Speaker 1: Caalarogashark Media.
Speaker 2: Hey there, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news. Over the weekend, the presidents of the United States turned eighty years old, and Jimmy Kimmel wished the president a happy birthday. Over Instagram, Kimmell posted a birthday card that resembled a note that Trump had allegedly addressed to Jeffrey Epstein. Kimmel's card reads, Happy eightieth Donald A. Palla is a wonderful thing. Happy birthday, and may every day be another wonderful secret. The President spent part of his birthday at the UFC event on the White House lawn. That's a thing that happened in the United States of America. There was a UFC event on the White House lawn. You might not have seen it because it was on paramount. Plus it was a big celebration and we had to put it on a streaming service. So if you didn't see it, you may have missed Joe Rogan's tie. Whatever you think of Joe Rogan, he's terrible at ties. This tie came about three inches high of his belly button. Unlus, Joe Rogan thought he was at UFC nineteen seventy four. I don't know why his tie was so short. Now, some celebrities were there. The Daily Beast had the headline Emmy nominated comedian exposed as Maga at Trump's UFC fight. They tell us Nate Brighetzi, who has hosted Saturday Night Life twice, had largely escaped the limelight at the Dizzying spectacle at the White House on Sunday until Cheryl Hines, the wife of Health and Human Services Secretary at Robert F. Kennedy Junior, uploaded a snap of the trio together on Instagram, with Vice President J. D. Vance in the background. That's right, there's a photo you see Nate Brighetzi, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and wife Cheryl Hines. Nate did not share this on his own Instagram, where he has three point one million followers. He also didn't mention it on Twitter. Didn't mention it at all. Nate, did you not have fun at the UFC event on the lawn of the White House celebrating the president's eighty five birthday? Seems like something you'd promote. Shane Gillis was at the event. Now. During the event, one of the UFC fighters made a horrible comments about Michelle Obama. I'm not going to share the comment with you. Shane Gillis said he didn't like it. Let's listen to the audio of Shane. I believe this is after the event. He's being bothered by the paparazzi. And as you can hear, Shane travels with with people. Now he's got people running interference for him. So if you think Shane Gillis is just like, you know, a goofy guy in a baseball hat showing up at an event, no no, no, no no, he's got people.
Speaker 3: Listen you think, guys come on Shane Trump's job before.
Speaker 2: You what do you think of the cancel poultry? Guys got me on a couple But yeah, I didn't like that. Okay, why do you both sides of this thing? Johnny Mack? Okay, I will the worst person who ever lived. Jay Leno, he's a guest on his little television show. There the guest former President Joe Biden. That's right, Joe Biden and Joe Biden's nineteen sixty seven Corvette Stingray are on a very special edition of Jay Leno's garage. You'll find this on Jay Leno's YouTube channel. In it, we see Jay Leno, who stole the Tonight Show back from Conan O'Brien, driving around Los Angeles with the former president. Former President Biden told Deadline, Jay's been asking for years to drive my corvette, so I said, why the hell not. Jay and his team are the best, and we had a great time catching up while driving through the Angelus National Forest and the vet drove like a charm. The duo did talk about the current job holder. Biden reflected on his own tenure in the job and took a few swipes at the former host of The Apprentice, Joe. Biden said, he's cutting back on all the programs that have apprenticeships and create jobs. I see what you did there. Were told they were followed by Secret Service SUVs and police. Biden and Leno also ran fond the value of NATO natural parks, bo Biden's life and Death, being Designated Drivers, horsepower, Ronald Reagan's motorcycle, and ice cream. Yes. Former President Biden and former Tonight Show host Leno stopped by handles. Leno said, all right, so we went for ice cream. You know. We got there and a bunch of little kids waiting for ice cream, you know, And I said, anybody ever meet a president of the United States? No, well, this guy's president. I mean, it's just very funny. Yeah, eight nine year old kids, you know, so it's very funny watching him interact with the kids. They loved him. Jay Leno also had an in and out cookout truck on site at his Burbank garage to serve Joe Biden lunch during the visit. We are told Joe did pay for the kids ice creams as well as Jay Leno's ice cream. Leno said he was the old Joe, you know, every Handshakespere two hundred and fifty votes, that kind of thing, Shrere hands with everybody. Just congenial, just the nice guy. Now they got into the topic of how sharp and how old a president might be. You know, sometimes people would accuse a sitting president of falling asleep during meetings. That has happened on both sides. I remember one point, some people refer to Biden as sleepy Joe. Others are on Instagram every day catching the president blinking and saying he's falling asleep in meetings. Jay Leno said it's interesting because Joe was very very sharp. I thought maybe I'd have to talk in a slower voice, you know what I mean. But no, we just talked and he was funny and just making jokes and things like that. I think a year of relaxation and taking it easy, just being a normal guy was great for him. Really, it was the old Joe again. It was great to see him. Are you watching World Cup Soccer? Well, James Corden's got that show. What's it called again? A show after Soccer with James Cordon Pretty sure that's the name of the show. And on Friday night he had on Sebastian Maniscalco. And I'm going to play a clip for you, but let me set it up. Okay, So the bit here is Sebastian is making his way from the World Cup soccer game to James Corden's studio. We see Sebastian on his phone, but then we cut away to a helicopter shot and the helicopter is tracking Sebastian Maniscalco in a car that has the proper name of the show on top of the car. Now, I watched this and I'm like, that was really and I'm gonna play it for you in a second. But then I thought, if David Letterman, especially in the eighties, did this exact bit top to bottom. Hey, Sebastian, Maniscalco is there. Let's cut to the helicopter. Sebastian, can you wave out the window, we would have thought this was the greatest thing ever. There's something about David Letterman that would have made this exact word for word, letter for letter, second for second bit really cool. But the James Corden version is kind of limb.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Sebastian. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna make it. I don't know what this la traffic, although I think we hit a We're on an open road here, so yeah, I'm common. So save the seat for a dream some soccer we will.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sebastian, see if you can, if you can still hear me, lean out of the car window and give the helicopter a wave.
Speaker 2: Can you do that for me?
Speaker 3: Seevie, there's a helicopter above you right now.
Speaker 2: See hang gout, I'm outside. Hang on, we've got some trains. Come on his right. He's on his right. Let's say sit in sebus. Now. This next story came together pretty quickly, or I would have told you about it. The world champion New York Knicks we're scheduled to be the guests on last night's tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon. Fallen was seen at a couple games. Fallon said a booking fifty three years in the making. The episode was scheduled to feature head coach Mike Brown, NBA Finals MVP, Jalen Brunson, Karl Anthony Towns you know him as Cat, Josh Hart og Ananobi, Michael Bridges, and the entire Knicks team, including my favorite Jordan Clarkson. The plan was for Fallon's entire audience at thirty Rock to be comprised of diehard Knicks fans, so this will give us something to talk about tomorrow. Mark Marin was on Kara Swisher's podcast He's Not I'm a big fan of the Netflix thing. Now Netflix thinks that Netflix is airing podcast but they're not. Netflix is airing cheaply produced television shows, and Mark Maron had some thoughts about that. Heag'e John editing the show. I forgot to mention I made many edits to Mark Maron here for language.
Speaker 1: When I saw, you know, podcasts on the menu of Netflix I'm like, it's over, you know, you know, with the bar has been lowered to such a degree that people will sit at home and watch people on Zoom with half their face covered up by a sure sm seven. It's like, what is wrong with people?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Do they not have any friends? Do they are they not curious about anything? Do they not use their brain anymore? They can't think they got to have three idiots to entertain them. I mean, it's like a world of drive time radio.
Speaker 2: It's the worst, right, So why do you think it's popular? Huh? Why do you think it's popular?
Speaker 1: Because people are lazy and they'll adapt to anything, and they're lonely, and they want to have parasocial relationships with people they feel that they're like, which means usually amateurs.
Speaker 2: Mark Maron started to talk about the Manisphere podcasters. He said, I knew them before there was a Manisphere. I knew them as comics. I knew Rogan when he started in Boston. I've known these guys were somewhat of a weird tribe in community. So it gets a point where in politics are what they are. I'm team Left. I'm not going to make all the games right, but I'm team left going down to fight that. So, like with the THEO vonn thing, that's a joke, and it's a good joke to do. THEO interviewing Hitler's hilarious, and I got to a place where that joke wheer, I'm like, how could THEO get mad at me for this? It's funny. Cara Swisher was curious, did they get mad at him? Maren said, well, Joe said he got mad at me. I don't know, all right, guys, So I've been warning you. You think I'm messing around here. I went to share Alytics, and I know that some of you didn't share the show. Now, if you shared the show, why don't you hit thirty seconds skip like three times? But the rest of you, you're gonna be punished because it's June and we're sharing the show with a friend. We're growing the show. So unless I see double the numbers, I know that some of you haven't done it. So your phone in your hand right now, push the share button, then send it to somebody and be like, hey, there's this weird guy and he keeps starting to play Nicki Glazer music. If I don't do this, I mean the next step is I'm going to escalate. I'm going to come to your house and sit across the street in a transam with a boombox, and I'm gonna play Nicki Glazer song over and over until you share the show. So here is your daily punishment for not sharing the show on Netflix, Ladies and gentlemen, Nicki Glazer singing.
Speaker 1: Ah read comment.
Speaker 2: A little strange man poison my day.
Speaker 1: It's not in common.
Speaker 2: It's garning old look in my age. Okay, none of us want that, right, you don't want that, so share the show. Also, also follow the show on Spotify and turn on notifications if you need something to watch Tonight on the eight hundred Pound Guerrilla YouTube channel, it's Emmy Blotnick's What's Her Secrets if you need something to listen to. Deadline Means Business had this pretty good interview with Ari Shafir. Ari got into his breakup with Comedy Central. Now that episode is from April. I only got to it on Monday when it was beautiful out and I went for a run, And I am now learning on the fly that I didn't actually put anything in my script for the second half of the podcast, which means we're going to talk about Vulture's review of Tony Hinchcliff's show, which I thought I was gonna bump to tomorrow but apparently not Vulture Rights. Just to get this out of the way, anyone inclined to dislike Tony Hinchcliff's new Netflix special Man of the People, on principle, is not going to change their mind based on its material. While the comedian has amassed a huge fan base owing to his popular quasi open mic podcast Killed Tony and work at Comedy Roast, he's accumulated an equally larger amount of haters because of controversial jokes he told It to Donald Trump rally in twenty twenty four and the Roast of Kevin Hart last month, and predictably, this new hour is full of similar button pushing provocations. To the extent that Man of the People has an organizing idea, it's that Hinchcliff has the right to be an equal opportunity offender because he is, as the specials title implies, a comedy version of the People's Champion. Mostly he dips in and out of CrowdWork to create the impression of the audience's perspective matters and that they're all enthusiastic participants in this performance. Unfortunately, this is not how his forays into the crowd play out. On four separate occasions, Hingecliff turns to an audience member of a particular demographic to reinforce a stereotype about them, and the audience member's response introduces nuance that undermines his premise. Even on a basic technical level, Hinchcliffe's crowd working directions fail to create the communal vibes after because the audience, despite playing such a prominent role in the special or not miked no I disagree with his next part. Midway through the special, Hinchcliffe calls on a Chinese member of the audience to help him reinforce a hack joke he's just told about Asian people being bad drivers. Tony asks her what kind of car she drives? The answer Honda Civic, what car she drove previously. That was a setup to imply a joke. Guy won't spoiler where we were heading. We find out it's her first how long she's had the Civic the answer since twenty seventeen, And whether she's ever been in a car accident. The answer is no. See Tony was a hope for a yes, and then he would have done a joke about Asian drivers. Vulture right stun that she's never total the car and doesn't fit into the box. His bit revolves around Hingecliff cuts his losses and says, you just stuffed up my joke and concedes it wasted two and a half minutes. That's what was funny about it. That the joke went nowhere. That's what was funny. Come on, Vulture. Vulture adds it a special so poorly executed from top to bottom, it's far from the most notable misfire. Guys, let me explain something to you. You hit play on a Tony Hingecliff thing on Netflix. What did you think you were getting? No? Seriously, seriously, I'm asking you, Vulture, what did you think was gonna happen? It's Tony Hingecliff, You hit play. What did you think was gonna happen? When you hit play on the next Sebastian Manascalco special? Do you think he's gonna like break down Israel verse Palestine in a meaningful way and hit Carlin level heights. Do you think he's going to do that? Or is he just gonna mug for the camera and do Italian restaurant jokes. What do you think Sebastian's gonna do the next time you hit play on a George Lopez special. What do you think George Lopez is gonna do? You think maybe perhaps he'll tell some jokes from a Mexican American perspective, jokes about family, maybe take some shots at some non Mexican descent Americans. You think Lopez is gonna do that? So don't be surprised when you hit play on a comedy special and you get what the person does. Maybe you don't like Tony Inchcliff, but to sit there and be stunned that this is what Tony Inchcliff does. I don't get it. That's your comedy news for today. Comments are open on Spotify. Comments are open to the Facebook group Daily Comedy News podcast group. Look Tony. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched. It's also not the worst thing I've watched this year. See you tomorrow.