Speaker 1: And this episode is cold hell Booby.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode twelve, Bob Bilby and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be a super fun time.
Speaker 4: You got that right.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address Mollie Podcasts at gmail.
Speaker 2: Dot com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. Via Patreon for just one dollar a month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. We appreciate you guys so so much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching Bob bill He's like Bob Delby had well.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's a billy and his name is Bob.
Speaker 2: Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the episode, two little kids open up doors to the school because parents are willing to pick up their kids. Bingo gets called because dad is here, and Bingo runs to Dad with excitement, showing him that it's her trying to bring home Bob Bilby.
Speaker 2: Henry, who is Bob Bilby.
Speaker 3: Bob Bilby is a Bilby. That's name is Bob.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 3: Oh, and he's a puppet.
Speaker 1: He's not actively he's a puppet.
Speaker 5: He had defend.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hi, Bob, nice to meet. Banda is excited to have Bob Bilby at the house. Stella, what do you do with Bob Bilby?
Speaker 3: You will go around and just play with him and hang out with him and take pictures while you're with him and they'll put it in a scrap.
Speaker 2: Book, right the Bob Bilbie book, so that you can see the adventures that Bob gets up to. We did a similar thing when you guys were younger in school called flat Stanley. Amanda, can you explain what flat Stanley is for people who might not know.
Speaker 4: Flat Stanley is from a kid's book called Flat Stanley, and in the book he travels around different places and he gets his picture taken wherever he goes. So in the schools, the kids color a flat Stanley and glue him together. And then we find a friend or a relative that lives far away and send flat Stanley to them, and they are to take flat Stanley on adventures around their neighborhood, their town and take pictures of him visiting different historical sides or going to watch fireworks or whatever they take him to do. And they send those pictures and flat Stanley back to the family, so the kids can take the pictures to school and show everybody what there Flat Stanley did.
Speaker 2: It's a cool way to learn about other places.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 2: One of my friends live in New York City and she took pictures of flat Stanley all around there and another one my friend tours with a band and he took pictures of their life on the road, which I thought was pretty cool too. But yeah, we get to look at the Bob Bilbie book and see a couple of the places that he's been. Henry, what were some of the things that Bob had done in his book so far?
Speaker 3: Bob went to Jessica W's house, Bob got to learn some karate, and he got to go to Scotland with miss Terrier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when missus Terrier went on holidays, she must be one of the teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably she went.
Speaker 2: To Scotland and Bob had pictures from all of those places. Right. Then Bob wanted something Stella. What did he try to take?
Speaker 3: He tried to take Bandit's food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a meat pie, but Chili told me better watch out.
Speaker 4: He knows karate.
Speaker 2: Stella. What is the very first thing we see Bob doing at the healer house?
Speaker 3: They were doing a thing that they called new Cow where Bandit was the cow and Bingo got on top of Bandit while he was being the.
Speaker 2: Cow and she was holding Bob right, oh yeah she was. And who's taking their picture?
Speaker 3: Blue took their picture on her tablet.
Speaker 2: Right with the tablet, that's important because once bandit is exhausted and plops over. Bingo asked Bluie to show Bob the tablet. What's so great about the tablet? Stella.
Speaker 3: On the tablet, you can take pics and watch shows and play games.
Speaker 2: And Bingo wants Blue to show Bob this one particular game.
Speaker 4: And that's when we see Chili take the first picture of what they're doing with Bob Bilby.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Yeah, she takes it from around the corner. I think she sees what's going to happen before any of the rest of us do. They're heading somewhere in the car Amanda, and what are the kids wanting.
Speaker 4: The girls are in the backseat chanting cartoons, cartoons, cartoons, and I believe it was Chili that said, don't you want to teach Bob Bilby some car games? And they said no and start chanting again, cartoons, cartoons, And so finally they let them have the tablets so they can watch cartoons on their way to the store, and Chili took a picture of them watching the cartoons in the car with Bob Bilby.
Speaker 2: On one hand, I get it wanting to watch a screen while you're in the car because I remember being young and not having those things, and man, it made some car rides seem like they took an eternity. But you're just going to the mall. How hard can it be? Right? Right? They get to the mall, which I was impressed to see. They went to a mall and immediately they see something that gets their attention, Henry, what is it?
Speaker 3: They see the giant TVs and they start watching cartoons on them.
Speaker 2: Chili's also watching TV. What is she watching, Henry?
Speaker 3: She is watching a sport. I did really get good look at it, so I don't know what sport it is.
Speaker 2: And Bandit caught a picture of all of them watching the screens at the mall this.
Speaker 3: Time, didn't he Yeah, he got it.
Speaker 2: They're rolling home. What is happening in the car, Henry.
Speaker 3: They are one to watch cartoons again.
Speaker 2: Again, that's right, cartoons, cartoons. Bandit had this to say, kids, it's not for that thing. I'm sure Bob's secret.
Speaker 4: Yuh whatever.
Speaker 2: Chili is printing out the pictures and putting them into the Bob Bilbi book and she shows the family Stella, what do they notice immediately.
Speaker 3: They noticed that Bob Bilby does not look like he is having any fun in any of the pictures. And why is that because all he's doing is just watching shows the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, matter where they were, they were just ignoring everything going on around him and watching a screen. And it made everybody feel bad.
Speaker 6: He needs to get stealing up, Bob, watch some contoon. Oh wow, yep, he doesn't look like he's having much fun.
Speaker 4: No, he doesn't, does he?
Speaker 2: Amanda What unfolds.
Speaker 4: After seeing the pictures that they took with Bob Bilbi, Bingo gets very upset and starts crying, and she runs off. The rest of the family find her and are asking her why she's so upset. She explains to them that it's because she realizes seeing the pictures that Bob is having the most boring, unexciting trip yet.
Speaker 2: Chili tries to console Bingo, but Bluie tells it how it is.
Speaker 1: This is the worst bloomy type of no book.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. Yeah it is. It's funny how kids can be so direct and blue wasn't wrong, but I think that helped motivate everyone because it wasn't just Bengo. That felt bad. Bandit and Chili felt bad too, Yeah they did. They want to turn this whole thing around, and Blue leads off mission. What does she say about Bob Amanda.
Speaker 4: Blue explains to the family that Bob just copies what everybody else is doing, so if they do something exciting, then Bob will be doing something exciting as well.
Speaker 2: They're curious though, about how they're going to take pictures without a tablet, and Bandit has a great solution. This is all my stuff from when I used to be cool. Ah, here it is right. This is what a real camera looks like. I love that Bandit has a collection of stuff from when he used to be cool, because I feel like I relate to that very much. Right, I've got things we'll hear. Kids, Let me show you when dad used to be cool and did this and this. Do you guys think I used to be cool at all?
Speaker 3: Though you probably were cool? But you still are cool? Oh?
Speaker 2: What a good kid? What a good kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But when we show them the things from back in our day, they refer to them as artifacts.
Speaker 2: That is true, they do. Now. Something happens here that I find hilarious. The garage door goes up and there's chili. Are you ready, Bob? I feel like Bandit's response to that was probably what my response would have been, who was like, hey there, lady. It was pretty sultry.
Speaker 4: I guess, Oh goodness.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they take off, Henry, where did they go?
Speaker 3: They went to the park and they did a lot of fun things with Bob, and then they went to see fireworks.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cool how they showed the reflection of the fireworks and Bob Bilby's eyes. What do you think that represented, Henry?
Speaker 3: I think that it represents did him being amazed and having.
Speaker 4: A good time?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I think so too. I think it also represented that they were seeing the world through Bob's eyes, that they were looking at everything like it was new to them. What would we show a person who was brand new to hear, had never seen any of this, and now they're realizing how exciting those things are too. They make at home and they're putting the pictures in the book, and then Bingo takes the book to school. Stella, what do we see in the book? Once Bingo's at school.
Speaker 3: Bingo showed them pictures of Bob Bilby getting to go see her dad's friend Steve O. And then she showed another picture of them going to the library to get a book.
Speaker 2: Both of those things are pretty cool. I love the library. What is it that Steve OO does stella?
Speaker 3: Steve O is a firefighter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bob got to work the siren and everything, so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is cool.
Speaker 2: Bingo thanks Bob for visiting and hopes that he'll come again, and gave Bob to her friend Missy Amanda. How does it end?
Speaker 4: After Missy walks away with Bob Bilby? We see Beingos standing there and she's looking a little sad, but then all of a sudden, Bob Bilby comes back over and gives Bingo a great big hug. Oh it was very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was the episode. Henry, Did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 4: Spending quality time with your family and friends without having your nose in your phone or tablet or TV is very important. We don't need those things all the time to make some great memories with our family and friends.
Speaker 3: I agree with Mom on this one. Because I can't really think of anything else. I learned that sometimes it's good to just put the screen down and just enjoy what's around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. It's about being present in the moment because it is so easy to get distracted by so many things. I constantly get texts and emails about work or something else, and it would be really easy for me to get completely distracted from what it is we're doing together, which is one of the reasons we all put our phones and stuff on the counter in the other room when we're spending time together in the evenings, which I think is a great move. It really is. And it's tough though, because we do need those things and those devices do help us be closer together sometimes, but it's really easy to miss the whole world going by around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't take much to get distracted by those tiny, little square devices. And it is hard, like you said, because people do text us, and it's like we don't want to miss a phone call or a message from a friend or family member if they need something. But it's very important for immediate family to yeah, drop those devices and spend quality time together.
Speaker 2: The other thing I think, too, is that the healers realize how much cool stuff that really is going on around them. It's funny there are things in every city that the local people just sort of take for granted or maybe have never even gone to look at or do, but tourists come there for that and you realize, oh my gosh, I forgot how amazing the zoo is or this museum or this attraction. It's right there next to you, but you just don't even think about it. But it's a destination for other people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never thought about it like that, Like it's a destination for other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come there for that, And that's one of the things I liked about them seeing the world through Bob's eyes is that they're watching it like what would a person in Bob's situation be thinking or feeling? Like that's suddenly what they're thinking and feeling.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I still like this episode. I love how they turn things around and how it ended with them all having a great time and showing Bob Bilby a great time. It was very cute, very sweet.
Speaker 3: I thought this episode was cute, and I like being able to see them go around and play with Bob Bilby.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cute too. I think it's a cute concept, and we actually have a Bob Bilby puppet. As a matter of fact, we don't.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I have two of them, one for each hand.
Speaker 3: I think that this episode is a pretty good one, and I like the character of Bob Bilby. I feel like they should put them in a minishow sometime or put them in a brand new episode.
Speaker 2: That would be cool.
Speaker 4: It could be just the Bob Bilby episode, be all about Bob.
Speaker 2: I enjoy this episode quite a bit. It really hits home with the whole screen thing, and that's something we've really had to watch with these two kids as they've grown up, making sure that we stay present in the moment, not only them but us too.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, between my job, it's very demanding and side hustles and all this stuff. It's easy to have it take over, but if you can be present in the moment, then that's all that matters. There was one thing that we didn't mention because it wasn't really part of the episode, but something was going on during the credits. Henry, what was it in the credits?
Speaker 3: There was a kid that looked a lot like Winton and he was picking his nose and he was really digging deep in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was digging for gold. Now listen, we were watching the blu ray set that is supposed to be the original unedited versions from when they aired in Australia, and I look to see what the differences were, and it mentioned one difference, and we watched it and it did not portray the activity that happened at the end of that that the article I read on the internet set it would And if you want to know what that is, you can just look it up yourself. But I'm just going to tell you this gross. Anything to gross too, that might have been gross. But we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The howl outs?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 1: Everyone has to clap and go whoa Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it, all right.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans anywhere, and we're so appreciative of you guys. We get so many messages, comments, emails, five star reviews, and we read and listen to them all.
Speaker 4: We sure do. And we just appreciate you all so so much. You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: Let's start on Spotify. We got some great comments. We heard from Douglas Boom eighty five, Oscar, Emily Harper, and Ivy. Someone who's user name is g r u I j J. You'll have to tell us how to pronounce that. Maybury Julia. Who wants to say happy birthday to Rafney Potato fan Brion shadow Lord, our buddy Alex, I talk about him all the time. He's been with us since practically day one. He was telling us that Ludwick van Beethoven was actually credited in the credits of the episode Bike. Remember we were talking about how it was the ode to Joy. Yeah, that Ludwig was in the credits. Oh wow, isn't that cool?
Speaker 4: That's cool. Thanks Alex for letting us know.
Speaker 2: We heard from Hope, Grant, Ray Taylor, Luella, Abby Ali, and on Patreon we heard from Layla and Finn from Dallas, Texas. Hi Layla and Finn.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 2: We love Dallas. Every time I'm there. It's straight to Waterburger. First day. Yes, Yes, we got some emails. We heard from our friend James and he wanted to say happy birthday to EJ. James. It was so good to hear from you, and happy birthday, EJ.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, EJ.
Speaker 2: We heard from Tornado. Awesome name. We got a voice message from Emma, who also has a birthday. Happy birthday, Emma.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Emma. We hope you have a great day.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, Emma, Happy birthday. Hi, dinner with the Hailers. It's Emma.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say your podcast is great. I listened to it every night and look forward to new episodes on Tuesday. It brings me a lot out of joy. I especially love Henry and Stella and want more of them. My favorite Bluie episode is the Side and I just love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 4: Oh Emma, that was a great message to us. Thank you so much. It was so sweet of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really great, Emma. Thank you so much, and we do hope you have the most awesome birthday. We got a voice message from Primrose and Rafferty.
Speaker 5: I did know misday was. My name is Primos and I'm sick and I have a bullet named Lafferty. Auntie's full We want Stella and have me to that. We listen to your podcast every night. Bye.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Primrose. You did a really good job on that voice message.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. Thank you so much, Primrose and Rafferty. We also got a voice message from our friend Evelyn.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 3: It's Eva and Adad And.
Speaker 6: On the episode Perfect Blue is getting thrown by Dad because she's a boomering and Dad is talking to the dog from that one episode where he's playing with that little dog that looks like Kidney.
Speaker 1: I forgot his name.
Speaker 4: Bye, Evelyn, thank you so much for your voice message. It was great hearing from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we really liked the episode Perfects too. Guys. Thank you so much for all of the voice messages and emails and five star reviews and comments. We can't possibly thank you enough. And you fans are the reason that we do the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys so much. We're just so happy to do the show and so happy you guys love it.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye,