Speaker 1: You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Happy Friday, everybody. Hope you have awesome plans this week, and we appreciate you listening. We don't care how you listen. If it's live on the FM dial, if you're streaming on the iHeart app or catching the podcast. We're just glad to have you on board with the weirdest show on the radio. And this segment is brought to you by our friends at Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. This is really cool. It is coming to McKinney. It is going to be out there in twenty twenty six. So but you can secure your suite now. They're redefining the way you experience concerts. You could have the best seat in the house to every single show every time. You could own a private luxury fire pit suite to every concert that ever comes through. You own it or join the exclusive Apman club out there. For more information on this, go to Sunset Texas dot com. That's Sunset Texas dot com. All right, we should probably put a bow in our Luca talk for the week. Obviously, he returns to square off against the MAVs. Emotions are high the entire world is reacting to this. You know, there's so much video out there of Luca crime, so much commentary. People are talking about, is this the worst trade in the history of humanity? Look how badly he wanted to stay here. There's so much going on with this mav season, and MAVs still have two more games to go Raptors at the AAC tonight and then Sunday the final game of the year, afternoon game at Memphis, and then MAVs will be in the play in. But let's put a bow on all the Lucas stuff because there was some JJ Reddick audio that we wanted to get to.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: This is right right after the game. I don't know if he did this before or after. Luca had to talk. Usually the coaches go before the players. Coaches go first.
Speaker 2: So this is him talking about Luca.
Speaker 4: The moment with a tribute video, him sitting by himself and getting to actually live that and live in the moment and allowing himself to be vulnerable and his teammates support. Some of his teammates got emotional, some of the coaches got emotional.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful moment.
Speaker 2: I thought the video was great.
Speaker 4: But I think just his ability to then go perform lights turn on. You know, he's teary eyed, to have the emotional resolve to then go put on that kind of performance. It's superhuman speak time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna tell you my first reaction, and then I'm gonna come down and be a normal person.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm trying to be less cynical as I get older. Are you that old? The first thing I thought, because.
Speaker 3: I'm you know again, I've told you guys have been just avoiding Lakers content the first thing I wanted to say, and I like JJ Riddick, Easy, dude, it's not like he stopped a moving train. Superhuman superhuman? My ass, what's a superhuman? They have superhuman powers? That was interesting, I said. Now, then I slept on it and was like, yeah, you're a jerk, Kevin.
Speaker 1: I love JJ Reddick. I loved his podcast. I love listening to him speak. I love the way he breaks down the game, and I thought that was incredible. He's smart, incredibly articulate, he shows class.
Speaker 2: I just I love him, and.
Speaker 1: That's right on par for him to be able to see that and break that down. I think he and Luca have a phenomenal relationship. They had one before he was his coach, and I just look at the way he's breaking all that down and I'm like, he's a special dude. I think he's I think he's my favorite coach in sports, in all of sports.
Speaker 5: Well, my thought on it, Kevin, with your so called opinion, is that before the game, and I might have said it on this show, or maybe I said it on our podcast, I don't know, but I did say, there's no way Luca has one of those big offensive games take the under, and if he actually does get over thirty, that's gonna be one of the most extraordinary individual performances you've ever seen, not only because of everything that goes into it, but everything that happened in the four and five days leading up to it that would emotionally wear you down. And then I think when Luca confided to everybody that he's dealing with that video and he's considering at that moment, I don't know how literal he's being, but he's like, I can't play this game. I think underscores what JJ's talking about. And you know he says in that clip to be there and experience it in real time. He's saw about himself and he's talking about being in awe because he played at a very high level and so understanding what it takes to go and perform, like you know, it's different coaching than playing obviously, but he had the deal where he lost his home and the fires, and so like anytime I even think about for the Mavericks, you know, one of the reasons they won the finals is because pau Gasol had a lot of stuff going on in his personal life and couldn't play like he played. But he wasn't there and so you know, when we're criticizing people, which we all have our right to do, right, that's our entertainment, and we can well, this guy sucked and all this stuff, you never really know what's going on in a person's personal life. And I just think that I was just so blown away by that performance because I expected him to struggle emotionally to where it would impact the game, and he admitted that he was struggling emotionally and was able to completely compartmentalize it and go for forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he was going to have a big game because he'd already won like he had already won. It was a every fan there was screaming for him. It's like, there's nothing to be mad at, really. I mean, you could be mad at losing the money. You could be mad at Jason Kidd or Nico or wherever you choose to be mad at. But I do. I think it's a great point of just how do you maintain focus and go play in an NBA game after dealing with that seconds before you hit the court. And look at Lebron James, arguably the best player to ever play one of them. He shows up four hours early and goes through this whole routine to get in the right mode. And then in those moments when he's on the bench before the game starts, he kind of meditates. He's in his own zone. And I saw a fan go up and tap him on his knee because they were sitting really close to him, and he almost lost his mind. He's like, how are you gonna tap me? During the touch me, I'm like zoning in on the you know, And here Luca is crying, with this whole career flashing before his eyes.
Speaker 2: Just goes out there and drops forty five like it's nothing.
Speaker 5: Man, I can't believe someone would have the audacity to touch a player before a game when their eyes were closed. Yeah, that person should be I don't care who they are. It can be my mom. That person should be ejected and never let anywhere near a bench again. Thinking that you can touch a player when their eyes are closed, My god.
Speaker 2: People are entitled asses.
Speaker 3: The fans really need to be that close to the court, like on the court, I mean they are right in the It's very strange how crowded it is right around the player's bench.
Speaker 2: It is indeed