Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six on demand.
Speaker 2: Scott, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hi Scott, you there? Hello?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: How can I help you? Hi?
Speaker 3: Jesus?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Scott?
Speaker 3: Recently I lost my wife of thirty four years. She passed away.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: A year ago I took her to the clinic. I've been out worked for two and a half years, with no income, no sistance. The local clinic is where I took her to and they were the only thing open to us. And they didn't diagnose her with cancer. They never ran any test for cancer. She was fifty three. And I've continually tried to you know, I've given it over to the Lord, and I kind of envisioned it as laying it on his altar for him to take care of. Oh yeah, I've felt through other times in my life that that's what the Lord would have me do, is to take these things, these problems, these unfair things, and take them to him and leave it there and forgive. It's been very hard.
Speaker 2: And now that brings you to today. And what's your question for me today?
Speaker 3: Am I right in doing that? Is that the right thing?
Speaker 2: In bringing your woes before.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the devil always tempts me to take it back and I have to. You know, he shoves it in my face and I just say no, I have to take it back and put it back on the altar.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what the enemy does. I mean, the enemy is trying to spread doubt. But do you feel that it was every hospital, Every doctor is a human being, and every hospital is filled with human beings. They can make mistakes and some of them lead to death. You have to and many people are misdiagnosed or undiagnosed when they go into any place. So it's more when it comes to action or being, you know, suing or doing any sort of reaction in that sense, you have to look at whether you believe it to be negligence, and the reason why you'd want to sue or make a big deal out of something that was negligent. It was in hopes of keeping others safe in a similar or even different circumstance. That would apply the judgment of those individuals, and you want to say, hey, listen, I don't think these individuals are judging well when it comes to these medical issues. And you shed light on it. But if it's just a mistake and it's something that could have happened outside of gross negligence, then you have to just understand that's the way some things go. People will miss things. There's also doctors that catch things and save lives, but it's a process of diagnosis and not exactly the most perfect science. Do you feel that they were negligent?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, telling us that it was MS, and I even telling us that could be cancer, considering her aunt died of calling cancer and her sister had calling cancer. Oldest sister had calling cancer.
Speaker 2: Now did they have all of the files in history?
Speaker 3: Our history? We gave it to him when we went there, but they never mentioned cancer. They just actually they did dinecological exam, X ray and blood test, and they did it over and over and over and over at the many months we were there, what.
Speaker 2: Were the symptoms that were plaguing.
Speaker 3: Her weakness and getting weaker? And after three weeks of putting us through three tests, they told us to go away for a month because they said they weren't finding anything. So we came back after a month and they said, oh, we think it's MS. So it wasn't until she came down with a domino pain. After ten days of a dominal pain, they said, well, we think you'd better take her to er. We think she's having appendicize attack. And after twenty hours an er they did finally did a cat scan and said there was a mask down there, and they said it was too late for them to do anything. They said it spread through her liver, through her abdomen, through the abnomen law, and through both the rovaries.
Speaker 2: Now, is there anyone any of the doctors involved saying and doctors tend not to want to say these things, but is or any of them saying that if you had that extra month or those couple of weeks, that it would have been different, because from what you're telling me, it sounds like it wouldn't have made a difference.
Speaker 3: Well, see, we see her oldest sister. Four years ago, she had a dominal pain. Her husband took her to the hospital sixty miles away, was the nearest town. They did a cat scan the same day. A few days later they did the operation. We removed the section of the calton where the cancer was in and she's been fine.
Speaker 2: Hmm. That's rough. That's rough to hear.
Speaker 3: And that's the oldest sister, My wife was the baby of the family.
Speaker 2: Well, Scott, I will say this that this is not, you know, obviously not a legal show, and that's not what we do here. This is a moral show. And when it comes to being in situations in the way you described that situation, sounds like there were some balls that were certainly dropped, and I think it's legitimate if you want to pursue a legal action and find out if maybe there is a case there, but none of that brings your wife back. The only hope that you have in cases like this is again to punish financially those involved and put a mark on the record so that others may be protected in the future. That is your goal, not you know, receiving large sums of money, not getting your wife back. These things should you know your wife's not going to come back, and the money should not be of great importance. What should be importance is what is right, and fighting for what is right is a difficult thing at times. A lot of times it gets tied in with other agendas and gets confused and twisted, and really you have to stand strong on what you believe. It's a horrible story, Scott, and I'm sorry for your loss. But if there was some negligence there on behalf of the medical facility in which you chose to take her, you might want to follow that up. But litigation, and you know the lawsuits that tend to fly back and forth freely in the United States, really should be the last resort and should be used as defense of your fellow human beings. That you're doing it to help protect other people from something that you see to be unjust and potentially a huge problem, even life threatening, and that should be the goal. And if that's the goal, then God will bless that. If it's revenge, oh, if it's for money, if it's any of these things that's not of God. It's not productive and it helps no one. This show focuses on right and wrong, that which is just, and sometimes that ties into law or medicine or whatever. But really it's about doing what you know to be right. And the scripture is that guidepost to take you through those things. Does that mean that that it has every single scenario you could possibly imagine and you're going to find them all in there with a simple answer and says do this when this happens. No, it's not that kind of book. But you are called to do that which is righteous and just in all things, and that's not always easy. Now, that doesn't mean that everything that happens to you, that feels bad, or every ugly thing you go through, that there's going to be a clear way or a clear enemy or a problem that can be solved. That will be part of your growth as well. There'll be a time where you have to look at a situation and go okay, there. It isn't as easy as you know. There's a leak. Plug the leak. Sometimes you'll experience things that you have to grow through and learn about yourself and and some of them could be incredibly weighty. There are p people that are intentionally trying to harm you in life that you need to defend yourself against. And there's people that will make mistakes in your life and they will affect you. And I know it's gotten to a place on this planet where everybody is so quick to point fingers. It becomes the easy response and the natural reaction for all things problematic, right, just blame someone else. And although I don't want you to get into that mindset, there are times where you need to stand up for something and say this is an injustice or something wrong has been done, And I don't want you to get to a state of being complacent where you just kind of brush it off. And I know that the world continues to push on you that it's silly to stand up for certain things, or oh that's so petty, or that's but if something's wrong or somebody has done something wrong to you in a small way, it's okay to correct them. And there will be times where someone does something that has major consequences that you may have to stand up for. The key is to use your discernment to have the ability to make judgment calls to see which situation is which. That you're not always so happy just ready to jump onto the litigation bandwagon with everybody else, but it is a legitimate tool of defense, and I think that you can have, you know, one or two directions to go in. There are many Christians that are so passive that they think, well, you know, I'll just pray for them, but there's practical things you need to do. And then there's Christians that are trying to shove righteousness down everybody's throat, that everybody's wrong and constantly correcting them, and that can be equally a problem. Maria, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Jesus, Jesus. I left my husband after thirteen years.
Speaker 2: Some abuse, what kind of abuse.
Speaker 1: Bullying and intimidating and pushing me, and I just didn't do anything about it. I was just quiet about it and didn't want to aggravate the situation and thinking that it was my fault. And maybe if I didn't do this, or if I didn't do this, or if I didn't do this, but nothing, really I have come to find out if.
Speaker 2: He didn't beat you or anything.
Speaker 1: Correct, he didn't get to that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, good you didn't let him get to that point. Good for you. But there was there was an escalation of his adam tutor anger towards you.
Speaker 1: Yes, three and a half years ago I told him that that I was going to lead him right and then he and then he said because of the same thing. And then he said, no, I'm going to straighten up. You'll see, just give me another opportunity. So after three and a half years went by and he went ahead and became enraged again, and this time I almost fell down the stairs. So I said, no, I'm not going to continue this. My son had gone to college at that time, and I said to myself, you know, there's there's no reason. Now. I thought it was, you know, my son and whatever, problems of growing up.
Speaker 2: And it's it's very easy to make excuses or justify when someone's horrible like that. But but really all you're doing is making excuses and justifying being in a horrible situation.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I've come to find that out because after that I he started pursuing me after I left him, and all change and all change and the change that has occurred in him. He's gone to wanger management. He went to a therapist.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he is making legitimate strides towards bettering himself.
Speaker 1: Yes, on his own.
Speaker 2: That was going to be my next question if he was doing therapy. Now, did you guys do therapy together at all?
Speaker 1: No, we haven't done merphy together at all. And on his own. We did go ahead and start going to church, something that I had been begging him to do for those thirteen years, but on his own. He did it on his own contacts to the priest. So we are back at church now, we're going every Sunday, and Jesus, I still see bits of him, of the old him. I still see bits of him, and I'm still in thelapy, but I would like to know. I'm scared of going back and it happening again. So what do I need to do. I've asked you to send many people you know for guidance, and paid about it. But now I don't know if I should go back or when to go back.
Speaker 2: And were there were there signs of this Maria prior to marrying.
Speaker 1: I think there was? Okay, I think there was?
Speaker 2: And where do they stem from it? Does he drink or he doesn't use any substances or anything?
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't drink. It seems to be anger from childhood.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what triggers it? When does it seem to pop up and rear its ugly head?
Speaker 1: When when I stand up to him and when I say, no, this is not the way it's going to be. You know, this is the way now that you will need to talk to me. You know you will need to talk to me the way that I speak to you. And during this time I think I've had I have more self confidence now, so he is more aware of that.
Speaker 2: But and so this, but and so that exacerbates it and makes it worse, or because he must have been doing it before you stood up to him, Otherwise you wouldn't have anything to stand up to him for.
Speaker 1: So it seems that when he wants his will done, for example, if he says no, this is not going to happen, and if I challenge him.
Speaker 2: On it, what would be what would be an occasion of that? What would be something that he would say, I put my foot down and don't want you to do it.
Speaker 1: When I wanted to bring my forty year old not forty year old. Oh, okay, perfect example. My son wants to come home from college and he says no, he should be staying in college. And I said, well, but this is his first week and he wants to come home for this weekend. He goes, no, you will not be picking him up today, and I said, yes, I have to work.
Speaker 2: Why why do you think he doesn't want you to?
Speaker 1: Well that that first time he told me, Oh, he values his privacy okay, and he wants his privacy. He doesn't want to this is not his son.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then why don't you Why don't you respect that your your son's an adult? Why don't you respect your husband's household.
Speaker 1: Mh is this I think my my friend needed me?
Speaker 2: Okay? And why in what context did your son need you? Does he need a place to live?
Speaker 1: No, he just wanted to come down because it was something new to him. It was something new. But after four or five months I've gone by.
Speaker 2: I mean, how many children do you have?
Speaker 1: Just one?
Speaker 2: And your relationship with him is you're close? Obviously?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And did did he grow up in the house with your with your husband not his father?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so he grew up with you. Guys, Traditionally, men, whether biologically the father or not or going to have different feelings about children coming back than women. If women had it their way, most of the time, children wouldn't grow up at all. They want to keep them at home. Women are nurturers, and when you have the desire to nurture your child, that's going to be forever. That's not going to stop. And women, oftentimes not all the time, oftentimes define themselves based on the family relations and their children, whereas a man tends to define himself on his job by his job. And that's why men tend to go into depression or frustration when they're when they go through leaving work and finally retiring, whereas women tend to go through it when they're going through men or the children are leaving and they don't have that connection with the children in the same way, in the same sense. So I understand that there's there's some conflicting things that are going on in the home, But this is this is not a man who's saying, you know, it bugs me when you know you make my food this way and or you know, I don't like when you put my drink in this glass or that glass. This is somebody who's saying, hey, this is my home too, and you're not respecting it. People yell for different reasons, Maria, But most of the time they can, you know, they can have mental issues, they cannot care about what other people have to say. But oftentimes people yell because they feel they're not being heard and that men are are not not great with explaining their emotions. Men from the men from the moment they're born, are taught that things can escalate to a physical conflict very quickly, not the same for women. Women tend to do different things to fight each other than men do. So it's not that men like to fight. Men are very physical that they love physically, they hate physically, they argue physically, they do everything physically, and that can be incredibly intimidating to a woman. And you should never ever stand for being put in a place of intimidation where you don't feel secure in your own home. However, what I do want you to hear and that some people do not okay. So first, clearly, if there is real abuse going on, physical or otherwise, if they emotional abuse, then absolutely you need to defend yourself from that and leave that situation. What I want to find out, and unfortunately, the length of time that we have during the program and the focus that we have here is you can't always get these things out. I'm hearing one side, not his, and all those things, and it's very easy to go, well, the man's bad. I want you to look at a couple of things when these occasions come up. Are maybe you doing the thing that you're saying he's doing. Are you demanding that something is going to happen in that house? It's his household too now, Effectively, the best way to do it is that you both are partners and have a say in what goes on. And if he's not expressing it properly. If he's just putting his foot down and trying to intimidate, it's because he feels possibly that he doesn't have a voice in the situation. So communication is going to be a key here. And I think it's great that he's going to therapy and having another party come in and look at what's going on. But I think a great thing would be for the two of you to go into therapy together. If you have a pastor that does it, a couple's therapy would be great. If not, you can find some. You can even find Christian based ones, which of course I would prefer, but you can find these a place where you can voice what you're expressing to me and saying, listen, I miss my son, and men, as your son grows up, that's not your son anymore, that's another man in the house. That's another potential alpha dog that the man is going to want to battle with on his own turf. And as men get older, they want their territory, they want their place. They worked for it, just does women have, but they've worked for it and they want This is my home, and I want to be in my home, and I don't want kids coming back, and I don't want to go back to being We've done that already. So there's a lot, a lot of variables in this that are different than just cut and dry. Leave only you know whether you don't feel safe or not. And if you don't feel safe, absolutely positively no asterisks. Leave. But if you're saying, well, sort of this and sort of that, then you need to have clarification find out why this is because always my desire is going to be reconcile with those that have the heart and mind for reconciliation, not just to do it, to do it justin Yah, welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Thanks, you are very welcome. How can I help you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just wondering about the term inerrancy of scripture. Is the Bible? Does it have errors? Are there contradictions? What does that mean when people say an error? Is it the copies or is it the original?
Speaker 2: It would be the originals always, always is going to deal with in its original form. That essentially that this particular doctrine of inerrancy really is focusing on the fact that in everything it teaches it's free of error. So there are you know, there's different ways to look at this one. When you were talking about contradictions, they're alleged contradictions or problems. They have to be alleged. The only real contradiction is something that tries to say it's the same way in the same sense at the same time and not the same way in the same sense at the same time. But that doesn't mean there can't be things that seem to be a contradiction that really aren't that need more information. So an example of that is justin you have two parents, are they from the same background or are they from different backgrounds?
Speaker 4: Ethnically pretty much the same background.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there are people that have you know, one parent comes from this background, the other parent comes from that background. My producer, Neil, his mother is from an Irish English Scottish background and his father's from a Spanish and Mexican background. So if Neil was at a cocktail party talking it up with people and someone asked about his last name, Savadra, that's an interesting last name, what is it? And he says, Oh, it's Spanish descent, I'm Mexican, and they go oh, and then they overhear Neil later on talking with someone who happens to be Irish and he says, oh, that's interesting. I come from an Irish background as well. Now, if that person hears both those conversations out of context, it's very easy to say, well, that guy's lying. I heard him say that he was Irish to this person, and I heard him tell this person that he was Spanish Mexican. But in context, there's more to it. So there are those that will say this in scripture is a contradiction, and really it's not. What it needs is more information to show why it's not a contradiction. But they'll wrestle with those. So in Errancy really is focusing on the whole of scripture. What's being taught down to the very words of the original document were given by divine inspiration by God, and that's what it really is focusing on, is you know, applies really to the original documents, not to every single translation.
Speaker 4: But OK, and so it's taken more on safe because we don't have the original Well.
Speaker 2: There are there are, obviously the manuscripts that are used to do the translation, and the hope is that the more you have there's roughly you know, twenty five thousand whole and parts of the new Testament alone. So yes, it is really wow when you think of things like you know, Homer's Iliad, there's you know, maybe four hundred Caesar's Gaelic Wars, maybe there's ten copies. So when you think of the work of antiquity like this, so powerful and you have them. You know the old telephone game that everybody jokes about, well, you know, if it was passed down and then it becomes this, and someone whispers it and it becomes that, and it changes, and then at the end of the telephone line it's something completely different. You don't have that here because you have a special way of transcribing and writing over and over again. The scribes used to make sure that every little point, every character by character was written down. And now you have all these twenty five thousand manuscripts whole and in part that you can compare against one another. And even with the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls in the late forties, you had the entire Book of Isaiah. And now they're able to compare it and say, has anything changed between this manuscript and all the other ones that we have, And the answer was no. And so these things continued to reinforce the inerrancy and the fact that scripture was inspired by God. Thank you so much for joining me. I'm so happy when you spend your Sunday with me. Please do again next week, and remember, more importantly than all this craziness, these simple words. I am with you always.
Speaker 1: KFI am sixty on demand