Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 1: Its to make life easier, new.
Speaker 3: Technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now you're high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are listening, you for spinning an hour or two, even if you spend five and a half minutes. Actually, I think we want you for fifteen minutes because according to our personal people meeting with Nielsen's, I think that's how we get counted for ratings. So hang in there for a few more minutes. People, we can use all the ratings help we can get. It is Michael Michael Garfield. It's called the High Tech Textan Show. I swear this is so much more than just technology. I do not geek out. Nope, we make technologies sexy along with so many other consumer products. It is an interactive show. It is a call in show three four six twenty nine Texan. You can give us a call callum read may be happy, maybe not be yet. Maybe I don't know you cranky callum, drink some coffee. He may pick up the phone, he may not feel free to interact. Also online high tech text and Hi g h T E h T e x A N on the Instagram, on x slash, Twitter, Facebook, you could even find me and email me man. I never thought email would be low tech, but high tech Textan dot com Michael at high tech Texan dot com. It's one of the as many ways that you can reach out. It's kind of the middle. I guess it's the end of winter doldrum. We've been through the Consumer electronics show in early January. Covered a lot of the products. There nothing certainly back to school that doesn't happen until late summer early fall. Not a ton of products are being released. We did get some news last week about the new low cost and I'm using air quotes Apple sixteen E. It's not that low cost, but it's the lower level version that's coming out. Got some news from Amazon. Amazon is upgrading after all these years, they're alexa. I will tell you about that in case you still have the old school like Echo dot like I still do. Finally getting a little Ai Alexa AI having a little merger, which is about time too, along with some other goings on. It may not be busy in the tech tech world, but we're going to entertain you. But there's a lot of stuff happening in the local regional entertainment world for all of those listeners living in and around the Houston Dalveston area. We have got the kickoff the opening this weekend of the World Championship Barbecue Contest. I go every single year. I am I'm actually, I'm honored. Is that the word? I want? Honored? To be a judge, I judge to judge the best barbecue. And I got on this judging circuit, this particular one, eight to ten years ago, and this is the one you don't want to get off. And I don't even drink, I don't even eat a lot of red meat. But this is the one you want to be on because people fight tooth and nail to get on this thing. And so that will happen late Saturday afternoon when we get off doing the show live plausibly live. Yesterday I judged some junior steak thirteen year old kids. The rodeo was kind enough. They do this every year. They give them little tiny Weber grills and the kids by themselves, they file ay a piece of steak. And I was one of the celebrity judges there. And if that's not your cup of tea, Marty Gras is going on, and yes, we have a lot of New Orleans and Louisiana listeners have fun. I've never been to the real the wal Marty Gras parades in New Orleans. I have been to the ones in Galveston, though, And this is the second and final weekend of the Galveston Marty Gras. Last night was a parade, and there is I think Saturday is the final parade. And it does get fit. The weather should be decent. If you've never been, go down. It's in the Strand, which is kind of the downtown area. You buy a ticket to get to the Prairie parade route. You can get up to the balconies if you know someone. But that's a blast and a ball. We gave away some tickets last week to the Marty Gras, so if you didn't win, sucks for you. But you can still go down there for Marty Graus. Galveston, so lots of things happening in the world of having fun as we I guess ring in springtime almost past week or two across Texas. It with a little chili. Now we're just eating chili and drinking a a lot of brown water and a lot of beer, because that's what happens this time of year. You know how to get a hold of us and we have an other Do we have anything to give away? Don't have anything to give away? Oh, by the way, what I do want to mention this if for some reason today, well Saturday, and if you're in Houston, and if you want to celebrate Marti Gras and you don't want to hit Marty gra Galveston, there is a big Marti Gras part hey, and I'm talking big stuff and it is crawfish, potato, sausage, corn, perfect for the season in the weather. It's a big family affair. It's at Patterson Park. Patterson Park. It is a it's an indoor outdoor massive bar, and I don't want to call it a sports bar, even though they have like forty plus TVs. I hung out there a lot in December to watch a lot of the foot college football games and the bowls, the UT games, starting at twelve o'clock. Spicy crawfish nine dollars a pound. That's pretty good. And you got you know, as I said, potatoes, sausage and corn, big music, Bring the kids. They have complimentary face painting from two to four pm in the afternoon, and you can you know they're gonna paint the character favorite Marty GK characters. And there's just a fun atmosphere too. There's a lot of traditional New Orleans drinks, the Hurricane, the Dakri, the sazaraq Go Celebrate twenty two oh five Patterson Avenue. So it's on it ten, not far from downtown the Heights area, just near Shepherd if you know where that is, it's a Patterson It's just just north of By ten. And so Lonnie Schiller and the team do a just they do a great job. So happy Marty Grass from Patterson Park. But I actually may run by there. I won't get there at twelve, but I may. I may buy there, but run by there. I'm gonna do a two for I may do a drive by at Patterson Park Marti Gras party, and then I'm gonna go on site to NRG Center for the World Championship Barbecue Cookoff contest. This is just not it's not a local week people. It's fun, it's all get out, man, but it's just it's just not a low cow week. Favorite barbecue restaurants, favorite barbecue recipes. Let's talk about it. I told you this isn't just about a tech show. His a lifestyle show. Three four six two nine T E X A N. No matter where you are, you can get to us. I will say this. I this past week has been kind of sad. Some sad news. We've I heard that the Pope is not doing well, has some some sort of a respiratory respiratory illness. He was on a he was you know, helped being you know, on a brief breathalyzer breathalyzer, but anyway, it was a breathing apparatus. So the Pope, we hope he does well. The Pope is kind of down for the count for a bit, as so as pop And I'm talking about Greg Popovich, the San Antonio Spurs legendary basketball coach. He's not coach for the rest of a season because he's not doing well. But the worst of the news that I heard Hooters may file for bankruptcy, and folks, I am beyond myself. I'm just it's I can't even take it. So we've got the Pope, we've got pop, and we've got puffers all in the Newspeople. Yeah, I was telling me, I listen, I like Hooters easily, some of the better wings I've ever had. And I am you know what, this is not a dude saying this. I don't care if the male general This is not an endorsement. By the way, it's that Hooters does not pay me. And I have not been to Hooters in a while, but back in the day when I used to take my three boys there for their birthdays. I am not kidding him. I love their wings. I don't care if the male general manager, who is a dude, I don't care if he served me wings. I didn't need any. But you know, females in the short dolphin shorts, this is no sexist thing. Whenever they had some dang good wings, they had the Bentley wings in fear that that was the hot wings. I love this stuff. Man. How was the place to be? How are they bankruptcy? I told my kids because they all sent me links. Oh my godness, remember we went here for our birthdays. They're frolling for bankruptcyes. A bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean they're going to shut down. They can reorganize. Actually, I guess it's kind of a boot lift, is reorganizing. We've got to keep this show clean, very clean. People. You know the number. When we come back, I'm got to tell you. I saw I'm going to tell you about the new Alexa update. If you do have an Alexa and you use it, and I'm just probably setting off every single one of your Alexa machines in your house right now, I apologize. If you do have that virtual assistant, I will tell you what Amazon to just update it. There is a cost, but there is a free way to get these upgrades. But there's also some whole devices that are not going to get this upgrade. Plus the NFL getting ready to get into my technology world. The NFL just announce they're using some new tech next season. Can't wait to tell you about that. And I just hope it helps the cowboys. That's all I really care about. Michael Garfield, Welcome to the High Tech Text and Show. If you were watching the Oscars this Sunday night, I've long watched the Oscars, not nearly as much as I did when I used to go to the movies when I was growing up so much. I mean, I've watched it because the problem is, I of all the Oscar movies that are nominated for Best Pick, they may not have seen one of them. I don't think I didn't see a wicked I didn't see any of this stuff. Nope, I haven't done all.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I had Sunday Night Conan O'Brien, pretty funny. It's hosting the Oscars, and listen, I love him saying and hosting. I do that. It's a big part of what I do. Good business model for me. I travel the country, give me a microphone, put me on camera, whatever it is. My job is to fire people up, keep things on time, stretch when I need to stretch. I don't know if I do the Oscars, because that's like a no win situation. I mean, other than the fact that maybe in our life, in my life, well it's my life's I'm Billy Crystal Long. I mean, he killed it back in the day and he said, you know what, I don't want to do it anymore. Bob Hope, I believe is the longest. He's done it more than anybody else. Billy Crystal did it well, but they keep rotating. I mean, I like Jimmy Kimmel, but I mean I'm a Conan fan, so I'll probably tune in for at least a monologue to see what's up. But I guess what I'll, you know, go online on my Instagram and I'll see the highlights later. Which is how more and more that we are consuming. I saw this list every Oscar Best Picture winner ranked. I'm just gonna spend a minute of this. There have been ninety six Oscar Best Picture winners. Obviously this is I guess this is the ninety seventh Oscar, right ninety seven. I'm perusing this list, and I'm gonna give you the top ten, and I want to see how many of the top ten of the I don't even know voter. The best overall Best Picture winner is number ten. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Never seen it? Number nine Godfather Part Two, Never seen it. Eight Silence of the Lambs. I actually did see Silence of Lambs, don't remember it too much. Seven French Connection. Interestingly enough, Rest in peace, Gene Hackman Popeye, Doe passed away this week, horrible story, French Connection. Number seven. Number six rock Me Amadaeis. Never saw that was nineteen eighty four. I was in high school then I didn't. Actually I was in college. I didn't understand it, didn't want to see it. Number five a nineteen fifty movie All about Eve. Nope, don't dig Black and White. Number four on the water Front, also nineteen fifty four. Marlon Brando, Nope, never seen it. Three Here we Go, Shindler's List saw it. Sad Spielberg won the Oscar Good Friend two Casablanca. I saw it because I had to when I was studying radio, TV and film in my communications graduate program at the University of Texas. Had to see it. And number one, the number one most the best ever of all ninety six previous Best Picture winners, The Godfather and Folks. If you're a longtime listener, I've never seen it. Do not call, do not yell, Do not at me. I've just never seen The Godfather. I just I've never was a a mafia, gangster, shoot them up type of dude. Never seen it. All right, I just lost some listeners. We move on to the high tech textan show I am going to ask my Amazon Echo to count down. I can't c is it a her? I guess Alex is or her her favorite top ten movies this year? Because Alexa has a new update. I don't talk about Amazon a lot, and I don't talk about Amazon Alexa. What is your favorite virtually assistant? Because there's Apple has SERI, Samsung has big Speed. You know Google's got Google Mast And I just set off my Google by saying that Amazon's got Alexa. I mean, it just goes on and on it does. Alexa was one of the if not even the the big, the big, first to market once and Alexa has been around. Well, guess what Amazon They finally rolled out and upgrade is a new generation. They had a big event which Amazon did not invite me to. It's a next generation of the assistants and it's powered by guess what, generative AI, and the company's promising a smarter, more conversational, and approachable virtual assistant. I don't know how a virtual assistant could be approachable. I don't know. It's the new generation. It's called Alexa Plus. And and again I'm reading this in a press release since I haven't I didn't go into the New York press conference. Apparently you can book dinner reservations, you could say, reminders on your calendar. You can order and send gifts to people. You can learn your routine likes and dislikes over time to better serve you and everybody else in your household. Makes sense? I mean, I guess it's an upgrade because everybody needs to hop on the AI bandwagon. But hasn't. Hasn't this Alexa help set reminders on your calendar? I mean maybe they haven't done dinner reservations. They can have, you know, nearby restaurants, So I mean, I guess there's an upgrade. I haven't tried it yet, but apparently can also control your smart home. It could monitor your security cams. It could dim your lights, turn them on and turn it off again. I'm reading from a press release. Haven't tried it, so I cannot review it, and I can't promote it, and I can't pimp it. But Alexa plus. Oh, by the way, everybody wants to make some money twenty dollars a month? Would you pay for this upgrade? Twenty bucks a month to do that? But breaking news if you're a prime Amazon prime member, and I'm taking a guess you are. It's free. It's gonna start to roll out next month. And the other thing is it doesn't it doesn't work with older devices. I have one two. I think I have two Amazon devices. I have a very relatively old and I say relatively it's not very old. I mean it hasn't been out that long, a relatively old Amazon Echo Dot. It's the size of hockey puck. Thing was like twenty five bones. That was the thing to do. Thing to get it was. It was relative, it was very and it's inexpensive back in the day, and I think that was my first virtual assistant. It's sitting in my living room and I just don't use it because I also have a Google Nest sitting on my kitchen counter and I use that not only daily, several times a day. I mean I use it as a clock. I play music, and I get my recipes and everything with it. But it but it's not going to work with the first generation Echo Echo Dot at Go Plus at Go Tap, Echo Spot or the Echo Show. Oh guess what. The second generation Echo Show won't support it either. Now there still are many Echo devices that apparently are going to work with this new exo. Plus there's something new called the echo flex. No clue what that is. But if you got this stuff at some point, start looking for this thing. And if you do use it, I'd love to hear from you because it is. Yes, I host this radio show, and I do my TV segments, and I write columns, and you know, I recommend products and services that are supposed to help our lives. Does AI help your lives? Have you used it before? I'm slowly using it a little bit more. I mean I've had some fun with it. It's like, hey, can you know you give me an image of Darth Vader holding a hanukah menora. I mean, just you know, crazy stuff like that. I don't really use it of writing presentations or you know, doing calendar invites or things. But give me a shout here three four six two nine Texan t X and Michael Garfield's a name, Calum Reid. May pick up the phone, may not if he doesn't leave a voicemail. We do have the right to play your voicemail if you do leave a voicemail to answer your questions. But there's a lot of these and uh, personally and again not a paid endorsement. I'm more of a Google guy, a big Android fan, as you know, and I have one too. I mean, I've got the doorbell, I've got the Google Nest doorbell. I've got the Google list of my kitchen. I've got the Google little play speaker next to my bed. I just I've got a little tiny hockey puck type of Google whatever they think call it in my office. I just that's what I use more often. I don't know, maybe I'm brand loyal, but you use what you want to use. I'm just telling you what is out there and what is an upgrade, because that's what I do here on the H T T Show. All right, good do that now when we come back. Who missus football season? Man? These these six months, man, like mid February till like mid to late August. This is not my wheelhouse. I mean, I just it's it's kind of like you know winter. Everbody gets depressed sometimes when there is no football college professional, and you know, listen, yay XFL USFL whatever it's called. It's you know, I'm not there yet, nothing's happening, so the countdown is on. But yeah, I know, we've got the combine and we've got the draft coming up. But the NFL just launched some news that actually they should had me up with Roger Goodell to roll it out because the NFL is using some new technology next season. Watch a lot of you when you hear a Ye're gonna go finally, it's just opray help us. My Dallas commedis that Texan show bought up the hour.
Speaker 4: Couple that.
Speaker 1: And now I already said earlier this show that this is a not a lo cow week, at least for me. This past Sunday, I was at the kickoff for Rodeo Houston. Probably what my nineteenth twentieth year. I was one of the media celebrity judges in the Rodeo uncorked Best Bites. That's a big one people. There were six thousand people. It wasn't It wasn't a cheap ticket, but if they're going to invite me to judge, I'm taking it. One hundred local Houston restaurants and about four hundred and fifty or five hundred different wines award winning wines. I don't drink wine, so that wasn't a big deal, but it was it was nice snacking on about I probably sampled thirty five different appetizers andres and desserts. Really cool winners. That was fun. Yesterday, Friday of this week, I was a judge at the Rodeo Houston Junior cook Off, a little you know, twelve thirteen year old kids. They were cooking filets and steaks. Today after the show, I will be judging the official barbecue as I got. But on top of that, I'm still going to talk about food. If you are hungry, my friends, I will tell you where I eat easily over under two and a half times per week, per week. Cabo Bob's Easy and Easy Out. Four locations in Houston, mini in Austin, one in San Antonio, Dallas. I know you're listening in Dallas on eleven ninety talk radio. Sucks for you because you don't have any yet, But it's great. Arnold Lori I know them. They run the entire division here in Houston. They are so good. You go through the line and you can tell them what you want to make your own tacos, burrito bowls, casadillas. I had a can of chicken casadea I've made. Oh, they're so good. Thing I love about is they're tortillas. It's not like you know you go to these restaurants. Oh, here's one flavor of tortilla. You got five choices, everything from the tomatillo to the buttermilk flour. Tell them what you want and you will watch them press the tortilla and heat the tortilla and you just load it up. Uh checked that out. And by the way, why don't I'll tell you what. Call it number ten right now seven one three, two one two five nine five Oho caller ten. I'm gonna give you a twenty five dollars gift card. You are welcome people, and if you don't win, sucks for you. Go buy your own because it is good. It's not that expensive either. Lunchtime, man, they get crowded. I've been to all for the locations here in the Houston area. They are just it is just smoking awesome, good Cobo Bob's twenty five dollars gift card. Eat is up for you right up. Guess what app stop calling we gotta winner? When I went, I lunch dinner, chicken dinner, whatever you want, so good, just just and the staff is so nice and they just they know how to do it. Well. Man, there's a lot of food talk this week. We gotta we gotta keep going because it is time to talk about one of my favorite subjects, the NFL. Love football, Miss football. Can't wait till August. Just not into baseball yet, only in the playoffs, which is actually during football season. NBA again when he gets to kind of the playoffs hockey. No clue about hockey because I'm a Texas boy. Even though I did watch the USA Canada final match in that four Nations tournament. That was pretty cool. Sadly Canada beat the United States, but that was a big deal. Let's get back to the NFL. NFIL has been criticized a long time for not really utilizing a lot of technology, especially when it comes to first downs, because it's long been used the low tech, old fashioned away where two umpires are easily twenty to twenty five yards away holding sticks and an actual metal chain that is ten yards and generally the referees used their eyesight. Where do they think the ball made its forward progress? Stop? It's just not there. Well guess what. Goodbye chain gang, Hello high tech Texan and FL technology. They are finally making a twenty first century approach to this new first down measurement system starting next year. All right, they are going with the technology tracking system and it starts this coming season two. It's going to be called the Hawk Eye Virtual measurement and that is going to determine the line to gain and it's going to be the primary method for measurements now that the chain gang, those dudes who hold the chain, they're still going to be there as of now, they're the backup. Oh, by the way, secondary method determined distance. So instead of bringing out the change, this league is going to go with a virtual measurement and it's a system. It's going to work with cameras that are inside the stadium, the track players and the officials and the ball they dig it. And I'm telling you right now, there are going to be issues now. They have tested this the Hawkeye system. They did a lot of testing of this that you didn't know about this past season. I hope it improves the game. I hope it makes it more efficient. Is it going to slow it down? Technically? It should speed it up a smidch because every time there's a very close down, you don't have to have the Chang gang run twenty yards, stretch the chain out, have the ref sitting there and look, oh he made it by half an inch. Changgang runs off if it worked seamlessly and quickly Boom called it first down and line up again, play the ball. NFL fans want this, and it's the twenty first century. It is about time. There has been some major controversial calls over the years, and including a few months ago in the playoffs. In the twenty twenty four playoffs, it was an AFC championship game. It was the Kansas City Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills. They remember this. It was a fourth quarter. Bills were up twenty two to twenty one. They decided to go for it. Josh Allen quarterback snake. He attempted it. It looks like he made. It looks like he made it wasn't definitive and they did refereece it. Nah, Nope, Kansas City got the ball, Kansas City went down, scored a touchdown, Kansas City won the game, Kansas City went to the super Bowl. I'm happy about this. Now we can look at it and again, I'm a sports guy, and I gotta talk about this all day. We've got virtual umpires. Also, I know the minor leagues has tested the virtual umpires. Is it going to happen in Major League Baseball. I'm not one for people losing their jobs without a doubt. I don't want umpires. It's you know, I don't want, you know, the chain gang to lose their job. Umpires will always be there because if it's not to call balls and strikes, it's to keep peace on that ball field, it's to keep peace on the diamond because there have been fights, there's whatever, and there's there's other things that umpires do not even the the homeplay umpire. You got the first, second or third base umpire, They're going to be there. They're like the on field. I mean, they control things right in the referees on football, they've got to wind the clock down. But if you have to look at one sport that has utilized and kept up with technology better than others and people feel correct me if I'm wrong. First thing that comes to mind is tennis, because tennis has used the Hawkeye system. And if you ever watch tennis, and really the only time you're watching tennis, probably are the only four major tennis tournaments, and then probably you don't watch a lot of the Australian tennis tournament because it's usually in January that you forget that it's tennis season. It's in Australia, so the time zone is just horrific here in the United States, and it's also in the middle of football season. But come US Open, come Wimbledon, and come to French Open and some extent if you like that stuff. You will see if one of the tennis players challenges a call, and in a lot of the times it's on the serve, but you know also the baseline too, they will quickly on the big scoreboard for everyone to see the umpire who sits right there at the net, the players and all of the fans in the stadium. They will show an animated cartoonish slow motion replay of where that tennis ball bounces, and it bounces and they put a spot shadow and if it touches the line, if it's beyond the line, boom and it's accepted. Now I'm not sure if the players that can then get ticked off and recall that again, but the hawkeye technology seems to work in tennis one hundred percent of the time now. But with cameras with trackability, there's no reason that sports, which is a multi multi billion dollar industry that literally drives EV revenues, ratings and how much sadly we have to pay all of our cable bills or whatever like that because those those rights continue to go up. They have to get these calls right. So yes, let's go back as we end this segment over here, NFL good luck. I hope it does work. I hope it speeds it up because the Cowboys haven't been in three decades to a Super Bowl. Maybe did they need some luck. Maybe it is tech because the lass when the Cowboys first won their Super Bowl super Bowl six, it was a Gil Brandt. He utilized he utilized technology in your computer as they for drafting players. So maybe the Cowboys do like technology. This is me, mister Cowboy fan. What am I going to do? One more segment this hour? Don't go anywhere if you want to chime in. I'm at three four, six fifty nine techs in Michael is the name.
Speaker 5: I'm being High Tech tex And Show.
Speaker 1: I know six or seven minutes of this first hour of the High Tech Texan Show. Happy Weekend, first weekend in March March, first March fourth, which that's that's actually a full sentence right March fourth March. First you go, period, it's one of the shorter sentences in the history of actually sentences. That's me not knowing a lot of grammar. I'm more of a mathematics type of guy. Mathematics. That's numbers. That's a phone number, three, four, six, nine T E X A N. That's how you going to get to me if you have questions, answers, comments here on this long running show. Big Hello. Shout out to everybody listening in and around the Houston area over the air on k PRC nine fifty am, Am, folks, that's amplitude modulation. You know, it's where talk radio generally is found. News Radio twelve one hundred WOAI that's got a big fifty thousand, while Blowtorch that's in San Antonio and up in Dallas, Big d my hometown, the Mighty Mighty eleven ninety, Talk Radio eleven ninety. You can also listen to us on the iHeartRadio app. Anytime podcast will go up bunch, the show is ova. Just look for my name, Michael Garfield. That's what you need to do. And I hope we continue to do the show as long as we can. Unless an asteroid out of the blue hits Mother Earth. I joke because I've watched the movie Armageddon dozens and dozens of times. Yes, this is the same guy who earlier in the show talked about the oscars, which will be this Sunday night. And I just listed the top ten best picture movies in the history of the ninety six years. Somebody ranked them, and I've seen two of them. I don't see a lot of movies, but dang, if Armageddon done, come on and there's Bruce Willison, Ben Affleck and Billy Bob Thornton, and this asteroid is getting ready to hit Earth. And then they have to launch not one, but two space shuttles and the land on an asteroid to you know, implant the bomb eight hundred feet depth down so it explodes and shatters into two and then the asteroid barely misses the Earth. Yes, this is It's a Michael Bay movie. Without a doubt. This actually potentially could have or may still happen in real life. I don't know if you heard this story, but for the past month or two, NASA and I think the European Space Agency they've been tracking an asteroid that they say could do just that they could hit Earth in twenty thirty two. Twenty thirty two, so stand by seven years from now. But they gave it the odds of about three percent, the highest odds three percent. Well, apparently I don't know this people in NASA. They were off by a lot. NASA now has lowered the odds to point zero zero one, meaning this asteroid probably is gonna safely pass the Earth in twenty thirty two and there's no threat of impact for the next century. That's no fun, man, That's not a plot of a movie. Now. There needs to be a threat. There needs to be a good love song thing with and a hot chick like Livdiler. This is an asteroid missing Earth is just that's not sexy. Man. Give us something to look forward to, something for NASA, so we can start funding NASA a little bit more. Hey man, we need some oil drillers. Oh you know, you know, get out there. It's just that that Nope, not gonna do it. Oh, by the way, there is a one point seven percent chance that asteroid could hit the Moon. I mean it's better than heading Earth. I mean, what's the moon do? I mean? I know it affects that our water and our tides and stuff, and you know, you look up there and it looks like, you know, there's some cheese or something, but whatever. No, So we're going to be tracking this thing. You know, it will be cool because I'm talking about percentages over here. How I'm going to Vegas in two and a half, two weeks from now. It's my annual March Madness trip. I go every single year every year in the first weekend of March Madness. And I you know, I can bet future odds. I mean, I can bet, you know, who's gonna win the Super Bowl, who's gonna win the World Series, the NBA, you know, a year from now. Whatever. Do you think a sports book can actually have will and asteroid hit Earth? Because if it's a high percentage, and if it hits Earth, odds are we're all gonna be dead and no one's gonna collect the money. I mean, if you think about it, it's pretty smart. Like I play, I have, I have the app. This is I have an app Friese Picks. You ever tried it? Because it's I mean, you could. In Texas, gambling or betting. Some betting is not legal. Legal. Prize Picks is legal. I need to go they should have Will an asteroid hit in the payoffice seven years from right now? I don't know. I need to talk to the prize picks people, some of Mike. That's your science and technology update as this show is heard across Houston and Galveston, which does include the Clear Lake area down south of Houston, which is the headquarters of NASA and everything. If some of you rocket scientists have want a way in love to hear from you, appreciate all you you know, smart women and men do of triangulating and trifixating and whatever. Now had figured out that there's a point zero zero zero one seven percent chance of that asteroid hitting us, good for you? Why why did you start at three percent went down to one percent? Did all of a sudden about a month and a half, did the asteroid get that more close to Earth so you could actually lower the odds? Talk to me NASA three four six twenty nine Texan. And by the way, why did you discontinued the vomit comment? I got the go oh in the vomit commet the weightless zero gravity airplane that was retrofitted from what was at a CAC one thirty five years and years ago as a I'm not gonna call myself a journalist, but as a media personality, I was up there doing a story. But anyway, I went through training and zero gravity and the hyperlic Barrick Chamber and all that. I actually got to float in zero gravity. And yes, my hair actually does float in gravity. It's pretty fun. So anyway, big fan of NASA. Big if you're visiting, you can go see Space Center. Pretty cool stuff. Always wanted to be a I don't know where I'm going with this, but when I was a kid, kids sit back. I got about a minute. Let me just go ahead and kill the rest of this segment. I used to take my lunches to school. My mother, who's listening right now, probably nah, she ain't listening. She's sleeping. She's in Dallas. She used to pack my lunches. And back then we had lunchboxes, not brown bags like I put my kids lunches in. No, we had lunchbox and they were metal lunch boxes and they had everything wrapped on them. There were Saturday Morning cartoons and my favorite one was I ten eleven years old, whatever it was, I had a NASA astronaut themed lunch kit. Raise your hand. If you're with me, give me a call. Let's reminisce it. And inside there was how smart we're lunchbox companies of putting blass lined thermaces in there, so she would put I don't know, hang kool aid or something. She would chill it. And it was glass because that's what kept it cold before. I guess. Yet he created this thing years and years later with it with the metal. That's really smart. Let's shout out the glass over there. But anyway, I had this who didn't want if you were born like in the seventies or something, right when you'd be a hollow you know, missions were here and I'm not. I'm just I'm speaking for boys and males because I don't know if they want female astronauts back then, if there should have been I know there where they are now? Yeah yah yeah serious something. And we just wanted to be an astronaut. I mean, how cool? How cool is that? Man? And I just now we can because it's all private, cize right now, what are you gonna do? Uh? This is this is what we do. I have one more hour of just having some fun and playing. When we've come back, I'm actually gonna give you more partner than news if you're ready to cut the cord. More streaming opportunities and packages are coming out. Ices are being raised, but I found some that are actually a little cheaper than others. And plus, good news for Houston. Apple is coming to the city to open a big factory here. It's actually good news bad news. I'm not we'll figure that out. Michael Garfield, it's the high Tech Taxi Show. Is Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield. Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: The high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high tech Texan technology. Michael Garfield has something you might want. Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texas. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets occurred worldwide on the Iheartwaredio Act. Now you're high Tech Texas. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Our number two halfway through the show, which means we are a halfway to happy Hour. And by the way, if you're anywhere near in Southeast Texas, Houston, Galveston Happy Hour has been under way for a while. This is the final Saturday, the final day of the World Championship Barbecue Contest. Just right around the entire NRG Stadium in RG Center areas. Houston Rodeo kicks off for early next week, and it's if you drive by that area of town, there's this wath of smoke, of barbecue smoke, because teams from all over the world hence the World's Championship Barbecue Contest, have been out there by their pits smoking that beautiful meat chicken and ribs for the past week or so the contest. I actually will be one of the celebrity judges in the contest later Saturday, so I'm actually excited about that. That is pretty cool. But anyway, that the point is the barbecue contest. There's a lot of cocktails going on. People have probably I mean, no one ever should drink and drive it, and I'm not saying they do, but they took breathalyzers that they may blow a little bit more than a point zero zero zero zero. So happy hours in full effect. And also a little further down south in Galveuston, this is I think the last day of the Marty Gras Festival Marty Gras Parades and think, oh, actually maybe one more week. No, I think this is it. Yeah, big Marti Gras Festival and parade that is happening on Saturday too, and Marti Gras is anonymous with beads and maybe some cocktails, maybe some cocktails. I have been down there. Speaking of which, Big Martin, I know where there are some cocktails, and I know where there's a big party Saturday. And as we do, the show live plasitively live right now. If you're in and around the h Town area in Houston, check out Patterson Park. Patterson Park. It's a great sports bar. It's I mean, I call it a sports bar. They have TV's there, but it's this massive wood inside outside. Yes they got air condition Yes they got TVs. What this, Matt. I love the bars like an inside outside bar. You're having a Marti Gras party starting right now, twelve o'clock. They've got spicy crawfish nine bucks a pound. I think that's a pretty good deal. And it's got the corn, the sausage, potatoes. It's great weather, and bring the kids too. From two to four there is face painting, so you can I guess, I guess Marty Grass like porn, right, you know you can select. You know, they could make it just up like Hayman or something. A lot of fun atmosphere and they got cocktails too. By the way, sazaraq dak Or Hurricanes. It's at twenty two five Patterson Avenue, which is about itenan Shepherd area not too far from downtown right, So between the gallery area and downtown you can go check out a Patterson Park patio bar. So say I do a Kyla and Lannie and everybody else. I don't know, man, I'm gonna hang up the microphone here and in fifteen minutes or so, and baby, I'll just roll over there before I roll down to Energy Bark and have some barbecue. We have talked a lot about food, and I guess we probably should get in a little technology, a little consumer lifestyle things. What's Michael driving this week? You know I do get to test drive one to two cars every single week, and vehicles I was people, I know, do I know you're jealous? I was in a sexy minivan this week? People, That's right, the twenty twenty five Kia Carnival Carnival. Nothing cooler than a minivan. And at least twenty years ago when I had three younger kids. Now they're older, and now they are asking me why I'm driving a minivan because I do this for a living. It is my job to talk about, review, recommend or dis vehicles and it's not sponsored Keith Carnival. That's one I was. I Also I had another one. I was in a Masda c X seventy. Mazda c X seventy. I haven't been the biggest fan of Mazda over the years, but this wasn't good. It's a it's a suv. It's you know, it's got two rows, the seats full down, and it's pretty good drive. It's a lot, very roomy. I will tell you that. I'm just not a big fan of the way Mazda does it's infotainment system. But again, I'm picky, but I'm supposed to be picky. I'm supposed to be picky. Phone number here if you want to get in it is three four six twenty nine Texan three four six two nine g E X A N and UH. I mentioned the Houston area. Big news in Houston, it's big news. I rarely talk about Apple. I'm not an Apple fanboy. I do not have an iPhone. I'm an Android guy. However, not that I'm going to change or baby, but Apple is building a big ol' mama two hundred and fifty thousand square foot AI server manufacturing facility in h Town. It's gonna open in twenty twenty six. Maybe you don't know what they're gonna do, depending on what's happening with the economy. And it's part of a five hundred billion dollar investment in the US half a trillion. I guess it does half five hundred billion dollars in the US over the next four years. And apparently in addition to this new texta facility, Apples said it's going to plan to hire around twenty thousand employees across the US over that period. We'll see, we'll see, hope. So I mean, I'm really personally sick and tired of this company laying people off, and then the government and laying people off and firing into it. It's great to hear somebody, some company at least send out a press release to say they're going to hire people now freaking do it. Then maybe I'll talk about Apple some more. Not that Apple has gone back on its word before. I'm just saying good, welcome to Houston. In twenty twenty six, two hundred fifty thousand square foot So they're going to manufacture servers, manufacturer service for the Apple, intelligence for the iPhone, the iPad, the Mac computers. So okay, So there's gonna be new jobs and whatever in Texas. So okay, I can dig that. I just thought that that was worth mentioning because we need some good news what's going on with the economy. We just it's some good and so as for Houston Base and I used it has long been my flagship station, KPRC nine to fifty AM, and iHeartRadio, so good. If I hear of anything, any job openings, I will let you know. And maybe I don't know, maybe they're hiring. Maybe I could do something from Monday through Friday instead of just working on the weekends. Oh one other thing, you know what, Okay, I'll get my Apple one bad Apple, don't spoil the whole arm. I'll get my Apple information out of here. Apple AirTag, I don't have any of those either. I have other trackers, Bluetooth trackers. But American Airlines just improved its bag tracking system if you fly American because they're working with Apple air Tag. They've been ound support for Apples. It's called Share Item Location feature and it's going to make things easier for passengers to I guess find reunite with their lost luggage that you track with an air tag. Last year, American Discamp be right, the airline. Okay, the airline transported two hundred and twenty six million passengers. There was the busiest, one of the largest carriers here in the US. I'm trying to see if they could tell me how many bags were lost. Of course they didn't put that in the information over here. By anyway, there's this share item location. It actually was introduced in the Apple AirTags last December with its latest iOS update eighteen point two. So if you're an AirTag user, you're able to generate a shareable link within Apple's find My app if you have an iPhone, an iPad, or some max and that's going to allow others to access and interactive mapp showing the location or at least the last known location of a missing item. So I did that, okay. Now, United Delta Air Canada, I think they've also integrated this too. American Texas Space Carrier, which I like to also LFTANSA. I think I've done it. Virgin. I think they now they're good to support it too. Come on Southwest, you know I'm a Southwest guy. You need to make sure your WiFi is faster. I appreciate the two drinks as an a list preferred. Let's go, man, find my luggage deck because you know what, not one but two bags fly free. By the way, there's your technology news of the day when it comes to airlines. When we come back, did you cut the cord? Did you cut the cord? Who wants streaming TV? All right, I'll tell you about some packages. There were just a launch that some prices are raised, some actually were lowered. I like this. And also CBS, look at them. They're getting customer friendly. They're doing something that I always thought was a head scratcher back in the day.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what that is.
Speaker 3: Coming up to do right now on the high Den text show'd a weekend.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're listening, and also however you're listening, if you are old school, I don't know, maybe a new kid on the bloc who just discovered AM radio. We thank you for doing that. If you're listening terrestrially in Houston KPRC nine fifty a, m WAI twelve hundred, San Antonio and then Dallas. What's up Big d eleven ninety, the Mighty Mighty eleven ninety. My parents may be listening be eleven ninety. I mean they should be awake by now. I mean, come on, people, they know, I mean they sleep late, but not this late. Michael is the name Michael Garfield. If you happen to be in the Houston area, I've been kind of telling you what's been going on. We've got the World Championship barbecue contests coming to an end on Saturday. That's been going on for three days I think to Saturday's also the last day for Big Marty Grock Galvison going on in Galveston. If you got if there's some big things going on in San Antonio and Dallas, don't hesitate, pop me a note. Michael at high Tech Texan dot com. Also, I know on the north side. Actually, I'll tell you what. Hey, Dallas, South Dallas, I mean way South Dallas in Montgomery County up near the Woodlands. That's a stretch I know north North Houston will both. It's the Montgomery County Home and Outdoor Living show that's happening all this weekend. It's at the Lone Stark Convention and Expo Center. It's actually in Conroad, not too far off of I forty five going there, and you could see I used to broadcast my show from a lot of those home and garden shows and outdoor shows. Those are fun. I mean, you got gardening, you've got home improvements and kitchens and closets and windows and roofs and bathrooms and outdoor living. Go check it out. You can just google it. Montgomery County Home and Outdoor Living Show seventh year. It is that the loan just it's the lone Star Convention and Expo Center, open to six o'clock on Saturday, March first, and then Sunday goes to five pm March second. And oh, by the way, it's free admission, free admission. We like fre so again just giving you. I'm giving you things to do, so you could twiddle your thumbs and countdown to the Oscars on Sunday night, which I don't know how many people are watching. I don't know. I'll tune in for the Conern O'Brien factor and that that may be about it. If you watch the Oscars, there are several ways to watch it. You probably pay an arm and a leg for cable, but because it's on ABC, you can watch it free because I I long told you no matter where you are, there is free over the air networks. That just like I don't know when a lot of us grew up in the seventies or whatever, there was no cable.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: He just put an antenna on top of your roof and you got ABC, CBS, NBC, GBS and some UHF channels. There was no Fox back then. Yeah, man, I really date myself with that. But nowadays there if you have a digital antenna, which you can get most anywhere, not expect twenty bucks whatever and they're not big, you can put it by your window. You can just just kind of I would put it by a window and kind of point it towards where the broadcast tower is in your city, in which you can find out like an antenna dot Colm, I think it is antenna dot gov one of those. What do I uh that that's free too. However, we're gonna talk about streaming right now. More and more people they're cutting the cord. More and more people they're figure they're realizing why did I cut the cord and why are my prices of cable so high. My Comcast bill is it's it's it's almost the same as my mortgage. It's it's horrific, all right. But if you're thinking about getting streaming TV, I go through this probably once every two to three weeks. I go through, What do you got? You got YouTube TV, you got Hulu plus live TV, there's Swing, there's direct TV, Steam, Steam, there's Fubo, there's Filo, there's a lot of stuff. Again, that's for the live stuff. Now, there are other ways to watch TV, like I during the Super Bowl, I was all Fox was all over it. There's two B t Ubi in most cases two B. You're not gonna get live TV. You're gonna get a ton of channels that have reruns of movies, sitcoms, whatever it is. But alas it's TV and that you can get that for free. You can get it for streaming. But if you want that live TV means you want to watch the new you want to watch a sporting event, you want to watch something of that nature ESPN. That's where youre gonna have to start getting. You know these these streaming services too, and they're not cheap. YouTube tv just raised their prices a month ago. Eighty three or so bones a month. I mean, I remember when they launched it was thirty five bucks. Oh my, this is phenomenal. But that's the welcome to the world that we live in. Everything has to go up, and the rights fees for these streamers who pay for mostly sports mostly The NFL NBA signed a multi billion dollar package also with a lot of it's streaming partners too. These networks have to pass on these these fees to somebody and it goes all the way down to us, the little tiny consumers. So I'll say it. The recommendation is this, go to these websites of these streamers, go to YouTube TD go to Hulu plus Live TV and Sling and Direct TV. Look at the channels they offer, and look at the different packages they offer because they bundle them together. If you see a lot of channels that you don't watch, there's no reason to get that package. If you never watch sports, you're gonna set yourself a lot of money because it's sports and the sports rights that costs so much money. If all you do is you watch your local news, maybe you don't want you Maybe you want news channels. Maybe you want to watch your in business and me see your your your Fox News, You're you're seeing in whatever it is, Uh, you're AMC or a few movie channels, go find the package. That's that, there's no reason to get the entire package. And that's always that, that's always be fuddled the cable industry. I probably get. I don't know several hundred cable channels. I watch literally no more than six channels, and number one, I watch ESPN ninety two percent of what I'm watching. That's it. I'll flip through maybe AMC, do I see an Adam Sandler movie? And but that that's all I get. Why am I paying so much? It makes no sense? So you want these bundles? Do you want the bundles? The loves of it? So that's that's it. So watch the price you pay. HBO's you know they're getting ready to start charging, you know, ten dollars extra per month because you know VR Sports, you know it's in barstool Sports. They're getting ready to come on. But there's a lot of them up there. So a quick glance. YouTube TV's about eighty three bucks, Fubo TV eighty five dollars, Hulu plus Live TV eighty three dollars. You see there's a trend here. Direct TV stream seventy dollars and up and up depending but they have no contract. Though no contract. I like that. Sling has Sling TV. You can customize live TV and that starts at forty six dollars up about forty six dollars up. Let's see, then we get the free stuff. Two be is free, but you're not gonna get a lot of live TV plexus free. There is a Sling but not Sling TV. Sling is free. And don't forget, by the way, before we get ready to take a break here, so many of you have Amazon Prime right because you want things in two days? Do you realize that not only are you a member of Amazon Prime so you can shop and you know you get the two day free shipping and everything you get Amazon It's act I'm sorry, it's called Prime Video, which does give you Thursday night NFL football during football season. It does give you. I think they also stream some playoff NFL playoff games. They're getting more into sports, and they have relatively new first run movies or at least second run movies that comes with Amazon Prime. Don't forget about that. And also not that I want you to listen to the music. They also have Amazon Music, but you should be listening to iHeart music, iHeartRadio app for free. I'm a company man, so I gotta say that think before you purchase. And if you purchase and you think about it and you don't run a contract, cancel the durn thing, my lips, your ears, do it, people, because that's what I want you to do. Hey, I mentioned earlier this hour Apple is moving actually building a warehouse two hundred and fifty thouand square foot warehouse in Houston to build an AI server factory in about two years. Well, guess what there was a I'd like the fact that more corporate headquarters are moving to our great state. There is another announcement that a electric vehicle company just announce its head is moving to Houston. I know there's a Tesla on the consumer level, there's a Tesla headquarters in the Austin area. Houston is getting a new headquarters when it comes to electric vehicles. I will have a one arm link interview with the president of the company when we come back on my tech dot show. We are back at it. It is Michael Guardfield. We wish you a great weekend no matter where you are listening here Houston, Dallas, Sannatotio, terrestrially or across the world. And iHeartRadio. We do thank you for tuning in twenty three years. And it is my job, Yes, I actually have a job. People, is to talk inform you, answer your questions, and answer is about some of the great products of what to buy with the purchase sometimes what the stay away from, but also news in the world of tech, automobiles, consumer lifestyle that is exactly some of the things that I do. And got some actually good news I want to talk about, certainly where I am based in Houston. Houston continues to be one of the largest cities in the country and it's a hotbed for companies that are moving to town. And just about what one two weeks ago, we heard about another company moving to Houston. It's always nice to steal other companies away from other states. And the company is called enviro Tech, and I am familiar with this company and also the CEO because it is an EV company, but standby ites not so much as a lot of the evs that I talk about from the consumer level. It's more of the business stuff and you know when we talk about you know, the delivery trucks. You know you see Amazon rolling around and you know they've got the EV's that is an incredibly big segment. Their headquarters are going to be here, and so I wanted to give you a little play by playbook is happening. So joining me right now for a few minutes. He is the president of enviro Tech Vehicles. His name is Jason Maddox. He joins me. Let me start with welcome to he town, brother.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Thank you, Michael. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, Arkansas to Texas. I know you're you've been around for a while. Welcome Why Texas? Why now?
Speaker 6: Well, Arkansas has been good to us. It's a big we have a big footprint there. But we are looking for a major metropolitan city to move our headquarters too, so that we can get some you know, top tier talent in a big urban city. And it seems like to me that Houston is becoming that city for transitioning their energy sector into more of a environmentally clean energy and the logistics hub of America it's becoming. So we're in the logistics commercial market. It's also we operate with the gig economy and all this new tech stuff. So we love Houston. We think it's a great spot.
Speaker 1: Sucks for you Arkansas, right, Oh, I said that you did. Don't worry about it because Texas is the place to be in Virotech. You in your company, you're going to be selling electric delivery vans and electric buses and electric trucks. Talk about the product line that you're gonna start with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so our product line starts with the heavy duty commercial vans. So heavy duty is more of your you know, not your regular van size. That would be the heavier lift ones over ten fifteen pounds, so it's just bigger dual axles on the back and can carry a little bit more cargo. So that's going to be where we have our focus. They don't also have passenger conversion vans as well. But also the bus. So we're launching our school bus to a bunch of Texas schools actually under EPA grant, so that's super exciting. It's under the EPA Clean Air grant for students in urban cities to have clean air. And then we're gonna be launching our urban transit bus as well. And then we're going to look into the future the near future, hopefully on smaller urban type vehicles that are for cities. So everything that has to do with logistics and moving businesses forward and the gig economy, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I like it. You know, there is a massive marketplace. I mean there's the I mean the whole d m A here, seven plus million people. There's so many companies that are headquartered here. Do you see Houston as a market where you're actually going to sell the vehicles? I mean, do you vision opening a physical showroom maybe the distributorship here in Houston for Environtech.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. That's why one of the big reasons have pulled us here is we think there's a huge customer base in the Houston area between all the new energy Corridor building with lots of employees coming in and needing transportation solutions to work on these new refineries and different things like that, as well as the growth in the city. We're working on in the future on autonomous drive systems and different types of tech to be able to move through the city and make deliveries. So we think that Houston's probably one of our biggest customer bases, you know, aside from Los Angeles. New Jersey. There's some large incentives for this type of stuff, but Texas also has incentives, and we're excited about the Houston clientele. We're probably going to be rolling out dealerships and looking for new types of dealers that can help promote and service our product locally, So stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Jason Maddox joining me is a president of in Virotech Vehicles, a company that is just moving its headquarters to Houston. You were talking about the buses. I'm familiar with these buses. They're big, old yellow electric school buses. I think you call them the Bumblebee, which which actually like lots of school districts in Texas and I think they've already ordered a number of them. Tell us about this, this Bumblebee buses that you're going to be delivering.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we have a grant to deliver twenty five electric school buses. Predominantly they're all going to Texas schools, underserved communities. And again it's under the clean air so that kids aren't breathing in diesel fumes. And you know, very loud buses. These are silent buses. They're very clean, very safe. We ground up engineer designed from environ Tech.
Speaker 1: I like it. It's funny and actually, you know, I remember my first school bus. I didn't do it a lot of school buses, but I was in sixth grade growing up. Actually it was in Dallas. I remember the school bus and they were just it was loud and it was bumpy. But you know, I know, you know, these are very high tech, comfy, smooth one. But I love the environmental aspect of it because I remember, you know, just seeing all the fumes coming out of those old buses. And I'm dating myself going back to the seventies and eighties right now, So I certainly liked this. I've actually never driven a bus. Can I drive one of these?
Speaker 4: One day?
Speaker 1: I totally could see me rolling up to a school man the high tech bumblebee bus.
Speaker 6: We drive it all around. It's an amazing bus. And I mean the safety features on it. You can you can go back and forth along the road to almost a twenty degree angle, and it it stays on the road in track. So it's a it's an exciting engineering feat for us.
Speaker 1: I love it like that. Well, speaking of watch yeah, I mean see, I'm I'm a marketing again. I'm a brainstorm guy. Okay, I'm here to help you. All right, here's an idea. Here, here's an idea. You know, I do a radio show, I do podcasts, but I also like the ev and the environmental thing. Man, how about we create I've always want to do this. I want to create a mobile radio or podcasting studio lot. Now, I mean, you could trick out a van and that's the neat thing. Your van's obviously their their environmental. They're all electric. What I mean we can put you know, damper and pads and microphone and everything like that. How about we create a high tech text in podcast van and we just go around the whole state doing some things.
Speaker 6: I'm in.
Speaker 1: I love it. I like that thing, which is you're my first guest though. All right, I wonder how long you know what? Years and years ago, I did a promotion with Toyota and when the when the gas prices were really high. In this true story, Toyota Prius was only one of the first hybrid vehicles. And I actually created a hybrid tour of Texas and I went from Houston to Corpus to San Antonio to Austin to Dallas to Houston on one tank of gas. I did this whole type of thing. Now we don't even need gas. Let's see how far we can get one of these like these. You know, I'm gonna drive it all across the state of Texas.
Speaker 6: We could do it. I like it.
Speaker 1: This is fun. We're gonna do this thing. His name is Jason Maddox. If people want more information about Envirotech, what can they do, potential dealerships, potential employment opportunities, what do they do?
Speaker 6: They could go to www dot ev TV USA dot com. We're launching a new website in the real near future. On that website, you should be able to click on our email our links and be able to email us through the email site, through the website, and we'll get back out to you with our team. And we're gonna start rolling out our dealer network. So if you're interested in being a dealer, you can connect with us there and you could also check our LinkedIn page and we'll we'll be in touch and we'll have many updates as we build out Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so if companies do want to order some of these vehicles, who are listening right now, that's they should.
Speaker 6: Get more takeout orders now. We have lots of vehicles on the road. We are building our Houston service centers, so you'll have plenty of customer support service and we're right here and you can order them and and typically we have we're shipping you know, live or within you know, ninety days of a custom order. So it depends on our batches and how our assembly lines. But we're we're keeping up with the demand right now.
Speaker 1: I like it a lot. Another win for the state of Texas. And it's a great company. It is in Vira Tech. Actually it's a publicly traded company. It's on nasdak. It's you want to follow him, it's ev TV. Yeah, I actually I like those good cool initials of ev TV on NASDAK. He is the president, Jason Maddox. Welcome to Texas, my man. I look forward to following and helping promote and everything because I really love what you guys are doing.
Speaker 6: All right, we're excited to be here, Michael, We're excited for the future.
Speaker 1: Vira Tuck all the way. All right, you're listening high Tech Texan show. Name is Michael Garfield. We have open phone lines. Don't go anywhere because we are here for another hour.
Speaker 4: At least stand by my friends.
Speaker 1: Michael is the name of Michael Garfield A the High Tech Texan show heard not only in h Town, but also Dallas and San Antonio. I'm sorry, those are just the three biggest city in the state of Texas and oh, by the way, three of the top nine most populous cities. So many people listening. And if you happen to live near a Total Wireless store, which by the way, you should be getting a lot of your selling data service because it's it's very inexpensive and it's a very high It's what I've been using for about six or seven months. Right now. They've actually got a little promotion going on at least in the ones in Houston's in San Antonio this coming week March sixth, that is a Thursday A there's a Total Wireless truck and it's what is it called. It's called Fuel Your Hustle And they got some special giveaways and some good deals to stay connected, which why child like giveaways. This coming March sixth, it is going to be in Missouri City, which is a southwest suburb of Houston. It is at seventeen sixty one Texas Parkway. I've actually I lived near there. I actually think I've been to that specific store Missouri City. I checked that out. And then March fourteenth, which is a week from Friday, it's gonna be in San Antonio. What's up, essay, We love you. It will be at eighty eight thirty Southwest Loop four ten on the Southwest Loop twelve to three in the afternoon on March fourteenth. Go check it out the Total Wireless. You see some of the national commercials, which I'm not on and I should be. It's going to be there, and they got some giveaways and good deals too. Actually, I spoke with one of their executives about how to save money for tax seasons coming up, which, by the way, we're about a month and a half before your taxes are due, and so he gave us some good tips on how to save money, how to write off some of your business lines too when it comes to taxes. I know they're having a promotion right now where you get an Apple iPhone thirteen for free free. All right, So if you've got a new account and you port your number in or if you add a line, you can get a free iPhone thirteen. Also, if you're a Samsung fan the Galaxy A fifteen DS five G specifically free. If you activate a new line of service five G or five G plus unlimited plans, you're going to get a new Samsung Galaxy A fifteen lot of stuff. Go check it out. Total Wireless specifically. I know I like walking into some of the stores that are owned by a company called Victra V I C t R A. But the ones I mentioned San Antonio, Missouri city, big events coming up Victra Total Wireless, Total Wireless dot com. You also can get some home internet some really good, really good price. I'm serious. That's my that's my service that I used for now. Let's see one. How long do we have? I got a question I want? Somebody wrote in Michael Love the show. I know you talk a lot about cars. I'm thinking about getting EV, but before I get an EV, I do want and probably need to get a charger. What's the easiest, best way, best charger the whole process of putting one inside my home? Good question? All right? That comes from Janet Janet actually in San Antonio, Janet installing a home EV charger. It's not that easy, and I'm using a very high level of description there let me, let me give you a way or two to easily, you know, get it done. You can install it yourself, but it's not as simple as you think, because it depends on what type of vehicle you have, what kind of charger you want, how fast do you want it to charge. There's a lot of options. Some of the choices they may be as easy as plugging in an appliance, but for faster charging options, you're probably gonna need a help of an electrician. So a few tips that you may need. You need a good evy charger itself. Tesla makes one, charge Point makes one, United Charger makes one. There's a number of them, okay, And you have to look at the price points of whatever. For example, you know, I went on to Amazon that the Tesla it's I think that's about five hundred and fifty dollars the charge Point one. Also, if you look that on Amazon, that's going to be about six hundred dollars. So that's just for the charger itself, all right. Then you need to figure out what kind of evy charger do you need. There's a level one charger, which is a standard plug. It goes into any outlet in your home. And maybe it's gonna charge you maybe five miles of range every hour that you plug it in, and that depends on your charger and your vehicle and other things. You can go up to a level two charger, which I would recommend. That's much faster, it's got a higher charging output, gonna give you about twenty five miles of range per hour of charging, and that could probably charge your battery from zero to one hundred percent overnight. Now, if you drive under twenty miles before you plug it in, plug it, probably you're okay with a level one charger. Anything above that, definitely go consider a level two charger. For a level two charger, you're probably gonna want to charge, get a get a professional, get a get a professional electrician. Because if you already have a special two hundred and forty volt outlet, that's the stuff that you probably see where you plug your washer dryer and your dryer in your stoves. You could plug your level two charger into that. But I don't know if you have a level two charger in your garage, if you have a hair if you have a washer dryer system in your garage, go behind there, look at your dry if you've got that crazy big round three prong system that's a level two charger. You can just plug it into there. You know, probably don't need an electrician.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: At that point electricians know what to do. They do this more often than not. You're probably gonna pay one hundred dollars an hour for labor. It's gonna take about three four hours. You're gonna spend four to five one hundred dollars. Now one good thing, But then's a good thing when you buy an EV. If you buy EV, ODDS are your dealer, they are going to potentially they could throw in the charger this themselves, and they could throw in the installation. I'm seeing that now be the norm more than it hasn't. And so they're gonna find a trust with the electrician. They're going to give you the whole thing and they'll bring in it. That's the easiest way to go. So Janet Hook that answers a question. Doesn't even matter what type of EV you're thinking. I mean, I can. We're running out of time in this show. You can go to my website. You'd actually, by the way, if anybody wants to hear any of my auto reviews, I have done that for fifteen years. Every single week I get to test drive a brand new vehicle. I get to keep it a week. I give you my thoughts. It is not paid, it is not endorsed because so I rag on them. I'll tell you what's bad about them, but I'm also gonna tell you some of the good features about them too. I do a lot of EV's. Got a Spotify good iHeartRadio. Go to Apple and look for Michael Garfield, or you can look for a high Tech Texan. Spell the whole thing out, high dash Tech, high Tech Texan and you could see years and years and years obviously the most recent ones if you want to, over the past six months or a year. I have a lot of evs that I will talk about. So that's one of the ways that you can find me and listen to me and help make a big purchase, because that's where I'm here for. And with that, it is time to go eat me some barbecue. And I do thank you for tuning in and for all of our partnershare from Cabo Bobs to Total Wireless to.
Speaker 4: The death.
Speaker 1: You know the nice folks at US Coins and Jewelry. If you're looking for a Rolex watch any type of jewelry. You got graduations coming up, and if you collect coins us coins and jewelry on on Katie Freeway on itm phenomena.
Speaker 6: Guy.
Speaker 1: Go seeing you, Kenny, You of the Matthew Kenny, your Matthew or the drunken boys here so greatly. We appreciate you tuning in. Thank you to Callum, Thank you Will and everybody else who's keeping us on the air. We will see you next week unless an asteroid hits the Earth and cars your fingers. That did not happen. Happy Marty Garras, Happy barbecue, Happy Rodeo season. My name is Michael, and right now on my show is oh Ba