Speaker 1: Hey folks, it's doctor Scott and I'm doctor Shiloh.
Speaker 2: So recently I was a guest on the Strictly Stalking podcast where I talked about the early days of responding to stalking cases from my first responder perspective, something we really haven't shared much about before.
Speaker 1: Jake and Jamie over at Strictly Stalking were so generous that they ended up running our eroto Mania episode on their feed, and of course we wanted to return the favor by highlighting one of their earlier episodes that features a firsthand, non celebrity case of erotomania.
Speaker 2: Because yes, this absolutely does not just happen to famous people. And in this episode, they interview Kristin Pratt, who was stalked by a former high school classmate convinced he was destined to be with her. After bombarding her with bizarre and increasingly disturbing YouTube videos, he even started showing up on her college campus and at her workplace to harass her.
Speaker 1: Strictly Stalking has an incredible catalog of stories like this, so definitely go give them a follow. We're sure we'll be collaborating with them again soon.
Speaker 3: We need to.
Speaker 4: Talk face to face I've been sent on a mission to make Kristen Pratt feel warm and fuzzy.
Speaker 5: Email me today. It's up to you now save your own life. You don't want me for a life, Kristen Pratt. That's a very very earn the wives decision.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, I'm gonna die. This guy is going to kill me. The police don't care. They are obviously not here for me. UCS please. They're doing the best they can, but who knows what they're gonna be able to do outside of uc SUD it happened. So I need to protect myself because I'm gonna die. This guy's gonna kill me, and I need whatever looked into this case to know exactly who did it where to find that evidence. And so I had a full heroic computer where I saved all the screenshots of all.
Speaker 6: The messages, all the videos I met from you.
Speaker 3: I named it police look here, Oh well cap, so that there was no doubt in anybody's mind and they had a place to start because I just I was just kind of counting down the days and tho it happened, and I lived my life as normal. But I just wanted to make sure that when I when, because there was a when for me at that time. When I did encounter Patrick but it didn't go my way, then I had some kind of evidence that it was happening.
Speaker 7: Kristen Pratt aka KP travels the world searching for innovative ways to better communicate with others and manage challenging situations.
Speaker 8: In college, she was contacted by a former high school classmate through Facebook who began harassing her online.
Speaker 7: So she was so for years before getting an injunction and putting him behind bars.
Speaker 8: Now, she works with law enforcement and victims' rights advocates to fight for change on how the judicial system handles stocking.
Speaker 7: And its victims. I'm Jamie Beebe and.
Speaker 8: I'm Jacob Tulam.
Speaker 7: On today's episode of Strictly Stalking, We sit Down with KP.
Speaker 8: Her story has been featured on Good Morning America, Nightline, Inside Edition, in Crime Watch Daily.
Speaker 3: I had what was called a dueling moment where you take college classes and high school classes at the same time, and the college classes replaced your high school classes that you get credit for both. And when I was in the classes, that's where my stalker met me. We maybe talked, I don't know two sentences the whole time, and it was a semester, so three months I barely talked in And then when I went to college, he found me on Facebook. This is about probably that two thousand and seven, and so I was in college two thousand and six to two thousand and sevens I think it's only are part of that year, my freshman year, and I got a message from Patrick, really nice message, like it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, and so I responded to it. And after about two or three messages, they started getting really weird, like really weird things that you would never hear a normal person say, Like he would say, I'm the Lizard King, and just like these weird things about sitting on a bench and watching women walk by. And he would write these paragraphs or essays, and then some of the messages would be maybe a sentence lung, and they would be coming in so rapidly, minute after a minute after minute, I mean the timestamp on some of these messages they were within the same minute. It was crazy how quickly he was just sending me these messages. Then within like I would say, less than a week, he would he started sending me massive amounts of Facebook messages, so it was really isolated to Facebook at the time. And then he got my phone number and started calling me on my phone, and so it happened pretty rapidly. I mean, it takes up scene. Once he started going it was quick, and I thought if I could ignore it for long enough, he would go away.
Speaker 6: But he didn't go away, and so I.
Speaker 3: Remember, I think it was like October of two thousand and seven. So I gave him a long time to stop. I told him, please stop contacting me. Don't ever contact me again. This is not okay, and he didn't. He just kind of added fuel to those fire. I mean, later on, we found out in the trial, the evaluation's mental evaluations he had to go through that he had what was called a Latto mania, which basically meant that it didn't matter what I told him. Actually, if I told the stop, it was in his mind me putting an obstacle in his way so he could prove his glove. And so it really didn't matter whether I said anything or didn't say anything. He was trying to prove his glove. He thought he had to, and that I was That's what I wanted.
Speaker 8: After he started sending these messages. He started escalating and showing up physically near you.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, So he would hitchhike to my campus in Florida. I went to the University of Central Florida, so nice in Orlando, Florida, and he would hitchhike to Orlando. Sometimes he brought his bike, sometimes he did it. But he would just walk around the campus at UCS. And I had seen him plenty of times with fem all the time. And when I saw him, usually I would just leave. I would just leave the campus and get to my car and go home. But I did after a while decided that maybe I should go see the UCS police, And so I went to the UCS police and they filed well, they filed a trust passing were I guess, I don't want to say I guess it was, but it was it was UCS States. So it wasn't like a trust passing Christmas and where he's like, hey, just don't come on to UCS property. The problem is is that they didn't really do anything. Like I love UCS and I loved their police department. I don't want to talk bad about them. I don't think they knew what to do in this situation, and so I think what happened was because of the last of situations like this, because I was being cyber stocks at this point and there was stocking involved. It was mostly cyber stocking, though, so even though he was coming to campus, he couldn't directly get to me, and so I think in that way, it was difficult for UCS police to understand or fully grasp the situation. So they did this trust acting more, but they hadn't contacted Patrick. I gave them the phone number, but there wasn't really anything they could do if he didn't answer the phone. He didn't answer the phone. It wasn't like they could serve in the papers, and so I had to trespassing word. But I still saw him on campus, and when I called the UCF leaf. UCF is so big, it's such a huge campus that by the time the UCS lease came, he was gone. You know, well I was gone because I didn't want to stay around and hang out with my stalkerd As being around, and so it was it was a very difficult situation. They did eventually call Patrick and leave a message on his machine, but it didn't help. He was still coming around. I mean, I didn't think it was going to help anyway. He called me while I was a working at a pizza across the street from UCS. Is not there anymore, but it's somewhere else. It's called lazy News TUSA, so called your landoe people. You know where that's at, says working at laziness And I got about well, I would say forty two phone calls from Patrick. Well, one was for my mom, but forty one of them were from Patrick in about a four to five hour shift.
Speaker 6: I called the police that night.
Speaker 3: I had all these messages of him, like breathing. It was really weird. I had recognized his number, obviously, because he called me a few times before that, and I picked up and really realized it was Patrick, so I recognized the number. But when the police came to my house, I said, about four o'clock in the morning. Four o'clock in the morning, maybe five somewhere around there. So it was really early in the morning.
Speaker 6: I could understand where a police.
Speaker 3: Officer would not want to maybe not intentionally want to be helpful, but I think it was just I mean, anybody coming off with any shift or that early in the morning might not be at their best and so she basically brushed off. She said, is there anything? Does he know where you live? Is there any way he can get to you physically? And I was like, well, he doesn't know where I live, but he's been coming to campus. I go to that campus. He's been walking around. Eventually he's gonna run into me. I'm going to run into him. I already have like this is a problem. But what she knew about the laws of stalking and what I didn't know about the laws of stocking created this barrier of what was perceived to be able to be done.
Speaker 8: How quickly did you tell your family once you started getting these messages.
Speaker 3: I didn't really tell my parents right away. I told my roommate and I told the people that were closest to me, which I thought was a strategic move because if anything happened, or if he did find out where I lived and came into the house, and at least my roommates knew what was going on people I work with. But I think I told my parents about October of two thousand and seven, when I finally said no to Patrick, like stopped contact dad, And I think that's when I told them, And I remember my dad being like, why history wait this? Well, I think really it was just I don't know. I feel like a little bit of it with shame but feel and a lot of it was just my very independent nature in general. I thought I had it under people. I thought I could handle it myself. And I think that happens often. You know, you don't realize it's happening, and I think in a lot of stocking cases, it does ramp up pretty quickly, but you're almost in like this denial, like, Okay, you let them in that first time, you were friendly enough to see that way with them, the first time you can let something slide, and then after a while you realize that, wow, I flied a lot of stuff slide by now. And I think when you look back at it, you realize the breast of what has happened to you, and you're like, hopefully crap, Like this is unacceptable. But when it's happening, it seems wrong. It feels wrong, and you know it's wrong, but at the same time, you're like, I still have control. I still have a little control, and you want to kind of believe that as it goes on. And I think that's why it took me so long to tell my parents because I felt like I have control, like he eventually, he's up, Eventually it's gonna go away, and then it just never did. It was really weird too, because this was my first taste of independence. I was just getting to college, and it was what I've always wanted my entire life. I remember being.
Speaker 6: A child, like thirteen or fourteen years old.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, I can't wait to leave for college. I can't wait to leave. And so for me to go to college and immediately have someone basically control my life in such a way whereas I didn't feel fully and completely independent like I've wanted my whole life, was really really hard to accept. And so when I finally accepted it, it took a while for me to get there. I guess it's the best way to put it. It just took a while for me to go, all right, no, it's time to look at this the way it should be looked at. This is a problem. You can't be at the library studying and then have to leave because somebody said they were at the library too, Like that's not okay, and you shouldn't allow this.
Speaker 6: In your life.
Speaker 3: And so you have that fear that something's going to happen to you, but you also want to live, you want to exist, and especially as a college student, I wanted to do those college things. I wanted to go to parties. I wanted to hang out with friends. I wanted to have a study groups. And it's just those two things I was trying to make work together, and they just weren't. I couldn't emotionally handle it, and I couldn't handle it physically. As like a safety precaution, I couldn't do it. And so I think I think it took me a while to kind of get there and be like, all right, you know you are in danger. You know this, You've known this for a while, and you can't continue to live the life you want while also fighting this battle. You have to figure this out. And yeah, so it took me a while to get there. I started telling my friends pretty early.
Speaker 6: Mostly because they will allowed me all the time.
Speaker 3: Like I said, so it was more of a safety.
Speaker 6: Concern for me because not only did.
Speaker 3: I want back up, but I also wanted to make sure they stayed safe. I don't know if he you know, I don't. I didn't at the time. I didn't know much about stalking, so to me, it's like, all right, well, if you stoking me, you just stop other people as well. And so I was like, I don't want them to encounter Patrick and then you know, him charm them, or him become their friend and then they get stucked or what was worse for me was just him hurting us in some way, And so I told them pretty early. It started with my roommate and then branched out from there with friends, but also a lot of my friends ended up finding out through Facebook because after a while he started making YouTube videos and he sent he went down my Facebook list of friends and sent every one of them ah to D links to my videos and then they like, oh yeah, this guy Patrick, these videos are really disturbing. You need to watch these what is going on? So it was kind of forced to tell a lot of my friends before I was ready to tell anybody about what was going on, because they were finding it out from Patrick himself and seeing very warped and twisted YouTube videos and what were.
Speaker 7: The videos, like, what was he saying? What was he doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, A lot of them were different. One he was naked, he was lying on the bed, with a pillow over his private and it was just him lying on the bed naked, and he wasn't saying anything. But YouTube kind of has like these little little blurbs, or they used to, I don't know if they still do anymore. He would write out these full sentences of like, if you know Kristin Pratt, let her know that I'm here, I'm not going anywhere. Look me in the eye. And then some of the blurgers would say my boyfriend's name at the time and talk about him being a coward or being whatever. And then some of them just like those that was just one video, and then one of them would be at UCF campus and he'd be sitting in front of a wall and I was like, that is UCP. I know that, I know that campus, and she'sd be yelling about communicating with him. And just look me in the eye. He always said that, just look me in the eye. We need to talk face to face.
Speaker 4: I've been sent on a mission to make Kristin Pratt feel warm and fuzzy.
Speaker 5: Email me today. It's up to you now save your own life. You don't want me for a life, Kristen Pratt. That's a very, very earned my wives decision.
Speaker 3: And then one of them not to get to graphics. But one of them he was touching himself in the video over his pants. Felt thankfully I didn't have to see too much, but that was one of them while he repeatedly said my name. That was probably one of the more disturbing ones I had ever watched. And then this really weird one. Now, this has been going on for some time, so my friends all knew about it. They were keeping tabs on it. They were all subscribed to this video channel.
Speaker 6: And we are at my.
Speaker 3: Friend's house for a Super Bowl party and we're sitting on the couch and somebody goes, oh my god, Patrick's posted a new video. So there's like four people on the couch and four people behind the couch.
Speaker 6: Watching this video, and its computer is, you know.
Speaker 3: Speeders on my lap.
Speaker 6: And Patrick goes in the video and you and you and you.
Speaker 3: And you, like he was talking to all of us, like separately, plaining to each persus. I mean, obviously there's no way for him to have known that's going to happen, but it was such a coincidence, and that's probably freaked me out more than most things in the entire world have ever freaked to be out? I was just like, we all just looked at each other and we were like, all right, we're done for the day. Just close this computer down.
Speaker 6: It was just very weird, But at.
Speaker 3: The same time, it was a blessing in disguise because I was able to pretty much pinpoint where he was at within a few days because he was posting them so frequently, I was able to kind of have that flag crumbs trail. So if he was at the laundromat across the street from US, yes, I saw that, and I knew he was probably in the area. If I saw him and it looked like he was at US, which is University's Florida, which is where he was supposed to have gone, then I was like, all right, then for the past few days, he's there. If I thought it was a house, then I knew he lived in lust or Loose, I guess in Florida, So I knew he was pretty much about two hours away. So I was able to kind of gauge where he was by watching these videos. So as crappy as it was to have to emotionally go through watching these crazy videos where he's addressing me in such a way it helped me kind of keep tabs on where it was at so would I could stay safe.
Speaker 8: So basically he was stockpiling all his evidence or your evidence that you needed to present this.
Speaker 3: I wapped all of the YouTube videos. I screenshotted all the messages because he sent me messages on YouTube, on Twitter, on Facebook, the screenshotting all of those, saving all of the YouTube videos, and I just kept those on hand. After the police woman came to my house the first time after the PEACEIA, that was when I really knew that I was kind of on my own as far as legal concerns fors and so I I mean that early I think that was, oh wow, that was before October twenty seven. So I had already started kind of stockpiling that because I was like, I'm going to die. This guy is going to kill me. The police don't care. They are obviously not here for me. UCS police, They're doing the best they can, but who knows what they're going to be able to do outside of uc after it happened. So I need to protect myself because I'm going to die. This guy's going to kill me. And I mean, whoever looked into this case to know exactly who did it, where to find that evidence. And so I had a full narrowment computer where I saved all the screenshots of all the messages, all the videos. I worked from the YouTube I named it police Look Here Caps, so that there was no doubt in anybody's mind and they had a place to start because I just I was just kind of counting down the day until it happened, and I lived my life as normal, but I just wanted to make sure that when I when, because it was a when for me at that time, when I did encounter Patrick, if it didn't go my way, then I had some kind of evidence that it was happening.
Speaker 8: When did you find out how severe his mental condition was?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 8: When did you start getting those records after you took the evidence to the police.
Speaker 3: So I already had a pretty good grasp on his mental capacity after he started sending those really weird messages, because.
Speaker 6: They were really weird, not to get.
Speaker 3: Disgusting, but in one of the messages, he said, I am the spawn of Satan and I want to give you your Satan's firms. That's not something I don't think that's anything that someone in their right mind would say to someone they don't really know very well. But yeah, so I was pretty well aware of not the not the full story what was going on, but I had a pretty decent grasp, especially after feting to some Mexics. But Youtue itself was those videos. I mean, he's screaming at some at the camera. He's screaming at the camera, and there's just no way that anybody in their full, one hundred percent mentally stable minds would. I feel, well, I feel like that. I mean, I don't want to say there's no way, but I feel like there is no way that somebody who is full mentally capable would do something like that to somebody, and then to have a complete disregard of all of the evidence that he's basically giving me if I needed to go to court, he just didn't care. It wasn't he was he was in his own world. He was in his own world.
Speaker 6: And it was.
Speaker 3: Scary because if you're willing to act that way on messages and on video and have a complete disregard for your own well being, you're definitely not going to have any regard for my well being. And so that's for me, the real fear of setting was like, I just knew that if you want something so bad, so so bad that you are just going crazy over it, and then you get that, say what do you do to that thing? What do you do to that person? What do you do to that whatever it is that you want? You want it so bad that you're just nuts over I that's scary. Like I didn't want to be that thing when he got that thing, because I just didn't know what he was going to do.
Speaker 7: What were you thinking at this point? How was your life changing?
Speaker 3: My class work suffered pretty dramatically. I didn't. This is how I felt about Stocking as a whole, from what I was proceeding from other people in their reaction to Stocking. Not my friends, but the people who legally could help me. I felt like I had no help, and so I would I would rather tell my professors that I was sick, or I had to go to the doctor, or my grandparents die or whatever it was, that I could tell them to not have to go to classes. Because I had a huge nightmare the night before. I could couldn't sleep for the rest of the night because Patrick had chopped up my boyfriend at the time. In my nightmare, and I had to put him back together like some weird puzzle. And then how do you go to class at seven am? After that? You know, I didn't get any sleep, So my classwork suffered as far as the attendance was concerned. So that was a big problem. My emotional well being suffered because I wasn't able to really I wasn't able to get to sleep, obviously, and I just wasn't. I felt alone, so I was always looking over my shoulder, always trying to run away if there was ever a time I felt in danger. I remember I was driving to UCS and I saw Patches on the corner of UCF across the street, so I would have been going into the traffic light to cross over, and so I was in the I was in a right hand lane, but not so laying to turn right. And I saw him because I saw him in a crowd of a thousand people. But he always wore either a green shirt, black hands, black backpack or black shirt, black hands, black backpack, and they were always the same shirts, shirts or pants and the same backpack. And so I saw him across the street and I just got right into the right turm lane and didn't go to class a day. I turned right and left, and that was.
Speaker 6: Just how it was.
Speaker 3: Well, as a trial, I learned that his parents hadn't really known any of this was going on until quite some time after it started. When he finally got arrested. He was arrested for wooding and prowing, which we can go into a little later, but they posted his bail and that that's what that's when I realized. I don't think they knew what he was doing, because they were volked to bail as soon as but basically two days later, so I think they realized that he was doing something really bad and that he needed to be there. But then in the trial, I remember then talking about his mom talking about.
Speaker 6: What he was like when he was a kid, and he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't one hundred percent healthy as far as mental mental capacities go, because he I think I remember he chased his brother around the house with in life. That was one of the stories. He's also really, really heavily into drugs, and so I think they knew about that as well, because they took him in a few times while he while all of this was going down, I.
Speaker 8: Was gonna say, walk us through the trial if you can.
Speaker 3: It was ridiculous, to put it lightly. Our first attempt at a trial, I was on the stand giving my testimony about all the craziness that happened, and he stood up in the middle of my testimony and said, I want my plea bargain now. And I mean, everybody's basically flabbergast because that's not how it works. Like, you don't just stand up in the middle of a trial while somebody's giving a testimony and say that. And so the judge asked the council they wanted to speak with their clients, and then when they came back out, the judge talked to him and realized he wasn't competent to stand trial. So for like a year or I would get these letters every month saying he was confident us to stay a trial, and then I would call to make sure we were going to trial, and I would say, Nope, not going to trial yet. O great. So for like a year I I dealt with that, and then we finally did go to trial. He was facing forty.
Speaker 6: One years in prison through.
Speaker 3: Violation of injunction and death threats. With death threats and regular violation of injunctions and the judge leave him two years with time served. So the whole time that we were supposed to go to trial, he was serving time quote unquote, and so he basically got out, like I don't know, a year, maybe less than a year after our trials, and he was supposed to have an ankle bracelet on for fifteen years. They called me about a year after our trial and they said, hey, so we're thinking about taking his ankle monitor. What do you think.
Speaker 6: I was like, uh no, I think that's a terrible idea.
Speaker 3: And I think you need to like readjust what you're thinking right now. So they they heard me and kept it on for a little bit longer, but it's off now. I think even at my trial, I don't see the urgency. I still have never seen the urgency when it came to what was going on with my stokers and he he came to my job, I got an injunction. When I wanted to amend the injunction, they sent me some place and then they were like, oh, go to this other place, and then that place is like, oh, go to that place, and then that place is like, no, go to this place. And it was the first place I went to in the first place, I was like, this is ridiculous. Nobody cares, and I felt like I had just been shouting into a void like I'm going to die. Does anybody understand that somebody is out there will probably kill me? I mean, I had to serve my mom and I had to serve up give him ourselves to get him to go to the court for the permanent injunction until my mom contacted Patrick and set up a time to meet him at a bus station with me. And when she told me this, I was like, this is a terrible idea. I don't even know if this is legal. And so we went with a police officer, my mom, me and the police officers to the Greyhound station. He arrived, they served him in the papers. Then they thought he was acting really weird, so they took him aside and they kind of like talked to him, searched his backpack. I think they found drugs in his bags, but they didn't arrest him. I think they were just like, we're going to throw these out. And so he showed up to the injunction hearing. The judge was like, yeah, did you say that you were the spot of Satan and you wanted to give miss Pratt. You're a Satan's firm, and he was like, yeah, bro, this kidding. Other Drudge was like, uh no, no, you weren't. But we're going to give her a tenure injunction. So they gave me the tenure injunction. But even after that, he kept coming back to my works and we had him on video, and so we called the cops. They came. By the time they got there, he was gone, but we had him on videos. They were able to see it on the security camera, and so they were able to put warrant tending to the Drudge for the judge to see as a violation against injunctions. Now, in between these this time of injunction and the catching him at the camera, he had been sending me messages still. He had been making YouTube videos still, And so I went back to the courthouse, like I said, to get that amended, and they gave me the run around, like I told you before. And so finally once I got him on camera, like I said, the police decided they would put the warrant in dependance. But I didn't understand that. I don't know anything about the legal systems, So to me, I thought, oh, it's in for a warrant, Like if he comes next to me again, he's getting arrested because it's a warrant. Like this is a big deal. Well maybe not so much, because he came back to Lando made a video talking about how he was going to be at this coffee shop right across the street from the ECS, And he was at that coffee shop and my boyfriend at the time kind of stocks the soccer and he watched him while I was working. Then I got the word. I met the police at the Apple BEA's in the same parking lot, and the police looked me up. They couldn't find my injunction. Now, luckily I had this conjunction everywhere my boyfriend at the time car, my boyfriend's house, his parent's house, my best friend's house, my works, my other best friend's house, my house, my far my best friend's are like it was everywhere I would ever be. I had a copy of this injunction, so I whipped it out.
Speaker 6: She thought looked me up because oh yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Weren't attending. I can't arrest him. So I went home after the house because there was nothing we could do. So it was like all these little things that probably could have been handled differently, probably could have been handled better, and yet I was just like pushing and pushing and pushing for something good to happen. So these were all of the things that I was like, I'm doing all of this, and so that's what I mean. It would be terrible for someone to have to get that far and to have to do exactly what I did this whole time. But that's basically what I would teach somebody to do. Get those get that proof first, and foremost, get that group. Also, be well versed in your own scape laws on stalking and cyberstocking. If you are well versed, you cannot expect a police officer to know every law. I mean, yeah, sure that should be their jobs, but there are a million laws. Like, there's so many laws, so you need to know what's good for you. And if you feel like you're being stocks, you need to know those laws. So when you call that cup and she comes to your house, if she comes to your house, they cannot not know because you're telling them. You're saying, listen, these are the laws in our states.
Speaker 8: And how did you get into advocacy?
Speaker 3: While the trial was going on, Good Morning America had contacted me to cover my story because the local news outlet had picked it up, and so Good Morning America has been following my story since we started a trial, and then once the trial ended, like sad day, they flew me out to talk on Good Morning America, and so it kind of just snowballs from there on Good Morning America, Inside Edition like you said, Nightline Like you Said, and all these other programs, and then I guess people saw that I was on these programs, we decided to contact me, and I took the opportunity to go, and like I took them up on their opportunity because I felt like it was a really important thing to do. And so I ended up pulling and going to these trainings and start start talking at these trainings and then it just, you know, snowballs from there. Once people heard I was willing to talk about it, it became something that people wanted to hear, which was really nice. And I even had unfortunately to hear this, but I had someone tell me that I was one of the only people who would talk about my experience. It feels good to do it. I love doing it. It becomes this like it's like a slight high. But also I feel like I'm taking control of a of a situation that I felt it had no control over. And so it's really nice to do these talks and work with people because inevitably there's always one person in each group that has either known somebody who's stopped or want stopped, and they want to talk about it. And it feels so good to be able to help someone anyone. And so I mean, I've had people call me to talk to me about being stopped that's happened, and I do it because it's it's awesome it's and it's not awesome that it's the situation, but it's awesome to be to be a resource for anyone. And having listening, having listened to your previous shows, I know that I'm not the only one, which makes it even better knowing that I can somehow contribute to the big, possibly big movement of victim protection for people who are stocked and cyber stocked.
Speaker 7: How do you live your life differently now that you've been stocked.
Speaker 3: I do a lot of things in my daily life that that I don't think everybody else does. I am constantly making sure that there's nobody around me.
Speaker 6: I don't really like when people around me when I.
Speaker 3: Park really close to a like if I go to Target, I park my car as supposed as possible to the doors so that there's less distance between the doors and the car, and I think a lot of people for I think that's weird, but it's understandable because I don't want any like, especially if I'm going out by myself. I don't want any any more chance of me something happening to me because I don't know where Patrick is. Also, I go a lot of places with my fiance because it makes sense for us to be together, but for safety wise, he is the person who would be most likely to be able to protect me, and so I go a lot of places with him. There's very rarely places I go by myself unless I have to. So that's weird for me too because I used to be. Like I said, I've always been very independent since to always have somebody go with me someplace and just make sure that I have a buddy, like a buddy system. It's been fun, but not add a character for me compared to the rest of my life before It's all happened. If you think you're being stopped. I always say trust your gut, because you're probably not going to feel like you're being stop if you're actually not stopped. If you are being stopped, then you definitely want to start setting up some system that will collect proof for you. So if you think somebody's just coming to your house and standing outside, maybe get a security camera or ring doorbell, just to make sure that those things are being recorded. And if they're sending you messages or if they're calling you, there are a voice message a voice recording apps on your phone that will or most phones, but you can also get apps just download them to record voice phone calls. So if you feel like somebody's gonna call you and they're calling you too much, or you're getting any text uses, there are apps and ways to save that information. I have even used my computer photo boost Sevemax and have recorded phone calls via speaker on photo photo booths. So there's ways to make it happen. But first and foremost, you need to collect all of the proof you can, not saying that you have to wait until you have a massive amount of truth, but you have to have one or two things even to show a police officer if you have to call the police. And then when you before you call the police again, if you feel like you're reading stuff, you need to know your laws in your state.
Speaker 8: KP, thank you so much. We really appreciate your comments and your time and this again you you bring.
Speaker 7: Up some.
Speaker 8: You know, really just remarkable points and things that everyone needs to know and learn. And you're now going out there and helping people, you know, connect so they can avoid going through a lot of things. You had to go through a lot of the legal tangling and wrangling and things like that with law enforcement. What if someone wants to connect with you, how can they do that?
Speaker 3: So my wes say it's me KP and KP felt ka y C E E dot com. You can go on there, there's a contact sheet with my email address, or you can just send me an email through the website. I'm always available that way, and you can find me on social media at kristin Malikan so you can figure out how to sell it is kr I S C E N M I l I C k I N S. And I'm also available on Facebook as Kristen Pratt, so I'm available everywhere. I have a Twitter at KP super eavy K a Y P E E. S. And so you can google my name, which is awesome, or you can find me on any one of those senis and on my website. I also am building right now.
Speaker 6: Resources for people to find their.
Speaker 3: Lags in their stage for cyberstock and stockings a little ways away. I only have Labama right now, but I'm working on it, so hopefully that'll help you in the main time. But they can always contact me and every one of those sentis k B.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me such a pleasure.
Speaker 7: You're welcome. If anyone out there is in need of help or is the victim of stalking, please reach out. You can find a list of resources on our instagram at Strictly Stalking Pod.
Speaker 8: I'm Jacob Tula.
Speaker 7: And I'm Jamie Babe. Thank you for joining us on today's episode of Strictly Stalking