Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We were talking earlier about about in laws and whether or not you get along with your in laws.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, my brother in law is a piece of work. He's just like Gary. He's insecure. He's a no at all. He's got an ego, can't stand to be told when he's wrong. He's just a complete lame.
Speaker 4: Bye, what did you do today?
Speaker 5: A complete lame?
Speaker 1: I remember his voice. He doesn't like us, but yet contributes often, consistent, consistently. It is time for swamp watch.
Speaker 5: Politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing that lollipops. Here we got.
Speaker 6: The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 4: The other side never quits, so.
Speaker 5: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: So now you train the.
Speaker 5: Swat, I can imagine what can and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been going at president. They're not stupid.
Speaker 2: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 5: Why have the people voting for you were not swamp Watch. They're all counterad.
Speaker 1: Are you living with foot pain? Have you been diagnosed with plant or fasci iis Visit the Good Feet Store learn how you can find relief without shot, surgeries or medications.
Speaker 4: Swamp Watch brought to you by the Good Feet Store.
Speaker 2: There is mounting pressure here and abroad to have some sort of a decision from President Trump about what he's going to do with Iran, and as of just a short time ago, Caroline Levitt, the White House Press Secretary, read a statement from the President.
Speaker 7: I have a message directly from the President, and I quote, based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future. I will make my decision whether or not to go within the next next two weeks.
Speaker 5: There you go, within two weeks.
Speaker 2: We've seen that window before, the window of ultimatum, of ultimate ultimatum to use the president's own term, So we don't know what the plan is. He did have yet another meeting with the National Security Council in terms of the briefing of what's going on, and it's only getting hotter between Iran and Israel. Israel struck a couple of Iran's nuclear facilities again, and Iran struck in Israeli hospital, among other things, and hurt about two hundred plus people in the in Beersheba is where that hospital was, in the southern part of Israel.
Speaker 1: It's written up saying the president hasn't made up his mind. I believe the president has made up his mind. What do you think. I think this is a president that would have a very hard time resisting sending in the B two with that massive bomb that only we have to bust up that nuclear bunker in Iran.
Speaker 2: Well, he may have made this decision a long time ago. There's something going on between he and Tulca Gabbard right now as well. She's the Director of National Intelligence and testified before Congress just a short time ago that according to the intelligence community, Iran doesn't have a nuclear capability and that the Ayatola has not given them the green light to you.
Speaker 8: IC continues to assess that Iran is not building a nuclear weapon and Supreme Leader Kameni has not authorized the nuclear weapons program that he suspended in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Now, but she's a Russia for lack of a better term. She likes Russia, she has ties to Russia. It's well documented. Russia doesn't want the United States to get involved with Iran directly like this.
Speaker 5: But so she's you're saying she's lying.
Speaker 4: I don't know, she's spinning it.
Speaker 1: She's certainly spinning it to create some sort of feeling that Iran doesn't have what everybody fears.
Speaker 2: Well, but this brings up an issue that came up during the first Trump administration, and who's he then getting his intelligence from? If she's the driver of se Gabbard, if she's in charge of seventeen intelligence agencies and is the mouthpiece for them to the president, who's he getting his information from?
Speaker 5: Because he says he doesn't care what she says.
Speaker 1: Of course he doesn't. He believes that they are going there is a gift to Putin. She's there to keep things nice and copasetic with Putin and Trump. She's there to be a mouthpiece for Russia. There's just there's no way that she is true to her title.
Speaker 2: But if this, if this plays out this way, if this continues to go down the road of her saying that there is no nuclear program in Iran and him saying there is she's not going to last in that job.
Speaker 1: If there was no program in Iran, then everyone is just off their ass. All the intelligence that we have not named Tulsi Gabbard is wrong.
Speaker 4: Get out of here. I mean not you.
Speaker 1: Wow, but I think she's nutcase. Do you have another ic coffee today or something I did? I did, I made it at home.
Speaker 2: Did you see the ongoing speaking of the fracturing of political parties going after I'm asking, I'm asked, Sorry, Tucker Carlson, going after Ted Cruz and vice versa.
Speaker 1: I missed it thinking about your allegation and the Prime Minister of Israel's allegation that.
Speaker 6: Killing terrorists is a good thing. Killing people are trying to murder Americans is a good thing because if you're America first, you want to protect Americans. So taking out killing O'samovan Laden was a fantastic.
Speaker 5: But you don't believe that they're trying to murder Trump? Or yes, yes, but why aren't you calling for military action against Tehran right now?
Speaker 6: Because they're not very effective in terms of hit men. Their hitmen are not very effective.
Speaker 1: I do think this was one of the most contentious interviews I've seen between two Republicans in name or at least the voting registration in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Tucker Carlson also asked Ted Cruz do you know how many people live in Iran? And Ted Cruz is like, I have no idea, And then Tucker Carlson, very smugly and calmly ninety two million.
Speaker 4: Like that's a gotcha moment.
Speaker 2: Well, because he says, you want to do away with the Iranian country, but don't have an idea of how many people could potentially be killed with it, And Ted.
Speaker 5: Cruse like, now, I'm not trying to kill the country.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get rid of the awful politicians and leaders that have turned that country into an absolute toilet bowl.
Speaker 5: It was, it was very well.
Speaker 1: Where is Tucker Carlson these days on Trump and everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: I haven't paid attention.
Speaker 5: They do not agree?
Speaker 4: They do, that's for sure? Is that because he is like, why.
Speaker 5: Listen the whole thing about Telsea Gabberby.
Speaker 4: Is it an America first type thing?
Speaker 5: Or well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if the President campaigned on keeping us out of getting out of and keeping us out of foreign wars, this would go against that promise right?
Speaker 4: Is he a Russia apologist?
Speaker 1: He has been very cozy with Vladimir poop Okay, so he and Tulsi are all in bed with Putin. I don't know about Tulsi, but Tucker has definitely been a little bit more of a soft shoe with Vladimir Putin than others have.
Speaker 5: A soft shoe soft shoes. Yeah, he's a good buffer shoes, a good buffer.
Speaker 4: What does that even mean? Soft shoe?
Speaker 5: I'm wearing soft shoes right now, are you? Yeah? Those aren't just rubber.
Speaker 4: You really phoned it in for a Thursday. Are you dealing with something?
Speaker 5: I'm wearing a belt? All right?
Speaker 4: What are we doing? How to say no at work? There was an article on the Wall Street No that was good.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: According to Multiple Sports, the Dodgers are expected to announce today some sort of a sweeping initiative to assist migrant communities impacted by the recent federal immigration enforcements that have been taking place. In fact, there are camera TV cameras that are placed outside Dodger Stadium covering this story that have apparently also captured some ice agents or homeland security investigators in the parking lot at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: There is a reason why office space has such a cult following, and it's because, if you've seen the Major Emotion Picture, the character, the lead character in it, just decides he doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To do stuff at work anymore. He's he's a guy, he's a droll.
Speaker 1: He works for a data company, and it's all very you know, exactly what you would expect from somebody who inputs data nine to five kind of thing. He's got three different bosses, they ask for the same thing. There's a lot of redundancy, and he's like, you know what, I'm just not going to do it anymore. And when you're watching the movie, you feel almost like a weightlifted from your own shoulders. It's like, ah, that's refreshing. Well, there was an article in the Wall Street Journal that kind of told you.
Speaker 4: How to do that, how to say no at work, Just no, no, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go back to why it's hard to say no. A lot of people are concerned that if you say no, you might damage the relationship with whoever's asking you to do something.
Speaker 1: Well, in a lot of jobs, if you say no, there will be people behind you that will say yes, and then they will get the job in the paycheck and your sol I come from a school of thought of you allow it to everything. No, you say yes to everything. Oh, especially in radio. Oh can you work Christmas morning? Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 1: You said yes to everything to get on the air. Can you work weak ans, yes, I can. Can you work nights? Yes I can? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, it's how you Can you work for free?
Speaker 4: Yes I can. I mean we all did that.
Speaker 5: While you're here. Could you take the garbage out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure I can. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I'll be the best garbage taker out or you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And that's what you have to do in some jobs. But I guess there comes a time when things become a little bit unnecessary, like company dinners, unnecessary meetings, saying yes to being available when you're on vacation or at home, things like that. I guess when you're not, when you're not twenty two trying to make it in radio, it's okay to say no once in a while.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while there is a I said that. You know, there's a perception that if you say no, you're going to ruin a relationship that you have with your coworker or supervisor, whatever.
Speaker 5: But the work that was done by this columnist.
Speaker 2: Talking to a bunch of different people, employment coaches, workplace advisors, they've said, people would actually perceive you as more decisive and purpose driven if you say no, if you say no the right way, and people much rather have you say no upfront than to say yes and realize maybe you've bit off more than you can chew, or you can't come through with the project, or your TPS reports are late even though you said you would be able to do them on This.
Speaker 1: Is like when they said yes to inviting Dayton to training camp for DCC, knowing that she was probably going to.
Speaker 4: Get a no.
Speaker 1: Eventually, she started watching that Why don't you just say no right away? It's three hours of my life yesterday I put three hours. Yeah, I loved every moment your couch meanwhile, was begging for forgiveness. That was hurtful, unnecessarily, Yes.
Speaker 5: You know, I'd rather say no right away then I'd be stuck in that What would you say you do here?
Speaker 4: Oh? Such a good movie?
Speaker 2: They said, choose your words when you do refuse something, you have to frame your response with empowered language. For instance, the I don't signals your no stems from who you are and the rules that you have set for yourself.
Speaker 1: I can't feels weak just coming out of your mouth. I can't I've got this, or I'm so overwhelmed. Yeah, it's so much awful. That's so untrue. Cognitive dissonance is what you're hearing when you say I can't.
Speaker 2: As opposed to I don't do more than I or I don't take on more than I know I can.
Speaker 5: Do something like that. I'll have to work it out.
Speaker 1: When have you been asked to do something that you've wanted to say no, but you've said yes?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, your face right now is smiling, and that is always a troubling sign.
Speaker 5: Is because I smiled immediately.
Speaker 2: Uh, It's been a long time since I've been asked to do something I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know what it is, but.
Speaker 5: I always do it. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I mean I know because that's who you are well, and it's good.
Speaker 5: It's not just me and my attitude. There's a lot of people.
Speaker 4: There's other people that work here exactly.
Speaker 2: And if I do something, I want to be able to do it to help other people.
Speaker 1: You're also, your character is not one that shies away from any work, no matter what it is, even if you don't want to do it, even if I don't want to do it or I think it's pointless. In some case, it's a part of your fiber. It's not a weakness. So with that said, do you think you could come.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 5: I don't bite off more than I could.
Speaker 1: There was a story about a woman who runs a legal brothel, and this was in Newsweek. The headline is, I run a legal brothel. Here's what it's taught me about people's fantasies. Okay, now I saw this this morning and I thought, well, that might be fun to talk about. And I was like, it probably won't be It'll probably be super gross, and I don't need to know all the corners of people's minds and things like that.
Speaker 4: But then I aired on the side of I'm very curious.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious, speaking of which, we're taking your talkbacks on your relationships within laws, good bad, awful.
Speaker 10: Hearing shadows of course, I king, Yes, my ex mother in law was a nightmare after the fact. She was a nice person when I worked with her. She sets me up with a blind aid with her daughter. Fast forward a couple of years. We had a relationship, a horrible marriage, and a divorce. Oh because of my ex mother in law getting involved.
Speaker 5: Ever again, so nasty. I don't.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: There was an article in Newsweek about a woman who runs a legal brothel, and here's how it begins.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of proof that.
Speaker 1: The spectrum of what people are into fantasy, sexually, whatever is a large spectrum. As I mentioned, here is how it begins. He arrived merely with a toolbox, a jumpsuit and an urgent look on his face. He nodded blightly to the receptionists, checked in with the same quiet formality someone might use at a dentist's office, and then went upstairs in the brothel. For the next hour, he repaired the sink, adjusted the shower head, ran tests on the toilet. He had his own set of tools. The sex worker he had booked played along, letting him go about his performative plumbing uninterrupted. When time was up, he changed out of the jumpsuit back into his normal clothes, thanked her for a wonderful evening, and walked out the door with the calm satisfaction of a man who had just fulfilled a deep need. Okay, what that's what he's into? How is that considered sexual? Because for him, for him, it is for him doing plumbing tasks gets him to that location, gets him there. We don't know if that's what happened, right, I mean, we don't know if there was that action we do with him, but it certainly seems like doing that in front of a woman gave him the satisfaction that he was seeking.
Speaker 4: She says.
Speaker 1: To some this may sound bizarre or laughable, maybe just playing sad, but she said, as the manager of a legal brothel, this was just another Tuesday. Over the past nine years that she has worked there, she says she's seen about every expression of sexuality you can imagine and some you cannot imagine. She said, from classic role plays surrounding one's age or pets, to the strangely specific like this one is like men being aroused by women playing with toy cars or eating pizza. So matchbox cars are a thing Okay, I have a brother. He loves max Car matchbox cars. Sure, I'll still get him one from here and again when I see him at the grocery store. I don't think as much as he loves matchbox car and listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's in do with his girlfriend, but I don't think it entails her playing with a matchbox car.
Speaker 5: No. This woman also says.
Speaker 4: Oddly, he's also a plumber, and.
Speaker 5: Maybe there is some connection there.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's one guy who couldn't get aroused unless the woman he had booked red car manuals to him out loud.
Speaker 4: Same dude that we're talking about.
Speaker 1: My brother loves car manuals or loves reybuilding transmissions and the like.
Speaker 2: The guy who paid for an hour simply to sit quietly while the woman played with her hair and watched cartoons.
Speaker 4: My brother also loves cartoons.
Speaker 5: Is this dude?
Speaker 1: I need to make a phone call. I don't you know what he should live his life? If this is based on him, that's cool, Like whatever, be happy.
Speaker 2: In some times, she says that she's seen people break down crying halfway through.
Speaker 1: That's a problem if you're crying during any sort of sexual experience. I think that's definitely something to work on with a trained professional.
Speaker 5: Well, that's maybe why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean like a trained head, like a neuro profession to start somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess one of them.
Speaker 1: Said that they booked time just to be insulted, because that's what helped them release control. She says, in each of these cases, the brothel she works then it works in, is not a place of debauchery. It's a stage where people try on versions of themselves that the outside world simply will not allow.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't think it would be a problem. Like if you went home to your wife tonight and you said, you know what I want to do tonight, like cry right in the middle. No, no, no, that's not a that's not negotiable.
Speaker 4: But if you said, like, will you play.
Speaker 1: With some Matchbox cars and watch Scooby Doo, she'd be fine with that. She'd be like, Oh, that's what you're right, Like, that's not.
Speaker 4: A big ask.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have to go to a brothel and pay someone for that, Like she would do.
Speaker 5: That maybe, yeah, but there would be some follow up.
Speaker 4: There'd be some questions, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: Like where Are you gonna get that matchbox cars the Vaughn's Okay, yeah, because I'm not taking it out of my son's room.
Speaker 1: Nor don't make it weird me. Okay, Hold on a second.
Speaker 2: You're the one who's painting this pretty interesting picture of your own brother.
Speaker 4: I know I'm gonna have to catch up with him. Make a call, see how things are going up there.
Speaker 2: All right, you're in laws? Are they great? Are they awful? Do they do they fit the stereotype? We'll talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Do you love a story of a frivolous lawsuit?
Speaker 5: Much depends?
Speaker 2: Is it written on yellow legal pad by a prisoner?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, those are my face.
Speaker 1: Woman in North Carolina is suing her former workplace overclaims that a supervisor intimidated her with.
Speaker 4: A chucky doll.
Speaker 2: Oh this is he left the chucky doll in the car or something like that.
Speaker 1: She's suing Trust Bank, saying she suffers from a fear of dolls, a phobia, and that she was traumatized into treatment because of this. She claims the supervisor left the chucky doll on her desk. That doll is very creepy. However, if I came to work and there was a Chucky doll sitting on my desk, I'd be like, let's go. Let's go, Chucky. You and me will burn the whole place down right or die. Let's go. Like Chuckie and I would be BFFs instantly around here.
Speaker 2: Don't you think.
Speaker 1: Don't you think you'd welcome that kind of friend friendship here? Does you see what happens to shake things up?
Speaker 4: Shake things up?
Speaker 5: Why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: That's what that doll did. That family was living its life, nice little family. Chucky was like, this is boring, Let's shake things up.
Speaker 2: How did you have the strength to stab those people all those times?
Speaker 4: Oh? He had sizeable arms.
Speaker 1: Chunky for you know, Chucky was a little chunky, little chunk chunk.
Speaker 2: SpaceX rocket being tested in Texas exploded. The company said that the Starship experienced a major anomaly.
Speaker 5: Just about eleven o'clock last night.
Speaker 2: Well, it was on the test stand at Starbase, the launch site down in the southern tip of Texas. Nobody was hurt, no hazards to nearby communities.
Speaker 5: They said.
Speaker 2: It asked people to try not to approach the site mark the latest in a string of incidents this year that involved the massive rockets. A short time after the complete destruction of that rocket, Elon Musk took to Twitter and said, just to scratch, do we have horror stories?
Speaker 1: Well, we have nice stories, but people like Merlass, not all of them.
Speaker 10: So here's the best part about my in laws.
Speaker 1: They're both dead and I have no more problems with them.
Speaker 4: What good Lord, I put them the creepy as.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 8: I've been married twice and actually my first husband's mom embraced my second husband more like her son than she did her own son. So we had a very blended, splendid family.
Speaker 2: My parents were effusive with their praise of our choice of choices of spouses, choices of spouses, and they would often say to my sisters and I that they would rather if we ever broke up, we ever got a divorce, they would take my wife over me, or they would take my sister's husbands over them.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a they'd being nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I mean, what.
Speaker 1: Did your mom think about your first fiance?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Probably not impressed.
Speaker 1: Do you remember anything she said? No, they were very timeful. It was a feeling you had.
Speaker 2: My brother in law was really the only one who said anything afterwards.
Speaker 5: What did he say, like, I knew it wasn't going to work out?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the only Roger. No, he was the only one that said anything. Huh.
Speaker 4: Not even your friends, No, No, I.
Speaker 5: Kept it to themselves if they felt that.
Speaker 4: Did he show his math on that or just a feeling he had?
Speaker 1: He just said it was a feeling, which was great, yeah, because it worked out well. And then they meet your wife at the time, your girlfriend, and they're like, oh, thank god.
Speaker 2: Right, he clearly has learned his He's learned from his mistakes and Shannon.
Speaker 11: In my first marriage, my mother in law and father in law were amazing. I just loved them to death. And the second marriage, my father in law was awesome. My mother in law was a nightmare. They she had a weird relationship with her son or he with her. And then my older brother married someone that I didn't like the first time I met her and I never did they weren't even dating and I never did like her.
Speaker 4: What do you think it's like? What is the most challenging in law relationship? Is it.
Speaker 1: A mother getting along with her son's choice of a wife or or is it a husband getting along with his wife's mother. What would be the most challenging in law relationship.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Those two just kind of spring to mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like I said earlier, it's just that's the kind of that's the old adage, the old trope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: Relationship.
Speaker 1: There is Garius Shon, This is Andrew.
Speaker 9: I cannot stand in laws.
Speaker 10: I can't stand their traditions. It's annoying.
Speaker 9: I hate making small.
Speaker 10: Talk, caring about their side of the family.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's just it's the worst thing ever, you see.
Speaker 1: I understand that because you grow up with your family's traditions, your family's way of doing holidays and things like that, the way that your family handles really everything, and then if you're you know, you're around the other family, it's kind of like it's different.
Speaker 4: It's different, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And some people look at difference as bad, you know, and so just different. They look at it as bad. Oh, I don't like doing it this way. I don't like doing it that way when it's just a different way of doing it. But I can see that. I mean, when I started spending holidays with my husband's family. I was like, why are all these people happy? Nobody's drunk, nobody, where's the liquor? You had?
Speaker 4: No nobodies at each other's throats. They're getting along, they're eating, there's no complaints about the food. The hell's wrong with these people?
Speaker 2: Tell us what your in law a horror stories are or the great stuff.
Speaker 4: No one's thrown a turkey down the stairs.
Speaker 5: Nobody leaves it on the dryer anymore.
Speaker 1: There's a famous story about my grandmother throwing a turkey down the stairs.
Speaker 2: Out of anger. Oh yeah, oh wow. All right, leave us a talkback message. And you're listening on the app, there's a little red button with a white microphone on it. Hit that little button and leave us a message. And if you miss any part of the show, you can always go back out and check the podcast. Anywhere you find your podcast, just type in Gary and Shannon. You got to get the whole story out of turkey stories coming up. Yeah, I'm gonna text my uncle and ask him for the details. On twelve twenty, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap