Speaker 1: And y'all.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 3: News, you neat advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shoot's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Give us a call. You just have to call us at three oh three Martino. Three oh three six two seven, eight four sixty six. That is our number. You can get twenty four to seven and we will happily you know, find you on UH and and UH call you back. So if you give us a call, we will do that for you at three oh three Martino. Now you can also call three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Yes, I want to do a programming note and I am going to hook up the studio here very soon as soon as they sign on.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you that we had a call.
Speaker 5: From someone who said their daughter was obsessed with post malone and he was concerned about it, and we thought, what.
Speaker 3: The heck's going on with that? He said, my fifty two year old daughter's obsessed with post malone.
Speaker 5: She's a married woman. She and her husband get along fine, and they follow post malone. And we looked at her Facebook or Instagram and her social posts, and I'll tell you, man, she is obsessed with post malone.
Speaker 3: So big deal, right, I mean, that's her passion.
Speaker 5: You remember, I remember the day when people used to follow around the grateful dead, or actually it's called grateful dead, not the grateful dead dead, but anyway, grateful dead.
Speaker 3: And then there were times.
Speaker 6: When we were called deadheads, right, Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the time, that's right. And then people followed around fish, and people followed around all kinds of groups ighads. Remember that's right.
Speaker 5: That's Jimmy Buffett. Yeah, and then you had you have Swifties. Now Michael Jackson had his. I mean, but then there are people who are a level above a super fan. They're they're truly they get to know the people and they start fan clubs and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we got.
Speaker 5: Word from her that she wanted to what she wanted to come on and explain herself. I mean, she doesn't have to explain herself to me, but I guess she didn't like that. Her dad called and he gave out her first last name in her social media and said he was concerned. But first let's go to Shelley, and then when we get her, and then we have Brad O'Brien with us in the studio. Brad is with Olslaw dot com or O'Brien Legal Services. Brad does real estate law and we do have quite a bit of quite a few questions for him. He does all kinds of real estate stuff. And something that I wanted to bring up, hoa's for closing. I know that there's a change in that law and I.
Speaker 3: Had a text about it, so I looked it up and I wanted to get Brad to explain that. But right now, Shelley, what's going on? Shelley?
Speaker 7: Hey there, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good, Shelley. How about you?
Speaker 8: You know I'm fantastic in most ways. I need a little bit of help to motivate my building management company.
Speaker 3: Now are you renting right? I am, yes, And the management company is kind of is in place of the landlord. What's going on, so, Kelly.
Speaker 8: I've got a couple of maintenance isshoes and I have called, I have emails. I've even emailed their corporate office in California, and I have never once received a phone call.
Speaker 3: Can you tell me some of the maintenance issues?
Speaker 9: Absolutely so.
Speaker 10: On August fifth, the shelving in the closet rod came off of the closet in my sex in my second bedroom, so everything came crashing down.
Speaker 8: I've got no place to put anythix. Not life threatening, absolutely not.
Speaker 11: But I pay for that, so it should be fixed.
Speaker 8: But more importantly, on August nineteenth.
Speaker 12: My wasshorts broke.
Speaker 11: I have a.
Speaker 8: Stackable unit in a closet in the apartments, and I posted into the maintenance portal.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So another I mean, there's nothing life shattering here, and Mark, you got to you gotta mute the audio if.
Speaker 3: You can on the on the zoom call. Okay.
Speaker 5: So do they not respond at all? Or do they delay?
Speaker 3: What do they do?
Speaker 13: So, first of.
Speaker 8: All, the I did not respond at all. I was in my living room one day and I saw someone putting flyers into the doors across the way from me, and I went out and I said, hey, do you work here? Happens to be a new property manager, and I told her the problems. I brought her in. I showed her the issues and then About a week later, I got a text from the maintenance guy who said he was going to order a washer.
Speaker 13: So that was about three weeks ago.
Speaker 8: Now the washer was delivered last Wednesday and it's been sitting in my lobby for ten days.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's just it's like they're well, they're not taunting you. I think Look, I think they're having a lot of issues. I think what we need to do is simply is simply call them. I mean, who do we have in the studio today, as far as our our peeps, go.
Speaker 6: Have your crack deputy today?
Speaker 3: Why don't you Why don't you call him Doc? Who'll do They won't answer.
Speaker 8: I guarantee they never answered the phone.
Speaker 5: Let's see what Doc can do. Doc is we use him a lot for the landlord tenant issues. He'll see what he can do. Let's let's just try what's the name?
Speaker 13: So the building is Satory, So I can give you.
Speaker 3: A phone t O R R E y s A t O R I oh SATORI Yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what I want to do. I want you to give that off the air.
Speaker 3: Doc.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you yep, and then you can call what's the name of the management company.
Speaker 8: It's called Avenue five.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, are there other people who are having trouble like this?
Speaker 3: I don't believe.
Speaker 8: To my degree, I do not know a lot of my neighbors. It's a small building, it's about twenty four units. But I do know that the people across the way have had put in maintenance requests and they've not been fulfilled.
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, this is minor. I mean really, I'm sure they're going to have an explanation to you. It's major. I understand, trust me, I do. I'm going to give this to Deputy doc. Let's just see what he can do. Three L three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Well, how long do you think? And I'm talking to Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 14: If the washer or let's say, a refrigerator or anything is included in.
Speaker 3: Your lease, I mean, what do you do if a month goes by?
Speaker 15: Well, legally speaking, the law would impose a reasonable time under the circumstances.
Speaker 16: Whatever that is. It's not a hard and.
Speaker 14: Fast It all depends on what it is. A refrigerator could be different than a washer.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Now we do have a warranty of habitability statute that says appliants goes out, the landlord has to start remediation within seventy two hours. But that's just to start it, so they have a reasonable time to complete it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 5: Mark, if you look at YouTube I got, I got the studio up and I'm going to transition over to it.
Speaker 3: So I want to tell people we are going to have the studio.
Speaker 5: I do have the banners in the top right, and then every once in a while if you monitor that, Mark, I can actually uh, I can actually pop.
Speaker 3: In like this.
Speaker 5: So now it's both of us, so it's pretty cool. But then I cover up Brad, But who cares. Brad doesn't care anyway. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 3: So let's let's get serious now and solve some problems.
Speaker 5: We're going to come back and talk about an eviction, and Brad of course does all kinds of real estate stuff and he can answer things about evictions, so we'll talk about that coming up.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three Talk seven one three A two five five. You know I love talking about waterpros dot net and the very special special they have right now thirty one ninety five get you a complete water softing sensor for the whole house for your price. You're plumbing yourself, your health, your your everything, just better plumbing too around the house. And then you get a reverse osmosis drinking system for that's normally in itself fourteen hundred, and you get the whole house over three grand for the whole house thing. You get the whole thing for thirty one ninety five. I mean, it's the most incredible deal. Waterpros dot at three O three eight sixty two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one, three, eight, two, five, five.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this eviction issue.
Speaker 5: Now, why do we have let's see, we we have barely up next. I think we need to take this eviction that's more urgent. I believe with Christy, and let's do that first. And then remember, we're gonna hear from the post malone woman who wants to talk about and maybe maybe even out what her dad said. Her dad's been calling me for years, by the way, and we took you know, we didn't think Tammy was nuts or anything. We had fun with it. Christy, what's going on? Are you being evicted?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 3: On what's that? Christy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: She's gollling Jack? Did we lose her? Okay, I'm sorry, Christy Man, I don't know. See if you can.
Speaker 5: Get her back, I'll go now, I'll go to Baali BALLI Hi, Hi, Bally.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 18: So a lot is actually going on? I'm basically living in a slumlord's property.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Our biggest issue right now that we're dealing with is toxic molds.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you something. Hold on. Brad O'Brien in the studio with us.
Speaker 5: He does real estate law, tenant, landlord, all kinds of stuff. Now he may you know, Brad, basically, we hear this term a lot slumlord, and I think it's like more in the media than anything because there's no legal term or anything you can do about a slum lord, or is there, Brad?
Speaker 15: In general terms, No, it's focused on conduct and condition of the premise is more than you know, a character, you know, a characterization of the landlord of themselves.
Speaker 5: Right, So okay, so let's talk then, Bailly the thing's going on, and then Brad will tell you if there's anything actionable and what to do.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 18: So I've been living here for four years. We have gone through multiple management managers. We're talking about six in the span of four years, and they don't stay long.
Speaker 19: So to start out.
Speaker 18: I moved into my complex, into my building, and I had standing water that was underneath my sink and coming when did you.
Speaker 3: How long you've been there? Bally?
Speaker 19: Four years?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Okay? And how many units are in the.
Speaker 18: Building, Oh, my goodness, in our building or just in general?
Speaker 5: Wait, okay, hold on, well now you're now I'm curious. So it's a giant complex.
Speaker 18: Yes, but okay, buildings are about twelve. Yeah, twenty eight buildings with twelve units.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Okay, twenty eight buildings twelve apartments each.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 18: Those half of them are vacant, so keep that in mind. So when I moved in, I had standing water in my kitchen. It took them two weeks to come out and fix it. I had requested them to check for mold. They sent a maintenance guy who said no mold and then went on their ways. Well, since then, my whole kitchen has fallen apart. I have put in work order after work order to get Jilly.
Speaker 3: Why did you stay there for four years?
Speaker 18: Because this is the only place that I can afford. Unfortunately, a two bedroom, one bath for eighteen hundred is as good as you're going to get here in Colorado.
Speaker 5: So you moved in four years ago, living in slumlord apartment complex, twenty eight buildings, twelve apartments, these multiple managers, multiple problems, right?
Speaker 3: Did I sum that up?
Speaker 5: So in a nutshell? In a nutshell. And I've said this before. There are only certain things and really not I say there are only certain things you can enforce, But Brad, can you really enforce anything? I mean, really, let's just talk turkey today. Let's talk practicality. What do tenants do when they're faced with a situation like this, Well.
Speaker 15: When you've got water in mold issues, there's very strong protections for the tenant under their warranty of habitability statute in Colorado. So the landlord's got to come in there, stop this source of the leak right away, install containment, air filtration.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, that's all well and good. How do we do that? How does she make that landlord?
Speaker 18: They are doing this now, this is where my issue comes. They only started to do it once I stopped paying rent, and now they're like, oh, I guess we should get her apartment up to code.
Speaker 5: When you stop paying rent? How long have you? How long are you behind in rent?
Speaker 13: Now we're behind.
Speaker 18: This is where I really messed up.
Speaker 20: And how many didn't talk for six months?
Speaker 3: Well, Bailey, there's a way to withhold rent if someone is in terrible conditions, Brad O'Brien, attorney at law. Can they withhold rent?
Speaker 15: They can, but only after they take a whole lot of steps that are not really practical, like what yes, like if there's if you reported a condition that needs to be fixed, and the landlord didn't do it within the amount of time, then you've got to give them another notice.
Speaker 16: You have to go out and get.
Speaker 15: A contractor estimate to do that work. Give the landlord another notice of it. Then you can do it and withhold the rent, but only the amount for that specific job.
Speaker 16: It's just not very practical to go that route.
Speaker 5: And I imagine, and let's just be honest here, Belly, you've lived rent free for six months.
Speaker 3: Did you use any of that money to fix the problem.
Speaker 18: Not to fix the problem, but we use the money to fix our.
Speaker 3: Health problem speaking, that's not Brad. Does that apply? Can she say I did? Well? I don't know.
Speaker 15: Paying rent is really separate from the habitability protections that a tenant has, So the landlord has to make the unit habitable, regardless whether the rent is being paid or not.
Speaker 3: I understand that.
Speaker 5: But you can withhold rent as part of the habitability right.
Speaker 15: No, only you could only in that one instance where you'd get in the landlord plenty of notice okay, yea of the correction that's about to be made, and then only as the last resort can the tenant actually do that corrective corrective work.
Speaker 16: At they've gotten estimate.
Speaker 5: In other words, she didn't do it correctly, is what you're saying. Well, I don't think it would cover medical anyhow, would it.
Speaker 16: No, it's just for corrections.
Speaker 5: Now you say medical, and Baillie, I'm gonna let me just give you a clue here.
Speaker 3: And I'm not saying I don't believe you.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that have contacted me over the years saying they got sick from toxic mold and their apartments. I can think of one one that collected damages. One. Well, first of all, I don't think you're going to link what you have to toxic mold.
Speaker 14: I mean most we've discussed this a million times. A mold tests doesn't cost that much on Amazon. It just simply doesn't. Have you ever done a you had six months? Did you do a mold sport test?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: I did not.
Speaker 3: Your money could have gone to that. You would have had evidence.
Speaker 5: What if there was such a high concentration of toxic mold and they refused to listen to you, you might even and you truly were sick and had a real doctor. And I'm sorry, I say that, but a real doctor tell you you have toxic mold problems, a real doctor in your breathing track and lungs, and that you have some health issues. Then you get a personal injury attorney and take it to town. You didn't do that, and I don't know if you even do have high concentrations of toxic mold. And so let's just put it this way. You can't go back in time. So I think you're facing eviction now. So let's get right to the issue at hand. They're evicting you, Is that right?
Speaker 18: No, not right now, they're not. They're putting us up in a hotel to remove all of the mold that is in the bathroom.
Speaker 19: And the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Have they mentioned back rent, No, not yet.
Speaker 5: What what are you calling about then today? Because it sounds like they're doing their jobs. What's what's the call about today?
Speaker 18: The call today is about everything surrounding the complex. Yes, we also have the black mold, which is not just in my apartment, it's in all of these apartments. We also have asbestos or asbestos that's in these apartments.
Speaker 5: We have asbestos without asbestos without contamination left alone, is not toxic?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is the asbestos being disturbed.
Speaker 18: You know, not in these apartments. I know that there is a truck that they are coming rout to remove them each apartment individually.
Speaker 3: So they are do they tend, do they tent it and all that.
Speaker 18: We have not seen them tent that ten.
Speaker 5: Okay, bailly for this, Bailly. If they don't take you call the EPA. If they're not removing, if they're not removing asbestos without a true asbestos mitigation company that is licensed, bonded, and ensured and approved by the state to do it, then they're going to prison. So you're telling me they don't tend anything, they just rip it out.
Speaker 3: And take it away.
Speaker 18: I can't for sure tell you that they just rip it out. We haven't seen them tent We've never seen them tent. We just see that.
Speaker 3: Right. Here's what I want you to start doing.
Speaker 5: Get your cell phone camera and a face mask and go out and look and see what they're doing. And if they're not tentting or using a legit company, you call the EPA, you call the building department, and they're going to go to prison. Okay, there's no there's no two ways about it. They're going to get arrested. They're gonna get sided, they're gonna get fined, and they don't mess with that stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, okay. The next thing, I mean, you got to do your homework.
Speaker 5: The next thing, you need to take some of the money you saved over six months. I can't believe you spent every penny that you've not paid rent with over six months. And if you did, it would strike me as disingenuous that you spent every dime. It would strike me as you're taking advantage of the situation. If you have any of that money left, you need to do tests of your air and you need you need to see, well, right now, you're not even living there, and right now they've disturbed it, so you're not even Actually, Brad, that's probably a bad idea.
Speaker 18: Now are living We are still here, but they're coming today as well.
Speaker 5: You need I don't know how you do it. Can she go to a hardware store right now and get a mold? I mean, how long do you have to sit there? I don't know anything about it. Mark, do you you.
Speaker 14: Mean for the mold test? I don't know how long they take, probably a couple of days. But then you got to send it off to the lab.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, I know, but the part is, once they start disturbing it, it's not going to be an accurate test. So I don't know if there's a rapid mold test. Let's get Mark Shamansky on and ask them. But Bailly, I'm just gonna lay it out. I'm not going to hold you up. You find out how they're doing the asbestos. That's a separate issue, and then you find out what the mold spot count is as quickly as possible in your apartment, and then you basically make arrangements with them for at least paying partial back rent or something, or find out what your future is because even if they're putting you up in a hotel room, if you need to find another.
Speaker 3: Place, you better be prepared for it.
Speaker 5: Right then, you want to know is your furniture contaminated and all your other stuff?
Speaker 8: And that's what I've.
Speaker 18: Asked multiple times, and they they just keep giving me that run.
Speaker 3: Around, like, well, they would have to clean it. It's not well, you would have to have that tested.
Speaker 5: Hold on, and let's ask Mark Sharmansky how they'l we test the furnace? Sure, how do we test the mattress. How do we test the house? They have a nightmare on their hands. But Bailly, I'm going to warn you it's not going to be a candy store. Okay, They're not going to start righting checks left and right to you.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 5: You might have some damages coming. I don't know. But but but Brad sum it up for me.
Speaker 15: If this landed in court, she could get a reduction in the rent. The court could say that the that the rental value was like half because of these habitability conditions.
Speaker 16: But I gotta say big picture.
Speaker 15: Whenever I get a call like this, my first response is not a legal response, it's a.
Speaker 16: Health and safety one.
Speaker 15: If if there's mold in it and you think it's affecting your health or or your famili's health, your children, maybe you shouldn't be in there right now.
Speaker 16: Why you fight this?
Speaker 5: So, Baillie, we're going to I want to get an expert on on mold to see what he says.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: The sure Thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is where we come.
Speaker 5: He's closer here and he's going to come into the studio though as well.
Speaker 3: So is he your neighbor. Let's get real here. No, no, he's not. He's someone that I ran into and I and we knew each other years ago.
Speaker 5: But he really, he really has the kind of job that gives him freedom. And because he has so much knowledge, I figure, hey, what the hell, let's use him.
Speaker 3: Let's use that knowledge.
Speaker 5: And then he said he would help us and he loves doing it. So I just have to get him into the studio too as well, you know, a day when everybody's going to be there so we can meet him. And Mark Schumansky is with Genesistotalexteriors dot Com and you know, I advertise him all the time because he's a great guy and they do the exterior stuff, and recently he took up as part of his business mold detection and eradication. And I wanted to ask him a question because this tenant called and she is really upset with the management company and all of that.
Speaker 3: Because of mold.
Speaker 5: So I want to ask you something, Mark, how long does it take to test the air to find out if there are toxic mold issues?
Speaker 21: We can do a rapid results test and it can be back in a maunter of hours.
Speaker 3: Really, what does it cost to do the wrap?
Speaker 21: About an extra hundred dollars to have them process the samples? Quicker depends how many samples you turn in. You need the control which is done outside the building, and then you need you know, anywhere from one to three inside an apartment something like that.
Speaker 3: How many hours do you need.
Speaker 21: And then again and then from there you just drive it right down to the lab and then the lab you can do a rush test and you can again have the results. I mean, I think the whole process you could probably have it done within four hours.
Speaker 3: So how long does it actually monitor inside the apartment?
Speaker 21: Oh, each test takes ten minutes.
Speaker 3: So when are they coming a bally to your apartment.
Speaker 11: I mean, it's all.
Speaker 18: They've said is they want to start today, and we have been in constant email exchanging with actually no set plans.
Speaker 5: Oh how much does it cost in total mark for that rapid test?
Speaker 21: I mean something like that. With the rapid test, we'd probably be looking four to five hundred dollars BALLI.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, if you want him, I don't know. I don't even know if he can break for you to do it, or if anyone can. But I mean, I really would love to know your issue. Since you say you're having health trouble, they're going to come and fix it.
Speaker 3: It would be a great marker.
Speaker 5: To have to see how bad it really is, and then it would also be great to know if it's really fixed and right.
Speaker 18: And can I ask a question about this? Since he seems like he is on it, thinks that they're going to test after removal, what does that mean? Are they testing the walls that they've removed or are they just testing the air that it has been removed.
Speaker 5: That's all you have to care about. That's all you have to care about. If they contain it and seal it and kill it. They don't have to. Marco's explain that mark. But but hold on before I go any further. Bally, even though they're going to test after removal, you need to tests now, and I'll tell you why. If you have serious health issues that don't go away, and you're going to try to use that to try to get a reduction in rent or you want to get money for damages, you need to document it. Your opinion is not going to mean anything, so and then you also need to Then you also need to compare the tests that you get done for with what they come back with later. I want to ask you something. How much was your normal rent before you stop paying?
Speaker 18: It was sixteen ninety nine, and that was just base rent with everything included.
Speaker 19: It's about eighteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Did you pay?
Speaker 5: Did you withhold all of the eighteen eighty nine or were you paying any part of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 19: We withhold it all, which.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, But you did that for six months, so you saved eleven thousand bucks or more. Do you have five hundred dollars to get this mold test done?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I mean we're definitely looking into it now.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't have to look into it. I have someone on the phone. I'm not trying to challenge you. If you don't want to. It's your home, it's you, it's your life.
Speaker 3: But you're not gonna go.
Speaker 5: And if you want to do it, I'm gonna I'm gonna give you his number. And the only reason I'm saying this is because if you don't do it, you don't have a case, right correct, And if you saved eleven grand, there's got to be five hundred somewhere. Yes, so, And I'm not forcing you again.
Speaker 3: I'm not even gonna make you make the choice on the air. I'm gonna give you his number right now.
Speaker 5: Maybe he can get somebody three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine. Ask for Mark and say we just talked on the radio show, and.
Speaker 3: Then just see what see Would you just get back to me barey and let me know what goes on? I am concerned. Okay, do you have any kids?
Speaker 18: I have a five year old who has had an upper recipe?
Speaker 3: And then get this done, don't you want to know? Get it done? And have they found mold? Did they do any testing for in you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: In me?
Speaker 18: They have no doctor has yet to like listen to.
Speaker 11: Me about it.
Speaker 3: You know why, because they don't believe you.
Speaker 5: Deputy dot What does it mean when a doctor doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: I mean they don't momal doctor, They don't. Well, did you go to an MD?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Did you go to an e NT.
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 18: But that's a good spot to look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so call us back. I gave you a Genesis number.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Thank you, Mark, We appreciate it. We have more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. You know you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk hey. In all seriousness, I'm trying to figure out my YouTube sands. Some people say it sounds great. Other people say it doesn't. I mean I can't. There's no rhyme or reason the audience. While our cameras have changed and we're trying to come up with a better solution for cameras and broadband and all of that, the sound really didn't. So anyway, let's go back to the phones and solve some problems here. Okay, So, Tammy, I don't know, we don't have a lot of time, but I want to call you back because I feel like you should defend yourself. Your dad called and he looks and he said, hey, Tom, do you have an opinion on my daughter? She's obsessed with posts Malone. And it was an interesting call yesterday. We had fun with it because we all have our own fans and our own level of fandom and stuff, and I was just curious your take on what your dad was saying. I will say you are definitely a super super duper fan. I mean, gosh, your social media is loaded with post malone and you must be friends with him, now, is that right, Tammy?
Speaker 19: Well, first of all, thank you for having me on your show. Yeah, yes, I do have a little bit of some connections there and stuff, and he does know who I am. Now after meeting him ten times.
Speaker 20: Now, Yeah, as far as.
Speaker 19: Being obsessed, you can call it whatever you want. Everybody does have their priorities right and what's to have in their life. Yes, of whatever it is. And for me, I'm doing whatever makes me happy. And that's one of the things that post Malone puts out there in the world is do whatever makes you happy. Spread love and kindness. We need more of it in the world. Yes, So for me, I do whatever makes me happy. And it is following him and it's his music. His music and his lyrics have done so much for me as far as making me not feel alone.
Speaker 3: And so and you know what, I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: That's wonderful. Whatever works, I mean, that's good. It's certainly not destructive.
Speaker 19: No, absolutely, it's not toxic at all. So that's sounds like I say, if you call that an obsession, whatever, but an obsession is something that is toxic, and this is not toxic. It's very very positive. As far as for on my dad, you know, if he is confirmed, which I know he's not, he's actually very excited for me. He loves all this that is happening. He's not understanding of it. And at times I don't understand it neither. And yeah, I just keep telling you know, God only knows why all this is happening, but I'm just going with the flow of it and I'm happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Tammy, you know, I hope you didn't get the impression we were making fun of it or anything.
Speaker 3: We were just I was just shocked at the level of dedication that you have and.
Speaker 19: Dedicates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, if you want to talk more, you're welcome to hang on. If not, that's fine, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to make.
Speaker 5: Sure you had a chance to get your say in after your dad called, and your dad didn't sound seriously concerned. He just wanted our opinion. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight eight two.
Speaker 3: Five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a Sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content of time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your cover at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three All three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 14: News.
Speaker 1: You needed that?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, to take complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is give me a call where we're trying to work things out. And uh on.
Speaker 5: YouTube as well as live on the ra of course alive on the radio. We sound great, which is good. I'm going to go to the phones, and Tammy chose to stay. And the reason she's on is because her dad called yesterday and she just wanted to make a very simple clarification that she's not crazy and this is not negative, this is.
Speaker 3: Not an obsession, this is just fun.
Speaker 5: And she's a fifty two year old married woman and her dad called and said Tom, what do you think He wasn't really criticizing her, said, what do you think Everything I talked to her about is post malone? Post malone? Post malone. It's all over her social media. She's a super fan. She actually met him, she knows his mother. She goes to all the concerts, who are many concerts, and she said post Malone saved his life, got her through a rough time, and we were just shooting the breeze with her. Dad didn't think anything of it, really, And then Tammy says, you know, ah, she contacted us by email and said I'd like to go on and talk a little bit about this. So, Tammy, without further ado, you wanted to just clarify. I don't think your dad said anything derogatory. He was just asking our opinion. And I remember Sue's she's not here right now, but she was saying, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 5: Post Blane's great, he has a great message. Mark was saying it didn't seem to concern him. I was saying it sounded fun, but you know it did. It does seem a little over the top, but who cares? So add to that, please?
Speaker 19: Well, so, yeah, he really has changed my life a lot. And I get it from my dad where he's just having trouble. So with my mom and some of my other family members, it's just not something that we're used to having interactions like with the celebrity or something, right, Yeah, and so they're like, what is going on? We just don't quite understand and at times I just don't understand it myself neither. But it's just all these things keep on happening, and it is. It's a daily thing where it's like it gives me a reason to wait, got the every day.
Speaker 6: It really is wow.
Speaker 19: But a lot of it came from the fact that, yeah, I was in such a dark, dark place and I felt so alone, and then after hearing his music and his story and the way his wife was, it made me feel like, man, I'm not a bone And just the lyrics to his music is like it is not just connected with me, but with so many other fans out there. I hear it all the time. I am literally, you know, friends with people all over the world. A lot of that came from the fact that I have a room and I call it the Posty Wow Room. He has a song called Wow and when you walk in this room.
Speaker 3: It is wow. It is crazy.
Speaker 19: He has seen pictures of the room through his parents. I have had some connection with them and they have shown him pictures and stuff, so he knows about the room and we've had some chaps about it.
Speaker 20: But I've been known all over the world.
Speaker 19: Because of the Posty Wow Room, and it just it's amazing hearing from so many fans all over the world how they have connected with me too. So it's like brought all these people into my life. And that's another reason why I love Posty so much.
Speaker 3: She sounds like a Swifty. It's the same thing.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, it is.
Speaker 18: It's a lot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 19: And you know, Posty just did that collaboration song with Taylor Swift as well, which is pretty cool. He's collaborated with so many people on this new album, country album that he did of f one trillion by twenty seven songs on there, and fifteen of them. He's collaborated with all these superstars, I mean Dolly Parton and Blake Shelton and Morgan Wall. He's collaborated with all these people, Brad Paisley, There's so many. It's awesome. I predict that this album is going to get album up the year. Absolutely that F one trillion is the new of that.
Speaker 3: I think Taylor's probably got him beat there.
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 19: I mean Taylor is huge, absolutely huge, you know, but I mean they're good friends. Even so. Regardless, Posty is definitely growing and getting so much money.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you a band that I remember that had followers like Swift and Posty and it was the Monkeys and these guys said the girls jumping around and the TV show Anyway, Hold, I appreciate you calling Tammy.
Speaker 3: Tammy, I appreciate you calling. And that's what you know. I wanted to make sure we got what you wanted to say out and uh.
Speaker 5: And again, there are people all over the world that have all kinds of all kinds of you don't like when I call it obsessions, but all kinds of Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what do you what do you call? I? I mean, I don't dedicated dedication what they.
Speaker 19: Want to spend their money on. And for me, I'm happy putting my money into postal line.
Speaker 3: For some people it's religion. And by the way, she has her her license plates are.
Speaker 19: Posted or the car Michael the tattoos, everything, and I am married and my husband is very very supportive of it because he has seen how it has changed my life.
Speaker 3: Is he into post as much as you are?
Speaker 19: He's not into it as much as I am. He does like some of the of his music, and he has gone to concerts with me, and yeah, I mean he's he just knows how happy I am and my happy wife, happy life.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now does post Does post Malone actually know you when you do see him? Does he remember you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He does know who I am now and and you're and you know his mother.
Speaker 19: And his dad. Yes, I have connections there.
Speaker 3: Do you communicate with them?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 19: Okay, Yes, it is It is pretty unbelievable. Yeah, it's the love that that family shows me. I mean, you know, post Malone is so humble and sweet and kind, and it's no wonder why he is when you meet his parents, and it's just something that runs in that family. They are a very humble, sweet kind of people. And post Malone loves his fans so much. I've never seen anything like it. I mean you I look and look back at Elvis Presley and all of his fans or even monkeys post Malone he has. He really really cares about his fans, and that's one of the things I love about him and all the fans that I have met through him pretty unbelievable. And with his parents being that way, it's just his parents are unbelievable too.
Speaker 5: So Tammy, I appreciate it, as I said, And is this the kind of thing that like when it comes to music, is that all you listen to?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 19: No, gosh, man, I've always grown up with music. I mean I was like a bang geek and inquir and yeah, but I mean I listened to all kinds of me. It was kind of funny. At one time the room was half Garth Brooks and half Post Malone. But now Garth Brooks is kind of put away a little bit in the closet, but yet he's still there. But it's it's I do listen to a lot of Post Malone. Yes, that is my number one.
Speaker 14: How much would you say, in all honesty, counting up every dollar that's gone towards it, whether it's memorabilia, concert tickets, long distance calls, whatever it happens to be, how much money do you think you have invested in Post Malone?
Speaker 11: Uh? Priceless.
Speaker 19: Really, that is a number that is really hard for me to put out because, like I've even had artwork drawn from clay over in the Philippines.
Speaker 3: I mean, are we talking ten thousand or one hundred thousand?
Speaker 20: Oh gosh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 19: I am a thrifty person though, too so, and I've made a lot of my own crafty stuff as well. But no, we'll go no more than ten thousand. But I really don't even want to put on it. I really don't, because for me, it's all priceless because if I'm happy, it matters to me.
Speaker 3: Hey does he have a fan club?
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, he's got fan clubs out there. And I have my own group page on Facebook. I don't know if I'm allowed to.
Speaker 20: Say the name of it on the group.
Speaker 3: Course of course you are.
Speaker 19: It's Post Malone dedicated fans, and you've got to be dedicated to be in that group. And if you are not dedicated, and show me that you are dedicated, because I just don't allow anybody, how would I do that.
Speaker 14: Let's say I wanted to join it today, how would I convince you I'm dedicated?
Speaker 19: So you have to go into it, and all it takes is for you to answer one simple question that's no right or wrong answer, and that is just tell me what is your favorite post Malone song. That's all you've got to tell me. And if you tell me that, and then of course I look at your profile page and I see that it looks like you've got some post Malone stuff on there, then I'm going to invite you. Then I'm going to accept your request to come in. You know, you know, a bigger problem out there on Facebook and social media and all that out there, and it is a huge problem, is all of the post Malone fakes out there and impersonators.
Speaker 9: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 19: It's sick, really, it's horrible. So many people. I mean, I've even had people impersonate me saying that they're.
Speaker 3: Mean, we should get her in studio for a show.
Speaker 19: Hey, I go on and on and on all day about this, and I love sticking up for the other fans as well, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: The the.
Speaker 19: Fake things out there of people impersonate in post Malone is the biggest problem.
Speaker 9: It's awful.
Speaker 19: I almost can't even comment on his page anymore without being attacked by all the fakes that jump in and saying, oh that they're postal, and it's like, I know, this is not how he'd be reaching me. You don't reach out through the internet like that.
Speaker 3: I seem to remember acting roles. Didn't he have a role? I thought he was a really good actor when I saw him. He's been in a couple of commercials. I don't think he's no. I thought I saw him.
Speaker 5: I thought I saw him in a bit part or something, and I thought it he really What the heck was it?
Speaker 3: It was something?
Speaker 19: So he has played in a couple of movies. He just did the remaking of Roadhouse, the one that had pass exuasing it. He plays in that one. He played in the Teenage MUTANTNJA Turtles. He got sensive confidential wraths of man. But maybe where you've seen him know in some commercials with is with his raising cane restaurants. He has one in Utah and he has one down in Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brito's commercial too. Do you remember?
Speaker 5: Okay, we're gonna go on to solving problems. I have one one other trivia question. What's his favorite Italian restaurant? I know I saw him on the tonight show. Is that where you saw Mark? I literally just guessed style of garden now, No, I saw him because Jimmy Fallon brought him to the Olive Garden and because and that's where he interviewed.
Speaker 19: I've just seen a posting this morning that his mom actually made about how one of his favorite Italian restaurants is actually up in Saracuse, New York. I can't remember the name of it right now, but that's where he is born, was born with Saracuse, New York, and so his favorite Italian restaurant is really up there. I just don't know the name, but he has connected with Olive Garden as west.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you very much, we got we got to move.
Speaker 5: Three oh three, seven one three talks seven to one three, eight two, five, five, eight eight eight. Heating dot Com will gladly look at your system if you're putting in a solar system. They do high efficiency electrical hybrid systems for furnaces, so you can get a test credit and you can save money and never have to worry about natural gas again.
Speaker 3: Eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know, people, if you hear the conversation off the air when we're streaming, you Mark just loves ribbing me. He loves giving me crap and uh well you you literally said you could care less about autographs. And I'm not going to go into the whole conversation, but all comes back to that woman in post malone. But people watching on YouTube, if they look behind you, what do they see.
Speaker 3: The four? Okay, the Beatles and the four their they're checks.
Speaker 5: The first the checks for that was written was written for one of their albums by the record company.
Speaker 3: And you were obsessed with him as a kid. Would you agree that is your bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but obsessed yes, yeah, yeah, okay, fine, fine, And then I have yeah, I have I okay, okay, I have never mind anyway, three all three seven one three talk but I'm not talking about them all the time like you talk about the monkeys, you moron. Anyway, Really, let's let's keep going. We got some important stuff here, Mark heavy equipment. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, Yes, sir, I have a skin steer and some attachments for it that I need to ship to Missouri from Denver. We found a company online. They seem really like a good company that Forbes Awards and Business Insider Awards.
Speaker 3: And wait, wait, wait, why do they seem good? What's the name of the company.
Speaker 7: Called Nationwide Transport?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, here's problem.
Speaker 7: It looks like it's out of Florida. And I remember you saying many many times, stay wait many one in Florida. Who transports?
Speaker 5: I'm going to ask another question, Okay, Nationwide Transport. The fact that they're out of Florida. Here's the way I want to put that so it sounds right. I want to put it in perspective of all the ripoffs in moving ninety eight percent of them are in Florida. That iverren across ninety eight percent of the crooked, disgusting, crooked gangster movie out all of them, honestly, But that doesn't mean, obviously everyone in Florida is a crook.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying. The logic doesn't. But there's a pretty good.
Speaker 5: Chance that I'm not saying they are. There's another thing that had that. And people get so pissed off when I say this.
Speaker 3: But it's a statistic.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's a statistic, and a certain percentage of them, about ninety eight percent of them were run and owned by Israeli nationals. Now, I am not saying that they're all dishonest in every business. I'm saying in that moving company business. When I look back at the ones we handled over the years, they were owned by Israelis now either new to the country or still living in Israel.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I don't know why, and I swear to God it's not something I set out to do to give somebody a bad name.
Speaker 3: I'm not that person.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of a survey we did when they wouldn't let me air it on Channel four.
Speaker 3: We had to go. We went out.
Speaker 5: We were going to talk about people who do not use car seats for their kids or strapped them in with seat belts. And we went out for a week straight, my photographer and I, and we did some undercover filming in parking lots, all kinds of parking lots, all kinds of neighborhoods all over, okay, and the people who did not strap in their children or put them in car seats. This was back in probably, oh, I don't know, the early the mid nineties maybe, Okay.
Speaker 3: So here's what happened. They wouldn't let me run the story. Do you want to know why? They said, we understand what you did and we believe it, but we can't run it.
Speaker 5: That's because unfortunately it was skewed so heavily.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even going to tell you who, because I don't know if it's still that way, okay, against a certain ethnicity or race. And they said, we can absolutely not do this. They said, where are now?
Speaker 14: Why would you say the Israeli and pull them out? But then you won't say this one?
Speaker 3: I don't Okay. Here's why. Here's why. Because the Israeli thing.
Speaker 5: I've been tracking for forty five years, including this year and last year.
Speaker 3: That was done once over a week's period in the nineties.
Speaker 5: That's why, So God Almighty, that's why, Mark, because I haven't had enough sampling. I was just giving an example of what happened back then, and it was you know, and they even said, well, what about the rich soccer moms and what about whatever white people?
Speaker 3: And we did.
Speaker 5: We went out to all of those areas and we didn't find any people who did not strap in.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't make it up. It's what I found. It's what I found. And here's the deal. I can't set.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's you can't from that one sampling say that's the way it is forever, forever going forward. I don't know that I haven't done it lately. Maybe we should see what happens. I think almost everyone now straps in their kids. I would say almost everyone, because we've all gotten smarter well.
Speaker 14: And they've passed laws where if you don't you get a ticket, Mark, I listen. Have you looked up their ratings nationwide Transport?
Speaker 7: Yes, we have, and they have really good rating.
Speaker 5: Is it nationwide Transport and logistics or nationwide transport services.
Speaker 7: Probablywide Transport services LC.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 14: You know what I would do, Mark, I'd call up like Potestio's brothers and Parker or whatever location some of the people that sell and ship that stuff all over the country.
Speaker 3: They use different couriers. I'd ask them.
Speaker 5: I would also ask I would also ask Johnson Moving in Storage. Johnson Moving and Storage moved an aircraft for me. They brokeered it, and I trusted them because they took responsibility.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they'll do this, by the way, but.
Speaker 5: You said they had great I think that would be pretty expensive Johnson's. It's not a bad idea because I don't all the equipment they have, but usually what he's I don't.
Speaker 3: Think they have the equipment.
Speaker 5: I don't think that that's what they do, but I think they know the business. They were able to arrange it for me Mark, and really, I mean it went flawles. I mean it actually the bids weren't that high. I don't know if Mark was doing me a favor or what, but the bids were not that high. I can't find any ratings for these guys, so I don't know where you're finding them.
Speaker 3: I'm finding no reviews on these people.
Speaker 7: Interesting. Well, I think all the reviews we found, of course, is on their website.
Speaker 5: Well just what, I'm not finding any of them. And you know, the last place you want to go for a rating tell them mark is their own website.
Speaker 3: No. No, And there's another place that's just as one. I think their own website's got better business the better business bureau. The last place you want.
Speaker 14: To just call up potestios, call up maybe a couple of Cabota dealers, bigger ones.
Speaker 3: And see who they use. They probably will give you a list of people they've used.
Speaker 5: Now, I want to ask if you magic things, does Nationwide Transport Services want money up front?
Speaker 7: I don't think. I don't know. We haven't gotten that far with them. We're just trying to, you know, take to our due dilg and stuff fun with daily issue, I say, And of course you got a bid. And the bid was much lower than than we thought the average should be from what we found on the internet. The average removing this equipment there, they was like half of what the average.
Speaker 3: You know what, I need to say something about that.
Speaker 14: What he just said literally drives me crazy, and I don't know where Google, Yeah, who or any of these people get it. If you look up right now average new furnace price installed in Colorado, it will show you.
Speaker 3: A price that no one has ever bought a furnace for in the last ten years. How much mark? I just do it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have done it so many times. I have no idea where they're getting this sampling from. Do you know what I'm really upset about this. I can't find anything on Nationwide Transports Services.
Speaker 3: LLC, nothing, nothing at all. So that tells me. That tells me something really bad.
Speaker 7: Here's the actual website.
Speaker 3: I don't care about their website. Okay, you see I don't. I don't you know.
Speaker 5: I don't go to Trump's website to find out how good or bad he is. I don't go to Kamala Harrison's website to see how good or bad she is. I mean, I want to know independent go to I want to know trust Pilot, and I'm going to look them up. Did you look them up on trust Pilot? I mean, I don't know Trust Pilot. By the way, I like, it's a good site. So if I go there, I'm going to put in Nationwide. I'm on their site right now, and.
Speaker 3: I see I've found them. I mean, yeah, but did you find any true reviews?
Speaker 14: Well, they've got three and a half with Yelp, and I haven't really read through.
Speaker 3: Them, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: It's three it's Nationwide Transport Services l LC.
Speaker 14: Yeah, right, and then just type in after that type in Florida and then they'll pop.
Speaker 5: I'm looking up. I'm looking up with Yelp and it says and I'm telling you there's there's none. There's none with trust Pilot zero. So that is amazing to me, meaning that's a problem.
Speaker 3: It's not a good thing. And Mark, you found him in yelp.
Speaker 14: The actual name, yeah, Nationwide Transport Services yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, vehicles and is it LLC. Well it doesn't say that on the Yelp one, but well, because that means a lot of it's out of Florida, okay.
Speaker 5: And what city in Fort Lauda, Fort Lauderdale And you put in Fort Lauterdale when you did the search.
Speaker 3: No, I just put it in Florida. Okay.
Speaker 14: I'm going to see, okay, where they're out of Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 5: I found not one Nationwide, the one that I found out. Okay, I did find the LLS hold on LSS. I found out and and there are some things on here yelps, so we might want, but they they come from their website.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got more coming up. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing, Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven on three talks seven one three eight two five five Mark.
Speaker 5: So I'm telling you Nationwide has a two and a half star rating.
Speaker 3: That is not good, sir.
Speaker 7: We found the website called Transport Reviews dot com and that's where we that's where my brother in law got these.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, but how do we know who transport Transport Reviews dot com.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you how many sites call themselves review sites that are.
Speaker 3: Owned by the people. I mean, it's a sham. I'm not telling you that they're not. But we don't know of transport Reviews if it's legit, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think we're gonna come with Mark's advice and yes, some local dealers, and yes that's a great idea.
Speaker 5: And do yourself a favor and call Johnson Moving in Storage and ask them an opinion as well.
Speaker 7: All right, sounds good, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I would three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 3: Bill? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 23: Hello?
Speaker 3: How are you good? Bill? What's going on?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 22: Bill?
Speaker 13: I had.
Speaker 22: Asked for something called Denko Appliants prepared to come out on the seventh to repair my washing machine. They came out, they could not fix the washer and they had to order a part. They ordered the part, and I asked for me to give them a two hundred dollar check, which they cast very quickly.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate, And they came back.
Speaker 22: The following Saturday. They tried to put that back in and make the washer work, which they said it would happen and it would not work. And so anyway, the tech left and no resolution fixed.
Speaker 3: And so is the new part with you?
Speaker 22: No, they took the old part back.
Speaker 3: You mean the new part back?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean I mean, excuse me, the you know, the new part. They took it back and put the old part back in there, which made sense that way, but it will, uh you know, it doesn't work properly.
Speaker 3: So right, so you want to know where's your two hundred bucks?
Speaker 22: Well, this is true. They are the two hundred bucks that's been cashed.
Speaker 5: They have it.
Speaker 3: I well, just ask for a refund. They didn't do the job. Ask for a refund.
Speaker 1: Do the job.
Speaker 21: They will not.
Speaker 22: No, I can't talk to anybody. I get somebody that's like a buffer in between.
Speaker 3: Well, how did you talk to him before? How'd you talk to him before?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 22: So I've talked to him seven times now, all right, just somebody and they will They keep saying, somebody will call me back.
Speaker 3: How did you find Denko applying repair?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 3: Bill, how did you find them?
Speaker 22: I found them online just searching and it says local, honest and reliable.
Speaker 5: Well then that's it. Then call the internet. Tell them they lied to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah said you know what I'm saying. Hey, listen, man, listen there.
Speaker 5: We do have an appliance repair shop that I swear to God I built his business. He stopped at my house once. He's got the best business and he's who you call right now. And then as far as your two hundred bucks, let me have a deputy scrapp or try it and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get that information from Kelly.
Speaker 5: So, Kelly, hold on, get that, get the lowdown infos so we can have them call over there.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 17: I'll bet they're gonna say that it was a service charge and they made two house calls.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 5: He said it was for a part, but I don't know, Bill, was it for the art you were paying or were you paying for the service calls?
Speaker 3: Okay, she's talking to him. Okay, hold on and we will uh, we'll get a we'll make a call on that. I'll sign that.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Denver Regen dot com stem Cell Therapy, Get out of Pain. These guys are great, proven I get great reviews on them, and they're inexpensive of value compared to the rest Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hines im March, you know.
Speaker 5: You're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, let me go to the phones here and Debbie, what is going on with the State's Debbie?
Speaker 11: I have a question about an estate. My son in law's mother asked away.
Speaker 20: She has no will, Her only asset is her car, and she.
Speaker 21: Has some medical bills.
Speaker 20: We can't sell the car to pay the medical bills until the bills are paid.
Speaker 3: Now, she passed away and the only hold on the only asset she has is what her car and how much is the car worth?
Speaker 20: Probably about fifteen to eighteen thousand.
Speaker 3: And what does she owe on it?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 3: She paid out right for it. And what are the and how much are the I don't understand the actual dilemma. Well I want it.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm asking how much are the medical bills? If there's money left over? I can see how much are the medical bills?
Speaker 20: Approximately five thousand, okay.
Speaker 5: So there's going to be money left over. That's the little lima. Mark was going to say, just walk away, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: Well do they even know the do they even know about the car?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't know if they do or not.
Speaker 14: I guess all I'm saying thim is I don't understand why she just wouldn't use a small estate AFFI David to transfer the title to sell the car.
Speaker 5: That's okay, because she can, and if she does, knowing there's a bill, they're going to be personally responsible for it. Whoever opens up the small whoever does the small estate, they will be liable for it. Whenever you distribute assets or keep them out of the estate knowing there's a bill, unless it was something that passed through in a trust or something like that, so I need to know a few things though this bill. Was this right before death or was it a bill she had incurred before.
Speaker 20: Both she moved here from Florida.
Speaker 11: I had some outstanding medical bills in Florida collection. I don't know if they are or not.
Speaker 20: We've been getting her mail and I don't think there have been any collections in there.
Speaker 3: Do you understand that? By law? And we should get We really should get.
Speaker 5: Dan McKenzie on real quick, because I think by law, if you opened up.
Speaker 3: In a state, it seems like a lot of work for this. If you open up in a state, you have to put out a notice to creditor, a notice, and creditors have to contact you.
Speaker 5: But I don't know what happens. I don't know if Brad O'Brien knows, he might, I don't know what happens if you know there are bills, because most likely if you put the word out, they're not going to make a claim, most likely, but if they ever do, you could be held responsible.
Speaker 3: We need to get Dan McKenzie on this. I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to ask him if he's around, let's get him on the air. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Ripped off.
Speaker 2: News indeed advis so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three Martino is the number three all three six two seven eight four six six. You can call it anytime, day or night twenty four to seven. We'll take your number down and call you back when we're on the air. Or of course, you can call three oh three seven one three talk seven one three, eight two five five. So welcome to the show. Let's find out what's on your mind today. We got a lot happening and a lot of calls, and we have Dan McKenzie with us. I want to get Dan McKenzie on. He's an expert in estate planning COO Plans dot Co.
Speaker 3: I'll give out his number right after this.
Speaker 5: Debbie had a question and it's a quite interesting one. I'd like to sum it up, Dan. Debbie said her son in law's mom. So a woman passes away with medical bills. They know she has medical bills. She has a car worth about twelve grand. They think the medical bills might be a few grand. There's going to be money left over.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: They don't know what to do because she says they can't sell the car to pay the bills until they pay the bills to get the car.
Speaker 3: But I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 5: I don't know why they can't do a small estate affidavit and then sell the car and pay the bills. How would you handle this if all she had now, Debbie, I'm assuming all she has.
Speaker 3: Is one car? Was that it just one car, no other assets?
Speaker 11: That's correct?
Speaker 20: No bank accounts, no money in the bank account.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, Dan McKenzie, Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 24: Think, yeah, you're correct if she had less than eighty two thousand bucks and real estate. The DMV has its own version of the small state affidavit. You should be somebody who, I mean probably the air I think you said it was an in law or something like that. It would need to be the person who really has authority to deal with the estate would go in to the DMV and ask for that small state affidavit and shign it there and then yeah, they would get titled to the car and you could sell it. Then I guess you could see if those predators say, you know that hostital, the hostital has sent a bill.
Speaker 3: It sounds like.
Speaker 24: You know, up to up to the people who would receive these funds, what they want to do about that. It seems like paying it would be probably the thing to do.
Speaker 5: But why why were you under the impression, Debbie that you could not.
Speaker 3: Do it like that?
Speaker 5: You couldn't just do a smaller state Affidavid, get the car in somebody's name and sell it.
Speaker 11: Well, the house the car is registered in Florida, where she's living. She moved here a month before she died. The car has not then titled in Colorado, and well, that's.
Speaker 3: That complicated things. So what would she do then, Dan, Well, I'd have.
Speaker 24: To check if Florida has a small state affidavid. I think most are all states do, so there's some threshold. The threshold varies quite a bit, but yeah, Florida probably has a similar process for doing a smallest state affidavid and getting the car retitled there. But you're correct, you'd have to do it in Florida.
Speaker 3: Well, let's say they do that. I'm still lost on something. How would this hospital have any idea that this woman had a car?
Speaker 5: I mean, they might not, but they don't Mark. That's not what they're saying that they ever find out though they could be liable.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what they're afraid of start up probating.
Speaker 11: We're yeah, we're not trying to not pay the bills, but we'd like the money from her car to pay the bills.
Speaker 3: Well, who told you you couldn't sell the car and pay the bill? Who told you that?
Speaker 11: When my son in law contacted the DMV in Florida to try and get the title transferred to him. They said they couldn't do it because there might be outstanding bills on her estate. Now, I don't know if there were any collections that showed up on her on her estate there or not, or her account.
Speaker 24: I mean, it depends on what you're affirming by signing an affidavit. There again, that can the content of that could vary from state to state. But you might, you know, there there might be some obligation to go find creditors produce some sort of notification. It's usually not. I mean, the whole point is the small state affidavit is just not enough to justify all that.
Speaker 17: Hey, Brad if I mean Dan, If if they put up the five thousand dollars, pay off the hospital and then sell the car, it's six of one, half a dozen of another, they still wind up plus seven thousand, right of course they do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they go away to.
Speaker 5: Do that, well, because they don't know what to do with the car in Florida and maybe they don't have the money to pay.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just saying it was an option if they had the money.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but they still have to deal with the Florida thing. That's the part that complicates things. That she didn't tell us before. So we have to figure out how how do you deal with the Florida thing?
Speaker 3: What would you do?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 5: Can you do it online if they have a smaller state Affif David in Florida and send them the Colorado death certificate, I.
Speaker 24: Would that would be my first attempt, and I would. I mean, you'd probably get this figured out with Google, but you might need to contact a state plane lawyer in Florida. Geeze, that should be a pretty easy thing that Google actually does small Does Florida have a small state AffA to David?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And yeah, what is the threshold I'm going to do that? Does Florida have? Okay?
Speaker 17: And so.
Speaker 3: Other than that, did you have any other questions? While we have our attorney on.
Speaker 11: Well, all these bills that we got in the mail, I know what that is and we can pay those, But how do I know they've all been cleared?
Speaker 3: Okay? See, now how do you know if there aren't any more? See that's where.
Speaker 5: That's where I was going to ask Dan, Dan, you you can't do that with a small estate affidavit. When you have to put out notice that someone died and wait for creditors, you have to do that through regular probate, Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 24: And you can open up probat I mean the eighty two thousand you're required to open a pro You're not going to select assets without the letters from the course, but you can open a probate even if it's less than that. And sometimes we see people who are nervous about bills open up probate just so you can get that credit a notification done and get that resolved, because otherwise they can be kind of hanging over your head and you might wonder, but you know, if it's just the normal stuff like lack utilities and things like that, I mean, most people just kind of feel like, you know what I mean, are these people going to come after me for an eighty five dollars bill? Like they'd have to go through a probate process and they don't even know if anything's in the estate.
Speaker 3: But Dan, if they most credit cards, would they ever do that? Most?
Speaker 14: I guess I don't know how to say this with any tact, but I mean, is it even worth paying anything under this circumstance?
Speaker 3: I mean, wouldn't most people and just sell it and wait for them to come after And then if they do come after you? Then you pay it?
Speaker 14: But how would they ever know the car was there and the car was sold? I'm not talking about ethical decisions right now. I'm just talking practical, just talking about it. Probably could have she could owe kmart layaway money for all I know. I mean, how would anybody know any you know the words? Can they get in trouble? What if they just sell the damn car and just wait for people to come after them.
Speaker 3: Couldn't they just do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: They could?
Speaker 24: But yeah, I like I said, how nervous are you like if they if the hospital shows up and actually asserts this, asserts this claim, which seems I mean for three thousand bucks, I'm skeptical of the hospital is going to want it to very much.
Speaker 3: But let's say they did. Let's go down that road. But let's say they did, then they just pay it right right? Thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's you know, Mark is talking practicality, not necessarily if it's ethical or not, or if it's technically I shouldn't see.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, because hospitals and medical bills, insurance companies are real ethical, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I think I think what Mark is talking about is I think ethical is a bad word. I think, is it practical? In other words, just pay it? And I think I would too, just pay it. I actually just not pay it. Just sell the car, take the money, put the money away for a while, who knows, just wait to see who shows up.
Speaker 3: And just out of curiosity, what would be the statute of limitations on that? In Colorado, it's a year.
Speaker 9: You have a year from date of death.
Speaker 3: There you go. So you put the money in a bank account for a year.
Speaker 6: But it's still one smart lady, I'd like to die with ten dollars in the bank.
Speaker 5: But by the way, by the way, Florida does not have a small estate Affidavid.
Speaker 3: Here's what they do have.
Speaker 5: There's a summary administration if the total total value is seventy five thousand dollars or less.
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds like the same thing. It's called.
Speaker 5: Now there's two kinds. Be careful. There's there's two kinds. There's a disposal of personal property without administration. That's if the estate is less than the bills owed, then you're allowed to dispose of the property and keep it that You don't even go to probate, you just let it go.
Speaker 3: That's what they let you do in Florida, if.
Speaker 5: The bills amount to more, if the bills amount to less than old, or just me, if the bills amount to.
Speaker 3: Less than is old.
Speaker 5: No, if the assets are less than old, you get to keep the assets. They don't even parse it out. But if your assets are more than you owe, there's a summary administration. What that does is that allows you to go through what we would call a small estate, that allows you to sell the stuff and.
Speaker 3: Pay off the bills. It'sout opening up probate.
Speaker 5: Yes, look for in Florida a summary administration. I think, no matter what, you can do a summary administration. Get the car and sell it. Whether you pay off the bills is up to you. Nobody's going to quiz you on it. It's called summary administration and to do it.
Speaker 3: In Florida.
Speaker 5: It says it provides two ways, and this is the way you want, so you have to go and it gives you steps. If you look it up, I'm going to tell you where you look it up, smart asset dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, look it up. But how much do you think?
Speaker 5: I even hate asking this? What an attorney in Florida charge for this? Do you think, Dan, do you have any idea if there's.
Speaker 3: Just one car.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I mean the product I tell people here is like when we have to when we do open up probate and know we're talking about the summary administration thing, It's like, you know, we got to go through the process still, whether it's one car or you know, shuttle houses. But so there is a minimum amount and it might be a couple of thousand bucks.
Speaker 20: That might not I mean, I don't know, it might be.
Speaker 24: It might be more than you think, just because they still got to do stuff and they still got liability for messing it up.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but ask I don't know, Just.
Speaker 5: Just google what I told you and call us back Debbie, and we'll see, you know, if we can take you one step at a time. Three all three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. To get a hold of Dan McKenzie, it's eight three three co plans Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Deputy Bow's got some follow ups.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Bo, what's happening in?
Speaker 18: Hi?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 13: I talked to this is regarding Ashley that called in. She's called in a couple of times. She has her car over Stevenson Toyota. Yeah, and they wanted a thousand dollars up front before they would start work on it. We went back and forth on.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, that's right and all she said, And it was because they didn't trust her, And you said, well, I know the guys over there.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go get the lowdown.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Tom, And you were right. I have a friend from church that worked over there for twenty years. I called and asked for them, and he quit a few months ago. So then I left a message for the service manager over there twice. I didn't get a call back. So then I called the service writer and they wouldn't give me any information as to why they wanted to charge this lady a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, they sent us an email after we assigned it or I don't know if we technically assigned it to you, but you knew them and you wanted to stop buying and talk to him. In their email, they basically said, the woman went over there and left her car for four and a half months and they couldn't get a call back. Meanwhile, she was trying to buy a new car from them, but they didn't know that. In the service department, they said, look, once she said okay, go ahead and repair it.
Speaker 3: They didn't trust her. That was the bottom line of the email.
Speaker 5: Mark said, you know, they should have They should have known she was trying to buy a new car. And you know how there they try to charge her point and you said, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: Go elsewhere.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I said, go over to Sheridan. They'll save you money. Just get a toted out of there. The dealership agreed she didn't know anything for story, they closed the open ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all she's got to do is get her car out of there. Yeah. So anyway, what do you what do you think, bo? Yeah, what's the update, bro? Yeah? Well he found he found.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Mark, Mark major was right from the get go. It seems like when I called over there, it's a different culture over there, since they were, by.
Speaker 5: Now right from the get go, meaning that right from the get go, meaning that she should get it out of there.
Speaker 13: Yes, Mark was right. So I Ashley told me that she really liked them, but she wants to deal with a family run company. And I said, if you want to deal with a family run company, take Major's advice, go over shared an auto tech. She called over there and guy's a over there, arranged for a toe and she's rich.
Speaker 3: That's excellent. That is excellent. Hey, they arrange, they arrange for the toe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, you relatively knew they reckon you. Never ever say Mark is right when we're on the air, remember that.
Speaker 13: No, but I gotta give when it was due. Those guys were, they were right. I was wrong yesterday because I just thought she should leave it at Stevenson. But it's a different culture.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I never thought she should leave it. What I thought was they didn't trust her. And then Mark suggested, Sheridan, how are you going? You can't go wrong, suggesting Sheridan, She's the only problem we had was the toe and I didn't realize Sheridan was going to arrange the toe.
Speaker 3: That's wonderful, that's all great.
Speaker 13: Yep, they are picking up my daughter's card this morning, and Ashley's car is already over there and they're working on it.
Speaker 14: I wonder how much less it's going to be. We should actually do a follow up with Kevin if he knows tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I believe Stevens. I don't know what the job is, but it was Stevenson wanted like twenty two hundred dollars for the repair of whatever it was, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm sure I do.
Speaker 19: Actually, I was just going to be.
Speaker 13: A lot less expensive. And then she's dealing with the owner of the company. That's you know, that's what Ashley wants to deal with, the family run company and Stevenson, Toyota and Chevrolet doesn't seem to have that culture anymore.
Speaker 3: No, Stevenson isn't Stevenson.
Speaker 14: Don't you think it's misleading when companies I listen, are you're reading my mind?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say that, go ahead, go on that thought line of thought.
Speaker 14: It's so misleading when a group comes in and buys something. It doesn't matter if it's an HVACU company or a car company.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one that I think it doesn't matter with a car company. I mean, if you if you think about it, no, no example, No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: I think it's unfair, not illegal, and I don't know how you would like get around it. But I think it's very unfair when they use a family name, or maybe not even a family name, but a name that is associated with good things and another company buys it and doesn't live up.
Speaker 5: What if, for example, what if someone bought Excel roofing.
Speaker 3: Think about this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, they don't take a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: They said, again, they start taking the name. Wouldn't J be disappointed? I mean, my god, think about it. When Stevenson should be the same way.
Speaker 5: But when they get their money and they go to the beach, maybe Stevenson thought, you know what I did my thing.
Speaker 3: They don't really have a responsibility.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not like they tell people, you know, take my name and screw it, but they just sell part of the value I think is the name they bought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it happens all the time.
Speaker 14: The one that really that I noticed and I haven't been back there except once was del Frisco's. I think it was Landry's that came in and bottom and honestly the place went to hell. I mean, people might argue with me, but compared to how it was for five years ago, it's nowhere near the same class.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a good point that the people who buy don't necessarily have the same culture. That that goes without saying, and and there is nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 17: Well, Tom, isn't that the one benefit of social media is that the word gets out with the help reviews and everything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thinks that that helps. That helps a lot.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'll give you another example where they don't even buy Mark. They don't even sell what. Okay, let's talk about shamp Yeah, Lisa her dad first at least, then Lisa and then who her son?
Speaker 14: Her son, and you know, arguably he has not done a great job, at least at least according to all the calls we've got, right, right, we never got any calls when she ran the joint, Right, So the point is, but what, here's one the opposite. Here's what, Well, it's not the opposite, here's one that didn't change K and H has changed hands at least three times, and it's been around sixty five years and we still never get complaints, no matter who the actual owner was.
Speaker 5: Actually, they changed twice, right, they went from the original to Ted to Ted to Lee Diamond.
Speaker 3: You're right, and they're wonderful and they're wonderful. What's that? That's three three owners? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wait, yeah, three owners, but they changed two times, right, yeah, but here's the deal mark they how how is that? They?
Speaker 3: You're right?
Speaker 5: They kept the culture and and oh and then there are the ones that actually improve. I'm gonna I'm just gonna have them. I'm gonna say this, go ahead, Okay, the pain Leo Pain in the old days, Leo Pain dealerships. I used to jokingly refer to them as Leo Pain in the ass. Okay, Leo Paine was a big name in the car industry. Then they took over. The kids took over the son I believe it was and and and it's not Leo, it's Lee Leon Olga took over and now his son's and they called it plan at this and Plan at that, plan a Honda plan. And they're wonderful people. They're wonderful. We don't get we don't get any hells on end.
Speaker 3: We never get complains about those people and and the reason they they actually improved it. So you see, it goes both ways. Change of ownership can make things better. Change of ownership can make things work.
Speaker 14: The other thing that's odd though, if you think about it, when you go in and buy a company and you're keeping that name, and you're keeping that name because it is built in the community.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it's a restaurant or anything.
Speaker 14: Whatever you're you are putting value to that name, whether it's the employees or the products they do or whatever when you buy it. It's kind of it's strange to think that you would put the benefit of that name up front and then change the culture and change the clientele.
Speaker 3: It's it's kind of bizarre to me.
Speaker 5: Why why buy something because in pressed, hey, that it's been around and then mess it up?
Speaker 3: Who else went to hell? Who else Champion? Oh my god, nothing's worse than that one. Oh my god, whatever company took them over.
Speaker 14: So there's a big thing going on right now and it doesn't matter. I'll give you a good example is a garage door companies. Yeah, that's a huge one. These private equity firms will come in and buy like ten or fifteen Mondpo garage door openers like Don's garage, in my opinion, used to be great. Now I think they're just they suck. But anyhow, Yeah, Dan Mark, I knew Don, I know, I knew Don. What a great guy he'd made good. You know, he sold his business to a big private equity that also bought other ones around the Denver metro area. And now it's this big conglomerate that you know. Basically, in my opinion, the customer service has gone to hell.
Speaker 5: All right, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm Tom Martine. We talk about it all on the show, So stick around for more. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three on three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: So U we have Mark. You were asking some really interesting questions I'd like you to ask on the air now. To Brad, there were some that were pretty interesting.
Speaker 14: Well, it's kind of funny because our experts, I don't care if it's a plumber and an attorney. We generate a lot of calls for them, and a lot of them aren't necessarily sales calls in in an instance like this, But a landlord sitting out there right now that goes to raise the rent Brad and doesn't even realize they can't raise the rent like twice they might. There's probably landlords out there where the tenants are going, hey, you're not allowed to do that, and you take a lot of these calls coming in. So my question to Brad was, what do you do with the call like that that's not necessarily a sale. But a landlord, either a new landlord or an existing one that might not live in the state and really isn't up on the different rule changes. I mean, how do you help guys like that? Is there like a package you can send to them to end up just trying to rewrite their lease? I mean, how does that? How do you turn that cold call, if you will, into something good?
Speaker 15: Well, I meet landlords where they are right now, So if they have an existing lease form, I'll take a look at it and see if I can work with that. That makes sense because a lot of times landlords build up their own least form based upon their own particular properties, or based upon things that happened to them where they wanted to throw something in particular to address the situations that they already had once got it. But if it's a really poorly drafted the least where they got it online, I would probably start with my own template.
Speaker 3: All right, So just do a full template on it. Yeah, James, go ahead. What's going on? James?
Speaker 12: I get your advice on an Excel is sure. We got a twenty three year old house with Excel gas of the service. And I called in June because when I look at my meter outside it's kind of cock eyed and tilt. It's settled over the years, right, Yeah, And I called in June. They said, yeah, we'll come out and look at it. And I call it last week and what.
Speaker 3: Was the issue, by the way, what was the issue?
Speaker 12: So the issue is if you look at the meter, it's on like a twenty percent tilt from where it used to.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Uh they settle over time. I just don't like the aesthetics.
Speaker 12: I'm worried it's gonna snap because no pressure on the union joint on the pipe, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 12: So so I went out last week and did the old soapie water trick and sprayed it on there. There's a few bubbles coming.
Speaker 11: Out, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: Oh, So so I called last week.
Speaker 3: I told them that.
Speaker 12: I said, we'll put you on the list. I called today and they said, yeah, it's not an emergency, so it can take.
Speaker 3: Up to six months. Is that son rate? No, it doesn't. No, it doesn't which side of the meters at leaking on, so.
Speaker 12: The ground there side, in other words, the union joint that comes in from the ground.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's their responsibility, but if you you need to get a sniffer out there, more than the soapi. Those sniffers are cheap, but you can also rent one. You need to get a sniffer. That's the main thing. And then you tell them. You don't say I have a tilted meter. You say I have a gas leak. Just a big difference. They don't put a gas leak off. Did you tell them you had bubbly water?
Speaker 12: I just told them again today. They said, well, if it's not an emergency, I'm like, well.
Speaker 5: Okay, well guess what if there is gas leaking, it's an emergency but you don't know it is.
Speaker 3: That's not the definitive, definitive test. You can buy one of those sniffers on Amazon for twenty bucks. Man get a sniffer.
Speaker 12: But a couple of times, a couple of times when I go out there, I do smell a little gas, so my sniffer works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand. I would tell them, I see, I wouldn't do all the explaining.
Speaker 5: I would say, my meter is tilted, and did you make an appointment for six months out?
Speaker 12: I need to know that there is no appointment. They'll say they get to it when they get to it.
Speaker 3: Because I see, I would call the gas I would I have a gas leak.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've see If your sniffer is saying it and your bubbly is saying it, you're not giving them the impression. There might even be another number. And if it's an emerging number, so be it. Say look, this is outside, so I'm probably not going to have a fire, but I smell gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's leaking. Let me know what happens. That's what I would do do I'll do that.
Speaker 12: I guess I'll need to kind of press it. I don't want Tom creating an emergency and heaven no no.
Speaker 5: But you just say, look, it's outside, it's probably not going to uh, probably not going to cause a fire, but it may who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Do you want to be the one that that told me to wait?
Speaker 5: No, don't say don't even mention the previous cause.
Speaker 3: Just say I smell gas. I think it's leaking. I need someone out here right away. That's it.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five to five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: And Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter, Warren, what is your question on a title for the house? Go ahead, Warren, We got bat O'Brien with us. Go ahead, Yeah, Hi, I wanted to add my wife to the title.
Speaker 16: I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 7: I've heard a quick claim deed, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 9: What that is.
Speaker 5: Okay, a quick claim deed is simply deting your your interest what you have in a property to someone else. So technically, if you did it that way, and I'm not sure Brad would say it's the best way, it would be a quit.
Speaker 3: Claim from you to the two of you. But Brad, is that is that the best way to do it or not? Why is Brad on?
Speaker 5: I don't see him, Okay, I don't hear him. Is Brad O'Brien gonna talk or not? Is he not gonna talk? Is anybody gonna talk?
Speaker 3: He's up, Brad, he's on. He's on the deed.
Speaker 5: He wants to put his wife on the d two And I said a quit claim deed he could do from him to the two of them. But I'm not sure that's the purest or best form, especially if he wants to keep it out of probate.
Speaker 3: What would you suggest?
Speaker 15: Well, yes, a quick claim deed is an easy way to put a new person on title. Quick claim from the existing owner to the both of them, but keep and if they're married, then NI can do joint tenancy so that if one of them passes, the property automatically is on by the survivor and that avoids probably Now can you do.
Speaker 5: Can you name the type of whether it's joint or not on the quit claim deed itself?
Speaker 15: Yes, that's where you would say, too, from A to A and B and joint tennancy. If you don't state anything, then the default is that it's not joint tenancy. It's Tennessee in common.
Speaker 3: Is there any tax ramifications on that?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, so how much would it cost?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 3: I hate asking this, but people always ask like to have it done.
Speaker 5: He's probably you're not going to want to do it yourself, right, You're gonna want to have this nice, I assume, sir.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, definitely, So it's not going to be that much, right, Brian.
Speaker 15: Uh No, If it's in town, so you're in a subdivision, it should be like less than seven fifty including recording fees. If it's out in a rural area, things get more complicated with the legal descriptions, so it could be more.
Speaker 3: I'm in I'm in Well County and Greeley. Is that Well in the city?
Speaker 16: Are you in town?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 15: Okay, Yeah, so it should be like under seven hundred and fifty dollars including recording fees.
Speaker 6: Okay, So.
Speaker 20: I guess would you do that or who would.
Speaker 19: I call or do that?
Speaker 15: Yes, I'm a real estate attorney. I do help people with the transactions involving real estate and also disputes involving real estate.
Speaker 5: And even though he's up there and it has to be filed there, you can do that online, right, Brad.
Speaker 16: Yes, I worked the host state of Colorado, and I.
Speaker 15: For some things quick like this, we would not have to meet it can be all remote and I do the recording for you electronically.
Speaker 5: So here's what you do, Warren, give him a call. I'm going to give you his number, all right, you're ready to copy it? And then, because I want to give it to those listening anyway, it's.
Speaker 3: Seven to zero three seven zero three zero seventy three eighty eight okay, yeah, and it's olslaw dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you Warren for calling. And then, Deputy Bo, I'm trying to find this original problem.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing it was on a day. Mark did the show?
Speaker 13: Mark was the host yep tent twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: Auty I can tell by the void of notes. Go ahead, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 13: This is my final I think update on is. I've been unsuccessful. I've worked hours on it. I cannot get Camping World to talk to me. I've called the few owners. I guess he said, has his own TV thing, Mark Lemonasas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: His voicemail is if you're not happy, I'm not happy, leave me a message. I'll take care of it. Well, I've left in my five messages.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, I want to hear this because really, we get too many complaints about Camping World. That's another company that's gone downhill, and he's supposed to be the prophet on TV, except that profit.
Speaker 3: Didn't do anything for this business. We got more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped News need.
Speaker 1: You don't have.
Speaker 18: Come?
Speaker 1: Run in as as we can.
Speaker 2: Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Okay, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five here to help you, and the numbers right there three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four six six.
Speaker 3: So let's go to the phones and find out what we can do.
Speaker 11: For you.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we've had.
Speaker 5: We have a Brad O'Brien with us oils Law dot com real estate Law, and he has answered a few questions. Right now, Deputy bo though you want to finish up. Marissa went to camping World. I need to know the original problem because it's frustrating. Go ahead and tell me what's going on.
Speaker 13: She bought a brand new her her husband bought a brand new camper in twenty twenty three and when they took delivery, they noticed there was a lot of stress cracks, just a lot of problems with the camper, structural issues. So they took it back and they sent it the camper back to the manufacturer.
Speaker 3: I did find this and the name I have is Melissa. What name did you say?
Speaker 20: It was?
Speaker 6: Melissa?
Speaker 13: Melissa Oliver.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have it.
Speaker 5: Then I'm sorry I said I didn't. Okay, go ahead, I got it. So then once you keep going.
Speaker 6: So come.
Speaker 13: They had the thing for six, like six months, so they paid for it. They're making payments on it. They had the camper for that length of time. They sent it back, drove it, took delivery on it, and there was still some wall cracks, wall repairs and to do it to lift the back. The jacks aren't working, and it seems like they didn't.
Speaker 10: Really do it.
Speaker 3: And they said when you called, when you called, I have it.
Speaker 5: You called Marcus's office and he said or that the office said we're going to get on this.
Speaker 13: Yes, they did, We're gonna take care of it. I never got a call back. I've taught, I've looked like I've spent hours on it. I tried to get a hold of Jake Ke's the service.
Speaker 3: So basically they just said, I mean, geez, they've never took care of it. They're going to have to sue them. Have they ghosted her completely? Have they ghosted her completely?
Speaker 13: They did offer her a five year extended warranty on the camper, which is ridiculous for something that they made forty grand for. So she's frustrated. She actually at this point I did find an attorney and ensuing Camping World good Lance good I told her to let us know if she can divulge with the settlement or outcome of the cases. And the reason for my call today is I just want people to beware of Camping World. I think they should go on the sleeves brigade, and you know what I do too.
Speaker 5: The problem, do you know what the problem is? They don't have any competitors, Mark, Mark, you're.
Speaker 3: Lazy base man. Lazy Days beats some hands down. Yeah, but no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm talking about Lazy Days. You're right, they do. But I'm talking about that store, the Camping World stores. You can't find stores like that anywhere, can you? Lazy Days? Do they have wait? Wait, Mark, do they have RB stores?
Speaker 14: Oh my god, dude, they have indoor showrooms that are like the size of a football.
Speaker 5: But I'm talking about you know what I'm talking about where you can buy toilet valves and you can buy like, you know.
Speaker 14: Hoses, And I would assume their service department sells all No, no, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you've ever been to a Camping World store, an actual don't. I guess I don't even know what you're talking about at this point.
Speaker 5: All right, Camping World sells new and used rbs, and Camping World has a service department. Now those things suck. But Camping World also has superstores picture a Walmart. But the only thing they sell are things to do with camping, whether it be those locations also sell RVs. Yeah, well it's one place, right.
Speaker 3: Not all the time.
Speaker 5: I don't remember, actually, Mark, I think I used to go to a big Camping World store and you like, if you need a sewer hose, you buy it there, or you can buy like just welcome ads and different things made for RVs. I mean, it's hard to explain, but it's accessories as well as actual parts, like you know that you know the dumb valves and stuff that are universal that screwn.
Speaker 3: You can buy those, you can buy.
Speaker 5: You can buy different things at Certainly people are familiar with the Camping World stores. I mean they are fantastic stores. I'm not talking about their stores. I'm talking about when we say they suck.
Speaker 3: What sucks about them is the uh the what you MC call it, the service and the sales anyway, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. Well she's doing good. I want to I want to be informed on this thing. I am sick and tired of it. Thank you, Deputy Bow appreciated. Three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 3: Two five five. Eva has a question on titles. Eva, go ahead, what are you talking about? Eva? Hi?
Speaker 25: Hi, good afternoon. Hey, Yeah, I have a question for your real estate expert. Yes, yes, and uh, I'd like to hear his phone number.
Speaker 3: If she can, I'll give that. I'll give that number out. Let's talk about it. What what do you need?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 25: Well, many years ago I had put my son, my oldest son, on the title, a quick claim title with me, but I didn't know if I should how there was no beneficiary d way back then that I knew of. So I put down on the quick claim tenants in common. But first I had what is the other one?
Speaker 3: Joint tenancy?
Speaker 25: Joint tenancy? Yeah, because that one is the one I thought I wanted, but just in case to be sure, I also put the other. So what happens if you have two titles.
Speaker 3: On the Well, you don't have two, you just change it.
Speaker 5: But let's talk about this in general, okay, Brad, just very basically, Brad O'Brien, what is the difference between joint tenancy and tenants in common.
Speaker 15: The big difference is that joint tenancy has the right of survivorship. So if there's two joint tenants and one of them dies, then the survivor automatically owns the whole thing.
Speaker 16: If it's tenancy in common and one of the two owners.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 15: Then the person who died their interest in the property goes to their estate gets.
Speaker 25: Probated, right, and I want to avoid probate. So how how do I go back?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me explain something.
Speaker 5: The difference is, as he said, you want it and joint tenancy, so it automatically goes to your son at death.
Speaker 25: I want it with right survivorship. I want to avoid probate.
Speaker 3: I just told you joint tenancy does that.
Speaker 25: No, it was the other one that did that.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I listened wrong. Go ahead, tell me, Brad, which one.
Speaker 16: It's joined tendencies that has the right of survivorship.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, you were right.
Speaker 19: Okay, now now hold on.
Speaker 5: There's one other thing though, I want to put out there for other people listening.
Speaker 3: Do not do what Eva did. Do not use a quit claim deed.
Speaker 5: Do not convey your house and a quit claim deed for a state planning purposes. It's not a good idea. I don't want to into it. It's just not a good idea for taxes. You want if you at ken, you want to do it in a will and a trust or in a beneficiaries deed, which is the simplest form, and the trust and the beneficiaries deed can.
Speaker 3: All bypass probate. All of these old.
Speaker 5: People signing their kids onto their house with quick claim deeds are making a grave mistake when it comes to capital gains taxes.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that, so, Eva, you've already done it. I don't think you can undo it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Can she undo what she did and just do a beneficiaries deed? Can she get back full ownership and do a beneficiaries deed?
Speaker 15: Well, only if her son deeds his interest back to her. She is not in a position to take back the deed.
Speaker 5: That's not a thing, now, Eva, if your son would give up his ownership, his joint ownership, he will not Oh no, oh.
Speaker 3: This is not the Eva that he has. Oh no, no, no, no, Eva, I have the one.
Speaker 25: I'm the one with a wonderful family that screws me.
Speaker 3: You're the one. Mark You know who Eva is? He gets kicked in the face every two Does this idiot know listen to this?
Speaker 5: Does this idiot know that if he gives up the ownership, he'll actually have less taxes to pay? If you do it in a beneficiary's deed or is he afraid you won't put it back in his name?
Speaker 25: He doesn't trust anybody, so yeah, it's because he's not trustworthy himself.
Speaker 11: When you love this story, when.
Speaker 25: When he didn't know that I had his name on the deed because it was a promise I made to my mom that he my two boys would never be homeless, so I put him on there. And the reason he found out his name was on there was because he was going bankrupt or wanting to go bank grip, and whoever he owed money to said, well, you can't you own this house. When he found that out, he changed the locks on the door where I lived and put stuff out on the lawn.
Speaker 19: They kick me out.
Speaker 3: I'd have the bastard arrested, but we've gone down that before. Eva, he had he kicked his mother. Believe it. I believe it because she's been calling for about seven or eight years. Yes, I do believe it. Yes, Hey, is there any Brad? Brad?
Speaker 5: We had the cops go out there one time for you, Eva, Brad, take off your ethical hat.
Speaker 3: Is there any way to out maneuver this guy? Are you on the deed with him?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, Brad, is there any way at all.
Speaker 5: If she went out and god alone, listen to me carefully, and defaulted on it and it was a friendly person who knew her and they did a foreclosure, would that guy lose his ownership.
Speaker 3: And she could get it back if she went back and bought it back.
Speaker 15: No, because a new mortgage would be junior to the deed to this guy. And so if they were foreclosed on it, they would step into her shoes, and that foreclosing.
Speaker 16: Leander would be a co owner along with her son.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, you mean to tell me that when you own a house with your wife, no one can foreclose on you.
Speaker 15: No, in this case, it depends on which was recorded first. In this case, the deed to her son is already recorded, So that's previous in time to this new mortgage you're talking about.
Speaker 5: No, No, No, But it's in both of their names right now, both of their names right now, right Okay. So if she goes out and gets the loan and somebody will loan her money, they're taking a deed.
Speaker 3: Of trust or can they not do a deed of trust without both sicking? He'd have to sign.
Speaker 15: No, the mortgage would only be on her half of the house, and that's all they can foreclose on.
Speaker 3: But there are you tenants in common or joint tenancy right now? Does what I said? It doesn't matter? Okay?
Speaker 23: I wrote, I wrote both so so, but hold on so in order for this mortgage to be binding on both of them, he would have to sign for it obviously, right right?
Speaker 3: Okay? Now, what if you said to your deadbeat son, do you get along with him? Right now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 25: In other ways, what if.
Speaker 5: You said to your son, son, you know, how would you like five grand I need to take out a second for five, I'll give you five and then you.
Speaker 25: Take No, he wouldn't do that, and I don't want to do that. I am trying to talk him into going with me to an attorney. That's why I want your fellow's name and.
Speaker 5: Number and getting it done and getting it done? What as a beneficiaries D or change?
Speaker 25: I would I would take my name off of it if he would first take his, you know, if we would cancel the joint.
Speaker 3: Tenancy or in other words, you want him to own it all by himself. You want him to own it all by himself.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I want him to inherit it, and I don't want to be responsible for any of.
Speaker 19: His bills, because you could come.
Speaker 3: Back on the hand, you're not responsible for any of his bills.
Speaker 14: I was told I could see if he Oh, the next time, next time he gets pissy towards you, he's going to throw you out on your ass.
Speaker 3: She's out already, Mark, I'm not there. She's already out, all right, he's gone.
Speaker 5: He kicked her out years ago, and now she wants off the title. And you're telling me, why would he want you on the title? Wouldn't he wouldn't he enjoy getting you off the title?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 25: I don't know what his thinking is. I'm trying to explain to him that capital gains will hurt.
Speaker 3: Is that house paid for?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How old is this guy?
Speaker 11: Fifty seven?
Speaker 3: Does he do maintenance on the house and take care of it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Does he work?
Speaker 25: I don't know exactly what he does. I allowed him to take a heelock on that house so that he could buy a place to live in Nevada.
Speaker 5: So he Wait a minute, he put a he put a heelock on that house. So there's a loan on it. There's a loan on it. Did you sign on it?
Speaker 25: Did you I want my name off of it?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not going to come off of it. He's got he would have to refinance.
Speaker 25: Well, oh he would.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you can't do it alone. That lender is not going to take you off of that note.
Speaker 19: Oh dear, Yeah, i'd like to be Even if he agreed.
Speaker 3: To it, the lender won't take you off. Listen, even you made so many mistakes in your life. I can't even tell you. You've been slapped.
Speaker 5: You've been slapped in the face so many times by all of your kids. Wasn't didn't your grandkids didn't that one grandson all.
Speaker 3: Didn't he also kick you in the face.
Speaker 5: Of course he did. They all kick you in the face. That's the unfortunate part of life. We got to take a break, you know, Eva, You know what? Mark has an expression. I hate using it, but it's a true one. This time it's an absolute true expression and I hate using it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, use it, Mark. You can't fix stupid. That's right. We got more coming up.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with REMAC Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooting three all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Now what I'd like to do is I'm going to go to the phones, but I'd like to stay up live when we're done and do some testing. I'm going to do a separate feed and I want a guinea pig to stay on a new feed with me, and we're going to check audio. But right now, Mikayla has an issue with an eviction, and I think this is a new caller, Mickayla.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's happening? What's happening?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Mikayla online with us? I'm Christy from earlier today. My phone kept dropping and mckaye, wait.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so you called you called earlier about an eviction?
Speaker 9: Yes, Yes, it's been really unfortunate because I've been doing this one more as much of my Section eight.
Speaker 3: Stay, I really are Now this is not wait, this is not the one with mold.
Speaker 17: Is it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, this is all the way different. So Rhino, if you've ever heard of it, you can google the company. It's called say Rhino Rhino Insurance. It has a purple logo. I was like other little geomet trick thing.
Speaker 3: All right, so tell us your problem, Christy.
Speaker 9: I'm listening, so long story short. Landlord tells me in twenty twenty two November my birthday, I need to get out of my house. That freeze was coming and I wanted to be out for my birthday. My mom had died.
Speaker 3: I was depressed.
Speaker 9: I needed a new start.
Speaker 3: I get to this.
Speaker 9: House and I look at it and I'm like, this is my dream house.
Speaker 11: Lord, give it to me.
Speaker 3: He gave it to me.
Speaker 9: It's been a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Like okay, so.
Speaker 5: Let's get to that part. You're renting a home? Are you renting a single family home?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 9: With Section eight, I don't pay any rent. So how am I getting a victor?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 3: You're renting a home? You gotta let us. It's a give and take. MICHAELA. We know you're up set, but answer the questions we we we really need to know the basics. You're renting a home and Section eight is paying one hundred of the rent? Is that correct? Yes?
Speaker 9: And I'm both evicted for not being the deposit that we paid for already and they know we paid it.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now how much of a deposit are they say you? What do they say? You did not pay any of it?
Speaker 9: Okay? So there's this entity.
Speaker 5: I'm asking how much were you supposed to pay according to them?
Speaker 3: Or you did pay how much they wanted?
Speaker 9: Twenty three hundred. We paid eighteen hundred to Rhino for five thousand dollars in coverage, which dissipated once they didn't get a payment in the.
Speaker 3: Christie because christ Christy, hold on, Christy, please hold on.
Speaker 5: You are talking about insurance, then you're talking about deposits.
Speaker 3: You're making no sense. So I need to ask questions. Please just let me ask questions. Don't even volunteer anything unless I ask.
Speaker 5: In order to rent this Section eight home and get one hundred percent of the rent paid, did you personally were you personally responsible to pay anything?
Speaker 9: The deposit was the only thing we're to pay for.
Speaker 5: Now, when you talk about deposit, are you talking about a security deposit?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: What does Rhino an insurance company, have to do with a security deposit?
Speaker 9: Our renters told us that that would be a trusted entity that we should use to pay for our rent.
Speaker 1: So we trusted them.
Speaker 3: I don't I have no Section eight is paying your rent? Why did you have to get Ryan?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 14: Hold on, let me intervene just for a second. Rhino has a security deposit insurance. It's the I'm reading right from their website. Ryo is the first full deposit management platform for the rental industry, offering renners simple and affordable digital deposit options like cash, security deposits, grant her of coverage security deposit insurance.
Speaker 3: So that's what Rhino is.
Speaker 5: So instead of making instead of making a conventional security deposit, you buy this mark.
Speaker 14: It says renders can use our platform to satisfy their security deposit requirements in the form of traditional cash deposit or a security deposit insurance policy if eligible.
Speaker 3: I don't, Brad, have you ever heard of this?
Speaker 16: No, it sounds like a bond.
Speaker 3: Actually, it sounds more like a bond. You're right, okay, So Christy, So the landlord or Section eight? Which one required this?
Speaker 9: Okay? So each relature requires a deposit like any average you know, landlord tenant situation, and it's you know, likely to be the same as the rant.
Speaker 5: So so, Christy, So, Christy, Christy the So the landlord required a twenty two hundred dollars deposit?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Fifty?
Speaker 3: Okay? The landlord required it? Okay. So you were renting a home from Section eight and you.
Speaker 5: Were supposed to pay a security deposit of twenty three p fifty.
Speaker 3: Yes, their keep going. Then what happened?
Speaker 9: I didn't have it at the time that they finally accepted me seven months after.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 9: They tried to give us a house with mold and mildew, and I was not having that. I have sick kids, We're all sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't have to hear the extras. I just need to hear how did you get into this home? How did you get into it without the deposit?
Speaker 9: I paid Rhino one fifty a month for a whole year.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: Hold on, now, hold on, Christy, Now we're getting some America's Mark explain hinal, Thank you Mark, we got more coming right up. Hang on go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three top three oh three seven one three eight two five five guys, weigh in on my sound on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Please we're still refining that product.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is what we want to ask you, and I know you want to tell us a lot. Christy, I promise you we want to help you. Bottom line, you were renting a Section eight house. They're paying one hundred percent of your rent. The landlord required a twenty three to fifty security deposit. You did not have that, so you used Rhino making monthly payments of one hundred and fifty dollars for a year?
Speaker 3: Do I have it so far? Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Correct?
Speaker 9: And it guaranteed them roughly roughly five thousand dollars of coverage.
Speaker 5: Okay, so wait wait, so hold on, So this money you were paying monthly, it guaranteed the landlord up to five thousand dollars in damages of cover damages that.
Speaker 9: They can cash out at any time they wanted to.
Speaker 5: Yet, if you if you in other words, if you damaged the place, Rhino would cover you up to five grand.
Speaker 3: Yes, did the landlord accept that in insurance? Did they say? This is instead of the security deposit? This is fine, he recommended it.
Speaker 9: I never heard of it before this.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So then now I'm going to ask you to be very clear and simple. What went wrong?
Speaker 9: Well went wrong is I've been asking for refrigerator be fixed since.
Speaker 6: I moved in.
Speaker 14: That that's not part of this, Just so you know, Tom that Okay, there's no coverage for anything like that animation.
Speaker 3: Now here's what I want to know, Chris Christi, there was a hold on.
Speaker 9: There was Excuse me, I'm trying to be as short and.
Speaker 3: Simple as go ahead. I'll listen, go ahead.
Speaker 9: It's so complicated. We've been in here without stairs. I sat in my garage bedroom without installation, without heat and without light, and I suffer with depression, bipolar disorder and all kinds of things.
Speaker 5: Christy, let me let me stop you there. You are being brief and you're very very well. I understand this, but I have to explain something to you. Listen carefully. That money that you're paying to Rhino has nothing to do with the condition of the apartment.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 5: The only thing that's for is it takes the place of your security deposit or mispayment. It does not help, okay, but but then you're mixing things up. I don't understand how all of these problems with the landlord. I don't think it has anything to do with Rhino. I don't even know why you're telling us about Rhino, because Rhino and your security deposit for repairs.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 9: Asked? Once I asked the man for repairs, he said, we didn't have we didn't we don't have a deposit on final before, so he wasn't going to do repairs and if I didn't pay it, he'd digs me.
Speaker 3: And then okay, if you didn't pay, okay, if you didn't pay what, Okay, got it? So what they're doing, hold on, here's what I think is happening.
Speaker 5: I think they don't like you and they're looking for an excuse to evict you. Because if they originally accepted Rhino and now they're not, they're using that as a technicality. Did they put in writing anywhere that they would accept Rhino? Yes, and now they're saying so when they told you, when they said to you, Christy, you don't have a deposit and.
Speaker 3: Unless you pay it, you're getting out.
Speaker 5: When they said that to you, did you say, wait a minute, you allowed me to use Rhino instead of the deposit.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: And I checked my ledger and I found where they took it off.
Speaker 3: What do you mean took it off? They took the deposit off. I don't think that.
Speaker 14: I think you nailed it on the head, Tom. I think this is somewhat of a punishment. So now what it comes down to is what is actually broke that the landlord should be responsible to fix, Like what you said, the refrigerator, that has.
Speaker 3: Nothing to do with it. Right now, she's getting evicted before.
Speaker 9: The light the electricity. Now, it's beautiful. Like I said, it's like the money Pit Shelley Duvall, Tom Yanks movie. It's gorgeous if you look at it. It's my dream house. I hate that we're not gonna be living here, you know, but it's been one thing after another.
Speaker 5: But if everything you told us and Tom, I agree with what you're saying. But listen, you're gonna have Christy. You're gonna be in front of a judge on that court date. You're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Able to prove Section eight paid every bill that was due.
Speaker 14: You're gonna be able to say that they actually haven't fixed, for example, your refrigerator.
Speaker 3: You don't have running water. I don't know if you're gonna be able to mark you out mark The biggest issue is this.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's an issue, But when she goes to court, Christy, you're gonna have to listen. Okay, when you go to court, what is she gonna say, say Brad O'Brien, When they say, well, she never paid a security deposit, that's why we're evicting her, what is she going to say. She's gonna say, I have rhino and then they're gonna say what's rhino, And then the landlord's gonna say, we have no idea what it is.
Speaker 3: I need proof that they accepted rhino. In the beginning, I.
Speaker 9: Have at least three hundred and fifty emails.
Speaker 3: Fifty emails. That's that's weird between me.
Speaker 9: And the landlords. And I've had at least and what.
Speaker 3: Do those emails say? What do those emails say?
Speaker 9: God, a various amount of things with how they did with the deposit the stairs. Like I said, no, no, I look at it.
Speaker 5: I'm not looking right now. I am not looking at what they're not fixing. What I'm trying to do is keep you from getting evicted.
Speaker 3: That's step one. So we need proof they allow you to use rhino. How many times do I have to say it? The repairs be nothing if you get kicked out on.
Speaker 9: Your ass exactly, sir.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the number one thing we need proof that they accepted rhino. Send it to us and then we'll call them and say you better not threaten her anymore.
Speaker 9: You just listen to me, okay. So as a risk, like say you're say you're in my shoes, sir, you have to get online and you look it up and they have to invite you. The landlord has to let list. Okay, yes it does. It has everything. Like I can't I can't even be approved for Rhino.
Speaker 3: I agree with everything she's saying. Tom.
Speaker 14: She doesn't need proof of Rhino. I'm sure of that at this point, just from reading on. Because they'll only do a policy with landlords it accept it. They will Rhino themselves will have acceptance of it.
Speaker 3: Okay. And like she said on the ledger, we need someone to help her. We need someone to help her hold on.
Speaker 14: Okay, I understand the one main thing, what why are they evicting you? Are they literally saying because you didn't give a deposit? Or is there another reason they're evicting you. There's another reason, but they're not telling her that. They're telling her it's because she didn't make a deposit.
Speaker 3: Christy, is that right?
Speaker 9: He said, it's not a deposit, it's a garnter, what do you call it? Aurdy guard, a thirty bond, it's everything, but what it is he's trying to make a name for himself. He's barely a kid.
Speaker 5: You know, all right, listen, here's what I'm asking you didn't answer our question, so I'm going to ask this again, and I have to take a break. Your last chance to answer this question. Are they evicting you because this kid that wants to make a name for himself is claiming you have no security deposit made?
Speaker 9: Period?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, going is a copy of that eviction notice. Just we'll give you a text number on break.
Speaker 5: I don't think she actually got an official notice yet, did you, Christy?
Speaker 9: He spent somebody over here in the man said, I don't know why you're here because five other people I serve today none of you guys. You guys all paid your rent.
Speaker 3: Did you get served? Did Christy, Christy? Did you get served?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 9: By some fraudulent person.
Speaker 3: I don't care about that.
Speaker 5: You have this thing about not answering questions. I just want to know if you got served us a picture of it. We need to we need to take this on hold on we come right back. Wait a minute, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: So, Brad O'Brien, I don't know what do you think she does?
Speaker 5: If she gets proof that the security deposit should not be an issue and they're just looking for an excuse to get rid of her, she goes to court and tells her story.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, The.
Speaker 15: Argument in front of the judge is that this landlord took this Rhino insurance policy in lieu of a security deposit.
Speaker 3: And now is using it as an excuse to evict me. Right.
Speaker 5: I think what we do is get that eviction notice and I'm going to let one of our deputies call and negotiate this and say, look, you know this is punitive. That little snot nose wet behind the ears guy she's talking about trying to make a name for himself. Mikayla, is this guy new there? Or Christie is he okay? Hold on, send us that eviction notice. Let's mark this down. I'm gonna give it someone to work on.
Speaker 3: I don't know who. Right now, we're simply out of time. I am the Troubleshooter. You can tune in for more tomorrow
Speaker 5: On The Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Coming up my goodbye video