Speaker 1: Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Speaker 2: This later with mo Kelly k if I am six forty WeLive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It seemed like a good idea. When I got in my car, I turned on the GPS and I said, about an hour and twenty minutes my normal route to get to the studio.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a good idea, said, well, why don't I try a different route.
Speaker 3: Why don't I just go ahead and take my time, embrace the horror and maybe take surface streets. Usually I go to the one ten to the five to the one thirty four, and they said it was all bad, all bad, bad, bad, bad bad movie mount he So instead I just decided to drive north on Western take the surface streets. And I've done it many times, and usually it's like a one to one trade off, it's about the same amount of time.
Speaker 1: Not today, Not today.
Speaker 3: I should have trusted my instincts and just sucked it up and took the hour and twenty five minute commute that Google Maps was telling me on the freeways. Instead, I ended up with a two hour surface street drive. I was going up Western and then I noticed that and I think it's connected to standard time. There are far more people on the roads in the three thirty to four thirty hour now than a few weeks ago. There's just far more people. So it just made it a ridiculous drive. Motorcycles were zooming in and out. I was honking at people.
Speaker 2: I almost flipped off someone, and I thought, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you can't do that. Yes, you can embrace the dark side. It's different when you're on a surface street. There's nowhere for you to go.
Speaker 3: That's when someone in traffic so bad, someone could get out the car and walk up to your car and shoot you, as opposed to on the freeway where you might be able to zig and zag and get away.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have had that opportunity. I feel like you're moving in the right direction. Mo. You will embrace the mark runner away soon. No, I won't discuss better part of valor. But as I was going down Western.
Speaker 3: If you know Western, and you cross the other side of like First Street, you getting ready to get into the Hollywood area, you pick up the one on one freeway. As I was getting ready to get on the one on one freeway for this hour and twenty minute drive. Police had shut down the one oh one North. I could see it as I was getting ready to turn on because I don't know, maybe they were chasing someone. I think there was some chase on a one on one today and they shut down the one o one freeway, so they were precluding anyone from getting on the one on one at West. So I said shoot. No, I didn't say shoot, I said something much more vulgar. And then I got I said, got off the freeway entrance, and I said, let me just keep going up north on Western, and then I made a left onto Fountain, if you know that basic path, I'm weaving my way through Hollywood. And then it just came to a complete standstill because the people who were stuck on the freeway were being forced off the one freeway onto the surface streets right where I was, and the people who were going straight on on Fountain couldn't go any further because a lot of those people were trying to get back on the one on one freeway.
Speaker 1: It was a cluster truck high and low.
Speaker 2: Short version of this story is it took me two hours to go twenty two miles in southern California when I left, the sun was out. When I arrived, the sun was down. Stop fighting it feel the power?
Speaker 1: Fight what I look? I had given up. I was in my car.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, at least I had some good stuff to listen to. It had some relaxing music. I wasn't stressed. It was like, I can't do this every day. I just can't do two hours in the car one way every single day.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know they were extenuating circumstances whenever. It was happening on the one oh one at four point thirty today, but it was one of those things where this for someone who drives every day, even for me, it was like, damn, this is a lot to deal with.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 2: For like four point three seconds, I considered getting on Metro going forward, but.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like gas. It passed shortly thereafter, and I was fine. After that, it was a fleeting thought. It didn't linger, and I said, well, well maybe the maybe the metro whip No.
Speaker 2: Never mind, no, no.
Speaker 1: So how was your commute? Mark?
Speaker 2: I was horrible, Well, it was pretty bad until I heard you describe yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, yours was bad as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was terrible, but I'm picturing you like an elderly gunfire. Just unsheathing the gun from the holster, whipped that middle finger out and use it.
Speaker 1: No, it was one of those things.
Speaker 2: There was this Tesla who was driving erratically and dangerously, and Westerns only has two lanes going north, and it was one of those things where he was going to hit someone. More importantly, he might have hit me, and I didn't want to escalate, so I was trying to just get out of his way.
Speaker 1: When you see a crazy driver, just go, Just just go, because.
Speaker 3: There's no point in you messing up the rest of my day because you're not thinking.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have to think for the other driver as well. I didn't even call it a defensive driver. I just call it like survival skills. Okay, well, I can tell you this as a rule of the road, and this is the authoritative rule here. If it's a Tesla cyber truck, you were actually required to give it the finger.
Speaker 1: No, it was just one of those sedans, it was.
Speaker 3: It was okay, well yeah, No, it was one of those things where I'm getting ready to install my dash cam in this car. It would have been perfect for today, perfect for today, but all I could do was just memorize the license plate if in the event, if further escalated. But I was thinking about you, Mark, I really was. I said, is this the time to let him have it? Is this the time you break glass? It's gonna feel so good when you finally do it. Just trust me, Well, I've done it before. I just haven't done any years.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, something I did when I was much, much, much younger.
Speaker 1: It'll feel righteous.
Speaker 3: I remember some guy when I was driving the five north getting ready to get on the one thirty four, and I decided to keep on going north on on the five. This guy, I guess I did something to make him mad, or we made each other mad. This guy flipped me off and then quickly went over to the one thirty four. What's the word I'm looking for is off ramp? Not the off ramp, but just the interchange where you were you switch over to the one thirty four on the five, and then he made sure that he was on safely on the other side of that medium to flip me off.
Speaker 1: I was so mad. I was so mad.
Speaker 3: It's like with your batch ass, I just oooh oh, if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do that, at least make yourself available to me. At least be a man and deal with the consequences. Boy, were you planning to return the gesture or or were you ready to go the whole nine yard? Well?
Speaker 1: I was ready to escalate at that point.
Speaker 3: I was ready to escalate it, Like, how are you gonna flip me off when you know that you're safely away.
Speaker 2: See that's where I draw the line. You have to have some restraint. But the finger itself is a thing of beauty.
Speaker 1: Twala, I need you to pop your trunk on him, just one good time. Yeah, that's the trunk, not the trunk. Okay.
Speaker 4: So that was my comedian twiller real quick, How was yours? It was horrible all day. I was running errands and all I ran into was bumpers and tail lights, and it was horrible. On the streets of the what is this North Hills all the way through to the other side of the valley, it was horrible.
Speaker 1: I fell on the streets.
Speaker 3: I really believe traffic is going to be worse for the foreseeable future because people are leaving work earlier, because the sun is going down.
Speaker 1: It's almost like we're programmed.
Speaker 3: My workday is over or I want to be able to beat the sun home if at all possible, where you're not driving home in the dark.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because all of our communities got real bad today. We're coming from really different areas.
Speaker 2: But one of us has some sort of vested interest in big air taxi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's t Waala because he gets paid my just you.
Speaker 4: Know, I hate to have to be the reminder here, but that would save a lot of us a lot of trouble if we were all in air taxis, yes, or or self driving vehicles.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't save time. If we're in self driving, it will save the stress. You could do so much if you're in a self drive vehicle. Yeah, that's like riding metro. There's no one in the vehicle with you to mug you. Oh have you seen those self driving vehicles with the people stand in front of the car and harassed them, the riders and everything, and they've been drawing graffiti on the car and everything.
Speaker 1: Even you know what it is, you're bringing up stuff that's that's no.
Speaker 3: There was a woman in one of those self driving taxis and they had these guys who were sexually harassing her. So they stood in front of the car, so they knew the car was not going to hit them, and so they kept harassing her and they held it for like an extra twenty thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: It wasn't twenty thirty. Oh so you're familiar with the story. I am familiar story.
Speaker 2: But you didn't want to bring that up. You didn't give you that story to talk about on the air. Why is that toalla?
Speaker 4: Because that's not pertinent to the expansion of self driving technology. That's a one off. That's that's uh.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So tell me was her commute shorter or longer because of being in that taxi. We don't know where she was going. She might have just been heading to the that was in the bay or something like that. Let me shed some light on this situation for the two of you. I pulled this last night knowing that we were going to talk about this. I was pre cognitive on this subject. Study finds self driving waymos are more expensive than taxis, take twice as long to get to destination. Across fifty samples, the average human driven ride hail price was twenty eight to fourteen, while an identical ride with a Waimo robotaxi cost nine to fifty more. Sorry, Tuala, You're you're really backed the wrong horse on this one.
Speaker 4: Dude, Hey, there's nothing else to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, talk to her. Really puts paid to all of this too. Let's talk about some serious business. We've got to give you an update on the fire when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We have an ongoing discussion.
Speaker 2: We talk about what may be happening around the country as it relates to natural disasters. Where we had the hurricanes in the southeast in previous weeks, and people were talking about, like Twala was talking about the swarms of earthquakes we were having, and I said, I would rather be in California because the earthquakes largely largely don't create any damage or destruction, and no one is dying from the earthquakes, I think I said back then, Yes, in fact, I remember I said that the better correlation is fires. Here in California, we have to deal with fires every year. They are seasonal in the way that tornadoes, in the way that hurricanes are seasonal in other portions of the country. But fires are something which have been doing far more damage in California than anything else, and this Ventura County fire is a perfect example. Unfortunately, and I mean that unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Oftentimes we may have fires and they don't necessarily lead to destruction of home, bombs or changing people's lives, but this is a little bit different. We've had the Santa Ana wins and they have helped this fire expand to over twenty thousand acres in just the past day. It's destroyed homes, we've had massive evacuations, and it has remained out of control. It's not close to being under control. In fact, Governor Gavin Newsom you might have heard by now, has called has declared a state of emergency regarding this fire. If you were listening to KFI earlier, we had an update on the number of structures and the degree of destruction thus far. And when I was talking about the state of emergency, it was specifically in relation to the Ventory County fire because firefighters were struggling to gain any advantage on that mountain fires it's also called and it's destroyed an undetermined number of homes since starting near the town of Cama Rill just affecting Chemo Real, but also more park and other surrounding areas. The National Weather Service has issued red flag warnings for Ventura and Los Angeles Counties, and it's going to remain in effect at least through Friday morning. Yesterday, we were under the impression that they were going to remain in effect just through today in the afternoon, but they've now been extended into Friday morning. And I was watching I think it was ABC earlier today, ABC seven, and you could see the aerial footage of the destroyed homes, and you get a better sense of the degree of destruction and the path of it, and how large it is and how it's almost it's hard to describe how quickly people's lives have been changed by this fire. It's hard to describe the degree of how quickly it has spread and how it's firefighters have struggle to get any type of control of it, and it's not like it's going to change in the next day or so. My question is whether we will get a break from any of the winds. If we can get a break from the wind which would slow it from spreading, then that would help firefighters. Of Course, I'm always pulling for people, and I'm pulling for the firefighters but there are things that are working against them in this situation. And as I always say, if you get an evacuation order, do not wait, do not see if you have to evacuate. Sometimes they're voluntary and sometimes they're mandatory.
Speaker 1: Don't wait for the voluntary to become mandatory.
Speaker 3: You have to trust that you have to use the time which is available to you to make sure that you are safe, your family members are safe, your pets are safe. Unless something else is extenuating and you don't have that opportunity to leave, immediately, leave as soon as you can. If you get the sense that it might be moving in your direction, do not wait. And that goes back to the winds. Because of the winds, it is so very unpredictable where this fire may lead. It's unpredictable as far as how quickly it's going to continue to spread.
Speaker 1: And let me just come to you, Mark Ronnerd just very quickly.
Speaker 3: Is there any new information that you have received in the past half hour.
Speaker 2: No, but we're going to be hearing live from Chris Adler at the bottom of the hour very since.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Chris Adler will be updating everyone in just a moment, and beyond the structures which have been burned, a number of people have been taken to hospitals. They've been treated for smoke inhalation, and some victims became trapped in their cars because they were racing from fast moving flames. In other words, people were trying to get out and then we're trapped by the flames, trapped by the smoke, and then had to be taken to the hospital.
Speaker 1: So this is something that is very very serious.
Speaker 3: It's very very dangerous, and you can find yourself in a predicament where you will not be able to save yourself. So if the fire is anywhere near where you might live, this is the time where you have to act in advance and protect yourself and protect your family before it becomes too late. And as Mark Runner said, we'll have an update in just a moment from Chris Adler. It's Later with mo Kelly I AM six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: And I got to tell you California voters, they are funny to me. They are hilarious to me. They talk out of one side of their mouth, and then they turn around and talk out the other side.
Speaker 2: Here's what I mean. And I know Mark Runner is going to get a kick out of this. The La County Board of Supervisors, when they're not buying two hundred million dollar buildings, they approved lower annual rent increases for many ten and unincorporated areas. If you're in an unincorporated area, you're not You're not the City of La, You're just the County of La. Like I'm in an unincorporated area. If I call the police, the county sheriff, LA County Sheriff comes, not LAPD. We don't get to vote for mayor. These are areas without their own police department, areas without their own city council. Little areas like Harbor City or you know, they're no guardians. Seratone city have their own police department, but unincorporated they don't have any of those things. So you're governed by the county in most instances. And when it comes to services, what they're going to do is, beginning next year, rent increases will be limited for units already under rent control. The sixty percent of the annual change in the consumer price index. Put another way, the consumer price index rises about three percent, so your rent can only be raised about sixty percent of that, maybe like one point eight percent. Now, if you think about that, that is less than the annual rate of inflation, which is about two point four percent. I know it's going to get complicated, but hear me out, Mark, what is the biggest expense for just about everyone?
Speaker 1: I thought you're going to give me a math problem there for a second. No, No, not at all. Oh, the biggest expense for most people is their rent? All right?
Speaker 3: If your rent can be raised some two percent every year and the annual rate of inflation is around two to five percent each year, wouldn't it stand the reason that since rent is your highest cost, that it would be your greatest priority to be able to keep under control, not eggs and milk.
Speaker 2: Well, I told you yesterday that I hate story problems, but I think I get where you're going with.
Speaker 1: Can you see where I'm moving this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you were concerned about how everything costs so much, and the largest expenditure you have every single month that is going to go up regardless every single year, is rent, wouldn't it behoove you behoove, would it behoove you yes, to do everything you can to limit the increase of that expenditure. Right, one might think, okay, So if you are a voter, going back to voters talking out of both sides of the mouths, and I'm talking about this very slowly because I need you to get this. If you, as a voter went to the polls on Tuesday and you were concerned about the economy, and you were concerned about the cost of eggs and milk, because we heard that everywhere eggs and milk, eggs and milk. I can't believe it costs five dollars for a carton of eggs. I can't believe it costs seven dollars for a carton of milk. And you voted because you were worried about that, and you did nothing to help control your rent.
Speaker 1: Your largest expenditure.
Speaker 2: As a percentage of your expenses every single month, and it can be raised annually.
Speaker 1: You don't see the disconnect there.
Speaker 2: Well, since here, since you're using old school like grade school teacher talk with Behoove, if you don't do something that behooves you, will you rue the day. I don't know if you're on my side or not man either. Honestly, just keep going. No, it's very very simple. We're supposedly supposedly concerned about the account.
Speaker 3: We're concerned about how much things cost. And you had the opportunity. You had the third opportunity, I don't know, maybe ten years or so, to at least do something to limit the amount that your rent can be raised on you in a given year.
Speaker 1: And you did nothing. You voted it down again.
Speaker 2: But you're still complaining about inflation, don't you know? Rent is also a function of inflation, the cost of living, the.
Speaker 1: Cost of housing.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you want to have real talk about this, and I'm kind of reluctant to, but you got to bear in mind that we've just been having months of historic low unemployment. Stock markets have been breaking records right and left. Inflation has been getting down toward two percent.
Speaker 1: Which is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 2: And people still thought that the economy was terrible when and everybody from most credible economists to the Economist magazine said the United States has been having the world's greatest economy with the world's strongest bounce back from COVID. So what do you.
Speaker 1: Make of that.
Speaker 3: Insanity, if only because the numbers are the numbers.
Speaker 2: And I understand, and I said this with Tim Conway Junior. For most people, most Americans, the economy in people's minds, is a local issue. In other words, if I personally don't have a job, the economy is horrible. That's not the definition of an economy, but that's how many people may view it. If I have to pay more money for eggs and milk, in my mind, that's the economy. In other words, the individual's mind.
Speaker 3: That's not an economic indicator of the health of the nation's economy. But many times people perceive the economy in those very micro personal terms, and unfortunately it's not true. And then you find people acting and voting in a way counter to their own interests. If the economy was your number one issue on Tuesday, then how in the world can you justify legitimately say that not doing something to help control the rent, which is the largest expenditure for just about everyone who is not in a mortgage. How can you say I'm worried about eggs and milk but not my rent.
Speaker 1: How can you.
Speaker 2: Fix your lips to say that, hey, you know what the economy's bad, But you know what, just go ahead and f me over and raise my rent as much as you want. I think a lot of people really didn't understand well. And let's be honest, we've also been hit fire hosed with disinformation about the economy. I had a friend of mine from grade school on Facebook post yesterday, Man, this air outside just smells more affordable today, and so of course I promptly posted an article from CBS News that said Trump's win could lead companies to push up prices, which is what economists are saying. I don't know if people know that because of how well the stock market has been doing all time high. That means the large majority of Americans who do have a job. We point to the unemployment numbers, they are what they are. The large majority of Americans who do have a job have some sort of investment account like a three fifty seven or a four to h one K, and they do as well as a function of how the stock market is doing. And if you wanted to look at your portfolio in January of twenty twenty one and compare it to now, well, the math is the math. And I'm not trying to talk about this in the political sense. I'm only talking about economics. Yeah, some things are either true or not regardless of where you stand on the politics spectrum. And that's why I study this stuff so much, because I don't have any formal college schooling in economics. So I read as many vibes as I can. No, no, no, I do, so you know exactly what I'm saying. And so when all the experts are saying something, but people are trying to tell you that vibes or this, and that, you know who to listen to. You listen to people who live and die by their bottom line, like change it to a different subject like climate change. I don't care what you believe or who you listen to. Look at people like the Pentagon and insurance actuaries. They can't afford to screw around. They don't care what radio pundits say. They care what people who are experts who have spent their lives gaining expertise in these subjects say. They don't screw around, and the same with economics. All I know is my four oh one k has done wonderfully over the past four years, and it has outpaced the cost of eggs and milk and if you are concerned about your grocery prices and not concern about the cost of living as far as your abode, your home, I don't know what to tell you. It's hard for me to take you seriously.
Speaker 3: If because the overwhelming majority of people are renters in California, why because the cost of living is so damn high, so damn high. And if you are living paycheck to paycheck, what sixty percent of people are you beat me to it. I'm sorry, no step on your back.
Speaker 2: No no, no, you.
Speaker 1: Didn't step on it.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying you knew exactly where I'm going with this. And if you're living paycheck to paycheck, and you know that rent is going to be your highest cost every single month, and we can talk about it should only be like thirty percent of your net income whatever.
Speaker 1: Most people can't do that.
Speaker 3: Most people don't have that luxury because they're paying more than three thousand dollars a month on average. Because we talked about it, just to live in California. But if you're more concerned about eggs and milk than you are about that three thousand dollars a month rent, which is going to go up as we talked about before eight to nine percent basic math here.
Speaker 1: Every single year, eggs are.
Speaker 3: Not, milk is not, but rent can Why because we keep voting down rent control.
Speaker 1: You don't see the.
Speaker 2: Problem with that, California. I can't help you help yourself.
Speaker 3: I can't want you to do better for yourself more so than you wanted to do better for yourself. If you're going to complain about eggs and milk and not do anything about the rent, well, you're on your own.
Speaker 2: You might be eating them outside. It's Later with Moe Kelly CAFI AM six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The fourteenth annual CAFI Pastathon is coming up, and it's coming up fast. On December third. You can come by the Anaheim White House on Giving Tuesday and see the live broadcast. You can donate on site and drop off pasta or sauce.
Speaker 1: You know how we do it.
Speaker 2: We do it every single year, but this year we're celebrating a significant milestone. Ten million meals served to disadvantage youth, all courtesy of Chef Bruno and your generosity has been instrumental in reaching this goal, and we're so grateful for your continued commitment. And even if you can't attend, I know it's sometimes difficult on a workday, middle of the week to get all the way down to Anaheim to see either Wake Up Call or Gary and Shannon or Johnny Kin or Bill Handle or Tim Conway Junior Show, or even later with Mokelly. I know it's a long drive. We're talking about our commute into work tonight. It can be real difficult.
Speaker 3: So if you can't attend, you can always participate in other ways. You can spread the word to friends, family, colleagues. You can check out the fantastic auction items on their website Anaheim white House dot com, and more importantly, starting November twentieth, you can donate in store at checkout at all I Set, All Smart and Final stores in California, Nevada, and Arizona. All you got to do is just tell the cashier you want to donate to the Cafi pasta thought or you know, you can round up your purchase to an even number to donate as well. And also on November twentieth, Wendy's Restaurants in southern California will be offering coupon books for a donation to Katerina's Club in store and at the drive through. It's really really simple.
Speaker 2: Just find yourself a Wendy's, find yourself a Smart and Final and you can go from there. So let's all get ready for kfi's fourteen annual pasta Thon and you forget any of this information.
Speaker 3: I know I gave you a lot. You can just go to pasta Thon dot com.
Speaker 1: Can't be more simple than that.
Speaker 2: Now, looking forward to it, December third, had a great time last year.
Speaker 1: Mark Ronner came out the drive down there was quite an adventure, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's always an adventure at that time of day. Since we're on at seven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Let's say I'm leaving the house at four thirty five am. You're not wrong, you're not wrong, but it is always an adventure to get well, it's even worse for you and Tuala because you're coming from north of downtown trying to get down there.
Speaker 1: That's that's oo.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd take some side streets and uh, I'm happy to be here alive today. Well, look, I took some side streets as I got closer to Anaheim last year, I do remember, and it was it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was real difficult.
Speaker 3: But but I know that the people who will be coming on December third, they love KFI. They usually show up every single year, and I don't want to disappoint them. So I make it a point to leave very early so I can get out there and see all of you.
Speaker 2: Let's sleep in the parking lot this year. No, that's okay. I'll get a hotel. It's like the Airs Hotel, like right across the street.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 2: Well, they call it being bougie. You're making that host money.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'll just like do a barter and trade.
Speaker 2: I'll just say, hey, you know caf I, Well, you know, we'll give you some shout outs of the air. Oh okay, I didn't know we could do that. I guess I'm going to start doing that everywhere. I need you to explain to him. When you have a problem, especially when you come from the music industry, you just make it happen.
Speaker 1: You do make it happen. Boy.
Speaker 2: Radio ethics are so much different than unethical. I'm just saying you have to put that much more energy and thought and creativity into it. Okay, everything is above board, good sir. Yeah, this is you is talking about No no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you can barter.
Speaker 3: Look Whitney's bartered with us for the Halloween party.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well I was the beneficiary of some of that. Yeah, it's a donation.
Speaker 2: Judging by how tight my pants are this week. I'm not speaking for any particular hotel. I'm just saying, if it came down to it, that's what.
Speaker 1: I would do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think we should have later with Mo Kelly r V or like a tour bus for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but none of us.
Speaker 2: I don't know, me, me, me, me me, hmm. Boy, I'd hate to have been on the Titanic with you when it crashed, you and the life boats.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that's that's different.
Speaker 2: When we're when we're talking about comfort, it's I'm a me first type person. When we're talking about life and death, it's women and children first. Oh well, sure, I guess we'll find out, won't Well, we're gonna be on the Titanic anytime soon. Well, we're gonna go on one of those little submersibles and get imploded. You never know what's gonna happen. Just go off your sauce and let's be done with it. It's just so spec drop some sauce. Oh but oh, let me say this.
Speaker 3: If you missed any of those pearls of wisdom last segment, any of those nuggets, and you didn't quite get it, you need to go back and get it. And I highly recommend that you listen to the podcast that to Walla Sharp carefully assembles every single night, because we were giving a lot of math, a lot of statistics, and you know, there were a lot of scenarios you may not have just understood at just the first time I said it, and it may have been a little convoluted, But go back and get that from the podcast, because I know if I were to put to a vote, can we limit the price of eggs and milk, probably all the hands will go up. It's the exact same damn thing, except we would be doing it with people's largest expenditure every single month. Eggs and milk are not going to go up eight percent per year. Even in the worst inflation, it was only what four percent?
Speaker 1: Was was it?
Speaker 2: Mark? I think it was like four percent? I don't know it might have been higher than that, but let's say was six. Let's say was seven. It wasn't, but let's say it was. Okay, your rent is going to go up at least eight or nine percent. I still have trouble convincing some of my friends that the high prices for groceries were the result of price gouging, no matter how many articles I send them with the corporations admitting to price gouging, get out of my Instagram.
Speaker 3: I was dueling with someone today who was convinced that I didn't know what I was talking about and clueless, and I said, look, read this is Kroger executive. He is admitting that their company was price gouging. I was like, what is it you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, what do I have to gain from telling you something that's not true about this? The evidence is right here. What do you have to gain from not believing it? Well, here there's this. Some people don't want to believe be because then it deconstructs their worldview.
Speaker 1: I'm only passing on this information because.
Speaker 3: I want to help you. I would rather you have lower rent. I'm not a politician. I'm not asking for money. I don't get anything out of this. I'm just saying it's good economic and good business sense if you spend less money or you limit how much your cost of living will increase from year to year.
Speaker 1: What is so bad about that? You know?
Speaker 3: And I'm speaking to the same people who are upset about eggs and milk, but not the rent. Eggs and milk and gas. I forgot eggs, milk and gas. Oh yeah, I think we'll go to break now.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should k if I am six forty We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Nothing gets past us. Sweet are on it.
Speaker 2: And the KOSTHD two Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 1: Live everywhere on the radio.