Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm going Easy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: We are going to introduce to Cole Davis, who is had some late information. There's been a plane crash, a collision between a plane apparently flying in from Wichita, Kansas to Reagan National Airport with a Sequorsky helicopter. Nicole, I know you've been following this for a few minutes. It's apparently could sometimes shortly after nine o'clock. Tell us what information have you been able to gather? And thanks very much for being there tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, happy to be here, Dan, and yeah, this happened about an hour ago. Going to get right into it first with the statement from the FAA. This is what we know. They say a PSA Airlines Bombardier CRJ seven hundred regional jet collided in mid air with a Sikorski H sixty helicopter. We know these is Blackhawks while on approach to runway thirty three at Reagan Washington National Airport around nine pm local time. This plane was operating as flight fifth fifty three forty two for American Airlines. As you just mentioned, it did depart from Wichitah. It was landing at Reagan Airport now as many seventy passengers can be carried on this kind of plane. Reports that I'm seeing say about sixty people were on board. We don't know who was on the helicopter, which agency was operating this. We do know that fireboats and helicopters, agencies like DC Fire, the US Park Police, Metropolitan Police are all on scene. Right now. There is a ground stop at Reagan. No flight's coming or going right now. The terminals are open, but nothing is happening. And you know, Dan, of course, we want to know casualties, but so far we have no information coming from any agency on this, so we certainly don't want to speculate. There's just a lot going on here. But yeah, this is a pretty serious situation in the nation's capital.
Speaker 2: Well, horrible conditions obviously at night on the river there of the Potomac River runs alongside the airport. I've seen pictures of the Potomac. Reminds me of that horrible place crash in January of nineteen eighty two, the Boing seven thirty seven, that that was a daytime plane crash that just basically was of Air Florida flight that just never got up. Really off the ground is up in the air, just temporarily before it crashed into the fourteenth Street bridge. So you have cold weather, cold water. It's got to be a tough situation there tonight. I have flown in and out of the Wichita Airport. It is a very small regional airport, although it's obviously an airport in the capital city of Kansas, very small. And just to think that people were flying on the plane, why there would be a helicopter operating in that area with you know, air traffic controlers. There's so many questions to hold that I know we don't have the answers for, but I think all of us can just say a prayer to night for the people who might might be at this point struck me to stay alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely. And I've flown into an out of Reagan a few times. That descent into Reagan. There's not a lot of space to work with there. The airspace is very limited, as you can imagine. It's right there by the nation's capital, by the Capitol Building, by the White House, by the Washington Monument, and so you really have to be very very particular about landing at Reagan Airport and you know, it's just it's just such a tragedy that I'm watching this video. I mean, obviously, like you said, it's nighttime here and it's very cold out and there are I'm counting dozens of boats in the river and helicopters and just really hoping that these people can all get out and be treated and that this turns out to be okay. But this is definitely something we're going to have to keep an eye on tonight.
Speaker 2: This will be something that as the information comes out. It tend these tend not to get better as the evening goes on, So we'll try to keep an eye on and we'll take some special network reports at the bottom of the hour, that is for sure, and again keep folks who are either in the water at this point in our thoughts and prayers, because I just don't know how you can even run a rescue mission at this time of night.
Speaker 3: This they're trying, they're really trying.
Speaker 2: Were well, sure, absolutely, I'm sure it's all hands on deck. So I don't know if you remember that crash in nineteen eighty two, there was a there were some heroes. That fourteenth Street Bridge is named after a gentleman who kind of stayed and continued in the water saving the lives of other people. So let's hope there are some lives that are saved tonight. Thanks Nicole, appreciated so much. Of course, tough story. These are not the stories that anyone likes to report on, and Nicole is the absolute pro. We talked during the newscast and we agreed to do something on this. Again, it's just horrible story, a horrible story. We intended this hour and we will have updates as the evening goes on. I assure you. The big story, ironically out of Washington today was the appearance of Robert F. Kennedy at his Senate confirmation hearings to become the Secretary of Health and Human Services. And this this was one that really got pretty feisty today. I would say, of all of the cabinet confirmation hearings so far, this is certainly was the most testy and matter of fact, our senior senator from Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, got into it with Robert Kennedy. It's interesting Bobby Kennedy, who has has taken some interesting positions in his career, was running for president. As I think everyone remembers at this time last year, And at this time last year he actually was showing in the polls twelve percent. There were some polls that had him a little higher than that. Uh. And then and when his popularity dropped off, and I think it was probably a function of money drying up, and the focus became on the fell on the debate between President Trump, you know, and well at that time former President Trump in late June and President Biden, and President Biden performed so horribly and and then the Democrats decided that Joe Biden would not be the party stand bearer. The standbearer for the party stand bearer, Bobby Kennedy's numbers dropped, and shortly thereafter he cast an alliance with Donald Trump. And today was facing questions from senators, and it was it was a tough day for everyone. Again, the Republicans have a fifty three to forty seven advantage in the US Senate. There have been now six or so of President Trump's cabinet selections who were fairly easily approved by the Senate. The one was the Defense Secretary, in which they had to be a tie vote that Vice President Vance cast the deciding vote. But this is a little bit of the testimony and then some of the back and forth, and it got a little silly at different times. But this is OURFK. Just for those of you who didn't get a chance to watch the hearings today, cut numbered nineteen, please were up cut nineteen.
Speaker 4: When I launched my camp man, it was about uniting America and Democrats and Republicans. There's no issue that she's united it more than this chronic health epidemic. There's no such thing as Republican children or Democratic children. These are our kids. Sixty percent of them are damaged. I know what a healthy get looks like because I had so many of them in my family. I didn't know anybody with a food allergy, growing pen allergy. Why do five of my kids have allergies? Why are we seeing these explosions and diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, neurological diseases, depression, all these things that are related.
Speaker 1: To toxic environment.
Speaker 4: Why can't we just agree with each other the pot differences about so many issues, intractable issues, aside as a we're.
Speaker 5: Going to end this.
Speaker 2: So that was sort of the appeal, but that he knew that there were a lot of Democrats on that panel today who were very much post to him, And I think part of it has to do with the fact that he comes from the Kennedy family and there's no well, there's no unanimity of support for him with the Kennedy family. There's a lot of people figures, including his cousin Caroline Kennedy, who said some tough things about him yesterday. As a matter of fact, I have a couple of the sound bites this is the daughter of President Kennedy just going after him, in which she pulls back, no holds back on, no punches at all. Let's go to cut twenty seven. B is in Boston. Please Rob Today.
Speaker 6: While he may encourage a younger generation to attend AA meetings, Bobby is addicted to attention and power. Bobby prays on the desperation of parents of sick children, vaccinating his own kids while building a following hypocritically discouraging other parents from vaccinating theirs even before he fills this job. His constant denigration of our healthcare system and the conspiratorial half truths he's told about vaccines, including in connection with Samoa's deadly twenty nineteen outbreak of measles have cost lives.
Speaker 2: Earlier. Just a little bit before that, she used language which was well, she basically calls him a predator. Listen to this. This is cut twenty seven.
Speaker 6: I've known Bobby my whole life. We grew up together. It's no surprise that he keeps birds of prey as pets because Bobby himself is a predator. He's always been charismatic, able to attract others through the strength of his personality, his willingness to take risks and break the rules. I watched his younger brothers and cousins follow him down the path of drug addiction. His basement, his garage, his dorm room were always the center of the action where drugs were available, and he enjoyed showing off how he put baby chickens and mice in a blender to feed to his hawks. It was often a perverse scene of despair and violence.
Speaker 2: So this was a statement that Caroline Kennedy released yesterday on the eve of the date, the night before the Senate confirmation hearings. I don't know if he's going to be confirmed. It seems as if the Republicans, with the exception maybe of one, were pretty solidly behind him. And again they do enjoy that advantage. But I'd love to get reaction to his nomination.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 2: A nomination that is not what most nominations involved. This is Donald Trump nominating the son of Robert F. Kennedy, the Senator Robert F. Kennedy who when when when Trump was a young man, Robert F. Kennedy was this senator from from the state in which Donald Trump lived, and now Trump is president. Trump has nominated Senator Kennedy's son to lead Health and Human Service, which is probably outside of Defense Secretary and Attorney General, the most important position in any president's cabinet that I can think of. So I want to get your reaction to what Bobby Kennedy had to say today. We'll play some of the There were some absurd moments when Bernie Sanders uh and Elizabeth Warren were literally in shouting matches with Kennedy. Let's we'll open up phone line six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We will also try to keep our eye on this this this plane crash in Washington, d c. U as the as the evening where is on. So feel free to join the conversation. We are going to talk politics for a little while back on Nightside right after this. You have the numbers six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nights Think Studios on w b Z, the news radio.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be taking a special report from ABC News in about four or five minutes. But first let me go to Jim on the Cape talking about the Kennedy Junior Senate confirmation hearing today. You get a chance to watch much of that today, Jim.
Speaker 8: Oh, my goodness, I was eating it with a spoon. I love it when democrats. I love it when democrats eat each other up. It's unvest So you believe the only two, the only two people in the cabinet that the Democrats want to get rid of our Democrats, Telsey Gabbard and Robert Kennedy. They were Democrats. And you can't make this up. And by the way, Carolyn Kennedy's letter, I grew up in the Cape with the Kennedys. You can take that letter and insert any name of the Kennedy family in that letter, and it would be true of all of them.
Speaker 2: Well Kennedy the Kennedy pool in the summertime, which notice the let's leave the uh, let's leave the dead out of this.
Speaker 8: What Let's show back to Elizabeth Warren. Elizabeth Warren is accusing Bobby Kennedy and telling him to not sue the pharmaceutical companies. Elizabeth Warren got five point two million dollars from the pharmaceutical companies. No wonder she doesn't want him to sue them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so that was an interesting exchange today as well. I thought, just going back to the Caroline Kennedy, uh if she she did this videotape which was extraordinary. Uh us she used the term, she used the term predator, predators.
Speaker 8: Their whole their whole family as predators. That's the hilarious part about it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no, that I know some members of the Kennedy family don't know them well. Uh Joe Kennedy, the former congressman, the son of the older congressman. Uh, the young fellow who who ran against for the Senate against Ed Markey, an absolute gentleman. Well that's fine, great, great, I just want I don't want yo. Look, we can have some fun with this, but we gotta we gotta, we gotta control ourselves a little bit. Jim.
Speaker 5: Okay, uh, what you seven hundred kids?
Speaker 8: One of them is gonna be pretty good. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: They don't have that, Jim.
Speaker 5: No, he was it was.
Speaker 8: They were brutal to him. They were nasty. He's handled himself perfectly. And here's the problem. Eighty so many people love the Kennedy's. The Democrats would be fools. He's gonna get through, no problem.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's gonna be close. I don't think he's gonna get too many. I can't. I didn't see any Democrat on that panel today who had any interest of even having a conversation with him. They basically asked him questions, which which with a form of about a four or five minute statement. They had five minutes to question him, and they were demanding yes and no answers to questions that no one but a fool would answer either yes or no.
Speaker 5: I mean, and you have to put sim in the game.
Speaker 8: It's a game. An't you seeing the full game here? It's it's it's it's a full game. All the Republicans are going to vote for he's going to get in with just Republican votes only, as well many of the picks that Donald Trump has due to their Trump derangement syndrome. Here, Donald Trump is trying to be bipartisan, have a couple of Democrats and this and his cabinet, and the Democrats are losing their mind over it.
Speaker 2: Well, what you know is, Jim, you know as well as I do, that the Democrats on that panel view Robert Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Junior and Telsea gabbartt as apostates. They look at them as people who have deserted the Democratic Party, and they they dislike Kennedy and Gabbard more than they just they dislike Senator Cotton and Ted Cruz.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 8: The good analogy is Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzger of the Republicans. They are apostates the Republican parts. It's the same. Oh, absolutely, this is all and you know this is all show Dan, this is all for ratings. And look at me and my constituents. I'm gonna stick Mazi Herono. Ohly god, does she have the IQ of a coconut?
Speaker 2: Or I gotta be honest with you. I gotta be honest with you. There are a lot of members the United States Senator who you look at them and you say, how could citizens of America in a specific state conclude that that person is the most qualified. But you look at Maizie Horano and she sets the standard.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know as Joe Biden look like, look Ed Markey's lots moreter than mazing.
Speaker 2: It's not even close. You know, you may not like Ed Marky, particularly because you're in Massachusetts, but uh no, Ed Markey knows what issues and he and he beat Joe Kennedy and that in that prime. Look, we got to break away here. I've it's been an interesting call. You need you need to call more off and we got to get on this plane crash down in Florida, Jim. So I'll let you go for now and we'll get back to you later on. If folks, we want to talk about the Robin F. Kennedy hearing today, we will talk about that right after this special report coming to us from Washington, d C. From ABC News on the plane crash that has taking place tonight outside of Recan National Airport.
Speaker 1: With Dan Ray Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: So we are keeping an eye on the developments down in Washington. There's some reports now that there have been some survivors on this plane. Again, all his information is very sketchy, very sketchy. It was a plane coming in from Wichita, Kansas to National Airport in Washington, d C. That's probably about seventeen eighteen hundred miles, fairly long trip but probably pretty uneventful. And it is crashed collided with a black Hawk helicopter apparently US military helicopter, as this plane was on approach to Reagan National Airport in Washington. So we can only follow that and we will have you know, late news on this throughout throughout the night here on Night Side. But I'd like to talk about the hearing today in Washington. So you have Robert F. Kennedy Junior, one of the heroes of the Democratic Party whose life sadly was cut short by the assassin's bullet of the night that he had won the California primary in June of nineteen sixty eight, passed away the next day. Ironically, last night we had talked about the decision by President Trump to release all of the information in possession of the government about the assassinations of John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King. So today Robert Kennedy appears in Washington at his one of the Senate committees that he will be hearing that we'll hear from him. This is the US Senate Finance Committee. And they were on that committee, amongst others, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, and it got a little heated. This is Bernie Sanders. He's basically talking all of you know what onesies are. Those are the little kind of like you know, one piece almost looked like one piece bathing suits that babies infants wear, and you can on those, of course, buy them in a variety of different places. And apparently some of them were being sold by a company that Kennedy founded, no longer has control over the company. And there was some sayings on the company dealing with vaccinations or not to vaccinate, and Bernie Sanders was using pictures of these onesies as and with an anti VAXX message in an effort to embarrass Kennedy, and Kennedy would have none of it. And let's listen. This is about a minute exchange, a little bit more than a minute between Bernie Sanders, Senator from Vermont and RFK Junior cut twenty three rub.
Speaker 9: They are selling what's called onesies. These are little things clothing for babies. One of them is diled on facts unafraid. Next one of the sould for twenty six bucks a piece. By the way, next one is no vax No problem.
Speaker 10: Now you're coming before this committee and you say you are pro vaccine, just want to ask some questions, and yet your organization is making money selling a child's product to parents for twenty six bucks, which cast fundamental.
Speaker 9: Doubt on ut on the usefulness of vaccines. Can you tell us now that you will, now that you are pro vaccine, that you're.
Speaker 10: Going to have your organization take these products off the market.
Speaker 4: Senator, I have no power over that organization, not you hard of it, resigned from the board that was.
Speaker 1: Just a few months ago. You founded that you certainly have power you could make that. How are you supportive of this?
Speaker 4: I have had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: You supportive of these onesies?
Speaker 4: I'm supportive of vaccines.
Speaker 2: Are you supportive of these.
Speaker 10: This clothing which is militantly anti vaccines?
Speaker 4: I am supportive of vaccines. Well, I want good science and I want to PreTect.
Speaker 9: But you will not tell the organization you founded not to continue selling that product.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mischi.
Speaker 2: One of the great quotes from Washington, DC. Can you tell us if you support the onesies and as bad as Bernie Sanders was? And I thought that was, I mean, just stupid, stupid. Ask him questions if you want. But this is an organization that Kennedy apparently no longer is a part of. He may have founded the organizations. The organization happens to have a point of view about vaccines that Bernie Sanders disagrees with, which is fine, Which is fine. In the old days, it would have been people on Bernie Sanders' side of isle who would be skeptical about anything the government was going to try to sticking to your arms. But now because it was it was being done under a democratic presidency. It's just so interesting. Elizabeth Warren, I mean, this is an exchange that I think borders on insanity from the senior senator from Massachusetts. And I've never heard her more flustered, heard her flustered many times, and it's almost as if she's in over her head. This has cut number twenty five a listen carefully, folks, to this one.
Speaker 7: And I'm asking you to commit right now that you will not take a financial stake in every one of those lawsuits, so that what you do as secretary will also benefit you financially down the line.
Speaker 4: I'll go with all the ethical gods, that's not the question.
Speaker 7: You and I.
Speaker 2: You have seen your You're asking vaccine.
Speaker 4: Company h you are, That's exactly right you're doing.
Speaker 7: He Look, no one should be fooled here, trom of HHS. Robert Kennedy will have the power to undercut vaccines and vaccine manufacturing across our country. And for all of his talk about follow the science and his promise that he won't interfere with those of us who want to vaccinate his kids, the bottom line is the same. Kennedy can kill off access to vaccines and make millions.
Speaker 2: Of dollars while he does it.
Speaker 7: Kids might die, but Robert Kennedy can keep cashing in.
Speaker 2: So we have Massachusetts Senior Senator Elizabeth Warren eviscerating or attempting to eviserate. Didn't particularly do a great job, as far as I'm concerned. Robert F. Kennedy, the nephew of Edward Kennedy, whose seat was once held by Ted Kennedy. I mean, it's it's it's just fascinating. Now. Kennedy is a controversial figure. He has said some things that have raised people's eyebrows, but he's a nominee from a candidate that's just won the presidency. He has some concerns over American diets and what we're ingesting. He is no friend of big food corporations. He's looking to eliminate a lot of the food additives that, as I understand it, sometimes are the things that really hook people onto the foot, onto particular food red dye. I do not know as much about this issue as the senators that I hope were questioning today questioning him today, nor the candidate, the nominee himself. But it seems to me that the squabble that has gone on today and they were frustrated that he was not answering their yes and no questions, it was a pathetic performance by the United States senators. It seems to me for Bernie Sanders to be up there yelling about a message that was on a onesie, I mean, it doesn't get any funnier than that. I would hope that Saturday Night Live was watching both of them, and in terms of Warren, who just seemed to want to scream at Robert F. Kennedy Junior. Now, again, they have staff. They could have had a series of questions which could have been posed, and they could have set it up and said, mister Kennedy would like to ask you some questions. And there was some effort by some of the Democrats to say, you said this at this date, do you stand by that statement? And we would ask you to limit your answer to know more than a minute because all of these but they would ask questions will go on three or four minutes. And it clearly, it clearly was not an effort or an exercise to elicit information about this nominee. The minds were made up. Now, look, I do not believe that the fact that Robert F. Kennedy comes from a family of a line of Democrats, including his father who was assassinated, but he has his family members turning on him. I mean Carolyn Kennedy calling him a predator today. Look, I don't know Bobby Kennedy. I've never met Bobby Kennedy. I've thought he is a bit of a loose cannon. Freethink or whatever you want.
Speaker 1: To call it.
Speaker 2: But he's a nominee of Donald Trump. Uh. If he's as crazy as the Democrats think, they should probably be delighted vote against him and let the Republicans take responsibility for his crazy ideas. That would be one approach that the Democrats could take. I want to hear from you six one seven, two ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We're also following this plane crash in Washington, d C. And hopefully there will be survivors, hopefully every person on both the helicopter and the small plane. It's not a small plane in the sense of a it's it's a plane that they think they had about sixty passengers on. So feel free join the conversation, give us a call, We'll get you. We'll get you on. Like to talk about Bobby Kennedy, and I think some of us his ideas have merit uh And and I think that that if he we're dealing reasonably, if he were allowed to deal reasonably with Democrats and Republicans on this Senate panel, maybe there could be some progress. He quotes numbers about the health of American kids, and it's not good. Frankly, at this point, there are a lot of kids who have serious physical problems at at levels higher than any prior generation. And he's asking uncomfortable questions. And I don't think there's anything anything wrong with uncomfortable questions. I got a couple of lines open at six, one, seven, nine, ten thirty back on Night's Side, like to talk about this. There's nothing much we can do, uh in terms of the crash at Reagan National Airport, except offer a prayer for those who are either in the water and will be pulled out of the water or have have not made it. Either way, prayers are welcome. I believe in prayer. Will be back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. Let's go to Andrew in Rockland talking about the nomination hearing today for Robert F. Kennedy Junior. Andrew, welcome, How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Dan, how are you doing great?
Speaker 2: Did you get a chance to watch any of that either during the day or in the evening news casts?
Speaker 5: I saw I saw some e clips of it, just uh.
Speaker 11: I thought it was funny that Pocahontas is upset over it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was. She was, really she was on the I hate to use this, but she was on the war path.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I agree. I think it just all comes down the money. She claiming he's gonna make money off of I feel like she's up at her Her gravy train is done, are you. I feel like all these people at back Doorda, and it's just that's why they're going after Trump so hot and everybody he's nominating, and they're just they're upset that they're losing their grip.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that there's a lot that's going on down there. Look, I don't know. I didn't quite understand the question, the line of questionings that she was asking him about. Do you pledge that you won't work after this? There are rules down there about, you know, officials who you cannot work for, corporations that you had any sort of control over for a certain period of time. There are rules in place, she was asking him, Can you will you promise that you will never work for some company that could have in some way I guess I have been in some form of fashion regulated by you. If you become the h h N s Secretary. It's pathetic.
Speaker 1: Understand that.
Speaker 5: I get that. I get that.
Speaker 11: You know, you don't want people that are, you know, making the rules but not having control and then making money off of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree with you, but I'm saying there were rules in place that right now say that you can't you know, leave the government and go to work for certain companies that you might have regulated. But at the same time, look if somebody were to hypothetically give a break to some company and then as a quid pro quo have a job offer available. People get indicted for stuff like that.
Speaker 11: It's Biden don't But yeah, you know, you have it both ways. You gotta if you're gonna if you're gonna post it on one party, you gotta you gotta do it the other age. That's why it's so absurd. These people are hypocrites.
Speaker 2: There's there's a lot of hypocrisy in Washington, There's no doubt about that. Andrew, great to hear, Great to hear your voice. Let me ask you, if you were on the Senate Finance Committee, if you were a United States Senator, would you like to see you know, he's a he's a bit of a loose Cannon. I mean, he's he's said some things over over time which have caught a lot of people's attention. Would you vote to confirm him or not?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 11: I would because I feel like any any improvements on our health is a good thing. And that's strictly the reason why I would vote for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also think I think that Trump nominated him because I think very simple, he's a disruptor.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: It'll be a different sort of secretariat if he if he's the secretary of a JH and S. Andrew, thank you for calling very much. I appreciate it. Thank you you too, my friend. Okay, well we're gonna go next here. You know what, let me go to Paul in Boston. Paul, you were next one night, saga, right ahead, get you good sir.
Speaker 5: The wine. The bottom line is, does Ron mc kennedy Junior have a background education or work experience in this field. I don't think he does, and I'd never both to confermament if I was a senator.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, let's let's let's let's pause on that for a second and let me just play Devil's advocate for a second. Harvard graduate I believe he got some sort of an economics degree I think at the London School of Economics. I could be wrong on this, but let me you know, don't hold me to it. But then he has a law degree from the University of Virginia, and he was very much involved in some environmental activity over over time. That's he's been an he's been an advocate over time. So I think he's probably as qualified. I mean, he's not a physician, he's not a doctor, Ben Carson or or you know, he doesn't have a medical degree. You're correct on that. I mean, does that disqualify him in your thoughts or.
Speaker 5: What is in my opinion is it should be somebody that's got a background in medicine or uh uh, health science something. But I don't think he has the qualifications done.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let me ask you a question, just you know, having a little bit of fun with you here for a second. Let's assume that Trump nominated Anthony Faucif after after the debacle of COVID nineteen biz, there's a you know, individual with a medical degree. Would would he qualify?
Speaker 5: Oh, he is qualified, he's a medical doctor, but he's proven to be somewhat unreliable at this point.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair, you know what.
Speaker 11: To be.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now my second level of question to you, and we're gonna we're gonna have a responsible conversation here. This is the nominee that the president who has just been elected once. How much discretion do you give to the president of the United States for the nominees that he or she selects.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to answer that. Let's tell you, I have no problem taking care of somebody that helped me as long as they're qualified. And the only one of Trump's nominees so far that I think it has been good is the Secretary of State at Rubio.
Speaker 2: The rest of them, five or six of them have been approved by votes of yes somewhere around seventy five to twenty five. I mean, you know that Hegseth was the one that was fifty one fifty and there were three Republicans that walked away. Six or seven of the cabinet nominees have won the support a vertuble of all the Republicans, even the Murkowski's and the Collinses of the world, as well then of several Democrats.
Speaker 5: I'm want to look at this education position that he wants to get to. Lynda McMahon, Yeah, well, turned Beck went okay. Under the first Trump administration, she was the Small Business Administrator Secretary. I believe now we want to give her a job in education. What experience does she have in education?
Speaker 2: I don't know, to be honest with you, but I also think that if you're running a department of education, you don't necessarily have to have experience. Uh, that's more of a management position. I think most people understand what what it's the concept of education is. It's not like a scientific position. If if if if you were appointing her as the administrator of NASA, I think you might say, gee, you should certainly have some some some experience in that field, or if you know, if you were pointing somebody the head of the FAA. I don't know. We'll have We'll have to see how it works out. Paul, look great call. Thank you. I really agree challenging call. You raised some absolutely legitimate questions. I appreciate you taking the time. Thank you, my friend. All Right, we'll take a quick break, be back on the other side of the eleven o'clock news, and again we're seeing ambulance is moving. Ambulances are moving, and I hope that those are ambulances that are taking people from medical treatment and not leaving the scene. If you know what I'm saying. Again, keep these folks in there in your prayers. We'll be back. And like to continue to talk about Robert F. Kennedy's confirmation hearing today in Washington.