Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another episode of Fire Up. I hope everybody's.
Speaker 2: Fired up and ready to go.
Speaker 1: How's everybody doing tonight?
Speaker 3: Good going, real well?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben break fantastic, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, awesome. Well, I'm gonna introduce my wonderful panel tonight, my co host, first and foremost, smoking Jeremy B. How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: Amazing back to back NFC North Championship, all road run through Detroit, they got the number one seat, They made Minnesota look worse than I thought they would. I really thought it was going to be a close game, and just the difference of Alexanderloon was the difference in the red zone defense.
Speaker 2: That's all I got to say. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would agree with you. And then another one of my panelists, mister Ralph Williams, how are you, Ralph?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, Thank you, Candy. It's happy New Year to everybody, and it's great to be back here for another Fire Up. Get started with twenty twenty five and let's fired up this year. Let's get it going.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. And then last but not least, mister Pennsman Sports, how are you tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm wonderful. How are you guys.
Speaker 1: Doing doing well this time of year? You mean, let's face it, we got college football playoffs on right now. We have more this weekend. We have a lot of NFL playoff games this weekend. You know, it's an exciting time. You have hockey, you have basketball. It's an exciting time right now, right Oh yeah, okay, Well, let's start with our first topic. Let's since the game is going on right now, let's talk about it. It's halftime. It is Penn State ten, Notre Dame three. Any thoughts about the game so far and predictions for who's gonna take it at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: If it continues like this, it'll be Penn State. The running back for Notre Dame that's been so good all year just can't seem to get.
Speaker 1: Going, Okay, anybody and the other thoughts, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I always say this, there's always two halfs to every game, and you know, now we have the second half coming up. I'm sure Notre Dame's going to make some adjustments. I want Notre Dame to win this game. Not that I don't like Penn State. I'm just I'm just thinking that Notre Dame has a better football team, but Penn State can surprise you. And now maybe everybody up in State College are and what they call Happy Valley will not be Unhappy Valley if James Franklin can move on here and maybe win a championship.
Speaker 1: Pensman, any thoughts.
Speaker 5: Like I said, it's second half, you'd ever know what Notre Dames got up their sleeve.
Speaker 1: Let's face it, the first half has really been a defensive battle because totally yards for Notre Dame is one hundred and twenty two, fifteen yards rushing, one hundred and seven passing, Penn State's one hundred and ninety four with fifty three yards passing passing in one hundred and forty one yards rushing. But I think what stands out to me is I was looking at some of the stats. Notre Dame is only five for eight on third downs and Penn State is only two for seven, but they're two for two on fourth downs, so.
Speaker 5: Uh exactly.
Speaker 1: And Notre Dames also fumbled the ball, so that turnover that always you know, makes plays a role as well.
Speaker 5: No re action from Jeremy Hope, No, Yeah, the touch push fourth down.
Speaker 1: So we have a game tomorrow night. Predictions Ralph Ohio State versus Texas.
Speaker 3: Well, Ryan Day saved his job already, so, uh, you know Texas they have a good football team. Steve Sarcassian has them moving along. I like Texas in this It's going to be a dog fight though. Uh you know, we'll see what Chip Kelly has up his sleeve, the offensive coordinator for Ohio State. We'll see what happens there. And can Ryan Day keep moving just like James Franklin. Can he win this big game and move so you might see Ohio State and Penn State in the championship. You know that could happen, So we'll see penn'sman.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts like Texas? Oh, you like Texas?
Speaker 5: Okay, I think it's gonna be Ohio State. Ohio State looks too strong. Will Howard's guy together? Jackson Smith that you throw everything out and he's catching everything and slate he could probably catch a bird out of the sky if one fell out of the sky. That's how much Jackson Smith is catching the bulls. It's scary.
Speaker 4: Jeremy, your thoughts, I thought, I think we're gonna have a big ten national Championship Texas is two inconsistent. It's like a man with ivs going to Taco Bell and then going to White Castle in.
Speaker 2: The same Joey Lusso, good to see you tonight, my friend.
Speaker 3: Hey, God, what's up Joey.
Speaker 2: He's an Eagles fan that so.
Speaker 1: We'll get on those.
Speaker 5: He knows about the toush push.
Speaker 4: Exactly or theush whatever you wanted to call it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, depending on what team shows up tomorrow night. And what I mean by that is Ohio State has looked really good in the playoffs, but they they lost to Michigan. And I'm not and I'm not discounting Michigan, but I'm saying that they're a different team and they looked different playing Michigan than they did the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they said that that woke up Ohio.
Speaker 1: State and that very well be. But all I'm gonna say is depends on the team that shows up on that feel how how ready are they, how ready does they get them? So always comes to support, show support.
Speaker 3: Thank you Joey, and talking about.
Speaker 4: If we go talking about hey, you can talk about.
Speaker 2: I talk about mind when they're bad.
Speaker 4: The most valuable, Notre Dame, the real os U, Oregon State, Go Lions.
Speaker 5: I'm talked out of my boys. I'm talked out of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, Joey. I think you're gonna beat Texas.
Speaker 1: I think so too. I think so too. And then if it comes down to Ohio State versus Penn State, is that even a game?
Speaker 3: Well, they know each other, that could because they play each other. So that's a lot.
Speaker 4: So you know, if it goes the way it always has been, guess what, Yes, it'll be Ohio State whooping the dogs, not out of Fenn State.
Speaker 5: That's what happened earlier in the season, so that could happen.
Speaker 3: But you know what, though, this is the championship. This isn't the regulars or the you know, the regular season of college football. You know, when that's a whole different season.
Speaker 5: Doesn't have the experience. I think he's gonna choke.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 4: You know, they the only thing he has his experience at Fenn State, and the only experience we've seen is a losing record against the Big three teams they faced every year.
Speaker 2: They might win one of them, but they never win all three.
Speaker 4: They always get close to a couple of them, but they don't ever win it all. And I don't know if he's the coach that's gonna take him to the national championship, because he's got to get past Ryan Day, just like Ryan Day now has to get Pastron Moore, his daddy.
Speaker 1: And let's face it, if you look at like look with the stats I'm looking at Penn State's quarterback right now, he has he is, yes, five for thirteen for fifty three yards, a rating of seventy two point seven. Now that's not going to cut it against Ohio State's defense. So yes, they're running the ball a little bit more he has. Nicholas Singleton has ten carries for fifty two yards. But if you become so one dimensional, then you totally know. And Ji, I am not an Ohio State fan. I will. I am a big ten fan when it's not my team, but I am not State fan.
Speaker 3: Sorry Wisconsin, Yes, no, we say Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin, Wisconsin. But thanks Ji, thanks for tuning in. Actually we've missed.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I think if I mean, I don't know if it's a credit to notre names defense, whether the quarterback is doing as poorly as he is Drew Aller right now. But if a team becomes one dimensional, I think Ohio State's defense will take over. And I think they're that much. They're just yes, you're right, Joey. The Ohio State.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, the only university where people in the NFL and pronounce it that way. Everybody's like, I go to Arkansas State, I go to Alabama mud puppies, I go to this, I go to that.
Speaker 2: I go to the Ohio State.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: If they were the winning as broader and I could understand it, mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Kim Hiwards, Kim Hillwards still says that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's we're gonna We're not gonna go NFL just yet. We are going to I read an article Most Valuable, ranking the twenty five most valuable college sports programs in twenty twenty four. These numbers are in, and these universities produced record numbers, So I was kind. I wasn't shocked because obviously, let's face it, television broadcast rights crossed the four billion mark recently and continue to grow ticket sales, alumni donations, licensing, ad contracts, and conference distributions as a collective unit make college athletics one of the world's biggest businesses. So any ideas top twenty five. Can you name a couple of colleges you think are going to be in the top twenty five.
Speaker 4: I'm going to guess that Miami, Alabama, Michigan, Oregon, Ohio State, Penn.
Speaker 2: State, Justise Stateise.
Speaker 4: State because but that's just Boise State's more popular than actually a money maker because they have a smaller stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the stadiums in my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Georgia is another one, Florida State, possibly USC what if they had a team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, USCA.
Speaker 1: So we'll start with twenty five and we'll go down. So the twenty fifth is the Fighting a Lion I of Illinois.
Speaker 2: Right, it's actually surprising.
Speaker 3: Willingham's doing pretty good job.
Speaker 4: The reason why I say that because I've been to their stadium and thousand is less than sixty thousand, So for them to be that profitable of a program, it's kind of surprising.
Speaker 1: Remember it's college athletic program, so it's not just football.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, they got a good Okay.
Speaker 3: Is it is it based on money, candy or just the whatever's.
Speaker 1: On valuation and revenue. So Fighting ALLIONI is valued at six hundred and sixty five million. Their revenue was one hundred and forty eight million last year. Florida State Seminoles is twenty four, Stanford Cardinals is twenty three, Michigan State Spartans twenty two, Iowa Hawkeys, twenty one, Auburn Tigers twenty Kentucky Wildcats nineteen, Arkansas Razorbacks eighteen, Oregon Ducks seventeen. Sixteen is a club and Tigers. Fifteen is the Wisconsin Badgers, which kind of really surprised me. They are valued at eight. They are valued at eight hundred and thirty eight million. They had revenue of one hundred and ninety eight million, so I was kind of surprised that Michigan states underneath them yet. Then number fourteen is the Florida Gators, thirteen is LSU Tigers, twelve is USC Trojans, eleven is Penn State and at Nate Lions. Ten is the Oklahoma Sooners. Nine is the Tennessee Volunteers. Eight Nebraska Cornhuskers. What seven is Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 5: I figured.
Speaker 1: Six is the other team playing tonight, Notre Dame. Five Alabama Crimson Tide. Four Michigan woolf manes.
Speaker 5: There we go. Four, That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Three Texas and m at Aggies.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Texas ones h money, money, money, all of it.
Speaker 1: And number one is the Ohio State. They're valued at one point three two billion and they had revenue of two hundred and eighty million dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised Penn State's really not in there. They draw, well, they have one hundred and nine thousand seat stadium or something. They draw or they sell out every game. The spring game sells out, so I mean, ye know, but I'm actually quite surprised they have a seventy million dollar budget for nil.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Well Penn State was eleventh, Okay, they were That's not bad.
Speaker 5: Joey has a question for you. Why isn't West Virginia not in the list?
Speaker 3: Oh West Virginia, Well yeah, you know they can pay Richie Rod to come back.
Speaker 2: Yes, notre Ohio State being up there. That's because they have a good basketball program.
Speaker 5: I can't stand the Buckeyes. I live in Ohio. That is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, no.
Speaker 5: Ohio person, I know that like Ohio State. Finally, so the so the one.
Speaker 1: Thing that the one thing that they are talking about Notre Dame has massive TV contracts. But the other thing is Notre Dame will not have to share its fourteen million dollar playoff playout with any other program because they're not in a conference. So that's one thing that you know, everybody forgets and it has a long time to v deal with NBC.
Speaker 4: So I gotta I got a better one about Ohio State that'll make you laugh though. A guy that watches my show during the day, Ricky, He actually is a janitor at the University of Ohio State, at the State University Ji.
Speaker 1: They were in the top twenty five. Notre Dame was six.
Speaker 5: I have breaking news. I have breaking news. Notre Dame in the red zone as we speak right now. Yes, yes, look at Jeremy in their house head they turn. They are in the red zone as we speak. It could be ten ten, yeah, two.
Speaker 3: Half second adjustments.
Speaker 5: God play one half, James gott play one half.
Speaker 1: No problem, Jay, I'm all about you know. I just thought it was an interesting article that people might like to hear.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: Good article that a lot of surprising teams in there.
Speaker 1: Exactly, there was something that surprised me. Honestly, I would not have said.
Speaker 3: Auburn was the one that really shocked me, because you.
Speaker 5: Know, ja, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Jake Joey used those gold headed.
Speaker 3: You know what I screwed up. They blamed Plensman. Bensman gets the blame for everything.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: Where's Oregon State still looking for boosters? Since they were in the two pac this year?
Speaker 5: And I think we're still in Oregon.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, right.
Speaker 4: It was Washington State and Oregon State. That's all there was in the old Pack twelve. I call it the two Packs. Next year, next year it's the thick pack who.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly? Okay, well there, let's let's turn college to NFL. So we had the season last year or last week. Some of us, some of us don't want to talk about it. Some some of us probably do because there were some good games and then there were some games that you kind of just questioned. And and I get to a certain extent because I know nobody on here is a Packer fan. I understand that. But and the Packers did they have something to play for the Sea The only thing they had to play for was seeding. They were already in the playoffs. But we played everybody, and we got injured and banged up. I know, yes, yes, yes, and stop you guys FTP, stop it.
Speaker 4: I think he's talking about the Florist company or isn't that what they used to be called, the ones that sponsored all the flora's ftph.
Speaker 1: But just Jordan Love is practicing, he will play. Obviously, Christian Watson is out for this the rest this whole year, and then we don't know when part of next year.
Speaker 2: I do have a report.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's gonna be a year long recovery process because he didn't just tear the A c L he or his nniscus and a couple of the other ligament ligaments. And you're it'll be week eighteen before he can recover, because you're not just talking about an a CL now and ACL is usually like ten months, even for somebody as young as him. You're talking about all the miniscus and all the other things around it. It could be potentially be a career ender because if he doesn't come through recovery good. Yeah, her team is up against you, Joey. So she's a Green Bay packer band. She's coming to your town trying to take your thunder make sure you slap them back to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, something to show you. It's gonna be getting mailed up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Did you see it yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I have not seen it yet, but I can. I can imagine. I look at that, it's a it's an Lway.
Speaker 2: Jersey.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 4: It was easier to put it on the current Orange Crush version that they got than it was to do the old one because if I did it on the old one, it had taken a month to get it because they got to change all the setting.
Speaker 1: Yep, no problem, no problem.
Speaker 2: Candy was gotten lay bad.
Speaker 1: And jay I I you might see that picture at some point. I just don't know when yet.
Speaker 4: But oh, Joey's got it ack our bag were going.
Speaker 1: Home now, No, don't discount us, we can.
Speaker 3: You know. You know what I heard green Bay could be is the most dangerous team in the playoffs in the NFC. That's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: They said that coming up the week eighteen, and that kind of went away when they lost.
Speaker 2: To Chicago at home.
Speaker 3: Chicago. Yeah, I can't believe that.
Speaker 4: And I still think they're a dangerous team, but I think losing the deep threat of what Watson is going to be huge.
Speaker 5: No, not what Candy told me. It's not, as.
Speaker 1: Christian has been so injured for so long that we've missed him a lot of times and still done. Okay, So it just and it depends on not that not that everybody doesn't know this, but it depends on how our running game works. And if if Philadelphia can stop our running game and we become very one dimensional, then yes, but that didn't come on wrong. That's kind of funny. But there's more games Philadelphia, same Bay game. So let's talk about some of the other games. Guys, who who plays Saturday.
Speaker 4: Saturday will be the Washington Commanders at Tampa Bay, I believe, yes, and then.
Speaker 5: Steelers, Yeah, that Cargers, Texans Chargers, Chargers and somebody in tex.
Speaker 1: And then Steelers Ravens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Steelers are going to attempt to show up. They actually made a trip to Balmore. But we'll see how how they how they turn out if they show up or not.
Speaker 4: Well, remember jay I, at the beginning of the season, Tampa Bay was fully healthy playing against the Commanders who was running basically a rookie.
Speaker 2: Quarterback in his first game in a regular season.
Speaker 4: And yes, they they they did well. But the Commanders are a different team now than they were at Week one. They're more seasons, they're playing well. I think their secondary is actually a little better than Tampa Bay's right now. Tampa Bay's secondary has been so hurt this year. That's what That's why they've been up and down. They'll have a great game and then they have.
Speaker 2: A bad game.
Speaker 4: Yeahs being given nine and a half and I think it's too much. Did you guys hear about the wide receiver Jermain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in the process of legal charges. He beat his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: Wow, So you know, with him being a rookie and not even being a star and being great at what he did this year, I don't know if it was the wide receiver Williams or if it was a Iron Williams, the rook the running back.
Speaker 5: On the bright side, the Commander's got moved the football. Also, they'll be playing Sunday night at eight twenty so Sports Sunday Night game.
Speaker 2: So none of those said around Sunday.
Speaker 5: Saturday, Chargers and Texans and Steelers. Well, the Chargers play at four, the Steelers play at eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it does sound like another way where Grave roys.
Speaker 1: And then and then on Sunday it's Denver at Buffalo at one, Packers Eagles at four thirty, and Washington at Tampa Bay at eight.
Speaker 4: So that Robinson is they're starting a slot receiver at the third slot. I know who you're talking about now that you say we're Robinson. I don't think that's that's big of a deal to lose him going into the playoffs right now, because he.
Speaker 2: Is their third option.
Speaker 4: They still have Cooper Cup, they still have a couple other guys that's been stepping up throughout the season.
Speaker 2: So I don't think that's that big of a loss.
Speaker 4: If you just said they lost lost Cooper Cup or they just Loftknokua, I would one say, uh, oh, Minnesota's win in this game. But the good news is that neither team gets a home a home field advantage. And that's good because LA doesn't even have a whole field advantage when they're in so FI. Yes, because so few LA fans show up.
Speaker 1: And they did move that game. Yes, vikings rams to Arizona.
Speaker 2: Prayers up for LA in the county.
Speaker 1: Yes, prayers for anybody that is there.
Speaker 3: I think the I think the Bills are going to clean Denver's clock.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Denver's defense plays really well and the Bills defense has not been playing well for god ever since the Rams game.
Speaker 5: They've been given up a lot of points and you're missing one thing. Jeremy both Nicks has stepped up majorly.
Speaker 4: I didn't even want to get into that part. I'm talking about the defense.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, pretty well matched up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Chargers Texans is a good matchup, but the loss of Tank Dell it hurts Texans more because that's there do everything.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver is the better. I think Chargers take that handedly.
Speaker 1: We feel for your friend. We hope that everything is okay with them. It's too bad. Hopefully they got out what they wanted to get out. So but he has Jay has a question. Do you think it matters what time of day the games happen? Uh?
Speaker 4: Once the playoffs start, No, But in the regular season it means more because all eyes are on you on those primetime games because you're the only.
Speaker 2: Team playing at that time.
Speaker 4: During the regular season, the primetime games mean more because you're the only one showing in. It clarifies when you do well, it totally explodes when you do bad. The Thursday night game between the Seahawks and the Bears.
Speaker 2: That was so bad. I think I saw Al Michaels with a gun in his mouth.
Speaker 3: I do think.
Speaker 1: I do think that sometimes time matters. And the only way I'm gonna say where I think it matters in the playoffs is I think and I don't know if this is true or not, but I think that the longer you have as a rookie to think about the game during the day, your nerves, you might start slower because your nerves might be more of a factor in the beginning of the game. Now I'm not saying it's gonna last the whole game, but I think think your nerves could play a role in the beginning of the game. That's all I'll say about time of day.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: You know, because have you have you? Did you eat like you normally do? Did you is your do you have your normal routine? And did you finish it? And I'm not saying necessarily that Washington is gonna lose that is that's gonna be. I think that's gonna be an interesting game.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a dog fight playing out and simple, right.
Speaker 4: I think that I think that's the closets. The most clostly matched, matched up contest in the playoffs is Washington versus Stampa. I don't think it's gonna be a high scoring game. I think it's gonna be below thirty. But whoever wins is winning by like four or five points. That's what I see happening because both defenses are doing better about not letting other teams score, and both offenses are doing just enough to win.
Speaker 2: Is that a good take, guys? Is that what you see out of that game?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Joey Joey U So Jeremy, let me tell you how I've.
Speaker 4: Seen this baked sportscaster who's an Eagles band click Bake material saying A. J.
Speaker 2: Brown is out for the game. Then we go into a stream saying that he's not.
Speaker 3: Hey are shiit.
Speaker 2: Good to see you rx ja.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks to Jeremy participates in my shows now.
Speaker 4: Love that Megatron photo and he's actually commenting on the South Florida Tribune site.
Speaker 2: Yesh I bring people everywhere thanks.
Speaker 3: To South Florida Tribune as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, we all help each other get there one way or another. We're more of a community and the show's like this in my NFL roundtable talk is where we all get together and we become better as a whole, because once you realize you're on a show that doesn't wrap cack each other the whole time, you have a lot more.
Speaker 2: I know, I have fun on it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Any topics you guys want to bring to the table before we do my town or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Georgia Bulldogs just to quarterback has just asked for a transfer. Any thoughts, any thoughts.
Speaker 4: I don't think transfers should be allowed till after the national.
Speaker 3: Champaign, until everything has been satisfied. I agree, I've been, I've been, you and I have been preaching about that for months. I think it's just I think, uh, you know, the NACA need get their house in order. They need to start getting some structure. Uh you know, maybe even an nil cap so you know every team, you know, based on their revenue, how much they can spend and uh you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, his name's Beck. I don't know his first name, but he just that's it. That's he just he just entered it today.
Speaker 4: Anybody wowed by the quarterbacks coming out this year? I mean overall, if you look they've all had downfalls, they've all had bad games, they've all had mediocre performances year and there, every single one of them, nobody's looked like they were head and shoulders above everybody to me.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like this is one of those letdown years.
Speaker 3: Are we going to have another Tenny pick a kind of draft for it was Picket and Malik Willison and you know the other how and will Yeah, yeah, Desmond Ritter that that class that game.
Speaker 2: You know, I think and did I think?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I think Sanders is the most overrated quarterback that dress is and the only reason I think I can't Ward is the only one worthy of a first round pick. But I still wouldn't pick him before pick fifteen. That's that's where I see his talent level. I'd rather see him pick in the late round behind a team that has a bet quarterback where he could sit and learn a little bit, because he does seem to get the yips when under pressure.
Speaker 1: I I think I would say about cam Ward because I've seen him the most out of you. Yeah, he's a good quarterback. I think though Miami's offensive line and his receivers didn't help him as much as I think they could have.
Speaker 3: So do.
Speaker 1: I think he will fit into the right program. And that's what I'm going to say about any quarterback that comes out of college. You have to go into the right team, the right coach for you, because I think you can be a good quarterback. But if you don't have the right coaches' you're gonna fall in it and you're gonna you're like the Trevor Lawrence. Now I'm not saying he's gonna he was a great quarterback, but you see how the league he had, Let's face it, that year of a joke, you know, and then he had Doug Peterson. And I think the fact that in the beginning you have to have consistency, you have to be able to develop. Now, obviously you can throw like Bone Nicks. He's in, he's playing, he's doing well. But we've seen the opposite where they get thrown into early and they don't adjust because we think that the NFL it's the same game and it's not the same game as the college.
Speaker 3: And we see what the NFL does, Candy is they want these rookie quarterbacks to start so they don't have to pay them that much. They're under that rookie salary, that five year contract kind of thing, you know, and some teams, oh, yeah, hey, you know what, we'll get this guy right out of college. We'll strow them into the dogs, let them play. We don't have to pay that much money for him, you know. And that's exactly the mentality of thinking with some of these teams.
Speaker 1: Jay, what about Travis Hunter? Do you think it really is just Sanders or.
Speaker 4: If you actually go back and look at the games, his numbers against the teams that had good defenses were god awful.
Speaker 2: You know what he is. He's Caleb Williams on a mediocre team and a mediocre conference.
Speaker 5: That's why Tennessee or New York's got to get him.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be a New York Giant.
Speaker 4: They picked too early and they pick ahead of the Raiders who won another game.
Speaker 2: What the hell are they doing in there?
Speaker 4: In the game they had the one seat locked up for the first pick, and they would ahead. They said, now we're gonna beat this team and let New England have it. Then New England beat the team before the crowd can get out of the stadium.
Speaker 2: What does Robert Craft do?
Speaker 4: He fires Tomeo and says, I it was a mistake promoting him so soon.
Speaker 2: We should have groomed him.
Speaker 5: I have one more I have one more topic that I don't know if you guys heard today, but the Raiders are cleaning house. They got rid of their coach yesterday and they got rid of their GM today. The GM David breaking out.
Speaker 2: Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my my thing is got a Candy and and Jeremy today.
Speaker 5: But I just heard that.
Speaker 3: My thing is where's Mike McCarthy gonna go? Is? Is he going to go to Chicago? Uh? You know, he's the biggest probably free agent coach out there.
Speaker 4: I would think, Uh, well, I don't think he's a free agent because Jerry Jones, because the team still controls who they talk to, and he's turned down every request to interview McCarthy.
Speaker 2: And Colin Cowhard covered.
Speaker 4: This the other day and he goes said Davis morn and the mccaskeys are treating the coach search in Chicago like American Idol.
Speaker 2: They invited thirteen different people.
Speaker 4: Ten of them are going to be brand new coaches that are coordinators, and only three established ones. And the first established one was Mike McCarthy, and he declined.
Speaker 3: It, Oh, here we go, I got I got something here for you. Eric the Enemy has interviewed with some NFL teams to be head Janitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of figured that was coming. Let me know, let me get to my town because I got a good one for you.
Speaker 4: I have the full interview list for the defensive coordinators of Detroit.
Speaker 3: The shape.
Speaker 4: So does Ben Jonson. They got about the same amount Ben Johnson has turned.
Speaker 3: Down, all right, you know what it's sometimes the grass isn't always green.
Speaker 5: On think I think he's I think he's gonna stay Dallas though, I think so too.
Speaker 1: I think they met for a long time today. I thought I read someplace. I think they're working out a deal. And I don't think Jerry's gonna move on yet. I don't think he's done with Mike right.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I would like to see him stay. I mean, you know, do what he needs to do there. You know, there's more as as a coach that has a bad season like Dallas did, there's more work to be done.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, you know, my first year I started with you guys, Candy, do you remember the joke I said on inside the Skin on why McCarthy got hired by Jerry. Remember he got invited over to stay the night before, and I made the joke. I said, that's because.
Speaker 2: Jerry actually talked him into wearing the French Maids unifor him and he closed for him. He still does it.
Speaker 5: Mm hm oh my.
Speaker 2: Anyways, when are we going to Mike phone?
Speaker 3: Because I'm ready, I'm ready to you.
Speaker 2: Guys are ready.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Ralph.
Speaker 3: Well, the Pittsburgh Steelers are playing the Baltimore Ravens, and we're going to see what what this team can do. It's a whole new season in my eyes, so let's see what happens. Mike Camlin had them out there at the Actor Sure Stadium practicing again because you know, getting them ready. And I think this time the smiling and the running around, goofing around, I think has ended. Uh, so we're going to see what's going on there. Also, Uh, you know, Penguins are on another losing streak again, another one of those will lose four games, win one kind of thing. Yeah, I know, but I mean they had a losing streak going. I don't even know what they did tonight. I wasn't paying attention. So you know, but anyway, no good. Uh. They ended up four game, five game losing streak, then to win one game and go back to another one. So that's the Penguins, so you know, and now another mediocre mike so uh also uh uh you know the Jerry Jones just did another Bob Nutting kind of thing. Uh. He screwed that quarterback downer out of his bonus. You know, Bob Nutting did that to a couple of players this year for the Pirates. You know, Jerry Jones, you ought to be a shame on you man. That wasn't that much money to give that guy, and you went ahead and did that and put Tray Lanson and screwed him out of his bonus. Thanks a lot. You know, that's why nobody likes you, Jerry Ownes. I don't think you care anyway, but you know, and yeah, exactly, so you know, and uh, you know, I'm not saying Trey Lance is a bust or a bum, but you know that. You know, he's a third string quarterback.
Speaker 2: Now, so he's not good, no.
Speaker 3: Good now. And if you can't be good under Kyle Shanahan, you're doing something wrong. Because he's one of the better head coaches working with quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: So I don't think he got a fair to be good under Shanahan myself. You only got to play La Jimmy got healthy and then he was benched and he never started again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also, uh, Pitt football had had a really good transfer portal. I got some guys in here to fix some things up, and uh, you know, the basketball team got blown up by Duke. So other than that, that's all I have.
Speaker 1: Pensman, you got anything that you know that Ralph left you.
Speaker 3: For my town? Oh?
Speaker 5: He left me. One major thing.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 5: I want you guys to remember January seventh, twenty twenty five, because January seventh and twenty twenty five, if you guys missed it, the Sidney Crosby has set a new face off record by the most face off wins. So remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 5: And that's what's Mike Tomlin. It needs to get fired now or traded. I'm tired of in the contract.
Speaker 3: I think when he hits twenties, Don Pensman, I think he's done well.
Speaker 5: They need to rip it apart and get rid of them.
Speaker 2: I love the name. Does this all effect Patrick Mahomes legacy.
Speaker 4: The fact that he has a voice like Kermit the Brogue and a white that looks like Britney Spears on math.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening, Okay, mister Jeremy all right.
Speaker 4: For the Detroit Lions, I have the coaching interview list, and there's a couple of them that surprives me.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 4: The Seahawks are interviewing offensive line coach Ain't Brayley for their offensive coordinator position. Chris Fielman is interviewing with the Jets tomorrow for their GM position, which coincidentally, Ben Johnson turned down the Jets of interview requests and Aaron Glenn accepted it in interviews with them also tomorrow. And I think it's really going to hinge on who's first. If they do Chris Pielman person he gets the job.
Speaker 2: I think that Aaron Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 4: Will accept the job and then turn down all the other interviews. But the rest of us accepted interviews are Chicago Bears on Saturday, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, in the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 2: He turned down the New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: Ben Johnson, except the Chicago Bears, except the New England Patriots, except that the Jacksonville Jaguars accepted, the Raiders, told the Jets to kick crops, and never got a request from the New Orleans Saints. Other than that, Aaron Glenn did an interview and they were talking about why he likes when they fail at getting fourth downs. He goes because then I get another chance to do another stop huge hunters did y'all shout out my friend.
Speaker 2: He liked the show. And it's his birthday. What's his name? You can put it in the jat will shout it out. Carethday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Nex.
Speaker 5: I have one thing to say that Arthur Smith has interested. He's interested in a Jets interview, so we'll see if he accepts it or not. Black Rowse said, by Arthur Smith, you did you didn't do nothing, especially the last four games, he did not do anything.
Speaker 2: Well, you know.
Speaker 3: What, Alex van Pelt might be available. He's a good offensive coordinator and a good quarterbacks coach too.
Speaker 2: Put in a request about Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bears, the Bears barrel.
Speaker 5: Pete Carroll did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pete Carroll's coming back.
Speaker 4: It was Carroll actually called them and says, hey, I've got an offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator, and a special teams coordinator already set up.
Speaker 2: I want this job.
Speaker 5: And he watches your show because you're because of your pitch.
Speaker 1: And Chicago also asked to speak with Iowa state head coach Dan Matt Campbell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Matt Campbell, not to be confused with any relation of Dan Campbell.
Speaker 3: Correct, I thought that was his brother. Seriously, I did. I actually thought that was his brother.
Speaker 4: When is your birthday, Patty? Hey, Patty, you just told me when your birthday is?
Speaker 2: I'll sing it.
Speaker 1: Oh No, So I'm gonna say for my town. Obviously, we all know the Packers are playing this weekend against Philadelphia. But the team that's really hot right now is the Marquette Golden Eagles. They're the first, they're a team, they're twelve, fourteen and two, and they're at first in the Big East right now, Chase. They are playing good ball right now, better than the Bucks are playing, better than Wisconsin's playing. But good for the Marquette Golden Eagles. They're on a and I hate to say this because you never want to jinx anybody, but they're on a five game win streak. So they beat Georgetown recently and they're they're doing well, so let's hope that they can keep it up.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope you didn't just Jim Nansom because every time he talked about a streak it ends through a team.
Speaker 1: I know they played to Paul and they're ranked right now. Markeuette is ranked seventh in the nation, Paul is nine and seven. So they play. The next game they play is on Tuesday night, so they got a little bit of time before then. So let's go around the room and let everybody know how they can get a hold of everybody. Before we do that, I just want to say thank you to everybody. But that's been in the chat room. It's been great, and I love the fact that you guys are commenting on what we're talking about and asking questions relevant to what we're talking about. So thank you very much for that. So first, Pensman, how can people find.
Speaker 2: You and see you?
Speaker 5: I am on YouTube? I have my own channel. I have seven hundred and fourteen as of today. Help me get that channel up more and you can find me on x on Pensman Sports Perfect.
Speaker 1: Ralph, how can we find well?
Speaker 3: I'm all over the place. Here I have my own YouTube channel. Please don't forget to subscribe our Ralph Williams RW Media several shows on you have different topics and different shows general talk, sports and more. Also on I'm on Facebook, Twitter x Platform, I'm on Tumbler, LinkedIn, and I also have my own two of my own radio shows. On Saturday Aam to nine am, The Ralph Williams Show this week or this Saturday, we have Cletis Lee, mayor of North Braddock, to come on to talk about the US Steel nip On Steel deal. And then don't forget two to three pm the Sports Corner Radio Show with me Ralph Williams Smoking, Jim Fraser Claudier was on and Luther Duprie. We're gonna get you ready for the Steeler ravings game coming up Saturday night. So don't forget to tune in on AM twelve fifty and ninety two point five FM The Answer and also online with the Answer dot Com, iHeartRadio and the Google Punch Up The Answer twelve fifty Am. Scroll down to radio station's USA push theero and you're on the air. Check out my radio shows on my website www dot RW Media Productions dot Com and I'm also seen here on the South Florida Tribute Network Don't forget on Saturday the External Bum Show nine o'clock AM, part of the triple header of Ralph. Actually it'll be myself. It'll be me Ralph Williams, Scott Morgan Roff from the South Florida Tribune, Jeremy Balwick from the Kneecap Fighting Detroit Lions and the Soft Florida Tribune, and Leo Haggerty from Amped Up Sports. So we will be talking this week about the fired NFL coaches and who do we think will replace these coaches and on these teams. That is going to be our main topic this Saturday. Let's don't forget our bums in sports.
Speaker 1: As well, Smoking Jeremy B. How can people find you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: First and foremost, you can find my writings on the South Florida Tribune dot com ath MotorCity Triune heading, where you'll find my name underneath people such as Scott Morgan and George Aycorn. You can also find me on the South Florida Tribune YouTube channel, where I come here and talk on Fire Up every week, occasionally on the MotorCity man Mouth Shop show featured on No Filter dot net and occasionally on Inside the Pigskin where I get to talk to football, and then of course there's channel where you can find it everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's on Facebook, it's on Twitter, it's on ig it and oh yeah, Roku.
Speaker 4: In Amazon, it's decat Fighting with the Motor City Lions, where I talked Lions football Monday through Friday at noon. Also Monday and Friday night. Wednesday night is my NFL show. Saturdays is kind of an open mic reaper all.
Speaker 2: I'm everywhere.
Speaker 3: You like, sure everyone, So you are.
Speaker 1: Listening to the soft word attribute YouTube channel. If you see that red subscribe button in that lower right hand corner, click it. Like us, share us with all your friends and family, anybody that you think would enjoy any one of our shows. Tonight was Fire Up. You never know what we're gonna be talking about. Monday nights we talked baseball, Tuesday nights we talked football, and Wednesday nights on Sports Exchange, you just never know. Preceding this to show tonight was an episode of Sports Exchange where they talked a little bit of college basketball and they typically talk hockey. So if you're into those tune in next week. You just never know. So Notre Dame just scored. For those of you that are watching, it is seventeen to ten.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My husband, he's the mastermind behind Self Florida Tribune. He actually wrote a book late last year called Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. We are currently working on the audio version will be out shortly, so watch for that. There's a link on our website www dot selflordatribune dot com, where Scott writes Jeremy Right, I take pictures occasionally, I will say keep tuning into our YouTube channel and our website. We will have representation at the Super Bowl we are doing. We will be there for Super Bowl Week, so watch for what we will be posting. We are excited. This is my very first Super Bowl attending. Scott has done numerous ones in the past, but his book talks about how media has changed over the years. Go get a copy today. You can find it. Like I said, a link on our website as well. We do podcasts. Wherever you get your podcast you can find us. If you ever want to advertise or sponsor a show, you can call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine one. You can also what do I want to say? If you want to be a guest or have topic ideas, you can email us at selford contribute at gmail dot com. Last, but not least, we would do want to thank everybody that has commented, asked questions in the chat. Brent. We're not going to tackle that one tonight, but I can tell you that Ralph already said that they're going to be talking about coaches and new coaches on the External Bum Show, So Saturday morning on Ralph's network. I think Jeremy streams it Scott.
Speaker 3: Scott Yes Sports Network Group, So we'll cover that.
Speaker 1: Nine Eastern on Saturday. Jeremy, you want to take us home because you always close out the shows.
Speaker 4: Try every day to be a better person than you've heard the day before. That the only way to make a world a better place. That starts right here. Much love to everybody in the chat. I hope you all have a fantastic day, Happy New Year, and let's.
Speaker 1: Go let's enjoy some football.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, thanks everybody.
Speaker 5: I go irish
Speaker 1: By everybody