Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. With two shows left. Come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's ride right. What day is it? Oh? Yeah, how could I forget?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's Thursday, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky Throwback Thursday. Everybody last Throwback Thursday of the year. Of course, Radio Wizard has something cutesy in there, like the songs they got the most votes on the year, So I'm sort of a you know, this will be the year long champion for Throwback Thursday, so I'm gonna get you voting on that all morning long on the world famous Rob Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. But it's also the second last show of the year, the last read my lips of the year, and the last time Tessa's gonna play. So it's Alex taking on Tessa. And that was the true rotation of the game. So that's coming up at a twenty. I need you guys to send me your word suggestions. But does it get any bigger? Adam the Cop Josh the Goat taking on one another today.
Speaker 1: I'm this matchup is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You couldn't ask for a better matchup going into tomorrow's championship game. This is must listen to radio with these two going at it. So that's gonna happen at around six twenty. I'll give you the full line up in just a little bit ten percent chance of rain. I mean, nice day today, partly Claudi's guys high of sixty seven. We're back on track. This is what we should be getting on December nineteenth. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning home room. So a Federal Reserve charage. Rome Powell said there will be fewer cuts next year, and then that set the stock market plummeting. So he revealed the latest move by the Fed yesterday announcing there would be another twenty five basis points production in the interest rate. And when he said that, it shook up Wall Street. So the Dow Jones fell around eleven hundred points. That's the largest drops into August. So that's a pretty big story as far as money goes. And then the massive bill to fund government fell apart.
Speaker 1: Something for this, yeah, I do so this go ahead.
Speaker 4: The massive stop gap spending bill given to House members on Tuesday night for a possible vote late last night, appears to be dead. Okay, so this was like a fifteen hundred page bill. It's done. It won't be brought to a vote. So there's and talk about legislators about you know, finding a resolution before the inevitable government shutdown. All right, This is one of the stranger finds that the NFL has doled out. Cincinnati Bengals running back Chase Brown has to pay the league almost twenty five hundred dollars because he jumped into a giant Salvation Army kettle during a touchdown celebration. Guy's we seen this before. We've seen this before. Ezekiel Elliott wasn't fine for doing it in twenty sixteen, but then when he did it again in twenty eighteen, they find him. So, I don't know. It happened during Monday night. It's for unsportsmanlike conduct when it brings attention to a charity, to Salvation Armies. So here for a celebration, right right. Chase had no idea he would get in trouble for it. He was shocked, he asked. They asked him, like, oh, hey, is it worth it? He's like no, I definitely don't make enough money for that crap.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Not all Christmas content has to be romantic or schmaltzy or fattening. If you're getting into those baking shows, that's it. That is so we could all use a good laugh around the holidays. With that in mind, we have the fourteen best Saturday Night Life Christmas sketches. This is all according to People magazine. You got the D in the box, the P in the box. Oh that's number one. Yeah, that's number one. I wish it was Christmas Today. Best Christmas Ever featuring Matt Damon, Home for the Holidays featuring Eddie Murphy, and.
Speaker 1: Then oh Sweaty Balls made the list. Oh h Sweaty Balls that when they're on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yes, that one's really funny.
Speaker 3: That's a Christmas when that goes all the way back to ninety eight. So there's a top like fifteen or so, and you can see all the sketches we got to link up perfect, perfect.
Speaker 4: Get over that if you want to laugh. Okay. We have heard nothing from Dave Groll after he announced that he had fathered a child outside of his marriage, while his eighteen year old daughter Violet, she's been busy at work on an album. According to the Hollywood Reporter. She is working on something. They say her music as fantastic. Performed at some of these live events, at some of these charity events and some of these tributes, and you know she's noted to have this like really nice tone. She's kind of a raspy voice, and you know she's kind of been in the spotlight because of her dad is so yeah, she's working from on songs, working on album. We can check that out on the music blog page.
Speaker 6: Those are Houston's headline, Go ahead, Alex on Thursday Night football, Justin Herbert and the Chargers host Bo Nix and the Broncos. Chargers are three point favorites and that one kickoff is at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video.
Speaker 1: It's bowl season in college football.
Speaker 6: Last night James Madison beat Western Kentucky in the Boco Ratan Bowl and UNLV top to Cal twenty four to thirteen to win the LA Bowl. Tonight, just one game on the schedule. Sam Houston's gonna play Georgia Southern in the New Orleans Bowl and I'll start at six o'clock. You can watch that on ESPN two. The College ball playoffs starts tomorrow night with Indiana taking on Notre Dame in basketball. Rockets are back and acts and tonight they're gonna host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center, tip offs at seven, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: Four hours of Pain starts right now. First phone call, Come get it. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get it started? Seven one three two win two five nine four five. Guys, strap yourselves in man, just Homeroom alone is gonna be busier than every other morning show, the ones that are left uh here in the city. Seven one three two win two five nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Bud is Good Morning, rod Ryan's show right on Chili Peppers that we are off and running.
Speaker 1: Four hours of pain.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go quick, and I can't wait to get into this fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: I've already said it man, Adam the Cop, Josh the Goat. I don't know anybody making a prediction here or not. I don't want to be that guy. Like this one. I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: It's just it's impossible, is it. Adam the CoP's turn. He's a six time Hall of Famer. Josh the Goats won it twice, Hall of Famer thirteen times.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean this is Adam needs to play the game of his life. Know why wouldn't you tune in to listen to that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: So that's coming up in just a little bit, all right. Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets early.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, I saw a bunch of you already. Hit me up. You're sending me your read my lips.
Speaker 3: It's last game of the year, last game for Tessa Read my lips at eight twenty for DEPTNES tickets seventy of your word suggestions email me.
Speaker 1: Directly rot at the buzz dot com. What kids nap?
Speaker 4: Time for the first bone call of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is Albert, I think right, Hey Albert, good morning.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not Albert boom bom bom bomb.
Speaker 3: This is the guy that CHILEI thought was from the Turkey tribe. Oh yeah, it's like, uh, I believe it was the Cherokee tribe.
Speaker 1: Well, his line's not working. So I'm gonna have to move on.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to go, oh, I'm not hearing anybody, as a matter of fact, that's good, before they go, oh yeah, that's not.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a bad thing. Hey, Jay, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Well, we gotta get that figured out, don't we.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, all right, this is why well, this is the other reason why we do the first phone call of the day. Well, sound check one two, let me see we put them on hold. Let me try the other side. I'm gonna try putting it in rice. Yeah, good idea. Can you hear me? Sugar honey iced tea? Okay, this is yeah, this is scary.
Speaker 4: Chili.
Speaker 1: You might want to get in here. Good morning rod Ryan's show phones. Oh my god, this is scaring me big time. Okay, Hey, Chili, can you hear me? Are we on the radio? Are we on the air? Did that last Chili Pepper song even play?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can hear you?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can. You can hear phone callers, right, I.
Speaker 8: Can hear them?
Speaker 1: More money and everything.
Speaker 8: I checked yours when I went in there earlier, and everything was set up.
Speaker 1: So you might want to just restart this computer.
Speaker 8: Not the computer, just the X screen, the phone.
Speaker 1: Jiggle the cord. Yeah, good call. Okay, give it the good old shock or see if it works. Okay, I'm going to do this. Pay control of delete, all right. So it comes up and it says there's sunny ninety nine point one phones.
Speaker 8: Now now you want to go to the studio Studio A.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Austin Studio A fort Worth, and we want to go to Houston TBZ.
Speaker 1: I can bring up Birmingham's phone. Okay, now Alabama.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I did this this morning and I did it too twice, so it's a third time. Okay, we'll go Albert, Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Are you doing well? Holy crappy jiggle the cord jig of the court, Albert. I have to make this the quickest phone call in the world, but I already kind of set it up. You're from the Cherokee tribe, correct, Yes.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 9: I wanted to call and discuss I have a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: For the hype man. Oh you got could please share with me because I can't seem to get Alex and him in the same right at the same time. Well, it's not what you think.
Speaker 9: I was watching the peep show there a couple of weeks ago, and I just happened to press the mute button and I came, I came out of this trance. I thought it looked a little bit like Alex.
Speaker 8: But it's chili.
Speaker 9: It's got to be chilly is exactly a lie. And you and you, and you understand, you understand that there is a pronunciation issue on some of the words. That's a little bit of that Spanish coming out. Sometimes you don't you don't know it. Yeah, you don't know it's chilly because he puts you in a trance whenever he puts whenever he brings that tone out. And Alex has a conversation with him in the hallway every day, so it can be ally so.
Speaker 1: Interesting that trance too.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing here is in albert this is a real unique take on this because the thing that I have heard most is, rod, have you considered ever Alex and the hype man being the same person? That seems to be a very popular conspiracy theory. But you coming at me with it's chili. They are twins identical that that kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: That might play. But I feel like I see chili, you don't could be a body.
Speaker 9: You don't know it's him, You don't you don't know it's him because it puts you in a trance with that tone that he does that I'm feeling muted it and I was like, oh god, that's Chili.
Speaker 6: What's he going in it?
Speaker 9: And then I've turned the bony back up and I was like, okay, now where did Chili go?
Speaker 1: Like, we have you to do this. This is a great point, Albert, thank you so much. Man, Merry Christmas. I'm sorry to cut you short. We should look into this. I gotta go because we're you know, we have to fix the radio station. While we're live on the air, Buzz Rock and Al Tearing the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five of the buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: All right, a little behind six twenty five partly Claude ten percent chance.
Speaker 1: Of rain heives sixty seven. Quickly, what's trending? You're looking at?
Speaker 4: Girls blog page has Rihanna asking Mariah Carrey for an autograph. She wants to Riah, Yeah, she wants ya to sign her boog So you got that. That's that's getting a lot of licks. Oh my god, so we just said the dirtiest thing on the show. A lot of likes, a lot of clicks, I met, I put likes and clicks together.
Speaker 1: Okay, moving on, we know what you wanted to say. We heard you.
Speaker 4: Timothy shell May is Bob Dylan. The premiere was last night for the biopic called The Complete Unknown. It was in London and Tom Cruse showed up to support Timothy. I thought that was very lovely. So that's what's trending. And then the fix Stagram Thursday, also getting a lot of clicks clicks.
Speaker 1: On ninety five walking back victory speeches, I sure do. Okay, good lording, this is out on the top.
Speaker 10: A bit in your fresh out of bed head, the head turning in the Champions into the final four. Abby again, I'm sorry, but I had to turn that clam power into cram chowder.
Speaker 1: Now come on Thursday.
Speaker 9: I don't pre bits.
Speaker 1: Why is the corper wet Tope or Josh the Goat?
Speaker 10: You're going down because I'm advancing into the final game Friday, so join me Thursday as I've taken down bitches.
Speaker 11: Coat Goat, Goat, goat, greatest of all tie belt goat, go oit. Spell it out, Goat, Kila Whales, Goats, EMC fails, Goat salad shoes, go to is the glue, go Plax, go red pen Case, Dudity, got Nudity, Goat.
Speaker 1: Greatest of all time.
Speaker 11: Goat, Goat g Oeiti, spell it out, Goat, don't do drugs.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: This is two time year long champion in twelve time Hall of.
Speaker 12: Famer the Goat Wow, making my way into the final four for the Tournament of Champions twenty twenty four, and Adam the cop spending in my way. My goal is to be the first and only three.
Speaker 7: Times year long championship.
Speaker 12: Two more games to go. That's what's happening this year.
Speaker 3: Fatis as someone that's going through a few resumes right now. That resume is dumb. I would pick that up in my hand. I would look at it, and I would say, that resume is dumb. It can't be true. But I've been here for all of it. So the Goats resume. It holds up.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: He cannot slide in an extra appearance or anything. Everybody knows that those are his real numbers.
Speaker 1: What else is left to say? Man, A great matchup is two minutes away, wishing every one of you a peaceful holiday season, even though we really know how it's probably gonna go. This is the Ron nine shown.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Blur song two.
Speaker 1: I told you two minutes and we'll be back at you.
Speaker 3: Ready to go partly Claude Skuy's ten percent chance of rain high of sixty seven.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. I cannot wait for this game and now each.
Speaker 13: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge the listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Adam the cop with the shot heard around the world. Big year for you, dude, Congratulations, I'm getting at this far Man.
Speaker 12: Good morning, brother, Ron.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Did you email me last night? Late?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 1: Did I email you back?
Speaker 14: Late?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Who does that?
Speaker 3: Okay, you send an email to every single radio hosted America that hosts the morning show.
Speaker 1: At eight o'clock at night. If you get an email back boom, I'll give you a hundred bucks. Okay, it ain't happened. He sent me an email.
Speaker 3: I just happened to because I'm it's crunch time getting everything ready for vacation.
Speaker 1: So I saw his email come through, and you know you've been thinking about this game a little bit, a little bit six times, buddy.
Speaker 10: I mean from the drove, we knew what was gonna come.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Josh going to be tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you knew. You kind of knew what your road looked like. Your friend Alys did that to you. I didn't do that on Well, let's play it again.
Speaker 11: Goat, Goat, Goat, goat, greatest of all ties, Goat, oit, spell it out. Goat, killer whales, goats, evic fails, goat, selad shoes, go to test the glue, go fastlakes, go red, pencase, dud t, go said nudity, Goat.
Speaker 1: Greatest of all time.
Speaker 11: Goat, Goat, g oeit, spell it out, goat, don't do drugs.
Speaker 1: There he is right there.
Speaker 3: Two time Hall of Famer, the greatest player that's ever played the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Josh, good morning, Good morning ride. So we know that you've won it all two times.
Speaker 3: How many times have you been I mean, you know offhand how many times you've been in the Final four.
Speaker 12: I think it's nine times in the Final four.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't know that. I didn't know.
Speaker 12: Sixth appearances, sixth appearances in the final game.
Speaker 1: Wow, trying to make it so unbelievable. Unbelievable numbers. I don't know if Adam needed.
Speaker 7: To hear that, but.
Speaker 15: I mean nine times in the final four, I means fast at seven times, we're about to make it eight.
Speaker 1: Good point, Adam.
Speaker 7: The cop.
Speaker 1: That was, like, what have been reading Killer Cody's book?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: One thing left, one thing left to do, and then let's get into it. What look, Adam, everybody, big deep breath. This really has a last game of the year feel to it.
Speaker 1: It does like it really does. It's like when the AFC or the NFC Championship game. You know you've got like these two amazing teams and you're like, this is kind of.
Speaker 3: Like a Super Bowl already. You know it's got that feeling. Here we go, shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, we're listening for Adam or listening for Josh. What do you place your gifts under this?
Speaker 1: Adam? Adam Christmas tree? It's a correct answer. What do you place your gifts under this holiday season? Christmas tree? Adam? Both are quick?
Speaker 12: What's fast?
Speaker 1: Adam with the square?
Speaker 3: Next question, Adam and Josh, what season involves refunds.
Speaker 1: Adam Adam.
Speaker 4: Tech season.
Speaker 1: Two questions to answers, who.
Speaker 4: Give me a game gun, Holy, you have tilling son of a gun?
Speaker 1: What season involves refunds and paying the government tax season? Correct answer? Wow, the cold barely got that. Oh why Wow, guys, that was crazy. I thought we were using nine questions today.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 4: I was ready. I was ready to just throw that sheet away as an listen.
Speaker 3: I wasn't going to share what the email involved, Okay, But because Adam wins the game, he emails me late last night and he said, Rod, I gotta tell you, facing Josh the Coat is worse than any Game five ever at any point in anyone's life.
Speaker 1: Is respect for the goat? He had mad mad respect. You were in his head Josh late last night. So we didn't blow Josh away on any of those. He just beat him. And that was so freaking fast. They both got in quick on both of those questions. Josh, you're the greatest of all time. Many thank you, thank you. Adam. Wow, Wow, it's right Adam and Cody Cody the Killer, And then Adam went, Adam, the Kablu hunts Hoggs.
Speaker 3: You you needed to play the game of your life. You played the game of your life today. It's your greatest game ever. I don't care what it's done. It's your greatest game that you've ever played. You're a six time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 16: Wow, actually five times.
Speaker 9: We did have that one wrong when the married It's only five times.
Speaker 3: Okay, so five times. Still, it's the best game you've ever played. To Congratulations.
Speaker 4: You needed to Yeah, you needed to play the best game.
Speaker 1: Have you heard what Cody's been doing.
Speaker 16: He's been on fire.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna have to do I'm gonna have to do this all over a game, right, I've got to do it back to back.
Speaker 1: Nody has been doing what you just did. Tomorrow's matchup is dumb. First time champion, You're guaranteed the first time champion. Yeah, there'll be new there will be a brand new new blood Champion of the Year.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna win the Plan of Fitness membership in the one thousand dollars cash. It's gonna be Adam. And you know, Cody, I know you're listening. You need to do that, and we need to get a lot of questions ready for tomorrow.
Speaker 17: Hang on now, twenty years so mayhem in the morning with the run Ryan Show only ninety four five to.
Speaker 3: Bus ninety four five bus, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show on Lincoln Park crawling and then man one hell of a freshot of bad head to head game before that. Guys, this is so fun you get I'm a little out of breath.
Speaker 13: I'm so excited, a fresh out of bad head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 15: Cowmanning everybody. This is Oudam, the cop that's right out of the coup, dancing into the final game of the year, just.
Speaker 16: Taking out shosh to coat.
Speaker 1: Put the shot.
Speaker 15: That's what I just did. I hope you hurt that CURDI because I'm coming for you.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 15: Join us tomorrow Friday for the last show of the year, last h of the year, last of tyssive questions. We're getting it done and I'm winning it all bitches.
Speaker 1: He sounded exhausted at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: He's so amped up.
Speaker 3: He was a little winded. I am currently winded. I don't know what's going on right now. I mean, that's why I don't have an Apple Watch. It would like it would have flown off my wrist. These are great games, guys. Thank you so much for providing us. This is what you guys do.
Speaker 1: This is you providing us with the.
Speaker 3: Entertainment in the morning. And if you don't think that I use the energy that you guys put into the as my fuel for the day, it really is. I mean, you guys are just as much as part of this as is what we do here. And that's the beauty of this stupid game that we play every morning. Tomorrow's gonna be amazing. I cannot wait for the last game of the year. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 18: It's the fuck that's to the day. We make you look smart and funny, every buddy's it's the.
Speaker 1: Fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 16: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's brought us some fun. Fat hayl good morning. Did you ever watch South Park? Like, did you ever like on the reg watch it? The kids were so yeah yeah yeah by default.
Speaker 3: So apparently it was only the first six seasons of South Park that Kenny died in almost every single episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they stopped.
Speaker 3: Making it a regular bit like twenty years ago, okay, but they still off him every now and then. So if you've ever sat around and wondered how many times Kenny has died. The answer, according to slash Film, is one twenty eight Here we go, and this is really cumulative ninety eight times in the regular series, fourteen times and specials in shorts, twice in the movie South Park, figure longer and uncut.
Speaker 1: And fourteen times in video games. That's every time Kenny was killed.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The word oxymoron is an oxy moron.
Speaker 12: That is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a combination of Greek words oxy meaning sharp and keen, and.
Speaker 1: Moron meaning well, we know what moron is, but technically dull and stupid. That's neat. Oxy Moron is an oxy moron.
Speaker 8: How interesting?
Speaker 1: Water inside the puffer fish.
Speaker 4: I just throw back bubble face.
Speaker 1: Uh. Pez candies Uh get their name from the German word feferments sferments, Oh bless you means peppermint thank you, since that was the original flavor, flavor with a P.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess there's no more reactions. The sappermenting my way through the show to the last drop.
Speaker 18: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, your buddies, It's the back to the Day.
Speaker 1: Is there any question the show is live? What do you give it away?
Speaker 4: Speak from the first focal okay, okay, I've got a pair of tickets to see the Transitarian Orchestra on the Loss of Christmas Eve Tour going down until you hada centered December twenty six.
Speaker 7: All right, your fun.
Speaker 1: What do puffer fish?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: That was yesterday? Today's fun facts? What company.
Speaker 3: Uses as the name of their company uses a combination of words durability, reliability, and excellence. What is the company that that mashed that all together for their names? Seven one, three, two, nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout within your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there's my guy boy. It was a big day on Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 3: Feds feds and beds and drops and rates and hikes and things.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: I can't even believe you let me in here?
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Dow was down one thousand, one hundred.
Speaker 14: And twenty three points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and three twenty six, nas down, Nasdaq down seven hundred and sixteen points were nineteen thousand and three ninety two. Benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point five three percent. Oil stands at seventy dollars sixty one cents a barrel to the most act is the big studs. There was one on the Dow was United Health, the Big Duds, Amazon, Amex and Goldman Sachs. On the econom account of this morning. We'll get numbers on existing home sales for November right now. Futures look, I'm pretty good they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pausal opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Matare. This is how Allen managed director with Ramy James Ports for the rod Ryns Schew from Marimon James on Sam Fleet been Augusta know if for you get toys or rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 4: Famian's express are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Thank come Ember NYC, as IBC, I ART.
Speaker 1: Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this.
Speaker 4: Is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is or educational and informational services on the stones of Dots are based on movement as reported by youngman.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four fun the buzz.
Speaker 3: Good morning, okay, everybody, everything's got us working late today?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: Good morning. Who's on the phone boarding?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 1: Y hey Rafael, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: This company's name comes from a combination of durability, reliability, and excellence.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 3: It is d Yeah, the Directs Condom Company. Three names you want when you're really relying on that thing, durability, reliability, and excellence.
Speaker 1: What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: You're going to get a pair of tickets to go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra, a tremendous experience for the last Christmas Eve to our congrats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alix thought it's thanks for durable sex, right, and that would make sense.
Speaker 1: You thought it was durable sex? Check as close. How have you been here this long? I don't know either. Pardon Cloudy.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain? I have sixty seven today. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Amazon workers are going on strike. The Teamster say workers will begin striking at Amazon facilities across the country starting this morning. The union says it's the largest strike against Amazon in US history. Picket Lines will be going up at Amazon facilities in New York City, Atlanta, San Francisco, and the Chicago area, also three locations in southern California. The White House is criticizing President elect tromp for seeking a bipartisan funding bill that would have prevented a government shut down, Although Congress announce they'd reached a deal earlier this week to keep the government open through March. Trump release a statement that lamb lambs lambasting the bill. I don't know what that means, stopping the bill, which caused the House Republicans to reject it. White House Press secretary said Republicans need to stop playing politics with this bipartisan agreement, or they'll hurt heartworking Americans and create instability across the country. The New York Post created a list of Christmas movies and guys. So glad this list came out. It's basically which movie you should watch based on Here's Zodiac HIGNI come on for you, Alex Pisces, It's a Wonderful life is your movie ruled by dream planet Neptune. Pisces associated with film fantasy and far fun romance for you, Rod root Off the Red Nose Reindeer Virgo thrives on being underestimated, and no story encapsulates the spirit of the underdog or under deer.
Speaker 2: That way.
Speaker 1: This list makes so much. I know, okay, cancer Chili Chili. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Lindsay low and Netflix movie Falling for Christmas.
Speaker 1: She takes a lot of naps in that movie.
Speaker 4: The trailer reminds us sometimes forgetting who you are means discovering who you are, which sounds like a water sign justifying their alcohol block blackout.
Speaker 1: For me, glad I came to the show guys. Elf.
Speaker 4: Elf is the movie because libra are inclined to have difficult relationships with their fathers, and never has that dynamic been more delightfully dramatized than in the ballad a buddy of the Elf and his dad.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else going on?
Speaker 4: Harris Hilton is considering it during politics? There's a link up to this. The reality TV star spoke to The Hill yesterday after that bill she advocated it supports Atris children that was passed by the House, so Hilton said she never felt prouder in her life than after the bill's passage. When asked by a reporter she might run for office someday, Hilton said, that's hot. No, she didn't say that. She said, I can maybe see that happening. Good for her, dude, good for her. There's a new series. It's going to explore heavy metal. It's gonna debut on Hulu next year. Okay, so I've kind of been trying to read into this. Deadlines reporting that a new eight part series will debut next year. There's a working title. It's called Into the Void. It'll go behind the stage into the real lives of heavy metal icons. The series is being overseen by executive producers who created the pro wrestling documentary Dark Side of the Ring. So that one was really good, lots of scandals, mysteries and tragedies from wrestling story history. And then Evan Hunsey, who helped co create that, said, you know, new project Alert. I'm so stoked. He says he's been a fan, I'm diehard fan of metal and has always been fascinated by the boundaries between fantasy and reality. So Rod, you're definitely gonna watch this.
Speaker 1: I mean, if episode one doesn't start with Black Sabbath, then they're not doing it right. Yeah, this is where everything came from.
Speaker 4: They need to commission you to, you know, be a point person on some of this stuff anyway.
Speaker 1: Those are used in headlines I am available and I work cheap.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 6: On Thursday, N Football, Justin Herbert and the Chargers host Bo Nicks and the Broncos kickoff for that's at seven to fifteen.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on Prime Video. It's bowl season in college football.
Speaker 6: Last night, James Madison beat Western Kentucky in the Boca Raton Bowl and UNLV topp Cal twenty four to thirteen to win the LA Bowl. Tonight, Sam Houston and Georgia Southern play in the New Orleans Bowl. That'll start at six o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN two. The college football Playoff is going to start tomorrow night with Indiana taking on Notre Dame. And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center. They come into this game as nine and a half point favorites. Tip offs at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Keaston's Rock and Alternatives, The rod Ros This morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or five twenty four to five and buzz fuel and hemorrhage in my hands. Good morning, rod Ryan Show on this throwback Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah Yeah, let's do let's do song clips and let's get you a fire it up and excited about the last one of the year. I told you a wizard got cutesy. There's a reason that he put those three songs in there.
Speaker 1: Cut sy. Yeah, he had to get a little cutesie on the last one.
Speaker 3: So we've got nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs of around sixty seven today. Boy, Read my Lips is coming up at eight twenty homeroom, I've been running around like an eighth with his ass on fire. I'm gonna get to all of those emails. Keep sending me your word suggestions. Okay, what words would you like us to use? It's the last Read my Lips of the year, and then the end of an era with Tessa. It's her last game. It's her and Alex going at each other for Deptones Tickets' favorite game. So please send me those word suggestions. Email me directly, Rod at Thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Make the good.
Speaker 3: These three songs had the highest number of votes this year. They square off this morning to be one dominant winner of the year. These are the three biggest vote getters. This is my favorite, a perfect Circle song and it happens to be drummer Josh Freeze's favorite song to play, Sparshion Move and of course Maynard just being Maynard, you know, I mean, you know your buddy's with them, Alex. He hadn't played this song in years. It's about his mom. We've talked about it before. But when people were asking about, you know, is Josh Freeze, is he worthy of the job and the Foo Fighters? I directed everybody to the song and this video. I said, go watch this song. Okay, the guitars are not the star. Maynard's not the star. Josh Freeze is the star of this song. I said, He's more than worthy of taking over the drums for the Foo Fighters.
Speaker 1: Great song. It happens to be in first place right now.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 3: This is what you guys voted for this year. The biggest songs of the year. The darkness, I believe even a thing called love.
Speaker 4: I just pretend I'm Taylor Swift at the US Open.
Speaker 3: Yes, as a matter of fact, her and her boyfriend singing this song at the US open it put it back on the charts, and tongues of Little Girls discovered this song like Okay, if Taylor sings it, it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me, and it propelled the song, gave it a whole new life, great year for the Darkness. Justin Hawkins Rides Again is his podcast. It's music centric. He goes and talks about like one thing and he's really really smart when it comes to music. And obviously he can sing his ass off, but he can play guitar, and it's such an interesting thing that he has. He's found a whole new life outside of being the front man of the Darkness. You know, when you watch a podcast. I think that's why people connect with Joe Rogan so much. When I'm watching him and when he says things like Wow, you're right, you're right, Yeah it does sound like that, or yeah it should be this way.
Speaker 1: He's just really really smart.
Speaker 4: He's good verbalizing what we're all kind of thinking because of being something yeah and give putting words to it.
Speaker 1: This isn't last place, right now?
Speaker 2: What was he?
Speaker 1: What was he of the biggest vote getter this year? I blame Chili. I blame Chili for this. This was just in a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, you're telling me that.
Speaker 3: This got This was one of the biggest weeks now Chili with Chilly Bump. I know that you and your little Chili dogs all rallied to get this song to win that weeks place. But if you put this up against a perfect circle in the darkness, does this still get your vote?
Speaker 8: H bro, I'm gonna have to talkin uh, which was the perfect circle? I'm gonna go for a perfect circle. I like that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but either one.
Speaker 8: All three of them are good, So I'm happy with all three of them.
Speaker 12: See.
Speaker 3: I see now, when you listen to somebody on the radio and you disagree with them all the time, I'm gonna have to disagree.
Speaker 1: There's two good songs in here. Three. There's two. How can you not like Whey Nona's Big Brown Beaver?
Speaker 3: And one's not being played because it's because it's I just I never got it. I never got the primus thing. I get it if I if one more person emails me and tells me what an amazing bass player Less Claypool is, he is.
Speaker 1: A great I know that. So why cause I want to hear it?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a great jazz bass it. You know what, Stanley Jordan is a great bass player. We don't play him on the radio.
Speaker 8: Doing, but he is what Tom Morello is in guitar. He makes all kinds of crazy sounds on the bass guitar, just like Tom.
Speaker 1: Morello, and he sings like a cartoon. Well, ma'am, hell is that doing on my radio station?
Speaker 8: But how do you know how hard it is to play the bass and sing that serious sounds like you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, I couldn't even do it.
Speaker 1: As a bass layer. No, that's a non instrument playing.
Speaker 3: Personally and chili the stand up bass. If I could play slapping it rockabilly style. Oh dude, all right, I love that.
Speaker 1: You're the reason this song is in here and you're not even voting for it today. Well, thank you to all the chilamanias. Alight, gonna come fair enough. These are the three biggest songs of the year. Vote. The winning song is gonna be played today at nine thirty.
Speaker 17: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz listening ninety four or five to bus. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. You got a new podcast now? Alex brand new podcast, brand new.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, getting ready for the Christmas spectacular that's happened this Saturday.
Speaker 1: Everybody can come on down to that. Yeah, everybody's able to come down to that.
Speaker 6: It's at cobos Q twenty twelve Russ Street, Downtown near Minute Made or was it Dykin Park Now, Yeah, sounds weird saying it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's gonna be hard to kind of switch that. So we're gonna do that. You can watch all the football games.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go on about one thirty half times the Texans, but Texans will beyond college football, beyond. But on this week's podcast, we tried to decide we have a Christmas movie bracket we do live every year and everybody gets to vote in it when they're at the event, and we're gonna include Good Fellows on it, just because I was like, that's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: And we pleaded our case and I think I made some good points. Well, I think you know what's gonna win now, I'd like I'd like to hope that that one iHeart has won our bracket before. So if diardwin, I think Goodfellas.
Speaker 4: Definitely kid And we vote by simply hooting and hollering.
Speaker 1: You have you have cards, your.
Speaker 4: Paddles, okay, like cards and.
Speaker 1: Pummic okay, cool, but you had some like applauseo meter. Oh no, okay, tell us what's trending.
Speaker 4: Blondie confirms a new album is coming.
Speaker 1: So trending. Yeah, yeah, well breaking in trending. Wow. Yeah, Debbie Harry.
Speaker 4: There was a picture of a Debbie Harry and the producer in the studio, and she previously had teased this album's release in the past October. There's no release date, there's no title yet, but yes. Also, the TSA is reminding people like, hey, there's some stuff you cannot be bringing through security, like a lot of items being confiscated at a Denver airport. A sword that was hidden in a cane was one of the items. It's like, hey, a ninety one year old woman brought this. It was like, sir x ray, I saw that story as a chick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the.
Speaker 4: Cane concealed in the handle, the sword itself. Stun guns are also really popular and carry on, right now, you're gonna get those things taken away. Those things are definitely going to be taken away from you.
Speaker 1: I mean more relatable.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think they want you to wrap presence. I don't think they want stuff wrapped inside your luggage. Yeah, I think they like to know what's going on in there, so maybe wrap it when you get to your destination.
Speaker 4: Also on the look at a Girl's log page, which is doing really well, Carrie Underwood showed up at a local church. Imagine you're in church, right and you're going there and you're going there to do your your thoughts and your prayers and your praying, and then Carrie Underwood just shows up and she just starts to sing Christmas songs in her angelic, most beautiful, most powerful voy What a treat for that Nashville, that local church in Nashville. There, So that's one of the stories. There are lots of stuff going on, including the fixtagre of Thursday, another link that a lot of people are clicking on.
Speaker 1: So that's what's trending on that. Tough to fight those impure thoughts while you're in church when that happens. Fraud Jesus, the Baby Jesus.
Speaker 3: Movement movement in throwback Thursday, where do you think I was going? Primus jumped up to number one. Then it's now back down to number two, the Darkness, which is surprising to me. It's in third place still but a perfect circle. Hang just hanging on to that first place spot. On Throwback Thursday, you vote on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the bus dot com. You got some tickets to give away?
Speaker 2: I do so.
Speaker 4: I have a four pack of tickets to TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights celebrating Houston Zoos celebrating at thirteenth year is one of Houston's most well loved holiday traditions. I am taking my niece to this. She's gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Faller ten seven on ninety four five for those Okay, come on, come on ninety four to five Bus Offspring going away rod Ryan Show. We'll go over to the phone here then, and I got something important to talk about here, and I'm trying to get it in at the proper time here. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: This is Janelle? Hi, Janelle? How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing wonderful this morning?
Speaker 1: How are you rock? Great? Thank you for asking your caller, Ted Yay.
Speaker 9: I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you. Tessa. Would you tell Janelle which he's.
Speaker 4: One, Janelle, you get a four back of tickets to TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights. This is such a magical place, great time to do this, a place of love where Alex P professed.
Speaker 1: Loved his wife got engaged with the with the backdrop of the zoo lights.
Speaker 16: So yeah, so that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my son's gonna be so happy.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 1: Everyone else go to Houston Zoo dot org to get their tickets. I so much, guys, I love you, love you mean it when I say a Merry Christmas. How old your son? He is nine? Nine years old?
Speaker 3: Okay, this next segment, you're getting close, but I'm sure you're gonna be able to relate to this.
Speaker 1: I got a six year old. I get corrected all the time.
Speaker 4: A six and a half year old, Oh yeah, I get that half in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, Janelle, hang on for me. But you got to listen here. We could be talking about healing the world right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I'm trying to get this in because there's a good shot that there are some people, some parents that are getting ready to drop off those little jerks before school starts.
Speaker 1: Not all you know you are, So when I say those little jerks in the backseat.
Speaker 3: I mean that with all the love in the world. But what I'm asking you to do, and I don't really gear any thing on this show for kids. Okay, it's not my fault when I get into this, but I'm specifically now talking to that teenager that might still be, that might be in the back seat. You now's got a nine year old, he's getting close. I need you to do something today. I need you to do something moving forward. I need you to say thank you to your parents. I'm serious. I need you to say thank you to your parents. Everybody feels better after being on the receiving end of a thank you. There's a research paper out there at the University of Illinois and they said that kids simply saying thank you can be so incredibly important to the family dynamic, and it can make parenting feel just less stressful stressful because it's probably the most thankless job on the planet. Okay, I know everybody thinks that their job. Nobody thanks them. Everybody wants a trophy. We live in that world.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But there's one thing that's been true since day one is the parents it's a thankless job.
Speaker 1: So the paper is called a thank you really would be nice, which is funny, and it's not just about kids.
Speaker 3: It's thanking your partner. It's important to to improve your relationship. But there's really only one thank you out there on the planet that can actually improve a parent's mental health overall. And the most important person to get a thank you from is from your teenager. Yeah, I know those teenager years are going to be rough. I know, Okay, everyone tells you that. I'm sure they told you that. You're a million miles from that right now.
Speaker 12: I am too.
Speaker 1: But the way things move, you know, since l got here, how quickly has your life flashed before your eyes?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: No one's saying that a thank you from your nine year old is not great? Okay? And I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: When London thanks me when I don't, because how many times if you're a parent, what do you say?
Speaker 1: What do you say? What do you say?
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 3: You jump on them immediately because they get handed something from somebody or there's somebody say why your hair looks pretty today? Wow, what a pretty dress you have? I got to constantly what do you say?
Speaker 16: What do you say?
Speaker 1: They just don't want to say you know, I'll say, I'll tell my kid, I'm like, I love you. They'll be like a ten hour pause.
Speaker 3: But there is something that is magical about to thank you. So as there's got to be at least one teenager in the back seat getting ready to be dropped off today, you could heal the world with a thank you today.
Speaker 1: You know who needs it, most moms. Moms need.
Speaker 3: It's just it's documented. Okay, make your mom. If you can just muster up the willpower to thank one person, tell it to your mom. This study, which was very, very in depth, showing gratitude has an even bigger impact on mothers.
Speaker 1: Okay, dads know we're overlooked. We get it. We're comfortable with our station in life. We get the shaft. It just it's proven. I don't. It's time to get into it.
Speaker 3: Moms feel like they get the shaft and they need to hear it. They need to hear it from the teenagers.
Speaker 1: There's nothing more powerful than a thank you from a teen absolutely so.
Speaker 4: And they're all jerks, and I'm kidding, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: You got that, your little jerks in the animals. You tell you're dad too for good measure.
Speaker 3: But you know, when it comes time to talking about things on the show, you know, wizards like, oh, dude, you know you talked about this, and there's still a lot of kids on drinking drop.
Speaker 1: I think about that when we're talking on the show. There's still a lot of what the little kids listening to the show.
Speaker 4: Getting dropped off. Okay, so about it.
Speaker 3: You know you're talking about some penis report that came out or whatever. Okay, save that for the eight you know, save that for the eight o'clock hour. Save it for the nine o'clock hour. Most people are at work already or whatever, or it's just more adults driving into work. This one is geared towards kids right now. Thank your parents, Okay, it's so important.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot more involved in this. Thank you overall. It's a great thing. It's a great thing.
Speaker 3: And I thank you guys for now twenty one years here allowing me to come into your lives every morning. I hope it's not lost because we cover a lot of stuff and I talk fast and boom. But I don't think a show has gone by in the last twenty one years where at some point during the four hours I didn't say thank you, guys, and I mean it every time I say it. I mean it every single time I say it. It's not for lack of having things to talk about. I have never done a show where I hadn't thanked everybody for listening. Thanks for being on board today, man boom. It might go by quick, and it might feel like wallpaper, you know, when it's just like one of those things that gets mixed into everything else.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know that it comes from my heart and I really really mean it. Yeah, twenty one years now of this show man, thank you guys so much, twenty years of Mayam in.
Speaker 17: The morning with the Rod Ryan Show only ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five?
Speaker 3: Really ninety four or five buzz Giovanni and the Hired Guns at Ryan Show. On this throwback Thursday, are you taking a little bit of time to vote?
Speaker 1: The winning songs is going to be played today at nine thirty.
Speaker 3: I would like you to hit up the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Test has already several times mentioned the Looking at Girls blog page. It's big today, the throwback Thursday, I'm sorry, the Fixta Graham Thursday. So much happens on this day. It's such a busy, busy day for us, but you guys are doing a great job. I have a ton of words, but everybody wants to get a word in for the last Read my Lips of the year. So email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com if you've got something that you think we should use. Alex plays Tessa one final game. It's for Deftones tickets, so you can email me again, Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Please rockand alternative fair use to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety The Buzz Nirvana's come as you are. Thanks for having us on on this Throwback Thursday. Keep sending me your word suggestions. We are going to play Read my Lips next hour. It's Alex taking on Tesla one final time, one final game of.
Speaker 1: The year to try to win you Deptnes tickets. But I need your words. I need you to email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 3: Party Claudi's guys ad eight ten percent chance of rain high of sixty seven. All right, you finally have come to your census a little bit on Throwback Thursday too. The voting is kind of where it should be primus in last place right now. Okay, that kind of should be happening.
Speaker 1: What you got for us? One of our Houston's headlines, Please, The.
Speaker 4: Federal Reserve is lowering rates for a third time this year. The Federal Reserve chair Droom Pal says there will be fewer cuts in next year. So when he said that yesterday, the stock market kind of took a dive. Okay, so it shook up Wall Street. As he said, the fedead scaled back it's expectations for more cuts in twenty twenty five. The Dow Jones fell around eleven hundred points. That's the largest drops into August.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have the surprised that we let them mentionin it this morning? Yeah, He's like, I'm surprised you guys even opened the door.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the White House is criticizing President elect Trump for sinking a bipartisan funding bill that would have prevented.
Speaker 1: Nice Jim, thank you.
Speaker 4: Although Congress announced they'd reached a deal earlier this week to keep the government open through March, Trump released a statement that really sunk the bill, and it caused the House Republicans to reject it. White House Press Secretary said Republicans need to stop playing politics with this agreement, or they'll hardworking Americans and create instability across the country. All right, this is one of the stranger finds that the NFL has doled out. Cincinnati Bingals running back Chase Brown has to pay the league fifty four hundred dollars for jumping into a giant Salvation Army kettle.
Speaker 1: You know what I missed about this story?
Speaker 3: Tell me when I first read it, the word giant, Like, how are you gonna jump inside of one of those kettles that's outside of targage? Well, but you think Salvation Army kettle. We all seen them outside of store.
Speaker 1: I'm like, how did you get in? There was a bay one.
Speaker 4: He just put his feet in there. Okay, no, it happened. So they have these huge giants kettles and they're obviously promoting, you know, donate to your local Salvation Army. It was during the Monday night football game against the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Did Ezekiel Elliott jump in there? Because that's before I missed the word giant kettle. I took a second and then I realized my puffer fish thing from earlier. I said, there's got to be an explanation here, Ross yes, and then I said, oh yeah, Ezekiel Elliott back in the day jumped into that big, huge kettle.
Speaker 1: It was on the side of it was like at the end zone. So it was a big game.
Speaker 4: Ezekiel Elliott jumped into it. It was twenty sixteen and they saw a massive uptick in donations the Salvation Army gage.
Speaker 1: So it was great.
Speaker 4: So like, no harm, no foult. Well, then he did it again in twenty eighteen. Salvation Army kettle boom jumps in. They find him for that for some reason. Not for some reason, players aren't allowed to use props during touchdown celebrations.
Speaker 3: Joe Horn wide receiver Saints. You remember did was it a cell phone? Hit a cell phone?
Speaker 1: I remember that, yep?
Speaker 3: And then he used the cell phone as a prop yea after I mean that was when everybody was losing these wide receiver against the Giants, losing their minds.
Speaker 1: That was the Jesse Palmer game. And then they drafted Ei Manning after that.
Speaker 4: Interesting, so yeah, forget So he got fined for doing it a second time, and basically Chase had no idea. He said he had no idea he could get in trouble for this. He was like, no, it was not worth it. Not all Christmas content has to be romantic or schmaltzy. If you want to have a little laugh. Here are the best Saturday Night Live Christmas sketches, according to people know. They have a full list. We were kind of going through of them. I've never seen this one. You're a Rat Bastard Charlie Brown featuring Martin Short as Larry David. This was back in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh and the whole cast is dancing.
Speaker 3: If you remember the dance scene where Schroeder's playing Er, Schroeder is playing the piano, and then you know how like all the characters had that really funny, weird dance. Everybody on the cast was doing the individual dances.
Speaker 4: Moving their little legs around.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was perfect. There's some really good ones on here. The biggest one was Dick in a Box. I mean, that's the best Saturday Night Live Christmas special.
Speaker 4: That is number one. And then I really like the one the NPRS Delicious Dish Sweaty Balls. Yes, that's the one with Alec Baldwin. That's a great one. Debbie Downer with Jack Black. I mean if you want to go take a trip down memory lane. You will love this list. We have it on a log page.
Speaker 3: One of the best ones ever and I did see it on there. It was way low on the list was and we just talked. You just talked about this in the in the headlines where people were going home for the holidays and thinking about doing it at their house, their old house.
Speaker 1: Do it in my Twin Bed. That was brilliant.
Speaker 6: And back Home Baller was also good. We're talking about coming back home from college and your parents waiting on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yep. Do It in my Twin Bed came in at number eleven.
Speaker 3: So if you can watch all the sketches, we have a link up on the links and guest today Awesome, the eighteen year.
Speaker 4: Old daughter of Food Fighter's Dave Grohl, who has toured as a backup singer for her dad's band and performed as a solo singer, is apparently incredibly committed to make a new album. So we have heard nothing thing from Dave Grole since he announced that he was having a child outside of his family and his marriage. But Violet Girl, his eighteen year old daughter, has been hard at work. According to the Hollywood Reporter. She's got a really nice sound. She's she's been recording as she's done some collaborations. She's been She has a studio space that actually Dave Roll gave to her for a birthday present. So that's that's nice. Here, have a studio, go for it.
Speaker 3: Those are the two that I have my eye on the most. Dave Groll's daughter and then Chris Cornell's daughter. Yeah, out of like the NEPO, you know, next rock stars, I don't know what type of music they're gonna choose to end up, you know, figuring out what they're best at. Chris Cornell, clearly, it's without a doubt, has a better voice than Dave Grol.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean it translates to the child. But those are the two I have my eye on.
Speaker 3: If there's somebody gonna that there's gonna be a next rock star child, it's gonna come from one.
Speaker 1: Of those two dudes. Okay, I think so those are just since I.
Speaker 3: Mean we know firsthand Bradley Nole's son from the twentieth anniversary. Wow, that was impressive too, you know, but it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, all right, he kind of already is a rock star you know, so all right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 6: Well, on Thursday night football, Justin Herbert and the Chargers are gonna host Bo Nicks and the Broncos. Kickoff for that's at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime Video. It's bowl season in college football. Last night, James Madison beat Western Kentucky and the Vocal Ratan Bowl and UNLV top to California twenty four to thirteen in the LA Bowl. Tonight, Sam Houston's gonna play Georgia Southern in the New Orleans Bowl.
Speaker 1: That'll start at six o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN two.
Speaker 6: The College Fotball Playoff is gonna start tomorrow night with one game on the schedule. Tomorrow night, it'll be Indiana against Notre Dame. And basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Bad Wolves, Zombie halffhy part of the show.
Speaker 1: Peep huh tato mean read my lips is coming up this hour.
Speaker 3: I'm going through these words suggestions. Thank you very much, Tessa.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't. Can you quickly clear this up for me? Matt says, well, since I read the article about Tessa in the Chronicle yesterday, I didn't know there was something out there.
Speaker 3: How about Broken Skull? Oh wait, expecting violence on your last show tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Now, Broken Skull Ranch was a reality show.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I got I got cast for that when Stone Cold was doing a reality show season one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what the I knew that you were on that Stone Cold show. Yeah, Broken Skull. I'm like, what does she say in her exit interview? Me, holy craps, Like she's going to break our skulls tomorrow on our last day. No, I wouldn't do that open phone on the Broken Skull Friday last hour of the show.
Speaker 1: I hope not. I hope not. You were talking about is it Violet girl? Because Dave Roll has all daughters, Violet is uh going to be putting on an album.
Speaker 4: She's working on an album in a studio gifted to her by her dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, the girls have sung backup backups on songs on Foo Fighter songs for years now. Yeah, and I believe she's the one that really is kind of saying, hey, I want to do I'm gonna go into dad's business here.
Speaker 1: She's been on stage with him before. She can sing.
Speaker 3: We've talked about Chris Cornell's daughter, and she can sing her ass off too.
Speaker 1: You know, pretty girls, she can sing.
Speaker 3: Those are the two that I have my eye on as far as like these next generation, I mean there's a lot of them out there.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Out there, and we kind of came in contact firsthand with kind of like we had that Sublime situation at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party and Jacob Nole, that kid, Bradley Nole's son who's now the lead singer of Sublime, I mean, who was cooler than him and just was so perfect to be plug and play, to be a rock star, and it was so much fun. I'm not trying to rub it into people that weren't there.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's just there's got to be a ton of pressure.
Speaker 3: I mean, Lebron Jameson, you know, Browny you know, Michael, there is a Michael Jordan's son named Michael Jordan, you know that right that didn't play basketball?
Speaker 1: He did, but not well yeah, yeah, like he didn't just not as good. Yeah, just to say that is an understatement.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I want to play you something that came out this week. I think it's interesting. I don't know, doctor smile friend.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: This is just a live acoustic recording because that two Nepple Baby Baby singing together. It's a nice harmony.
Speaker 4: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Paul Stanley son and Jeans Simmons' son singing together.
Speaker 1: That's nice both musicians. And I just wonder why didn't they continue the torch? I mean did they not?
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes kids don't want to be in their parents' footprints, and you know they don't want to. My first thought is throw on some makeup and keep kiss going with Stanley and Simmons, you know, you know, but clearly they didn't want to do it.
Speaker 4: I just feel like artists usually come from more tortured circumstances. I'm not saying these kids don't have problems, they're just different sets of problems and the situations that usually create rock stars. These kids aren't going to have to deal with I agree.
Speaker 3: With you one hundred percent on that, because that's where I'm critical of some bands that just didn't struggle. You talked about that heavy Metal documentary that's coming out.
Speaker 4: A docuseries on Hulu.
Speaker 1: You know, heavy metal came from a steel town in England, a poor steel town in England where Tony Iomi worked in a factory and lost his fingertips. Yeah, many invented it needs to be and then he invented heavy metal, you know, I mean he invented it. So yeah, there is.
Speaker 3: Something about that. But these two sing together beautifully.
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 3: I'm a little familiar with Jean's kid, who Nick Simmons. I don't know if you know him or ever seen him, six seven, handsome and funny. I watched a little bit of that Family Jewels, that dumb gens.
Speaker 4: I watched a couple of episodes back in the day.
Speaker 1: That kid is funny and he can sing, and it's just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 12: Like what?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: He should be really super famous.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about Paul Stanley's kid, but they just put out a video this week of them singing together.
Speaker 1: They're not saying, Hey, we're doing this, We're moving forward on this. It's just a little video to get us talking.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: I think some a lot of artists too.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like succeed or starve, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean, succeed or start. The kids their pantries are full, They never worried about where their meals are closed if anything were like that was coming from. But I will say this is concerning Violet Girl, the fact that her dad like did that and like kind of blew up their family dynamic. I mean, write an album with that, well, I mean that's something crazy could come from that. It's almost like the bad thing from these bad circumstances, you could get some amazing music. That's why when Adell breaks up, where Taylor Swift breaks up, people are like, oh, this new album's got a new album, Like so something bad things happening can kind of be a good thing. If you're a nurse.
Speaker 1: Imagine Violet Girl, Hello dad, why'd you break up my family?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I E I'd be like, oh did you hear that you buy like girl songs? She's letting her dad have it? Hello dad, why do you suh? Did you cheat on mom?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right, guys, let's read my lips music. I'm gonna do one final scan.
Speaker 3: I'm going through the words and it's Alex taking on Tessa. We'll be We'll ask you guys to call in after the Brook.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's el Serenative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Gotey four five to bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Throwback Thursday. You guys voting, it's uh, it's the biggest songs from the year, the songs.
Speaker 1: That got the most votes. So it's it's a heavyweight match up. I haven't lived in a while.
Speaker 3: The darkness worst to first in first place right now, a perfect circle in second place, primus Winona's Big Brown Beaver, the guy that got it.
Speaker 1: There is not even voting for that. I'm talking and I'm talking about chili right now. Who's going to be in here? Shortly?
Speaker 3: Timekeeping party partly cloudy ten percent chance of rain, highs up around sixty seven.
Speaker 1: What is trending?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: Are you also asking a poll question on the XT?
Speaker 1: What kind of your tree top? Whaty?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are you typically put on top of your Christmas Street?
Speaker 3: So I didn't know that if you don't put anything up there. You're Chris Tree is considered bald. Who doesn't put anything on top of their Christmas tree? Believe it or not, nine percent of our audience does not have a tree topper. You've taken the time to have a Christmas tree and you've decorated it, yet you put nothing at the top.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get that, I don't get that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Fifty five percent of our audience says some kind of a star, seventeen percent of our audience an angel, seventeen percent of our audience something else, and then nine percent of our audience bald at.
Speaker 1: The time, what a blinky snowflake. That's I would call that some kind of star. It's not a star, it's a snowflake. Then put a star. That's what the Dallas Cowboys have.
Speaker 3: Well, then that's something else, meaning seventeen percent of our audience. My sister and my mom there every other year, star angel, Star Angel. Never was a fan of the angel.
Speaker 1: At the top of the tree.
Speaker 4: My grandma always had the angel.
Speaker 3: No, she's judging, it's a place for a star, all right, So that's our pole question.
Speaker 1: What else is trending?
Speaker 4: Also? Okay, so the kron dot com did do a write up about this show about how you know you guys are the search is on for the new next co host, how tomorrow will be my last show? And then Inside Radio did one too. So I've been getting a lot of emails still telling me stuff. So I just wanted to acknowledge that and say thank you for all your nice words.
Speaker 1: I really really appreciated. Here comes the influencers, all sending in their tiktoks to me.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with an influencer?
Speaker 1: I don't have the time. I don't have the time right now, I have a game to play, I'm on a radio station. Rod doesn't have the time. And also.
Speaker 4: Eggnog. Eggnog was number three on the top drinks for Americans this Christmas holiday, Beer wine, then eggnog. That's what's trending on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: The greatest words submitted today, I'm going to tell you because I'm not using.
Speaker 7: That, Okay, okay, what I mean?
Speaker 1: By far the greatest thing submitted for five I think it was Phil and his word was so long, gay boys, that's like eighteen words. Phil, thinking that that's your exit tomorrow. You so funny, Thank you, Phil. I think it was all right, I'm not using that, but I am using. I'm using that all the words. Yeah, as you're walking out the door, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow stop seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: You want mister Chow or do you want Alex? But did you die? All right enough?
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. You're taking tests that you're taking Alex who's gonna win?
Speaker 1: You know he's not letting her win on the last game. Yeah, it doesn't even matter. It matters. I don't believe it. And they're trying to win your depthtones ticket seven one three, two and two five nine four five. Rod Ryan still trying to figure out how his mom always had the same rapping paper as Santa. The rod Ryan Show, ninety four to five, The.
Speaker 3: But ninety four five, The Bus, Lovely the Band, and Broken, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Throw Back Thursday, Chilli, How could you turn your back on one own as big brown Beaver like that?
Speaker 8: I never do that.
Speaker 1: You're the reason that that was one of the biggest songs of the year, and then when it comes time to see and crown it as the year champion of Throwback Thursday, you're like, I'm going with the perfect circle.
Speaker 8: I see what you're trying to do there, trying to do me and trying to change my mind, and all right, this is what Rod wants when you do.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, come.
Speaker 8: On, let's both were knowing that we know that's Big Brown Beaver because we want Primals to win.
Speaker 1: It's in last place in commercial. I'm so happy that it's Rod wants about doing.
Speaker 3: I think it's the most ridiculous song that we have in there, and maybe the most ridiculous.
Speaker 1: On ever in the history of throwback.
Speaker 8: I get the chill Maniacs aka Chili and the Blue Choos up there.
Speaker 4: Man, you've alway you've already cheering for me and read my lips. I appreciate it's.
Speaker 3: Already stuff that's docking and said you're going with a perfect circle.
Speaker 4: Before you came in, he was like, I do want you to win and say that he said it, all right there, we got your right, you're.
Speaker 1: Right to my lips.
Speaker 3: I mean, I got one guy over here that has won the championship, acting like he doesn't care. I get another one that's already sleeping in. She's already on the beach somewhere in her mind sleeping until noon.
Speaker 4: I don't know, quit on us, I don't know say that I'm really going to miss this. This right this, specifically, right here, this normally.
Speaker 3: Is the most stressful matchup. But now I got two people that could give a flip.
Speaker 1: Hey, win, good morning, win, Win, got through win? Who did you? Who's playing for you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: That is disgusting.
Speaker 8: He wanted he selected Tessa, and I said, why you're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, then let me go with Alex. Yet the way Rod did you NeXT's disgusting. Joshua, good morning, Good morning, Joshua.
Speaker 3: Must have got through first, and you immediately scooped up Tessa for her last game. Absolutely, yeah, you know how competitive she is. She's not gonna want to go out on a loss.
Speaker 1: Did he want me, Chili? Yeah, he picked first, the second one. You were taken? When wanted you and you were taken?
Speaker 4: No, you're not listening to the story. Win got in first. Chili goes, are you sure Tessa is gonna lose? And he goes, okay, I'll take out I missed that part of the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. When is on team Alex, Joshua is on team Tessa returning champion is me?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: Who's going first? When? What do you think I should do? Show? Go first? Or second? H so second, second, the second, Tessa, you go first, win last time? We ever have to have.
Speaker 4: Good, just doing good one time before I leave.
Speaker 8: Ready, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: We should have played another game.
Speaker 8: I heard that you could have gone with you Brown.
Speaker 3: I thought your headphones around. All right, here we go, playing for Joshua. These are the words that you guys sent in for the very last game.
Speaker 4: I'm already having so much fun.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Twenty seconds.
Speaker 8: I forgot I was supposed to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to time, so as soon as Thursday.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 3: Nurse D set this one in and she spelled it differently. She's throwing okay, did something just break?
Speaker 1: She's over there, just all right. Here we go, thumb out, thumbs up, thank you, nurse DLL.
Speaker 19: Liquor run, little run, liquor run legal run, liquor run, little rock, liquor run ling a little rock liquor run later liquor liquor.
Speaker 1: Liquor run close. He was little rock. So that was needle nursty. She spelled it that way to liquor run, nursty licker. You brought her. Okay, okay, it's gotta be something nursy for one time.
Speaker 4: Do a whole song. I think, give me a ride.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hold her while we go on her motorcycle. I think I did say something about making a liquor run. I made a liquor run the other day.
Speaker 4: It was like super busy, yes, yeah, yeah, rush out traffic and you were doing sample.
Speaker 1: Yeah, liquor run. I made a liquor run. Lookoor to Mine was with a Q. She spelled it differently.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Ana Banana sent this one in thumbs up.
Speaker 5: The pickle picker, what pickle picker, bitter beer, pickle picker, bigger beer, pickle picker, pail maker, pickle pickle beer, pickle pickle maker picker, pickle pickle maker, pickle pickle bagger.
Speaker 1: Pickle pickering. I got it. You feel like a pickle jig at the end. There you did like a pickle dance pickle picker, pickle pick pickle picker. Hey, you're so you're just gonna win, dude. It's not over to maybe not even one, not over to over. You would have never got that, Alex, I got that immediately. All right, here we go. He's a headphones back on. Please, let's get one. Let's get one. Eddie sent this one in. Thank you, Eddie.
Speaker 2: I get one.
Speaker 4: Probably most likely.
Speaker 20: Hog Hunter hot hot Dog, hog hog Hunter, hot Hunter, hog hot hot Dog hog hog ho hog Hunter, hog Hunter, hog Hunter.
Speaker 1: How are you giving three seconds?
Speaker 2: Talk to?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's the one? I mean she got it and it was open phones Friday? Okay, I mean, Chillie, are you tiny?
Speaker 8: I was doing it right?
Speaker 1: All right? Hog Hunter Eddie, Alex, you get two to put uh, one to tie, two to win. Who is playing with the microphone?
Speaker 2: Not me?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's her with her with her middle glass that she's slamming over there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex. Two for the wind today.
Speaker 4: You only go with one eye, close your eyes, feel the words.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: H Okay, he's ready.
Speaker 1: He can't read LIFs with no eyes. Cand you read my man's game?
Speaker 2: Did you read?
Speaker 1: Who said Malcolm?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Marion? Who sent that in? I can't even read my own writings? That an't mind? Be marling? Marlon? Okay, thumbs up? Yeap. Breast wishes, breast wishes, breast wishes. Oh right, right, me with best. He did come to play a dumb he thought Chili was playing. I'm sorry. I read it and it sounded like mart horrible handwriting. Okay, here we go, next word.
Speaker 4: I hope he doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: Thomas sent this in yep thumbs, sweaty balls, sweaty balls, and that's what she's leaving the show.
Speaker 4: She's always God was.
Speaker 1: Ex is your winner, and that means our good friend winn. I just wanted to have fun. Dude, you had so much.
Speaker 4: He had so much fun.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna give wins for me?
Speaker 4: Then to deathtones Mark Volta have fun, but it was worth it.
Speaker 1: Being a trader, I.
Speaker 4: Wish I could say to say, just kidding when I.
Speaker 1: Love you all right, win, congratulations, have a great time. People always ask what were you What were you going to say?
Speaker 3: Durable sex was coming up, and then Dana, I don't know, boob Canoe was going to be the tie breaker.
Speaker 1: She was emailing if the next co host was going to have big warlocks.
Speaker 4: Did you get that email?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like, well, everybody that's been a co host on the show has had big boobs.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I wish there was so much to choose from out there.
Speaker 3: Dana, Here's what you don't know about this business. I can just about squeeze into the grand canyon.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: I wish that there was just such a plethora of people that were perfect for this job that it came down to who had the best boobs like.
Speaker 4: Browner blonde hair bord for nets like okay.
Speaker 3: Let me see girls that want to be seen the center of a ten getting into the entertainment industry, you want to be on the radio.
Speaker 1: They might have big boobs too. Wow, there's a correlation there. There's a correlation there.
Speaker 4: Not me, not me anymore, not.
Speaker 1: Not something that is a job requirement for the co host of the show. Yeah, but it helps.
Speaker 8: From conversations like this.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know that it helps. I don't know that I took them out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I don't know it helps the party when I brought my old implants to throw an into a court hole board.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's fine, that's fine, thank you, Dana.
Speaker 4: Alternative and Home of the rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: I need four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan's show Man. It's at fifty three already. Part of the Claude's Guy's nothing over a ten percent chance of rain hies today of around sixty seven Monster Jam tickets coming your way. I got a four pack of tickets early in the nine o'clock hour. Don't forget nine thirty is when the Throwback Thursday song will be played. We've got a pretty good three horse race going on here with the biggest vote getters of the year, so I guess this will be some sort of a champion. Whatever song we end up playing at nine thirty and then Buzzfest tickets is the last thing we give away today before we amf But right now we have a test at one final time with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Today, Amazon workers are on the picket line, the Teamsters said. Workers at Amazon facilities across the country begins striking this morning. The union says it's the largest strike against Amazon in US history. The White House is going after President elect Trump for killing a bipartisan funding bill that would have prevented Yeah, the Press Secretary said, Republicans need to stop playing politics with this bipartisan agreement, or they will hurt hardworking Americans and create instably across the country. So what happened was Trump released a statement that was like criticizing the bill pretty harshly, and that caused the House Republicans to reject it. So that is still kind of looming. Now, Okay, guys. The New York Post created this list. It's really important. It's the Christmas movie tied with your zodiac, So based on your sign, here's wage movie. The New York Post post. Yes, Arias, you should be watching a Christmas story. Taurus, you should be watching Miracle on thirty fourth, Gemini, The Santa Clauses Cancer Chilling, the Lindsaylow and Netflix movie Falling for Christmas. Leo, Christmas with You, Virgo Rod Rootolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Libra me Elf, Scorpio Spirited and here we go Alex Pisces. It's a wonderful life. Aquarius, home alone?
Speaker 1: How do you feel?
Speaker 4: Capricorn, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? And one more Sagittarius, A boy called Christmas Thank You?
Speaker 1: Questions is I'm just wondering, like you living your life.
Speaker 3: And you get to that fortune cookie and you open it up and that little piece of paper says you will have good luck today?
Speaker 1: Does that just that's the tone like I knew it. Oh my god, this is really going to happen. It's that fortune cookie, the thing that's been printed a.
Speaker 4: Million times and somehow World of Chances landed in your hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So that you get that feeling like.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, man, that's going to be great.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 4: It's really nice. Paris Hilton may enter the political arena. The reality TV star spoke to The Hill Wednesday after a bill she advocated that supports at risk children was passed by the House. When asked her she might run for Office of Day, Hilton said, after seeing that my voice can really make a difference, I can.
Speaker 1: Maybe see that happening. I should have read it like her. After seeing that my voice really can make a difference, I thought she was just acting when she was on Thats the Real Life? What was it with her?
Speaker 4: I can maybe see that happening The Simple Life, The Simple Life?
Speaker 1: She said she was acting in that. Well, that's hot.
Speaker 4: I really like it. Okay, there's going to be a new series exploring heavy metal history. It's going to debut on Hulu next year. It is going to be an eight part docuseriies. According to Blabbermouth, So all about heavy metal history.
Speaker 1: The same people that did Dark.
Speaker 4: Side of the Ring about pro wrestling are going to be doing this. Into the Void is the working title, and they said it'll chronicle the emotional sagas behind the most towering legends and unforgettable arts and heavy artists in heavy metal. You say, if it doesn't start with Black Sabbath episode one, first.
Speaker 3: Year, first out, first sixty seconds of a heavy metal documentary, I mean the first episode that'll be about Black Sabbath. Yeah, Episode two could be Iron Maiden, Episode three could be Judas Priest, and then and everybody else.
Speaker 4: I mean Metallica have at it, yeah, and then the Metal Blade Record CEO also said he's part of the team and creating that news series. All right.
Speaker 1: So that's those are Houston's headlines. What you got out o there.
Speaker 6: On Thursday night football, Justin Herbert and the Chargers are gonna host Bo Nicks and the Broncos kickoff for that's at seven fifteen and you can watch it on Prime video.
Speaker 1: It's also bowl season in college football.
Speaker 6: Last night, James Madison beat Western Kentucky in the Boca Raton Bol and UNLV topped Cal twenty four to thirteen.
Speaker 1: To win the LA Bowl.
Speaker 6: Tonight, Sam Houston's gonna play Georgia Southern in the New Orleans Bowl. That'll start at six o'clock and you can watch it on ESPN two. The college football Playoff is gonna start tomorrow night. And basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Pelicans at the Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Ten percent chance of rain, parky, cloudy highs of around sixty seven today. I just got an email, but it's said, yeah, it doesn't seem so good. It's it's upsetting. It's just the way the world works. And you're like, well, rober Well, why do you care. Well, it's it's an important component of what we I do for a living.
Speaker 3: I got an email from Meta, who owns Facebook, Huh, your page The rod Ryan Show didn't follow the rules, so it isn't being suggested to other people right now?
Speaker 12: Rude.
Speaker 1: So let me guess. Let me guess.
Speaker 3: Chili somehow said hey, you should check out today's Instagram feature of the day.
Speaker 1: And they were like, hell no, what are the rules? You can scam people and they will not take you to right.
Speaker 3: So this is what's so infuriating, kind of what Alex just brought up. There is right now there are ten Facebook pages with my face on them. Okay, rod Ryan, contact me and we'll play your song on the radio and you can pay this amount of money and I'll get them played for you.
Speaker 1: And people are sending these people money. Okay. I get these things sent.
Speaker 3: To me by usually artists from around the world, saying, hey, is this true? Can I really get airplay?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Can I pay to get airplay on your radio station? I'm like, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's illegal. Okay, it's illegal. Okay, it's called payola, and I can't do it. I hate even talking about it. So these things get sent to Meta all the time, and I'm saying this person they're impersonating me, please take this down, and they say, and they say.
Speaker 1: That they're not doing anything wrong. They don't get taken down by Meta. They don't.
Speaker 3: But there is probably a girl that has an Instagram account that's not nudity, and we have her as our Instagram feature because one of our listeners sent it in and I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I'm just guessing what this is. And some how Facebook has said we don't like that, so they're going to go after that. Their moral ground is that a chick in a bikini. That's where someone that's in charge has drawn the line.
Speaker 3: There are at least ten Facebook pages that are stealing from people either and they're acting as me and Meta has not taken them down.
Speaker 1: So let me just continue your page.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Show didn't follow the rules, so it isn't being suggested to other people right now, so they're not taking us down.
Speaker 1: But we're not going to put any.
Speaker 4: Of your populate. Like when we do a post, I'm not going to populate.
Speaker 1: It as it says Hi Rod. All content on Facebook must comply with our terms of service and community standards. These are our high level roles against sexual, violent, profane, or hateful content. In order to qualify for.
Speaker 3: Recommendation, either fix these issues or request a review. I have requested a review before, okay, and you'd never hear from them. There's millions and millions.
Speaker 1: There might be a billion people on Facebook, and I know that it's just quicker to say boom, I'm going to dig this one and then never really get back to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just it's easier for them.
Speaker 1: It's a quick fix for them. They cannot micro manage, although I'm surprised how much they micro manage. They'll they'll take your knees out, but then when it comes time to like, hey, could you help me out with why what don't you like about what we're doing? Now? You don't have knees? You don't like you? Yeah, they're not going to get back with you.
Speaker 4: It's a shame because, like you said, scammers run wild, and you know, it's like, hey, this person is me. This person when I when I say, hey, this person is me, how do you know? Okay, okay pretending to be me? Like look at their pagers. Mind the fact that they can't review that and like get rid of that because.
Speaker 1: Because whatever their review bought is you look at that page.
Speaker 3: And it's like, okay, I don't see any boobs, I don't see any asses on this thing.
Speaker 1: It's fine for me. What it's somebody impersonating me and if they're stealing money from people.
Speaker 3: I have heard from people that have sent them money and it makes me sick. And I said, I'm sorry. I said, send me the link and I will send it off to Facebook to try to get rid of it. You're not going to get a song played on the radio and you're going to pay. And then the fact that somebody thinks that it could possibly be me, it's crazy. Chili, Is there anything that went up today that we did we get flagged on anything today?
Speaker 8: I have no idea because if I go to the Rod Ryan show page, everything's posted.
Speaker 1: So let me look, let me see what's on there today. They're just letting you know. They probably just got around and be like, yeah, it's not pushing it out. Well, rod, why do you care?
Speaker 2: Well? You know what.
Speaker 3: Our number one referral for hits on our website come from Facebook. So meaning when Chili puts up, hey, you know what, here are these here's the best RUMs. If you're looking for a holiday gift, here's the best RUMs. We have a link that goes back to our blog page. Okay, and web hits, I don't know they used.
Speaker 1: To mean something. I don't think they mean anything.
Speaker 6: Anymore because we were good at them, and they were like, well, the Rod Ryan Show's too good.
Speaker 1: We can't make a mean anything. We were the best in the company out of it, and then they quit. Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 3: There's the best RUMs for your holiday gifts. There is What Do Men Really Want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: It shows a.
Speaker 3: Guy wearing a Christmas hat opening up a gift. Doesn't seem too offensive. Rihanna requested an autograph from Mariah Carey, specifically.
Speaker 1: On her garment.
Speaker 3: Now Chili worded that a specific way, because what did Rihanna do? She wanted her boob signed, but Chili knows, but Chili knows not to type out. But Chili knows not to type out boob, So he didn't type that out.
Speaker 8: So it'll still probably get flag.
Speaker 1: Dave Grohl's eighteen year old daughter Violet is working on an album, The Scandal Breast Wishes.
Speaker 3: Alex fixed a gram feature. Adam says, she looks like a thick Beyonce and Chloe.
Speaker 1: We are here for it.
Speaker 3: Here is mel Dulgoon. We hope you enjoy it. And it doesn't even show a picture of her. It's just a picture of our of our thumbnail throwback Thursday and then there's our mugs.
Speaker 1: So that's that's when it went up today. And one of those things just got meta to email me and my home address to say, hey, you need to fix this, you need to fix this. I'm sorry, sorry to take all this time. It's just go to the I just I just hate them. I just hate them.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed being a stock I enjoyed being a stockholder, but I hate that, I really do.
Speaker 8: How do you think I feel they took away both of my Are.
Speaker 1: You still in Facebook, Facebook jail or whatever?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 8: I think they're deleting my Instagram page and my Facebook. Not the Chi Yeah there, they suspended it what they reviewed, and then I sent them a review like three months ago and they still don't And now that I go to it, they just deleted everything.
Speaker 1: Rebuild Chili, we will rebuild. So they just took it away. It's it's yeah, for sure, it's gone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 1: I don't even check anymore.
Speaker 8: Like the only reason I'm on social media is because.
Speaker 2: Of this job.
Speaker 1: It's frustrating.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like I'm not Yeah, so that's why they can't find me, because they took me. They kicked me out.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to be in your club anyways. All right, I'm sorry. That's just behind the scenes crap that goes on here. It really is frustrating.
Speaker 3: Don't ever if it doesn't look like us. There's and these pages are not done well, the ones with any they feature all of us on there, everything, And I get it. I'm telling you, I get four or five a month of somebody and I don't see them.
Speaker 1: It's just somebody says, hey, this might look a little weird.
Speaker 3: Somebody that sees that. They just go about their day. I can only imagine the amount of people are getting scamed by these things. It's terrible. And again, the bottom line is Facebook won't do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that's sending on like this is me. They are, there's a box to click, they're impersonating me and it's not me, and they're they're scamming people out of money, and they're like, yeah, but the IG post. But it's just like, you know what, not really bothered. Our community standards are fine with that. You talked about boobs earlier, Rod, but yeah, the word boobs is on your page, you get a flag for that. But scamming people and ripping them off out of money is not flagged. Yeah, I don't know. It's really weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the community standard things always been a such a terrible phrase.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. Let's give something away here, pair.
Speaker 4: Of tickets to Await, a four pack, a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam and RG. This is going down Saturday, February first.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's three Monster Jams coming up. I was hoping I'm gonna I'm gonna write it down right now. I'd love to show you guys the truck before we leave. Yeah, it looks so cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Monster Jam, four pack of tickets seven.
Speaker 17: Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Now it's got to do podcast up and then he wants you to come join him. You're gonna be doing your podcast and the whole family, the laya ladle, all that business that's going on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's Saturday, December twenty first, at Cobo's Q, Downtown, twenty twelve, Rusk Street, Bye bye bye, Where lucky you?
Speaker 17: What time?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: The college football game started at eleven. You can come watch like the SMU game is gonna start at eleven am. Texans gone at noon, so you can start all of that. We're gonna go on about halftime of the Texans at one thirty. You want to half the place playing a little acoustic.
Speaker 1: Oh, Rosie's coming, He's gonna be there, twenty where gravy. It's gonna be a fun day. Okay, we'll put it on our Facebook page and no one will see it because they will not push that out, you know, good point, So just take our word for it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put that anywhere but the rod Ryan Show Facebook page because they will not push that out at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the faults here and that we'll go to you. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Good morning buy Hello, who's this Hi? My name is Gina, Dina. You're calling number ten. Yeah, I'm excited. Come see us at Monster Jam February one. This is the Saturday show.
Speaker 3: There's there's gonna be one on Sunday, February second, and then the following Saturday is going to be the third Monster Jam of the season. But this is for the Saturday night show. You've got pit passes now, for you and three others. So come by say hello to us.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh my.
Speaker 7: God, that's so awesome.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say congratulations.
Speaker 1: I mean, not congral congratulations, but good luck to Tessa on her new adventures.
Speaker 8: We're going to mix your girl and thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: I listen to you guys all the time.
Speaker 4: I love that, appreciate you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll see you on the first See online. It's Alex Online ninety four five the muzz. Okay, what you're doing today, it's been all Christmas stuff this week.
Speaker 6: It's going to continue to be all Christmas stuff today. You're going to see what the top toy was the year that you were born. It's easy, just go down, so Rod, when you were born, Lego building sets were the number one toy.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be a couple of years, like they must Lego have been just Lego probably came out a bunch, Yes, Tessa, Teddy Ruckspin the Bear was the number one toy when you were born, and then when I was born, it was a game Boy. So I have the coolest of this.
Speaker 4: You're the technology era beginning.
Speaker 1: I mean the most expensive, but I mean it's cooler that lego. Yeah classic, Like me.
Speaker 4: A classic lego is a classic.
Speaker 1: It's Teddy Ruxby is stupid.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say it. What you put a tape and a bear?
Speaker 3: You put a cassette tape in the back right. It was high technology for its day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your no. I love the game Boy.
Speaker 4: I was very happy when I got that for Christmas.
Speaker 7: But go check it out.
Speaker 1: See what the top toy was the year that you were born. At the old famous Rod Ryan Showpaige at Buzz dot com. I remember Little.
Speaker 3: Kids, the cassette you know, those of you that didn't live in that era of the cassette tape I think came unspooled and when Teddy Ruxpin was like tall to you, crazy, it looked like it was possessed by the devil itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really did. I imagine that terrified a few kids show ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Shine Out.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just getting my last minute checking the last minute votes that came in. It is a throwback Thursday. I hope you're a real great start to day. Thank you so much for starting it with us. I see nothing about a ten percent chance of reign today, maybe a twenty percent chance tonight. Partly Claude's Guy's and sixty seven So Nice Outside. The Radio Wizard sent us these songs today and he said these were the three biggest vote getters of the entire year, the highest number of votes all year long. A perfect circle by a perfect circle with Judith The Darkness, I Believe in a thing called Love and Primuses Whyonah's Big Brown Beaver one final refresh. Kind of jumped around all day today. Everybody at one point was in the lead. All that matters is who's in the lead right now. Primus Whynona's Big Brown Beaver last place, four hundred and thirty six votes, one two hundred and forty three votes. A perfect circle Judith one thousand and three, one hundred and sixty six. The Darkness is your Throwback Thursday song of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Nice work, Mom, It's so bad Thursday. Whatever the hell that is?
Speaker 13: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 16: Johnny's fair set of make it you not to try to you me want starring.
Speaker 7: Away something something something.
Speaker 2: I want to be caught up, something to make it down.
Speaker 16: I wanted to show every meeting, every hour, every.
Speaker 2: Time you call me, just say.
Speaker 7: If ever been to self, t something something.
Speaker 2: Something something I think your.
Speaker 1: Way to something like your down Listen yourself.
Speaker 2: You can say.
Speaker 7: Something south, something.
Speaker 1: I won't say with a brink color just over the middle pole something my kids now because it was soft.
Speaker 2: I will say my kid, Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, big ending.
Speaker 12: The whole thing is perfect.
Speaker 1: Throwback Thursday Song of the Year ninety four or five, The Buzz Darkness. I believe in a thing called love. I don't know. I mean, I can't take the Taylor Swift factor out of that. It did happen this year.
Speaker 3: It did bring the song back, and a whole new generation of people saw the song just because she was lip syncing it at at a sporting event at the US Open at tennis match. Yeah, her and Travis we're both lip syncing it and she she loves the song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I to love.
Speaker 1: Everybody does love that song. And I did tell you so. Taylor Hawkins rides again.
Speaker 3: Taylor Hawkins, No, Justin Hawkins, sorry, Taylor rip. Justin Hawkins is the lead singer and he does this cool kind of podcasting thing.
Speaker 1: It's very music centric and uh, he said that.
Speaker 3: Somehow, I don't know if it was directly related to that, but somehow he went backstage and I don't know if he's got kids or what, but he went backstage and he met Taylor Swift. Wow, and he said she was lovely, you know, because he's an English guy, he's a.
Speaker 1: Brit guy, so he's very proper. And uh, here's the one to put out the broad Yeah, what a lovely bed.
Speaker 4: Guys, That's really what everyone says when they meet her. It's it's pretty incredible. Everyone's stories are just like that, delight delightful.
Speaker 1: Not Jake Chill and all. I don't want to say anything bad about her being a song under. They do it in fear.
Speaker 3: The pen is mightier than the sword with her, for sure. Hey, I'm gonna blow your mind. I've got thirty five seconds to do it. The bald eagle is about to become the official national the official national bird.
Speaker 1: Of the United States. I read about this, is it not, Alex. I'm glad you asked. Most people thought it was already.
Speaker 3: Congress never passed an actual bill until now President.
Speaker 1: Biden, on his way out, is going to sign off on it. It's gonna start the government shutdown. But don't worry. We got a national bird. I mean everyone, what's America's national bird? Bald eagles? That's an easy one, right, you are wrong, We've never had one. You have bendream Franklin wanted to be the Turkey. I did know that. I did know that. That was a fun fact on the Rod Ryan Show. That's where I learned it too.
Speaker 3: So Congress had never passed true legislation to make it official. So there's this bald eagle enthusiast in Minnesota started lobbying politicians, and then the Minnesota senator got Invald oh Amy Klobashar, and then she introduced the.
Speaker 1: Bill in June. And then Biden says on his way out, he's going to make sure that he makes that happen.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a no brainer, slam dunk of a designation.
Speaker 1: Getting stuff done right till the end? What are you giving away on know the show?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to Buzz best to going down at Woodland, Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, blocktober yog Evans Blue and Sleep seriod.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have a question for you on the flip Houston's.
Speaker 17: Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Come by the buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're gonna wrap this show up. Man, it is time for Know the Show. Buzzfest tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion Laur on sale Now win a pair from us. If you know the show? What is your question? What does rod think does not belong on a tree?
Speaker 4: On the top of the tree, he says. He says, he doesn't like this. He likes it should be.
Speaker 1: This real popular to him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so if you know that, then you definitely know the show, and I'll give you the Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: I'll take color correct color. Whatever Chili's taking. Well, he starts with Tim will take whatever. I'll take whatever Chili says me to take, whatever tells me to take. Do it real quick.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when I used to answer the know the show questions?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've had that to mention to me. The first two weeks. You would ask a question and the answer it, I'm like, do you understand how this bit works for you? Is I did know the show? Seven one, three, two and two, five, nine four five. She's like, I just wanted to show you all pay attention. Marry Christmas. From The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five. The Buzz side the buzz, It's tonight Tonight rod Ryan Show. Where else? What else? What sounds so silly?
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy today, high of sixty seven.
Speaker 1: We're gonna top out there. Sure she's now time for know this show on ninety four five. L L L la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? This is Buddy, Buddy the Elf? What's your favorite color?
Speaker 14: That was?
Speaker 1: It was yesterday's day. I didn't even really use it. I mentioned it on the air that it was Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?
Speaker 6: Day?
Speaker 1: Or answer the phone like Buddy the Elf day. That's right, that's what it was. I didn't even really get a chance to use it yesterday. Buddy. Good to have you on. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Can you tell me, Buddy? What rod doesn't think belongs on Christmas tree top?
Speaker 16: I believe it is angels.
Speaker 1: He prefers stars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean right.
Speaker 1: I like angels like the next guy, but not.
Speaker 3: On the top, not on the top of my tree. I take I take issue with, uh, what's on the top of your true day?
Speaker 1: I've always had a start some kind of stars.
Speaker 3: The most popular answer, what do you typically put on top of your Christmas tree?
Speaker 1: Was my poll question today.
Speaker 3: Fifty three percent some type of star, sixteen percent angel, nineteen percent something else.
Speaker 1: Eleven percent are going with nothing at the top of their tree. Buddy, you win. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you a pair of tickets to go to Buzzfest, dude. Tickets are on selling nowt ticketmaster dot com for Chavelle, Marilyn Manson, Bloctober, Pod Evans, Blood Sleep Theory.
Speaker 1: But you get them because you knoway this Shay.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 17: Don't appreciate the thing.
Speaker 1: I haven't been a bud that probably fifteen years. It's been allow change that change. Thank you, buddy, it has.
Speaker 18: Been a while.
Speaker 1: Thank you there, appreciate thank you.
Speaker 2: Text.
Speaker 1: This is one of the greatest songs of all time. It's not in the system. I had to go to my laptop to play this for you. YouTube it. Yeah, you guys know this song. Ryan, Yeah, Sack, I know the last.
Speaker 3: More Robbie Williams who just couldn't couldn't make it here in the States as a pipe star.
Speaker 1: Williams. Yeah, listen, he's good looking. Listen, British man angels kind of looks. He's got a monkey face. Thank British well, very teething. Yeah, he's got a movie coming out and he's played by a monkey job. He does the voice. Yeah, he's got a monkey face. He knows it. Everybody knows it. Okay, I didn't know until.
Speaker 4: Now did I know that? Thank you today? Years old?
Speaker 3: This is one of the best songs ever and we don't have it just for at my disposable, at my disposal to play.
Speaker 1: Did you write a trouble ticket? That's a meeting up to the show and let's have a Robbie Williams powwow. We'll discuss the Robbie Williams this year. Adam the Cop. How about that game today against Josh the Goat.
Speaker 2: Then, as.
Speaker 3: First time champion, we're gonna have tomorrow number one funeral song in England.
Speaker 1: It is yeah, like we play I did it my way? This is this is the number one song play the funerals in the UK. All right tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fresh out of bad head to head killer Cody against Adam the cop. I think it's just such a great matchup. I absolutely cannot wait for it. Okay, fresh out of bed Head to Head six twenty tomorrow. Thank you for voting on Throwback Thursday today. I appreciate every one of you, everybody that submitted words today. That was great six to gram Thursday. Thanks for getting kicked off of Facebook.
Speaker 1: It was I looked it up. It was something that we posted in October. Apparently. Oh good that they found that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Thanks for taking our poll question on the X you should be following us at rod Ryan Show. I did that whole rant and diatribe if you will on about Facebook. I could really use all of you to just drop by our Facebook page today and just drop a like or a follow or whatever. Because they're not pushing anything out. We're being punished right now apparently, but they're just they keep threatening us with taking us down. Tomorrow is free beer Friday. Tomorrow is our last show. Tomorrow's Tessa's last show period. Free beer Friday. Open Phones.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a little bit of a party. It's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Open Phones really gets the shafts on the last show of the year, because yeah, because we're.
Speaker 1: So busy, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of maybe extending free beer fry, or extending open phones and making it maybe even earlier in the eight just the whole show. Yeah, maybe at Rob Ryan Show on All Socials. There's a new past the gravy up. He wants you to come see him on Saturday, test us on Houston Life at one o'clock. We're on a twenty hour break. We got one more show to go and then that's it. Guys, Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome day. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan shoepage at the buzz dot com