Speaker 1: Jus and New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: Taxi.
Speaker 1: I'm oiling around.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. Visiting us today is Vice President Prince and he's been very, very busy trying to save America. And mister Vice President, tell us about what you have been doing. And you have the new foundation that's been around for a while, and you have a new book.
Speaker 1: We do we do well, John cast Matitius, thank you so much for the warm welcome back to New York and to the station. It's great to see you. Grateful for all you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I think this upcoming election couldn't be more important in the life of the nation. I'm traveling all over the country. I've been talking about a new book that I wrote entitled What Conservatives Believe, Rediscovering the Conservative Conscience. And our group Advancing American Freedom Foundation in Washington has been trying to carry forward that mainstream conservative agenda that to find the Republican Party for the last fifty years, commitment to American leadership, strong defense, free enterprise, traditional values. And we've gotten a great response around the country. But you know, I tell people I also think in some respects I argue a little bit with some of the direction of the Republican Party, nationalizing businesses, price controls, some people dallying with isolationism. But I tell people, in some respects, I think Republicans have lost their way, but Democrats have lost their minds, And absolutely now the more important for us to get back to the basics of that mainstream conservative agenda that the American people have gotten behind again and again.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely correct on that they have lost their minds, and I can't believe the extremism and that they have gone to. And I'm wondering. I call a lot of my Democratic friends and I have one rate you and ask him, is the common sense Democrats trying to put things together? And then I called my Republican friends and I said, get the common sense Democrats on your side, because you know, we've got to go to a Republican party. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I honestly think we have a historic opportunity. I mean, look, I was proud to be vice president to President Donald Trump in his first term. It's proud of our record, as I often have said, and in the way I wanted it to. But I'll always believe I did my duty at the end. But this new Trump administration, John, I mean, you know, ending the worst border crisis in American history, extending all those tax cuts, unleashing American energy, standing with Israel, taking the fight directly to Iran. There's much to be commended. And you compare that with the DSA's agenda that's overtaking the Democratic Party. I remember when I served in the House of Representatives. Bernie Sanders was actually in the House at that time, John, and he wasn't listed as a Democrat. He was listed as a independent because he was a socialist. And sometimes I tell people, you know, Joe Biden may have won the election in twenty twenty, but Bernie Sanders won the party. And that's never been more true than in twenty twenty six when you see all of the candidates, with all of the energy behind them, are all aligned with Bernie Sanders' brand of socialism. And that gives us an enormous opportunity as Republicans to put forward common sense candidates that are grounded in American national principles of free market economics, limited government, and values.
Speaker 2: And we have to gather all to everybody together that has common sense, and we should all move in one direction. And because kids and grandkids have to worry about the future, and I worry about the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Margaret Thatcher said it well when she was trying to turn Great Britain around decades ago. You and are old enough to remember. But Margaret Thatcher said, the problem with socialism is you have actually run out of other people's money.
Speaker 2: Correct. Now, I'll tell you the other thing I feel like, and I've said this on the air many many times, and I've told this to everybody that all the people that were accusing of giving money the sorrows of the world and that Chinese guy, I don't think it's their money. I think it's being funneled by the Chinese government, or the Iranian government, or Qataris, I don't know who. But I think they're not spending their own money. They're spending foreigners money.
Speaker 1: I think you're right to be suspicious. I think the impact and you're the president give the speech about Chinese efforts to influence our elections and other foreign countries.
Speaker 2: Social media has.
Speaker 1: Created a portal for people to enter into our public debate under the guise of being just one more American voice. And I think those are issues we need to contend with. There the adversaries of this country around the world would like to divide this country. But I really do believe, John, that there will always be more that unites us as Americans than could ever divide us. You put it so well when you say, let's get back to that common sense agenda that's really defined the Republican Party at double the size of the Republican Party during Ronald Reagan's years, we put that forward today. I think we're going to have a great year in twenty six, and even a greater year in twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think we need that great year in twenty six because the common sense people of the United States of America cannot afford to lose the Senate or the Congress in November.
Speaker 1: You know, you always hear that phrase is the most important election of our lifetime. But while I, as I said, I have just like you, I have my arguments with some of the direction of the Trump administration, this new iteration, but the very idea that the Democrats would take you to the House of the Senate and literally we would see washing and DC devolve into probably the kind of melee of impeachment and socialist policies even beyond anything that we ever endured when we were in office. So I am encouraged, though I just I sense a great deal of energy. I feel encouraged about the Senate, and I have to tell you I think Speaker Mike Johnson and Republicans have done a phenomenal job staying in the fight. And if Republicans across the country people listen to listen to this great station all over America, I know we'll step up.
Speaker 2: Do the job.
Speaker 1: Get behind men and women that are running on the Republican line. I think we're going to hold the Congress w ABC.
Speaker 2: We took it from number twenty eight in the region to number one in the country. And thank you for your help, and thank you for President Trump's help, and we all work together for great America. And when are the Europeans going to realize that we're trying to save their behind again?
Speaker 1: You know, I honestly believe one of the great contributions of our four years in office alongside the President, is that Europe suddenly started to step up and provide for our common defense to meet their obligations after that Russian invasion of four years ago into Ukraine. The reason why Europe has been able to come alongside and to provide Ukraine the support they need to defeat and repel that invasion eventually, is because we demanded that they live up to their words. So I think continuing to provide leadership for the West. A lot of people don't remember this speech. I think the best speech President Trump gave in our four years was in Warsaw, where he said, the question of our time is does the West have the will to survive? And I know the American people.
Speaker 2: Have the will.
Speaker 1: I know my old running it has the will. But we've got to lead free nations around the world in that same regard.
Speaker 2: Mister Vice President, thank you for coming on today, and God bless you, God bless America. In Ny November, we have no choice. You have to wait. Thank you, John, Thank you,