Speaker 1: This is Doctor Wendy Walsh and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Doctor Wendy wallsh Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app kf I AM six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Dr Wendy Wall Show where I love to talk about the science of love, falling in love, heartbreak, all kinds of relationships. If you're new to my show, I have a PhD in clinical psychology. I'm not a therapist. I'm a psychology professor, but I'm obsessed with the science of love. I've written three books on relationships, did a dissertation on attachment theory, and well, let's get to it. I'll tell you what's coming up. Did you know a woman in France lost one point two million dollars in a romance scam. We're going to talk about how to avoid romance scams, even if you don't have a million dollars to give away. Whatever little bits we have we could lose. Plus I'll be answering your social media questions. But first I predicted it. There's no secret there. Travis Kelcey is not at the Grammys, right, Kayla? Am I right? Have you seen him? See you, and I will tell you why he was not there last year too. Yes, he has that pretty little girlfriend with the nominations. What was that girl's name again? Uh?
Speaker 2: Taylor, Taylor, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Oh, that that's it. You know what's funny. I go to Orange Theory and there's a instructor there named Taylor Swift. I tell you the story before I'm repeating myself. And turns out she's Taylor Swift's second cousin and coincidentally got named the same name. Didn't know that fact when she got named that name. Anyway. Uh, here's what you need to understand, ladies who are out there saying it's a terrible sign. He can't even take the day off work to go and support his girlfriend. Uh, okay, he's a professional athlete. He's paid millions of dollars to adhere to a strict employment contract. His team is scheduled to practice today. Now, unlike other jobs, he can't just ask for the day off. And besides, like legal financial ramifications. If this dude went a wall right before the Super Bowl, don't you think he created a bunch of disgruntled teammates who could put the whole team in jeopardy of losing football's biggest prize. All right, So if you understand the constraints on professional athletes, the importance of that game coming up next week, you're not going to interpret his absence as a statement about his love life, all right. So, but I do want to say this. I just feel like I have to say it because I know things I don't know things about Taylor and Travis. I know things about how and why and when people fall in love and choose to tie the knot. I would put money on the fact that these two are getting married. I mean not tonight, but they're going to get married for sure. Statistically speaking, they are the people most likely to get married. Now, let me break it down. They are in the most common age range. She's what, thirty two and he's thirty four, like, or she's thirty four and he's thirty two, so somewhere in there. Okay, she's near the end of her fertility window. They both come from parents who stayed married. They come from communities where they may have absorbed religious messages in early life about marriage and family. Their closest friends are married couples Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Patrick and Brittany Mahomes and Jason and Kylie Kelsey. You know, marriage is highly contagious within social circles. So and it's also going to I think, help both their careers. They're gonna get married. They're gonna get married. It's clearly the next step the public's been waiting for. They've been together a year and a half, enough time to assess compatibility, so they would get the nod of approval from me. If they plan to have a family, the time is now. Maybe after the Grammys tonight, he'll do it by zoom, or maybe she's deciding if she's going to propose to him. You never know. Speaking of Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, look at that segue. Have you guys been following what's been going on with Blake Lively and her director co star from the movie what was the damn movie called?
Speaker 2: It Ends with Us?
Speaker 1: It Ends with Us? Well, it's ending with them. Let me tell you their friendship is ending right there. A director star is Justin Baldoni, so little background. Blake Lively worked on this movie with him. He was the director and the co co star. She accused him of sexual harassment and for spearheading a smear campaign launched in retaliation for speaking out against his supposed alleged might have happened misconduct. See, we got to say that for legal reasons. On the set of the movie. He's denied everything. Now he's countersued her and her husband. Forget this four hundred million dollars, which is apparently what they're worth. So here's what happened. On Friday. Baldoni decided, I'm going to go so public. I'm beyond public. I don't know how he got this url, Kayla, do you know what the url to his website is?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: The lawsuit info dot com.
Speaker 3: Well, I hear that there's a very very wealthy man helping him with this lawsuit. So yeah, more money than Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively puts together. I want to say the director, the director of the movie, somebody.
Speaker 2: That worked on the movie. That's team.
Speaker 3: The producer just then has billions and billions of dollars and he's given.
Speaker 1: Oh, they bought the url the lawsuit infoodfox dot com. The lawsuit info dot com. That's all you type into Google. The lawsuit info is if theirs is the only lawsuit on the planet. And what he did is he uploaded a document. It's not glamorous. There's no pretty don't look for nice graphics, don't look for pretty pictures, don't look for animation. It's just a document one hundred and sixty pages that includes all the text, exchanges, all the scenes. It's from the script that disproves everything in her claim. You know. He also sued he's suing The New York Times because they printed a story that he says was all one sided, just writing whatever Blake Lively said, and that it wasn't balanced, and it was whatever, slander defamat. I don't know what they call it. Slander defamation. No defamations when you're to private people diss somebody else, but slanders when you're lying as a journalist publicly. I did take journalism law on ethics, but it was like in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: You were one of the greatest journalists average.
Speaker 1: So I don't mean to laugh at their drama, but I did skim through the one hundred and sixty pages stopped on some very interesting texts At issue. He described her wardrobe as needing to be more sexy. All right, Baldoni asked their shared trainer. I guess Lively had introduced him to her workout person. And there's all this stuff of the prescript in the text of how many push ups and sit ups and what to eat and how much cardio. If you want to know how to look like Justin Baldoni, just log onto that and you're going to find the whole work out there. And so Baldoni apparently allegedly has had back pain in the past and some slip discs or whatever. So he was concerned about a particular love making scene that's a lift scene where he has to lift her up and carry her and do the deed. And they don't do it for real. It's all it's magic of movies. But he asked her trainer how much she weighed so he could prepare for it. That's his side of the story. Well, husband Ryan Reynolds went ballistic over that. How dare you criticize my wife about her way? She was postpartum, she was breastfeeding. How dare you also everything you could imagine that could go wrong, and this film seemed to go wrong. She got sick a whole bunch of times, and at one point I think one or two of the crew members got COVID, So even though we're past COVID proto, it makes sense. She's in, she got kids, she's breastfeeding. She just said, hey, can you get anybody who's in contact with me tested for COVID, which he said yes. There was a lot of texts where Justin was totally sucking up to Ryan and her by the way, just kissing the ring, kissing the ring. He was trying because they are more powerful in Hollywood than he was. Anyway, wouldn't you know what? She came down with COVID so she missed Simon. Then there's all the sweet email or texts from Justin saying, don't worry, you don't feel better? Whatever I want to know, And there were arguments over script changes she kept doing. At one point, I think he came into a meeting he redacted or that means blacked out. You take a sharpie, you black it out people's names on stuff who weren't involved in this. But one of them said that he came for a meeting with somebody who was a mega, mega megastar. Can we figure out who that was? Who was in the You think it's Taylor swift. Is that what you're saying with your lips right there? I don't know somebody, but it was Ryan Reynolds and a mega star and Blake Lively telling him all these script changes they should do in his movie and called them her two dragons, and she referred to them as I'm sorry my dragons. Were there later.
Speaker 3: Talking Game of Thrones. If you know she's saying, she was comparing herself to Kalisi.
Speaker 1: And then another time she called herself, you know, I'm a ball buster. Now you know that sort of sounds like gendered language to be what if he had said I'm a pea buster. I think we can say ball on the radio.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Did you get the email this week about I think I was the one who made it happen?
Speaker 2: Oh, no, we do.
Speaker 1: It was it was about we're not allowed to say any bad words. I saw it, and that there has to be like eight or ten seconds forever well to get to that button and make it go away.
Speaker 2: And there was like a rider receipt attached to it's the show to prove that we read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I probably caused that. You did curse on the air a couple of times. Wendy, it happens. Yeah, it happened. I have quite a sailor mouth. My dad was in the navy, so when I'm off radio, people don't know this about me. Sailor.
Speaker 2: It's all good, Doctor Wendy.
Speaker 1: There is a word that begins with the letter F that is both a verb and adjective analogy. It can be used in so many ways. Okay, all I want to say is is I want to know what they're really fighting about, because it's not clear. There's a lot of tit for Tad and everybody going. But something happened in that relationship because early on they were all friendly, friendly and let's get together. You know, Emily and I were really kind of loners and we'd love to be friends with you guys, and Ryan saying yeah, let's do it, and blah blah blah. All right, more is coming in that one. Hey, Valentine's Day is also coming up. If you're somebody who suffers from the Valentines Day blues, I've got some advice for you when we come back. You are listening to the Dr Wendy Walsh Show on KFI AM six forty were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty, you got Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. I'm dancing in the studio. That's what I'm doing. I'm dancing with my producer, Kayla. I just think we should just leave the music on, just rock back and forth for half an hour, kind of like Trump did at one of his campaigns, because it feels good. That's a great sound, Kayla.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: By the way, did you have a good week?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I worked on my podcast next in the City of Angels. Make sure you tune in.
Speaker 1: I love the title every wee Get podcast in the City of Angels, Yes, which is where we are.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Would you talk about this week anything else?
Speaker 3: Dating younger men being thirties and dating twenty somethings and how that just doesn't work?
Speaker 1: But yeah, because you know what the boys call you when they're in their thirties, cougars dirty something that.
Speaker 3: The women that this is exactly why you can't talk to these twenty somethings.
Speaker 2: They're crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, all right. So Valentine's Day coming up, do you have any plans my podcasts? All right, just go work, work, work, work. So there's actually been research on this. There's Reacher research on everything. A study published in the Journal of Sciencecientific Exploration. I thought there's supposed to be going under the season out to space, but no, in the Journal of Scientific Exploration said he was published called the Valentine's Day Blues, and they found that the blues are a very real psychological phenomenon, phenomenon, phenomenon, and a form of situational depression occurs for many people in the weeks leading up to and even following Valentine's Day February fourteenth. Hey, do you know what situational depression is?
Speaker 2: Depression based off certain specific situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, environment you know, there are other kinds of depression, chemical depression, postpartum depression, all seasonal, seasonal depression. Yeah, but situational depression is like, you know, when bad things you're fearing bad things coming up, a bad thing happened and you're feel sad about it. That's the situation that will be cured once you fix the situation. Yeah, you know, I used to have seasonal depression when I moved to California and the sun came out, gone gone. So here. According to this research, here are three reasons why Valentine's Day is a difficult event for very many people. First, and Chris Merrill talked about this earlier, consumer pressures. So there is this pressure. Society has said that if you love somebody, you better express that love through grand gestures, extravagant displays of affection, and spend some money. In fact, according to a recent survey, Americans are expected to spend get this, about fourteen point two billion on Valentine's Day. Sure on love?
Speaker 2: Okay, talk about making money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a couple weeks ago, oh, you were there when we had the Women of Wendy's Wedding retreat in Temecula. A few of us did a side trip during the day. I wanted to pick up candles for dinner because I can't eat dinner without candles. It's my little pet peeve. And so while we were in the tarja that would be called the target, one of the moms buying all these adorable stuffed animals and they were little puppies holding Valentines and blah blah blah, and I'm like, it's not for like three weeks. Why are you buying these shees? Because all this stuff sells out. I got to get it early for my kids. It's like Christmas or something. And it is true. I was a single mom and I always did Valentine's they were my Valentines. So I did a little fun thing with chocolate and stuffed animals and stuff, a little fancy dinner for Valentine's Day. But there is pressure to spend money, right, and for those who don't have the money, it can increase feelings of inadequacy. I'm sorry. The other big one is I'm just going to say it Instagram. You know, the researchers call it the social comparison trap if you are comparing your sales to other people on social media, because everybody's going to post a great picture. I don't even know if Hulu and I have a plan. Oh you do have a plan. Do you know what our plan? I totally forgot. We're going on our honeymoon to be amazing. It's going to be an Australia.
Speaker 2: Oh excuse me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be in Australia and I'm going to take a picture on Valentine's Day and everybody's gonna be jealous, and I don't want that to happen. You, Oh, thank you, But I'm gonna feel bad for anybody. So should I only put like the ugly times.
Speaker 2: There no people have to deal with their own feelings. It's not your okay.
Speaker 1: Well, the social comparison trap is a bad one too, and then increased feelings of loneliness if you are single. Valentine's Day is not fun because it's all about couples, right.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: One time I was in book tour years ago, I don't remember, Kansas City, Cincinnati somewhere, and some bookstore owner thought it would be a great idea to have the woman who wrote the book the boyfriend test uh, you know, basically how to evaluate his potential before you lose your heart. And she was going to do a whole event with champagne and chocolates at her bookstore on Valentine's Day night. Do you think any single person would come out and say, this is my night, everybody see how I'm lonely? No, you know, came one old cat lady. So she had a cat and or purse. That's how I knew. But she really was an old cat lady, Oh, I felt so bad. Okay, listen to everybody. Practice some self compassion, treat yourself with kindness. Understand that it's just a day. It's a hallmark holiday, and you know what, this is a day to give love to yourself. Plan ahead for Valentine's Day. Some kind of self care thing. I don't care what is. Get a little manny patty, get a little facial massage, get something, pick up something special to eat at home with your cats. No. I stayed in Airbnb this week, and it was like not an Airbnb, it was an actual B and B where you stay in at somebody's house and it's like a bed and breakfast and they you sleep in one of their bedrooms. They're a really nice older couple. As soon as I walked in, I saw two cats walk by, and I'm really allergic. I love cats, love it. Don't get me wrong, love love, love cat, but I'm so allergic. So it was a kind of sneezy night for itchy high night. You know what, reach out to other people, fortify your social connections. You need to have strong social connections to have good mental health. So it's on you. If you're alone on Valentine's Days because you didn't make the phone calls ahead of time and make the plans. Don't be shy. Call the people up, reach out, friends, family, co workers, say what are you doing? Also, Sigmund Freud came up with this a long time ago. If you give to somebody else acts of kindness, it is a form of sublimation. It's a way of caring for yourself. So ask yourself, who's going to be lonely on Valentine's Day? Who should I call?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Do plan ahead? Okay, we got a couple weeks now, So plan ahead and call a therapist if you need to, because it can bring the situational depression. Still depression, all right, When we come back. One woman lost one point two million dollars in a romance scam. You would not believe how many others are losing money. I'm going to tell you how to avoid romance scams. When we come back. You're listening to the Doctor Wendy Waalsh Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty you have doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show. You know what, lonely people are most vulnerable to romance scams. You know, I actually fell for a romance scam once.
Speaker 2: Not you.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't send any money. But that's here's what happens. This is what you don't do. Here's all. I learned this stuff experientially, folks, not just from textbooks. So years ago, I was a single mom. My kids were very little. I couldn't get out on dates. I had no childcare whatever. So I made the grave error that many many people do of getting on the dating apps, getting a ping from somebody and beginning a text relationship with them extan changing phone numbers, starting texts. There were a couple phone calls, but there were always problems with the calls and the time and whatever. And of course he was gorgeous and he was wealthy, and he said he didn't even know he was on the dating app. His sister put it up for him. And you know the stories, right, A million reasons why you couldn't get together, and blah blah blah blah blah. And then one night I had a dream I had a dream that I was trapped in a hotel room with a very large, very angry man, and I was running and trying to get out of the hotel room. And it was his name. And I called him the next day and said I had this dream, and he was like, what, like, you don't trust me? And then I realized, oh my god. I started doing all that Internet research to really find out who he was. He'd used a fake name of somebody who was a sports reporter in Canada, well known or whatever, and he'd done all this stuff and anyway, I figured out he was a fake, and I just, you know, yelled at him. I said, text whatever because I disclose a lot of parcel stuff like people have do that. Right. So he never asked me for money, but he can't fish me. Right. So there is an extraordinary romance scam that has been making headlines around the world, and sadly, the victim, the woman in her fifties, is being mocked by the world for her naivete And I want to tell you it can happen to anybody. Her name is Anne. She's a French woman in her fifties. A French TV broadcast about her she ended up paying one point two million dollars to swindlers posing as get this. Have you seen the pictures online a sickly looking brad Pit. Now, when I look at those pictures, I'm a little savvy. I can see it's all done with AI. It's like his face is glued on there in that bed. They don't even they look, they didn't even try hard to doctor those pictures.
Speaker 2: And you could just like google information. He's a huge star.
Speaker 1: It would be any where he is, right, yeah, right, So he had told her he was supposedly in love with her. They even manufactured a fake, deep fake picture where he's holding up a sign saying I love you, And they sent all these fake selfies. He was supposed to be in a hospital bed. He was supposed to be hurting. Look, I just want to say that it is estimated. The FBI estimates that every year people spend somewhere between in America five hundred million and a billion dollars in romance scams. It is a huge business in some countries a Thailand, in Africa, there are big syndicates where people are employed like call centers and all they do is work. You know, hundreds of accounts every day and see who's going to be who's going to grab right. So here's how a romance scam works. Two people meet on a dating app. The scammer is able to determine if the person is older, alone, vulnerable, needy, lonely, and most importantly, highly empathetic. They're right back, Oh I'm sorry, but they're like, oh interesting, because empathy is a big one. You can have very high intelligence, but you can also be highly empathetic. And this person who's the scammer always has a very good reason why they can't meet in the real world. And it seems exotic because they're living far away, they're on a military base, they're serving in some covert mission and they can't tell you about, right because it's classified information. Or they're just in another exotic foreign country and they're a sexy man or woman from some other country, right. And the first thing they the scammers try to do is get you off the app and onto any other platform because people will start reporting the scammer and then the profile will get taken down. So they want to get you off. If someone tries to get you off the dating app, quickly gets your phone number, wants to talk whatever. And they can't meet in the real world and they already fit this profile, then you should worry. Then starts the love bombing. I've never met anyone like you before. You're amazing. Wow, you feel like my soulmate. Now, remember, if you're a lonely person, you will easily be enticed by this.
Speaker 3: And this woman that fell for this one, she was just going through a divorce, right, Yeah, so she was.
Speaker 1: Super lonely and it happened to me when I had little kids, knows home alone. Then comes the first crisis. They test your ability to give by asking for a small amount of money. There's some little thing. I don't know what happened. My credit cards all got cut off, and I know it's okay. It's only eighty five dollars, honey, I love you, you love me. It's eighty five dollars, you know. And then they continue to earn your trust and eventually asked for bigger money. Listen, here's why it works. Love Bombing creates neural hormones that cause delusions and an inability to discern when you don't have your friends and family and tribe weighing in on this person and you're alone in your room texting away, you fall down a rabbits a hole of fantasy. Right. Also, our brain is hijacked by something called a sunk cost bias, which means you're more willing to continue to invest in something you've already invested in. You keep saying, well, it's got to be real because of D D D. So here's what you need to do if you want to avoid a romance scam. Be aware of your life's situation, understand that you may be particularly vulnerable. Do not search outside yourge zip code, and also do not have an online relationship. Insist on meeting in the real world. By the way, video is not enough. They can do deep fake videos zooms and skypes and it's like a robot you're talking to it looks like a real person. So video is not enough. You need to literally meet in the real world. Bring some friends, make it a whole group date. But do not start disclosing personal things and going down that fantasy rabbits hole all by without other people weighing in on this relationship. And definitely, don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ever send money to anybody who you've only met online. Never just don't do it. Have a heart and fast rule boundary. That's it, right. I feel so bad for this woman. She lost her whole life savings. There have been men who've been romance scammed by quote unquote beautiful women. They've lost their houses, they've lost their pension. It's terrible, all right. When we come back, you think romance scams are back bad, There's something else going on, especially for young single people in the real world. It's called the relationship experience. It has everything that involves a relationship except the long term part. Let me explain. When we come back. You are listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on KFI AM six forty were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Doctor Wendy Wall Show on KFI AM six forty, Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Recently, I was asked by a reporter about some trend that they're now calling you know, it's all the same old stuff. By the way, it just keeps getting new names by new relationship journalists. And this relationship journalist was calling it the relationship experience. And basically she described to me, why is it that some people enter a relationship with you it turns out to be a short term relationship. But they enter a relationship where they're doing everything that you need to do. They're being attented of you, they're meeting your friends and family, they're you know, having great fun dates, they're talking about the future together, and then all of a sudden they just disappear, Like why don't they just say up front, Hey, I'm looking for some short and sueek. So this journalist called it, why do people want the relationship experience without having the real relationship? And the answer is very simple. Short term trists parade as long term relationships for one reason. It's the best way to get a short term relationship, right. It is the oldest mating strategy in history. The unspoken rule has been observed by evolutionary psychologists around the world. We call that cross cultural research. And the rule is this, the easiest way to obtain a short term relationship is by pretending you want a long term relationship. The appeal for the practitioner is simply the ability to extract sex with little investment or sacrifice, just a bunch of words, so you know, she asked me like, well, you know, this is a time where there's sexual freedom and it's totally okay to say I want a short term relationship or I just want your body, right, it's the lyrics to have the songs out there. Why do they still need to disguise this fact? And the answer is very simple because it increases their odds of finding a low commitment sexual relationship. Look, I'm gonna say it. You can get mad at me if you want, but the research supports what I'm about to tell you. There are far more women that desire a secure, long term attachment than women who are happy to hook up and sally off. I should also add that some women who say they're just looking for something casual are using that as a mating strategy. They're trying to get men to fall in love with them through sex, which never works. It fails one hundred percent of the time. So to prove that women want more sex, I mean sorry, want more long term relationship, want less short terms or casual relationships sex. There is a famous human mating study that has been replicated over and over for years, and what they do is they take a young man he stands on a college campus and he stops women all day long. There's some you know, recorder somewhere hiding under the tree, writing notes about how many and what he said, and he basically tells these women he flirts with them, chats with the individual women, and he tells them that he's really attracted to them, and then he asked them to come back to his Would they like to come back to his dorm and have sex? Virtually every woman declines. Now, when the researchers flip the gender, they have a young woman stopping random men and offering sex, nearly all the men say yes. Also, the researchers noted that the few men who said no, who declined the sex, they usually explained that they had a girlfriend. But those partnered men, they still ask for the women's phone number in case they ever broke up with their girlfriend. Right, So, I do want to say this, I'm not making light of the fact that it hurts when somebody purports to want a long term relationship and then they ghost you, they dump you, they disappear, and all the promises about the future have disappeared. Right, But don't blame yourself. This is a mating strategy. On the other side, you couldn't have seen it coming. But you can use this experience as research research ladies and gents, because women play men too. I'm not joking. When I was a young player, Chick, I'll say it a hat of time, I had my run. Okay, I was a young player, Chick. I remember my roommate and I used to say, well, we can't have more than we can't see more than five men each at once, because we'll get all the stories mixed up. We go on in a day to go like, so your sister owns that store, I don't know. Oh, oh, I'm sorry, you mess up the story. So five was all the stories we could hold in our head. When I was a player, Chick, I had a couple of guys fall in love with me and get mad at me and tell me flat out you played me. You played me, they said, And I thought, hmm. I didn't say I loved you, didn't say would be together forever and never. You just made that assumption. So instead of being hurt when this happens to you, because it happens to everybody, ask yourself what tests that you can devise for the future to test somebody's worthiness. You see, finding and keeping a good mate involves plenty of strategy. And you are here on the planet because your grandparents and their grandparents had supreme mating skills. So you've got to channel your ancestors because that's why you're here. They had their own, especially the women, the grandmothers and grand great grandmothers. They had their own environmental and biological pressures for women, a narrow fertility window, no birth control, of the risk of an unwanted motherhood, sexist attitudes of female sexuality. Okay, today women have different environmental pressures too. Many guys who are players. Technology designed now to extend your fertility window, like by freezing your eggs, And I just think, ladies, you're gonna figure this out. You're going to get played a couple times, and men, you're going to get played a couple times. But look no further than the bridal industry to see that many, many people are mastering the mating game. And if marriage is what you desire, you can learn the strategies that you need. Right So my best advice is in the future, slow things down, make potential mates sacrifice for you, sacrifice with time, treasure talents and all delay the onset of first sex and a new relationship. See if they're happy to wait for you. Watch and see if they're sacrificing money, in time or labor to enhance your life. Remember, people value what they have to work for and give that potential meete the gift of getting to work for you. Hey, when we come back, I am going to go to my social media and I am going to answer your questions that you send to me. If you haven't sent me a question, this is the time to do it. Just log onto Instagram, go to at d R Wendy Walsh at doctor Wendy Welsh and send me a question. It'll be fun. Ah, weigh in, it'll be a lot of fun, all right. When we come back, you're listening to the Dr Wendy Walls Show and KFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty from seven to nine pm on Sunday and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.