Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 2: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 2: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard.
Speaker 1: How lucky are we Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you. We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 2: Go to glamfam dot com.
Speaker 1: Buddy, welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. Thank you so much for tuning in or watching us. We love it and we love you so much for doing that. And I'm Laura Kane and this is Eric Rimmer, Hi bff. If I missed you so much. When you're on your trip, at which we're going to talk about his fabulous trip. Yes, coming up. I also have thank you Ryan, I need my phone because we're going to show some pictures from your trip and they were stunning and we got to talk about your photos like in general too. Yes, and we also I also have a question for you guys, because there was a new survey that came out and fifty three percent of Americans do this and I want to know if you guys do this because I don't and it's kind of strange. So I have that a little bit of random news for you, and I have a quick question to ask you guys before we get into talking about doing jewelry and before we talk about your trip. Yes, all right, it's night time. It's Friday night. You're sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: What are you doing reading?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really? Probably when you were sixteen, you didn't that's you didn't go out.
Speaker 2: You didn't not I would go out to the movies or something, but I wasn't a party or anything.
Speaker 1: No, you were reading on a Friday, very shy. How did you How did you completely change from being so incredibly shy to being so outgoing.
Speaker 2: I'm actually very shy if I don't know people.
Speaker 1: No, you're not not at all. When there's people guests come in that you don't know, well, because you're just being polite, but you're not shy.
Speaker 3: My favorite face of his is still when he's listening intently to someone he doesn't know, because like it's the weirdest, like just nodding in like in like a constentated like shock.
Speaker 1: Almost when did the shift happen? Like when did you stop like being so shy and introverted and start coming out of your show when you start modeling or uh, probably yeah, I mean, well that takes non shyness to do model, so like what, yeah, but how did you even get into that in the first place.
Speaker 2: I was a friend of mine. A girlfriend of mine was going to San Diego stage. She's majoring in photography, and she asked me if I would do be the subject of her photos, and I said I didn't want to initially, and I was like all right, So as a thank you, she gave me copies of all the photos and I was walking through it was bullocks at the time.
Speaker 1: Bullocks, Oh my god, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: It's now Macy's home in Mission Valley and I was walking through there because we had life or something at the mall, and the bottom of the envelope there was so many pictures in there ripped open and a bunch of the pictures fell on the floor and I was on my knees picking them up, and all of a sudden, I'll never forget these little black peep toed high heeled shoes with red polish on the toes. And a hand reaches down and picks one up, and I hear, is this you? And I looked up and that was my agent. She wound up being my agent. Her name was Lisa, and.
Speaker 3: That story sounds made no sound.
Speaker 2: Believe it sounds she gave me. I said, I don't know. I'll have to ask my parents. I mean, I was, I was in my first year of college. Whoa, And she gave me your business card and I went home and my mom said no, and my dad said yes really, And so next thing I knew, I was on a plane flying to Chicago and then and I got my contract, and then I went to New York. And yeah, it was a lot that just sounds made up.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. I didn't even this is like I love hearing stories about you that I didn't know. Yeah, I thought I knew everything about you. That is really cool. Yeah, that is a god shot. If that if I if I've ever heard? Yeah, I was falling out on the floor and then she happens to be there and see them that.
Speaker 2: Really it was crazy. And my dad was like, hey, if you can make money off of it.
Speaker 1: Do it right. What was your mom's beef about it?
Speaker 2: Oh? She thought it was just an industry full of drug addicts and oh stuff, and it was. Yeah, but I never got involved in any of that, but yeah, it was. It was a great experience.
Speaker 1: How long did you do it?
Speaker 2: I did it for seven years? So I modeled for Hugo Boss for six and then I modeled for Guests for one.
Speaker 1: And were the contracts lucrative?
Speaker 2: I mean for Hugo Boss it was Yeah.
Speaker 1: Were they of yearly or was it like a campaign?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was. My contract to them was yearly?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah dude, And you were what eighteen or nineteen?
Speaker 2: I was like nineteen, yeah, nineteen or twenty. The weirdest thing that happened was I was working at Roadrunner Sports, huh, and they had hired a girl to work in like the customer service department or sales department or something. And she came in one day and she said, I know who you are, and I was like okay. And she had done The Lion King, the play on like on Broadway in New York, and she was adorable. And she brought in her head shot picture and she said, my sister and I I did an ad campaign for it was that huge leather company they did Leather, Wilson's Leather, I think it was. And we went to New York and did like a signing for this new ad campaign and they displayed it in like Times Square and everything, and there was a poster of all the like the four models together and she said, we went to the signing, but you left before you could sign the poster. My sister and I still have the poster. Would you sign it? What? And I was like no, and she said would you please? So she brought the poster.
Speaker 1: Oh why good? What a life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really really funny.
Speaker 1: The closest thing that happened like that to me was in high school. I was in dance. I was in the on the dance team and we'd put on a show like twice a year and casting agents, since we were so close to LA would come and just see if there were any talent out there that they so they want of the agents called me and I I auditioned for a McDonald's shamrock shake commercial. No way, remember my mom driving me down. I was one of two of girls that were picked. And I remember they gave me the script and then I had to like sit back and memorize a little bit of it. And then it was just me and this one person and like a backdrop and this set up in a camera. And I did the audition for a shamrock shakes for mcdall's. I didn't get it, but that's the closest I ever got to the big time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so funny. So one story that I have that will that stands out forever, and it's one of the main reasons that I don't drink a lot. I had been. I hardly ever lived. I was hardly ever home because I was always flying somewhere or doing some gig, always on the breadline, you know. And I had it was a holiday, so it was either Fourth of July or something like that, and I had gone over to a friend's house and there was a group of us geting together for we were going to go to I think lunch in Old Town or something, and so they said come over at like eleven o'clock or whatever. So his girlfriend was in the kitchen. She's like, do you want a fruit smoothie? And I was like, oh, you know, because I was modeling, so I never ate. I weighed like a hundred pounds, soaking wet, and I was starving, and I was like, oh, yeah, I'll have a smoothie. And so I drank it and it was delicious. It was frozen, it was peach tasted like peaches. So the only thing I remember about that afternoon was being so hammered at this Mexican restaurant we were all at and I was being so loud. Somebody came over to the table, picked me up out of the chair by my armpits, and dropped me on the floor. And I don't remember anything else except waking up on the I lived in my own apartment at that I was like nineteen and lived in my own apartment.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, you know, mister Jet said, but yeah, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: I'm so.
Speaker 2: My apartment was in North Park and it was a two story apartment complex, and so you had the cement stairs that went up and then there was the landing and then and mine was at the top of the stairs and I had like a wrap around balcony, and I remember I was fighting. I never fought with my mom. And my mom was so mad that I was going to these modeling gigs and she thought I was just like wild, and you know, she was like just so nervous about the whole thing, and I, you know, I was like, oh my gosh. We got into an argument. It's the only argument we have ever had. And she came by to see me, and I remember my head waking up and I was looking up my stairs because I heard like bang bang bang bang, you know, on the front door, and I was like, oh my god. And I was literally my head was on the concrete slab of like the middle part. And I looked up and my mom was standing there, and I thought, oh my god, what is she doing here? And I had my keys and my mom was I'm like, what are you doing here? And my mom was like, oh, I was just in the neighborhood and I I don't want to fight with you. I just came by to see you and everything, and the lock was up here and my hand was down here, vice versa. And my mom goes, you smell like a bar. Have you been drinking? And I looked at her in a mall no, and threw up all And I remember her screaming and running around by my front door, and I just went inside and passed out in the bathtub. And I will never forget because you know, at the time, there were no cell phones, no debit cards, nothing, And I remember my princess phone ringing, and you know, of course it had the cord that was like one of these that wasn't the one that was like clear and you could see or no, it was white, but you know you could the cord stretched all over the apartment, right right, right right, And I remember it was in the bathroom and my agent was like, what's wrong with you? I've been trying to get ahold of you all day and I was like, I don't feel good, and she goes, well, you better get better. Because it was my first photo shoot with uh No, it was still with Hugo Boss and we were shooting it in Palm Springs. Now, mind you, this is the middle of summer so when you're modeling stuff, you model the swimsuits in the winter and the wool coats and everything.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 2: And I remember driving out to Palm Springs and my agent was like, what is wrong, Like, what is wrong with you? I said, I had way too much to drink. She goes, You're not old enough to drink, and I was like, I, yeah, I know I was old enough to drink at the time. You were tricked into JA And I said I drank something that I didn't know how to had an alcohol in it, and she's like, are you kidding? And I'm no. So I remember we were on the main drag, like Palm Canyon Drive or something. And remember TGI Fridays. Yes, there was a TGI Fridays on the corner and it had the misters that would come out, and here we were on the main drag and every time they had to change the film because then it was film, nothing was digital. And every time they'd stopped to change the film, I would run over and throw up in the bushes because I was so I have never ever ever been before or since that hungover.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what did the pictures turn out?
Speaker 3: Of all?
Speaker 2: No, they didn't they couldn't. I don't think they could use one of Oh your agent was probably thank God for her because she told him I had food poisoning.
Speaker 1: Oh good, yeah, thank god.
Speaker 2: So they probably took pity on me and we're like, oh poor thing.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But I remember being in that wool suit, like that three piece wool you go suit, in the middle of like one hundred and twenty five degree. I was miserable.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that sounds horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 1: Brian, you're sixteen. It's Friday night.
Speaker 3: That was such a long tance.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I know I said way.
Speaker 1: Too, but it was it was I loved all this, the whole story. You're sixteen, it's Friday night.
Speaker 3: What are you doing working?
Speaker 1: Really? Whoa where are you working?
Speaker 3: Chick fil A?
Speaker 1: You were at Chick fil A? Oh yeah, you were a manager at like sixteen.
Speaker 3: Oh that wasn't until I was seventeen year Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I was a worker.
Speaker 1: You were, okay.
Speaker 3: I wasn't working at night. Probably played video games.
Speaker 1: I was sixteen. It was Friday night. I was at home until my parents went to sleep. Then I would stuff my bed to make it look like I was in bed. Sneak out of the house and one of the high school boys would come pick me up. I wasn't like a slut in high school or anything, but I loved to party. Like I didn't have sex in high school and none of that kind of stuff. But it's a I was not a good girl in other ways, but like I partied, So I would be at like somebody's house drinking all night, you know, like trying to sneak back into my house, climbing up the balcony, trying to get back in. One time, my mom caught me and she saw that it wasn't me in the bed. She was so pissed she locked all the doors and hatched it so I couldn't get in with a key. And I climbed up the balcony which led to their bedroom, and I had to knock on the door, and she's like, you are grounded. You are not going out, Like I got granded for like two weeks. So I snuck out again. I know she knows the story, and you know what, that's why I found out. When she told me she snuck into Lucille Balls Halloween party. I'm like, this is where I get it from. I got it from you you're the sneaky one, and I'm I still am sneaky anyway. So first let's talk about Dune jewelry, because I'm so excited about Dune jewelry. We're wearing our beautiful pieces. They make incredible jewelry that is their keepsakes for a lifetime, and you can They have a bank of sands from all over the world, like, for example, Eric's father grew up and was born in Canada. And when they asked us, well, we'll make you guys ring so you can show, you know, some one of the products. They're not going to have sand from Canada. They know why yeah boom, they had the exact spot where your dad was born. Sand And they have elements from all over. They have all sorts of crystals. They have like you know, crushed flowers and a Baloni shell. And you can create your own design with the different jewelry necklaces, bracelets, rings. So I sent in some of my dad's ashes, and I'm getting my sister or I designed my sister, my niece and my mom and Evan all got jewelry. So they are I think they're done. I cannot even wait for them to be delivered.
Speaker 3: To see.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm so stoked. Go to Dune Jewelry dot com. Do yourself a favor and just like poke around. You will be on that website forever, just like going, what am I gonna pick it?
Speaker 2: And it's so many cutes. Yes, there's so many nice things. And they have men's jewelry, women's. They have pendants, they have bracelets, they have rings. When you do that, there's little code that you can put in and that's Laura Kane fifteen fifteen percent.
Speaker 1: And it really makes a difference. I got to use my own code.
Speaker 2: I thought though, that was did you feel important?
Speaker 1: I felt important and I felt stoked because it brought down the price a whole lot. So anyway, Laura Kane fifteen go to Dounejewelry dot com or our website too because we have a link on there. Laura Kane after a dark So, thank you Dune for being part of our podcast. Yes, okay, so let's hear all about your trip. And I'm so I love that. Natalie came in and said that you're you're gonna you're mixing things up. You're finally like, you know, balancing, because you were all work, work, work, and I never remember you going on any trips really ever. No, you never really traveled anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: You just worked. And now you're taking the time that you deserve and you're going places. So tell us where you went and what you did, what you saw.
Speaker 2: I went to port and I've never been there before, so I didn't know what to expect. And it was lovely.
Speaker 1: Now the weather beautiful? Was it hot?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: The first couple of days there, it was very clear. It was warm, but it wasn't unpleasant at all. It wasn't humid. And then I think maybe around day four it got a little cloudy, but it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Is the water warm?
Speaker 2: Or The funny thing is is I never went in the water the entire time I was there.
Speaker 3: You went to a beach town, not to go yes.
Speaker 2: So the weird thing was is that I went on a boat. It was called Rhythms of the Night and it if you know what that means. Oh no, if you ever get the go to Porto Iota and you get the chance to go, it was incredible to circ to solet show on a private island and you have to take a boat to get there. You can't get there by car you have to take a boat in. And I thought I didn't do any research on it. But my boss had been and a couple of friends had been, and they said, oh, if you do anything, do this. And I thought, Okay, it's going to be like a fire pit with some dancers, right yeah, and there's gonna be some tables and it's gonna be kind of janky or whatever. It was a production like you've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was beautiful and they had it's literally a fixture on this island. There is nothing else on that island but this cool Yeah, and it was really pretty. It was like smack out in the middle of the jungle rhythms of the night. And if you do it, do the VIP, it's like twenty bucks more. But it's a whole different experience.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, happy birthday, Oh thank you. It was on the eighth. He was their first birthday. So did you go on your birthday?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I actually went, uh, wait, did I go on my birthday?
Speaker 1: You send me a picture with a big old candle? So I thought that was yes.
Speaker 2: I did do that on my birthday. Oh and then no, that was at ye and it's a Japanese restaurant that was at the base of the building that I was staying in and it was fantastic. And then shout out to Darwin and Anna from it's a restaurant called I See You, just I See You, and it's in the romantic district of Puerta Virata and they that food was the best I had had the entire time I was there. Oh wow, And the staff was fantastic. Anna, And.
Speaker 1: Is there a like an Is there a night life?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of bars. There's a lot of clubs and a lot of bars. And strangely enough, I when we were waiting to get on the flight, these two guys walked into the VIP lounge at San Diego Airport and one of the guys says to me, you look really really familiar. I'm not sure where I know you from, but I know. So we what VIP lounge at the airport? How are you in a vip lounge? You can pay to go in. It's like twenty bucks and then you don't have to sit out with all the matter. Really you get free food.
Speaker 1: So does you buy this ahead of time?
Speaker 2: You can walk right up to the counter.
Speaker 1: At San Diego, limberg.
Speaker 2: Field, Yes, it is. Eric would be the person to pay for the if I have never done that before, and it is the best money you will ever spend, I would love her. There's hardly they have a private bathrooms, showers everything. Yeah, oh yeah, totally. It was great. So we wound up exchanging information and all going to dinner one night, and it was so funny because it was one of the guys. It was his birthday on the tenth and he was going for his birthday. So so after they were tired and went home, we were like, oh, let's just walk around and poke our heads into these different clubs. We poked her into one club and I'm like, I am not what happened going in here? Well it let me put it this way. There was a stripper pole from the second floor to the first floor and that's.
Speaker 3: Called a firepole.
Speaker 2: Yes, And there was a lot of lap dancing going on, a lot of zippers coming down and things coming out. And I was like, a nope, this was like an orgy or something. No, but the strippers were definitely working hard for their money.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you this. When I when I went to where did I go in Mexico last year. No I go there. I go no, No, it's down like everybody goes there, like it's uh yes, Cabo, dude, the it's the doll and the dolls doing this to me. Now, No, I'm always like this. Yeah. When I was in Cabo and we were downtown because we were staying in the downtown area, every other person following me, you want have a cocaine? You want cocaine all that? Do you want? You want ecstasy?
Speaker 2: Do you want? I'm like, so this is the thing that's It was weird.
Speaker 1: There's non stop.
Speaker 2: The first time someone said that to me. Now, mind you, there are kids that were there. We're walking to breakfast or lunch or something like. We had just gotten off the plane and put our stuff in the room and we're walking to lunch and this guy's like cocaine and I'm like what Like I was like, huh, but never and I'm at this. By the end of the TRUP, I had been asked probably fifty or sixty times if I wanted drug, Like, oh yeah, name it, Mary Jane, like do blow like every term you could. I mean, they were asking people that were in like their eighties on a Walker liked cocaine, and they were like, what the hell did you just ask me? But never once I feel unsafe. It was and everybody was so nice and the funny yeah okay. And what area of was the Romantica?
Speaker 1: Okay that's what you recommend?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. And it's so close to everything, you can walk to everything. The only time we had to take an uber was to the boat.
Speaker 1: What is your high point? What was your little point?
Speaker 2: I had no. The only low point was and it wasn't even a low point because you just don't even respond. Was you know, people panhandling like asking do you want a sombrero? Do you want?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: My point was probably show Well.
Speaker 2: The high point was the Sunset Cruise at the very last night that I was there. Because you can buy these tours online and they're very inexpensive and I am not a booze cruise fan at all, like Grandpa here, No way, no, And so I thought, I know what this thing is going to be. It's going to be just hundreds of people on this and you're trapped on a boat drunk. I'm going to be trapped, I can't get off. I'm going to be on this thing for four hours. It was amazing. So it was a guy that owns this private yacht. There were ten people on it. His staff were fantastic. They take you out into the ocean for the sunset.
Speaker 1: You sent me were in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it was. It was crazy and there were whales no way bouncing along next to us, and the nicest people on that boat, the nicest people. We had a blast and so yeah, I mean that's pretty much what it looked like all the time.
Speaker 1: Look at that, Yeah, I mean, that's just one of the beautiful sunset pictures. It's just I wish we could see all of the You sent me so many pretty pictures of just like buildings and look at this one. This is one has some clouds in it. That was pretty.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful. But the best part was the shopping, so you know. And my thing was so on the sunset cruise. There were two guys on there and they basically worked with the travel They'd been there for years, like fifteen years or something. They were so nice, and so I was asking all these questions. They were probably like, can you just leave us alone? But I was, I had all these questions, and I was like, so it seems like there's a lot of the same shops in Port of Iarta that sell like the long prairie skirts and then the with wicker baskets with flowers and stuff on them, and the figurines and everything, and there are easily one hundred stores with all the same stuff in it T shirts. It's like deja vu. Every third store is like one of these, and he goes, tourism is so good here that they and they all seem to be busy. So I had gone to see the church. I think I sent you one of the pictures of it, this beautiful Catholic church that's there. Well, right past that is the art district, And so we were walking through the art district and we come upon this place called matt Man Made, m A N. N Made, and it's a furniture store, and the women that run it were incredible. Yeah, that church was beautiful inside, and the architecture there is just gorgeous. And so we're talking about everything in the store. I liked. There wasn't a thing in that and I was like, Oh, I don't know how to get a coffee table into my bag, but I did.
Speaker 1: You were able to get everything back in your suitcase.
Speaker 2: You are not gonna believe this. So I come out of this store with three huge tote bags and they had wrapped everything, and I'm like, how am I gonna get all this stuff home? I have one small suitcase and a carry on bag like a backpack. I'm like, how am I gonna get I got every single thing.
Speaker 1: Popped in there?
Speaker 2: Did you what you did? And I thought, if I go through customs, then they asked me to open my bag. Not one thing broke.
Speaker 1: Knock on wood, Oh my god, did you have to like sit on your suitcase?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I was so nervous the whole flight. I was like, because the flight back was a little rocky, it was a little turbulent, and I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, so well, this would be the perfect time to bring it, to bring out the things you got us? Would you get us.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: This would be the perfect time to bring them out.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember. I know, God, Wow, you're actually really gonna like what I got you?
Speaker 1: No, you're you didn't get me anything.
Speaker 2: I did know you didn't I did.
Speaker 3: You just said you didn't get it?
Speaker 2: Said no, I forgot to bring it.
Speaker 1: Well, can you tell me what it is?
Speaker 2: You probably already know what it is.
Speaker 1: Is it that thing? Is that picture that you sent me? No, oh my god, he goes, look, I found a picture of you. It's like this skeleton Skelton skeleton was like blonde hair, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, no, no, no, that was at that was in front of one of the stores when we went thinking of you. Oh my god, Well no, this does look somewhat like you. I mean really with like the huge jugs, you know, and the blonde hair.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what it'll look like when I'm dead, my fake hair and my fake hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your fake hair and your fake pooves. I mean, super super cute. But no, it was a great time and the food was great and once again Darwin and Anna at Icu they were amazing and that the food was incredible.
Speaker 3: Did they all speak English down there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, towards them, Yeah, because they'll come up and they'll go, do you speak Spanish? And I'm like, only if I getting arrested, you know, so are you going to go back? Oh for sure? And the airbnb, the owners, why did.
Speaker 1: You choose to stay in an airbnb rather than like a resort.
Speaker 2: Just because it was so central to everything? And it was beautiful. I sent you pictures of that Airbn.
Speaker 1: You didn't send me pictures of their Oh.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful. And then the it had a rooftop pool and you walk out and you just guess because it's just a full scope of the ocean and the hillsides of Porta Iota. And they sent me an email today and they're like, we loved having you as a guest. That place was so clean when we went in. Yeah, they were like, it doesn't even look like anybody stayed there. So yeah, they're like we will have you any time.
Speaker 1: So oh my god. Well I'm glad you had a good brig.
Speaker 2: Guess what I got? Oh, this was the good news I had for you. I just remembered what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he right, He sends me a text, Oh and I have great news, And then I saw I called him to what was the good news?
Speaker 2: Is like, yeah, I just remembered. What's I got? My Global entry? Oh? You got Centry Century?
Speaker 3: Yea all cent global entry?
Speaker 1: Century?
Speaker 3: Another different Global?
Speaker 1: Well global is different than century.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, which one did you get?
Speaker 2: I got Global?
Speaker 3: You should have got Centric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, well, now that he has Global, it's probably it'll be easier for him to get centric.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, it's it'll still because it's just not as specialized as Century is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know you. I don't think you can go through the sentry lines in acrossing the border with the global I'm not sure they said you can.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I think you can. Century is ideal, but I think global entry is fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, global entry gets you in, is going to change your life.
Speaker 3: I knows a pre check and I am you are.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love my TSA pre check. Yep, love it.
Speaker 1: I know you give him that number that you're global because I well I have.
Speaker 3: Century anyway, excuse to go to Tiana those I know right.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and ros Rita. Sometimes you're feeling fancy there and feeling fancy. But I'm telling you, when you see that line and you're like, oh, just bypass the line, you can go right through the and it takes you twenty minutes across instead of three hours, it's worth Oh my god, it was worth everything. But they do background checks and they do fingerprinting, they do all the things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is also a tip that people should take. Is the only place that they do the the interviews at is at the border or at the airport. For global it's at the airport. Our airport, our airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did it for clear. It depends on who the provider is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so if it's global entry, they only do it at the airport, and if.
Speaker 1: It's Century, you have to do it down at the border on the US side.
Speaker 2: At the border on the US side. Yes, so to make an appointment it is months out.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Oh, it takes a long time to get but oh this is the this is the tip.
Speaker 2: Walking in you can say, hey, I just applied for my global entry. Can someone interview me now done?
Speaker 1: What made you think of that? Or did you hear that?
Speaker 2: I heard that?
Speaker 3: Did you do it? Did it work? Yeah? Oh how much did it cost?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was about cost.
Speaker 2: Eighty Yeah, so I have the t S A pre check and then I have the global entry.
Speaker 3: Well oh, if you get global entry, yeah, yeah, I done it the other way around. I know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I to both of you, that good for you, only.
Speaker 3: For going to Mexico. Shut up, that's the only place that's good.
Speaker 1: Maybe Canada any border, any border, Yeah, you only have two of them. Well, the Canadian border does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's two, one and two wasn't South.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, Canada might be part of the US soon.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that would be so funny.
Speaker 1: Now we don't get political here, right, No, we don't get political.
Speaker 2: But I laughed out loud because he's a Trump voter.
Speaker 1: I laughed.
Speaker 2: I am not because I'm also I have to say this, Carrie Underwood, I'm very disappointed in you.
Speaker 3: No listen or did she what did she do?
Speaker 2: No, she's going to sing at the inauguration. Oh, very love that.
Speaker 3: Your favorite president, your.
Speaker 1: Favorite No, when he I think I laughed out loud when he said it's going to be We're going to rename the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a jew. I thought it was an snl skit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, though, I'm here for it. That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not here for it. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: To be fair, we do have more coastline on it.
Speaker 1: Than there's more important things I worry about.
Speaker 3: I think they should do it, though, Joe, because it'd be so funny.
Speaker 2: I think it's the most people ask.
Speaker 3: The Gulf of America. That's hilarious. Oh god, I love that. That's so damn. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what did Greenland do?
Speaker 3: Nothing but what they want it? Yeah, it's actually okay, wait, they want Greenland. Trump wants Greenland to.
Speaker 2: Greenland do to deserve.
Speaker 3: Really smart idea. We actually for Greenland would be smart for us to take, but it probably won't happen.
Speaker 1: No, well is ours for the taken?
Speaker 3: No, we we at one point I had a claim to it when it was first settled by Denmark. It's complicated, but we have a lot of military there to protect trade routes. And Trump's like, dude, we give a twist then if we're going to do all this work.
Speaker 2: So oh okay, it'sperating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not anyway.
Speaker 1: That I just brought that up. So it was funny.
Speaker 3: It is funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a little bit of roundo news. Just play the music, because why not we haven't played any sound this whole entire.
Speaker 3: No. No, when I when I turned on, it turns you off initially.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we don't want that. We want something that's going to turn you on.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why I found the lover's card. You're sitting right there, man, listen to me.
Speaker 2: When oh hey, before I forget, did you hear about that actress Reese that was stabbed with a knife?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: He was just going to squirrel look squirrel? Oh shiny object.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about that actress Reese that was stabbed?
Speaker 1: No? Wait, you're supposed to do a double D?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I gotta do music?
Speaker 3: Did you get fast wasted so much time?
Speaker 1: I well, let's play the double D music and be part of the double D?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you saying him a joke? Here? Just okay? To go along with his joke real quick? Please?
Speaker 2: Did you hear about the actress Reese was stabbed?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Who is she?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 3: What I supposed to say?
Speaker 2: You say Reese Witherspoon? And then I say no with a knife.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: I'm on Laura's thank you, God, you too.
Speaker 1: I believe everything, And I hate when people set up jokes and I'm thinking it's a real story, and then then I start to realize it's taking a.
Speaker 3: Turn on my there's also only one recent Hollywood that's notable, right.
Speaker 1: What's going on? What's going on in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: I'm sure nothing interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody passed away, But all Eybdy could talk about is the fires.
Speaker 1: Obviously a lot of people lost.
Speaker 2: I have, Yes, I have a list of some Hollywood notables that have lost.
Speaker 1: That their homes are discerned, the long long Yes.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to emit some names because I don't even know who they are. Okay, okay, but Miles and Kylie Teller.
Speaker 1: Miles Teller, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Melo Venta Meglia, Oh yeah, he was in Heroes. Yes, mel Gibson, Beyonce's mom, Tina Knowles, Cameron Mathis and Candace Kane who's the uh transactress, Jennifer Love, Hewitt, Billy Crystal, Brad, Paisley and Kimberly Williams, Paisley, Anna Ferris, Carrie Els from Princess Bride, Diane Warren, the Jeff Bridges, Candy Spelling, that huge mansion, the Spelling mansion, did they or did she? They did? And that burned Jeff Bridges was the neighbor, so that huge mansion is gone. Ricky Lake, Melissa Rivers, John Rivers daughter, Julia, Louis Dreyfus, John c Riley, Anthony Hopkins, Eugene Levy, James Woods.
Speaker 1: That video was my god, he was Oh I heard that audio and oh it was terrible.
Speaker 2: Adam Brody and Layton Measter. Paris Hilton lost her Malibut home. She found out by watching the news.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, Joshua Jackson, and then Mandy Moore partially lost her house. Jamie Lee Curtis donated a million dollars to the relief fund that Paris Hilton set one up. They said that there were six fires. One they think was started by the propane tank from a homeless encampment, and then another one. I read that they arrested somebody for starting one of the other fires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there. I think there's a couple possible cases of arson maybe yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the winds went from fifty to one hundred miles an hour. Did you see some of those videos?
Speaker 1: It was crazy and they're coming back apparently not severe, not a severe, a severe.
Speaker 2: So I read today that many award shows have been canceled or postponed, so some of them are. The Academy has extended OSCARS voting through January seventeenth. The nominations were to be announced on the nineteenth. That's now going to be on the twenty third. It's going to be a virtual event, so there's no media coming. It's just going to be a virtual event. When they announced the nominees. The Oscar Lunch is canceled. The Scientific Tech Awards for the Oscars is being rescheduled. The ninety seventh Oscars are still planning to air on March second at the Dolby Theater. Conan O'Brien is still the host.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'll be good.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's being virtual instead?
Speaker 2: Though the Academy Award nominations when they read them.
Speaker 1: They usually do have an audience for that.
Speaker 2: It's a huge press event. It's all processed, Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that should just be like a public release email or something, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then all the the following Hollywood premieres for the these films have been canceled. Back in Action, the new Cameron Diaz and I Forget what his name is was canceled, Marron The Pit, Better Man the Pit is on right now? Yeah, but they the new season that was canceled, wolf Man was canceled, Real Bugs Life, the new Jennifer Lopez movie Unstoppable, one of them days, and then the last show Girl premieres have all been canceled.
Speaker 3: Nothing I would have been.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait to see the last show Girl. I'm seeing it on Who is this Pamela Anderson? Oh, and she's gotten such great reviews. I cannot Did you.
Speaker 1: See the Demimore reaction to her Golden Globe? That was pretty cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really cool. The Critics Choice Awards have been postponed until the twenty sixth, The Bathto Awards are canceled, and then the I think that's it for right now. Uh new show on Amazon Prime called Population eleven. Watch it, you will love it.
Speaker 1: I'm down. It's what's it about?
Speaker 2: So? I don't want to say too much, but it's about a guy that is searching for his dad. It's Australian but there's no subtitles. It's and I.
Speaker 1: Put subtitles on everything. It doesn't know I love options.
Speaker 2: And all hell breaks loose.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: It is so good and it is funny too. The writing is great. Population eleven, Population eleven. And then I do have one other thing that I need to tell you that happened when I was imported RITA. What as walking down the boardwalk and it's it's a gorgeous, gorgeous boardwalk and there's all these palm trees and there's live music and you know, so much going on. And through the palm trees, I see a parasailor and the body is just hanging and wobbling around and it looks like they're unconscious. And I'm I nudge my friend and I'm like, that doesn't look too good. And he looks over and he goes, oh my god, are you kidding? And I'm like what? And as I look again, I realize it's a toy. That someone was flying on the beach of a of a parachute with somebody hanging off of it. And I thought it was a live person. Yeah, I thought, oh my god, they passed out. This is not gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's end this show with this with one little Rando news story.
Speaker 2: How about that sounds good.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. They did a survey and fifty three percent of Americans do this. I don't, but I want to know. Of you guys be in the shower, No do you? Though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't think it's weird me sometimes so sometimes I don't think it's that weird.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either. I mean, come on, what's.
Speaker 3: Just done yourself and something?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, come on, wash it so bad?
Speaker 3: Okay, so she peece herself.
Speaker 1: Okay. According to a survey, nearly half over half of Americans carry a backup pair of underwear with them at all times.
Speaker 3: No, no, never been an issue.
Speaker 1: Never been an issue for me. It was an issue for you one time. You should multiple times, actually you should carry you back up here, like in your glove cizreware underwear.
Speaker 3: Would you call you're so pair of no underwear?
Speaker 1: Well, in casey has an incident like you did on the toll road extra pan.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, I was towels. I was commando there too.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: That was the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the problem.
Speaker 1: It wasn't contained.
Speaker 2: No, oh god, that.
Speaker 1: Was that was That was a dumb thing. But we're just a dumb little question.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: One final thing. If you guys want to see something super cool, you don't even have to buy anything. You just can go in there at the Lafayette Hotel is Oh, Brian told us about it because he had dinner there. Oh my gosh, we had a little roommate playdate the other two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It was always sounded dirty. Yeah, it did that sound dirty?
Speaker 3: You sound like it was like a play date.
Speaker 2: It was like fun.
Speaker 3: It was worse than just date. It sounds way more sexual than date. Ye sounded like edible underwear. Yeah, adults use play date, then it's weird.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we all went out to the Lafayette just to check it out, and oh my god, it's so cool and there's like different rooms and themes and and the pool area is beautiful and like.
Speaker 2: A band is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't feel.
Speaker 1: It doesn't issue. You're transported into a different world. And we there's like like the restaurant that you really love, yes, And then there's like a little diner in there, and we ate at the diner because it was really packed everywhere else. Then there's that round, big round bar in the middle, and then LULUs is where mal Hall worms.
Speaker 3: I haven't been down there, but I've heard it's gorgeous in there.
Speaker 1: There there was a band playing and it sounded like a like a like a jazz band. But we didn't go inside because it was like a twenty five dollars cover fee. We're like, well, we don't really want to sit and watch this band. It was mal for sure, but anyway, but it looked cool. It was all like leopard print and stuff. It was just the neatest place. So if you want to go on a fun field trip one night, go to the hotel, well, I mean you don't have to, Like I said, you don't really have to buy anything if you don't want to. You could just walk around and look at the rooms, take some cool pictures and and then take and then make a reel put on Instagram like I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Oh don't you winked at me? You're a winker, don't.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I don't trust winkers. When people wink at you. That's weird, isn't it.
Speaker 2: And thank you for your beautiful birthday song to me?
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I always stop it. I sang his own special birthday song.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Anyway, I'd like to play a little part of that.
Speaker 1: You have wait? Oh yeah, because I send it on video. Oh my god, this is bad. I know.
Speaker 3: It's just he just keeps throwing at the most random crap at the most random times. That drags on, and.
Speaker 2: I know but you know that's what I do. I just drag things on.
Speaker 1: So I'm just s I send it to Oh God, his name is Eric, and I love him today.
Speaker 3: He makes me shumbarrassed about.
Speaker 1: This in a single breath. But that doesn't mad because I want him by my side. He takes everything not so much in stride.
Speaker 4: But my rimmer, my, no, that's gross, really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I thought it was so sweet.
Speaker 1: Well that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: We call cringey.
Speaker 1: It was fair, okay, I will give you that.
Speaker 2: It made me tingling down.
Speaker 3: There are you straightening him out?
Speaker 1: I must wow my beautiful voice. Hey, you know anyway, you guys, thank you so much for watching and listening. And we're back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: We've got lots of things planned for don't wink at me coming up this year and we'll get to oh including the magical Holiday Box, which we didn't get around to giving away. But we have more things to add and we'll call it something else, so we have something.
Speaker 2: Cool with it's gonna be the there we go.
Speaker 1: We have a we have a lot of stuff that call love box love Oh for Valentine. Oh, and we're supposed to find me love maybe can I just say one thing.
Speaker 3: You were at the la A you should have done it there.
Speaker 2: Why don't we call it? Why don't we call it Laura's hot box?
Speaker 1: When Natalie Vale came the last episode she left and left behind by accident was one of her tarot cards and the card was the Lover's and I found it and I think that means something. And that's all I'm going to say anyways, So I can't wait to talk to her about it. Oh, stop rolling your eyes like it. That's why I made this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: This is Brian's Okay, this is Brian with us all the time.
Speaker 3: You guys are just rabbit holing incessantly. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, well this thing all right, we're spiraling out of control.
Speaker 3: It's just like you guys did like a loaded crack or something.
Speaker 1: I know, well I told you this, Well Nat you did too. This This house is chaos and needs to be cleansed. I know the house is fine, all right. Anyway, Love you guys so much, Love you guys. Love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I love you, okay, Brian, love your podcast.
Speaker 1: There we go. I love you my sweepee.
Speaker 2: Hey, Laura, don't do that ever again.
Speaker 1: Bye. I mean it