Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Dodgers have the best record in Major League Baseball right now. They won their two games, so I guess it's a short series sweep against the Cubs.
Speaker 3: In the Tokyo Series.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers come home to LA and don't play again until they do a couple of tune ups against the Angels.
Speaker 3: They'll I think Sunday.
Speaker 2: Sunday they'll play a Dodger Stadium against the Angels in the Freeway Series. Still spring training, but the rest of Major League Baseball Opening Day is going to be Thursday.
Speaker 1: Confuse, So we're playing games that count in Japan, coming back to play games that don't count.
Speaker 2: Why listen if you're going to play a game that far away.
Speaker 3: I understand they want to do it earlier.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I have a problem with the idea of playing games in other countries. It's just the travel is a mess.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of questions to follow up on the initial questions, yes, and your subsequent reasoning I get playing games in Japan. I don't know if I like opening day being in a foreign country for American baseball.
Speaker 3: I love, I love the globe.
Speaker 1: I love international travel, I love spreading, I love how.
Speaker 3: Big it is. A big globe. It's great, big globe.
Speaker 1: But like and I love spreading the game, and I love I love the idea of Shohetani and Yamamoto and in Japan and the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I love all of it.
Speaker 1: But then to come back, But then to come back and play games that don't count, I don't really understand. If you want to start the season there and play the game's account and then come back and continue playing games account, then that's great.
Speaker 4: Are they playing games that.
Speaker 1: Don't count to give them kind of a week to kind of recalibrate their bodies. These are people in the best condition of their lives. They're fine. Japan's on a heart. There's no jet lag when you come back.
Speaker 2: There's also that's the reason they couldn't do it during the season is that the amount of travel it would take. You'd have to play West Coast teams to go to Japan, so which that's fine, but then you take them out for a couple of days beforehand and a couple of days after that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Guys, sack up, you know, pitch the whole game, come back and you jump into the game's account.
Speaker 3: You're like a seventy five year old man.
Speaker 2: All I am a designated hitter, right, bunch of queers?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, yeah you said it, you said squeers.
Speaker 4: I did not mean that anymore.
Speaker 3: But if you're seventy five, I don't know. I think we're suspended. Now again, it's time for swamp watch. I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipop.
Speaker 5: Here we go, the other side, never quit, so.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere. So that now you drain the swamp, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been gun stupid.
Speaker 6: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 3: Why have the people voted for you?
Speaker 7: With not watch just a.
Speaker 2: Quick political thing. We were talking about Tim Walls being too masculine for Republicans.
Speaker 5: Everyone to say, Gary and Shannon, I was just hearing the news that it's been no not that one.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play this one, Gary Shannon. No, not that one. I'll get to it later.
Speaker 2: Somebody said that, what what they say?
Speaker 3: Where did it go?
Speaker 4: You comparaphrase?
Speaker 3: Oh? Here it is? Sorry, but I think.
Speaker 8: Tim Walls is more masculine than Gary. I mean Tim Walls he ran for vice president, was a football player or football coach. And Gary he's a wanta be t ball baseball player in Chico State graduate.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, good one.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I waited so long for that. I apologize for dragging everybody through that.
Speaker 4: What do you think he's mad about.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Someone's dad did not love him.
Speaker 4: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: President Zelenski spoke with President Trump, and according to Trump, it was a very good phone called best phone call, during which they discussed the preliminary agreement that President Putin talked with Trump about just yesterday. Trump wrote on truth Social much of the discussion was based on the call made yesterday with Putin in order to align both Russia and Ukraine in terms of their requests and needs.
Speaker 3: One of the things it was agreed to.
Speaker 2: In the we think was agreed to in the Trump Putin phone call was that there would be no attacks on the power grid, among other things. And then about ninety minutes after the phone call, Russia conducted an air strike on the energy infrastructure of a city of about one hundred thousand people in the next re Dunetsk region of Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of some watchers are calling it an fu like Russia says, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Wink wink, nod. Not all right, Well, do what they want.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do what they want.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the same thing that you get in a phone call with Kim Jong un or or even even Benjamin Nett Yahoo that people are gonna these leaders when they reach a certain level of power and ego and want in terms of territory, they are gonna do whatever the hell they want to do. Ceasefires be damned, and there's no there's no recourse for them. I mean, there are people who say Trump does the same exact thing. They'll say one thing, but he's a yes but or to whatever you're saying on the phone.
Speaker 3: But he's gonna do what he wants. It's the same guy.
Speaker 2: The difference being that there are checks and balance is in our form of government that don't exist in other places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Trump doesn't like those, and he's something his nose at that, and look no further than all the executive orders, he's over the whole checks and says he wants to be putin, to make no mistake about it. That's why he laughs when he's like, well you got rid of them, you know, it's like he I wish I could do that, you know exactly. It's like, yeah, oh, it's awful what Putin does, how he poisons his enemies, and you can't say anything against him there politically or you'll die.
Speaker 3: And isn't that awful?
Speaker 1: And yes, but there is a school of thought where there are guys who have that same DNA that say, God, I'd like to be out of a place like that, where I could just do whatever I wanted to And if if you don't agree with me, or you try to thwart whatever my agenda is, I kill you.
Speaker 3: And it's okay, it's acceptable.
Speaker 2: Trump's Special Envoy Steve Whitcoff, who's been tasked with handling this issue of Russia and Ukraine, he said that a full cease fire can be achieved, he believes within a couple of weeks. He also said that there is likely going to be an official meeting between Trump and Putin. We know that Secretary of State Marco Rubio, along with Nationals Advisor Mike Waltz, will be headed back to Saudi Arabia on Sunday. I believe uh and that it's not clear if the Ukrainians will be there as well, but that there is a potential for this to be a three way talk. That in Saudi Arabia with Rubio and Waltz there, that they could have Ukrainian and Russian negotiators in the room at the same time, which would be a major step towards some sort of a ceasefire deal.
Speaker 1: We'll see, all right, coming up next, Have you noticed that you are not taking any leftovers home from the restaurant.
Speaker 5: I have a doggyback story over good. You can tell the story. Nope, Nope, tell the story. No, it's too late, it's not too late. I got a doggie bag and asked for my dying dog, could I have some steak? And the guy's like yeah, and then you gave me French fries.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it was your wife that asked, right, So you changed it already.
Speaker 2: I told it so fast, and you realized that I'd screwed it up, but the dog enjoyed the French fright, Sure did.
Speaker 3: But it's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, when's the last time you left the restaurant with leftovers?
Speaker 3: It definitely depends on the kind of restaurant.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, you're not going to take home leftover sushi.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna take them sushi. I'm not gonna take home thy food.
Speaker 7: You're not.
Speaker 1: I like, probably not reheated tay food like pad tie specifically.
Speaker 3: But Mexican food all the time. Really, See, I wouldn't take home Mexican food.
Speaker 2: Because there are spices that they perfect that I could never do in my house. Like what dish I'm just thinking of, like a good I don't know, perhaps a molay of some kind, anything, because.
Speaker 4: I see you leaving any molay on the table.
Speaker 3: Well, there's also that.
Speaker 2: I mean that may be the issue. Is that I overeat when I'm at a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. You don't over eat. You just don't leave food on the plate. You've seen me, you don't waste. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Gary and Shannon will continue Hot doggie Bag Talk when we come back.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: A bunch of stories that were following big deal weather wise across the country. A kitchen sink storm system clobbering the Midwest. They save from the Central Plains up to the Great Lake. Strong tornado is possible around Chicago. They're saying, blizzard conditions have been blasting Nebraska and Kansas. Farther south, you've got Oklahoma and Texas facing a day of critical wildfire danger. The low pressure system that's generating all of this right now is centered over Kansas, and it's bringing moisture north up from the Gulf of Mexico. Tesla has been removed from the Vancouver International Auto Show. The decision was announced just yesterday afternoon by Eric Nickel, the exis secutive director of the event, takes place at the Vancouver Convention Center. In a statement, he explained that Tesla was given multiple chances to voluntarily withdrawal from the show. He said the Vancouver Auto Shows primary concern is the safety of the attendees, the exhibitors, and staff. Speaking of which, somebody posted on the Internet the home address of every Tesla owner in the country. Wow, as well as every Tesla showroom, every charging station and the known homes and residences of Department of Government Efficiency employees. Even Director Cash Patel FBI Director Cash Patel with the symbol of a Molotov cocktail as the cursor, and then said something as idiotic as oh, we're not saying you do anything with the information.
Speaker 1: There is a shift in the way we're leaving restaurants.
Speaker 4: We're not leaving with our food.
Speaker 1: A lot of half eaten meals are being left right where you left them. A number of restaurant tours in New York and other cities have observed this shift in behavior, that there is this what they're calling a doggy bag aversion to a number of factors. They attribute this social stigmas, the ease of ordering takeout and a return to sharing food after the pandemic made doing so taboo. So if we're at a meal and you don't finish your veal parmesan, I'm less apt to stick my fork in it and be like, we didn't finish it isn't any good, which I will do routinely and I probably did during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: I just I eat people off of people's plates.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 3: Well, you were an orphan. I was an orphan. Thank you for you know what?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: I had forgotten about that.
Speaker 1: I was an orphan, So food and security issues, no breasts to milk to be milked.
Speaker 4: There was no breast milk.
Speaker 1: So obviously the food and secure where's my next meal coming from?
Speaker 3: It wasn't right there.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: The seriousness with which I say those things is shocking.
Speaker 3: Later truly ridiculous. I'll take it.
Speaker 1: But I think that's more to do with the fact that I like to taste different things, lots of different things. It's hard for me to commit to an entree, just like the one thing the average American leaves fifty three foods fifty three pounds of food. That's quite a sting on the plate every year. Fifty three pounds. That's a huge amount of food. They say, three hundred and twenty nine dollars worth. That sounds like a lot more money. Fifty three pounds of food eating out is a lot more than three hundred and twenty nine if you live in California.
Speaker 2: Couple different reasons why they give different different restaurant tours suggest that, for one thing, Generation Z grows up with the ability to order whatever they want, whenever they want from their phones, So why bring home extra food? I mean, those people are also less it's true, but those people are also less likely to go out and get something to eat because they can get it brought to them. Now, my wife and I thankfully share the opinion that some food that you're going to eat from a restaurant, whatever it is, it could be. It could be in and out, it could be spago like what it's best eaten there. Yeah, when I was in Arizona in January, guy had ordered a steak from a steakhouse across the way from the hotel, but had it delivered to the hotel, and the next night went and had that same steak at that steakhouse, sitting in a chair at the bar and said it was a hundred times better right there in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: I think steak travels.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is that people they get in this world where they think that they want to deliver benefit is that it's delivered to you.
Speaker 4: Just because you can doesn't mean you're s it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another one says that if you take public transit, like if you're in New York and you take the subway to go to dinner, You're not going to take a doggie bag home with you. And if you're walking like in some of the I'm thinking like a gas lamp quarter in San Diego, if you're going to walk to dinner, it's less likely you're gonna want to haul a couple pounds of.
Speaker 1: Remember my parents going out to dinner though when we were kids, they always came back with leftovers.
Speaker 9: It's the best midnight snack listen. And I know that there are people Keana that's perfect. There are people who just don't do leftovers. I think Moe is one of those guys. He says he just doesn't do leftovers. There's also something about specific foods. When leftover allowed to marinate in its own goo for a twenty four hours in your fridge, it tastes better.
Speaker 1: My husband has this term for leftovers that he has used since and I used to think he was being funny, like are you joking?
Speaker 4: As I said, joke?
Speaker 3: He calls it. Didn't like it the first time?
Speaker 4: Is it pre eaten foods?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, He'll say things like, well, you know you don't like pre eating foods, And I'm like, what do you like leftovers, pre eaten foods like and he says it every time he refers to him, but.
Speaker 3: It's not even been eaten. That's the whole point is that that?
Speaker 1: No, But I mean it's like it's like if I'm gonna make dinner and then the next night he'll have that same dinner where I'll be like, I want something different, and he'll be like, well, you don't like pre eating food.
Speaker 3: He ate that already leftovers? It's leftovers.
Speaker 2: Are there specific foods that you would definitely take home? Like pasta? Definitely.
Speaker 1: I'll never finish a whole plate to pasta in the restaurant, and that's great. Reheated pasta is always great reheated' you know, like any sort of pizza, same pieces pizza in pasta pretty much the thing.
Speaker 4: But I also don't over order.
Speaker 1: If I'm in a restaurant, I'll order like an appetizer for an entree, or I'll share an entree because I could. One of the reasons I don't like bringing stuff home and then reheating it because it doesn't travel well or reheat well.
Speaker 2: I also try to avoid restaurants where the whole key is the larger portions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those kinds of restaurants. Just don't It's like the cheesecake factory.
Speaker 6: Go on.
Speaker 1: You don't need that in bed, and you don't need that on your plate.
Speaker 3: All right? Coming up for it.
Speaker 2: Is also what you watch on Wednesday, So do not forget to let us know what you have been watching. We'll do that. Coming up at twelve thirty. Leave us a talk back on the iHeart app. Just hit that little microphone. It sends us a message.
Speaker 1: Justin Wersham coming into this mess when we return.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: My mom is now laughing. I'm hoping she's lasting at our whole or.
Speaker 3: With us.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He just wrote more please missus, Oliver Twine.
Speaker 3: Good for you as a solid mom, solid mom. A couple of stories that we are following.
Speaker 2: Number one was we saw President Trump speak with President do Zallenski of Ukraine for about an hour today as they try to make progress towards some sort of a peace deal. Couple of judicial losses for the Trump administration. In one, a judge ruled that the attempt to unilaterally dismantled us AID may have violated the Constitution. In fact, said he likely violated the constitution. So Doge and Elon Musk were ordered to submit a written agreement within a couple of weeks to make sure that US a i D.
Speaker 3: Can go back to its former building.
Speaker 2: The second judicial loss came when a federal judge blocked the administration's ban on transgender military service members and issued a preliminary injunction that halts that policy from from taking effect.
Speaker 3: I love this topic.
Speaker 1: It is old school parenting ideas that this uh, this article, opines is just what today's kids need and helping us sort through it all is justin worship.
Speaker 3: Hello, touchdown? Just sports is not sports. Absolutely gave up on your San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, became a RAMS fan, and that is when.
Speaker 3: We stopped being sorry for my children. No, no, it's not my children. Okay, first five, it's not for the children. Teach your children to have some amount of credibility.
Speaker 1: And you know what, not just credibility, but loyalty, indignity, and integrity.
Speaker 6: Did it sounds like somebody's a little upset about the DeVante Adams signing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not tell your faith. I am not tell you.
Speaker 1: You think Matt Stafford's gonna you think there's gonna be a different ending to this season.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, I do because they're so great. Are so great. There it is, and now I know why she likes doing it. This is my first opportunity to trigger her.
Speaker 6: And it feels like I feel electricity in my base or it's just.
Speaker 3: Old school parenting. Oh my god, I'm like sweating and vibrating with joy. I'm not lying. This is oh my god.
Speaker 6: I now understand the power that you feel on a daily basis. What's incredible because I just said something in name to me and you just started.
Speaker 1: It's not something you said, it's the fact that you would be a lifelong forty nine er fan hand And.
Speaker 6: While she talks his forts into flipping the bird, she's just standing.
Speaker 3: Here, team and set along the ride.
Speaker 2: I live for the biggest ri that I will take the training care basically to.
Speaker 1: The Enos season stayed like five and seven at the time you decided to be a ram My son was like, I really like the RAM And then that's where you tell them that they're wrong.
Speaker 3: You not say no to your say no to your kid everything. It's like every that's what.
Speaker 1: I mean, kid wants to be a Dolphins fan when they're five because they like Dolphins.
Speaker 3: You don't let them live their life as a Dolphins.
Speaker 6: Anybody wants to be a Dolphins fan. I think Shannon's talking about herself.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows a kid that wanted to be a Dolphins fan when they were five.
Speaker 3: Issues. That's maybe like a girlfriend you have surgery in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 1: Because one is upset. She's running down the hall saying, stay on topic.
Speaker 3: No, she's not issue. Yes, oh she is my best number one. She's like, this is uninteresting.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 6: Just so we're clear, I just said a couple of dumb things.
Speaker 3: Jesus is going off.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to bring this back to the topic.
Speaker 3: But I think giving your kids, well, you have to let them throw a tantrum. Gary, let a fan. You don't have to change your You don't have to change your strife. You don't want to. The dynamic where the two of you gang up on me made my decision.
Speaker 1: You weren't born and raised in Modesto to root for the Rams.
Speaker 6: That's true, that's very true. But my kids were born and raised in Burbank to.
Speaker 3: Get what the children who cares.
Speaker 6: Listen, It's okay. They're like, nobody likes the rams like a truss me. Anybody who goes to a game knows that the majority of the people there are visiting because they came from some other city.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you just have.
Speaker 6: This like trap that brings the team in so that you could watch your team beat the crap out of the local.
Speaker 3: Team that you like. You hold up shop and I are ten years apart, almost to the minute.
Speaker 6: His birthday is also January. You don't think it's fun that parlor Tricky does where he remembers every play ever.
Speaker 3: That's fun. That's cool. It sounds like John Gruden. That's delightful, just without the racist. Give your kids space. Give your space.
Speaker 1: Unlike you two are giving you at the beginning of every baseball season.
Speaker 3: You get a little jones in for football. Yeah, and I apologize that you took the brunt of it.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: She had she had about a quiet month, so she just saw abusive girlfriend just immediately.
Speaker 3: I love you so much. You don't you don't care when I'm talking. You're not talking. When I'm talking, you're not talking. We'll get it back on track. I swear.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And that's all I'm going to say this segment.
Speaker 6: I guess we're carrying over. Did you get anger? No, she didn't get in trouble. She's just trying not to get.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin it because I really want him to get to this topic about the old school parenting manage.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we did the giving your kids space thing and the tanker let them cover that team.
Speaker 6: What I want to say about so what this was is that this guy put on Reddit, like what are some things that you experienced in your childhood that you think would be good for kids today but is not part of the you know, modern parenting style. And the first one is giving your kids space, but it's not the space that I think. It means that it's not a safe space. It means that allowing them to fail that like failure is the best teacher out there, and I would agree with that. But the second one is also let them be alone, which means you're not always around them trying to like entertain them or engage them, stimulate them, like just let them be, and it goes into all these benefits of like emotional development.
Speaker 3: When your kid gets to be bored.
Speaker 6: It's everything that everybody who grew up in the eighties feels like. The kids today don't have right because they have these computers and TVs and everything all in their pocket all the time.
Speaker 3: The chores thing is also pretty important.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've run into this a couple of times, probably more often lately, where kids don't have chores, they just have money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 2: I just have money and available to them anytime they want, and mom or Dad can venmo them or PayPal or app whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Do your kids have chores?
Speaker 2: They had very specific requirements. Yes, there are things that they were responsible.
Speaker 6: I failed at this. We started off with chores, but I could not get them. I couldn't get them on board. And I hate like throwing my wife under the bus a little bit, but she's not big on consequences, like that's our parenting fight that we have within our relationship, and I very much am and so she's just like, well, they try.
Speaker 3: Everything is about effort, doesn't matter the result, all right, Like the playoffs, You're right, you.
Speaker 6: Totally won that one. That's great. I have not won this entire two segments at all. You're right, you nailed the shit got me so good.
Speaker 3: You got me on my heels.
Speaker 1: It very easy to manipulate if you tell me I won, Even if I know I'm being manipulated, it still feels good.
Speaker 3: Oh good, I like that. That's great. That's even more fun for me to have later. I also think it's her birthday if you give her a card.
Speaker 6: My Shannon fair Fair and toolbox is getting so big right I'm flirting so many skills right now. The other one that I like in here is allowing them to experience conflict. This was something that came up with my kids is that my wife and I have had like one really big fight and we had it in front of our oldest son and he kind of started to get upset.
Speaker 3: My wife kind of like looked like, okay, let's be careful.
Speaker 4: What were you fighting about.
Speaker 6: We were actually fighting about her, But she she would treat me like a sitcom dad, even though I was the guy who was home with the kids. It was when I was working here at the radio station on handle show, so I was home with them after school. I was cooking meals and all that stuff, and she came home one day and she was like, well, you know, he thinks that you don't care whenever he has an ailment and tried to explain to me how to properly.
Speaker 3: Care for a child. Does he thinks my son?
Speaker 6: Was saying this to my wife after I had gone to bed at like seven o'clock because I was getting up at two am, and I just was like, you don't like last you guys made fun of me before, like I literally broke down breastfeeding.
Speaker 3: To her, like I had to talk about the biology.
Speaker 6: And again, I don't like this because my wife is great and I literally could not live without her. And I hate it when sometimes I talk making jokes like she comes.
Speaker 3: Across that you adore her. Don't are you doing the thing I was doing? No, I'm serious, I'm serious. I don't worry about that. No, I know I couldn't.
Speaker 6: Like I literally gave up the career I wanted since I was in first grades. I could be around this woman and these children more. But so anyway, we got into this big fight about it because I'm like, I'm not an uninvolved dad.
Speaker 3: I'm not an ignorant. Dad, I'm very engaged. I'm very aware.
Speaker 6: I said, you can't come into the situation acting like you have all of the information when you have none. And that was kind of what I was sternly saying back to her because I was offended. And so I broke it down from them and I said, listen, I go. You and your brother fight all the time. You don't see your mom and I getting upset, right, I go. And this is where I really nailed as a father. I said, I go, Well, the four of us are all living in this house together in close proximity. I go, Prisoners try to stab each other just from being close to each other.
Speaker 3: It's very similar. But I have to make their own knives. We have them in the drawer. He's like, I got my ship right here. But it was something that I noticed about even my parents.
Speaker 6: My parents would have lots of conversations, disagreements, arguments in front of me, and it kind of teaches you how to be in a relationship. I think, otherwise you don't. There's no way to model that if you hide it from them. There's one of these later on that I think is interesting. It's a side with the teacher. Yeah, sometimes the teacher is right about your kid being incorrigible or acting out in class. But just as important as that is, like hey, missus Terwilliger has the opportunity to call you out on your ass. There are times when you have to defend the kid against the teacher. Have done I have done that less than what I would expect it as a parent. I've I have fought advocated for my kid against more teachers. There's been teachers that I have relationships with that I know, and they've like, like they've set a picture of Jack when he was in first grade that he just decided he wasn't going to listen and he did a duck and cover drill under the desk, like just lay down, and the teacher texts me, she goes, this is what he's doing right now, and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: That's like a whole topic like siding with the teacher or your kid and the ramifications of both of those. I mean, it's a case by case basis. I would assume the.
Speaker 2: Context of a lawyer, Right, you are your kids, you got your kid's advocate. But in the event that your kid is accused of doing something that they didn't do. You have to have that heart to heart, honest conversation with hey, listen, I'll go to bat for you, and I'll use all the resources that are available to me to defend you. But you better go all the way down and tell me the absolute God's honest track about this, because if there's any moment that I find out that you're lying about it, or you're fudging the details, or you're passing off responsibility, I'm out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you're on your own, and you don't want that.
Speaker 6: Both of my kids have had that conversation with me where I've said, I go, listen, I go if I will fight for you, and I am involved in these schools, so the parker I will go in there.
Speaker 3: I will I will parker it up.
Speaker 1: And but like what if, like you know, I'm just thinking of something where there's gray area, you know, not like plagiarism or cheating on a test or something, but you know your kid's not showing effort or whatever. Will and your kids like I am doing everything I can.
Speaker 3: How do you navigate that?
Speaker 6: I had that where the what was happening was he was struggling in math. The teacher was not really supporting. It also happened to be during the pandemic. He was failing math, and I said, I go, okay, on Friday, that's your day that you go check in, because this was the time where they didn't have school on Friday, but the teachers had like office hours like it was a college, and you would go and check in from what you would learn to make sure you were getting. And I said, you go to her every Friday and say this is what I think I'm understanding.
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 6: Every Friday? You go talk to her. He's like okay, And then he was still failing. And I went back and I talked to her, and he didn't go every Friday, and so I had to tell him, I'm like, listen, she was definitely in the wrong. Like something else came up where he was upset about trying to make up the work and he was emotional, and he was twelve, And this was back when he got to go back into the classroom and he was approaching her to talk to her, and a twelve year old was emotional in front of her and she and he started crying and she laughed in his face. That was something that I got The admin involved, not because I was worried about my kid, but I was like, you can't let this lady do somebody else, because somebody else is to start beating and getting pitchforks and torches and want' fired because they're going to care more about this.
Speaker 3: Right. But I said you you.
Speaker 6: Took my ability to help you away when you didn't do what I told you to do. You didn't do your part, So I can't help you now with this. You're just gonna have to deal with the result and the consequence. All right, So next week we'll talk more about it, all right. I will get that together, Thank your kids. Maybe we'll do the second segment about the NFC West just in general.
Speaker 4: That's fine, Okay, I'm done, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: What do you googling?
Speaker 1: I'm responding to Debora Mark. She sent me a new sex show to watch.
Speaker 3: So poor boy. I'm so glad. I asked as always a joy when you were here. I'm sorry, just like a battered way. I'm sorry. It's me, it's me.
Speaker 2: Garry and Shannon will continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM. Six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap