Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to episode fifty eight of Game Spot After Dark. I'm your host, Jake Decker, and this is GameSpot's official video game podcast.
Speaker 2: Joining me this week is.
Speaker 1: Lucy James, Hello, Callie Plaguey Hi, and Jean Luke Sypeke.
Speaker 2: Hello. This week, well, there's a lot of news.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about all the xboxes that were announced or you know, finally shown off and given a date and price and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Plus we got some Call of Duty stuff.
Speaker 1: But before we get into that, we're going to talk about what we've been playing or doing.
Speaker 2: Kelly, do you want to kick it off? Sure.
Speaker 3: I've been playing a game called World's End Club, which is currently on Apple Arcade. It's by the creator of Donkan Rampa. So I was really excited to start it, and I was pretty surprised at how I mean, I guess it's not surprised, but I don't know. I was surprised that it was still very dong Ganarampa like, and knowing the dong Rappa series, I don't think that's a bad thing because even when you think it's predictable, it's really not predictable. So basically, like Don and Arappa. The premise is like children locked in a place and they have to kill each other to get out. But this one is it's interesting because like everyone has like a wristband that has someone else's task on it, and they each have these tasks they have to complete to like escape the place they're locked in. But you don't have your own, you have somebody else's. So the game is like do you trick someone into giving you the information? But if they fail to do their task, they die, So it's it's interesting. I'm still pretty early. The music is very don Gan Rampa. The characters are very dug rapa, like very like anime archetypes kind of characters, and literally their names are like Kansi and he's the one who speaks with the Kansi dialect and Annie Key and he's like the big brother. But I'm enjoying it. It's also coming to switch later, so it's just an Apple Arcade for now. I don't know, I just really needed I love Donan Rampa so much, And don A Uppa V. Three ends like kind of like that's the end of the series. I mean, I guess there's it's possible it wouldn't be, but that's that's kind of how it wraps up, and so it's nice to get like a different killing game. I I'm just very happy.
Speaker 4: How you Yeah, I was gonna say, no, how have you been playing Paradise Killer?
Speaker 3: I really want to play Paradise Killer, I.
Speaker 4: Ask the killing game although you're solving crime, Yeah, that I want to jump into.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when I say killing game, I mean it in the Dongan Rampa sense, which is that a small animal makes you kill your friends, but not the Metaino way that I'm meant to. Yeah, but uh yeah, Paradise Killer is definitely on my list. I have my PC now, I didn't have it for a while, but I don't really have a good place to set it up where I am. I don't really have like a proper desk, so I need to figure out where I can set up my PC and how I can make that work. I also spilled coffee all over my keyboard this morning, so we'll see how that goes. But that's that's really high up of my list for sure.
Speaker 2: Nice John Luke, what about you?
Speaker 5: I have been playing tell me why the new Donod game that By the time this podcast is up, the final third episode will be out. I've only played the first episode, so I can't really speak to the whole whole game, but I really really like it so far. I think it's got a great hook for those who aren't aware. The premise of the game is you play as a pair of siblings twins.
Speaker 6: One is trans and the other is.
Speaker 5: The out and they are reuniting after ten years of being away, and they're they're going back to their old their old town to kind of deal with their their past and the I don't know, I'm trying to avoid. I don't know if I should like really get into it, but I guess the game kind of says at the beginning basically their their mom gets killed by one of them at the beginning of the game, and it's kind of like the ramifications of that's it.
Speaker 6: Gets pretty heavy. There's there's a lot to it.
Speaker 5: But I absolutely love the characters, and I think kind of like the directions, the you know, plots going are really interesting and I'm like super curious, like kind of to to.
Speaker 6: See where all that goes.
Speaker 5: Like the relationships with the kids and each other is really interesting, the relationship with the mom is really interesting.
Speaker 3: And like the trans characters like him being trans Is it actually like really part of the plot at all, It's just like that's who he is.
Speaker 5: It's yes and no, yes and no, like the the So I would say they do a really I think personally, I think they've they so far do a really good job.
Speaker 6: With the character Tyler is their name?
Speaker 3: His name?
Speaker 6: His name? Yes?
Speaker 5: Sorry, he is like a really well conceived character. I think they they do a good job like making that a part of his identity because it's part of the plot without it feeling like that's just their whole identity. I guess that you tracked that. I think a lot of media falls into Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm going off of our review of it, which is a review of the entire three all three episodes. I didn't play. I haven't played the game. I just edited the review, but Justin Clark was the reviewer, and he just talked about how like it's not a game where like you have to watch people be transphobic to this character kind of thing.
Speaker 2: No is what I meant.
Speaker 5: Like totally, there are elements of that that does pop up, and I would say that is something to be wary of your level of like sensitivity towards that. I mean, the the stuff that happens in the past with the mom directly relates to that. There's definitely stuff like that, So it's like I would be wary of that, but I do think overall, you know, compared to other media, I think they handle it so well. Obviously, that's not my decision to make in terms of like how well they do it as a straight person, straight white person, but.
Speaker 6: Non transperson.
Speaker 3: Well, they do have a big FAQ on their website, right, Like the developers have like this huge thing that answers questions to help to help you figure out if it's within your comfort level, which I think is really cool.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's awesome, and they do really smart things like, for example, despite the fact that there are scenes that take place in the past when Tyler was kind of still figuring themselves out, they never dead name him and they have a really clever way around it, which I thought was really cool, And that was something like that's awesome, Like you can tell that they really did their research, they consulted a lot of people on it.
Speaker 3: That was something that I saw a lot of criticism of the trans character in the last of Us Part two, because you do hear that character's dead name so, and I think people have differing opinions on it. But that's a cool thing I think about. Don't not has that fact?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I always say fact, but I know it's faq. But anyway, they have all those questions about the character, and one of them is does the character get dead named? And they answer that no, no, he doesn't. And I think that's the kind of thing I was referring to, like that you can really assess your comfort level. But also, John Luke, I wanted to ask you, because I know you're a really big fan of Life is Strange. How does it compare like coming off of those games, Like does it meet your expectations so far?
Speaker 6: It does.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I'm only in the first episode, and I think there's still a lot to it it without getting into it, there is also a supernatural element, which I actually wasn't expecting them to do. I kind of figured they would it would be a little more grounded, But there is a supernatural element, although I think it's a more subtle supernatural element that can lead to some interesting gameplay. I think they're doing some interesting stuff with it, where like you play as both siblings, So you'll go back and forth between the siblings and you'll have these situations where you can kind of dictate how the siblings feel about certain events and certain characters and the relationship with each other. There's this interesting mechanic where basically, like the siblings are remembering what happened, and they both kind of remember it differently, and then you, as the player, kind of choose which one you want to be, like the path you're going to go forward with, like which this is the one that we're going to decide happened, and that be the way we ask this person questions about it, which I think is super cool, and I'm it only happened once in the first episode, so like, I'm curious to see how that builds over the rest of the game. I'm also interested it's been touched on, but not enough. I'm hoping there's more in it later. It takes place in Alaska, and there's also a Native American element to it, so I believe the main characters are also Native American. I know there's a couple that are. They they kind of talk a little bit about sort of like the culture and aspects of that, but it's they've kind of kept it to a minimum in the first episode, so I'm curious how that comes into play later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're indigenous Alaskan, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, but I really I really like it.
Speaker 6: So if I love the characters as as.
Speaker 1: Someone who's not really interested in the doptknot games like Life Is Strange didn't really grab me. I do like that this is like an episodic game that's released on it seems like it's being released on a weekly basis, or maybe it's a bi weekly basis or something like that, because that just seems like the way to go. I mean, I know there's a business and development reason why you'd space them out for longer periods of time, but I do kind of like that it seems more like a TV show where you can check in every week rather than waiting three four months for the next episode.
Speaker 5: I one hundred percent agree because I think in the case of like tell Tale, they would literally like they'd have like a skeleton, but like they would be like finishing those episodes as they were coming out, and this is much more like, Okay, the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing Strange Season one was the exact same. Yeah, like, and I think some of that game, like it slipped as well, and so some episodes didn't even come out in time. I think originally it was meant to be like every month, every two months, but yeah, they work on those right down to the water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and because of that, like sometimes stuff changes in them, which it doesn't necessarily need to be a bad thing that sometimes that could be a good or interesting thing. But yeah, you can tell like, Okay, this is clearly like a finished thing that they just intentionally split into three parts to kind of like break up the pacing, because it's like you can play it on one go, but then like once you're done, you're like, oh, that was a lot. I need to like process that and then you can go back next week and pick up the next part. So I'm very excited to play the other two parts because I I'm really enjoying it, and I hope it picks up because I honestly haven't seen many people talk about it. I don't know if it's just kind of like the timing in which it's coming out. It's on game Pass, so it's like if you have that both PC and Xbox, I highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: How long was episode one?
Speaker 5: I want to say maybe like three hours. We like poke around everywhere, you know, and like, yeah, listen to every piece of dialogue. So probably somewhere between two and three hours, depending on how you play it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely seems like don't not too it's kind of figured out that formula. Like, I mean, there's a lot of reasons why Telltale kind of went under, but I feel like dough Nut has like really figured out that cadence and how to release those kind of games. It kind of seemed like tell Tale was kind of like flying by the seat of their pants, which you know, this is just speculation, but I've seen the documentaries, I've read a lot of reports about it, and it just kind of seemed like they were like, all right, let's try to We've got that episode done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just let's just keep running.
Speaker 1: And I feel like it's also much better on the workers, you know, to be like all right, we're done, we can take a break. We don't need to jump right into the next episode. But anyway, Lucy, how is Batu?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 6: Wait? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it the is bo to an actual planet in Star Wars? Or is it the like the thing you go do in the Disneyland Park in Disneyland, Like, I don't what is they don't know.
Speaker 3: How canonical it is.
Speaker 4: Actually, so I like Star Wars a reasonable amount. That sounds like weird, but like I watched the movies as a kid. I've seen them a bunch, obviously seeing the new trilogy, but they're not like the be all and end all for me. I you know, I was watching The Princess Bride more than I was watching Star Wars when I was growing up. I never watched them over and over again. So I have a decent knowledge of Star Wars. And actually I'm sure I've talked about in the podcast before, but like, one of the coolest things I've ever done is go to an interactive Star Wars experience called Secret Cinema in the UK, where you're basically given a role and you go around like they recreate the set, like they recreated the interior of the Death Star, they recreated Tatooine, and you basically play out the whole of a New Hope but you do quests and stuff and like it's super super cool and they perfectly don't let you take pictures of it because they want to keep the secret. But you have like quest lines as you go through it. So it's basically like working your way through Star Wars in New Hope. That's my experience. I allowed to talk about it now because it was like four years ago, but it was super super cool. Like I did the Blade Runner on as well. I got arrested during the Blade Runner one because they thought I was a replicant, and then you meet random characters from the movies and they give you a quests. So like for Star Wars one, I had to go to Uncle Owen and trade droid parts with him, and then I had to go and find like Han, Solo and Chewy, but they were in prison. They were doing something. Then I finally made my way to the Death Star and I saw Lea. It's really really cool. So that's my Star Wars experience. So Journey to Batu is more like what I assume Galaxy's Edge is, Like, it's taken a lot of inspiration of Galaxy's Edge. Again, a little insight into me is that I could have gone to Galaxy's Edge like the second week it opened, because my friends got like tickets on the lottery and we always go to Disneyland. But I didn't go because it was in eight a m. And I just didn't care that much. So I'm worry with Star Wars. I didn't want to have to get up at six am to go to the drive to Anaheim uh and do it. So Jenny to Battoo is a very weird one for Sim's expansion pack because they've done these like tie ins with other stuff before, Like everyone remembers the Katy Perry fucking.
Speaker 2: Kerry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sweet treats, like there's Ikea, there's h and M, there's uh, there's been knitting. Is a weird pack, but it's very it's like wholesome, but like the Star Wars stuff, it just doesn't it sticks out so much. And Battou is an area is very very empty, like, uh so it's playing yesterday and I made a house and like the new having some of the Star Wars stuff is really cool and you can bring like little stuffed porks back as souvenirs from because it's basically like a vacation place. You can bring the porgs back and you can build your own lightsaber and stuff. But when you actually go to back too, it's very very empty and there's a very few of the buildings you can actually go inside. Like you get these little missions and like the first mission you get to it says okay, go to the CANTEENA or get some food from this place. You don't actually go inside. You stand outside and a pop up comes up and says, what do you want to pick? And there's all these Star Wars related food and you just pick it and then you you don't even like eat it, it's just there. And so they have little quest lines. You can be in the First Order, you can be in like you can be a scoundrel, or you can be in the Resistance, and to do those like those little missions are kind of like go talk to this person's bread. First Order propaganda's.
Speaker 3: Great, you will do real.
Speaker 4: You actually get an interaction that as you inspect the ID badges of suspicious individual. But like, so I did the First Order stuff, and like the one thing I'll say that it has going for is like there's music in there. When you talk to stormtroopers they speak in simlish but through the little stormtrooper mask. It's very cute. There are some characters in there that you can meet, Like I met Ray because I was just watching her do a bunch of lightsaber training. That was cool, and like, I guess that's the kind of thing that you get from the parks, right, is that you like you get to see the characters, get picture taken with them, whatever. But the park itself, and I'm referring to it as the park because it's not Star Wars. It's a Galaxy's Edge pack. It's sadly really empty and like the Millennium files there, you can't go inside it. You go and scan it, scan the Millennium falcon and it's.
Speaker 3: Like that, but that's like that's like Galaxy's Edge though. You look at the Millennium Falcon and you're like, there it is. Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 4: For me, It's like it's confusing as to who this pack is for, because if you are a big, big Star Wars fan, you would want more from it, but like if you're a casual fan like me, where it's like, oh, it is cool to have like the esthetics of this. Hey, I do think it's cool when you like the menu music is replaced by Star Wars music. I think that's cool. And like I did genuinely smile when I saw Ray, like because I was like, oh, I didn't even realize, like you know the characters were in it and she's there doing her thing. Oh, you can get a droid. That was cool. I have a little droid that just follows me around. Instead of BBA, I call him bb oh my little baby h and then bbbb I sounded I stunded more like Dexter from Dexter's It's just a very strange choice for a pack. But you can play. You can have Sims. What are those aliens called with the big we're making emotion. Yeah, you can have like you can be one of those, and you have like different costumes and stuff that are locked after whatever rank you are within the faction. Overall, it's a weird one. I think I want to play it again and see, but like take a family because I just took like a solo female sim there, But I would I would be interested to see if like I took a family of Sims and the kids were like.
Speaker 6: Oh, like it's like a for the park.
Speaker 4: Really does and it's really unfortunate the park is getting closed for a substantial amount of time, right, yeah, because like there's no like in making magic in SIMS.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 4: For example, when you would go to magic Town, there would little roller coasters and you could just like they with stupid like tiny little roller coasters, but you could be sims In and like there's nothing like that in this unless the reason I've missed it. But then even getting around the park is kind of difficult because nothing's.
Speaker 3: That It's like, I mean, that's kind of reflective of the actual Galaxy's Edge, which I've been to, and like basically everything you mentioned in that expansion is is what you do at Galaxy Sege. You go get blue milk at a stand, the canteena is there.
Speaker 4: You can they do the cantina too. They have a cant you.
Speaker 3: Can build a droid, you can build a lightsaber. You look at the Millennium Falcon, and then you go to the one main ride, which I couldn't Like I did it, but I closed my eyes the whole time because it maybe really motion sick, but I could. It's it's a stationary like ship that you go in and and it doesn't like it moves, but it's not like a coaster. It moves like in place kind of So that's but but I mean, maybe like that is who this pack is for, is like Disney Girls, like just like.
Speaker 4: Calmt buy ears, though I don't think so much.
Speaker 3: The ears are.
Speaker 4: I think it's like I an't. I was very kind of given a code. Uh Sam's change. I want to say, it's like thirty.
Speaker 3: Bucks a standard expansion pack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it's twenty so it's foul. That's pretty good. But like, yeah, it's it's you know, it's cute. It's just it feels. It feels very weird.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see how the Star War stuff would really ingratiate into like a regular SIMS play, you know, like unless you you go to Batuo. It's cool you go to the canteena seal that stuff. But like if I'm just like on the home lot, I don't know how much of it's going to really.
Speaker 3: Are there any skills you can learn, like like you can't like learn anything special from going there.
Speaker 4: I think you can learn, Yeah, you can learn, you get a lightsaber and you can challenge people to jewels. I don't know if you can increase proficiency in that.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it enough well anyway. I've been playing.
Speaker 1: Playing Kingdoms of Vamula re Reckoning, which is interesting because I didn't like that game that much when it first came out and everyone said it was really good.
Speaker 2: At least a lot of people did.
Speaker 1: The only reason I played it was because there was an ad for it in Mass Effect two or three.
Speaker 2: One of them. Yeah, it was like, yeah, I think it was three, but it was like, make sure you check out where this game is from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are like a bunch of boys in Rhode Island shipped out disarmor to you Shepherd.
Speaker 6: I remember the email.
Speaker 1: And I was like, Okay, well, maybe this remaster is the chance to give it another shot. Nah, I don't like it. I still don't like it, and I even played the original. I went back to the original just to see, like part of this is is my bias, I guess, and the fact that I just don't like this game. But I did go back to the original because I had it on Steam and I want to take a look at it. And I almost like how the Steam version looks more or not the Steam version, but the original version, like the like like I mean, having you know, four K and stuff like that is nice with this new version. But like, for some reason, I like the lighting in the original more.
Speaker 2: I like the way the colors are.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean like I played them both on max settings, and I was like, yeah, I don't know, I kind of like the original more.
Speaker 5: But Man's that's how I felt about Saints Bro the Third as well. I was kind of like, I kind of like the look at the original better, even though it's likely better.
Speaker 1: At least, like the Saints Row remaster looks like a lot of work was put into it to make it look like it was. This doesn't seem like it, at least from what I can tell.
Speaker 2: Like, all the UI is pretty much the same.
Speaker 1: They've just made it bigger, which is nice, but like all the button prompts are the same, Like they look like an old three sixty controller button prompts, which is strange. They don't have Like, from what I could tell, the start buttons weren't what they should be on an Xbox one controller.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Small stuff, but it was just like something that you'd think you'd do in a remaster, especially when it wasn't just like you know, it was re reckoning.
Speaker 2: They like made kind of a big deal out of this remaster to an extent.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that most people will like is that you don't need to connect to EA servers in order to start up the game. I don't think you need to be connected to play the original game, but when you started, it's going to be like connecting the EA servers with this one. It's this THHQ Nordic. You just started up and go right into it. So that's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Forty bucks.
Speaker 1: I think if you, if you really like this game, maybe just replay the original or wait for the price to go down, because I.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice much, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe if maybe fans of the series will tell me I'm wrong and they're.
Speaker 5: Adding like an expansion for it, but it's coming out later like next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, like.
Speaker 6: Maybe wait for that. Yes, you're like a huge fan, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like the Way to Go.
Speaker 5: I also I never finished the original game, Like I liked it enough, but I because like I remember like it reminded me of Fable and the way like you ran around and like the combat. But then like I remember a lot of the side quests and like the question in general feeling very like basic and like I kind of got bored of it after a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did some of them and a lot of the side quests just like ended almost exactly as I expected, and if there was a twist, it was just kind of like, oh, yeah, of course, this guy who's been gone for months is actually bad.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I wasn't super impressed.
Speaker 1: I've only played about four hours of it, so you know, maybe it gets better.
Speaker 3: But not for me.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's what we've been playing. And we're gonna move on to the topics for this week. All right, So it was a really big week this week, but we're gonna start with the big news. The Xbox Series S was leaked. The price, the box, and the release date.
Speaker 2: We're all leaked. Turns out everything that was leaked was true. Microsoft followed it.
Speaker 1: Up with the price and release date for the Series X coming out day and date. The Series S is three hundred dollars US and the Series X is five hundred dollars US. The big difference here, now, if you want like an in depth breakdown, it's probably not the place.
Speaker 2: To go to.
Speaker 1: But the big difference is that the S should run most games at fourteen forty p while the X should be able to do four K native and one hundred and twenty frames.
Speaker 2: A second.
Speaker 1: Actually both can do one hundred and twenty frames a second depending on the game, but not every game will be.
Speaker 2: Optimized to run at one hundred and twenty frames a second.
Speaker 1: And the other big thing that I see a lot of people talking about that will probably talk about for sure is the hard drive space. The Series S has a five hundred and twelve gigabyte custom NVMe SSD while the x has a one terabyte. But I think we already knew that it is just the S that people were wondering about. I took some questions from the chat that we can kind of go over to guide this, but I don't know. The big thing that I really want to talk about is the fact that the Series S has a five hundred and twelve gigabyte SSD because I remember when the Xbox One launched, it had a five hundred gig hard.
Speaker 2: Drive and I thought that was absurd.
Speaker 1: I was like the size of games people are gonna be able to fit, like ten games on there max, And now games are even bigger, like you know, I don't know. Modern Warfare is like one hundred gigs, Red Dead Redemption is over one hundred gigs. Destiny is close to one hundred gigs, right, you can fit like four maybe five of those games and that's it. So I'm just baffled. I know they're trying to keep the costs down. I know that an en V ME SSDs are more expensive, especially these custom ones, but I just don't I don't know. I can't rat my head around that, Like, I don't know why they thought that was.
Speaker 2: A good idea.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The even worse is that's the one that doesn't come with a disk drive. Yes, so like you have to get everything digitally to use that. I mean, I think they've said that, like there is a way to like connect an external drive, so I imagine.
Speaker 4: You can both of them. You can extend up to one terrorbyte, but only one terabytes. Those are the official series. Those are the official series ones that they have with Skames.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so this series S and X. I guess the game's optimized for those consoles. You have to run it on in nv M E SSD. You can't do it off just an external drive. So it just seems so strange to me that, like the big thing they're pushing is how quick load times are.
Speaker 2: But you know you're gonna run out.
Speaker 1: Of space, and you're gonna start putting games on a regular hard drive that you plug in there, and your load times are just I mean, I'm sure they'll be faster, but they're still going to be loading off a maybe like.
Speaker 5: The idea would be, I guess if I was to like figure out a way to do it, is I would I would put previous generation.
Speaker 6: Games on like the external.
Speaker 5: So if I'm like backwards Compatible or Xbox One, I put them on there because then they don't need it. And I guess I would hope the system would have like a way you could transfer so you're like, oh, you know, I'm playing Call of Duty every day, so I'm going to put it on the main hard drive, the fast one, and then like when you're not using it, But maybe you don't want to like delete it because you don't want to like have to re download it and waste all your Internet. You could like transfer it over to like the external and then like transfer it back.
Speaker 6: I don't know. That's kind of a pain, but like.
Speaker 4: But the external is an SST too.
Speaker 2: The official one is, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the official one is going to be the but like so we just shot Generation Next and like Tim was saying that part of the reason file sizes is so bad on this gen is just because they're not they haven't been shoot what was already.
Speaker 2: Used compressed optimized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like optimized properly. But apparently going forward for next gen, that is a concern that Xbox have. At least we obviously today's episodes all about Xbox, but like it is something that is being worked on. So I hope that's not just lip service and the game sizes are going to come down. Like Modern Warfare is that I had to delete everything that wasn't a war zone because I'm like, you would just taking up so much space on my hard drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to do the same thing because it's like I have to move on to other games. I have to play their games. I can't just like devote this space to this. I mean maybe xCloud is a like, is potential streaming a factor in.
Speaker 2: That in that size? Like that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Well, let's think because if you get like they also revealed the price, but they revealed the all access stuff. So twenty five bucks a month will get you a Series S game Pass Ultimate, which comes with EA Play game Pass, xCloud, and game Pass on PC. So maybe they just think like you're gonna be either churning through these games at a rate of knots and just like down on them, playing them and getting rid of them, maybe keeping a couple of games like a Destiny or whatever, like as your service game, or you're gonna just use xCloud and play more.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think about xCloud. That's probably what they're trying to push people to do then.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I think, I mean, that's my instinct is like keep the the hard drive size low and then you know, hope that people stream games more as a solution or just because that's the more convenient thing to do, or whatever the reasoning is. I don't know if they're necessarily trying to force your hand or anything, because they do have the external hard drive, but yeah, I mean, I guess it's a factor.
Speaker 1: If you're going to get a discless, a disc driveless Xbox, you probably have pretty good internet speeds because you're going to be downloading games like Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped to Australia.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, this is not one for them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a good point that you bring up for sure. Overall, though, what did you guys think of a the whole the whole thing that you know happened on Monday night, and be like the Series X and S in general because overall, like I do really like the design of both of them. I know people had a bunch of memes making fun of the Series S design, but everyone's gonna make fun of console designs.
Speaker 2: That's just how it is.
Speaker 1: But I actually really like the Series S. I think it looks I think it looks great. The thing I like the most is the small size.
Speaker 4: Though yeah it's tiny. It's sixty percent smaller than the Series X, which is fifteen by fifteen, and then that he sends to me as high, so it's a beefy boy I like. I like the look of the Series X more purely because I've never owned a white console. All of my stuff is black, like my TV, my consoles, my camera, like everything is black in my room. And it just it wouldn't go. It wouldn't go, and so I'm not gonna buy one. Esthetics are important, but also I want to I want to be future proofed a little bit, because no doubt they will have some revision of both models at some point, Like I don't think this will be the last Xbox I buy. I'd like to be feature proved. I'm like another Inside Baseball one, but like I assume all codes will be digital, But like what if you do get a disc?
Speaker 6: I still like discs.
Speaker 5: I still like it's bums me out about the the s because it's like it's so affordable, Like I think that's like it's insanely affordable. But I go and I think that would make it so appealing to a lot of people. But I still think there's there's still a lot of people that like just don't have the internet to like download and play games regularly, and what could have been like a super affordable option for them is like just not possible because it doesn't have a disk drive. And it's like I understand like the reality of like that's kind of how they got the price to be where it is and like what they're trying to push, but it I don't know, that kind of bums me out.
Speaker 3: I I like small. I think I like the aesthetics of a smaller console. I like white technology, but my desk, like I'm also I have a lot of no my computer chassis is white. I don't know, I could probably pull it off I do a black and white sort of deal with my stuff. But yeah, the disc thing. I mean, there are definitely cases, even very recently, where digital codes were delayed and we were only able to start reviewing a game because we got a physical addition. That is entirely possible. I think, you know, I just think for my job it would be irresponsible of me to get one. That's discliss But what I prefer it. I mean probably I'm spread out across a lot of different platforms usually by necessity of whatever code I get, so like the size. While annoying, I could probably work around it because I'd be split between PlayStation and Xbox and IPC, So that's fine. I think it. It just comes down at a disc, even though I prefer disc was well, I.
Speaker 1: Guess speaking on that, we got a question from just a box here that says, now that we've seen all the next gen consoles, which designed you like the most, which designed you like the least?
Speaker 2: Ugly?
Speaker 6: So I love how ugly it is.
Speaker 4: I she got curves.
Speaker 1: I don't like the one the PS five of the disk drive. I'm fine with the other one, but for some reason, the disk drive one just I don't like it. That's probably my least favorite. My favorite is the series that's I think.
Speaker 4: I really hope the PS five comes in black. I know it shouldn't matter that much, but if I'm going to drop that much money on a machine like also, can we talk about the fact that i'mike if you, if you direct competitor drops an obscenely cheap version of their next gen console, it's probably not the time to drop that seven thousand dollars gold like place before you've actually announced to your own price point. That was wild to me. But no, I mean, which one I like? At least? I think. I don't dislike how the PS five looks, but I just prefer the Series X in terms of pure esthetic.
Speaker 2: It looks like something on Jesse Phayden's desk.
Speaker 4: Or something I was when we shot Generation Next earlier. I almost called it the.
Speaker 6: Nail because.
Speaker 2: Kelly, what about you?
Speaker 3: Oh? I think my favorite one is the Series S. I don't like the I like the all black, like the black look of the Series X, but I don't like the shape. I find it to be potentially cumbersome. I don't know if it would fit my shelf. Like there's a lot I think it's a hard shape to work around, just being kind of a.
Speaker 2: Tower, like taking the s from work to home. Not that anyone's going to work right now, but that would be so much easier than this black tower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's probably my favorite. But I also like cute things, and I want my apartment to look cute and nice and like, so I'm just kind of a baby about that stuff. But I love blood. See that's the thing I have.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 3: I have a war warring factions where I'm like, I love tiny, but I also love Goth. So which one is it?
Speaker 4: Tiny Goth?
Speaker 3: So I didn't mean to say that the black aesthetic is not cute. Well, I mean, I think it looks good, but cute is not the you know, if we're talking about like animal crossing, like that's that's cool in animal crossing language, it's not cute. That's kind of what I mean. But yeah, I have two warring aesthetics inside me, so I really struggle. But the PS five is hidious.
Speaker 1: Uh well then I guess kind of on that. Lucy kind of already answered this boat which version of which version of the GS staff more leaning towards And this is from Gray Fox even though I like the series more, I'm definitely getting the X Yeah, just yeah, because of what Kelly has said, what Lucy has said, like future proofing and us needing a disk drive just it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I might reconsider it.
Speaker 1: If I wasn't working at GameSpot, maybe I would get the S instead, But honestly I probably wouldn't get either, just because all these games I can play on PC.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the X for sure for me. Everyone in agreeance, I think, yeah, agreeance agreement a.
Speaker 4: Gentleman's accord.
Speaker 1: Last question we have on the boxes is from Jacob McCourt. With the Xbox moving to a leasing model, do you think Sony tries the same in twenty twenty one or beyond?
Speaker 4: I hope so, I yeah, I hope so.
Speaker 1: Especially if Sony's gonna come out to the gate with a more expensive box, then they should probably do the leasing because.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what to expect for a price. I personally think it's gonna be six hundred dollars. But yeah, they'd be crazy to do that.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: The thing with the like the Xbox leasing model is like there is an unbelievable amount of value there. You must assume that they are making a loss on every console sold and they're getting it back through subscription, like you've seen the numbers. There have been figures coming out like when xboxes their quarterly stuff, where like their subscriptions just up and up and up.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Sony has the ability to do that, Like I don't know, Like Microsoft has spent an entire console generation building up to this, and Sony hasn't. Really I don't, I don't know. I don't know if there's would be the same, like and I don't know how much the like the PlayStation is going to cost, and if it is going to be more expensive and people are going to be paying more per month just for the console itself, if there was like leasing thing, Like they're already on the back foot, like they must be scrambling this week, Like I don't think. I mean, like Phil Spencer tweeted that this was all supposed to happen next week. I can't even imagine what's going on in Sony right now. Like this has been such a weird yeah next to Jen and don't haven't even so ideayet, Like it's been the longest gabe of chicken between the two of them, and I think Xbox handled it super super well, and I just really worry what Sony's Like. I mean, Sony gonna be fine. I can't worry about Corporation, but I just really wonder what they're going to come out with because for me, like the games that I'm more interested in are Sony, but like Xbox have got me with these price points and with everything and like EA play.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean that that is like the one thing like from a I don't know, a consumer perspective, if I had to pick one, I would definitely pick the PlayStation five just because the games that are coming out with that. Like that's the other thing with this series X, Like there are not really any launch games from what I know of, that are only for the Series X. So it's like, well, if these games run better on a Series X, they probably run just as good on my PC. And I know I keep coming back to that, but it for me personally, there's just not a lot of value in either of these boxes, So I'm more interested in a PS five. That being said, like I don't know the value is so good that it still makes me want to buy one anyway. The other big news This week was the Black Ops multiplayer reveal. They'll reveal to five maps and vehicles. They're not doing the Pick ten class system. War Zone progression should carry over, will carry over. It seems like most of your war zone progression will carry.
Speaker 2: Over CrossGen play.
Speaker 1: They mentioned lanes in their maps, which is something I didn't see in the gameplay because it looked like a lot of big open maps. And they said boots on the ground three times, but I know they did. They said it three times, but I missed the first ten minutes, so maybe they said it another time, but I heard three for sure, and I was like dying, like.
Speaker 4: They must be aware of that now though they must be aware of like I don't know, joke, like people laugh at that.
Speaker 1: I think there, what was it? Didn't they say that a lot in Black Ops. For they were like, boots on the ground, boots on the ground, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, World War two? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they did it in both.
Speaker 4: Because it came after Advanced Warfare, I want to say. And then they were like infinite warfare, yeah INFF. And then they were like, well now it's boots on the ground and it's the one thing that and levelation from whatever evolution, evolution. Those were the two like buzzwords.
Speaker 5: That's like a loves. They always had like their weird marketing terms. It was like strategic dismemberment in dead Space.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, revolution is one for the ages.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The interesting thing about them saying boots on the ground is that this seems like the most vehicle heavy call of duty I've seen.
Speaker 4: Boots on the pedal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that seems more like all the footage I've seen people are on like ATVs or they're on like they're on jet skis, And I'm just like, all right, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: Not really boots on the ground.
Speaker 1: But you know, at least you didn't say it a dozen times like in smoke plactations.
Speaker 3: I feel like when they say that, they just mean you can't double jump, Like yeah, like Black Ops three, you got so much ship for that, for the wall running and stuff, and.
Speaker 5: But that's like four years at this point, like they got to be so divorced from that now, like.
Speaker 6: About it.
Speaker 1: Another thing I noticed too watching the multiplayer is that enemies have health bars. I think they did that in a Black Ops game too, right, or like other players have health bars and you should get.
Speaker 2: Them four, which is something I do not like.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I'm excited for black Ops, but I saw that in multiplayer and I was just like, I don't know, man, I don't like all they shit in my face when I'm playing a game like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they also talked about the time to kill being like really tight, so like your gun plays is good. Why do I need that health bar? Then, Like, if I'm going for like a hardcore mode or like a realism mode like really snappy time to kill, I don't need the health bar. You're down in one or two bullets, So what's the point.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they get rid of it in those modes, but I.
Speaker 3: Would hope so, well, yeah, reduced UI modes like I would only want to play on those though, because the health Like I don't Yeah, I don't think I need the illusion of spongy enemies in Call of Duty.
Speaker 1: Especially since like this is a this takes place in what the eighties, right, Like it's supposed to be a little more retro like if they had like you know, like a stylized UI health bar and.
Speaker 6: Numbers coming out and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like and like Infinite Warfare, it'd be like okay, because they got future tech that tells them that. But this is just like it's a cold war man, no one had health bars back then or ever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's been a day.
Speaker 4: It's been a really weird like for clarity, I say for clarity because we have none because California is orange today. We're recording on Wednesday, which is like the worst day so far. I woke up this morning at eight and I thought it was about three am because it was so dark, and I have an east facing window, so I get sunlight first thing in the morning. And I was like, oh, okay, this is weird. And it's just been orange all day and very miserable and stuffy. It's been such a weird day, and all this news is dropped and everyone's like, yes.
Speaker 3: We're all just like tired, we want breaks. We're like and the air is not breathable. It's just been a time I.
Speaker 4: Never wanted to go outside more than I have today during quarantine. Yeah, it's like, ooh, the spicy air.
Speaker 1: Any thing we want to say about what we saw in the Black Ops multiplayer reveal or should we move on uh really quickly.
Speaker 3: I think one mode that intrigued me was Fire Team. The one where it's like squads of four and there's I forget how many squads of four there are, but it's like you're up against multiple other squads of four. But it's not like battle Royalites like objective based modes, which I thought was really different for Call of Duty, and I was kind of intrigued by that. I just still can't, like I can't wrap my head around how the firefights and stuff are going to work in the setting. I know there's I know there were like it's called the Cold War because there weren't a lot of battles, but I mean there's still like stuff happening in clandestine operations and stuff. But I'm just having trouble getting past that. So it's one of those I think I might just have to like get my hands on it and see how it works and like if it gels together. But that mode did seem really interesting to me.
Speaker 2: Boots on the ground, hands on the sticks.
Speaker 3: You've been working on that one. This whole segment.
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: If I had, I would have been disappointed.
Speaker 2: I probably just would to stop the podcast. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to listener questions. All right, on to listener questions If you have a question for us, you can email us at after dark Podcast at GameSpot dot com, or you can join our discord server and there's a channel right there for all your question asking needs.
Speaker 2: Kelly, do you want to take the first one?
Speaker 3: Sure? This is from Rachel Acker. Rachel says, Hey, after Darker's My two main consoles are the PC and the switch. I recently resubscribed to game Pass on my Xbox and I am watching Yazy zero install in real time heal the issue.
Speaker 4: It took me so.
Speaker 3: Long to navigate the menus because I'm so used to the switch button scheme. When I was trying to click accept, I kept backing out and vice versa. Oh, that's a mood do you have? Do you all have this problem? Yes? Should I just cave and switch my button input? Also just wanted to add and if this gets read on the show, don't feel pressure to leave it in. Oh I haven't read this question yet, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Howka that I read that.
Speaker 3: Air weekly podcast is such a ray of sunshine in my week. I work weird long hours in medical manufacturing and have been working a lot since Everyone Quarantine. Also, I love Callie's competitive poem on Breeding Guide. I have no interest in that line of gameplay, but I find it super fascinating fun to watch. I hope you and yours are safe and healthy. Again, it's from Rachel Agger.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Rachel. I genuinely didn't read this before. I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: A thank you, Rachel.
Speaker 3: Jake and I worked really hard on those videos that I want them to get more views on you please, so good tell your friend. But uh yes, I absolutely have that problem because, like I said, I play Animal Crossing every day and I have been for many, many months, and when I try, oh, the biggest thing, I started playing Bloodborne. I think I talked about this a couple of episodes ago. I started playing Bloodborne and I was like still using the Last of Us controls, like they were like the last PlayStation four game I played was the Last of Us Part two, And I'm playing blood Borne and I could not get anything right. I kept throwing them all the tops when I meant to do other things, and I was getting really frustrated and it didn't help. But it was also difficult. And then on top of that, you have like I don't know which button is confirmed and which button isn't and I'm pretty sure in Japan the Circle is confirmed and X is an excess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like we did an interview with the Resident Evil two developers, or we did like a let's play with them, and they were playing the US version and kept backing out of menus and stuff like that because circle.
Speaker 3: So it's not just you, Rachel, it is. It is that that torments me. Even Nintendo can't get it right. All their controllers are different. It crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I was gonna say, like Dark Sotols on switches particularly frustrating because like it switches A and B, so like you hold oh no, now it's confused in my head.
Speaker 2: So normally in Dark Souls you hold.
Speaker 1: B to run if you're playing on like an Xbox controller, But on a Nintendo Switch you hold A to run because it's in the same position of B on an Xbox controller. So in my head, I'm like, okay, I got to hit A to confirm, but it's actually no, no, no, see I can't do it. But it's really it's really frustrating. It's why I could not play that game on switch because my brain was just breaking.
Speaker 5: I think my brain like I've gotten to the point where if like I can tell the feel of the controller, like I kind of know. But because of that, I can't use the switch Pro controller on the PC. Like a couple times I'll like, oh, plug it in and use it because it is a good controller. The second I do that, it's like, I my brain gets horrible.
Speaker 2: Can flyers get crossed?
Speaker 6: Wires crossed?
Speaker 5: Actually a weird one. The Google Stadia controller, which I don't own Google Stadium, but when we got it at the office like last year, I was like testing it or something, and it actually feels a lot like the switch Pro controller and shape. So I kept hitting the wrong button because I kept thinking I had a switch controller in my hand.
Speaker 6: And I asked Michael.
Speaker 5: Who who was like doing stuff with that too, and he's like, dude, same, So like that's a thing. I guess you're just like you think it's you know, one thing.
Speaker 3: But no, I I want to know if there's anyone that out there who doesn't have this problem, who has a perfect brain, their brain can just process everything perfectly. If that's you, I want to hear from you, because you have a talent that nobody has.
Speaker 6: Teach us.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to answer the second part of this question, should I cave and switch my button input? I would say no, because the second you do that, you'll you'll be doing the other thing. At least the butts will win.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I do.
Speaker 3: Do you change her button? No? No?
Speaker 6: No, no no.
Speaker 5: Like I'm with Jake, like all confuse myself. Like I'll do that with flight games, where like I'll start it and it'll be like inverted or something, and I'll be like, ah, this is annoying.
Speaker 6: I'll switch it.
Speaker 5: And then the second I switch it, it starts confusing me the other way, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I gotta go back, and then you just uninstall it.
Speaker 6: And then you just install it.
Speaker 2: So I did it with Flight Simulator.
Speaker 3: Inverted controls really mess with me. I really can't handle that.
Speaker 1: What messes with me is vertical no horizontal when the game is horizontally inverted, because for some reason, it just doesn't register to me that it's inverted, even though I know it's like I don't know, my brain just cannot parse that information.
Speaker 2: Like I'm so confusing.
Speaker 6: I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I played some Tony Hawk last weekend and it automatically had inverted the camera for me, and I was like, no, excuse me. I was like, I suck at Tony Hawk. But I was like, I'm uppolling at this, like oh my god. And then and I went into the menu and I was like, oh, that's why.
Speaker 2: That happened to me too.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking of when I was like, yeah, when it does, I think that game had a horizontal inversion right, it's default.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: It just like it just threw me in a loop. I was like, no, this is right, right, No, this is wrong. I had no idea.
Speaker 4: It's like the Homo Simpsons. Something was said, not good, something is different.
Speaker 6: So is it inverted?
Speaker 5: I can't I'm trying to think now because I'm like playing it and I don't remember feeling.
Speaker 2: We couldn't tell you. But I turned it to non inverted and it made a lot more sense.
Speaker 3: YEA, I would, yes, I would always recommend changing it to the inversion you're comfortable with. If you want it inverted or if you don't want it inverted, that's the control scheme you should definitely change. But if you want to switch like A and B, I feel like that's just going to lead to problems down the line as you get adjusted to the controller.
Speaker 5: I just have like I have dyslexia, like specifically with directions. So it's just like I will actually like get confused where I will turn in it one way and then be like that's wrong, and then I'll like change it, and then I'll turn it again and be like no, wait, I was wrong the first time.
Speaker 6: Now I need to go back. So like I just I just give up. I have I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: Next question here is from Kevin and West Hartford Half Dark Crew. Do you think Nintendo will add the Nintendo sixty four to the Switch online service this year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, because they can make they can make you pay for it. Yeah, yeah, Unfortunately, I think that's the Nintendo model.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The thing is, there are a lot of sixty Nintendo sixty four games that I would just buy on Switch, Like like if they were like we put Wave Race on Switch, I would buy it. I would totally buy Wave Race, like I just had a great time. I already bought all of those games on n sixty four and on we virtual console, but I'll buy them again because I'm a sucker, and that's how Nintendo gets you, and they're already doing it with Mario three D All Stars, like here Mario sixty four but in a new package.
Speaker 4: So would also like, it's the anniversary of Zelden next year, isn't it? So get ready.
Speaker 3: They don't, Oh, if they don't put Ocarina in the three DS port of Majora's Mask, which was actually so good, they like, take like the changes they made in that three DS port and then make it appropriate for switch. Oh, I would buy the shit out of that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, wager.
Speaker 1: I think just in general though, like I feel like I don't know, it'll be a long time before Nintendo repackages does Nintendo sixty four games and does like a Nintendo sixty four Classic or starts adding them to the online services because a I think they're a little bit tougher to port and like get set up. Mostly because well, I don't know, once again speculation. I don't know how to make games, but I imagine like mapping that controller to modern devices would be kind of a pain, like extra prong, Like I'm curious how Mario sixty four is gonna play because god, that camera was so bad, and like, I hope it's just controlled with the other control stick.
Speaker 2: But and the thing is.
Speaker 3: That era of games has not visually aged very well, whereas like really it hasn't aged very well. I still love Major's mask.
Speaker 2: I think there's standouts for sure.
Speaker 3: There are some definite, definite standouts on n sixty four. But I think it's kind of hard to sell some of those games to an audience that didn't didn't play them originally because they kind of look assy and they don't they do. Listen, that era of three D was just an experimental mess and like they're really they don't age well versus something like wind Waker, where that game is highly stylized. The style holds up if there's you can do to bring it Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Even like and very point in like weird ways. Yeah, L three D.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yes, I think like from Nintendo's perspective, maybe they're weighing like the nostalgia factor versus the like does this bring in a new audience factor.
Speaker 5: I just really want them to sell that and sixty four controller again, Like I want that as like a like an attachment for like either for either like you know, if they were to sell like a six four Classic, or if they were to what they did with the online where they sold like the limited versions of like the NASA Snass controllers. I want them to sell a sixty four controller and I want a whole new generation of of Switch owners.
Speaker 6: To be baffled by it and just be like, what is this thing? Or it's like.
Speaker 2: Two on the side and then one on the bottom, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to you, yes, that you should do it.
Speaker 3: I God, there are some games that I would totally play again, even though they're no good anymore. Like GoldenEye. Man, that game did not hold up.
Speaker 5: Fortunately, you'll probably never get that one because of the weird licensing I know.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing is like Banjo KAZUOI I hate the Xbox version because it's easier. I mastered that game when I was five. I don't need it to be easier.
Speaker 6: You might be that one I could see.
Speaker 5: They're actually like I feel like rare in Microsoft are actually pretty pretty good about Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what I want really bad to come back from that era of video gaming is color coordinated cartridges. Why are the switch cartridges boring? They should have different colors. Sword and shield should have been colored. We should have like a really cool like golden one for like Zelda games, I like, bring that back? Where did that go?
Speaker 4: Tavy? This episode has been.
Speaker 3: I just think like, like, you know, we had that licking cartridge?
Speaker 2: Is fat?
Speaker 3: Everyone like it's on there everybody's radar. I'm just saying, like, if you made a colored cartridge, everybody'll be like, well, does this one taste any less bad? And then maybe you know they'd be popular.
Speaker 6: I actually make them like flavored. They could do that.
Speaker 4: So kids will eat them.
Speaker 2: All right, Last question, Lucy, do you want to read this one? Yeah?
Speaker 4: This is from Trilins on discord. If you could grab any three games put them all on one cartridge with switch, what would they be? The Mass Effect trilogy.
Speaker 3: That's a good as long as it's like it's supers like good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I assume we're like ignoring the size limitation of the actually switch cartridge.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, if there's there's no stipulation in this question, if works that.
Speaker 4: Did Ellen know what ever come out on a cartridge?
Speaker 6: It did, but you also had to download an extra amount of it.
Speaker 4: So in that case, I think it's fine, go nuts size.
Speaker 5: Okay, do they all have to be part of the same trilogy? Or could I just have like three completely three games.
Speaker 4: I think it's Luke Collection.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, yeah, what is the Joe Okay? If I had to guess, oh yeah, my answer is Don and Rampa's one, two, and three Persona three four.
Speaker 5: Mm Persona would be pretty good, but five yes, But like I'm also like I've played the others portably. I'm trying to think of like a game that like I haven't been able to play portably.
Speaker 3: I'm just like if I'm thinking about if I'm thinking about John Luke, I'm like, okay, system shops on there, you know, like I'm trying to think of, like what I would say as your friend, is the John Luke Collection?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: You put Yaku's zero on switch because that means I can play that Cabaret Club mini.
Speaker 6: Game on the.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh you're a genius.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just put that three times.
Speaker 2: Oh Gwent quin.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got a Throne Breaker Thrown Breakers on there already, and that's better Gwent because you don't have to play against people online.
Speaker 3: Fair.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't know my three Honestly, I was gonna say like like dead Space Mass Effect, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really not sure.
Speaker 1: There's probably some GameCube games i'd want to put on there that I would like to revisit, maybe like like put Tails of Symfonia on the Switch.
Speaker 2: That'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: But once again, like last time I tried to play that game, like, yeah, this game has an age super well. I kind of just like it being in the past as a game.
Speaker 2: I really like that. I don't really want to play it.
Speaker 1: These days, Like mass Effect on Switch is something I would one hundred play. I've been getting the itch to play mass Effect the last month and I'm just like fighting it. I'm like, no, we don't have time for this, we don't have time.
Speaker 4: I like to think there's like five different jakes in your head, and no, we don't have time for this.
Speaker 2: Start a mass Effect, start an aspect, and.
Speaker 3: Then the other ones like no that Witcher three like.
Speaker 4: A twelve Angry Men had one one loan Jake.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you're one in two yeah Switch, that kind of cool, that's not three.
Speaker 2: Maybe what you're one in two? And then mass Effect I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could start collecting those lady cards on your switch.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they'd get rid of that. They'd probably get rid of that as an aged one.
Speaker 3: Say, I'm trying to think if there's anything else. I mean, like I did like I would love like Ockery enough time, but.
Speaker 4: That's that's a.
Speaker 3: Little too obvious. Like something that's probably not gonna happen is the Dongan Rampa trilogy. So that's where I really went.
Speaker 5: But I really want that because I've been like, I am gonna eventually get to don Rampa.
Speaker 6: I promise would love it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 6: But there's always that part of me that's like if they put it out on switch that would be better.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll just wait a little bit longer, but maybe I should just finally commit and get it when I have time.
Speaker 3: Well the Cabaret Club though, that's a great cabaret club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're all game for that.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, that's been episode fifty eight of Game Spot after Dark. Thank you all so much for listening, and thank you guys for joining me.
Speaker 2: Lucy, what do you have cooking? And uh, where can people find you?
Speaker 4: So this week on Generation Next it is Xbox Series S versus Xbook Series X, which is right for you, So they'll be up by the time this podcast goes Love YouTube of complash game Spot and I'm on Twitter at Lucy.
Speaker 3: James games Kelly, I am, you know, just continuing to edit and publish many re use from many different writers, so please keep up with GameSpot reviews. This week we had Phil's finalized Avengers review. He had kind of impressions that he'd updated, but this is the scored version, so check that out if you haven't seen it yet. We also reviewed Moon, which is the nineteen ninety seven PS one anti RPG that is finally getting an English rule or finally did get an English release this year on Switch. So that's a cult classic. It was one of the main inspirations besides earth Bound for Undertail, so that was a big one. Very excited to kind of be able to revisit a cult classic like that.
Speaker 2: Did you know that was localized and translated by Tim Rodgers? Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw him like as someone was tweeting at him about how he did a good job on that, and I was like, than, dang.
Speaker 6: Wow, well that's rad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so kind of like an interesting eclectic week for Gameshart reviews. Let's say also start Renegades. I don't want to leave that one out, I'm sure, I mean there's plenty that I that we do a lot of reviews.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm also continuing to do Animal Crossing updates. I have a full guide to all of the new DIY recipes that you get this month and how you can firm them. I already have them all and I plan on making a Mushroom Wanderland when I can get the mushroom recipes. Wait my Twitter account.
Speaker 2: Oh go ahead, I gotta do my song.
Speaker 3: Uh No, I don't want to. It's fine, yank you do.
Speaker 5: Mostly this week, I have been continuing to fill in for Eric Kay on the live stream front.
Speaker 6: Pretty busy week.
Speaker 5: So if if if any of our live streams failed horribly, you could you could blame me over on Twitter at johny Sipekes blaming you.
Speaker 4: You've been doing great otherwise.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm just working on some some PC centric stuff with Michael Hyam and Dave do It over in the UK, and that stuff should be coming out sometime next week.
Speaker 1: Nice and then you can find me at Jacob Deck on Twitter. And we don't have a Cyberpunk.
Speaker 2: Lore video this week.
Speaker 1: Instead, I know we took a break. There are a lot of work, and usually it feels like a sprint when we do them. So we took a break and we are doing especially because it was a shorter week.
Speaker 2: We're doing books, movies, games.
Speaker 1: Stuff you should watch, do see before Cyberpunk comes out.
Speaker 2: Just put that together. I'm editing it right now, sopefully that's up in time.
Speaker 1: A lot of good recommendations in there, some obvious ones and some not so obvious ones. So if you're excited for Cyberpunk, might want to check that out. You might, I don't know, find a good book or two to read, or maybe a new movie to watch. But that's about it for me because we'll see all next week.
Speaker 6: Bye bye, s