Speaker 1: You can't just go a couple days stealing your tds. Maybe attend a rally of some sort. Talk with your buddies, who would be your buddies by the way, if you came down on the wrong the wrong side and I mean barely the wrong side of one issue, and you may never know what it is when they carve you out of their lives. I understand that that's the group that you want to run with. So you can sit around and commiserate how literally hitler everything is and something needs to be done, and then you'll hear a steady stream of and this is what I was told, what are essentially orders to violent, unhinged, deranged individuals out there by your favorite politicians, the one that you you know you love to using intellectual dishonesty. Go yep, this person has it all figured out and what they say, and they're saying that that person over there is basically not human because they don't want their daughters competing against your biological males or whatever it may be. And this right here, this is the pied piper of bigotry, and something needs to be done because he's literally hitler. He's literally hitler. And for those of you who've ever played the Baby Hitler game, you know that the ends justify the means. So even if you're some dirtbag sitting around in Greensboro having not been charged with anything significant after some crazy, high profile incidents, why wouldn't you think you can do whatever you need to do. Why wouldn't you think that you can show up and try to shoot a man playing golf. Why wouldn't you think you're doing the world a favor and you'll be remembered as some sort of freedom fighter, with your obviously brainwashed children coming to your defense. I'm battled with this because you know how I am. I'm like, don't don't sit there and pick on families. Not pick on families, but make the spectacle of the family responding in a way that, yes is illogical, but ultimately is emotional. And you know you're too fresh in this. I'm gonna I'm gonna suspend that because one nobody was actually shot well you know what I mean, the prep the protectee, And two you sound that you need to take a step back. In fact, I understand that there's a possibility that you or somebody you know is listening to this show this morning, dude, let me tell you one of the hard things, and it's for a variety of reasons, is to recognize that your parent is wrong. We'll just start with wrong, okay. To recognize that your parent is wrong, your parent is not the person who thought they were, and people need to be treated accordingly. And I'm not doing this for political reasons. I'm just letting you know that if somebody whose ideology I seem to have accepted lockstep is willing to do something like this, I, as an individual, I'm going to have questions about what has been imparted upon me. And it doesn't mean I arrived necessarily in a different place, but I want to know that I got there based on not indoctrination. And sometimes you have to be willing to admit that that parent of yours might be a little looney tunes or wrong or evil or you know, whatever you arrive at. But again, it just I invite you to process this, okay, because if that set of ideology has has led to this day and there's a whole track record of stuff there, you might have to start to wonder if you arrived at that opinion all on your own. You get what I'm saying here, yes, And I understand that this comes across as completely selfish, because I just want to especially now that football's back, I don't want to spend my weekends being like, who tried to murder the former president? Now? Why? What was the motivation? Why does a dude who's so old have so much social media presidence and the last dude who should be righting the sweet spot for social media has done? People start asking these questions, But weekends for football and family, not trying to assassinate the former president. It's really easy. I had no there was nothing. I didn't even think presidential or pro presidential assassination. It never crossed my mind at any point this weekend until you made it. This dude made it, and I never had any urges. Ross. Did you how many? How many minutes did you spend contemplating the assassination of a former president this weekend?
Speaker 2: In total?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can round it too.
Speaker 2: I would probably say that would be zero seconds.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, I was very busy, Yeah yeah, putting together long range sniper rifles and pungee pits and so now.
Speaker 2: Trying not to eat all the Wegman's chocolate chip chip cookies.
Speaker 3: What has to.
Speaker 2: Man, it was my birthday weekend, so I know.
Speaker 1: Friday.
Speaker 2: Mar Markey said what sort of cake do you want? I said, Oh, I want to bucket of Wegman's chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 1: With a candle or screwed. It does matter, No, none of that. I don't need that, all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, seconds contemplating the assassination of a presidential candidate that because you.
Speaker 1: Asked, Marky is that for? That is a gift? Right? So you didn't have to, right, You're like ash because you left off part of it. You're like, what kind of cake do you want? And what what gift do you want? You're like, I want to for a president assassinated and a bucket of cookies. No, so you were expecting others to do it for it? Okay, all right, come on? How hard is it? What if he what if that is what he wanted to do with his weekend and the cookies had I don't know, gluten dinnervers and he's got some weird out and two or he doesn't he's a Panthers fan and he's like, what do I do this weekend?
Speaker 5: Do? What?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Does that put it in perspective for any of you you're like, I could watch the Panthers game because you know, maybe last week was an anomaly. Saints looked pretty good this week. Raced agic doesn't want to admit it coming up. I so maybe you're a maybe you're a Panthers fan or a Cowboys fan for that.
Speaker 2: Did you see Ray's posts this weekend?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Is he? Is he doing? Okay?
Speaker 2: I saw it on Facebook? It just said ninety million dollars?
Speaker 1: What is that? The is that the damage caused by Florence over the weekend? Or did we did you?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 1: Did you delve deeper? Did you just decide you we're gonna sign that to something?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's the Dak Prescott money.
Speaker 1: I mean that it is coincidentally this, you know, roughly the same.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't seem happening about it.
Speaker 1: Can we do? We have some like aromatherapy music, so like when we do weather later, you know, like some zither music, something nepalize.
Speaker 2: I'll find something like very zen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, because we got we're gonna have to center him. Man, you have to center that dude. But maybe that's what dude, Maybe that's what Greensboro dude was looking to do. Baby, It's just like, ah, watch my favorite team this weekend. Oh, the tempers have ruined us. Okay, And I don't know, but here's what I do know. Instantaneously, even the scrubbing of social media stuff we had, we knew a billion things about this dude, this alleged would be would be shooter. Who look, how smug did that dude look sitting in that in the in the squad car there? Pretty smug? And then I and then I got to read quotes from his kid about Trump, and I'm just like, dude, dude, you're you're You've come to a place where your father sitting in a car with a big old grin on his face for allegedly getting a gun, and you know, uh, show it up to a golf a golf round, which, by the way, was not on Trump's schedule. That's what the point there was kind of a last minute thing. So how's this dude know to show up up to Hold number eight with a gun sticking through a fence post? Especially, and I was glad to see it. It seems the Secret Service has decided that we're gonna shoot first, ask questions later, now, which is probably how you should handle that when you see a gun barrel sticking through a fence slot where the president's about to stand. Also, and this is the most important question. And since Ross you know nothing about golf, right, we've determined that you're not a golf guy. You really don't know the rules anything like that. Not a golf not a.
Speaker 2: Golf Everything I know about golf comes from Robin Williams monologue on the topic.
Speaker 1: And Happy Gilmour maybe a little bit. Yeah that's good, Yeah, okay, all right. So if you're in your back swing and gun shots between, it would be assassin and secret service in the middle of your swing. Or in this case, your putt causes you a distraction and you miss the putt. Should you get a should you be able to replace the ball and attempt a shot again, or or do you have to in a sense play and how it lies. And in this case it's in the middle of a shooting range and not a really exclusive, uh golf course. What do you think, is the non golf playing dude, should you get that shot over or is it just so sad too bad?
Speaker 2: I think, as like a non player, I would say you do it over, but probably you'd have to like do it where it lies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, technically it might. Now I got into this is what I got into a debate with about my with my friends, and they seem about split on this, and I'm I'm of the opinion that frankly, frankly, you should not get it over, should not get that putt over. But they were they were saying that it's it's essentially it's like a man made obstruction, which is which is looney Tunes. Right, if some dude on the next hole over yells an f I'm as loud as he can, which if any of you played golf, is a thing that happens sometimes sometimes that's you're playing partner, you just you're just out of luck because you play around lunatic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if it's a friendly game, right, you do it over again. But if it's like competitive, well golf.
Speaker 1: But but this is the thing about golf, and a non golfer wouldn't know the proper mindset is it doesn't matter if you're playing the your last round of the Masters, or you're playing, uh, you know, around a Rando round on Sunday with cigars and brown liquor. You're you're technically supposed to abide by the rules at every time unless it the the stated rules for the round are a little different, something like captain's choice, something along those lines. But the rules of golf, and that's the beauty of the sport, are to hold true. Now does that does that apply to you know? Duffers? We can duffers such as myself supposed to and always gimme's aren't a thing in golf unless you are playing for points versus stroke play, right, you can if you're playing in a match play, you could as a sign of go ahead, and you your your opponent is now and not in a position to win the hole, you can tell him to pick the ball up. So, you know, those are the kinds of debates I wanted to get into, but instead we've got a local connection to another whacked out story. We got lots of sound to get to. It is the case O Day Radio program. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. We got lots of audio we got We're gonna get calls. We're gonna dwell on this, We're gonna we're gonna ask questions. Right when dude has crazy automatic weapon involved runnings, barricading himself with police, how he's still running around? Am I allowed to ask these questions? What do you think would happen if after the show today, Ross and I, you know, we go home like we normally do it in one of us to say, Hey, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna get a machine gun and have a crazy standoff with police. What do you do you think that that? Do you think that the other person is not like, hey, probably not gonna be in tomorrow? Just FYI, right? Or would you make the assumption that'll be fine? Because as all these details started coming out, and some of it had to do with him being identified with a different spelling of his last name, which then gets really confusing, like are the police reports that I'm reading where they've where they've omitted an E on here or some of the reporting where they've eliminated an E. Is it the same person? Are we talking about two different Ruth's rouths? However, you say his name, how does that work? And and then you gotta slowly kind of piece this stuff together. That's not how I wanted to spend my afternoon. I wanted to spend my afternoon on the big decision of whether I was wrong and this is a renaissance of the Minnesota Vikings, who are a superior team. Uh, then that I gave them credit for And should I should? I should? I seize a little hope. That's how I spent my afternoon yesterday, the big philosophical discussions. Do I do I allow myself to see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel? Do I try to kick that football Lucy's holding? That's what That's what I wanted to know. I don't want to think about this and whether somebody just omitted an e and that is the same dude, which by the way, it looks like it is worrying about his his kids, whether his kids are are are just dumb or if they're indoctrinated and it's Stockholm syndrome. Man was able to get some questions in to the alleged shooters and we got we're gonna have to talk about something. And I'm I I all North Carolinians can can weigh in on this, but I'm very curious about those who are triad or as specifically Greensboro residents, because it looks like they're gonna err on the side of this dude living in Hawaii. But in reality, it appears he lived in Greensboro, left to go live in Hawaii, but had returned to Greensboro. Unless I'm misreading the timeline here and.
Speaker 7: I I.
Speaker 1: Are you guys mad that? Like you're not getting the he's from Greensboro? Do you know what I'm saying? Like like that's they're gonna take this way a one from the away from the triad. And maybe people are excited about that, but also, you know, we got a story with local connections. I feel like we get a little bit of an upper hand. So do you want to you want me to make the correction every time they say he's from Hawaii and go, well, technically he's from Greensboro, to hold on to that, or do you want to let Hawaii have this one. I'm just curious, I since you know, technically I don't live in the in the broadcast in the city of Greensboro, I don't technically physically live in Greensboro, And a lot of people don't. Just try a triangle so many cities outside of that too, Like do you want this one or not? Because I will operate accordingly. I will be your puppet, because sometimes you make money with these lunatics? Right, how many? How many? How many bad people are there? Are there people that will go visit where they're from out of some weird morbid thing. You know, Jefferson Davis's former properties. There are are are things and yet you know you win. But people go see that stuff. When I told you and when I was in the metazine, there you can they They are selling tours like Pablo Escobar tours. Not a good dude. People want to go see that. I think that there is also the possibility to go see where the lone assassin who totally didn't work with the CIA at all, of Shot Kennedy. You can go see his property. So I don't know, you let me know. But the story they didn't making in the stack and uh and I think it's a doozy because I didn't see until after is the Daily Mail was talking to this dude's kid. And this is why I opened the show with this. Sometimes sometimes a parent is not who you thought they were, and that's not it's not an easy thing to admit. Takes you a long time to sit there and go I spend and a lot of times it just requires you to be older. So you can try to evaluate things at the same age that your parent was. How crazy it is when you when you it doesn't necessarily have to be a negative thing. How crazy is it when you have to make a big adult decision and you're like, my parents were so this age when you know when they decided to do this thing, and you realize how adult and grown up the decision was made. Let's let's let's go on the positive side, like and then you go, and then you think to yourself, You're like, I don't even feel like an adult right now. I don't even feel like an adult at this age. Like I'm trying to decide how much video games I want to play today, and you're telling me that my parents or worse, your grandparents. You're like, you're at that age right where you're just you're not mentally plugged in as an adult any way. You're like, my grandfather did what he pretended to be eighteen so we could go fight Nazis. I don't want to go to high school today. Like that's a brainbuster, man, So you gotta be able to process that stuff. And so if your father just tried to kill the former president or is alleged to and and people want to talk to you. Do not answer with yeah, my dad he kind of hated Trump because quote every reasonable person does. But he's not a violent person. You said that out loud, unless they misquoted you, and if that's the case, you should say something.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: My dad hates Trump like every reasonable person does. I hate I don't like Trump either. Let me read his exact quote. However, the thirty five year old it went on to insist his father is not a violent person. Maybe he's not good at me a violent person, but dude, I don't know, I don't look. I understand that we changed the language a lot, but I think trying to assassinate somebody is a violent act and requires again, and this is what I attempted to demonstrate earlier, requires you to come to terms with the fact that you can try to justify it in your mind, but the violent act is a violent act. Sitting there wanting to greet somebody with an AK forty seven over a political difference is a violent act, no matter how justified you think. And even though you're acting right now, you don't have to get a rib kick in on troll. Most reasonable person, most reasonable people do want to murder him. That's insane, And even though you didn't say that, you kind of said that is you're justifying an individual act that wasn't attempted murder of him again, and you failed badly apparently because you didn't get within two holes of the dude, which, by the way, I was gonna look it up. Are we talking two par threes three and a four? Two par fives? I would argue that if you're two par threes away and I want to murder you, I'm probably able to hit you with rifles I've owned without much effort two par fives. Okay, Well, now we're in a this is a different room we're in. These are what I be thinking about. Not you know what, my dad made a lot of good points. I just don't believe it. Well, what did you think? Did you?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 1: Why do you think he's crouched in bushes with an AK forty seven on private property where the president has to happens to be Well?
Speaker 2: Is it a fully automatic AK forty seven with the scope?
Speaker 1: I don't know what. I don't know what he had on it for optics, but AK forty seven he had go prosch So I guess you were doing a YouTube video. Now, I don't know, but it's not even the it's not even the first time he had a rifle that's automatic. He had a whole standoff thing. Didn't we just do a story where a dude was that was like a jail break. Remember, he's like in the bushes pretending to be dead or some it was some crazy story man where he's like, oh no, no, that's how he ended up in the bushes. It's not just because he just escaped prison. So like, how do you how do you get this?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: She'd had described you as between three hundred and five hundred yards with an AK forty seven. I mean, I don't love the ballistics of that, but I don't hate him either. And three hundred yards greater yards. I'll pluck stuff all day if I have a good rest at three hundred yards. Remember I hunted right when I grew up. I just assumed all scopes were sighted in at two hundred yards. Three hundred yards on that particular round isn't horrible ballistics. And if I got if I've got my choice of it, and I can get like a three hundred three hundred win mag or something or three O eight, I love I love my chances at three hundred yards if I've got a decent rest on there, I hate your chances. So you're evaluating all this and you utter the words my father is not a violent person, and I hate that guy too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's different, but it sort of reminds me of when they do the interview with parents of like serial killers. Do you remember the.
Speaker 1: Interview say this is why I cut pin. I battled with this, but I feel like this dude's so adoctrinate, he has no idea.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, remember that interview with Jeffrey Dahmer's father. Yeah, oh no, my kid was a quiet, nice kid.
Speaker 1: You know he no, no, no, but don't know how the best line man ahead?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: He called him a picky He said he was a picky eater. Oh you don't remember that he was the father or the uncle or so one of his family members said he was a picky eater. I died when I heard that. I'm like, I don't know about that. I feel like he do okay on fear Factory, you know what I mean? Joe Rogan's like and what it is is she would sure you can't see you I don't believe when sitting this blue bear. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. You know you gotta wait for you gotta wait for us to say, go you ate all the sheep's brains or what I mean?
Speaker 2: It's like Tyrone Bighams with the hot sauce, you know, yeah, give me.
Speaker 1: That, h yeah, the stuff he ate. Man, What do you feeling Your.
Speaker 2: Dad was in the bushes when AK forty seven trying to kill a dude, So yeah, there is that.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me your father never hid in vegetation waiting for people to shoot at he sure did. Oh wow, look at you, mister hypocrite.
Speaker 2: Yah man, I mean that that was a war zone. I don't know if Kamala Harris would see it as a war zone technically because it was a police action.
Speaker 1: Well but also but also, uh, if you hate Trump so much, since you think that he's literally hitler, you can convince yourself you're in a war zone. You know what I mean. You're doing, you're doing with the whatever in whatever Patriot.
Speaker 2: Just that, but you're saving the Republic, Yes, dude, don't give me that.
Speaker 1: Oh, just because my father was in Vietnam and those bushes are technically this vegetation and this is different. I don't know. I bet that, by the way, I bet they were both leaning in Kudzoo. You probably couldn't tell. And then you hear the radio traffic of the Secret Service moving around. You hear the word Charlie a lot anytime they want to indicate a C on a license plate. So I mean, you get confused, Janet, what's up?
Speaker 9: The Greensboro achieves that when they get one credit for what they've done for that city. That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think some of the some of the rest reports on previous incidents with dude, where you're just like, oh, yeah, a police stand off on an automatic weapon, that sounds like I don't misdemeanor, right, you own that, right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, that's yours. You're keeping it. But anyway, the reason that I called was to let you know, let us do not have rational thoughts in their heads. Okay, they have violent and these are reactions. I've actually had one stand in my face in front of other people and tell me that the only thing Lincoln did wrong was he didn't kill everybody in the South. But I'm moral in bankrupt because I voted for Trump. Yeah, yeah, there's nothing saying about these people. I really like in light of the fact that the Democrats are running ads talking about how Republicans are coming for violence of Democrats and that's unacceptable. I'd love for maybe Lost to take a few minutes to put together a compilation of everyone who said, can we get another shooter?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we don't have too, because the internet's forever and it's everywhere today and for whatever reason, a lot of those folks tweets Harry, you can't comment on them. They went there, so.
Speaker 9: They had no sense. I actually hadn't want to tell me.
Speaker 1: But Republicans are willing to literally go on and and and commit violence, uh, all the time, right in front of people. So I mean, if everyone's willing to, I mean, obviously you saw that over the weekend, right you saw you saw jd Vance beat the crap out of Dana Bash on live TV like he was willing to. Really, yeah, oh wow, we're gonna play. I think it is ross. Did you not see an absolute butt whooping when you were watching that video of J D Bash? Jd Vance just absolutely beating the crap out of Dana Bash. No, No, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I saw it. Yeah, that did happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a violent act committed on CNN. We'll uh, it's gonna be hard to listen to. It might be triggering for some. We'll play that in here in just a moment. Michael, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm a Greensboro resident for the rest six years?
Speaker 5: Good? All right?
Speaker 1: All right? You know him? You want them play it from New York.
Speaker 9: I don't want him.
Speaker 6: And I got friends moving down here this week and they don't need to see this.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, sir, it's I don't want him. He's that's where he's registered to vote. Sounds like you moved back. How did he opening the museum? Right?
Speaker 9: They shut They said that he voted? How did was he convicted of a fellony?
Speaker 11: How did he vote?
Speaker 1: No? He wasn't, though, right, not for that is I think he I think he played down to a misdemeanor.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 6: There's a problem with the justice system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it Hawaii's or Greensboro's that's what I you know, I'm just saying, somebody just gotta.
Speaker 6: I'll give him to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: All right, you're gonna give it. You're gonna give him uh, Hawaii, because look, you gotta you gotta gotta go. You gotta get some to compete. Look at Clemens. Clemens, you know, not even a primary town within the triad. Yet they got Pazuzu, lord of the Demons. That's theirs. That's theirs. You get that crow. You don't have the crazy House anymore because you tore down, but you have the crazy Demon House with the really organized well closet. That's a unique thing that sticks out so much wrong. And then it just flipped the script on the news cycle. Hell, you know what, there's people online that are like, the only reason they did this is cous Dana Bashi's interview went so poorly and you know what it did, I might believe you. So you want to hear what an assault sounds like. We'll play one live for you on the air next hang on. I you know, I feel like I made this known going back to the Butler, pa things stop scroll with my weekend? Ross? Did we not have this conversation in over multiple days too? Like? Can't we just can't you just do your crazy stuff on the weekdays? Why do you got to crap all over my weekend? I put it out there apparently you didn't listen. So now we got a fifty eight year old dude either from Hawaii or Greensboro, I don't know. Sounds like he's from both, has lived in both, lived in Greensboro, moved to Hawaiian and then moved back. He voted in the primary, or at least as ID did. I guess, I don't know. Uh. And of course the news is breaking just you know, before I normally start my preps, So any stories that were there got completely overshadowed by this. Then the interview as kid, his kid's like, yeah, my dad's no, he's not a violent person. And in fact, the politics sounds just right. You absolutely to tick. You know, how many do you know how many kids of like high profile bad people out there? What in a different direction? Some didn't, Some are all in, but like didn't want to. I don't know if it was his his I have to look it up. Didn't James are all raise Anthea was his kid or his nephew? Right, was like, eh, eh, I don't know, I might need to think about some things. Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, probably we shouldn't murder MLK. So uh, And then like worked as a civil rights person, a little civil rights worker. Like sometimes it takes a you know, it takes a kick to the head. Man. You want political violence, This is how you do political violence. You go in well informed, ready for that what is going to be a contentious interview, and then in a calm and methodical manner, you destroy that person in the field of verbal ideological battle. I know I'm using what adults should recognize as analogies that don't you know that use strong words like battle or you said battle, you're trying to start violence. No, I just mean it as a contest. And sometimes a contest doesn't have to be swords, right, it can or guns, and it can just be ideas. And you try to vanquish your opponent. You try to become the victor. Except you don't mean vanquish like you know, in a stabby way. You mean it in this person either of that reevaluates their own line of thinking or convinces more people to your side. That's how you do this stuff. And you'd have thought that jd. Vance tried to murder Dana Bash in the reaction to people who had no other way to process how badly that interview went, ignoring an actual dude who is ready to take the life and stream it of the former president. The dudes don't go prode up. But I understand why you would. You would think this is violence, because it kind of is.
Speaker 7: But you're not just a bystander.
Speaker 1: This is five minutes and twelve seconds. We're going to play almost the entirety, and it's brutal, and people were seeing it through two lenses.
Speaker 7: But you're not just a bystander. You're the senator from Ohio. So instead of saying things that are wrong and actually causing the hospitals, the schools, the government buildings to be evacuated because of bomb threats, because of the cats and dogs thing, why not actually be constructive and helping to better integrate them into the community, because there are a lot of employers there who say that the Haitian workers are helping fill jobs that they need desperately filled.
Speaker 12: First of all, let me just respond to a couple of things that you said. But I want to start with something you said which I think is frankly disgusting and is more appropriate for a democratic propagandist than it is for an American journalist. There is nothing that I have said that has led to threats against these hospitals, these hospitals, the bomb threats and so forth. It's disgusting. The violence is disgusting. We condemn it. We condemn all violence. And you asked a question, Dan, to go ahead and answer it. What we have said is that this town has suffered terribly under the problem under the policies.
Speaker 3: Of Kamala Harris.
Speaker 12: Now you just accused me of inciting violence against the community, when all that I've done is surface the complaints of my constituents, people who are suffering because of Kamala Harris's policies. Are we not allowed to talk about these problems because some psychopaths are threatening violence.
Speaker 3: We can condemn the violence on the one.
Speaker 12: Hand, but also talk about the terrible consequences of Kamala Harris's open border on the other hand.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So, and this interview is prior to the incident of the golf course. We hadn't heard the story of the Trump golf thing yet when the interview was going on. But we have, Butler, we have all this stuff proved to you. They didn't relocate twenty thousand or thirty thousand Haitians to this thing, and they wrote a big thread and it got passed everywhere. And the way that their thing that they were using to prove that it's not true is they pulled up the census data and they didn't realize that just because the census data says that its numbers from twenty twenty three, that doesn't mean it's numbers encompassing twenty twenty three. It merely means the publication where you cited it from was published in twenty twenty three. Numbers were from twenty twenty and the claim was that over the last year and a half, you've had this influx, so like your own numbers are incredibly wrong. And when everyone would point out that while that paper was published in twenty twenty three, if you look at the paper, they cite census data from twenty twenty that was gathered, it was merely reported in twenty twenty three. Right, it was the easiest, like, hey, you should probably check your numbers I think i've seen in a while, And people are like, nope, it says it right there. It's not happening. To how quickly we were then thrust into Okay, it is happening, but it's a good thing, right, you know that whole meme it's not happening, it's happening, and that's a good thing. And then there's you know, there's four other stages of moonback grief there. So with that in mind, JD's walking into this buzz saw or attempted buzzsaw on the part of Bash, which I don't think Kamala Harris would last thirteen seconds in. And also I don't think that the way I think that if Dana Bash handled the interview of Harris or Walls the way that she's handling this vance interview, that she would be excoriated. I think people would be upset with her. How dare you run her? How dare a person talk to a presidential or vice presidential candidate that way? You owe at least a modicum of respect, even if you plan on hanging something on them. All right, so here's cut number two of this continued act of verbal violence.
Speaker 12: I guess now, let me just fact check a couple of other things that you said, Danna, because it's important. You said that all of these migrants are in the country legally. They're in the country through what's called temporary protective status. That is, when Kamala Harris waved a magic amnesty wand taking people and giving them legal status.
Speaker 3: That is not a that is not to say that they're here legally.
Speaker 12: That is a terrible indictment of her amnesty policy that have further opened.
Speaker 7: The illegal migration. You might not agree with the policy, and obviously you don't, which is totally fair and legitimate. There are policy different disagreements all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, And let's be clear, it is a new thing that is based on legal theory that most people don't believe to be accurate. Court it's and it's so it's This is simply a matter of the courts having to catch up to it. And thus far as the courts have caught up to these things that this administration is doing, it's not gone well for them. Right, look at the student loan stuff. They'll wave a magic wand and they go, no, this is perfectly legal, because see we're doing it. That's not how that works. I mean, there is a process for it. So you get the official judicial stamp of this ain't legal. But don't fool yourself on this. I remember every time Trump would do something, they would claim that it is uh that we're in an institutional crisis. And then someone pointed out to be like, well, he just did an executive order negating a previous executive order, which is from if you remember, it was something he did with Obama. And they're like, you can't do that. And they're like, well, if he can make it up out a whole cloth because it's his wit, you know, whatever he wants, how come the next he can't do that. So these are not serious people.
Speaker 7: But the fact is that it is the law because of President Biden, the Vice President Harris Art. But I don't want to get I don't want to, frankly, go down this conversation about.
Speaker 12: You made a point, you don't I agree, you don't want to talk about policy.
Speaker 1: What I want to talk about.
Speaker 12: What I want to talk about instead of about the fact.
Speaker 7: That Senator your distraction. You were the one who started talking about the level. You were the one who bought the president fifty.
Speaker 12: Million pots, and I talked about it because you were ignoring this community.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, So you know that's that's the cross of the fight there. And she's now going to decide the only reason they're talking about is because him. Until he pushes back. She's like, you know, I don't really want to talk about this, which, by the way, isn't that the Bill burd bitt Ross? Am I wrong? Right? Isn't that whole bit where he's talking about like his woman gets in into an argument, so he gets mad and then her thing is, you know, we'll talk about this when you calm down, like you're doing the mean kind of I appreciate that, Dana Bash, I'm sorry. Is there any more of this public flogging that we can share with you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: There is?
Speaker 3: Okay, great, my constituents talked about to surface there.
Speaker 1: I love this gotcha question. You're asking a city US senator for a state if they've ever been to a moderate sized city within the state. What do you think that's ross? How many politicians have we had on in the last few weeks that had at some point had to tell me that they went to all one hundred counties. Yes, it's a thing you do. It's a thing you do. I'm trying to figure out if I haven't been to all one hundred counties I've been to probably if you count just driving through it, I'm sure I've been to most of them. But i'd have to sit down with a map like like I've camped in cabins in Ash County. A lot of folks never make it to Ash count You should, well, actually, you know what, No, you're just ruined things, all right. If you're good, you can come to Ash County. If you're not, stay away. It's horrible. You'd hate it. Pizza Place in Lancing is amazing anyway. Yeah, but that's the thing they do. And when you're running for a state wide office, they kind of expect you to, you know, you know, if you're especially if you're in Ohio, like and you're a Republican running right, you doing a photo op in Cole Lung. You know, Ohio right on the border with West I know there's probably not al but maybe there is. I nailed that one West Virginia city that one time. I didn't even mean to, right, But you go and you shake hands and babies and stuff. That's the thing you do. It's sure gotcha. Is you even been there? I'm sure Dana Bash has never been to this town in Ohio. More off, I would bet more positively on this she's never been there. And I'll bet if Dana Bash showed up in that town in Ohio, she would make a face like you, eh, peasants right, Like I don't think I and I I understand that I'm put in I'm hanging this on her, but this is what she's doing to him.
Speaker 3: My constituents talked about.
Speaker 12: To surface their concerns when the American Meeting. I've been to Springfield probably one hundred times in my life at Young's Jersey Dairy.
Speaker 7: Have you heard recently since you.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's a true politician right there. I just say, And you see, like politicians love telling you about the local eatery whatever they and then local people like, oh my gosh, he knows about the ice cream plate. Why do you think that always go to these What do you think Josh Stein drives around the state posted pictures of himself and like Wilbur's and State eating barbecue. Will it be I'm just like you eating my barbecue over here, my sauces all lined up perfect photo op. I got I spread of everything doing to offend people with you know, poorly done grits or whatever. Like what where'd you think this was going?
Speaker 3: Have I been the last four days? No talking about last four days, but I've sent you about.
Speaker 12: And they're telling me this stuff is happening, Dana, would you like to ask me questions and then let me answer them, or would you like to debate me on on these topics. I noticed that when you had Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz, you gave them multiple choice answers to the questions that you asked, and you.
Speaker 1: Will by the way Ross jd Vance listens to the show. Am I right? What was the very first point that I made about the interview? It's a case of the Mondays and there might be a dude outside in the bush. So but I'm not popping my pete, Ross, have I popped a pe yet this show? I haven't popped a pee though, So sorry, Ah, the frustrations of things, I'll tell you what though, my frustrations probably very minimal compared to frustrations. We're going to hear voice hearing about three minutes by race Agic, so don't worry about that. We'll get to him here and just stay yep, just a moment. So going back to the Dana bash insanity. So I'm taking not just with the way that she went after but also really the rudeness. And I'm not wrong in saying that had she gone after as full throatedly and as wildly uninformed as she did with JD Vance. There, I promise you they would be talking about disrespect. They would be talking about disrespect. Oh the way, can you believe she disrespected Kamala Harris who's running for president. You don't have to agree with her, but you don't disrespect her, Tim Walls, that would be the narrative that we would be discussing today, and I don't. You couldn't convince me otherwise. And yet what did we see there? We saw people like she didn't go hard enough. Just remember you know that she wasn't she wasn't loaded for bear when her comeback then had to turn into I bet you the senator from Ohio have never been to this small town that she would would literally be repulsed by without ever do you know how easy it was to google JD Vance and the city and literally see pictures, you know, like Getty images of JD. Vance on the stump in Springfield, Like that's the first thing you see. Even I mean, you see the stories about cats and dogs, but most of those didn't contain pictures of him staying in Springfield. Just crazy times, man. So anyway, Yeah, for another weekend, another weekend where I was just sitting around just trying to envoy, you know, enjoy him a football to the extent that I can. Look, I got to come to terms with all of a sudden, whether this guy, who's not from a quarterback perspective hasn't worked out in almost every other situation, and think to myself, well, maybe maybe he's different in a Viking setting like we've seen people like that where quarterbacks just found the right setting. And you know, understandably, when you got a bunch of weapons, you know, you got justin Jefferson, who scared the hell out of me yesterday. Right, that's a pretty good guy to have. It doesn't take away from whether that guy is a functional quarterback, but it makes it easier. You know, the the wood chipper that the now Vikings quarterback, former Panthers quarterback, the team that they had in front of him were wildly different. I'd like to think my stats would be better if I had Jefferson to throw to. But man, that play where he hit Bosa and they both basically had to be carted off. We want to talk about an expensive football play. That's what I'm trying That's how I'm trying to spend a weekend, not going Oh, they tried to kill Trump again. Okay, let's do this. Yeah I was the only one doing that, or left wing moon but you know the moonbats out there and people whose teams didn't excel, who were looking for a distraction. Which theory do you think is more plausible? I'm gonna go with this guy who's like doing Ukrainian propaganda and is on a first name basis with like big time journalists and stuff. How the hell that happened out of a country of three hundred and thirty million or whatever. Anyway, I don't know, call it what you want. It's just stop doing it on the weekends my time. Okay. But I don't know, maybe maybe somebody needed uh distraction over the weekend. Right things aren't going your way? You just need something to turn your attention to. I guess I could kind of understand why people would think that, and I have I have no comparison. I'm just pointing stuff out anyway, raced age, like, how you doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: What not?
Speaker 6: As good as you are?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: What? No?
Speaker 1: Why am I? Why am I doing? I'm not doing good? Somebody tried to kill the former president. Again. I'm and on the weekend where I'm trying to do stuff. Let me ask you, let me ask you a question. Does this help you now? How you doing? Is your day going better? A little? I feel better? Thanks little zither music there. Dude, I don't can I say this, and I'm honestly I'm not gonna just sit here and hack on you and and the Cowboys. Maybe the Saints are just better. I mean, it's hard when you're scaling them against the Panthers week one and what you're getting, So maybe that right.
Speaker 13: Maybe Again, my comment is the defense is good, but it's not elite, and they always think that they have this elite defense that can't hold the better offensive teams to they can't stop them. I mean it's just been that way. I mean that's fine. Parsons is good. Anybody who can get obvious passing down sacks and pressures. I just don't see the pressure or the defense when you don't expect it. Give me a sack on first and ten when David Carr is dropping back to pat.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean, Instead of when you expected.
Speaker 1: He looked, he looked a lot better. He looked really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did. And Saints.
Speaker 13: Look, I mean, if you're base it off of a team like Das, who is supposed to be one of the elite in the NFC, you base it off of that, maybe the Saints are too.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 2: I saw your nine million dollar post and I felt for you that. I was like, oh, poor guy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so you got ninety million dollars invested in two guys, right, Yeah, and you can't even go dude.
Speaker 1: That catched in the CD LAMB and that movie put on people like that's that's a dude earning his money.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 13: So yeah, to go back to the lack of a running game too, it probably does.
Speaker 6: Some of that's in there too. So there's a lot.
Speaker 1: But if you first and talk to the league, if you played in an individual an IDP league, that got you a tackle yesterday, so.
Speaker 6: Well well I don't so he really got me nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you see did you see the community notes on the goal? It was a photo of Dak Prescott walking in with like a cowboy hat and he looked the badass, actually looked like macho man Randy Savage or something. He looked like really and it said Dak Prescott's in the house, the Saints might be in trouble, and the community, the community notes, So the Saints were not in trouble.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, they weren't.
Speaker 1: And then this was fun sometimes times.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And the only advantage next week is they got Baltimore in Dallas. But is that even an advantage anymore?
Speaker 1: I you know, I didn't watch any of the Baltimore game. I remember looking up the score, going is boring? Is the first few minutes I saw? How is this in the twenties? But this is boring? Man? But I'll say this, My buddy is an Eagles fan, is terrified now. Yeah, because he was. He was looking over the Saints.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: He didn't give a crap they play him next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, I just think everybody was thinking, and everybody think of that Atlanta was going to make a move.
Speaker 6: We'll see what happens tonight. But I think now the Saints are potentially the team.
Speaker 1: The team.
Speaker 13: It's early, Like Jerry Jones said, who's the first person they interviewed? They don't the god, they don't interview the players of the coaches. They go right to Jerry Jones.
Speaker 1: But well, he is the dude who decided he was going to long scale negotiate with both of them and then give them more than they wanted. So, I mean, here's that, right, that's why you talk to Jerry Jones there. All right, I'm sorry, I'm not again. I'm not picking on we got sorry rosspol And music earlier because I just.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's only week two. Everyone needs to relax, exact.
Speaker 1: So it says the guy who is literally not watching anything.
Speaker 14: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't because I'll curse the team. I'm not watching any of it.
Speaker 1: So obviously swimming in reality there. All right, let's say the reality is weather though, Let's is it hide in the bushes awaiting the former president to make.
Speaker 13: The right anyway, Well, you're gonna you're gonna get pretty wet. A lot of rain coming in. Starting to see it overspread the area now flow to watch as far west as Fortsight, Davidson, Stanley Counties. That's from our potential tropical cyclone likely to become Helleen later today. Continue to move on shore, probably make landfall on the South Carolina coast. But still we're gonna get rained, some heavy rain. Already starting to see some of the steady rain in now heavier rainfall down near the coast, near places like Brunswick County, Pender County, cities in Jacksonville, and down toward the outer banks just south of south of North River and Cape Lookout. So next couple of days a little bit unsettled. Some of the rain totals could be three four inches in subspots.
Speaker 1: So okay, well that sounds awful. Yeah, yeah, it is. Well we'll talk through, sir and churn up and we'll talk in an out.
Speaker 6: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, raced agic from the Weather Channel. All right, well, we're gonna we'll dive into some of the audio. We got the sheriff from down there in the fool Florida, Lester Holt has he's got some thoughts on the Trump attempted assassination, as does really the totality of MSNBC. Like I think the first thought should be, hey, it'll be a good way to stop the violence, stop trying to murder your political opponents. But that's not where we're starting. Apparently we will get into that coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. If you didn't understand the logistics of it, because Siegen was a thing, right, You got to you gotta control your own water supply, you gotta have a food you gotta, you know, have a food source in and out, because that's how they used to get you back in the day. If you wanted to seize Jerusalem. Yeah, I mean sure, yeah, you know there's you've heard rumors of, Hey, what if we get a bunch of horns? Right, that's one option. I feel like there's some things that go along with that. But if you're holding up for the long haul, if you're if you're going to ruby ridge the hell out of this thing, you gotta make smart choices. So I was reviewing some of the and I feel like I feel like obviously relying on a newspaper report from a very long time ago, but or reasonably long time ago. But it's talking about a much younger would be alleged presidential assessed in mister ruth in an incident. This is where I was trying to determine if it's him or a relative or whatever. But this dude's got a lengthy criminal record, all sorts of stuff, really likes carrying stealed weapons illegally. I heard that that was something that was bad and not a fan of law enforcement, including an incident that happened where Routh was Ruth however you want to say it basically was pulled over. This was on a Sunday and rather than it going smoothly, police say, he starts putting his hand on something and eventually the determine is probably a weapon. It looks to be a long rifle of some sort and according to reporting this is by the Greensborough newspaper. Please say he put his hand on a firearm and then took off right That old trick eventually ended up at United Roofing. I don't think this is their location anymore. Sorry to drag you guys into this, but I was just trying to map this thing too. If this dude, my best gay, if you'd have gone a very short further distance, he could have hold up in an olive garden. I'm sorry, what are you doing where you wanna hold I mean where do you want to hold up? You want to hold up and in a with we're with roofing nails, or do you want to go over the olive garden there where you have an unlimited supply of food? Am I wrong?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 1: The one over at Gate City am I wrong? Why would you like? This is like the surrender shed thing. You got to know your surroundings. Dude. If I knew there's an olive garden not far from there, everyone else does, RUSS. If you had to hold up for a siege potentially up to and including the FBI, where do you want to do? You want to do it at the place with shingles to eat or with unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean there's rumors that one of those establishments is owned by the mafia. So either construction trade absolutely right, have mafia tie I'm not. I'm not messing with.
Speaker 1: A lot of construction tie ins.
Speaker 2: What you mean, you're not doing it? Not participating in this conversation?
Speaker 1: Unlimited breadsticks or unlimited shingles, That's all I'm saying. But more what I'm saying is I'm looking at this dude's criminal record. I'm looking at reading about incidents like this. How is this guy not have a felony? I mean, for all the rhetoric like we gotta burn all the guns in an incinerator, I don't know. Looks like this guy was putting up some warning flags, but then you. Then you start out, you start asking mental questions too. His damn kid out there, like, oh I hate Trump too, Like I get it. My dad's not a violent guy. I did see some people hacking on the secret They shot at him, but they didn't hit them. Sometimes you're just shooting at people to get him to stop whatever it is they're doing at that moment. And if the guy's got coveries behind a fence and you're just remember I think one of the agents saw the rifle barrel poking out, which is good. That's what I want you guys to be able to do. You're sometimes you just got a fire so the lunatic doesn't start firing because the Yeah, the president's a little ways away, and I have a map here of the golf course. One of them is a par three, so he'd have made that turn off of this obviously have never played the Trump West Palm Beach course, but yeah, as soon as he comes around, it's one of those par three island greens, so then he's doubling back. So he may have been close enough, just getting ready for the six hole. So I you know, I don't know the full logistics of where he was, but I know he makes bad seas choices, and frankly, that is not where I would have held up if you'd have moved one hundred yards down here to a much better pinch point. He's gonna have to because of the water. He's gonna have no choice but to be able to come within one hundred yards of you, absolute lunatics man. And then where the where the crazy? Where that level of crazy stops the newest level of crazy begins. And that is not just what happened here, but like all of a sudden, here's a video of the dude from Newsweek sitting down doing Ukraine advocacy.
Speaker 6: Send me who you are and why are you here?
Speaker 5: Fifty six from the US US from North Carolina. Originally so live in Hawaii now so flew all the way from Hawaii here. So the question as far as why I'm here, so me. You know, a lot of the other conflicts are gray, but this conflict is definitely black and white. This is about good versus evil. This is a storybook, you know, any movie we've ever watched. This is definitely evil against good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not saying that people who would see somebody with the Ukraine flag, who then would other people be like, yeah, you're a sheep. I'm not saying they might have been writ in some instances. What I am saying is this is literally the takedown st tereotypical. You're losing your mind over this and you don't understand what's going on moment, and this dude is all in and he's been, of course being reinforced by anybody like you. Remember they impeached a whole president over a perception that he wasn't falling in line with the Ukraine thing, and this guy probably cheered it on every step of the way.
Speaker 5: They're battling a situation here where you know, the Ukrainians and the rest of the world are caring and kind and generous and unselfish.
Speaker 1: And wildly and utterly corrupt as well, because it is the way of the world over there. You could argue they're less corrupt, or you could argue that their corruption is more beneficial to what you think is the correct way things should work. But you want to talk about rose colored glasses, man, This is this is what they mean when they say that.
Speaker 5: To take care of one another and a matter of you know, we need to stand up for that. That is the most important thing in the world is just to show human beings that we're kind and we're caring, and that we take care of one another, and the world is united, so that we feed each other and make sure that, you know, we all move forward as one collective, whole unit, so you know, we feel the pain of one country's failure and their conflicts, and we enjoy the successes of other countries that are doing good, and we all work together.
Speaker 6: And for some.
Speaker 5: Reason, Russia does not grasp this concept that we're all one unit and we have to get along.
Speaker 1: And and by the way, he's correct in the sense that Russia is a bad actor in so many instances, but you know, to assume that they are, that the Ukraine is then the the one percent antithesis of that, it is just wholly not accurate, because like nothing is that clear cut. I don't care which ally you think is the is the best ally of the US. I all assume that if it came to it, they would cut our throats if it was between them and us. And by the way, that's because I expect that of my politicians. If it turns into a thing where it's not within the US best interest I understand about keeping you know, hey, you see, you got to keep your word on stuff. Although we don't have a great track record of that, but if if it hit the fan and it came to it, we gotta you gotta Sophie's choice. This thing. I expect them to throw us under the bus. That's just that's just the reality of things. So if you can't even start with that reality, now you before you know it, you're making propaganda videos.
Speaker 5: And work together and and and they all human beings. This is twenty twenty two. We have to work together. It's it sings asinine that we have a leader in a country that does not understand the concept of of being unselfish and being generous and being kind and just the basic moral values that are required by human beings.
Speaker 1: That's what he hears in his head when he's saying Oldissippi darman. And he was so stoked on in that right because there when they're making a propaganda video. Part of that is every moment you're not filming them telling you how right you are, like, oh my gosh, you believe this guy's making this video. It's like when the when the one Army dude back in the day walked into North Korea. What do they do? They shoot him? No, they didn't. They made him a movie star. So he went over there disgruntled for whatever reasons stated or unstated, and they're just like, hey, you want us to you, I want your pick of our concubines and wives, and hey, you want to be a movie star. Do you think they did it because they thought he had good features? No pun intended there, No, they did it because it's propaganda. Man. So here's a dude. They're making this video and they're like, look, this guy was so passionate. He flew all the way from Hawaii and he's from North Carolina. I hear they have military bases there. Let's get this guy on film. So he's doing that. He's also doing like there's other filmed events with him, working with like top tier journalists and stuff, like they know this dude, they know exactly who this dude is. Oh no, no, no, people are sending me all the Ukraine stuff like I got it, I got it. You can't you can think that it is useful to have Ukraine fight a proxy war for you against Russia. You'd talk to me for you talk to me, not to that many years ago and that, and that's how they were approaching it. I would all I'd be like, yeah, you know what, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, But with time and research and the way that they're going about it where there's zero accountability about stuff, this is how you get over your skis. This is how you end up arming the Taliban. No, not the most recent time, but back in the day, because they were willing to shoot a Russia for you, and then years later you said your own troops over, only to have little troop casualties that were likely a result of firearms that date back to that time. Some of their larger munitions are literally ours that we sold them or forgot somewhere. And again, not talking about the Afghan withdrawal, talking about back when they were willing to shoot at the Russians for us. So you know, you think about this stuff through the long game, and that's how most people their position may evolve, or if they want to be intellectually honest, they would do it. Do you understand how until we knew, until we had a motive down there, though, it was pretty quick that there was this window of time where I'm not going to make this up. I'd be straight with you. In my mind, I was like, please God, let it be a swiftye. I know that sounds horrible, right, because do you want to live in a timeline where a former president was nearly assassinated because he shaded Taylor Swift on social media and one of her fans couldn't take it. No, that is the most insane timeline, or one of But at least then I'm like, maybe I don't have to get into voter registration if it's just the only thing I got to know is if they had a Taylor Swift fan card, which, by the way, what a random thing to a truth I guess or tweet or however you want to say it. I hate Taylor Swift. That's trolling, right. If he'd added and Kpop on there, then you'd know for sure. But that's where I thought this thing might have gone. I realized it probably wasn't. But that's just how weird my head is. I'm like, if that's a Taylor Swift fan, I'm here for this, right. You got the Taylor Swift Leave Britney Alone version of it, which, by the way, the Lee Britney Alone thing was not real, right, I trying to remember. I think I read and it was only years later that the Lee Britney alone was was sarcasm or parody but not really or something I don't know. Here's the sheriff of Palm Beach.
Speaker 8: Afternoon call came out, shots fired, that was called in by a Secret Service. Because we're in constant contact with them all the time, we were notified of that, and we had units here that immediately sealed off the area.
Speaker 1: That's right, and the people were Bradshaw is probably the law enforcement department who most deals with the Secret Service currently because that's where Trump residence is, and every time and trying to get on the A one there, you know, for any of you who've driven the main coastal road there that runs you know, obviously through South Beach and then just up the coast all the coast of Florida, they're only say you can only get on or off that highway at specific points. It's like there's a railroad track dividing you, so traffic flow is considerably tighter and more of a pain. You'll hear residents down there losing their mind, and I would understand, I'd be very frustrated too, right, because of how the airport works there. We have the Executive Airport where Trump plans and how they have to move them over to marw Lago and they don't take them around the north side. So that main road which goes past this course, I might add, is is that's the way you get in and out. Yeah, this this dude better have a good relationship, and I suspect he does with the Secret Service. You're not playing off DHS employees and Butler Pa. You're dealing with folks who deal with each and every day. So yeah, they were quick to respond absolutely as they should have been. It's the Chris Rock thing. You don't get credit for doing what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 8: Fortunately, we were able to locate a witness that came to us and said, hey, I saw the guy running out of the bushes. He jumped into a black Nissan and I took a picture of the vehicle and the.
Speaker 1: Tag by the way by American sir, which was great.
Speaker 8: So we had that information our real time crimes that are put it out to the license plate readers, and we were able to get a hit on that vehicle on nine ninety five as it was headed into Martin County.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so he's just giving you the process of things. There's a little more from him. We'll get to. But where it really starts your head starts to hurt is watching the almost immediate analysis.
Speaker 15: Do you expect it to be called from within the Trump campaign to do that?
Speaker 16: Three?
Speaker 15: Because he's going to reach out his supporters and say, let's take this down. We do not know, again, the source of any gunshot or gunshots. We don't know who's responsible for this. The whole thing has yet to be one hundred percent confirmed.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll get we're gonna get. We'll get to the rest of this here, the whole thing. And I understand that, but I promise you if this was Harris, we wouldn't be having it. Hang on, we'll be back. So I just got this email, and I'm just like Ross, I'm not doing the research. Somebody's like, ah, you spent blah blah blah. You spent a whole hour talking about this dirt bag and not let Ross tell you about his new hat once for shame, which nice reference there. And then so I had to be like, Ross, did you get a new hat? Because it was fearful. It was simply a merch item where I'm portrayed as a serial killer, but it's not. You got a new pigley wiggly hat.
Speaker 2: That's what was amazing. It was a gift from a listener who wishes to remain anonymous, and for a good point. He's like, if you tell everybody where you got this, everyone's going to ask me, because I'm like, yeah, it's a great point.
Speaker 1: I brought it in today.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite hat.
Speaker 1: It's so it's key. You guys can't see it's camo except for a giant pigly wiggly bright. So it's like, you don't want the deer to know you're there, but you want the deer to know where to shop. That is correct, Yes, yeah, well not that he'll be able to because obviously if you see the deer, it's his last moments. But uh, okay, all right, well that makes a lot more sense because you know how it is, we get emails about stuff where they're not specific, Like, especially in the afternoon, I'll get random one line emails from people on the podcast and I'll be like, you are so right, and I'm just like, yeah, about what, And then I remember, I'm like right about everything, and it's fine, okay, very nice. And then you put mine? Where'd you put mine? In my box or the mailbox?
Speaker 3: I didn't?
Speaker 1: Should I go check the where'd you put my piggly wiggly hat? Our listener sent he didn't want the drawers over.
Speaker 2: He did send the second for Lincoln, which is and Lincoln loves it too. He's been wearing his.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so nice. Yeah, maybe we could do something. The three of us can all wear a new pigley wiggly hats or something. So mine's in the drawover It's in the draw over here. All right, Well i'll look for that during the break. So all right, is Lincoln's the same look or do you get a little different one?
Speaker 2: I know it's exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Good. That's a good hat right there. That is a that is a fine hat. All right. So he's got on a social media if you want to go see it, dude, I remember one of my favorite things that I saw. You remember when they were remember when Art Pope kind of re emerged in the McCrory campaign and he became like the satan, right, Oh, it's evil Art Pope and they were attacking him because of Roses, right. I don't know if you know about Roses. If you live in a rural community in North Carolina, you know exactly what I'm talking about. But it's kind of a you know, a little discount kind of store. I don't want to I don't want to call it a dollar store because someone get mad at me. But it's it's definitively we stores that are not it's not high end stuff, but it's obviously useful to people. They go and shop there. And they were bashing on them for that, and then the defense of like Pigley, they were using Pigley Wiggly as another cudgel, right, like, oh, these stores are just exploiting poor people. And what I thought was funny is like people across the spectrum in North Carolina was like, they don't talk about Pigley Wiggily, like that the hell do you think you are? So I was very, very amused. I think it was specifically the one in Richland's because they got a Pigley Wiggily night. Is it right next to the Roses or in the next shopping center, I can't remember, but if you drive to North Topsail that way, you'll see them, all right, So Ross got a cool new hat. Oh well, I don't get anything, but that's okay, that's okay, I get the joy of spreading MSNBC analysis. In the wake of another attempted assassination on the former president.
Speaker 15: You expected to be called from within your campaign to do that.
Speaker 1: And this is, by the way, where I mentioned the one audio was from with Dana Bash and JD was prior to this incident. This is after. This is after they know that somebody they may not know why try to murder the former president again.
Speaker 15: You expect her to be called from within the Trump campaign to do that, because he's going to reach out to his supporters and say, let's take this down. We do not know again, the source of any gunshot or gunshots. We don't know who's responsible for this. The whole thing has yet to be one hundred percent confirmed.
Speaker 1: And by the way, people are getting mad, she's right, and that's how she should approach it. But you notice that's not how they launched the thing, right, So she's what she's saying is obviously rhetoric led to this, and then in the next sentence she's saying, we don't know what led to this. But obviously the rhetoric absolute malpractice from a journalistic perspective.
Speaker 15: From start to finish how this all played out. But do you expect to hear anything from the Trump campaign about down the rhetoric, toning down the violence or would that be a typical of the former president?
Speaker 1: All Right, before I let the rest of the idiot's way in, he's the dude they tried to murder. And one of the things that I saw people objecting to is the part where it wasn't him who posted it was it was his campaign, dude whatever. And he's just like, ah, they keep trying to murder the former president, and they found that that was creating a divisive environment. Right, that's going to lead Trump supporters going, hey, they keep trying to murder our guy, maybe I should gohead and do something. So you can't state the simple fact that this they've tried to murder this dude twice in a few months and drew blood once. Oh ross. You want to know the conversation I had with one of the moonback guys in our football group. He almost never brings this stuff up. He's on the how come I don't see a giant ugly scar on Trump's ear team, and I'm like, what are you talking about. You know, you can you know, if you got money, you can pay plastic surgeons and they do a pretty good job, especially if you catch it real early. So like, if you're on that bandwagon, you're probably loving this MSNBC stuff.
Speaker 14: Well, Alex, remember back to the assassination attempt on President Trump's life and how you know, there was talk of a new tone, and then the Republican Convention was, by Trumpian standards, muted, and it did seem like he was, you know, just trying to take it down a few notches. But then by the end of his convention speech, you know, we were kind of back to where we started. So I don't know how long this could like, you know, this moment of unity for the country where we come together and we say, I don't want any political opposition to be under threat of violence. It's not okay, any threat of violence.
Speaker 7: You know, we don't want.
Speaker 14: I would love for us to have a unity type moment, but I think it's probably going to be pretty fleeting, as we've seen in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is going to be fleeting, because again you're sitting out here, and you only want to hold new account one side. How do you have a whole conversation right after this and go obviously the seeds to start with Trump toning down the rhetoric. That's that's the that's the short skirt argument you're making. You realize that, right, Wow, well why was she wearing short shorts on campus? The little slut? Why? I mean, what are you doing here? I understand you're going to pivot to the rhetoric thing, but holy hell, like there's there's all these montages that immediately because they're already written and they just get reused of of the various Democrat politicians. Now again, I think you should have a wide berth here, And I don't think normal people when you talk about targeting districts or even some of the Pelosi stuff, normal people don't take that as violence. But if you're going to argue that there's too many crazy people out there, and your conversation is like, oh my gosh, they shot at him again, it must be his fault, you sound literally insane, all of you.
Speaker 10: Today's a parent assassination attempt comes amid increasingly fierce rhetoric on the campaign trail itself. Mister Trump is running made jd. Vance continue to make baseless claims about Haitian immigrants in Ohio. This weekend there were new bomb threats in that town. Our Maggie Vespa is in Columbus, Ohio with more.
Speaker 1: We had what forty schools that some like twelve year olds in Greensboro called around the state or Winston. I can't remember where exactly they lived. This just happened last week. Just had forty different schools or whatever. I can remember what the number. Kyle had a news but it was like obviously it was way more schools than they ever attend. No, no, I'm not saying it's right. I'm just sitting here saying that the randomness of anonymous threats called in as part of a political disagreement, that's not a new thing. The new thing is people showing up to do the murder. That's the new thing. It's not holy new, But ninety nine point nine percent of the time when you when you get into this political stuff, it's not actually a threat. I know that sounds crazy, it's bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not actually a threat. These dudes are showing up with GoPros and rifles and drawn blood bend and your your your first pivot point is man, dude, that dude runs his mouth a lot. Maybe it wouldn't get shot at if you didn't run his mouth. Maybe. But also let's let's you know, let's not skip over the getting shot at part. If I could, for just a moment.
Speaker 11: Democracy stopped for about six hours.
Speaker 6: January six was counted at three forty.
Speaker 11: Four am, with two weeks until inauguration day. It was the Trump Justice Department that set the standards for the prosecution's decisions were made by career prosecutors who work at Justice for years. Regardless of who the president might be.
Speaker 4: The career prosecutors quickly realized that you needed guidelines in place determinations about who was going to be charged, who wasn't going to be charged, and what they would be charged with. That process started in January seventh, twenty twenty one, during the prior administration. To this day, we continue to use guidelines that the career prosecutors put in place during.
Speaker 1: The pier And I point this stuff out because again, it comes down to rhetoric. They're going to accuse Trump of telling his people to go over and do bad stuff when he clearly said something else. Then they're going to say, well, everyone knew what he meant. Dog whistle, you know, wink wink, nod, nod. And these are the conversations they want to get in depth to and they're like, see, career, career bureaucrats started doing this thing, and because they started under the previous president for the last week and a half, he was there to eat. Therefore he's somehow approved of this, and people are just putting all this together. All right, I'm sorry, just looking at the clock. We gotta get raced age in here.
Speaker 3: I don't even have time to.
Speaker 1: Toy with him, So fire away, sir, But not in the sense that they're going to accuse me of using that term. Strictly in a weather podcast sense.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it should be a lot of surprise.
Speaker 13: Last week we had talked about maybe something tropically developing off the coast, and it's happened, but.
Speaker 6: It doesn't have a name yet.
Speaker 13: It's a potential tropical cyclone which will most likely become Helene today move on shore, the center probably crossing South Carolina. Helene, yes, Allee would be the name, but it's already spreading the rain shield in less rain northern Wake County, parts of Durham County in north northeast where we don't see much of near Wake, and as you get up into Vaughn up in Warren County, but then there's more steadier rainfall from about the triad now extends all the way on back toward just.
Speaker 6: I'd say central Wake and all.
Speaker 13: Chatham Counties and back to southeast of that down near Fayetteville, some pretty decent rain. And it was some flash flooding going on out near the coast as you get down near Wilmington. So all that rain's coming this way, flood to watch in place that ends about Forsyth, Davidson, Stanley Counties, but still rain west of that just gotta be tricky travel and rain and steady rain at times. Could fall heavily today, some spots less, especially to the north. Some will see more south southeast Fayetteville, out near the coastal parts of the Carolinas. And then as this storm comes inland, most likely as a tropical storm, it'll week into a depression and keep the rain on again off again, probably through midweek. So tomorrow showers, thunder showers, potential for some heavy rain, same thing on Wednesday before this kind of dies out, we get some better weather.
Speaker 6: As we look ahead toward later in the week.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Yep, we'll talk tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, sir, all right, everything will.
Speaker 1: Be better and we'll all sho chat with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 1: So sorry to hit you late, but you know the thing that happens, So let's understand. And it's very busy.
Speaker 17: Not so much in the business world right now. The main focus for investors heading into the new week is the Federal Reserve Board's policy meeting, which begins tomorrow, which widely expected the central Bank will lower interest rates for the first time in more than four years. Economists say a rate cut of at least a quarter percent is all but a sure bet, but the team at JP Morgan Chase is among those not ruling out a half percentage point reduction. That contract battle between Walt Disney and DirecTV was settled over the weekend, so ABC, ESPN and other Disney channels they're back on DirecTV subscribers won't have to miss Monday night football for a second week in a row. Direct TV and Dish are reportedly discussing a merger. According to sources who talked to Bloomberg and the Case, federal mediators meet tomorrow with officials from Boeing. In the company's largest union, more than thirty thousand unionized machinists are on strike. Aircraft productionists shut down, and of course Boeing hoping that this will not be a prolonged strike.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. Hey, So, uh, you know twitch or twitch, Twitter and truth. Obviously before the shooting, they were talking about Trump's beef with Taylor Swift because he could do some stuff. So do you like it? Do you prefer twifty or trifty for our stupid media mashup name, because that's what they always have to do with these things. What do you want? Or trifty can't? Oh, I don't know that.
Speaker 17: Trifty seems to sound a little little, a little easier to to say.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, so team trifty will write you down and I will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 17: Sir, Okay, talk to you then.
Speaker 1: Take care. Yeah, there you go. Yeah, I was dumb. I should have put it as a pole. But that's that's just me. Uh Hey, real quick too, U I saw this speaking of uh, did you see and I guess I must have missed the real beef. But did you see the next great scandal with Trump? And it's going back to it's not the cats and dogs thing. It's that he talked about, uh, threatening to eliminate Abdul's house when he was talking about how he dealt with the Taliban and all that. I thought, I just assumed that even the journalist over at CNN knew what that was a reference to. I was wrong, man, there you want to talk about zero research done.
Speaker 17: The man who now leads a Taliban in Afghanistan, Mala abdul Ghani Baradar.
Speaker 7: Abdul Ghani Baradar co founder.
Speaker 5: I could hear in Mala Baradar's voice that he knew President Trump meant business.
Speaker 17: CBS News has confirmed that CIA director William Burns met secretly in Cobble with the Taliban's de facto leader, Abdul Ghani Bardar.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're all we're all clear that everyone you heard, Don Lemon, that you heard everybody were very clear that they knew. Because remember the scandal was he there was the Camp David meeting, never gonna do it. Everyone got offended, all right, So they're very clear, and they've reported on this. Dude, that's back in twenty twenty one. But what happens if you want to have a good little comedy sho and you want CNN to bring in comics to roast Trump, you get this.
Speaker 16: This is the part where Donald Trump invented someone. He invented a person who doesn't exist. In addition to the people he says are eating dog, here's another person who doesn't exist. His name is Abdul, and Abdul who is the head of the Taliban.
Speaker 11: He is still the head of the Taliban, And.
Speaker 2: I told Abdul, don't do it anymore.
Speaker 11: You do it anymore, you canna have problems.
Speaker 16: Maybe the reason that VP Harris is looking at him that way is or one that she's probably thinking maybe he should go back to folks home and have a bowl of jello. Or she might also thinking herself, no, no, no, The head of the Taliban's name is not Abduam. It is Hippatullah a Kunzaza Akunzada. So maybe he couldn't remember that. You know, I had to write it down to know it. Your thoughts on his response and making up Abdul as a person that isn't real.
Speaker 7: No one can really confirm who this Taliban person named Abdullah is who he said he'd talked to