Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, August twenty sixth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, presented by ms I and I am your host, Jim Ochoa joining me co captain of the ship. That's right, he's he's our little soda pop Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 2: I was muted.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's right, I go pop up fizz fizz. Oh what a relief it is.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's right.
Speaker 1: He's our own little bird with multiple eyes and a fun little black hat.
Speaker 4: Jeff Backlar. Oh my god, what's that bird's name? I don't care?
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 4: The bird and the cat is the That movie is so good, all the music is amazing. We are living in a K pop demon hunter's world, folks.
Speaker 1: Not to worry, folks, he's ready to seal the hand Moon all by himself, facing his own history and his own demons inside of him.
Speaker 5: Dan Ryker, I watched that entire movie and I still had no idea what you guys were talking about.
Speaker 1: A second and we have the most musical man. He doesn't need any serials to fix his voice, because his voice.
Speaker 2: Truly is golden.
Speaker 1: And he's a bad boy of games media. So maybe he's he's a lisage boy himself. Mike Manati, are you ready for the breakdown? Jeff Furry Grub is actually a scrub. If he still went with takedown, it would have worked.
Speaker 2: Come on, but no, you know what, Actually, I'm having a character development and I realized that, uh, bringing down others is not the solution to my problems. I should instead lift up myself and my friends.
Speaker 4: I don't think you need to hear that at all.
Speaker 3: Actually might be toxic for you specifically, Yeah, is there so much Well, I guess toxic positivity is a thing right where it's like you'redated with too much vibes that you're like, all right, I've never seen seeing the bad of anything anymore.
Speaker 2: I am definitely I'm a bit off kilter today, and I apologize for it. I'm a little distressed.
Speaker 1: Why are you distressed? Or is this like a mic?
Speaker 6: He's setting something?
Speaker 3: Why do you? I know, don't ask?
Speaker 2: You're setting us up? Are you a chipmunk? Now? What's front to this chip? Well, so it's a very long story. In the third grade, I was fighting.
Speaker 3: No no, no.
Speaker 2: Away. Skip to this weekend. Whatever it happens, you shut up and listen. No, no, no, no, we're taking the off rip.
Speaker 1: Daddy's taking a different route to get to the destination sooner, Mike, what happened.
Speaker 2: In the third grade and had another kid? We're fighting over a puppet and stirring the fight up, my face got slammed into a marble window sill and my my front tooth chipped off. Ever since then, I've had a series of crowns and caps on this tooth. And like every five years or so, something happens like a chip or it just comes on new puppet, a new puppets that is traumatic for you, but not traumatic, more annoying and upsetting. And I hate the feeling of a chip. Now it's a very tight chip right now. All that happened this time was I was at some uh market store and they had artismal root piers I bought Bair. I was like in my car, like trying to put stuff like I put like the root beer bottle in my mouth, was just holding it up with my teeth and I guess I bit down on it too hard and it chipped. So that's all it was. Uh save me today at least actually three three so shortly after this podcast was going to go to the dentists. Hopefully they I hope they can just kind of put something there and not take off the whole cap and have to make a new one. It's a whole thing. It's not I don't even know if you guys can see, it's not that bad. But he's driving because you're tonguing the chip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't stop yourself right once you notice it. Your your tongue just does its own thing.
Speaker 2: Can stop getting.
Speaker 6: Audio listeners are missing out?
Speaker 4: Bad for business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking about teeth. Uh, Mike, movie your camera a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm getting it, speaking about.
Speaker 1: Teeth, boys, I need I need everyone's opinion here in the public opinion, public court of opinion?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is of public with the court of public opinion?
Speaker 2: Court of owls? Got it?
Speaker 1: I want to get a grill again. Okay, but then I'm thinking, oh, yeah, like bottom eight here. You know I don't have the straight teeth on my body.
Speaker 3: Clear. Me and Mike both thought you meant why we're excited to talk about charcoal?
Speaker 6: We were still talking about teeth, Jay, and I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Did thank you for following the thread.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm programmed to know that's what you mean as well.
Speaker 1: Uh no, I knew you would know as well. Back, Laur, I just know lost this hell over here for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's like what a pivot? But yeah, girls are great. Don't let it tell you that you can't taste the smoky charcoal flavor.
Speaker 3: Can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't just get a cheap Weber grill with some good old chucol nuggies.
Speaker 3: But see, now we don't have to have this conversation because it was about about Jan's grill.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking right like, I'm a little uh self conscious about my bottom teeth because it's not like the straightest. I thought, fuck it, whatever if I'm just gonna get like gold teeth mucket and I was thinking bottom eight. But then should I also add like the canines on top? Like so two on top here?
Speaker 4: Okay, I like, I like, I'm afraid I cannot provide any helpful advice.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have a you have an aesthetic eye, back, La, don't sell yourself short. You have what looks good.
Speaker 1: I am. I am a taste for you have a taste for fashion, you know what I do.
Speaker 4: I just think this is a a section of fashion perhaps that I cannot long fangs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, no, no, not not just two things go full shark.
Speaker 2: Full shark.
Speaker 6: Okay, the Latinum.
Speaker 4: Shark girls seem tremendously uncomfortable they are, okay?
Speaker 6: Did them out to eat? Did they pop out like an invisil line they have to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but the swag, you got a factor in the swag?
Speaker 3: I get it. Fashion.
Speaker 4: There's a price to pay, I understand now.
Speaker 1: My my problem is the guy that I went to originally for my old grill I think may have died. So r I P mister bling bling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a sterious infection on his mouth anyways, in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Mouth mouth, What a way to go. How is everyone else doing? I hope your mouths and teeth are fine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I uh, for reasons that will probably be clear tomorrow. In a video, I yesterday spent some time in a security office watching Ben Hanson have to provide his uh information to security officers. And there was a police woman too, and uh that was very funny to me.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, where does Ben Hanson rank on funniest friend to see get in close to like trouble with the police?
Speaker 6: Like he would be second only to Manati.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what That's what I was wondering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're the last person I want to Mike.
Speaker 3: I think Mike would be It would be pretty sad because he just wouldn't be able to handle.
Speaker 6: Most anxiety I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 5: I've just seen the man like be confronted with the concept of jaywalking and just be able to handle him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't want that to happen him. I've been is kind of a funny thought through and was hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yes, really, And I was also sitting next to him, but I was not the one in trouble, So I just got to sit there and just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you are a narc and I feel like.
Speaker 2: No, no, I was there.
Speaker 3: I was just by your own admission. Hello, he was the police.
Speaker 5: He was the one that security had a blurry photo of that they were following around an amusement park looking for. So I was in trouble.
Speaker 3: Why was it blurry?
Speaker 6: It was just like security and they're like this man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: I have also thought about this, but I kind of hate the dystopian future we live in for multiple reasons. But I've seen so many people wearing those meta glasses the ray bands with the camera in them, and it kind of freaks me out.
Speaker 6: I don't think I would be able to spot them in the wail what they meta?
Speaker 3: They look like sunglasses for the most part, Dan, I think I agree that you would not be able to spot them. Mary.
Speaker 5: All of Mary's Instagram stuff I see her uploaded from sunglasses, which I don't really understand how that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she's got the right band sunglasses. Yeah, okay, so I Jan, I'm with you. I don't know, like when the glasshole thing like went away and all these glasses are they seem like they're cool and hip. I did not realize that that had happened.
Speaker 4: I think it's because they're they're much more get, they are more fashionable.
Speaker 3: But I thought the whole point was there's a man with the camera looking at me all the time at this bar.
Speaker 4: Excuse they're subtle. They're they're much much more subtle. I mean, if Greg Miller wore them, I feel like for all of us, Yes.
Speaker 3: The most subtle man alive.
Speaker 6: He doesn't want anyone to notice them.
Speaker 4: So no, definitely, he wasn't advertising that he had cameras on his eyeballs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like to assume that now that like anybody can be kind, Yes, that stings. How do you get it to record? You just tell it like hey, glasses record or.
Speaker 3: Think there's probably a capacitive touch on the on the band there.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've not used one.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be accused of being a creep, so I will not be with one of these things. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought several times in like the last week, like, oh, that'd be fun, is like a BCAM or something, And then I thought of the implications of everything afterwards, where it's like, ooh, I don't want my friends to be uncomfortable talking around me because I'm constantly recording, or the prospect of constantly recording.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Think you will eventually be wearing cameras on you.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think it'll be like it'll just be built into I mean, you know, I have a camera with me all the time, though you no.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: But but when people make the argument of like, oh, I'm not going to put in alexim my home, then I'll have a microphone listening to me all the time, It's like, oh, honey, you definitely already have that constantly with your TV don't and you can't fool yourself like that. But you're right, there is a difference between that and something on your face that is always looking where you're looking. That's a little different. But you're right that eventually I'm just gonna buy something that has the stuff built in and I'll be like, whatever, I still want this thing, and then I'll use it. You're right, I think.
Speaker 1: Actually, do the metaglasses are they also like Bluetooth headphones are like a microphone or something.
Speaker 3: I would hope so, because like I've I've had glasses that have the bone conducting like audio things, so you could just wear them and they send them a sound into your ear without having to put anything in your ear. And those were pretty decent. And it's like, if I'm gonna be paying a lot of money for one of these things, I kind of wanted to have all that functionality.
Speaker 5: Sure, Hey, Grub, I know I'm not normally the news guy, but I did just get a press release that I'm into the news.
Speaker 6: It a claim is back.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's in there that Yeah, I was gonna see if that happened already. Did they say what it's back?
Speaker 5: It just says the Claim is back, not as I already closed it, but they were trying to make it sound like they're fully back.
Speaker 6: Here time the reboot, but a rebirth for the idea chief.
Speaker 3: Wait stop, Dan, do you know who the chief operating officer is of a Claim currently? Yeah, right now, you've met him.
Speaker 1: We've been on the podcast for him. No, no, no, you me and Mike have been on a podcast with him.
Speaker 3: He's one of Myke's best friends, his brother.
Speaker 2: No right, good guess right?
Speaker 1: He uh he loves to see no, no, no, he loves to see you're getting warmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's uh, he's a worker for sure. Uh.
Speaker 1: He's friends with Taylor Swift. Oh Joe, right, okay, yes, it's double j. It's double j. Yes, okay, that's right. Forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Joe at the wrestler. For people who are like lost right now, Jeff, you'rett the wrestler is involved in Acclaim coming back? Whatever the fuck? That for real? For real? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, why would I agree with that? Sound what? I don't have an answer for you.
Speaker 6: Look, I could never stop talking about video games, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're joking, but like he he's okay, cool.
Speaker 3: That just do not stop going back and forth about Breath of the Wild like those two guys. Why not?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Okay, we'll get to that in the news, all right, cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh you know maybe uh, Jeff, Jared and I can can talk shop being co being coos together. You know, we have more stuff in common.
Speaker 6: Now, well, man, Hunter, you gotta talk, you know, let's speak CEOs, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, before we get to the Video Games Talk gang, we are presented by MSI and MSI is going to be at packs West this weekend. And if you are a part of our gang, the Giant BombCast John Bomb dot com, go head over to the booth and tell them we sent you and you would get entered into a little raffle and I want you to win, all right. I want you at home. Are faithful, lovely listeners of the most handsomest podcast, the video game podcast in history. So please, yeah, stop by the MSI booth. Tell him we said, what's up? Tell them he sent you and you could you could maybe win something. Also, I don't know, grade them on their DAPs this bump, Yeah, I find them, Yeah, show them that. The Giant Bomb audience is not a bunch of uncoordinated losers. Show them that we're cool as hell.
Speaker 3: Do a case, not for God's sake, dance yeah, but for real, really do this.
Speaker 2: Because it'll make us look cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, so cool?
Speaker 1: Ye, don't don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't show them your you're so cool shirt?
Speaker 3: That was your face on your shirt when you go there.
Speaker 2: Should I change this before I go to the dentist? No?
Speaker 3: No no. But also, you're not a lawing.
Speaker 4: If I put that together, I'm bypassing the Nova game. Okay, this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Experience even more before we talk about video games. If you were like a medical professional, Mike walks into your office, right, and you see the shirt that says so cool, but it doesn't quite look like him, do you assume that he's like a SoundCloud rapper?
Speaker 6: Oh, medical professionals listen to SoundCloud rap? You think, yeah?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: What do you I mean? Those people probably are hurt a lot, right, so they talked to They ship.
Speaker 2: Their teeth for different reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're always sleepy for some reason. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: Why would you think a doctor couldn't know what SoundCloud is?
Speaker 5: Because I don't really know what SoundCloud is, but it sounds like something for young people. And when I think about medical professionals, I picture a fifty eight year old dude with white hair and stethoscope.
Speaker 1: Damn, my doctor is younger than me, and it upsets me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess that does happen now, Yeah, my dad, there's a decade of people who.
Speaker 3: Could be doctor behind you.
Speaker 5: I went to I did the guessing game at the amusement park yesterday, you know where they guess your age and stuff. And we were trying to decide, okay, who among this group was me, Hansoon, Leovator, and Ben Reeves who could get win a prize by the pressing your age the wrongest.
Speaker 6: And I was like, I bet they're going to think I'm older than I am.
Speaker 5: And I went up and she guessed that I was forty seven, so I want, oh yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: The ultimate con pays off well done.
Speaker 6: By looking older than you are.
Speaker 3: I just did the math the treaking age year. It's two thousand and four. That is an insane number.
Speaker 2: You could be drinking and not. That's halo.
Speaker 1: Yeah huh man, yeah, alright, well yeah, it'sop By the aside, booth at PEX West.
Speaker 2: Please God good, wait to sandwich that Jan's I don't want anyone guessing my age. No one's good pro say I'm in my thirties. Thank you. Yeah, well you don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think someone would guess you're like thirty five for sure.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes me.
Speaker 6: Look so much older.
Speaker 4: Tons, Dan, I don't want to answer that honestly with you, because I feel like you're gonna be man.
Speaker 5: I want to be an old man. I want this to go totally gray. I'm fine with that. So the beard and the gray that makes me.
Speaker 3: The way you dress, yeah, okay, okay, that's fine, that's fine, you dress on them. We're not talking about that, and we're talking about you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, But last week, I I uh, last week was games, Calm Gang I guess we say so, well, I I do say so. We did do this podcast much earlier so we could talk over Jeff Keeley's European vacation birthday and uh. But before that, I went over to the Capcom offices in San Francisco to check over some of their games Calm demos, and I checked out only Musha Way of the Sword. Are any of y'all super like into the original only Musha games.
Speaker 3: I think all of us are in the same boat where we kind of were like that looks cool and never played it.
Speaker 2: Much like the idea of it.
Speaker 5: I'm glad it exists, didn't play the idea of Resident Evil was swords is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this does not feel or look like that those original games at all, because this is the third person behind the back samurai style game. If I'm to compare it to any other game immediately, I guess we can go with the secu Ro comparison. Yes, that's not a bad one. It's not a bad one. But with seki Row and maybe the Souls games, there is like a feeling and I guess this depends on which class or how you spec out your character, but you feel very light on your feet. At least in secu Row you feel like a fleet footed samurai right like you. Jumping is a big part of it. With the grappling hook in Only Musha way of the sword you feel much heavier, So maybe you are kind of going for more of like a samurai feel, and there is you still have a soul suck button, so after you feed an enemy, they'll pop out some souls, and those souls will either fill up like your special meter or your your health and I forget what the blue souls are supposed to do. It feels really good despite only having two attack buns and like a third bonus attack bun, so you have a light attack and then you have a two handed attack and it feels pretty good. There is also a parry, of course, because you can't exist post twenty eighteen and not have a pery bun.
Speaker 3: Doc Kung Bonanza has a perry, So yeah, that was news to me yesterday.
Speaker 1: But it feels good with the hairy it's cool because if you were just holding the block because you could just block instead if you don't want to worry about pairing, if you are holding L one to block and then you press X at the right time of impact, you like deflect the attack instead, so you kind of like push the other person away. It was a very short demo and it feels like it's going to be fairly linear based off of the small section I played.
Speaker 2: But the fight.
Speaker 1: The neat thing is once you got the boss's health meter down or not health meters, sorry, they're kind of like their posture the other stagger meter up. You could you entered like uh like not a bullet time, but you could choose which section you wanted to apply the most damage to, so like kind of like you know in Samurai films where you would do like a vertical slice or horizontal slice through someone. You can choose like, oh do I want to slice the boss's head? Do I want to slash at their waist or maybe their sword?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually it's a lot like revengeance now that I'm thinking about it, or eternal darkness or eternal darkness, and I could see that playing a factor in like future boss fights or maybe bigger enemy encounters. I it it feels okay. I I don't know if it's maybe the Ari engine is showing its age a bit, but like I kind of would like for it to be moving a little bit faster. But maybe that's just because I have Sekiro in my brain when I'm seeing like a behind the back Samurai game.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I mean because in Sekaro, like he's kind of he's a little bit of a samurai, but he's not like fully in Samurai, I supposed to be kind of big, slow and lumbering in terms of like they're not like fast little ninja guys, right, So yeah, I wonder if they're trying to lean into that make it feel big and heavy when you're moving.
Speaker 5: I mean, I as far as that feel, I always preferred like the Ninja Guiden feel to the Seki Roath thing, which is to say, like more of a traditional third person actionally right, versus the Frum style, which I like the Frum style.
Speaker 3: And everything versus Perry Slots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ninja Guiden Devil May Cry is more my speed, which is seeing the seeing the footage of only Musha is making me think it's for me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely lives between these games. It's kind of it's not doing any one of these games exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just a matter of yeah, like you know, the Secro should no be uh Musha Samurai, and that's kind of the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does not feel like it is going to be like a punishing game like the Soul's games could be. It feels like it is like riding that line well enough. Also, there is a couple of puzzles as well from an environmental stuff you can interact with, like in my demo, I like came across like a push cart and there's like a bun prompt and then I wound up like running over like four zombies with it, which was was pretty fun. The weird thing though, And I understand that we're doing English voice actors or feudal Japan, but I'm not sure why the main Japanese dude had a British accent. And for a second I thought it was Ben Starr.
Speaker 3: Oh, it could be they That's just a default, right if you're trying to have a a foreign language but still have them sound or speak in English, so it's always just a British accent. For some reason, that's what they did. I'm watching Chernobyl again because I need to feel something and that's what they do there for Russian, Like everyone's just has a British accent, Like.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah yeah uh anyway, uh moving on. I also got the chance to play Pragmata Grub you.
Speaker 4: Checked me that mega man, No Jesus Christ, Oh Mike, it's not grub.
Speaker 1: You got the chance to play this at Summer Game Fest, right, I did, Yes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I loved what I played. Kind of came back was like everyone's you know, it was like, I just want to hear about Resident Evil. I'm like, guys, but this Pragmata game, and Mike was just mega Man, Mega man, and I started to walk away from him, couldn't talk to even him about it. I'm glad you seem to like it as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, out of the three games I got to check out and spoilers, folks, I also got to check out Resident Evil Requiem, but Pragmata was my like little game of the three demos I played. Yeah, I was all about this. I was initially a little bummed out because I thought it would kind of be like a Vanquish, like because your dude has like knee jets like uh and everything, and you kind of get a little dash but you are a lot heavier and you have like a little AI computer robot girl riding on your back, and initially like, the shots don't your your gun doesn't do much. But that's where I forget her name. But the little robot girl in your back, yeah, she's just rolling with you. Okay, we'll call her role for the purposes of this podcast. Role can hack into your enemies and then you get like a little second game where you have to guide like a little pip to through two or three different markers and then eventually wind up at like a green marker. So you're kind of doing a little maze as you are shooting up these bad dudes, and it kind of reminds me of the world ends with you. Do you guys remember that the Yeah by the by creators of Kingdom Hearts, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, where.
Speaker 1: You kind of have to balance playing two different games at the same time to to get more damage off and and they cenize with each other. And I really liked how they managed to do it with this. Your guns have infinite AMMO, or at least your main one does, and you're picking up different guns that just map to different face buntons. It's pretty neat, I don't I kind of like this style of sci fi where it's like big honk and mechs mech suits, the whole little Girl in my Back thing. I'm not sure what to make of it. I kind of do wish Mike that it was a Mega Man game proper.
Speaker 2: You're west miic of true? Is it a bank like?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Because you're not moving as fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's definitely just a third person shooter like That's the thing about the game is it's a third person shooter. You kind of walk around, you are a bit lumbering because you are this guy in a big suit. I think it's on the Moon. I think it takes place on the moon, so you have like moon gravity, but you're still big and lumbering because you're so heavy. Yeah, and then what really makes it interesting is what Chance said is like they just add a little bit of shine to that combat where yeah, you got to shoot this guy, but you have to do this hacking minigame alongside that at the same time while you're still moving around trying to avoid getting hit, And it adds just enough to like to that very familiar act of pointing and shooting at something. Then I found it very refreshing. And then it like really helps The game looks very nice, and I think the characters are pretty cool so far. So yeah, it really worked for me. Jane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you're dealing with the maze, you can get different pickups that if you go across certain icons as you're finishing up your maze, they will do more damage to an enemy, or they'll do like maybe stasis or start like poisoning the enemy. It's really really neat and it looks really slick. I think it's actually to me at least, it felt like a better use of the Ari engine versus ODI Musha did. And last, but not least, the other game that I got the chance to play was Resident Evil Requiem.
Speaker 3: How big is that? How big is that big scary lady that chases you?
Speaker 2: She was real big?
Speaker 6: There's another big lady?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the same time. It's not a sexy lady, but more like a big baby looking that like the actual big baby have before. I don't know, some kind of monster in a Metallica sense. Yes, it's it's.
Speaker 5: Funny expect that from Yeah, I've never heard say Metallica, much less reference to the documentary.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who is a giant Metaga.
Speaker 1: You're going to say you had a friend that is a giant lady?
Speaker 4: Slid that under the door there like that?
Speaker 2: Mikey, Yeah for you?
Speaker 1: And hey, Gang, I'm not the best uh at video games on our team. You know, I can handle my own the Holy smokes, I was dog.
Speaker 3: But were you? Were you too scared? Is that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Did it or what?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I think like I'm used to kind of cheesing my way through some games and kind of like using eye frames and just like dodging through.
Speaker 3: And oh, you didn't have the knife parry.
Speaker 1: I did not have a knife parry. I merely had a bottle that I could throw, and I video game logic wasn't piecing it together that oh bottle kind of like hit Man, distract this lady, bottle at its face.
Speaker 3: Yes, if a bear was attacking the right move, Yeah, that's what I would do.
Speaker 1: If someone was chasing me and I had two empty bottles, I would throw the bottle.
Speaker 2: At their face.
Speaker 3: They might get discouraged.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See.
Speaker 1: And what didn't help me is that one of the mechanics, it seems like, is the big lady cannot chase you into a room full of light. Now, however, I timed this poorly because I nailed the big lady in the face with a fucking bottle straight in her noggin, and then she like recoiled and then went away. So I thought, oh, the bottles will make her go away off the room full of light.
Speaker 2: That's positive.
Speaker 3: Okay, So did you get a sense when you were playing this game of like the scale the scope, like did did do you have any suggestion of you're gonna move beyond the rooms that we've seen, Like, what senses did you get from? Like how big this game's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent sure, especially after a little snippet we saw last week during Opening Night Live, because this felt like a very contained space that you're gonna move away from very quickly, just like how it felt like in that little snippet we saw where because that seems like a flashback of whatever's happening to the main.
Speaker 2: Care that mertle thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but something I did, like as I eventually switched it to third person, just because I prefer Resident Evil's third person, sure, and as I was running away from the big Lady, I kind of like realize, oh crap, I should grab an herb Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: There's an herb.
Speaker 1: So I kind of like whipped around and the main character had enough momentum that I fell.
Speaker 2: On the fucking floor.
Speaker 1: Oh So, I love small touches like that. I wonder if that would also carry over to the first person or that would be too jarring of an experience. Yeah, I wonder, But I like little details like that, So I think if I just immersed myself into whatever Roquim's got going on and kind of detached myself from my normal expectations of dealing with encounters.
Speaker 2: I'd really dig it.
Speaker 1: And then that small snippet it had all the plastic resident evil trappings of like, huh, there's this lock with an angel on it, I wonder what this needs.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, there's a key with an angel on it. I wonder what that opens.
Speaker 1: And then so you're going back and forth and then piecing it together quickly, except now you have this giant lady that is like a Nemesis like figure that you can't do much too, where otherwise don't throw a bottle at her, it doesn't do shit.
Speaker 2: Yet. Were you a little bit like, you know, being chased around this area by a giant master thing? Was it a little like, oh, we're doing this again?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But I feel like with how the character was in this moment, in this part of the demo, you're kind of depowered in such a way where like, oh, you can't do anything, so uh. It isn't the normal resident evil trappings of like all right, shoot, shoot, shoot, all right, you're satisfied I've dumped enough bulletin to you, I can move on. I don't know, it is one hundred percent nailing the spooky vibes though, And for John mclaar's sake, I need that.
Speaker 5: I'm saying the Big Lady now, and I see what you're saying about the Big Lady. Yes, this is horrifying, but yeah, they've they've done that, I mean mister X in the remake, obviously the baby sequence and Village Lady Show. So it's like that is that has become kind of a thing in recent residuals.
Speaker 6: But like it does work. All those worked, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And I do get that, Like I get the sense that this moment that we're seeing a lot of from this game is one second, and that there will be, Like my guess is there's an alternative not competing, but like competing in terms of tone section where it'll be more action focused, because like tell me if I'm wrong, Jam, there's not a lot of ways for you to fight back in that demo, right.
Speaker 2: Zero no ways to fight back.
Speaker 3: You're just trying to survive, just trying to run away.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, like it like an Amnesia game.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, totally yes, but right, you don't have like you're not gonna be firing a gun as this character. But I bet they're not gonna make a whole game where you're that underpowered. They probably are gonna be like, no, we're gonna bounce back and forth. So, uh, I think they'll try to offer up a lot of variety there. So in this moment where youre getting chased by the big thing, do that here and then maybe offer up something fresh on the other side of that game. But that's a guess. I really don't know.
Speaker 1: I kept failing this demo and it got to the point where the kind capcom person behind me was like, you need any help, you need any tips.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, no, I got it.
Speaker 3: I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: I got I'm fine, don't don't reply.
Speaker 5: I think I would take that demo experience over like every Nintendo E three experience I ever had, or someone they hired like that day. But wow, that's the best I've ever seen anyone do that. Everyone jumps on that.
Speaker 6: That good.
Speaker 2: Wait they saw you that too. Yeah. Sorry.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they'll just be like you like Mario like something like that.
Speaker 3: I definitely like asked them a question about the game my first time. They are not knowing that, and I very quickly I'm like, yo, you guys, I'll just work for triple point.
Speaker 5: And then they do that whole legs about the game outside that just shut down they do.
Speaker 4: They do a bit of a moon walk where they're just like, let me yeah, and then that's the end of the conversation. Yeah, but you are really good at the game.
Speaker 6: Though no one's ever been better than you.
Speaker 1: H That being said, I finally got past the point I was having a lot of trouble with and normally Gang, I have a good sense of direction games. I ran the wrong fucking way and then like I just saw the poor CAPCOMs person like had just think of like, oh no, he's gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Have to do this again?
Speaker 1: Ship, Okay, games, you're only smart bat at games.
Speaker 3: Huh. Anyway, I eventually got past a game.
Speaker 7: The game looks fucking ship though, like humped, like big Lady, very scary, a lot of puss, a lot of scars, people look real dead in this game.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: But but also this is this is like something against the horror trope in general.
Speaker 2: Gang.
Speaker 1: If you open up a closet door or a door and then a what appears to be a dead body falls out, Are you just gonna surmise that it's dead already and not check on it and just move on it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean if it looks super dead like it usually does.
Speaker 2: I know what you're talking about because the theater presentation I did at Fess, it's like, yeah, it's the most dead thing ever. And she like takes its falls or something like he's dead, is out of it, suck it. It's like plus is shooting out of it.
Speaker 3: He's got two exes her eyes.
Speaker 4: It's been it's been done enough times over that trope of like, oh that body on the floor that's not moving, it's gonna crawl and wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you wouldn't get that information from taking the pulse, right, You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that happens to me, I'm grabbing the nearest stick like thing and just poking at it. Okay, that's what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna right right out of the building as well. Yes, I'd scream like a baby.
Speaker 1: Moving on to another game that is full of horrors, and the horrors are garbage, Dan, you've been playing Cheby Robo. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 5: I'm two or three hours into it now, played a little more last night, and it's been like as far as first party Nintendo, it's like way way up there on ones that just.
Speaker 6: I have been always meaning to play.
Speaker 5: I never did, and I specifically was waiting for it to be on nso on switch to so finally playing.
Speaker 6: It, it is really good.
Speaker 5: But I am I'm kind of wrestling with I think what my expectations were for it. I think I thought it was more of a platformer like action game type thing. Everything about the screenshots and everything i'd seen or you know, they made those three DS games and stead of like Ziplash and stuff like that. It's like I just thought it was a three D platformer and I love the you know, little guy, big world thing, and so it's not what I thought it was.
Speaker 6: It is exploring.
Speaker 5: It is just kind of poking around at things, fiddling with things, talking to a character, seeing what they want, like oh, this lady needs a sugar cube for a coffee, and then later I'll find the sugar cube. It's like, oh, I know what to do with that. So it's almost like a puzzle exploration type game. And that's not a complaint, it's just I am kind of wrestling with, like how it's different than what I thought it was. But you know the look of it, the humor, the like it's it's nailing it on that. It's just it is just very different than what I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Well, how is the like the resource management of like plugging yourself in? Like, is that something you you upgrade? Has that been satisfying? Has it been challenged to manage that stuff?
Speaker 5: It's good because like that's your upgrade as you're getting new batteries and stuff, and now I can't be out longer without having to plug in.
Speaker 6: That's great. I like being able to pick up my little plug and walk around with it.
Speaker 3: So that that sounds like a pretty decent loop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then it's like you can buy things like I don't know if there's a downside to doing this, but you can buy like a fifteen minute timer, which I believe just makes the day last longer before you have to like turn in for the night, so you can kind of have a more leisurely paced I don't know if there's a trade off for that or a reason you wouldn't just want the most the longest timer because like it's cheap to get that, so Yeah, it's like it's got a little bit of that Pickman kind of like, oh, I've got this much time for this day to get past done. But it's not as like, I don't want to say stressful for Pickman, but like it doesn't feel like the days matter as much. There's not like, oh, we all got to get back to the ship where we're going to die type thing. It's just like, Okay, well I'm going to go back to the TB machine or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, is that the generation where internal system clocks like became a thing and developers just became animal with that animal crossing a crossing Seaman Seaman? Was that se Man?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we should go back to that because animal crossing the day day night thing.
Speaker 6: I thought it was so cool.
Speaker 5: It was a night I couldn't sleep or whatever, and it's like three am and I'm walking around animal crossing and it's like, man, everyone's asleep except for all that little Porkeypine's hanging out fishing. I'll go talk to him, like, I thought that was so cool. And Seaman, everything about Seaman is perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I wonder if that was like cheepy, robust, say, another one of these things like, we can do this now, should we? And I don't think it was.
Speaker 5: I think that this was more of the shinmu Akarina type of just like we have a day night cycle.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was tied to real clock stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Would you consider dead Rising a part of that as well? Or is that that's just like yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's even a little more different because it's got such a finite. It's just like you got like thirty six hours or whatever, you know, so it's not like, oh, thirty days like.
Speaker 6: A pigment or something, you know.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I've always liked that if like games to play with that, and this one definitely does.
Speaker 2: But I like it a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely gonna keep playing and beat it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it's like a ten or twelve hour game, so yeah, let me keep moving with it now that yeah, do we know?
Speaker 3: This is the consensus is this is still the best one of the Chibi Robo series.
Speaker 5: I think definitely right, because it was just that three that Ziplash game, and then was there.
Speaker 2: Then there's one on the DS that people are like, and then all the other ones they don't like. So Okay, yeah, I think people definitely still like this one.
Speaker 5: The most situation there was Patrol on DS and Ziplash, which I don't even feelers considered like big real games or anything as far as I have heard, Like this is the GiB Robo game.
Speaker 3: They're like that two D Pickman game on the Pickman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but no, it's really good. I mean the I love the character. He's just I would love to see more of these, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh you think tib Robos related to rob.
Speaker 5: He's in the bloodline, buddy, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Moving on to games that are completely different than what I thought they'd be. Jeff Grubb, based off the title Space Adventure Cobra The Awakening is not what I thought it'd be at all. Would you think it would be well based off of like the dude, I thought it would be like a FMV space adventure game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good guess Yeah I thought that too. Actually, I totally get what you mean now. The reason we think that is a lot of the promotional material for this game, Space Adventure Cobra is FMV like movie sequences on Blue Game Ish. Yeah, yes, right, but it's like those are the cut scenes like a what's that Blue Legend of Blue, the old RPG thing that was on sagacy Mic that ring Lar Lunar, Yeah, sure, Lunar. Yeah. Lunar was like, okay, here's the game, and now you're going to go to the cut scene and the cut scene is an anime movie for a couple of minutes. They do that here. I think it's taking clips from this actual series and just like and then they're adapting the game to make those make sense. And those cut scenes are by far the best part of this game. It is a run and gun shooter that has a lot of like interesting, cool looking stuff. It just kind of feels super cheap. As soon as you're moving the character, you're like, oh, this was made on a budget. It reminds me a little bit of that Yars Rising game that I talked about last year, which was a pretty good version of one of these cheaper games of like, we're gonna at least make sure that the controls feel okay. It's not going to feel spectacular. This is not Metroid Dread, but it's going to feel okay to move around and satisfactory for a Metroid Venus style of game. Here, it's like I immediately fell through the world, like in the first obstacle I found and got stuck when I am trying to like move my character and aim, the character like is kind of moving back and forth because I'm just trying to aim the stick like up, and it just will not accept that I'm just trying to aim straight up and that that feels really bad. But then you do the cool arm cannon thing, and this guy has an arm cannon and you can guide the shot around and like hit all the enemies, and if you hit four or more enemies in this moment where it freezes the game and you tag them all, he does a cool little cut scene there where he like shoots everything and the guy comes on the screen and has a cool face, and that's it's a neat style. It just the game is not very very good. It's just not very fun to play, and it's a shame because I just think everything else about it looks awesome. These FMB sequences do rule like it really is a cool style, a good feeling. I just kind of wish more games would go this direction of having actual animated cut scenes that look like a cartoon or an anime as opposed to everything being in game, which I understand is more affordable, or even if like they are doing like the Dragon Ball Fighters Z style where it's like, oh, this looks like the cartoon, It's like yeah, but in the cut scenes they could do even more and I miss that. So having again like this is neat. I just it just doesn't hold up to any real scrutiny in its gameplay.
Speaker 1: Moving on to another two D game that seems to be all about it and then so Shanobi Are to Vengeance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh so I started this this morning and I immediately thought to myself, holy shit.
Speaker 2: This rules.
Speaker 3: Yes, one of the best feeling games of the year.
Speaker 1: Now I need to draw the comparison to our game of the Year last year, Prince Persia. Where does the line up in terms of feeling good?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm like, out of the gate, it like already feels a little bit better than that, even in terms of moving the character around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's much more action forward to right. I mean, it's definitely an action game.
Speaker 3: Yes, so uh A lot of that comes from the blending of animations of moving from one thing right into another, and they really nail that. There's a thing you could do where you attack an enemy and you immediately go into a role and so that attack becomes a sort of rolling, jumping forward attack, so you can kind of really keep the pressure on the enemy, like you're about to kill this guy, so do that role attack and get to the guy behind him and just keep your combo going. And it feels like a real fighting game combo in that moment, but also super easy to pull off. So it's just doubly satisfying. And then it just it looks fantastic. Every character portrait looks incredible. I'm really impressed with what I played so far, which is about the first hour or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything looks like hand drawn right, like all the backgrounds and stuff. And they do a really interesting thing where they when you're beating up enemies that you enter this sort of like finishing mode where you can take out like a little icon go signals above their head, and you can take out like multiple enemies with this finishing maneuver that will reward you with a bunch of you know, coins or health improvements and whatnot. But it's like it seems it also seems a little easy right now at the start, But I mean, I was super into it. I think something was going on where it was like kind of chugging a little bit and we're.
Speaker 3: Playing.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so I think I maybe it might have been like a windowed versus full screen thing issue or something like that.
Speaker 2: I started up on my Rock Gully X last night. What you guys should be proud of me for? I know, I was whining about and I was like, wait a second, that's stupid great here. Yeah, it worked really well on the Rock Gully X. Gosh, it's such a pretty game. I liked those old Shnoby games a lot, and I'm actually kind of impressed by how much they're doing their own thing in a lot of ways here. Those old Shannoby games are almost kind of running guns. It's mostly about throwing the CANi, right, It's mostly about those range attacks. You still have those here, and they work them.
Speaker 3: The pick up though, Yeah, it's like a it's a resource.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's like they're very good at kind of doing the stager stuff more than doing damage almost. Yeah, it's very much more about that melee combat and how satisfying that feels, and just unlocking all these new combos and things like that. But you know, even even just it's so good. Look in that second level, you're riding on your woof and there's this incredible sense of speed and just action.
Speaker 3: It's brimming with energy and like just the movement system is so good doing that role move. If you roll into like a box like a hip hie cover or whatever, it just immediately rolls into it and does like a handspring a kip up up over the box in such an awesome looking way. That's where like all of the animations blend into another, so perfectly cool, and it looks animated, it looks like it was hand drawn, like down to the every frame of you move around like it's not like, oh, this is an interactive thing. It's it's that fluid. And then yeah, I've found the sort of that kinetic energy to be brimming everywhere. Just every part of the game feels like, Okay, I cannot wait to go get into this fight that looks really good. And yeah, it holds up really well.
Speaker 1: Other than you know, the focus kind of being more melee combat versus who and I does this feel similar to old Shenobi games are completely different.
Speaker 2: There's there's some stuff recognizable. Yeah, yeah, it's definitely still recognizable. I mean you are Joe, which is important. I like being a ninja named Joe. It's good and like just like certain moves, like you kind of have that die kick ability from Shanoby three that I like a lot, and I'm throwing that in there here. Yeah, it feels so freaking good, just just just pulling that thing out. And you know, some of the stuff you're doing with the wall calmbing whatnot, you had that before. But yeah, so it's like there's enough of that. It's not like, well, they completely reinvented it, but it is definitely not Beholden. It's not trying to be a Mega Man nine of Shanoby. It's it's definitely moving the series.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's super modernized, like that is the first and foremost most it is modernized. And then it kind of tax on Shnoby stuff where it makes sense and will make it feel like Shenoby. But it was the right call for this series. If I want to p old Schnoby, I'll go back to old Shanoby. Let's make this new initiative of Sega bringing back these games feel like, hey, these games should be coming out today, like they can live up to that expectation.
Speaker 5: That sounds kind of like how I felt about Rage Bound, where it's like it doesn't feel like it was a nostalgia thing as much as it was like if a new Ninja Guiden was made today.
Speaker 6: I agree, you played both rage Bound and Shanoby.
Speaker 3: I'd beat rage Bound, and playing this, I mean, it's it's gonna be tough for me to choose. They're both awesome. I really love rage Bound. I think just that that that PEMPSI challenge of you take that first sip and how good does something feel. Shanoby definitely wins there. Let's see if like it lives up to the long term gameplay. I bet it will. But I really like Ninja Guid in structure and those boss fights were so good. We'll see how this. Like, if I get like three or four boss fights in and I'm having that same feeling, maybe the edge will go to Shanoby. But it's awesome that we get both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's the you know, they're obviously similar in a lot of ways, but like not as much as you would even think. I think they're both beautiful look twot games. But Ninja Guidan's going for a pixel art. Look, and it's incredible pix art. This is doing hand drawn gosh. I just it's something we had to of these amazing Ninja games come back. I think next we should just get like Ninja guid In Cross Shanobi Cross Strider. Let's get everybody playing with each other or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and throwing raygar for the fun of it.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't know what Isladiator cross. Yeah. Vector, you guys a vector man, I'm gonna sega stand. I don't get it. I don't get this vector man.
Speaker 3: You don't get it.
Speaker 2: You're not with the ve Yeah, just don't get it. It's okay, Mikey, It's okay. But you know what you do get.
Speaker 1: You do get my potential love and fascination for raccoons pushing coins and push Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's checking this out on a mega man Monday evening gaming at Mike's at night yesterday. This is an early play test thing, so it's not a we're close to the full game, but I was definitely having a good time. It's very much a Bilotro like in many ways, like it's a roguelike, very much in the style of like, what's a kind of more normal game that's not even really a video game that we can just add rogue like elements to even art style wise and music wise, it's evoking a lot of that, and just the kind of way you're getting upgrades where you know, some of them are permanent and some of them are these single use items stuff like that. But yeah, you know, it's just one of those coin pushers and you're shooting out coins and you're getting special coins like the rabbits where if you get two rapid coins, yeah, they'll bang and make more rapid coins, and that's okay. But you could maybe figure out situations where what if I can get a bunch of rabbit coins and they just keep on baiting and breeding. There's more breeding in this game than in that Horse Girl game.
Speaker 1: Somehow, Mike Manatti, do not associate filth with the Horse Girl game.
Speaker 2: That is pure. I'm saying it wasn't this. I'm saying there's more breeding here. It's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 6: Just stop saying breeding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel better about that too, all right.
Speaker 2: God fuddy. Like one point, I got a really good combo going where there was these like plant coins. If you get water coins on them, they grow into coin trees. I was just getting a situation where I was just making a ton of each and it was just an explosion of these giant coin trees and my literally the board was overflowing and so on many coins were dropping in. It felt so.
Speaker 3: Good, man, that description just like made my skin crawl with the need to play this game. And that's bad. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now with the play test, it's like each game only has ten rounds, and they even say there will be more rounds in the full game. I kind of wish. I know it's a play test, but I want more rounds here because right now it's it was pretty easy.
Speaker 3: Even when I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have something going, I felt like I could quote unquote beat it or get to ten rounds. I wasn't getting a good sense of is this how hard the game is? Am I just getting really lucky? Am I playing better than I think I am? Or is the final game like, oh, there's gonna be two more rounds and that Those are the really challenging ones where you got to really make sure you have a synergy because off like Bolocho, where first you're actually playing a coin pusher, it's like a blotro. First you're actually thinking about playing poker. Then you realize you can't have to turn it into some other game by the end if you really want to make it to the finish line.
Speaker 1: I know that Local Funk is the dev of Blotro, right, Yeah, I know that they've expressed that they never want this to Blotro to reach casinos. But I will say, based off of Playstax record right now, I would go to a place that casino.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think rack coin should end up not like real casinos, but no, no, like the dirtyle like like pizza parlors that have like coin pushers and like real money gambling in the back room. It should be there. That's where, and that's not a pejorative. That's a good thing.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about slop machines lately, and also in the same way, Jane, I think you might.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, definitely hope no flight gets diverted to Las Vegas again. Because speaking about furry creatures, Jeff Grubb, you were hurting a bunch of furry creatures named after all of us last week with hurdling. Yeah, first question, Grub, first question, please, Yeah, is this a hurdy gurdy?
Speaker 3: Like I think it's a hurdy gurdy, like, yeah, a little bit, it's about hurting big animals and it's very vibes based, like that's the it's like, hey, we're gonna set a tone and it's going to have that cozy feeling of just like moving through pastoral settings. And it works on that front, like it is very nice, and then I think it has pretty decent pacing. Its something we kept noticing where it's like, Okay, you're going to be in this space for ten to fifteen minutes, move these big lumbering beast through these tough spaces and I'll explain how you do that here in a second. And then you know it's going to get a little bit more challenging or there will be something that kind of increases the drama or the intensity, like a big out looking bird who will attack you if you knock over too many of these sort of like straw man standing in this field. And it's like, once once get past that, we're going to give you a chance to just run down this mountain with all of your beasts and it's going to be beautiful and now you're gonna be able to see the beautiful snow caps of this mountain. It's just going to be the coolest looking thing ever. And it's like, it's really good about that of being in one position and then switching it up and giving you something fresh ten to fifteen minutes later. I also do like the way you control this game, where you are you're just this child and you have I think I'm up to like ten of these calicorns. I think they're called which I did name after all of you guys are all very very good. For the most part, you control them by like you would hurting animals. You just kind of stand behind them and you sort of got an angle in the direction that you want them to face. So if like you're behind them, you want to get back to the left to get them to move forward into the right. And if you're in a big open space, you can hold down the right trigger button and then slap it again. And as long as all of your characters have eaten recently, they can sprint in and go down the field and go very fast, and part of the game is finding these places where they can feed or whatever. All that just feels really nice and I think it's really working, especially knowing that the game is about four hours long. So I played it for an hour and a half everyone set up. It was about in according to the achievements. I was about halfway done with the game, Like, yeah, this is a single or double sitting game, and I think it's the perfect sort of setup for that. So I don't think it's going to outstay. It's welcome, and yeah, I really enjoyed what I played with it.
Speaker 1: I was a lovely expedition that you went on with Sean and all the other furry creatures, just like the expedition you've been going on Jeff Grive with Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 3: I'm on my way to the Patress right now. Yeah, it's the kind of think I'm nearing you, dude. Yeah, I definitely got it. You know, it's running well enough on the steam Deck now that I can really fit into the time with that game. So yeah, there something or do you just change settings updated? I didn't change any settings really. Maybe I lowered the resolution or something like that, but whatever, it's working well enough. It doesn't look great on the steam Deck, but it plays fine and looks good enough that I'm okay with it. Yeah, I'm at a point now where it's like I did not realize how silly this game is and not just like, oh the silly French stuff, Like no, I knew the mimes were in there, and I knew like there was a lot of like French aspects of that. There is just like jokes that feel very similar to like JRPGs in general, of these characters just kind of goofing off with one another or or like when they have their have the conversations and you're doing the relationship connections. Yeah, those conversations are so silly, and it's just like, oh, they are not just doing French humor. They're also just doing humor that is consistent with this genre of role playing of people like friends sitting around a table and joking around despite the fact that there's this world threatening, a threat that is that is always surrounding them. And I just found oh, yeah, this does feel like it is of a kind with this entire space and I don't know, it feels like kind of homie and familiar.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's kind of thing. You know. We talk a lot about how this is maybe more accessible to people who don't love JRPG's, and it's you know, maybe a bit more return than that, but it's derothly not as shamed of no, yeah, of that genre and is evoking it constantly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, it's it feels very proud.
Speaker 1: Of what it is, uh like in my time through Expedition thirty three and I enjoyed all of it, easily Top three for this year for sure.
Speaker 2: It made me.
Speaker 1: Curious to try and go back to Balder's Gate three because that's a different type of RPG completely. But Mike, you you beat Baldersk three, right, Yeah, But the level of relationships not is more in depth in Balder's Gate three than it is in Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming, yes, But like.
Speaker 1: In comparison, is it is it just like heavier on the relationship side, like because I kind of don't want to invest too much in virtual people.
Speaker 2: But I think you could decide right like that why that stuff happens at camp and you kind of have to go up and talk to them. You don't have to engage with much of that if you want to. Now there's kind of side quest and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't even add these people to your party in the first place if you don't want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean there is a way to play that game without any those people. Right, I'm a lone wolf wave going about it.
Speaker 3: We're talking about balders Gate, Okay, okay, but I am. I totally get it, get what people see in this game, and I think that it is walking that line of yes being for people who might be scared off from JRPGs and yet still doing almost all of the j RPG stuff and in some cases doing that stuff better than any game's done it before. I just continue to be so excited to get into the next combat situation so I can continue learning these characters and discovering new synergies. Yeah, it's it's delivered in every way.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, fantastic. Another game that it seemed like all of us enjoyed that we streamed on the website last week was abyss Us. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we all enjoyed it in a way that like I could use more games where it's just like, yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna be like, I don't think it's gonna be on my top ten list of the year or whatever. I don't think it's terrible. I just think it was a fun time. I was just running around. Everything felt good.
Speaker 6: And playing it. It's a four player I think max co.
Speaker 5: Op, Rogue light, some like Haites type elements, and yeah, it's you know, finding a treasure chest in an area, picking between a couple of different upgrades, or like okay, i'm gonna get wind power, I'm going to get ice power, and things like that. And I think most importantly, just immediately playing it felt fun. I think gives you the double jump right away, and is there if you have a shot and you can almost do like a triple jump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's a dash as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and also you know when you have such a good teammate like you Dan.
Speaker 6: I'm here for the team. I'm just here for the team.
Speaker 2: I was. I was really enjoying it. I think I want to play some more. Maybe I'll get my brothers into it. I also really liked there was kind of hints at and it was getting more complicated as we went on. Almost that reminded me of Rating and Destiny, right, like some kind of more mechanics like that with these bosses. And I was like, okay, I'm got Everything's not just a bullet sponge. There's stand on panels. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's one of those games where we'd like to play them on stream and then but this does feel like one we might go back to a couple of times, and I think what it is, it doesn't get in its own way.
Speaker 2: They're all easy to get into.
Speaker 3: The multiplayer all just worked. We were in there. It felt like we were all making progress on our own characters that will continue. I don't think I got any sense that that stuff wasn't going to carry over. So yeah, just all everything they were doing was like, Yes, this feels like a game that is happy to have you play it and it's going to facilitate that.
Speaker 5: I think that right away it all felt good with just the basics, like here's just the one gun you can pick, here's your double jump and stuff. And so the fact that it starts with that foundation that's really good already. And then you kind of take a glimpse at like the skill tree and it looks pretty you know.
Speaker 3: Seven the seven guns that we have an unlocked year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's like, I think it does a really good job of like starting good, but then you know, it gives you that taste and then it's like, oh, but you can get all this stuff it makes me want to keep playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also just like you know, yeah, the game started really quickly, but we were just in an interesting world. But it didn't fill the knee of starting with like, you know, an opening cutscene or an opening slide show, like here's the world you want. It used to be a good place and now it's a bad place, right, Like, No, I'll learn about this world a little bit as I play it, and it's mostly just important that it looks cool and it's neat.
Speaker 1: If you were to describe to someone like what the vibe of the world is or look of the world, how would you phrase it for them?
Speaker 3: It's it's like very diet BioShock, right, like, yeah, sprinkled in yeah, with.
Speaker 6: Some demon metal rock stuff going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah. You know, it's like sweat, right, wet, maternal, It.
Speaker 1: Could be wetter, it could bend, always be wetter, it could always be wetter.
Speaker 6: Guys are sick sort of the seat. That's a pretty wet game if you're playing right, it's wet as hell.
Speaker 1: God, the little the balances you can do later in that game. So fucking fun, very pleasant game. Another very pleasant game.
Speaker 2: Gang.
Speaker 1: This is the big game of this week, a couple of us have been playing it. Holy smokes. There's a quick look on the website now go check that out, but you should also listen to us talk about it now.
Speaker 2: Metal Gear Solid Delta.
Speaker 5: I beat this game. I did that event in New York, played through most in one sitting. I have talked a lot about Metal Your Solid on this website. I am curious to hear about the others playing it. Yeah, first time or it's both repeat times, right, repeat times.
Speaker 2: It's like my third or fourth time through the game now, and like in some ways that's almost as wa. It's like, okay, like I am pretty familiar with this game, so it's like, oh yeah, it does in always feel like I am just playing this game again. Now. The good news is that you know that game is Metal Gear Solid three. It is one of my favorite games, and it still does just feel so well and it's it's so interesting because there are quality of life things like it is wild up before you know. It's just it's a different time. We weren't ready readying their gun with L and shooting with R. There was actually many more steps yeah involved with that sort of thing. You're just having the confirm button, Bona having things like the Crouch walk from later games stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Not just the Crouch walk, there's also the dedicated like sneaky button with L where it's like, you know, the sneak walk for creeping up for you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but you know, aside from like some of that quality life stuff and like some of the UI improvements, like the fast selection for the radio, that's nice. It's just that game and it's impressive, being like, man, this PS two game was doing a lot with this intricate, intricate CAMO system in this stat C QC combat and all these weird little interactions you can almost sort of just stumble upon in this really kind of fun story. Gosh, it's still just such a good game. So, you know, the graphical updates are really nice. They're almost not that necessary to me. I don't mind playing this game with those PS two models just running at sixty freeks per second that we've had before, but now this is here, Yeah, I'll play it this way going forward. Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of times when I would have like my camel on and I would actively actually lose Snake for a second, even though he's like right smack dab in the middle, just because it looks so much better now. This is maybe only my second time playing through mal Gear Solid three, just because after playing through the original and the PS two, I'm like, well, I don't need to revisit that, just because it was so so freaking good. If anything, I'm with you, Mike, I this it feels great in the qualities of life changes. I am so excited for people that haven't checked out MGS three to be able to check this out because I think in my personal ranking of the mail Gear Solid games, I think it's five, then three, then two for me sure, And this just has so much zany things that I don't know why. Maybe as a kid, I didn't question how far above its weight it was punching, and I don't know, it just felt like it was in a different class all in itself that games to this day still aren't I don't even want to say brave enough to do, but like willing to do and extend and reach in terms of like story and gameplay of like let's just be batshit insane.
Speaker 5: It's weird in a way that Triple A games rarely are. And I think when you do it's something like a desk stranding, and it's like, oh, I wonder why that's Also like that, I saw some discourse popping up around this game that kind of reminds me of how people talked about the Shadow of the Clossus remake, where it's like, you know, it's like the dream like visuals and it's got kind of cleaned up and sterilized and things like that. Namely, I saw a thing that get retweeted and or reposted a bunch of the saluting scene and someone said like, look how they massacred my boy. And I will say that was the only time I kind of noticed the visual upgrades, not in a negative way, but like in a way where it's like that original shot of him saluting is so iconic, and it's like got all that kind of you know, the the rays coming through, and there's there is a bit of a dream like look to that scene, and it is very just like, you know, unreal, you know, looking just like a guy standing or saluting in this one. But I did think that that discourse was a little blown out of proportion, because that is literally the only I played through Snake Eater a million times.
Speaker 6: It's one of my top ten games of all time, maybe top five.
Speaker 5: That sound looks objectively better in every other scene, and I think the saluting scene is just the one that looks a little like, oh wow, this looks significantly different in a way that I wouldn't expect.
Speaker 3: Yeah you noticed it is what you said, And I noticed. That's kind of enough right to be like, Okay, there's something here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's how I always feel about those, because I mean, it's come up with Shot of the Clousets, that came up with the Demon Soul's remakes, and I'm always like they have a point in it. It also doesn't really bother me that.
Speaker 3: Yeah it bothers me for Shadow of the Colossus, but I not so much that it's like, well they shouldn't have done that, Like, yeah, it just I prefer the original.
Speaker 6: They really cleaned up Lyndon B. Johnson in this one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want filthy Linden.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, Dan, you you showed it off in the quick Look. It's just like this game just does so many odd fun little things of like, well, what happens if I were to spin my character around a bunch and then exit out after he just ate?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Shit, he's puking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why is singing when I call him here talking about his nightmare about poop tanks to choot poop missiles and turn everything into poop?
Speaker 6: You know, why do I have a nightmare? That's a completely different game.
Speaker 5: And the fact that they like all of that weird shit is in this, like every one of those, you know, saving during the end fight and coming back a week later, all that stuff. Like that's a lot of the personality of this game and the legacy, and like this is very faithful to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just made me feel bad because I realized I have not called signet yet at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I once you know what you're doing, you don't really need it. Yeahastasia in the first one, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, God I had a point, but I forgot it. But yeah, I don't know. Grub backlar do you grub? You haven't played through any of the Middle Gears?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: No? No? I played one in five one and I love both those games. Got this one.
Speaker 6: I really think this would be an ideal way for you to get in.
Speaker 2: After you beat clarip Scare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not go crazy here.
Speaker 3: I'm beating clarip Scare, which is why I haven't started this game yet, but I have this like primed and ready to go probably next Yeah, okay, I want at least want to start it and see how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is tangentially.
Speaker 2: A dad game. Okay, yeah, I'll be the kind of mom wow.
Speaker 4: Only there's really only about forty percent of this crew that can definitively say that, so.
Speaker 6: Like a cool dad game.
Speaker 3: The jury is.
Speaker 4: Still out and I are dog fathers. Yeah, Like I said, my point stands. I think listen, I think one. I played one, four and five. Yeah, yeah, because it's just like enough for ready, you know, like I just you know, they just for me. They kind of like outstay their welcome in a big way. But I remember wanting to play a snake Eater and now I'm going to do it. I'm gonna fit out. There's another game I started that we will have to talk about next week, but I'm definitely going to do Uh. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 6: For you, Dan, thank you, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: It is weird, but I don't think it is weird in the full Kajima Metal year, Like that's two, that's four those weird you know, like three is pretty straightforward.
Speaker 6: Compared to all the other ones.
Speaker 5: You know, it's weird in some ways, but it's not like everything freaking out.
Speaker 2: And you know me, I think I prefer it when Coach was a slightly ringed and even though there's plenty of weird suff here. Yeah, I am the person who's like, oh, one and three, those are my favorites for sure.
Speaker 5: And I think I like when he goes fully out, like I like two, I like four. I like the stranding two, you know, but I also love three and one and five.
Speaker 3: You know, is.
Speaker 4: It is one the most like normal?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: No, you think three is more normal than one part of three?
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: One one is the most normal.
Speaker 6: I okay, let's just break it down.
Speaker 5: If we just had to, like elevator pitch, you got a psychic, you got a guy with a spirit raven on his head. You gots just a sniper. That's a normal thing. Yeah, so nothing too whack. You got a clone brother, you got a cowboy that loves torturing people.
Speaker 3: One has a vampire vampire.
Speaker 4: But I think I think describing the characters is that you're doing it a disservice in terms of like the normalcy of it, because just because it has these like wild characters doesn't mean it's less, you know. I think as a package, one seems to be fairly straightforward and normal.
Speaker 5: But no, actually, but storyline wise, and one you have to like get injected with a thing and then go to Alaska a submarine and infect a bunch of people by being near them.
Speaker 6: And three it's just like, hey, go kill this lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Dan three has a b man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: B Man is a lot, has it the b mans a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then the guy went to space and went crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was an old man with a parrot.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of can't believe I've played sixty percent of these games.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Ghost In three, I can't believe you played sixty percent of them and won them.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you played four before three.
Speaker 3: Believe it?
Speaker 4: Well, I played four because it came with the with the PlayStation three that time. If you recall, I waited to buy one because but I wanted some backwards compatibility. If you remember, there was like a nerved one right like the the original three.
Speaker 3: Was like full blown.
Speaker 6: The sixty could do.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, did you say there was a ghost.
Speaker 6: There's a straight up ghost in three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like not someone who like sees ghosts, Like, no, there's just a ghost man. Yeah, the ghost man's story like there are like familial ties to other characters.
Speaker 2: Ghost is important.
Speaker 6: It's a very important ghost that makes blood Wein is famous.
Speaker 4: What are we looking at the time to full completion for four from ten to twelve?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's not I think in one in three two like this too. They're paced very well. Get through them, very pissed me off in a big way.
Speaker 5: Okay, so here's the four and two are the ones that kind of backload all the crazy Kagema stuff where it's like, oh boy, I'm watching this for two hours and I'm watching the codec for two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Three and one are the ones that are the best at just like pacing it out like gameplay cuts in games like Okay, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: They're definitely the best paces. I like five a lot, but it's story is really weird and the pace it gets kind of bad at the end of it. Yeah, right, Like one and three are just they're definitely the most complete Metal Gear games for me.
Speaker 4: Yes, four came out like a month after I moved in with Stacy. And that's a bad first impression, I think for the person you maybe potentially want to spend the rest of your life with. And uh, I remember, I think I've told this story somewhere before. But she left dura Is. She left to like go out with her friends. She was watching this cuts and she's like, She's like, oh, is this what you're into kind of thing?
Speaker 6: There's a power point about DNA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she.
Speaker 4: Left and when she came back, I was still watching the same cuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she was just like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Pack up your ship and get out of here.
Speaker 1: NERD.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It's the only one Bianca played she played for without having played the other ones, which is wild why and she liked it?
Speaker 6: She was into it.
Speaker 1: Mike, I have to ask you, because I know how Dan approaches metal gear, uh, based off of the history of this website, how do you approach the encounters? Are you a stealth man at all?
Speaker 2: I'm very stealthy. In fact, I like to play through it and I'm playing through three non lethal I'm making sure I don't kill anybody.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I knock a person out and then the wind throws them off. A bridge and then I assume they die, but I check. I checked the stats and it says I didn't kill them, So you didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was where be found liable in a court of law. Probably actually, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably fantastic, fantastic. I think I ride the line between both of you where I'll try stealth, and stealth will quickly fall apart, and then I'll just go in guns blazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'll I'll do a lot of reloading, right because I do want to get through it like fully stealthy, so if I get caught, you know, it does auto saves basically every time you go through a loading screen, which is where an encounter starts, and the game's well designed around that. It feels good.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic. You did not kill that man, Mike Minotti, gravity did.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely like the boss is right because you can trank them instead of killed. Still blow up. But that wasn't me. That was the bomb inside and the what's fine, It was the bees. I swear it was the bees. Alright, firearms? Are you against them? All right?
Speaker 3: Nice? I got that long job, Tommy boy.
Speaker 2: Let's go Metallica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, folks, we're gonna take a quick pricky break and we will be back with the news right after this word from our sponsors.
Speaker 3: Jam my computer sick. I've decided it's time to start building a new one. I just don't know where to start, grub.
Speaker 1: If your computer is SICKI pooh, you gotta start with MSI, which just drops something big in its brand new Z eight ninety and B eight sixty Intel motherboards.
Speaker 3: Are those the motherboards that unlock the power of the Intel Core Ultra series two CPUs.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, These MOBOs, as we're calling them on the streets, are powerhouses for gaming, streaming, and whatever intense tasks you need to throw at them.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, but Jane, you know me, I'm scared of tools that's screwdrivers so sharp.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Bud.
Speaker 1: MSI made them jeffproof meb danproof as well, which means they're easy to work with. No more wrestling with tiny little screws or confusing manuals. We're talking easy dbug LEDs that tell you exactly what's going on toolless installs for your M two drives and jipoos or GPUs.
Speaker 2: We're calling them Jippoo's two now okay.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, oh okay yeah. MSI has that modern bios as well, that looks like it was actually made for humans to use, not some relic from two thousand and three. Give me more of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. It's gonna be so easy to get secure boots on the ground. It's like PC building on easymode grub. And here's the best part. Giant BombCast listeners, MSI is giving you ten percent off these new regularly priced Z eight ninety and B eight sixty boards. Just head over to usdashstore dot MSI dot com and use promo code BombCast at checkout boom instant savings.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna stack discount. They allow you to do that with MSI's got ongoing promotions. That's potentially gonna score me up to one hundred and twenty dollars in Steam codes. It's basically free games just for upgrading. Everyone listening should do the same. So if you're ready to upgrade your setup, do not wait. Visit US dashstore dot MSI dot com and use the code BombCast bom c a st all in lowercase and give your PC the upgrade it deserves. MSI making PC building less of a headache and a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: Mobo. This is Jeff Grub with a new news News News News.
Speaker 1: Jeffnewsgrub.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm Jeff news Grub. Let's let's talk about it. Games come happen. Games Com Opening Night Live happened right as soon as we finished our episode last week, so it's like a full week ago. I don't want to go through all this stuff, but I guess we can like encapsulate all of games Com anything. You guys come away from that show and from the following days and hearing about stuff playing, hearing about people playing stuff that stuck out to you. I think the couple of games from the Opening Live that like really hit me were road Kings, which is that saber interactive g yes, not the docking one. The doc one's a zeparate game, which I'm also into. Road Kings is the kind of European truck simulator one, but with it seems like more of a narrative, and they made it feel very emotional and stuff. I don't know. But beyond that, it's like that Batman lego game. It's all right, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw someone saying it's supposed to be bigger than the Arkham City game, which seems wild that it's all legos.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I can. If this one's up being another roam around the city like a Spider Man game, then I'm into it.
Speaker 3: Yep. I think it looks really promising. And they're kind of bringing in all of the Batman stuff with maybe a focus on the Dark Knight trilogy, but like there's definitely a bunch of other stuff in there. They do have the Batman and references to older Batman stuff in there, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Arkham stuff all over the place.
Speaker 6: Yes, and then Riddler trophies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're like straight up just kind of making an Arkham game great.
Speaker 6: They're awesome there.
Speaker 4: Wait, Riddler trophies for sure.
Speaker 6: I heard someone say that I did not see that.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice them. I didn't notice something happens to me. Yeah, oh yeah trophies.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never did get all them in City, which is two bags. Like I did a thing with the Riddler where he flew away in like a Mex suit or something, and I was like, oh, I bet there's a really cool boss fight if I got all these Riddler trophies, and then I just didn't.
Speaker 5: Oh, coming Mount Rushmore of collectibles would be fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, the great trophies to be on there.
Speaker 2: Coming back from comic Con one year, I bought a life size Riddler trophy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't know you were a full sicko.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it was the nineties, you know, probably that was probably like two thousand and seven, but it was the later I had to explain to airport security what the fuck exactly was in my.
Speaker 2: I swear I had like all.
Speaker 4: These gears and these weird battery compartments because it used to light up when it used to work properly.
Speaker 3: But that was a fun comic con.
Speaker 4: Nevertheless, No, that's out.
Speaker 3: I want to see pictures of it posted on Instagram or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, go ahead, I know that we've seen and I joked about this last week. We've seen so many iterations of the Wayne parents dying. I just need a lego Batman scene of like Robert Panson's The Batman with just like Nirvana playing in the background. I just need a brooding Lego Batman.
Speaker 3: I need them to make a reference to that phase comic. That's what I need. This is a gamer issue Batman. And yeah, literally the mic has the Gamer issue with about the Gamer issue right there. Outside of of that, and well, I get okay, any other games standout? You guys, you guys all Big Luckmedia or Divina Comedia.
Speaker 2: Dona War finally, so I don't know. I kind of want to play Dona War one before four comes out.
Speaker 5: Mike, I would play against We should do skirmishes against each We're both curious.
Speaker 2: I gotta see because like, I own it. But they did a recent remaster, and I guess if it's really worth buying this new remaster of donov War if I'm fine with the original, got to look into it.
Speaker 3: Bubbs four d so there was a pre show as well, Bobbs four d that he man game. A couple other ones keep people keep calling out from there. But bubbsy forty actually looks legitimately like a good time. It's from for Braz, who is the indie developer that's done some three D platformers before Demon's Turf, and they got a new one coming out soon. And then this game is bubbsy forty is coming out next year. I believe. Yeah, it looked pretty cool. I can't believe they're actually doing that. A couple other things out of games come from people like just getting hands on with like switch to games that got announced early on Elden Ring playing pretty shitty on the switch to Final Fantasy seven remake, playing really good on the switch to Yeah, not much else out of the show. Did you guys see any other headlines from Gamescom that kind of caught your fancy or anything like that, because I just didn't.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, I don't know if this is out of games Com, So if it's not, you just silenced me and we'll move on. There's a hell Raiser game coming out? Was that from games Com?
Speaker 3: So people did play that at games Com? In fact, I watched a short from Kurt Indovina who went hands on with the game, and he seemed pretty impressed. That is another Saber game, Sabers just making LEXI told me. Apparently Sabers just got like thirteen studios or something like that. This hell Raiser game. People seem impressed by it. They were like, it's hitting the tone. It also kind of looks really amazing because you actually haven't seen out of these characters like in this kind of fidelity before. I'm interested.
Speaker 2: Hell, for sure, I've heard people say that the Silk Song demo. There is somehow pretty much that demo I played at the Nintendo E three twenty now they're just there. That's insane. This it's for stop. But it is like that part of the games though.
Speaker 3: Man, okay, that's that's sucks all right. So Silk Song that is something that people were also playing at games Com. It did get its release date in this past week. It's coming out September fourth of twenty twenty five. So yeah, in like a week or so, it'll be here. This again, whatever game's coming out, people are excited. There won't be reviews. These are like the tidbits that you should take away from this because they want to give the game to kickstarterbackers first before anyone else, so kind of you'll have to just play it that way or wait for reviews later. But because this game is coming out suddenly September four, a lot of other indie games have moved. I have a small list here. A Little Witch in the Woods has been delayed from September fourth to September twenty fifth or September fifteenth, let's see here. Clover Pit is now coming September twenty sixth. Atima Lucy is coming in twenty twenty six. Now it's just leaving this year entirely. Demon School is going to November November nineteenth, and Baby Steps is now coming September twenty third, so just everything's moving out of the way.
Speaker 6: It is interesting.
Speaker 5: I think I saw map Piscateli post something today of like it is getting treated like it's like GTA or something, the G six Indi games. What everyone's saying. Yeah, but that's just I mean, look, it's a really good game. I'm excited to play it, but like, is it that much of a.
Speaker 3: It's the most wishlested game on Steam. Okay, well, I mean that's the one number. You know, it's not even a number, but it's a fact about it that we have. So I mean, if you have that information, yeah, and everyone's doing it, and these people probably have a little bit more information, probably professional sure consulting about like what this might mean for them. Everyone's kind of doing I bet there's something to it.
Speaker 2: They said, the first one sold like fifteen million copies, and this one could they get you know, five million copies almost immediately, And in the indie space, that is a lot of the oxygen sucked out of the room.
Speaker 5: But if you're someone like let's say, let's say, because not everyone's going to be into like a Metro advein and even a really good one like this, So something like Cloverpit, which you know is like kind of you know, there's saying Ballottro meets Buckshot Roulette and you know it's one that we're playing symbargoed and stuff. But like we can say, obviously it's nothing like silk Song. Like I'm not a marketing guy, but wouldn't there be something to like, all right, here's an alternative in the indie space that's nothing like Silksong.
Speaker 6: So for people who aren't into that, here's you have to you.
Speaker 3: Have to be the alternative folks that I think the problem is what if you're the third game and it's like no one, no one's paying attention to the third also ran at that point, and.
Speaker 4: Sure, and also Silksong also experienced like an anomaly in terms of its PEP story.
Speaker 2: You know, like.
Speaker 4: There's certain machinations you could not manufacture with that, and I think there's a whole list of variables that on the other end of it, you have this sort of situation. Plus yeah, I mean, if my game was the most wish listed guy. I wouldn't shut the fuck up about that either.
Speaker 3: I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Grab, I think you're on something with not wanting to be the third game because in clover Pits instance, even though it is radically different than Silksong, you still have to compete with Blatro. Yeah, and like there are still a ton of people that have not put Blottro down.
Speaker 2: And if.
Speaker 1: You're competing with time and and silk Song isn't your jam, you may just stick with what's familiar versus exploring something new and clover Pit.
Speaker 3: A lot of these teams are also probably relying on people like us or bigger streamers like Northern Line, like, hey, can you play our game this week? And there's a chance he might not not during Silksong week, like we're already talking about like we'll do a long stream for Silk Song. We're like kind of focusing on that. And so that like takes out the the like the that kind of word of mouth, and then that rule like it has a knock on effect of fewer people are talking about it who watch those streams, and they're not talking about it as much in their discord. So I bet there's a lot of data out there. That's just this is probably the right move to move these games.
Speaker 2: I wonder if te Cherry is surprised, Like, were they thinking about, like, oh, we might upset people if we just released this game in two weeks with little notice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they probably weren't thinking about it, because it's like, we're just working on our game. That's what it sounds like over there. According to that Jason Schreyer story, they were just happily plugging away at this game, letting that first game sell and fund and fund everything and it worked out perfect. So it seems like they were in their own little world.
Speaker 1: Can I get a quick temp check? Should I play the original Holi Night one before embarking on Silk Song.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I don't think you needed for any kind of narrative purpose and of anything. I think you're risk burning yourself out because it's a fairly long game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, I love I love Holler Night one, but it's a very big game. I think this game's a prequel anyway, So you know, play this like that, then when you're right, you can go back to Allow Night.
Speaker 3: All right, So we'll keep going here. They can't get the hardware. That's a quote about Nintendo reportedly telling would be switched to debvs to just release your game on Switch one instead. According to a report from Digital Foundries DF Direct weekly podcast, developers are still having a difficult time obtaining Nintendo Switch to development kits even after the console's launch. Some developers have been advised to release their games on the original switch and rely on backward compatibility instead of creating switch to only titles. This strategy is puzzling to some, as even major developers are struggling to get kits, while some indie studios have received them instead. The lack of switch to dev kits is a is problematic for games that pushed the original switches limits. I really struggle to figure out what this is until I'm like, maybe this is them being like, we don't want a ton of switch two decades out there because that might increase the chance that someone cracks the system and piracy happens. I don't know. That's the only thing I can think of, because this typically does not happen. Once the system is out, deaf kits become readily available. At least that's my understanding. Maybe that's not always been the case. But if there's a weird gaps in the switch tos library, it's gonna because.
Speaker 2: Of this weird and you know, we talked about it. Nintendo does some dumb stuff sometimes. This is one of the dumber ones. What the heck is this about. We're already having problems with things like Ninja Guiding Rage Bound, like not running really well on a Switch too, because there's not a native version, and now there's like all these indie games where I'm getting concerned about. I'm like, WHOA, well, is the switch you gonna be the best place to play shouob or Soak Song? And boy do they want people playing Soak Song on their you know, Haitis two, which I'm associating heavily with the Switch to. Yeah, all sorts of stuff like that. Again, even just like I'm confused while you don't have more these third party ports happening, and this seems like that's part of that equation as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think we could probably chalk this up to Nintendo. It's been very weird, and the explanation of it might might not be beyond that. It might just be like, yeah, there's no one really in charge of that It's just something we kind of do when we launch a console. I don't know. Luminous Arise gets a demo on PS five and Steam to celebrate its release date announcement, but it's for one week only. The playable demo for luminez Arise is available now on PS five and Steam for one week only until September three. The full game will be released in November on the eleventh of that month for those platforms. Oh yeah, the order pre order, standard edition, and the digital Flux editions. Now, yeah, I'm gonna go go check this out for sure. I play.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the embargo stuff and yeah, I guess. Now that it's out and I'm looking at it, we're talking about it. I've played a bunch of it. I played a bunch of the demo. It's it's dope.
Speaker 3: We're seeing that, you know. It really like the series always had this, but it really still does feel like a Testrasu effect moment for it because they just amplified all that stuff in this one. It looks really good.
Speaker 5: Well, and what other puzzle series would be more you know, ready for the Tetris effect treatment in this you know it perfect for this.
Speaker 4: Media there's there's some drugs to be done.
Speaker 6: No one actually likes columns. Mike Media is sure I.
Speaker 2: Didn't efend columns.
Speaker 6: I stopped pinting for columns.
Speaker 2: Columns was like the gems one, right, multi Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every pack in thing, every six pack, everyone ever had columns and no one ever liked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I tried to play it. When when I go to my friend's house, the Genesis, what is this? Give me Tetris So yeah, Lumines Uh, I'm looking forward to it. I just man all love Tetris effects so much. Glad that enhance is still just doing stuff like that now doing it with Luminez. SERI a game that I never played all that much, and then when I played it at Summer Game Fest, it clicked and I'm like, okay, no, I'm ready for this one.
Speaker 6: That first PSP one was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A Nintendo Direct is reportedly planned for mid September. Reports suggest it could happen around September twelfth, although that's a Friday, but there's a reason to think maybe there's something to that date because September thirteenth, which is what it would be in Japan. If this really did happen on September twelfth, would be the fortieth anniversary of Super Mario Brothers. Now, a September direct has happened every year since they started doing directs, except for last year. They didn't do one last year, but you know, every other year they have done one, so it's usually a safe assumption that they will have one. And now that the switch to is here, I think we can say, like, the reason they didn't do it last year is the switch to wasn't ready and they were saving stuff. So now the switch to is here, they'll probably get back on that normal cadence. So yeah, a switch direct in a September sounds right to me. How do you guys feel about the Mario aspect of this, the fortieth anniversary? What do you think they could even have?
Speaker 2: It could be so many things. There were the rumors of a new not you know, and that it's more recent, but of the series new Super Mario Brothers, a collection of those three games we don't have in the switch yet. You know, it doesn't excite me a time, but sure I can see why that would make sense. Gosh, we still don't have Mario G two on there, but I don't know if they're going to do anything with that. I mean, there's a million things they can do with Mario. We can get maybe we get Mario three, uh uh forty right, like another Battle Royal kind of thing.
Speaker 6: That last one was not great.
Speaker 2: Now there was sometimes how many times.
Speaker 4: They actually like remastered the original.
Speaker 2: All started and then Game Boy Color does better moments. I guess I don't know. There's a part of me it's like I don't know how much I need Mario one remastered again, Like I would love that.
Speaker 3: I would just I just think if they did that with like full on the HD treatment and added some stuff that h possible. Yeah, but I think maybe I would prefer if they updated Super Mario Maker with yes controls.
Speaker 1: Think that's one hundred percent of I was thinking. I was holding my mouse and I thought, wow, what a great way to control things which two has a mouse?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would be incredible.
Speaker 5: I think Pie in the Sky, which I have not heard even any rumors of, But I would love if they tried to do like the Mega Man nine type thing and do like a Super Mario Brothers four, you know.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly like Sonic.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think we all think it's probably too soon to hear about the next three D Mario. Probably, I'm not expecting that at all. I wonder there's something. You know, there's other things, like another Alarmo theme based around Mario, more soundtrack right on the store.
Speaker 3: The baby Mario stuff of like the toys. They'll probably talk about those.
Speaker 2: Things with Alarmo. Get me the fuck off. It's a lot of I love it. I tried to get away from it, and I was struggling to get up. You guys might know I stop meeting that one time, right, I straight away from the path of Alarmo and almost slipped into the cold no warm depths of hell.
Speaker 3: You guys really wake up to that.
Speaker 5: I don't have to do it, but it is my bedside alarm or clock, the alarms on my phone.
Speaker 2: I adapt to it.
Speaker 4: Dylan uses it, Uh, he likes it. I think setting an alarm is eleven steps too many.
Speaker 3: It's a good alarm, it's it's well, I guess you're trying to set a different time for each day a lot, and.
Speaker 4: You can set it up to do different times of different days, but it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that thing updated it. You can do that easily.
Speaker 4: That is not fortieth anniversary material though, do not come out with thing with Nintendo.
Speaker 3: It could be we're going all out and it's the fucking year of Luigi and watch out everybody. We're doing everything with this guy. Or it could be here's a phone, wallpaper, Nintendo has done all these things for anniversary.
Speaker 2: Or here's a phone, yeah, the director.
Speaker 6: They will announce the delay of Metric Prime for no.
Speaker 2: I don't absolutely not. Just got rated. It got rated by the critic.
Speaker 5: I got Battlefield six, I got Baby Steps, I got no baby moved maybe moves.
Speaker 2: Even with my uh bad first pick with the three D Mario game, I'm still protected to win because I had.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't know be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hell. Yeah on one one seven mina the hollower, let's go with.
Speaker 3: A fantasy critics. I went in like, dude, this, this God of War spin off projects is definitely not coming out this year, and they're like, you're not tryer. I'm like, you're right, I'm not please though I picked it, just do something here, and uh, they're not.
Speaker 4: So I dropped baby Steps, that's right, Yeah, I got it now. Yeah, I mean for something I think we'll do better, So get ship.
Speaker 3: Fortunately maybe maybe poison ivy. So I'm not Yeah, that's what I wanted to break. Okay, Yes, Dan, did you get poison ivy?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Creaming around and poison ivy for several minutes, it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty recovered head to toe thanks to the powers. Baby So maybe.
Speaker 5: Baby Steps did say of me, Yes, shoes and socks on. I immediately threw the whole onesie into the washer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leaves of three.
Speaker 3: Leave them be. I swased to move there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I rubbed hydrocordisone cream all over my legs, you know, washed them thoroughly.
Speaker 6: I think I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you put on the Baby Steps onesie that we got sent and he went out into the woods and filmed something and people walked like walk through something that people thought was poison ivy.
Speaker 6: Yes, and then I did Google lens and it was like, that's poison ivy.
Speaker 2: So but I think I.
Speaker 4: Got okay, all right, it doesn't the one time I did touch poison, it happens relatively quickly.
Speaker 6: I think you're okay, I'm in the clear. It's been like twenty not twenty four.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean, look, we're all collectively hoping and praying right, like we all want this, this happened for you.
Speaker 5: I mean, here's where I'm fucked up. When I realized that that might be the case, I'm like, oh, that's really funny. And then like I didn't get poison ivy, I was like, Ah, that's not as funny.
Speaker 2: Oh you could have you could have worked us that needed to be a shoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. Forts or Ice and six reportedly set to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show next month, which is four two it because the rumor is it's gonna take place in Japan. I've been that's been like intimated to me. I don't know how much I trust what I'm hearing on that. But then there was the thing with someone in Australia from the team taking pictures of rare k cars, which are the small Japanese vehicles that I want one really bad too, And it's like, okay, well, kick cars have been there before, but the one they were taking a picture of is like the kind of one you would put in there if you were having a game take place in Japan because it's relatively rare. Also, Japan just feels right, it feels like the timing is lined up for that. So the fact that they're announced a Tokyo game show, do you guys think that gives any more fuel to this fire? Yeah? Or it could be any sure.
Speaker 2: I mean people point out like everyone always expects it's going to be Yes Japan, I think Britain also went out in game as well.
Speaker 3: What HAPs happened?
Speaker 2: Eventually we were there with Assassin's Creed right everything they thought Japan to bit Japan, Well, eventually you did get Assassin's Creed Shadows. Mike. My big question is, is the whole like young people at a hip festival, vibe gonna be toned down a little bit or not.
Speaker 3: I don't think they ever turned. The last one sold too well for them to change anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a party.
Speaker 3: It's a party about social media.
Speaker 2: Social media.
Speaker 3: You believe they have social media?
Speaker 2: Somebody likes Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, I got so many, Like.
Speaker 4: I need to know where this is from?
Speaker 3: What's from the game Forts Horizon.
Speaker 6: It's always a DJ yelling at you about likes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's like festival, except everybody is happy and gets along with each other.
Speaker 3: For that game is one of the best chill out like just go sit down and play a video game. Ass video game in a while. Uh so, I'm excited, and I do think Japan would be awesome. I'm I think the one I hated the most in terms of setting was England.
Speaker 2: It was it was, Yeah, it was in Europe, get rid of it. Australia was better.
Speaker 1: Just wants to go to Europe and just like knock out any potential pickpocket.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, come on a road man, that's not a threat to get out of here with that.
Speaker 2: You have a knife. Still, I still stand behind Crew Motorfest. I think Hawaii was a very good location for one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, not wrong.
Speaker 1: My dream gang if sports A Horizon six is going to be revealed at TGS and it's gonna take place in Japan. Fucking give me the Tokyo Drift song from past right, Yeah, just fucking cut a trailer and I just need to hear a Japanese woman from in the distance goring what ass? And then I will channel in my inner DK and not Donkey Kong but the Drift King. Oh all right, let's see here.
Speaker 3: Skate Early Access is releasing on September sixteenth. They just announced this. Previews are going up. Me and Mike saw some hands on and then didn't play.
Speaker 2: It read all that. I never understood how I was supposed to play a shame and busy to ask pr for Clark. I think ye, we were supposed to sink our EA accounts or something.
Speaker 3: I gave them some information about my account and then nothing ever happened and they never but whatever, I was too busy that that's was like, hey, I have to go.
Speaker 2: There, and I was just in shame. I was just like, I think I messed it up, so I don't want to bother you. But exactly, I'm like, I don't know if I did well. And then when they asked, it's like, it's over tomorrow. I'm like, well, that's too late to get this figure.
Speaker 3: Out, so I'd like to be a problem though whatever, I probably wasn't gonna have much time to play it even if I did.
Speaker 2: Have access to it.
Speaker 3: It's out soon. And I looked at it, and uh, what they showed us from their their demonstration of it, and it looks like skate it does. I think that they had the chat there of like other people who are from other websites or whatever covering it, and there was a lot of people who's big skate fans who are just did not seem very happy. I don't know what to make a lot of people seem to be upset about the I think what they called the fortniteification of the visuals. Yes, the visuals are a little bit you know, cartoony, I guess is the most simplest way of putting that. I was not really noticing that. I'm like, this game looks fine, but I also recognize what this game is trying to be a free to play, live service forever game that can run on anything. So maybe I was just kind of coming out from that mindset. In terms of the gameplay, I mean, it just looks like there's going to be a single player thing. You go on there and play that stuff, but you're supposed to go hang out with your friends. Can it stand up to that for years and years for the skating community. I have no idea, but I'm interested to see. This is definitely not one of those early access games where people should be like, well, I should wait to the full thing. This is like early access, like the way Fortnite was in early access to beta, where it's like they're just trying to test out ideas. So I'm definitely gonna hop in there and see and maybe we can do a stream or two. But I don't know what else to make of it. Yeah. September sixteenth, out in Early Access, long time Bungee boss People Parsons has announced his departure after two decades. Really, the story here is Bungie has been absorbed into PlayStation Studios. This is something that was began last year. This really just marks that it's fully happened. I bet Pete Parsons like shares have also vested, Like it's probably been about that that long, So he's probably all right, I'm getting paid, I'm out, and I don't want to be part of like having to answer to someone at PlayStation Because I came here with the understanding that I would be in charge and Bungie would be independent. That's not the case anymore. So I guess, hey, what do you guys think the future is for Bungee again? A company that has to keep supporting Destiny to You and is putting out Marathon early next year.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna miss Pete Parsons in his vintage cars or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of toxicity associated with him. According to recent reporting and not a lot of good things said about him either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, because it's like I hope they are planning a contingency for if Marathon doesn't have At this point, they've had some time that right, Oh right, it's just they want that to hit, of course. But they can't be in a situation where well, that has to hit or we're done, because there's a there seems like there's a distinct possibility it doesn't hit. So but then it's like, what's the backup plan? Because sure, well, let's make Destiny three. That's a very expensive backup plan. I think it's something that they are going to have to do eventually, and they are going to have to start figuring out what that looks like and how it can happen, because what exactly are your other options here? Chase some other online service trend, go back to making a single player shoot out, have an idea make that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Bungee struggling, right, and they are looking for a ground to go to, and Destiny three is like that big scary thing that like would be a lot to chew chew off, like that bite off, and they would be like very difficult to pull off, but they might have to do that eventually. In the meantime, there is another thing that is struggling that they could partner with. And now these companies seem like they're pretty friendly. What if they helped out with the next Halo?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's probably there's almost no way that happens. But I kind of see. I don't see why it couldn't actually now, because that Halo would just come out everywhere and Microsoft's not super hot on the people that had been making Halo for a minute. There, it's not gonna happen, But I just thought it's not a zero chance.
Speaker 2: Jeff. Yeah, it's a cool script you've written exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm putting out that specscript in Hollywood right now. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: Cody RhoD Is coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, huh, all right, the last couple of stories here. On September tenth, Acclaim will reveal new surprises, exclusive content, and announcements you won't want to miss. Of course, Jeff Jarrett's behind all this.
Speaker 1: He is is he gonna do the their direct fuck?
Speaker 3: I hope?
Speaker 2: So you have to watch this right yes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Acclaim announced a little bit that they were coming back, and at that time, I was like, what do you mean, Like, what what games could you possibly be like trafficking on.
Speaker 6: Because versus the Space Mutants?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes, the games I think of for Acclaim are licensed games. Those licenses are elsewhere and combat. Yeah, and then shadow Man, which is has already come back with like night Dive doing something with them, and then.
Speaker 2: Which is which is Night Dived and also just getting a new game already which was also.
Speaker 3: Playable at a summer game fest and people, uh, they discovered that's going to have both first and third person. It was gonna be third person, but they added first person in there as well. That that's it aside, So guys, what could have Claim possibly announced that gets you excited?
Speaker 5: I am scrolling through their list of games yesterday when I was first saw the story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I've played a million of these games.
Speaker 5: But it's Terminator, it's fucking Alien, it's w w F, it's Mortal Kombat, it's all these things, It's Wolverine things where those licenses are very much in other people's hands.
Speaker 6: So I'm trying to think of one thing they could do.
Speaker 1: Ex Triple X too, Uh, Mary Kayden Ashley pocket Planner.
Speaker 2: We go, does he have Simpsons? They did? I don't know if anyone. I mean it's just Disney now oh oh okay, so I don't know who the hell has Simpsons.
Speaker 5: And racing Oh Newman has Indy Carr featuring Nigel Mansell.
Speaker 2: Because like, the one thing they could have done if it wasn't for the fact we're already getting is tur Rock. I associate that so much with a claim and like the worst or like the not as good wrestling games, right was that they did?
Speaker 5: They do no merch, like raw and no, no, no no no. That WASHQ sixteen were rumble and raw and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And so when I see the acclaim and sixty four wrestling games at the youth Store, I'm like, those are not the good ones. I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I like them as kid, but just because it was like the only wrestling game I had, you.
Speaker 3: Know, sure, Frank Thomas b Ones, Uh they had some Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: There's some sports stuff, but those.
Speaker 3: Are also ones that like they can't do nowadays, because are they going to make a baseball game to complete compete with any of the Arcade ones or the show? And it's like obviously they're not going to do want to cool into the show generic Spawn?
Speaker 6: What about Todd McFarland's Spawn.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get back in the Spawn game. That's where the real money is, Involution.
Speaker 2: Saying something new or some new license game like, I can't imagine it. You can't be a collection of classics.
Speaker 4: Really tough to root for anything with its roots in Long Island.
Speaker 3: So for saken, okay.
Speaker 2: Oh there we go. Now we're talking.
Speaker 5: Did we did we for a second came up recently? Is that gonna be like a night dive thing or something?
Speaker 3: I think we said that that would be good for that or for n s O.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got these wrecking balls, we got extreme on n s O. Already, no one can stop mister Domino.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true.
Speaker 2: What is the what is the core of the messaging? Here are they?
Speaker 4: There's are they saying something like.
Speaker 3: There was an announcement? I'll get that while you guys continue.
Speaker 6: To talking First American Nation games.
Speaker 2: Yeah said already. And I listened to them like.
Speaker 4: Hardware, like some sort of gimmicky like retro hardware stuff. I mean even I know I'm not I'm not hey, I'm not excited.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I just don't see, like because it really comes down to like them trading on nostalgia, and I just don't see what they could because like and even if they try to do the thing of like, oh no, we're doing new efforts towards nostalgia, like Atari's got that on lock now with night Dive and Limited Run was over Embracer, But like with night Dive and Atari's kind.
Speaker 2: Of got mating because they're doing the like Ninja Guide in and things like that. So you got some companies in that space, and.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, I guess Claim could try to do more of that, but to justify an entire reveal event with new surprises, exclusive content and announcements on September tenth, I don't I don't get it. What they originally said when they came back is uh, it's an absolute honor and pleasure to be leading the charge and bringing a Claim back to the forefront of the games industry. That's according to Alex Joseph, who is a games industry veteran who's taken it back. We're fortunate that we have an extremely talented team and that we're all we've already signed some incredible indie titles, which we'll be revealing soon. So there you go.
Speaker 2: You guys know something wild Night. I've already remastered Forsaken at twenty eighteen apparently. Really yeah, what the hell? I want to play that? That sounds great.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. I'm gonna taken. Really not even descent I.
Speaker 2: Said, they got straight to I mean, I feel like this is also around the time they did shadow Man, so it actually makes sense.
Speaker 3: Sure, Uh, there is for sake and remastered five dollars all right and to my wish list? Perfect? Okay, yeah, so we'll see. I guess it does sound like it's going to be new and a new indie game publisher with the name Acclaim, which is probably the whole idea.
Speaker 1: So what if Jared stars in all these games?
Speaker 3: Okay? Good, yeah, I would I would welcome that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh man for Sakens so cool looking. Okay. Metro Prime four has been raided by the SRB. We talked about this a little bit, but as always, six weeks out from an s RB rating is kind of the standard that would put it in late September. I am not I'm trying not to get my hopes up for it. Being that soon. So I've been saying, hey, it makes a lot of sense for late October early November, kind of between Pokemon and what's the one that's coming out in November ads Air Riders. Yeah I could, but yeah, we'll see that. This does mean though, that they feel like the game is complete and that they can submit it for ratings. They've already submitted to other places. But ESRB is you know that one's pretty locked down, the pretty well understood, So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean late September looks kind of bare for them, it's possible. I mean, you know they'll have Silk So on the fourth, and also that U Star Wars Outlaws Porfos Switch Itips on the fourth, that Damon Ex Machina. This is September fifth, so like earlier on there. But yeah, gosh, I don't want to get my hopes up either. I am hoping that you know, this direct that could happen in September. If it's not just straight up a Metro Prime direct like we have at the Kirby Rising. If it is a general direct, I hope a lot of it is about Metroid. I hope it is. Metro Prime four has released it. I hope they do tell me how I can play Metrod Prime two and three on my switched to before that happens. There're you know, sorry, Dan, But for a while that I was feeling like, oh me, this game is slipping. But with the ratings of what not happening, this is definitely feeling like a twenty twenty five game.
Speaker 3: Still, Uh, that does it for the headlines I've included. There was a ton of news this week, So if we missed anything, you know, maybe could throw it in a super chat and we'll talk about it there at the end of the show. But yeah, that's just how it goes some weeks, grub.
Speaker 1: I perhaps missed the biggest news story of today.
Speaker 3: I knew it. What is it?
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey are engaged.
Speaker 3: Oh good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's nice to hear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: Height back to you, Jan all right, we're gonna take a quick bricky break and we will be back with emails and super chats. We'll see you on the other side of the Yes, these are the emails for the show. Emails BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email addressed. Send your emails to you can write in about any and everything, and hey, shouts out to y'all. We've been getting We've been flooded with emails, and this time not spam or coupon codes or requests to show up on the red carpet for eighty for Brady. We're getting shoot emails gang, and there's a whole bunch of them. I appreciate y'all. Once again. If you want to write in about any and everything, you want to correct our grammar, I'm not gonna read it because I don't fucking care what words I say. If you want to write in about a fun quiz, I'll try and include that if we have the time. If you do you have a question or some miscellaneous other things right in, please we'll try and get to all the emails. BombCast giant bomb dot com is email addressed. First email comes from George from Orlando. Why is everyone referring to it as BioShock four when we never got BioShock three?
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, buddy, come on.
Speaker 3: You know even I can.
Speaker 2: Tell you that finance. You know sometimes games abandoned numbers and come back to them.
Speaker 3: So then, are you guys okay with calling it mass Effect five.
Speaker 2: I guess someone did that. Sure at that place, it's like the new mass effect works. It is weird, very strange. Assassins. Remember Assassin's Creed, we ass that's the Creed. That's Creed two. No, then Brotherhood and Revelations, which were mainline, and then all of a sudden three and then a subtitle and a number four, and then there are don't numbers forever after that.
Speaker 3: Then what if I called Black Up seven Call Duty twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Sure do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, apparently nobody, No guy cares.
Speaker 1: For the year it's releasing now.
Speaker 4: Then I think you're exactly right. Yeah, I think like at this point where it is twenty six, it's kind of lining up anyway, Go nuts.
Speaker 1: The guy who likes.
Speaker 2: Best, I'm the guy who likes Dark Forces. For Jedi Night three, Jedi Cast two, Jedi Academy.
Speaker 1: I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I thought the greatest thing Mario Kart ever did was when a series that never had numbers suddenly started numbering itself for just a couple of games, apparent.
Speaker 3: And then they were very insistent that the mobile game was Mario Kart knows whatever, Yeah, ten.
Speaker 2: Or whatever something like that. Yeah, yeah, but you're right, that was nine. So this one was going to be ten. People were calling it nine and everyone was fighting about it. I'm I'm amused. I like I like.
Speaker 5: Combat kind of did some of that too. Yeah, you know, like ten and eleven. After like four games, it's like Mortal Kombat or Deadly Lions for deception.
Speaker 2: Right, and the Street Fighter was so weird. He had Street Fighter two and mine spinoffs in Alpha, which was really the first sequel, but then three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there's just always like you know, even in you know, like hardware stuff, they everyone just fumbles, you know. I feel like no one really knows what to do with that stuff until it feels.
Speaker 3: An engineer just makes up his own numbering scheme, right and puts it in the back end, and then people see that like this is the real numbering scheme.
Speaker 4: It's like no, Yeah, windows came out of nowhere with numbers all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they skipped eight.
Speaker 1: Myphones got weird for a second. We just went to X.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well was that all right? We have a pair of flying related emails. First one comes from met from Indiana. Hey bomb crew, I'm thirty eight in flying for the first time ever next month for week long vacation to Colorado. I've generalized anxiety disorder and have never left the Midwest, so quite frankly, I'm terrified of the whole ordeal. Since you all seem to travel a decent amount for work and pleasure, do you have any advice for me, anything from navigating the airport, staying sane on a flight, being away from get being away without getting homesick, and other things you wish you had known when you flew for or took a long trip for the first time. Appreciate any and all help. Thinks a million Matt from Indiana.
Speaker 4: Wow, Matt, uh, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Do not get You're gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't get blitzed.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, No, what no have to say?
Speaker 2: Go to your thought and explain your anxieties and get prescribed with actual medicine. And then, don't you know, I understand that it can be often you'll be like anxious about taking the medicine, But no, the medicine is good and will help you well.
Speaker 5: And if they prescribe something, definitely just do it on a day where you don't have a lot going on at home. So you know what to expect from the actual like, but so that is one thing, talk to a doctor about it, and you know they might say, here's klanap and here's xanax or something, and those do work. But if you don't want to go right to that, which are like Benzo's little you know, they make you feel a little different. There's something called per paneloon that I have found very useful because it is a typically prescribed for public speaking. Because what it does is it it's a beta blockers. So it's like, you know, things like heart rate and shallow breathing and stuff like that. It'll like kind of block a lot of the physical symptoms that if you have anxiety. You know that a lot of times that's how like a panic attack can start, is you'll feel your heart rate going up and go like, oh, there we go, and then the snowball goes down the hill and you're having a full scale panic attack. So if you want to go with like I don't want to say the harder stuff, but you know xanax or klonopin, they will make you feel a little knocked out. You could ask about proparaning A long aisle seat is very helpful for me with anxiety because, like I think something that has triggered panic attacks in the past is like the feeling that you can't get up and easily leave a situation, at least at the aisle seat. Once you're at like ten thousand feet you can get up, sit in the bathroom. Some just walk up down the aisle. Stuff like that helps a lot. Expect that on takeoff and taxing. Specifically on takeoff, there's going to be noises, there's stuff, the flap's going up, the landing gear going up, things going around the overhead compartments. That's all normal. Don't worry about it. Also turbulence, that's even if that happens, not to beg it feels scary or whatever.
Speaker 3: Turbulence has never caused a plane to crash.
Speaker 6: You will never ask because of turbulence.
Speaker 5: And then some something that really helped me out too is that like if you have generalized anxiety disorder, I assume you've had some panic attacks and think about, like the worst one you've ever had, it ends, they all end.
Speaker 6: Your body cannot keep it prolonged.
Speaker 5: Being like because I had you know, even recently, I used to like last year, I waskind of struggling with flat anxiety again, and I was reminded that, like, there's no way that, like, oh, a twelve hour flight to Germany, I'm gonna be having like this panic attack the entire time. Your body cannot do that. I cannot keep that up. You are going to peak. It won't hurt you, and then you were just gonna feel really fucking sleepy. You know, think about any panic attack you've ever had. It lasts a little bit and then you feel really fucking sleepy and it crashes. So yeah, it's I mean, there's ways around it. I know exactly how you're feeling. I've really struggled with this in the past, but you know you'll get through it.
Speaker 3: You're not gonn can hurt you. Just add to that last thing. Damn talk about it like you're going to get through it. Tell yourself that talk to yourself. Anxiety is your brain making up stories to scare you, and your body can get scared of things it made it made up in your brain. That means you can also just tell your body things. You can communicate your body like hey you're safe, Hey we're good, Hey we're fine, and you will believe it to a certain degree. It's not going to solve everything. It's not some magic bullet. But take ownership of your body and have a conversation with it and say we're safe, we're good, and it will help a little bit.
Speaker 5: Another big thing, and this applies to any panic attack. Now, just fight anxiety. Is you know, you'll hear a lot of stuff of like ways to quell it and get a panic like, oh, you know, do this breathing and that'll stop a panic attack, or you know, think about this or listen to this. No, let it just run through you basically, like when you feel it, when you feel those first things of anxiety, do not fight it, like that's just going to make it stronger. Just be like, hey, run your course, do your thing, you know, hands feet, mike it tingling part right, might go up.
Speaker 6: None of this shit's gonna hurt you.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna have a heart attack, You're not gonna go crazy and start screaming. Just let it do its thing. It'll end and then.
Speaker 2: You know about you know, just homesickness or something like that. Just you know, keep yourself busy, all right, you're going to be in a new place. There's gonna be a lot of stuff to do. Go and do that, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: Walk around, make new memories. Yeah, thing you're doing you makeing memories. You can't make any other way anti memories by doing new things.
Speaker 2: Tire yourself out to that. When it is the end of the day and you're back in your hotel wherever you are, you do you know you're just gonna want to fall asleep anyways because you are so exhausted. You maybe are just laying here thinking about how you aren't in your bed, and you know you miss those things, things like that, and.
Speaker 3: Then a blackout, drunk, get blackout.
Speaker 6: I've also done that.
Speaker 8: The way we are headed, when you the way we're headed as a society, maybe primarily as a country, there is a there is a timeline where like Dan listen off all of those drugs ends with him saying, use my referral code for you.
Speaker 5: It's what eight hundred, daddy, that's my referral cud doctor Jack Daniels.
Speaker 2: Thanks for There's.
Speaker 1: Also other practical things. Get to the airport early.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, don't all be exactly if you're somebody's gonna get worried about the airport, just get to get there three hours early, hang out whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hey, when you're the time of departure is not when the flight boards also know.
Speaker 2: That no, very very true, very true. Parking cand ticket bit if you have to do that, don't you know yet? You don't want to be a situation where you're in the TSA line and you're worried about being so long that you're going to miss your flight. Like it's annoying to have to wait there, but you don't want to have that anxiety of I might be waiting in this and then miss my flight.
Speaker 1: Oh no, And I don't know if this will help with your with with potential anxiety, but like a lot of airlines, most airlines now have an app. It'll update you just in case like the gate changes or whatever, so you can stay on top of that. Another level of assurance so you don't miss your flight.
Speaker 5: If you're also, if this sounds like it would help you, I did this just last year with those international flights. Like I will talk to flight attendants ahead of time and I will just be like, hey, just to give you a heads up, like, you know, I've got anxiety stuff. So if it seems like I'm having a tough time or whatever, not having a hard attack. I'm just just like let it. Like I used to let every boss I had from like college on know that I have panic disorder in generalized anxiety disorder. So that way they know, and if I'm struggling, it's not a mystery. It's not like why standing acting all weird. So you know, if you want to talk to a flight attendant or even a pilot or something. I've talked to pilots at my gate before and they're always very helpful. They've been through all this million times and sometimes they can help you.
Speaker 1: Also, if you take a nap and you missed the beverage service, you can just call the flight attendant and they'll get you a soda. Yeah, if that's what Sometimes I've I've been stressed out, like, oh no, I missed my meal.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just go back to the galley and I be like, eh, got a beer.
Speaker 1: Enjoy a ginger ale. That's why ginger ale is made all right.
Speaker 2: You do get extra bloady in the air.
Speaker 4: That's the fact you get fardier.
Speaker 6: Oh you never farted on a plane.
Speaker 2: Also, if you're I looked it up. I've never for once on an airplane.
Speaker 6: I probably have extraly.
Speaker 1: I looked it up. The distance from Indiana to Colorado. It's about a two ish hour flight.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, that's how long it takes me to fight at Disney.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Matt from Point Pleasant, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Hey, bomb Babes.
Speaker 1: In November, I will be going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, Japan and have a fifteen hour flight ahead of me. I currently have a Nintendo Switch one and finally have an excuse to play some games uninterrupted. With that in mind, what games does the crew recommend I load up on my Switch before I leave? In addition, is there anything I must do or buy? Well I'm in Japan. Thanks for all you do, Matt from Point to Pleasant, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I if you're going to have a switch, I love playing NSO games on the planes because sometimes it's something that's you know, can be very short. I'm not looking to be up for a while, so there's all sorts of just classic stuff there. But if you want to play even like a longer ns O game, if you haven't done Earthbound right and you know you're gonna have some time to get into that. Fifteen hours will get you halfway through that game if he even wanted to. So that's usually my strategy is actually just doing a lot of nso hopping when I'm on the plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, play rye Gar.
Speaker 2: It's good based game. I don't know, Just so you're not like jumping around and hopping bopping in your own.
Speaker 5: Seat, pilatro, you know, stuff like that. We're just any game that you're playing, you're like, oh, time just melted away. Vampire Survivors is a great one, like.
Speaker 2: A Tetris effect was very good.
Speaker 6: Breath the Wild.
Speaker 2: What's the board game collection?
Speaker 6: A clubhouse game?
Speaker 3: Clubhouse? Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: The person next to you play some Othello or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some hot seat game, passing it back and forth. Oh yeah, and Snipper I guess I would switch. When first came out, I played some snipper Clips with a lady on a plane. That's the only time I did the rooftop party thing.
Speaker 2: And now you're married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. It's my second family. Steam World dig twos from Christopher man Audi and chat. Uh yeah, yeah, that one that's got such a good loop that that that will make time melt Away.
Speaker 2: Honestly, All the Night would be a good one for planes. For sure. There's a like and dig into there, but also just play for a little bit. It works with that.
Speaker 3: Also, if you play all the way there and all the way back, you might beat that game. Maybe not sleeping or eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are good at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: As far as must do things in Japan, there's so much, uh, there's so much good fucking food. Go get ramen. Anywhere you go will be good. Super store uh, and get some of the best food that will surprise you.
Speaker 2: Super potato.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't and don't see it like Japanese staples.
Speaker 8: Go.
Speaker 3: Like if you see a burger place, it's probably the best burger place you've ever had in your entire life. Like, go everywhere there, it's just great food.
Speaker 6: Nintendo Store, you switch Nintendo fans.
Speaker 5: Dum Museum that's if it's oh you're going to Kyoto, okay, then yeah, check out the museum.
Speaker 1: H don't care.
Speaker 5: I would not recommend going to Kyoto for the museum specifically, that's kind of a long haul.
Speaker 6: But if you're gonna go there anyway, absolutely, Uh.
Speaker 1: Don't be too discouraged about the language barrier.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 1: You can kind of parse your way out and have no problem navigating through Japan.
Speaker 5: Seven to eleven. Just get a bunch of fun Knveini food. That that's great.
Speaker 2: I've heard their Disneyland's amazing. You're going to Tokyo. Disney CA supposed to be the best Disney theme park. I haven't been there. You can have one up on me.
Speaker 4: I just Mike, I'm gonna have to step in here, but I've never been to.
Speaker 3: Japan and here to go to Disney so bad.
Speaker 4: Hearing Mike Matts Matt's name, I'm so fucking jealous. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's have a boys trip.
Speaker 4: I've not been We go through this all the time. You're so surprised.
Speaker 2: You're like, how have you never been park?
Speaker 6: It's impossible. You've worked in tech game.
Speaker 4: We've had this conversation, had this conversation, and it's well, just staying on my legs on eighthg met somebody remember everything from this moment forward.
Speaker 6: You're talking about old Dan.
Speaker 3: He keeps telling me about this everybody, and I'm so jealous of that. I'm like, I'm making moves over here.
Speaker 2: Is that going? Dan? Is that?
Speaker 6: And it's been.
Speaker 4: What do you mean it's been wild? What's changed? What's happened?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, I think the way my doctor put it is the best way to describe it. Where it's like it went from feeling like I had a billion open tabs to just like one or two. You know, it's like my head just in a million different places.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I was the guy that like walk into a room twice and they'd be like, why am I in this room? And like now I just like I went into this room to do this. Now I will do this.
Speaker 3: Sounds amazing, so.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it'll affect my memory, but the adhd is is very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel better? Awesome, awesome god?
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Also, you want to you want to get jeans on the cheap? You want to get some raw denim baby, go to Ginza, hit up my boy rio.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also have a list of products I want you to import for me. I mean, you know, maybe even smuggle because it's gonna be hard to get stuff from Japan.
Speaker 2: Now then to meet Japan.
Speaker 1: Let's I am shoot, let's do this in twenty twenty six. Let's have a dude trip.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, okay, big travelog.
Speaker 2: To be clear, I will not go to Japan if I can't go to Disneyland.
Speaker 5: There no this real quick, Mike, someone comes to you right now and says, here's a free trip to Japan, but you can't go to Disney you would say no, for.
Speaker 3: Real free that's different, Like yeah, he'd be at least partially for this.
Speaker 5: He pays some of his own way shows up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fine. I say it would bum you out a little bit to go to finally go to Japan and not do the thing I really want to do there the most. But if we're there.
Speaker 4: For like two weeks, I'll go to the Disney thing with you.
Speaker 2: Mine going in chat. To be clear, no one was like oh Mike. They're all like, yes, absolutely, you should go to Disney.
Speaker 3: See and this is the one that's like run by like a Japanese company, So it's like that it's own unique style.
Speaker 2: To exclusive rides. It's very nice.
Speaker 6: I would go. I would go with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you've sold me on it, especially if we're there now for what what seven weeks?
Speaker 3: Yes, weeks twenty six? Yeah, yeah, I'm bringing the family all right, get an apartment. Oh, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, what if we buy a house in Japan?
Speaker 3: Guys, it's a giant bomb Japan house.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be roommates with today Okajima.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, yeah, not like treated his bathroom like yours.
Speaker 1: We'll do we'll do a podcast together, all right, gang, I got a bunch more emails called.
Speaker 3: GB the Far East.
Speaker 1: There we go, okay, DW from Seattle, Hey, Bombinos, did you know the big titty gotcha Majong game? Majong Souls added a free single player mode that's Blatro across Majan. Don't think you uh, don't you think it's time to fire back? Giant Bomb Pond Stars. Thanks to d W from Seattle, pond is a specific thing in Majong. So that was funny for me. Uh yeah, I'm gonna go investigate. Don't worry a gang, you.
Speaker 2: Do the recon work.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know I already knew all this, so yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Jerry in Wisconsin rights and hey bombers for posterity. I've been trying to keep track of the games everyone and staff have collectively finished. Grubs seems to be Hella into Expedition thirty three so I'll count that too. Here's what I've got so far for games you all have completed this year? One Claire Screw two, a game about digging a hole. Do that Watching War of the World's available now exclusively on Amazon Prime. Is it exhaustible list? I'm sure I didn't miss anything. Cheers Jerry in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: All right, do we have any other possibilities here?
Speaker 4: What's everyone finished the whole game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I didn't. I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Before we went Independent Blueprints didn't finish it.
Speaker 6: I finished, yeah, okay, back Layer didn't avowed.
Speaker 2: I played their I placed the third section.
Speaker 3: It was like, I get.
Speaker 4: I will finish, will be one of them.
Speaker 2: Everyone else didn't get on my two point museum train, even though they're adding retro arcade you can build into your museums there soon.
Speaker 3: I quit one, and everyone beat Mine's Eye twice.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of us played. I was first Scare three plus four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but can you finish that game?
Speaker 2: Normal?
Speaker 3: Girls? You know? Okay? I didn't.
Speaker 2: Doomed the Dark Ages. I'm only halfway through that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta you gotta operate on me. Yeah?
Speaker 6: What have you beaten this year?
Speaker 3: Claire obscure grim Fan Dango Remastered. Didn't want to beat that this year other than me me, give me.
Speaker 2: A couple of hours. I get through that.
Speaker 3: I did play more Double seven, Everything or Nothing Yesterdayycle game. I think that's up next. Actually that's the next question. Excellent.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need everyone to look at the email document right here.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do grand reveal.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this one comes from Oh gosh, I forgot their name.
Speaker 2: I didn't write it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry emailer, but they write in highdooters. On the last voicemail dump Truck, someone called in to say they missedook someone for Jeff Backlar. I actually work with a guy who also looks like Jeff Backlam.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: He works as an IT consultant in Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I even showed my colleague the picture of Jeff back Lar and in his words, oh man, he does look like me. Behold is everyone looking?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I don't see anything there, right, because you're gonna do grand reveal. That's from Australia. Put a put a hat on him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guy looks like me.
Speaker 2: Looks like yeah, yep, I got nothing to say.
Speaker 3: It does look like me, good job. So have you ever done any like twenty three and me? Bullshit? And like seem like where your lineage just from?
Speaker 4: Okay, now I know I know what it is you tap.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll tell you what chin isn't as strong as yours?
Speaker 3: Well, and that goes without saying. But yes, he's kind of using the slightly more round faced me face, you know, like this is me Australia. I mean me as in the Nintendo me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a good looking guy.
Speaker 1: I'll pull up the photo for folks at home while we read the next email. Uh, let's skip that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where is your hat though?
Speaker 3: Bud?
Speaker 1: All right, all right there we we don't need to always do every single food email. I'm kind of getting tired of it. Okay, this one comes from Casey from North Carolina. Hey, y'all, I frequently listened to the BombCast while cutting my grass. What's everyone's lawnmowing situation? Jeff and Jeff are dads and are constitutionally required to cut grass. Dan probably hire someone for safety purposes, doesn't have a lo our, Jan doesn't have a lot, And Mike's grass is probably seven feet tall because he's a wizard. Thanks for all the hard work. Love you guys. Ac from North Carolina.
Speaker 5: You could deliver a lawnmower to me with filled with gas and put a gun in my head and simo with the lawn.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't know the first step.
Speaker 3: You don't know, they'll pull on the thing.
Speaker 5: I've seen it happen, but like I did it a few times when I was like twelve.
Speaker 2: Or thirteen, this isn't surprising.
Speaker 6: I'm sure lawnmower tech is different now. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not suppose he doesn't do it, But no, it's not different. Well, I guess you can an electronic one. I had an electric one, which is even easier. You're happy with that, h No, I got a cheap one, so I was not happy with that. I think had I gone up one step, I would have been. But I am happy still with the robot, which is what I have now. People I got, I got Pepo. Yeah, people's out there mowing the lawn and it's been great. I've had to replace the blades once, which I thought I'd have to do a lot more frequently. You can kind of tell the grasses like looking a little bit shaggy after a moment say, Okay, I got to replace these blades and they're just timely blades and I got a fuck ton of them and so they should last me forever. And it's it's just really solid does the trick. And I like being out there while it's doing. I'll work on some other stuff. I'll do some weeding and things like that, so I'm still tending the lawn while it's doing its thing. But the grass has never never looked better it's been. Really it does this really great thing of like it'll continue its path like across the sidewalk, so it makes my front yard just look like this really like one continuous thing in a really satisfying way without me having to kind of like perfectly line it up and get precious about it. It just does it because it's a robot. So yeah, I'm happy with it.
Speaker 2: How long does the robbit last?
Speaker 3: So it lasts enough to do three quarters of my entire front side and backyard now. But I did get a second battery because I got the sweeping kit, which is the thing that will sweep up the grass cookings if I want. But that so that comes with the secondary battery that you could slide into and there's another slot in there and that charges the weeping motion. But a lot of times I don't sweep because I just it's tiny little clippings that'll be good for the yard to kind of decompose in there. So it just runs for forever now and it's and it charges, you know, it goes on its dock, charges underneath my steps, gets ready to go for the next day. So every day it's ready to go, and we kind of run it almost every day.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 4: What do you do, Mike?
Speaker 2: I I pay people to do it. I found an app where I could just schedule a person and I don't have to talk to them, act with them, and just be without me knowing. I found me cut my grass, do it once every two weeks. It's not that expensive. I was doing it here for a bit. I think I tried to tell myself I liked it, like, oh, it's actually relaxing, and I like listening to my podcast actions is great. I didn't like it, and I really like having someone else do it for me. I feel a bit a bit like a dirt bag sometimes because since I don't know, it's like I'm a homeowner and I, you know, should cut my grass. Other people do. Uh, there's landscaping in my family, DNA and all that. But oh, I love I love paying that guy to do it. It's so nice. What do you mean you got to lay it off on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you watch him through them through the blinds and you're just like that?
Speaker 2: But I just love coming home and like I ran it, did an air and come home and my grass is cut.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what, they do a much better job than I am.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's either that or goats.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, goats, And you know, I assume they had the poop somewhere and I don't want to know pellets that hardly count. Yeah, so I need another animal to eat the goat poop. But then when you have a dog, right, this is like that mouse that ate a muffin or whatever it was, a mouse ate a muffin the mouse cookie? Yeah, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: His children's literature? Yeah, it's expensive though, I mean, I'm with you, Mike. It's definitely was the way to go.
Speaker 3: But it's it adds up.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too bad. I guess I'll just say what the tippinger thing? I think it's about sixty dollars for everyone. Again, I do it every two weeks, so I guess for a month.
Speaker 3: How much I pay. Mike's yards not huge, but deeper than you would expect.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing too. Yeah, it's not a giant yard. It's like wide though, right so sea wide. It's very deep. The other thing is it gets kind of wet back there. Sometimes I don't want having to deal with it right on?
Speaker 5: Can I just direct people to what's happening on the Twitch stream right now? Is doing God's work over here?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Describe it for the audio listeners?
Speaker 1: What the.
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 3: Jin? Yes, I don't notice any difference, just all just looks familiar to me. The lawnder I got is like I think Steph got it on sale, but typically it's like twelve hundred thirteen hundred, and I just it's going to pay for itself real fast. So I'm happy with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Alright.
Speaker 1: Uh, last email the show before we get to super chats Pete from Panetic.
Speaker 2: Is that what ct is?
Speaker 3: Yes? Connecticut at I'm not a Connecticut guy.
Speaker 6: I'm recovering Connecticut guy.
Speaker 4: There are places in Connecticut that are just fine.
Speaker 5: It's now I think Connecticut is fine. Yeah, it's fine, It's it's it's fine.
Speaker 1: Uh uh. Pete in Connecticut, rights and hey bomb cast. I collect a lot of different video game stuff, which I enjoy, but every once in a while I look over at my shelf and feel a pang of guilt. For instance, did I really need to buy two analog pockets or all of the versions of old Pokemon games or even the PS five pro?
Speaker 2: Just curious.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have any items that you give you they give you buyers remorse in your respective niches, whether it's coffee, Pokemon cards, Chinese handhelds, pinball machines, expensive GameCube games, or just retro games in general. Thank you for all the content, as always, Pete in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: I did just buy cad and the hat for the original Xbox and I feel good about that, So it takes a lot. I plant an ever Drive cartridge from my nes. I was like, this is cool. I can't wait to experiment with this. I just haven't, and I kind of feel, well, not so guilty that I bought the thing, because I do think it should be something I'm interested in and use, but I just haven't done it.
Speaker 5: I bought every ever drive for like every cartridge based system, and then I just wind up using my mister.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, situation.
Speaker 6: I got that stuff I bought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got that Dji the gimbal for the phone, and it's kind of a halsle to use with the phone, and I'm like, I should have just saved my money and got the Osmo instead.
Speaker 6: Those gimble things suck.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 6: That's the one where you put it in the claw and it's like, yeah, never worked.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean this one it works, okay if conditions are perfect, like if the thing is perfectly balanced and I can get in there without the goddamn clamp holding down on the volume buttons which are on the side right there. It's like, who designed these things? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I've been messing around with Hanson's Dji Osmo pocket thing and it's like that thing is really nice, but it's like eight hunderd bucks.
Speaker 4: So yeah, oh the price went up happened, Okay, Yeah, yeah, No one knows why I don't. That's it's a good question because we obviously all love dumb bullshit, and I do.
Speaker 3: Like occasionally buy stuff just to feel something.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I'm going to that Cleveland Gaming Classics soon. And I'm all right, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Got a budget. What's your budget? Last time I went, I broke and I'm like, I don't know, I gotta like put my money somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I don't have a budget. I'll tell you this. I'll tell you this right now. I want all the Magnetic Legends games and I've left in their expensive and I'm I'm ready to do it if I find them there, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: So when you so, you go, okay, So, so I'm thinking, I'm thinking you're going to spend fifteen hundred bucks out there. You literally ate those words.
Speaker 3: Wait, so how m I you spent last time? Or actually? Non? Too bad?
Speaker 2: Look two times, it was like a different time before that. I don't regret you before looking. I was just looking. Hasn't gone down and pray yet, that's fine, that's fine. I remember how much he's spent on Cuba wore five hundred dollars. Yeah, oh Dan, yeah, Dan, h yeah. That was keeping Cheapy Robo, which I spent two fifty on has been has gone down in price as midge to two hundred. But that's I'm not like how many MegaMan Legends Maga I just won. Not too bad mega Man Legends IO and the Misadventures of tron Bond.
Speaker 3: Oh, tron Bon's expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Bankman Legends too is surprisingly expensive. Let's see it's complete price is actually it? Tron Bond, that's really insane.
Speaker 3: Trombon says, yeah, complete price is seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: And seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll take two.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I did the smirk guy think where it's like all my giant game collection that I bought was specifically in those pandemic years where all the prices were as high as possible, and that's when I bought like my entire collection. Yeah, that's the smart thing to do. Oh no, to punch out. That's that was three hundred when I bought it. It's two hundred now. So yeah yeah, but it's like again.
Speaker 2: I'm not actually buying investments here, I just I just want to have them, so I don't care whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, gang, that about does it For emails, We did get a bunch, but uh, you know, precious on time bombcatsigiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails too. Before we get to the rest of the week, like not, he hit me with some super chats if we got any.
Speaker 2: We got some super chats. Thank you so much. Everybody really appreciate you supporting us anyway you can. And this is a nice way to help us out. Ep idiot box. It's it's my birthday today. The set up well, which is can you all tell me to go to hell or something? Also, happy late or early birthday to all of you, ep idiot box.
Speaker 1: Can you please just fuck off? No one cares, but it's no, no, no, no, no no. This is a kink for them, is why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all right, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: Apply.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who make a big deal about your birthday? That's so annoying. Yeah, you think you're special. Everyone has a birthday. Wow, happy birthday.
Speaker 5: You sit on your balls. I hope you forget to charge your phone. Yoh damn. I hope you get poison ivy.
Speaker 2: I hope that you have one of those scabby boggers and you think no one's looking, so you go to pick at it a bit and then it just starts bleeding a lot. You can't do the bout and everyone notices, and I'm like, oh, your nose is pleading and please don't look at me.
Speaker 1: Ah to real Mike, I hope you're crush like someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, and you sit on your balls.
Speaker 2: Martin Halli says it was my birthday and Sunday. Can I get a you know, I mean, you know what I mean? Good job, Magic donut Man says love BombCast always a good listen. Look at that, yeah, donut.
Speaker 3: Man, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Uh, sizzling Papiya says sick Alkaline Trio hat.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, that's just my hair.
Speaker 1: Oh you talk about Yeah, that's just my both backlars are wearing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jesus Christ dead used to saying Dan after Jesus when you're when you're when.
Speaker 3: You're saying something because you're annoyed, you just say Dan automatically.
Speaker 4: It's just when you pull the rip cord on my back.
Speaker 3: It just says Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Dan to Morales says, grab your copy of Trespasser was delivered. It's true, I did.
Speaker 3: I got a message from my virtual office saying, hey, you got another thing, and there's apparently a pile of stuff there, So I'll get over there this week and pick up that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, James Blanks is it's happening. Taylor and Travis are engaged. You already talked about this at the Times. Something nice happened to.
Speaker 5: Those Google because I saw the chat, say like, have they talked about the Taylor Swift news?
Speaker 6: And I was like, what the fuck happened? And I googled it?
Speaker 5: And Google made it when you search now, congratulations, confetti and stuff.
Speaker 2: Your joke bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Roman vampire stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there it is. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And now a flaming heart comes up from the bottom and it says, and baby, that's show business for you. And there's gold Confettian stars all over the Google search page.
Speaker 2: Gosh, this really just is our royal family now, huh yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for the whites.
Speaker 4: Like I said, it's about time something good.
Speaker 2: You can't pass us off. You can't pass this one off on us. This is all of America's problem, all right, You're gonna suffer with us. Oh, zombie porn says, can't wait for grubs Ridge Racer news. You hide a something from me, Jeff, I just.
Speaker 3: Can't say anything et so well yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I need I need nothing to say. I got my zine, I got my bridge Racer type woar zine. It's awesome. Zacy Sacy Zac says, why would you assume vamp is a vampire? He's just bisexual. I never understood that.
Speaker 5: That is why his name is vamp. Yeah, right, you also a vampire, let's be clear. But that's not why he's named vamp.
Speaker 3: Right, his name vamp because he's bisexual, and that is, by.
Speaker 5: The coincidence, also a vampire. But it's got mana machine thing.
Speaker 3: So and why bisexual beings named vamp? We understand that fully and we don't need to explain it any further.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Yeah, is is vamp slang for bisexuals? What the hell?
Speaker 3: I think? I googled this trying to figure it out. I didn't didn't get any answers. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean because of metal gear, but I do that those things.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one is Burrito says I'm really behind the stream, but I'm sending a super tap for that awesome cover of Credo Trigger sewer level theme during the first break, such a classic. Yeah, turns out Crodo Trigger has very good music.
Speaker 3: It's got a sewer level. What is a club game?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got a good sewer level.
Speaker 3: That's just a video game thing.
Speaker 2: It turns out, Martin Holli says, last question, what are your favorite weekend treat meals to make? Oh? That's it. I was, yeah, I do. I do go eat out a lot on the weekend. I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jan, you get a burrito on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Boys, I made I may I'd made this a while back, but I made like a pork red goo, the whole ship obviously dripping in it like a slag.
Speaker 2: Go all right, cook for us.
Speaker 3: When you're extremely busy.
Speaker 1: When we're on trips, we question, yeah, oh no, last place we stayed, I did have a kitchen. Actually no, well you're busy.
Speaker 3: We're busy, I think extremely busy.
Speaker 4: But weekends are shake uh smoothie days in my house. I make smoothie Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 3: And I'm eating a lot of kim chie, but I want to get some smoothie action in there.
Speaker 5: Bunk brought me some cheese from games Calm from Germany, so I've just on some triskets and stuff that's contraband. No, no, you were cheesing if it's like sealed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we we We actually looked into this heavily. Last time because we were at that cheese shop.
Speaker 5: They took it out of my bag. It'll show up on a thing. But as long as it's like a sealed cheese thing with meat and stuff, you can't do.
Speaker 6: But cheese is loose.
Speaker 3: Pocket cheese is not okay?
Speaker 4: Is that unwrapped cheese in your pants?
Speaker 3: Served?
Speaker 1: Speaking about a weekend treats, I don't have like a Sonic near me, the fast food place the driving, yeah, but I have one maybe that's like an hour and a half away that I may have to come across this weekend. And I saw that they have like a really long hot dog and I wanted.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, the extra long cheese cone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just realized something.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: I was at an amusement park around here and they had cheese curd stands, and I remember pointing out to a bunch of Minnesota's that like, oh, you know, this is very Minnesota. You wouldn't see a cheese curd stand at a six Flags in you know, Georgia or Colorado or something. And they were surprised, and I was like, yeah, yeah, cheese curds very much of Minnesota Wisconsin thing. But then I realized Sonic driving growing up in Kansas City, they were just called Chad ur Bites, and it was basically those are.
Speaker 3: Just nowhere else Yeah, it's just they're everywhere in Minnesota, Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me, they just call him different things elsewhere, like justirts.
Speaker 3: Are more common in the northern and Midwest, but they still show up everywhere.
Speaker 2: All right. Oh, I like to get ARB's on the weekend dirty thirty s. It's never been on the back of our stuff Rogan train, but I'm watching the studio on Tim Apple's Apple TV. The resemblance is unreal.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yeah, it's fine. I mean, what do I do at this point?
Speaker 4: He looks like me. I was born first, and that's it. It could have gone either way for us.
Speaker 2: We got we had one more squeak in here from last geek, Hi, Jeff, I hope you're having a good day. Did not specify which, Jeff, So you have to fight amongst yourselves on who thank you last.
Speaker 5: I want Backard to have it. I want my claimed it first. I get that ten right. Can you disperse that to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to called it.
Speaker 4: But going back to selfishly the Rogans, I think I really need to develop a good Sethrogan impression.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a scar that just makes it clear that you're not Seth Rogen. Yeah I could.
Speaker 4: I could mutilate my face. Yeah, I just I I have never really worked on one, so I'm gonna try, and I'm going to try and work on one.
Speaker 1: Can you do a laugh just like a workshop will laugh right now?
Speaker 2: That's something like that. I don't know. Yeah, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Can we do a thing real quick where we recommend people go watch stuff or look at something that's not a game? Sure, thank you for your ppression. How comedy was destroyed by an anti reality doomsday call on the Elephant Graveyards YouTube channel. That was really good. It's a lot of stuff that's like I've always like been like, yeah, this is how I felt. But it was nice to get the sense that like, oh, a million people have watched this and agree comedy sucks right now because of Joe Rogan and that kill Tony idiot. And then you go into comments and there's just like a million people going, I just miss Norm. I'm kind of glad Norm's not here to see it like this, and it's like, okay, I it feels like shit's healing a little bit, and it's happening in videos like this. It's an hour and a half. It's a good watch.
Speaker 4: The recent the recent Twitch bought stuff has me like putting on a tinfoil hat.
Speaker 2: What's about which stuff?
Speaker 4: There's just like been a a culling of like Twitch bought viewers, you know, like you know, people fit inflating like a Twitch stream numbers, right, and I feel like and then you look at like what's popular on pog and you're just like, how is like some of these podcasts?
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: Again, maybe I am you know, reaching too far, but I gotta think. I know, Twitch is probably the most bodied platform, right, but I kind of imagine some of that it flows over into YouTube and some of this other shit d to.
Speaker 3: Purge recently, right, Yeah, because I saw that in my both of our channels.
Speaker 4: Flaming, flaming, you know, fanning the flames of the the sort of thing you're talking about there, grub for sure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Johnson is a stand up comedian. I really like him a lot. He's he's fun good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's good comedy out there. It's just like, yeah, it's been poisoned by Joe Rogan Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not funny anyone else.
Speaker 5: Big Bat Meatballs is the new track from a Jane Big Justice.
Speaker 3: It's been stuck in my head Dan, Yeah, me too. I'm sorry that sucks.
Speaker 4: You guys are idiots, Like I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's funny because it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you to a point on that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not a good song, but it makes I.
Speaker 4: Watched that and I'm just like, I feel like I have a concussion when I watched it like that.
Speaker 1: We all can agree that it's insane that Bobby Flay replaced Tiffany Darry on his Titan show. Right, Yeah, Tiffany dere.
Speaker 3: To understand what's happening.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: I got a real one. It's look up.
Speaker 5: It's a five minute clip on YouTube and it just titled Alien Resurrection Ripley's basketball scene and it's a it's a part where they're talking about the scene an alien resurrection or Sigourney Weaver really wanted to make this shot over her back for this thing, and they all wanted to see g it or rig it up or something, and she was like, really, fighting for it, and they gave her like one shot to do it, and she nailed it. And it's like Ron Pearlman and all them talking about how it's the coolest ship like.
Speaker 3: Love reactions, right, yeah, like they are all their faces like when she does it, she doesn't.
Speaker 5: Ron is a holy fucking she went great cool, nothing but net so fucking cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's so cool, She's the best. Yes, Si Gourney Weaver, Yeah, shouts the Galaxy quest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One other one we'll quick Only the brave is Joe Joseph Kaczinski. He's the guy that did Top Gun Maverick and he did f one. This is a movie from a couple of years ago. It's about firefighters. That one's pretty good as well. That's a hell of a dad movie right there. So if you like my dad movie list, go check that out on letterbox and get that movie on there as well.
Speaker 1: You know what, Fargo, that's a good movie.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I didn't watch that.
Speaker 1: Recently at all.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Fargo's fantastic.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, what have we got going on for the rest of this week? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Gamester Mornings Poppin' all right, Grub.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right, back Beck. Actually, we have a Matt Piscatel on the show tomorrow because the new number should be out, so we'll be hanging out with Matt on the show. Then.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to look over this Arkana report.
Speaker 2: Jeff and I were gonna play Kirby co op with the new expansions then because we just assumed that. But he's something we could do, and then realized, no, you can't play online co op with the If I.
Speaker 3: If I did drive your house, would you want to do it co op locally Thursday? Kind of? I could maybe make that work.
Speaker 5: If you want to come here, sure, we should all find a Mike's place to play for surprise Mike.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm going this week. Uh. Blake Club continues. Jeff Passer continues tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I hope I finish it tomorrow because I'm I think that would be perfect for this game. Three strong episodes and then get onto Mike's game. But we'll see, we'll see what happen.
Speaker 2: You're on Pace two.
Speaker 5: I think, Okay, I don't know a lot about Mike's game, but I did help with the costume with Grub and that I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna want to miss it.
Speaker 2: Two things I would like to promote. Are we done with the content?
Speaker 1: No, there's so much content back a.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm saying for? Like that you were talking about right here now? Oh yeah? Okay, okay, cool? Two things.
Speaker 4: Go to the website giant bomb dot com and you have to log in, And I want you to log in because we.
Speaker 3: Need you to join.
Speaker 4: The revolution and opt in so that we can carry your user data and information over to our brand new website, which I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's like done already. Yeah, it's like Metroid Prime four totally.
Speaker 4: Chuck is gonna slap this shit out of me next time I say it. No, but please do that. Make sure you log in and make sure you opt in if you are cool with doing so, so that we can bring your account over to the new site. It's as simple as that. We're not going to shut up about this for the next great while, so until this new site does launch later this year, we're gonna be asking you to do this pretty regularly, so please do us the favor. Go to the website, log in, and click on all the necessary buttons and whatnot to preserve your giant bomb legacy. Do it for posterity, do it, Save the Internet, transfer your account over that's save.
Speaker 1: The Internet, Save your account. Save the Cheerleader, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Save the Empire. Listen.
Speaker 3: The second thing I'd like.
Speaker 4: To promote is more personal, my wife. I would like to promote my wife, your wife, if you I would like to promote a magazine. That's right, folks, they've done wrote an article about my wife. The Producer's Guild of America in produced by Magazine, which apparently is a magazine you can buy in a physical form or you could read about it on the internet. They did a whole profile on her. It's super sick.
Speaker 3: It was looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very it's very impressive looking. I'm very proud of her. She's very cool. She's a lot cooler than I am. So so if you, you know, want to spend a minute and read that article on the website, go for it's producers Guild dot org. And I just wanted to say that I'm very proud of her and it's super cool.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, moving continue on with the rest of the we grub Menati. Whether or not Grub shows up at Minate's house. We'll figure out something else to do on Thursday afternoon because we're moving the voicemail dump truck to Friday and we'll have upf before then. Grubb will continue to play through through skies of Arcadia and we'll try and on Friday we'll try and get a quick look in the can anything girl's popping off boards.
Speaker 2: You know, Monday is Labor Day, so yeah, we're gonna have that day off, but I might I might still pop in and maybe continue my SIEV play through. I think I'm gonna have some time to do that, and I'll move Mega Man to a wagon man will do that on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Y yes, yes, And this weekend is packs West once again. Go visit our friends over at MS. I tell them we sent you. Do not yell mobo at them, or do ye that maybe mobo at them.
Speaker 2: We're not responsible and jimp.
Speaker 1: That won't get you entered into the their contest. But just tell them we sent you, and then you'll get entered in. You could win some fun goodness.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I think that bout does it for this week's BombCast. We'll see you next week for another episode. He's been Jeff he's been Jeff. He's been Australian Jeff. He's been Mike, he's been Dan. I've been Dan, and you at home have been gorgeous. Everything's working, This kin cares going great.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week for the other episode all of the Giant podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Bye nos Jipple