Speaker 1: It is the ben An Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that, I didn't turn my mic on.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got a huge four o'clock hour and we're gonna start with music news. Did Jelly Roll cause a head injury for somebody? Well we'll gettels of that, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: You're all work from Cowboys blockchain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're telling the people what they want blockchain.
Speaker 2: Calm.
Speaker 3: Then, we had a little fun last week, you know, with really have the last couples with Shotty because his name is Shoddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The new Cowboys coach, Brian shot nyron my guy, and we got a new Cowboy nickname over the weekend that I was not expecting. The guy in question here is Solomon Thomas. Solomon Thomas was the number two pick in the NFL draft. I want to say twenty seventeen. Okay, he is from here. He is, Actually he went to Coppel He was the number three pick. I'm sorry in twenty seventeen. All right, played for the four Niners for a few years and the Raiders, and then he's been with the Jets in New York. You remember for three straight years he doesn't remember. Yeah, because football players they can't remember. Yeah, he's actually very smart guy, went to Stanford. Good dude, a lot of charity work, like he's seen. Its like a one type person.
Speaker 2: Wow, great, let's get him on the show.
Speaker 3: We probably could. But if that makes sense, I.
Speaker 2: Bet you know we could do.
Speaker 1: We could make it hyper local cop hell day on the Benstein Show. We just played Drowning Pool. Let's get Mike the drummer from Drowning Pool and Solomon Thomas in here and do a roundtable and smarm wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh ooh triathlon? Oh no to kathlon. So Solomon Thomas is here. Now that was theying to play defensive tackle. He his ninth season in the league. But before he gets started here, he's gonna make a cameo in something called MJ. The Musical and a one night only roll June thirteenth on Broadway in New York. Wow, MJ being Michael Jackson. Oh, I didn't know if it was Michael Jordan in Jason.
Speaker 2: I was thinking Michael Jordan, m J.
Speaker 1: Linderman.
Speaker 2: I mean, so here's some.
Speaker 3: Things I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna throw out a Linderman reference.
Speaker 1: Why would that be a ward one night, there'd be a one night Broadway show of that.
Speaker 3: So in this article on the Fourth Star Telegram, Salomon Thomas has also worked as a theater correspondent for CBS over the years. What and a producer expressed excitement at bringing him aboard. Are you ready for your newest Cowboys nickname? Yep quote. Sally has been such a great supporter and friend of Broadway in our show.
Speaker 2: He's not a hockey player. This is unnecessary.
Speaker 3: We couldn't think of a better way to thank him for his time in New York than giving him his Broadway debut. And I don't think he's gonna be playing the role of Michael Jackson, but for one day, he is going to be in a play. And this is apparently like something that he's always wanted to do.
Speaker 2: In that environment.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you, I can't imagine how the NFL locker room thinks of people doing performing on Broadway. I would imagine it's very simp to me in my small town and the idea of doing the school play, because I would have loved to be in theater arts, but I would have been gay.
Speaker 2: And I think that's messed up and wrong.
Speaker 3: Here's what I would say about that, and honestly wasted an opportunity for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you would have been incredible. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think about that every day. How great Katie would have been at the school play.
Speaker 2: He would have crushed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those high schoolers, small town school play. She said, crushed or smashed. She actually made the hand gesture of crushing something when she did that. I think, Uh, I think times have evolved, and I think all those dudes, most of those dudes in.
Speaker 2: The locker room want to be famous for other stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you think times have involved huh? Not involved evolved. Have you seen the des Bryant tweet from today?
Speaker 2: I think I don't think Dez has evolved.
Speaker 3: Man, there's a big tweet about June being gay Pride a month, all right, And this is a tweet from some outlet, you know, and it's like today is the first a Pride month of the NFL is showing their support for many LGBTQ causes.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: Football is gay, football is lesbian, football is beautiful, football is queer, football is transgender. Football is everyone and.
Speaker 2: Does wait who put that out? The NFL?
Speaker 3: Some account called mL football. But I do think it was an NFL tweet. I actually do think it was. Yeah, I'm trying to see here. Yeah it was no the Trevor project or just something. I really don't know, man, I don't know. There's response Death says football is gay, football is queer, football is transgender. These are wild statements to make. Excuse my silliness. I'm going to proudly tell my boys football is none of these things. I have nothing against gays, but this is far from right.
Speaker 2: I mean, football is a sport.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, Dez isn't doing the deep dive on what they're saying. They're saying football is for every right projected an organization that is aimed.
Speaker 3: To you know, help out with you know, suicide prevention of you know, LGBTQ plus young.
Speaker 2: People, the inclusive and the words of Michael Jordan. Republicans where sneakers too.
Speaker 1: It's the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: We got so much to get to.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in music news, did Jelly Roll inadvertently give someone a head injury?
Speaker 2: K T will tell us here on The Eagle