Speaker 1: It's the JB and Sandy Show, and you can now save us as a preset on the iHeartRadio app. It's Austin Dad Station one o three point one.
Speaker 2: Guy code is.
Speaker 1: A very very very real thing and dude world, and some guys get guy code better than other guys just the way that it is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But we're going to share some with some of the guy code things with you in just a minute and play a clip from a great movie called The Town with Jeremy Renner and Ben Affleck. That's perfect the guy code. But before we get to that, I have to tell you, JB, your shirt is ordered. We were doing a bit where we each have to order a T shirt for another person on the show. I drew JB. And it has to be their personality. It has to fit their personality. What it says on the T shirt and the one that I got you, I'll steal align from Tricia, it says, if they made it for.
Speaker 3: You, let's make a shirt for JB.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, Yeah, I got to get on that today. I need to get I have something in mind. I got to find it for Tricia, right, So you have Tricia and Tricia has me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I ordered yours today too.
Speaker 1: And this all stemmed from Tricia and her collection of funny T shirts. Right, She's always got one on that says something about her.
Speaker 3: Yes, my roll or or only wears black, loves dogs, hates people.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the one that I ordered and you ordered for.
Speaker 3: Me, Yes, I placed the order today.
Speaker 1: I don't know when yours is going to get here. It was one of those wasn't an Amazon order. It was like a T shirt world.
Speaker 3: Is it coming from the land of China this month?
Speaker 2: Probably coming from Beijing.
Speaker 3: I'll be here Fridays.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play this clip from the movie.
Speaker 1: This is Jeremy Renner Ben Affleck, Ben Afflex walking into a room where Jeremy Renner is watching television. He needs help from his buddy, and it's a perfect example of guide code.
Speaker 2: I need you help. I can't tell you what it is. You can never ask me about it later. And we're going to hurt some people. What's we're gonna take? Wants to know?
Speaker 3: I love that clip.
Speaker 2: Who's cob were going to take?
Speaker 4: Doesn't know any details? A woman would have asked for a million details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and every guy out there that wanted to do the exact same thing as Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Rinner is breaking guy breaking guy code, right, you just okay, A girl would still do it. She'd say I'm in, but she'd want all the details so then she could maybe improve upon the plan and make it even better, help her friends make it even better. We'd still do it. It would take you longer, I know, but it would be perfection.
Speaker 1: Other things that you know, that's a great example, like when called upon, you just show up.
Speaker 2: You just when your buddy need you.
Speaker 1: You just you don't ask why, You just get your keys and you go and help them out.
Speaker 2: You got one JB.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't date your buddy's X.
Speaker 2: Oh I've heard that or their sister. Yes, yeah, any of.
Speaker 3: Y'all friends ever try and date y'all sisters? Y'all all have you both have sisters?
Speaker 2: No, but I messed around with my sister's friends. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's reverse. I feel like that's okay, right, I don't know. I felt they needed to keep it a secret for the last forty years. Oh so.
Speaker 2: Maybe not. I don't know. But yeah, you don't mess around, you don't date.
Speaker 1: There was a guy that I went to high school he and through high school I think three different times. And he was a buddy three different times. Stated my ex did it three times, three different exes, three different girlfriends, all through high school. Right, he did it over and over and over. He ended up marrying one of them. Which whatever, do you care? No, they bugged me at the time, but you know what I mean, there wasn't. I mean, when you're sixteen, seventeen years old, you don't really know much about bro code.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they should. It comes it comes later, right for sure. Here's another really good one. You always respect the grill master. You don't touch another man's grill or his tungs.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you know what else, when the guy's grilling broke code, you don't.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 1: Don't lend any advice while he's grilling. He knows what he's doing. Leave him alone. Just leave him alone. You never, dudes, never you're breaking bro code. If you get free beer, you don't bitch about what brand it is. Right, you know, I'm not drinking a PBR. It's free drink it. It's just some you know guys. And we had I talked to my daughter about this. I told her once we were walking out of busy sidewalk, and so I, because I was brought up right, I took the position closest to traffic right and to her left, and I said to her, as we're walking along, I go, if you ever date a guy that doesn't walk to your left on the side of traffic, break up with him immediately.
Speaker 3: M you're done with very old school right he one raised right, one raised right. If you didn't do that and open a door, have to make sure they open your door. Guys. Opening doors for girls is just it's going away. Nobody's doing it anymore.
Speaker 4: I do it for my wife and daughter, and sometimes a woman will see it and comment like that, Wow, you don't see anyone do that anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's good.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: Else doesn't happen very often, but it does every time I see my uncles who are old school cowboys. If we go to meet them for dinner or lunch or somewhere, and they're there first, when I walk up to the table, they stand up, even if it's just like in a sandwich shop, they just stand up, not all the way up maybe, but enough to like the respectful of the girls here, acknowledging I'm there. And they'll sit down.
Speaker 1: It's kind of not bro code, but it was pretty funny. One year at my parents' house for a holiday, and the rule of my house I think we've talked about this before was nobody eats until apple eats until my mom sits down and eats.
Speaker 2: Tricia didn't get the memo. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I know, No, dude, If growing up we didn't eat until my grandmother sat down, we would none of us would ever eat. She was always up, constantly doing stuff, and there were so many of us people just ate immediately, and it just wasn't a thing that we waited for my grandmother to sit down.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: Here's a tricky guy code thing. And I'm sure you've experienced this. I'll use the term busting chops instead of the other term. You don't bust the chops unless you know the other, dude really well, you don't. You're not the new guy hanging out and start chiming in right and cracking on them, because that's not cool. You got to be really tight exactly like if yeah, like I can make fun of Sandy's extra large head, yep, but someone if we're with some new person, and they start chiming in.
Speaker 2: You're like whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: Then I would get offended.
Speaker 2: Hey that right, right, because there's time with somebody, right, you can't just start banging on him the moment you meet.
Speaker 1: Him, right, Trying to be funny, you know what's a tricky one in guy code is the head nod. You know, yes, it's it's really it's a tricky one because if you know them, nod up.
Speaker 2: If you don't know them, nod down.
Speaker 4: Wow, there is that's a really interesting thing. Like there's also this like if you if you get caught kind of checking out his wife or girlfriend, you immediately look to the guy and just nod, like you.
Speaker 2: Acknowledge, I got you. Good job. Pick your coverage right, because.
Speaker 4: If you just are standing like you might end up in a fight, so you need to And there's also a lot of just acknowledging a stranger like it's a I see you, I respect you, Like yeah, it's so you don't bump shoulders and get into a fight passing each other.
Speaker 2: That stuff can happen easily. Easily.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that all makes sense, but it's like, yeah, you acknowledge I acknowledge you like, just that's your territory, this is mine. We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a dog gets peed on something. You pete on her.
Speaker 1: We get it. Okay, it's spot what about I mean, this is one for me. Hey, if I first meet you, I don't need a hand jive. I just need a handshake, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Just a good old fashioned classic, Yeah, classic all handshake.
Speaker 1: I don't need to slap hands and do the bump and no.
Speaker 3: Handshake.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you don't do the I guess how do you describe it? More of an interlocking thumb. That's more like casual handsh You don't do that when you don't know them.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the sports handshake, you know what I mean? Yeah, that's after game handshake. Just a good a good hands good one is good.
Speaker 2: Right. Any others we need to get out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there's there's definitely. And chicks don't do this. Guys split the check even no matter who had what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we do. We don't take out the calculator.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just it's such a salad and I didn't have any wine. Yeah, you know, you just split it, split it right out right down the middle. Exactly, or one chooses to pick it up, you get it next time. Yeah, and you guys handle that. That's the what what goes around comes around, you know what I mean. I mean, I don't think Jbi and I have ever been out together. We've had a lot of meals and a lot of drinks together over the years that we even split it. It was always I'll get this when you get the next one. Yeah, it's over time. It's gonna even out.
Speaker 2: Yep, it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some guy codes in the restroom too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Urinal issue.
Speaker 2: Do not speak. Do not speak at the urinal.
Speaker 4: That's no, no matter what, even if you know them.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like I also heard too that you don't if you go in and there's nobody else in there, you always pick an end urinal. You don't immediately take it like in the middle urinal. Doesn't. It just makes anybody who comes in after that uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yes.
Speaker 4: And if there is someone in there at the urinal, you choose the one furthest away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't say there's six.
Speaker 4: Of them in a row. And I and there was one guy in there using the jurnal, and I went and stood next to him. No, no, no, ye don't do that.
Speaker 2: And you also don't do the spare square. If you need it, you wait till.
Speaker 3: They leave, you know what I mean, you're in a stall. See, that's one thing that guys will do, the girls won't. Guys will walk into a bathroom and go in the stall and do the number you do in a stall and not care how many other guys are in there. Girls will sit there and hold it and do the camouflage flush so you can't hear it, and cought so you don't notice how many times they're getting toilet paper. They're very different roles in boy and girls bathrooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, there's some good there's some good guy code with like you know, being a good wingman. Yeah, you know, sometimes you got to entertain the ugly chick so your friends can.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you got like if your two dudes out and there's two girls, you gotta choose wisely too, you know what i mean, Like which one you're gonna flirt with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it works out.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you establish ahead of time, like you take the one on the right, I'll take the one on the left.
Speaker 4: It's kind of just happens. It's all the stuff's unwritten. You know you don't You don't acknowledge it. You just do it right. Yeah, it's not easy being a dude. A lot of rules.
Speaker 3: Girls acknowledge everything. It's our job is to acknowledge all the things.
Speaker 2: So like when you guys sneak off and go to the bathroom, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: All the all the people out there, something rude, A guys said, some stupid outfit or ugly outfit that girl has on. She looked like a whore. That girl talks too loud, that guy's weird. All the things where we make it back to the table.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, guys, and this is not easy to do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta tell him that the girl you're with is crazy. And that's a that's a bro code really good friend thing, Like if she's nuts, you gotta tell him, dude, she's nuts.
Speaker 2: You gotta get away from her.
Speaker 3: Heally, I feel like you would never do that. I feel like that would be somehow breaking guy code.
Speaker 2: No, that's good friend.
Speaker 4: Really Well, there's there's two answers to that situation.
Speaker 2: You say.
Speaker 4: You think one and you say one. You could say she's nuts or you can think she must be good in bed because otherwise it is not worth it.
Speaker 1: That's true. I've thought about that about some people I know. He must be no exactly who I'm thinking. Yeah, she must do things he had never even heard of them or read about before, right right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's the only reason. It's the only reason.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's your bro code friends JB and Sandy just here to help stay with us. More coming up on Austin's AATY Station one O three point one