Speaker 1: What is going on, everybody, and welcome to another main Event show hosted by your Australian boy Daniel.
Speaker 2: As you can probably all well where, I wasn't able to put out an episode last week, so real apologies for that first of all, and the reason being is because of the switchover to Netflix. So you're in Australia and I think across the world except for the United States, all shows have been migrated to Netflix, and for some reason they did not choose to migrate Main Event. So after weeks and weeks of I guess having a look and finding ways to yeah put the show up and give you guys that content, I finally found a method of obviously being able to watch the main events and now hopefully we can go back to weekly basis. Episodes are there, but yeah, lots to talk about in this episode, especially as we all know Raw kind of jumps in between the show and we know what happened with everything that happened on Netflix with the debut, I guess opportunity to give my opinion on what's happened. A lot of what's been spoken about with Matt and with the other hosts is pretty similar to what I think, especially with the rock, but won't dive in too much onto that. And I guess just for a quick summary from last week's results. In the main event, we had a fear results. Two matches again as normal as they always do, with Natalia defeating Eiler Down in four minutes and twenty one seconds and the ap of akerm and razar Raza being Albanian my nationality is Albanians.
Speaker 1: Always good to see Albanian's in WWE.
Speaker 2: Yes, Australia nationally Albanian, but keeping tabs on him defeating the lw were there in six minutes and forty five seconds.
Speaker 1: But we'll be.
Speaker 2: Reviewing the show that aired on January ninth, and this time obviously because of the big grand opening of Raw on Netflix. This was hosted in another smaller venue, obviously building up to what I mentioned in the into a dome. And yeah, it was a quite decent main event. I guess, the same kind of story as all main events. We get two matches, not really much promo work, but an ability to kind.
Speaker 1: Of see what goes on in the ring.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, guys, for those that are tuning in for the first time a main event, it is kind of a half Main Event half raw review and occasionally a few SmackDown snippet reviews as well, because Main Event loves to kind of put in raw footage as well as some SmackDown footage on their shows.
Speaker 1: But officially there's only.
Speaker 2: Really two matches to really, I guess dive into, so without further ado, we can start and get underway.
Speaker 1: The first match being SHANEA.
Speaker 2: Besler against Selena Vega, where Shane O Bezer got the victory here defeating Selena Vega via submission. I went for about five minutes and seven seconds, and it's a bit weird like seeing these two superstars on Main Event. It was like I swear almost yesterday where I saw Selena Vega taking on Live Morgan for a World Heavyweight Championship match. And then obviously SHANEA Beza being part of PFC who came out the blocks, everyone thinking that there were going to be some powerhouse heel faction and they're just copping defeats after defeats after defeats this time obviously not in the singles match, but anything on the main show doesn't seem as though they're getting any momentum, and it's quite a shame, really, because yes, they're an easy team to be booed and healed on, but when you have someone that's so good on the mic, and then lost the name in my head, but you know I've talking about. Please remind me in the comments who I'm referring to, which as well as Zoe Stark and and SHANEA. Beza sorry being the at tag team. Who they are Sonya Deville, That's what it is. Yeah, sorry, it came into my head. I couldn't I couldn't keep track until I remembered who it was. So Sonya Deville is, yes, excellent on the mic, and then you've got Shanna Bezer and you got Zoe Stark, who looked the part.
Speaker 1: They look like.
Speaker 2: Wrestlers, badass wrestlers, muscular, able to kind of destroy people in the ring, and you saw that displayed in this match with SHANEA. Besa, but not getting those further opportunities. Yeah, I just don't really know what ww's plan for PFCR. I really thought they would have pushed them really high, whether there'd be a dominating faction destroying women's superstars on a weekly basis, kind of similar to Solo's Bloodline, but not to the same extent, but you get what I mean in terms of kind of the damaging effect.
Speaker 1: But no, they haven't really done much. And then, yeah, I guess in terms of Selenavega, there hasn't been much for her. I really thought they would have given her a chance to compete or make a deep run into the Intercontinental Championship tournament, but I guess not. Yes, she's severely undersized, but I feel like her promo work is really good and she's pretty decent in the ring, and yeah, I just don't really see what they're doing with her at the moment. And the fact that they've.
Speaker 2: Brought in the Intercontinental Championship, you'd think that it would be perfect for these two superstars to kind of be involved in more deeply, but they end up just getting on the main event card unfortunately. But yeah, let's see what happens in the future. I guess once we find out who Intercontinental Championship will be between Dakota Kai and Laara Valkyria, we may see PFC get involved there.
Speaker 1: And for Selenavega, this loss doesn't.
Speaker 2: Really give me any indication of what they really want to do with other than the fact that she'll be around helping the LWO. But yeah, moving on then as we slip onto Raw. As main event moves on to Raw, we get the Bloodline match or the Tribal Combat match between Roman Reigns and soul A Cigar. But before that, I do want to touch up on the opening promo of The Rock and it kind of leads into what's happening here. I'm another one, another person that's highly disappointed with I guess the Rocks promo at the start of the show. I guess the reason being is maybe because it was much it was a brand kind of show, was showing and showcasing Netflix, and I feel like The Rock put on his corporate character rather than him being the final boss, which was disappointing. But again, I didn't think he needed to thank Cody Rhodes. I felt like that was extremely unnecessary, Like he could have went on that babyface. He didn't have to come as a heel. But when you're thanking your received rival that, let's be honest. Courdie Roads has held the title since the after Wrestleman of The Rock has said our story hasn't started, or it's just begun, and then your first rawback since then, of course, he came back for Bad Blood, but he didn't say anything or he didn't say he hated his son, he loved Dusty Roads. But then to come on to Raw and yes, again, as I mentioned, all corporate, I get that this is and to thank Cody Rhods and to give him a hug, I feel like, to me, it just kills that kind of storyline and the Rock of all people, of anyone. I feel like the Rock can find a way to restore that back. But just something that really frustrated me there. So yeah, it was just annoying to see.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: I brought that up because we're going into the match now, and obviously what we saw was what we saw. We saw Roman Reigns beating Soul of Sokoa. There was some interferences with Jimmy Uso, and I think it was Samy's saying that came in to interrupt the match, and then obviously before that he had the Solo's bodyline coming in and that happened. They got out of the ring, and then I don't really think many people are talking about this much either, but Kevin Owens coming into the ring, and yes, we expected Kevin Owens. I'm not I wasn't surprised sorry that Kevin Owens was involved because of all the stuff he's been talking about Roman Reins, but he does have his feud with Cody, and then when I saw on SmackDown moving forward with Cody fighting Solo's bloodline, it just seems like everything is kind of getting conjoluted back to normal. All the main superstars are kind of feuding with each other, which is quite interesting because now it seems as though that Kevin Owens is moving towards Roman Reigns while also having that feud with Cody. You've got Roman Rains wanting to fight Cody for the championship. You've got Drew McIntire that's somehow involved as well, and then Seth Rowlands getting cut with Sam Punk according to Roman Rains and all these things.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure where they're gone with this.
Speaker 2: I feel like all the major superstars are somehow getting involved with each other, and it's going to be interesting to see how it kind of plans out in the future. All I can say from this is that I don't see anything for Solo. When he's lost all his most important matches that he should win. It just doesn't seem like.
Speaker 1: A direction there for him in the future.
Speaker 2: I think the best way personally is it's not ready now, but potentially him getting into a feud with Jacob Fattu is the only way I feel like Solar can get some relevancy again moving on here because I don't see anything else significant. But yeah, Roman gets to win here. Obviously he's going to be, as mentioned, chasing for the title, but with Kevin Owens and all these factors involved, it's going to be really interesting to see what happens. But again, the Rock comes out and I'm thinking, just put a rock bottom on him or something, you know, makes something a bit like surprising that doesn't happen, gives him a heart, gives him a kiss, and congratulates him, which frustrated me more because I was already frustrated at the start when he was hugging Cody Rhodes, and then now I'm thinking, okay, he's hug Cody Rhoads, maybe it's gonna lean over towards him fighting Roman Rains and that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: So just really disappointed.
Speaker 2: The Rock just for me ruined that, like ruined that experience of that part of Netflix, of the first season of the first episode, and yeah, I think, as I mentioned, if anyone can do it, the Rock and find the way to make us forget about it and give us the character we won, and that's the final Boss hopefully feuding with Roman Reins because we've been waiting for that match for I feel like over a decade now, over then Cody Rhods because I feel as though Cody Roads and Rock just seems too predictable. And I'm waiting personally for Randy Ort to come back and be involved with Cody Roads there because we still haven't seen Randy and I'd love to see him, yeah, be back and fighting for Cody for the title. I feel like that would be a better match for WrestleMania, as would the Rock and Roman be at WrestleMania. But yeah, I guess that covers up that few. As we move on to the next we get a little snippet of Tiffany Stratton cashing in her money in the bank on Nia Jacks, and I've got to say, I was really impressive if the way it was executed a reason being of all that the little details there Tiffany looking as though she was helping Nay out by pushing the ref into into the timekeepers area and then having her strategy so strategizing and convincing Nia Jacks to attack Bianco Ballet, giving her the opportunity to hit the briefcase onto her back, and then showing Bianca Bellair's power.
Speaker 1: With that kod.
Speaker 2: It's just a smart strategy and while executed from Tiffany, made it look a lot smarter than what she was before. And yeah, getting the pin here one, two, three, and becoming our new women's World champion, and yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy with it.
Speaker 2: I feel like the crowd has Backtify so much that it was overdue for her to get the championship. And yes, we're gonna probably see her feuding with Nia Jacks in the future, but I would like her to still kind of stay the same.
Speaker 1: I don't feel as though she.
Speaker 2: Needs to have a massive face turn, Like everyone already loves her, so I don't think she needs to fully change her character as this turn flips. I feel like she can still be kind of that arrogant character that she is at the moment. Maybe not a heel per se, but the attitude of a heel. I don't think there is a need to change. She's already got the crowd on her side, and I feel like it will stick because of I guess how athleticism, the way she performs in ring, and she's really attractive as well, let's be honest, So yeah, I think that's what will make her. I guess, yeah, get power over and I guess the crowd with her on her side. So yeah, Tiffany Stratton becoming the ww Championship. NIA is not going to be happy about that one, but yeah, just quick covered there and then over to raw we get the match between Real Ripley and Live Morgan. Obviously the last five minutes because all these matches were quite long because Netflix felt like a PLI with no promos, it was just matches, so Main Events cut these down into basically the last five minutes where we see Rea Ripley put two rip tides through to Live Morgan and also becoming the new Women's World Heavyweight Champion as well. And yeah, very happy as a nussy to a nussy, extremely happy that Real Ripley the championship, and to be honest, she's probably going to go down as Australia's best ever wrestler. From from my time, or if anyone can count me on that one. I don't think there is, because the way the things that are that Raa Ripley is doing right now, the star that she is is massive and it's great.
Speaker 1: It's great to see and Assi always succeed. We love when we.
Speaker 2: Love when our Australians get up and about and show to the world and what we can do. So Raa Ripley is definitely representing that really well, obviously getting her Women's World championship back, and I think this food is going to be finished once and for all, but we do get Dominique coming out obviously being a Goldiger. I kind of expected this was pretty funny how he wanted to get Ria back in his arms, and Ria was obviously saying yeah, yeah, don yeah, I'll come back to you, and then giving him a well deserve rip tired there, which is probably what everyone was waiting for us in some slams since he did betray her for Live Morgan. And speaking of liv Morgan again, not really sure what's going to happen with her here. I think it would be good to see her get on a promo and kind of just complain or do something throw a tantrum and and yeah, kind of get herself back on the map because she had a really really good run, I got to say, And yes, a lot of her victories were cheated for, but I think she did a really good job as the women's World everyweight champion, and hopefully she will stay in that kind of bracket, maybe not competing for the title now, but being on.
Speaker 1: The upper end of the women's division. So yeah, wea. Ripley definitely elevates here.
Speaker 2: And as far as I'm concerned for our next Wrestlemanian opponent, I have no idea. I would love to see Charlotte Flair come back and take her on for the title that I think that would be the most attractive thing for me as far as I can kind of I can see right now, but then again, we won't know until until then, and until I guess we see what happens in the future. Moving on, now, we get into main events stuff again. So we have the Alpha Academy of Akatz and otis taking on the No Quarter catch crew of Miles Bourne and Tavian Heights.
Speaker 1: Netflix.
Speaker 2: No Netflix, I'm thinking too much about Netflix at the moment, and NXT team at the moment, and yeah, this match went for about six minutes and thirty eight seconds with Otis doing his finished art followed by Artizawa's massive sent on, which I kind of like.
Speaker 1: I like the move to be honest. It's he gets up real high and he lands it really well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, quite expected, especially obviously the NXT team against amid to low card raw WWT team on main card team there and especially with I guess them still beefing with the with American Maid. This does kind of make sense, but yeah, they don't really know what happens with them. I think the Alpha Academy is very much a fun a fun group, very entertaining for the crowd, perfect for main events, Like if you if you were there, you would have if you watched the show, you would have heard how loud it was a lot of cheers for Otis obviously being fun and even for a curate as are as well. I think he plays the role perfectly as being kind of the middle school the miniature wrestler that's a bit jokey and gets thrown around everywhere and kind of used as like Otis's weapon. But yeah, the crowd got behind these two really well in the match, and it kind of showed out that having the main event in the smaller venue is more intimate and allows like the fans to kind of back superstars more. But again, it is just two matches, so it is there to pre warm up the crowd and get them excited for the main show, which is raw. But yes, so the ap academ of winning this match and I guess for the No Quarter catch true. Don't really know much about them and what they're doing on NXT, but from what I did see, two powerhouses Tavi and Heights showing some real power there throwing.
Speaker 1: Basically a Curtis are like a rag doll around the ring today, So that was awesome. That was awesome to see.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll see what happens with Alfaud Academy. Now that Chad Gables fighting a Loochador. I'm not really sure what's going to happen with their feud because I feel as though Otis hasn't had a real chance to battle with him. I know he lost the last match, but I feel like there's more than needs to come from this. I really want to see Otis smash Gable after all they did last year. But maybe where we've passed that window because obviously it did peak last year, but.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then moving on to the final segment, we've got the main event of Ron Netflix, Siam Punk and Seth Rollins.
Speaker 1: So this has been brewing for over a year.
Speaker 2: Now we're finally getting the match, and I'm a bit disappointed that it was on Netflix, but at.
Speaker 1: The same time, it is a smart smart card to book on the first show.
Speaker 2: But I really would have loved to see this match at WrestleMania. I felt like it was perfect for that for that moment, and we're only like two months away, but you never know. It is one match, and Sampunk did get the victory here, countering a superplex and hitting two go to sleeps on Steph Rowlins. It was a really good match, a lot of back and forth, a lot of kicked out finishers, and we all know our takes on finishes there.
Speaker 1: Me personally, yes, I do lose.
Speaker 2: That satisfaction of that, that surprise aspect of kicking out of multiple finishes as well. But it's come to a point where I feel like if you go back then it just kind of you're kind of backtracking, Like the Superstars are now I guess stronger by quotation marks.
Speaker 1: I know it's not it is scripted to win.
Speaker 2: But basically, now, because of the fact that you have multiple finishes getting kicked out of, if you reduce that, it will either shorten the matches or yeah, I don't know, it just it just doesn't. It won't hit the same. We'll be like, oh, what happened to the strength before? Like you were able to kick out of three finishes, But maybe they have to make their the signature moves a bit more stronger. They've got to change them up. But I think we're in that point now where finishes are going to get kicked out of. You're going to need at least two or three finishes to win a match, and it's going to be really hard to backtrack on that since now they've committed to it.
Speaker 1: And what's what I was really.
Speaker 2: Trying to say, But yeah, we had Seampunk getting the victory here, and I am also on the on the run that sat rather than should be getting a heel turn, and I feel like that is intimate now and this should allow for hopefully another match between the two with seth Rolins winning one or him costing Sampunk in whether it's an elimination.
Speaker 1: Table or rumble, but they really do need to go at it one more time. I feel like the feud is far from over, especially what happened after the match. It just ended.
Speaker 2: Nothing really happened after. It would be good to see them go at it again. But if Seth Rolins is to turn heel, I feel like they're going to go to the direction of Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins is going to be involved in this massive kind of Superstar.
Speaker 1: Storyline brawls that we've got at the moment, with Cody Rhodes.
Speaker 2: Getting back involved now and Kevin Owen's attacking Roman Rains and Drew McIntyre attacking Cody Rhodes all not attacking Cody Rhodes attacking Jay Us, They're just all getting involved. So I feel like with Seth Rowlins not shy to say how much he doesn't like Roman Reigns, I feel like he's going to get involved in that as well, and that will probably pull Sam Punk out of that and getting him to focus on probably about or a title.
Speaker 1: But again, you never know.
Speaker 2: Ideally, I want to see another match between the two because I felt the finish and the match was good, but that ending will be extremely underwhelming for just finishes on one match, like we haven't waited a whole year, and even then having back and forth while Seampunk wasn't in the wwe just for them to have a single match on Raw's Day beyond Netflix, like, please, let's be honest, we want another match, We probably want another two, let's be honest. But again, yeah, well it's looking forward to see what will happen. And once again that concludes the show. And apologies for not being able to put out an episode last week. Hopefully now we can get to regular presise I promised this time. I have main event shows now streamed in the streaming side that I'm using and hopefully I can get those out on a regular basis. They do come out Thursdays too, so we'll try to record. This is Australian time, so you guys are a day behind. But right now it's Monday afternoon, so we'll be about Tuesday night. Oh sorry, Sunday night for those in America, or Sunday while you're sleeping in European times or wherever you are on that side of the world. It's Monday afternoon here. I will try to get videos or podcasts recorded. Sorry, not videos videos watched, but podcasts recorded on weekends so that they're able to be ready to get to you guys before I guess the next week's episode of Raw, because obviously it is a week later that I am talking about RAW, and I think everyone's kind of a looved in that content already, So yeah, hopefully that's the case.
Speaker 1: If not, if there is any more issues with any main events shows.
Speaker 2: I've spoke to Matt obviously about last week, and we've said that I'll be probably just addressing a topic or something that has to do with what's been happening around WWE. So I'm gonna still put out shows on a weekly basis worst case, and hopefully you guys will continue to view in and enjoy them, and this starts to get at a more flowed state and I'll be able to kind of continue to showcase my opinion.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's all for me today, and we'll catch you guys next week