Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Beautiful Bay, to fight that fight. Glad you're here, man. Spring is in the air. And I thought it was going to be snow again, probably four or five times. But this time of year, Yeah, it's just gorgeous. The snow mellets, it goes away, and then we get days like this. This is what it's all about. Glad you are here. A lot of interesting stuff to kick around today, a lot of it local as well. I do, though, I do want to start national, and because I think this is such a fascinating issue in one of the many really really good things that Trump is doing right now. And hey, I get it, I get that there is a lot of upset nationally right now about the economy. I don't think you're surprised. I'm surprised anybody's surprised to see the president upside down in the polls right now on the economy. Everybody's hurting, right, I mean, everybody's hirement fund et cetera. Has taken a hit in the last week or so. But it's one of the reasons I respect Trump so much because, and this is a great thing to throw out there to you, how many politicians, either party and in our lives have been willing to go through this, this pain and this unpopularity while while the people are hurting in order to get the long term gain. When's the last time we had that? I'd love to get your take on that. You can text Dam five seven seven three nine. Dan five seven seven three nine. But when in our lifetime is the last time we had that? And the fact Trump's willing to do it right now to me super impressive. And because he is. He he's suffering in the polls right now on this not necessarily overall, though that's going to follow right. I mean, economy is one or two on pretty much everybody's list. He's going to be very popular now, as he should be for you know, enforcing the border way it should be enforced, et cetera. But he's willing to take that hit for the long term, and I really respect that. Would have been so easy, as we talked about yesterday, right just to do the sugar high thing, just to command and again, you know, to just spend our grandchildren's money. Make this an easy term for him. But I respect what he's trying to do. I don't know enough about tariffs to say that it's going to work, but I trust him. I trust him. I trust him on the economy three or three someone three eight two five five, the number techs d A N five seven seven three nine. But this is another reason I trust him. I just love what he's doing on this front. I love what Marco Ruby is doing and Marco Rubio, this is going to be so much fun to watch right as we hit twenty six and had to the presidential in twenty eight because you have all these all this young conservative talent and so much of it now Trump has on his team that's just getting better all the time with this experience, Like Rubio, I think it's been really good for a while, just growing. I think before our eyes. In this Secretary of State role here he's talking about this Hamas supporter who wants to stay on a student visa and a green car.
Speaker 2: When you come to the United States as a visitor, which is what a visa is, which is how this individual entered this country as on a visitor's visa. Okay, you are here as a visitor. We can deny you that visa. We can deny you that if you tell us when you apply, Hi, I'm trying to get into the United States on a student visa. I am a big supporter of Hamas, a murderous, barbaric group that kidnaps children, that rapes the teenage girls, that takes hostages, that allows them to die in captivity, that returns more bodies.
Speaker 1: Than live hostages.
Speaker 2: If you tell us that you are in favor of a group like this, and if you tell us when you apply for your visa, and by the way, I intend to come to your country as a student and rile up all kinds of anti Jewish student anti Semitic activities. I intend to shut down your universities. If you told us all these things when you apply for a visa, we would.
Speaker 1: Deny your visa. I hope we would.
Speaker 2: If you actually end up doing that once you're in this country on such a visa, we will revoke it. And if you end up having a green card, not citizenship, but a green card as a result of that visa, while you're here in those activities, we're going to kick you out.
Speaker 1: Or beautifully said, right, hey, why is this even an issue? But this is the beauty of it, right, is part of Trump's magic, Scott Jenny said, it is that you got the left now, the Democratic Party right, just glombing onto the twenty side of all these eighty twenty issues. So this humas what do we call them here, hamas holes, this amass hole is going to be the new poster boy for the left, which is a beautiful thing, right because eighty percent of the population is going to say, you guys are nuts. It's going to be right up there with men in women's sports. Right. That's now I think it is. It's an eighty one to nineteen issue. We like to say eighty twenty that that's an eighty one nineteen. So you got that going for you? Three or three someone three eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Ryan Schuling does a great show in the Denver market two to four each day, and when I come in and do it from the Denver studio, I see his text. So Ryan, what is the backstory on this? Ryan? Add Danielle Jerinsky to the list of conservative women. Kyle goes after that from Alexa is Zach Kyle, what was the name of that Bronco quarterback Tim t Boyd to sit behind him for four games? Kyle Orton? Orton, Yeah, are we doing another Kyle Orton show?
Speaker 3: That was Kelly Coucheri's perdue Boilermaker Kyle Orton, by the way, No, it was Kyle Clark who had Darcy Shaning.
Speaker 1: On his program.
Speaker 4: I believe nine next he's interviewing.
Speaker 3: All the candidates for Colorado gop share and I think, much to his glee, that there's a lot of kind of infighting going on and there seems to be a disturbing trend.
Speaker 1: I observed that.
Speaker 3: Whether it's Heidie Ganall or Representative Lauren Bobert or Danielle Jerinsky or we'll see what happens with Darcy, that Kyle Clark has an affinity or a propensity to really target conservative women.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he target all conservatives? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's a little bit different on the women front.
Speaker 1: Polist, I think is a very obvious problem a Polis.
Speaker 3: It's more of an animosity for Kyle. It's more like an obsession or compulsion it's just weird. And I'll just say this once again that he's been very, let's say, eager to get a sit down one on one interview with Lauren Bolbert and she was resistant.
Speaker 4: To that, didn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: And then he moderated a debate for the fourth Congressional district in which he really just won in like a bulldog after and he ended up getting highlighted and featured on Jimmy Kimme Alive and getting some national notoriety out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it just seems to me he does that to all conservatives, right, I mean, he's got his stick for the left in this.
Speaker 3: Dan, why don't you ask Hidig and all that, or Lauren Bobert that or Danielle Jerensky that absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not doubting their experience, but what conservative man could could we get on air who would say I was treated fairly by Kyle Clark.
Speaker 3: Well, when you put it that way, true, I'm saying that his pursuit of these conservative women is much nastier, It has a harder edge to it, it's much more rabid. And I don't think I'm alone in saying that or observing that at all.
Speaker 1: Well, no doubt it's in the eyes of the Boulder. But now Polis, on the other hand, I mean, I think that's just clear to anybody watching. And that was one of the beautiful things about the last gubernatorial campaign, right. I wish the results had been the opposite. But Heidi just schooled him, just took him, you know, to the woodshed, and every one of those debates she really did, Yeah, and exposed him. And yeah, I don't think I don't think Heidi just beating up on Polis in those debates had any impact on Polis's inability to gain traction nationally. But I think she exposed a weakness of his right. And wow, three or three someone three two five five the number speaking of local and not planned out this way, but we in fact, and I'll do this after the breaks, I can play it in full. I want to play this ironically Kyle Clark's story about the Sixteenth Street Mall. And I understand you may well be listening to the show somewhere outside of the Denver metro area. But as we talk about the abject failure, kind of the death spiral of the Sixteenth Street Mall in Denver, no matter how much taxpayer money and other money, private money they pour into it, there are I think really important lessons there for all of us, everywhere in the state and beyond Colorado. And so I think it's very very useful to study this because how many years now You've been here five or six years now, right, Ryan?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 1: Yep, Yeah, and I've been here I think going on close to fifty. But the point is, it's just this never ending battle, this money pit to somehow turn the sixteen Street mall around. In the sixteenth you know, that whole area was a whole lot better at one point. But the bottom line is, and what we'll get into more detail, the bottom line is that once they decided to make Denver that literally the drug capital of the world, that the fate of the sixteenth Street wall was sealed. And there is no way you are ever going to turn that around unless Colorado reversus legalized marijuana just does a one to eighty on this whole glorification of recreational drug thing. It is just going to be the magnet, the hangout, the backyard, the gathering place for young homeless, for attics for for a lot of sad, sad stories, from around the country and a lot of homegrown ones who would have had good, healthy, successful lives if not for the drugs. But hey, as long as the left is getting what it wants, not illlegalized drugs and adults are making a lot of money, what do they care about the kids? Right, you're on the dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Pressure on.
Speaker 7: It complicates Putin's position a little bit. I don't think, frankly, a ceasefires in Ukraine's interest. I think if you freeze the conflict along the existing front lines and start negotiations in Geneva or Vienna or some neutral capital that drag on and on, the ceasefire line could become a new de facto Ukraine Russian border, which.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait a second, John Bolton, and listen. I respect John Bolton, and John Bolton sat three feet from me in the studio when he was US Ambassador to the United Nations. But I think what's happened to John Bolton, and it's happened to some other conservatives I really respect, is they get into a pissot pardon me, they get into a urinating match with Trump and then it becomes personal and then all the principle goes out the window. So what is your alternative here, John Bolton? The people of Ukraine have been raped and pillaged by Putin. Europe refused to step up and save them. I know, John's not suggesting that there'll be American boots on the ground in Ukraine. The only way evil Putin was ever going to be defeated is if Europe put boots on the ground in Ukraine. This is not complicated and Europe would not save Ukraine. So at that point, how do you move these lines now? John? How do you do that? This isn't etra sketch, No, I mean, this is Trump coming in to stop the bloodshed. Don't blame Trump. Nobody invaded Ukraine when Trump was president. Yeah, I hate to see Putin get one inch of territory, But don't blame Trump. Blame Europe for not stepping off. Three h three someone three eight two five five the number real quick on that topic, Dan, how do you think Russia is going to respond now that the ball is in their court? So to speak? It's wired. This thing's totally wired. There is no way Russia. I mean, there may be a little whaling nation of teeth, pretending, But there is no way the Trump administration would have asked Ukraine to agree to that unless it was certain was going to get Russia's agreement. And again, it may take a few days, it may look like it was a fight, but I think the fights already happened. I think Trump's already won that fight, both Lensky and I mean with Russia. I think he's already won it with Putin. And so whether whether Russia pretends to be debating this whatever, and they probably will pretend they're going to agree to it right first show they're going to agree to it.
Speaker 3: Interesting that then what happens if the ceasefires agreed to by Russia is that, for all intents and purposes, the end of the war, at the beginning of.
Speaker 1: The end of the war. I think. So that's amazing, Yeah, And I think that's why this has been so tough right now. And I'm really interested in the reports they there appears to be credibility to him that you had a number of big operators from the Obama administration trying to get Selensky to reject the Trump deal, the mineral rights deal. So but but I think what's happened here is that Trump has succeeded in getting what he wanted from Ukraine, which wasn't agree into these lines. And who knows, maybe baked in the cake is Russia gives up something on that territory. But you've got to believe, don't you sit here right now? The final deal is going to look something like that. Maybe Russia gives up here and there, and again I hate to see Putin get anything, but that's not Trump's fault. That's that's Europe's fault. And if you think I'm wrong on that, as Prime says, I ain't hard to find three out three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine Dan just joined the show. You may have already mentioned it, but there's an interesting article on the Wall Street Journal this morning about how cannabis industry is failing in Pueblo and it suggests a lot of its homeless problems due to young people who came to Colorado in fourteen for marijuana from DK and Brumfield. Yeah, tremendous piece in the Wall Street Journal. But here's what you want to notice. You want to notice you see these pieces now consistently popping up where on the right, on the left, whether it's New York Times, Wall Street Journal, et cetera, you see these pieces popping up that are starting to tell the truth about the hell being wrought by legalized marijuana. And so you know why, you know why those pieces are popping off because normally most of these outlets and Wall Street Journal editorial pages, real good but news pages, they've gone left the Yeah, I think the reason you're seeing these on the left isn't politics, right, because legalization of marijuana is a really important saying to the Democratic Party, because the more stoners you have, the more people you have dependent on government, the more people voting for the left. But here's what I always banked on because you know it's true, and I know it's true, and that is that people love their children more than they love their political party. And marijuana is wrecking so many kids across party lines. It's an equal opportunity destroyer. And if someone's lucky enough that their kids haven't been wrecked by dope, like I thank god every day our kids have avoided that. So many great kids, kids of great character, kids of great strengths, kids with great parents. So many kids have fallen into it. And of course what the left does, right with Polus's full blessing and everybody in the lefts full blessing, is they crank the potency up so high that you can't even call it marijuana anymore. It's krakawana. And you know, the old stuff that did so much damage, you know, up two to four percent THHC in the leaf, et cetera. Not now the left's cranking this stuff over eighty ninety percent. And of course that's the stuff the kids want and get most right, because you can smuggle that, you can hide that from your parents, you can do it in class, whatever. So what the left wants to do is they want to hook them young, hook them forever. And I think what's happening now, and the reason you see this coming up even through the New York Times and elsewhere, is that people love their kids. And these reporters, these editors, these managers, these newspaper owners, if it hasn't happened to their kid, it's happened to someone close to them. And everybody listening has had that experience. And it's right if you have kids. And again, we've been very blessed. Our kids have been spared all that and avoided all that, but some of their friends absolutely heartbreaking stuff. And everybody listening to the show can tell those stories. So I think we're going to see more and more stories like that. The big question is where's the tipping point. What's it going to take, say, to reverse AMENDMUS sixty four in Colorado? How and when does that happen? I'd love your thoughts on that. Three oh three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven seven three nine, because I do think it's going to happen someday. I mean, the only place Ryan ever stupid enough to do this before Colorado did was Alaska. And then what they do up in Alaska, Well, the dead bodies mounted because you get so many dead bodies from this stuff, and they say, oh, no overdoses. How yeah, but they're no less dead, like right out there on two twenty five, they're no less dead from these marijuana crashes. They're sure as hell, no less dead from what what's the latest person? I have read so many hundreds, I think hundreds, but so many autopsies of teenagers and children, you know, studying the role of marijuana in those suicides, because We've had this big spike in teen suicide in Colorado since legalization of marijuana, and right now, I think the most recent numbers are out double check, somewhere near half of all the kids who commit suicide have marijuana in their system. And by the way, those numbers are understated because think about this, Ryan, Think about what I found out when I was doing that research and I was talking to coroners, and that was you've got some counties in Colorado they're not even reporting it. You can have these kids who commit suicide with really significant levels of THHC. It's not even making it into the autopsy, so it's not making it into the public stats until it gets over a really high level. So yeah, it's it is a scourage. It is just causing so much devastation across the country. That's why you're seeing these stories percolate up now. But let's throw it out there. What would it take and we'll get to the story about the Sixteenth Street All. The reason we got off today on all the harm caused by legalized dope is because we're about to talk about the Sixteenth Street mall and what a money pit it is and the only way it can ever really be saved is to reverse legalization of drugs. We'll play that story after the break. Also quick drop with Richard Haltorf. Really respected guy. He's now entering the race for GOP chair here on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast Spring Afternoon. Let's go to the VIP line.
Speaker 1: Welcome Richard Holtorf, Colorado State Rep. To the show. Now running for Colorado GOP chair. Richard, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you Dan for the invitation. Greatly appreciate this opportunity.
Speaker 1: Well, it is our pleasure. I think everybody understands how important a healthy and thriving COLORADOGP is, especially in this kind of election year. But so tell us what why'd you decide to get in and why are you the man, sir.
Speaker 8: That I just announced. I just announced on Saturday. I've been watching the field and really haven't seen the right kind of leadership that we need to move this party forward. So I just decided to saddle up and make a difference because of the leadership experience I have. So the main reason I'm running is because I know that Colorado needs a strategic projectory that is very different than the one we have now. And I have a vision and a plan to move Colorado Republicans forward.
Speaker 1: And what is that vision, my friend?
Speaker 8: Well, I can't share all of it with you today, but I will give you some teasers, because if I tell you my vision, there's about five other people that are running for this race that I guarantee you will beg borrow and steal from me and it will immediately be put into their platform.
Speaker 6: As they run for this office.
Speaker 8: But I think I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say, pardon that would be a compliment.
Speaker 8: Oh absolutely, they say. My mother used to say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and I saw a lot of that on in my race for CD four as I presented my platform over the six months I was running in that race. But what I want to tell Colorado One I want to tell Colorado Republicans is we have to unify our party. We absolutely cannot continue down this fractured highway where we're broken into three or four different factions and we forget that the radical progressive left, so socialist, woke minded Democrats are what is taking Colorado in a very bad direction. And we need to turn our ship around. And take it in a direction that Colorado and the Colorado Electric will embrace. Because we have we are now going to be the party of the people. Now. The Colorado GOP has been a top deed organization for the last two years under its current leadership, and I got the reins of this GOP. That's going to change to the bottom up process. We're also going to work strategically.
Speaker 6: To re define the.
Speaker 8: Message and redefine our brand so it resonates for Colorado and that's all of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right about to do it. How do you do it?
Speaker 8: Oh boy, you're starting to get into the secret s in the war. I will, but I will give you a few more teasers because I know that it's important. People knows that I mean business when I talk. You know, for far too long, Republicans have said other Republicans, you're the enemy because you're not far enough right, and so we're gonna stap you. We're going to go after you because you're not with us. Well, now, under my leadership, we are going to do some very deep dive analysis in what Colorado wants. What are the fifty four percent of the electorate that are probably six hundred to seven hundred thousand voters or more in this state that are now affiliated because they're sick and tower to the Republican Party or they're sick and tied to the Democrat party because each party has gone too far right or too far left and they've lost their way. And the Democrats have a similar problem. So what does Colorado want? What do the Colorado voters want? I've got five daughters, they're millennials, Generation X, Generation Y. What do people like my daughters want who are starting their families, starting their careers, beginning to work after their education in high school and college and trying to make a living in Colorado and have their families and raise their families and live the American dream. Well, Richie, they even bothered past.
Speaker 1: And well you are asking, Richard Holt of our guests running for Colorado Cherries of state rep. Now, now you're asking all the right questions, Archer, but let's say the answer from a majority of the unaffiliated is we want legalized abortion on demand. What do you do with that?
Speaker 8: Well, you have to satisfy the electorate, and we know that that's one of the big things that divides us as a pro life conservative. I don't want that pro choice position, and many of us do not. But we have to understand something very important, and this is going to be really hard for some of the far right Republicans, that if you do not sit in the majority or near majority in the state General Assembly, and you do not have any state wide office is held governor, lieutenant governor, treasurer, secretary of state, attorney general, if you are not even in a near parody position, then the majority will do what they want and we will never be able to change that. But even still, we can still promote pro life. But understand that if Colorado and Colorado would say they want this choice and it's the Dobbs decision now that defines that under federal law, and they get to decide, the only way Colorado Republicans and you pro life, hardcore pro life, passionate pro life Republicans, the only way you get to change that is to become the majority. And your pathway to the majority is not to continue to ignore well, the majority of the electorate can't do that.
Speaker 1: Let me explore that a little more, Richard, because I'm probably among the most passionate pro lifers in the state as a former Democrat, I'm not sure anybody says I'm the hardest core, farthest right person. But let me ask you this. Are you saying then that the Colorado GOP should give up its pro life position because no.
Speaker 8: No, absolutely not, Dan, let me stop you right there. I'm not saying any about giving up our position and changing our values. What I'm saying is we need to understand the electric We can promote our values, we can persuade, and we can continue to try to champion those things we believe in, but we can't say to the voter if you don't do it our way, you can't be a part of our team, and we're not going to support you. In fact, we're going to fight you as a minority and a super minority all the way to insignificance.
Speaker 1: What would that look like? How would it be different than the current approach of the Colorado GOP on say the life.
Speaker 8: Issue, Well, first of all, the people that promote.
Speaker 6: And this is where the current regime gets it wrong.
Speaker 8: The Colorado GOP and Dan, I want your listeners to.
Speaker 6: Pay very close attention.
Speaker 8: The Colorado GOP should be like a computer operating system.
Speaker 6: I'm your computer.
Speaker 8: They are in the background, they are making everything work and everything on the screen. It's none of that. Is the co GOP standing in front of the bully pulpit, standing on the steps of the Capitol, are releasing press releases to Colorado media. What should be happening. If we should push our candidates forward, our elected officials forward, we should empower them, and we should help them so they can say the message to their voters and their constituents in their districts, be it federal congressional district, state senatorial district, state house district, or statewide. If we have an elected official that's the state wide elected official, and we allow them to resonate.
Speaker 6: And promote those things, then we empower.
Speaker 8: Them to persuade. We put them in front. They're what should be on the screen, not the Colorado's GOP. Now, the Colorado's GOP strategically should be working hand in hand. And that's the problem we're not right now. We are so dysfunctional.
Speaker 6: I don't think Dave even talks to the minority, the leader.
Speaker 1: In the House, Richard, forgive me for interrupting. We we're one minute over our heartbreak, so we'll have to hit this now. But how can people learn more about you.
Speaker 8: Well, I've got a Facebook and we're setting up our ex site holteur for COGP chair. I just announced on Saturday because of my passion for trying to make Colorado relevant again, make Colorado Republicans relevant again, and our journey has to be to elect more Republicans to offices at the state wide level. That's the primary mission of the state party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, while holding true to the value. So Richard, thank you for your time. Always, welcome back here and best of luck.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you very much, And if you want to get a little deeper into the strategy and the plan forward, I'd like to begin sharing that. So let me know if I can come next week or the week after and talk a little bit more.
Speaker 1: You bet always always my friend, open door here. Thank you for the time today. Hey, when we come back, the latest plan to save the sixteenth Street Mall? Will it works? Spoiler alert, nothing's going to work as long as you have legalized drugs in Colorado. You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Kind of venue. Yeah, yeah, no understood. And his memories I've read about those, Yeah, yeah, I just remember Seeger at folsom Field. I mean, what what a great show. Anyway, we're talking about the Sixteenth Street Mall. So here's a KUSA story. And then you got to listen to a couple of things in this, right, I mean that at least it's funny. Right as you hear, KUSA now put its its left spin on it. So when they cite all the reasons the mall's failing, how in the man, how in the world would you imagine that they would find a way to blame this on conservatives. So listen carefully to this. Okay, because last I checked, Ryan, I don't think the MERI Denver's a Republican, right, I don't think the last one was a Republican. I don't think the one before that was a Republican. I don't think the one before that was a Republican. But somehow KUSA blaming the blight on the mall on conservatives. Listen carefully, Denver.
Speaker 9: Sixteenth Street Mall has some real problems. First off, Americans general disinterest in spaces like that, they used to be far more popular. Then you layer on vacant storefronts, long term construction, some high profile crimes, and a political narrative that cities are to be feared as construction finally wraps up. Our Mark Salinger looks at Denver's next challenge, convincing people to come back to the Sixteenth Street mall.
Speaker 1: Can I comment on that for a second political narrative that cities are to be feared? Think about the assumption in that. Think about the worldview in that. The worldview in that is that you're an idiot. The worldview in that is that everybody's an idiot, truly, the worldview. To be able to make that statement on a prominent news station that people aren't going to the mall because of a quote political narrative that cities are unsafe, that the operating assumption there for anybody you'd put that on air is that people are stupid sheep who can't think for themselves, can't analyze news and facts and data for themselves and make intelligent, informed decisions about what areas are safe or not. So they're just blindly following some political leader who says cities are unsafe. So think about how you are viewed at least that entity.
Speaker 5: After spending one hundred and seventy five million dollars on construction on the sixteenth Street Mall. The concern now is making sure people actually come back to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: The experience today is not the ultimate experience that we want on sixteenth, and we need to do a lot to change that perception.
Speaker 5: The price tag for new art activities and marketing was set at one point nine million dollars today in Denver City Council money. The Johnson Administration and the Downtown Denver Partnership argue is vital to making sure people return to a street that's been filled with Wait a.
Speaker 1: Second, So the idea here is one point nine million in arts and plants, Art and plants going to bring people back to the mall. Well, that brings us back to this whole idea that there's a quote political narrative that has misled people into thinking the city's unsafe. I don't think it's a political narrative. When a visiting flight attendant has her throat slit in broad daylight on the sixteenth Street mall, where's the politics in that? Where's the narrative in that? No, you have a flight attendant shopping on the mall, Middle of the day on a Saturday, gets her throat slit and she dies in the street. So, how is another piece of public art, particularly if it's like old meth out at the airport or the venus down by I twenty five, how's another piece of public art supposed to overcome that is in hard hats for years? How do we bring color to the space things that just feel like someone's taking care of it.
Speaker 5: The nearly two million dollars would go towards trying to get people to visit downtown again. It would fund events like live music and street markets. It would pay for security to make people feel safe in an area that's seen several high profile crimes recently. And it would allocate money for art to cover up empty storefronts where businesses have moved out.
Speaker 1: This is part of a broader strategy for downtown.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Second, your strategy is not to get businesses in. Your strategy is to have some art in front of the businesses that have closed and left because you're pro drug policies. Your pro criminal policies have made a zombie land, have made it. Look at the letter from the fourteen really prominent restaurant owners who poured their heart and soul into downtown, and they are not coming at you from the right. No, all these lefty policies, these pro drug these pro criminal policies, have made it a place people don't want to go. But Ryan, that's the key. We just didn't think creatively enough. Just put art over the storefronts, the stores that have left, and nobody will notice a.
Speaker 3: Band aid on a wound requiring a tourniquet. It's a facelift and a terminal cancer patient. I mean, this is not addressing the root causes of what the problem is down there and back then and the story in Kyle Clark's characterization, it's total gaslighting. We're, like you said, the idiots for thinking there's even a problem down there. Woman gets your throat slit. You see people shooting up with drugs all the time. You see fecal matter on the streets.
Speaker 1: Well I'm not just on this street, right, you see people producing it? Oh god?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And uh do you see the one the other day the guy just running around naked up and down the mall. But no, But the point being here, the links the left will go to to deny the real truth