Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk.
Speaker 2: Get them the shy bit's the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold.
Speaker 1: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot. We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Ben, You're looking real hot. Come in get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La Come jit it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 2: I dot it best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres, fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 3: Ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up the first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Mo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Day. I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Tuesday night here in Southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers nineteen and ten on this season. Don't look now, but they are in a i for first to top the NL West with the San Francisco Giants. Dodgers winners of three in a row, looking to make it two straight over the Miami Marlins after a win last night. Tonight a bullpen game with Jack Dreyer serving as your opener. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup, David vs. Say, we'll join us. Of course, We've got your Dodgers Magical Moment, your prize picks, double play of the Day, your o Taani rewind is coming up, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the gapin Motors Broadcast booth. And here from Tim NEVERERTT and Rick Monday. Well, last night the Dodgers jumped out to the yearly lead, only to see it go away and then win in extra innings. Yeah, the Dodgers had Dustin May on the mountain last night. Pitched into the sixth inning, five and a third innings officially for Code Red, and he got plenty run support. It started in the bottom of the first inning Freddie Freeman RBI single scoring show, Hey Otani, And just like that, three batters in the Dodgers a one to nothing lead, then in the third, Mookie Betts with a single to left, scoring Max Muncy that gave the Dodgers a two to nothing lead, and the fourth, the Dodgers continued, Miguel Rojas with an RBI double to left scoring Andy Paez, Dodgers on top three to nothing. In the fifth, ta Oscar Hernandez, who had already homered him back to back games. Could he make it three in a row for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Woodwards said, Phone to ring Daily, and you'd see the name Mookie Bets popping up.
Speaker 3: On his collar. Id.
Speaker 4: Tai Oscar swings and hammers won the left. It is deep and is heading back toward the wall.
Speaker 3: It is gone. A home run tao.
Speaker 6: Oscar Hernandez a two run shot, and it's five nothing.
Speaker 4: Tai Oscar with his two hundred first career homer.
Speaker 3: There's ninth of the season.
Speaker 6: And his third in consecutive games.
Speaker 1: Stay hot. Sey Oscar Hernandez third straight game in a row. With the home run, a two run shot just over the wall in left field, Dodgers a five to nothing lead. However, that lead would go away a half inning later. Top of the six, Eric Wagerman an RBI single off Dustin May. Two batters later, bases loaded for Anthony Bonda, who gave up a home run, a Grand Slam home run. Yes, just like that, A five to nothing Dodgers' lead turned into a five to five tie to extra innings. They went in the top half of the eighth inning. Sanchez doubled to right with two outs that scored a run for the Marlins. Arap six to five. Dodgers chasing a run. Bottom half of the tenth inning, free runner at second, Michael Confordo Andty Pajez a lead off walk, so runners on first and second. Keykey hernandez As sacrificed by it, but moved him over to second and third. One out for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 4: So now Tommy Edmund looking at the first pitch from hen.
Speaker 3: Rico's pace head right.
Speaker 6: Fiel Kipno comes in here, cops pie has Dodgers win it.
Speaker 3: Tommy Edman walks it off. Seven to six. Dodgers win.
Speaker 7: Edmund then waited around.
Speaker 3: He smacked it in the right field.
Speaker 6: Now the Dodgers hit their nineteenth win of the season, their second in extra innings.
Speaker 1: Dodgers winning on the walk off two run single from Tommy Edmond in the bottom of the tenth as the Dodgers come back for a seven to sixth victory over the Miami Marlins. Dodgers now winners a three in a row other nineteen and ten on this season. As Kirby Yates gets the victory in relief. Tonight, the Dodgers look to keep it rolling with their four straight victory, and of course that's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for US. Dodgers have been playing at a top tier level during this homestand they look to continued tonight. And what is a bullpen game? A schedule the bullpen game, Jack Dryer on the mound. He'll be the opener. With more we head out to the Galloping Motors Broadcast with Tim neverritt Rick. Monday, guys, Thanks.
Speaker 3: Tom very much.
Speaker 4: Warming up a little bit at Dodgers Stadium. Going to be a perfect night to sit out here and watch a ball game. Dodgers taking Game one against the Marlins last night, an extra inning seven to six. Tommy Evan had the walk off hit. Tonight, Sandy al Contra will be on the mound for the Marlins and Jack Dryer will start for the Dodgers, the left hand are going first in a bullpen game. But the Dodgers last night getting the win, had to come back.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 4: It looked like they were in good shape to begin with up five to nothing, but things got away from them in the middle Innox.
Speaker 2: Well, that game had a lot of twists and turns and some very clutch hitting and I think really on both sides. And we saw a grand slam also by the Marlins in that ball game. And for the Dodgers, you know, timely hitting when they really needed to see it. And the other part two tim we've been talking about it. You know, there was about a two week span there that the bottom third of the order was not doing very much except showing up. But at that bottom of the third now beginning to get on base. And last night Pie haz Munsey and Rojas all contributing, and then Tommy Edmond of course with the coming off the bench in the eighth inning, lined out is first at bat and then the two run single to win the ball game at the bottom of the tenth. So if they continue now and they get that bottom third of the lineup getting on base, it really gets the top of the lineup runners in scoring.
Speaker 4: Position and as far as the lineup goes tonight, same lineup as last night. However, they have shuffled a little bit at the bottom where Munsey's moved up behind Smith and pie Haz has moved up from the ninth to the eighth spot. Michael Confordo, who's been struggling, drops back to number nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw a little action earlier today. Is that you know, every hitter is trying to take extra swings if you can, especially if you're kind of battling here and there. Chris Taylor and we talked many times about simulated games for pitchers. Well, it was a simulated game for a hitter early this afternoon. Hopefully that's going to be a big step forward with Chris Taylor.
Speaker 4: Chris Taylor contributing off the bench as he got the pinch run late in the ballgame last night, but again trying to get his back going to become a good hitter off the bench again, struggling a little bit now, all right, Well, with Mookie Betts starting to slowly come out of it. He's hitting back to back games, so Tani's hitting back to back games. We really haven't seen shohel Toani heat up all that much. Saturday, he had three hits against the Pirates, but still waiting for him to really take off like we've seen him before. And Freddy Freeman just continues to be very consistent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here's the reason he talked about the bottom third getting on base. When you look at Mookie Bence I mentioned this last night. You know he has the second highest average with runners in scoring position, not just this year, We're talking the last three years. Luisa Rise has the highest particular category, and then right behind Bets tonight is Freddy Freeman, and Freeman over the last three years the fourth highest batting average of any hitter in baseball with runners in scoring position. So indeed, get runners on base, because you've got some guys coming up, they can knock them in.
Speaker 4: They really have a feeling that Otani is going to heat up here in the next few days or so, maybe starting tonight. Here's why. Here's a number four. Ta Oscar Hernandez, who's been red hot, has as many home runs as Otani has RBIs nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but think of the number of at bats that Atani came up with. He's guaranteed if at least one every game because he's leading off. But therefore a number of weeks he got the home plate, there was nobody on base ahead of him because again seven, eight to nine spots in the lineup, we're not getting on base.
Speaker 4: Hopefully that'll change pretty soon. Twelve hit attack last night, one of the highest hit totals of the season, behind the four team they had against Pittsburgh the other night.
Speaker 3: So it's a bullpen game.
Speaker 4: Jack Dryer will get the start against Sandy Alecantra, the right handed veteran who was coming off. Tommyjohn on surgeryal contract two and two and Dryer two and one.
Speaker 1: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game game meal on. How about Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Perfect time for some Chicken Mojo's pizza. Shaky's order it right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor. We will check in with David Vassay. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Got your magical moment, got your prize? Picks Double Player of the Day. Got an updates on Clayton Kershaw scheduled to pitch in a minor league rehab assignment tonight in OKC. But up next, we got your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Tommy ed. We lead you up to Dodgers at Marlins on this Tuesday night. First pitch at seven to ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kais. This's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers on your home for La gosh yours Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday night, Game two of this three game set. Jack Dryer the opener for the Dodgers. Sandia Contia. We'll go for Miami. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: This is the.
Speaker 3: Rewid.
Speaker 4: His ops was over one thousand against the Marlins, East Wings and Strokes on the right field. That's going to be down four a day's hip, and Otani's night gets under way with a single stretching Ober one two. There goes Otani. Pitches in there are actually low for a ball and old Janni steals second easily. Seven stolen base of the season for sho Heltani.
Speaker 1: Showy Otani one for two last night, but walked three times it would score a run and you heard there a stolen base number seven on the season for show Hey Otani. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friend, the agents they're standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car. Today. The Dodgers win on a walk off two run single in the bottom of the tenth inning from Tommy Tanks Tommy Edmund, and afterwards last night talked to her on David Vesse.
Speaker 8: All right, Tommy Edmund, you were you were sitting around all day and now you're gonna get again.
Speaker 3: God damn, missie. He missed me. Oh man, there he goes.
Speaker 8: Hey, you were saying before the game you didn't know what to do with yourself, but if you figured it out by the end of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just tried to stay locked in.
Speaker 9: I mean, I saw the game getting close to the end and knew there's gonna be opportunity to do something, so I've had to stay locked in.
Speaker 8: How big was what Key k Hernandez did to put both runners in scoring position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 9: Got a great job getting the butt down a couple.
Speaker 1: Of tough pitches and uh, you.
Speaker 9: Know, just stuck his head out there and got the job done.
Speaker 8: Tommy, when you're in that type of situation, do you know how much you mean to this team? How do you stay within yourself and not try to get too big?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's it's kind of easy when I know I got a shower and showing movie and Freddie coming up after me. You know, I just kind of feel the confidence that even if I just got to put a good at bat, even if I don't get the job done, one of those two guys will, So it kind of takes a lot of pressure off.
Speaker 8: Even as the NLCS MVP last year. I don't think you ever got a gatorade bath with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: How does that feel now yet?
Speaker 9: First one? First one? Well you got half of it there right there, But I don't feels good though.
Speaker 3: All good?
Speaker 8: Thanks Tommy, congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, all right, Tommy Edmund celebrating with David va Say and a gatorade bath there after the walk off win rightfully so for Tommy Tanks, his first in a Dodger uniform, his six walkoff hit in his major league careers. The Dodgers get the win last night, and the series opener against the Marlins coming up here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper in this pitching matchup. David vedsay it's gonna go one on one with Dodger reliever Tanner Scott. What up next? We'll get you an injury report, including an update on Clayton Kershaw, and we'll hear from Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor. The Dodgers and Marlins. First pitch of seven to ten. I'm Tim Kas's World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Morongo Casino Dodgers on decontinues. As we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and the Marlins Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Jack Dryer is your opener for the Dodgers. Sandy al Contia will go for the Miami Marlins first pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 5: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw scheduled to get the starts for Okac and the comments he will not get the start tonight because of whether they had to push back the start of the game a couple of times and because of the weather there. Clayton Kershot will not be pitching tonight and did not get the start for Tripaa ok see, So we'll see when he gets the next start. Maybe it's a push back tomorrow, but it's certainly not tonight for Clayton Kershaw. Tyler Glass now on the IEL at the right shoulder discomfort, Blake trying it on the IL, Blake Snell on the IL with the left shoulder soreness. He did take an injection to hopefully get that inflammation down. Tony Gonsolin one more day on the IL. The catman returns tomorrow off the injured list. Well instead of checking in with the Dodger manager, Dodger pitching coach Mark Pryor been so instrumental on this Dodger team the last eight to nine years. Let's hear what the Dodger pitching coach has to say before tonight's game.
Speaker 3: All right, Mark, what is going on with Tyler Glass?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Do you have any more clarity on what's ailing him? Well, I mean not right now.
Speaker 10: I mean we're he's going through the steps to try to figure out exactly, you know, what's going on, you know, in the acute injury process. You know, he's gonna take a few days off and then I'll start kind of getting back into some some pliles and some white throwing, and then we'll see where we're at in ten to fourteen days. You know, this is obviously unfortunate for him, and as he expressed, like very frustrating, as you know, I think we all can relate to, you know, I mean personally I can relate to you know, kind of going down these roads and it's unfortunate. But he's you know, he's he's a competitor and he does want to be out there. Unfortunately, he just kind of keeps, you know, running into these little hiccups and speed bumps on these last few outings, and you know, it's it's something that you know, we are trying to wrap our heads around, you know, whether it's the cramps, whether it's just you.
Speaker 3: Know a little bit of a shoulder flare up.
Speaker 10: You know, it's just kind of like some knickknack things that just kind of keep, you know, keep kind of kind of holding him down. And it's unfortunate because you know, in a lot of his side sessions and a lot of his practice sessions, you know, we could probably make the argument that his stuff is is at or even better than it was last year at certain points. Again, those are practice sessions versus game.
Speaker 3: Sessions, so you know, it doesn't.
Speaker 10: Really mean anything. But there's nothing that has given us any reason to think that he wasn't going to go out there and go out there and perform at a high level.
Speaker 1: There's Mark pryor some of the answer to that phone. By the way, it sounds like the bullpen phone again, as the Dodgers' bullpen has been used a lot. Speaking of that bullpen, we'll hear from Tanner Scott coming up in just a little bit, and when we return here on Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from the man himself, David vad Zay. As we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers playing hosts of the Miami Marlins. Dodgers winners of three in a row. Can they make it four straight? First pitch, coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins. Game two of this three games set. Jack Dryer, the left hander, will be the opener in what is a scheduled bullpen game for the Dodger Tomorrow. Tony Gonsolin gets to start in the finale. Sandi al Contada is back of following his arm injury a year ago. He is back one of the best young pitchers in all of baseball. Go from Miami. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 5: Ten, Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 1: And David Now joins this game two of this three game set Dodgers and Marlins and DV the Dodgers going with a bullpen game yet again. What is the plan for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the difference is tim today was a planned bullpen game, unlike the other Tyler Glass now starts, including the last one on Sunday, where the Dodger bullpen had to cover eight innings. So this was a planned bullpen game, and that's why Sunday's one inning seventeen pitch outing really put Dave Roberts and the Dodgers in a precarious position for last night and also today and even tomorrow with Tony Gonsolin coming back.
Speaker 3: But here's the plan. Jack Dryer is going to start.
Speaker 8: It may be more than one inning if he's able to get through the first inning clean. They did recall Matt Sower, who is stretched out as a starting pitcher. They still have Noah Davis, so they've got guys that are going to have to go multiple innings. This is not going to be, you know, an inning by inning reliever type of bullpeny game. They are looking for multiple innings from some of these guys, and they're looking from bulk innings from Matt Sower in particular. So that's the plan today. They need to get some clean innings from these guys so they can try to try to put the mallins away It's gonna be tough tonight, Tim as well, going up against Cy Young Award winner Sandy ALCNTRA.
Speaker 3: He's back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, breaking news, he's back, So it's not gonna be easy for the Dodgers to score runs.
Speaker 1: Davin is driven by four other one thing. We like his choices by yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called the f one fifty. What's going on with Mookie Betts?
Speaker 3: David?
Speaker 1: He's gonna slump, but he can't get out of.
Speaker 8: It, big slump and he's not really driving the ball either, Tim, And it makes you wonder, with so much talk about his defense, which has been actually pretty good, is that effort and energy going into trying to be as good of a shortstop as he possibly can be taken away from his offense. I believe that's gotta be a question that has to be asked if this continues, because defensively he's doing it, but offensively he's not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: Otani hasn't done it now, Freddie Freeman's not hitting on all cylinders. So you can say guys to go through slumps during different parts of the season and Max Munsey, no home.
Speaker 3: Run, confordo slump.
Speaker 8: They're not playing different positions, but Mookie Betts is one of the best hitters in baseball and we just haven't seen it this year.
Speaker 1: Last night, David, after the Dodgers walk golf win, a lot of celebration on the field for Tommy Edmund. His six walkoff basin of his career is first in a Dodger uniform. The NLCS MVP. You had a chance to talk to him on the field postgame, and well, it turns out you got a little wet afterwards.
Speaker 3: What happened, Yeah, it looked worse than it actually was. Tim.
Speaker 8: I told Taoscar Hernandez, who had a bucket of ice in the gatorade bucket ready to go, I said, hold on one second, we're about to start this live. And when I gave him the green light, I thought it was for Tommy Edmund. Little did I know, ta Oscar Hernandez had eyes on both of us. And luckily it was just a little water and a lot of ice. So it was great for video, great for the still photographers. But the right side of my suit jacket survived. My right foot was a little wet, but all good, and the best part about.
Speaker 3: It was it wasn't malicious.
Speaker 8: It was Taoscar being Taoscar Hernandez, who is so inclusive with everybody that's in his orbit. Great guy, a great teammate, and again last night home ering three straight games with the home run for Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Did you give the dry cleaning bill because certainly after this offseason contract he can he can afford.
Speaker 3: It, right, Yeah, yeah, no dry cleaning necessary.
Speaker 8: I said, hey, Taoscar, even if there was yellow gatorade in that bucket, I would give you a free pass. Anybody else gets the knuckles, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it.
Speaker 1: David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you. Just love coming up here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll go high and tight. But up next for Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers and Marlin's first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim katsis the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins, Game two. In this three game set, Jack Tryer and Sandy on content of the pitching match. First pitch coming up at seventeen, I got here about who.
Speaker 3: Wants the hot car.
Speaker 5: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Jobs.
Speaker 1: We go back to June sixth, nineteen ninety four, the Dodgers in Miami taking on the Marlins. The Dodgers Mike Piazza had a first of his career.
Speaker 7: I drive into deep center and I mean where. It's four thirty four and it's gone a grand Slam home run to the deepest part of the ballpark and the Dodgers take a four to two leads. I'll tell you what to you, the pitching coach, you gotta say, the gardener, you deserve it. When you walk both Butler and Eddie Pye, especially Pie, and you wind up pitching the Piazza, you gotta expect.
Speaker 2: To get hurt.
Speaker 5: But wow, did he.
Speaker 1: Hit it a great Vin Scully on the call, four hundred and seventy seven feet to straight away center field. Remember Miami at the time had the second deepest center field of any park in Major League Baseball behind Tiger Stadium at the time, which had a four hundred and forty foot center field fence. So a shot from Mike Piazza June sixth, nineteen ninety four, Dodgers taking on the Marlins. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs. Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offy hot Dogs Local so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Rick Monday. We get your prize picks double play of the day, don't go anywhere, leading you up to Dodgers of Marlins. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday nine, game two of this three game set. Jack Dryer Sandy al content of the pitching matchup. First pitch seven for seven ten.
Speaker 3: Got him with the two for.
Speaker 4: One hard shot to third throws the second on the first double what double teams?
Speaker 5: This is the prize picks double play of the day.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for? Join me and millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Just download the free Prize Picks app and when you sign up, use this code go blue. Go blue. Why because you're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's so simple. Download the app, use the code go blue. When you sign up at Prize Picks. To play, all you do is pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up two hundred that are two thousand times your cash. That's so easy to do. Strikeouts, hits, RBI's first any runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks, join me, use the code go blue. Here are my two picks tonight. Mookie Betts more or less wanted to have hits, runs and RBIs combined. I'm gonna go more more than one and to have hits, runs and RBIs for Mookie Betts. Also, Freddie Freeman more or less a half an RBI. This is a good one. I'm gonna go more more than a half an RBI for Freddie Freeman tonight against the Miami Marlins again. Download the Prize Picks app, sign up with the code go Blue Prize Picks, run your game, and now.
Speaker 5: Joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, you give a lot of people props, but I gotta give you a lot of kudos for last night spotting that Michael Confordo was using a torpedo back keyk Hernandez confirmed it near the dugout.
Speaker 3: So you found it, you saw it.
Speaker 2: And I sent for those interesting minds want to know, I sent you a text because you were a TV guy last night, as you are again tonight, so we will not have you in the booth. However, you were down by the Dodger dunkout and I sent you a text during the game, I said, because we were talking about the torpedo bats, and I said, I don't remember anyone other than Max Munsey using it, and he used it for a brief period of time, went back to his own bat and the very first a bat after going back to his own bat got a double that was on the road trip. So we go back and I sent you a text. Isn't Conforto using one of the torpedo bats, and you were down there. But I understand now you did get a confirm I did.
Speaker 8: Key k Hernandez heard me mention it on the broadcast last night and he said, yes, it was a torpedo bat.
Speaker 2: And the reason that I noticed is that I looked through the binoculars from the booth because the torpedo bat. In essence, here's what they've done, very simply. They have moved the thickness of the barrel a little bit closer to the label of the bat, in other words, towards the hands three four inches maybe. So therefore the end of the bat is now narrower. It's less than the diameter has to be specified at real three point zero two, which is two point six one inches in diameter. And yeah, I happen to notice it, and that's why I sent you the text. So again it's nice to know that my eyes were not deceiving me.
Speaker 8: And then I started looking at everybody else's bat, and I thought Andy Pa has had one as well, because the barrel of the bat was not as thick.
Speaker 3: It seemed to be distributed equally.
Speaker 2: It's the end of the bat, but the torpedo bat reminds me of an R one sixty one model that was put out by Hillwartch and Bransby for a lot of years. It's the model named after with the R one sixty one Frank Robinson. That was his model, which the barrel of the bat got a little bit thicker, a little bit sooner than some of the other the other bats.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 8: When you look at a guy like Michael Confordo, when you see him struggling and then turning to a torpedo bat, does that give you a glimpse into his psychea where he's at right now?
Speaker 2: Now, there's nothing wrong with trying something else that what you're doing is not working. You just don't want to get overboard and really magnify any any problems. Here's the advantage in my estimation. I've not used a torpedo bat. I've not held one, but I've seen one, and I understand what they're doing. And my first impression when I heard all the New York Yankees and the physicist and therefore and here's the deal. They designed a volpia. I think was the player correct? He was getting jammed with a lot of pitches. So the barrel of the bat closer the hands will eliminate him getting jammed by another maybe two inches, Well, why don't move off the plate two inches from your stance to begin with? To me, that would be the most simplistic approach to be able to do it. But if the torpedo bat helps you with a different configuration and still the way and balance, that's the other part about selecting a bat.
Speaker 3: It's the.
Speaker 2: Diameter of the handle. I prefer to thinner bat, And then what's the diameter of the barrel of the bat. But how's the weight distributed? How long is it? How many ounces is that bat itself? And does it feel right for you? Because that's the biggest thing. If it feels right, you've got a chance. If it doesn't feel right, you might as well go to Hope Late with the ukulele.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but when you see a guy like confordo struggling, I don't believe he would have gone to a torpedo bat if he was on fire.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Maybe not, but maybe it just feels better. Maybe his his regular bat doesn't quite feel right right now. And if you're the right frame of mind, you have to be able to have a bat that it feels better to you.
Speaker 8: So if you see him come out tonight and go back to a regular style bat, then are we concerned about the psyche?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Then I want to be able to check out. Is it his model bad? Or is he using the bat of a guy that's really hot?
Speaker 3: Okay, get to check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's that mental thing. By the way, today is the anniversary of Lee Ilio. While he was a manager of the Chicago Cubs. The Dodgers beat them in Wrigley Fields seven to two on this date, nineteen eighty three. We're not going to go into the tirade, but boy, that was a dandy. In fact, when that game was over, someone gave us a copy of the tape in his postgame interview or rent if you will, and we listened to it on the way to the airport to fly out of Chicago.
Speaker 3: Oh how many times?
Speaker 2: Few?
Speaker 3: Thanks Ray.
Speaker 8: We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. But now we'll send it back to Tim Kats in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan? How about starting your future to California Community college financial aids available to help you with tuition, the books, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Dodger fans. Classes can fill quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup Brick. We'll be back with Tim Neverertt. They have the keys to the game. But up next to go high and tight with Tanner Scott Dodger reliever to leave you up to Dodgers and Marlin's first pitch to seven to ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins, Jack Dryer Sandiel. Content of the Pitching match Up Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Sushi. Yeah, joy some Zen She handcrafted sushi. It's quick and affordable and the whole family can enjoy it before, during, or after a game. Zen she made fresh on site and daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and a tradition. You can taste two in A Rolls, Salmon Rolls, Tempera shrimp rolls, my favorite, the mango crunchy dragon roll. Picked one of those up. They have the poke bulls as well. Find zen She near the deli counter at Rows Zench Sushi always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This this high and tight.
Speaker 8: Hey Tanner, last night, big milestone in your career, five hundredth career strikeout against your former team, the Marlins. How where were you that you were getting close.
Speaker 3: To that number. Didn't even know. I don't pay attention to it.
Speaker 11: I saw from my wife. My wife let me know, and I was like, didn't know that, but oh, well, on to the next one.
Speaker 8: I guess, yeah, I guess, like when you get that baseball after the game, though, to know it came kind of full circle pitching against the team where you really blossom blossom?
Speaker 3: Did it mean a little bit more? I didn't get the ball. You didn't get the baseball?
Speaker 5: I mean I didn't know.
Speaker 11: I didn't know I had any any meeting behind it. And my wife was like, did you get the ball? And it's like I didn't even know about it. So I mean, hopefully we got it somewhere, but if not, it's okay.
Speaker 8: Can you take us through like what really clicked for you with the Marlins to make you this guy that's as respected as you are as far as closing games.
Speaker 11: When I got there, I started working hard with Melsotomeyer Junior and Wellington Cepada and then just uh, when we had Skip Schumacher, I mean he was confident in me and I trusted my stuff, and uh, confidence has a lot to do with baseball. I mean, if you're confident out there, just move on to the next pitch and you're always ready, ready, ready to go, and ready ready for war.
Speaker 8: And it seems like this year you're throwing more strikes than you ever have before.
Speaker 3: Where have the Dodgers taken you?
Speaker 11: I mean, there's there's so many resources here, It's it's incredible. I mean I go back there and I talked to Connor Mark Barto, and I just I just look at what I was doing right, what I need to fix, because I mean every day I want to I want to be better than I was yesterday.
Speaker 3: But what is it about you throwing more strikes this year. I got no clue.
Speaker 11: I just I'm just trying to attack. So that's so I was trying to go around the question. I mean, I don't know, just going out there and try to trying to get people out and three pitches or less.
Speaker 3: Where do you feel like your fastball's at?
Speaker 8: Where do you feel like your slider's at at this point in the season. Well, you know, I answered, I was talking to el Andrews in Texas.
Speaker 3: He said, he faced you back in the day.
Speaker 11: Elvis Andrews. I think that was with it goes with Baltimore at the time. Yeah, that's when it was just mainly fastball. Those times were a lot of strikes, a lot of balls. It was going everywhere. But uh no, I mean I feel like you're both at a good place and uh yeah, I'm just gonna keep rolling with it.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like you kind of ease into the season or as a closer? Is there anything that you can even come close to even thinking that way?
Speaker 11: Oh? No, I mean, I mean baseball's hard. I mean it's I think it's the hardest sport there is. And I mean you gotta go out there and some days you're on some days you're off, and when you're off, you have to figure it out. I mean your team's when teams are relying on you and you're trying to get out, and I mean ultimately you just you just want to win every day, and I mean that's our goal. We try to win every day and just move on to the next. So I mean, did it start slow, Yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 5: That's whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear. You just keep going, especially in your position.
Speaker 8: How do you make those mechanical adjustm when you're being called upon on a nightly basis in the highest of leverage positions?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I mean we have so many resources with Connor, and I'm just going there and look at all all the numbers and see where I'm at, see where my release height is, see where everything is. And I'm a guy that I need visuals before like reading the numbers. Like if he'll show me the visuals and I like look at it and then I'll try to go correct it that day and catch what Tennor.
Speaker 8: Scott's got his best buddy with him, Evan Phillips, who was just.
Speaker 3: You might hate him more now because you guys.
Speaker 8: Are around each other a lot more down there in the bullpen. You guys have been good friends. What's it like finally to be together in that bullpen?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, it's good.
Speaker 11: I mean it's like old times, back in back in Baltimore from eighteen nineteen all the way up. I mean, we're close in the offseason. It's good to have him down there. It's a friendly face coming to a new place and it's awesome.
Speaker 8: How much is it at this point in time of the season does a bullpen start to come together as its own group.
Speaker 11: It's a small family inside of a big family. So I mean it starts, starts a spring training and then day one it's it's it's we're locked in, loaded, ready to go.
Speaker 8: It feels like everybody has their own different role as a personality.
Speaker 3: You know, who's the guy that cracks the jokes and keep things.
Speaker 11: Like Kirby Definitely Kirby Yates. The guy's a character that's awesome.
Speaker 8: Back in the day of maybe two or three years ago, they used to keep tallies on home run predictions for your own team. Do they still do anything similar to that down there?
Speaker 11: It seems like a personal question, So, uh, maybe maybe there is, maybe there's not. Maybe I'm on the board a couple of times, but maybe I'm not okay, But so I'm gonna leave the answer of that.
Speaker 8: Tanner Scott's a man of mystery. Why don't you show America that beautiful bald head of yours? Tony Gonsolin showed his yesterday?
Speaker 11: Okay, Tony is Tony's like a half bald person, Like he doesn't fully commit on shaving every other day. I mean, if you're gonna be bald, you gotta do it every other day. It's gonna be a nice shine.
Speaker 3: Show us how it looks you do that. I mean, just just zoom in on Al. Al's got a beautiful ball pack. I'm like, how do I get that? I want that? You are truly a man of mystery.
Speaker 8: Won't show the head without the hat, You won't tell us what's going on in the bullpen pool back there?
Speaker 11: All right, I'll bout I'll show my bald head when you shave yours.
Speaker 3: All right, deal, let's do it perfect. So that's never gonna happen, exactly.
Speaker 8: I need to keep as much as I got. Tanner, dang it, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: And lad you're on the Dodgers side now, so is Otani.
Speaker 11: I'm happy to be his teammate. I don't want to have to face him.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Tanner Scott. I gotta love those relievers. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakys dot com or lean. You have to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins. I'm naxtill dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Long, Dodgers and Marlins on this Tuesday, ninth, Game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up in seven ten.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Coresent about your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacomo with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. Here Toyota Dealer Today, they make it easy. Sandy Alkntina on the mound, two and two of six to fifty six ERA, twenty nine year old right handed the Dominican Republic. Ninth season in the Big Leagues. Won the Cy Young Award of the National League back in twenty twenty two. Missed all last year with an arm injury. Fastball, change up slider. He's back, making his sixth start this season last time out six innings, three runs, five hits, four strikeouts in a loss of the Cincinnati Red seventh career start against the Dodgers, He's two in three with an eight thirty eight ERA, and those six starts before this with thirty three strikeouts. His last start came in August to twenty twenty three, six innings, six strikeouts and a victory. Jack Dryer on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty six year old left hander two and one three point fifty two unbelievable. Undrafted and signed by the Dodgers out of Iowa in twenty twenty one, he rows up the ranks of the minor leagues. He now ranks first in the Dodgers and Battian average against one thirty seven opponents batting average. Making his thirteenth appearance this season, his first as an opener. Dodgers Marlins were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game, our next, I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jip On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins. Game two of his three games set. Dodgers going with the opener planned opener Jack Dryer bullpen game the rest of the way, Sandy A. Contada will go for the Marlins first pitch coming up at seven to ten. When the boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have a game plan that is right to protect their house. The same applies to your house. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, user install ignition resistant materi around your home. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with ember and flame resistant events. Use non combustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, we've head back out to the booth, Tim Neverrick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks again. We're getting a set for the first pitch of the ballgame tonight. As the Dodgers and Marlins played game two of this three game set at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers nineteen and ten tied for first in the National League West with the San Francisco Giants. They'll see Sandy al Contra tonight. Al Contra figure is going to be one of the most sought after starting pitchers at the deadline two and two, coming off Tommy John surgery, and he has not had a particularly smooth beginning to this season.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're a looking at Jack Dryer tonight. Trust your stuff. Here's what I mean by that. He's giving up just a one thirty seven batting average against pitches in the strike zone. It's just a one forty three average. Here's maybe the rust in the armor. He's walked ten in fifteen in a third inning. So that's too many free passes. Cut down with the free passes because you're not giving up very many hints to begin with.
Speaker 4: Matt Sower expected to get some bulk innings work here tonight for the Dodgers. He was recalled from TRIPAA Oklahoma City today and is expected to be active and in the ball game tonight. So we'll see Matt Sower backup Jack Dryer in a bullpen game. If the Dodgers can get a quick inning out of Dryer to begin with, he may go two and see how many Marlin hitters he can get through. Sandy el Contra will go for the Marlins. Dodgers Marlins coming up.
Speaker 1: Tim Yeah, first pitch his next bullpen game for the Boys in Blue. I've all the postgame and win who the game is. Afterwards, enjoined everybody, I'm Tim Kates, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network