Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host Corey Winfield, you.
Speaker 2: Know how you know fish as bad as you can't put it on pizza.
Speaker 1: And special guests justin.
Speaker 3: Burke, the thumb Nail totally does not dick pick the move at all.
Speaker 1: Corey Smokers.
Speaker 4: Maybe one day I can make it onto the TV.
Speaker 2: I'll count and Mitchell O'Brien he goes you recorded you will sleeping and I was like nope. He goes Winfield dead, You got this terror in his eyes and I was like nope, and then he's like it was Stoker. Got your ware.
Speaker 5: It is the sixteenth of September.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four. My name is Corey Winfield, justin Burk. I'm justin Burke, where I'm Mitchell O'Brien.
Speaker 4: And I'm Corey Smoker.
Speaker 5: And welcome to the two seventeen Recovery pack.
Speaker 2: Like that fun, don't we?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 5: We have a fun and recovery all the time. Dang, we're gonna get this podcast done one way or another. Yeah, Well, backstory here if you're interested. We were trying to do a podcast. Well We're trying to see, like what would it be like if we were all in our offices and did a zoom and we just recorded the audio or maybe even posted the video online one day mm hm, and that was derailed for about an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone doesn't know how to use their equipment. That would be me.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you had a problem with you Yeah, yeah, I had a problem.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to use my equipment. I'm still beginning to learn. I figured out how to podcast with it, but anything like cooking it up to the computer to like use my headphones and microphone to do zoom. No clue what I was doing.
Speaker 5: Because you and Mitch, you guys both have different podcasts and you have one together called The White Knuckling At Podcasts. Yeah, and you do that and you have a road Caster Pro two and you record it right to your board, and Mitch you have a rod Caster one per kind of do the same thing, right, You're bored, and Mitch, you had a little problem too, And like I jump on the zoom, like, hey guys, d D and nobody's doing anything, and I'm like making fun of every single one of you, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, they can't hear me. I can hear you.
Speaker 5: Nothing's going on here, and so I'm was like, oh, man, so one by one I think Cory might have figured hers out. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just had to disconnect my ear pods and reconnect them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mitchis had the pot up. It was a wrong setting. It made me feel so dumb.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm there's one you're not hearing anything, Mitchell's because you got to turn this up that displays the audio that's coming through your computer.
Speaker 7: At least Justin was like something that was complicated that he hadn't learned yet. Yeah, I know what I'm doing with my board on this part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very simple.
Speaker 5: I felt so dumb, and I'm all like, well, let's just start easy. Let's Shane's headphones because I don't know. And then in the middle of that, I looked down the You're bored and I realized like all your pots were down except your MIC, and I'm like, hmmm, well, here's your problem, Mitch, because I knew I could hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but You're just like I'm not hearing nobody else. There's why now you fix?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was me and I was really surprised with that though, too, because once we did get everything figured out, that me and Mitch could be in the same office on Zoom, which our office isn't really that big maybe ten by ten, ten by twelve that something like that. But normally when you're on Zoom in a room together, you get this awful squeal and like, I didn't hear none of that.
Speaker 5: That was really if you remember your boss told you that you would not hear that because you have headphones.
Speaker 7: If it was speaker like and we just had dueling computer technology there, obviously.
Speaker 2: It'd be that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that you were surprised by that, justin.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know this much about the technology stuff that we use every day in the office. Like I don't know and I'm still learning, and I feel dumb. I feel stupid because I don't know this stuff that I should know.
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, you're not just born into this world knowing this stuff, so you shouldn't say that you should know this now. If you've been to school four years, maybe worked in radio for twenty years, and you should know this stuff, then you could be like, man, I feel dumb because I forgot that stuff. But I wouldn't say that you feel dumb. I mean, I'm not telling you how you feel, but I'm just saying, please don't because that's how people learn, you know. And I think your hard reset because you were gonna do that to your board, I think that would have helped. I wasn't aware that it was used. Maybe at one time I knew it was used when you bought your board, yeah, but I totally forgot.
Speaker 3: Because it was like one hundred bucks cheaper from Guitar Center. So I bought that one, and it came with a warranty and stuff. Even if I accidentally don't water all over my b they'll replace it. So I'm like, cool, I'll just buy this one with.
Speaker 5: Warrantye and mite suggesting you pour coffee all over your board.
Speaker 3: But you know, I mean, it's worked great. But even when I first started podcasting with it, me and Mitch couldn't really figure it out at first, And it took us a minute to figure out what settings they had all set up in it, and then they had like reverb and echo and all this other crap on for our microphones, and it's like, why do we hear this so annoying? And it's more complicated than the one that I have. It's the two so it's like a little computer processor in there or something. I don't even know what it is, but I always you know, I come from like a mechanic background, so it's like when you're talking with the old mechanics. I love working on them carbureator rangers. They're more simple, yeah, you know, And it's it's the same thing. It's like the one is easier to use.
Speaker 7: I think the two as way more capabilities, and I think it's more efficient, but it is more complicated.
Speaker 2: There's some more to learn it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's way more like the first board was very, very simple, and I like that about it, and it took me a while to get rid of it and to sell it to you.
Speaker 3: I asked you about your other one, and you're like, no, you wanted to. I'm like, okay, you're gonna help me. Yeah, I'll help you with it. And it's like okay, he's busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well you're like, I want to hook it up to my computer.
Speaker 5: And again I wasn't aware that it was used and that people had played with settings. I would have told you the factory say when you got it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll probably do that before we do our podcast on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, some people had some different things clicked and almost like what is that? Why is that went through? I mean it took me a couple of minutes, but I've figured it out. Just yeah, yeah, sometimes you gotta do that. But it took us a minute and now we're here doing a podcast and then we were like to try doing the podcast.
Speaker 2: It was just so horrible.
Speaker 5: It was so weird because I like being in the same room with you guys looking at your faces, yeah, you know, and just being on zoom is just.
Speaker 3: Like, eh, it just wasn't the same.
Speaker 5: No, And I'm sure people would love to see our beautiful faces while we're doing a podcast.
Speaker 2: And maybe one day.
Speaker 5: I mean we had this little video switcher thing down here on the floor in a box that hasn't been opened, but one day, I mean, if somebody would want to see how we podcast where we podcast, that would kind of be interesting. But I was thinking about it when we went to church the week because I had the sweet setup. I'm like, man, that would be cool to put some chairs up there and be on stage do a podcast. And I was like, they would never let us do that, because they were doing a discernment about you know, going to the temple and all this other stuff, and I'm like, oh, we would be the temple and they would be letting the temple into the church. Yeah, you know, a bunch of pagans run around.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't want none of that.
Speaker 5: That's what it would be, equal to you, I think, yeah, well they were talking pagans, so but I think it's the same thing. Cory Smoker's looking at me, like, please, will we stop this now?
Speaker 4: I think you'd be surprised, Josh Wad let us get up there and do one.
Speaker 7: You think, so, yeah, one one and it would be done, or maybe half.
Speaker 5: It would have to be like a real serious one too, Like we couldn't just be joking around talking about you know, what Dick pated the movie or what didn't I'll bring the oil. Yeah, I was gonna talk about that the other day, and then I totally forgot who was I going to talk about it with? Man, I don't remember, because you had the weirdest ship in your drawer, and I thought.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't remember who I was gonna it was.
Speaker 5: If it was a game, I was gonna play it like, guess why Mitch has peanut butter in there?
Speaker 2: Guess why Mitch.
Speaker 5: Has Guess why Mitch has baby oil in his drawer.
Speaker 3: It's creepy sharing the same office with him. Some days I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: It's like, what did he do this weekend? And he's like, well, I just want at work editing some stuff.
Speaker 4: But I think it's funny is when he brought the baby oil, he had to make it very clear to me that it was for this project with his rocks and stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, because of how the olive oil was found, I didn't want there to be any question.
Speaker 5: And now that Mitche has a door that locks, yeah, that's not the good stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm scared of. I bet I'm glad I've never noticed anything on my desk yet. Yeah, but I do have a black light. Maybe I should black light.
Speaker 2: Then you should.
Speaker 7: Day.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid to see him.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is going like stepbrother's direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoa, I don't get down like that.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 5: So we're halfway through recovery month. When we talk about recovery here for a minute now, Yeah to seventeen recovery podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's enough of that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've had a lot of big things happen this month. Got to see my son again after two years and not seeing him. Yeah, going to court tomorrow. Yeah, you have a daughter full time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, it's just funny how my recovery journey has drove me to this place about being brutally honest in certain areas that I really don't want to because of the shame and guilt. And yeah, it's just it's just nice to actually be free from some things.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Yeah, and not only like are you going to the court to ask them, like for the for the court order to be rearranged. But she's already living.
Speaker 3: With you and going to school and doing cheer. I didn't realize how much money that was gonna cost me.
Speaker 2: It's good though, it's good for it. She wants to do it, and.
Speaker 3: She's met good friends going to school where she goes, and it's really nice watching her have this positive reaction to a new school. You know, I felt that was gonna take her a while and no, it's boom, Dad, I want to do this. But these people, you know, they're actually good kids, and it's like Wow, Okay.
Speaker 4: Awesome, that's awesome. Justin I'm really glad she's taken that positivity and moving forward and taking it into the school and meeting new people and wanting to, you know, just try out sports and do that. That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she wants to even get more involved around here too, like she mentioned this weekend coming in doing a podcast with Corey because she likes Winfields for some reason why I don't know, but she thinks it's cool that you have all this equipment and you kind of encouraged her to do her ghost hunting stuff like oh yeah, let's look it up. We'll buy equipment for that. And it's like she's just fascinated with everything we do around here. She's fascinated where my life has taken me, really, I think, and just wants to be involved, where back at home she wasn't really given choices. She was told what to do. Well, you're going to do this, you're going to do that, not hey, well what do you want to do today? You know, it's she never had that option, and now she does. And now she tries pressing my buttons a little bit, and I'm like, no, you know, when I give you a little bit, you're not going to take it and run, like missing the bus on Friday. Like you had the option to make the bus, you chose not to. So I took her phone from her nice on Saturday. I just shut it off. I don't have to take it. Parental controls are awesome on an iPhone. I can just open up my phone and click downtime and then she can only message me or my mom. That's it.
Speaker 2: Does she wear it out? Nope?
Speaker 6: Like hey Dad, No, Dad, Hey dad, And then left it at home and then annoyed me all Saturday day like beyond.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, she's doing that on purpose.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And so she kept it up. It was gonna be going on Sunday too.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 5: Well, we should do some ghost hunting soon. I know we're going to start filming my movie soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, they say they stay up where we live in Traverse City, Ish. It's I've seen two different dates for the falls prime time or whatever they want to call it season Peak color season. They call it that too. It's October third to the eighth, and I've seen it six through the twelfth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's early compared to so early as hell. No that she sounds normal, But I think this year is going to be way earlier because I've been seeing leaves change everywhere, Like over by man of Stee they're already.
Speaker 7: All yellow and changing the road. Yeah, m it's happening all over the place. It's actually it's real common for like a little bit further north to be like the middle of October and then here to be just after that.
Speaker 2: If they're seeing early October, I know it's so it's early this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Every the first weekend in October, we always go to AA Woman's conference over in Lewiston, which is kind of by Gaillard gay Lord, gay Lord. And when we drive over there, when in Mancelona you take a right and we drive on this back road that goes forever with nothing but trees, and the colors always seem to be in like the peak colors when we're driving through there. And that's always the first weekend in October.
Speaker 3: So Mansillan Road on the backside of Gaylor.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we'll have to film it though, that's my point. It's beautiful colors and whatever it is, we'll have to do it.
Speaker 2: And I'm taking a movie course. Yeah, sweet three of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I might have a film certificate. Heck yeah, yeah, you guys are gonna work with a guy that has a film certificate. It's almost like a degree, but it's not. It's just three classes that you take and then you have a certificate.
Speaker 2: So I'm a move to l A. I'm gonna peace out with you guys. See, are you.
Speaker 3: Gonna like tape it to your office wall?
Speaker 2: I almost said something as an inside joke there. Well, some people are excited.
Speaker 5: When they get things or they complete things, like there's not enough space in here. I'm not just thinking that. I don't like to do that. But I did put my recovery coaching certificate. Not I didn't just tape it to the wall. No, I bought a frame for it, like everything that I'm supposed to be Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you even got your car one framed.
Speaker 2: You can throw that away.
Speaker 3: You've got your state one. It's a really nice frame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the state one kind of trumps that one. So it's kind of like, I go put a picture of Parker right there. Yeah, mm hmmm something. But yeah, but if you frame them, it's kind of how we kind of do it around the office here, and you guys have your stuff in frames, and there's.
Speaker 7: Some stuff I would I want framed, and some stuff that are like supporting certificates of completion.
Speaker 3: So yeah, those typically.
Speaker 5: Like you completed this online course. I'm gonna put it out, take it to my wall. Let everybody know comes to my office. I know, I put them up really high too.
Speaker 2: I can do competent. These guys are clownings. That's proud of them.
Speaker 5: What would you say? What would you do when Field I had this? I just looked at it, like, come on, guys, you know better.
Speaker 3: Even though your guys office is slash storage room, but it's still got to be cut at a certain degree of cleansliness and straightness.
Speaker 2: Still leave that bellsound effect, obviously, But that's an learn inside joke.
Speaker 5: And you know I would tape like football players to my wall, like pictures like from Sports Illustrated, like Jim Kelly, the Bills. I loved them back in the day, Sidney Crawford. You know, she'd go on the wall.
Speaker 2: My mom would like every time I walk in the room, it's like a damn porno. I'm like, well, what do you expect?
Speaker 3: You have a teenage boy?
Speaker 5: Teenage boy, mom, get out of here right, And speaking of CHICKSI used to be hot. We kind of mentioned this earlier. Yeah, we were watching the football game last night and then they did this commercial with she comes on. I'm like, who's this lady. She's like, I'm hosting the CMA something whatever and I'm Shania Twain.
Speaker 2: I'm like, ah, what happened to your faith?
Speaker 5: Like and then I'm thinking, like, kids nowadays know a different Shania Twain that I know because the Shania Twain I know it was like hot back in the day, and ladies, I don't think there's anything wrong with getting older, No, but some of this stuff is ridiculous. The chick from Mad About You and Twister, I think we talked about her at one point two not even close. Yes, yes, my bad. She looks completely different too. And Shana Twain Like, if you'd have been like who is that, I'm like, I don't know some pop star. I don't know Shania Twain. I said, no, honey, that you're clearly that's not Twin. That's too much I know, right, Like what is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she took plastic plastic surgery to a whole new level.
Speaker 2: I see what you mean about. Yeah, you can't even recognize her.
Speaker 5: No, it's a different like when Parker grows up, he's like that Shania Twain and who knows what shes gonna look like in ten years.
Speaker 2: It's like she went Evil Disney Queen, I.
Speaker 5: Know, and like somebody told her, girl, you look good, get out there and host them CMA's. I guess she has a new album out, which is cool. And again I shouldn't be talking about the Only reason I'm talking about this is because I don't think women should feel like they have to do that, and I think ninety nine percent of women feel that way. Like you little botox or something, get a little something done with your lips. Okay, that's fine, but to like put a new face on your face and it wasn't even ripped off by a chimpanzee.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that? Right? You know, like there's a reason for amrazing leading cause of facial reconstructive surgery. You know, should I sit down?
Speaker 5: And her husband's like some rich guy too, and did she sit down? Like I want to make a new album, And he's like, well, honey, we're going to have to put a new face on.
Speaker 7: You, Like if you wouldn't like you said earlier, I didn't look until just now. You said if somebody would have asked you, who is this? No idea would not have a million years guess tonight tw No, No, absolutely not had my bed.
Speaker 2: Wait, no, who's been who's been under? You know? She had the little point of years out a little bit, you know, and not this. I don't even know.
Speaker 5: Her and Madonna should have like a show where they battle each other for something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: For the next botox shot. No, that's like you're putting a new face on somebody. Yeah, like, is that even the same person? We could get conspiracy theory here, we could and don't even look like really, maybe I should get my face looks like Brad Pitts or something.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't need my body.
Speaker 5: To look like it's like a fat Brad pitt what's up?
Speaker 7: What's our Landlord's dead? Yeah that's true, that's right, you know. So that's what he said.
Speaker 2: His name was. He looks justin. Yeah, they got jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got mad jokes. Yeah he does that guy. They got the best jokes, though, decides.
Speaker 2: The last one.
Speaker 7: The one time I was like, sir, I forgot your name, and he's like Brad Pitt was like, got it?
Speaker 2: So I just call him Brad.
Speaker 5: Now every time we talked to him, we should just bring up a Brad Pitt movie, like you know, it reminds me of a oh Brad Pitt. What should like remember Legends in the Fall when he was running down the hill or whatever. What's your favorite part of that movie? What's your lucky number? Mine's eleven. I'm killing Nazis. I'm in the killing Nazis business.
Speaker 3: This is a boom say that's my probably my favorite Brad Pitt movie.
Speaker 2: Glorious Pastards. You'll walk over there. What's in the box? Do you see that movie? Miss the Smoker?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: What you have never seen in Glorious Bastards? No, you have to watch it.
Speaker 2: Jesse Smoker. If you're listening right now, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: He's probably seen it.
Speaker 5: I would hope, Sowise, We'll have to take his man card and hold it.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of movies that I haven't seen. You want to know why what jail?
Speaker 3: Because you had such a little TV to watch mone you felt uncomfortable vs anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's not why. It's because, oh, my watch like the opening previews and then I close my eyes.
Speaker 7: So there's a lot of movies that, like I've seen in Delorious Bastards, I can remember like the first quarter of the movie because those were a different part of Mitchell's life where I would be watching a movie and drinking, and the further ahead of the movie, the more drinks ahead, and eventually.
Speaker 2: You just don't remember them or you pass out. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've had to watch movies many times repeat because that's like I started it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know the beginning of a movie really well, because you've tried to watch it ten times, I don't know how it ends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then you still fall asleep because you're like, well, I've seen this already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you fast forward it, you make it about ten more minutes, you pass back out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and in my house, we have other things to watch like football and baseball, and.
Speaker 3: Wait usually watch this movie over the next week for homework.
Speaker 4: I do watch How I Can Murder my Husband.
Speaker 2: Oh, wasn't the one that I was going with police?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watch his real life every day. It's like bad girl, Bad.
Speaker 1: Girl, What you want to do.
Speaker 2: When I come find you? Film run on location in Traverse City, Michigan.
Speaker 4: I've already got the tother Oh my ankle.
Speaker 2: Bug life to come across my ballet.
Speaker 4: See what happens when I take my drug test.
Speaker 2: Mom's gonna have to pay some fines.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: That's why I drive her to work and pick her up, because she needs to still work to pay her fines.
Speaker 2: M hm, that's fine, And.
Speaker 4: I hold the debit card hostage.
Speaker 3: Good, good job.
Speaker 5: I'll be buying microphones like partner. Sorry, dog, you messed up again. Dad to get a new camera, new drone. I'll let you have it one day. Start buying boxers. Boxers are expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see, Jesse thinks, oh well, we should go get some dinner. She needs to buy some groceries.
Speaker 5: With her toilet paper stock up, because you're always getta need toilet papers. When I look at it, you never have enough, so you just keep just like her bedroom, just keep storing toilet paper in there.
Speaker 4: You like the ones from Sam's Clover costcos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from the floor to the ceilings. You bought all that and we're keeping it in your room. That ship's not funny. Supporting the family. Appreciate it for your hard work. I think the rides to work is free. My mom would charge me gas money seriously, straight up. It was like a mile to a way, Like, nope, you can give me gas money, okay.
Speaker 2: I never that was back when gas was a buck.
Speaker 3: I never got to charge money to be able to go to work. From my mom, she just took me to work. She was happy that I went to work. But once I got my own car and stuff, paid for my own insurance, my own gas money, cell phone bill.
Speaker 2: I'd be charging her ass.
Speaker 4: I'm about to charge her to leave.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you can do that to say, okay, get out.
Speaker 2: Wait, I got five hundred dollars and get out. Let's just keep the five hundred dollars see you later. I feel you and what you're saying. I do.
Speaker 4: I do know what to do anymore.
Speaker 3: I want to know what to do.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, charge your ass. And it's not even the gas. It's your time.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just want to live in the camper down by the river.
Speaker 5: Your time is valuable, you know, even if you are down by the river and the camper, what if what if you live that life?
Speaker 2: You're like, no, we're leaving the apartment. We're gonna go camping for life. You have a tent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, got a tent, radio fire password. Just gonna stop by Walmart for them. See your d batteries for the tent in the lantern. Yeah, we have a tent lantern.
Speaker 2: RAO batteries for the lantern.
Speaker 4: It's for the radio.
Speaker 2: Oh nope, dog have a dog.
Speaker 4: That's like a heater.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got chairs, just don't have a air mattress.
Speaker 2: That's for yuppies. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you find a lake instead of a river, I got a boat you could use.
Speaker 2: Mmm the ss burke. I got a boat. He gets his dates. What's up, girl, I got a boat.
Speaker 4: Last time he was on the boat, you got his ass kicked kayak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still healing up from that. My elbow is still healed up. I still got a lump in my side. Yeah, probably still some bruising. I haven't looked at it in a while.
Speaker 4: I would have paid this.
Speaker 2: He does ship though, Yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know, because you're not gonna get my ass in a kayak. I don't think there's an ass. There's a there's an ask. I can hold my kayak, no backwards kayak. I can hold my ass. So I'm like, no, no, just get in this kayaking.
Speaker 3: Just open.
Speaker 2: This is a lesson for people in early recovery. You got to write that stuff out. Is this a good idea? Where are the pros? Where are the cons? The cons are That's why I gonna work out. I'm physically not capable of doing this.
Speaker 4: I'll meet you at the star and the barbecue.
Speaker 5: What's the weight limit on that weight limit with the age limit? Because everything's got an age limit. Man, there's age restrictions and age limits and pretty much everything.
Speaker 7: You need to get a sports physical before you can do some stuff in a certain age.
Speaker 2: Do I have a one of those?
Speaker 1: This time?
Speaker 5: You're in there primary care Physician's be like, we think about kayaking.
Speaker 2: You think that's something I should do? Look at me like like.
Speaker 5: No, maybe next spring if you just eat chicken, right is eat nothing but chicken?
Speaker 2: No bread?
Speaker 5: Nothing to eat chicken? Maybe next spring some way to do some running, some cardio.
Speaker 7: I heard a comedian he was talking about it, and he heard himself playing basketball.
Speaker 2: The doctor thought he was a car accident. He's like, real funny. He's like no, seriously, like what happened? Did you hit? Is your car? Okay? Yep? Just basketball? Basketball on a certain age.
Speaker 5: You gotta figure it out like we do the whole volleyball tournament in the summer. I'm not getting out there. I know Cam she did, and she's crazy. She paid for it, she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just for what the next two or three days and she had a stroke.
Speaker 5: I don't know whoa sure, but yeah, I know she was. She was getting after it and covered in sand diving, yeah she felt that for sure.
Speaker 4: And playing volleyball in that soft sand, forget it. The later you are, the easier they are, the heavier you sink. And I'm like, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not twisting the ankle or breaking the leg. Right you guys have from making the video for this bike Brothers, that was like my limit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I like to go to the beach, walk up and down the beach to some rock and go swimming. You know, but no, I'm not running. I'm not me diving. Have you seen Godzilla was slipping slide? Next summer.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun. That'd be a good film flopping slide. Yeah, I won't be able to make it that day. I got a film that or somehow I have some excuse for I'll being exempt. But I'm only doing it if we cover it in shaving cream.
Speaker 5: Okay, baby oil, peanut butter, peanut butter, baby oil, olive oil, which we need.
Speaker 2: No one's better ruin ruined peanut butter for me. That only goes one.
Speaker 8: Please you guys, this mine went there and I just said that the place was I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, where was your brain at smoker some kind of buns?
Speaker 4: Oh, every time we go down this hole.
Speaker 2: Don't say that.
Speaker 4: Oh, it gets worse and worse about my debate of if I should be left in this office alone with you obviously obviously not. I'm gonna have to have a code word for Jesse to get his ass down here.
Speaker 3: Annointment totally does not dictate.
Speaker 2: Called Jesse, I'll boil down here in thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: You're like, why do you need all the oil at work?
Speaker 2: He already said that once. What are you trying to do? Fry some chicken? It's for salad. I'm glad we're having fun today. This is a great fun Friday Monday.
Speaker 4: I'm glad. This is how we can end our Monday together, Monday Monday.
Speaker 5: No, but we got to the zoom stuff working, but decided not to go that route and just did it in person podcast from the office in the studio here. But hey, you know, those are some of the trials and tribulations that you go through in early recovery and even in long term recovery. You know, you'll run into these obstacles every day, and it's just you're gonna give up, You're gonna respond to it, You're gonna change course, you know. Can you laugh about it later and be like yeah, you know, and and justin I think you're a little harder on yourself, you know, brought that up earlier and just about all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I should have known. No, No, you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like me saying, oh, I don't know the stupid camera.
Speaker 5: That's what I say. I don't know the stupid camera. I'm not like I'm such a dumb ass. I can't figure out this camera. You know, it's just that takes time, you know, to sit there and to figure it out. Now, when you get home, are you going to look up videos or to do's on what.
Speaker 2: To do with your board? Or you're gonna play on Facebook?
Speaker 3: I did read some stuff on it a while back and so I thought I had a good grasp on some things, but apparently it didn't stick. So I should go back through the manual.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the manual is good, but you know, there's different ways people can. Some people pick it up off the manual. I'm more of a I gotta watch somebody do it. I listen to people talk about you hit this at that. But different people learn different ways.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the way you for to do it, but that's what you can do, you know, And or.
Speaker 3: Maybe actually set up my computer with YouTube open and be like after I do reset it, be like, how does the suddens I'm supposed to have set up this, this and this, and I have it all right there and do it correctly. Yeah, So trying to fix someone else's settings.
Speaker 2: That's what you do.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we've helped someone today.
Speaker 3: Hopefully someone got a good laugh.
Speaker 2: Just one person, that's all we're looking for. Yeah, I did so, I did. I did too. Smoker who knows? Three out of three out of four? Y bad?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: My cousin played that at her wedding. That song. What is it? It's from meat Loaf? Oh it's bad. Out of hell or whatever. I don't know the name of the song. It was three out of fouring bad or something. It's like, I don't know what song you're talking about. Now, yes, that's probably not the song. I think my aunt was telling me that. It's just like what is this or what's my uncle?
Speaker 5: They were both like like, I don't know if this is I don't think this means what you guys.
Speaker 2: Think it does.
Speaker 5: But okay, like, yeah, anyway, thanks for listening. Other episodes might dive more into recovery if that's what you're looking for to seventeen recovery dot com and the app is beautiful for that because early on.
Speaker 2: It was just about recovery man and.
Speaker 5: What we were going through. I was living sober living, so there's a lot of that stuff. But if you go back to the early days, which like I said, you can do easy on the two seventeen Recovery app, which is free in your app store, So download that and then listen to some but dumning. Yeah, till next time. I have a good one.
Speaker 1: Bye da Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.