Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Cash Bettel is out as the acting director of the ATF. He's been replaced. US Army Secretary Daniel Driscoll is taking over.
Speaker 1: And now we know that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will now once again take credit cards.
Speaker 2: Oh cash, okay, I get it now, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle day fie AM six forty Bill Handle here on a foody Friday, April eleventh. Now quick word. Well, first of all, let me say hello, good morning, Ann, good morning. We're happy campers here Friday. Amy, good morning, Hi, Bill, Hey, come on, oh good morning, good morning. And Will I saw running around someplace? Yes, yeah, he n me good morning. He came in looking for Neil, who is not here. I like to scare it. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: No, you get scared every time Neil enters a room. You were just trying for paybacks.
Speaker 1: Yep. So Neil is filling in today for Cobalt, and I's still going to join us for Foody Friday from his house and ask handle anything. So he'll be doing at at eight o'clock from his home studio and Phil Phil, I think he's gonna do Foody Friday on Cobilt and always going to talk about our cheeseburgers, because that's all Cobilt will eat. He's hot dogs and hamburgers. That's Cobalt. And you know why he's that way. I want to hurt him talk about this, whether he did in person in the hall or whether he said it on the air. And I have no idea he his parents are immigrants from Poland Colbilt. You know that or you may not have known that. And they speak with a pretty serious or pretty heavy post accent. And he grew up on Polish food, Polish sausage and all all the Polish food. So let me tell you what happens and you'll understand this. And I'm going to analogize this to people who grow up in very religious homes, super religious homes. One of two things happen. They either buy into it or they go the other way. And I think Cobel went the other way. I think if you show him a Polish sausage, it's like showing a vampire across did it away from me? By the way. I have no idea if he shared that with you or not, and if I'd broken every confidence. Okay, thank you very much. All Right, what's new? Let me see we've got we have some news about tariffs of course, helicopter crashes going like crazy all over the country, a horrible story out of New York. And Justin Worsham. I don't know if you remember Justin. Justin was the RCONO a few years ago, and Justin left the show and he went into real estate and he's very successful. And over the weekend, I think it's Sunday, he's starting a new show and he's going to come aboard at seven fifty to introduce a show and talk about real estate, which is big, big news. And I'm going to do a story later on about that too. Okay, let's do it, guys, it's time for handle on the news with a Oh, there's a live car another live car chase. Get Kanway, Yeah, I get Conway in here. I mean he's the one that does all these chases for hours and hours and hours.
Speaker 2: He doesn't live too far away. He could come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's right around the corner and he lives here in Burbank two minutes away. Yeah, is this a four or five? Four or five where Inglewood? Inglewood? Okay, heading north north, Yeah, it's from It's apparently a stolen car out of Huntington Beach. The Huntington Beach police are actually in pursuit in Inglewood. Hey, what do these people think when they're being chased by the cops? What what is going through their mind? I'm getting away? Yeah, is that it? Maybe they just panic? Now let me tell you why I'm not chief of police. Sorry, just one reason. There's so many reasons. I would have a helicopter gunship over that car, and I had have a loudspeaker say you stop right now, or you're not going to be what you're not. There's not gonna be much of you, or that car left, and do it once or twice. It's like dealing with Teyron. Hey, uh, you're not going to have the atomic bomb. Well, yes, we're going to. And the second they have it, you know what is or what it's going to do. Issue a warning and telling everybody in Tehran at two o'clock tomorrow afternoon, you'd better have sunglasses on because it's going to be a really interesting afternoon for you. Okay, And well we're not going to follow that. It's just going on and on and slow speed chases. And they don't even do high speed chases. You know, what you what you should do if you're one of these drivers, is old on, let me cough. Okay, I at least turn on the button, the cough button. Now these days, uh do you? Uh? Oh? Slowing down? Oh, he's making it following the speed limit. Now, I'm glad to hear that. It looks like you went over a spike strip, so there may be no tires. Pretty, But if he goes it a hun than twenty five miles an hour, Oh, he's stopping for gas gas?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, range when they pull into the gas station, yep.
Speaker 1: So outcome the police with all their weaponry, and he comes crawling out. He's on all fours and now he is laying on the ground. He's playing dead. He's been trained.
Speaker 2: He looks like a dog. When a dog kind of collapses, it does submissive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, my dog. My dog does that, and then rolls over and wants a belly rub. No, he's not getting one. Okay, so much for that.
Speaker 2: No belly reps for you.
Speaker 1: Now if he now, if he's going one hundred and twenty five miles an hour, they don't chase him anymore. It's too dangerous. They let him go, but they'll eventually catch him. They have a license plate, all of it stolen. What good does that do? Anyway? There is cops are talking to him. Hey, this worked out for you, didn't it? All right? Guys? Uh, let's do it. Let's do one quick story before we take our break. Hey, not my fault by speed Chase News with Amy O'Neil and me late story. I can do anything better than you. No you care? Yes I can? No, you care? Yes I can?
Speaker 2: No you can?
Speaker 1: Yes I can, Yes I can. How do you say that? In Chinese? Okay? Donald Trump goes to one hundred and twenty five Oh, actually, now one hundred and forty five percent levy UH tariff against China. China goes to one hundred and twenty five percent and says, we're not going to go anymore. We're done. You can go whatever you want, but at one hundred and twenty five percent, anything you have to sell into China is financially unfeasible. So it doesn't matter. One hundred and twenty five, two hundred and twenty five. It's all the same. So China said, okay, we'll leave it alone and we'll see what happens. Now with the stock market, yesterday dropped a thousand points after the previous day went up three thousand points after the tariffs were put on pause for ninety days. Stock market opens in fifteen minutes. Amy, what are the futures right now?
Speaker 2: The futures are up the now up like not a ton, just barely, but all of them are in positive territory for the futures, but just slightly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the volatility is crazy, as I just said yesterday, And we'll talk about it more. Man, I'll tell you whether or not it makes sense what Trump is doing. And by the way, long term, it may very well whether the businesses in fact do open up factories in the United States. Who the hell knows, because you have the next administration can drop all the tariffs, and it could be that it's so expensive to build here in the US that the manufacturers and the retailers and car buyers for example, are going to say, you know, open this thing up so we don't have to spend eighty thousand dollars for a car they'd herefore was sixty thousand dollars and so long term it may work, but man's short term is going to kill us. It's going to kill us. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Helicopter down in the Hudson a sightseeing helicopter fell from the sky into the Hudson River yesterday. There were six people on board the pilot and then five passengers. Three of them were children, and it was the family of an executive from Stemens, which is a German multinational tech conglomerate. They took off, they circled the Statue of Liberty, they went around the Hudson toward the George Washington Bridge, and then about sixteen minutes after taking off, the aircraft just crashed into the river. And people who saw it said it looked like the back rotor wasn't intact or something something catastrophic happened that caused it to just fall from the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't think it's pilot error. And this is a helicopter crash is like crazy, like crazy. So that's a shame. Family of five people sight seeing, which.
Speaker 2: They do all the time, and you think about it, how I fee those go off every day?
Speaker 1: No? I was what in Hawaii once and I took one of those tourist helicopters and went around. It was great. A week later that helicopter goes down, crashes, and then I think a month later that same company had another helicopter go down, and they had to change the name of the company because it had gotten such a reputation. So now it's you Fly US, you Will Die company. Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Searching for the cause of the autism epidemic, the US Department of Health and Human Services has launched what it calls a massive testing and research effort involving hundreds of scientists around the world that will determine what has caused the autism epidemic. Experts are expressing doubt that this is going to be done in good faith, though, because of Senator Erstnout Senator Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior's history of linking autism and vaccines despite strong evidence that the two are not connected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, he'll find some crackpot scientists, much like the basis of vaccines cause autism was based on one crack pot paper that was written by one out of his mind, a quote scientist who later recanted by the way, it was totally debunked, but it doesn't matter. It goes out the conspiracy theorists go up. Now he did walk back the measles vaccine. He just said that the best protection against measles is the MMR vaccine. But he has never gotten away from vaccines cause autism. And he'll find some scientists that will come up and say, oh, yeah, there's a connection, even though the vast majority of modern medicine and legitimate doctors will say no. And his quote was, or his premise is the number of people that kids have VACX who have autism has exploded. It used to be what in two thousand, the rate was one in one hundred and fifteen. Now it's one in thirty six. But reasons are awareness, diagnosis earlier, earlier, it's detection. But no, it's he'll find that it's autism. You wait, You'll wait. It is definitely the vaccines.
Speaker 2: Got to bring him back. The Supreme Court has instructed the government to take steps to return that guy from El Salvador who was wrongly deported to a prison in El Salvador. Remember they did an ice rate. He got swept up in it and was sent to the prison in Al Salvador. The White House even said, yeah, we made a mistake, but they said there's nothing we can do to bring him back. Well, the Supreme Court stop short of ordering the return of the guy Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia, but they did say that part of the trial judge's order is intact and that requires the government to facilitate and effectuate his return.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between your order to do it and you must facilitate and effectuate.
Speaker 2: They don't have to do it today.
Speaker 1: Ah, so they didn't do it tomorrow. Now you think that the Trump administration after having admitted, yeah, we blew it. We move the wrong guy down, let's see what we can do to unravel that. No. No, they go to court saying we have the right to wrongly transport or deport people and the government and the courts have no ability to say no to that. They actually take that to Supreme Court. Why not just say okay, we're going to make any moves and the government won't let us have it. You're done El Salvadorian government. So I don't get it, man, I just don't get Nothing gets in the way of the power of the administration. I will tell you you have an administrator, high level administrator. Get a ticket in Washington, d C. They're going to take it to the Supreme Court. The police don't have the ability to write a ticket a parking ticket for someone who is appointed by this administration.
Speaker 2: Fair may not be playing fair. In Alta, Dina and Pacific Palisades, some homeowners say they have not been able to clean up their properties. Saul Kerpelman lives in the Pacific Palisades. He says his home survived the fire, but it's heavily damaged, and he said they can't move back in because California Fair Plan is just giving them the run around. The fair Plan stance is, according to Kerpleman, that our house is dirty and that's not fire damage.
Speaker 1: Nope, it certainly isn't. Now, if you're caught up in a wildfire and your house survives, your house really didn't survive. The smoke damage is so enormous. The dry wall sucks up the smoke like a sponge. It makes it unlivable. You have to go down to the studs and replace every bit of every bit of the the plyboard, no, not the plyboard, dryboard, drywall and so these houses are unlivable and the Fair Plan only pays for fire insurance, doesn't pay for anything else, as you know, and it costs a fortune.
Speaker 2: So are they right? The Fair Plan is right? It's not caused by fires, but the damage was.
Speaker 1: Caused no under the Fair Plan when they talk about fire damage, physical damage, and.
Speaker 2: Well isn't a physical damage though?
Speaker 1: If the home is uninhabitable, well, you it depends on what the judge is going to say, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. That's going to be a fun one to watch, very interesting. Oh yeah, Okay. Reasons the Fires Are was snuffed out Steve sober Off, remember he was named The Fires Are Back in mid January, a couple weeks after the fire. He says that he got shut out of high level planning almost from the start and raised some questions about why Mayor Bass chose him and whether rebuilding from the Palisades is on track. We found out last week that he was going to be stepping down. Well now he's talking about it, and he says he was originally tesked with creating a comprehensive strategy for rebuilding, but he says, in his words, they haven't asked me to do anything in a month and a half. Nothing.
Speaker 1: Zero. Yeah, they're not denying that. By the way, all Bass's position is, her spokesperson is the mayor believes in rebuilding as quickly as possible, and that's what we're doing. Faster than anybody in the history of the world, of the universe, intergalactically. She's moving so quickly. How is she going to win the next race? I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's still me. There's no Neil. Where are your papers?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: A federal judge has allowed the Trump administration to move forward with the requirement that everyone in the US illegally must register with the federal government and carry documentation. The requirement goes into effect today. The judge, who was appointed by Trump, sided with the administration, which had argued that officials are simply enforcing a requirement that already exists for everyone who's in the country but isn't an American citizen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the law. They're just enforcing it. They're going, well, I had no surprise. This is anti illegal immigration.
Speaker 2: So if you get pulled over, like they could say, where are your papers?
Speaker 1: It looks no, I don't think they If you get pulled over because there asks to be you still talk about local law enforcement forcing federal law. I don't think so. But if you are in violation and they know about it, they can ice can go and knock on doors as they have as they've walked into elementary schools. The two stories of which, again we're not denied by the administration. Yeah, and the judge just said the government can do that.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's explaining to do on Social Security. So the Social Security Administration is walking back plans to reduce over the phone services. They're explaining to recipients who's actually going to have to come into a Social Security office because they were saying, Hey, we want to cut down on frauds, so more people are going to have to come in, which of course is a problem for a lot of people who are on Social Security because they might not be mobile or don't have reliable internet access. So now instead of requiring applicants and beneficiaries to verify their identity online or in person, the agency said those who use the phone system will only have to come in if they're flagged by an anti fraud system.
Speaker 1: They've changed their mind. Now they're going back the other way. Because it got too difficult. Huge backlash, yeh, huge backlash. And when I got my SO scurity, I had to go in. I know, I put when I was sixty five, I pulled my SO security. I had to go in. I did and talked to a clerk and it was really great. She looked at my name and said, oh, hey, you know what. I listened to your show. Do you have any idea what kind of a dick you are? And that's a quote, all right, too.
Speaker 2: Close for comfort. An American Airlines plane with at least three members of Congress on board at Reagan Washington National Airport clipped wings with another American Airlines jet. American says both of the planes were taxied to the terminal, taken out of service, and are being inspected. The damage limited to a winglet on each aircraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they ran into each other. That's American Airlines their new slogan, if we can't do it in the air, will do it on the ground.
Speaker 2: Beautiful shocking. California is suing a Trump administration. California and a coalition of other states have sued to block the Trump administration's attempt to take back hundreds of million dollars millions of dollars in federal funding that was intended to support the academic recovery of students because of disruptions to teaching by the pandemic. The previously awarded funding, including more than two hundred million dollars for California alone, is being used by schools for after school and summer learning programs, student mental health services, new classroom tech, and other infrastructure needs, all of which would be in danger if the funds are stripped away, according to California Attorney General Rob Bonta.
Speaker 1: And this has to do with how much power the executive has. Does the government have the right to clawback money that has already been funded and not has yet been spent. And of course the President says absolutely, and the Republican members of Congress say absolutely. So part of the fight with the administration is not only all the craziness happening with the tariffs and all that, it's the very nature of government. Does the executive have enough power to do this? And certainly Trump is arguing that effectively the president do any to health anything he wants as Congress a Republican members of Congress agree one. So this is again Supreme Court. You bet you.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. Do we still have to tip? A robot on wheels could soon be serving up your next meal. There's a new partnership between door Dash and co Co Robotics that will bring food delivery robots to sidewalks around Los Angeles. Door Dash announced it yesterday, saying eligible customers in LA and Chicago can order food through their app and it will be delivered by a small box shaped robot with zero emissions.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: The FDA is looking to oh, I love this story. It's going to phase out more animal testing. The US Food and Dark Administration says it's going to be phasing out a requirement that monoclonal antibodies and other drugs be tested on animals. They say in a news release, there are more effective human relevant methods.
Speaker 1: That's kind of neat. Isn't that technology going to where it should go?
Speaker 2: I hope?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, And so animals don't suffer at all. And what's really rough is they usually that starts with mice, and everything starts with mice. You know how misky cancer by using sweet and low, by ingesting sweet and low. So all you have to do is drink forty six cases of dia coca day, and you too will get cancer. But that's all gonna stop, which is great, Which is great. Oh here's one.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to wait a while on this one. Several customers of a pet cremation company in La say they have been waiting four months to get their beloved pets ashes. Alexandria Lara lost her little Yorky Coco in December. She said, I don't have my babies, and or she doesn't. She said she doesn't have babies of her own, so her Yorki was her baby. She and others paid hundreds of dollars to Rainbow to Heaven to cremate the pets, but when talking to the pet owners, none of them had received the remains. And it's been months. I got mine back in like a week.
Speaker 1: See, I understand you people. You know your dog dies, your cat dies, you cremate it and bring the box back to put on the mantle at home. Lindsey, she's got five boxes of dogs.
Speaker 2: I go, Come on, guys, I never intended to, but when Cleo died, I got her creamated. You go, and I do have her, of.
Speaker 1: Course, you do? You know I got a call from a Handle on the law a little while ago where there was a divorce. There was a divorce where they were both fighting for the ashes of their dead dog, and the woman said, I have the ashes and I don't want to give them up, and we're actually going to court. My husband wants the ashes. And I said, do you have a fireplace and she said, well yeah, I go there's your answer. Okay, we're done. Let's get out of here. What do you think? This is kf I am six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.