Speaker 1: You're listening to bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI AM six forty bill Handle Here. It is a Friday morning, June twenty seven.
Speaker 1: It's the Foody Friday.
Speaker 2: And coming up, since is Friday, we try to look for just fun topics or eight o'clock course. It's fun. It's also very educational with Foody Friday, Neil, and we talk about all kinds of food eight thirty. Nothing particularly educational, except you get to find out stuff about me that I normally don't talk about. It's ask handle anything or I just answer personal questions. And coming up at seven point thirty today, another one that's fun and hugely educational the issue of incontinence that here in America, and I'm going to talk about incontinence.
Speaker 1: Who what, Neil. I want to really share this one with you. Who what? And how you deal with it? Okay?
Speaker 3: Are are you saying negative things about my helvic floor?
Speaker 2: Sir? Yes, yes, I'm saying, well, not so much negative, because it's very common, very common, more so than.
Speaker 1: People think I'm doing keebles right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are all right, We're I'm going to get all into that at seven thirty now today, the Supreme Court is going to issue its final rulings, because today is the final day of the Supreme Court and the big one, and it's going to rule on a few things. First of all, there's two kinds of rulings today. They're going to be like automatic yes, no, the easy.
Speaker 1: Stuff, then some big ones.
Speaker 2: One of them, I think the biggest one, which I find them more most interesting, is the birthright citizenship. And that is President Trump's position that even if someone is born in the United States, that someone should not have a citizen the right to be a citizen if the parents are here illegally.
Speaker 1: Now, that is not unusual.
Speaker 2: There are many countries that do not give birthright citizenship even with parents being legal. For example, people that work in Kuwait, employees of various companies work in Kuwait, those kids who are born in Kuwait are not citizens.
Speaker 1: The same thing here in the United States.
Speaker 2: If a kid is born of diplomats, that's not a citizen. So how does the president get around the Fourteenth Amendment Section one? All persons born or naturalized the United States, that's me and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States and the state wherein they reside some language about, you know, the state shall make no law or enforce any law which.
Speaker 1: Somehow abridges that position.
Speaker 2: And here is it's so clear cut, isn't it. Well, here is what the argument is subject to the jurisdiction thereof, and the anti birthright citizenship people are arguing that illegal aliens are not subject to the jurisdiction because they are not here legally, which, by the way, let me take my vast legal knowledge, and having studied constitutional law in law school and having gone through the Fourteenth Amendment as one of our primary subjects. The conclusion among most legal experts, actually the legal word that's used to describe this position is it is a croc And I'm not going to finish the rest to that sentence, because everybody in the United States is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, which means Fifth Amendment, which means the right to shut up, which means the right to a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Everybody is.
Speaker 2: So this argument is going to be so ridiculous it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: So is the court's going to rule on birthright citizenship? Yes or no? No, it's not. Here's what the court does.
Speaker 2: They rule whenever they can technical issues, yes, amy Yan, and.
Speaker 1: That's what they did.
Speaker 4: We're getting word that the Supreme Court has handed down a decision on this. They didn't rule, as you just said, on whether Trump can ban birthright citizenship. They ruled that district judges have limits. And they're referring to the district judges who are issuing those nationwide injunctions.
Speaker 2: Right and right, And that is a legitimate question. How does a judge in Maryland, a district court judge, have the right to block a position across the country.
Speaker 1: And that's a very legitimate argument.
Speaker 2: And so it was a district judge that made a decision that birthrights citizenship is a constitutional Okay, well, no, that's an issue for the Appeals Court and then the Supreme Court. Because whatever an Appeals Court decision is made, it's only for that district.
Speaker 1: So you can have literally contradictory laws.
Speaker 2: You have the Ninth Circuit ruling one way, you have the Second Circuit ruling another way, and depending on where you live. Now, when you have competing districts, that goes to the Supreme Court virtually automatically. So this is what the Court does is whenever it can, it does not rule on.
Speaker 1: The big issue. It could have.
Speaker 2: It could have straight on said birthright citizenship is constitutional, an attack on it is unconstitutional. Or it could have gone the other way, that there is no birthright citizenship and all jurisdictions or subjects of the jurisdiction thereof, we're going to ignore. They did that with a second amendment with the militia language. Didn't even deal with it, just ignored it. They just went right into the right of Americans to bare arms. Shall not be a bridge. But wait a minute, there's a whole sentence in front of that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Neil, So would this be retroactive if they could? If they don't, and I don't believe they can, But if they could say that birthright you didn't, you.
Speaker 1: Sure could not. I think they can. Yeah, the court can say whatever the hell it wants that would affect me.
Speaker 2: Actually unless unless there is a constitutional amendment or Congress votes that it's retroactive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Change.
Speaker 2: For example, Bill Clinton changed the IRS code and added taxes retroactively. Wait a minute, how do you do that? Well, that's what they did. The IRS made that decision and the Court allowed it. All right, let's continue with a story.
Speaker 1: I want to share with you about plastic waste.
Speaker 2: We generate a lot of plastic waste and it goes into landfills, goes to recycling. But the reality is recycling is not very much. It's a tiny percentage that is used in recycling products. There's more and more, but still it's a tiny percentage relative to the waste part of it. And so what we used to do is sell it to China. China would take our plastic waste. Matter of fact, China would take our old clothes. Was in a situation where it didn't have enough, it didn't have enough raw materials, and so they would take anything and then they would grab the trash, go through it, and then throw the trash into landfills or whatever. So twenty eighteen, China said, we're done with trash from you guys.
Speaker 1: Finished.
Speaker 2: So now where does the plastic go. Well, one of the rules, one of the policies, is we don't want it in the landfill. So we wanted out of here, and much of it was going overseas and it was going to Malaysia. Now, Malaysia is one of the countries that except the trash.
Speaker 1: Well, effective July one.
Speaker 2: It's coming up in a few days they scrap plastic market in Malaysia is done.
Speaker 1: It is no longer. We're no longer.
Speaker 2: Accepting it because we're in violation of the Basil Action. The Basil Action law that came into being. California shipped eight hundred and sixty four shipping containers ten million pounds of plastic waste to Malaysia. That's only second to Georgia. For some reason, Georgia beats it. So the Basil Convention is an international treaty designed to reduce the international movement of hazardous and other waste. The US never signed it because that's what we do, is we move hazardous waste all over the place.
Speaker 1: So who has not signed that convention? Fiji, Haiti, the United States.
Speaker 2: So what is going to happen? Well, we have to figure out where we're going to go with this. And here is the reality is that the recycling world is not really a world.
Speaker 1: It is more of a scam than anything else.
Speaker 2: If you look at the percentage of recycled plastics, if you look at what's actually used, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't.
Speaker 2: For example, did you know that some of the best insulation in walls is made of denim that's used in genes. It is absolutely its phenomenal insulation, probably better than anything else.
Speaker 1: So how many old genes.
Speaker 2: That are tossed are used to make insulation in the building world?
Speaker 1: You tell me. Most people don't even know it exists. And plastics are horrible because how long do they last?
Speaker 2: I don't know, millennia in the world of landfills, and so they do not decompose, they do not go into the atmosphere in like methane. They don't do any good at all except sully up the world. Although isn't it better to have plastics in landfill than it is in the ocean because of the microplastics. Yeah, so you know what we're gonna do. No one takes it here. We're dealing with it. We have a ton of plastic left and we have to deal with it ourselves. It's a big deal for people in the recycling business. Oh. By the way, Amy and Neil, we were talking about Costco this morning and today I'm going to go and do a Costco run because I did one on Monday and now I'm going to go today.
Speaker 1: For breakfast, this morning, I had a chicken bake. Wow, look at you a Kirkland chicken.
Speaker 4: Baked chicken bake.
Speaker 1: A chicken bakes are great.
Speaker 2: It's uh it's a chicken and a little bit of bacon and a sort of a light Caesar dressing wrapped up and a crust a puff pastry.
Speaker 1: It's and then a super fancy hot pocket. Yeah, it is really good.
Speaker 4: Don't you get those outside at the where you get the.
Speaker 2: You do that outside too, but they also, because of popular demand, they also sell them inside in a package, a frozen package, and I think there are eight per box.
Speaker 1: And that's what I had this morning for breakfast. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 4: I just go get some of those.
Speaker 1: You will really like them.
Speaker 4: They just made like one hundred thousand people really hungry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they're They're very very good. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I I don't know why cost doesn't advertise on this program or they don't advertise at all, and they don't have to because they have people like me. All right now, I want to do a story that I picked up for the New York Times, and it's an important story because a lot of you suffer from.
Speaker 1: This and it's about incontinence.
Speaker 2: And you'd be surprised how many people actually have incontinence, and they're not going to.
Speaker 1: Tell you because it's so embarrassing. There are several this different kind of incontinent SI.
Speaker 2: I guess one is called stress incontinence, coughing, sneezing, laughing, jumping, pregnancy, oh man, laughing during pregnancy because of the pregnancy itself presses down on the bladder. Quick story, when Marjorie was pregnant with the kids, when she would laugh, it was very tough, and I would take her out to dinner and I would tell her jokes, and unfortunately.
Speaker 1: For her, she still thought I was funny.
Speaker 2: It was a mess, and I thought it was the funniest I just loved it, funniest.
Speaker 1: Thing in the world. As the pe was going down her leg. Hm.
Speaker 2: Another one is urge in continence, when you feel the urge and your bladder.
Speaker 1: Isn't even full. This is as a result of nerve injury. That is a little tougher to deal with. So a couple of things.
Speaker 2: If you have or know someone who has incontinence, and by the way, again it's so much caught common. One of the most common ways to cover it, or one common way to deal with it is google exercises either noodle coogel or potato cougle, which I happened to. Uh, I'm a fan of noodle kogel myself.
Speaker 3: Keegel, you don't actually put a Jewish sweet or savory dish in your crotch.
Speaker 1: Oh, I always get those two confused. You can also you.
Speaker 2: Could also you could also consider medication anti col jeric generic I have no idea blocks receptors.
Speaker 1: In the bladder to reduce contractions. That helps.
Speaker 2: And then they're the fun ones, which are considered quote minimally invasive procedures. Injecting bulking agents into the arethra and they got that from Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 1: Very few people know about that. That's where the name came from.
Speaker 2: And so can you imagine bulking agents into the arethra or surgically inserting a sling beneath it to help support it. Wow, Botox into the bladder, Ooh, that's fun. That stiffens the organ's muscles, neuro modulation, Surgically implanting a device that delivers electrical impulses. You think that would help you pee more, but it does help. So here are and this is by the way, legitimate, I mean as much fun as I'm having with this. So many people have this, that this article was written and they talked to doctors specialize in this. Identify public restrooms before forehead know where they are. There are, for example, bathroom locator apps. Wherever you go to public places. Traveling on a plane, up for.
Speaker 1: An aisle seat on a long ride.
Speaker 2: Consider bringing a portable toilet or one of those little devices.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what we do on long drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have those trucker bags or whatever that solidify urine. Yeah, you can pee in them and then it just it it's no longer liquid. Oh I didn't know that. Yeah, it's got this stuff that absorbs liquid and then you can throw it away safely. And okay, it doesn't still all right, And I haven't gotten to the point where I need boat crotch, but I okay.
Speaker 2: And then the last, the last story I want to share with you, another Marjorie story is Marjorie is older than I am. Not a lot, but she is older than I am. And when I would do personal appearances, you remember Neil, Marjorie would come along and I would tell people, Uh, take when when you shake hands, take a look on the side and you'll see the depends lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll see the little lines of depends. And people would do that.
Speaker 2: They would go up to Marjorie and sort of cock their head around and look, and Marjorie would sort of smile and say, I don't wear them.
Speaker 1: Bill is a jerk now in new long fitting. Yeah, absolutely true, all right.
Speaker 2: In another page of the insanity that's going on with this administration, the President has instructed the National Park Service to scrub any language that he would deem negative, unpatriotic, or smacking of improper partisan ideology.
Speaker 1: Wooh.
Speaker 2: And these are signs and presentations at the visitor centers. The administration is ordered the National Park and hundreds of other monuments and museums supervised by the Department of Interior, to ensure that all of their signage quoting by the way, all of their signage reminds Americans of our extraordinary heritage, consistent progress towards becoming a more perfect union, and unmatched record of advancing liberty, prosperity, and human and human flourishing. And opponents and free speech advocates are spinning in disbelief. How are park employees supposed to put put a sunny spin on slavery, Jim Crow Laws, the fight for civil rights.
Speaker 1: How does that advance liberty? When we had Jim.
Speaker 2: Crow laws slavery, that's the advancement of liberty. Man's in our National Historical site. This is in California. It was the biggest of the camps, ten camps where one hundred and twenty Japanese American civilians, the vast majority being citizens, were imprisoned.
Speaker 1: They were in internment camps during the early nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: There went up to sign this is part of the liberty of the United States. This is part of us advancing democratic values. Just as we put one hundred to two twenty thousand Japanese Americans into these camps. I mean, think about that. That was fdr by the way that wrote the order on those signs gets even better. It includes a ker code visitors can use to report any signs that are negative about either past or living Americans that failed to emphasize the beauty, grandeur in abundance of landscapes.
Speaker 1: That's also part of the provision.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't argue at all that politics are part of this, because the Department is instructed to scrutinize signs put ups in January of twenty twenty, when Joe Biden became president. Only only those four years and beyond. And the argument is that this language that was put up perpetuates a false reconstruction of American history. What we didn't have slavery, we didn't have Jim Crow laws, we didn't put one hundred and twenty thousand Japanese Americans into internment camps. Figure that one out, man. I don't know about this, well, I do know it's crazy. The order directs federal employees and historians to rewrite the quote revisionist history that is now being used with language that exudes patriotism.
Speaker 1: We have to talk about patriotism.
Speaker 2: I guess putting one hundred and twenty thousand Japanese Americans civilians into internment camps as part of our patriotic move just a quick word historically, do you know how many cases of espionage were proven of one hundred and twenty thousand Japanese Americans?
Speaker 1: Zero? Zero.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Germans look up the German American Bund, which was a pro Nazi organization. They called themselves American Firsters, led by Charles Lindberg. By the way, that talked about not getting US involved in World War two, and the Germans that were part of that, that organization was riddled with spies that were spying for Nazi Germany. However, the rest of it, what happened on the West coast with the Japanese that's particularly offensive the Japanese, by the way.
Speaker 1: Is by the way, just a quick little bit of history.
Speaker 2: When DeLorean was arrested and tried, you remember that on the cocaine charge, and it was impossible for him to be acquitted, impossible because they had the FBI had him on video tape accepting cocaine, selling cocaine and getting hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: And you know how he prevailed.
Speaker 2: He got the one judge in the system who as a kid was in one of those internment camps, Japanese judge who did not trust the government in anything the government said, and was a federal judge. All right, KF I am six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.