Speaker 1: Oh medal Tsar, Hello, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: This is the Cult of Conspiracy and I'm the Cage to Night and Raven Lee, and today we are going to be diving into Antarctica. Oddly enough, Raven Lee and I was talking about doing this episode upwards of a week ago, and the more I've been just like scrolling the youtubes and scrolling the instas and all the shit, I've been seeing Antarctica coming up a lot lately, a lot now. Grants, I know the algorithm is always listening to us, so as soon as we had a conversation about it, the phone is just going to randomly show you more Antarctic things. But even from content creators that I actually do watch, a lot of them have been talking about Antarctica more heavily in the last couple of weeks. That's kind of a weird thing to me.
Speaker 3: I think it's because a lot of research is being shown now, a lot of new data. Antarctica is one of those things though, that just never goes away. It's just continuously being brought up because there's so much to the conversation, and even just in this episode, we're only touching on certain things and leaving out a lot, because it's just we would be here all day honestly talking about Antarctica and all the conspiracies surrounding it in different aspects of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's absolutely accurate, and to be honest with you, on the cult conspiracy, we have talked about Antarctica more than a few times. I don't know if we've ever done this deep of a deep dive into it. We've talked about more specific things, right like the Nazi bas there potential portals based out of their certain scientific quote unquote discoveries that have been there. We've talked about the map of it in the perie Res map and all of that. In grants that we're going to be bringing up some of these things today for sure, but I think this is the first time we've ever done this level of a dive into Antarctica in totality, because even looking at it from the scientific narrative, there are so many unanswered questions.
Speaker 3: So much it's just the research is endless. I mean I think I have forty articles pulled up. You have probably about the same. There's just so much happening, and every year they're finding new discoveries.
Speaker 4: They're finding new things. They've been The.
Speaker 3: One Russian group drilled for ten years to get to this one specific lake, and then they didn't even get samples because of the way that the water blew up. So now they're trying to figure out another way to be able to get these samples. I mean, it was over a decade of drilling just to try to get to one location.
Speaker 2: And I mean there's even I got three articles pulled up that we're going to talk about today, and you'll see how the narrative has shifted from twenty eighteen to now. Within those three articles, like, for instance, just to give a little snapshot here, the ice underneath Antarctica is melting, and scientists still have disagreements as to why that is. I like, on the onset, I'm thinking, Okay, there's probably a geothermal you know, volcano tube or something close to this underneath the Antarctica, except for the fact that there's a group of scientists saying that none of those exists. There's no fault lines here, there's no volcanoes here, there's no reason why Antarctica should be heating up from the bottom to the top. Then you have other scientists that are saying, well, it might be some sort of a chemical thermo reaction. But up until recently, they thought that Antarctica was a giant block of ice. There was land underneath it, way way, way deep, but they didn't know to what level it. It's crazy, and you're gonna watch how that narrative and what the quote unquote experts have said shifting narratives over the past seven years, and how drastically different they are cut that into all of the other conversations about the blood, the blood spring.
Speaker 3: The blood fountain, the blood fountains, yeah, the waterfall excuse me, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the life that is living in one of these lakes. We only have one lake that we can get to in an Artica, there's like forty or one hundred and forty I forget what the number is. It's something crazy.
Speaker 3: Fourdred there's four hundred caverns that technically have some type of water system that they've found, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But we can only access one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's quite a few that they are currently trying to get to. They've accessed the they've taken samples from one of them and was able to see so much life down there, and it's pretty much like a Mars to be honest with you, it's an entirely different ecosystem and world.
Speaker 4: And how these little tiny you know.
Speaker 3: I guess parasites are micro microbes and you know, all these things they survived.
Speaker 4: It's insane. So there's a lot to be said.
Speaker 3: And that's not even touching on you know, are the nephilin there, the all the different types of conspiracies that surround in Arctica. This is just really it's talking scientific stuff and the conspiracies in the scientific community of like what is this, Nope, that changed, this is different, and there's a vast majority of it that hasn't even been accessed, let alone studied, because it takes so much to even get there set up, try to study it, and there's it's just never ending. It feels like it's a vast, you know, network of random things down there.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, and of course they're going to be bringing up the Antarctic Peace Treaty and the Madrid Protocol, which everybody thinks that nobody can access Antarctica right now because of this peace treaty, which is a true statement, But does anybody realize that that runs out in twenty forty eight, and that in twenty forty eight, all of these countries are going to start drilling the shit out of Antarctica for its two hundred million or billion barrels of oil that they found there, which is more than all of Arabia.
Speaker 3: That's insane, because you know, we haven't learned not to screw up the world anymore.
Speaker 2: But I mean, they they blew up three nukes in Antarctica just to see what would happen, which we're going to be talking about that today. Took good cult members the US be just doing shit sometimes just for the hell of it.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I didn't go in that that way. I was over here researching all the science stuff of it.
Speaker 2: Nukes are science, although some people believe that nukes are not real. Some people also believe that Antarctica is an ice wall, which we're gonna be talking about that as well. There was that group of flat earthers that made the way to Antarctica. We're going to talk about that very briefly. That's not the main concern of today's episode, right.
Speaker 3: Well, for anybody that actually wants to read about Antarctica, Live Science has tons of you'll hear me constantly bring up this a specific group because They have so much information, and I actually like the way that they present most of it non bias.
Speaker 2: Is it live science or live science? It's me and Jonathan never knew the answer to that. I feel like it's live science.
Speaker 3: It's live it's life science because they cover everything. Now I'm question the whole thing. No, it's live science.
Speaker 4: I know it is.
Speaker 2: That's you see, that's how you could tell we had me and him at very different brain functions because I read it as live science and he's like, you mean live science, and I'm like wait what wait, hold on, And that was a big debate between me and I. So again that's that left brain right brain things.
Speaker 3: So I think it's live science honestly. But now now now I'm questioning them my whole life. Okay, great, Anyways, they have a ton of articles that break down so many aspects of Antarctica in different ways, and you could just keep reading, like they just did this map that's called bed Map three. They have two other maps versions before then, and they took fifty two million I guess information catalogs and.
Speaker 4: All this stuff over four decades to create this map.
Speaker 3: And now they're like, oh, so in Arctica is a lotier than we thought, and we kind of have a problem.
Speaker 4: She a thicklem, Yeah, she's a thick them.
Speaker 3: And they have the problem though, because the ice is actually the way that it is in the water, it's causing the warm salt water to come up and it's eroding. It's more in a precarious state than they ever realized, and it's causing more erosion and faster than they realized. So that's a whole thing because now they're going to start being able to access you know, old vegetation and everything that's underneath because spoiler alert to everyone, it used to be a lush, green forest underneath, at least in some areas.
Speaker 2: It did indeed, And there's also this narrative that's saying that it's because of global warming that Antarctica is melting, and while there may be at least some sort of a kernel of truth to that, it's melting from the bottom up, it's not melting from the top side like you would expect from some sort of global warming situation where it was the ocean water that was causing most of the melting. Although that is happening right the salt water is leaching onto the ice sheet itself, and that is happening deer. There's like forty five massive caverns that have formed under the ice sheet. And these caverns are large enough to hold entire cities, and they almost seem as if they were I'm gonna say this, but just bear with me here. It seems like they were constructed in a very specific pattern. Now one to our I was gonna to our knowledge, no living creature is the one that formed these caverns. We think that this form because of these unexplainable hot pockets underneath. However, the pattern and uh, the line of these caverns, it looks very very specific. I'll say it like that, So who fucking know.
Speaker 3: I definitely do want to get do another episode where we dive into the myths and the lure of Antarctica, because I did actually find some really interesting articles about the Nephilon being there and giants and different things like that. So but that is not where we're We're touching more on the like the actual science today of everything. But I do want to do another episode where we dive deep into the mists of Arctica. Indeed, because I do believe Nephlin or there really do one hundred percent believe that they're there.
Speaker 2: When you say nephelm, and I have to ask this ravenly because you out loud are not a Christian. So when you say nephilim that is specifically an Abrahamic religion type of thing. Do you mean giants or do you in fact mean half demon half human spawns from the Old Testament?
Speaker 4: I mean the spawns. Really, I do actually believe that they're there.
Speaker 2: Even a non Christian believes in the Nephilum, y'all. I'm just saying the evidence is real.
Speaker 3: I do believe that I think that they're there, at least something along akin to that, whatever it might be, I do believe that they are there.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many movies have we seen where there's some sort.
Speaker 4: Of there's something there there.
Speaker 3: I believe that there's at least some type of race of other I guess whatever you want to say it is. I do believe that there is something there, and that there's a lot more too. But I also do think that there's potential to be hollow earth.
Speaker 2: So and we're gonna talk about that today as you enjoy.
Speaker 4: The theory of hollow earth.
Speaker 3: I think it's fascinating I think it's interesting to think about what else could be down there, considering there's so many you know, you heard about Crater Lake in Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just found out about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't actually know that if this is a truth or not. But we did read two articles saying that they have discovered Megladon's potentially in Crater Lake in Oregon.
Speaker 4: Now, for those of you who don't know, creatter Lak is very very very deep.
Speaker 2: But it fresh water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't Look, I don't know, Okay, But I'm just saying there's a lot of places that we haven't gone, you know, the Mariana Trench that we haven't gone all the way down in. You know, there's a lot of places that are unexplored that I think that potentially could be holding I don't know, gateways, maybe it's to the maybe we have the stacked dimensions.
Speaker 2: Look, I can't even say any kind of negativity towards this, because like you're just saying that you believe that the Nephilum or some sort of an ancient giant race, if something is in Antarctica. I am personally of the belief that the Leviathan is real and lives in Marianna's trench. Oh, that's a real.
Speaker 4: Did you hear me about?
Speaker 3: They are thinking that, they are thinking that it's awakening. I there has had several Uh, they've had several things come out about that.
Speaker 4: Actually in the last few weeks. I've been reading about.
Speaker 2: It, you know. And this is not I'm not trying to take a Christian narrative here. I'm not trying to get on a soapbox you are. Nope, Nope, see, I'm not gonna do that. Jacob's not doing that. What I am saying is that I am firmly on the belief that we are in the end times, and and that's there's so so much evidence to suggest this. So when they're saying that the Leviathan might be waking up, I'm just like, yep, as according to plan.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a wild seven years, y'all.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's it's gonna be destruction. That bitch is gonna wake up and fuck everyone up. It's gonna beautiful, it's gonna be The Krack is real. Uh. I do believe there's a Colonel of the Truth to the Kraken. Now maybe not the Kraken.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That we've seen in like like Pirates of the Caribbean, but something extremely close to that. I do believe, that's what I'm saying. So that there if hypothetically make crazy side tangent, but it's worth the tage. Okay, here's the deal here. We got the story of Moby Dick. You know that's actually based off of a real whale that really attacked a shipping vessel as they were trying to hunt it and killed almost everyone.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, well, I mean it does not far fetch though, considering that orcas have taken upon themselves to fuck up yachts and everything else the last few years.
Speaker 2: So orcas have organized themselves to do this, but historically speaking, blue whales never did that. So for this one whale to get stabbed enough them spears to finally be like, you know what, fuck your ship, white boy, and like kill all of them, and well except for like eight I think survived it. So that was one of those seamen's tales, these tall fishing stories that got made into a book, got made into movies and it's a part of the legend and lore, except that that was a real story that took place. Some dramatizations and creative liberties were taken, but the story was real. I believe the kraken is the same way the giant squid that we've seen these deep sea submarines take pictures.
Speaker 3: Up ten thousand feet under the sea. I don't know if you've ever seen that Sean Connery movie. Yeah, back in the day. I'll age myself a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, I love Sean Connery except for his ability to shmack women. I don't like that. But as an actor, he's an og that's fair.
Speaker 3: But but I do think that there's a lot of at least a kernel of truth to a lot of different myths and legends. I will say I've always been a firm bleeder.
Speaker 2: Wow, firm.
Speaker 3: It's early in the morning, y'all. So if you're wondering what time where she? It is very early and my words are not wording for me A firm believer.
Speaker 2: Wow, fern bleeder.
Speaker 3: Now you know what I'm done speaking for today? Everyone, Thank you so much. No, No, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I hear you. I'm I'm also a believer that the giant squid is a thing. Now, how giant are we talking? I mean, I don't know how much of the lord.
Speaker 3: They found was like a few hundred feet. Yes, I think it's a few hundred feet, but.
Speaker 2: I also don't know if that would be enough to rip apart a sail ship from back in the day, or.
Speaker 3: Is it you're talking to say it's just one hundred feet hypothetically, think about how big the suckers are, and those suckers once they like they are locked on, they're not coming off unless it's ripping it apart.
Speaker 4: So I could see it.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe they had a vengeful grudge against some some sailors and was like, you know what, fuck you.
Speaker 2: It's possible. I'm also of the belief as far as the kraken is concerned, that possibly some fishermen from way back, when pulled up one of these giant squids, saw this massive creature and was like, bro, is this the thing that's been fucking up the ships out in this area for one hundred years and then maybe pretty much just got made into a thing. So it's and it's also possible that that's a true statement. It's also possible that that's like one of those fishermen tails that got and I got made into the lore and legend. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think like mermaids, sirens, they hold the colonel to truth if not truthful.
Speaker 2: I believe I believe in mermaids. Oh, I don't really believe in sirens. I think we just call them women in general that be lauren men to their death because these men are just they're they're so weak minded.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you just lead with your dick, yeah it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Name me a sailor that's not leading with his dick.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, as the populous.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, totally, totally. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, you're going to talk about how many wars have been waved over some women.
Speaker 2: A good bit, and once again, was it the men thinking with their dick the ways that won't? Was that that woman pushing pussy power and making millions of men die for her fucking grudge? Oh okay, women's scorn ship.
Speaker 3: If a woman's scorn, Yeah, they have history proof that women will go out of their way to funck shit up on their own, so they don't need the men to come after that.
Speaker 4: I'll say the men that are.
Speaker 2: Like ma, no, I'll say that women women, as far as warfare is concerned, they haven't made history often. But boy, when they fucking do, they're beautiful. You you hear about it for the next three thousand years. That that's that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, like we've gone so oft off from Antarctica.
Speaker 2: You may not know about many Celtic kings, but Joe ass heard about Budka, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: She is just she is awe inspiring. Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 2: You may not know of many Russian monarchs, but you've heard of Saint Olga who burned down an entire town because they killed her husband and she felt some type of way about it.
Speaker 4: Like you, to be fair, I would totally be one of these people. Yeah, out of my way.
Speaker 3: Just what weird?
Speaker 4: But you touch my kids?
Speaker 2: That's it, man, that's really what's that photo off?
Speaker 3: I'm making history because like we were gonna be tortuing some places.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, back onto the Antarctica conversation. We're gonna be talking about a lot of these things. We're gonna be talking about many, many different areas about this. Also a couple of things I was talking about, the hollow Earth possibility. We're gonna be talking about it briefly.
Speaker 3: Very briefly, We're not going deep into this because I do want to talk one day about it, but.
Speaker 2: We are gonna be talking about the whole because before I started doing my research into Antarctica, I didn't know there was a massive hole, yes that they just up until recently allegedly didn't know exactly how I got there or what's at the bottom of it. And I'm like, I'm sorry, wait, you mean to tell me there's an actual giant hole, a bottomless pit in Antarctica that U assholes have known about for forever. And we're just like not.
Speaker 3: Talking that there's a lot of shit down there. I mean to be fair, though, science seems to take.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when it comes to Antarctica and how long it takes and them drilling the different holes in the ground for the ice and what they're finding, the layers of ice and the new bacteria and stuff, and it's like, don't touch it, just don't touch it. Don't bring that stuff up.
Speaker 2: And then I also didn't know that Antarctica has been producing radio pulses.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that until you told me the continent minutes ago.
Speaker 2: It's sounded like there's some secret underground science base that's living, it's sending up these radio signals. Although there may be there may be under the ice population. Apparently the continent itself is sending out radio signals.
Speaker 4: And we're just not gonna question it.
Speaker 2: And we didn't even know about it until twenty sixteen. It's like, I'm sorry, what so anyway.
Speaker 4: It's almost a decade when we haven't really talked about it.
Speaker 2: No, No, they stopped reading them in twenty eighteen. They shut down the program. They're like, ooh, so that's the thing that's happen, and we're just gonna change the turn on the radio.
Speaker 3: They're still sending out that message to deep space, they sure are. They're still sending it out, but we're not gonna talk about the radio frequency that's literally below us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Is it possible that that radio signal from Antarctica has also been sending that out to deep space for the last eon.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you there's an entire population below us. I believe it.
Speaker 2: Good cult members. We're gonna talk about all of it on this episode, And while we go ahead and share the screen, we do want to say, if you would like to join us and seeing what we are talking about, rather than just hearing about it. The what you need to do is go to the link in the description below to Patreon dot com slash Cult to Conspiracy Podcast. When you get there, there are a few tiers for entry. If you go to that five dollar tier every month, then you will get all of these episodes a couple of days in advance. You will get the video footage of it, so you can see what we're talking about rather than just hear about it. But let's be honest, the main reason why people usually go to Patreon dot com is because it is completely fish. That's right. Listen. We hate ads, We hate commercials, hate them so much, and we understand that you do too, because you're a normal human being with a working brain. So if you would like to kick those ads out of the conversation, get the days the shows a couple of days in advance, and see all the video footage. Patroon dot com slash cult the Conspiracy Podcast is the only place to see that. However, there is another tier for that third eye all the way open and if you would like to join us every Tuesday night for our nine pm Central Time live get together every Tuesday night, go to that third eye all the way open tier and join in on the conversation. It's a good time.
Speaker 4: It's gonna see good old Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Jonathan is still gonna be It's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be there.
Speaker 3: He will come and see come and hang out with us, and come chat with us. Let's talk about some hollow earth.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some hollow earth. Let's get into it here. So we're gonna start off with some of the basic things. Maybe some of you have heard of them, some maybe you haven't. But here is from Wayfairer Travel Wait, fairword Travel okay dot com. Fourteen Greatest Mysteries of Antarctica. Okay, just let's just read over the basics here. Okay. So for centuries, Antarctica has captured our imaginations, from the historic first explorers of the eighteen hundreds to the bold scientists of today, we continue to be captivated by the wonder's hail within Antarctica's icy plains. As the world's last unexplored wilderness, Antarctica is shrouded in mystery and as a land of extremes. It's also great at keeping its secrets. The harsh conditions, freezing temperatures, and barren landscapes make Antarctica inhospitable to humans. The frozen continent is about one and a half times the size of the United States, and ninety nine percent is covered in ice, making up to ninety percent of all ice on Earth, which is pretty insane to think about out loud. Despite this, scientists have forged on discovering blood red waterfalls, ancient fossils, peculiar natural phenomenon, and incredible creatures. They've even managed to discover a world beneath the ice, from salty underground lakes to huge mountain ranges hidden below. So we've rounded up the fourteen most fascinating mysteries held within the Great White Continent. So let's just get into it here. Also, I did want to mention this, and I think we're going to bring it up later. The golden age of exploration in Antarctica was a wild, wild time. And you're seeing these guys that were able to live on the continent for like nine months at a time in the early nineteen hundreds, and they didn't have the same type of like thermal gear that we do. It's insane to think about we have like fencilate.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh, it's it. They were freezing. I was just watching a video of on TikTok saying my daily life in our Antarctica.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And they were still like a cold out here, and you saw the wind blowing their tents so hard and they're bundled up underneath everything and just thinking about what we have versus back then.
Speaker 4: They probably were raising their asses off.
Speaker 2: But that was the thing. It was like, understood, if you're going on this expedition, you have a real high likelihood of dying, Like no one's coming to get you. You're using a yeah, in some cases a wooden boat to get there, like you're just you're on your own. Although shout out to Tom Crean who took arguably the most badass sled ride of his life.
Speaker 4: So is that the one that rescued his body?
Speaker 2: So, oh yeah, I'm not going to spend too much time on it. Jacked History on YouTube did a very good deep dive into Tom Crean, and believe it or not, he was using some of the maps that Captain Cook created when they circumnavigated Antarcticle. We'll get to him in a bit. Yes, flat earthers, it's it's not that way, but.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go out of your way this whole freaking episode.
Speaker 2: No, but on this one specifically, yes, because that's another thing they keep talking about. The Captain Cook maps prove that the Earth is flat because of the giant ice wall, And it's like, if you look at the captain's log from Captain Cook and you look at the amount of provision that they took, just the way that you know circumference works, it takes you longer to go around the outside rim of that dinner plate than it would be to go around the continent of Antarctica. They would have ran out of food like a third of the way around if what they're saying about Captain Cook's maps are real for the flat earthers. But beside the point, Cavin Cook actually did a really good job of cartographying, cartographing, yeah, making a map of Antarctica's coastline and a couple of miles inland as well. Tom Crean was able to use those maps to get him and his boys out of danger, So it's actually pretty incredible that this guy was able to make it that accurate.
Speaker 3: But in his map, they actually there's a lot of talk about his map and how it potentially shows that there is a difference in the ice.
Speaker 4: Wall quote unquote quote.
Speaker 3: And difference in the ridges and stuff like that, how it would be, how it would have been forming kind of like Pangaea. Yeah, how that you can see how it was originally a part of one continent.
Speaker 2: That's incredible and so yeah, so Tom Crean basically he and his two buddies that were stranded had to walk a distance of the state of Texas right in Antarctica in the snow, and like how it's treacherous and you could fall through the ice at certain spots or whatever. And then they had to climb a ten thousand foot sheer ice wall, like the fucking Wilding's trying to climb the fucking the wall to get to wester Ros.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is his buddy or his lover, because like that's a lot to go through for a buddy.
Speaker 4: Well, so to be weird, I probably would with my friends.
Speaker 2: But one of them had snow blindness and had also gotten frostbite so bad he couldn't walk, so he and his other home. He had to make a sled and pull this dude this distance. Then they had to climb up ten thousand feet and then when they got to the top of it, they realized, like, all right, so either a we go sideways and go down the slope and it'll take us like three times as long, or we take the most epic sled ride that any human being has ever taken. Two thousand feet sled ride, Oh my god, with no way of steering and no way of slowing down, just fucking toboggan and your ass off all the way to the bottom.
Speaker 3: For those that have never actually like sledded down a mountain or taken a tube down a mountain, you get some speed.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, there was zoom them insane speed.
Speaker 2: On the upside. There was no trees for them to hit, but there were some ridiculous snow drifts that they were just like, Okay, I guess there's gonna lean and hope for the best here, and believe it or not, all the men survived and did not get injured from it.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that they don't make men like this anymore, but what I will.
Speaker 2: Says it's also pretty obvious why women live longer than men. I'm just gonna throw that out because women would look at that and be like, there's no way men are like we have to gents, we're gonna die. It's it's a whole thing, you know. And then Tom Crean gave.
Speaker 3: If somebody was like, somebody told me, like, you can't do it, bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Tom is also insane because he got home to England. He won all these awards from the King himself for his expeditionary work, gets home to Ireland, never tells a soul, never brings it up, never brings up why their's statues erected to him in certain places of the world. He goes home and opens a pub and calls it the South Pole. Ind I love it. And only after his death did somebody finally open up his trunk of treasures and be like, wait, this guy was an international hero. Old Tom, Like, yeah, good old Tom. Old Tom did gangster shit in Antarctica more times than you you.
Speaker 4: Know anyway, So that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it here as far as the random crazy things about in Arctica, so let's talk about some underground lakes. It's difficult to imagine anything beneath the thick layers of ice in Antarctica, yet scientists have discovered a number of underground lakes. First uncovered in nineteen seventy With radars, they are estimated to be around four hundred lakes sitting under three kilometers of ice. Yeah, I misspoke earlier.
Speaker 3: I was. I was sweating it out for a second hour. I was like, God, I hope it didn't misspoke.
Speaker 2: No, no, because I was thinking, like, there's not forty I couldn't remember what the forty number was it that was the caverns or the underwater lakes.
Speaker 4: So I was worried cold.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, I hope I'm not an asshole and just randomly said some shit.
Speaker 2: With all of the information we've compiled on this episode, we're gonna fuck things up a little bit. That's why we got the articles that we don't misspeak. You see that we actually were willing to admit when we're a little fucked up anyway, the regions, uh yeah, three kilometers of ice in the regions that were explored. Scientists believe the lakes were formed after the separation of Antarctica from Godwana Land. Gonda wan Land, Gondwana land, Okay, the ancient super continent. Is that what they're calling Pangaea gonda wan Land. I've actually what Gulla Gulla island.
Speaker 4: I never heard, and I'm gonna sit here and look it up.
Speaker 2: That might be like the section of Pangaea where it broke off from.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna look it up, because Pangaea is I truly infirmly believe in Pangaea.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's that's I was on the belief that was proven science. But then you hear so many people like that's not true because people a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people don't actually believe in it. They want to argue that it's not a real thing. That's insane, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if you're still shifting, we can track them right now and if you backtrack that it's not even a disputable fact that Pangaea at one time existed.
Speaker 4: So sure, it's an ancient super continent.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is from Britannica incorporated present days South America, Africa, Arabia, Madagascar, India, Australia, and Antarctica. It was fully assembled by late pre cambro.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that word pre Cambrian.
Speaker 4: Thank you time six hundred million years ago.
Speaker 2: So okay, So pant was the original and then when it split off in a couple of big chunks, one of those giant chunks was gone to Wantland.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what it looks like.
Speaker 3: So there's quite a few articles on it, so people can actually look it up and see, I never and home my time have heard about this, and now I feel like an epic failure, not mine, being an environmental having environmental science background, I feel like.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it, but I'd be lying if I told you before we read this, if I knew what it was. It's one of those things where it sounds very similar to so many other so and so lands you've heard of before. It's like, sure, that sounds like a place, Yeah, some rain mass shit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's the names that they come up with. It's like, why probably.
Speaker 2: Because the one that wrote it down was named Gondwana.
Speaker 3: They could just make up an easy name like Land, Bob bob Land, bob Land obviously the easy shit.
Speaker 2: Man, I love it. Caesar Land, Caesar Land. No, see they did that. That's why there's At one point there was a dude named Alexander, the kind of Okay, you probably heard of him, and that's why there's like eighteen Alexandria's all over the Mediterranean Sea because Homeboy was just like, ah, yes, this land is now mine. It's like, bro, you already named seven other cities after yourself and now it's a bitch.
Speaker 4: But anyway, typical men.
Speaker 5: Oh all right, all right, fair, I can't refuse. It was like, let's wait, whatever. Any lake lake Vostok Vostik. I don't know if I'm pronouncing it right. I speak American English. Discovered in the nineteen nineties by Russian scientists. Oh then, obviously it's fall stock in, the largest subglacial lake in Antarctica. It's also the third largest lake by volume in the world, lying three point five kilometers below the ice. Scientists have since drilled deep holes into the ice to extract a sample of the lake water, and one sample showed the water to be around negative three degrees celsius, which sucks, despite being covered by ice over twenty million years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh so they actually got a sample of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, There's there was another lake that we were talking about where they were trying to drill down to it and couldn't get samples of it yet. This one they have gotten.
Speaker 3: Sad, there is quite a few lakes that they've been working on different different groups.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and we're going to talk about this lake a couple of times throughout this episode because the life forms that they've found inside of this lake, they're operating in ways that have only been discovered in a few other sections on Earth, like these volcanic tubes under the ocean, where no life should be able to live, but they keep finding these microbes that are existing from no sunlight, no vegetation. They're basically doing chemosynthesis, is what it's called. They are eating sulfur and methane particles and creating energy out of it. And it's very strange because they are of the belief now knowing that it doesn't require sunlight or oxygen or vegetation, that that might be the type of quote unquote life forms that we might have on other planets, which is interesting as hell. But anyway, we're going to talk about those more in specific as time goes on, especially when we get to the blood falls. All right, So these incredible species haven't seen fresh air or online for millions of years, yet they flourish using methane and ammonium as energy to grow. Let's see here, Oh yeah, I says. In twenty fourteen, scientists had a major breakthrough at Lake Wilhon's discovering a diverse and active ecosystem of microorganisms in the lake nearly a kilometer under the ice sheet. And it's crazy because these lifeforms haven't seen oxygen in multiple millions of years. It's crazy. So now we got number two. Deep Lake is an inland lake in East Antarctica that has fascinated scientists for years. The lake sits fifty five meters below sea level, with water salinity increasing as it gets deeper, which is also pretty fascinating. The deeper you go, the saltier it gets. The salty waters are comparable to the Dead Sea and are ten times saltier than the ocean. This means the water does not freeze despite temperatures reaching negative twenty degrees celsius. For those of you who speak freedom units, not commie units. The metric system, as far as temperature goes one hundred degrees celsius is boiling point of water, which would be two twelve fahrenheit. The freezing point of water is zero degree celsius, which we would have is thirty two degrees fahrenheit. So whenever they're saying negative to twenty degrees celsius, we're talking well below the freezing point of water, and it's still not freezing.
Speaker 3: So that's a part of the map that I was just talking about a little bit earlier. This is the issue that they're seeing in other parts, is that it's so salty that it's eroding ice quicker than it can form.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. It's getting saltier, which goes against all logic. Honestly, the Dead Sea, there's a reason why it's getting saltier, and we know that Antarctica, they can't get deep enough into that lake to get a sample of the bedrock, so to speak, so they don't know why it's getting salty. They are assuming it is something very similar to the Dead Sea. But even still, it's melting the ice, which is fresh water, which should desalinate the water a bit, but it's just making it work, which is it's mind blowing. But anyway, chemistry. I love chemistry, but even reading into on some of these things, it's like, wait, that that's impossible unless there's some other factor that nobody knows about yet. And that's the thing. There are so many unknown factors when it comes to this continent, so that honestly, sky's the limit as far as hypotheticals goes, so the lake is practically inhabitable with one of the least productive, yet most remarkable ecosystems in the world. Scientists have found four micro species living in the water, although it's dangerous for most other animals. Well yeah, some penguins have been spotted swimming in the waters, but they can easily die as the lake is much colder than the ocean. This bitch is freezing penguins.
Speaker 3: The fuck o saltwater lake, salty free freezing pot penguins.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's insane. Penguins are built for this shit. Then they get into this saltwater lake and it's like, nah, dude, you ain't got a shit on us. Now let's get into the blood falls. In the McMurdo Dry Valley, a bright crimson five story waterfall pours out of Taylor Glacier into Lake Bonnie. It looks like a gush of blood from the wound in the ice, But scientists have recently discovered the cause behind this mysterious phenomenon, or so they say.
Speaker 4: I was joking with my friend.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the blood falls yesterday, and I was seeing, well, hey, maybe this is where all the people go and they just they're just pumping out the blood.
Speaker 2: This is where all the bodies on Earth go.
Speaker 4: This is where all the bodies go. They're just chopping them up.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I'm kidding cult members, I am kidding.
Speaker 2: But also, could you imagine being Captain Cook, you know, and seeing that you're going around this massive ice continent. You're trying to draw out the maps, and then you look and you're just like, okay, so the Earth is bleeding. Obviously that's what this is. We found Earth got hurt at some point.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's on her period.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's where Mother Earth is having her period. Because this antarctica, whereas the Germans call it Earth's vagina.
Speaker 4: I feel it. I feel that.
Speaker 2: And you know what those sailors probably had that too, is like you know what, sure, this explains the storms, right, They're.
Speaker 3: Probably like, oh, okay, yeah, this is the Earth is a woman's yep. That's why they're like, this is definitely a woman. Moody, temperamental, Oh my god. Sucuations can flourish really great brings, life can destroy shit when pissed off. Yo, the more you think about it, you're like, no, one hundred percent, this is a female.
Speaker 4: Earth is definitely a female. Mother Earth is a vibe, you know. Mm hm.
Speaker 3: That's why so many women gravitate towards praising Mother Earth. And our blood actually nourishes plants.
Speaker 2: That's true, It is true. Yep.
Speaker 4: The silence is definitely no.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm trying to think of that from the perspective of these sailors who have been to see for months and months haven't seen a woman. They ran out of manatees to fuck, and then they see they do that the sea cow, aka the the ocean's pocket pussy.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna sidestep this and go back to the blood falls.
Speaker 2: That's where the story of mermaids came from. They were catching sea cows because apparently their vagina is the closest thing to a woman's vagina found in nature, so like it was a thing. So like you know, Cavin Cook and his boys around an article.
Speaker 4: Always men, but it's always fucking men.
Speaker 2: Oh oh really yeah, because you.
Speaker 3: See a whole bunch of women out there just hunting down shit.
Speaker 2: The fuck Catherine of Russia was caught fucking a horse multiple times. I don't want to hear this woman. Oh oh, person two men sh whatever whatever did anyway, back to what I was saying. You know, they're out at sea for this long and it's frozen. They're on a wooden ship with sails and shit, and they're drawing this ice wall and then they see that and there's like, cap'n, I think that the Earth actually is a woman, and then that's proof. And I could just imagine them being like, logically, this must be the Earth has a gender, and they just wrote that shit down.
Speaker 3: It is one hundred percent of woman. You can't dispute that. There's no way that you could say that Earth is a man in any way.
Speaker 2: It's a fucking bitch anyway, Ah she is. The Earth can be a bitch sometimes.
Speaker 4: All right, back to these blood falls the.
Speaker 2: Record, The sun is a bit of a dick. I'm just saying, how many times you've been out in the summer or when you was in twenty nine. He's like, okay, son, you could quit being a dick whenever you're ready. The son's obviously a dude. He's a bit of a dick.
Speaker 4: The Moon's woman.
Speaker 2: I claim that, you know, I'm afraid to dig deeper on that because watch that bitch be bleeding too, And shit, I don't know, I don't know, we don't know. It's on the dark side. But that's the thing. She's a two faced bitch what she is becuz we only see one side of her. There's a whole other shit going on the backside.
Speaker 3: Wow, you are feisy this early morning. She's a duplicitus bitch.
Speaker 4: If nothing else, she's a gemini.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we must bring the horoscopes.
Speaker 4: Yeah we should.
Speaker 2: Well, we aren't talking about the moon, so why not. Anyway, anyway, back to the blood Falls now, the water that bleeds, or the water that feeds Blood Falls, was once a salty lake that is now a cutoff from the atmosphere due to the formation of glaciers on top of the lake. The water is preserved four hundred meters underground and has become even saltier over time. It's now three times saltier than seawater and cannot freeze. The salt water is also extremely rich in iron and completely devoid of oxygen and sunlight. The iron rich waters seep through in a fissure in the glacier and come out into contact with the air. The iron oxides and rusts, staining the water a dark red color. The eerie side is only accessible by helicopter or cruise ships visiting the Ross Sea.
Speaker 4: So now my ass ain't going on in no cruise ship.
Speaker 2: No, I mean not to Antarctic.
Speaker 4: Like you know you can't fly.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you could fly there. There's planes that make their way that drop to drop cargo, and shit, I would like to go. There's a there's a resort.
Speaker 3: You the man that can't handle like the slightest of temperature drop, yeah, wants to go to the coldest place on Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like fifty degrees outside right now in Louisiana cult members and I'm fucking pissed about it, Okay, but hear me out. I just would like to step foot on every single continent on Earth at least one time in my life, just to say that I did it right. It's one of those stories. Now, there is a resort that opens for like two months out of the year in Antarctica every year, and I would like to go. I don't want to go on no exploration. I ain't going there for no dig sites.
Speaker 4: That's what I would go for.
Speaker 2: Oh No, And like, don't be wrong, there's a part of me like to go to the South Pole itself, because that moves every year. You know, it's like this little brass hockey puck that they put at the specific spot, but like every year it moves like three feet. So like I would love to go and step at that spot, but that's like miles and miles of on your feet humping it through Antarctica. I'm good on that. I just want to like go see it.
Speaker 3: They actually had a I got sent a couple of years ago, like I don't know, maybe two years ago, an application to go and to do archaeological dig sites there.
Speaker 2: And I was like, some of the homies that you dug with at that other archaeological site, they went there, didn't they?
Speaker 3: One of them that I know for sure went there. I definitely would go. I mean, I want to see what's up. If there was vegetation, which it's one hundred percent confirmed, you can't argue that if there's vegetation, there should be potentially people that have been there.
Speaker 2: So that's a fair assessment, yes, right, Because if there's plant vegetation, there must be animal life, and if there is plant and animal life, it would stand to reason that human beings have made their way there at some or maybe not human beings, maybe you know, one of our god knows how far back ancestors or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's actually the thought is that some type of homeo homeo species of some type was there at some point.
Speaker 4: Now they just have to find it.
Speaker 2: Now that's fascinating too. I don't know, I don't know the amount of digging to get there. Cross.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now we're talking about the flora and fauna of Antarctica. Let's talk about number four on the list unusual creatures. Antarctica is a barren, icy desert with very little rainfall, fierce winds, and the coldest temperatures on Earth. The coldest recorded temperature was negative eighty nine point four degrees celsius. We're talking about converting that to fair net, you know, raveingly real quick, convert that shit to fahrenheit for me, because one hundred and eighty nine point four degrees celsius. I'm I'm guesstimating here, but that's like one hundred and sixty negative one hundred and sixty degrees fahrenheit. That is that's disgusting, like, oh my god, why does this place exist? That's disgusting, like that actually kind of makes me nauseous. Y'all don't understand how much I hate the cold. There's a reason I live in Louisiana.
Speaker 4: And then you're sitting here wanting to talk about.
Speaker 2: Going for one day. Yeah, and in the uh you.
Speaker 4: Said eighty nine or one hundred night.
Speaker 2: Negative eighty nine point four. Oh wow, converted to fahrenheit, I'm guesstimating that it's around one hundred negative one hundred and sixty fahrenheit.
Speaker 3: Let's see, it's one hundred and twenty nine, one hundred and ninety two fahrenheit.
Speaker 2: Negative one hundred and ninety two fahrenheit. Wow, I was off by a bit. The coldest recorded temperature on Earth is negative one hundred and ninety two degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 4: I wonder how cold the different parts of the Moon is or Mars.
Speaker 2: So depending on which science you read, some say we've never been to the dark side of the Moon, so we don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying because of the creatures quote unquote that we've found down there that are have no sunlight, no air, that are surviving and thriving, stands reason that potentially they could have came from other planets. Could be, you know, so I was just kind of curious. If it got that freezing cold, then I actually don't know what the temperature is of those planets, So I don't know either.
Speaker 2: We may talk about these planets another time, to be honest with you. Yet, it also is home to a myriad of unique wildlife. It was previously thought that nothing could survive beneath the mass of ice sheets. However, scientists had discovered a number of unusual species that have adapted to the harsh environment. These are microbes, crustaceans, colossal squid, leggy spiders the size of dinner plates.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the spiders?
Speaker 2: No, Oh my god, there's got fucking spiders the size of dinner plates.
Speaker 4: In the water.
Speaker 3: Oh god, water, they're alive. So there's a video that we're gonna show later on. That's an hour and thirty minutes. They actually show video of the spiders that they saw when they went down.
Speaker 4: They showing them there's this massive one.
Speaker 3: On this boulder, and I was like, you know what, of course it would be a goddamn spider that's alive under the water.
Speaker 2: Like now, it changes the topic. Whenever we hear that the United States nuked Antarctica three times. Now you're thinking, like, you know, maybe they were on something here.
Speaker 3: Yo, the alien movies become more and more realistic every day. Prometheus is definitely a vibe I don't For those that don't know, I'm a complete alien movie nerd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a definite one.
Speaker 2: So I still don't believe they're coming here to help humanity, like, not even a little bit.
Speaker 4: Nick will tell you otherwise.
Speaker 2: I know that there's people out there, in good Cole members even that disagree with my statement on that, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I think there could be eventually two different types, well not two different types, two types ones that want to take over and ones that might actually not want really much of anything, that are doing their own exploration of space and they're just kind of like, hey, what's up? There could be standard reason now those that are coming here and taking people know the one hundred percent were fucked.
Speaker 2: Oh no, listen, I'm not saying that all aliens are inherently bad and are all trying to kill humanity. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they probably run the game, but the same way that people do. There are some great people out there. There are some evil people out there, but there are all still people. What I am saying is that the aliens that are making the journey to us probably aren't the space hippies that are out here just trying to vibe.
Speaker 4: I think it could be both.
Speaker 3: I think that it could have their own science sector where they're like coming to explore to see what's up with other planets that kind of vibe, and they're not actually here to kill nobody. And then I one hundred percent believe that various takeover aliens of some type. Obviously the man I'm not off that, by the way, the manchuers, Yeah, I'm not off of it.
Speaker 2: That really fucked you up.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, aliens is not my vibe, like in the sense of like do I want to get down with them? Absolutely not. I would take a vampire over aliens any day of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And vampire is guaranteed will kill you.
Speaker 4: Aliens might I might have a chance to survive because like, maybe they're not gonna turn you. You know what, I could be quite you know, persuasive. Okay, I can be really persuasive.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, look, let me help you out. You want you want to get some more people. I got you. I'll be like, oh boy, like deeper creepers could drive around my little van and like collecting people that are terrible and be like here you go.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're just gonna feed the vampire a bunch of homeless like addicts.
Speaker 4: Not homeless, no pedophiles. Ah, I'm doing justice for people. See you're welcome. I might be able to, like, you know, swiggle my way into that.
Speaker 2: Why don't we give the aliens the pedophiles?
Speaker 4: I don't understand that, Like why.
Speaker 2: Or the homeless give them them for experimentation and shit? That's fine.
Speaker 3: Well, there's actually a lot to be said that a lot of homeless go missing, like a lot of molests go missing every year, and they just vanish and they're.
Speaker 2: Just they're not getting harvested for their organs. That's for goddamn sure, because them people have ruined their bodies by that point, right with the crazy drug epidemics that are so rampant within the homeless community, or excuse me, I'm sorry, let's use the politically correct term the unhoused, the unhomed community, which is fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: I mean, they at least a lot of them though have There is a good portion that have gone through a lot of stuff that definitely just need help.
Speaker 4: But like the pedophiles, now, let's kill them all.
Speaker 2: I no, no, and not every single homeless person is like a horrible human being by any means. There are some people that truly fell on hard times through no fall to their troubles.
Speaker 4: Drugs are but they're highly addictive.
Speaker 3: I mean, being an addict like is really hard for a lot of people, but there.
Speaker 2: Is I would argue that most of the homeless community are homeless by choice because they would rather live in a lawless society where they're just left to their own devices to do what they want.
Speaker 3: I don't know statistics, to be honest with you. But anyway, back to the creatures.
Speaker 4: Of the deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all right, Like I said, there are microbes, crustaceans, colossal squid, leggy spiders the size of dinner's plates, giant worms with shiny golden bristles, and a large, sharp toothed jaw.
Speaker 4: Dune.
Speaker 2: They got Dune, and they got the kraken in these lakes.
Speaker 4: And they got aliens, the alien perverse predator.
Speaker 2: Tell me this isn't an alien. Tell me any of these aren't aliens anyway. You can't even see through the ice or I'm sorry, you can even see through the ice. Fish. They're translation the translucent ones.
Speaker 3: Oh man, they're really cool. If you actually look at the and their brains are right behind their eyes, and they're super little. They're really neat to look at. I actually really fuck with the dark deep creatures.
Speaker 2: Some of these creatures don't even have eyes because they have no sunlight, and they have no pigmentation because there's no need for pigmentation if there's no light.
Speaker 3: So one shark that they found that's like one of the oldest I think it's like recker. They think it's like around five hundred years old or four hundred and eighty years old.
Speaker 2: That one specific shark.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, and it has no eyes.
Speaker 3: Goddamn, it's really creepy looking, but it's super fascinating.
Speaker 2: But that's some of them have no eyes. But some of these strange creatures have large eyes and their internal organs can be seen through their translucent skin. The fish have anti freeze glioproteins and cannot survive in warmer waters. They literally have anti freeze in their veins.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised they don't harvest them to try to use them with the bat blood to be able to let us go into space.
Speaker 2: Don't. Don't even give them the fucking idea. Next thing, you know, we're gonna be having other types of chimera hybrids in this bitch.
Speaker 4: But I don't doubt that they're going to use it.
Speaker 3: If they have the property to be able to try to mix with human blood, it would make sense.
Speaker 2: They also don't have any hemoglobin, which is the protein that makes our blood red, which that's fascinating. Now let's talk about some of the Now we talked about some of the fauna of Antarctica, let's talk about some of the flora of Antarctica. There is an ancient fossil rainforest in Antarctica, holy shit, and Arca previously was a warm region with rainforests. Antarca is an ancient land that has undergone some incredible transformations over millions of years before it became a frozen desert after the ice Age. Antarctica is actually a warm region with rainforests and possibly even civilizations, which, gotta be honest with you, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: The seam squenches are there is.
Speaker 2: That where the same squenches took off from me.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's where they are.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we at this point, would it be a yetti or sam squench?
Speaker 3: What if they were like they hybrided it, and then that's where they are.
Speaker 2: Like that polar bear brown bear mixture that they just found.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, y'all, Oh my god, I'm excited now.
Speaker 2: Theory developed from the discovery of fossilized wood signs of tropical trees and leaf impressions that show the existence of rainforests in Antarctica. Scientists have also found a ton of fossils from marine animals, birds, and dinosaurs from the Crustaceous period. Among the smaller species, they've uncovered the fossils fore wings of a beetle species that lived between fourteen and twenty million years ago in warmer climates, and tiny single cell fossils that have been a great source of debate among scientists. They've also found fifty million year old sperm cells on the egg case of a long extinct species of worm, an extraordinary discovery that scientists hope will lead to the new evolutionary information.
Speaker 4: They're going to recreate it.
Speaker 2: They have to now, right they have the egg and the sperm of some prehistoric worm. Clearly we need to get that into a crisper about the dire wolf back. So they're going to do it. They tried, that's not a real They did gene splicing to make it a kind of dire wolf hybrid. But it's if we're gonna get technical that things like maybe twenty percent dire wolf. Okay, but it at least steps in that directly.
Speaker 4: Watch Jurassic Park except for somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried.
Speaker 4: How do you not watch Jurassic Park as a kid.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most iconic movies and one of my favorite movies ever.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm not gonna throw shade at it. The concept is cool. The is a star study cast, all the things. It's kind of like Star Wars.
Speaker 4: Today, I was gonna say it.
Speaker 3: I was just saying, and you're gonna say it's like Star Wars or Star Trek, which you're also lame and gay for.
Speaker 4: Not like those.
Speaker 2: I understand. I understand the fandom. I get why people lose their shit over it. Star studied cast, excellent writing, the cinematography, the everything that the CGI. I get all of it. It's just not my jam.
Speaker 3: I would rather do in his ear was like one of the most Like as a kid, I was, ooh, they hold this guy down and they put this warm in his ear and it like gets into side of his brain and stuff, and just it fucked.
Speaker 4: Me up as a kid. But I was like, yes again as well.
Speaker 2: But I get the fandom, it's just not my jam. I would literally rather do anything else than sit and watch that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know we're gonna move on before I feel some type of way.
Speaker 2: Listen, I understand I've gotten shits so much because of this throughout my entire life.
Speaker 4: I will never let this go.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: Good cult members, if you hear me, send me all the Star Trek and Star Wars memes and Jurassic Park. Andrassic Park because I got you, because I am one hundred percent a fan.
Speaker 2: And anything involving Chevy Chase because god, I can't stand that guy.
Speaker 3: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is my favorite Christmas movie besides White Christmas and The Grinch.
Speaker 4: The Og Grinch, by the way.
Speaker 2: The cartoon not with Jim Carrey.
Speaker 3: No, the cartoon with Boris Karloff. I do love that is the true Grinch. I agree Boris Karloff. But I also I'm a fan of all original horror movies and like their whole thing. So that was my absolute favorite. I probably watched it at least twenty times every Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real, saying, but I do you like the Jim Carrey Jim Carrey suck in that movie?
Speaker 3: Like it was good, but it wasn't that good, Like it wasn't like the most amazing.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good remake, that's all. I'm not going to say it's better than the original. It's just it's different. It's the same with the new new one that they have the cgi on with. Uh, it's old Bennitt cumber Patch is the voice of old Doctor Strange is the voice of the Grinch. And like, it's a decent remake. It's not better than the Jim Carrey version, but it's also not necessarily in line with it, you know what I mean. It's like they took inspiration from it. But anyway, all right, now let's get into the gamber stev Mountain range. Some of these would say these are the pyramids that are in an article, which are very fascinating, and we may in fact do a whole other episode talking about those and some of the other stuff that we're kind of briefly touching on today but not going in depth on. But let's talk about it here. Antarctica holds many secrets beneath its vast ice sheets, even a massive mountain range hidden below a two or four thousand I'm sorry, two two four thousand kilometer thick sheet of ice are the gamber Staff Mountains. They stretch for twelve hundred kilometers and rise three thousand meters, a third of the height of Mount Everest. Also, I just watched the dude ski down the entirety of Mount Everest. Yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 3: I were super fascinated with Mount eversus a kid. In fact, I'm not gonna lie, I may or may not have wanted to hike the bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, that's another one. I hate the cold, but like I would give it the old college try.
Speaker 3: I definitely spent a good majority of my childhood figuring out if I was going to, like, if I had it in me enough to do this. Yeah, and I actually really wanted to do it, hiking and rock climbing and everything like that.
Speaker 2: So I thought about it more as a kid too, And I was like, you know what, I can't just like decide to do Everest. It's like deciding you're going to run a marathon with no training prior to. It's not a good move. So like, okay, how about I try climbing the tallest mountain range in North America, right the peak of North America, and then see how well that goes, and then I'll gauge if I can go that route. Yo in the Marine Corps. Just doing basic hiking taught me. Fuck that shit, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I am even say I like you hate hiking, I do so much.
Speaker 3: I actually belonged to Hike It Baby Group when I was lived in organ So Hike It Baby, Yeah, shout out to Shanty So those of you that have kids. Hike It Baby Group is a national group that Shanty made. She lives in Orgon and they pretty much get together a whole bunch of moms and we wear our babies and we go for hikes.
Speaker 2: Okay, and like that's that's different. That's fun, right because you're doing it with friends. It's about being outside all.
Speaker 4: These but then that's I started my love of hiking.
Speaker 3: So I wore my one child for like probably I think it was like five hundred collective miles over a course of a few years of that.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like we did, we did a lot of hikes.
Speaker 3: We at one point we're doing every day a hike and just depending on how long, you know, he wanted to go and stuff, we would if we would hike a lot, like it took years to hike that much.
Speaker 2: But it's not hiking in its principality that I hate so much. Like, Okay, if you're especially if you're doing like uh no, not even that. Like let's say you're doing an elk hunt, right, you have to hike it through the mountain range to get to the elk and then field to strip it in there so you could carry this shit out. And that's like you're hiking, but for a purpose. I have no problems with that.
Speaker 4: If you're going to something you can't handle just.
Speaker 2: Walking in the woods just for the sake of walking in the woods, I'm like that, But for what purpose?
Speaker 3: That's so funny because where me, I'm like, let's go to the woods and just go walk.
Speaker 2: Like a fish or something where there's like there's this one fishing hole, but it's like twenty miles in the woods. There's no trails to get there. We have to hike it. Okay, I'm down. It's for a purpose. And when we get there, we're gonna camp out over the night and then we're gonna come back. Okay, that's all fine and good. It's the same concept of these people that are like, oh, camping is a family tradition, I.
Speaker 4: Really do that camping?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Why why?
Speaker 3: I absolutely let But that's the cultural differences between my home verse here.
Speaker 2: No, camping used to be everybody's family tradition until we created the thing called the fucking house dog.
Speaker 4: Everybody goes camping on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: But what purpose to just enjoy nature, to unplug, to be out in nature, to get back to our roots, to be able to just there is an actual science about being a nature and how it pretty much resets your nervous system. And for me, when when I do go home, I like strategically plan my hikes with how long I'm gonna be home, and like I plan how many hikes I can get in, how much I can go outdoors, Like cause down the street from my parents' house is one of one of the main hiking trails I mean, I live under the mountains, so like I can go all over to hike. So I planted out just how much time I can spend in nature and camp.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just different. I guess it depends on who you are and where you're from. I not do that, no, not of course not. But being in nature though I grew up on the Bayou and being in the woods more often than I wasn't like making fires is a thing I did every single day. Sleeping outside was a thing that we did all the time. So it's not like it wasn't like a crazy connection thing for me. It was like just a thing we did. So I guess, like the theory of I understand why people from like the city, why they would go on like their yearly camping trip, because like they just don't do nature.
Speaker 4: They like to do it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Like all my friends that are still back home, they go camping several times a year. I mean, the camp site is a twenty minute drive away from my house. Tons of people do that.
Speaker 2: Fuck a camping site. That's what the camping site is.
Speaker 3: All it is is just a you're just able to park your car and then walk to the camping site. Can't like walk into it there is. It kind of moves around like you can kind of drive, you can. You can camp anywhere all over.
Speaker 2: And fuck lamping, fuck all that. Get to a cabin and shit, no, get on the ground.
Speaker 4: I love cabin so oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But you don't consider that camping. You consider that a.
Speaker 3: Consider that like a vacation, Like you're taking a vacation. For me, I just go out in the woods. We we went to Tennessee and did that for I think it was like six days.
Speaker 4: We got a cabin in the woods and we just were out there.
Speaker 2: And that's fine. I got no issue with that. But these people that consider that camping that that kills me. Also, it's no just say you went on a vacation to a cottage. That's dope, no issue with it. Camping is when like, yo, you don't have you're not bringing your own water, like you got to figure that shit out. You you're eating whatever you killed while you're out there, or whatever you caught while you're out there, Like you're not even bringing food with you, like we're doing that kind of thing. But apparently these people are like, well, that's not camping. I'm like, then, what do you call it survival surviving, which is what camping is supposed to be. Which also I can't wait whenever my children turn sixteen, I cannot wait to take them on a survival camping trip where we literally go into the woods for three days with only what we can carry in our pockets, no bags, and we are gonna survive.
Speaker 4: I can carry a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: I mean sure, But besides the point, like, these are skills that you need, I personally believe that every human being should know. You should know how to start a fire. You should know how to make a gypsy well and get some assemblance of clean drinking water. You should learn how to set up a snare trap. You should like these are basic things that humans have been doing since the beginning of time. But that's just not a thing that people know how to do anymore.
Speaker 4: People don't know how to grow gardens hardly anymore.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, so roadblocks doesn't count.
Speaker 2: No, it does not.
Speaker 4: I do love grog garden roadblocks.
Speaker 2: God anyway, all right back to this here. The mountains were named after Soviet geophysicist Grigory A. Gamber Stev after they were discovered in nineteen fifty eight by Russian scientists. The scientists are traveling across an article when they encountered a thin spread of ice and recorded abnormal gravity fluctuations. Now that's interesting, revealing an incredible wonder below. Although we've never seen the mountains. Scientists use radar to see the physical features of the mountains, while gravitational and magnetic readings allowed them to study the mountains all the way to their base. The gamber Stevs have long baffled scientists as to how they were formed and why they still exist. As mountains are around a billion years old, they should have eroded away with the geological passing of time. There are many theories about how they are still standing. Predominantly that they that there may be a frozen mantle protecting the mountains from erosion. That's pretty incredible. And yes, there's that one mountain set that is very pyramid looking, very very pyramid looking, and there have been some scientific explanations as to why that is. Right. When a glacier forms on the side of a mountain and then melts off and shears off, that's how you get these mountains that have like a smooth side to it that looks really crazy. Typically, though in other spots around the world, you'll see a mountain with one or two of these sheer faces to them, not four. So I understand why a lot of people would say there's pyramids in Antarctica. I could get it. That being said, Antarctica is also a bit of an anomaly as far as the world is concerned, and when we're talking about glaciers that will shear off the side of a mountain, it makes way more sense that we would have that type of natural formation in Antarctica that anywhere else on Earth.
Speaker 3: It does look like a pyramid, though it does from the aerial views, in the photos and stuff, it does look like a pyramid, and there is talk that it looks similar to other pyramid formations around the world.
Speaker 4: That's why a lot of people go with it.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna do an episode on that one as well later on. So let's get into this next one here. The singing ice. Yeah, that's right, the singing ice of Antarctica. Maybe you've heard of it. A massive slab of ice in Antarctica is singing. The Ross Ice Shelf is the largest ice shelf in Antarctica. It's several hundred meters thick and covers an area of fifty five hundred thousand square kilometers around the size of France. Scientists have recently discovered that the Ross ice shelf sings an eerie metaly melody yeah, caused by the winds blowing across the snow dunes. The winds create surface vibrations and almost NonStop seismic tones. The vibrations aren't audible to human ears, and scientists use seismic sensors to listen to the mournful tune. The song was discovered by ancient accident, rather after seismic sensors were installed on the ice shelf to observe other behaviors. Scientists have since discovered that the song changes in response to the environment, such as melting or storm shifting in the snow. They're now using the song as a tool to monitor the ice shelf in real time, tracking its stability and vulnerability for collapse through the seismic humming.
Speaker 3: That's kind of wild, I mean, is that the I wonder if that's the same kind of concept about how the trees talk to each other and everything talks to each other.
Speaker 4: And then it reminds me of the whales singing.
Speaker 2: I think it's closer to the whales singing because the trees talking to each other are through my seal on network through mushrooms. Right. This is the wind is blowing on the ice, which is causing vibrations and that's just creating the sound.
Speaker 3: But it just reminds me of how everything is communicating and how we only can hear certain amount of stuff versus whatever, what the world is actually doing.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Agreed. Next the giant hole. Yeah, we're gonna get into that one here, more specifically, in a bit a hole the size of Ireland Ireland opened in Antarctica in twenty seventeen. Known as a pollinia, the hole is nothing new, except with a span of seventy eight thousand square kilometers, it's the largest hole to be observed since the nineteen seventies aka your mom, and the first one to open in forty years. Not your mom, raven Lee, I'm talking to the listener.
Speaker 4: Gee, I damn so aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's fucking hilarious. Stop it Found in the Wettle Sea of the Southern Ocean. The pollen Pollinia was formed due to warmer, saltier water found in the deeper parts of the sea. Warm water is pushed up by ocean currents, melting the ice on the surface. As the water comes in contact with the cooler surface water, it sinks again, only to be reheated and pushed back to the surface. Scientists aren't completely sure why the pollinias are created, but they believed it may be marine mammals using the opening to breathe. They are they're still working to understand the impact of these strange giant holes.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about it later on the latest stuff that they just came out with.
Speaker 4: But can we just.
Speaker 3: What marine animals the size of Ireland?
Speaker 2: Aka love of violin your mom, listener, I'm so.
Speaker 4: Glad we're very serious on this morning.
Speaker 2: Super cereal. We're so super super cereal. But yeah, again to your point, what kind of giant mammal is basically breathing enough to make a hole the size of Ireland in the ice of animatica? I don't want to know, Like I because the Leviathan is supposed to be a giant snack type thing. I know.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm like, that's not.
Speaker 2: A mammal, So that what the fuck we talk about? We talking about like the behemoth, we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Like who knows, Sam Squatches.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the Earth. Maybe that's just the Earth's blowhole.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna go.
Speaker 2: There, AKA, your mo.
Speaker 3: I just had one of those intrusive thoughts. You're just like, not an appropriate time to say. I just not have no number mountain no.
Speaker 2: Respectful.
Speaker 4: You can tell me my face that.
Speaker 2: I'm Oh God, this has gotta be a good one. Any what.
Speaker 4: These people don't need to know I have dark humor.
Speaker 2: Okay, your name is Raven Lee. Are you you're a goth queen? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No one, No one knows anyway.
Speaker 2: Mount Arribus or Erebus. Not sure how I'm pronouncing that one. The spectacular view of Mount Arribus if you're looking on screen right now, if you're on the Patreon this is it looks like a volcano. Now. I don't know if that's just crazy picture of a cloud formation that just happens to be perfectly behind it, or if this bitch is an act of volcano in Antarctica. But let's read about together. Despite the freezing conditions, Antarctica is home to a number of volcanoes. There are four volcanoes on Ross Island, although all are in active, except Mount Ribas, which has actually increased its volcanic activity in the last thirty years. Mount Ribus is an extremely natural or an extreme natural wonder, with liquid magma and ancient lava lakes that have been boiling for around one point three million years. It's the world's southernmost active volcano in Antarctica's second highest volcano, towering three hundred or three thy eight hundred meters high. Scientists cannot often visit Mount Aarribas due to its remote location and dangerous weather conditions, although a team of scientists managed to climb the volcano in twenty thirteen. They hiked through snow rocks and glaciers to its peak, where they found organisms living in the heat of the volcano. They also discovered a number of ice caves with thriving micro organisms in the soil, and is believed that these extreme creatures are some of the most unique in the world. Yeah, I'll fucking beg.
Speaker 3: God, that's the peak of science right there in Russia's studied that your entire life and to be able to go to a place at nine anyone has been to find microorganism it Wow, I got you.
Speaker 4: I am just fucking life up today. The Jesus to find them bitches there.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 3: Man, I would be pumped if I was a scientists, honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean it's they're saying that these creatures are some of the most unique in the world. Yeah, they're one the only active volcano in Antarctica and they're surviving and thriving there. Yeah. I guarantee there's nothing like this anywhere else.
Speaker 4: I want to say, the black fungus or the black mold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, inchernobyle, which that's also crazy, crazy things. But anyway, the Earth do be earthen that fickle bitch. Uh. The Southern Ocean of Antarctica, the Southern Ocean, which surrounds Antarctica, was named the world's fifth ocean in two thousand. I'm sorry, uh that one. That one's kind of weird for me. Okay, So we got Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic, Antarctic. What am I missing here?
Speaker 4: The Mediterrane.
Speaker 2: See that's a sea out of ocean. True, So instead of Antarctic are they named it an ocean? It's the South, it's the Southern Ocean. And they didn't name the ocean surrounding Antarctica until two thousand.
Speaker 4: Scientists have found this Southern Ocean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ohkay, science be science, And I guess what the fuck did they think was the water around Antarctica? Getting off topic, It plays a major role in driving global ocean circulation and also consists of these southern parts of the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic oceans. Okay, so maybe that's just what they was.
Speaker 4: They thought it was a mixing pot, right.
Speaker 2: I guess like they just thought the Atlantic Ocean went all the way down to Antarctica. Now they're saying, no, wait, it runs into the Southern Ocean.
Speaker 4: Like okay, well, because it does something different when you keep reading.
Speaker 2: Okay. With a maximum death of a barrow seventy three hundred meters, it's nearly twice the size of the United States. This mysterious ocean may hold the secret to carbon emission absorption. Oh for the love of fuck. Scientists have found that the Southern Ocean has absorbed fifteen percent of carbon emissions created by humans. It's an incredible amount, although it won't last forever, and scientists are working quickly to uncover how this process works. Those who venture by ship to Antarctica will cruise through the Southern Ocean, witnessing the sheer power of the sea as you look out from the observation decks to catch your first glimpse of the Antarctic peninsula. Wow. All right, So now we're getting into Mercmurdo Dry Valleys, which this base, the McMurdo Base, is gonna get a special little bit of a mention on this one because the first murder in Antarctica, confirmed murder, took place at this installation. And also it's completely ran by raytheod the American military contractor somehow had an exclusive contract for the McMurdo Antarctica Base. We're going to get to all that in a bit. The thought of a desert usually conjures up images of hot, sandy plains, Yet Antarctica is the largest desert in the world. It's incredibly dry and windy, with at least with as little as fifty millimeters of rain annually. While ninety nine percent of the continent is covered in ice, in the remaining one percent, you'll find McMurdo Dry Valleys, where massive sand dunes reach up to seventy meters high and two hundred meters wide. Although you can't go sandboarding down these dunes, they are incredibly important sites for researchers. The dry valleys have a similar climate to Mars, and scientists believe the region could hold the secrets to life on other planets. However, the dunes are moving at an alarming rate, migrating at an average of one and a half meters per year. Scientists believe this is caused by climate change, like everything else has to be, as the atmosphere heats up, the ice melts, and the dunes slip away. They are currently working quickly to unlock the mysteries of the dunes before they are gone forever. M I gotta be honest, I never thought of sand dunes moving as because of climate change. I thought that's what like sand dunes do when you have hurricane force winds there year round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't think they would disappear, but I guess going into.
Speaker 2: The water maybe yeah, maybe maybe. Now let's talk about the antartic Antarctic fun Guy, which, all right, many micro organisms and extremophiles. No, no, not those types of files. Extremophiles meaning an organism that lives in extreme environments. Good cult members have been discovered throughout Antarctica, including an endemic species of fung guy. Although The fun guy typically flourish in warm wooded regions. This Antarctic fun guy survives in freezing conditions by feasting on the centuries old wooden huts abandoned by the first explorers. Okay, another type of fungi, fung Guy, has been discovered gorging on the petroleum leaking from fuel containers left by explorers. Scientists are studying these fascinating creatures to see that the fungus could be used to clean up larger oil spills around the world. So we got some of this fungus that is growing on basically the wooden huts from the late eighteen hundred's early nineteen hundred explorers, and then we have this other fungus that's eating oil. That's incredible.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It is. But I'm also wondering if that fungus can only survive in like Arctic climate or antarctic climates, like if you were to try to send it. Most likely yeah, because yeah, because.
Speaker 4: I mean it would have to evolve to be able to eat that.
Speaker 2: It had to have evolution, and that's rapid evolution. Unless that type of fungus already existed and was introduced to that area and thrived in that way because crude oil. Yeah, I don't even wrong. Antarctica has tons of crude oil under the surface. But for this fungus to be on the surface eating leftover crude oil left by these cruise and stuff, you're talking about a fungus that.
Speaker 4: Really came with them.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it would have had been introduced because everything is frozen, so it would have had been brought with them at some point and had contact with another location and then had to adapt itself to be able to survive.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that makes sense, right, because I mean in Antarctica, there's no way that a fungus was like, all right, they introduced crude oil to the ice. Twenty years later there's this new type of fungus that's just eating this shit. Like that's not how quick.
Speaker 4: I mean able to travel.
Speaker 3: They had to travel the distance with open containers everything else. So yeah, it's likely it came from another location and then adapted itself into that environment to thrive.
Speaker 2: And survive, genetically mutate itself to eat it. I got you, I got you, all right. So now let's talk about ancient meteorites. Antarctica is a gold field of meteorites. Although meteorites can fall all over the Earth, they are easier to find an Antarctica as the cold, dry can nditions preserve the rocky fragments. The dark. Meteorites are also easier to spot in the stark white surface of the ice, and they are almost always extraterrestrial rocks, as few rocks from the natural form naturally on the ice sheets of Antarctica. The East Antarctic is particularly right for meteorite findings as the massive ice sheet has stayed still long. Yeah, has stayed still long enough to have its top layer evaporated by sunlight and strong winds. This reveals the old, older ice and huge concentrations of meteorites. There have been more than twenty thousand extraterrestrial meteorite samples collected since nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That is insane. In twenty thirteen, a team of Japanese and Belgian scientists discovered the largest meteorite found in East Antarctica in twenty five years. The extraterrestrial rock weighed in incredible eighteen kilograms. Wow, so that's a let's see, it's two point two kilos per or two point two pounds per kilo, So we're talking somewhere around a forty pound meteorite. That's wild. The team searched for meteorites for forty days, finding four hundred and twenty five of them with a collective weight of seventy five kilograms. The discoveries included a piece of the asteroid Vesta and a meteorite from Mars.
Speaker 3: So my thought is if that is, since they have so many what if over the last millennia they've had so many meteorites drop that the bacteria and the different organisms that they're finding is actually extraterrestrial from Mars and other planets, and they've hubbed there and when the ice was thinner, or over time with the mixing the salt water, it became thinner and those organisms were able to seep down into those pockets of lakes and then freeze back over and be able to mutate and survive. And what if they're actually seeing life forms from another planet that is hidden underneath the ice.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean, why not?
Speaker 3: It makes more sense because I mean it's at least to me. I don't know how anyone else feels. But when I'm listening to this, that's my thought process. Off, there's that many twenty thousand meteorite samples collected just since nineteen seventy six. What if in the last just say, one million years, how many places, how many have dropped in that location that have seeped down over time, because some of the pockets they've estimated are like one point two million and further back. So what wagers that they didn't create themselves down there?
Speaker 2: What's the chances that there's some type of living, bacterial or single cell organism on one of these rocks that somehow survived breaking through our atmosphere in the high temperatures, and then when they got to Antarctica mutated themselves to survive on Earth.
Speaker 3: I mean inside the rock itself, like it's just been chilling there and then being eroded by the wind and everything else with the freeze, thought weathering that happens consistently there, at least to me, that's my thought process. I heard a theory a while back when they were drilling the big ice holes, like the big tubes. Yeah, a lot of people were concerned because they did find an alien species organism is what they kind of labeled it as that potentially it would be a thing where we release this organism into our atmosphere or it gets life pretty much outside of what it's been freezing as and it takes over, kind of like the mirror bacteria that.
Speaker 4: We talked about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I thought.
Speaker 4: You know, I've heard the theory. So it's kind of kind of weird.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying and cool at the same time.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: It is terrifying to think of, because what if whatever it is is like the mirror bacteria and we can't stop it and it takes over kind of a vibe and kills the life forms around it.
Speaker 2: The other issue that I'm having with this statement here to say that they found one from the Vesta the asteroid. Okay, all right, so the asteroids flying through space got hit by some sort of space trash or some other meteorite. A piece broke off and landed in Antarctica. With you, I could put those pieces together. How the fuck did something come from Mars? When did Mars start shooting rocks at Us? I must have missed that in my fucking physical science class.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if the bacteria life that they just were talking about last year or the year before that they found on Mars. If the way that they described it, I feel like they potentially already know what it is and where to look for it, and that's how they were able to search for it was because of Antarctica.
Speaker 2: So they don't know specifically what type, but they have a really good working theory on it because there's only certain types of bacteria that eat the rock, and that's that's.
Speaker 4: The criteria that they just found though.
Speaker 2: Right exact as.
Speaker 3: More sense that they would know at least a theory or have an idea of what they're looking for to prove. Because if they're saying that that meteorite came from Mars without a shadow.
Speaker 4: Of a doubt, which is then how do you know that bro So, then.
Speaker 3: That means that they already know the samples to be taken, saying that this is a Mars meteorite and the bacteria. Potentially they're already showing that there is life forms that can survive here aka mutate, So that means they should be able to survive in Mars, and they're probably already there. That means that we can make the next step to cultivating and going to Mars.
Speaker 2: And I gotta kind of side with our guests that we had on last night as a matter of fact, on this one, because the only way.
Speaker 3: That we've already been at Mars and then we have an entire base system there.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the base system, but that also kind of stands to reason as of this conversation here, because the only way that a logical scientists would be able to take a sample and say, ah, this is from Mars. We know that because we have Mars samples, we have to already have Mars samples on Earth that we can compare it against to make such a bold claim. So how do we get those Mars samples? Because the Mars rover allegedly is still there, So how do we get samples at home?
Speaker 4: Samples?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 3: I thought that they had two different ones, the one that has stayed there and the one that came back.
Speaker 2: I never heard about the one that came back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to look it up. We're gonna have to do well. Actually, we've already been talking about doing an entire series on the different planets anyways in the Solar System and black black holes and different stuff like that. So we're gonna have to dive in more about Mars, because there's a lot of information happening with Mars, especially with.
Speaker 4: Elon bringing up more and more.
Speaker 3: But I remember back in two thousand and nine, people were talking about volunteering to go to Mars. It's a huge thing that was talked about, and they were going to be putting an entire Mars station on the planet.
Speaker 2: So they were looking like fifty volunteers. The last I heard, they had like twelve people that are pretty much signed their lives away.
Speaker 4: That lady one hundred percent, she's what like thirty or something, twenty.
Speaker 2: Or so, well, she went through Elon. This was this was before Tesla and Elon started that Mars Day.
Speaker 3: They had a whole bunch of people that had potentially talked about going. So I actually, I will say mister Fuller definitely didn't have a lot of information. That was our guest last night, And I don't doubt it at this point. I think that space exploration is a lot more advanced than they're letting on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And I wouldn't doubt at this point now.
Speaker 2: Like, and that's the thing, I to your point about how they got samples back to Earth from Mars. I was unaware of that. That was okay, yeah, that's mind blowing me because like you heard about what happened with those moon rocks, right, no so, and there are those that will say that the sam of moon rocks are all fake. Except there was this one time, and I want to say it was the late nineties or early two thousands, this intern at NASA broke into the vault, took all of these rocks from the Moon, brought them to a motel where he laid them out on the bed and him and his girlfriend had sex on them because he wanted to give her sex. That was by his own emission. Out of this world. You know, it's not always men, but also when it is men, they do some real dumb shit. And most of the rocks had to be discarded because it was contaminated by human samples for lack of better words, But okay, that makes sense to me. We know that we have been to the Moon multiple times, they have brought back rocks, all these things. Mars, on the other hand, I was unaware that we had brought back samples from Mars, and if we have, that would also stand a reason that there was in fact a Mars base, a Mars mission that we either A don't know about or B they possibly already have a base set up there.
Speaker 3: The potential biosignature is what they're talking about on a rock. I am trying to find out if it's actually been brought back.
Speaker 4: I know that they've collected it. They've the rover collected it.
Speaker 3: Discovering ancient life on Mars potentially possibility that Mars was once played a host to living organisms has been a long, steady debate among scientists. So the sample was taken and collected in July of twenty twenty four. So it's from a crater that's twenty eight miles wide in the basin.
Speaker 2: So in twenty twenty four last year they got this sample. Yet somehow this team in twenty thirteen found a piece of an asteroid from Vesta and a meteorite from Mars. You see this don't be lining up.
Speaker 3: When we see features like this in the sediment of Earth. These minerals are often byproduct of bio of microbial metabolisms that are consuming organic matter and making these minerals as a result of those reactions. So what I'm trying to understand is so the rocks that they found had clay, silt, organic carbon, sulfur, rust, oxidize, iron, and phosphates phosphor. Again, so I'm trying to find out if they actually is the rover itself able to break down what the samples it has to transmit back.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I actually need to look into this, but I think that on.
Speaker 2: The road they have like not a whole lab set up by any means, but they have a certain scanning device to where they're able to like break down what the chemical composition of it or a mineral composition of the sample is. And I get this too, but again, how the fuck did a rock from Mars end up in Antarctica? First off, how do they know it's from Mars?
Speaker 3: And second it's actually brought up Antarctica, it says the ancient Martian meteorite found in Antarctica in nineteen eighty four. What caused a stir when researchers suggested it contain microbial fossils from Mars. Later research determined that the space rock organic material did not have biological origins, but instead formed through geological interactions between the rock and water. So they're saying that it wasn't from Mars. For now though, that these people in their colleagues limited in how much further analysis they can Kentuck remotely, so they don't. The Rover mission is originally designed to gather several rock samples that will eventually be brought back to Earth for future missions for further analysis.
Speaker 4: So as of right now it is.
Speaker 2: Not but that eighty four, this was in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: No, they're talking about the rock samples that they're gathering right now.
Speaker 2: So they haven't rover.
Speaker 3: They have, allegedly they haven't technically brought it back somehow.
Speaker 2: In eighty four they thought they found on Mars rock. Now in twenty thirteen they say they found a Mars rock, and again my main question to.
Speaker 3: That is, but now they're saying that it's not a MA, that it's not one as of twenty twenty four, I know because of this article they're stating that it is not. But it's interesting because they say carbon and the phosphorus are key ingredients to create life, is critical for life, including DNA. So they are one hundred percent of the belief that Mars does inhabit life forms. They just haven't found them. Well, they have been able to study them. One hundred percent because the rover's still out there. So not to detract here, ry everyone.
Speaker 2: These same sciences are saying that a single cell organism on Mars is not life, but somehow a heartbeat inside of a woman isn't life. It's it's crazy how the science is only science when they want it to be science. Really, we're going to we're not detracting.
Speaker 4: You just totally shifted from Mars. I'm saying abortion.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just saying, if that's a life form, then how is that not a life form? But anyway, ok, moving on, and if hypothetically lost city, it's still about the Mars rock. Okay, hypothetically, if there was a rock from Mars found in Antarctica, I'm still curious how the fuck it got there unless Marst hit.
Speaker 4: All right, the aliens are there and they brought it with them.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to an accident. What is their narrative because they believe that aliens aren't real, right, they.
Speaker 4: Tell us something down They told us that they were.
Speaker 3: They released it during the pandemic, and then they were pissed because Millennials were just like cool, bro, I mean, we are whatever we already all know, and they were like, oh, they like felt some time. The government was pissed that people were just like cool.
Speaker 2: So and now they're doing all this disclosure stuff and it's like, Okay, in the course of five years, y'all have gone from saying the Aliens don't exist to they totally exist, to now we have all this verified evidence of them. And now you're telling me that you don't have contact with them and you don't know who they are and you don't know what they want. Again, I'm just I don't believe you. Bro.
Speaker 3: Well, that's like what mister Fuller was saying last night with a Solar Warden that's the name of his books. But that's actually a program, is that they've been in contact, that they've been having offensive and defensive military strategy and research and discovery teams doing this for decades.
Speaker 2: So right, So now continuing on here Aliens, Nazis and the Lost City, now we're getting into what some people might call myths but others would call facts just facts. Antarctica is a breeding ground for mystery, and it's had its fair share of conspiracy theories over the years, which is why we're talking about it here. On the cult of conspiracy, from the elongated skulls and strange pyramids to alien spaceships, bizarre structures, and a giant staircase, which we're going to talk about. Yes, many people believe that Antarctica once housed extraterrestrial life or still does. Every year three or there are dozens of reports of UFO sightings, while Google Earth has captured some unusual activities said to be the work of a millions. It's a hotspot for alien hunters, So keep your eyes peeled for any bizarre green lights in the sky. Which I didn't know the green lights, and I thought that was like the Northern lights or what's it called Ora borealis. I thought that was the Northern lights, not in Antarctica.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I be honest. I think maybe there's both on them.
Speaker 2: The mystery of Antarctica continues deep below its surface, where no one has gone before. It's said that the lost city of Atlantis is hidden beneath the kilometers of ice. Yeah, I've heard that a time or two, which going off of Plato's story, that's complete opposite direction. But whatever, the city would have thrived when Antarctica was warm, tropical region, and would be it would have been buried under the ice age or after the ice age froze the continent. It's highly possible that a civilization exists in Antarctica, but it's yet to be proven that the continent is the site of the fabled lost city. It's also theorized that the Nazis used underground Antarctica as a secret hideaway, and some people believe that Hitler fled there after the war. Off. Yeah, some people believe that he went to Antarctica. There's like fifty Nazi camps throughout South America, most of them in Argentina.
Speaker 3: I really do believe he went to South America. I don't think he actually died.
Speaker 2: No. Even the skull of the body that they said was Hitler's, it's later been discovered that was a woman's skull, So it's yeah.
Speaker 3: The Hitlery Channel did a really cool whole breakdown of that.
Speaker 2: Oh did you hear that Adolf Hitler just won an election in Uganda. There's a politician whose dad named him Adolf Hitler, not you, Naisy, I forget what the name is. He's a black guy who you know, his dad just thought that was a really strong name of a leader and he just won a local election.
Speaker 4: It was my kid's pediatric surgeon.
Speaker 3: His last name is Adolph, and when he told me that, I was like, ooh, I'm not going to say nothing. So then we called him count Olof. He sells some type of way. But I was like, look, it's better than Adolf.
Speaker 2: That is a step. Uh.
Speaker 3: Cro what is with doctors having the craziest names? Like we got like Coco, we got yeah, doctor Coco. We got Adolph, we got Tyson. We have all sorts of random, crazy names. And I'm like, what, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think I've ever had a doctor with a crazy name.
Speaker 4: Seriously, seriously, I could. I could sit here, Bowie. I mean, there's lots of interesting names.
Speaker 2: The closest one was doctor Wagaspack, which honestly is not Waggy's back. Yeah, but that's also a pretty common name in middle school. My vice principal's name was Miss Wagspack.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, all right, moving on to Hitler.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see, it's highly possible that it's area the one. Hitler did have a passion for the occult, and he was searching for something in Antarctica. The Nazi Germans built a station in Antarctica. However, it was a bandoned seventy years ago after the crew were poisoned by polar bear meat. Mmmmm, there's a we're gonna unpack that one together here in a big good cult members, because seventy years ago it was abandoned. Kind of new swabiland is what it was called. And polar bear meat, here's the deal. Polar bear meat is really good. The only section of the polar bear you can't eat is the liver because you'll overdose on vitamin A and it will kill you. I have a hard time believing that the Nazis didn't know that, seeing as how that's a well understood fact by most Inuit tribes. But okay, sure the Nazis all ate polar bear liver and died. Clearly what took place. Although the theory has been disproven, hey, it doesn't stop the speculation on what lies beneath Antarctica's mysterious surface. The Great White Continent is the most baffling and unexplained corner on Earth, and despite the dedication efforts of scientists around the world, we may never know all of its secrets. The Great White Continent sounds pretty but anyway, so this was a short list of fourteen very mysterious things about Antarctica. You know, just some of the mysteries, but not all of them by a long shot. So now we're gonna shift over to this quick little vidya here shout out to Secret Origins YouTube channel and their Antarctica twenty twenty five, the forbidden continent that holds Earth's true history.
Speaker 3: This entire it's an hour and a half long and is fantastic. I suggest everybody go and watch this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so let's learn about this one together.
Speaker 8: Known as ice ages, the last major ice age began around two point six million years ago and reached its peak about twenty thousand years ago. It ended roughly twelve thousand years ago, marking the beginning of our current warm period. During these cycles, entire regions of the Earth can become unrecognizable land once green becomes covered in snow and ice, oceans rise and fall, and species adapt, migrate or disappear. Antarctica's transformation from a lush landscape to an ice covered wasteland is one of the clearest examples of this natural cycle, But there is another factor that may have played a role. In this dramatic shift, the movement of Earth's axis known as true polar wander or crustal displacement. This theory suggests that the entire outer shell of the Earth can move over the inner layers, shifting the position of the geographic poles. Unlike the more gradual changes of axial tilt or precession, true polar wander could happen more rapidly, pulling entire continents into new climate zones. If such an event occurred in Earth's past, it could explain how Antarctica moved from a temperate zone to the south pole. While this theory remains debated in scientific circles, there is evidence that the Earth's crust has indeed shifted in the past. Some studies of rock formations and ancient shorelines suggest that parts of the Earth's surface have relocated over time.
Speaker 2: All Right, So basically this was talking about how Antarctica formed into what we know today, right from what was once a very tropical rainforest type of conversation to the barren, frozen tundra that it is today. Now, part of that ties into this next article that we were going to read talking it's from ocean wide expeditions shout out the ancient fossil forest in Antarctica, which I know some people are going to say the fossils don't exist. However, none of them are willing to acknowledge that petrified wood is fake. It's not. Petrified wood is absolutely a thing that's fossilized plant material. So why do so many people believe that fossilized animal material don't exist. I don't understand it, but it's.
Speaker 4: Actually a real thing. People really don't believe fossils exist.
Speaker 2: Jonathan does not believe that fossils are real. There's tons of people that believe the Earth is only six thousand years old, like a massive, massive number of people that argue that the Earth might and they're being very generous saying that the Earth is about eight thousand years old.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I have a whole bunch of fossils in my home. Yeah, I have a ton of them. Actually, so, and some of.
Speaker 2: These people believe that's for religious conviction reasons, which like, fine, cool, you mean written history might be only six thousand years old, and they're like, no, that's the Earth, and it's like okay, cool. There's these people that they're called Young Earth creationists and they believe that the earth is ten thousand years old. Maybe. Meanwhile, there's remains from dogger Land that date back to human civilization fourteen thousand BC, and they just like don't acknowledge that. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I have bones, bone, sharp bone, vertebrate that we're created in necklaces that are stamped at ten thousand years old.
Speaker 2: Now, so as far as the fossil conversation goes, I can at least appreciate one standpoint of it. Right, So, there is a lot of fossils that have been recreated, right.
Speaker 4: So like I dug them up with my own hands.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, hear me out. Okay, there has never been a one hundred percent intact fossilized remain of an animal ever discovered. Okay, they're the best we got is ninety eight percent. And when you think about this, let's say the giant t rex or something like that, there's like one toe knuckle bone that wasn't recovered. So they're saying, oh, yeah, one percent, So it must not be real. Clearly, it's all made up and fake and gay I cult members.
Speaker 4: I do not agree with that, not even a little bit. If you're wondering. My standpoint on this that is nope.
Speaker 2: And there's also fossils that have been discovered to be hoaxes confirmed like for instance, we were just watching land before time. The long neck is not a dinosaur that actually ever existed.
Speaker 4: Say that.
Speaker 3: The carbon dating has always been a really interesting thing. I have an entire book about how to carbon date. I'm not gonna lie to you. It was kind of difficult for me to understand some of it because I was like, my lot my brain was kind of not working when I was looking at the process of how they actually determine it and everything like that. I will say though, that there is one hundred percent real fossils.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there is. I know people that have dug up a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Carbon dating used to be a very very flawed science right in the eighties and the early nineties when it was like they were just that was the big talking point for a lot of the scientific community. Yeah, it was very flawed because a lot of the issue was if you did not know the whereabouts of the sample, then how do you know if like, for instance, this animal died and its bones were just below the soil surface and that forest that it died in had a massive forest fire that fucked up the entire carbon in that area, and that threw off your judgment by about a thousand years. Okay, I can understand that. But they have made so many advancements in radiocarbon dating in the last three decades. It is not as flawed of a science as it once was when people started poking holes in it.
Speaker 3: I will have to have my good friend Shane. I call him Shane and Bobini, but Shane, come on, and he actually teaches all across the country different different things about history. He's been on many, many, many dig sites. He is highly intelligent when it comes to this, and he could totally break down everything there is when talking about this. And I know a couple of different people that do. I know quite a few people actually that do dig sites all across America.
Speaker 2: So you've told me about your boy Shane. I would love to have him on the show for so many reasons.
Speaker 3: Seems so smart. He makes traditional ad flint napping. Yeah, yeah, he does, which I love.
Speaker 2: Uh what not Dusty Rhodes is it Dusty Daniels? I think is his YouTube channel? This dude Marine Vet combat Marine Vet he's got a bunch of Nordic rooms before. Yeah, this dude just goes into the woods with his little flint napping kit and he just gets after, makes weapons, makes traps. He is a true survivalist, but not with any of the modern amenities. Like he's just as true to form as humans have been since the beginning of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shean is incredibly intelligent and has done all different aspects of archaeology and knows a lot about a lot of things and also is a big history nerd and buff and knows the time stamps and everything and how to do all that. And it's just he's very intelligent. And we did a dig together and I learned a ton from him. That was my first dig, and so I learned a ton from him. And yeah, yeah, you'd be great to have on and disprove. Yeah, the whole theory that it's only six husand years old, that's so wild to me.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because these same people that will say that dinosaurs never existed will make up stories to how crude oil became a thing, right, and then they will also make up stories to where like the moon rocks that they sent off for testing, the reason why they believe we never went to the moon. Is because these moon rocks allegedly brought back, got sent off for samples, and come to find out it was actually a piece of petrified wood. And then whenever the I think it was France and Russia separately got these pieces from Florida and they're like, hey, this is not moon, this is petrified wood, and the NASA the places like, oh, I'm sorry, we sent you the wrong sample. Are bad. Never sent them a moon rock which pokes holes into the moon narrative. I understand this, okay, I mean I could track some of this, but they'll acknowledge that petrified wood is real, but somehow fossilized boones not. And I don't understand how you make that jump in your head.
Speaker 3: But the ice in Antarctica, oh think millions of years old.
Speaker 2: They found a mammoth, an entire intact mammoth with grass still in its mouth. But they will not acknowledge that dinosaurs are real. It's it. I don't understand it. I mean, to be fair, mammoths walk the earth. When the pyramids that geese were being built, I get this too, but like there's not much mental hoops. You gotta jump through to see that A plus B will see on this. But there are some people.
Speaker 4: You know what, Let them. I'm I'm good with it. Believe what you want to believe. But I will I do believe a lot of the science.
Speaker 3: I will say that they can manipulate, and they have manipulated, and they will continue to manipulate science into the narratives that they want us to know and understand.
Speaker 2: But we know the Smithsonian destroys things. We know that they had destroyed tons of fossils, tons of giant bones. Yes, so that's the other part of it. I understand. At least I can appreciate the the platform of saying that fossil remains are mostly fake. And how like when you go to a museum, you're not looking at an actual fossil, You're looking at a plaster mold of fossils. So this also ties into the narrative of wait, if it's not real, why wouldn't they display the real fossils? And it's like, do you have you any idea how fragile an actual fossil is. If you look at it wrong, it's gonna crumble in your hands.
Speaker 4: But I they do display them.
Speaker 2: Not in the Smithsonian anyway. There are certain museums where they'll have like a set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is certain museums that display real fossils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but once it kill me. What's those? I forget what they're called. The something pods, not arthropods. These like rocks. So you crack open and you see like the spiral snail looking fossils.
Speaker 4: I have like ten of those at my house.
Speaker 2: They'll acknowledge that those are real.
Speaker 4: Stations.
Speaker 3: There's a guy actually that his entire TikTok and instagram is he goes all along the coast of England, Scotland and Ireland and goes and finds them and cracks them open on live TikTok like. He will find one, hold one be like Luke and then cracks it open and you see it visually, see it with your own eyebols.
Speaker 2: And they'll acknowledge that that's real. But somehow dinosaurs aren't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have four three four megalodon teeth at my house.
Speaker 2: They'll acknowledge that alligators and sharks are still real. But I don't know, I don't understand it. Not trying to throw shit out.
Speaker 3: To this ancient forest because you know it just seems like it would be.
Speaker 4: It just would be magical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ancient fossil forest of Antarctica. Let's get into it here, the finding of ancient Antarctic forests. Over a hundred years ago, Robert Falcon Scott's expedition to Antarctica discovered fossils of plants on the Beard Moor glacier. I like that glacier less than five hundred kilometers or three hundred and ten miles from the South Pole. Edward Wilson, who was the expedition's chief scientist, recorded the findings in his diary, stating that most of the bigger leaves were like beach leaves in shape and ventilation venation.
Speaker 3: In that video that we just watched, the YouTube video, they actually show actual pictures of what they found. So just to wow, just a shout out, like in the first couple of minutes, say, we'll actually show you the real pictures of it.
Speaker 2: Jeez. All right. So, at the time these findings were dismissed by scientists as misidentifications, their significance overlooked for more than one hundred years. But when you set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula or Ross Ice Shelf, for region. Today, many scientific advances have proven that you are in fact walking in ancient, once thriving forests. So let's talk about Antarctic coniferous trees. In a small part of Alexander Island on the west coast of Antarctica Peninsula, ancient fossil trees that date back one hundred million years can be found, with logs up to seven meters high still found standing upright. The roots of these coniferous trees are still attached to the carbonaceous soil. Excuse me, they were deposits today. Their root systems indicate that these trees thrived on the rich plains along large meandering rivers. However, the coarse sand that bruises the trunks showed the power of floods in the area that eventually covered the whole plain in thick sediment. Fossilized leaves found in the areas show that there was a large diversity of plants that once lived there. In fact, the area was dominated by evergreen species and had a temperate rainforest at about seventy five degrees south wow. While today this latitude is cold and frozen. One hundred million years ago, despite a winter that witnessed around seventy days of darkness. The forests were thriving in much warmer conditions. The warmth came from the size of the land mass, with Gondwana Land yep Gonvarn Land keeping away the cold currents that today encircle Antarctica. Researchers have found that the floodplains in the area were covered with ferns, small potto carps, and conifers. On the coastal plain, the open canopy forests were thick with conifers and ferns.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would love to be there and actually dig some of this up.
Speaker 4: That would be so freaking cool.
Speaker 2: It would be so cool, But also it would be so fucking cold, so cold.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of Avatar. I just feel like this. It's an Avatar.
Speaker 2: It's Avatar under like an ice snow globe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really do. I actually super love that entire world that he created.
Speaker 2: I love it. So let's talk about Antarctica's formerly balmy climate, unlike today's temperatures in the Antarctic Peninsula. Fossilized leaves found in the sandstones and siltstones in the James Ross Basin of Antarctic Peninsula region indicate that the mean annual temperatures for that area were thirteen to twenty one degrees celsius, or what we would call in freedom units fifty five to sixty nine degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 4: It's actually pri legit temperature like.
Speaker 2: That you could very well live and survive and thrive and farm with that temperature.
Speaker 4: It's like there's an entire civilization that he once was there.
Speaker 2: I mean possibly. The fossil plants are indicative that the area had a warm climate without extended periods of winter temperatures below freezing without without wow, along with adequate moisture in the air for growth. Okay, so now let's talk about the pollen.
Speaker 3: That video that showed the warm cycles and the cold cycles, and somehow it warmed way up. That's we're on the warm end right now. That's why our earth is warming up.
Speaker 2: Agreed. But then also, and I just had this conversation with somebody the other day, as far as the Earth goes through cycles of heating and cooling regardless of human interaction. Right now, I'm not saying that humans have not contributed, but we also need.
Speaker 4: To potentially accelerated the heat cycle.
Speaker 2: Potentially, and I'm being very generous of that, because at the same time, in the Medieval Ages, we had the Little Ice Age, which is all mass famines throughout Europe because all of these crops died for decades and could not be farmed because they were just cold as fuck. And like, how many movies and literature have we seen of the Middle Ages where these dudes in summer we're wearing like these thick woolen coats, and it's like, yeah, because y'all were living through the Little Ice Age. It was always cold, it was always overcast. It's not just a thing, right, I would have left that bitch so fast. It was worldwide. The entire Earth was experiencing the Little Ice Age, and again had nothing to do with human interaction, had nothing to do with anything humans are doing. Hell, we only got involved in heavy industry arguably within the last two hundred years. So it's just the Earth goes through these cycles. Currently we are on a warming cycle now again, potentially humans had a hand in that. I'm I'm person of the belief that it was a drop in the bucket as far as the warming goes. Now, we're talking about pollution in our air and in our soil and in our water. For sure, we did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the big thing for me is the deforitization. Cutting down all the trees is causing a huge issue because we're not replanting.
Speaker 4: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: We're not really replaying most places, and you're destroying one of if not this hop thing that's eating the carbon that helps it disappear and stuff.
Speaker 2: So, but carbon is not inherently bad for the.
Speaker 3: Earth, No, but it talks about how it rises up and how it's helping create a warmer ozone layer, and so it potentially is adding to the faster effect of the current shift in the warm. So I don't know if it's going to be if it's you know, seventy five percent because of us.
Speaker 4: No, but I do think that we think I think we are helping anything.
Speaker 3: I think that we are needing to shift how we do things as humans because we might not see it, maybe our children might not see it, but our grand children and from there on could potentially see serious harmful effects.
Speaker 4: Eventually.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm happy that you said humans, not Americans, because for some reason, Americans believe that we are the bad guys on this one. And it's like looking at the grand scheme of things. America is doing way more for the environment than most countries right now. There are something they're.
Speaker 4: Doing more now humans as a whole right collectively.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Russia and China and India really need to stop hurting the earth like they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just India'd be wild out, dude.
Speaker 2: As much as it is so horrible, As much as people want to shoot on America for our EPA regulations and all this, have y'all seen what they are dumping in the Indian Ocean and what China is just dumping into the Sea of China and Sea of Japan right now. They do not care about their environment.
Speaker 3: If they could maybe stop Fukushima from leaking radiation, that'd be fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: That'd be so cool. That'd be so cool. And my pet peeves if China could stop burning coal as their main heat source and go to you know.
Speaker 4: They have created a ton of nuclear plants.
Speaker 3: That one just had the big the biggest one just had a whole issue with it.
Speaker 2: What China's infrastructures collapsing again, because it's a fucking no no, We're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Fossilized Antarctica pollen revealing tundra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so apparently Antarctic pollen has been fossilized. Even let's get into it. The bees bees, I mean maybe Antarctica bees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but remember the aliens are taking the bees.
Speaker 2: It's very possible. Okay, let's get into it here. Scientists from Rice University in the United States shout out to Rice conducted research on fossilized pollen found in the Antarctic Peninsula were amazed to find that the region was covered in tundra up to twelve million years ago. Scientists already knew that fifty five millions years ago, Antarctica was an ice free force and forested. The continent's vast ice sheet began forming around thirty eight million years ago, with the Antarctic Peninsula being the last place to be covered with ice. However, there was an ongoing debate among scientists as to how fast the glaciation occurred. That's I'm gonna use that word. I'm not gonna lie, Damn girl, Why are you so cold hearted on that glaciation around your heart? Just like your mom. Over the three here period, scientists determined the exact species of plants that existed on the peninsula twelve million years ago and found that the fossil recorded in the fossil record indicated a long, gradual process of glaciation over the peninsula. Okay, so we are talking way back in the day as far as the uh, the findings of this go. But still they were able to find fossilized pollen. That's I honestly didn't know that pollen could be fossilized, Like.
Speaker 4: I wonder, I wonder, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, actually my thought process, I'm gonna have to look into it more, honestly, Like how did it fossilize so quickly?
Speaker 2: I understand why they were arguing over it. How fast did it happen?
Speaker 3: Because like it would have to happen pretty fast for something to fossilize that quickly, especially pollen, and so now a like it went from chill sixty nine degrees to freezing level in a matter of a few hours, an hour, an instant because.
Speaker 2: Look at the mammoth that they found. The mammoth was flash frozen still with grass in its mouth. It was eating mining its business and got hit with you ever seen the day after tomorrow? Oh? Yeah, basically that happened, and they that's been confirmed by science, but like even still, that mammoth would have at least had time to swallow its bite. Yeah, and the entire thing was flash frozen. It was perfectly preserved. So that being said, let's say there was a flower that was in the pollination process got flashed frozen and then covered with sediment and then got fossilized. If they were able now to couple that with the Jurassic Park conversation and Crisper conversation, could they possibly recreate through DNA splicing that prehistoric plant and recreate it today?
Speaker 3: Well with the pollen, then it means that the that the little parts inside. We're not going to go into every detail because there's like five different parts, but that means that they should be intact.
Speaker 2: Hypothetically, if they got the pollen, they got to have the rest of the plant to the essentially, which do have for those worms we just learned about, which I'm not gonna lie now that I know that they have dune style snowworms in Antarctica and they have the sperm and egg from both, I really don't.
Speaker 3: Want what if they're there. We need Kevin Bacon. We we need Kevin Bacon. Where are you at Kevin Bacon. You don't you don't vibe with the Marvel situation. But do you understand when I'm I know, yeah, I know. But the there's a Guardians of the Galaxy. They have a Christmas one where they go and kidnap Kevin Bacon from Earth. What bring yes to bring to bring to him? And they like have this whole Christmas thing. It's a great it's a great little like forty five minute on I think it's on Disney if I remember it.
Speaker 2: Wait, the Marvel characters kidnap Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he actually is playing Kevin Bacon, and they they're like, you're you see you know, you seed an entire town by dancing, and.
Speaker 4: He's like that was a character.
Speaker 2: My god, no, you know, they did footloose Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 4: They did well. They talked about different ones that he actually was on.
Speaker 2: And the aliens didn't know that these were just movies.
Speaker 4: And then they were like, he's an actor, he's the.
Speaker 3: Scum of the earth, Like, oh yeah, they like hate actors. Wow, it's a fantastic like forty five minutes. But you know, some people don't vibe with.
Speaker 2: The you know, it's crazy that they saw actors as the scum of the earth. That's how manyeple Europe saw them as well. Shakespeare and his troop, they were seen as like lower than prostitutes.
Speaker 4: Well that's pretty much what they treated him like. He gets better.
Speaker 3: But yes, we need Kevin Bacon because now they're gonna make Trimmers, which happens to be one of the best movies.
Speaker 2: By the way. Agreed, Number one and number two were excellent. Now they've got five and they got really really bad as time went on.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: So we have pollen, we have worms, we have micro organisms from potentially Mars.
Speaker 4: What else we got going on?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let's go more into it now. Detailing plants on the Antarctic peninsula, Jesus, words are hard. The scientists from Rice University also detailed the exact species of plants that existed on the peninsula over the past thirty six million years. The pollen record in the sedimentary layers enabled the construction of a detailed picture of rapid decline in the forest during the Late Eocene Eocene around thirty five million years ago, in widespread glaciation in the middle of the Miocene around thirteen million years ago. It's easier said than done, as fossilized pollen was located under thirty meters or one hundred feet of dense sedimentary rock in areas off the coast of the peninsula and shallow waters that are covered in ice for most of the year. Those who have embarked on an Antarctic Peninsula cruise would know the rugged condition in which these researchers worked. Bro, how many people have made that cruise? You act like that's just a thing that people be doing it.
Speaker 3: Mike. Fuck all right, you convinced me I'm gonna the only cruise I guess I will go on.
Speaker 4: Is to this hoe.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. Have you ever seen what those seas are like?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is it like this?
Speaker 2: It's bad? This is a This is not a calm cruise. This is like perfect storm start to finish. Nope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I watched Poseidon way too much as a child. And to be fair, though, for all of you that are gonna say it never happens, look it up. Look it up for the last two decades, how many ships and cruise ships have capsized.
Speaker 4: Then come have that argument with me. You're welcome and be honest.
Speaker 2: I get seasick like a bitch. So I'm good.
Speaker 4: We're flying.
Speaker 3: I guess we're gonna take a cult trip fam and we'll all go to Antarctica together.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it's on my bucket list.
Speaker 4: Jonathan to come to oh man, Nick to come. Maybe the Platans will show up.
Speaker 2: Bro, Oh my god, the Pleaadians show up in Antarctica. Fucking done? So what are we doing? Fuck?
Speaker 4: All right, you're right, I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Next time we are around Nick, he's gonna call him out. You're gonna see him with your own eyes too. I've seen them once.
Speaker 4: I'm I mean, I'm down. It's like I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: I tried, because you know me, I'm a I'm a relatively logical person, right, I honestly cannot explain what we were looking.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: There's not many things in this world that scare me, but aliens scare me.
Speaker 4: I'll probably be like, all right, I'm out, I've done.
Speaker 2: I've never if this was a star, I have certainly never seen a star behave like this in my entire life. Looking up in the sky that wasn't it wasn't a star that was starring.
Speaker 3: All right, shout out nick, I guess the next time that we come to Renaissance Festival, we'll all get together and oh, man, I'm gonna need you to I guess if I'm worthy.
Speaker 2: I mean, do they choose No? No, oh okay, He's like he is there. Uh. He speaks only half of them basically, and they're his spirit guides, and so whenever he shows.
Speaker 4: They're like stranger things.
Speaker 2: Right now it can he can, but he basically is like, hey, I want to see him. We're like yeah, sure. He'll look up at the sky for a minute and be like, right, oh, there it is boom and we're like, wait what. He's like, no, no, look at that star for a minute. We're all right, sure, all right, now watch what I do. Now he makes it dim, not blink. The star that you're watching well dim out of sight and he's like, all right, now get ready, I'm about to make it come back on and then it turns back on.
Speaker 4: Can we do this at an observatory.
Speaker 2: I would love to, but the issue is to get an observatory to focus in on one star. It takes a lot of time to move it and get everything into focus. So usually they already have something that they're already staring at that. They'll let you observe to get them to move things for your own experiment. Kind of picky.
Speaker 3: Well, I wonder if we come at it with the approach that we are a conspiracy like podcasts, and we come with the with the hey, we would like to show or be proven wrong or experiment with this, maybe potentially we could get them to come along with it. I am definitely not saying Nick that you were incorrect, by the way, I am just curious with mouth out, Like I totally want to see if we could go to a highland one down the street and have.
Speaker 2: You been, Yeah, I have, I do. I love that place, these good bonfires there.
Speaker 3: If we could see if they would actually like vibe with us. I just honestly, I'm I'm just skeptical of all sorts of things. It has nothing to do with I mean that story.
Speaker 2: But if we get a long enough like email chain going here, because those are basically ran by college.
Speaker 3: Kids, I wonder if we could add if we could get the colts, like we could do you know, a get together here in Louisiana for Mardi Gras or something and get it talked about it, get enough cult members to come, and you guys, we could all maybe get the observatory to let us actually use it and potentially call out to the good old Palladians and see.
Speaker 2: With my connections in New Orleans, I have we have talked about it having a cult conspiracy meet up for Mardi Gras, but the problem is, I don't know how many we would have to have a real like I'm not saying people would have to pay deposits, but we would have to have some real, nailed down number of people that are absolutely coming so that we could rent out a spot because everything in New Orleans is at least five times more expensive during Mardi Grawl. And I don't mind put the bill for we got it though.
Speaker 3: We could go to Highland, take a big ass tent with us, and you know, we could make it work.
Speaker 4: We could picnic style this bitch.
Speaker 2: It's technically a breck park and I think that you are allowed to camp on those. We have to get like a permit from the city. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: You know what, standby Colt, we are going to attempt to get all of us, at least a good number of us together.
Speaker 4: I think that would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Agreed, agreed, all right. So now getting back to this one. Now, dating the Antarctic sediments, not only did Rice University scientists have to date the pollen, they also have to date the aids of the various sediments. In each core sample taken, they determined whether the rocks form below the ice sheet in an open marine condition or is a combined glacial marine setting. Their research involved painstaking counts, categorization, and examination of the texture of thousands of sand grains preserved in the sediment. Their goal was to find out how much of the area was covered by glaslaciers over the past thirty six million years.
Speaker 4: It probably took decades of work.
Speaker 2: By the way, could you the Rice University of these are college kids that are like working on their masks.
Speaker 3: Shout out to everybody that worked on this says so much. I categorized every piece of everything that we found on that dig site, and it I mean we were there all the like, every day, NonStop, and we steal thousands and thousands and thousands of pieces of things.
Speaker 2: But now think about categorizing individual grains of sand, grain of sand, just like millions millions of grains of sand to see like, Okay, was this sand under a glacier or was this on a beach. Let's look at all the small micro distortions in this one grain of sand to determine it. Okay, it was glacier. Gonna put that into this pile.
Speaker 4: And all think people appreciate scientists enough.
Speaker 3: Real shit, I think that people just overlook the science fields and don't understand how much time, dedication and effort these people put into telling us, all of us normies, what is actually well, what they can at least find about Earth and about everything else about the human body.
Speaker 4: You name it, whatever field it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just saying shout out to every scientist and potentially probably not gonna listen to us, but hey if you're listening.
Speaker 2: But also, it's crazy whenever all this work goes into a dig site or goes into some sort of theory that these scientists are proposing to be verified true, and then the powers that be basically say, cool, we're gonna go ahead and shelve that and never tell anybody about it. Thank you for all of your decades of time and research, but go home now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the black hole theory, Yeah, some of those people have been working on that for decades, and just recently they started actually kind of say that potentially there's mistakes in physics and that there's.
Speaker 4: Something maybe changing with it.
Speaker 3: But that's you know, that's going to take another or years to maybe at least prove or disprove.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it's that's the thing shout out to the scientists are actually putting in the workout there. But then you also have the asshole scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson who basically shit on all the research that other fields of science have done for forever. It's yeah, the science of community, in the academic community, it is. It's a very dirty world. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of politically driven.
Speaker 2: Very politically driven, very monetarily driven sometimes to connect, not always. And then it's also very much about your credibility. Yes, it's very much about your status and your name recognition in your particular field of study. And even if you were to make some crazy groundbreaking discovery that like is confirmed and like oh my god, this is going to change the narrative, This is going to change the scope of so many things we understand. Now you have to to determine is it worth putting your livelihood and your decades of work on the line for Because if you present this to your peers and they shit all over it and now put you in the realm of being a quack, then all of your research, all of your work, all of it in anything you're going to try to accomplish from that point onward, is also labeled in the quackitude. So it's a very wild world, very interesting anyway, So the forests high in Antarctica's mountains. Meanwhile, researchers from the University of will Yeah, u W Milwaukee. I was trying to think of what the state that is the University of Wisconsin, right, Milwaukee's in Wisconsin. Yeah, So, researchers from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee climbed the frozen slopes of the transit Antarctic Mountains and found gray rocks containing fossils from Antarctica's forest past. They found fossil fragments of thirteen trees and discovered fossils of trees that are over two hundred and sixty million years old. That's so cool, meaning that this particular forest was growing at the end of the Permian period. Before the first dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: What that's so cool, Like, man, that's to be able to even see that in person and to touch it or just you know, just to at least visualize it and stuff in person. That'd be to wrap your mind around how old the Earth is. Yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: So at that time, antarticle was still at the South pole. This, yeah, obviously, at that time, Antarctica was still at the South Pole. It's still there today. That was a weird sentence. The scientists were hoping to find fossils from the Permian period, as this period ended two hundred and fifty one million years ago with a mass extinction caused by a sudden shift from ice house to greenhouse conditions. During this time, more than ninety percent of the species disappeared, including the polar forest. Cool so, okay. Obviously next would be the low diversity of plants. I understand that. Okay. The scignists are trying to figure out why these hardy species went extinct. It's estimated that this extinction event was relatively quick in geological terms, occurring over two hundred thousand years. During that time, volcanoes in Siberia released an enormous quantity of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. The scientists found that the forest had a low diversity of plants each and specific functions affected how the whole forest responded to the environmental change. This is in contrast to modern forests today, which have wider plant diversity and therefore are more adaptable to change. Nonetheless, the Antarctic forest was quite resilient, with the plants able to survive through polar extremes of twenty four hour light in summer and complete darkness in winter. So Antarctic plants turning on and off their growing cycles. Now that's crazy. These plants had developed their own version of hibernation.
Speaker 4: Plants.
Speaker 3: Plants are wild to me. The earth is in and of itself is crazy to me, and how everything has evolved and changes and adapt so quickly. Humans do not, but as well as everything else. But it's wild to me. How the growing, how they are able to do different things to make sure that they survive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, otherwise they wouldn't have the fossilized remains that they do. That's I mean, I understand. There's also a lot of working theories here, right, we don't know necessarily because we weren't there, and I can understand and appreciate that's that point of view, but also it's like, if this had to have taken place, then there has to be at least a few likely reasons to say that plants turned off their growing cycles for a time. I mean, granted, like.
Speaker 4: The tree rings. That's how they're testing it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So by studying the preserved Antarctic tree rings, the researchers found that these trees transition from summer activity to winter dormancy within a month. Wow. Modern plants meanwhile, make the transition over several months, which right, so we go from our spring to summer, and then when we get to our fall and winter, you can track the rings and see like, okay, this is when it really stopped its growing cycle. To say that these plants were able to do that within a month is pretty phenomenal. The next question researchers are working on is how months of perpetual light affected the plant's day and night cycles. There are no other plants living currently that have the ability to turn off and on their growing cycles, so scientists will need to study how these plants managed to force themselves out of dormancy when it was still dark. That's pretty incredible, so crazy. The last one on this article is the fossil food of Antarctica. The remnants of ancient forests are providing a source of life today in Lake Willands or Welans, I don't know which, sits below nearly one kilometer of ice in West Antarctica. Despite a heavy layer of ice on top, there is liquid water in the lake. When scientists drove through the ice and took samples of the lake's water and the sediment beneath it, they found that the water contained a thriving microbial com unity. The sediment contains microfossils of marine organisms, fossilized pollen from both beach trees and conifers, and pollen some three or thirty four million years old. In fact, both types of fossils are providing nutrients to the microbial community that is living in the pitch dark and at high pressures and low temperatures. Though an Antarctica trip reveals how amazing the region is from a sensory perspective, the findings of researchers in Antarctica similarly reveal how amazing the inner workings of the terrain continue to be. Wow So shout out to Ocean Wide for this one. Okay, so the next article we're going to talk about is the Blood the blood springs. I suppose you could say the waterfall, the blood waterfall. So now let's talk about Antarctica's blood red waterfall showing on screen right now, that is what it looks like. So just in the middle of all this ice and frozen tundra and all this bright red to dark crimson liquid is spurting out of the ice wall here. Essentially, this is from Smithsonian magazine, and I mean some of these pictures are like, if you didn't know any better and you had never known that Antarctica had this going on, that would be terrifying. To be completely honest, I'm.
Speaker 3: Be wondering if there's a whole bunch of dead people or something happening, right, what's going on with this?
Speaker 2: Like, what the hell is happening with this? But you know what, we're gonna learn about this one together, good colt members, So let's dive in. This is from the Smithsonian. I might add, one of the world's most extreme deserts might be the last place one would expect to find a waterfall, but in Antarctica's McMurdo Dry Valley, a five story fall pour slowly out of the Tailor glacier into Lake Bonnie. And it's not just the idea of a waterfall in the frozen world of Antarctica that's strange. The waterfall is bright red, like blood running from a cut in the glacier. Once again, McMurdo Dry Valley is where the America American scientists quote unquote have a base that was ran by Raytheon. So whenever somebody says that, oh, it's only being used for scientific exploration, why does a military industrial contractor why are they running an Antarctic quote unquote research base.
Speaker 3: A lot of the military is there though, that scientists are using their bases.
Speaker 2: And then you couple that with the fact that that's the spot where the only confirmed murder took place in Antarctica. But we're gonna get to.
Speaker 4: That lay feeding the blood fall.
Speaker 2: It show nuff is. If you're squeamish, don't worry. It's not blood that lends blood falls. Its unique Crimson Hue. Five million years ago, sea levels rose, flooding East Antarctica and forming a salty lake. Millions of years later, glaciers formed on top of the lake, cutting it off from the rest of the continent, mean that the water in Blood Falls is something of an aqueous time capsule four hundred meters underground. As the glaciers on top of the lake began to freeze, the water below became even saltier. Today, the salt content of the subglacial lake under blood Falls is three times saltier than seawater and too salty to freeze. The subglacial lake that feeds blood Falls is trapped beneath a quarter mile of ice. But in addition to being cut off from the rest of the continent, the water that feeds blood Falls is completely cut off from the atmosphere. It has never seen sunlight and is completely devoid of oxygen. It's also extremely rich in iron, which was churned into the water by glaciers scraping the bedrock below the lake. When water from the subglacial lake seeps through a fissure in the glacier, the salty water cascades down tailor glacier into lake, bonding below. When the iron rich water comes into contact with the air, it rusts, depositing blood red stains on the ice as it falls. So essentially, it's not that the glacier is bleeding. The water is a super salty fair there is aqueous mixture, and as soon as it does make contact with oxygen, which and that kind of kills me too, water has oxygen within it. H two. Oh, so why wouldn't the faires minerals in this water already have some sort of a rust content if the water itself has oxygen. Maybe it's because it's so salty. Maybe that kind of, like it said, encapsulated each of these iron particles.
Speaker 3: Maybe when it hits the actual air, it's so so much more that it changes the chemistry of it and causes it to rust.
Speaker 2: Actually, I just realized, yeah, it has to be, because when it's about the concentration of oxygen on the fairost materials, that's what makes it go to iron oxide. Okay, fair enough, fair enough. The color of blood Falls isn't the only weird thing about it. However, it's what lives inside the subglacial lake that interests scientists more than the waterfalls. Creepy color microbes, but maybe maybe that too. Millions of years ago, when those glaciers covered the salt lakes, there were microbes living in the water, and those microbes haven't gone anywhere, even though the water is now an extremely salty, oxygen free bowl of complete darkness buried four hundred meters under a glacier. Much of the bacteria are much like bacteria found living near deep sea thermal vents. The microbes of Blood Falls get their energy from breaking apart sulfates, which contain oxygen. After that, something early magical happens when the byproducts the iron in the water interacts with them to restore the sulfates, basically recycling the sulfates for the microbes to break down into oxygen over and over again. So the falls of McMurdo Dry Valley can only be reached by helicopter from nearby Antarctic Research station or cruise ships visiting the Ross Sea. So again, good cult members, if you have seen pictures of the Blood Falls from Antarctica, it's actually just rusty water. But that being said, these microbes they are living, keep in mind all of them have never seen sunlight. It's it's not a photosynthesis type of situation that's giving them energy. It's what's called chemosynthesis, and these chemosynthesis extreme mephiles I think I used the word right on that one have somehow survived uncontacted, untouched by the outside world for millions and millions and millions of years, which is letting them, letting scientists anyway possibly get a look into why there may be life on other planets, how bacterial and microbial life can exist in oxygen defunct environments, but still as long as the conditions are right for them, they're still able to survive and thrive.
Speaker 3: It's to eventually create gene spicing and add it to plant life and things like things like that, so they're able to transport that to all.
Speaker 2: Right, now, we are gonna go ahead and share the screen and play this video of a very similar situation that is taking place in as far as the chemical concentration is concerned. In how these microbes they like. They said they found them in volcanic vints under the ocean, but recently they discovered another place on Earth that has a very similar situationship with the environment and these microbes that are existing. I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen at this time and once getting good cult members if you would like to see what we are talking about rather than just hear about it. They can go to the Lincoln the description to Patreon dot com slash Cult Conspiracy podcast. That's the only place you'd be able to see the video for this. All right, without further ado, let's dive in to this other spot that recently kind of confirms all that we've been talking about today.
Speaker 6: It is spooky science series time, and this is probably the closest we're gonna get to alien life here on Earth. In nineteen eighty six, Remainian researchers were surveying land for a power plant when they drill down and hit nothing. Avoid Six meters below the surface, completely sealed off by clay, was a cave that had to touch the Earth's atmosphere in five point five million years. This is Moville Cave, and what these researchers found inside rerise what we thought was possible for life on Earth. This cave is a two hundred and forty meter horizontal maze with no natural entrance. It's been locked away since the Miocene epic, before modern humans, before modern mammals evolved. When scientists finally entered the cave, they discovered that the air was basically poison. Oxygen levels were as low as seven percent, which is about a.
Speaker 4: Third of what we normally breathe.
Speaker 6: Carbon dioxide levels were eighty times higher than surface level. You and I would last maybe an hour before passing out, But life inside this cave is thriving. Over thirty species have been found inside this cave that exists nowhere else on Earth. Here's where it gets scientifically spooky and truly alien. This ecosystem doesn't run on sunlight. There is no photosynthesis happening here. Instead, it runs on chemosynthesis, bacteria eating hydrogen, sulfide and methane, converting those toxic chemicals into energy, forming slimy mats on the cave walls and water surface, and those mats feed everything else.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 6: Only land based chemosynthetic ecosystem ever found. The only other places like this are hydrothermal events at the bottom of the ocean. And the creatures completely blind, eyes are missing or non functional, translucent, colorless bodies because pigmentation is useless in the dark, but elongated legs and antennae to navigate by touch and chemical sensing alone. The cave's apex predator is this two inch venomous centipede cryptov spellurex which literally translates to king of the cave. It hunts smaller in vertebrates that have never in its entire evolutionary history seen light. This is an adaptation, but an example of parallel evolution. Life that's from the surface world five point five million years ago and went in its own direction. Since its discovery, access is limited through an eighteen meter vertical shaft sealed with an airtight gate. Only a handful of researchers enter each year with special permission, one of them being NASA. Because if life can exist here, it can exist in the subsurface oceans of Europa.
Speaker 4: And the like.
Speaker 6: TLDR Mobile Cave is our best model for what alien life might actually look like. But for me, the wile this spookiest part about all of this is the fact that we only discovered this cave thirty nine years ago, and that too by accident. I can only imagine there are many other places like this on our Earth waiting to be discovered. Fall from more spooky science series all October long, and make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: For it all right, Shout out to what is it now till science on YouTube. Shout out to them. It's crazy to see that there are other examples at least that had been discovered. That was a Romanian cave. I think she said that has the same type of self contained ecosystem where they're pretty much just uncontacted for millions and millions of years. That ties into why the blood falls of Antarctica are what they are and how they have operated and function to become what they are today.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy to me, mind blowing. They of course have spiders. I don't know if anybody do picked up on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have spiders inside the cave as well more spiders. What is rods with the world the like? She said? The Apex predator is a two inch long centipede.
Speaker 3: Right, I talked about one of the worst bugs humanly possible for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ever, period, Who I'm gonna get chills so.
Speaker 2: You can never go to Hawaii?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 2: OK?
Speaker 3: Good? Now, I watched Indian Jones a bit too much him seeing his hand. I'm just saying that others probably like maybe four people that I've put my hand in that hole. For everybody else, I'd just be like, I love you, You're.
Speaker 4: Just gonna die really quickly. Love you. I'm not putting my hand inside the fucking hole.
Speaker 2: But the spider that was in that picture, that was in that cave is tiny by comparison. If the largest apex preytor is a two inch centipede, that's gotta be tiny.
Speaker 4: Antarctica like the Antarctica one, though it did.
Speaker 2: It did indeed, and the ones in Antarctica are the size of dinner plates.
Speaker 4: What the fuck m they must be all from Australia. We blame Australia.
Speaker 2: Interestingly enough, Antarctica was called Terra Australis for the majority of its history until Captain Cook. Actually, when he went there, they thought it was originally just another island off of Australia that they were going to circumnavigate and map. They didn't realize that it was its own independent continent.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how all of the Australians that we have listened to the show, I don't know how y'all live there with the with the amount of spiders.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: And nine of the ten most venomous snakes on Earth all live there. But I mean keep in mind, and they also lost a war to a bunch of birds, so like you know, the EMU Wars. For anybody who doesn't know. The Australians, with all their might and all their ability to just like tame the Outback, lost the war to flightless birds.
Speaker 4: Have you ever been around an emu?
Speaker 2: I guarantee a machine gun could lay out an entire herd or.
Speaker 4: Flock abase fast and so aggressive.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that a fifty cow with a couple of boxes of VMO, especially because they all kind of heard themselves together a flock. I'm not sure what should the correct term for EMUs, but like you're telling me that you couldn't just like lay out an entire herd.
Speaker 4: I think it's flock, but I mean flock. Yeah, but they.
Speaker 2: Are quite We had the Buffalo Wars in America to mostly that was to like starve out the Indian population, and I understand that and it was horrible, But you're telling me Australia couldn't do something similar. Instead, they just built a massive fence and said, fine, the birds can have this section of the country. They win. Like, that's the most ridiculous punk ash shit my life.
Speaker 4: Look, they are like they're from the raptors.
Speaker 2: Yep, so's the chicken yeah, but well no, the chickens from the t rex excuse me. The closest relative to an actual chicken is a t rex, yeah, which is.
Speaker 4: The little arms.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Captain Cook was one of the first to Actually he's the one that navigated New Zealand and made the map of it, then went to Australia, then found Hawaii, and that's where he died because you know, there was a bit of a scuff he and his crew had a little bit of a little dust up with the local population, and then the local Polynesian tribe of Hawaii took him and his crew members that died to the top of the mountain and skinned him. Uh. He was dead by this point, but they skinned him and sent the bones back to the ship. Granted, in the Polynesian.
Speaker 4: Culture, wasn't that really respectful though?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: It was. They actually sent portions of his bones to other chiefs other islands, which to them was a massive sign of respect, like they were giving them like a totem of this great warrior, even in his death. They respected Captain Cook. But the other white guys on the ship watched this savagery and this barbarism and wrote back, They're like, yo, don't go here. These people are insane and shit, But then you know all the things. So cap'n Cook, with all of his things, really doing his work with the mapping of the coastline of Australia. It changed a lot of narratives too.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of information, are a lot of people debating his specific map and what it could mean for potential ice or not ice in those locations at that time.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind cap'n Cook's maps were used up until the nineteen sixties by most of the First World countries. American naval officers were still using maps that were basically copy and pasted references from cap'n Cook's maps.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It is. But then keep in mind a lot of the research that was done in Antarctica, even in the Golden Age of exploration, a lot of his maps of the coastline. Most saw them as very accurate, so they just kind of rolled with it up until satellite imagery kind of gave us a better picture of it. And that was the first map that was made of it since the Pirie Rece map, which is also incredible for the time frame that it was made. But it was also story from a story from a story to get to Europe to Pirie Reeves who actually wrote it down and drew this thing. But for the vast majority of human existence of people that believed the Antarctica was a thing, they thought it was a land mass that connected all other land masks. Basically, they believed that the southernmost African tip touched Antarctica and as well as Australia, as well as South America. They just thought it was like a massive land bridge that connected everything to everything, and it it was a very decent working theory.
Speaker 4: But I mean, if you can't cross it, well, you know, Piri.
Speaker 2: Rees had never gone never even left most I think he made his way down to Africa twice or something like that, but not even to the South African coast. So he was going off of not even third person information. He was going off of like seventh or eighth person information to say that there was something down there. But it's all very interesting and important for the day and age that it was made. But all things considered, you know, we now know way more about the obviously with satellites, but we can now look at the research that they were doing and understand why they put that pin to paper in that way, and it's not to debunk these people. It is a way to show they were doing the best with what they had at the time.
Speaker 4: There's actually a speaking of just maps.
Speaker 3: I was watching a thing about why NASA why the Earth's photos that people see how they've interlayed them and how they've made this like stitch pattern of photos, and Steven that's why most people don't believe it because stitch together photos.
Speaker 2: They are photoshopped.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, And there's like this whole thing about you know, Antarctica when I was looking it up, about the photos, the black spots and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So some of it has to be photoshopped though, because if you were to just take a snapshot of the Earth from space, there's so much cloud coverage and you're you're basically gonna look at a snow globe. So they have to take a section of this that where when there was no cloud coverage and then stitch that together with this other area when there was no cloud coverage. So they do have to kind of photoshop and collage things together. Or it's flat, clearly must be because it's flat, you know anyway, But hey, those those flat earthers that made their way to Antarctica. At least one of them was convinced that maybe he was wrong, you know, big man. And actually Jaren was supposed to come on this show. Eventually, we were in contact with him to come on our show and talk to us about his Antarctic expedition, but he he got busy with other podcasts that he was supposed to be scheduled to go on. So good cult members be on the lookout. We're gonna try to get Jaren on the show to tell us firsthand from the man that went to Antarctica what he experienced to claim that. Now, keep in mind, he was a professional flat earther. He was a content creator that was all about flat Earth. So for him to say, hey, I was wrong, the Earth is round. He has gotten so much shit from the flat earth community. He has been quote unquote debunked by certain individuals, and it's really sad because he's honestly just trying to tell people the truth and now they're saying, oh, he's obviously bought. The government got to him, and it's like Broly, he's a podcaster.
Speaker 3: I guess you know what, if they want to believe in flat Earth, I'm here for it. If they want to believe it's round, I'm here for it. They want to believe it's hollow, I am here for it.
Speaker 2: With that, we do want to get to Hollow earth good cult members, but we're not going to have time today because to be honest, we have only gotten through like three out of the ten things that we brought to bring onto this episode today. So we are gonna do an Antarctica Part two next episode as a matter of fact. But uh, without further ado, we are gonna wrap up this episode. If you would like to experience, you know, the benefits of the marijuana, and you don't want to smoke it, but you would like to drink it, then go to the link in the description below to Good Feels Cannabis CBD and THC Seltzer. I have never tried the product myself, but Jonathan has and he swears by it. He loves it, and apparently it gives you a good, solid buzz without getting you know, spirit animal levels of high. And you're also you know, you're not gonna have the hangover, any of the nastier effects that you would have from alcohol. So if you would like to experience cannabis seltzer go to link in the description to get twenty percent off and free shipping to your door. If you would like to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver bullying in the best place to go would be to go to cocsilver dot com. Fill out your information, and when you do, our homeboy Wayne Clark is gonna be the one to reach out to you and get you squared away. Talk to your financial advisor, talk to your CPA, you're accounting what and ask them if they think that investing in precious metals is a wise investment. I promise you they're gonna tell you at least a portion of your retirement portfolio needs to be invested in precious metals and bullion. Best place to get your start and get real tangible silver and gold mailed to your door would be to go to cecsilver dot com and get your start today. But another way that you support the show and let the good cult members around the world know what you think about this episode. What do you personally think about the topics we've covered with Antarctica today and again there's gonna be a part two. So if we didn't cover your favorite Antarctica, conspiracy or myth or legend. We might get it on the next episode, but we want to hear what you have to say about this episode. Primarily if you disagree with some of the points that we made, let us know. If nothing else, feed the algorithm. The more you talk on the comments section, the more the algorithm is fed, the bigger the show can go. So what you could do please would be too hit the five stars, hit the Shares of Life, suscribes comments, leave a post in reviews, shares, the Friends of Family, shriffs everwhere. Here's the deal. The more activity our algorithm seas across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted and more potential lists who could then become potential call mamers like the rest of you. Finally, he's in, gentlemen, why you're ready to go ahead and give Jonathan the level on his side project, which is now his main hustle. The metamistics give them the same love of respect over there with the five star abusing and positivity in the comments. Come turn out the Cage to night and come joint each of us for our individual patroon live events that we host every Wednesday night. At nine pm Central. Links to both are in the description as well. Thank you for everybody's already gone and done so. And with all of this being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy And I'm the Cajun Knight and there's one very important, extremely vital piece off mation mood to learn just as soon as.
Speaker 7: Humanly possible, are.
Speaker 2: Hey cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com right now. Abim Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screets shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus free shipping on your entire order. Doesn't matter how much you spend or what you buy. All we packaged and sent discreetly for free. That's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts to boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code CULT at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code CULT that's Cult at Adam and eve dot com. Now, this is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code CULT