Speaker 1: The SEC is launching a fraud unit. Are they about to target mean coin scams with rug polls and insider trading? And the ECB, the European Central Bank is looking to launch blockchain payments. Of course they are, and Senator Haggerdy's stable coin bill gets Democrats support. I'll give you the details. Let's get into it. Hey, everybody, welcome into the Thinking Crypto Podcasts. You're home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward.
Speaker 2: On your way in.
Speaker 1: Please sit that subscribe button as well as the thumbs up button and leave a common below. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple Police, leave a five star rating and review.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: We have more narratives coming out from the FED. So here they said today the possibility of slowing down quantitative tightening. It's not just about the debt ceiling, but also because the FED does not want to overshoot. So notice the narrative that's forming here, guys slowing down quantitative tightening, and then of course they're gonna stop it. Right We've been talking about this over the past two years, that they will eventually go back to full money printing, which is quantitative easing. And we saw the pause rates, then they started cutting them and now they're talking about wrapping up quantitative tightening. So I hope you see the transition. And this is of course very good for risk assets. Eventually, they're gonna go back to buying securities like they're done in the past. They're gonna print money as they raise the debt ceiling. They're gonna go back to the status quo because this is the Fiat currency system. And once you understand this, guys, you know how to position yourself in assets. Now that doesn't mean you put all your money in assets, but you put a good amount because you want to outpace the debasement and the inflation from all the money.
Speaker 2: Printing they do. Right.
Speaker 1: And of course, you can invest in the stock market in the Nasdaq SMP five hundred, you can invest in gold, you can invest in real estate, but nothing moves like crypto. It's as billionaire Paul Tudor Jones said, this is the fastest horse in the race. So that's why he took a big bet on bitcoin and crypto. That is why majority of my asset holdings are in crypto. And it has been outpacing all other acid classes. Bitcoin is the best performing acid over the past ten to fifteen years. Guys, the numbers don't lie. So I hope you see what's happening here, and this is going to happen globally. All the central banks are going to go back to money printing because that's the Fiat system. And we're waiting for Bitcoin to show more confirmation and strength and the breakout of this consolidation zone it's been in, right, We've been seeing fake outs. Both the bulls and bears have been getting faked out, and it's been really boring and a lot of people are getting discouraged.
Speaker 2: Right, They're in their feelings. This bullmark.
Speaker 1: It sucks, it's over, and that's the perfect setup for a reversal.
Speaker 2: I've seen it many times. I've been here.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen, so analysts wreck Capital shared a chart saying the Bitcoin post breakout retest of the monthly bullflag is successful. Thus far, price is performing the key technical steps to confirm the bullflag breakout so as to set itself up for trend continuation going forward. Approximately ninety six seven hundred dollars needs to hold, So we want to close above that this coming Sunday. So things are moving ahead, guys. And as I shared in yesterday's podcast, Bitcoin on the weekly chart, it's RSI is showing a breakout very soon. So you got the macro backdrop setting up, with the DXY collapsing, global liquidities on the rise, the FED talking about stopping quantitative tightening, and then the charts.
Speaker 2: Are in alignment, guys.
Speaker 1: And then of course the government is in alignment, being pro cryptos. So I'm expecting a monster rally come March into April. I think people are going to be surprised because many have already given up. They've lost hope because they're not looking at data. They're not looking at the facts, They're looking at their emotions. Oh no, the price is down. I'm tired, I'm bored. This thing sucks. I want to give up and run away. That is when the market flips on him. And this is why you do not invest with your emotions, guys. And I've often told you that if you are bothered by the price action, don't look at your portfolio. I have not looked at my portfolio for the past two and a half weeks, guys, because I know it's down it's not doing anything, So why am I going to torture myself looking at it every day?
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 1: So I've learned my lesson over the years how to navigate the market and handle these moments. And guys, I just see the perfect set up here for another monster rally, So be patient. All right, we got big news coming from the SEC. So the SEC launches a new unit focus on protecting investors against fraud in crypto and AI.
Speaker 2: This is very good.
Speaker 1: The agency announced the new unit on Thursday today, of course, calling it the Cyber and Emerging Technologies Unit or C two CETU. Laura de Lard, who has been at the SEC for several years with various roles and enforcement, will lead the unit. So, guys, this is great news because we saw hester pers form the Crypto Task Force, which is working with the crypto industry and the government to help get clarity and not to have regulation by enforcement anymore. That's what Gary Ginster was doing. And notice what Gary Ginser was doing. He was attacking good actors while letting the bad projects flourish, right because his agenda was the slowest thing down, collapse it as much as possible, So that his Wall Street banking buddies can come in and take over. And he let FTX crash, he let Celsius crash, he let all these projects blockfi and so forth. They did no investigations, but he was busy suing coinbase, suing Kraken exchanges. That we're trying to work with the SEC. But that was once again part of the whole plan. But now the SEC the ship is being righted here with a new SEC chair on his way. Paul Atkins, who's pro crypto obviously has to purse crypto mom Mark e Waite as well, who's the acting chair right now.
Speaker 2: They're trying to put things in order.
Speaker 1: Now what we could see, guys, they may go after some of these meme coin scams.
Speaker 2: Now, not all meme coins are scams.
Speaker 1: So we got doge coin, Pepe and some of these that have been around for a long time. They have a developer community, they have an actual community that is behind the token. Merchants accept the tokens and so forth. But then you have pump fun where these bullshit meme coins get launch and they end up rugging people. And some of these scam artists are going to people like Javier Malay and some celebrities getting them to launch these things, tweet out about it, and then they rug the investors.
Speaker 2: We can't have that.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, that is giving a lot of bad press in the market. It's giving a bad impression to new people coming in.
Speaker 2: Like, WHOA, what's happening here?
Speaker 1: These guys are just stealing money and they're missing the bigger picture of what blockchain technology is being used for. So we got to put a stop to this. And as I've said before, I believe people can invest in meme coins if they want, but we need to put the guardrails in place and make sure they're educated that this is like gambling or playing the law, and the guardrails so that people are not getting rug pull and causing all types of problems for many different people. So I like this, guys. It's a healthy balance because you got the Crypto Task Force doing a lot of great work, and then you have this fraud unit that's going to target bad actors. Now, what's interesting. Brian Armstrong, CEO of Coinbase, of course, the largest exchange in the US, he tweeted out about meme coins yesterday. I'm not going to read through the whole thing, because it's very long, as you can see here, but I want to highlight just an excerpt from it. He says, some meme coins have clearly gone too far lately, to the extent people are insider trading. This is illegal and people should understand that you will go.
Speaker 2: To prison for this.
Speaker 1: In every cryptocycle, there is a get rich quick crowd that comes and goes and learns this lesson the hard way. Don't break the law and don't try to get rich quick. You should get rich by contributing real, lasting value to society, or at least be trying.
Speaker 2: It's not easy.
Speaker 1: So he's spot on here, and he says a lot more, of course, but I want to highlight that that this insider trading stuff is breaking the law, and I think a lot of people are going to start to feel the repercussions of this. And let's see the SEC decides to target some of these. I think they will, honestly, because this is getting out of hand. And you know, if I love crypto, I love blockchain technology. It's going to be the future, but I do not love what's happening here with this meme coin scams and rug pulls and much more now more news around the SEC. Eleanor Turriott of Fox Business highlighted the following. She says, according to a source that recently spoke with the SEC, the agency is very, very interested in staking, even asking industry for memo detailing the different types of staking and their benefits. This source expects to see some kind of agency guidance on staking in the near future, as it's a topic they're engaging enthusiastically on. Last week, staffers from the Division of Trading and mark It's took part in a staking webinar with some industry players, as reported on Friday.
Speaker 2: So, guys, I.
Speaker 1: Think we're going to see staking be brought back to the United States again. We know there's been a lot of shutdown of staking services, you know, under the against the regime, but I think has surpursed the Crypto Task Force.
Speaker 2: They're going to get this right and I.
Speaker 1: Expect to see staking added to the etherorem ETF And I think that's going to help bring more inflows into eth because having that yield, that reward is a strong incentive. So this is great news, guys, and all of you should be able to stake your crypto or earn your rewards, and obviously we need the SEC to make sure that the companies that are offering these things that they are doing it right now, we got news that more bipartisans support for Senator Haggarty's stable cooin bill, the Genius.
Speaker 2: Act is here.
Speaker 1: A Senator Haggerty, of course, is a Republican and he introduced that amazing stablecoin bill. I think it's the best to date. And Maryland Senator and Jela also Brooks has just signed on to co sponsor to bill, making her the first banking GOP Democrat to join, says eleanor try to fox business. The other Democratic co sponsor is Senator Jillibrand, and we know she's pro crypto. She's been working with Senator Lummis. So, guys, they're going to get stable coined legislation through. And part of the reason is this is about the dollar reserve currency status in addition to updating payments and allowing this industry to boom. But here's a great chart from Nick Carter. He highlights that US debt held by China, and China has been buying US treasuries for a long time. It has been on the decline. But what's interesting. US debt held by stable coins is on the rise. So I hope you see the tectonic shift that's happening here.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: We are living in an amazing time of great change started with the Internet in it's the fourth Industrial Revolution. I've been telling you guys about it. I've spoke to Kathy Wood and different people and interviews about this. This is the fourth Industrial Revolution. And it's not only blockchain and crypto. It's obviously AI, robotics, EV space exploration, and much more. Just think what the next twenty to thirty years is going to look like. It's going to be a very different world, folks. And look, some of it may be a bit scary, some of it a little bit draconian, and this is why we're going to make sure we keep our government accountable. But while we may be watching vigilantly, we want to make money off of it. We want to invest in these coins, in the blockchain, maybe some AI companies as well. Right, I hold stocks. I hold Tesla stock and other stocks. So you look to make money off of these trends, guys, and these things that are happening, because this is what's going to shape our future, whether.
Speaker 2: We like it or not.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I love these things or I love everything that's happening, but hell, I'm going to make as much money off of it and try to improve my life and my family life, my daughter's life and so forth, and be able to navigate some of these changes that are coming. Because there's drastic changes coming. The disruption is going to be huge, unlike anything we've ever seen historically. You know, I've often talked about how the candle makers and the horse and buggy guys, you know, in the late eighteen hundreds of early nineteen hundreds are disrupted by electricity, light bulb, the automobile, and we saw where that led us to write airplanes, trains, all those things.
Speaker 2: It changed the world completely.
Speaker 1: Well, this this is going to take a whole other level because you're going to see robots doing a lot, and some of them will be in our homes and AI being a big part of the fabric of our society and our life, and blockchain thankfully is here to help maintain the sanity among all these things and control over some of these things because they you know, if you make sure the AI, the robots are power through blockchains, they can't bypass certain controls and setups and sofa in and guardrails. So anyway, let me get off my soapbox on that. But I hope you guys see what's happening here. Major technnic shift happening in the world with all these technologies and money changing, and I think we're at the moment of another Bretton Woods with stable coins, bitcoin, digital stockpile. I mean, just think about all the things that are on the table here. It's pretty incredible, guys. A quick word from our sponsor, and there's actually big news around our sponsor, and that is Bitgo, which is one of the top tier crypto custodians. They're working with some of the biggest firms in the industry, guys, twenty one Shares, which is an etf issuer, Pantera Capital, that's Dan Moorehead's Hedge one Suite, a token project, Bitstamp Exchange, and the big news for them is that bitco and Copper enable clients to trade on deribit with off exchange custody and settlement. So Bitco continues to expand and do great things. They're headed up like Mike Belshie, who's a web one point zero and two point zero legend. I've had them on the podcast many times, so you continue to see them innovate and build great products. And also they are now the first US qualified custodian to offer institutional grade Bitcoin staking rewards.
Speaker 2: This is through core Dow.
Speaker 1: I remember interviewing the founder A Cordaw talking about how they offered it, so pretty amazing stuff.
Speaker 2: And now bitco also has.
Speaker 1: A retail platform that allows you to buy, sell, trade, and stay crypto and of course you get top of the level crypto custody solutions and safety, and they have a self hosted wallet as well. So if you'd like to learn more about Bidgo, go to bidgo dot com.
Speaker 2: Link will be in the description.
Speaker 1: Now check this news out coming from the European Central Bank. They are exploring using digital ledgers to settle transactions in central bank money. So over the years we've heard about cbdc's central bank digital currencies and how these different central banks are going to use different digital currencies, and guys, we know they're going to put all the Fiat currencies in that token ized format. Everything will be running on the blockchain, right, I know I've said this at nauseam.
Speaker 2: We're headed to the token economy.
Speaker 1: All the securities, the commodities, the currencies, everything, real estate, everything on the blockchain, right, So you got to watch what these central banks are doing very closely because it's a big signal as to what is coming. So the two track plan includes creating a long term solution for using central bank money in digital leisure based transactions, which can involve foreign exchange settlement, along with other international financial use cases. The endeavor attempts to augment a European market for digital assets.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: As I just said not too long ago, a tectonic shift is happening, major change in the world and how the economy and governments are going to be run in the future. And obviously we see Elon here in the United States via douse looking to put government spending on the blockchain. Everything will run on blockchain. And that's what a lot of people are missing. They get caught up with headlines. This is a ponzi, this is a scam. Oh it doesn't look like a stock. Well what at one point stocks didn't exist, my friend, This is a paradigm shift.
Speaker 2: For the first time in history.
Speaker 1: You get to have access and hold that token on that respective blockchain, and the token is needed on the blockchain to grease the wheels to pay for the transactions and get things going. And you can even go build on that blockchain if you want, or you could simply hold a token or do both. Right, But this is the concept many don't understand because they're so programmed to think a certain way and not realize all of us here are specting the timeline of history and things will continue to evolve and change, and we have to make sure we have an open mind to understand what is changing. And of course, like I said earlier, take advantage of.
Speaker 2: It and make money.
Speaker 1: That's what we're here for here to play around, because this is an opportunity of a lifetime. So here is a quote. We are embracing innovation without compromising on safety and stabilities, said Piero Cipolone. If something that right, an ECB executive board member helping the endeavor in a statement, this is an important contribution to enhancing European financial market efficiency through innovation.
Speaker 2: Our approach will pay due attention to the Eurosystem's goal of achieving a more harmonized and integrated European financial system. So you know they're going to put the Euro on the blockchain.
Speaker 1: All the European markets are going to run and blockchain tokenized assets, twenty four to seven trading fractionalization. You got your secondary and tertiary markets that are going to open up, guys.
Speaker 2: I hope you see what's happening.
Speaker 1: So Europe's public and private sectors have long been home to a number of Central Bank digital currency CBDC pilots, especially regarding cross border transfers. In January, the ECB highlighted the need for digital asset payment initiatives, especially around the digital Euro, as a way to compete with the dollar back stable coins. And remember the EU pass crypto regulations with the MICA regulations, so they're ahead of the curve on the United States here. But of course, the United States has the world reserve currency and the largest capital markets, so that's what's at least helping it to state, of course, and obviously now we have a pro crypto government with the regime change, with Trump, new SEC chair, new CFDC chair, new Secretary of Treasury, you got a white house. Cryptos are so, guys, things are moving in the right direction. And I often say, you know, these things are not making the biggest headlines. You don't see it on Fox, you don't see it on CNBC or CNN where you get your news.
Speaker 2: And you have to do your research.
Speaker 1: You have to pay attention, right forget about the sensationalized headlines.
Speaker 2: What are these people doing?
Speaker 1: And all signs point to adoption of blockchain and crypto, And count yourself lucky that you recognize what's happening here. I read the comments online from different people of walks of different walks of life, under different videos and so forth, and you see some are completely ignorant and some their mind has already been warped by like mainstream media. You know, oh this yeah, this is a ponzi. Uh yeah, this is a scam.
Speaker 2: All of it is a scam. Right.
Speaker 1: The other day I replied to one person, I said, have you ever read the Bitcoin white paper? Crickets, No, I haven't read it, right, they haven't gone that extra step that you're just reading headlines, and many are going to miss it. But this is the nature of markets. Those who are curious and educate themselves and take the time to research are going to benefit guys. So, as mentioned at the beginning of the podcast, the next leg is coming of this bull run, and I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. It's going to be a face melter, even stronger than what we saw in Q four, So be prepared, my friends.
Speaker 2: Folks, that's the news. Let me know what you think. For thoughts and comments below, hit the thumbs up button. Guys.
Speaker 1: A great way you can support me in the podcast is by subscribing to my free email newsletter. It's one hundred percent free. It's on Substack. Check out my book, Rethinking Crypto. It's available in paperback and digital on Amazon. And also, if you want to enhance your crypto knowledge, check out my new course at Mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that covers every aspect of crypto from A to Z. Best of all, what makes it unique that no other course out there offers it includes expert commentary. All those people I interviewed over the years, I had them answer questions for you, guys. They talk about every aspect of crypto, breaking it down for you. So you're hearing from founders, CEOs, institutional investors. Once again, no other course offers this, and it's a one time free for lifetime access. Go at your own pace, share to log in with your friends and family if you want, and it's packed with a lot of value videos, downloadable materials, full write ups of course, so if you'd like to learn more, go to Mycrypto course dot com. Guys, thank you for watching, listening. I appreciate you all, and I'll talk to you all later