Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. It is happening right now, the phone call between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin. They have begun the highly anticipated call, as they say, the US looks to persuade Putin to sign off on a thirty day ceasefire proposal as a pathway to end the war. I was listening to some talking head this morning talking about how who knows what the outcome is going to be, and I was like, I'm pretty sure they're both going into this knowing what the outcome is going to be. Like we said, I guess you're like, there's going to be like either one of these guys is going to be surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It does not get to it.
Speaker 3: It does not get to the level of two heads of state like this on the actual phone together without ninety percent of this deal having worked out. According to Tammy Bruce, State Department spokesperson, they say Ukraine expressed readiness to accept the US proposal to an act in immediate interim thirty day ceasefire. So the ball is now in Russia's court. The last time that these two leaders spoke was going to be would have been mid February, So.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that a little bit more coming up.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't look now, but the Dodgers look like they could go one hundred and sixty two and oero this year.
Speaker 1: My husband, I don't know if I had some sort of weird what time was this game?
Speaker 2: Over? Five thirty?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I was like, I was wondering if I had some sort of weird dream or if I heard my husband say to me while I was still sleeping.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers won, and I think it.
Speaker 2: Was the latter.
Speaker 4: Like, I think he did that because he will he.
Speaker 1: Wakes up before five, a little before five, so that would make sense that he would then wake me up with the Dodgers one.
Speaker 2: They like care computer over here? Is this thing on there? It is there?
Speaker 5: And can a man aboard for a Tony speaking of baby Ruth scorched through the right side and it's Ashani. That's the first hit for the Dodgers. Paez goes first to third mare and he delivers for these fans as he always does. One hundred and seven off of the bat of sho Heyo Tani happen.
Speaker 2: I mean that again.
Speaker 3: And then the second hit he got I think it was in the ninth inning, also one hundred and seven plus off the bat.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's an incredibly hard hit ball seeing or something.
Speaker 3: If you're playing, let's say the the infielder that's farthest away from you from from sho Heyo Tani would be shortstop, probably because he's in the left hand batter's bock. That's still on you so fast you can't you can't. I mean, one hundred and seven miles an hour off the bat is not the record, obviously they get up to one hundred and eighteen, one hundred and twenty, but it's massive.
Speaker 1: This is one of those players generational where you're seeing something, You're seeing something that will be talked about for a very long time. You know those players, whichever sport you're talking about, just the phenoms, the people who stand out, the people who are just built differently, whether it's dedication and built differently, and all of the things.
Speaker 4: He's got every single box checked.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman was a late scratch too.
Speaker 3: After batting practice, apparently, Dave Roberts said that he wasn't going to go and they don't know what they'll do in a few hours, in twelve eighteen hours when the next game is played in Tokyo.
Speaker 2: If he's going to be in the lineup or not.
Speaker 3: So they got shut out in their exhibition Sunday, unfortunately at the Tokyo Dome, but that the crowd was insane. David Vasse founded in his heart to talk with Amy King this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh really, well, whoopede Everen dow don't be a hater.
Speaker 4: And he bailed on us yesterday.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see him when he comes back, shows his face around here.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he will.
Speaker 4: It's gonna have another thing coming.
Speaker 6: You know what he said about the fans, He said, they're so different than in the US because they.
Speaker 4: Are very polite and very quiet.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 6: When we were talking, he goes, you can hear it. We're in a stadium of fifty five thousand people and you don't hear a thing except when like somebody does something.
Speaker 4: But they just sit there very quietly.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 6: Interesting, And the stadium holds like fifty five thousand, and it was you could tell.
Speaker 1: I was watching the game during wake up call. I mean, it was full. What a wonderful people.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't have the guy next Sia farting and spitting his mustard out the side of his mouth, bitting up his beer.
Speaker 2: Farting been an issue with Dodger Stadium for you. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about. Those seats are booing. The seats are so close together at Dodger Stadium, Like clearly the stadium was built for a smaller people. And every I mean everyone, everyone is hard. It's hard to fit into those things.
Speaker 2: Everyone spills out.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're very close together at Dodger Stadium. I don't think I'm the first person to notice this show.
Speaker 2: Hey doubled single scored twice last night.
Speaker 1: I guess this morning it'd be better if everyone was quiet, is my point.
Speaker 3: Chenova Yamamoto and Shota Imanaga both pitched pretty well the first all Japanese starting pitching matchup on opening day in Major League Baseball history.
Speaker 2: Imanaga through four scoreless sennings. He allowed no hits, but he walked four.
Speaker 3: So Roki Sasaki is going to take them round the mound for the Dodgers tonight against Justin Steele, who is not Japanese. By ancestry that again first pitch just after three in the morning. There is We've talked before about this new podcast that Avenus is doing called This.
Speaker 1: Is Gavin news So I thought it was a great idea where he sit the premise as he sits down with the Republicans and they kind of hash out or talk about things they disagree on. I love this idea. I love the premise of that. I think there should be more of that. Instead of just turning off your ears when you know somebody isn't gonna say what you want them to hear, why do they think that way? I think that is very helpful, and he's doing that well. Now the Democrats are pissed at Newsom for doing just that because he.
Speaker 3: Thinks they have said that he's giving a platform to someone like Steve Bannon.
Speaker 2: Well, Steve Bannon has plenty of plenty.
Speaker 1: Of platforms to how about understanding why Steve Bannon and Steve Bannon?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I've listened to two of the three. I don't know if there's one that's out today, but I've listened to two of the three, the one with Charlie Kirk and the one with Steve Bannon, and it's clumsy, and it's Gavin Newsom being a little bit too. He's acquiescing a lot of these points to these conservative guys because he wants the conversation to continue. So it ends up being a little bit clumsy in terms of Gavin doesn't have an opportunity to defend his position as a more progressive liberal.
Speaker 2: That's on him.
Speaker 1: That's on him and his debate style or whatever which or speaking style.
Speaker 2: And he's kind of laughing off some of the conflicts that comes.
Speaker 1: We'll send a stronger Democrat than to the governor's house, Send a stronger government, a stronger Democrat to take on Trump. Send a stronger that's your answer. Maybe it's good for a little soul searching of realizing that Gavin Newsom is not the guy you want to run in twenty twenty eight. How about that? Because I don't think he can hold up nationally. But the California Democrats love this guy. They think him and Kamala Harris are just still the best thing ever and good for you. But they don't hold up and they show us that. So why not pick somebody with more balls and a brighter freaking brain? Coffee today a lot really well, not more than usual.
Speaker 2: Seems like it really Yeah, maybe it's some shoes. It might be this shoes. Shoes give you attitude.
Speaker 3: This is up next, we'll get what we know about this Trump and putin phone call that's been going on for a couple of hours now and how it could impact what's going on in Ukraine.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: I talked to my mother this morning on my way here. She tells you hello, ah.
Speaker 1: And she watched the iHeart Music Wards last night.
Speaker 2: Did she see us in the cross?
Speaker 1: She wanted to know if we went. I said, Mom, No, we're very low on the tote on pole. She's like, but you want that one time? And I was like, yeah, that's because they had extra tickets, like too many extra tickets.
Speaker 2: Anyway. She gave me full run down, full review.
Speaker 1: She loves Billie Eilish, the new Mariah so Over, Taylor Swift, she said.
Speaker 2: The new Mariah Carrie meme.
Speaker 1: She said, Mariah Carey is what she is. Those were her words. It's like, Mom, what's your freaking mouth?
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty astronauts are on their way home now.
Speaker 3: Nice astronauts, Butch Wilmore Sudia Williams are in that SpaceX capsule away from the internet.
Speaker 1: It's the first thing you would do. This is a good talkback idea. If you're the astronauts, you were going up there for ten days, you had to stay for ten months. What is the first thing you do upon arrival. Let's just say your body can handle anything. Let's not get into the like, you know, let's not have plausibility here, Like, let's let's just whatever you want to have happened. If you want to eat spaghetti and meatballs, pretending your body could handle it, Okay, you want to you know, obviously a shower, that'd probably be like the first thing you'd want is a nice long shower.
Speaker 2: I do think so.
Speaker 3: But I also think that they have been up there for so long with so many other people that probably their nose blind.
Speaker 2: M I mean, just just.
Speaker 1: The feel of like having a shower, okay, would be that. But uh, but what would what would be the first thing you would do?
Speaker 2: I think food? Food?
Speaker 3: What would you eat good food, like specifically big thick Chicago style pizza, really something like that.
Speaker 2: What would be your toppings? Probably a couple of meats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a sausage pepperoni situation.
Speaker 3: Yes, or meatballs or meat. But but the sausage and the pepperoni would be good. Okay, Yeah, that's what I would go for, all right.
Speaker 4: What would you drink?
Speaker 3: Probably an ice cold soda of some kind of a soda, not like an ip a. Definitely, not a ha that makes you flatulant.
Speaker 2: There'll be time for that.
Speaker 3: I just feel like whatever, just the soda, the soda, the carbonation, sweet soda like, yeah, a real sugar soda, not a corn syrup soda.
Speaker 4: Like a Mexican coke.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that sounds good right now.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, Okay, well you haven't spent ten months in space.
Speaker 4: I'd like to point something out.
Speaker 1: I was just in the kitchen and I on one of the refrigerators that said something like.
Speaker 3: It's pie Day, Pie, Pie Day, pies right.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yay, us we ignored pie Day and we ignored Saint Patrick's Day pretty much on the air. We did not mention, oh, green beer home, you're gonna have some corn beef, or like, no, what kind of pie is your favorite?
Speaker 2: Pie? Is it? Three point one?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 2: Five two? How far can you.
Speaker 1: Go like, we didn't do any of that stupid crap. We just we were not hack at all when it came to those two days, and I applaud us. We didn't play any Irish music, We didn't do all the silly things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yay us. Yeah, we're not the morons that you think we will.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't go that far, but we didn't rest on easy things to talk about on the hack days.
Speaker 3: We know that President Trump has been speaking with Russian President Vladimir Putin about ending the war in Ukraine. That call started at about ten o'clock Eastern time. The White House spokesperson said that eleven thirty Eastern time it was still ongoing. So if it is now still ongoing, that'd be about two and a half hours worth. But it comes right after Trump said last night that many elements of a final agreement have been agreed to, but much remains. The last time that they spoke, as I mentioned before, was back in mid February. The update has yet to come out from the White House about what exactly how long this phone call has lasted, et cetera. But we will keep an eye on that, and that's obviously something we're going to talk about we get into swamp watch a little bit.
Speaker 1: Also in Washington, President Trump says the files related the assassination of JFK will be released today. Whatever files remain that are going to be released. He was touring the Kennedy Center yesterday. He said around eighty thousand pages will be released. He said a lot of Americans have been asking for this for a long time. Also, of Trump's generation, a lot of people are obsessed with the assassinations of JFK, RFK. You know what kind of you know, infiltration was there, with the mafia and the whole bit. It's a very generational obsession.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Kennedy assassinated in Dallas in nineteen sixty three. He also floated something like maybe I'll host the honors here at the Kennedy Center. I've been very busy. I haven't been back here for a long time. And like some of the mainstream media sources lost their freaking mind that he would host the honors. It was like, I get good writings, like he says things sometimes just to blow up people's minds, like like who adds the Kennedy Center honors so freaking dear to their hearts, you know, it's like.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 3: The other big developing story is that the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court has come out. You remember Trump had called for the district judge who put on hold the Alien Enemies Act from seventeen ninety eight. That's the act that the president invoked to kick out a bunch of Venezuelan gang members, et cetera. And then he the judge, had said stop and bring the planes back. Trump called for his impeachment. The Supreme Court Justice, Chief Justice John Roberts said, quote a very rare public statement. For more than two centuries, it has been established that impeachment is not an appropriate response to disagreement concerning a judicial decision. The normal appellate review process exists for that purpose.
Speaker 1: I think it's fascinating that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court commented on was it a truth social post?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's where we are.
Speaker 1: That's where we are. But I know, I just think it's it's definitely fascinating.
Speaker 3: Uh don't look now, but Gaza is being bombed to smithereens again by Israel. We'll talk about what's going on there and why this is such a step backwards, giant step backwards.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've got a fetish murder coming up.
Speaker 3: I I've okay, we've talked many times.
Speaker 8: I can't even begin that whole story about what he wanted done to. I think that you and I can agree. In the Gary Shannon Life Tutorial.
Speaker 2: There is a world out there that if.
Speaker 1: You're into a fetish, you are opening yourself up for a little bit of danger. Yeah, and we can get into that throughout the show.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. The biggest story arguably today is this phone call taking place between President Trump and President Putin.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen much from the White House about one. I have an update. The call has ended.
Speaker 1: I have an update from the White House. Okay, good, the White House is the call has ended.
Speaker 3: Went well, okay, great, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yesterday Trump said to reporters, it's a bad situation in Russia, and it's a bad situation in Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Oh he's you know what, He's really nailing that down, isn't he.
Speaker 3: A Foreign Ministry official in the Kremlin said that any peace deal that they work out would have to guarantee Ukraine's neutral status and Russia does not want to have any sort of European peacekeeping force on Ukrainian territory.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was what.
Speaker 3: Was discussed, but that is we will expect some sort of readout, maybe from the White House a little bit later when they give an updated news conference. The other big deal is that is that Israel has launched air strikes across Gaza.
Speaker 1: They say at least four hundred and four Palestinians were killed, women and children. So that ceasefire obviously no longer shattered that thing. It's been a place since January, but it looks like that war now and it's seventeenth month, has been reignited. Netna who ordered the strikes because or after Hamas refused Israeli demands to change the agreement. Officials said the operation was open ended and was expected to expand. Now you wonder about the kind of changing nature of this ceasefire or what Netna who wants to be a changing nature and what Putin asked for on the phone today with Trump in terms of a changing nature of a ceasefire.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a little bit confused about this because you've got still a couple of dozen hostages that are being held by Hamas, and the group that has for the most part represented the families of those hostages have accused the government of backing out of the ceasefire deal, saying that it chose to give up on the hostages. A group called Hostages and Missing Families Forum said, We're shocked, We're angry, We're terrified by the deliberate dismantling of the process to return our loved ones from the terrible captivity of Hamas. So then Yahoo has to make the decision does he prioritize the safe return of hostages or does he continue to punish Hamas? And I don't know if you can do those two things at the same time. There was also an indication, at least in the Israeli press, that the belief amongst Israeli intelligence was that Hamas was mounting efforts to do another incursion into Israeli territory. I don't know how, I don't know what kind of resources they have to mount another attack. That would be an echo of October seventh, But that's basically all it would be is an echo. There's no way they have the resources to do something of that scale. Again, that's well, we'll.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know you, but even in the past month or so, since the ceasfire has been in place, it has been obviously kind.
Speaker 4: Of precarious, if at best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, did anyone ever really believe there was going to be peace in Gaza?
Speaker 2: Well, and it's one of those things.
Speaker 3: The safer bed is always that there's going to be an the ceasefire will break down right in that part of the world. That's the same thing Destionately, not a shock. It's happened for hundreds if not.
Speaker 4: Exactly why now why the piece?
Speaker 3: Now, if you use either Gmail or Outlook, and just about ninety eight percent of the people I know use it either one of those.
Speaker 1: I was stoked when I saw this because I don't use Gmail, but Outlook is my company email, and if they want to hack into that, by all means hack away, leave nothing.
Speaker 2: Clean out some of that junk mail that you get every.
Speaker 4: Day, leave nothing behind.
Speaker 1: If you could just get rid of all my work email, that would be great.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about what the FBI is telling you to look out for when we come back also let us know what you would do in the event that you had been stuck on the International Space Station for eight months and had to come back.
Speaker 4: I would go get my eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Whack yeah, yes, break Garan Shannon Love the show.
Speaker 4: The first thing I would do upon returning to Earth would be to have an ice cream cone, barefoot.
Speaker 2: And a nice grassy lawn. Just steal that grass. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I was totally also thinking about ice cream. That was the first thing I said to Keana ice.
Speaker 2: They've got ice cream up there, do they? I mean, it's not great, but it's like dippin' dots. I love.
Speaker 1: I do love dippin' dots. I'm not going to turn those away, I know not at spring training.
Speaker 3: They don't shower up there micro gravity it doesn't work. But they do make your own ice cream. They do make you They do have sponge bath. What type of cleansing rituals?
Speaker 4: Ice cream?
Speaker 2: Nothing. I'm just you were asking about bathing and you take a shower.
Speaker 4: For the first time, I had moved on to ice cream.
Speaker 2: I know each ice cream in the shower.
Speaker 6: I would drink beer and play and love my dog.
Speaker 1: What would she play? Yatzi she play with her dogs. Oh, I see play and love her dog Scott. I thought she meant play and then we didn't hear what she was gonna play, Bridge, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let us know what you would do. You could send us a talk back on the iHeart app. When you're listening on the app, just hit that little microphone button and you can send a quick message to us about what you would do on your first day back on the solid Earth.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: I have a story.
Speaker 1: One of my friends texted me and said, have you heard about the Dwarves and the CGI.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked about this movie. We have not, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I know we've got a full show here, but I'm throwing some I'm throwing out the tsunamis. We'll get to the tsunami risk areas. If you're in them, you're probably screwed. But that's not as important as the dwarves because it's not just one angry dwarf, it's several of them. And if there are several angry dwarves, things go out the window. And right now, the tsunami risk is going out the window. So we're going to get to the Angry Dwarves and the CGI coming up at ten thirty is that, okay, we'll just bump the tsunami risk areas essentially.
Speaker 2: Marina del Rey, Long Beach.
Speaker 4: You're screwed. You're gonna die if there's a tsunami.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: We did it. Angry Dwarf news coming up in less than an hour.
Speaker 3: Our astronauts are do beck right before three o'clock our time is when they are expected to touchdown in the waters just off the coast of Florida. And we were asking, what do you think is going to be the first thing that they do?
Speaker 4: The first thing I would do would be to get a shower.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine nine months of not getting to bathe myself or wash my hair.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have showered this morning and it makes me want another shower.
Speaker 3: Already need another one. They do, like I said, they do a sponge bath, uh procedure. I don't know what what you'd call it, but I can't imagine that. It's very yourself with wipes before. Haven't you sure like camping or something using those like uh, you know, no, none of that that to me is less refreshing. I'm just gonna sit in my own state a few days.
Speaker 1: So I've done that, just just using those uh you know, the people use them to wipe their butt these days, but they used to be baby wipe, a baby wipe exactly. They used to be used for normal things, not toilet paper that's clogging the drains and going out and killing all the animals.
Speaker 3: They are not safe for your toilet, despite what the label might say.
Speaker 2: They're just not. They are not Good morning, Gary Shannon, How doesn't mind? The first thing I would do? Turn on Gary Shannon? Oh, thank you, dessert. Mike gets in a war.
Speaker 3: Although they do have internet access to the International Space Station, so they could be listening right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure that's exactly what their priority would be.
Speaker 3: Federal authorities are warning users of Gmail and Outlook and other popular email services about a ransomware that's linked to a group of developers that have breached a bunch of people's data already, including medical, education, legal, insurance, tech, manufacturing, et cetera. This ransomware variant is called Medusa, first identified a few years ago, announced on March twelfth, it's part of an ongoing stop ransomware effort to publish advisories. They said the cyber attacks as of last month have already impacted more than three hundred victims. The developers usually recruit access brokers. They'll pay them between one hundred bucks and a million dollars to work for them, and then those affiliates use common techniques to get into the day of these potential victims, phishing campaigns, exploiting the unpatched software vulnerabilities, et cetera. One of the security software companies, Somemantechs as a group called spear Wing, has been operating all of this. They've victimized, victimized hundreds of people, and in addition to getting access, they said, they're hijacking legitimate accounts, including those of healthcare organizations.
Speaker 2: So how do you do it?
Speaker 3: Well, develop a recovery plan, maintain multiple copyy copies of sensitive or proprietary data. All accounts should have password logins. Employees of companies should use long passwords, and they should be frequently changed.
Speaker 1: We changed this is enough for me not to use our outlook. I think this is enough where I am going to use my personal responsibility and never respond to open up outlook again, just to keep everyone safe around me here at work.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you somebody butt dialed me from the sales department yesterday. Really yeah, lengthy three and a half minute voicemail.
Speaker 2: Really yes, Was it meant for you? No? No, not at all. Who was it meant for?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, but there was talk of attorneys and like, g really.
Speaker 2: Nothing it was.
Speaker 3: It was a personal call that this person was making. It wasn't company related.
Speaker 1: Was it like about their divorce or child custody? Anything good?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I think it had to do with like a home repair something luring.
Speaker 4: Luring, So that's funny. Uh, yeah, three and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, nobody likes a voicemail anymore anyway, let alone a call, let alone a voicemail. But if you're going to leave a voicemail, you got to get in and get out. No one's sticking around for three and a half minutes.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: And all the time that we worked with this person, the majority of phone calls have been butt dials from this personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple, is it elderly?
Speaker 3: A couple that I can think of that we're actually legit calls about clients or commercials or something like that. But the majority of calls from this person in my career.
Speaker 1: Have been But I don't think I've ever gotten a call from an AE that speaks a lot about a lot of things.
Speaker 2: It's because you don't answer their emails. Right, we'll talk about those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you expect when it's that color? This juice that you're doing.
Speaker 1: It's a juice. It's pretty tastes you know what tastes like celery? Probably celery is good for you.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't like that you're doing this. I feel like you're good. I don't know what you're reaching for here. But hey, I all health. How do you pronounce it? Maha?
Speaker 1: Hey, I've got a actor, popular actor, don't look it up, who has gotten a lot of votes to run for governor in California. Really an actor who had a falling out with society.
Speaker 2: Mm on voight, No, what did he do? Things? Just more conservative than a lot of Hollywood. It is on the Republican ticket.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we'll talk about that. Amy King is gonna have an update on the news right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.