Speaker 1: Welcome to the Wine and Wine Podcast. I'm Kelsey and I'm Ellie. This is your dose of friendship, fun and figuring life out together. Let's be besties because life is messy, wine helps.
Speaker 2: And whiny is optional. Hi, bestie, guys, we are back. We probably our most like. I feel like these are fun episodes. They are fun the life updates, life updates, They're easy, brazy. You guys like them too. Yeah, we really enjoy just chit chat chit chat away and just telling me each other about our lives.
Speaker 1: I'm on you, guys, but we are staring at each other. You guys are not physically in the room with us. But it is meant for you guys.
Speaker 2: Totally, absolutely, absolutely, And I know I maybe left y'all hanging like, yes, what story I did? Oh my gosh. Anyhow, But well we'll get into that when we get into that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have our wine today, We do have our wine.
Speaker 3: This is a wine that I got when I was up in Boise, which that is part of my life updates. So we'll get there when we get there. But I tried this while we were up there at a small little wine tasting in a grocery store because apparently you can do that up there. You know, Utah sucks sometimes.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this is called Conundrum red Blend and it comes from the Wagner family. It says, the nose is full of bright red fruits and luscious mikes of tart, raspberry and earth tannins are welcoming with an impressive linger and a hint of cocoa powder. And wait for it, we are getting crazy here. It was twenty three ninety nine.
Speaker 2: What why you went over our over the budget, how dairy becaus and.
Speaker 1: Over the.
Speaker 2: More funny?
Speaker 1: But anyway, okay, yeah, let's do it. Oh shoots, I know, I'm like, I put it in a wrong spot.
Speaker 2: Well, I I touched the chord, so my bad. If there was gong, if there was weird gong knowings. Okay, but that does have the legs be legging. M that's a good leg.
Speaker 1: That is a good leg.
Speaker 4: Swirling, sniff, sniff and swirl.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've already tried it, so I just wanted to see what your thoughts were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good. Is that good? Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, it's like it's like it's like full in a nice way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so it finishes so soft and smooth. Yes, yes, yes, I'm here for this. Yes, oh I'm glad. I know.
Speaker 3: He was like when we were tasting it, he Katie and I both really loved it. Katie my cousin, we both really loved it, and I want to get this to turn on the pod. Because when he was describing, he's like, this is there just middle of the road wine that like literally is a crowdpeaser. He's like nine out of ten people usually like it.
Speaker 2: Whoa. He's like, you know, so.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Could you imagine if I was like the one at the time, one that was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, this is nasty girl.
Speaker 2: I'm like I hate this whatever, get out of here. Yeah no, no, I really love it. I would read it maybe like four or five.
Speaker 1: And That's where I'm at. Are you I love it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is one of those times where above twenty did work out.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I would still consider it.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not like expensive twenties. It's like three dollars over our budget. But yeah, yeah, no, this is not that we have a budget. We just kind of started doing that.
Speaker 1: I think we did.
Speaker 2: I think we did just start doing that and then we kind of like rolled with it.
Speaker 3: We were like partly just because where we're both at in life as we just needed the budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, totally, totally, And I think it's just fun too, like let's try all the freaking dang wines in that age.
Speaker 1: But this is good.
Speaker 3: I think I think I went a little higher just because it was like vacation and this and that. So I think vacation wines get a pass. Yes, I'm here for it. That was really good.
Speaker 2: That nice move to make glad you loved it.
Speaker 3: Love it so because this one talked about tannins in the little blurb about it, Today's wine one on one is about tannins and what they.
Speaker 2: Are, Okay, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, so we're gonna find out today.
Speaker 3: So it says tannins are natural compounds found in grape skins, seeds, and stems, and also in oak barrels. They give wine a dry, slightly bitter or puckery feeling in your mouth, especially around your gums and tongue. It's not a taste so much as a feeling, kind of like what happens when you sip.
Speaker 1: Over steeped black tea.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: It says white wines have very little to know tannins unless they've been oaked, because they're made without grape skins. Because that's also where red wine gets its color, is the skins.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, this is all making sense.
Speaker 3: So it says why do tannins matter. Tannins give red wine its backbone and aging potential. They can balance out sweetness or fruitiness, and tannic wines are awesome with rich fatty foods like steak cream cheeses, because the fat smooths the tannins out.
Speaker 2: Interesting. That's why you always pair red with like your red meats and stuff.
Speaker 1: Especially a more robust red coat.
Speaker 4: The more you know, the more you know the little rainbow.
Speaker 2: Just like a little head. The more you know that is good to know. And that makes sense, like the way it feels, because have you ever eaten like a lot of grape, Like your mouth feels like a little different. Yeah, if that makes any sense, but yeah, and it's true. It is the skin, you know, whereas like I don't know, I don't know if you've ever like had appeeled grape. That's super random, but you would just know the inside is just like it's.
Speaker 4: Like kind of mushy, mmmmm interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another fun fact is, because this would be too short to be a wine one on one anyway. But wine grapes versus table grapes, wine grapes have a much thicker skin too.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that. I guess I didn't know the difference that there was, like a wine grape and a table there.
Speaker 3: Are considered table grapes. Yeah, so I wonder if you like you would them, Like, do not want to eat a wine grape? I've tried. They're pretty terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh well, now I want to try one just juice. Like juice grapes also terrible to eat what They're so sickeningly sweet and mushy. Because I have a big old bush of welches concord well, I guess not welches, but concord grapes backyard. And I was so excited when I first saw him, and I'm like, ooh grapes and I went to eat him.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: It was the worst thing I have ever tasted in my whole life.
Speaker 2: Really, not me, just finding out that there's different types of grapes like juice table wine. I just thought they were all the same. And you just like use them for different things. Nope. Wow.
Speaker 1: So also the more.
Speaker 2: You know, we both just did a rainbow of our hands, not me learning at thirty three.
Speaker 1: It's fine. That's the whole point of this segment.
Speaker 2: I know, I love it. That was good to know. That was really good to know. Yeah, oh my goodness. Anyway, great, So Ellie he.
Speaker 1: Left us hang in. Yes, yes, but we might not start there. So yeah, we might not let you get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just grabbing my phone because I had to, Like, y'all, I have to. We have to make notes or we forget things because I'm like, where busy, what's happening? Like what is life? Also, I do like a Google calendar and it's coordinated, and that's I literally have to look back at it and be like, okay, oh yeah I did that. Yeah that's what I did that day. AnyWho, I'm just trying to find the name of this restaurant and I can't freaking find it. So it's making me a little sad because I'm like, oh, I was going to tell y'all just right now about it so that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have to like circle back a bit.
Speaker 2: But it's in logan it's basically what I was going to say, is my My month in June started off with a girl's brunch, Like me and my girlfriends went to brunch up in Logan and my friend Natalie recommended this restaurant that I'd never heard of in Logan and it was so freaking good. Oh you know what, it's probably in my stories, so whoa, So as I'm talking, I'll probably just go into my archives or whatever. But anyway, we went up there and it was just so fun. It was like a full day, like just excursion or whatever. Because Logan is like an hour away from here from all, So if y'all have never been up there, I need y'all to just go check it out because it was delicious and the vibes were just vibin. Okay, I pulled it up. It's called herms In, so h e r M herms In and it's in Logan, and the vibes were just immaculate.
Speaker 3: Like main street or is it like out like off of the main part of the off off like it's almost as it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it would be cute main street vibes. It does sound like it does have a cute main street It does.
Speaker 2: It does, but it's definitely wasn't on Main Street. It was like up by the mountains more and so you drove through this really cute like neighborhood to get there and we sat outside and the patio was just a vibe. The mountains were there, like the vibes are just the vibes were viban. And so that's actually what I do with my girlfriend. So I have two like girl groups, I guess you can say like girlfriend groups. And so those ones, the ones that we do brunch with.
Speaker 1: We call each other. We call ourselves the DBB.
Speaker 2: But anyho, we try to get together at least like every six weeks to do brunch just because our lives are so busy, like everybody's a mom and all the things, and so anyhow, that was so fun that we're like, I think this is just going to be our like go to it's like this place here that's nice. And my other girlfriends they're my high school girlfriends, and we call it.
Speaker 1: She has names for her girl groups and it's so cute. Oh my god, I know I have a girl group name.
Speaker 2: You need that.
Speaker 1: It just needs to be normalized. Everybody who has a girlfriend group.
Speaker 3: Side note we do currently have our girls group chat is called the Escalante Ladies because our last girl strip was to Escalante. Oh and we've never changed the name, so now we're just Escalonte Ladies.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your guys's girl group name. Then that's your guys's girl group name. I mean, you you have a you have to have a story behind it, so like the dbbs have a story behind it. Actually, well what does.
Speaker 1: That stand for? I've always wondered, if you don't mind sharing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so the DBB stands for dose Baddest Bitches, which does as in doze like baby bear. Yeah. So, like real quickly, long story short. One day, my because the girl group was never named, it was just like all the girlfriend's names on there, if that makes any sense. And one day my brother grabbed my phone and changed the girl group like or just updated the name to like Baddest Bitches or whatever.
Speaker 1: So we're like whatever, we are the Baddest Bitches.
Speaker 2: And then we went to Vegas for one of my girlfriend's like bachelorette party. This was years ago, and it was like three o'clock in the morning and we're just like vibing in the club and it's like close to closing time. It's like starting to be like four am whatever that was like back in the day when you can actually like hang that late. And so me and Mike and we're like just dancing or whatever, and then we could see like our friend te just kind of maybe like three four feet away from us, and she was kind of dancing solo, like doing her own thing, and we're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, girl.
Speaker 2: But me and Mike and were like dancing closer and like facing each other. All of a sudden, the lights are slowly starting to come on and you can see that everybody's kind of like dwindling. Yeah, like there's not as many people out that late, and we see the sky from like the corner of our eyes, like dead pan stare at Tea like that was his mission. That was his goal, was to get to Tea. And he literally walked right through, right in between Mike and I, and it was all like the biggest slow mo, like he's just like staring at her, walking straight towards her. I'm sure he's thinking she's by herself. And then as he walks right past us, me and Mike and look at each other and we say everything with our eyes and we're like, Nope, this is not happening. So then we run over and Tea bless her, she's just like still Vivian, just like living her life. So we run over and we grab her and we pull her out of the dance floor, and then we find all our other girlfriends and it's like four am. We're like, okay, we're done.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 2: Let's go home. And anyway, so we get back to our hotel room and we're like re enacting the scene and we're like, you know, when you like tell the story and it's like a million times funnier when you're drunk and it just happened. We're like yeah.
Speaker 1: And then anyways, he like comes up. He was like a hyena.
Speaker 2: Like we were just describing that this was like the jungle, this was the wilderness, and there was this predator coming to two cute little do The cute little dough was Tea and we and so two of my girlfriends actually didn't go out that night, and so they started joking. They're like, oh my gosh, us does would have kicked the door in and we would have fought the predator. Like anyways, there was this whole thing, and so anyways, it's stuck. We're like we're now called the Doe's bad as Bitches because we're a bunch of little does out there just like fighting crime.
Speaker 1: So I actually have like a.
Speaker 2: A sticker of us going to Vegas and then there's like a picture of Like that.
Speaker 3: Totally makes sense now because I always I've seen that sticker many times.
Speaker 1: I knew I saw the dbb's and I know what that means. Yes, I know you guys go to Vegas a lot, but I was like the deer.
Speaker 2: You're like, what does the mean? And it's because they're Does and we're just dose.
Speaker 4: Anyways, whoa, that was the longest story to rail you, but I've always wondered what it meant.
Speaker 1: That was the biggest. Now on the tea, you're in on the tee all because of tea. Because of tea. I know, I gave you a look like I filled it in.
Speaker 2: That was good. That was good. But then my other girl group, It's so funny, we literally didn't have a girl group either. And then one day me and I was just like updated it to squad squad and we're like sure yeah, We're like sure, sure it'll stick well, we'll keep it. But anyhow, all that to say, I went to brunch with the dvbs and then with the squat squad we go do coffee dates. So anyhow, that's just kind of like a thing we do. And I would just highly encourage y'all, like if you have a little girl group, we're just a girlfriend like kind of make it a thing like a date, like every month you go get coffee or you go get a beer or like whatever. So that was really fun. So we did that, and then a couple of my girlfriends the following weekend we went to go see did you go watch The Materialist?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: I want to. I don't want to spoil it then and I'm not gonna yeah, but AnyWho, Yeah, we went to go see that movie. And I wasn't a big big fan, but I was kind of a fan, but not a big fan. And I can't spoil it because you haven't watched it. So AnyWho. So there's that one. And then so I was saying, how like me and my girlfriends do like coffee dates and stuff with the squad squad. So the last time we were doing coffee dates, I was like isn't it Rachel's birthday coming up? And so anyway, shout out to Rachel. Her birthday was on the twenty fourth of June, so a couple of weeks ago. If it's dropping, yeah here in the next week. But anyho, we're like, instead of meeting up for coffee, let's do a little birthday dinner for Rachel. So I have like a ton of like picnic like setup stuff. So I like the table. Yeah, I love hosting, Like, I feel like that's just one of the things I love doing. You're really good, Queen's posting we are that we need to we need to do an episode about that. Actually we do because I love hosting. You love hosting. I feel like we go all out when we host, we do, you know. So it was just so fun, like setting up the picnic thing outside, and then I did like a cafe real style like pulled pork salad that night. And then I even branched out and I saw this recipe online for like lemon cake, and I made like a home made lemon cake for the first time ever, and I knocked.
Speaker 1: It out of the park. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was really fun myself. Yeah, and it looked really cute like I did. So anyways, it was really fun having the girlfriends over and like celebrating Rachel and we had that. But you know what's a bummer is I actually live in town homes and like the HOA started the fucking sprinklers at like seven thirty or.
Speaker 4: Something like pick up your setup.
Speaker 1: So we were like, she had like this cute.
Speaker 3: Like low table and they were sitting on like pillows and blankets like it was adorable.
Speaker 1: That would be hard to just pick up and run.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. I even told them. I was like, hey, guys, I think the sprinklers are going to come on at eight, just because I've been monitoring when they go on. But then they got They turned on at like seven thirty. I was like, all right, here we go. So we were only there for like an hour.
Speaker 1: Tonight they turned on it was like five thirty. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Like I need, literally I need to talk to my ho and be like, what are we doing schedule yes, because like.
Speaker 1: You need to know. I mean A, I mean it, I can't plan a barbecue if there's gonna sprinklers exactly, you're telling me I can't frolic in my own grass at like a PM, Like, what's so dump?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Yeah, And I feel like you should just water your lawn at like eleven PM, like when it's like cool.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know why ours at like the butt crack of dawn, so they're done by the time you wake up.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can still all the lawn that morning, totally, you know, yes, And so it's just weird. So anyhow, it was fine though. I didn't ruin our vibes.
Speaker 2: We just I have another outdoor table on my patio, so we just hung out there. So that was really fun and we did that. Okay, So that was one of my life updates. And then my next life update that everybody's wondering about, is my ankle just get out? But I was like, oh no, And then I'm like my ankle, no, but yeah, I am going to physical therapy for my ankle. My ankle feels better, y'all. And I'm no longer in a boot, I'm no longer wearing a brace. Nice. I only wear a brace now if I'm.
Speaker 4: Walking a little too much or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Playing pickleball, uh yeah, so I actually played pickleball y'all. For the first time ever this past Sunday, and I did it in a way where I was like playing like like a fourth of the court, so like my team, my teammate took their own side plus half of mine, so then I don't have to like shuffle jump. I can kind of just move up and down and then kind of just reach or whatever. And it was really fun.
Speaker 1: And I like I was just probably was so happy.
Speaker 2: It fed my soul. It literally fed my soul. I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm back, not fully but kind of, you know, So that felt really good. The bitch, the bitch is back with cookies and kuties. I brought like homemade cookies and katies too. I was like, hey, guys, I'm here again, Like.
Speaker 4: The bitch is back, but I brought cookies.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys. I freaking loved it. I freaking loved it. So I'm glad I'm back like playing pickwall. So it was like, oh fun, it just made my life for you. Oh I loved it all right. Well, my last life update for the months. I guess I'll save the best for last or is it the best? I don't know, who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Yeah, you can either can choose what your favorite is. Yes, you can consider this the best update or not. But just like my.
Speaker 2: Dating life, you know what I mean, Like the board off, it was what did I even end off with?
Speaker 1: Last were in a relationship? I'm just kidding, right like that real where did we left?
Speaker 2: Really? But that's such a true thing now that like when Kim was like where did we leave off? Because you literally don't remember, like I should have maybe played it? So I so then I can just like pick up where I left off, if that makes any sense. But anyhow, all that to say is, yes, I did a lot of dating in June, and I realize I have a lot of random X and it's so annoying because I'm like, can you on ick and ick?
Speaker 1: Who knows? According to Jade? And you can, but it's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And here's the thing though, like I feel like there's like a scale of X and if it's not as bad, you can un it. Yes, if that depends on what it is. Yes, So AnyWho, there's a couple Oh my gosh, I should have written down the actual stories, but I guess I'll just tell you the most recent one. So I actually went on a date. So we're recording this. I don't even know when this release is next week. We were recording last week. So then I went on a date last week, last Monday, basically, okay, like the day before July first, anywhoon? Wow, so specific? Why would anybody want to know that? Why would they even need to know that?
Speaker 4: I on a date June thirtieth at five pm and we went to this place and here's the address, and I ate this.
Speaker 1: How about that? AnyWho?
Speaker 2: So there's so there's this guy I was talking to you for a while. I actually met him on Unhinge and I wasn't like super like into it at first. It was kind of one of those things where you just like match with them because like you maybe can or can't, if that makes any sense, Like you're not like super gun home like oh my gosh, yes right, yeah yeah, And so it was like very much a slow thing to like finally get to like talking more. All that to say is like he was like, yeah, like let me take you out on a date, and I'm like, okay, sure, and so he was like, yeah, let's do let's do like Wednesday night or whatever. And I was like and this was like a week ago from our recording.
Speaker 1: I guess, whoa.
Speaker 2: It's so weird when it's like, wait, I guess when does this release.
Speaker 1: Let's do the math backwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a week ago from a week.
Speaker 4: You guys don't even need no last week of June. It was fine him head, it was five days before June thirtieth, so I think like our date was supposed to be on June twenty fifth, So like, oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, anyway, anyway, whoa Okay. So so all that to say, he was like, hey, let's go out whatever. I'm like, sure, let's do it. Let's go Wednesday. I'm like cool, great, Well, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I swear I'm not gonna be here forever on life updates. But it is so much so he like he's like a couple of days before that, he was like, yeah, can you send me a picture of you? And I'm like, I get like the biggest eye roll because I'm like, we're not.
Speaker 1: Like you can see my picture on hinge exactly like it was one of those I know enough to give you a privileged picture.
Speaker 2: Yet exactly here's the thing, because I'm not trying to I'm not trying to portray myself as like some saint. Like my girlfriends know the coolness and the realness of who who I am, do you know what I mean? All that to say is like, I'm definitely not a saint, but like every guy is different for me, if that makes sense. So like I'm with this guy. I was like, we're not having these conversations, like I didn't even open the door to that, Like we were just having super normal PG like conversations. For him to ask that, I was like, what do you what's happening here? I gave you an idea that that was okay, yes, yes, exactly exactly. I did not crack the door open for you to like just bust it down AnyWho. All that to say is I was like, oh, why do you need a picture Lottie dah And he's like, oh, just to like remember you. And I'm like, okay, well, you can just pull up my hinge mind you. I said this all super nice. I said, you can just pull up my hinge if you want, and he's like, oh, okay, you're funny, and I'm like, yeah, because you can see somebody I because you can see my hinge profile with my pictures anyhow. So then when we decided I mean on Wednesday that day or or the night before, I don't remember, doesn't matter AnyWho. I was like, he was like, well, yeah, I'm can I ask you for a favor? And I'm like yeah, He's like, can you send me a picture? And I'm like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And so I was like yeah, like I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: So this was the second time he asked yes, and it was within like it wasn't the same day or like back to back. It was kind of like a couple still little icky, right anyho. So I was like, I kind of said in a really nice way, he said, I'm just really curious now, like why why are you asking for a photo of me? Like because I use no filters on my photos and they're all within the year. But I guess maybe guys don't know that. Regardless, he was like, well, it makes me feel like more comfortable, just like knowing like who I'm actually gonna go see.
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, that's valid. Fair.
Speaker 2: I said, how about this? What if we exchange photos? Like I send you a photo, you send me a photo. Yeah, And he's like okay, yeah, let's see that. So he sends me one. I send him one. I was dying. I was dying. I was like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, I'm getting caffish. Oh my gosh, I'm getting caffish. Oh, I'm like legit, Kelsey. I was like, this is not the same man I matched with. So I like pulled up his photo and so I kind of was like, okay, yeah, did that make you feel better? Like do you want to go again?
Speaker 1: I don't feel better? Yeah, no, totally.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you want to do one more? And he's like.
Speaker 1: Yes, like sure, So I said okay, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, maybe it's just a fluke. Maybe it's just that bad picture. Y. Yeah. So we like exchanged another photo and it was just as bad, and I'm like, oh no, what's happening. So I pulled up his hinge and I pulled up his most recents that he sent me, and I'm like, oh, I get it now, like a he's hat fishing me. But also be like the photos he has on his dating profile are probably like a couple of years old, yeah, seven years ago, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like like that one story I told you yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: Jesus Christ, Yeah, I think it's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't have no idea, and so I'm not gonna lie. I was less enthusiastic about the date, but I also didn't want to be a fucking asshole and be like, sorry, we're not going out a date anymore, because like your pictures Sun, like, I'm just not that person, Like I never want to be mean, I never want to be rude, and so I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, yeah, cute, you look good, like.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to fucking say anyhow. So we still have this plan to go on out on Wednesday, and we're like talking, he feels good about it, whatever, and then you can tell he's starting asking me all these questions like well, what are you wearing today? Like I don't want to like overdress or underdress, and I'm like that's weird. Yes, I'm like, just swear whatever you feel most confident in. Like I was already just kind of over. I'm like, come on, my guy, just like where.
Speaker 1: You would ask a weird question for a guy to or a thing for a guy to say.
Speaker 2: Totally totally and so anyhow, I get in the shower because it's like the day, like he's asking me this literally hours before a date. So I get in the shower and I'm just so like lallagagging in the shower. I'm like, I'm not even excited anymore, but I'm still gonna do it because again, I'm not a fucking asshole, and I'm not going to ghost and I'm not going to cancel.
Speaker 1: So I shower, I get.
Speaker 2: Out of the fucking shower, Kelsey, oh no, and I get this text message from him and he's like, Okay, you're not going to believe this, but my brother's like sink is linking and I have to go fix it. So I don't know if we can do tonight or like, uh like maybe I can try my best to get out of there soon.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you're probably like so relieved but also fuming because you just spent the time to take that shower. Oh absolutely, because this was not just like a shower. This was like girls showering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like in every bank, like an everything shower, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Ones that take like thirty to forty minutes, yeah, not like the ten minute yes, Like it's a hair the hair, the shaven, the exfoliation, the whole bank, the whole seven step care routineh you know.
Speaker 2: So I was like so at first, I was like, wait, did God just answer my prayers? Because I initially wasn't excited for the date.
Speaker 1: But then I was like who whoa, whoa, whoa wooh, hold on because I've done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that and I'm like, you canceled on me? Whoa?
Speaker 1: What is happening here?
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 1: And so I was like, is this a way for him to get out of this?
Speaker 2: Like I was so confused on what was happening. So basically after that, I kind of just was like, yeah, no worries, Like no big deal. And then I was like this is going to be the telling sign, like if he doesn't want to see me, he won't try and reschedule exactly.
Speaker 1: But he was really good about it.
Speaker 2: He was like I'm so so sorry, Like let's reschedule, Like when can I see you next? So we did reschedule, like and it was very back and forth. I was like, well, I can't do Friday, Well you can't do Saturday, Well I can't do Sunday. Well how about all that? To say is he did work his hardest to reschedule, which then makes me think that I think it.
Speaker 1: Was a legit excuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or I think because I was talking to my other friends about this, I honestly think based on the questions he was asking me about pictures and what he should wear and all the things that he might have social anxiety, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, his nerves could have got the best of.
Speaker 2: Him, and I think it like overtook him and he was like, I just can't do it tonight, you know. So I also want to give him the benefit of the doubt in that way and just be like like like considerate about that, you know so, and you know all that. To say, long story short is we rescheduled to Monday, which at this recording it was just yesterday for me, And so I was like I was still again not super like excited about it because of course, like those pictures all the things, but I'm like, I don't want to be fucking rude. I get there, and it was kind of oddly a nice surprise because he just sucks at taking photos.
Speaker 1: Like like a lot of men do.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yet like to the extreme, totally like I think us. Girls are really good at taking photos. Guys are the complete opposite. They just freaking suck an you know. All that to say is he was way better, like good looking in person than his most recents. So it made me feel better. And he was really nice and kind, you know, So that was nice. But yes, that whoa, that was the longest story to just move into my ick face.
Speaker 1: That wasn't even that was the kelsey.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry my life updates dating is so long.
Speaker 1: We really could have just had a dating life up data. But for really.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the ick was there's this thing he was doing which bugged me because I think it bugs me when I know this other ran person I'm not super close with that does this and it gives me the ick. But he does this one thing where he'll like will joke and then he'll like inhale and like think he's funny.
Speaker 1: He'll be like ha ha ha joke, Like I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just weird. It's just weird. I guess it's just weird for me. So I just looked at him and I was like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Like, oh no, anyone that does but do I do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you know what's so funny? I told I told him, you know it's so funny. I told one of my girlfriends this last night, and she was like, you fucking bitch, I do that. And I'm like, no, you don't, No, you don't. It's this it's a weird way. It's hard to explain via recording, but like it's like they'll say something that they that they think is really funny and then they'll go like, oh, like yeah, not like that, like that's their last that's just it. It's like they're like they're like blah blah blah, and this is the punchline.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, oh, okay, that okay. You know.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that was my egg and I just need to get fucking over it because it's not a big deal. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: But when it's already like something that drives you nets from somebody else, that is a hard thing to get over. Yes, yes, I think that was it.
Speaker 2: And then he reminded me of that person and I'm just all around and I'm nowhere near like like even think that person is cute. That it was like, oh, you're reminding me of a person that I don't think is like it was just a weird comparison. So anyw uh, Yeah, so that was that We'll kind of just see what happens there. Another random life update that's like in this realm. I totally forgot to mention was I threw a Yes the Singles night a mixer. I threw a mixture at a bar at the Red Light Bar here in Ogden, and it was actually a pretty good decent turnaround.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't talked, we haven't seen each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, there was a good amount of people that came out. People were excited the thing is and now realize, I mean it was my second time ever throwing it, and so you kind of just learn as you're doing these things. So if I do another one again, I need to be more like proactive and actually like making sure people mix and mingle because I kind of just thought.
Speaker 1: We're all to just do it.
Speaker 2: They would just do it.
Speaker 1: They didn't, so now they still sat in their groups.
Speaker 2: Yes, So now next time I was talking to like a couple of my girlfriends and stuff, they were like, you need to do games. So I think next time what I'm going to do is I'm either going to do like bingo or I'm going to do like a questionnaire, like, hey, here's a list of questions. Go ask the green band like people or whatever, because you work like a green wrist band if you were single, like ask them these questions, get the answer, and if you get all the answers before anybody else like yeah or whatever, whatever, it is like you get a prize whatever.
Speaker 1: So it's going to kind of like cute icebreaker.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it.
Speaker 1: Encourages people to be like, hey, can I ask you a quick question?
Speaker 2: And then if you're.
Speaker 1: Vibe and your then I would think the same thing because you know, the whole point you're.
Speaker 3: Going there is to find someone. Yes, So in my head that would mean like, okay, well now I have the green light to talk to these people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they weren't, especially because you would also think the people that are going to this are open enough too and bold.
Speaker 1: Enough yes to do go out of that comfort zone. Yeah, but apparently no.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing though, I applaud the people that went and were really shy, Like there was this guy who went and he was sitting by himself, and you know, he went just for that and I'm like, hey, are you here for the mixer and he's like yeah, and he was wearing a green wristband but he was just sitting by himself. And I'm like, because I had like a big group of people that just like came to support me, but then they were also in the mixer too, so we had a table reserved for us. So I was like, dude, just come over and sit with us, like it's so fine. Like so we encouraged the people who like just went by themselves to like sit with us and stuff like that. And so AnyWho, I've just I learned a lot and I'm like, I need to be more proactive and like I have like icebreaker type two ice breaker so that people are kind of more encouraged like talk to one another. AnyWho. All that to say with that update was I was feeling a little unhinged. I think it was that same day and I like texted all these guys on my contact list that.
Speaker 3: I use like no, no, no, yes, yes, I would ask all of the She asked her friends if it was a yes or no, and I'm like, girl, do.
Speaker 4: Not open that can of worms. She did it anyway, I did it. I he does it for the plot. I do it for the plot every single time.
Speaker 2: I literally have guys numbers saved from like years ago, like I look back and I'm like, oh, yeah, we talked in twenty twenty two, you know. So I just literally did a copy and paste like copy and paste message and sent image. I sent it to like twenty guys or something. Right, yeah, only a handful, like wrote back. Some of them were funny. Anyhow, long story short, There was this one guy who was like wait, sorry, like I deleted this, like who are you? And I read back his messages and he was actually really nice. So I matched with him back in twenty twenty two and we had really good conversation and then he dropped off for like a couple of weeks as per like the text messages or whatever. And then he circled back and was like, hey, like, how's it going. Sorry, I thought, replied to you. And then apparently by that time I had formed a better connection with somebody else, so I said, hey, like I actually have another connection, like we'll just have to drop this convo.
Speaker 1: And he was like yeah, no worries, like best of luck. So he was super nice about it that I was open to like seeing what's Yeah, it happened. So I was like, okay, sure.
Speaker 2: So I sent him a picture of me and he's like, oh my gosh, you're like, hi, get to meet you again, Like you look great. He's like, yeah, I can't make it tonight, but if I was there, like I would wear a green watband, would you do the same, And if so, would you want to take this outside of the mixer again? And so I was like, oh my gosh, are you read ninety So anyways, we started talking. We literally talked Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and like even just the next day, like that Saturday, he was like, hey, like let me take you out, like let's go out on a date. And I'm like cool, great, yeah right, so he was like, yeah, let's do Thursday, and I'm like cool, great, Thursday works.
Speaker 1: We can go to whatever bar.
Speaker 2: So we talk, talk, talk, and then Monday kind of just drops, which I'm not like, I don't really care because like we don't have.
Speaker 1: To talk every day and life gets busy. Life gets busy.
Speaker 2: So Monday's like the last communication day. We have our date on Thursday. I don't hear from him on Tuesday fine, don't hear from him on Wednesday?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Fine, but also not fully fine because our date is on Thursday, and so I figure out complete plans.
Speaker 2: That and like any normal person would confirm date the night before, yeah, like, hey, are we still on for tomorrow night?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yes, sorry, see we still.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, So I said, all right, Ellie, it's fine, no big deal that he didn't. Maybe he'll just confirm on Thursday. Thursday comes nothing in the morning. You're good, nothing in the morning. And then I'm like texting somewhere my girlfriends and I'm like, am I fucking over this? And they're like, yep, be over it.
Speaker 4: And then some of my other friends are like, no, just it wouldn't hurt to like send just like a quick little message.
Speaker 2: I'm like, chat, GPT, am I over this?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: AnyWho? All that to say is I'm like, fine, I'll just do it. So I send one message and I said, hey, just reaching out to see if we're still on for tonight. No pressure, no worries either way, or something like that, to where it's like, dude, it's fucking fine if you can't make it tonight, right, yeah, but let me know but just let me know. Do you think I got a message back?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do you think I ever got a response back?
Speaker 1: You still have not nothing?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: Thing the fuck? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: The bamboozlement of all times, the bamboozle all the time you'll.
Speaker 1: Hear from this week? Oh sorry, I thought, I replied.
Speaker 2: Right, could you imagine you screenshot it and be like, dude, Siri, if he does do that, I literally will that is crazy. But I literally was like, are you fucking kidding me? Like, like, in what planet do you think that's okay? Just you you said we're going on a day and if we're not, just say we're not.
Speaker 3: Like it's not because you shared a picture of the text message you sent all these guys and you said, hey, it's not I'm not trying to kindle anything.
Speaker 1: I'm literally just inviting you if you're still single. Absolutely that's how you opened it. Yes, so he was the one that rekindled it, not you exactly.
Speaker 2: For him to just completely drop off, just say you can't dude, like that's all you have to say. So it was the weirdest thing, and you know what, so funny it was, like so the way the two stories I just told that that Wednesday night was the night I was gonna go on a date with that other guy who said the whole leaking faucet, and then Thursday night, the next night was the night with the guy who eventually ghosted me.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like back to back.
Speaker 2: I was like it was I literally I was like, oh my gosh. I was like, Universe, what do you what are you trying to tell me right now? Like I feel like that was such a big sign from the universe to be like fucking chill, like I'm taking all this away so that like I'm preparing you for something else or whatever. It was just the weirdest thing anyway, weird. Those were my dating story updates, and they were just oh my god, Like June was just the weirdest fucking dating time of my life. And so anyhow, I'm sure I'll have way more juicy stuff for July because things are happening.
Speaker 1: And maybe that was I just didn't want to spoil anything. But maybe that's why that happened. You know what's funny, this thing that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely to be absolutely like I tell my girlfriends this and I'm like I honestly think the universe said this because I have somebody who like I see as my endgame and like hopefully it pans out. So I don't want to keep talking about it because.
Speaker 3: Of July or early August. I don't remember the exact day before. But next life update. Next I have some big tea for.
Speaker 2: Us, big tea on like some dating stuff. And she texts her, your girl just might be engaged in a month.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm so sorry. I yeap so long kill So I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay to all of us have had crazy Junes, so mine's also probably going to be a little long winded.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, love it, keep keep it going. June was busy, but it was also a really hard month for me. Will has been gone a lot.
Speaker 3: Which I had talked about that was coming up in our last life update that he was gonna be gone basically every single weekend of June and the one weekend he's home, I was gone. So just never really saw him, like during the weekdays if he was home, because he would like leave on like a Thursday, come on Sunday or Monday, so it was just like he'd be home two days.
Speaker 1: But those days.
Speaker 3: He also still had to work, and we work office his schedules, so literally didn't see him.
Speaker 1: A whole lot.
Speaker 3: He is very sweet, in one of those guys that he always makes a point to call me regardless of how busy his day is, even if it's just for ten minutes. But there are also days that we're talking on the phone for two hours, like you know, so he's at least he's he's very good at that. But I did have a couple really hard, really sad days where I just was like bawling most of the day because I just was like lonely, you know. Like it's nice like during like normal time when he's gone every once in a while just to have my space and get some stuff done mm hmm, but like having it just be all the time was hard.
Speaker 1: So it was really hard. But luckily his work travels are done for a minute. He's got another one in like mid July, but we have a couple of weeks where he's not traveling, and then after the one in July, he's done until we were state hockey starts back up, and then he'll travel like just for a day or two. Yeah, but he's home. He's home everybody.
Speaker 2: He's home.
Speaker 1: The dark days are over. The dark days are over. But luckily what we had our fourth first date anniversary. I don't know, like I think I've told you that in the past. I don't know when our actual like get together anniversary was it that it was some time in the fall. Yeah, so I just have marked our first date. So he was actually home that day, so we actually were able to have a date night and we went and saw the live action How to Train Your Dragon. Oh okay, it was so good. But I also love How to Train Your Dragon. It's one of my favorite animated movies.
Speaker 2: Love it. But it was so cute.
Speaker 1: They did so good.
Speaker 4: I was obsessed.
Speaker 1: I was crying.
Speaker 2: Loved it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I was also just gonna say I did start my June in basically Logan as well North Logan for that fifty five mile bike ride for women's cancer research in honor of my aunt Mary. It was a lot of fun. It was mom and Me a themed, which one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 3: I will probably do it again next year because it was a lot of fun. I'll definitely get some padded shorts though, because the only thing that I would complain about like my rest.
Speaker 1: My body was fine. I did it just fine, but my butt was so sore for like three days, I could barely sit down. It was so bad. So now I know I need padded shorts because nobody warned me. Well, I was telling her, and you should also get like a padded seat. Yeah, well, it wasn't my bike, it wasn't e bike.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to invest in a bike seat when it's not mine and nobody but also we had had that conversation like literally the day or two before I was the bike ride.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But yeah, nobody thought even though I was with a couple of people, my two aunts that have done this every year for a long time, they didn't think to tell me. My mom did it last year. She didn't think to tell me. And my mom has a pair that I could just borrowed. But whatever, goodness, but now I know for next year. Yeah, but it was a lot of fun. I'm really proud of myself.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I still did it on e bike, but that was still fifty five miles five and a half hours.
Speaker 1: I could never yeah, I could never. It was hard.
Speaker 3: My aunt Cindy actually still did it on her regular street bike, so she showed out to her. Yeah, it was a long day, but it was fun. And then back to the wine story. I went to Boise for my beautiful cousin's bridal shower. We stayed at her and her fiance's new home.
Speaker 1: It is stunning. It is like a resort.
Speaker 2: It looks so nice.
Speaker 3: It is the prettiest home ever. And the people that owned it before it was their new build. It was supposed to be like their dream home, so they thought of literally everything. But I guess the guy like ran into some like he made some poor like business decisions and I couldn't afford the home anymore. YadA YadA. But it's luckily for my cousin. They hired a gorgeous home. Yeah, it is funny though it is a fully smart home. Everything's ran off of their like apps on their phone, so they were to lose power or Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: They could barely even flush their toilets.
Speaker 2: That's insane. Hi, there has to be like a generator.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's something. I never asked. We just thought it was funny because even their toilets were smart toilets.
Speaker 2: No freaking way, Wait, how do you flush them?
Speaker 1: It just senses it. Oh no, it's an automatic thing. Yeah, so you walk in and it opens the lid. It senses that it knows when to close the lid. The toilet seats are heated, and then it senses whether you do one or two, so it does the how powerful the flesh needs to be. It's bizarre.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if you need a flesh again?
Speaker 3: Though there was a little button still, Ok, there was like a little button on the wall you could push. There was also a button that would like l There was also another little teeny button that would lift up the seat so if a guy was gonna go pee, because it doesn't just open that obviously.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine it like scans your private parts, see if you're like, like, are you gonna.
Speaker 1: Go up or damn?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, but yeah, like they're blinds.
Speaker 3: Their lights everything run from an app So that was crazy. But it was stunning and she looked beautiful for her bidal shower. Her wedding is in July, so I'll have that for the next update. But one of the days we were supposed to like hang out the pool because they have a gorgeous pool, but it ended up being like chilly and kind of drizzly, so we were like, well, what do we do because they had just moved into the home like two weeks earlier, so they're still trying to unpack and her and get ready for the shower because the shower was at their house, so this day was we were kind of just gonna be on our own like whatever.
Speaker 1: So while they finished unpacking, she just told us. She's like, there's like.
Speaker 3: A huge Albertson's like marketplace kind of thing up there, and she's like, yeah, you can go over there and just grab a glass of wine and walk around.
Speaker 1: We're like we can what now we can do? Say that one more time? Say it again? So she's like, yeah, if you want to, just like go do that for a minute whatever, and we're like okay, so we go. But then we also we start walking. We're like trying to walk in. We're like, wait, we didn't ask questions like where do we procure this glass?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes, where where do you get it from?
Speaker 1: So we go in, We're like, I don't. There's like a food court like to the left or to the right, and so we're like, let's go check over there. Sure, shit, there's a bar, but we also don't know if that's still where you get it from because it's an actual bar. And we're like, well, it doesn't say anything about no alcohol be beyond this point, so I think this is where. So we walk up to the bar and Katie's like getting so nervous, and I'm a girl, let's just let's just be honest and say we have no idea what the fuck we're doing. Yeah, So we finally go in. This girl, the bartender, she's like, what can I get you guys? And we're like, so we heard a rumor. We're like, we're from out of town.
Speaker 4: Can we get the glass and walk around?
Speaker 1: And she's like yeah, and she's like where are you from.
Speaker 4: We're like, Utah, and she's like oh, She's like makes sense, this is an experience for you and we're like yes, And so we both pick our wine and we could have had like a cocktail or a beer, like you can walk around with whatever, but we're like the wine.
Speaker 1: Stuck with us, right, mmmmmmm.
Speaker 3: So we both pick out our wines and the bartender's like, and you want the big poor right, and we're like yes, that's a thing. She's like yeah, I'm like, yeah, so we get glasses of wine and we gotta start walking around. It is surprisingly difficult.
Speaker 1: To shop with wine in your hand, especially if you're still trying to actually shop. That makes sense, Yeah, you have like just one free hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we got a cart, and their carts do have cup hole like drink holders for the glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, but they're actual glass and it's a metal cart.
Speaker 3: So it was like D and so and it was a tall, poor sketch. I still had to basically hold my wine in the cart because otherwise it was flashing everywhere. So it didn't help a whole lot. Chug chug, right, But yeah, we walked around for like an hour and a half and we were just so sidetracked with everything else going on that we forgot about our wine even though was in our hand, because we're it's this store is massive, it's overwhelming.
Speaker 1: They have all kinds of cool shit. So all of a sudden, we're like, oh shit, we gotta get going back. So we're supposed to start sent up for the bridle shower. We're like, but we still have these full glasses of wine.
Speaker 3: The so that's what we do is we start kind of just like trying to goul put down. But we can't gold wine right, right, But we spent our hard earned dollars, so we're not gonna just leave them. So it was like old thing, but it was fun.
Speaker 1: It was an experience that sounds so freaking fun.
Speaker 3: But in the wine section there was a guy doing a little tasting from this winery that I brought the wine from, so we got to try all six wines whatever, you know.
Speaker 1: So but I realized this one, that's why I brought up fun zies. Do they sell it here? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a California whe it's not an Ia Hawaiian. Oh, that's just what he was doing a testing they could. Yeah, so we'll have to look. It's just, you know, it's normally out of our budgets. We're not normally looking in that section.
Speaker 2: That sections like, I've never seen you here in my life, And I'm like, that's right, yeah funny.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so that was fun.
Speaker 3: And then let's see, I've also enjoyed a couple of really lovely days out on the paddle board. I only went like twice all last summer of our gone three times this summer, so we're doing we're doing well. We're all try so that's good because I just feel at peace on the water.
Speaker 1: It is so peaceful. It's so peaceful. This last time when we went on Sunday, like I was telling you earlier, was an absolute madhouse, though, because word got out about our spot. I don't want to make word get out more so I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Say it publicly here if you know, you know, yeah, but I guess they did a special on it on the news.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, and so it just blew up and it was insane.
Speaker 2: That's so easy. So you got to get there at five am.
Speaker 3: Now at this it's so dumb or just yeah, Like I'm like, I guess I'm just gonna start taking a random day off work and going because I hate crowds totally, especially when they're just like idiots that don't you know. Like I was also telling Ellie this earlier, like I'm like it was you could tell it was a bunch of newbies because they are just idiots.
Speaker 1: None of them know how to paddle.
Speaker 3: Half their boards weren't inflated to the right PSI. There's also a bunch of people on tubes and like it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of a wind place. Unless you're you know what you're doing and actually have like an ore. You're not, you might blow away. Like it's all. It was just a whole thing. But it was still fun. Had a great day.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and then I guess last thing is I did have my first market.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes, and it was fun.
Speaker 1: We did pretty well.
Speaker 3: It was a really hot day, so I kind of drove away some traffic. We still had a lot of fun. Like always, I was.
Speaker 2: There, I said, I know you did love it. Yeah, but yeah, that was that was so fun. That was such a cute market. It's so fun. Everything you guys had of I was like, oh my gosh, cute. When's your next one again?
Speaker 1: September sixth? Heck yeah, so we've got some time. We just don't have enough time or inventory to do more than that. But yeah, that's so fun. So it was fun. Yeah, tune was good, but it was also hard. Yeah, mixed bag. You gotta take the good with the bad.
Speaker 2: I guess you kind of go from there, you know, like like maybe I go on a date and they buy me a drink and food and maybe a.
Speaker 1: Guy ghost me, Like you take the good with the bad. You know exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: You just gotta keep on chucking. Yep. Oh my gosh. This I think has been our longest.
Speaker 1: Life update life update and normally were an episode.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, but I'm sorry. I think I just okay, word vomited in my dating life and so it happens, it happened.
Speaker 1: I think we'll just We've also had some life updates that we were only like twenty minutes long. Yeah, I think life updates. That's just life.
Speaker 2: That's just life, y'all. Yeah, So I'm I'm glad you guys still stick around.
Speaker 1: If you're still you're still here.
Speaker 2: We hope you are. If you're still here, Hey, thanks, thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this gab totally wine and wine.
Speaker 2: Anyhow.
Speaker 1: All right, well thanks guys, sit you the next one. Bye, all right eat bet seeze.
Speaker 2: That's it for this episode of the Wine and Wine Podcast.
Speaker 3: Don't leave us, hang in like subscribe and follow or else we'll drink all the wine without you kidding.
Speaker 2: Kinda and hey, tell a friend they need to be bessies too.
Speaker 1: Bye