Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Cannic Cass. I'm Canaday and on today's episode, cropped Over is over pretty much groovy? Oh it's crazy. It's month flew by. Uh so we're me diving into cropt Ober and our thoughts on it, talking about what impacts the industry, how to impact the regular consumers.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I know we're gonna have to move. I think the table it has to.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's a ghost and here that moves.
Speaker 2: I think it's literally just me getting comfortable, just like like your hands and the shots are always a little different. I'm like, what is moving, it's ghost.
Speaker 1: It's like it's you see this table, there's literally grooves, probably got like three feet of it and I got like a foot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like the camera is still in the same spot with both of us. Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening on audio, please I don't know. I'm looking at you because you're not seeing me. Go to YouTube search my M I C A and N A C A S T and subscribe on because then you can tune into our weekly wake and bakes every Saturday am. Eastern spelled wake up and bake up with your boy groovy and Canadave. And then also jumping in that I want to give a shot out to our partners. We got cannopy extracts boom, we got old school organics boom, we have Kinship where's their bag? And we got and we got drink high nine uh. Shout out to all our partners. I helped make this podcast going and we appreciate each and everyone to you. And again, if you our listeners check their products out, make sure you tag us the story attack them. We want to know what you guys think of them because we take brands that we feel our representative of how we are in the market and what they do.
Speaker 2: And this is like, this is a popular topic just being you know, October and if you don't know, for a those people who don't know, because it's totally understandable if you're new to this world or you haven't grown outdoor. Croptober is just a big time in growing, especially here because of how the weather is. Cropt Over is the time of the year where everyone that has planning outdoors in that what would you say June early June when everyone's planning I don't know, June May, June, somewhere in.
Speaker 1: There, there's no frost in the weather, right.
Speaker 2: I guess that's true. It's always one dependent here, and that's what I was trying to say. It's like as soon as you get those seeds out and then this is about the time everyone's pulling. You know, we're at the end here. So we kind of want to give thoughts here because we started looking at articles and every year that we talk about Croptober, this always affects everyone in the market differently, and we kind of want to just kind of deep dive on how it affects everybody and just thoughts about it all and just like from past and then maybe little future predictions and then just a bunch of smoking wing dead So come come hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and also go Lions. They put a wolf in this week, real quick, rocking the n.
Speaker 2: I know, he's like he came ready, he had a hanger and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing this I have to out there. They just whooped Tennessee's ass on Sunday and then they got a big game this upcoming Sunday against Green Bay Packers six and one for five and two green Bay, Oh so you know it's hilarious. Jared Goff the jersey I'm wearing he wore, uh, Ricky Bobby that the Lions had a Halloween costume contest and he wore Ricky Bobby's costume and I loved it. And the best part is if you ain't first to last, you know what I'm saying. We're first players right now, so let's go go lines. Sorry, I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Got a babe slap happy. Even before this started, he was just like, I'm like, whoa, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're also recording late, so I'm like trying to go. I'm like trying to keep that energy coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I've been dabbing, so I'm like, so you know, I'm actually gonna rip a dab. I love when our partners collab. Shout out to Scottie over there, can it be uh? He produced, uh some sugar coat that couldn't know I couldn't find his sugar cones. No, I knew what it was trying to find the name. I was like, but I love when a good batter, you know, has that nice little look to it. It's good batter man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it almost looks like it looks like batter Yeah, it is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Where'd you get that at playing fifty nine? That's our fan over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's what's up there.
Speaker 2: So let's dive into uh, Croptober. Okay, So I just want to say, there's a couple of different perspectives, and I pulled up you know, I have the consumer, I have the dispo, and then I have the market as a whole. Because I just think there's a few different ways to look at this, right, Because I've heard people go Croptober is bad, Croptober is good. I think that's a little too easy, you know what I mean, it really is because it depends on how you look at it, depends on you know, because there's a couple of ways that it affects the consumer positively and negatively. And I wanted to talk about it. So let's just let's start with the consumer, because this is just easy consumer, right, So what do you think good or bad to the consumer? Just off first rip? If you had to just give me positive negative, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I mean, in Michigan, is probably good good?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Why is that? Well? Too? Reasons? You can you can grow your own twelve plants, so you can grow your own bud. And if you have your own bud and it's quality bud and you yield a lockers outdoors, you could yield it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's the obvious point. That's what I want to say. This is the obviously point. You grow your own bud, You get to have a bunch, you have a shit ton, you can produce some, you can try to wash it, you can really experimental it. Now use the other perspectives, because this is what I've also heard and not also heard. I guess I've also noticed when we would go out to Vegas, Right, isn't it kind of worse when you have a bunch of bud on the market that's not labeled as sun grown and you don't know and then you buy it and you're like, oh, now, see, I think there is a certain.
Speaker 1: Actually label their shit. When I went out there, that's cool.
Speaker 2: But see there is a certain degree too. And again people are gonna probably give me slack a groovy and idiot. Outdoors just as good as indoor. And I think to some degree, depending on if you have a greenhouse, depending on how much monitor it, I think that is probably somewhat true. There is probably some good outdoor bud that I would be like, Wow, this is outdoor. Yeah, you know, but I think when you control the environment and like all these fancy dance things that all you guys are doing with LEDs and like color spect rooms and all this shit, that just mind blows me. With growing, I just am with lighting specifically. I just feel like sometimes you know, I just I just I just wonder is it sometimes a bummer not a bummer. But if you say you're used to this indoor high quality product with LEDs and then you get the same like package they grow during outdoor season, is that a disservice? Like is that a bummer to them? Or is it?
Speaker 1: I think you would know if your brand's grown indoors.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what I was trying to say. Is that a negative to the consumers?
Speaker 1: A lot of the brands on not all the brands, but there are a lot of brands that aren't growing out theres and you have your ones that are, and I think they I think some of it from the outdoor might go into like your vabe.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying either way yet. I don't know if I have an opinion yet. That's why I wanted to talk about this today with you specifically, because I just I'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure it's a great time because like you're everyone in general's chopping bud and it's like fuck chopping buds, hanging time product new strains, and then also R and D and this could be for this could be for brands or people too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So to the consumer's perspective, it doesn't really like so you're right, so you're I guess what you're saying is it doesn't necessarily affect like the market stuff because not everyone even grows outdoor on market. That's kind of what you were alluding to. Yeah, Like that's okause that's what I'm trying to ask because I think I don't think it necessarily does affect I'm here in Michigan that much like with C October. But I always wonder how that, Like, you know, when people are cropping outdoors versus indoors and it's not labeled like injoor, you.
Speaker 1: Get to control everything, that's the greatest part. But outdoor you do have the sun. You can't beat the sunny light on sunny days. You can't beat that ship. I mean that all over powers a thousand one HPS or LED. I don't think you can mimic the sun, you know what I'm saying indoor, but like like the sun's the sun.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it doesn't matter as long as it's taken care of properly, it's grown good. It is what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also I think the climate has stuff like you're you're facing you have deer for it, bite in your ship, Like where are you growing? You know what I'm saying Like that, I've heard of outdoor stuff that have you people had put fences around on it, you know, like because you have animals coming into it. But like I think you understand that when you're growing and you're just racing different different obstacles, like when you're facing obstacles indoors, you know, like you're probably you might get powerley mildew outdoors here in Michigan, Like we had our own buddy that battled it three four years consistently, you know, and you just got to make sure you do the coroper IPM techniques. So it all depends. I mean, I think it's great for the consumer because if you want to grow, you can grow. You don't have to do it indoors, right, and I think it's.
Speaker 2: Going Also, I want to say the price, it's it's kind of like nice for the price because it knocks the prices down go down for a little while.
Speaker 1: Right now in the market, a lot of people like to buy whatever from three dollars two dollars pre rolls like a little shake. And so if you if you buy soil a pot and you throw it outdoors, you can, like groovy always say you could buy that soil. It's just what you just gotta throw water on it. Right, and you're literally growing outdoors and you don't have any bills, like you don't have no fans moving you knowly no carbon scrubber. I mean, you're not scrubbing. You can't scrub outside, you know what I'm saying, Like it's gonna smell, but by the law we're allowed to, which is the great, which is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: So okay, overall win for the consumer. Fuck because and that's what I and that's what I thought. I just always wondered, and that's why I wanted to talk about this because I didn't know where to land with that, Like was it a disservice to not much? Because like when it is labeled sun grown. That is nice, but it is also nice because then it's like five dollars a gram, and you know what I mean. And you're getting that, like.
Speaker 1: I think we're talking two different things. You're talking about the brand retailer right now, I'm talking about the person growing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, no, no, no, no, I know. But but they also that's I know, I know, I know we do. That's what I was talking about both we've been That's why we kind of.
Speaker 1: I do think though products should say sun grown if it is sun grown, right, because like then you just want to know. But also, I mean, there's.
Speaker 2: Just less money goes into it.
Speaker 1: My buddy was telling me just U some outdoor bud this year that was very similar to indoor bud.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, because lights are so expensive, like it's so much cheaper on the sun grown side. That's just really why. And then like really out here, I don't know if it affects it as much, but when it's out there, I swear the buds like it kind of burned. They don't look all yellow and like because it's.
Speaker 1: So I don't think Vegas you can do outdoors.
Speaker 2: I swear we've seen sun ground out there because that was the only place I've ever seen Vegas.
Speaker 1: You gotta be that water bill must be insane because those are probably get watered consistently.
Speaker 2: It would be greenhouse. I guess sun grown.
Speaker 1: Greenhouse would be better. Yeah what I'm saying, I'm thinking. I'm thinking just like outside in the desert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, that's a lot of I don't know, man, I just said I've seen sun ground. So anyways, that's what I thought. I'm glad we talked about that because that's really what I thought about the consumer. Now, dispensaries, how how do you think they react to C October? Bad thing?
Speaker 1: Good thing? They grow the product. I think it's great because then they have, like you said, that's fair and vertically, Yeah, the cost or the cost is a lot cheaper because you're not paying for the tire electric bill and you can make you probably you might do processing with that, so maybe you save then your other indoor bud for market, so then you might be supplying more here than your processing. You know, I don't know, we don't.
Speaker 2: I've always looked at it as a bad thing for the dispensaries because everyone who's growing essentially, why would you need to go to dispo. You know, because your people who are growing outdoor are your neighbors, your friends, your caregivers. Everyone's got a little bit more surplus than normal, right right, So it's like I look at the dispensary as like, oh shit, we better have some deals going into October November Nomber.
Speaker 1: Consumers win on both sides of this, in every aspect on the retailer side. On this side, I mean everything we're saying to the consumer winner your own and you're right, there are going to be deals at these shops. And when you're having the deals at the shops, and that's that's wasn't dropped people. But I also want to make sure they'll like time that we're getting into that. We'll get it in a minute, that part, but like the back door stuff, like you don't want that?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, well well yeah, I'm just like Creptober as a whole. I've always looked as really bad for dispensaries, Like how does it.
Speaker 1: You usually think sales to clemb I also think a lot of people for Flower.
Speaker 2: I guess I should specify to this. Yeah, so I should specify this is for Flower because I don't think necessarily this affects robson and live resident because unless you're gonna make it, you're still going dispo you know what I mean. I just I guess this really does just affect flowers I talk about, and then the flower sales probably go down in the dispensaries. Oh that's true, because then it gets you can bring up to backdoor stuff. Now we just don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to jump through the grapevine. You always hear that like these some of these grows illegal girls not even like the metric companies will No.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense how people sell these prices one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: There's some type of weed laundering.
Speaker 2: You know, there are one hundred percent whether it's discilate's flowers, whatever, people are sneaking some shit off.
Speaker 1: The smorte because like you're you chop so much and you make it so and you make it you're getting so much bud because it's outdoor too, you're probably yielding bows, right, and then you make the distill it and then you're able to they siphon in back door Like was it ten thousand dollars cheap or twenty thousand dollars cheaper? Than what everyone's playing or something like that.
Speaker 2: And right now is the time. Well right now is also the time where that's gonna be harder to even know because if you're going on that's all outdoor. Oh that's why these numbers are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: The hell you gonna know everything's and everything's I mean, the way you see brands getting in trouble though, I mean.
Speaker 2: I know, but people still get away with it, will still get.
Speaker 1: The word.
Speaker 2: But like, but when you're talking about tagged, all this tag is the plant. It's not like, oh this is you know, you're just slowly sliphing and that much weight it is per playing. Then you just have a you have another grow that grows that exact same strain. You're like, oh, look like you know what I mean. And then this so it's even easier because it's just fucking distan. It just people just taking distant and just like, oh, here's more much.
Speaker 1: I produced so much because of the outdoor harvest, you're probably yielding double just like A.
Speaker 2: I can't. I don't know fingers do that, but you know, you know, ah that was better. I don't. I didn't think about it.
Speaker 1: To day on that one. Whoa yeah, thank god, I think you're gonna give yourself wrong applause or something like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's true, I fucked up. My point was that you're just kind of like sneaking some ship and that's all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing. I think that really is the most detrimental to like this, all of it, because it ruins and the ruins the market because that hurts the brands that are actually playing fair like, all the brands that are playing fair like even though Parkers, it hurts them because they're they're doing everything byloged and you got brands sneaking stuff in, dropping costs and everything that you just can't compete with.
Speaker 2: And that's not all brands, you know. And I just think this kind and again it again even negative affects the dispo because now bullshit's getting stuck in. So it's like, I feel like dispensaries really lose during Croptober, like heavily and not necessarily totally, not like they're losing money and closing. It's just that I think they kind of have to focus on the other products, you know what I mean, And THROW have really good deals for Flower but and this again and not I do have to bring up one more thing before we move on, though, because one second, it's just because not everyone grows that good a butt. So a lot of people are still going to the dispo because a lot of people just grow a shit ton of BUTD And I know multiple people who end up having pounds of it left over because at the end of the day they're just not smoking it that fast because it's not the best, you know, But sometimes it's all right, you know.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I agree. So I think that's what we're saying, though I forget much trying of thought. Yeah no, no, no, no, you're good. I want to remember it because it was something good, but gone, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sometimes that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes that's what we does, you know. Yeah, you smoke it the weed, that's what happens. Oh, speaking of weed. Uh, if you're listening, tomorrow is Halloween, Today's Devil's Night, Rangels, whatever you wanna call it nowadays. But we're going live uh seven o'clock. Check it out YouTube ig LinkedIn Twitter, Twitch We are live seven Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna do a little holloweeds stream, just kind of like a little fun thing. Hopefully the kiddos are done. If you got kids and you can then hop on real quick. But all right, you got your candy, go eat your canny, come outside and hit that hit that pen, and come hang out with us. Oh, because we figured the sun should be down, so seven seven.
Speaker 1: I don't know what time, kids go. We're having this debate before we see it. Yeah, we feel like we could have done eight. We could have done six, just like.
Speaker 2: People go right after work, I mean being in Michigan, like the sun's down by thirty and like I'm sure some of like the teenagers the height, like the high school of kids are like, let's go, let's we're gonna go get the big anymore. But I feel like some of the little kids, like what do they know? An hour or two is an hour or two? You know what I mean? Can't he does something when you go by yourself, like when we were in middle school, like when you mean like Chris would go like that was different because we were like being like dumb ass kids. But like you know, majority of kid and parents like we're not talking kids, so I don't give a shit, So I'm worried about the parents. And then if you're not, also if you don't go trigger treating, come smoke with us, you know what I mean. That's kind of advanced. That's that's our most of our market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll be going.
Speaker 2: We just know some of our listeners are.
Speaker 1: Parents celebrating Halloweed.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, it'd be fun nighttime stream. Yeah. Yeah. I just think the Croptober thing is always such a wild thing here because it's such a it's such a big thing. Everyone always talks about croptob or Croptober or Croptober, and like we've seen the past, oh go ahead.
Speaker 1: The thing with Croptober two is I don't know if everyone I don't know how much. Obviously a sales at retail because you were talking retail, but.
Speaker 2: We always see it at the.
Speaker 1: Right but also November December holiday season, people are buying product. But what I was gonna say was, like everyone's cropping different throughout October. You know what I'm saying, Summer cropping end of September, summer cropping beginning of October, middle of October. Intervecter just depends on the weather, really, you know what I'm saying, And like what you're forecasting out so maybe even if people are cropping all different times, and it's not like all that. No, not all the product comes to market at once, you know what I'm saying. But I'm thinking about it, like probably most of it would come in market at once, you know, because like realistically within time, it's probably I.
Speaker 2: Know what you're saying, by time, but like that's not always like a I mean someone's cropping different. Well, I just mean like that's not necessarily always how it works. Like how many times have we seen one thing like one, like you know, it's like, hey, this was tested a week ago. Sometimes it was tested eight months ago, but like yeah, and we also seen the thing where it's packaged like a week after. It's like, I don't really know. I think sometimes things get stopped or remediated or some bullshit or something to delay that because that's not always like a chop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious how much curious how that works because with the passing, I mean you got to make sure you pass all of which there's no mealy, no metals or nothing. You're just literally using probably using the rain water. Well, sometimes there's delays in step, is what I was saying about the flower testing product. As long as it doesn't as long as you dry and cure it properly and you don't have like the mold, you'd be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for most of it. I mean I think so, Like I guess my last thing I had was, how do you think this is going to affect the industry as a whole, like croptober does it? Does it really do anything? You know, think it does anything.
Speaker 1: I think it maybe just drops sales a little bit, But I mean it's just something that everyone expects to happen consistently. I mean, you are going to see that here in Michigan's tough market. You know, you have tons of growers. I don't want to see. I don't want to see it to affect all the brands. But I think the ones that like have their steady price points and know what they're producing with their flower and you know it, those are good to me. I feel like most of flower usually gets turned into like vapes or like edibles and process.
Speaker 2: That's what It's not always the best tasting, definitely doesn't always look the best. So I do think that indoor, but as it kind of has like a nice look to it, like a nice battle field. You don't do it outdoor much. But I think you're right, I do think, like you maybe it will drop that type of sales, like you'll see the prices go down or something like, you know, yeah, and and you might. But I don't even smoke.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't smoke, yeah, not often, so I mean, I don't know. I think Croptover is great overall. I just love it because.
Speaker 2: I just think sometimes when it hit, like especially being in the Midwest, like you have cropt Over, you have all these people basically pulling weed, and right around the holiday season, so people aren't necessarily buying a lot like of extra bullshit for themselves. So I just feel like it is for the next three months. It is always kind of like a slow time for the market in general, like and then especially with the Michigan well just with We've been looking at graphs, you know, from the years before, and it's always right around this time, it drops off for a little bit, goes back up. But the big thing, we already saw a drop off in things now, so I don't think it's all of a sudden gonna pop up now. I think, if anything, it's just kind of on a little bit of like a I think it's been on steady like climbed a little bit, climb little glit climb, drop a little bit, like up and down. So now I think we're just kind of seeing it settle for a little bit. I think people are just kind of like, oh no, and it's so competitive right now. It's tough.
Speaker 1: It's a competitive market, man.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of brands.
Speaker 1: A lot of brands, you know, croptober might might affect and that's what you just kind of continue pushing. But I don't. I think I think a lot of people would be fine. I just think what is affecting it is the price of the flower per pound. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, pretty much want to make it if you want it, like three hundred out people want three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: It's crazy where the price of pounds are. We're talking like you know, from back in the day being like four to five. It's it's like you have.
Speaker 1: One for thirty eight, Yeah, twenty two.
Speaker 2: That's a varying price weed. Like it's so crazy, and that's why like croptober, I feel like it does affect industry as a whole. But I think you're semi pretty right. I mean, I think in less unless you're I think maybe if I was only a flower brand and didn't have a disbo or by like only a pre roll brand, it didn't have a dispo, I think that's where I might you might see some effect because like, why would I only purchase you if I have brands that I work with that have multiple things where I can save money, you know what I mean? Like, I almost feel like that might be the only reason people that it might affect in the industry. And that's only because you know, you're not being competitive and having different markets, like different products. So I think that and they can't. I'm not saying anything bad about that. I just mean, like, why would you need that when there's not a surplus? When there's a surplus abud right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think I think the only thing that I don't I don't know about negative and I think it's all But.
Speaker 2: I think we're seeing a lot of people not just do one thing, you know, like not you know, you're seeing a lot of brands do multiple things, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, people.
Speaker 2: Start with flower brands, but a lot of people spread when start collabing and collabbing, I think it's just kind of to keep air.
Speaker 1: Oh, clubs are huge, and I think.
Speaker 2: I know, you see everyone's brand everywhere pretty.
Speaker 1: Much, you know, yep, yeah, I don't know. It's I can't believe. It's kind of October. Do we got two months left of the year, so it's holloween. Yeah, spooky. I watched a lot of scary movies.
Speaker 2: I haven't, I haven't, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, you see they're coming out with the new Fear Street next year.
Speaker 2: Pretty sweet? Yeah, sorry, was over. But maybe they're doing like another chat like another and it's another book. Yeah, the trilogy.
Speaker 1: No, it looked like just one. Maybe it's a trick.
Speaker 2: It was a trick.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but one was a trilogy. But looks like they're just coming off of one off because I think they're based they're based off of books. I'm not mistaken Fear Street, like if you google, I believe they're off based off of books. I think coming out the book, yeah, movie, and I was like, oh, sick. Twenty twenty five. I saw it and I was like, oh, this come out this year. Fucking Netflix is twenty twenty five and small and like the fucking thing.
Speaker 2: With how they do it. I was like, still waiting on strange your things? Man, where's that Netflix? Get it together next year? God damn covid delang on.
Speaker 1: You got what's it called coming out though squid Games in December? Yeah, my god, Oh I know that's coming to talk about real quick. Man. This is not cannabis related at all.
Speaker 2: But oh god, it's not even sports related. Oh god.
Speaker 1: Did you know little Dirk the Rapper?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you hear he.
Speaker 1: Got murder for hire?
Speaker 2: Yep? I mean, yeah, no, shit, he just which is crazy because like murder for higher means, he hired someone. Yeah, so if he hired to get someone murdered, that's not that jockey. We'll talk about that all the time.
Speaker 1: His boy King Vaughan got shot up and killed in twenty twenty I think, and then allegedly he set up someone to kill Kwando Rondo's like, was set up to kill Kwando Rondo, but I guess killed his cousin or something along that after blanket on his name. I actually pulled this article up because it's crazy because little Dirk got I listened to some of his his raps. I believe he just got the key to the city somewhere too, like in Chicago, because he's from Chicago, and I think they're taking it back right like literally got it last week. And dude, he was trying to fly to Italy, Switzerland or Dubai like right before they rested him the hell out of here. Yeah, that extradition process. And if I read correctly, supposedly one of his guys from OTF only the family was ratting on him more like a chain for two years or something. I was reading.
Speaker 2: I got I was chained. You mean a wire? Yeah, but I was gonna say a chain the changing but he had a yeah, but you said it or a chain that wasn't exact. I knew what you were trying to say, but that's not You're just listening to audio that didn't make sense. So I know he had a wire pretty much. He's wearing a mic. Yeah, isn't it fucking in your chain? That's a rat. That's a chain for a rat. It's a gold plate a rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I pulled up. I was trying to find it before the episode.
Speaker 2: Man, that's pretty messed up. You know, date Canna Dave here with the updates on Dirk. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I was like, I listened to his music and no ship. Well murder for here, and I guess I guess he said. He was saying, like, don't put it on, don't call me off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, but I mean raptors talk about like I mean think Kevin Gates said, like he's like big Gates just put an order. Why sip in M coffee had a Starbucks or whatever? He says, like, dude, like people talk about this shit all the time. I know, I know it was just a pri you got caught, Like how do you get caught? Hey, please murder this guy. Like that's not something you should ever say in text, Like when the Indian like they probably tracked him. Oh you said for years that.
Speaker 1: Well I'm trying to find it. But this is wild oh random top right here? Hold Yeah, I know I wanted to bring it up because like it was interesting. So uh so Jam was convicted of shooting in twenty ten. This is one of like Dirk's affiliates was asked to serve the minimal twelve years. He was complete released in February twenty two. The multiple Stitchy allegations were poorly service after court indictment suggesting a member from Dirk's record label had been cooperaing with the Threads for several years. In Los Angeles. They show a photo of the guy. I'm on a sports kida dot com and of course it's sports Dirk gave him. He poorly served a twelve year sentence in prison and came home and then got booked shortly on a gun right a gone right after allegedly Dirt gave him fifty K as a homecoming gift for coming home. Wow, damn, I was trying to find that the chain, but yeah, I'm pretty sure he was wearing a chain around Dirt And like, dude, that's like you're just rocking a chain and it's like literally taping. You're like, damn, damn. You know what I'm saying, Man, crazy, crazy?
Speaker 2: I watch out who you hang out with? Watching watching watch looking at a microphone. It's glass I got. We literally have microphones everywhere. You think this is where I'm gonna put it. But that was that was just like talk louder towards my phone.
Speaker 1: I saw, So I wanted to bring that up like that was just like what.
Speaker 2: No, but hey, but just kind of why we're pivoting to something random. I do want to talk about some of the events We've been at some events I did some of the events you know, you know, events that are coming up, just events in general. So last week we were at Metric Mash.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was dope. Shout out to Michigan mat for throwing that. That's I g that's like.
Speaker 2: First name.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: No, I'm pretty sure. It was cool being back at the hot Box Social kind of weird like memories because like that was like if you didn't know how Box Social was the first well the first one in this area Metro Detroit area, a consumption longe the Metrotroit area that kind of went through a time of like it was open, it was closed, it wasn't open to the public. Now it's open to the public. Two days now it's closed and it's rent for only. Now it's like just a space you can go rent at. So it was like kind of like cool to be back there, you know what I mean for a cannabis event, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the space, I like the space that's a chill spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well you got that indoor outdoor flow that kind of works for like the vibe there. You can eat indoor you can smoke outdoor.
Speaker 1: Then you got the area with the tables for the kitchen, I mean for food and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's set up well. And then you got that side room people who want to get a little quieter away from all the noise. Right, it's kind of built for a space, and I think it was like perfect venue for that size of event, you know what I mean, really cool people were giving out pre rolls and smoking stuff. There was a seven to ten dad bar. Yeah, there was giving out some donuts there for a little bit. Superb gave out some stuff. The Shadows gave me a cart.
Speaker 1: Thank you on that appreciate the car to declare, I do want to say that ship was good.
Speaker 2: That takes Yeah, that was foods. That hymen yeah, I mean something, Yeah, that was unique. I still don't I still want to find a hymen. If you're listening, I want to know what the hell frigid cure. Well, I'm curious what the difference is, and like you know, and then you put a gramdmar flower and a half grammaras I'm like, come on the buck. I like the way you do. It was like, I like the way you do. That's the Four Brothers reference if you get that with you, it's such a classic. I watched that whatever I's like, was I going with that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Great event? It was fun, Like I said, dad, bar there was food, wasn't donuts?
Speaker 1: Chocolate that chocolate like found thing that was Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was like cracks around. You know, a lot of network people will be networking smoking.
Speaker 1: It's always great networking, but smoking weed and shots every that we ran into and then we talked to We appreciate everyone coming up to us, meeting us for the first time. Thank you because we staying on the podcast all time. If you see us, come stay hi. Because coffee.
Speaker 2: That coffee was really good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that expressed a doubleps.
Speaker 2: And put pistachio mocha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just went double about it. Forget that coffee is really good. Who is it? I'm blinking right now because we've had it. That's like the second time the coffee.
Speaker 2: The poorhouse, I think, poor a p o. You are poor, poor the house poor. Remember, Yeah, that was good stuff. That's good stuff. I can't remember. That might be wrong, but anyway, good event. That was really fun. Yeah, awesome. And then the next day I was at I did a gig at the Grassy Knowle and the Skeigan event place right next door, which is awesome because I mean when I say right next door, I mean like if you can walk there like feet like it's it's literally the one separated, separated line. So you could go on the disco, get some stuff and walk out. And then there was also people giving out some stuff. You know, there's vendors and stuff, and there was like art vendors and there was like a big tent, you know, lights. I was a was a sponsor there. Floss I'm trying to I'm blanking on something other wants right now. But there was a bunch of like vendors and stuff. It was cool vibe. You know. I love when you mix E D M and and like you know and bakes the cannabis. But you know what, it felt like it was like a mini Cure Cup or like Siso right Like it didn't it wasn't like obviously that size you know, definitely not a size to see so but like you know, but you know, big Cloud is quite as big as Siso, you know, but it felt like almost like a mini big Cloud And that was really cool because you could just like bring it on ship. They had like carpets, there was like life painting. You know, it was fun. You know, there was fires. Yeah, but it wasn't so bad where I mean, I'll be honest, even when I've been to outdoor events, like I've been to like outdoor events in like April and it's been colder, like you just don't know a Michigan even look at Big Fan a few weeks ago or three weeks ago. Oh no, I know, but like it was seventy degrees every day in the beginning. I know, but in the beginning in October, it's like this every day, like you're just gambling. You never know what the temperature every went in October just goes outside.
Speaker 1: Was like I know, and now we're twenty nine days in the month and it's still funing.
Speaker 2: Was seventy something. That was crazy.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, roll with it, come on, give me November.
Speaker 2: Keep it coming, please, please.
Speaker 1: Dog honestly, keep it coming, keep it coming. I didn't mean to cut you off, man, I'm like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's all cool, man, No, no, it's all saying. So events was really cool. There was a couple of cold cannabis events this week. We I didn't make it obviously because I was busy with the gigs and stuff, but there was also I had a gay the week before, but there was also James Jencks I heard that was cool. So and then the big one that we're kind of looking forward to right now because nothing people slowed down in November. But guess what, it's com there's com always a challenge just because it's a long week in the desert.
Speaker 1: And looking forward to it time it's always great. I mean, that's where we meet a lot tons of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh it's a lot of fun. It's just exhausting because it's a lot of living in a week. I mean, it's my favorite style of life where it's just NonStop.
Speaker 1: I love that shit your social batter or your drains. Oh yeah, you're like by the end of it, don't even speak to each other.
Speaker 2: I mean, but honestly, by the end of each day, we're kind of just like eating and taking naps, and then like after the nap, we're like, all right, now, let's to check get back to because you got to kind of take breaks, you got to have your alone time. But we're still together, you know what I mean. So the Loane time I've realized is just like even for me, like because I'm always I'm a social caite. I love talking, But even for me, I realized, all right, we just gotta.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I'm like Bronie in like five minutes.
Speaker 2: But we But but it's a lot, it's a lot. It's overwhelming, and.
Speaker 1: Then like I'm looking forward to it though. I'm curious what we'll have next year out there, and we talked about it briefly with the Tech and Culture episode we have were talking about tech. I'm curious what what's new?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to see I'm really I you know, one thing, I'm gonna say it now, I really would like if we see any boost with static tech, I'd love to talk to him, even if they don't do an interview. I just want to know what it is. Take the information here because that's something that we've heard and like just new things moving forward. You know, we've heard of the terpene scented bags, We've heard of all these products that have been around for a while. I want to see the new shit. I want to see remediation with like no chemicals, you know what I mean, Like I want to see something like revolutionary. So hopefully but this is the place you see it. This is where everyone launches everything, you know, and it's perfect because you're basically teasing going to next year, so it's perfect time to sels. People are lining up what they're spending, finalizing spends, so everyone's basically lining up sales for the new year. Like it's just a good way to do it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot. It's like the whole industry shows up. There's people from all sectors. It's it's very beneficial.
Speaker 2: It always feels good a rep Michigan because like it's not you know, you know, last year we felt like we ran into a lot of Michigan people. But like, you know, it's not always like that, you know, I mean yeah no, no, yeah no, Michigen's got taken over, I think more and more, but it's still like you you forget, at least for me, and like everyone, like in the industry, it's like you think that like, oh, this is this is When you go to a cannabis event here, you're like, all right, this is everyone in the market, right, because it is that's your Michigan market. But then you go to biskind and you're like, oh shit, we're this small market.
Speaker 1: And retrospect, and there's like fifty states and then you got people coming from exactly know, you're absolutely right. The international countries going legal like Germany went legal, Ireland actually looking at going legal. Not serious. I've had to send it to you.
Speaker 2: Uh, I know they've been talking about it. Let's go, you know, and as as soon as that happens, more and more European countries are gonna go legal. I wouldn't be surprised if Italy's legal in like eight six years from now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm say. They're ready to have the hemp and stuff. So yeah, it's going to continue to expand send me joint perfect, canness send me joint?
Speaker 2: I am down a pint of Guinness in me joint.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, let's go. I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I'm with it like all alcohol, but me and Guinness have a special relationship.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: I just That's that's all I say about me. I'll do like me, Aguinness man, especially a draft man. Took Dave out for one yesterday. Actually it doesn't always have a Dave out.
Speaker 1: No, we did. We did a shot. What was that chicken place we had?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. We don't know if I want to give this place because this is like my own secret. We'll to have them and be a chicken sandwich Moor. I like you. I love that place. Shout shout out Penny Reds No no good chicken. It's a whole if you hitting gym. Because like pickles, it's like connected to a bar and rest. It's like a connected to a bar. It's more of like a like a I don't horrible explaining this too. It's almost like it's connected by like a little tiny doorway, right. But then it's like kind of like just kind of like an order an order out type place, order out and go, like there's nowhere you can sit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally ordered to go.
Speaker 2: But it's connected to a sports bar. So during the week you can like sit down in the sports bar. But like when it's busy, they're like, you know, you can order your chicken.
Speaker 1: Get the classic sandwich if you don't even need to add extra pickle or nothing. And it comes with so much pickle. Off surprised.
Speaker 2: That's a big thing for day. Today's a pickle guy.
Speaker 1: And I am.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: It's also a great high snack man. It's so good. But and then also get the buttered.
Speaker 2: Uh, the biscuits, but get them dipped. Have to get them. That's the one. The first time I got him, I wasn't there and I have the same It wasn't that bad. I'm like, oh, it's okay, a little dry. He's like, oh yeah, you should got dipped. I'm like what now, Yeah, we get him dipped. I'm like, oh wow. I mean they gave me a little honey, you know, and put on it. But like man, they were like I'm drilling. I'm like, go get this podcast is over that right? No, that was really good.
Speaker 1: That's actually good time man Glass Week, you know that movie. We didn't don't work or nothing. We were friends. I mean we were we did.
Speaker 2: We always talk. It's not this style work where we both have our computers open and it's work work.
Speaker 1: My brain's pro always working. So if you mean me no ship, I know, I know. And that's what we're doing the holloween Street because.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just called it I'm sick. I don't really don't, but sometimes I want to the new phone.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why Saturday when I tapped out because I was not feeling well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave was actually sick. But that's why we're doing the Halloween stream, you know. And then the thing is like even if we do, like shit happens, life happens, he's sick, the internet fails, I've lost power before we go and stream like life just kind of happens. Like we just kind of make them up and do nighttime fun streams. But otherwise catch us Wake a Bake, nine a m e s t every Saturday, new podcasts every four twenty on Wednesday est as well. Again, things happen. We might read your rebroadcast things, you know, we might you know, dismiss the thing here there, but like we stay consistent as hell. They would not let me not. We be doing bi weekly stream every other week and every other week of podcasts.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: We've been doing this for so long. It's just part of my routine at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but just fits in any Yeah, give the shout out to the partners.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, of course, Yeah, I can give a shout out to him. Shout out to Old Score Organics. I love when I see our partners collab. Old School Organics love their sugar cones. They collab with Old Cannabis who did the Live resident. I really enjoyed that we got kinship. Shout our kinship with the Terpenes Thrive, High nine and Drink where you can order them off fift these states, Mike can of fifteen fifty percent off. But it's really cool because things to HEMP Billy can one of them wherever. And then also shout out to Campus Workers Resource because they're doing great things trying to get ahead of the union stuff as cannabis cross in Michigan. Great people employ your state space. Yeah so any and he also, if you're ever looking to come on the podcast we have, we're behind like crazy, but if you want to partner with us, you know, hit us up. We're always opening conversations you ever, and if you're also just listening on the listening end, just hit us up in the DMZ have questions, you know.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening on Spotify, Apple, please give us a five star review as well too. I greatly appreciate that that helps boost our podcasts up and passes on to other people who had similar interests as you, So please give us a five star super easy, And if you're not following us on our other socials, please head over and follow us on other socials because you get different content everywhere. You see a lot of clips. You get to engage with a lot of the community. If you're on ig YouTube, the lives are amazing, but you get to see the full video on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we appreciate it, and like, obviously this is to the new person, but if you've been listening for a while, you've always been hearing the mi CC studios kind of evolution and my cannon cast still be in the podcast. We big, So it's just kind of there's a lot of stuff that we're popping off and doing. And then like I'm always busy with the music stuff and just life in general. But groovy music to EA's no wise everywhere. If you're into like saxophone, I play quitar live and then I do or live sacks live, guitar over like a DJ set. I do bass music ranging from like soulful stuff to funky stuff to heavy stuff like wherever I'm crushing over the place. Like if you've been listening to podcast and then Canadave, check out Candadave everywhere. Uh shadow band like a motherfucker everywhere, So go support Actually yeah, but your name is he is candidate but yeah, I think that at should change. We've been talking about that just because can I gets.
Speaker 1: Out you're thinking, just Dave, it's stupid.
Speaker 2: It's just stupid. That's even better. And I was gonna but no, yeah, I know, go support him, check out his weed stuff, like you know one you know humble, but always want to shout him off for winning the Hashbash Cup this year, this past year, and then last year he placed at their Game Cup. So just you know, we're trying to do things that were also personal life that we bring unique perspectives than just like two dudes trying to be like, oh I like weed, Like yeah, no shit, we all love weed, so like we tart to bring our unique kind of.
Speaker 1: Like lives to it and love the ganga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's affected us and changed our lives. So sure, like a lot of you. So yeah, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: Man, you pretty much said everything I was going to say, and so I don't have anything else to say, but other than tune into Saturday nine am Eastern if you are available tomorrow for Halloween. Tuned in at seven eastern pm PM nine am in the morning on Saturday, and as always Groovy we here to advocate educate and inspire the thanks of mail Yes,