Speaker 1: Okay, are we on? I think so, baby, I don't know. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's ride Ryan. Okay, wake you wake your hands off snaky. I think we got all the buttons in the right spot here. Good morning everybody, and welcome to tat Tuesday. Very busy this morning. Got a fun little game to play with you, guys at a twenty Kevin the teacher who won yesterday he'd beat a ninth grader. Kevin's going for win number two, fresh out of mad Head two Head Challenge, BlackBerry Smoke tickets. That band's coming to tell March twenty eighth. I've got your tickets on the Fun Fact Flashback, Shine Down tickets at seven to twenty. The Deep Throat Game we'll play at eight twenty. You haven't heard the Deep Throat Game in a while, we haven't played it in a while. That's gonna be for your Rodeo Houston. Tickets to go see Ajar. Got a conctured announcement coming your way with tickets at nine o'clock. Pierce the Veil tickets today on the show. And then, guys, we got a ton of fog. Sorry, tons of fog. A dense fog advisory right now nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy hides up around sixty five today. YEPI skippy, Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning Rod, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration clarified that Elon Musk's email order is volunteering, meaning that it is not required that federal employees send Musk's Department of Government Efficiency a list of things that they accomplished in the last week. Before the Trump administration's clarification, it was said that dogs would take anyone's decision not to respond to the email as their resignation. When asked about the change in policy, one official reportedly told ABC News that DOGE is moving fast at the direction of the President, and that is exactly the point. Joanne Fabric's, a prominent fabric and craft retailer over the last eighty years, has announced the closure of all of its eight hundred plus storage in the US. The decision follows the company's second Chapter eleven bankruptcy filing within a year. It's been attributed to declining consumer demand and inventory challenges. The company had initially planned to close five hundred locations, but after an asset auction, the new ownership group decided to go with a complete liquidation. Going out of business sales are set to begin immediately at all stores, with gift cards accepted until Friday. The company's website and mobile app will remain operational during this period. Denny's has joined waffle House and added an egg surcharge to its menu due to the ongoing nationwide egg shortage and rising costs.
Speaker 1: We said other people were going to jump on board with joy amount of time.
Speaker 2: The popular diner chain says the price increase is necessary to keep up with higher supply costs. Waffle House has already adjusted its prices to deal with the bird flu shortage and eggs Denny's has not said how long the new search charge is going to last, but did assure customers that they're working to keep prices as low as possible while still serving fresh eggs in their meals. The entertainment news actor Alec Baldwin almost lost it on a guy outside of his New York City home. The man was a Donald Trump impersonator and offered Baldwin a pardon for quote murdering that woman he actually actually called him a murderer a couple of times during the interaction, referring to the accidental death of Cinema, a cinematographer on the set of his movie Rusk. Alec let the man go on for a bit while then beginning, and he got in his face and said, if this camera wasn't here, I'd snap your afping neck in half.
Speaker 1: And break your affing neck right here. Did you watch the video. I did see a bit of it. He was really in his personal space. Yeah, he was really, I mean Alec trying to just it was a gotcha ye, it was a gotcha moment. It looked like Alec was maybe just getting home from the airport, unloading his bags in the street, going into his building, and this guy was all over him doing a bit. Yeah and uh, like you said, Alec, let him go for a while. But this guy, I mean, some people I know they're going to say that the the guy that's the Trump impersonated with Oh what balls he has. It's like, man, people just don't care. He went to somebody else's house and just harassed him. That's that's not cool. It's it's it's all right. You have to go watch the video.
Speaker 3: Chill.
Speaker 1: He's putting that up on links and guests.
Speaker 2: Role and also threatened to quote shove that camera up, you're ass despite everything that was said.
Speaker 1: But who did not get physical with the many just got in his face. I'm not the biggest Alc Baldwind fan, but he wasn't out a place at all on this Yeah Deserved.
Speaker 2: Front man David Draymond says that the band plans really is a bunch of new music over the next year. So the singer says the new music is made of some stuff that they have in the vault and that they will be releasing the new music as a build up to a new full album release. Draymond also went on to say that the band is quote incredibly proud of this body of work and then it's definitely got that old school, dis disturbed feeling to it, but to expect.
Speaker 1: Some surprises to come later down the line.
Speaker 2: We played you the new single I Will Not Break that we're listening to right now on last week's show and got almost all positive.
Speaker 1: Reviews on it. Yeah, but we didn't know anything more like that. Is this a part of an album or something? So finally, David Draymond is giving us. This is what we're doing, guys. Yeah, all right, Sports, what you got with that spring trading?
Speaker 2: The Aspers game against the Marlins was canceled because of rain. They're gonna be back at it this afternoon and they play the Mets down in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: First pitches at twelve o five.
Speaker 2: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talks seven ninety. In college basketball, fourth rank U of H beat number ten Texas Tech on the road last night, sixty nine sixty one. The Coves improved to twenty four and four on the season.
Speaker 1: Crook, I got you, buddy.
Speaker 2: In the NBA, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Bucks at the Toyota City. Tip off for that at seven o'clock, and you can hear that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Let's go. Four Hours of Pain starts right now. You want it on the first phone call, Come get it. Com standing right here leading for you to call seven one, three, two, two nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Okay, ninety four or five The bus Red Hot Chili Peppers right out of the gate. Good morning, brod Ryan checking in and let's do this damn thing. It is Tattooesday. That will be our Instagram feature today. I just saw a great Instagram feature was sent to me. I forwarded it over to Chili. I don't know if that's going to be today's or if you already had today's locked in, But all of these are generated by you. Everything that you send in is what we post for the Instagram feature of the day. So if you see something out there that you like or like that check a couple of weeks ago. If it's your account and you want us to feature your account, well we'll do it. Of course we'll do it. I think that was a Tattooesday as well, So just send us what you want us to put up on the website and we'll do it. Okay, So that's that. That's Tattooesday. Kevin the teacher, he beat that ninth grader yesterday. He made short work of that ninth grader yesterday on the air. It's a good thing he did. So he's gonna go for win number two today. Chili puts some concert tickets in there for you. I've got some great concert tickets for you on the fun Fact Flashback. I love this band, BlackBerry Smoke. They're playing March twenty eight seven use a call well documented that I've never seen them live, so I'm hoping to be at that show. But you can get into that show if you know the fun Fact Flashback Shine down tickets at seven twenty The Deep Throat Game Alex I sent you. I had, like Alex is pulling like double and triple duty around here doing all the the extra things, picking up the slack with us being down a one man, and I had to send you a bunch of audio to put in today. Yeah, do you get everything? Okay, So we're gonna play We're gonna play the game at eight twenty, the Deep Throat Game. And that's where you know, if you know, sometimes I might go too deep, but you're gonna have to figure out what the song is. I'll explain everything Deep Throat Game eight twenty For Rodeo Houston tickets concert announcement coming up at nine o'clock, we'll give you tickets to that and then Pierce the Veil tickets on Know the show that's gonna keep us pretty busy. You gotta be careful out there on the roads today. Dense fog advisory. Please be careful, careful, careful out there. I mean it was thick even for my little tiny teeny drive in. I noticed right when I walked outside. I mean you could see it was just thick walking through the heights.
Speaker 4: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Looks like Israel got through for the first phone call Israel. Good morning, morning brother, Hey dude, how are you man doing?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: This is the first time I ever got to answer I've been trying for years.
Speaker 1: That son of a bitch. You know who I'm talking about, right, Chili just doesn't want to answer that.
Speaker 8: It seems like he's about me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: A lot of people are answerings of Israel.
Speaker 2: Where are you from Houston, Texas?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Are you outside already? Did you have to deal with any of this fog? Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm currently on the road right now.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: How is it where? You tell me where you're driving and how is the fog?
Speaker 2: I'm driving a Katie and it's pretty foggy outside, but I can.
Speaker 1: See jeered Okay, Yeah, it was pretty thick out there for sure. What are you up to early doing You're you're working right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you do?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: I do h bag work okay, big face units the eater on residential or commercial?
Speaker 9: Commercial?
Speaker 1: Okay? And what time is your first job today? Like? Where do you got to be? What time is your first gig? Uh?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 8: Like around four thirty in the morning?
Speaker 1: Whoa? The fans varies every day.
Speaker 2: It is just a different day. Sometimes I'll be up at four in the morning, and then I'll be up at five in the morning.
Speaker 1: So every weekday, depending on what job you have, you don't get up at the same time every morning.
Speaker 8: No, sir, every day is different.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll be driving four out of Texas. It could be from Waco, Texas to Palace Team, Texas.
Speaker 6: It could be anywhere.
Speaker 1: Wow, what time did you did the alarm go off today?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 8: You got up like at four thirty. I'm trying with my little girl, man, she give me up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I was gonna ask? What time do you go to bed? If the alarm goes off at four thirty? What time did you shut it down last night?
Speaker 9: Whatever time?
Speaker 1: My little baby's letting me go to sleep?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really okay? Yeah, yeah, like Alex, listen, I gotta get that six hours. What time did you go to bed last night? Alex? Do I not want to know the answer? A little before eleven, you jackass? Oh he looked you know how Israel you were in bed before eleven thirty? Right?
Speaker 6: Nah, I ain't going a bit too like a round twelve thirty or one.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: You guys are animals, but Israel you are. I mean, I'm gonna throw this out here. You are twenty seven years.
Speaker 8: Old, now I'm twenty eight. You were closed Yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, listen, dude, thank you so much. I appreciate you being up early. You gotta somehow work. You're waiting to get in just a little bit, you know, a little bit more sleep. But man, you're doing a great job with that little girl. Thanks for listening this morning. Please be safe out there on the roads that goes for everybody with that dense fog advisory on the flip gonna rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 4: Rock and all tearing The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. Yeah, we got that dense fog advisory. It is nasty out there for your drive. Thank you, Christina Cruz. Yeah, a couple of you are telling me that there's some nasty fog out there, please be careful. Ten percent chance of raining. Nothing over that today, partly cloudy. We're gonna see highs in the mid sixties today. Daddy likes that. What do you got trending? Lester Holt is trending? Is he stepping down?
Speaker 3: Yay?
Speaker 2: Stepping down from his role on NBC Nightly News. Okay, I know he's been one of the biggest names.
Speaker 1: In news for years. Yeah, top guy over.
Speaker 2: There, but yeah, you will no longer be in that role. Also trending this morning is ROBERTA Flack. She is a Grammy winning singer and has passed away at the age of eighty eight. There's no cause of death. Maybe it was listed for.
Speaker 1: Her first time ever. I saw your face. But here's how you would know ROBERTA Flack killing Me song With this song killing Wissa, she's the original you just thought Lauren Hill, right, Yeah, her, So that's ROBERTA Flack. Lauren Hill did a cover of that that was very, very popular, So that I think that'll bring it a round. White people will appreciate ROBERTA flax. Okay, what else? Joanne Fabrics is also trending.
Speaker 2: The craft from Fabric retailer is closing all eight hundred plus of its US locations after deciding to just completely liquidate all of the suber that is was trending on ninety one five above.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: This is Kevin.
Speaker 9: You're fresh out of fad had to head one Day Champions and apparently this teacher is smarter than the ninth grader.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness. Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two. It is seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want to take on the teach.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz, good morning, rob Ryan Schump. Billy Corgan's got that new podcast. I watched a little bit of it. Yeah, a new owner. Do you go back to like an old one? Well, it's the whole series is fairly new, the Magnificent Others. And he was interviewing Gene Simmons, and I mean, we know we've talked about Billy Corgan a lot on this show. Simmons that Billy, well, you know the thing about me liking somebody interviewing another person, it's that person's general interest in finding out something about that person. And I always feel like Billy, he wants to ask questions, but he also wants to talk about himself mostly and and but he's because he's on the level that he is. He's gonna get Gene Simmons to maybe say a couple of things that maybe Gene wouldn't tell me. You know, I would be super excited to get everything I could out of Gene Simmons. And I've interviewed him before and he just gives standard answers, and he kind of did almost the same thing with Billy. Sharon Osbourne was on the show. That's where we found out. That's where we found out that her biggest regret was not allowing Ozzie to be Jack Sparrow's dad. She said she turned down that opportunity for Ozzie. So he is getting some cool things. Some sound bites are coming out of it. It's the magnificent others. And I think he's got a YouTube channel. You can go and check that out. Good morning everyone, fog is what I offer you today? Well, I mean, it's not me it's just what's happening. There's a dense fog advisory out there. There's low chances of rain all day, partly cloudy, high of sixty four. What I do offer is to play a game, and we can't find that teacher. He's not picking up so again. Yeah, but you know, I'll give him a pass on one day. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge listeners to your corners. So hey, Michael, good morning, Good morning. Hi Michael. You were supposed to play the teacher that won that beat the student yesterday. I don't know you sure if he took some razzing for that. I mean, he won, so we just couldn't. He wasn't picking up his phone. You were going to play the teacher. We had to go get a substitute teacher for the teacher, so we had to go get another player. So, Michael, welcoming you played last year. Have you had some success on this game at all?
Speaker 10: In the call?
Speaker 1: Okay? But have you ever won before? No, sir, okay, just in the call okay, Now I know this guy is won. He's just lurking and waiting in the wings and he saw his opportunity, and he pounced. It's the return of Slow Fast Andrew. Good morning, Slow Fast Andrew.
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Bro? Now you've been in the Hall of Fame. No, sir, what did you think he was in the Hall of Fame, Alex No, slow Fast, slow Fast. He just he's just slow fast. Okay, I thought he was in the hall once. Well, Slow Fast, have you played this year?
Speaker 7: The last time I played was January seventh.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, good to have you back up the one trump of the year. I appreciate your candor. You guys are playing for Saint Vincent tickets. She's performing April eighth at White Out Music Hall. Let me tell you she's pretty spectacular. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. The winner will play possibly the teacher tomorrow. We'll give I'll give him if the teacher shows up. If he shows up, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. So we got our substitute, Slow Fast Andrew, and we got our contestant, Michael Andrew. Michael, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here comes your questions. What is a house made of ice? Cornered? Margaret Andrew was fast Andrew IgG glu That question continued, also a brand of cooler. But you guys didn't need that. Andrew was fast fast on that. Super slow was Michael, Michael, you were super slow on that? Yes, I heard it, okay, like you heard that you were slow? Well after I heard my name, I heard it in the background. Yeah it was. I ran and got a cup of coffee, came back. You hadn't answered yet. Next question, Just just beat find another gear. That's what we say here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Michael, Andrew, what do bees make? And Michael, Andrew, Honey, show me, honey, honey. Yeah, all right, Michael, you were really slow. Yeah, look you were funny slow like it made me laugh. You were slow.
Speaker 3: I'm always quicker in the car.
Speaker 1: Everyone is, everyone is. I've had people that are undefeated for twenty one years in the car that things change when they get on the actual show. Michael, I hope you play again, though, Okay, you're going all right. Andrew stopped with that. It wasn't a good game, So don't even say that, Andrew, Andrew, stop with that. You're lying. You don't tell lies on the show. That's all I ask you could be slow, you could be fast, but don't lie. Andrew. Saint Vincent tickets are yours? Do you want to play tomorrow? Yes, sir, and we'll see if we can rustle up the teacher. The teacher gets to the one day pass, so hopefully he's all right.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Bus, ninety four five. The bus. That's my favorite part of that's on the ending there where it sounds like those those guitars are like running out of gas or something. It's very cool. It's new breaking, Benjamin. I remember doing the world premiere that It's Awakened, and I'm glad we're banging that all day. I am so happy about that. Dense fog advisory. Good morning, wakey, wakey, hands off those snakies. You don't have time because there's the fog. It's very very thick out there. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today. Part of the claude him around sixty four. Wow, it's six thirty seven. Let's go, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning, everybody, Slow fast. Andrew is back twenty five. First one pump chump, but not looking to repeat that. I am your afresh on a bed head to head one day champion. Yeah, and I will make it win number two on Wednesday, bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, I just want to go look to see if the teacher emailed me. I hadn't heard from him, so we'll keep that slot open for him tomorrow. If not, we're going about it.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. But if he's got the opportunity to come in, it could be a predetermined game if I hear from him. If not, we'll sum somebody in and take on slow fast Andrews. See if they can make it a two times the first two time one pump trump of the year. It's the fun that.
Speaker 5: To the day we make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 1: All right. I gotta sit here and I gotta think, Man, what's gonna be interesting that these guys in the morning. It's a weird time. It's dark, it's foggy, nobody knows what's going on. Here's what I brought in. There is a difference between a crevis and a crevass French. No, crevis is a small crack. Crevass is a huge crack. So the Grand Canyon is a crevasse. Yeah, I got no follow up on that. I'm gonna say I'm Ron Burgundy. Yeah all right, Although if you wanted to tell somebody at work today they're being a huge crevass like that. Uh, this is good news. If you're suffering from an existential crisis, you can get some relief from thailanol. That is fun. Your study came out found that thailandol actually helps people overcome the fear and anxiety that can come from deep philosophical issues. Okay, good old Thailand all huh wow, I feel better already. H Finally, let's just dumb it down. Get back to where we get back to where we play. Get back into the yard here. Okay, a chimp's poop throwing ability is actually a sign of intelligence, that's neat. The more accurately the chimp throws its feces, the stronger their brain is. Okay, Okay, I saved myself from the tie, little one. It's the fuck. That's the day. Come on, we make you look smart. The day they'll be a crevass. I have BlackBerry smoke tickets. March twenty eighth seven to music hall. You gotta do this though your back. What did a sixteen year old in nineteen twenty six invent? We learned that yesterday seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 1: All right, for those BlackBerry smoke tickets. But first let's talk to the money man. Hi, how brother Ron, Good morning, Good morning money, honey. How'd you do yesterday?
Speaker 9: It was a mix day on Wall Street. The Dow is up thirty three points, kick off this morning at forty three thousand, four hundred and sixty one. NASTAC down two hundred and thirty seven to nineteen thousand and two eighty six. Benchmark Tenior Treasury is trading at a four point three three percent, and oil stands at seventy dollars fifty four cents a barrel. To the most actives, the big studs, Nike, Travelers and Walt Disney, the big dougs, Navidia, Amazon, and Wall On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer confidence for February. Right now, Futures early on the upside. Hang on to this. We're gonna have a positive open like you're on Wall Street.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 9: I'm out here, this is Halan, I needs a director with Raymond James put it for The rod Ryan Show from Raymond Jamesohn Saint Fleet and Augusta and don't forget those rock out will you stock out?
Speaker 4: Amian's express are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates, Sank Come Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 4: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the BESTIESA does are based on movement as reported by Young Finances.
Speaker 6: He's rock used insulteranaty of All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome Back, rod Ryan Show, hit it your good morning, good morning? Hello? Who is this?
Speaker 8: This is Lindsay?
Speaker 1: How are you Lindsay? I'm doing good? How are you great? Thank you for asking, so I need an answer. This was invented in nineteen twenty six by a sixteen year old in Pasadena, California. If that helps as another clue, what am I looking for? What did this kid invent a cheezburger? He sure did, Oh my god, they called it a Chase hamburger. But you just want tickets to go see BlackBerry Smoke March twenty eighth, seven seven one to three Music Hall. It is super exciting. Rats, Lindsey, thanks for being on the show today. Thank you all right, I'm gonna need you to have a great day. Okay, you do, Thank you, You're awesome.
Speaker 2: Exact Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Getting ninety four point five the bus Station from I High Radio, The Rod Rdan Show on ninety four five, Wake out the Buzz, Come on drink ninety four to five The Buzz, thirty seconds to Mars and m kill Bury Me Rob Ryan's show, Happy tat Tuesday. Everybody deats fog Advisory. You know that I got a six fifty three right now. Next hour, I've got Shine Doown tickets for you, Shineddown's biggest fan. Yesterday she said she was the biggest fan or was it a he she was? She said it was her favorite fan, said it was her favorite fan. That's awesome, one that works out like that. Shine doown tickets coming your way today at seven twenty. We're gonna play the deep throat game. What worry about it? Playing the deep throat game at eight twenty. This morning, I got a concert announcement at nine and I'm stuck with this guy all day again. Alex High, Good morning from are Houston's headlines wenting homeroom morning everyone.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration clarified yesterday that Elon Musk's email order is voluntary, meaning that it is not required the federal employees send Musks Department of Government Efficiency a list of things that they accomplished in the last week before Trump. The Trump Administration's clarification, it was said the DOGE would take anyone's decision not to respond to the email as their resignation. When asked about the change in policy when official reported, they told ABC News the DOGE is moving fast in the direction of the President and that that is exactly the point.
Speaker 1: Didn't you see the video yesterday? No, did you hear about the video? Yesterday. No AI generated Oh them kissing? No worse, Elon Musk is sitting. It somehow is played on a loop in a federal building or something. I don't know all the ins and outs, and I'm not putting this on our website. It was an AI version of Elon sitting in a chair and Donald Trump kissing and licking his toes. The AI stuff is so scary. Yeah, I mean it looked AI, but it was just you know me, I love a good footsucking video. I saw it yesterday. It was gross. It wasn't real. It wasn't real. Oh well.
Speaker 2: The Texas Lottery Commissions executive director said Monday that he does not believe that third party lottery game service is known as couriers, are legal under state law. Switched from the commissions years long claim that it had no control over the practice. Since twenty sixteen, the Commission has maintained that retailers and lawmakers did not have the authority to regulate third party services allowing customers to buy lottery tickets remotely, But in a policy statement on Monday, the Commission says that it now views the practice as illegal and that it will revoke the lottery license of any stores that sell tickets to a currier. The shift comes just days after one of the commissioners resigned and as legislature as legislators are publicly expressing their own interest in banning the practice.
Speaker 1: So I don't know really what's going on. I just know that this was a really big story. We were kind of tossing around different stories for this particular position in the headlines, and this one was the one that was the biggest, the one they were talking about the most on.
Speaker 2: The government website for making money just breaking news. Well, but they're trying to make you make less money. Something's funky with the courier bring those tickets. Oh well, so that makes it.
Speaker 1: I mean, why has it been legal then? I don't know. They're just taking a look at it and taking away money from people's pockets. What is this? How many hours have you spent playing games in your phone?
Speaker 3: Rod?
Speaker 1: None? None, I don't play it.
Speaker 2: I didn't play phone games. But one woman in England's Candy Crush addiction, which is the music you're listening to now, that just earned her two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars in a payout in court. She got hooked on the game after her doctor put her on a high dose of meds that she claimed messed with her impulse control. The court ruled that they should have warned her about the side effects. So the woman claimed that the game was like a gateway drug to her and claimed that it led her to start playing virtual slot machines too. The woman had been prescribed to drug called rope and Roll rope pin Roll something like that, but it was to deal with restless leg syndrome. The court found that the drug also mimics the effect of the feel good hormone dopamine and can make users more impulsive in some cases. I feel like a lot of things give you a lot of dopamine, and you could just say like, oh, I'm hey, I didn't lose all my money on the Super Bowl because of me and my bad decision making. I did it because of my dopamine increase, because of X y Z or whatever. It was like the song yeah do who paid out? A I guess the doctors had to pay out? Okay, So the doctor had to pay out, not candy Crush, because she was addicted to candy crush, and the doctor did not say, hey, this might make you more impulsive. Don't do that. It also led to her like spiraling down a slot machine game too, So the doctor.
Speaker 1: Has to pay out.
Speaker 2: Doctor has to pay it out two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. So if you're addicted to candy crush, maybe find a way to get some restics like syndrome drugs and then you'll be rich.
Speaker 1: Okay, how big is this story for you? This one? Oh well, this is uh, this is the next one. We got, we got all the way, John Stewart.
Speaker 2: First, I'm sorry, John Stewart, but comedian just Drewitt did cut his hand on The Daily Show last night when he smashed a mug on his desk during a rant about prescription drug prices.
Speaker 1: He did finish the show, though, and there's no word on whether or not.
Speaker 2: He required medical treatment, But after cutting his hand, he did say to the crowd, I'll be going to the hospital soon before continuing on with his rant. Whether or not that was sarcastic or not, it.
Speaker 1: Was a bad cut. It was to be seen. It was a bad cut Chile. He has a link up for that on Links and Guests, so you can go and check that out. Now. I was asking how big. Is this story for you? This one. I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Wu Tang Clan is releasing dates for their farewell tour. I like Wu Tang. I like which I've never seen him in concert. I was a big ODB guy.
Speaker 1: He's no longer with us, so, but there's liked or somebody that's gonna be a part of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it'll be Young Dirty Bastard who's touring with them. But it's the tour is called Wu Tang Forever, the Final Chapter, and it kicks off June sixth in Baltimore. All of the surviving members of the group are on board, so you're gonna get Rizza, Raykwan, Coast's Face Killer, method Man, Master Killa, Inspected Deck. They're gonna be joined by Run the Jewels, who will open for him in Baltimore, Cappa Donna, and then, like I said, Young Dirty Bastard, who's Odib's son. Tour is going to make a stop in Houston on June fourteenth, where they're going to play the Toyota Center. I mean, it's the day before my daughter's birthday, so I probably won't get to go to this, but I really.
Speaker 1: Like to okay, I would like to go see Woo Tang. You can all get Wu Tang. Yes for the children, So maybe I take her. I don't know if it's no.
Speaker 2: Maybe they take her not for the children. That's literally what they say, it's for the children. It's not all right, thank you. The dates and all that stuff is on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: What you got in sports well down at Spring Train and the Astros game against the Marlins was canceled yesterday because of rain. They're gonna be back at it this afternoon when they play the Mets down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch at twelve o five, and you can hear that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In college basketball, the fourth rank U of Ahe Cougar's beat number ten Texas Tech on the.
Speaker 1: Road last night. If I scored sixty nine to sixty one.
Speaker 2: The Koug's improved to twenty four and four on the season. And the NBA Rockets are back in action tonight. They're going to host the Bucks at the Toyota Center. That'll tip off at seven o'clock and you can listen to that game on our sister station Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on.
Speaker 6: In sports, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 4: Ray Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four to five, The Buzz Offspring, Self Esteem, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show tat Tuesday. Yeah, that's our Instagram feature. It's a good win today. It is a good one today. Actually I had check that out. Thank you to whoever sent that in. I appreciate that. Dense fog advisory. Today got a ten percent chance of rain, partly claudie' skuy's highs of around sixty four. You said we were very limited on what we had available to play for the Wu Tang Clan announcement today. Yeah, I don't know if you know this. The Wu Tang doesn't always have a ton of clean music.
Speaker 2: We were under the impression that all of the stuff in our system has been pre checked. Yeah, luckily I checked ahead of time. I love you for it, brother, I would have been in some trouble.
Speaker 1: I love you for it. You mean to tell me there was something that was available to play that we would have got in trouble for playing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was about like twenty in words in like the first oh thirty seconds of that one. So I just thank you for my own due diligence and found a clean track online.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Look at chili? Can I can I get some uh? Can I get some perspective on what? How big is this Wu Tang clan announcement that they're going out on tour? It's pretty big? Okay, but like how big I looked at I had to look it up.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I know a little bit about Wu Tang very limited. I know that a lot of stars came out of that band, so it was it.
Speaker 8: Would be like rage, where is getting back together.
Speaker 1: That big? Yeah? Yeah, I mean I saw that the pop industry, Yes, I saw they sold forty million albums. Yeah, and and I feel like their merchandise is huge. There's a bunch of kids, they're like Nirvana. I feel like there's a bunch of white kids running around in Wu Tang t shirts that maybe really don't know who they.
Speaker 10: Are, well maybe on the younger generation, but I know, like uh gen X and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: They they if they're wearing a Wu Tang clan is because they listen to the music.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, who's the biggest out of Wu Tang is it is it method man man?
Speaker 1: You know Rizza Odb.
Speaker 10: Rizza is the guy that put the producer and put everything together. So he's the one that bought the rights to uh the Asian movies, the Wu Tang, so he's the one.
Speaker 8: That owns a lot of that stuff. So business wise, he's the biggest one.
Speaker 1: He's the richest.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they're method.
Speaker 10: Man and then you got ghost Face Killer yeah, and you got the Rizza.
Speaker 11: I mean youb is the coolest out of all of them, though, Hey, odb was the one that was like the roundchiest one and he passed away and then that's you know he I.
Speaker 1: Heard him on Stern back in the day a bunch of times, and he was interesting. He was always an interesting guest on Stern. They're coming to Houston, and it's on the music blog page, and I do want to see him. I don't think, you know, that was big enough that we would definitely make sure that we mentioned it in Houston's headlines. It needs to be on the music blog page. The fact that they are coming to Houston. We probably would have mentioned it that they didn't include Houston, but the fact that they're coming, I feel like we owe that to our audience. I think we have a lot of gen xers probably that did grow up listening to that.
Speaker 8: I mean you have like a lot of Utan clan influences. I mean you have method Man who's just big.
Speaker 10: But then you gotta think the movies that the risk has been part of, like Kill Bill, the risk has been like part of the soundtrack like that.
Speaker 8: So I mean it's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's big. Chilly says it's big, So that means it's big. So it's justified why we're talking about it. I'm all good with that. Hey, well, I got you. Do you have a sign up for Thursdays? Read my lips? Are you offering up the opportunity for another listener to come down and play?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, so if any of the wonderful Rot Ryan Show listeners want to take on myself.
Speaker 1: Actually it's me is we uh huh?
Speaker 10: And read my lips if you think you got what it takes to come and beat this channel right here, sign on on links and guests, you know, just click on the link and then follow the steps and you know what, hopefully I'll be the one selecting you.
Speaker 1: Chef Hannah Hannah was the one that was in last week. She did a great job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so luckily, you.
Speaker 10: Know, hopefully we could get a lot of you in before before Wizardor says, hey, I think he likes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't like anything on this show. I think he kind of likes the listeners coming in and playing the game. I kind of liked it too, just because the numbers. Well, I had to call I had to call him yesterday and I said, hey, you know, do you have the eight o'clock music in? He's like, well, what are you doing? And I said, well, just you know, I'm just wondering about the music. What are you doing?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was gonna play the I was going to play the Deep Throat game. And he's like great, Like I can almost hear his disgust. I can almost hear him just like geez dumb, like, all right, here's your songs. Try not to ruin him. Please ruin the music on the show. How one thing? Like, just don't ruin the music. Okay, that's what I'm in charge of him. You're in charge of ruining all the other stime. Just don't ruin my music.
Speaker 10: How many times do you think he says after he hangs up talking to you. He's like, oh my ulcer PILs, yeah, over pills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're gonna play the deep throat game in the eight o'clock hour. We are gonna have a listener come down on Thursday and play Read my Lips. But you have to sign up on links and guests. Okay, that's a lot. Let me take a short break. When we come back in a direct check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get you some shine down tickets, rock and alternative where he is to the rod.
Speaker 4: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The buzz. All right, here we go, Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this tattooesday. Let me tell you it's good. It's good.
Speaker 12: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good. Den's Fog advisory today ten percent chance of rain partly Claudi's guys high up around sixty four. Just got an email. Hey, I heard you're looking for somebody to play Read my Lips on Thursday. Well, as a matter of fact, we are all looking to have one of you come down and play Read my Lips. You have to sign up online on the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at The buzz dot Com Chile has a link up boom simple instructions. If you can follow those simple instructions, we kind of trust you that you'll come down. Uh you gotta be great though, I'm not saying you have to win. But every single person that has come down has been absolutely great. Yeah, they've been great cool too, They've been engaging. They if they were scared, they faked it. They were all really really good on the air. So think about that when you're signing up. But make sure you sign up properly and then we'll pull a winner. I guess on tomorrow's show. What's trending over there? Pope Francis is trending. How's he doing? Uh? It looks like his health is slightly improving.
Speaker 2: They saying he did lead a worship from his hospital, So I mean, I feel like if he's not up to doing that, then okay, then it's not getting better.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the Pope all right? Uh? Tat Tuesday is also trending.
Speaker 2: Raven Grimm was submitted to us by an anonymous I'm assuming goth listener because she is very goth. Yeah, if you're into that, you're gonna love today. It's tattouesday future. That's good. And then John Stewart is also trending. We talked about this in Houston's headlines. He cut his hand on a coffee mug while he was ranting about the price of prescription drugs.
Speaker 1: He joked about it like I'll have to go to the hospital later. I got the clip. Okay, yeah, you got it. I didn't see it was Jon Stewart.
Speaker 2: I know that he went away for a while. He does have the best job ever he has. He works Mondays, okay, and then he's done for the week. But has he always been this hyper? I don't really watch the Daily Show. It's on later then, you know, I go to bed. I feel like he's gotten more so. But I mean, you work one day a week, you're gonna have a little bit more energy like that. Every day is his Friday that he worked.
Speaker 1: He's incredibly animated. And I don't know if he's always been this way. But like you said, he bloodied his hand during this rant. You'll hear the breaking of the coffee mug. No you won't, Yeah you will. I thought I did, But I try the studio in here just not working. Yeah it worked. Brands.
Speaker 2: It's like, help us, help ourselves. We show up to work every day. I'd like our equipment to show up to work as well.
Speaker 1: I'm fixing the radio station. All right, let's try this again. The Peep Show yesterday.
Speaker 12: We've already paid for without something. I keep going to the hospital.
Speaker 1: It's fine. That's when he shows the audience the blood on his hand. It wasn't staged at all. No, no, no, no no, that's a real reaction from his live audience, like, whoa, there's a lot of blood after he broke that coffee mug. So sorry, it took me so long to get the clip up, but we have a link up. You can watch that video and he's just I mean, he is amped up on that show. Holy cow. I didn't know. I don't remember old clips of him being that jacked, meeting his attitude like he's just screaming in the microphone. I mean, i've seen him. I've seen him with stuff, maybe not.
Speaker 2: On the Daily Show, but about other things with the nine to eleven responders when he was in court with that.
Speaker 1: He was very very animated in that incredibly well spoken to Yeah, yeah, but I don't know. John chanstut Rocks. He's one of one. Go check out that video. Now you can call me Shine down on their Dance Kid Dance Tour. They're gonna be here August twenty seventh. Toyota Center tickets are on sale now Toyota Center dot com. Would you like a pair of tickets? I'll take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show on n I have the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, brod Ryan's Show, Thank you, miss and drive. Everyone's backing it up that the fog is still thick out there, Dense fog Advisory it's on. Be careful nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today. Part of the cloudey Hive sixty four. This is from Cam Moore, Oh talking about Wu Tang Clan. Wood Tang Clan is getting back together, the going back out on like one sort of a farewell tour all the remaining members that are still alive. It looks like everybody's agreed to go out on tour. There is a Houston date. I was kind of asking Alex and Chiley. I said, listen, I know Wo Tank Clan. I don't know much about them, but I know them to be like marketing geniuses. There's a lot of T shirts out there. There's a lot of T shirts out there for the children. Are for the I question, it's like Misfits T shirts. Yeah, nobody knows what the miss who the Misfits are, but they want to wear that skull T shirt. A bunch of little kids wearing Ramon's T shirts that I think there's a Wu Tang thing with that, brother Rod. Remember when the original band members of Kiss got back together in paint after all the bs. That's what this is like, the equivalent of when Kiss toured after their No No Kiss sold one hundred million albums. Dude, forty million, not even half. So it's not like when Kiss put the makeup back on.
Speaker 2: That was bigger.
Speaker 1: Sorry, not just bab and you have incular I'm not only using the metric of album sales here, but you have to look at something to put it in perspective. Okay, you can tell me Wu Tang is bigger than their forty million albums sold. I'll believe you. I'm okay with that, But you can't compare Kiss getting the putting the makeup back on. You can laugh while you want to Kiss. They sold one hundred million albums. Fight w T I thank somebody w TE. I mean Jean would take out a couple of people in those demon boots. But other than that, yeah, they would go down quick. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Who's on the phone, Ben, I'm sorry. What's your name?
Speaker 2: Sami? Hi?
Speaker 1: Samantha? Oh man phone?
Speaker 3: I hear you.
Speaker 1: Would you like these Shine Down tickets? Yes? Yes, yes, yes, okay, yeah, I don't know what's going on with your phone. Samantha. Where are you from, Galveston? Okay, I hear you, Galveston, Samantha, Shine Down. I'm gonna give you these tickets August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. Okay, awesome, thank you. Are you excited about the Wu Tang Clan?
Speaker 9: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Are you excited about the Wu Tang Clan coming going out on one final tour? Any interest?
Speaker 8: I'm more excited about Shining Down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's a no. One really not really Okay, Yeah, it's okay. I'm not offering up tickets to the show, but you did get the shine Down tickets, so congratulations. Okay, thank you, thank you, thank you so much. All right, hang Samantha Donny Galveston. It's a beautiful island to have there. I was just there on Saturday, spent the night wonderful, had a wonderful time out there at Marty Guard Galveston. They got one more big weekend of it, and looks like the weekend that I don't go is going to beautiful.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought i'd give you a heads up on this because I'm sure there's a bunch of our audience that is interested in this. There today is the premiere of the Matthew Perry, a Hollywood Tragedy on Peacock. The trailer is out there and it starts, I guess streaming today. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm just going to share with you my feelings. There are no other friends in this documentary.
Speaker 2: Do you need that?
Speaker 1: None of the main cast hear me out, the director says, Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudro, Matt LeBlanc, David Shwimmer. He says, understandably chose not to appear in the documentary. They were very reluctant to go on a documentary documentary about Matthew at this point, maybe years down the line end quote. That's from the director, so he's kind of getting ahead of it as well. Hey, this is my documentary. I put this thing together. But I'm telling you right now, Ross is not going to make comments. Okay, you're not going to get any of the friends. One person that did participate, and if you know the show, you know who this person is. Or the actress's name is Morgan Fairchild. She played Chandler's mom. She was like super hot, blonde, like back in the day.
Speaker 11: She was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she wanted to make sure that he's remembered for helping others with addiction issues and not just for being on Friends. Now there is a joint trial next week. There's the doctor and then there's that woman known as the Ketamine Queen. They both pleaded not guilty to contributing to Matthew's death. So there's an ongoing trial on this right now. Do you need There's two ways to look at it, but I'm asking you, do you need the other friends for you to be interested in a documentary? Do you need the cast to talk about him? I think so if the cast is involved, they're gonna want a little bit of control over what the messaging is and they're not gonna want to make their friend look bad. Do we get a more honest look maybe this way, That's what I was thinking. Do we get a little bit more honest, gritty look this way at what was really going on? And you don't need the coworkers there. I don't know. I don't know, because I think if they're involved, they're gonna want that thing glazed over to make him look awesome. If they're gonna be involved. Yeah, with them not involved, maybe this guy can dig a little deeper and go a couple more levels deep. And what was going on with him? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not on my hit list to watch. I liked Friends like everybody else, and I thought Chandler was great and that character was great. It's really sad what happened to Matthew Perry. I don't know. If I sit down and watch.
Speaker 2: This, what's said to me is that they're going after the people that sold him all this stuff. And I'm not saying you shouldn't, but it's like there's so many other people that are not famous that like they're just they're just a statistic at this point. But Matthew Perry point zeroing in on like, well, how who are we going to find the person that did this? No, let's find the mother of two that that had the same thing happened to her that we don't care about right now.
Speaker 1: That's a really good point. That's a really good point. So I'm just kind of turned off by all of it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what happened to him wasn't tragic, It's just like it makes me think of all the other people that have suffered from that stuff that haven't had the notoriety, that haven't had the support, that haven't had all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Ketamine queen, I've seen a couple of stories on her and the amount of just drugs that she was pumping into that she was responsible for hooking clients up with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which doesn't make it she's a terrible person, but it was a massive justice.
Speaker 1: But because she was, because she was the dealer, Like say, she was one of the dealers from Matthew Perry, she had an empire. So Matthew Perry's fame brought the attention onto his dealer, and that wipes out her dealing to hundreds of other people. That's true, so there's that aspect of it too. I don't know. I might be talking myself into watching this thing now, Matthew way for somebody to review it, then maybe Matthew Perry. A Hollywood tragedy. Peacock starts streaming today.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety four five The Buzz. Rod Ryan's Show. This tat Tuesday feature is good. I'm not like the I'm not the number one goth guy, but you know, I like to like to mix it up, maybe come home to some gofiness once in a while. The fangs kind of freak me out, not as much. I don't mind the fangs. Okay, with that, I might actually be into it. I draw the line at the elfears. I can't do el fears. I absolutely that's just be you and just can't do you. Don't like any of the dressing up in all of that stuff. I want you to chick me is off the hook. I'd like to come home to a different I don't know. I don't want to. I don't want to guess what. I'd like to come home with one of those Scooby dude chicks. One day and then this will girl that actually I mean the same girl, but I'm saying, like, you know, different different outfits. I think it'd be cool, like oh, like, all right, let's take those fangs for a ride. Let's see what's going on. It's fangs scam me el fears. Uh, I can't do that. But this is the great one. It's from an anonymous listener and says, here is the pinnacle of golf girls tattooed all over, juicy with some fangs to go along with it. Raven is sacrifice, Raven grim. Okay, I'm here for this. I'm here for this. Did you watch Boy Meets World? I did.
Speaker 2: I was not like a religious Boy Meets World viewer. My wife like can quote a bunch of Boy Means World. But I did see what happened.
Speaker 1: Really, two sports guys back Mark Wiggins his number one all time was that Danielle Fischal Topanga. Yeah, that was his number one. We got a chance. I got a chance to meet her, and he was bored opping and I can just hear him like making a fool of himself. He was like moaning and groaning in the backround, like the whole time he was freaking out that I was talking to Topanga. Topanga. Danielle Fischer and maitland Ward got into some sort of an argument on a Boy Meets World podcast. I have not watched this. I did not watch the show.
Speaker 2: They do like a recap pot I think, where they watch back old episodes and then they talk about him.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting that they invited maitland Ward. Not that she needs to be ostracized, but she's full on pornstar. Now she's an adult, she's a full thing. So somehow Danielle Fisher and maitland Ward got into a heated argument on the boy Meets World podcast. I have a link for that. I'm a huge maitland Ward fan. By the way. Yeah, she's done. She's done wonderful things. That's an actress. That's on the Looking at Girl's blog page today. You might want to go look at that.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz three days Grace so called Life, rod Ryan Shump on this Tat Tuesday, we're gonna play the deep throat game, Alex. How are we looking for that game? Looking good? Yeah, we're gonna be able to play. Yeah, Okay, the deep throat game haven't played yet this year. It's a it's a I guess. I mean, if you look at the history of the show, it's a newer game. But that's going to be to win. We're going to play that for you to get into the Rodeo Houston on March sixth to go see AJR. So we'll get into that closer to around eight twenty. I got seven fifty four right now. Dense fog advisory is still happening. Low chances of ring, partly cloudy, high of around sixty four. Alex has Houston's Headlines Well.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration clarified yesterday that Elon Musk's email order is voluntary, meaning that it is not required that federal employees, said Musk's Department of Government Efficiency a list of things that they accomplished in the last week. Before the Trump administration's clarification, it was said that DOGE would accept there would take anyone's decision not to respond to the email as their resignation. When asked about the change in policy, one official reportedly told ABC News that DOGE is moving fast at the direction of the President and that that is exactly the point. Joanne Fabrics and prominent fabric and craft retailer for over eighty years, has announced in diclosure of eighty of all of its eight hundred plus stores in the United States the day hundred more than eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The decision follows the company's second Chapter eleven bankruptcy filing within a year. It's been attributed to declining consumer demand and inventory challenges. The company had initially planned to close just five hundred locations, which is still a lot, but after an asset auction, the new ownership group.
Speaker 1: Decided to go with a complete liquidation.
Speaker 2: Going out of business sales are set to begin immediately at all stores with gift cards excepted until Friday. The company's website and mobile Apple will remain operational during this period.
Speaker 1: You know what I read on the Looking at Girl's Blood page yesterday? Would you read Hooters might be in trouble? Yeah, hooty hoots. I saw that I worked there when I was in college. Would you do shut up? You know I cooked and I washed dishes. I can think of two Hooters that I know that are still open. Yeah, out and Katie is still going Haiti Freeway and then by Nrgy Stadium. I think so if that even is still I do not I heard that they're in trouble. There was an article yesterday on the on the Looking at Girls blog page. Maybe go check that out. Fellas or boobs on their way out? Well? Have they been replaced by the Twin Peaks of the world and the what's that other place we used to work at?
Speaker 2: Tilted Killed, Tilted Jose, Ojoslocos, Yeah, probably, I mean Chili knows all these places. Denny's has joined waffle House and added an egg surcharge to its men you due to the ongoing nationwide egg shortage and rising costs. Popular diner chain says the price increase is necessary to keep up with their highest supply costs. Waffle House has already adjusted its price is to deal with the bird flu shortage and eggs. Then, he says not said how long the new searg charge is going to last, but did a sure customers that they're working to keep prices as low as possible while still serving fresh eggs in their meals. Actor Alec Baldwin almost lost it on a guy outside of his New York City home. The man was a Ronald Trump impersonator and offered Baldwin a pardon for a quote murdering that woman. He actually called him a murderer twice during the interaction, referring to the accidental death of a cinematographer on the set of Baldwin's movie rust Alec Let the man go on for a bit. The name got in his face and said, quote, if this camera wasn't here, I'd snap your fing neck in half and break your effing neck right here. Baldwin also threatened to quote, shove that camera up your ass. Despite everything that was said, Baldwin did not get physical with the mat So a couple.
Speaker 1: Of people emailed me and I'll agree with you. While this guy does apparently have what you guys tell me balls to do what he's doing, he also has the strength of a camera on him the whole time. And he's he's in front of a camera. He's wanting someone to take a swing at him, and you'd sue Baldwin. He's protected by that that camera, So I do you know. Yeah, he goes into anti Trump rallies dressed as Trump with a megaphone and gets right in the middle of them like he's that gonzo. Yeah, yeah, guy, guy. Yeah, he's trying to get that, and he really got uh. He was yelling at at Robert de Niro from a distance. He didn't really get close. But you don't really have to say my sure, Robert Denier these days he'll go off, yeah, but he didn't get it. He didn't get close, not like this close. He was right. He was closer that I am to you right now to Alec Baldwin calling him a murderer as Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And keeping with the bit, I do feel like I've always thought that, like every like celebrity and every athlete should get one fight a year when a fan gets in your face, you can like mutual combat.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go drop the gloves right now, let's go and then like, okay, you've used that for the year.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad idea, but you should get one opportunity and it say, oh no, now he chose me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But Baldwin is just one of those guys when you look at his eyes, someone else's someone else's driving the bus. He gets to that place, he gets to taste of blood. He couldn't just help himself by doing it once a year, That's true.
Speaker 2: Disturbed front man David Draymond says that the band plans to at least a bunch of new music over the next year, so the singer says that the new music is made of some stuff that they have in the vault, and that they will be releasing new music as a build up to a new full album release. Draymond also went on to say that the band is quote incredibly proud of this body of work and that it's definitely got that old school to just disturbed feeling to it. But some surprises are still to come down the line later on, so maybe we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: A new sound, understand, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We did play their new single I Will Not Break that you're listening to right now behind me on the show last week, and we got almost all positive views, maybe the best review of the year.
Speaker 1: Ever, easily from the year. It was the best reviewed song, and maybe I don't remember something being this positive from last year. I didn't see one negative one.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying there wasn't a negative review of it, but I would imagine it was ninety nine percent positive on everything we got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one for sure. All right, now we'll switch gears. What's going on in Sports.
Speaker 2: Down at Spring Train and the Astros game against the Marlins was canceled yesterday because of rain. They're gonna be back at it this afternoon when they played the Mets down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitches two, L five and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In College Basketball Fours Rank, you of Age beat number ten Texas Tech on the road last night, sixty nine to sixty one. Noisee job, Cougars. They improved at twenty four and four on the season.
Speaker 1: I believe we have a uh a cougar's for him? Oh do we have a good Yeah? Yeah, where is that guy?
Speaker 5: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: And the NBA Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Milwaukee Bucks at the Toyota Center. That'll tip off at seven, and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. All right, we're coming up on just a halfway point. We got the deep throat game coming up to get you into the rodeo. I got all kind of stuff. I got a great I don't know when I'm gonna have time to tell this story. But Tony Hawk puts something on his Instagram story yesterday and I can tie it in beautifully to Houston and everything. It's so great. Once I started getting in this wormhole, I want to share it with all of you because he's a grandpa. Now I'll give that's the but sit tight because I do want to talk about that at some point this morning the Rod Ryan Morning Show six bus ninety four or five bus Lincoln Park and faints halfway part of the show. Pip Hop, you got time for a quick story?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting on this thing and I want to tell it and I want to share with everybody what I have uncovered. And it's just I started going down and I don't like doing this while I'm on the air. I don't like going down wormholes. But if it's for the show, I'll allow it. Which I'm allowing it. Okay, this is what happened recently, and I just kind of came across this this morning. Recently, Tony Hawk posted on his Instagram story recalling when he saw Nirvana live. Okay, so there's Tony Hawk Sawndirvan alive. Cool story, Rod, Hang on a second, just stay with me on this journey, please. He saw Nirvan alive, and then he proceeded to talk about how proud frontman Kurt Cobain would be of his daughter, Francis. Does everyone on this planet know that Tony Hawk and Kurt Cobain are the grandfathers of this new baby that is on this planet. Tony Hawk's son married Francis Bean Cobain. The grandfathers are Kurt and Tony Hawk. Perfect nineties, what perfect melding of nineties. So that already kind of blew my mind. So you got Tony Hawk saying, man, Kurt would be so proud at like whatever. Let me just read you what he wrote, okay, because and I told you I was gonna bring this around where it's gonna make a little sense to us.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 1: This is Tony Hawk on his story went straight from Susas event at Houston Skatepark to this concert in nineteen ninety one. It was a transformative. It was as transformative as live music can possible be. We all experienced something rare and powerful that night. The world would never be the same. I wish Kurt were here so he could see the incredible woman his daughter has become. Meet her devoted, caring husband, his son, and hold our wondrous grandchild. Tony Hawk was at a skateboarding event here in Houston and on Sunday night, October twentieth, nineteen ninety one. He's got the ticket, or somebody's got the ticket, general admission. He saw Nirvana play. Where was this show at? We've talked about this venue before, because I was in it long after it was what it was called. It was called the Vatican. It's on Washington. Okay. It was turned into like a high end audio visual if you want, like fancy remote controls and your teeth, big screen TVs and all that. The guys that bought it, and there's still some old posters in there. Apparently his place on Washington, the Vatican was around from nineteen ninety one to nineteen ninety three. I looked at it, so here's here's everything. This is when I said I went down to a wormhole. Let's talk about that concert. Let's talk about that concert that Tony Hawk is in the audience. Okay, the Vatican is tiny. I'm gonna guess probably not. I would like to think he did I'm going to guess three hundred people. Okay, fitness place. You want the set list, Yeah, I'll tear it. Kurt Cobain, Chris Nova, Selic and Dave Grohl. They opened with Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, Don't Know It, Aneurysm, Drain You School, Floyd the Barber Smells like teen Spirit, Polly Breed, Lithium on a Plane, Negative Creep Blue, and Territorial Pissings. What an unbelievable set list. Yeah, so I went to go look up what's going on with this Vatican. That was only the fourth show ever at the Vatican nineteen ninety one. The first show there was a Lollapaloos, a warm up show with body Count. Oh wow, first show ever at the Vatican from what I can see. Then they didn't get their act together until September, because that was in July thirteenth. That was July thirteenth, September. Dread Zeppelin plays there. That was I forgot about that band. Pearl Jam was the third band ever to play the Vatican. They played October eleventh, just nine days later. It was just like all the grunge legends just hitting that up. Nine days later, Nirvana plays the Vatican. That's pretty violent. Femmes Pantera November twenty ninth, nineteen ninety one. Oh, Pearl Jam comes back in December. Pearl Jam played October eleventh. They played again on December tenth. I'm not going to go through every single band that played this place, but l seven, Iced Tea and body Count come back. Flaming Lips, Mister Bungle, White Zombie Blur, Social Distortion, Tool, Helmet, Gore, The Breeders, Stone Temple Pilots, my favorite band ever, The Tragically hit play there, and it looks like the final show was Helmet in nineteen ninety closed it after just having like and after band like that. You know what we said? What are you making money? What did we say yesterday? When you're in the good old days? You don't know it. You don't know it. So I don't think they knew what they had, could they? I don't think they knew what they had. So again, wrap your head around all of this. Number one. Number one, there's a grand kid out there whose granddads are the lead singer of this band and arguably the greatest skateboarder of all time, definitely be the greatest skateboarder of all time. The only time that I can see here that he saw Nirvana was here in Houston. It was after a skateboarding event and he went over there and he just said, it blew his mind? How could it not? And then full circle his son marries the daughter and then crazy, right, that is pretty wild. I mean the set list, the stuff that you can find online, This is what the Internet is great at. I know you love getting in these crazy things on X and everything else. The fact that I can go look up the Vatican and see what bands were there. I can go look up the set list that Nirvana played in nineteen ninety one. Yeah, that that still blows my mind. All this stuff can just be it's a simple Google search. There are apparently there's a rumor that the show was recorded that night, but there are no known recordings of it. Chris Novaselik told a story about a cherry Danish and at some point Kirk got pissed with the crowd and said, if you don't know the lyrics, don't sing the songs. He was a concert. I see the concert poster online too. So that was just something that Tony Hawk had posted and he's just like this grandfather that's just gushing right now, you know, because he's so proud of his son and he apparently he must get along with Francis Bean it seems like it, and loves this grand baby. And which is Kurt was around for it?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: How cool is that? Who's this? That's awesome? I would love he had skateboard there and make it even cooler. Here comes the people. This is like the old number stories, you know, like oh I saw nine age nails at numbers. The Vatican is even deeper. It's like deep state. It's even deeper. If you if you went to go see something at the Vatican, like you really, I'm like, oh my god, it's like meeting somebody that went to Woodstock or something like you went to the Vatican, but how did you know? All right, hey, are we using this for the deep throat game?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I hope I don't go too deep on you, but I might. This is the game where I pitched the music way way down and the song is and if it's too deep, you have to tell me so. But you're gonna try to guess the piece of music that I have pitched down. Let me explain. I just told you a long story. Let me explain the game after the break. But we are going to give you a chance at some Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety four or five of the bus, just like that guy said, one person email me. Mind blown did not know that Tony Hawk and Kurt Cobain shared a grandchild. I imagine there's a bunch of people that didn't know that. I did get a couple of Vatican stories too. If people told me that they went to the Vatican or did not go to the Vatican and are still kicking themselves for missing that show. Yeah, yeah, all right, well, thank you. I appreciate you guys sitting around.
Speaker 2: Looked at some pictures that I kind of went down in the wormhole like you were talking about, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It looked cool.
Speaker 2: What was the other venue you talked about, Axiom that that was another one, maybe music venue that a lot of bands came through.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was here. Okay, look like it was here. We got a dense fog advisory. I'm getting set up for a little game here. It's called the deep throat game. I will fully explain how to play the game. Because you're gonna want these Rodeo Houston tickets. What do you got?
Speaker 2: This trending tattooesday continues to trend Raven Grim You're into goth girls, You're gonna love. Today's submission by an anonymous listener. Also trending right now is maitland Ward. Boy Meets World is what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying right now. We've just talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, G and Danielle Offishal got into an argument on a Boy Meets World recamp podcast.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch talking about it. I know the show, you know, I know who Topanga is. Maitland Ward was more of a fringe killing her main character. Okay, but she's super like she's a full on porn star. Now, I'm not not in a derogatory term. She's a full on porn star. That's what she does. Artist. She got into it with Topanga. I don't know what they got into it about, but I thought it was moving enough to make sure that we put that on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 2: So that's getting a few looks, yeah, yeah, and that podcast is probably getting clicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think they didn't like physically fight. I don't don't you know, I don't know what they're arguing about.
Speaker 2: Also trending, continuing to trend his Lester Halt. He is stepping down from his role on NBC.
Speaker 1: Nightly News and he's been there for a very long time. But that is what's going on. That's what's training, and I provide the buzz. Okay, So the deep throat game is I did some trickery in the studio magic and I took a song, a very popular song that the radio station plays, and and I pitched it down and it's going to sound like this, and you're going to have to figure out what the song is. Talk like that the entire time. Nah nah, I think it adds. We need to keep the ten people we have listening to us. So if it's too deep, you have to let me know that. I want that I went a little too deep. Rules you couldn't figure that out, it ron, I went too deep, you went, I went You know, I don't mean to go deep. I don't mean to go too deep sometimes, so sometimes I can't help myself. So it's going to get easier. It's going to get less deep as we progress during the game. But basically, you're hearing a song clip and you're going to have to tell me what the name of the band is and what the name of the song is. Get it correct and I will get you Rodeo Houston tickets. It's the night A j R. Are Performing. That's March sixth, Deep Throat seven one three two one two, five, nine four five, and I'll try not to go too deep on you. The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show on this tat Tuesday. I have no reason to believe that Angela would take the time out of her day. Okay, send me an email and just slat out lie to me. I have no reason to believe that at all. Why would somebody do that? This is why, this is why I believe her, Rod. This is from Angela McClendon. Rod. I was at that Nirvana show. I met Tony Hawk in the crowd. I saw lots of really good bands at the Vatican, including Pearl Jam. There was maybe one hundred people at that Nirvana show. Ah, the good old days. Angela McLendon, we were talking about Tony Hawk's post recently where he talked about going to see Nirvana in Houston, and it was at this place called the Vatican. She said she was there one hundred people. You're gonna recognize Tony Hawk with one hundred people. It's a small room. I'm thinking maybe three hundred people maximum in the building that the version that I saw where it still had a ramped, sloped floor and everything, maybe three hundred people in that bar. She was there. She was there. Damn, that's awesome. And you know what, nobody's got a cell phone, nobody's got nothing, nobody's got any documentation. You just got to take somebody's word that they were there.
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. I told Alex it's like meeting a unicorn. It's it's almost unicorn like when you meet somebody that saw Nirvana. They just they just didn't play that much. Yeah, they they just didn't play a whole lot. All right, here we go, guys. The name of the game it's the deep throat game. And I'm hoping to not go too deep on you. I got a song clip here that's been pitched way good, way do we girl? What happened to that guy Kale worn We're Girl. He went wait, he went too down, he went too deep the Deep Throat Game. I'm gonna pay you a clip. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. If not, you know what to say, Andrea, good morning. Okay, listen, I'm hoping not to go too deep on you. Okay, okay, I'm gonna play you a song clip. I don't know that anybody's ever gotten this in this We haven't been playing this game for very long, but I don't know anybody's ever gotten it on the first clip, so that means someone's due. Andrea, take a listen, Welcome to the Deep Throat Game. Tell me this band and song. Sorry, Oh, I went too deep. I'm sorry. Yeah, no, play on just a little less. I went too deep. I don't know. I okay, Justin, good morning, good morning, good morning, Justin. Listen. I think somebody could get this. Justin, take a listen to this clip. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, I understood, Okay, here we go. What do you think Justin? Oh, I went too deep. I'm sorry. Sometimes I just don't know. Yeah, okay, okay, I gotta go less. I can't go as deep. I can't I cannot go as deep. Hey, Chris, good morning, good morning, Welcome to the deep throat game. How are you today?
Speaker 8: Doing good?
Speaker 1: Okay, you need to listen to this clip. You need you need to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, got you, bro. I try not to go so deep, suf. It's really hard. You know, it's not easy. All right, here we go. I think you're gonna get this, Chris, that's deep broad damn wait wait wait sup Jeff, good morning, Good morning, Sir Alex. I'm not gonna go I can't go even less deep. I can't go that day I went. I went two days is about as less deep as we can go. Ride Jeff. I'm gonna play you a clip. This is I'm barely going in there at all. Okay, uh take take a listen to this clip. I need the name of the band and the name of the song. People know it. They're emailing water.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 1: I need the name of that band that's Red Hot Chili Peppers. Get the song title, right, dude, you go away.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Apparently it wasn't too deep for Jack, but the regular version until it was. Let's say, listen here, this is come on now you know would you do me in favor though? Would you just bring up the deepest one? Now another? Now that you know what it is, I thought that maybe maybe someone was gonna get it on this depth. Now you can hear it. Jeff, you're the winner of the Deep Throat Game today. Congratulations. Oh you got the Rodeo Houston tickets due congratulations. A j R. Is Playing on March sixth. You're in dude, perfect perfect, all right, it wasn't too deep for Jeff. D Ryan show effects include mood swings, swings, there we go, ninety four five, the buzz that's the red hot chili peppers, and give it away. Uh. The email was signed Team Adam. I don't know what that's all about. Uh, he says, brother Rod, I gotta give it to you. The Deep Throat game is so stupid. It's funny. I don't know why I'm laughing, Probably because people are telling you that you went too deep. It needs to be played more.
Speaker 8: Is that a compliment?
Speaker 1: It's so stupid, it's funny. Yeah, I'll take it. I'll take it. I'll take it. If that's the kind of compliment I'm gonna get, then I'm gonna take that one. All right. It's so stupid Rogers show. It's so stupid, it's funny. Okay, thank you, Team Adam. I resemble that comment. I still have some stuff to give away. Oh, we have a concert announcement today, guys, we have a concert announcement. I'll do it shortly after nine o'clock. We'll talk about the bands, we'll do the whole thing. We'll give away the first pair of tickets before they go on sale, all of that stuff, and then I've got pierced the veil tickets for you on to know the show. So we have. We still got big things to do here today. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's al Serenative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz. I mean, this station is rocking hard right now. I don't know what you're doing. We're rocking. You must be the other guy. Yeah, because we're rocking over here. Just listen to that breaking Benjamins that New Disturbed and I got mentioned because I still love it so much. That new three days grace with both thingers. We are rocking right now. I mean the stuff that's coming out right now is just boom. Every one of them is a face melter right now. Man, these I appreciate the good old days when you're doing them, like the are the day, these are the days, These are the salad days. I don't know what that means. I don't know what salad days mean.
Speaker 8: These are the salid day.
Speaker 1: I feel like salad days are like when it's not my friends, you have to eat salad. My friend in he was in radio rip Jerry the Price Fairy like long hair he was talking about. He was a long haired Jerry the Price Fairy is a long hair guy, and he just said, these are the salad days. He would always tell me.
Speaker 2: That does that mean that you have long hair at that point, because I can understand that, but you're eating salad, those aren't the good days because you wouldn't be eating salad, you'd be in need a burger.
Speaker 1: I always I never looked into it. I just wanted him. I wanted to give him the credit for realizing that these were the great days. While they were happening. He would acknowledge it as saying these are the salad days, and never questioned it. I'm just like, Okay, that's a guy that knows, because we're always looking back on these things, and we didn't know how good we had it. He said, no, no, no, these are the days.
Speaker 2: The phrase salad days comes from William Shakespeare's Night sixteen oh six play Anthony and Cleopatra, and the play Cleopatra uses the phrase to describe her youthful infatuation with Julius Caesar. Means when I was green in judgment, cold and blood, she said, the green and judge.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That made me more confused. Okay, these are great days, my friends, these are great days that we're having right now. We have a dense fog advisory. I think that's still happening. You gotta let me know. I I got an inside cabin here. I can't see outside. Not foggy in this room. Ten percent chance rain. Nothing over that today. Party Cloudy Hive around sixty four. Got a concert announcement coming on. We'll give away the very first pair of tickets to that show too. I think you'd be happy. But right now, this is Alex Swith Houston's headlines well.
Speaker 2: The Trump administration clarified yesterday that Elon Musk's email order is voluntary, meaning that it is not required that federal employees send Musk's Department of Government Efficiency a list of things that they accomplished in the last week. Before the Trump administration's clarification was said that DOGE would take anyone's decision not to respond to the email as their resignation. When asked about the change in policy, one official re quorterly told ABC News that DOGE is moving fast at the direction of the President and that is quote exactly the point. The Texas Lottery Commissions executive director said Monday that he does not believe that third party lottery game services known as couriers, are legal under state law. He switched from the commission's years long claim that it had no control over the practice. Since twenty sixteen, the Commission has maintained that retailers and lawmakers did not have the authority to regulate third party services allowing customers to buy lottery tickets remotely, But in a policy statement on Monday, the Commission says it now views the practice as illegal and that it will revoke the lottery license of any storage that cell tickets to a courier. The shift comes just days after one of the commissioners resigned, and as legislators are publicly expressing their own interest in banning the practice.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's happening more and more of my life. We're talking about things that I have no idea about. So, yeah, I don't know. Can you not buy on an app?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what the career thing is.
Speaker 2: I just reported that story. I could not go any further into that if you ask me more questions.
Speaker 1: At least we're honest. We don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not an expert. How many hours have you spent playing games on your phone? I don't, Rod doesn't.
Speaker 1: I don't really either. I look, I scroll, I scroll on my phone.
Speaker 2: But a British woman's Candy Crush addiction just earned her two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars as a payout in court. She got hooked on the game after her doctor put her on a high dose of meds that she claimed messed with her impulse control. The court ruled that they should have warned her about these side effects, so the woman claimed that the game was like get a gateway drug to her and claim that it led to her also playing virtual slot machines to the woman had been prescribed the drug rope pin or Roll to help with restless leg syndrome, but the court found that the drug also mixed the effects of feel good hormones like dopamine and can make use who's more impulsive.
Speaker 1: In some cases, she.
Speaker 2: Couldn't control herself because of a drug. She is now getting two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars and they're pinning that on the doctor for not restless leg syndrome.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling it right now. Depending that on the doctor for not explaining every single side effect that could come of this. That's that I didn't lose.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars on Texas Tech yesterday because of my bad decision making in college basketball. It's because of the yeah and my restless leg syndrome. I'd like to be reimbursed. Yeah, yeah, pretty crazy story. But like sometimes you win doctors.
Speaker 1: You're rich. She won. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a pretty crazy story. I got a site on the doctor with that, I think, So that doesn't seem very cool. Control your impulse to everybody. Median John Stewart cut his hand on the Daily Show last night when he smashed a mug on his desk doing a rant about prescription drug prices. He did finish the show, and there's no word on whether or not he actually required medical treatment after cutting his hand. He did say quote, I'll be going to the hospital soon before continuing on with his rant.
Speaker 1: Do you have audio this? Yeah, if you want to hear it again, you can hear at the end when he shows the hand to the audience. That's when you hear the who. But you'll hear the you'll hear the breaking of the coffee mug.
Speaker 12: Because we've already paid for him without somebody.
Speaker 1: Come, I'll keep going to the hospital. Shir It's fine. I've got the video if you want to see him. He's just basically freaking out and slams the coffee cup, cuts his hand wide open. It's a bet there's a lot of blood.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, Stephen Colbert would like hype his his audience up when he was on The Colbert Report after the Daily Show and he tripped and broke his wrist and he was during the like arms, Lance Armstrong lived strong days and so he had red bands that just said Wrists Strong, and he like went on with that for weeks. No job.
Speaker 8: Second, the Wu.
Speaker 1: Tang Clan is released dates for their farewell tour.
Speaker 2: It's called Wu Tang Forever the Final Chapter and kicks off on June sixth in Baltimore. All the surviving members of the group are on board, so Rizza, Raykwon, Ghost Face, Killa, Method Man, Masa Killa, you Got, Inspector Deck, all of them are going.
Speaker 1: To be a part of it.
Speaker 2: It'll be joined by Run the Jewels, Cappa, Donna, and Young Dirty Bastard who you guessed it is the son of Old Dirty Bastard too. He's going to make a stop in Houston on June fourteenth, but they're gonna play the Toyota Center, Okay, because it's happening in Houston seven.
Speaker 1: So you can switch caps here and put on your sports cap now please, all right? Well, Donna spring training.
Speaker 2: The Astros game against the Marlins was canceled yesterday because of rain. They'll be back at it this afternoon when they play the Mets down in West Palm Beach. Foota first pitch at twelve o five and you can listen to that one over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Shifting into basketball and college hoops. Fourth rank U of H beat number ten Texas Tech on the road last night. Sixty nine is sixty one noise noye. The Coops improved twenty four and four on the season.
Speaker 1: Where we got for them? Oh, I got one of these cold yeah.
Speaker 2: Then shifting into the NBA, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Bucks at the Toyota Center, tip offs at seven. You can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe you'd like to enjoy the Rockets in person.
Speaker 2: Let's go well, Caller ten right now to seven one three two one two five nine for five. You're gonna get to go see the Rockets take on the Denver Nuggets of Toyota Center on March twenty third.
Speaker 1: Callar ten seven one three two win two five nine for five. Those Rockets tickets are yours. That's what's going on in.
Speaker 6: Sports Houston for our Houston's alternative and helm at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five Buzz. That's Green Day Basket case, rod Ryan Show on this tattooesday, thank you so much for making us a part of your morning. I appreciate that. You know, I always great. We all appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Please looks like most of that fog has burned off for you guys. That's great news. We're gonna see highest today of around sixty four with partly cloudy skuys. You couldn't get a little sunshine out there with low chances of rain. Chili wanted to be to mention again because I got a concert announcement for you. But Chili wanted me to mention again that he has an opportunity for you to sign up on links and guests the world famous rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com where you can come down here and you can play read my lips on Thursday. You know, we've had all killers in here every single week since the beginning of the year. Now, we've had all killers in here. They haven't always won, but they've all been great. They've all been awesome. So if you want to come down and play, you will be taking on the Chile here they come. Now, they're all I don't know. I want a piece of the Chili. Yeah, yeah, you'll be playing Chili on Thursday. You gotta get here in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It seems like most people had they were able to come in and then they were going to work afterwards. So you know, you just got to kind of arrange that, Like, Chili's gonna need you here at about seven thirty. You know, we play the game at around eight twenty. We'll get you out of here before nine o'clock. That's about the timeframe we need you.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: We put you back out on the streets at around nine when it's packed. So hopefully you work close by or just take the day off. Who cares dumb work? Yeah, who cares about dumb work? Just come in and play with us. I'm gonna give away tickets. I gotta tell you what. I'm giving away tickets too, though. I'm gonna give away tickets to go see this band span is called I Prevail. The Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five is gonna come through Houston. Tell me and I Prevail have grabbed a bunch of bands to go out on the road with them. Radio Music US, Oh yeah, that's why. That's a nice one. It let that play just the guy. Let that because we don't have any other cuts? Is this a kill switch engage r okay, let me give you the lineup. I Prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive along with The Devil's The Devil Wears Prada, The Amity Affliction, and Alpha Wolf. June twenty eighth, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten am through all Ticketmaster locations. This is a hell of a show, guys, this is a hell of a show, and I mean you've got a good handful of bands on here. Let me say if I get another I Prevail song? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know this one. People are losing their mind right now for I Prevail. I got a lot of that, dude. Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five, June twenty eighth, Woodlands Pavilion. We're gonna give away tickets all week before they go on sale Friday at ten am. I'll give away a pair of tickets right now to call her number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. You get to see all the bands that I mentioned on the Summer of Allowed Tour. Caller ten seven one three two, win two five nine four five Good luck.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock and The rod Ryan Morning Show sixth at ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Rocket Alternative. Welcome back, everybody. Let's go over to the phones here and see who's calling. Good morning, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: Good Mortis.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's this all right?
Speaker 4: This is Eric?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 9: Eric?
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm fantastic.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 1: Great? Thank you for asking. I just announced there's a concert. Were you interested in going to that? Just maybe just a little bit, Bro, I'm gonna hook you up. You got the very first pair of tickets the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five. I prevail, I mean sit down. I prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch Engage, and Parkway Drive, along with The Devil Wears Prada, The Amity Affliction, and Alpha Wolf June twenty eighth. Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets will go on sale this Friday, Eric, you are in to the show. Awesome?
Speaker 3: That is great.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. I'm excited for you, Bro, I'm excited for you. It's just gonna be one of the great things that happens this summer here in Houston. Thanks Eric.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me online it's Felix online ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Uh, summer is heating up, that is starting stack in these concerts. Now, okay, hey, what you got today's day?
Speaker 2: While you've been looking at celebrity doppelgangers, you're gonna be seeing a zoomed in version of their two faces, and it will ask you, like, which of these is Dax Shepherd? And then which of them is Zach Graff? So like Zach Graff and Dax Shepherd look alike? Oh my god, I've zoomed in like version of just like pretty much forehead to chin, just to below the lip.
Speaker 1: I never put those two together. They look exactly the same. Picket.
Speaker 2: We'll check it out and see how well you can determine who is who with these celebrity doppel gamers. At the world famous rod Ryan Show page at bus dot com The rod Ryan Show nine.
Speaker 1: Five four or five byes, Good morning rod Ryan Show, Shine down, Dead, don't Die. And then to the list of stuff that it's rocking right now, just absolutely melting your face off right now, big concert announcement, just announce that we're gonna have to get to that show all week long. Blowing out the very first pair of tickets, but I prevail Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage with a bunch of other bands Tomorrow and the rest of the week. We will have tickets before they go on sale this Friday at ten am. Rockin. Right now, Chilly said, a bunch of people are signing up. That's good news. What are they signing up for to come down to the studios and play? Read my lips On Thursday, I did not get an update today, so I'm going to operate that there are still a few foursomes left for the Rod Ryan Show charity Golf Open benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics all the golf information until I'm told to take it down, or until Chili tells me something different. Yesterday, well, I don't know. Yesterday we needed three or four teams, so maybe they are gone. Try to get in, Please try to get in. But we need everything. We need sponsorships and volunteers and whole sponsors and need to get your business involved with our big business. Had a cool email from a gal that makes quilts and she was going to make us a quilt. And she said that she can make quilts out of T shirts and stuff. And I said, well, what if I got you a bunch of rod Ryan showed t shirts. Could you make a quilt out of that? She goes, yep, I need seventeen of them and I can, and I can make you guys a quilt. And I I think somebody would bet on that. I definitely do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: It's just it's stuff like that where it's okay, let's yeah, let's do this. The girl that won the other day, Laura, maybe she said she couldn't. She didn't have time to get to us on the phone, but she sent me an email after she won the tickets whatever she wanted. She said, Hey, I'm the one that donated a wreath a couple of years ago for one of your auctions, and I think it was like a Texans or an Astros reef. I was so taken back by it that I asked her. I said, listen, I'll pay. I'll pay the whatever you charge. I said, make me a Marty Cras reef like that. And she asked, well, do you stell? And she did, and she charge me and I'm sure she gave me a deal. It didn't matter. It's beautiful. And she said, well, do you still have the reason? I go, it's on my door right now at my house. I go, it was four or five years ago. I go, it's still holding up. It looks awesome. There's people that listen to the show that do that sort of cool stuff that again I know that I'm asking you for a donation of the cool stuff that you do so that we could put it in some sort of an auction or whatever that we can raise money and more money for Texas Adaptive Aquatics. So it's those types of things that I'm looking for. There's a lot of crafty, awesome, pinteresty people out there. Yeah, I'm none of that. I gotta have any of that. I got a food blog page for you today is Starbucks is dropping thirteen drinks from their menu. I think it's a big deal for people, like your favorite drink might be going away. It's part of an ongoing plan to slash their menu by at least thirty percent over the next few months. I have I want to go look to see what people were looking at on the website. The number one link is to Tuesday looking at girls looks like that Bianca send sorry and her and uh the dudes selling the swastika T shirts they're gonna they're they're gonna try to make a go of it because apparently Kanye and his wife were getting a divorce and now they're trying to like settle things. It's like, Okay, I can you lose the swastika, the sweatshirts with the swastika on it. I can't. I can't be married to you. I can't hang out with you. Did you see he was getting into it with Dave Portnoy. There's a little feud going on with them. Yeah, I know. It's hard to see that stuff. It's really hard to see that stuff with him online anyway. Looking at girls number two Gooni's two officially a go. That's from the other day. A lot of looking at girls stuff. John Stewart cutting his hand. Oh, three things. This is the dumbest is it? Is it the dumbest thing on the website? Is it the dumbest thing on the website? There is a guy what he's calling hydrating rocks. He goes over to a stream. There's a rock in the stream, but the top of the rock is out of the water. Okay, and he walked. He simply walks up to it, takes a sponge and wipes down the rock. And there is something so relaxing about it, thinking I really do, I really do. There is just there's something weird about it. Couldn't you do it? Like what's your house looks like?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 1: You could do it. You could do just you could do the same thing. But he's doing it. This guy is hydrating rocks. It's trending on Instagram right now. All he does is rub them down with a wet sponge, and there's something soothing about it. I'm telling you right now, I liked what I saw this morning. I liked what I saw. As a matter of fact, I know, I see you, I see you, right. You gotta at least you have to at least before you judge, and then you can say, okay, i'm out. I didn't water, but it's dry the top portion.
Speaker 4: Of the rock.
Speaker 1: Try and you're just seeing him and you see it's just it's like watching somebody paint or something.
Speaker 2: I don't like to go under the pool and jumping in and you splash the concrete like, okay, I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: You have to see it. It's good. The second I should have it was so good. I'm mad. This should have been the headliner and I moved it down. For the guy hydrating rocks. I moved it down. All the customers at a Cracker Barrel in Arizona saying Happy birthday to an eighty nine year old Army vet. Guy's got Alzheimer's. The guy starts to cry. He knows what's happening. Cracker Barrel commented on TikTok and they said, so much love in one room, and I'm telling you right now, this thing will make you cry.
Speaker 2: I bumped it down to number two for the hydrating rocks. It's wedding, it's already in water. Yes, I bumped it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then someone edited Jim star Someone edited Jim Carrey into a bunch of Star Wars movies and it works really well. Yeah. They used clips from like Dumb and Dumber and as Ventura and Sonic the Hedgehog, and like, all of a sudden, he's in these Star Wars clips. I don't know. People are amazing, The Internet's amazing. I got three things you must see today, and I make musht see today on links and guests go check it out.
Speaker 3: Ryan Show, The Buzz, Okay, five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: It's Pearl Jam's better man talked about Pearl Jam earlier this morning. When they were just a baby baby band. They played this place here in Houston called the Vatican, two times in the first couple of months at the bar. Was that that little venue was open. Of course, we talked about Nirvana this morning, playing also at the Vatican, and Tony Hawk attending his first Nirvana show there. I thought it was a pretty good story. If you missed it, that's something that you would want to like. Maybe go back and listen to the podcast of the show. I don't hit it enough and I need to. You need to go back and listen to the podcast of the show if you missed anything. If you didn't hear what happened this morning on the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head We had a missing contestant this morning. Yeah he did. We just flat out and didn't couldn't find teacher Kevin. Guess what he just emailed me fout time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I had a minor emergency last night. Had to stay up super late. I called in sick to work, no alarm. I slept until just now. Oh I'll be ready tomorrow morning. If that works. Please forgive me for missing today, Kevin, never a problem if you miss If you're playing the fresh out of bed head to head, you're allowed to miss one. I get it. Things happen, life happens, so it'll be a pre So the only problem is you won't get to call in and play tomorrow, meaning you listening to the radio, it'll be a predetermined matchup of listener Kevin and slow fast Andrew who won this morning? Who substitute taught this morning on the show. But yeah, the podcast, Man, if you missed anything, go and listen to the podcast of this show, please please, And right now there's somebody in the future that's listening to the podcast that they're hearing this for the very first time. Hello, future listener. So good that you're listening to the podcast. Thank you, even though this is the live show right now. But somebody's going to hear this on a podcast.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Chili put up a blog page for this. The highest average ticket price paid in every major sport super Bowl is king right now. This year's Super Bowl. The average ticket price for the Chiefs forty nine ers eight bucks. I would have paid that if it was the bills. Yeah, yeah, I would have, and I would have bitched about egg prices being four ninety nine a dozen too, but I would probably. I don't know that I would have bought two tickets at twelve thousand dollars. I could not have, but I don't think I would not that I meant, now that I'm talking out loud, I would have to wait till the game started rolling. This is the highest average ticket price paid in every major sport. This year's Super Bowl new record over twelve thousand dollars. NFL, NFL, NFC Divisional Game Commander's Lions tickets were going for nine hundred and ninety one dollars. That's the average college football If you want to go to the twenty twenty five National Championship Notre Dame versus Ohio State, you would have paid two thousand, six hundred and thirty seven dollars. The Super Bowl is just ridiculous. Look at how high, look at how above it is of everything. I mean, Coach K's final home game at Duke was five thousand dollars a ticket. The super Bowl was twelve thousand. And there's seats for a super Bowl. How do we let it get to this point? We did? It happened on our watch because we'll buy the tickets. Not we market. You'll say that you're a but someone out there will pay this. There's no such thing as a super Bowl not sold out. They're paying the ticket, they're paying the freight. Yeah, Coach K's final home game was five thousand dollars. I believe they lost. Kaitlyn Clark's last home game at Iowa average ticket price five point fifty seven. You can't put a price on that. That is an all time record for women's college basketball WNBA Caitlin Clark versus Angel Reese Part four, twenty twenty four, last year, three hundred and thirty four dollars for that ticket. Where's baseball on? Here?
Speaker 3: Here we go?
Speaker 1: Major League Baseball Game seven, twenty sixteen World Series Cubs Indians twenty nine hundred and nineteen dollars. I hate to say it out loud, but it's Game seven, three grand, it's a lot of money. It's game seven. If it's your team. What's better than a game seven? And you break it up?
Speaker 2: I think because I think the price is like football is one game. One game you had seven games? Maybe bottom no, because if you probably, if it's the most expensive, take it. They probably bought it the day of yep, so it would be the highest it would have been. But yeah, there's just so many games.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four playoff game between the Rangers and the Panthers was twenty one hundred dollars, and then Major League Soccer Messy and into Miami versus Los Angeles FC twenty twenty three, six hundred ninety dollars to go see Messi play sixty nine sixty nine nice, sixty nine times ten to go see Messi. The super Bowl is just and I see why it's such a flex to say you're going to the super Bowl. It is just the richest man's game, the richest woman's game out there, Like it is just I'm richer than you.
Speaker 11: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: It is such an unbelievable flex. The only other thing that even probably becomes close. I don't even know what it costs to go to the Kentucky Derby to be in the grand stance. I understand. There's there's the cheap, there's the there's the slums and all these things.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: There's like the floor on the Titanic with the rats. There's that area at the at the Kentucky Derby but to be in the grand stands with with etcetera. Ninety five dollars, but can you even get them? You know those are probably all corporate. Okay, super Bowl, it's not a box. It's just the down area. Okay, all right, we go the Derby. It's not a it's not on my list a couple of it's not on my bucket list. Is that would that be something I would? I think it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I think you can win all of your money back. You're like, that's what you got. I'm putting this sixth ninety five down.
Speaker 1: It's dumb.
Speaker 2: That's all we're gonna do is just win that sixth ninety five back and pick a couple of winning ponies. I'm talking about being there, jackass, and I'm betting on it. I don't care about betting on I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you So you spend the money and then you can win it back, so it's like you went for free. I think Kevin Walter went, he's oky only and then Mac. I know five or six people that went. Really yeah, are they millionaires? I guess? I mean the ones that I mentioned are they are pretty well off? Yeah? Okay, listen, we're gonna have to take a break here on the flip, We'll have a question for you. It's called no the show I got Pierced the Veil on the I Can't Hear You Tour with Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. This summer is filling up full of rock concerts. We're gonna get you in all of them. Know the show on the flip of this break, rock and alternative fair use The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Welcome back. Okay, you've waited long enough. You got one last segment to get to blah la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la l Welcome to know the show. Everybody where. You proved to us that you paid attention to the silliness and the absurdity that is the rod Ryan Show. Tickets to see Pierce the Veil on there I Can't Hear Tour Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather also on the bill, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now through ticket Master locations. Alex says he's got a question for you.
Speaker 9: Well, we hi you.
Speaker 1: We talked about an old music venue in Houston. Toney Hawk saw Nirvana at what was the name of that venue? Seven and a few listeners were there. Yes, one listener was at that very same show, and I believe her. Uh seven one three two one two five five? What was the name of the venue? Never miss a minute? Ninety four five. The buzz is with you in your pocket. Tell your smart device to blame ninety four to five, the buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety four to five. The buzz that's disturbed down with the Sickness. That's their tour. They're doing a twenty fifth anniversary tour of that album, and that's why there's a lot of disturbed stuff going on right now. Alex was talking in in Houston's Headlines in his music segment that we finally David Draymond is talking about, Hey, this is why you have this new music. We are working on other things. He didn't exactly guarantee an album, nor does a band need to put out an album right now, to be honest with you, but always a couple of awesome singles here and there, and just like keep us warm. That's kind of perfect. But he said there's a lot of new and exciting music coming, So that's good news. That's all on the music blog page today. Let's go, let's give away these tickets. He's now time for know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 4: The but La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's this ad? AD? Not the ad, not the AD that used to work here.
Speaker 8: No, no, not the one used to work here.
Speaker 1: He's he's over in Saint Louis. He's doing great in Saint Louis. I check in with AD every now and then. We shoot some text back and forth. He's a great guy. All right, Well, listen this AD right here. I got an awesome concert ticket on the chopping block here. What is your question?
Speaker 2: We talked about an old music venue in Houston that Tony Hawk said he saw in Nirvana AD.
Speaker 1: He posted a picture of the ticket and everything. What was the name of that venue?
Speaker 7: It would be the Vatican.
Speaker 1: There you go. Now, did you learn about that today, AD? Or did you know the legend of the Vatican here in Houston?
Speaker 2: I just learned about that today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it looks like the club was open as the Vatican ninety one to ninety three, and boy, they made good use of their time. There were some amazing shows in there. And then it morphed into maybe the Abyss and they maybe used the same place. It was called a different name. But here's what you just won. Ad for paying attention to the show today. I'm glad you were able to learn a little something. Pierced the Veil Sleeping with Sirens in Beach Weather, June twelfth, the I can't hear you tour Woodland's pavilion. All right, dude, you're in all great, awesome, that's awesome. Thank you listen. All the appreciation is on this side of the table, on this side of the microphone. Thank you so much for listening to the show today. Have an awesome, awesome day. Man, All of you are greatly appreciated for hanging out with us. That was my favorite thing on the show. That Tony Hawk thing really cool. Like we knew because we had talked about Tony Hawk and Kurt Cobain being grandpa's to the same grandchild, but the fact that Tony shared that when he saw Nirvana. It was here in Houston, and then I started doing the digging. I was like, oh my god, I cannot believe all this. That Vatican place was just so badass. And then that one listener said she was there and she met Tony Hawk. She said there was maybe one hundred people at that Nirvana show ninety one in nineteen ninety one. All right, that's it. We gotta go slow fast. Andrew he won this morning. He's going to play Kevin the Teacher tomorrow. Kevin the Teacher has had some kind of a thing and we're gonna have him. He's gonna come on and play tomorrow. So we've got a predetermined game going on tomorrow. I believe the comment was the game was so stupid it was good. Yeah, it still plays. I mean it was good. Let mean it was good. That's all I heard. That was the deep throat game today. I thought it was fun. I do like playing that game. We do need to play it a little bit more. It was really fun. We can play another game tomorrow. Let me see. We had a concert announcement today on the show, and guess what, We're gonna continue giving away tickets all week long to that show if you missed it, it's the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five with I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, Parkway Drive, and a bunch of other bands. We'll have tickets tomorrow on the show before they go on sales, so we can play another game tomorrow and we'll continue with all the BlackBerry smoke and the shine Down tickets, and we'll continue to rock. That's it, all right, Jeremy. Jeremy says he wants to get in here and continue to melt your face off. Guys, have an awesome, awesome tat Tuesday. What do we say That Matthew Perry documentary was available today to watch on streaming. Maybe Paramount Peacock Probably, You're probably right, that starts today. People did tell me they wanted to watch it. They didn't watch reviews. They did want to watch it. If it's worth watching. I want to watch that Sly and the Family Stone one. I haven't watched that documentary yet, and I know the cultural significance of that band. I want to watch that first. Guys, have a great date, Jeremy takeover am F. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today. All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com