Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one was chef.
Speaker 2: Out Good Morning, It's Toby and Chili in the Morning. On ninety seven point one Wash FM and another day with Me. I'm kidd oshe good morning.
Speaker 3: Glad you could come in this morning. I'm thankful that we did not lose power. There were some you know storms again last night.
Speaker 2: Another round of storms, yeah, and an intense lightning and thunder.
Speaker 3: It's just a lot of back to back days of hot heat, you know, humidity, storms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's enough and I feel the complete opposite.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if there's anyone else listening that feels this way, but I absolutely love this weather, including the storms in the rain.
Speaker 4: So I would love to live somewhere where it does this every day?
Speaker 3: Is it because of the white noise at night when you're trying to sleep. It's just nice with the thunder and.
Speaker 4: The rainfoor is it? Just like I think, why else would you? I think ultimately it keeps people inside.
Speaker 2: You have to go inside, and you don't feel like you're missing out on anything.
Speaker 4: It like kind of eliminates the fomo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of calms everybody down and puts everybody in a place where you have to stay for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh that is too funny. No about you, Well, I'm shocked that. See.
Speaker 3: I have very curly hair, naturally curly hair, and whenever it gets humid, I can never blow it out straight.
Speaker 4: Somehow, some way, Yeah, straight to me. I know.
Speaker 3: I've been maintaining the straightness because I am like darting from outside to inside so quickly that I'm not even giving the atmosphere a chance to get to my roots.
Speaker 4: Or my curls.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, but today is going to be there is a heat advisory in effect. Actually showers and thunderstorms again this evening a chance of them and then ninety five to high but the heat index one hundred five. So just be careful if you are going to be out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and limit your time outside. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna check up to date on top stories as well. Coming up next here with Chili.
Speaker 3: The President dismissed the renewed focus on the Jeffrey Epstein case as a hoax. We've got the details on that in just a few minutes. It's Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues n.
Speaker 1: Fun Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: Top story is presented by Celsius Energy Drinks.
Speaker 4: President Trump dismissed the.
Speaker 3: Renewed focus on the Jeffrey Epstein case as a hoax following a joined FBI and DOJ memo confirming Epstein died by suicide and had no client list, and then on truth Social Trump criticized those who are still discussing the case, calling them weaklings. The jury is now deliberating in the trial of Roger Bentley. He's a former Southern States employee who's accused of causing a deadly house explosion in Sterling. Prosecutors say Bentley failed to act on a reported gas leak, leading to the blast that killed a firefighter, while the defense argues that the homeowner is to blame for ignoring the leak for years. Many Northern Virginians are drinking water from the Occoquan Reservoir that exceeds the EPA's safety limits for pfas, also known as forever chemicals, which persist in products like nonstick co so researchers are now trying to trace the source and reduce contamination.
Speaker 4: By the year twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven, veteran commander's receiver Terry McLaurin may skip training camp as contract talks stall heading into the final year of his deal. Despite a Pro Bowl season and also helping lead the team to the NFC title game, McLaurin is unhappy with being ranked fifteenth in salary among NFL wideouts, and Pete Davidson is going to be a dad. His girlfriend, actress Elsie Hewitt, announced their pregnancy on Instagram. The couple first was reported dating back in March after they were photographed together in Palm Beach. Forecast today, we do have a heat advisory in effect all day. There's a chance of some severe storms this evening. Highs around ninety five with the heat index of one hundred five right now at seventy three in Vienna.
Speaker 2: All right, Chilli, thanks for getting us updated on top stories. I'm kiddo'she in for Toby. We want to help you get in the perfect mindset on this Thursday morning as we get one step closer to the weekend. So we're going to read you a motivational quote and start your day next with our morning mindset on ninety seven point one wash Ff. We have a bunch of eighties music for you all weekend. Long and our best of the eighties weekend, which kicks off tomorrow afternoon with Sabrina Conti right here on ninety seven point one wash FM Good Morning, I Knoche with Toby and Chile in the morning, it is time now for our morning mindset. W. P.
Speaker 3: Kinsella says success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. So basically, success is about reaching your goals right, acquiring the things you've worked so hard for, maybe like a promotion, a house, or a dream opportunity. But happiness is more about your mindset. It comes from appreciating and valuing what you already have, regardless of whether it matches your original goals. So you can be successful without being happy if you're always chasing the next thing, and you can be happy without traditional success if you're content with.
Speaker 4: Your life as it is, so there you go.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, success is about external accomplishments and happiness is about your internal piece. WP can sell us as success is getting what you want, but happiness is wanting what you get. If you like that, you can find it on the Toby and Chili page at washfm dot com or share your own on our socials. Why using the hashtag morning Mindset.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Chili, You've gotten me in the morning mindset. Here coming up next here on the show, we have to talk about this.
Speaker 4: Do you have an elevator pet peeve?
Speaker 2: Because something happened in our elevator the other day that is absolutely I think wrong and should never ever happen in elevators. I'll tell you what it is and you can share your stories as well. Coming up next here, is there something that other people do in elevators that drive you absolutely crazy? It's Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one WASHFM. I'm kiddo'she from Good Morning Washington.
Speaker 4: So what is it that happened in your building?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to tell you my situation and you tell me if I'm crazy. But I think this is crazy. So I live on the ninth floor. Our gym is on the first floor. The ground floor is the main floor where everyone gets out. Okay, there are steps in the lobby from the ground floor to the first floor, a half a thing of steps.
Speaker 4: That gets you to the gym.
Speaker 2: Okay, So someone who lives on the second floor that gets on the elevator and takes the gym to the first floor means the person that on the ninth floor me has to stop on the second floor, then the first floor, just to get to the ground floor.
Speaker 3: So you don't like it when people take the elevator just to go down one floor.
Speaker 2: The person on the second floor should be taking the steps to the gym, or they should go all the way to the ground floor and take the steps from the lobby off to the gym.
Speaker 3: All right, So is it just a gym factor that's making you crazy, because it's like, if you're gonna work out any way, take the stairs or is anybody Are you annoyed with anyone who takes an elevator just one floor and kind of disturbs the flow?
Speaker 2: I believe if I lived on the second floor of this building, I would take the steps outside all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh good lord, So yes.
Speaker 2: I think it's a But really it's the gym thing that bothers me. Because you're going to work out. Shouldn't you be h taking shouldn't your mind already say I'm going to work out? Why would I take the elevator down one floor to the gym? Wouldn't I take the steps?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Maybe they hurt themselves. Maybe they're just going to take something to somebody in the gym.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 3: I love to mess with people in elevators. If we were going to talk about this, you.
Speaker 4: Have a pet Peeve. Well, I used to be.
Speaker 3: Annoyed when somebody would get onto an elevator, a super crowded elevator and like force everybody to kind of cram backwards.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now what I do is I am that person and I face them, and I look around to see if anybody makes eye contact, just to mess with them, because it's like a social experiment. I'm like, yeah, anybody can acknowledge me, Hi, good morning, and I'll start like small talk and we're all trapped together.
Speaker 4: So it's making me uncomfortable just thinking about it. So it works.
Speaker 2: If you have an elevator pet peeve, a story you'd like to share, you can open up the free iHeartRadio app right now, and when you're listening to ninety seven point one wash I found there's a little red microphone that's a way to talk to us directly here in the studio and leave us a little message and we'll play your message here on the air.
Speaker 4: We're so glad you're here this morning.
Speaker 2: Coming up next here with Toby and Chilly in the morning, we'll get you caught up in all today's top stories, plus a look at that forecast again today.
Speaker 4: Where more rain and storms are in the forecast.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump says the media and some Republicans are either pushing or falling for what he calls the Epstein hoax. He says he was surprised and some Republicans quote got duped. House Republicans are moving forward with consideration of three cryptocurrency bills, a move that will end a freeze on the floor. After two days, things remained open for over eight hours, making history as the longest vote in the House. The trial of a former Southern States employee accused in a deadly house explosion in Sterling has gone to the jury. Prosecutors claim that Roger Bentley's inaction on a gas leak led to the blast that killed a volunteer firefighter, while the defense are used the homeowner bears responsibility for neglecting that issue for years. A twenty three year old Oregon man has been arrested after Capitol police discovered multiple weapons inside an a legally parked car near the US Capitol. Officers found uncovered guns of bow and arrow and various knives, axes, and swords. Four Smithsonian museums have finally reopened after experiencing problems with humidity control. The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, the National Museum of Asian Art, the National Museum of African Art, and the National Museum of the American Indian reopened yesterday. And a new study finds that dogs can detect Parkinson's disease by smell, correctly identifying the condition and up to eighty percent of patients using skin swabs. This discovery could lead to earlier diagnosis because right now there's no definitive, definitive test for Parkinson's before symptoms appear. Forecasts today a heat advisory in effect, with a chance of showers and storms this evening. Rather, Hi's around ninety five heat in next of one hundred five.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's seventy three and only.
Speaker 2: Good morning. I'm kiddo'she in for chili. Oh my, I'm kiddosche in for Toby. Chili's right there, chili. Thank you for the top stories coming up next? Are you having a good day. Maybe you can tell what kind of day I'm having so far. Yesterday, Chili shared with us that the average person has two one hundred and fifty two good days a year. But we have some questions about this number. Plus we'll share with you the most important thing to having a good day. That's next great nineties throwback from TLC. It's Toby and Chili in the Morning, ninety seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 3: I'm kiddo'she So, Americans, according to this study, have two hundred and fifty two good days a year. This was in top stories yesterday. Does that number surprise you, kiddoshe? It does surprise me a little bit. I was I thought that was high on a three hundred and sixty five days a year. To have two hundred and fifty two good days, that's that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: I hope I hope everyone's having that ny good days.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I doubt that number is Well, what makes you doubt the number? My interactions with other humans.
Speaker 2: Don't It doesn't seem like most people are having good days.
Speaker 4: But exactly that I could be the problem. What about you?
Speaker 3: I would think that that is also accurate because it says that most people can tell if they're going to have a good day or not by eight thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: See, I think your day could go sideways at any point. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, you could be having a decent day and then like at two pm, something happens and you're like, well, there goes that the whole day.
Speaker 1: My good day is.
Speaker 3: Connected to my child's well being, his emotional and physical well being. So if he's good, I'm generally good. What makes a good day for you?
Speaker 2: So I would agree with you on that even it's just me and my partner, yes, and the dog. But I think if the household is in good shape, I think that's kind of what you're saying, Like, then it helps to have a better day.
Speaker 4: But sleep is probably a big thing.
Speaker 3: Sleep is probably number one. Yeah, we should have just started with that. Yes, they're not getting sleep, you're gonna be crying.
Speaker 4: Key.
Speaker 2: However, I did see in this survey that food is the is the number one thing that people need as well.
Speaker 4: So food and sleep. Get that and you should be in good shape.
Speaker 1: Tolby and Chili's nearly impossible.
Speaker 2: Question, and winning something will help out. What is today's question?
Speaker 3: Well, it's estimated that a little over forty percent of people do this at every meal?
Speaker 4: What is it? All right?
Speaker 2: Tickets to Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth, eight six six ninety two seven four three six one. That's eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one. What's that question again?
Speaker 4: Chile?
Speaker 3: A little over forty percent of people do this at every meal?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: We will get you the answer to the nearly impossible question. Next with Toby and Chile in the Morning on ninety seven point one Wash FM.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili's Nearly Impossible Question.
Speaker 4: Toby has the morning off.
Speaker 2: I'm kiddo, o'she We are playing for tickets to see Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth.
Speaker 4: What is today's question? Chili?
Speaker 3: A little over forty percent of people do this at every meal?
Speaker 4: What is it? Eight six six nine seven four three six one.
Speaker 3: Diana, Welcome to the show from Gaithersburg. So you've got the question. What do you think we're talking about here?
Speaker 6: Salt your food?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Are you one of those people, Diane that salts the food even before you take a first bite?
Speaker 6: No, I don't because when I first scam to this country.
Speaker 4: People were doing it.
Speaker 1: And I was really flabbergasted and they were doing that.
Speaker 6: I said, that's unhealthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to at least take a bite, right, But that's an excellent guest. Forty of people do salt their food at the beginning of every meal.
Speaker 4: That's the answer. Congrats, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Nice job, and you can add my dad to that category. Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth. You're going to the show for free.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: October. Yes, so mark your calendar. Plenty of time to pick out your outfit, find who you're taking with you. Congratulations. Okay, thanks again, You're very welcome, and another chance to play and win for those hands and tickets, same time tomorrow, right here with Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point one Wash FM. Top Stories Coming up next.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: President Trump dismissed the Jeffrey Epstein controversy as a hoax and called those who are seeking transparency weaklings. The Justice Department's internal review on Epstein allegedly found no incriminating evidence against any prominent figures, sparking anger among many of Trump's supporters. The jury is now deliberating in the trial of Roger Bentley. He's a former Southern States employee who's accused of causing a deadly house explosion, and Sterling prosecutor say Bentley failed to act on a reported ghast league leading to the blast that killed a firefighter, while the defense argues that the homeowner is to blame for ig ignoring that leak for years. Montgomery County is banning gas powered leaf blowers to cut noise any missions, but a seasonal exemption from October to December may allow landscaping businesses to keep using them during peak season. Supporters cite the high cost of electric alternatives, and then the exemption would end in twenty twenty eight. Fairfax County is looking for tenants for two historic taverns through its Resident Curator program, which offers rent free leases in exchange for rehabilitating and maintaining the properties. The Drainsville Tavern and the Fairfax Arms are currently available if you're interested, and you can find the details on the Fairfax County website. And according to a recent survey, forty three percent of Americans would leave their romantic partner for a million dollars and forty percent would take thirty three million dollars even if it.
Speaker 4: Meant someone else's financial ruin.
Speaker 3: Plus many admitted that they would be willing to embarrass themselves for just five hundred bucks. Oh forecast for today, there is a heat advisory in effect, chance of some severe storms this evening. Hi's around ninety five. That heat index, though, is gonna feel like one hundred and five right now. It's seventy four in Chantilly.
Speaker 2: All right, Chili, thank you. I'm Kidoshe in for Toby. Ninety percent of people feel this way towards their car. So think about the car that you're in right now. Will you feel this way? We'll share the story with you coming up next. It's Toby and Chilly in the morning, and we are getting ready for our Best of the Eighties weekend, which kicks off tomorrow right here on ninety seven point one Wash FM with Toby and Chile in the Morning.
Speaker 4: I'm Kiddoshe.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if you ever felt emotionally attached to your car. Kid, I know you don't currently own a car, yes, because it's cheaper for you not to. But ninety percent of people, according to the survey, are attached to their vehicles, forty percent saying that they love them, and twenty one percent giving cars a name. In the vehicles that you've had, have you ever felt attached to them in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe the car that I had in high school, which is the first car that I had to pay for, and you know, you have all those it's your first car, and I kind of I have a work car that I use for when we go out to film and record segments, and so I kind of am emotionally to attach to that car. And they just switched my car to a different car. And they're just crew cars, and any of you that work with crew cars, you know, they're just there's nothing special about that assigned to you. They moved me from crew car Unit five to crew car Unit twenty eight, and I don't like Unit twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I miss Unit five.
Speaker 2: Unit five and I have traveled all over you know, this region of the country together for road tripping and all of that. I feel very connected to that car. And they didn't warn me that they were switching the car.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I guess yes, I'm one of those people that is I still think about it every time I'm in Unit twenty eight, I'm like, where is Unit five and how is Unit five doing?
Speaker 4: What about you? I've only been.
Speaker 3: Emotionally attached to one vehicle, and that was the last vehicle. And that's because that was a vehicle during that time in my life where I fell in love with my husband, we got married, and had a child, huge milestones in life during those twelve years that I had that vehicle. I don't imagine I'd feel that way after this one goes by by.
Speaker 4: This current car? You do not have a good relationship with this current car? No, I don't have a bad relationship, but I'm not gonna get weepy about it or no, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Is there any thing specific about the car that is bothering you?
Speaker 3: It's just a machine at this point, you know, I hope they're not listening, but yes, But what about you? I mean, do you have an emotional attachment to your car? Eight six six nine two seven four three six' one is the. Number we will get to some of your calls coming up a little later in the. Show, first, though our crazy first date is coming up. Next So gina and odinon on her first date went skinny dipping with this.
Speaker 4: Guy but then the unthinkable. Happened you'll find out.
Speaker 3: What it was and if it completely ruined their chemistry coming up in just a few. Minutes As toby And chilly in The morning continues on ninety seven point One WASH, fm.
Speaker 1: It's toby And Chilli crazy First date.
Speaker 4: In odin And. Gina good. Morning tell us about this crazy first. Date we're.
Speaker 6: Listening we met by a fender bender and we've exchanged information and he asked, me you, know to go out for dinner and, drinks so we. Did we had copious amounts of drinks and ended up walking down to the beach and we went skinny.
Speaker 1: Dipping.
Speaker 6: Yep so we you, know are in the. Water we get out of the water and his clothes are. Gone he has no. Clothes my clothes are still. There nobody touched my, clothes but his clothes are. Gone so he ended up having to wear my snake leggings out like off the. Beach everything was he didn't have, keys, wallet, phone, nothing SO i wore my long, shirt he wore my. Leggings it, WAS i, mean that was like the wildest. Thing nobody could ever believe that that even. Happened it was, wild ruin. Anything we laughed so, hard we had so much. Fun and you know that was eighteen years, ago because we've been married for eighteen years, now.
Speaker 2: All because of a fender bender that led to bending more fenders after skinny dipping as a way to make up for the fender, bender which actually happened to the.
Speaker 4: Car, unbelievable that is just.
Speaker 3: INSANE i, know did you guys ever find out if somebody was pranking him on that date and took his clothes or was it you don't know what happened to all this.
Speaker 6: Stuff, no so we'd heard voices on the beach and, stuff and later he had, said probably like homeless people on the, Beach so clearly some man needed clothes OR i don't.
Speaker 3: Know, well it's certainly made for a crazy. Story and if you've got a crazy first s aid, story it could mean tickets to go see The weekend At Northwest stadium In august thanks To Live. Nations so give us a call right now at eight six six nine two seven four three six' one to become an instant finalist for. Those tickets coming, Up next we're gonna get you up to date on all the news Headlines and Toby and chile's top stories on ninety seven point ONE Wash Ff.
Speaker 1: Top stories top Of.
Speaker 3: The Hour president trump says the media and Even some republicans are either pushing or falling for what he Calls the. Epstein hopes he also says he was surprised That some republicans quote. Got duped the trial of A Former southern states employee who's accused in a deadly house Explosion in sterling has gone. To jury prosecutors Claim That roger bentley's inaction on a gas leak led to the blast that killed a, volunteer firefighter while the defense argues the homeowner bears responsibility for neglecting the issue. FOR years a woman died after being hit BY A Us postal service Truck In. Montgomery county the crash happened around ten forty yesterday Morning Near connecticut Avenue And Plyers mill Road, in kensington when the truck was exiting a gas station and hit a woman who was walking across. The driveway Year old oregon man has been Arrested after capitol police discovered multiple weapons inside and illegally parked car NEAR The. Us capital officers found uncovered handguns of bow and arrow and, various, knives axes. And swords and according to a, recent study eighty Percent of americans say they're taking better care of their things and DOING more diy and home repairs to feel in control of, their finances while sixty one percent are doing it to. Save money thirty three percent admit they just can't afford to replace. Their stuff forecast, for today we do have a heat advisory, in effect their chance of some storms. This evening highs are going to be on ninety five heat index around one. Oh five, right now it's. Seventy Five In. Chevy chase toby is off. This morning i'm kiddo'she coming. Up next ninety percent of people have an emotional connection towards. Their car we were talking about this earlier, This morning so what is your emotional connection towards?
Speaker 2: YOUR car i DIDN'T really i had ONE until I realized i. Had one we'll share that with you and your stories. As well coming up eight six six nine two seven four three. Six one Kelly In fairfax city standing by to share.
Speaker 3: Her.
Speaker 2: Story next favent A great thursday as.
Speaker 4: We head into.
Speaker 2: The weekend two hours commercial free music is on the way in just a few Minutes with Toby and chilly in. The morning i'm ninety seven Point ONE. Wash fm i'm Kiddo'she From Good. Morning washington earlier we were.
Speaker 3: Talking about how ninety percent of people feel emotionally attached to, their vehicles and like twenty one percent of actually given their vehicle. A, Name now i've only been attached to one. Vehicle emotionally it's not my, current One and i've never given my vehicle.
Speaker 4: A name what.
Speaker 2: About you i'm emotionally connected to my old, Work car, unit FIVE so i guess it does have a. Work name Kelly In, fairfax city Standing By.
Speaker 4: Good morning welcome to. The show you do not name. Your, cars look it gets me FROM point a TO. POINT b i.
Speaker 1: Don't name my MICROWAVE and i don't name.
Speaker 4: My car, it's transportations not a pet.
Speaker 3: Boy chats, you're right. It's okay it's. A machine we, get it we. Get it thank you so much for. The, call devin you're part of the Show. In odinton what kind of relationship do?
Speaker 4: YOU have i love.
Speaker 5: My car she's been with me through, three jobs two girlfriends in, one move and you know what my car. KNOWS it i keep, her, washed vacuumed and. Beautifully maintained, in exchange she gets ME where i need. To go it's a perfect no. Drama relationship, Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, devin okay do the two girlfriends know that devin't come out?
Speaker 4: The Car and i'm kidding you. That's true?
Speaker 1: What more Toby and jilly head over to washupm dot com or the. iHeartRadio app