Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Hello, welcome to the show. Wherever you are, however you're listening, thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show to all of you new listeners that have just found us. And that's happening every single day about it. Hey, I get a message from someone that says, I just found you, guys, all, I bumped into somebody. I bumped into someone over the weekend when we went to breakfast and Jim some guy came up. He goes, hey, I just found you and JB on the radio, and he didn't know who Trisha was, and sure feelings were hurt.
Speaker 2: I did not. My name is Sandy, this is JB. Hello, Tricia's here as well. Hi everybody.
Speaker 1: And I got to say, JB bounce something off of us. And my initial reaction was, Elon, you're pushing it. You're pushing it down, You're pushing it. So Elon Musk has moved on to other things, and here's his latest and greatest idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to know what you guys think. Everyone listening to just process this and try try the best you can to take politics out of this. For the moment, I know Elon is a very polarizing, polarizing figure. Right, Let's try to take that out of the equation for a minute. Because he's building some cool things, there's no doubt about that. So he has not only does he have Neuralink and Starlink and Tessela and all that stuff, but you may or may not know, he has the Boring Company, which I think is a great name, and it's about boring underground and stuff like that. So he has proposed and it's going to cost at least twenty billion. You know, everything costs more by the time you actually get into it. A New York to London and or back underground or underwater tunnel, you can go from New York to London in sixty minutes. Oh, I mean, it's it's I mean, so what he's figured out with with the you know, with the under with the tunnel stuff I've looked into, like you you you get rid of friction. That's what limits speed right right and keeps it from burning up at that speed. You if you limit friction. And then he uses a lot of the propulsion that they they've built in uh, you know, for his for the rockets, for the rocket stuff. I forget the name of that kind. I know, I can't think.
Speaker 2: Yes so many. Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't have a ton of details on how it works. But I've seen some videos of his tunnels. He's built some tunnels that only tests teslas can go under.
Speaker 2: Have you seen those? I didn't know he had completed a tunnel, To be honest with you, I think I think he's done some small ones.
Speaker 3: I think he's done some small ones to test it where teslas can go under because they're autonomous and just you put it in autopilot and everyone zips through the tunnel.
Speaker 2: He's got some great ideas.
Speaker 3: Remember there were rumors he wanted to do a test under I thirty five and Kyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember he wanted to do it on I thirty five. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wanted a tunnel under it, Like it's an answer to a lot of our problems in a city like Austin. I'm kind of getting off topic from the New York I.
Speaker 1: Think I think Elon with this is this fairly new news, like this thewrk Okay. I think Elon is masterful of distracting, like he is a master of going from all right, let's distract the idiot public with the next new shiny objects, so they are not mad at me anymore or want to kill me or like that. Let's just divert their attention to this. There's a lot of people that are really good at that, really really good.
Speaker 4: Also, isn't his current project with the rockets which I still can't think of the name of that SpaceX some of his rockets still blowing up? Have they not perfected that? Like, maybe like, get all your ducks in the row with your current project. Aren't we still recalling cyber trucks every month for some kind of an issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cyber truck officially declared a flop by a lot of motorsport people.
Speaker 4: And maybe perfect what you have going on before you start shoving people under the ocean into tunnels.
Speaker 1: That worked on a short having people under Here's the thing that I didn't know about. A friend of mine who's a Tesla owner told me that eventually, and it's already happening in some parts of the world, you'll be charging your Tesla as you drive, like on the road. The road will be the grid mm hmm that will charge Because eventually I also think that remember, you know, you don't have to plug your phone in anymore to charge it. I think the car will be the same thing where you just drive over top of something. Oh yeah, because you know, plugging it into a real hassole, such a pain pain get out and plugging in.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's charging while you're going, then your range increases. Oh and that's a big obstacle for me. I'm not going to go spend that much money on an electric car where I can't without worry, you know, right right, Oklahoma City or something, I don't know, Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: See, my friend Tasha has a Kiya electric vehicle. Now I don't know what their charging capacity is compared to a Tesla, but she lives in Dallas and has to stop a little outside of Waco to charge for about a half hour to make it to Austin.
Speaker 1: That's okay, No, Tesla has no problem doing that. Yeah, Tesla can go Austin to Dallas, no problem. It depends on which one is because my friend did it. My friend, my friend David has one, and.
Speaker 3: I know that like kind of the standard now is what four hundred mile range ish give or take is a good one.
Speaker 2: So that'll definitely get you to Dallas, no problem.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, but you know, going New York to London in sixty minutes, I don't know that the body.
Speaker 2: Can the body handle it?
Speaker 1: Maybe goods and stuff, but can the body handle that kind of speed.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I think once you're in there, you don't know. You're just moving, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've done the chunnel from London to Paris.
Speaker 2: It was kind of cool.
Speaker 4: It's not at all at the speeds that he's talking about. But I will let you know that I was incredibly uncomfortable and aware of the fact that.
Speaker 2: I was underwater. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: I was also mad that the walls weren't see through so I could see the fish.
Speaker 2: I was kind of expecting that.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I saw one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen on television.
Speaker 2: You just made me think of it, Tricia.
Speaker 1: So you know, the Stanley Cup playoffs just wrapped up, right and Florida won back to back. But they had a commercial of a former hockey player who was one of those guys that was always in the penalty box, right. He was just a fighter and a scrapper and he was that guy. So they did a commercial I don't even know who it was for But he's sitting in his living room watching hockey on TV in his glass walls and windows all around his house have fans in hockey sweaters and pressed up against the glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he goes.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time in my career watching hockey from the penalty box.
Speaker 2: They make me comfortable, very really really funny. It was good. Sound.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what what Elon does with getting you from New York City to London in sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Hell, you can't go BUTDA to downtown Austin.
Speaker 3: And I know, let's picture this, you know, if he builds a tunnel, let's go. Let's go to where it matters most home.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: If you could go down a tunnel at Abia and pop up at the edge of downtown or in downtown, how amazing would that be?
Speaker 2: Be pretty sweet? That'd be like a five minute drive. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just can't imagine how much the environmental study will cost to go underneath the Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 4: All the rollamanders would die for a tunnel from the airport to downtown Austin.
Speaker 3: Or imagine you exit I thirty five, take the tunnel option and pop out in Westlake. Yeah, that'd be east to west, east to west like that would be unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I still think if the Willy Wonka Flying Machine would be the best of everybody.
Speaker 3: All that broken glass elevators, that's what you have placed, the glass ceiling every time, every time,