks. Okay, So this new album, it's coming Friday, Okay. But the reason why I know so much about it is because she keeps that The album is called The Great Impersonator, and she's dressing up as people. And she's not only dressing up as them, she's becoming these people that influenced her career. Okay, so I think she may have started doesn't sound that original, but okay, she.
Speaker 5: Dressed up as Dolly Parton, but we gotta love the homage.
Speaker 1: PJ. Harvey, Kate bush Cher, David Bowie, Aliyah, Joni Mitchell, and her newest is Fiona Apple and Tori Amos Oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: But she's usually going after some look from an iconic scene from iconic picture from one of their albums. I see, and she's really becoming the person and she's doing this. Yeah, it's really good. I mean it's it's perfect for Halloween season and she's just dressing up as all these different people. And it's not it's it's you dress up as Dolly party. You can do it as a goof, you know what I mean. It's it's a kind of a goof when you dress up with her. She's not, it's not a goof.
Speaker 4: Is really weird that it's a good because Dolly Parton is you know, she's one of the music genius.
Speaker 1: She's also a walking cartoon.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, but you know all the songs she's written were I was just talking about La yesterday. You know, deestional treasure grabs a guitar and cranks out a song, can write a song like like nothing, and it's a it's a an everlasting hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. You got to see what Halsey's doing. I got her on the music blog page today. It's awesome. It really is just so cool. I have no idea what the album's gonna sound like or any of that, but the way that she's promoting it, I think is absolutely brilliant. On the flip of this break and a rec check for you we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get you some dashboard confessional tous Rock.
Speaker 13: Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show eight twenty sunny skies today, no rain to worry about. Highs of around eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to go look up that email the guy that he works over at the Woodlands, and he gives me these great reviews, like behind the scenes, what was going on with everybody? He said, post Malone was amazing last night. He's playing back to backsh Okay, he's got sold out shows back to back last night and tonight post Malone.
Speaker 5: That makes more sense.
Speaker 1: Horn was sold out Sunday. And then of course post Malone can't play tomorrow night because Tomorrow night is breaking. Benjamin Stained and Daughtry. We have pit tickets for that show on No the Show today. That'll be the last thing we do before we get out of here. But right now we're gonna find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Okay, we are still looking at the Wildcar. Wednesday, someone signed their name is Sleepy. Our listener Sleepy submitted today's worldcard Wednesday, and that's the one that's getting clicked on the most. Speaking of shows, Justin Timberlake has rescheduled two weeks of shows due to illness. He has bronchitis and laryngitis. So he was on Instagram talking about it and saying that like from ten twenty three today to eleven two, anyone would take us of those shows? They're going to have to be rescheduled, and he says he'll make He'll make.
Speaker 5: It up to fans. The dates have already shifted to February.
Speaker 1: One person claiming to have inside information also said the bronchitis thing for the Judas priest cancel Is it cancelor?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were kind of waiting to see how that shook out, right, Like, what is the what is the actual reasoning for what were the unforeseen circumstances?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so again they're still rolling with unforeseen circumstances. But then somebody who claims to have inside information saying it was lebronkitis. Think, I don't know, it's that time of year. It's cold flu season.
Speaker 4: And then Alex had mentioned in sports at the Rockets the season openers is tonight Boston Celtics raise their championship banner last night and they hosted the New York Knicks. Did you see this one viral note that a husband had left his wife like I love you. But tonight the Knicks are going to have their home opener. I don't want to see you the kids. If you all want to watch the game with me, that's fine. I'm going to sit down on the cut. I'm going to have a beer. I'm going to watch the New York Knicks.
Speaker 1: Sounds like some of Alex's giant letters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably, yeah, probably anyway, if that's what's trending on ninety for five to the bus.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing about no kid. I don't know nothing about no wife. The Giants game is on. I just sit understanding, read the words that are on this paper. Here, what do you do it? Away?
Speaker 4: I have dashboard Confessional tickets for this Friday night at Buy You Music Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take call her number ten seven one wants to cut through a change. He wants us to cut thrush. This is the rod Ryan Show on ninety four five Buzz ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I'll let's go to the phones here good morning, good morning. Well hello, who is this? This is Megan Him Megan? How are you?
Speaker 21: I'm doing so good?
Speaker 1: How are you so good? I like that your caller number ten.
Speaker 21: Oh yes, I'm not even joking. I freaking downloaded the app and I was like, I'm in my car right now. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is interesting because obviously I've just told you that you're the winner. I'm gonna give you the dashboard confession old tickets Friday night by your music center. Way. You just downloaded the iHeart app.
Speaker 21: Yes, I did because I was like driving the kids to school this morning, and then I was like I don't want to miss this, and I like, manifize it. I was like, I'm gonna let these freaking tickets, and so I download that. I went inside and then I got nervous about the ads not thinking out. So when I came back to my.
Speaker 1: Car, Wow, all right, well, hey, welcome to the app. It's only been out for about, I don't know, fifteen years, but maggett. I'm glad you're here. I'm so glad you here, Kire listen, just because you're adding such you're adding such a beautiful spice. To the show this morning. I want to keep you on.
Speaker 21: Okay, we can talk all day. I don't have anything.
Speaker 3: Else to do.
Speaker 1: Did do my question? Sometimes I ask a question like when I get here first thing in the morning, and I'll have like, I like how our facebookers helped me out with with something just to kind of like, you know, prime the pump a little bit. And then this is a question for everybody that's on the show as well. Megan, I'm gonna put you on the spot. Did you have any favorite magazines growing up? Did you do magazines when you were younger?
Speaker 21: Absolutely, I did the magazines. I definitely like grew up stealing my mom's cosmos, and then I was like very into like all I'm like like I'm the elder millennials spectrum. So I had like Hanson posters all over my walls, like Tiger Beat or whatever those things were, but definitely Cosmo and then like all those little like teeny bopper situations, like my walls were covered and like Hanson and Spice Girls, and then eventually it turned into like a more adult situation, I guess, but I would say like Cosmo and then those thing bobber Ones for sure, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: You've been great today on the show. Thank you. Enjoy the show.
Speaker 21: Okay, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: She mentioned that there was Tiger Beat when I was a kid. Tiger Beat and then teen Beat. Those were two magazines, and those had the television stars of the day, probably some of those Brady Bunch knunckleheads and stuff like that. We're always on the cover, but they Team Beat and Tiger Beat. They also covered music and entertainment celebrity. If I would go and look wherever, whatever store we were in, if there was even a tiny little story and said kiss was in that magazine, I would beg my mom for that magazine. Really, it didn't matter that Sean Cassidy was on the cover it, you know, or whoever else was the pop tart of the day. I just the kisses. Yes, So that was my first. But I got as a gift when I was a kid. And I've told this story before, when I was a kid, and I'm gonna guess I'm in I don't know, third grade, so I'm eight, eight or nine. As a present, I got a subscription to Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 5: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: It was so such a crazy, awesome gift. It was such a grown up thing that the magazine would be delivered, you know, it'd come in the mail.
Speaker 5: You had mail and it was mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't get mail when you were a kid, right, And like you couldn't wait for the magazine to come in. And then God forbid, when Sheryl Tigus was on the cover of the Swimsuit edition, little Rodney Ryan got lost in his room, locked the door and you didn't see me for a bit. Yeah, okay, I was in there just just slapping the ham and my mom must have known I was in there slapping the ham.
Speaker 5: Mom's no, moms, no, so disturbing. That's why I like that. Reason is why I won't be a mom. Ever, you don't want your kid, I'm not interested in that, not once in my life.
Speaker 1: Get that little ham slapper out of here. But yeah, Sports Illustrated was was huge for me. You know, It's just I was such a sports fan and it didn't matter what it was. Obviously I baseball in football, and they never covered the bills. But those were my mags. Is't your magazines when you were a kid.
Speaker 5: I had a subscription.
Speaker 1: I remember I really liked it.
Speaker 4: To when I was younger, Highlights magazine, and then when I got older, seventeen magazine was the one that was like, you know, eight tips to make your crush look at you.
Speaker 1: I say, wasn't was it? Like Megan had mentioned Cosmo that was the one that had the quizzes in it, right, probably did they all?
Speaker 5: I wasn't really familiar with Cosmo.
Speaker 4: I was again it was like a teen like that seemed like older subject matter for me, so maybe some quizzes.
Speaker 1: There were quizzes in seventeen.
Speaker 4: You could take quizzes and figure out, you know, laying around type.
Speaker 1: You were laying around. Our house always was the I know it's not so much a magazine, but it was the National Inquirer. My mom was always My mom always worshiped at the altar of celebrity. And that's why, like we just my mom knew everything about celebrities, even when she was younger.
Speaker 5: Like pop culture.
Speaker 1: She would write to them, oh and like Rock Hudson would send back an eight by ten that was signed, They're somewhere in my mom's house. Wow, all these celebrities. And even in the in the in the movie Mommy Dearest, they showed Joan Crawford, She's doing fan mail and they just show her signing. That was answering fan mail. That's what celebrities used to do. They to send out autographic pictures back in the day. Yeah. So there was always the National Inquirer, in the in the in the Star magazine, not so much the other one with bat Boy on it. It was more of the celebrities. Okay, Alex magazines, Sports just.
Speaker 6: J in ESPN magazine with the two that I read, ESPN the magazine, ESPN Magazine, Yeah, had like and it was cool when you were a kid because it was like bigger than the other magazines too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like the just the size of the magazine just was larger.
Speaker 1: David says, Car and Driver. Uh, he got a subscription when he was nine years old. That dude was going to go into the car industry, wasn't he. Yeah, he became an auto journalist. That's what his job like. He became an auto journalist. David on our Facebook page. Ryan Thrasher Skateboarder Magazine, Yeah, okay, Skateboarder magazine. Sure, Circus Hit Parader for another Ryan teen and seventeen for Tina Lowrider Hustler got into Dad's Hustlers. I found mags. I found some mags in my dad's work. My dad's shop downstairs. You had a workshop. Yeah, it was the best. I remember being scared like I saw it. I'm like, oh my god, should I tell mom what I do? I'm like but no, Like even as a young little guy, bro code kicked in. I just knew I wasn't gonna like rat out my own man. I'm like, this is cool because if I read him out, then the supply goes away.
Speaker 5: You know, we're all in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Love your death, A lot of sports, Illustrated, b a X Magazine, Guitar World, National Geographic, High Times, kids like a weed magazine. I'm asking about when you were a child, for God's sakes, Okay, what were your favorite what were you well, no, no, no, I didn't say child. What were you favorite magazines? Growing up? So I guess High Time that's what they're talking about at our Facebook page. I'll pin that to the top. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 10: Amazon is now looking for two hundred and fifty thousand holiday employees.
Speaker 1: Are you able to toss boxes on porches?
Speaker 10: Block traffic constantly be tracked by GPS and p and a bottle ofly Today.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz, I'm the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, wild Card Wednesday. Thank you people will the chat. The chatter today on our Facebook page is what what were your favorite magazines when you were younger? And I guess when you leave it wide open like that, it's like, okay, you know when you were young. So some of you are talking about things that you looked at when you were eighteen, and some of you were talking about things that you looked at when you were seven. That's on our Facebook page at rod Ryan Show. A lot of you were watching earlier today Facebook. We are Facebook Live every day. We got the cameras in here and all of that. We are also on YouTube live. All that stuff is at rod Ryan's Show. A lot of people were checking us out. I saw a big spike in around seven twenty today of people on seven twenty The hype Man was in here. Seven twenty seven point thirty. I saw a huge, huge spike in our viewers. Yeah this morning, and I mean I lived through it, so I know I know what you were looking at. Hype Man was in here, and the hype Man was in great form today we played the pumpkin spice prices. Right. We still have more for you, though, don't worry. I mean we're not done. We're gonna leave you with pit tickets to Breaking Benjamin Stained and Daughtry on know the show. Oh this is perfect. iHeartRadio music. YouTube. Oh why do we have that intro on there? It's so stupid weird? This is Ghost. Phyllis was the one that turned us all on to the band Ghost. We're like, what is that to a concert?
Speaker 6: And then the turn off the AC because of the singer's voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, what is that Satan worshiping thing you got going on? She's like, it's not You got to listen to it, Rod, you'd actually like it. She was right, Ghost, I like them. This is a song called rats. Congratulations Chicago ten years in a row America's most rat infested city. Who would have guessed New York guest New York in LA rounding out the top three. So we're the fourth biggest city in America. We're not the fourth biggest rat infested city. We're not. I don't think we're in the top ten on this list. Now we're cockroach organ Yeah, we have more Armadillos than Chicago. Yeah, for sure, Organ says Chicago can thank the alleys and the transit system. They've held the title every year since they started. It's been ten years that Chicago is the rattiest city. Los Angeles to New York top three for the last seven years they go Chicago, LA, and New US. Those are your three biggest cities in America. Number four is US, but we are not on the rat list. San Francisco, DC, Denver, Philly, Detroit, Baltimore, in Cleveland. There you go.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 1: Chicago's number one, but you got to give a shout out to New York. You get the most cities in the top fifty. So Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, all Madland list US. Apparently we don't have a rat problem here at all. It's good. It's great, really good. I guess we gotta played rounded round by the band rat too. Yeh, but the song is called rat. That's good.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's anadi and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this wildcard Wednesday, thank you so much for starting your morning off with us sunny skies expected today with no rain, Highs around eighty eight today. One final time, I'm going to ask Tessa, what are Houston's.
Speaker 4: Head The record numbers are turning out for early voting in Texas statewide. Over a million voters cast ballots at the beginning of the week, which was Monday, the first day of early voting. That's about five percent of the eighteen point six million.
Speaker 1: Registered voters in the state of Texas.
Speaker 4: And large numbers are turning out in Democratic leaning areas like Houston, Austin, and San Antonio. A record number showed up in the Austin area on Monday, and in San Antonio some voters waited more than two hours in line. Early voting in Texas ends on November first. There's a little bit of political drama here in Houston. The city Controller, Chris Hollins wants Mayor John Whitmyer State of the City event to be included in any investigation of fundraising practices. So last week we had talked about the mayor expressing some concern over conflicts of interest regarding fundraising practices for an investor conference that Hollands was hosting. Well, yesterday, Hollands filed a letter with Houston City Council, the Ethics Committee and the Office of the Office of the Inspector General. The letter states that the fundraising mom used for his conference was the same one used for Whitmeer's State of the City event.
Speaker 5: Okay, this next story is crazy.
Speaker 4: Woman in Australia was rock climbing when she dropped her phone and inside of like a crevice between two rocks, and she went down to retrieve it. She figured she might be able to squeeze herself through these rocks, but apparently she didn't consider an escape plan because she got all the way inside to the point where you could only see her feet between the rocks. Yeah, and she got stuck upside down. She didn't have her phone obviously to call for help.
Speaker 1: She couldn't move.
Speaker 4: Now. Luckily she was not by herself when she was hiking. She had some friends and.
Speaker 1: Her feet were kind of still like exposed so you could see where she was.
Speaker 4: Right, So her friends called some rescue crews. The crews get there. They had to move several boulders just to get access to her, and then the workers navigated her feet first up through this tight spend that took an hour the woman was called and collected.
Speaker 1: She was able to do with.
Speaker 4: The rescuers asked, but she was stuck upside down for seven hours and she was finally free. She got checked out the hospital. She had some cuts, some bruises.
Speaker 5: But she did not recover her phone, and I don't think it was worth it.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, we got pictures up on links and guests for this. But then we all learned about something called Nutty Putty Is that what it was called? Hutty Cave? Nutty Putty Cave.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I retweeted the story about it on the X.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. It is like this girl got off easy. Some guy was stuck for all those hours and it didn't end well. I'd never heard of this. I just saw this picture of like a body stuck in a crevasse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nutty Putty Cave was eventually closed off. It was turned into a memorial for this guy because they just had There was this massive rescue attempt and they eventually had to They had to give up and he went into cardiac rest so it was too perilous to recover his body. And the entrance hole was filled with concrete to prevent anyone from further acts.
Speaker 5: And it was a cave is.
Speaker 4: Now a memorial to him, the guy that got stuck at Nutty Putty Cave.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's what nightmares are. Mada for real.
Speaker 4: Former President Trump will sit with Joe Rogan for his podcast in Austin on Friday.
Speaker 1: The Joe Rogan Experience has.
Speaker 4: Been one of the most popular podcasts, particularly a young men who have been key targets of the Trump campaign. He's visiting Texas the same day. Harris has a campaign rally planned in Austin. So Trump has done several recent interviews with other figures popular among men, including theovonn Ben Shapiro, and Aiden Ross. It was revealed yesterday that Matthew Sweet suffered a stroke while he was on tour with Hanson. That the stroke happened in Toronto earlier this month, October twelfth. His agent posted a gofund me yesterday afternoon with a goal of raising two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for his medical care. As one am last night, had already had passed one hundred K from close to two thousand donations. That includes a fifteen hundred donation from Judd Apatow. One thousand each from John Crier, Peter Buck, and Andre Cronfeld, the executive vice president of marketing for Universal Music Group. According to his manager, Sweet is back at home in Nebraska recovering.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines, Hie, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rock stars don't have insurance help. Yeah, you know, there's no governing body that's over above them, So that sounds like this guy needs to help. Oh, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 6: Well, the Rockets are going to open up the regular season tonight. They'll host the Charlotte Hornets at Toyota Center. Rockets are six and a half point favorites in this one. Tip Off is at seven and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Vegas has the Rockets win total set for forty three and a half on the season. In college football, Sam Houston got by FIU ten to seven last night. Bearcats are now Bowl eligible for the first time in school history.
Speaker 7: So congrats to the Bearcats and to eat them up. Cats. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rocks Houston's alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning Brought Ryan Show Welcome to the nine o'clock hour, everybody. The iHeart Radio Music Festival is one of the big highlights that we're gonna talk about this hour. We're gonna give you a chance to win a trip out there to California to go see or I'm sorry. It is the Alter Ego Festival that's our specific one. This is the one that actually sells out immediately tickets. I guess there's some early bird tickets that are available right now. Alter Ego's going down January eleventh at the Key of Form in Inglewood, alex Is gonna hit you up with that queue to call, probably closer to around nine, between nine twenty nine five. And of course we got a chance. It's some alternative income coming up in just moments, a chance at one thousand dollars. And then I'm gonna leave you today with the pit tickets breaking Benjamin Stained Daughtry Tomorrow night, Do Do Do Do Do Do. I learned a new term I want you to share with you guys. Well, it kind of plays into something that's happening right now in our lives. The rod Ryan Show twenty than of Our Party and the rod Ryan Show Boobs Rock Golf Tournament, does anybody remember the official water sponsor of those events? Liquid Death? What do you know about liquid death? It is water? Yeah, Like what is this whole liquid death thing? Murder your thirst? Yes, And it's kind of an anti plastic bottle movement because I learned from going to a Cold Play show that aluminum is infinitely recyclable, use it over and over.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. That's why you start to see some of those red solo cups are now those aluminum cups because they want you to go and recycle those. It is weird. My kid likes the Liquid Death. I don't mind it. It's just water, right, But it looks like my kid is drinking an energy drink of some sort of can or it looks like some sort of an alcoholic beverage, maybe a tall Boy God forbid, because it does come into tall can in right, And it's I even think it's weird seeing my kid drinking those. You know, it's just water, guys. I mean they have flavors and they have the seltzer, you know, like sparkling water, but there's no alcohol at all in this. So you know, my kid, she just I just give her just the water. Ones, just the water. Chaos packaging that falls under the umbrella of chaos packaging.
Speaker 4: Like something that's not what it's usually into. Yeah, packaging something it usually wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: It is a hot new marketing ploy. Ah. I love all this marketing stuff. That's why I think I liked mad Men so much. I think I like that because it was all you know, the mad Men. They were on Wall Street or not Wall Street, Madison Avenue. Mad Men stood from Madison Avenue. I didn't realize that until after I got done watching the series. But it was all advertising. You know. The Wall Street Journal just did a big article and chaos packaging. When companies sell products in containers they wouldn't normally go in. There's something out there that somebody is selling sunblock in a whipped cream can. Chaos, that's chaos marketing. Yeah, okay. The brand is called Vacation and it's called Classic Whip. It looks just like a can of ready whip. It comes out of the nozzle, it looks like whipped cream. It's FPF thirty.
Speaker 5: Dude, I'm in, but I'm in because I love to start.
Speaker 1: Are you going to get some idiot that puts that on their pumpkin pie and then they sue the company that's on them. This is the same reason why it says, you know, don't use your toaster in your bathtub. You have to tell people not to do that.
Speaker 5: I love this, I love this classic whip.
Speaker 1: Is it so clever that somebody's going to hurt themselves?
Speaker 4: That's not my problem. That's like, not my problem. If you think you're gonna put this on a pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to take a good point, that's like.
Speaker 4: Really your problem. And maybe that's how you learn not to put it on a pumpkin pie. You have to take a bite of it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rod. Other examples of chaos marketing, Well, they're sure are. There's a brand called Flow they sell tampons in ice cream tubs.
Speaker 10: Oh that's smart.
Speaker 1: There's a liquor brand called Engine that sells gin in motor oil cans. And then we all know the Liquid Death, which is in the Tall Boy cans. And the only time you ever see Tall Boys are beer and for Loco you know what I mean, energy drink. Yeah yeah, yeah, So they say this is a huge thing, that is and Liquid Death is leading. I mean it's a billion dollar company now, So This is a trendy thing, and it's a trendy thing for startups because it helps their products stand out right out of the gate. But they can be confusing. There was a case of what I was talking about, what I feared about the SPF thirty looking like whipped cream. Last year a cleaning product brand called Purisy Pursy. They said, well, they were selling soaper refills in soda cans. They had to change them when the parents said that the kids were thinking that it was soda and they drank it. Okay, So the guy back to the flow founders. They said that they've heard people accidentally putting their tampons in the fridge and in the freezer thinking that it was ice cream. But that's really no harm to follow there. That might feel nice, What is coming next? Okay? Liquid Death was recently valued at one point four billion dollars. It's a pretty new company because of the and they say a lot of it has to do with the chaos packaging of it.
Speaker 4: People love to do stuff outside of the box, and w's so wacky.
Speaker 1: We love learning new things like that. All right, a chance to win some alternative income, go get it. Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Okay, we're gonna let Alex do his thing. I got what is it? Nine twenty one. Then again, we're gonna give people a chance to get into the ulter Ego Festival. Right, yes, okay, that's coming in, but that's coming up, but Alex has to do this first. Online. It's Alix Online ninety four five The Muzz.
Speaker 6: All right, it is spooky season, so I'm trying to kind of keep them as Halloween related as I can if possible.
Speaker 7: Today's AOL.
Speaker 6: You will be looking at killers from scary movies and see if you can name the movie just by looking at the killer.
Speaker 1: Is there is there any like horoscope twist to this?
Speaker 5: I would love that.
Speaker 1: That would really get me excited if it was anything dealing with astrology. Can we can we look to the stars?
Speaker 6: Nope at all, look at the stars, try and name the movie. Pretty sample to see if you can do that. The web finished Ride Round show page The Buzz dot com. Would a Capricorn like this doesn't matter?
Speaker 1: A Capricorn would love What about the libras? Is that not like something like a libra would want to see?
Speaker 5: We're pretty fair so yes, we'll give it a shot.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, we don't give an ask what month you were born in Okay. I want you to go out to our alter ego show. Take a listen to this and do what he says or she.
Speaker 14: Now you're chance of a trip to our iHeartRadio alter ego text the nationwide de word.
Speaker 17: I'll to the number two hundred two hundred. You'll get a.
Speaker 14: Confirmation text and info standard data and message raint supply in this nationwide contest.
Speaker 17: That's all to two hundred, two hundred.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Yeah nine twenty six, no rating today, Sunny skies highs up around eighty eight. Got a pretty cool email, a pretty cool email to share with you guys. Let me see you here. Move this over here, hit this button here and now I can read the email here from Richard and he says, Hey, Rob, my son and I. We listen to you guys every morning on the way to school and then off to work. My kid loves you, guys, though we all he's listened to you. He's only four. My son Silas. His favorite song is I of the Tiger. I remember, I remember when that song came out so good, Rocky Rocky three, I had the Tiger. It was mister tay Yeah, Rocky three. I believe so though he always listens to you, he's only four. He loves I the Tiger and he asks for it every time we get in the car. So when you guys are in commercials, I'll sometimes scan classic rock or some mixtations just in case it happens to be playing. I mean, that's wild thinking that that song is just gonna be out there. You should probably just download it on your phone. Well today, well you guys were in commercial, I scanned and guess what I came across nice Ton Club. I got a Torn club meeting many.
Speaker 17: Men.
Speaker 1: Ladies do what you need to do is take a break, rest your heels. Today while you guys are in commercial, I scanned across the station and Torn by Natalie and Moulia was playing. Obviously, I sit on it for a minute and I start singing it. My son in the back says, turn it up. Four year old says, turn it up.
Speaker 5: He's got he's got good taste. Those are bangers, These are bangers.
Speaker 1: I have a Tiger Torn and now at the Ripe age of four, My son Silas is now a full fledged member of your Torn Club. Play it. Welcome Silas, Welcome to Torn Club.
Speaker 5: I like how empathetics this little kid is already.
Speaker 1: I welcomed him to Torn Club as a member for life, and he laughed. And of course, right after the song ended, we turned it back onto you, guys. I thought you might like this story. Keep Richard, I love. I love when a brand new generation is coming into Torn Club. Okay, so I guess.
Speaker 5: Fortune, It's okay to cry, It okay to be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Tell him Rod, tell him just while this song is playing. Don't let me catch you crying outside of this song.
Speaker 4: Play Torn, you have a good cry with your buds, with your bros.
Speaker 1: You wipe that tear off your face. I don't hear Natalie and Bullier, Oh she's on. Okay, you can cry, you can cry. It's so great to have a new member. I appreciate you sharing that story with me all the other emails. I probably should have stayed on that a little longer. People are loving the magazine discussion. What magazines did you have when you were a kid. You know what I didn't do. I didn't do the mad magazine.
Speaker 5: Mad magazine. Never met me other have you not heard of it?
Speaker 1: Mad TV? It's Mad magazine.
Speaker 5: Was it like a big cartoon head on it?
Speaker 1: Yes, Elabe Alfred E. Newman. That cartoon had a name and it was like that redheaded with the big ears. Yea mad magazine. I never did that.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, we had Reader's Digest that was like a smaller one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah. Around my dad there was two magazines. There was Popular Mechanics and there was Popular Science. And I remember every now and then, you know, my dad's magazines were lay around. You do open it up. There was like some like submarine or something in there that was like caught my eye. That was kind of cool. Mostly it was pretty boring when you were a kid. It was pretty nerdy. It was even nerdy back then. Like I even said, I called my dad a nerd. Yeah, I was like, that was the first time, I'm like, dad, it's pretty nerdy. Even the first documented case of somebody calling someone else a nerd probably on our Facebook page. I'll go take I'll go take a scan of that again. A lot of people are playing along. What was your favorite magazine or maybe your first magazine. What was your favorite magazine when you were young? I get it. A lot of guys with the Playboy and the pent House and all of that. Funny haha, me too.
Speaker 14: The Right Right show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of the.
Speaker 1: Bus look at them, go listen to that. I was tasty kid loves to shred his guitar loves to shred. Great shredding, Alex I just jomped, dude, great great shredding. At the end of that, that's the Beastie Boys. I mean, it's my favorite part when you just start just unleashing the beast at the end there. I never said, it's like you have so you have eighteen fingers flying around on that flipboard. No sleep till Brooklyn rob Ryan's show on the Buzz is on a wild Card Wednesday. Yeah, you were saying a lot of people still talking about the magazines when you were young, Like what was what were your favorite magazines when you were young? Maxim magazine was so great.
Speaker 4: It was such a killer of a magazine, Like I feel like that must have sold so many copies you had the Maximum did they do like the Hot one hundred or.
Speaker 1: The Local hotties or something hometown hotties. There was a time when my inbox was flooded with chicks saying, please, will you help me advance in the hometown hotting competition? To vote for me? But the problem is you had to go and you had to register at their website to vote, and you know they wanted more people on their site, right, I am like, if they wouldn't make it jump through so many GD hoops. Yeah, the last time that got me or the last time people were hitting me up there was like a some kind of a tattoo magazine. I can't remember inked maybe I don't know, but hey, I'm up for this, you know, the most inked up check of the year. Can you help me out with this? Can you put this link out there for people? And I don't mind helping out right, of course we want someone local to win.
Speaker 4: But if the website you're directing them to makes you do a dance and sign your life away, it's like, okay that we don't want that for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole maxim thing, I mean that was just like when bro was at a premium like it was. It wasn't there was no shame in being a bro. You know, there was you could be a bro and like it was celebrated that you were a bro and you and your bros were bros, and there was there was no backlash of being a bro. But then it became oh that's a little bro. Oh that's a little too bro.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was about the bro. I think it was just about like.
Speaker 4: The women, like, hey, like, look I want to be featured like judg me, hey, take a look at like how hot I am? Like at some point that crossed the line too, and you're just like, whoa are you sexualizing right now?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Yeah, thanks, that's why we're selling magazines. You're on the cover, your asses all over the cover of this magazine. That's what I'm saying. Like, that's that to me was the shift. I want to say. I saw a documentary on this. I'm sure someone out there knows it and what platform it's on. That's the one thing I won't do is I don't care. I'll go find it. I know how to use Google if you tell me what the name of the doc is, because people will ask, well, where is it? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm watching it on a platform on a streaming platform.
Speaker 1: But there's so many of them. I don't know. It could be on Pluto, it could be on that last planet that I still call a planet. I don't know where it is. But Fuboo Fubo for us by us is that a network clothing. Fubo is a sports streaming Okay, all right. Maxim Magazine is a great one. There was stuff magazine, stuff stuff. It was just like Maximum. So it was a Maxim ripoff s tuff. I know because the guy that created Maxim was came from another big magazine. I know, I saw. I know there's a documentary on that out there somewhere.
Speaker 4: It wasn't there Like Playboy and then there's like Playboy Special editions.
Speaker 5: Well that was like suicide girls.
Speaker 4: I know this because my friend was in all of these contests, my friend Cianne, and she would come to Houston and like do these pageants or shows?
Speaker 1: Well, girls would run around saying that I'm in Playboy and like, wow, you're in Playboy. That's huge. Well special edition, you know the girls of the Northeast region that mow their lawn and their panties, I'm in that one, you know or whatever. It was a very very specialized version, but count the under the Playboy umbrella. You got to put on your resume that you were in Playboy if that's something that you wanted to conclude on your resume. And then you had the guys. Okay, and I'll take it one step further. You had guys that may be shot for some third or fourth tier level Playboy product, but you had a business card with the Playboy Bunny on it. Yeah, and a guy with a camera and a Playboy logo on a business card. That's your ticket to be the creepiest dude on the planet. That's your that's your ticket. You you start, you get a stack of those, and you're going out in you're past. I'm a Playboy photographer. Never never mind, it's for girls of the Northeast region that mow the lawn and the panties version. But if you had that logo on your business card and they were always honah CD dudes they had that business card, let me tell you, for a while, they they they were having a good time out here. Yeah yeah, yeah, hey look at this. I what you wanted to a shoot? Yeah, yes, you have a Playboy Bunny on your business card. I'll shoot with you, slimy. What are you guys using these days for? I guess I probably already know the answer. I'm sure you guys are using Apple pay if somebody needs money, if you need to send your friend some money, say you. The number one thing that people are using these uh these cash apps for or digital wallet transactions is technically what they're called. The number one reason that people are using them is food. And I think people are splitting the bill. Yeah, yeah, yeah, what are you using? Like, hey, you know, I'll get your half, but I'll know, no, I know you don't have cash on you? What are you using? A Vinmo?
Speaker 5: Usually top choice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Alex vinmoh why not Apple pay? Or is that for something? Is that more for like your is that more like your credit card? Apple pay? I mean apple pay.
Speaker 6: I just used to pay for stuff. But like, if I'm sending somebody money, I'll send the money through Venmo.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: My Fantasy Ball league just use Venmo. So that's just kind of how I stuck with it.
Speaker 1: Anybody who's PayPal anymore or no?
Speaker 7: I have PayPal, but only for certain things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have PayPal for certain things as well.
Speaker 6: Some things that you can't use Venmo or a credit card for like, if you like when I buy my my my soccer team is west Ham. By trying and buy west Ham gear, you have to use PayPal.
Speaker 1: Okay, except the same thing. So the rod Ryan Showkeras Foundation is tied into PayPal. So and they recognize that, and you know, we used to get a little kickback too. They would give us some money because you're using kind of like Apple or the Apple Smile or Amazon Spot you know which one away it was terrible. What I find weird are the payment notes, well, the emojis? Does every single thing have to be social? Like does everything have to be public knowledge? I can make get where it's private. Yeah, I just I just don't like if I had to send I just send the guy money for something, and like he's not getting an emoji with my money.
Speaker 5: It's called keeping records. Oh that was for pizza.
Speaker 6: That was for dreams people Tesa sends her landlord rent or whatever like way to go, good job.
Speaker 3: It's really weird to me that that is a whole almost another social media where people are sharing why they're sending somebody money, and then they're the emojis, Like if you got your.
Speaker 1: Hair done, like you got to put like, you know, a hair don't job.
Speaker 4: Every time when I venmo my hairdresser his tip, I'm like, you're the best heart haircut haircut.
Speaker 6: My wife's Venmo got shut down because someone said Peong Chang, thanks you and it was a joke and they flagged it for a suspicious activity.
Speaker 1: Food is number one, gases number two, thanks, followed by happy, followed by rent, birthday hair, cash, and just the heart emoji. That's why we're saying money to other people.
Speaker 7: Love it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's such a weird thing to announce to the world why you're sending someone else money. It's weird to me, man, and I get it. It's like an old man thing or whatever that I can't wrap. I cannot wrap my head around it.
Speaker 6: You can't just send money, like doesn't it yours require you to like you have that at least like the reason you're just stay one.
Speaker 1: Or you could just put a random number and it encourages you. Could you put prostitution down for everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah you could, but then you get flagged like happened to my wife's decap.
Speaker 5: That's ilegal.
Speaker 1: She couldn't use it. For like two months. It's illegal asking me why I'm sending somebody money. It should should be it's for fun, and the emoji should be disabled. It's so obnoxious when I see that, Oh I had a great lunch heart emoji, start comments on every single person's fun too. It's fun and the fact that you can comment on him is weirder. I like that. I like, you know what I'm gonna put the first I am not after this discussion, I am now putting that more obnoxious than vanity plates. I'm putting that above vanity plates.
Speaker 5: I want a vanity plate check on it.
Speaker 1: What do you give it away? I know the show. Let's see.
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of pit tickets to see Breaking Benjamin in Stain with special guests Daughtry.
Speaker 5: They're playing Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Post Villon is not playing Thursday Night Breaking Benjamin is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll put you in the pit.
Speaker 5: You know, I gotta come.
Speaker 1: Up with a question. Going to pit with my bestie?
Speaker 5: Send me money for the beer.
Speaker 17: Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Getting ready to close up shop on a wild card Wednesday, But first, La la la la, la la la. I'm gonna be honest, I was pretty surprised that Chili put these pit tickets in there. Usually that's a that's a flex he does usually on the day of the show. I don't know where he's going to put these pit tickets tomorrow, but right now, tomorrow night, pit tickets to Breaking, Benjamin Stained and Daughtry on the Chopping Block know the show. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Name the cave that put us all in an anxiety attack. We did a story about an Australian woman. She was a rock climber and she kind of got stuck trying to go after her phone, but then that sent us down.
Speaker 1: Some rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: So name the cave that gave us all anxiety today and I will give you the pit tickets to see Breaking.
Speaker 1: Benjamin, there is either a movie and or documentary about this, that's what you're asking. Okay, I don't think I can watch it too. It's given me anxiety. I can't believe you're bringing this back.
Speaker 5: It gives me the sills.
Speaker 1: I'd rather talk about what horror movie is best for my horoscope. It's gooky season, it's the shining for your Horoscope, The seven one three Boobs, The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz that timed out pretty well, breaking Benjamin staying Daughtry Tomorrow night. Tickets still available for the show. To my knowledge, tickets are still available. They didn't let me know, but I'm sure. I'm quite sure. You cannot buy tickets in the pit for this show. We've got them for you. We've had them all a week for you. Let's give him to one of you. Peas now time for I know this show on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 4: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 1: Man? Hi, Jared? How are you? Good man?
Speaker 17: The Past?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who is this guy? The past guy? You're the guy that makes passes. Hey, it's the Rod Rock Show. Patch Yeah, oh, the patch guy? Got oh yeah you he was at the twentieth anniversary show. I got to see Jarrett there and he's got his Is it a vest like a gene vest that you have all the patches on? It's a blackets and gas station shirt. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's got all like his favorite bands and everything, and like where on that wall, Rob Ryan Show. He gave us some patches.
Speaker 5: I love that patch.
Speaker 1: Jared, listen, this is great. Let's get you. Let's get you in the pit here, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Hey, what's the name of the cave? They gave us all anxiety.
Speaker 4: We were talking about an Australian rock climber that got stuck looking for her phone.
Speaker 5: But then it lend us to on this rabbit hole of what It's a hard question.
Speaker 14: I believe it was in the location to the hundred Valley, New South Wales and Australia.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, No, Nutty Buddy, there we go, Waitte.
Speaker 1: Did he pull it out? Yeah he did, Nutty got buddy, Yeah, Lutty Puddy Yeah, Nutty Putty.
Speaker 5: That's what we were looking for, Nutty Putty cave.
Speaker 1: That's it's not today's story. Today's story. That girl lived right, She was just stuck for what it was for seven hours seven hours. This person was stuck for twenty some hours. Yes, did not come out Nutty Putty. Listen, Guys, if I ever like die horrifically, don't name me after an ice cream sandwich. It's like, come up with something a little bit more dramatic for me. Nutty putty.
Speaker 5: Well, Alex, you're in charge.
Speaker 1: I guess that's the name of the crevass or wherever this happened. Hey, yeah, this just sounds a little too fun. Hey, Jared, just one, would you hook him up? For sure? Hey, I'm gonna put you in the pit.
Speaker 4: You and on your patches are going to the pit breaking Benjamin's staying concert because you know the show.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, there you go, man, that's you're welcome the pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my brother. What we got fun in hero? All right, we can go out with that blow away? What could I Oh? Daughtry. He's gonna see Daughtry from the pit. Yeah, the guy with all the patches, the patch guy. Jareded head to head Arthur beat Fresh Lewis this morning. Louis was fun Huh, he.
Speaker 4: Was really funny. I hope he really does go back and listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Lewis got smoked two questions to answers. He was telling me how great he is in the car. He listens every morning, he listens to the Fresh out of Bed, and he beats everybody. He beats the goats the goat Hunters. He beats everyone all right. Arthur is on with us tomorrow. He's trying to get up to that point where he chokes on Game five. Uh wild card number one link today, hype Man, how about that today? What a great round of the pumpkins spice price is right, thanks to the hype Man for stopping by. Weird that Alex left again, But with some of the I feel like there's almost like wacknus monster photographs that appeared on our social media. It really is a different person. I mean, yeah, I got don't wear glasses. I really kind of realized today that you can tell the hype Man is definitely a different persons And glad that you guys finally believe me. Toront's throwback Thursday Sixtagram Thursday Read my lips. Alex versus Tessa my favorite. That's gonna my favorite when those two play. At least Chili's in here so he can separate you too. Jeremy's up next, He's got the non stuff noon. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour, and then don't forget Teresa is going to give you a chance at that alter Eco festival at five thirty today. All right, today's Wednesday. New You're gonna record a podcast today. Yeah, it'll be out. Tomorrow is Gravy Day.
Speaker 7: It'll be out about five o'clock today.
Speaker 1: Okay, new past the Gravy tomorrow. I can't wait at Rod Ryan's show on All the Socials. Uh test us on Houston Life today at one o'clock. And that's it. Guys, we're on a twenty hour break. We're back with you tomorrow morning. Have an awesome Wednesday, everyone, AMF Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.