Speaker 1: Like, without further ado, let's bring on future Spartan dog Mischigon State committed Brelan Kylie and his dad Steve.
Speaker 2: What up? Hey? Hold on, hold on, hold on. You know everybody call you Brayder, I call you BC. Well you get that dad reads already? Boy, you look good. That's what I'm talking about, man, Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Don't always notice the bling was going up with your guys.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you for.
Speaker 1: Wanting to smartly MSU. You know, I've been hearing a lot about what's going on with you your dad.
Speaker 2: I mean he's posting a lot which we love.
Speaker 1: That we love in the panther out there, you know, especially happened what's going on missus State and what's going on with you? But Braylan, talk about your the reason you chose the Green and white.
Speaker 3: Really, uh, that was my last offer out of the fifteen that I had ended up with, and Coach Hawk came up to watch me run some ross and stuff like that workout, and I went up from our official visit and really just I never looked back from there. I mean it felt like home, everybody, the family atmosphere. I mean, geographically, it's much closer than Iowa. And Iowa State. If you didn't know, those were my other two of my top three. But yeah, just a family feel big ten everybody.
Speaker 4: Coach Hawk is a great dude. Coach Jonathan Smith.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see what he can do, bringing over eight and Child's and a couple of other guys from Oregon State along with Coach Linger. So it's really exciting to see what this program can do. And I'm excited to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: And then if you think of the mother two schools, we got to beilt a quarterback, that one in Ioura.
Speaker 2: He sucks.
Speaker 6: He from Michigan, you know what I'm saying, So you'd I think it's like his ninth year.
Speaker 5: He's done at the last week. He's terrible. But see, man, I saw your highlights. Man, when when when you made the commit Man? And I saw and I've always breaked films down because I'm one.
Speaker 2: Of the best athletes to ever play this game.
Speaker 7: He's a mess, man, I got the mess and.
Speaker 5: I saw a lot of my talents, Like you know me, It's almost like your dad put my tape in and say, you know what, watch this guy, you know, touch touch the TV every time you see thirty three and do you know because you.
Speaker 2: Had some I saw you take a hitch and make somebody miss and go.
Speaker 5: He got this word, and I saw him take the hitch, make somebody miss and take it fifty.
Speaker 2: What the hell you know?
Speaker 5: The sign is real simple, it's just back it up.
Speaker 2: Watch what's my man? PC?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, this is a research yeah right here, two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Club that boy look cute.
Speaker 4: Look at it now.
Speaker 2: Okay. Oh that's the most. We gotta turn that into ESPN. That's more. He got most. Do your dad, do your dad?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you gotta go up and get that man after. That's tall him at a young age. You gotta go up there. That's your bas It's not fifty to fifty, that's ninety ten. That best for the defense.
Speaker 5: Oh with the one hand. Oh, you gotta do your dad. Get up, hurry up, gim something, give them something real quick.
Speaker 2: Oh fucking new teammates. He ain't been to play with him next year.
Speaker 7: We still got to have you know.
Speaker 2: That's our guys right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, And he played with Dan Reeves. Boy the boy daddy daddy got money on a real note BC. The thing that I love and and a lot of these guys not doing that. And I know it gotta make you tough. He playing cornerback too, So you play cornerback as a receiver, that means you gotta be tough, you know what I mean, because you gotta come up, you gotta make the tackle, you gotta block a receiver all the time or whatever it is, and then you gotta do it on the other side.
Speaker 2: So, hey, man, keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 5: You're playing all three phases of the game. And the more you can do, hey, the more they gonna pay.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: And I'm proud of you, man. Yeah, you know you got you with a pretty good solid brand of football over in Ohio. Talk about when you started playing. How old were you when you first got into playing the game of football.
Speaker 3: So my mom didn't want me to play football at first, so I ain't start playing until my seventh grade year, and I initially played quarterback and running back. I didn't even play receiver until my sophomore year in high school. That's when really kicked off. My freshman year, I played a couple of games dB and a couple of games wide receiver, but mainly just special teams trying to see the field anywhere I could help my team out anywhere I could.
Speaker 4: As a freshman, and.
Speaker 3: Then sophomore year I had a breakout season, and then junior year it was really that season for me to prove myself show college is what I could do and help my team make it as far as we could. But really it's been a long process, enjoyable. It's nothing like going out there on a Friday night playing football. I mean, baseball was my first love, but ever since football, sophomore year especially, I mean, ain't nothing like going out there on a Friday night for sure.
Speaker 5: So you wanted to play, you ain't playing until your seventh grade year.
Speaker 2: Okay, we know who run the house. Okay, no problem, go ahead where we lived.
Speaker 8: You can't play tackle until second grade.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't the same. He wanted to box that Steven talk about. You say, you the one that taught him that high point. So yeah, really the game you've been coaching in little league football and all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when he was little, coming up playing flag and then starting in middle school just you know, and just in the backyard, really you know, teaching them. These are the main traits you got to have you're going up. You're going to get that ball. And it helps you at dB too, because, by the way I look at it, if somebody go deep, they go deep past you. As a dB, you turn it to a wide receiver. Win that ball in there. You got just as much right to it as as the offense do. So you go up and you high point that football and you don't even let the other competitor get a chance to get it because you got to go up and make sure you get at his highest point come down with it every time, you know. So that's the main thing, you know, especially being a receiver, that's what can set you apart. A lot of kids can catch, a lot of kids can run, a lot of kids can do this and do that. But they're going to go up and get that trust to your quarterback to say, hey, he might be covered, but I know he gonna go up and get it for me.
Speaker 5: Oh Dad, talk that talk. That's what I'm talking about. Hey Dad, I much did them call?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Tell the truth? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Mom, let him, you know, kind of run rampant with whatever he want to do.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying, Uh, I think she gonna shut him a check, you know, when you get to Michigan State and be like, hey, this is what.
Speaker 7: All that stuff? You know, I got it tally. I've been keeping the talent.
Speaker 2: So music to you, pos. I'm doing the same thing with my kids.
Speaker 8: And then as soon as they you know, they settled into the door and everything, they're gonna get a little piece of male friends.
Speaker 1: Here boys, right, Yes, indeed, So did you play football growing up yourself? Only up through middle school? I was mainly playing played basketball.
Speaker 2: Football. Is just I wasn't nearly as talented as my son is.
Speaker 8: You know, I can teach you the game, you know I can. I can talk ball with you. I wasn't nearly as talented as him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I couldn't take it as far as he has. And if I had a choice, it'd be just like it is. You know what I'm saying, get that gift to him. Let me be the proud dad, and I can't.
Speaker 2: Be more happy, you know, plug.
Speaker 7: But I would rather have him be the talent so I can sit back and watch and enjoy.
Speaker 5: So, so was you one of those players where you went out for football and they did the Hamburger drill.
Speaker 2: And you saw that and then you just became a hooper. You didn't want to contact Brada. You said you play you play baseball. That was your first love.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, baseball position, short stop, center field.
Speaker 9: Okay, so you got a glove and some wheels. Oh yeah, yeah, and you ran some track too, right, Yeah, I ran track my sophomore Yet did that? Did that help you how to play in baseball? And try help you play football?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Just in the ball center field, help me track down the ball, deep balls, whatever that case may be. Track really helped me focus on the fundamentals of running and learning the actual science behind running, because I didn't really know too much about running and all that. But really just it helped me really just hone in on the fundamentals. My fastest one hundred was a ten to nine, so in the short time of track that I had ran, I think my first ever time runner was eleven two and then I cut it down. But really just learning and really focus on all those fundamentals and track helped me take it over to the football field for sure.
Speaker 5: Hey BC, watching that game last week, right and you sitting home and you see a guy I don't know if it was six or eight for one or two touchdown, whatever it was, one touchdown?
Speaker 2: What did you say to yourself? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Because if you anything like me, when I see something like that, man I could do that would have had two hundred and ninety six, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But how did you feel? Because at the end of the day, that's a true freshman, you know what I mean, still seventeen, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And if I'm coming in as a freshman, I see they playing a freshman. I mean, I'm getting the weight room harder, I'm making bigger plays or whatever it is because I got to get ready because I got a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how could you be watching that game?
Speaker 5: You saw those guys, I mean the quarterback through for three hundred some yards through the ball almost forty times.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, how did you feel? How did you see? What you felt about that?
Speaker 4: No? For sure, Nick a dog. I mean that's why I spent most of my time on my official visit with got to know him a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a dog for sure, And really just seeing that gives me motivation and motivations even more because obviously everybody want to make an impact as a true freshman come in and get some playing time.
Speaker 4: So really I need to focus on the weight room.
Speaker 3: I'm rolling early, so that's gonna give me some time to get in the playbook, weight room, all that strength staff and really just give myself prepaired to make an impact as a true freshman, because that's what I want to do.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know you brought up Courtney Hawkins, I mean, being a part of the decision to come to Michigan State. And you see how many receivers he's developed in a short time. A lot of them in the NFL right now. And obviously you see the guys you had your visit with, you know, obviously Nick marsh and you know Jerian Glover. Those guys are here. My toy is a guy who probably been playing on Sunday, you know, talking about your highlights. You know, we did find some more I think there was. Let's see if we could play some of these highlights. You can talk about this. This is I think this is a camp.
Speaker 4: This is a scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Oh scrimmage okay, yah, yeah, you got some good video up here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: What's who's this your high school?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeahs and Perkins. Okay, you know they have you listened at one seventy. Man, I don't know that video that was on a cell phone looked like you put on sometimes. Have you in the weight room? What's going on where you at now?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wise?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, No, I'm still on seventy.
Speaker 3: It's hard to, you know, keep that weight and maintaining throughout the season, especially during camping two days and all that, because all you're doing to swed and running around working hard. But definitely I gotta focus on keep eating, Uh, stay consistent of the weight room. We live twice a week in the mornings before school, so really just staying consistent with that and eating trying to make up for that loss weight that goes on during practice.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm still won seventy six foot Okay, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, I know they agreed in Pops.
Speaker 5: Listen to me and if you don't know, I can get Mama Hall to get you. What how she do with us on number five? Cause number five got bigger traps now his head bigger. You know why he eating Coler.
Speaker 2: Green with neck bones in it. There we go, we gotta we gotta gem.
Speaker 5: Guarantee seventeen pounds with the two months Kyla greens and neck bone with a little hot sauce guarantee he's taking it.
Speaker 2: No, you know, like.
Speaker 7: Here a very picky eater man, you know, like that's what he's very picky right now.
Speaker 8: But like I told him, when you get to Michigan State, man, hey, they gonna have your your mix right there for you before practice, after practice and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be like you're a gainer here you go. This is what you got.
Speaker 7: So you're gonna have to get acclimated a little bit more, you know, going forward.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, And they got all the food for it. And it's a great time to be a football player.
Speaker 2: It's great two a days.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even think they do too many of those anymore, like like they used to back in our day, Pops. So you won't be sweating too much now that the Smith. They got a great program going. As you've seen sixty one new players, the camaraderie, the cohesion, this is off the charts, man, something that we've never seen here with so many new faces, you know. So I think he made the right choice for sure, and we can't wait to see you man in the green and white.
Speaker 2: How many more games you have to a playoff time.
Speaker 4: Seven seven more games a regular season and we got playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yep, okay, all right, what's what you're looking like? You think you can make it all the way? For sure?
Speaker 3: Yep, for sure we lost. We lost a big key of our team, Number four, my teammate Western Stursay year. He like toured everything in his leg before the season. He is another white out on the other side, and he's committed to James Madison University. He was the start of safety and started zeroceiver for us. So, I mean that's a big loss for sure, But we just playing for our brother every single day. We never forget that day represented well our wars number the first game number four, uh to put on for him and really just decided to play for him always in the back of our head and stuff get hard and stuff get tough. We're just thinking like he would do anything to be back on this field. So we're doing it for him, and for sure we could take it all the way.
Speaker 5: Hey, BC, before you go, man, you know we got seven more games, you know, relative coach to whoever called ladies, go get that book.
Speaker 2: Keyshawn Johnson may give me the damn ball. I ain't even pos. Come on, he's too young to get up.
Speaker 5: Give it to your OC. Throw me the damn ball, coach, put it on my shoulders. I'm the senior, I'm the big time player. I wasn't number one. I got the two diamond ear rings in my ear If we're gonna go down, I'm gonna go go down with me.
Speaker 2: Throw me the damn ball.
Speaker 5: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Here's that motivation for your your your following teammate, as far as his injuries concerned, as a good motivation to get you guys from fail you far into the playoffs, maybe a state championship man, but stay healthy.
Speaker 2: That's the most important thing for all of us in that fa in your family, our family to yours.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to see you here in a few short months early in Roland in East Lansing, when we catch back up with you.
Speaker 2: We'll be there this Saturday, actually for crazy gonna be here. No, don't way, no gas, We're gonna beat.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Gotta come to campus first. You gotta come in. Oh you know what, No, no, go and watch the hair. I hope they let the band. They got a band, that be they band. I let him go to that party. I have to stay away. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah we popped.
Speaker 4: We just let him do that.
Speaker 1: No, thank you guys man for joining this part of it. Please don't be strangers and we will see you guys soon.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you. It's a pleasure. Green BC. Right, let's get it all right,