Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, Dev Bowen, and I'm Samantha Fay, and.
Speaker 1: We're so excited that you were with us with one of our all time favorite episodes. We're talking about your questions and so we hope it's safe for you to do. So. Sit back with a cup of tea and let's get started.
Speaker 2: Samantha, Okay, I don't think we have as many sign stories this month, so we're gonna have to read through these and see if we can gleam a theme. Remember last month we were saying there's like always a theme.
Speaker 1: I know it. We'll see what happens with these this month.
Speaker 2: Okay. Our first one says I wanted to share with you both a dream I had a few months ago in which Samantha appeared. I was walking through the streets of what looked like a medieval town, similar to the ones that appeared in old fashioned fairy tale books. There were a lot of people in the streets. As they kept walking, I spotted Samantha standing in near proximity to me and smiling at me. I was very surprised, and I said to myself, oh MG, am I going to get a reading from Samantha Fay. Samantha Cavern stood next to me and said, Viviana, your mom is telling me that there is a song you really like. Can you tell me which one it is. I hesitated to answer and thought to myself, Gosh, I like a lot of songs. What if I tell Samantha the wrong woman. Then this Mexican song from the late fifties that both my mom and my grandmother used to play a lot when I was young came into my head. A few seconds later, the song started playing for everyone in the place where we were. The name of the song is Bonita, which means pretty in Spanish. Samantha, you looked at me with a big smile and said, yes, that's the song. We continued walking along the little streets of the town, and then I asked Samittha if my mom was okay wherever she was. You then stopped walking and looked at me and said, yes, she's doing great. I then woke up with tears in my eyes. My mom passed away seven years ago, very suddenly, from an aggressive form of leukemia. My sister and I both had a very difficult relationship with her because she was a very difficult and complex person to be around, and she could be at times very fluctuating in her mood. I really struggled with the grieving process as I felt angry and sad for many years. This dream brought me so much peace and gratitude that I can honestly say I am in a completely different place regarding her passing now, and I believe this dream was very important in assisting me with this shift. I want to say thank you ladies for the amazing job you guys do sharing knowledge to all the people that listened to your podcast. And I want to end by saying to Smytha, I love your books. I have both an audible and I'm currently listening to The Awake Dreamer for the second time. May you both continue to be blessing successful in your endeavors.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is such a very cool dream experience. And you know, uh huh, I'm not gonna call it a dream experience. That is such a cool soul travel experience because I don't know a lot. A lot stands out to me. First of all, I was just talking over the holidays to my kids about like my idea of heaven, and I do describe it like an old fashioned fairy tale, like little cottages and like a medieval town. You and I have talked about that, deb, haven't we We have? Yeah, So I just think that's interesting that she saw that. I think it's interesting that I said to her in the dream, you know about the favorite songs, Like if I were actually doing a reading, can you imagine, deab if I was like, I have your mom here and she's telling me your favorite song, can you tell me what that is?
Speaker 1: I think that's the way it works.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the way it works, but I love that in this experience she came up with, you know, bonita, which means pretty. I think that's like such a beautiful message from her mom that she's beautiful, that our listener is beautiful, and that all all is working out beautifully. And finally, the fact that she had a difficult relationship with her mother, and I'm the one she saw in the dream who had a difficult relationship with my mom, and not you, Deb, who had a great relationship with your mom. Like, isn't that interesting?
Speaker 1: Well? It is. And I want to add a couple of thanks to your comments and the comments that she made in her story to us. One is exactly I was going to say. Exactly what you said is you know she has the capability to do this on her own. She really didn't need you. She knew the name of the song, she knew the message, and what her subconscious did I think was invited you in as kind of a safety net for her to explore what she really already knew. The other thing that I would say about this is so many folks send us emails about grief and what that means in their lives in a variety of ways. And one thing that I really want folks to hear is that there's no right or wrong way to grieve. There are no rules about grieving. There's no time limit on grief and grieving someone that you should be grieving and I use that word in quotes, and that you wish things had been different about but yet the relationship was for whatever reason, tumultuous or whatever. There's no guilt involved in that. Don't do that to yourselves. It is simply what it is. And now you have an opportunity when the person is gone, to examine you feel about them and what you would really like for them to know about how you feel now and all of those things are perfectly okay and acceptable.
Speaker 2: Well that's so beautifully said Dev. You're absolutely right. And to listeners who have reached out to us and said, gosh, you always are reading emails from people who have dream visitations or signs from their loved ones. You know, my parent, my brother, my pet has been gone for this along, haven't heard anything. Please take comfort. This listener has been dealing with this complicated degree for seven years. True story finally had this great dream experience from her mom.
Speaker 1: And think about Grandy Jean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw partying deb The party is not over. She's not popping in to see you yet.
Speaker 1: I know, but it hurts my heart. I just assumed she would show up and she has not. She's talked to other people at sending me messages, lots of them you all know about, but nada, you know. So yeah, I get I get that feeling.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me move us on.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: Next person says, I really enjoy to row an oracle decks and only read for myself. When I draw cards. I only lay out three to four to row cards and a single oracle cards. I never do a specific spread. I just draw and see what comes up. I'm resistant to doing a specific spread, as I want to know how the cards know where to position themselves when I draw them. Do I think about it spread while I'm shuffling. In addition to my question, I'm curious to know how all of this works together and how I should do it. A lot of your questions are questions that we address in my Unlocking the Mysteries of to Row course that I teach periodically. I just finished one, so I'm not sure when there's another one coming. You know, there is many ways to lay out cards, as there are people who lay them out, and I don't know that there are specific rules. There are some traditional guidelines, and just doing random layouts of three or four cards it's certainly one way you can do that. There's a vast difference between Toro cards and oracle cards that have very different intents and very different connections to energy. So I would simply say to you, if this feels like it's working for you, and you're getting the information that you think you are seeking answered, then do what you're doing.
Speaker 2: There's something about this question that reminds me of how I used to be before I really understood intuition and Basically that was me trying to understand and overthink it. And I feel like a part of what she needs to do is surrender and trust that the cards know where to position themselves when you draw them. That that's the magic and mystery of Touro.
Speaker 1: It is the magic and mystery of Too. And for folks who have taken my classes, they have heard me say one hundred times, it isn't about me. It isn't about me as the reader. I need to get me and my ego out of the way and trust to Row. And there's if there's one thing in the world I trust, it is the energy of to Roe to know and do and say what needs to be shared exactly.
Speaker 2: Deb Is it pouring where you are? No, it is p pouring rain. I'm looking out the window. It is pouring rain, and I've got my little cup of Holy beaesel tea. I feel like we really are virtually around a kitchen table.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a cup of coffee, so here we are.
Speaker 2: Okay, Our next one says, last week, on my day off, I had a few appointments and some running around to do in the valley, the urban area where I live. We live in a very rural area, and I usually try to avoid the valley as I'm not a fan of the hustle and bustle. I'd finished with my appointments and was on the road home when I had the urge to make one more stop at a local goodwill store. This isn't normal for me. I'm not a shopper and I usually just want to get back home. I walked into the store not quite sure what I was looking for or where to start looking. I just knew I needed to stop. I wandered over to the home goods section. As I was browsing the first shelf, a thought popped into my mind, maybe I'll find a crystal or a rock. And as I made my way to the next shelf of trinkets, home goods and gadgets, there it was the most beautiful raw amethyst cluster. I knew that I was meant to find that amethyst, but I am unsure of why. Is it a sign from my guides? Was I drawn to find it because I needed it? Any insights you have would be so appreciated. Also, being that my beautiful amethyst came from a thrift fine, should I be concerned about cleaning it okay, all great questions.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We also had a question come in. I'm not sure if it's in today's list of questions or not, but someone was asking, how do you find your personal crystal? How do you know what crystal should be like your meditation crystal or your working crystal. This is one of those ways when you feel that pull because here she is out shopping, she just wants to go home. She gets a thought to just stop at the local good will store. Then she gets another thought, maybe she'll find a crystal. That's all sympatico, that's all intuition, working and connecting. So that crystal probably needed to be rescued, and she needed the aspects of that amethyst cluster, so it's a win win on both sides. A raw amethyst cluster is fantastic for providing group harmony in the home and having everyone work together. It's a wonderful stone for connecting with your higher self, with your guides, with your intuition, with your sense of what is your faith now? What do you believe? Now? Where are you on your spiritual journey now? Amethyst is one of the best crystals for meditation, but so many other things I mean, it's called the all Healer, so it really does so many things. So there's a lot of fun things you can research and start to learn about your amethyst. But when it's in a cluster formation, it's even better because it's like all these little amethysts working together for each other and for you. So I would say that this is a sign, possibly from your guides, but I think it's also a sign from your higher self that you really are learning to trust yourself, to trust the innercompass within you, to trust your inner innate wisdom. And look what you can find when you listen to that still small voice within You can find a new crystal friend. So I think this is the sign really that it was telling you to listen to yourself. Now, whether you get a crystal from a thrift store or a brand new crystal store, it doesn't matter that crystal is old and it's been other places before it came to you, So you should always cleanse it physically and emotionally and spiritually. So you can check out some of our archive shows on cleaning crystals, but in general I would clean it emmet. This is pretty hearty, so you can definitely clean it under running water you can run it through some smudge. You can soak it in a bowl of rice and then you know, toss out the rice. You can do all sorts of wonderful things. You can use a crystal singing bowl to clean it. But yes, I would definitely physically clean it and then energetically clean it and then see how your relationship unfolds from there.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that broken piece of amethyst geode that any gave me years ago? Yeah? I love that stone and it lives on a table in my living room for exactly the reasons you've just mentioned. It's about healing, and it's about connection, and it's that amazing gift of connecting to our higher self, and just I love that. I love that particular rock a lot.
Speaker 2: Amethyst does a lot, but it has a very gentle energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does, it really does.
Speaker 2: It almost reminds me of rose quartz.
Speaker 1: Yes, although I think the healing content is different from amethyst. Between amethyst and rose quartz.
Speaker 2: Oh no, totally, I do. I agree with that. But I mean, you know how rose quarts kind of like it's like having almost like a spiritual hug. Yeah, your heart chakra. I feel like amethyst is like a spiritual hug for your third eye and crown chakra.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we get a lot of questions from folks about, oh, I need a stune for protection and this, that and the other. And so when I tell people that on my deck is this rose quartz the size of a football, they say, ooh, I didn't know the rose quarts does protection. Well, that piece of rose quartz is on my port to generate and radiate love both inside and outside my house. So think about the various ways that stones work. And the laundry list of amethysts, for example, is long and all those wonderful things. But it's also important to really connect with it. One of the things that I think you and I would both recommend to this listener is visit after she cleans it. She spends some time just sitting with it, just holding it. Not necessarily to expect some kind of heat radiating in your body or all that stuff, although it may happen, but to just ask it to work with you, ask it to be a part of your life. Now that it's living with you, welcome it into your home.
Speaker 2: You have to give your crystals attention. Yep, you really really do. Michael came over to pick me up for dinner the other night, and I had all my crystals on my living room carpet and he walks it and he goes, oh, are you babysitting today? It looks like Show and Tell over here. And I was like, no, I was just, you know, having a moment with my crystals. But don't you just kind of get your little bull crystal sometimes and you're like, oh, who should I meditate with now? Who should I use in a grid now? Or who hasn't been front and center in a while.
Speaker 1: I do that a lot, absolutely, and I do that. I'll go through a period of time where it's the world is coming to an end if I don't clean every stone in this house at the same time. So I know that's going to be an all day event, right, And that's okay because as I handle each one, as I cleanse it, as I put it down to dry, if it's one that has been in water, I spend some time with it, with every single stone and say thank you. And then at the end of all of that, I will think, Okay, who needs who do I need in this point in time? And I don't have necessarily a preconceived notion of the answer of that. It's just a matter of trusting and I'll pull I don't know, spirit quarts, for example, and it's in my hand, and it's like, Okay, you're going to come over here and sit on the table next to my meditation chair, and we're going to be together for a while, and I just trust when that happens.
Speaker 2: That's what I see. And that's like the other question. You just have to trust in this process.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, Okay, let's move on. Okay, I will want to keep this short. So my question is, what is your opinion on alcohol? And I don't just mean us drinking it in regards to vibration, but I mean if someone in my case, me has a problem with alcohol, binge drinking, or alcoholism, what would you say about your soul contract? And I don't just mean us drinking it in regards to vibration, but I mean, if someone in my case, me has a problem with alcohol, binge drinking, or alcoholism, what would you say about your soul contract? Do you think that drinking alcohol can throw us off our contract? I just recently realized that if I keep going the way I've been going, I'll end up losing my husband or definitely causing issues that may not be reversible. Ever since I decided I don't want alcohol in my life, I felt so peaceful, like a weight lifting off my shoulders. Well, this is a good and really hard question. I know that Samantha and I both can't say enough about how important support is as someone is going through a withdrawal in their life from any kind of addictions. And so I'm a firm believer in alcoholics Anonymous, I know you are to Samantha. I'm also in favor of the ancillary organizations for your family members Alateine is it? What's the one for Alan? Alan On? For spouses and families. So I would urge you to get support from folks who are who have been through what you're going through. I think that for folks who don't have a problem with alcohol, I don't know that drinking is a problem in terms of metaphysics, but I will say this, I won't read for people who are drinking, and I never drink. If I'm doing any kind of metaphysical work, I just don't. I feel like I need all of the channels as clear as I can possibly get them. I know some years ago, back when I was doing those Halloween readings at a museum in town with Granny Jean. I've developed a nice relationship with lots of people who came to see me year after year, and one was a lovely young woman who then contacted me and asked me if I would read for her bachelorette party. And I'm not much on doing readings for parties in any case, but for her, I said, I will be happy to do that. If I come to the party and there's nothing on the table but soft drinks and m and ms and peanuts, and you'd all have not had a drop to drink until after I leave. She said, I promise that will be exactly what you will see, and they did. It was a nice, nice group of young women, and I had a lovely time, and they had a lovely time, and the readings were great, and there was no alcohol involved. And what they did after I left was entirely up to them. But we both were very committed to the idea that we were not going to have anything interfering with the channels of communication with spirit. And that's one of the things that alcohol does for me, at least, I would not.
Speaker 2: Oh, I completely agree. I just rewatched a documentary because I was getting ready to send it to students in my class. It's called Everyday Man or every Man colon Mediums. It's on Prime I think it's on YouTube as well, and it really really features Gordon Smith, who you know I just love and adore. And there's a seed where he and his adult son are going over like his schedule of readings, and he's smoking away and he's drinking coffee and he's worked all day. He's a barber and he's getting ready to do readings all night and the sun's the sun said something like do you want a beer or Dad? And he was like, no, no, not that before reading. And I'm thinking, okay, but caffeine and nicotine is good, but not not a beer.
Speaker 1: But I understand that because you know I used to smoke. Remember, Yes, I get that.
Speaker 2: No, I know. I just thought it was really funny. So yeah, I agree with everything you said. Deb I do not think that you should partake in alcohol or other mind altering substances before, during, before, or during any type of meditation or readings, whether you're giving the reading or receiving the reading. But in terms of the bigger part of her question and her struggle with alcoholism. I do think it is part of our soul plan when we have this type of struggle to go through. You know, each of us in our soul plan have chosen certain difficult circumstances that we have to face and deal with, and so this just might be your biggest one. I think it's I really do think addiction has got to be the biggest challenge that any soul can learn to deal with. I know, you know, for my dad, he entered AA in nineteen eighty six and he died what two years ago, three years ago. I tried not to think about it, and that was always his proudest accomplishment out of all the other wonderful things he accomplished, because it was so hard one, you know, and it wasn't like, ooh, I did that, what's next? It was every day. I really feel like every day it was a choice for him, and going to those beings every day was the choice he made. So you were right to have You've got it. You know. She has to find all of the support that that she can, and AA is a wonderful way to do it. And therapy is another wonderful way to do it. But I also think prayer is a way to do it as well, you know, because you've got to you've got to get to that rock bottom in order to really realize that giving giving this up is worth more than what you could lose, because you know, she says, I could lose my husband, I could cause issues that are irreversible. To come to that moment is amazing and huge and a miracle in and of itself.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I would just like to ask anyone listening to this right now, wherever you are, whether you're listening to this a year from now or you know, six months from now, or right when it airs, just say a prayer to this listener. You don't have to know her name. All you have to do is say, please send love, blessings and support to this listener and anyone dealing with addiction issues. I really think that goes a lot.
Speaker 1: I do too. Thank you for offering that.
Speaker 2: Great Okay, our next one says, I wanted to tell you a story about my precious dog named Hawthorne. I had the privilege of adopting hawthee four years before he crossed to the other side. The moment I saw Hawthorne. It was love at first sight, and I always knew he was a magical soul. He loved mac and cheese. I love the idea of a dog scrambling got back in cheese. She says, this will be relevant. And he had beautiful, enormous moon eyes. People used to stop being on the street to tell me that my dog was staring directly into their souls. After helping Hawthorne pass, my friend and I came back to my house and had some leftover pizza. I like my pizza cold, but my friend likes her as warm, so I asked her if she wanted me to heat hers in the microwave, at which point she started to lament that she wished she could heat leftovers in her microwave, but hers was still broken, so I microwaved hers life. We sat on my couch crying, eating pizza, and talking about our Hathey. I told my friend I knew i'd get a sign from him, and I couldn't wait to see what it would be. During our conversation, my friend mentioned that she had bought frozen mac and cheese at the store the other day, something she never buys because again her microwave is broken, but something made her buy it, thinking maybe she could bring it to work and heat it up there. But now it was making her think of Hawthorn. I'm not kidding what I say. He loved mac and cheese. At that point, I said out loud, Hawthorne, did you hear that Dee has mac and cheese at home? If you fix her microwave, she will make it for you, and I will take this as my sign from you. Now, this was a total joke. The microwave had not worked for a year, despite my friend trying to run it and fix it every once in a while. So we laughed and said that if anyone could fix the microwave, it would be Hawthorn, and then we let it go. Later that night, my friend went home and facetimed me with a plate of her heated mac and cheese that she had made in her microwave, which was now somehow working. She ate some and of course left a plate out for Hawthorne under his picture in her house. It's January now and the microwave is still working. She uses it every day and thanks hawthy for every use. I've even gone over to try it myself. I have no doubt that Hawthorne fixed her microwave. He has sent me many more signs that are just as remarkable, but this one was his first and was so undeniably him.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that.
Speaker 2: I know I do too.
Speaker 1: I love this, I do you know, Samantha. Remember there's a microwave in the house I live in, but I've never used it. I don't know how to use a microwave. Don't want to know how to use a microwave. It's a whole other thing.
Speaker 2: However, it's a whole thing people that Amazon and Walmart. Don't get her started on any of those.
Speaker 1: No, let's not go there. So in any case, but when I had my Merlin, he loved to ride in my camper with me. He loved it and his there was a I had a speaker, I mean, like an old fashioned and I don't they don't even make these anymore, like a stereo speaker that I was wedged between the two front seats, and I used it as a speaker when I was driving, and when I was camping, I turned it over and used it as a table. But Merlin's place was to perch on that speaker, and he would sit there with one with his left front paw on my shoulder and we'd go down the road and if this truck started doing something funky, I would say, Okay, Merlin, help me fix her. We can't afford to get her fixed, and he would pat my shoulder and the truck would stop making whatever funky noise it was. So so I do think that Merlin and miss p which was my camper's name, and I had this amazing bond. And the other piece of this that I loved so much is I understand the cheese thing. My Merlin would do anything I ask him to do for a piece of any kind of cheese, but cream cheese particularly. This cat would leap from the floor to my shoulder, shake hands, roll over, play dead, do all sorts of things anytime I ask him to do anything, as long as there was a piece of cheese at the end of the game. So I love that connection that she still has with her wonderful hawthorn. And I don't think that ever that connection ever completely goes away. I think they're kind of busy at helping other people on the other side as they helped us on this side. But I think that connection is always there with that very special four legged person.
Speaker 2: Well, before we go to brig, I have a little sad story to share. So you know, we're getting ready to move and my daughters are coming home soon to help, you know, with the final process and to say goodbye. And guess what they've requestedb would.
Speaker 1: You dig up the dead pets?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 2: Yep, I don't know how I'm going to do that. I planted little trees by them, so yeah, I'm going to have to bring them with us, and they and they, but one of them got really weepy and said, Lily's home is with us, so she has to come.
Speaker 1: Are they in boxes? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh that's helpful, Yes, very hopeful. Okay, but I also wanted to share with everyone. When deb and I were recording last week, do you remember you heard the dog barking? Yeah, I played it back. It's not on the recording, so it was not a neighbor.
Speaker 1: There was clearly a dog barking on that recording from your house. Yeah, and it was the kind of bark that Lily used to do, or maybe even more Charlie. When you know Charlie would stand at the door and holler and whine and maybe sure, yeah, I may have been Charlie. No, okay's right, I'm not happy.
Speaker 2: Note let's take a quick break and we will be right back.
Speaker 1: Hi, folks, I have to tell you about this exciting new course I've got coming up in Ma. The course invites you to explore where you are on your metaphysical journey and how all of those various concepts come together and work together in some kind of consistent, systematic order. So it's a three session course entitled The Path to Yourself, Finding the Beginnings and making sense of it all. It invites you to figure out how to walk your path calmly and to be organized about it, and to be able to understand how all these different ideas raiki and crystals and past lives and sole purpose and energy and sacred geometry and all that stuff aren't just separate entities, but all have a connection and a systematic way of approaching them. So I hope you'll join me for that course. The details are on my website Deboen dot com. By zoom Afternoon section and Evening section available three intensive weeks of material. I hope you'll join me.
Speaker 2: Sounds exciting and dev and I are getting ready to celebrate our anniversary. How many years will it be in.
Speaker 1: March fifteen, Samantha.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years of doing Psychic Teachers, And if we could have an imaginary drum world because I'm not very good with adding sound effects. Yet, we are going to have Joel on the show. I'm so excited because he was with us from the very beginning and so longtime listeners know that Joel used to pop on from time to time and share his love of crystals with us, and he's coming back on the show. So if you have a crystal question that you want him to address, just post it on our Facebook page or you can email us Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. And as a reminder, in April, I will be in Charlotte, North Carolina at George Norri's Meet and Creep. I'm going to be on stage talking to him and I'm nervous, so to see any Psychic Teacher listeners in the audience would be a super great comfort. You can find out more about that at my website Samanthafay dot com. Anything else we should mention.
Speaker 1: I think not other than folks do go see Samantha and don't miss our anniversary show fifteen years. We have lots to talk.
Speaker 2: About, so yes, we do. It'll be exciting, okay.
Speaker 1: Our next one says, I was listening to psychic teachers while running some errands one weekend while my daughter was with her father. He and I have a yo yo relationship, up and down all the time. I'm convinced we have a karmic connection, and he is in my life on purpose and for a specific life lesson. Believe me, that man has taught me quite a lot about myself through our ups and downs. On the day I was already feeling down from a negative interaction with him after dropping off our daughter. One of your episodes in particular caught my interest. It was just discussing cord cutting, and by the end I was hooked on this topic and bought myself some black kai and I to perform cord cutting with my daughter's father. I love him and am thankful for all that he has taught me, but I was more than ready to release all the negativity between us so I can focus on the things that served me instead. I performed the chord cutting. It was incredibly cathartic. I felt so much lighter and was thankful for the perfect timing of that episode. But now I have a question. I pulled one to row card daily, and less than a week after the cord cutting, I pulled the two of cups three times in a week. First it was two days in a row, and then I got suspicious I was doing something wrong, so I shuffled extra well every day. I shuffled a little longer than I used to, and three days later I pulled the two of cups again. This is a card that usually refers to romantic relationships. I just cut the cord between me and my so I know it's not about that, and I definitely don't want a new relationship. Yet I couldn't figure out what it meant was under to understand, so I turned to research. I haven't found too many sources of information not related to romantic relationships, so I'm curious. Is it possible this card could be telling me to work on loving myself more and doing more inner work. I love it when people answer their own questions.
Speaker 2: Make start so easy.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely, there you go, that's it we're doing. No, let me give some detail. I don't mean to be facetious. That's one of the things that happens inter row very often is that the card that face value means X, and therefore that's what the card means. That is so not the case with the two of Cups. The cups is about emotion. It is indeed about emotions, and it's about finding the inner parts of ourselves and loving all of who we are. Each of us is way more than just a particular adjective, So think in terms of finding a deeper relationship with oneself, and that's exactly what that card means. Two is the number of duality. So it's about looking at those various aspects of ourselves, the good and not so good, and the parts of us that we show to the world and the parts of us that we do not show to the world. For example, when I do a numerology reading, I talk about your heart number, that number that's connected to who you are internally, and your personality number, which is connected to who you are out into the world. So all of us have these various aspects of ourselves, and the two of Cups invites us to spend time getting to know ourselves better and being more deeply connected to ourselves in lots of different ways. So yes, your sentence at the end is the bottom line answer to the question that you have asked. I also invite you to take a look at eden Gray's book from the early seventies. It's old and it is still one of the classics in to row work. It's called The Complete Guide to Touro by Eden Gray's from the early nineteen seventies, and it's the book I used to teach from, so it's got lots of really good information. I also want to point out something about cord cutting the way. Let me see if I can find the sentence that she wrote here. I performed the chord cutting. It was incredibly cathartic, and that's wonderful. But you were just ready to release the negativity between you. Well, there's more than that. So when we really do a deep cord cutting, we cut the chord. It's not just about one aspect of a relationship. It's about the whole thing. I think sometimes cord cutting has to be done more than once. I think, Samantha, do you have a take on that as well as the truth conversation?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I kind of agree and disagree with you respectfully. I think that you can cut the negative aspects of a chord, because when you create life with someone, there's always going to be a.
Speaker 1: Chord there, exactly. No, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: So I don't think she should cut the whole chord. I think we have different types of chords with people in our lives, and some are loving and some are not so loving. And I think she cut the not so loving one. And I think that the two of Cops is telling her that even though she's cut these negative connotations with her yo yo relationship with this this gentleman, there's still love there, and not romantic love, but just love of their child and love of the union that created this beautiful person into the world. And so I agree with you that that card keeps showing up because it's saying like, yeah, now it's time to work on healing and loving yourself and doing inner work, but also in reframing the way you love this person. It's not a romantic love, but you're always going to be connected and love this person in a different way.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know what I mean? Like I do.
Speaker 2: There's just different like Okay. So the other week, we took Michael's son to this concert that he loves this music and he and Michael were having so much fun and I just I took a picture of them and that moment of like, Oh, this is great, we're here together and we love this music. And I asked Michael for his ex wife's phone number so I could share the photo with her because I really would like us to be friends. I think she's a wonderful person. I think she's a fantastic mom, and I would like to be able to share that type of stuff going forward. And so I did, and she was super kind and receptive to it. And I told my kids and they were like, Mom, you're so weird. That's so inappropriate. Why does she want a picture of her ex husband hanging out with And I was like, but that's what love is like. Would you have a family and you have children, even if the marriage doesn't work out, there's still there's still love there. It's just a different type of love, and it's it's an inclusive love that can expand to include new people as well. And I think that's what the Cups is about. These two people coming together are representing all the love, past, present and future within those two people.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying, and in a perfect world, Oh your exes would not live in Texas, but they would all be friends with each other. And I think that's certainly a gul to strive for. But I also think that one of the ways we get there, and then I'll put pounding on this, one of the ways we get there in that relationship with other people, and the duality of how that might morphin evolve is to find that balance within ourselves. Remember that's one of the hallmark teachings of teruro is how to find balance in our lives. And if you look at those two intertwining figures there in the two of cups, you see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so true. Are you calling me a Pollyanna again?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I thought so. Darn it nicely, though you did do it very nicely. I appreciate that. Our Dixwood says, I've begun to work more with connecting with my guides, doing some mediumship work, and find my energy gets zapped. Afterwards, I find it get refueled by reconnecting with what makes me happy. It refuels my spiritual tank. Why does this occur? Yeah, okay, I can tell you why this occurs because I've experienced too. So it's so lovely to be able to do a meditation, to do mediumship work to connect with your guides. It feels amazing, but afterwards it can tank your energy. And I think that's because we exist in this world at a certain regulatory vibration field. Everything is energy. We're always vibrating all of the time. But when we are meditating to connect with our guides and loved ones on the other side, which is what's involved in mediumship work, we have to lived and raise our vibrations so much higher than our energy is used to. So it's like, you know, you might enjoy every day jogging around your neighborhood and you feel great and it refuels you because that makes you happy. But after you do a marathon, it feels great. You know, you trained, you did it, you ran the marathon, but afterwards you're zapt of all energy because it's not something you're used to. So the more you do work to connect with your guides, the more mediumship work you do, the more use you're going to get to living and existing at that high vibratory field. But it's going to take some time, so your energy is going to be a little bit sapped afterwards, and that's okay. You just have to recognize that and plan for it. Make sure a lot of people will eat a heavy meal after they do some medium shipwork, or they'll do some grounding, or they'll just kind of put their hands in the earth, you know, do some gardening or pull some weeds, anything that kind of refills your energy and grounds you. So I would just say keep doing it. It's it's a good thing. It's not a bad thing that your energy is zapped afterwards. And you'll notice as you strengthen that intuitive muscle, like any muscle in our body, it gets easier and easier with time.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have anything to add to that.
Speaker 2: Good That means we agree on that one, Okay.
Speaker 1: Our next one is fairly long, and it says my dad as late stages of Parkinson's, which also targets his brain and nervous system. He is an amazing person, always doing everything for others, and even now tries to apologize for being sick. Our hearts are breaking. I feel I am able to somewhat be a source of light in this dire situation from listening to you both, and have used some of your practical tips shared in earlier episodes for example, bringing magazines, taking care of his physical needs as much as humanly possible. He has beautiful images of Mother Mary, Jesus and Saint Francis around him, which offer comfort as he's very religious. But I'd love to know if there's more I can do spiritually. Here are my questions. I'm hoping you can provide guidance and ideas on what can be done spiritually for loved ones and palliative and hospice care. I usually pray and ask for my dad to be surrounded by feelings of love, kindness, and happy energy. I also ask for guidance to be able to clearly see what I can do to help the situation. I feel this has helped with his physical needs somewhat. When I enter, I visit his room full of loving energy and happiness. After I leave, it's like getting hit by a truck of emotions. My dreams are relentless, night after night. I'm trying to help Dad, but he remains unable to speak clearly in his weak I am learning reiki, but worry my training classes will be too late to be helpful. I would like to call upon loved ones who have pasked to be present and offer comfort if they are able, but I don't want to invite in anything unpleasant. Accidentally, I also feel called to make a crystal grid on a happy picture of dad, but I don't inadvertently want to make things worse. I love your thoughts on this, and if you could please share any ideas or spiritual tips that might be useful during this difficult time, it would be very much appreciated. First of all, let me say I know I speak for Samantha two when we say how very sorry that you and your family are going through this and that your dad is living this. I know I have friends whose father's story is very similar to what you're describing here, and it is indeed a very difficult time. I know that I would say that you are doing so much so right. That is so helpful to him, and I hope to yourself, because part of being supportive and caring for someone with a long term illness like this is that you also have to take for your care of yourself. My grandma used to say you can't give from an empty well, and she was absolutely right. You have to take time to replenish and take care of your energy. Your comment about feeling like you've been hit by a truck. I get that, and so what you have to do then go home and take care of yourself, absent salts, bats and meditation and get massages for yourself, do things that take care of you so that you're in a place to be able to take care of him. And it sounds like perhaps some of the rest of your family as well. The energy that you take into that room when you visit him is absolutely lovely and wonderful. Keep doing what you're doing, Keep doing what you're doing. So month, I'll have to speak to the reiki thing other than for me to say that your presence itself, your love itself, is as healing as any reiki you can ever do. And that's my opinion. In terms of making a crystal grid, you can't do it wrong. Do what you want, do what feels right to you. There's nothing wrong about it. You're certainly not going to invite in or allow any negativity. If you're calling on Mary and Jesus and the saints and certainly angels, I would assume it's probably in that list as well. For you, whatever it is, doing it right. When my mother lived in a nursing home and She didn't want much to hear about my beliefs and my view of the world. So I knew that if I took crystals or something to her, that she wasn't going to be much into that. So I had a small piece of clear quartz, and that one side of it had an indentation in it, like the perfect place to put your finger your thumb. So I took it to her and I said, Mama, this is a worry stone. Why don't you keep it by your bed so it gives you something to fidget with if you're feeling anxious. She accepted it with that language, and it was still in her little bedside table when she died, and I brought it home, and now I had it back. Another friend and I who he's a musician, and so is a friend of ours who was in hospice care as he was dying. We went and sang to him. I did something the only time I played a guitar in any close to public in many years, And I sat next to my friend's bed and held my friend's other friend's guitar and sang to him. And we could see in the way his body shifted that he could hear us and that that was comforting and helpful to him, and that he was enjoying us being there. So what I'm really telling you is that your presence, your intentions, the energy that you're feeling is exactly what needs to be there for him and for you, and that your father's time to be here and then his time to transition will be as it's meant to be. And uncomfortable and as painful as that is, I think it's very true. And I think that you will certainly be able to look back on this time and say you did all the right things. And I certainly believe you have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too. It's never easy. There's no easy answer to this. There's no easy way to go through this. There's not a crystal that's going to make it better. There's not a reiky hand position that's going to heal it. It's a difficult thing. But I think you are doing all of the right things. And just to echo what deb said, there's no wrong way to do any of this. You're not going to invite anything negative in because you're doing it from a pure place of total and unconditional love. And keep in mind that whenever we are dealing with something like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. What we've been shown in the readings we've done is that you have one foot on this side and one foot on that side. So anytime you can spend with your father, even if he's not cognizant of it, his soul is. So what I used to do a lot when I would visit my dad is I would just talk to him incessantly, and I would just tell him all the wonderful things he did, all the wonderful attributes of you know, what made him such a good man and father, and I would go over and over and over all my favorite memories. I'm sure it was more for me, but I know he felt it too, even though at that time he didn't really know who I was. But it was very, very comforting to me, and I think it was to him as well. When I opened up to my mediumship, you know, my dad was, you know, interested, but kind of like, huh. He didn't really know what to make of it, and no one in his family ever really came through except his mom, and he was very happy to hear from her once he got into the throes of Alzheimer's. Though his father showed up his childhood dog showed up, and you know, Dad, in some of his lucid moments, would be like okay. And then I knew he was named after his uncle Tom, but I didn't. My dad didn't talk about his family a lot, so I didn't know. Was that his mom's brother. Was that his dad's brother. I didn't know. And I remember when we had to make the decision to put him into the memory care facility, it was just it was just, you know, obviously very very difficult. But I saw this man in an Air Force uniform and he kept saying I got him, I got him. And I told my mom and she was like, oh, that's his uncle Tom, and I was like, oh, I didn't know he was. She was like, why do you think dad went into the Air Force, Like, you know, he loved his uncle Tom. I had no idea. So that was very validating for me. And then I'm sure you guys heard me tell the stories of how, in rare lucid moments, my dad talked about having dreams where his dad and his childhood dog would show up in his room in that memory care unit and try to get him to go up the stairs, which I think was euphemism for through the light. So just know that I've seen firsthand that all of their loved ones are around them, not just when they pass. I'm talking in the months and the years leading up. They're not alone through this illness ever ever. I've seen it, I've witnessed it. I've felt it time and time and time again. So your dad is in good hands here, and he's in good hands there. He's got loved ones all over, including you, And so you're doing the right thing, and we will continue to keep you in our prayers. It's a hard one, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It is it is you will certainly be in our prayers. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to crystals. Okay, this one says I was wondering if either of you have had any experience with moldivite and have any recommendations for working with it. Yes, I think you've come to the right place. Moldivite is a tech tite. It's a type of glass formed from meteorite impacts, and it's believed that it was created around the fifteen million years ago when a meteor struck the Earth and what is now the Czech Republic. The impact caused high pressure heat, fusing the Earth's surface materials with this extra t restural debris, which solidified into the unique glass that we now know as moldivite. The Celts are believed to have used moldivite in amulets and jewelry. Because of its beautiful green color and its mystical allure, it's often called a stone of transformation. It helps accelerate personal growth and spiritual evolution, allowing you to move through significant life changes, and many people who work with moltivite report rapid shifts and consciousness, self awareness, and personal development. It helps facilitate connections with higher realms, enhances clairvoyance, psychic abilities, and communication with spirit guides. In meditation, it helps open up pathways for deeper spiritual experiences. Many report having increased synchronicities and signs from the universe, as well as more powerful manifestations when setting intentions because it's said to help amplify those intentions and desires. But because of its extremely high vibrational energy, it can be overwhelming for some people, especially people who aren't used to working with high vibing stones, so you might experience some physical sensations like dizziness or headaches. Because it's associated with rapid transformation. It can trigger deep emotional healing or allow unresolved trauma to the surface. And of course, you know, while this is a part of the healing process, it might be overwhelming if you're not prepared for it. So you might want to consider using moltivite in small doses or for sure, definitely strongly ground yourself before and after you work with moldivite, especially if you're using it for meditation. Some people find that they experience like energetic imbalances or feelings of being kind of unanchored or unmoored after a prolonged use of moltivte without using grounding techniques. So again, start with short sessions or wearing it for brief periods and see how it affects you. But it is a powerful stone, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, you know. Samantha, many years ago, and I mean like more than twenty years ago, I was looking for a pendulum, and I was in a store and Boulder, and I was testing out a bunch of pendulums. And when I put a pendulum, the pendulum itself was made of rutilated quartz. The handle of the pendulum was moldivit and everything changed The energy and the connection that I had with that pendulum was then and is still to day, absolutely amazing. And I know it's partly, of course, the quartz itself and the work that the rutlated courtz does, but there's also all that wonderful energy and connection that I have with the pendulum handle of moldivit itself. I never had any negative reactions to working with the stone, but it's not something that I wore around my neck or kept on my body. Were close, so I don't know if that would have been different. But I am very grateful for the work that Moldidite does and that it was willing to do some of that work with me.
Speaker 2: I did. I found remember that crystal story you and I liked in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: I do, which is being remodeled by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's changing, for sure, But back then they used to a lot of the workers would work with the stones themselves and put them into their own jewelry molds and wiring. And this lovely young man had taken this beautiful piece of mold device and had wired it to it in a necklace formation in such a way that no matter where I wear it, it looks like he formed it so that the wire looks like a person hugging the moldivite. And I just loved that so much, so I bought the stone, and it took me a while to be able to wear it all day. Now I can't. I've never had a reaction like that to a crystal except Herkimer diamond. I remember the first time Herkimer diamond made me feel a little unmoored as well. But as I started really working with energetic vibrations and practicing daily grounding techniques, now I can wear my moultivite all day long, but it can take some time. It's a powerful.
Speaker 1: Stone, yeah, it is. It absolutely is. Well.
Speaker 2: We hope that you guys have enjoyed these questions and stories as much of as much as deb and I have enjoyed bringing them to you, and we hope that you do take a moment today or tonight or tomorrow to just send up some prayers and blessings to all of the listeners who are dealing with some you know, big stuff grief and courting and really healing and doing and doing the real true work of what it is to be a spiritual person in this world today and we'd like to just extend that blessing and loving energy to all of you listening, praying, and intending that all of us have a beautiful, blest rest of our month, filled with signs synchronicity, but also the knowledge that we are all unconditionally loved and held in supported, not only from each other and the interconnectedness that weaves us all together, but also from all of our loved ones, guides and angels on the other side. We're all in this together. Have a great week. Everyone, be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Take care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.