Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll roll anything once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll roll it into the ditch up right, take its Walbot.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid I.
Speaker 1: Look like I look like Bowden Francis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I helped. We helped Alex move. We helped Alex move last week and.
Speaker 2: It was the first time I'd ever seen him without a hat on. And I know that because I didn't even know he had hair. Yes, sir As messed up.
Speaker 1: Hereeah. Yeah, yeah, we're we're on on.
Speaker 2: Myself of Welcome to the c CEO pre show episode for eighty eight.
Speaker 1: For eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I said my own line, angel line.
Speaker 1: Sorry, thank you. I appreciate that I was doing a podcasting, professional, professional thing.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here. We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons Patreon dot com slash CCO.
Speaker 3: Podcast, whether they like it or not, I'll bait.
Speaker 1: Are you freaking ready for booking the house in Vegas? I got some close.
Speaker 3: I'm so close. Oh dude, dude.
Speaker 2: The more final fantasy release, first Vegas in two Years, Episode five hundred of CEO podcast. Some of the CEO dude bros going This is going to be the most off the hook Vegas trip in the history of the show. And I'm not just saying that because it's the most closest one. I'm saying it because I actually think it's going to be the most fun.
Speaker 3: This is our year.
Speaker 2: I've been saying it for two years, but last year it didn't happen. So this year is our year. With two more years going into it, it's gonna work out. Steiner math baby sixty six point seven chance of beating you at sacrifice.
Speaker 1: You've forgot some things in your calculation. What chili tacos by aiding all filler upper with tacos and sinki and confirmed today snicker doodle cookies. Oh sick they had those Calgary. Yes, I'm kind, same kind, Aiden says, Aidan says in the discord. One of the benefits to becoming a patron, He says, Oh, I better bring him konnac It's my favorite drink, tea to drink with snicker doodle.
Speaker 2: Man, you gotta give people credit in the nation they have a favorite drink to pair with a snicker doodle.
Speaker 1: With a specific kind of cookie.
Speaker 2: It has It has not been a year since I first learned that a snickerdoodle is a real thing, and not just a euphemism for.
Speaker 1: A penis ort coats his dog's name what I think?
Speaker 2: So you're shitting me? What do they call him? Nick, Dude, Snickers, Idle.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if the dog's name is Cookie, Snickerdoodle, Doodle, Snicker, Snick, or Cognac.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, man, All those are except for Snick. Snickers is definitely a dog name. All those are dog names.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's man. I don't know if we can say snick on the internet. That probably is like derogatory, but I have no idea, so I'm just gonna stop saying it.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, Yes, sir, is that the brash taunter of dog names, Snicker, Snickerdoodle. It's just got every dog name in it. It's so versatile. I'm powerful.
Speaker 1: I suppose I think like Spike or Spot or I know lots of Daisies. I know like at least four Daisy's that are dogs. I know at least three Maggies.
Speaker 3: Here's an interesting thing.
Speaker 2: I know more people named Daisy than dogs. Oh and I know two dogs named Daisy, both owned by my aunt. She had a dog named Daisy and it passed away and then she got another dog and also.
Speaker 3: Named it Daisy.
Speaker 1: Oh well, they shouldn't have to remember a new name.
Speaker 3: Which I was, can you call her or anything? I was a little.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable with it because it's like, this isn't daisy, dude?
Speaker 1: Was the first daisy? Was? She black? And then the second daisy was white like a freaking ghost? No?
Speaker 3: The uh this is actually gonna this is even better.
Speaker 2: The first one was black and white, yes, and then the next one was black and a little less white.
Speaker 1: My neighbor, Okay, so my neighbor, he has a border Collie. I swear we're gonna talk about magic. My neighbor has a border Collie black with like white on its paws and feet and a little bit white on its nose Border Coli style.
Speaker 3: Delightful dog.
Speaker 1: And he's got a cat. No before that, it's important that the dog's name is lady.
Speaker 3: Okay, lady the dog? What okay, yeah, call it human the dog.
Speaker 1: Well, she's a dog, call it human, not a lady. She is a lady.
Speaker 3: She's a little person anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, so her name is lady. He's got a cat, all black, white chest, white mark on her nose, and white paws. Gentleman, and no, I say, I say to my neighbor, cat jumps up on me. I say, this cat has the exact same markings as lady. This looks like a little lady. And I say, what, what's its name? He goes little lady. So he's got lady and little lady and they look exactly the same. But one's a dog and one's a cat.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fine. I like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: They actually look like twins. Even the shape of the mark on their nose is the same.
Speaker 2: Some people think that when they get twins they've won because then they only have to like do baby stuff one time.
Speaker 3: They only have to have the little kid thing one.
Speaker 2: Time, only have both kids that you wanted, and you've You've set yourself up probably for disaster.
Speaker 3: But they feel like they've won.
Speaker 2: You know what else people can win, and they actually win. They can win CEO token packs Ryan or CEO sticker packs, are or playing old chrommey packs or regular magic card I.
Speaker 1: Do have plain old Kromy packs of tark Here Drake and store magic cards in the onion bag.
Speaker 3: And you know how they win.
Speaker 2: They enter the Super Sweet Guessing game, for which we give clues right now, except today not a guessing game because this week is the big unbanning announcement. Yes for the Commander band restricted game changer list, So what do you think is coming off? If anything, the band list. Let us know down in the comments below. You could be entered to win any of the four mentioned prize things sixty six point six repeating percent of those things are prizes. One of them you can also pick if you will, and if you play, you will win.
Speaker 1: Most likely it's math.
Speaker 3: It's science, so weology or something I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, the brandology. Yes, episode I want to say four eighty four, eighty one for eighty two, for eighty three. In that run, we did an in depth look at bracket matchmaking system, the game changers list, and the band list, every single card on the band list and whether or not it would like, why it's banned, if it would be okay to come off the band list. We're not going to do that again. We caught ourselves. We almost were going to, but today is going to be actually our predictions for tomorrow's unbannings. Yes, okay, so in theory it works like this card can be played in high level of competition like let's say bracket five or four, or sparingly in three racket three, thus making it safe for ultra casual or pre con kind of power level of play. So if we unbanned something super powerful, it's relegated only to super powerful decks. That's the benefits of having a game changer's list. Do you think we're gonna see that happen?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we're gonna see some stuff come off of the list. Are you gonna do you think we're just anything go onto the list?
Speaker 3: I just thought of that. Frick.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'll bet you we don't see anything put on the list, and if it is, it's gonna be a blind side to everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like I imagine if they put Jeweled Lotus on that list.
Speaker 2: I can't think of Honestly, I can't think of a single card right now that people are complaining about to a point that it should be on the list, or is breaking games wide open enough that you know what, there just isn't anything.
Speaker 1: And if there is a card that's like that, a card that slows games down, is miserable to play against, or is otherwise socially kind of taboo to play in casual.
Speaker 2: Circles blood Moon Winter or Barmagedin.
Speaker 1: Already taken care of by bracket rules or the game Changer's list, as we've talked about a few weeks ago, in those early four to eighty episodes, cards like Cyclonic Rift or a Ristic Study, like oh I upgraded my bric on with a Riistic Study. Yeah, oh god, that's fucking miserable.
Speaker 2: So does that make Does it make the deck miserable? That's the only card you changed?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but it does make it a bracket three?
Speaker 3: I cut a tapped Land and put in Auristic Study.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I love telling Laura I'm cutting basics. That's my favorite thing to do. In the discord, she's trying to like she's just brainstorming over a deck, smoking coming out of her ears. Ah, what do I cut? How do I fit this in? I'm like, how many basics you play? Are you playing at least nineteen land? That's plenty cut a basic?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said so many things that so many people are gonna have so much problems in all of that.
Speaker 3: Man Tomorrow's deck.
Speaker 2: The only reason that I'm playing basics is because we ran out of non basics to play.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's deck has got me frickin' rock card. I'm excited. I have.
Speaker 2: I have halfway realized something that you could do in tomorrow's deck, but I didn't double check to make sure that it works. And we're gonna find out if it works live on the.
Speaker 3: Show when we're doing it. So that's gonna be really cool. I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so I've got the band list in front of me here. I want to go through some cards that I think are gonna come off of the band list and go on to the game changers list. Okay, okay, First one, ancestral recall, shut up? Okay, okay for real. First one, bio Rhythm absolutely bio rhythm, nine or eight man of whatever. Everybody's life total, equal number of creatures they control. Yes, you think they did.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: It's like Worldfire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it last when we did all the I think that bio rhythm has no rhythm, no reason being on there at this point in Magic the Gathering, especially when there's a creature that does the same thing and World Fire exists.
Speaker 1: No rhythm. Can't dance correct, get off that can't dance beat Okay, Coalition Victory.
Speaker 2: They've printed it as a dragon spell in Dragonstorm. I don't I think it's going to be tough for them to justify keeping it off. Granted, Coalition Victory is faster, yes, but the new one makes your already menacing dragons indestructible.
Speaker 1: And bigger.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Coalition Victory was the card I advocated for a couple of weeks ago, and it was the card that specifically Gavin Verge actually mentioned when they revealed the bracket matchmaking system and game changers list. He said, I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but we're reviewing cards, and let's say a card like Coalition Victory and the speed of Commander and all the reasons that he gave, and blah blah blah, Coalition Victory was the card that jumped to the front of his mind. Then maybe that was pre prepared to as a red herring. I think not. I don't think that they're thinking about that to that level when they're just doing a press release.
Speaker 2: But Ryan, what if somebody goes Turn one Prismatic omen to Turn two Prismatic Piper, Turn three confluts discard it, or what the hell's the thing where you can just turn four, turn three dream halls to discard a thing to get a conflux to find coalition victory and then discard another card to play it and went on turn three. What if somebody has that perfect nine cards and they're opening seven.
Speaker 1: I want that to happen me too, I want that to happen. I want I want. Is there there's nothing like transgilled courier.
Speaker 3: Hey, oh yeah, transfiled curry.
Speaker 2: That's the card I was thinking about, not prismatic piper, transgild courier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, transgilled courier. But in the command zone, something that costs four but is five colors. No, no, frick no, damn it, transgild courier on turn one, off of your jeweled lotus and then somehow make five mana turn two victory. Anyways, Okay, so coalition victory off the banned list. Okay, I'm gonna go down, down, down down. Golos tire tireless pilgrim.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they're gonna unban that because I believe he was banned for a perfectly reasonable reason and he can stay gone. He wasn't banned for overpoweredness. He was banned for ubiquity, and the last thing Commander needs is ubiquity below bracket five, which isn't what we're talking about. So I think him being gone is fine.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Take below bracket five ubiquity, take a yeah, what about what about not ubiquity but redundancy going back to dragon storm or whatever, and also coalition victory in your dragon deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Next one, Jewel Lotus.
Speaker 3: I think it's coming off. It's gonna it's gonna be it, or Manic crypt is gonna come off.
Speaker 2: It's gonna and you know, there's gonna be people in the comments or in their heads going, but they're just gonna show that if you threaten people, then they're right. Well, here's the thing, here's the thing. The former RC made a bad decision. They made the wrong decision, and to undo a wrong decision is fine. Not making all the trolls right, it's undoing a mistake. And I think that putting Jeweled Lotus specifically the card that now serves no purpose to anyone. It is a valueless card that is unplayable in magic. The gathering that was one of those Crown Jewel cards that they would put in sets to have it be a chase rare and like a big deal, And I think putting that back into the set would reinstill confidence in people who are going to spend a bunch of money on a card, and also give people that still have their Jeweled Lotuses something to do with them instead of looking their binders and be sad. That's what I'm doing right now, Jewel.
Speaker 1: I am sad every time I see my Jewel Lotus. Of those two cards, let's just do it now. Maniccrypt is the other one. I think Manacrypt stays on because it does give burst mana let's call it, but turn overturn, where Jeweled Lotus without jumping through hoops doesn't. And everybody knows my stance on Jeweled Lotus being net positive for the format because if your commander costs eleven on turn nine, it'll help you get there. So it's actually a good card to draw late game in decks that care about casting their commander multiple times. So sure, great sorry, great for CEDH, great for mid game, late game in casual. Put it on the game changer's list to limit its usage and not worry about the times that it's that one extra man of rock in the format where it's like, oh, these are all burst man and it's bad for the format. That's why we have the bracket matchmaking system. We have a tool for that now.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, fine for the record.
Speaker 2: I think Maniccrypt's coming off the list too, but not this time, and doc Side Extortionists will stay on forever, and it should. I think Dockside should stay on forever. I think Maniccrypt will come off, but not right now, because if they unbanned the whole big banning, that would be a bad move. But I think that they're gonna test the format does see if it falls apart with Jewel Lotis, which it won't, and then they're gonna un bad Man of Crypt two. And you know what's gonna happen after that?
Speaker 3: Nothing, because the format is fine.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Three out of five at best, that's right, formerly known as seven out of ten. Yeah, okay, another double Primetime and Sylvan Primordial.
Speaker 2: I think Sylvan Primordial stays on. Yeah, I think Primetime, come on, come on. Maybe maybe I'm not gonna shit my pants if he does. I don't necessarily think.
Speaker 3: That he will, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did. I could see it. I can see it, I can see it on I can see it.
Speaker 1: I can see a lot of people starting to prefer the types of clones that clone anybody's stuff, the types of things that bounce and put back under your control. Anything that was good because your opponents were playing Dockside will also be good because as your opponents are playing Primetime and it costs six Primetime, Primetime costs six docks I cost two. The burst manna ability of dock Side is there, and Primetime it's not. But Primetime does find you like weird utility things.
Speaker 2: It does get you Vesuva and Dark Deaths also good at the same time.
Speaker 1: A yeah, I'm okay with this. I'm okay with this.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why it was banned. I just thought of that just now.
Speaker 2: It just gets you an indestructible flying twenty twenty, just as soon as it comes into play on turn three.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, it's fine, played played path x Okay, next card recurring Nightmare because I own one and I wanted.
Speaker 3: Off the list.
Speaker 1: Yes, that card never coming off the band list format, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but damn it, I want it. I want it. I want to play it.
Speaker 1: Here's one that I've actually heard of though, profit a crew fix. No you don't think no, but Green has seedborn mus so. Eh. Yeah. So what's the other thing that it does? Untaps all your.
Speaker 2: Stuff, like draws you a card whenever you breathe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, simmoic bullshit, Yeah, draws your card when you play Creature, isn't it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know's.
Speaker 2: We'd click on it, but Watsa's website doesn't let you just see what the card does.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna try something. What's the next one, you said, recurring nightmare?
Speaker 3: I already went with that one. I think that might be. Honestly, that might be the last one.
Speaker 1: You don't think like one of the mass land destruction like Thundering Titans or no, nothing like that.
Speaker 2: They're a little bit I think that those are still a little bit too salty, And honestly, I think that it's fine if they just stay on the thing. I was playing Arena the other day where Sundering Titan is not banned, and that card is still a beating. It's still a damn beating, So just leave it alone.
Speaker 3: Just leave that one Gone.
Speaker 1: You're like, you're talking about like upheaval and Sundering Titan, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can all stay pooped. I think that the band list actually isn't horrific. No, I don't think some of the stuff that's on there deserves to be on there, but some of the stuff could come off. And I think we're going to see some of the more casual cards like Coalition Victory and Fire Rhythm. I think we're gonna get to see those make a recursion, and we're going to see the CDH Slash Higher Power Games get a little treat with Jeweled Lotus specifically. I think those three are like the ones we're going to see. I don't want to say for sure, but those are the ones that I'm kind of banking on. If I was a betting man, I would bet the remains of this pile of bones beer on it.
Speaker 1: Profita cru Fix five, Drop two three, untap, all creatures and lands during each other player's untap and creature give flash, there you go, and last thing I got. Last thing I want to say, Clart, Academy Trade Secrets, Yogma's bargain, just let me have them, so unbanned them just for me. They can stay banned for everybody.
Speaker 2: But you already said we can't play Recurring Nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so why do you get three?
Speaker 1: No? I don't want everybody to play any of those cards. I just want to play those three just so I can play them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, can you do Recurring Nightmare for just me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh sucking ah? Sure? Oh okay, I agree? Then this is good.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, So your your thoughts down below in the comments. If you think something is going to go on to the band list, let us know. Maybe there's something we missed. Maybe we don't play enough like CDH or like casual pods these days, and there's something out there that's just ruining people's lives and we're missing it.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 1: Hmm, I wonder what the thing is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there is there, always is. There's always something in It's.
Speaker 1: Just somebody just complaining about something.
Speaker 3: There might be a thing, though, maybe there is.
Speaker 1: Maybe that mills half your library then gets that many uh he gets what what is it? Plus one counters and annihilator equal to your biggest casting costs.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing that is in exile. It doesn't have to be from the ones that he got.
Speaker 3: It's just in general, that freaking guy.
Speaker 1: I get pounded by that thing every freaking time.
Speaker 2: For the record, one time I played a cause it like the ten man of Causelek got pathed. The next turn I played that ulamog and it came with a ten. Ten grieved that grieves that thing. Nobody gonna path me again, especially the guy that passed me, because you got an annihilator fucking twenty.
Speaker 3: He did not win that game, Wolfgar Baby.
Speaker 1: Annihilator twenty is a thing that you don't just recover from. That is, as they say, enough, yes, sir, yes, sir. I think we've spent enough time on the band list for eighty eight. We've got a We've got an Uncle Brando special tomorrow. D Yeah, people who've been listening to Commander Cook are gonna know what it is. I'm actually excited about it because it is a little bit of a dirty dink and como deck and I love double d's and triple ds, and this has got all the d's. Yes, yes, So we're gonna we're gonna maybe have a pile of bones, and then we're gonna get right to it.
Speaker 2: We'll see it tomorrow right, when the last he was right