Speaker 1: If I am six forty yes later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, we're live on Instagram, we're live on Facebook, when we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It is a huge news day.
Speaker 2: There was the on again, off again ceasefire told you don't be in a rush to declare victory. There's a complexity to what's going on in the Middle East, and you can't.
Speaker 1: Unilaterally say safefire.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't work that way, and there's gonna be other vacillations as we go on in this saga, that's my word. I'll call it a saga. So let's just calm down, Let's just let it play out. We don't need to declare victory. We don't need to give anyone the credit or parse blame. Let's see what happens. And I know it's against our better judgment, and now we're not built that way. We have to say right now, Trump was right, Trump was wrong. Libtars don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm on social media every day. That's still that's important.
Speaker 2: But if peace in the Middle East is actually the real issue here, then it's not going to happen overnight. It's not going to happen over the next week or even the next month. Actually, it's going to be a long and arduous process. So just sit back and let it evolve on Ferral and then we'll assess it as we go. And there's some other huge issues that we have to talk about right now to set off the show. Earlier today, I was minding my own business, bumping around social media, and Rob Newton, a radio personality in Iowa he used to be here on KFI, had the unmitigated gall to call me out on social media.
Speaker 1: I was minding my own business.
Speaker 2: Shots fired, and all of a sudden I was in the middle of a fracas. Rob and other people like tech director for the John cobelt Shoal Eric Sklar, are of the opinion that boneless chicken wings are not actually boneless chicken wings. They're of the opinion that it's just chicken nuggets. I'm of the opinion it doesn't have to actually be a part of that bird for it to be what it is. What I mean by that is we name foods, they don't have to actually be that exact food. No one's gone to McDonald's and ordered a McRib and expected her to be actual rib meat in there. They use a little press and it makes an impression and it looks like a bunch of ribs. Uh, Buffalo chicken wings. Let's stay with chicken wing. Okay, there's no buffalo in Buffalo Chicken with a Buffalo sauce mode, and the buffalo makes reference to the city in which the sauce was created.
Speaker 1: That's my point. Okay, But don't hold it. No, no, no, no no, it's Buffalo dead. That's just like a New York slice of pizza. You can't say there's no New York in the pizza. What are you talking about? Okay?
Speaker 2: What are Rocky Mountain oysters? Oysters from the Rocky Mountain. They're not they're actually bull testicles. Play the bull testicle card. This damn right. There's a lot going on in the world, Okay. There's there's division in the Middle East, and we need to get this. We need to get some sort of unity here on this issue.
Speaker 1: You and your adult chicken nuggets is all that your your bonus wings are. They're adult chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: If you can go to my Instagram at mister bo Kelly, Okay, you can hear what Rob had to say, and I respond to him immediately thereafter, you can come to your own conclusion. It seems like I'm losing this battle because everyone's ganging up on me.
Speaker 1: No, it's just it's right. You just happen to be wrong on this. You just happen to be wrong on this. All right, Well tell me this, tell me this. M Let me see. Do you know what head cheese is?
Speaker 4: Anybody who's seen the Texas chainsaw massacred knows what head cheese is.
Speaker 1: Come on, it doesn't have to be cheese. Mo mo, No, No of boneless chicken wing is literally just a cut of chicken breaded. It's a nugget. But you can still call them chicken wings. That's my plan. You yet, No, okay, what is gunpowder tea? What is what gunpowder tea? You never even heard of gunpowder tea? That's my point. Does egg plant have eggs in it? It's called an egg plant because how it looks. Oh, look out now, look out now. No, boneless chicken wings don't look like chicken wings. They don't look like chicken. Boneless chicken wings don't look like chicken wings. But that you cannot call it a wing when there actually are chicken wings. So I can't call it egg plant egg plant because it doesn't look like an egg or a plant, and it doesn't have any egg like a plant. No, it doesn't look like a patty. It doesn't look like a patty when you pull an egg plant out. It doesn't look like a patty. When it served to me on my plate at an Italian rend, I look like a paddy. No, I don't want to hear about when it served to you on your plate. When it comes out of the ground, it looks like a bulbous egg like plant.
Speaker 2: Chicken wings don't come out of the ground. Go ahead, Stephan, I wouldn't say egg. It does look like a plant. But yeah, I wouldn't say egg.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It starts with egg. Okay, it's applied the same yard.
Speaker 2: And if you want to know what we're talking about, go to my Instagram at mister mo' kelly and you can see Rob Newton, close friend for a colleague, used to work here at CAFI. He out of nowhere, Out of nowhere. I think I was maybe like on the John or something like that. And I see this, you know, tag notification, and this Rob Newton.
Speaker 1: You know what, Stephan, go to my Instagram. We just play it real quick on the air.
Speaker 2: You can hear what he had to say, and then you can hear what I had to say right behind it.
Speaker 1: Are you sure this is the synthetic gross Hill? You want to die on? Yes?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes I do. Here we go if this is what makes sense to you?
Speaker 2: All right, it's coming right now in five seconds.
Speaker 1: That shake of the head live radio, it's like it's not happening. Yeah, I can play it. Do you want to play it off the phone into the mic? No? No, no.
Speaker 3: I thought you had a computer in there that you can do. But I have not locked into the thing in there.
Speaker 1: Oh see do you see how the universe is working against me? He's working on the show and all of a sudden he hasn't even logged in. We're nine minutes into the show and for some reason, he hasn't logged in.
Speaker 5: See see, this is a conspiracy. A conspiracy. You know what what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna bail you out, Stephen. I'm gonna look over here. I'm gonna pull up my.
Speaker 1: Own Instagram and how do you spell Instagram? Who's gonna bail you out. You're wrong about this.
Speaker 3: I'm never wrong.
Speaker 2: You've listened to this show long enough to know that I've never been wrong in my life ever. Ever, I'm gonna die on this hill if I can get this thing to work.
Speaker 3: Go to my page. Go to my page. Hot wings are weing like?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look over here. I'm gonna pull my I pull up my own live right now. I'm symbolic.
Speaker 3: None of these computers are working.
Speaker 6: No, you probably can't because because you're live, so you can't.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, I would have to play it off with Bypa, then, baby, because because I'm not logged in. Hold on because I think I shared it because I think it's hilarious. Oh, Kelly, this.
Speaker 5: Is for you.
Speaker 7: And you've been on the radio and on social media with so many opinions on so many things, and so I have to debate this with you. This is an old argument between us, and I know I'm right, and you know deep down in your heart that you are wrong about this.
Speaker 1: And I know you're going to get out and say that I'm wrong, but you know that you are wrong.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: Boneless chicken wings are just nuggets.
Speaker 1: They're not hot wings.
Speaker 7: They may have the sauce, there may be chicken, but they're not wings.
Speaker 1: They are not wings.
Speaker 8: My brother Rob Newton is so good to hear from you, and I appreciate you reaching out with such great confidence, but so misguided confidence.
Speaker 9: Because sometimes oftentimes food is named something that is not what it actually is, but it's just a name. Boneless chicken wings don't have to be actual chicken wings in the way that buffalo chicken wings don't have to have buffalo in them, or bombay duck is actually a fish, not a duck. Rocky Mountain oysters, you should understand this.
Speaker 3: You're from the Midwest.
Speaker 9: They're not oysters but deep fried bowled testicles.
Speaker 1: And I can go on and on and on.
Speaker 9: Oh the McRib sold to McDonald's, it's actually not ribb meek. It's just pressed together pork and they have like a pressing iron that make it look like they're actually ribs in it. So a lot of times food is misleading, But all the time.
Speaker 3: Bonus chicken wings taste good.
Speaker 1: Oh this guy's good. Well, he certainly is literal minded. Mark.
Speaker 2: If you keep it up on a tell everyone about your fan club and your only fans page.
Speaker 10: We got to do the news life everywhere on social media.
Speaker 1: We're off.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we have another warning for those of you who dare to go in the water in a Southern California beach.
Speaker 11: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Canf I. It's lated with mo Cali.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and Instagram and Facebook and YouTube, and the people who are in the motown chat you either agree with me or we're going to block you.
Speaker 3: It's like, is he serious?
Speaker 2: Twalla knows me, he knows I am. But to be onto more serious issues. We often talk about the quality of our beaches. How usually they are subpar when it comes to a bacteria. And we're in the middle of the summer season and public county health officials are letting us know once again it is not safe to go in most Southern California beach water.
Speaker 1: Here are the latest beaches where you should avoid going in the water. Now, I don't go in the water. To wallet, do you go in water? I don't think you go in the water never. I don't think Mark Runner goes in the water. And I don't think Stephan goes in the water, so I think we're safe. It's been a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, Carnationian, do you go in the water since you have you been in the water, since you've been.
Speaker 3: Out in California.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you should be. I don't know about Daniel. I don't think he's going in the water. So we're just talking about all of you. Here are the affected beaches. And once again let me remind folks that we never have any information saying, hey, it's safe to go back in the water at such and such beach. They only send us the bad news. They never give us an update. It's like, okay, it's safe now. They never come back around and say and circle back and say, hey, mo, can you go ahead and tell people it's safe to go back in such such beach water.
Speaker 1: They just hope you.
Speaker 2: Forget Here we go when words storm drain at Venice Beach one hundred yards up and down the coast from the storm drain.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the storm drain is? I really don't know. I only walk the boardwalk.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Well, I never had any desire to get in the water at Venice Beach. But you know uh Ramirez Creek at Paradise Cove one hundred yards up and down the coast from the pier, stay out of the water. Castle Rock, storm drain at Tapanga County Beach one hundred yards up and down the coast from the storm drain. So I'm thinking storm drain ros sewitch that's my assumption. Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica, one hundred yards up and down the coast from the pier, Mother's Beach in Marina del Rey, the entire swim area, no portion of that water is recommended. Ercabrio Beach in San Pedro, entire swim area.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big ass area in Just in case you want to have up to the moment information there is. We've given this information before. But what reminds you there is a county beach hotline and you can call it eight hundred five to five five sixty six two five five five six six'.
Speaker 1: Two and it gets me. Thinking we talked about small last night and what it was like in Southern california in the late nineteen seventies and early nineteen. EIGHTIES i don't remember there ever being.
Speaker 2: A hotline for this information for the, BEACHES i have to ASSUME i was just one of the many people who was just boogey boarding in the, water and it could have been, foul it could have been, unsafe and we just never.
Speaker 1: KNEW i don't remembering, Them, NO i.
Speaker 2: Don't remember ever having any sort of alert or warning about the water being unsafe as far as bacteria.
Speaker 1: Levels That's there's only a couple of open bodies of Water i've ever gotten, into like A Cabriel beach And Doc. Wilder that's about. It Like i've never been, like let me go and get into the ocean water out, here like maybe further Down Santa, monica like when my kids were, little we'd go and let the water come run up on our feet and, stuff but just a little with a little bit of. Seaweed i'm out. Man, Yeah i'm trying to think of the actual beach.
Speaker 2: WATER i have been at least waist deep In hermosa most, Definitely Redondo beach most. Definitely those were the two THAT i was commonly, in BECAUSE i, Mean i'm going To South Torrence High, school for, example it's about maybe five miles from the beach at. Most at most go Down Prospect street and you're, like go straight down To Redondo, Beach Cabrio. BEACH i Think i've been in. WASISTSIDE i Know i've been in you, know just feet that kind of. THING i think we went out there for like The Grunnion run or something like. That Doc, Waller, yes But Newport, Beach, yes you used to go out there with my, friends my four age. Friends one of our friends had a place out In, newport so we would go out there in the. Summer AND i think that's. IT i don't think as far as being in the water at least chest.
Speaker 1: DEEP i mean maybe WHEN i was real, little like little. Little i'm, TRYING i can't really. Remember but from the age of i'd say twelve or, Thirteen, no, Sir.
Speaker 2: No and, honestly in my adult, life the last Beach i've been as far as Southern california would probably Be newport BECAUSE i was kind of our hangout in my early. Twenties but after, That, No and it's almost like the things that we know, now it makes you think about then AND i wonder what the bacteria levels were.
Speaker 1: Then compared to.
Speaker 2: NOW i think we have much more information now to give us a better sense of what is safe and. Unsafe and don't get me, WRONG i appreciate the information in The Ellie County department Of Public health as far as what is safe as far as bacteria. LEVELS i just, wonder you, know what were we dealing with back in the day when they weren't you, know we didn't have THE, epa or we didn't have this type of information which is. Available maybe it was, available we had to call it eight number back. THEN i just don't ever remember hearing anything about. It AND i know that's, anecdotal but it just gives me. Wondering it's, like m how much filth WAS i swimming in back in the?
Speaker 3: Day how?
Speaker 2: Much and you, KNOW i always talk About matt Money smith OF a five SEVEN La sports also the voice of The chargers And Joe kwan A Spectrum, news how they go surfing each and every day and they don't worry about any of. This this would be kind of unsettling for. ME i, mean this kind of matters if you're gonna get in the water and they're letting you.
Speaker 3: Know And i'm a very cynical.
Speaker 2: Person if you tell me that it's unsafe or, Unhealthy i'm going to air on the side of, caution AND i think it's very. Unsafe, yeah very. UNHEALTHY i don't ever believe the government gives me all the. Information if they're telling you that it's a one hundred yards up and one hundred yards, Down i'm thinking it must be five.
Speaker 3: Hundred yards up in five hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Down there's no magic, Barrier, no there is. It what have you ever looked in your toilet and see how the poop just goes wherever it.
Speaker 4: WANTS i was actually just thinking twilet and his kids could save time from going to the beat by just soaking their feet in their own toilet at.
Speaker 1: Home it's pretty much to say it'd be the same because it's because you still have the raw. Sewage which when they say raw, SEWAGE i like how they try to put that in a euphemism type. Phrasing it's raw. Sewage, no it is pure untreated. Poopage the poop tides are coming. In they don't want to tell you exactly what it. Is because they, did you'd have this picture in your. Mind AND i want everyone to have this picture in your mind that you're swimming in like a sewer or you're swimming upost.
Speaker 2: Feces, yeah just because it's in the. Ocean, YEAH i know fish and all that they defecate as. Well But i'm just, saying as far as human, filth just because it's in the, ocean it doesn't mean that.
Speaker 1: It just magically. DISSIPATES i don't care what the fish. Do if you're walking on that street and you see some human poopage on the, street you're trying to step in and, say, oh, well dogs do it, Too, No.
Speaker 4: Nope wouldn't you like to hear a government official just once use the word poopage?
Speaker 1: THOUGH i? Would you know? What that'd be VERY i don't know IF i want. To you, know, hey don't go. Swimming today is filled with excrement and people have been. Defecating it's not because you're you're still trying to cover it.
Speaker 2: Up it's a, poop poop in the. WATER i gotta touch it in my. WAY i have a new favorite. COMMERCIAL i got to pull it up and it's kind of been connection to. THIS i have a new favorite, commercial AND i wish more commercials were like. This And i'll give you a hint butt crack.
Speaker 11: You're listening to later With Moe kelly on demand FROM KFI am six forty.
Speaker 1: Can't Buy it's Mister Kelly later With Mo Kelly live everywhere on, YouTube, Instagram, facebook and The iHeartRadio. App i'll get to what's happening WITH la and their fiscal.
Speaker 3: Issues that's a story that most of us.
Speaker 2: Know but there's something ELSE i want to share with, you which is far more important than anything that's happening in the city Of.
Speaker 3: La my, favorite my new favorite.
Speaker 2: COMMERCIAL i want to live in a world where people can talk about their butt crack on the. Air now that time is. Here have you ever heard of the product Called.
Speaker 3: Loomy.
Speaker 2: Yes loomy is the full body deodorant that you can use.
Speaker 1: Here you can use their your pits and your. Bits as they.
Speaker 2: SAY i grew up at a time where you didn't talk about certain things on the radio or ON, tv and Then loomi has come. Along and if you're Listening, Loomy, YES i would endorse your. Product if you can say butt crack in your commercials more, Often i'd be more than happy to endorse your. Product, stefan have you heard Of? LOUIS i sure? Have, Okay, well listen to, This twalla do you know about?
Speaker 3: Loomy never heard of? It, oh, carnache have you heard of?
Speaker 1: Loomy not at?
Speaker 3: All, okay well you're gonna learn something. Tonight here is.
Speaker 12: Loomy take a piece sized. Amount that's.
Speaker 13: IT i wrube my fingertips together like, this apply it like a. Lotion fingertips pits under, boob fifold butt cracks. Feet about ninety eight percent of our customers use our cream deodorant on places other than. Pitts it's water based. Cream i'm telling. You it rubs in like a. Lotion it's invisible on the. Skin it works like a. Dream why didn't someone think of this?
Speaker 2: Sooner why didn't someone put butt cracked in their commercial before butt?
Speaker 12: Cracks butt cracks NOT i.
Speaker 1: Would buy, it, none at least of, THAT i. Said but butt crack over under. Boob under boob is so.
Speaker 2: PASSE i, mean no, One no one thinks of we'll put its way as a, GUY i don't think of under, boob but it's a.
Speaker 1: GUY i think of butt. Crack but AM i? Alone but the admittance of putting it under the under, boob it's, like, now every, WOMAN i, See i'm, like you've got this under Your, wait, wait, well you know that women do sweat, there, RIGHT i MEAN i can imagine a flap of skin and meat that hangs over you can imagine it gets. Nasty, okay, well let me ask you, this AND i don't want to get too.
Speaker 2: Personal you've never been in a situation where you notice that a woman.
Speaker 3: Was a little musty.
Speaker 1: There i've never noticed musty under. BOOB i gotta lift a, boob, NOOK i gotta. Look that's Time i'm. Lifting, hey you smell? That you Didn't you didn't know? THAT i, MEAN i mean maybe it, was But i've always, Look i've always been a situe like hold, on AM i in a world by? Myself?
Speaker 12: Yes because who's smelling under?
Speaker 1: Boobs? LIKE i don't even? Know not the?
Speaker 6: SMELL i, WOULD i would. Say the only Time i've, noticed but it's it's it's. Wet it's, no it. Does but it's only fair to them is at the, beach BECAUSE i mean they're literally laying in the sun and. Sweating so that's WHEN i or. Something, well, no because they're more covered. Up, no, no, No i'm not seeing the. Sweat i'm just, saying, yeah it makes sense that oh, yeah that.
Speaker 1: Means it's a big meaty flap of meat that's hanging over that's got a cuff underneath. It you could you could imagine it gets all sweaty under.
Speaker 2: There if it if it has a sweat, gland it probably needs deodorantuck cracks that.
Speaker 1: That, applies does it?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah but WHAT i was gonna ask is, so but this is this is geared towards.
Speaker 1: Women, Correct, no they. Have don't ask you why do they have a product line one for, women one for. Men, Look i'm not rubbing any, cream any deodorant cream and my butt. Crack maybe you.
Speaker 4: Should these commercials have been around forever and and they've always stopped me in my. TRACKS i always think my grandmother would spit her coffee across the room as soon as this nice lady starts coming on saying you can put it in your, pits your coin, slot your, taco your chin, rest your saddle, bag like every euphemism you can think of for stuff that nobody wants to hear, about let alone, picture especially like during the dinner hour when news is, on and it's that's when it's always on.
Speaker 2: TOO i hate agreeing with, you but my grandparents would be mortified at commercials, today the whole idea of selling any type of personal hygiene product in such an overt.
Speaker 1: WAY i. KNOW i think it was.
Speaker 3: My mother's mother who was offended at the.
Speaker 2: Idea of them advertising feminine.
Speaker 4: Napkins, yes when when you AND i were, kids it was kind of a thing that they started to do douche commercials ON tv and gill and that's WHO i know That EITHER i, remember look on the tip of my, tongue my, Disagreement i'm, blaming blaming my, disagreement or my kerfuffle in class With Lark voyhees after she did a tampon co of marcial she did one of those ones for.
Speaker 1: Teens she did it's for. ME i remember that was that was big stuff. Out that was progressive small p back, then because you just didn't have the right a. Teenager, yeah doing. THAT i mean it's not, exactly but it's. Close it's. Close it's right her on the.
Speaker 12: Corner take a piece sized. Amount that's.
Speaker 13: IT i wrubed my fingertips together like, this like a lotion fingertips.
Speaker 3: Pits you have to say fingertips.
Speaker 2: Twice i'm thinking like she could have used like a napkin or something like, that or a.
Speaker 1: Cloth but she dug back, in she double. Dipped she oh.
Speaker 12: Shee take a piece sized. Amount that's.
Speaker 13: IT i wrubed my fingertips together like, this apply it like a. Lotion fingertips pits under boob fifold.
Speaker 3: Cracks did she say thigh?
Speaker 1: Folds did she say thigh? Folds thought she's like. Bifold i'm, SERIOUS i don't know what she's. SAYING thi thigh, Fold. Carnacia what's a thigfold.
Speaker 12: That's like in between your thighs? LEGS i don't know.
Speaker 1: Again but that's the thigh that's.
Speaker 13: IT i wrote my fingertips together like, this apply it like a. Lotion fingertips pits underboob, thifolds.
Speaker 6: Thigh folds five folds does sound like. Bifolds but, yeah women.
Speaker 1: Are walking around in between the like where the meat gets all. Folded now you know when the thighs were, Together, NO i don't. KNOW i don't. Know like when women have on, skirts they have to like keep that. Area why are we just?
Speaker 12: Women because.
Speaker 1: This is not the man's. Line this is talking about men do not walk around with. It we don't have.
Speaker 4: Together, well the thing is that this nice. LADY i think she's an actual but she has she's got a very pleasant demeanor about. Her AND i keep on imagining it delivered by other, actors like imagine Al pacino doing, that, like, ah you got a great, ass but sometimes you just need a little pinch.
Speaker 1: Of this in.
Speaker 10: It Or Jack, NICHOLSON i don't give a. Damn just use your. Fingers that's a little. Different you can't handle the under boob exactly.
Speaker 12: Exactly take a piece sized, amount that's.
Speaker 13: IT i wrube my fingertips together like.
Speaker 12: This apply it like a. Lotion fingertips.
Speaker 1: Pits why do you have to say fingertips two or three?
Speaker 13: Times take a piece sized, amount that's. IT i wrube my fingertips together like. This apply it like a. Lotion fingertip two, pits underboob, fivefold butt cracks. Feet about ninety eight percent of our customers use our cream deodorant on places other than. Pitts this water based, Cream i'm telling you it rub sin like a. Lotion it's invisible on the. Skin it works like a. Dream why didn't someone think of this?
Speaker 1: Sooner can you get her on the? Show oh, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Twalla there's your. Job we got to get the good doctor From loomie to come.
Speaker 1: ON i wonder so the men is THAT i could imagine the man, commercial you, know armpits Under, No, no don't don't do. IT i don't do it under under bag that's, right don't don't what under bag that's where you would need.
Speaker 3: It the moss, Well i'm not even gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: Satchel, no the the opposite of.
Speaker 4: Afterskin, okay come, on, yeah because it gets.
Speaker 1: Folded K IF I am six Forty Lived, EVERYWHERE I Heart radio.
Speaker 3: App, okay, reset.
Speaker 11: You're listening To later With Moe kelly on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 1: With Lly.
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on social media, YouTube, Instagram, facebook and The iHeartRadio. App and for those of you in The Momigos motown chat on. YouTube there was a quest for us to take our conversation last segment to the.
Speaker 3: Hallway we will take that to the hallway for extra.
Speaker 2: Content you can join in the conversation and see what we really want to say off the, air and it's going to be a very blue. Conversation that's going to be during the next break as we talk About loomy And Nick POLIOCHINI i had said last, segment you, know has anyone used the male equivalent of this? Deodorant And Nick, poliochanni who's here at the, STUDIO i guess said in the chat that he did and didn't tell us On. Mike so we're going to Give nick a chance to redeem himself in the hallway during the next, break.
Speaker 1: Who's taking the smell.
Speaker 3: Test let's talk ABOUT La city for a.
Speaker 2: Moment i'm just gonna intentionally ignore, You Mark runners save it for the whole. Way THE La City, comptroller excuse, me controller says THAT la officials are preparing to declare a fiscal emergency to a number of. Factors we've talked about the budget deficit THAT la is in right now more than a million a billion dollars If i'm not, mistaken and of course we've Heard Mayor Karen bath talk about what is going to likely happen as far as, layoffs, firings. Transfers in, fact in my final, thought tonight's going to be about the state OF la and Also Mayor, bass as we are now less than a year away from the mayoral. Election, Hey, twalla do you know of anyone else running other Than Karen?
Speaker 1: BASS i haven't heard any names as of. Yet it's weird because we're inside of a.
Speaker 2: Year people hate What Mayor bass is, doing BUT i can't think of anyone else running no competition, Yet so if no one else, runs that Means Karen bass automatically, wins, right?
Speaker 1: Automatically all?
Speaker 3: RIGHT i thought people were so learn About. La MAYBE i was. Mistaken we'll talk about that before the show is.
Speaker 2: Over but getting back to what is happening right, Now City Controller Kenneth mihea stated late yesterday that because of liability, payouts which is the lion's share of Why La city is in this. Debt and that's SOMETHING i don't think any city official can. Control if the city is getting sued all the, time be it for police brutality or other city.
Speaker 1: Lawsuits you know you have teacher lawsuits right all a cost the.
Speaker 3: City, yeah you know.
Speaker 2: MILLION i don't know how you rectify that problem in an electoral, sense but you, know we'll leave that up To.
Speaker 1: La but this is What Kenth mehea had to. Say.
Speaker 2: Quote in order to balance the, budget six hundred and fourteen layoffs are on the. Table the city will do its best to transfer employees and fill vacant, positions and if you don't know how the city Of la, works oftentimes you can be considered laid off and still transferred to another part of the, city oftentimes to a lesser paying, job so you're still considered laid, off but you may not lose your job. Outright they're trying to maintain employment for as many people as, possible but still there are six hundred and fourteen anticipated job, cuts and two hundred and forty eight are under the quote unquote police civilians. Category other employees described as personnel make up the next chunk of layoffs with fIF fifty. Seven but let me quickly delineate who and where is most likely to get. HIT i told you about police civilians, personnel but also sanitation forty four, layoffs fire sworn forty one, Layoffs Information technology agency thirty, Four general services thirty, three transportation twenty, Nine street services twenty, Four engineering twenty, three city planning, Fourteen city Administrative officer, Ten building In safety, nine street lightety, Eight youth development eight civil human rights at equity Seven City clerk For community investment for, families for, disability for neighborhood, empowerment for contract, administration For economic And Workforce, development For Public Works board, two And aging. One so this is going to hit just about every aspect of The city Of Los. Angeles no one likes to hear about. Layoffs The city Of Los angeles has been very close to my. Family my sister worked for The city Of Los angeles for more than thirty, years you. Know so there are a lot of people THAT i know personally who will be, impacted who will lose their, jobs and no one wants to be the bearer of bad.
Speaker 1: News but this is going to. Happen this has to.
Speaker 2: Happen and Like taualla was, saying as far as the amount of lawsuits which take up the lion's share of WHY la is in this budget deficit, POSITION.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you rectify.
Speaker 2: THAT i just don't know because there are too many moving parts and variables as far as why the city is getting sued so. Frequently we'll continue to watch this and just to remind, you we're getting ready to take it to the hallway and continue our story Regarding loomi and also a body.
Speaker 1: Deal. Rent, yes we're gonna have some fun. Tonight can IF i am sinx, Forty we're live everywhere in The iHeartRadio
Speaker 11: App AS i and KOST hd Two Los, Angeles Orange, county more stimulating talk