Speaker 1: For thirty five years, Cindy Stumpo has been a female homebuilder with a passion for design, a mastery of detail, and a commitment to her crack. With daughter Samantha Stumpo by her side, I don't need my.
Speaker 2: Whole family on a date with me. That's a good note. It's goddymn weird. See.
Speaker 1: Stumpo Development is the only second generation female construction company in the country.
Speaker 3: You're crazy, You're a wacko, You're insane. I mean, it just doesn't end together.
Speaker 1: Cindy and Samantha welcome guests to explore the world of construction, real estate, development, design and more.
Speaker 3: I'm predictable. Every time I think I know what you want, you switch it out. But that's what makes your houses all us.
Speaker 1: They discuss anything that happens between the roof and the foundation. Nothing is off limits.
Speaker 3: You truly do care about everybody.
Speaker 1: She can yell at, you can scream, but when you get her alone, she's the best person on the planet. Cindy Stumpo is tough as nails.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Cidey Stumble Tough as Nails on WBZ and tonight we have in the studio Samantha somewhere, don't you say them? But Newbrook Realty my womb. Yeah that's good. Okay, started there, but now you're from where in Massachusetts? Oh god? I try to promote her business. She didn't take anything, all right, she's from Newbrook relator.
Speaker 4: I can't be from my company.
Speaker 2: I am my company. Okay. What do you do? I sell real thing? Do you build? You ever builders? License? I do? She doesn't self promote too well, I don't tell you must be the blode Okay, who's in the studio? We have the Boston dad. Hello, So the Boston Dad, Darryl Silver. All we've had is vowels in this studio. If anybody's okay lately? Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, talk to me about the Boston accent. Why did you decide you were going to go out there and promote the Boston accent? And by the way, how's mine looking? My accent?
Speaker 3: Oh? Your accent's phenomenal. You're fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh that I was.
Speaker 3: I was incredibly blessed to be able to get introduced to you. Thank God for Google and YouTube and Instagram. And I've just had a blast going through your stuff and your style and taste in music, is just phenomenal. I tell you you, if you ever give up your career, you have to go into placing music into movies because it's just Goodfellas Casino. I mean, you must have chosen all of the best music for those scenes. I mean, I love it anyway.
Speaker 2: I had to give you that, and thank you for that, because I can tell you I spent a lot of time putting the right lyrics to what I'm doing out there in the field. They have money, Okay, every one of those songs have meaning to those videos, believe or not. But you got to listen. I don't just pick music out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: I can tell I could tell. I mean, not being a filmmaker. I feel the music with the scenes and the videos. So I'm just incredibly impressed. I had to tell you that before I forgot that's okay, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Tell the listeners. We're in thirty three states and we have you on a audio device called Sammy Chat, so I'll teach you about that. Afterwards. We'll drop it to you and get you on this. We're doing this with all of our guess we can go on actually talk to people live and then you can see their faces. I don't know if you can see what I'm showing you right now.
Speaker 3: No I can't, but that's all right.
Speaker 2: Well we'll teach you about that anyway. So they're joining you in the conversation. So what start with your career? Go ahead, talk about Okay.
Speaker 3: So I am an award winning filmmaker. I say that very modestly, but I put it out there because I've won I think at this point, maybe eleven awards. I'm a filmmaker at hot I'm also an actor and a writer.
Speaker 2: You know that's called an actor, but we call it an actor. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sound like you, Alasha.
Speaker 3: I never thought of that as a matter of fact, and now from now on, whenever I say it now, I'm going to thank to you. I love that. So I did a mob movie about I don't know about ten years ago, a little more than that. It was shot north of Boston and and it went on to win several awards. It won Best Film and Best Director at the Beverly Hills Film Festival. It was called Boys. It did very good independently. Different theaters around the country did awesome, especially in New England. So what happened was my family and I we had uped and moved to I was still going back and forth constantly, but we uped and moved here to Florida, which were actually moving out of in about a week or two. And we did that back in twenty fourteen, ten years ago. So back in ninety six, when I first went out to la for film, I was told I had an accent. It didn't really stick out to me though. It was the first time I had heard I have an accent.
Speaker 2: I thought only people, Why was that the first time you left Boston?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was. I was twenty What was I twenty three? Maybe? So coming out here it was a huge culture shock because I would say to somebody we'd get to talk in and yes, They're like, oh, wow, you do commercials, you do videos? Yes, I do cool I said, all right, give me a second, I'm gonna go to the car. I'm going to get you a cod They're gonna They're like, you're gonna go where? Do what? And I'm like, how are they not understanding what I'm saying. However, my biggest culture shock was going into a Dunkin Donuts here in Florida, and I ended up asking at the time they had a certain oat meal I was trying to I was on a health kick, and I said, can I get a hotty blueberry oatmeal? And the girl started turning beat red tomato red, and it was like, what's the issue, What's going on? And so the manager comes out and he says, sir, you cannot be inappropriate with my employees and be calling them hotties. I said, buddy, I asked for a hotty blueberry oatmeal, and it was just a riot to me. So from that I wrote a I was doing a lot of skits at the time on pumpkin spice, anything you can think of, selfies, whatever. So I did a skit where it was on the Boston accent and I was just role playing with my two kids, basically reality out here. It caught on so well. At the time, it was only YouTube, there was no TikTok, Instagram, Facebook. It caught on so well that I started to make several of these in between, you know, going around the country filming commercials, all that fun stuff, and it just caught on so don well that I just kept doing it. And somewhere in between I took a break. But when TikTok and Instagram and Facebook started to do video. I came back and just even in the past year, it's done so incredibly well. And all I'm really doing is displaying real life, you know, and I've gone through.
Speaker 2: But that's real life of Boston, right. So, yes, Boston is a really funny city to grow up in. Right. So, as you know, if you grew up in the North Shore, you talk one way. If you grow up the South Shore, you grow you talk a different, different accent a little bit you're inside Boston, it's not a little bit of a different accent. Then you go up to the richer communities like Newton, Brookline, Whalen, Weston, they all talk proper, right, My kids talk proper. So if you have Sammy talk and you hear me talk, it's completely different. Right Because she went to school in Newton and I went to school on the North Shore, and then I had the culture shock and they moved me to Newton. I'm like, what are we doing here? This is like crazy? These kids a week and they thought I talk funny, right, I go, No, I don't talk funny. You people talk funny? You people? Oh yeah, you know what? So on the social audio when I go on I say you people. People take that as like a dig, like I'm putting you down? What do you mean new people, Cindy, Like I'm being racist something. That's just how we say you people. But people don't understand that it's us slaying that you people. We all going, like you people all going, We're all going to meet down the North End for dinner. You people all going. I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we also can.
Speaker 2: Be very insulting. So we're insulting and not even though we're being insulting, like I know exactly, we just kind of I think we're well, like Chad said, your axent makes you tougher, and then you're in construction, mom, so like you got every layer coming against you. Thank god. He used to say, thank god you're pretty, because if you weren't, Mom, everybody would just think that you were you know. You know what I'm talking about it that I'm with the other side back in the Yeah.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: When you do your your skits, you're always using real Throue Boston character and I think that's just you, whether you're a character, it just.
Speaker 3: Well, it definitely is now it's authentically me. When I first started. It was different because back in twenty fifteen sixteen, social media was this, wait, man, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna hold that thought, We're going to break this ten minute just flew right by. I'm gonnat some point you listen to his.
Speaker 5: Nails will be right back, sponsored by Flora Decor, National Lumber and Village Bank.
Speaker 2: Oh and welcome back to Tapas Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty. And I'm in a frustrated woman. I could get kind of prtrated, became in the song frustrated Women. And I'm here with Sammy and I'm here with the Boston Dad.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: When you listen to Mocky Wahlberg or any of the guys from Boston, right, and you listen to the donkey commercials they do and every thing, I'm sure you've seen it, right, it's been a big run. Yeah, of course, or uh, you know, they'll go through casey affleck, they'll go through the what pissa means, like, we don't call it pocketbook a purse. We call it a pocket book, right, So that's right, not going through the names of things that we say here that people think clicker let him do it. He's the Boston Dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, it's true.
Speaker 2: Pockable.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I actually when I first got.
Speaker 2: Hold on my producer, but well, hold on, my producer calls it what no pocketbook? No, no, Boston calls it a pocketbook. Everyone else is a purse.
Speaker 3: It's a yeah, every day, Yeah, that was. That was one of the words I got made fun of. Actually, this was in California a lot because I kept saying pocketbook and remote was always a clicker and it didn't even matter, and wheel was a tie and it just yeah, constantly, constantly, you know, So what.
Speaker 2: A some of the things that you use out there that people like that we used. Is it this pissa, this wicked?
Speaker 3: There's wicked with everything, there's no question about it. Uh, definitely, banga yui, that's that like that was they thought I was being inappropriate completely calling a turn about a rotary. Definitely. That was a big culture shock for a lot of people. And you know, words like that are phrases that I knew my whole life that I didn't know they were sett any differently. I figured around the nation, these these are the words that everybody uses. This is how everybody talks, and uh, you know that everybody eats fluff that a fluff or.
Speaker 2: Not is no, no, no, no, that's a Boston thing. Yeah. No, I learned that. I learned that when I went down to floor and I went up and down public school, where's your fluff? And like, yeah, marshmallow? What's marshmallow?
Speaker 3: Well that well that I made a video on that that actually happened to me U that they didn't know where they were or, to be honest with you, I did and it did very very well. I did a video recently where I asked people, are these called to you sprinkles or are they Jimmy's. I didn't know what sprinkles were because Buffalo and they're like, I said, can I have Jimmy's on my ice cream? And I was being told listen, you got to be campful.
Speaker 2: Think about this chocolate Jimmy's or color Jimmy's. Yeah, yeah, you think about it.
Speaker 3: I was told be careful because that could come off as being very racist to me, and joh I said, oh boy, I mean, I mean obviously I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: So I wanted chocolate it was Jimmy's. And if I wanted the colorful, the sprinkles.
Speaker 2: So you called your generation called the color ones, the colorful ones, sprinkles, sprinkles.
Speaker 3: I can go with that. You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, people are very sensitive today.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, I agree one hundred percent. I think it's a little too much I've gotten. I got several messages I just didn't, you know, not being rude. I didn't respond to them as to why people were giving very long explanations on why I shouldn't even do with Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know. Don't listen those people. You know what I do though, I love to fight back with them because it's a sport. Oh I do. I engage because it's a spot for me. Right, So you want to take a long blow at me, I'm coming back with you on you. I really am exactly.
Speaker 3: Go.
Speaker 2: Look that's a Boston thing for sure, but go look at the go look at some of my Look at the one point six million views on that one that went viral.
Speaker 3: Now I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you that it has a money thing like this, And you have to see I call them soy boys that come in, Yeah, I call them the boys that come in like they just want to throw haymakers at me for no reason, right, yes, And then when I come back and say, buddy, don't let me emaculate you right now, Okay, like I need some of the contents.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of fun. It is a lot of fun at time. I'm definitely I don't want.
Speaker 2: It get to me. It's technically a sport. It's a sport. It's a sport for me.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 2: When I'm bored at eleven o'clock at night, every sleeping, I'm like, okay, I'm going to get back at this dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that's something similar happened to me. One of the videos that did go viral. Somebody said, this is absolutely not funny at all. I don't know why it did as well as it did. And I answered back, and I go, I'm glad you thought it wasn't funny, because when it happened to me, it wasn't funny. But I said, what's funny is how many hundreds of thousands of people find it funny. They didn't reply at all. I said, man, that was a good comeback. So if I have a good one, I'm going to go for it. But if I don't, I'll leave it alone.
Speaker 2: We just did. He moves his fists, right, that's what we do. It's just the thing we do. Yeah, what are some of the words that we use here that we literally because sometimes even when I talk, I'm like, oh, I just sounded so stupid with that accent. Have you ever had that feeling when you're talking and you're in a room and I'm in a room with bankers and whatever and I don't pronounce my cars and and they're looking at you like, oh, you know, I asked the guys you know, graduated Harvard jail, be you Northeast and blah blah blah blah blah. We keep going right brown and here comes Cindy in with you know, that heavy accent that I never got rid of.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm going to assume that that's what makes you who you are and what Yes, that's what makes you so unique, especially as a successful woman, uh in business and doing what you do. I mean, that's amazing because that really sets you apart. And I'm going to assume that that's what maybe, and I say this respectfully, uh makes you to a lot of maybe guys out there that are in your field maybe more like maybe intimidating. That's like, man, she's a she's a tough one. She's not coming in like this, Cinderella prim and Prophet, even though God bless you you look great, it's you're not coming in with that. You know, you're just wow. And I think that's that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That love look at under a lot of comments always say then that makes you a real man. But I've been dealing with these hits for thirty eight years out here. I'm used to them. But it's funny when guys come in and go, wow, we've got a lot of mummy issues in this on this link right who. It's actually really been more of the white young guys taking hits at me and not really yeah yeah, And then the black guys will coming go and they put them right in their place. Right they've been so so you see the difference. Like it's like these white boys that are so insecure in their late thirties, got nothing better to do than to troll, and to do that right. And I got into messages with guys on my Instagram. I'm like, why do you guys keep having my back? There's like six or seven that keep coming in, but they don't know each other. They just keep coming. They said, Cindy, we know the grit and grind. We can see the grit and grind in people like you're the real deal, right, these guys are just these guys are just idiots. But I'm used to it, just kind of the business.
Speaker 3: But for you, was that a culture? Was that a shock for you, like on social media because you're used to being very respected and u in your field when you started doing social media, when you started getting the haters when you when you were doing very well on social media, was that like.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, it was a little mind blowing. When I went to TV on HGTV and then my accent on HG TV, which is taped out of HGTV's out of Knoxville, Tennessee, let's go, you know, call it? What is what I heard? Oh yeah, yeah, So like you know, it's they got this. Boston brought them there for a stream, real builder. You know, they didn't pick up Polly In again. They went right after the hod course. Cindy Stumpo.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: But I would say that was the first time in my career that Samantha, my ex husband, somebody would be coming over the house and taking my laptop away from me because I would get on the HG TV side and go yeah, really, and you have to learn or you decide TV's not for you, right. I didn't like to hit you didn't know me. You're from Boise, Idaho. What the hell you're talking about me for? Right now? Again, as you get older and you you know, you just do I process anything differently, say me, do I still go after people?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 4: But I think that that was a bigger shock that you were women in a man's field then. And it's not as crazy as it was than it is now. Like it was, it was more intense.
Speaker 2: Than on HG TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure, especially for their audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the self hated the way you are, hated my guts, the self hated me. And as we got further down the cell, that's like women shouldn't talk to men that way. Why they're more like more like women should work. Yeah, when you really went way down south, it was like women should be doing that job, they should be working in the office and all of it. Yeah, I can do it all. It's okay, I'm still standing. I think. Yeah, I'll let you know, well, I'll let you know what I'm catching flies. I'm in Belmont at McLean's.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So what makes you you?
Speaker 3: Uh, it's very meek, it's very real. I like where it's at now versus where it was. I think again, what was interesting when I first started was because I'm a filmmaker at hot Is, I was making more skits, writing a lot of these things. I like, you go back to the earlier ones. They did very very well, but they were like skits inside of Duncan donuts like you see with the you know, Casey Affleck and the ben Affleck commercials, very much stuff like that. A lot of dances in their jingles.
Speaker 2: I thought, we're going to break, We're going to break. You listen to have a Sails on WBZ and we'll be.
Speaker 5: Right back sponsored by Pillow Windows of Boston, Next Day Molding and Kennedy Carpet.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Tuffest Nails on wv Z. And I'm here with Sammy and I'm here with Boston Dad, right, Boston Dad, Silver, Darryl Silver Silva. Yes, how would you pronounce that Russ silva silva?
Speaker 3: Yeah you can, Yeah, there you go, perfect silver silver.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not silver, No.
Speaker 3: No, it definitely is not that I know some people with that last name.
Speaker 2: Do you do this? I do this. I don't know if you do this. I don't put ours where they belong. But then I'll call Samantha and then she says, Florida, Florida, Samantha. Why do I add the as Samantha.
Speaker 3: No, take the out, definitely, No.
Speaker 2: I put them within.
Speaker 4: Name where it's not there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that. That's you.
Speaker 2: I take the prem so I stick them on something. We're going to Florida, right, We're going. Yeah, Sam, I don't know why you do that. I don't know why I do it either, but you have to admit. Look, I kindly deal with southern for so long too, and I want to dope slept down in the back of the head Scott Burton out there because he talks so, you know, so slowly. That's like we we're so fast here, like we got to get the reader's digest. Let's just go and then you talk to people in past, ma'am and uh, and don't call me miss Cindy, because I feel like they that I'm above you and I don't like that feeling.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that's very common out here down south.
Speaker 2: And just I don't want to be married, and don't call me me in don't call me miss Cindy like any of that.
Speaker 3: They feel like they're being disrespectful if they don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but we're all equal. So just calm. I used to chatl and that school too. So being in Florida from being in Boston mm hmm. Boston made you the character.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I have to say I wouldn't have come up with the concept if it wasn't a matter of not being there at the time. I had to have been elsewhere wherever that was going to be, and this happened to be the place because there it was just extremely common. Didn't think nothing of it, even if I would travel and hear that those particular specific words were not words everyone said. The misunderstanding of the accent would not have come about if not being in another place for a significant amount of time. So I have to thank leaving there in order to be able to have come up with this.
Speaker 2: Who's resonating with you out there? New England is because we don't sound like New Yorkers And I hate when people when I'm on social audio go oh city from New York. No, I don't sound like I'm from New York. Let me he's a question. Yeah good.
Speaker 4: What do you hope viewers take away from your content?
Speaker 3: I think at this point entertainment and education. I think those are the two.
Speaker 2: Why were you educating people on the Boston accent?
Speaker 3: Not not necessarily? I think now I've kind of gone into famous facts about Boston, famous foods that were invented in Boston, And even recently one of the segments I started and I'm doing pot three tonight or tomorrow is things parents said to us growing.
Speaker 2: Up and playing traffic? So huh, like go play in traffic, yes.
Speaker 3: Short bridge, that'll be that'll be tonight or the next one. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I want your parents to that of all the country. If you got the parents to that around the country, ask people on social media, Dave, Yeah, your parents told them to go walk in traffic, go play in traffic. And what was go put your play clothes on? Was that last year's clothes that we put on? And I don't even know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely one hundred and so that I've enjoyed a lot, because now you're getting common well actually, even the Boston content. If I'll go to YouTube, somebody will say I'm from Texas, or I'm from England, or I always wanted to learn about the New England dialect, I'm from India. I mean, you'll be surprised how many people truly enjoyed that. And you know, I think by Duncan, for example, bringing on these Boston themes.
Speaker 2: He's talking about Duncan doos.
Speaker 3: Guys, I see, yeah, they see significance and that this would do well even though it's targeted towards New England per se.
Speaker 2: But if you notice Boston, it's either we talk like us or it's like this darling. Yeah, and let's go to the country club and Brookline and play a game of golf. Yeah, I rather shoot myself.
Speaker 3: And that actually was another culture shock to me as well, is when I would go out to say Newton and other spots in New England and realize that not everybody said meinga, what are you gonna don't No one.
Speaker 2: Even knows what means meinga. Italian it's minga. It's you move your hands up and down. It's like minga exactly means right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so where did you grow up with?
Speaker 2: Where'd you grow up in Boston?
Speaker 3: I was born in Lawrence and raised between Lawrence and.
Speaker 2: Methuen, So you technically, oh god, you're like really really really poor because that was like really poor. Well I.
Speaker 3: Actually, actually what's interesting, I actually experienced a little bit of both. I mean, so I would say growing up, it was definitely more right.
Speaker 2: But so if you if you came to Revia East Boston, those areas, we were really much more hardcore than you guys were.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean different because where I grew up, I mean I actually was able to experience very much the Italian kind of real Italian heritage, which is why I say, mingear a lot and you know, like talk with my hands a ton, and you have a lot of that, you know, And that's why a lot of people will say, and I've had haters say, you're not even from Boston, You're in New Yorker, You're from Jersey, trying to talk like Boston. And that's because of a lot of that Italian acting. But at the same time, it was cool because right next door in Lawrence, you had a lot of the you know, Hispanics and stuff like that inner city. So it was it was suburbia and inner city kind of intertwined. So I was able to kind of get a good mix of that, which I thought was great. So it was a Celtic park.
Speaker 2: You don't use this word. This was the one that would get under my skin and my parents if a kid came over myself as us guys going.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's great.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I mean no, you sound like an idiot if you say as US guys going use guys going home. Oh my god. That the youth.
Speaker 3: Well, it was interesting because you know, through the seventies and eighties, you know, because of the success of a lot of the Italian movies, you know, everybody wanted to, you know, be Italian at one point. I think even to a degree now, I think everybody kind of especially with the sopranos and everything. People love that type of stuff. It does very well, which is why in the movie that we're getting ready to do, there's a lot of that Italian theme that's in there also, And I think that's why the Mafia movie I did did really well. Also. I think there's always going to be a market for that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: How yeah, but it'll eventually end in like nineteen eighty two, because by the late eighties when it was done. Now it's just a bunch of wannabes running around.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not saying that. Actually, I take that back. New York is still in New York, Boston is still but again, I mean, I take that all back. Yeah, okay, I just reversed my views on that, but it's okay again. You know, I think that a lot of people and when you go into social audio and they hear the way I talk, they're like, Cindy, say that again, Cindy, what'd you say? Or and I want to you just said, because you stretch the word out so long that I don't even know what you just said.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And then I'm fair, how did you realize you're such a you're a character and you didn't even know that? So that added to, in my opinion, a lot of what you you know, ended up becoming or who you were or who you still are. It makes you, it actually creates a character about you or in you, and you don't even realize that till you get to a certain point. And I didn't realize it as well. And then I said, oh, let me do.
Speaker 2: Something, let me embrace my character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're a character. You are you are, and so you're you know, you know.
Speaker 2: Some people could take that as an insult and some people could take as a complic But the truth is I'd rather be a character than a dry bean like that has No, you're not, so don't worry a stiff. I don't want to ever be a stiff.
Speaker 3: You're not. I I promise you you're not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy, it is crazy. Give me ten words that you really get picked up part in Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hotta definitely. Uh, I'm going with again the two words that got me into three words that got me into a significant amount of trouble in the beginning, cod ca hot Like I told you the Duncan story. It was hotty because it sounds like you're calling somebody a haughty and that was again the further especially her, the furthest thing from my mind. And yeah, so it's just those And again you always put wicked in front of everything.
Speaker 2: And you thought we're going back to break. This is Sady stumbling with the toughest nails on WBZ. Will be right back.
Speaker 5: I'm sponsored by new Brook Realty Group, Boston Wood Smaller Insurance, World Auto Body and Tasca Drive Auto Body.
Speaker 3: This one's for you, Boston.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Tap his Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty. And we're back with Sammy, and we're back with I don't know, some dude that has a heavy ax and whatever you want to call him. What's his name? I forget. Yeah, I think I'm heavier.
Speaker 3: You are heavy.
Speaker 2: I think I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I know you are. Definitely.
Speaker 2: You're making me feel like I'm very smart. Yeah, you are wicked, smart, wicked.
Speaker 3: I'm you don't need me to you don't need me to tell you. It's all over the internet.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ddie.
Speaker 4: What Chad asked, She's going to ask if someone was single, you.
Speaker 2: Have any single friends? Chat where you you're in Texas Chat?
Speaker 4: Are there any upcoming projects or collaborations that your followers can look forward to?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, perfect question. She's a genius.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, so she's the educated one from Newton.
Speaker 3: Yes, next month. I am so excited. Script is finished, funniness, educating, very hot, warming as well. Were starting our Boston Dad feature film. It is the follow up feature film. My last feature length film was the award winning mo Movie Boys. We're starting it next month and we I'm putting that out there seeking a few more product placement partners for the movie and product placement for people that don't know very simple. When you watch any movie TV show, you see the Sony Vio computer, you see the can of pepsi. Those are the products and that's part of product placement. However, what we're doing be in It's an indie movie and we have the power to do it. It's our film. We are putting the product placement pot and is in the actual movie. And if there is a character per se from that particular product or business that is not shy and would like to do a cameo in the movie with the product of the business, we would love to include that as well. So that is what we are doing, and that is a way that we are helping to finance the indie film, which I think is modestly.
Speaker 2: And when I was on TV, no name brands could be seen unless they were paying for advertising. Yes they were shipping the close north Face. We could have north Face, we could have Levi's on, we could have our boots on Hallie Hansen, but if I ever had a water bottle they had would have to strip it right off.
Speaker 3: Whatever I have very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would cover my labels, oh, my shirts. That's it. No advertising to those people.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yep, that's what I learned.
Speaker 2: I gotta take the plastic polls, fring off the bottle. I'm thirsty. Yep, they come running right off. We're not giving anybody any advertising unless they're paying. But a lot of people don't even know that. What was Chad asking? Chad asked a lot of smart questions that I asked.
Speaker 4: The other one ready to she was the one asked.
Speaker 2: Anybody had isn't chat in this something over on?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Chatter is in the movie business? I don't know. I don't I don't know. I that was Chad, but maybe that could be wrong. I never know. I can't keep up with people. I'm losing my mind.
Speaker 3: You have a lot on your plate.
Speaker 2: I got a tat on my plate, a town on my plate.
Speaker 3: You do you do? Like you said the other day, you said all comic exhaust that I said, you are blasted. I'm like, when that time comes, years from now, you leave this earth, You'll say I left the legacy.
Speaker 2: You know, the legacy with the Boston accent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that well, that being one of many.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask you a personal question I can answers honestly. Let me see if you answered honestly, if you could get rid of that Boston accent not as heavy as it is, and sound a little bit more articulate without bringing that Boston sling. And I didn't ask you the question yet, Blondie, I'm asking him the question, Yes, Sam, Yes, Samseley, would you want to calm it down?
Speaker 3: I would nickname her the Sam Stuff like I nickname everybody like seriously, and that aggravates people outside of New England a lot of times. I love nicknaming people, But go ahead, what.
Speaker 2: Should be your nickname?
Speaker 4: Samster?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: The sam Stuff, the sam Stuff, the SAMs definitely.
Speaker 4: I like blond I mean in high school everyone was like Stumpy Stump.
Speaker 3: Oh. I wouldn't have called you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, terrible name then. But my point is the question was if you could have brought it down somewhat, and it's hard to do. This is the way we grew up. And you're walking into a business meet with other guys and you know they're already judging you by the way you talk, right, would you have calmed it down.
Speaker 3: No, No, no, definitely no, not at all. Never bothered you because I mean I want you want people to love you authentically for you when they fall in love with you. You want it to be because it's you and whatever and whoever you are.
Speaker 2: No, you never said yourself going to a meeting with five suits. They're going to speak so articulate and they're going to pronounce it every word and you're going to come in like the hoodlum nod those.
Speaker 3: I will tell you this. When we did our Mob movie, I you know, had many meetings with roundtables where we would treat like these potential potans and investors to dinner, God bless them and whatever not. And the folks that came on board and were very happy they did. They were all suits, and they all none of them had the accent. One doctor in particular, bless us hot with still dear friends to this day from New England, no accent whatsoever. He purposely got rid of it. He was our biggest partner and investor. So and I was always just who I am. So no, I think being who I am and who I've been has always been a blessing to me. And if you don't fit with it, then you just don't fit in my life.
Speaker 2: And then so the reason why I'm asking to me. There's one woman that comes on chatter and when she speaks, and she's from Boston. I hear the way she speaks. I'm like, do I sound like that is my accent? Like that?
Speaker 4: I love nothing more than watching you in room with everyone that has all these accolades and all these things.
Speaker 2: And all these slow down because I can appreciate it.
Speaker 4: When I'm in that room with you and all these people that you think that are smarter than you, and you basically can eat them alive. And I think that accent makes you stronger because of that. Your accent commands the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of.
Speaker 4: Them that are so smart, they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your name.
Speaker 3: And your name is perfect because it has a very Italian ring to it. I grew up with a very dear friend of mine up the street from me. Uh his name was a very very close friend to this day, Mike Stumpo. And uh yeah, I love that related. I'm gonna yeah, it has Stumpo, it has like that, it's strong. I'm gonna stump on you. I don't know, it's just and it has a great ring. I don't know if you purposely planned that, but I did perfectly plan that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it went from Leonardi to Stumpo. No, I didn't kind of blame that one. Yeah, I have kept Leonotti if I could have.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that one's great too. But I mean just your your name now has a movie star ring to it. That that whole syllable thing. I love that.
Speaker 2: So you wouldn't change a thing.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, No, not at all, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No, you know it's Sammy. I'm gonna agree with Sammy. When I walk into a room with a bunch of suits like that, I do take over that room yourself. I do. Even in chatter, those people in Chadow they make fun of my accent, but.
Speaker 4: You're smarter them.
Speaker 2: I'm not smart than chat.
Speaker 4: Chadd is so smart, I said chatter specifically.
Speaker 2: I don't care a lot of these people much smarter than me. I just know my world. I know my business. But you're more successful than that. Doesn't matter about money. Money doesn't make you smart, just makes life easier. Don't do not forget. Money does not make you smart. I didn't I know guys that have graduated.
Speaker 4: I said success. I didn't say money.
Speaker 2: Oh I maybe, yeah, I'm pretty successful. I can't take that away from me. I know I won't disparage myself on that one. But at the end of the day, I just I don't know. It's like when you talk and I'm listening to you on videos, I'm like, yikes, does he really have a boss that sent?
Speaker 3: But yeah, well, and I will tell you it's authentic. But you know, like I've had people comment before, oh, you're over exaggerating, and then there's no question different videos for if you're going more comedic, you're I said the wrong I said, you're using the row w excuse me, the wrong word. It's not exaggerate, you're embellishing.
Speaker 2: And I have a fiance that says that we what's the word bast size? Every word? Is that the word? I don't know that that's what we do to the English language here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, whatever, it's it's the same thing when.
Speaker 2: My mother English, Well, everybody walked off the Mayflower. Ross might not speak too much the Mayflower. We don't walk off the Mayflower. Where Irish immigrants as Jewish Indian immigrants. Boss is a melting pot.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: But if you go to the Brookline Hundry Club. Everybody looks like it was Blondie and blue Eyes and muff Uffy and Muffy and they're all into bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: They're definitely all into bread. Okay, I think they're all first cousins, said cousin. They want to keep the money in the family. I know what they did. We're going off to break. I'm City Stump. When you listen to Toughest Nails on WBZ, will be right back one of their and welcome back to City Stumble with Toughest Nails on WBZ. So, Boston Dad, how do people reach out?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: So you can find the Boston Dad on all social media channels YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok all just under the Boston Dad. If you want to know more about the movie, go to the silver screen, not the silver screen. It's kind of like that. The silvascreen dot org.
Speaker 2: Silver screen, not silva.
Speaker 3: T h E. S I l v A. My last name is Sila, like movie screen dot org. So the silvascreen, dot.
Speaker 2: Org, the silver screen silva. Okay, got it all right? Thank you Boston Dad for coming in on the show. When to call the night tonight, We'll see you next weekend. Everybody, have a great, safe weekend. This is Cindy Stumpo toughest nails with my beautiful blonde daughter, Samantha Stumpo