Speaker 1: Phoning in. We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now. This is Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 2: On Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here.
Speaker 2: He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and.
Speaker 1: Post game at follow Adam a Adam Mosley. Kawhi Leonard plays both games of a back to back for the first time in over a year, and the Clippers sweep the back to back here at into a Dome over the Dallas Mavericks as they win tonight one thirty five to one oh four. Welcome into Clippers stock. I'm Ada Moslin coming up. We'll get your phone calls eight sixty six ninety eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy Hanging out with you guys for another forty minutes here. The Clippers have four games left in the regular season. They've won four straight. They've won fourteen of seventeen. They have won eleven of their last twelve. Hear it into a Dome. They are primed for a deep playoff run, but there's still work to be done that involves getting out of the play in, starting on Tuesday night against San Antonio, another must win game, but they all are right now. And for the Clippers to win in this fashion that they have been just handling business left and right, beating bad teams to this extent, winning by thirty one, it's just really impressive and speaks to the professionalism of this team and the laser focused they have down the stretch, knowing what the stakes are in their mind. Seems like the playoffs have already started. They're getting up for these games. They're playing their best basketball. That first quarter was one of the best opening quarters I had seen from them this season. Remember, Anthony Davis was back tonight in this game, and ad is a problem. Don't forget that he had twenty seven. He had thirteen free throws. Yea, the Dallas Mavericks had thirty eight. That is an opponent season high. By the way, how nobody missed two in a row in the fourth quarter with all those free throws for them, I'll never understand. It could have been free chicken for everyone here. But Anthony Davis ended up with twenty seven and nine. Did have six turnovers. But I loved the way the Clippers came out, and to me, it was Kawhi when he is active defensively early, everybody falls in line. He got a hand on the basketball with Derek Lively with it, but the ball went out on the Clippers anyways, but it happened within the first couple minutes. I said, Okay, Kawhi is locked in. Is everyone else gonna follow suit? Zuke gets a bucket from James Harden and gets another. That would be a theme in this ballgame, as he went eleven for eleven, but Kawhi actually started somewhat slow offensively. He missed a layup going out Anthony Davis and then missed the tip in, so he goes zero for two there, but after a hard and three put him up eleven to eight early in the first quarter. Then a timeout was called. Then it's Kawhi left. He layup thirteen nine Clippers bullies PJ and then Anthony Davis came to help out. Didn't matter, right handed flip shot fifteen to nine. Harden full court passed to Kawhi for a dunk seventeen to nine. Kawhi would miss a runout for a dunk later in the second half after he had a steal by the way, but they go on a twelve zero run after a Norman pal three pointer as Spencer didn't we got called for a carry by the way, which you don't see very often the Clippers, though Kawhi throws a noop to a Visa Zubos in the first quarter. They're up twenty seven to thirteen. They're just so dialed in on both ends. Everything's working, and they led after one after a James Harden layup to end the first quarter thirty three to twenty one. You get up by twelve in the first twelve minutes, you're in good shape. Just such a near flawless opening quarter for the Clippers. I felt like considering Ad was cooking to start, Anthony Davis was getting some buckets for them. They have their leader back, they're getting to the free throw line, and the Clippers are still up twelve heading into the second quarter. In the second we get the Bogee Simmons DJ but toom with Kawhi leading them line up. Clippers got up thirty seven to twenty four after a Bogie threw a lob to Derek Jones Junior, wouldn't be the last one of those. But then Kawhi started to cook again. A fade away over Caleb Martin thirty nine to twenty six, Clippers, A Kawhi three, forty two to twenty nine. A Kawhi layup.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: It is incredible to see the scoring appetite that Kawhi Leonard has right now. Now he's playing with such force, getting into the paint, getting to his spots, and there's nothing you can do to stop him. But he is looking to score early and often in a way he just wasn't earlier in the season. Kawai steal Kawhi three, forty five to thirty three. Kawhi fade away on PJ forty seven to thirty five. Kawai, who it beats the Zubats, Now he's gotta pass it. Two lefty hook shot forty nine to thirty seven. Kawhi is controlling the game and getting everybody involved too. Like it's one thing to score and just look for your own, but then when those doubles start coming, you gotta find the open man. Kawhi ended up with ten of his eighteen points of the half in that second quarter. Eight points in the first quarter ten points in the second quarter balance scoring from him. I don't know if I expected him to be this good in his first back to back. I would say, if anything, he looked sharper and maybe that's part of the reason he wanted to play and has one to play in these back to backs for a while. But you gotta handle it with caution because he knows he'll still be in rhythm from the night before, He'll still have his timing out there. He didn't look tired whatsoever. Now he only had to play twenty four minutes last night and only twenty five tonight, But Kawhi looked remarkable. Just you're in awe watching this guy and just seeing shades of Jordan and MJ special players say the least. But when he's healthy in looking like this, Yeah, now he looks like a top five player in the league. Again, that's what we were waiting for. Right Kawhi has hit the gas. Kawhi found that extra gear. He is right back to where he was last season. And I thought that was the best version, scoring wise of Kawhi. I know that's crazy to say. Some people are gonna say, what about the twenty nineteen row with the Toronto Raptors. Yeah, it was maising, but it's not like he hasn't kept working on his and getting more refined. Twenty twenty one, he was even more efficient before he went down to acl in the playoffs. I fully believe if he doesn't go down the Clippers winning the championship, then has a year off, comes back and on his way leading into the playoffs against Phoenix in twenty twenty three, I thought again, Okay, this is the best version of Kawhi. Look how efficient he is. He just keeps getting better. It's incredible because you would think these injuries would set him back so much, and he hasn't even been able to train the same way coming off the latest knee flare up from last season, He's had to ramp down on the training. He's had to just figure it out in game to get his time back there. So it took more games for him to get into the flow that he was in last season. But he's there now because last season. Again, comes back from the meniscus after the Phoenix series twenty twenty three and has the most efficient stretch in NBA history over a thirty game sample size, where he shot fifty seven to fifty two ninety splits. That was the best offensive version I've ever seen of him. And now go look at his last ten to fifteen games. He's right there again. It's just it's incredible. Clippers at the half, after getting those ten points from Kawhi in the second quarter, lead sixty one to fifty two. I thought there was a little bit of a missed opportunity while Harden got a floater to go, a couple of them to go at the end of the second quarter. It felt like with Kawhi off the floor near the end of the second the Clippers let things get a little bit too close. Nazi Marshall made it fifty seven to forty, and they're only up by nine at the half. But then you come out and just feature Zoo. I'm sure coach Lou had the halftime box score in his hand and maybe said, Okay, let's see here. Aviza zubots is five for five. They can't stop him, they can't do anything with him. Maybe we should get him the basketball. And he gets a tough layup on Derek Lively coming out of the half in the third quarter. Then Norm was able to get an easy one in transition, driving the lane for a scoop layup, another Zoo layup, sixty seven fifty two. Okay, now they're gonna open it up. A Zoo push shot, and then Kawhi the steel on Anthony Davis, but missed the dunk. On the other end, Dallas was trying to hank tough. They scored five straight. It's a nine point game again. James Harden floater and he had it going. James Harden been much more efficient ass of late ten of nineteen twenty nine points, fourteen assists, two turnovers. You're seeing it. It's the Kawhi effect. Bogie too, another guy taking him off ball, saving his legs. But Kawhi, it's Kawhi. He's having to do work, not nearly as hard as he had to earlier in the season. James Harden, I'll put it like that. Zuke gets an a one in the third. Now he's nine for nine. MAV's still trying to hang around Lay. Thompson hits a three pointer. Kawhi was a little bit late on that close that I believe. Then Kawhi is a steal on ad as he was trying to handle it or hand the ball over two Klay Thompson. Clippers are up by twelve, Norm Jumper up by fourteen, and by the time Kawhi hits a three pointer to make it eighty four to sixty nine, He's got twenty five points in twenty two minutes. Hard and layup eighty six to sixty nine. Then Kawhi plays some incredible defense on PJ. Washington, who was trying to bully him. That's not gonna happen. Dunn ends up ripping it away and then found Kawhi running the floor for a two handed dunk. They said Chris Dunn was out of bounds initially with his right foot. They reviewed it. Now there was some space there between his white shoe and the white base line. The dunk counts for Kawhi, so you can add on where was he at By the end of the third quarter. I believe the Clippers were up yes one oh five to eighty two, and now Kawhi is at twenty seven points. Nine more points in the third James Harden though in that third quarter he was doing some work too. He had ten points in the third quarter. It's just all systems go. Everything is working, They're coming together at just the right time. We've said this before. But the hope is obviously from everyone. Kawhi can just stay healthy. That's it. All I need is a healthy Kawhi in a seven game series, and you can beat anyone. That's what this is about. The Clippers would open things up in the fourth quarter. I was surprised Kawhi was still out there. They're up by twenty three. He's played twenty three minutes. It's his first back to back. Got bowed by Anthony Davis to start the fourth hit a couple of free throws, but toom hits a three. It's one ten to eighty four. Ben Simmons gonna pushot over Derek Lively for good measure one twelve to eighty four. And then the Derek Jones junior reverse layup in traffic that was tough. After he had the reverse oop off a hardened pass in the third quarter, the reverse jam where he got up and remember early on in the game he went to the locker room. I was concerned Derek Liveley kind of unintentionally took out his legs. He was down for a second. He played the next possession, but after a time out he went to the locker room. I'm going on no, not DJ. We had another scare with Norn Powell get in need a Charlie horse maybe, but saw him on the stationary bike at the very end of this game. Even though obviously Clippers got to bring in the backups, the reserves, they called in the cavalry because they led by as many as thirty two. They win one thirty five to one oh four over the Dallas Mavericks. Here It into it Home. They sweep this two game mini series. Coming up. We'll get to your phone calls, Mike Allen Aria, We'll get to you next. Here on Upper Stalk only have five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: The El Lague Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one thirty five to one oh four over the Dallas Mavericks. Here It into a Dome. Welcome back in to Clippers Stock. I'm outa Moslin. Yes, all they do is win. Right now, they have won fourteen of their last seventeen, four in a row. With four games left in the regular season, They're back here at the Dome in a couple of days. Tuesday night against the San Antonio Spurs. Kawhi Leonard plays his first full back to back. Available on the front end of it, available on the back end of it. He's been saying he's available for a while. They let him play this back to back and he looked spectacular. Twenty nine on nineteen shots. He goes twelve of nineteen from the field sick boards. His rebounding is really underrated and especially needed for this Clippers team, as they outrebound Dallas again forty five to forty one, three assists, he leads them to the plus minus. He's a plus twenty seven. Kawhi is just He's Kawhi. He's right back to where he was last season when I thought it was the best version of him. It's still there. Remember remember Toby, there was no structural damage. It was swelling, a flare up that kept him out of the playoffs. He did have to go under the knife again for whatever you want to call it cleanup. I don't know. All I know is this. A healthy Kawhi Leonard is one of the greatest basketball players in the history of this game. And a healthy Kawhi Leonard can lead you to a championship. And everyone's starting to recognize now national media wise that this Clippers team is that dangerous. Credit Steve Balmer. You're putting the right people in charge. Lawrence Frank cooked this offseason and during the season, bringing in Vogue Don Bogdanovich, who has been shooting fifty from three over his last twenty games, and he was once, you know, one of two from three tonight. That was a great move. A lot of people had first questioned it, how about now, but this team treading water and then some without Kawhi to give him enough time to hopefully be peaking right before the playoffs start and hopefully not a play in but a playoff series for the Clippers. Credit James Harden. It beats Zubos, Norman Powell holding it down. Just so many guys on this team, the coaching staff, everybody gets to this point where right now it feels like some masterful planning from this Clippers team with Kawhi and everything, how they've treated the situation like he is exactly where you want him to be at this time of the season, and that ultimately is going to decide the clippers fate. If you got a healthy Kawhi and no just a healthy Kawhi, but a Kawhi Leonard that is in rhythm like this. Yes, nobody wants to see this Clippers team in a seven game series. Coach lu said postgame after Kawi's first back to back set of the season, quote, he performed good twenty nine on twelve nineteen shooting. I would say in twenty five minutes, yes, Coach Lou, he performed good. He performed well out there, he cooked. Let's go to Mike in La. Mike, quickly, you got thirty seconds here on Clippers stock.
Speaker 4: What's up, hey, Adam. You know, for all the people who said before the season that we're going to finish thirteenth in the West and whatever, I am loving with. This is just awesome and you're absolutely right, Kawhi is looking phenomenal. I just hope that you know, zoo and hard and get some real consideration for some All NBA, you know, awards for you know, third team All NBA or something at the end of the season, because yeah, they deserve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this Clippers team, they have a lot of guys that should be up for awards. I appreciate the phone call, Mike. I'm trying to give them their flowers now because they put themselves in a situation where they win their last four games, they'll be out of the play in into the playoffs, and they will have hopefully the best offensive version of Kawhi Leonard we have seen. And that's that's what you need. You need stars. You need superstars in this league to perform at the highest level, and we have all the faith in Kawhi Leonard to be able to do that. Alan and Silverlake. Alan, you're on Clipper stop without.
Speaker 5: A Mazzle, Adam. This is what championship teams look like. You have a dominant center, you have a superstar playing well, you have a smothering defense, you have shooters coming off the bench. It's just it is very exciting, you know. And the only thing I didn't like today tonight, and you said something about it, is I do not know why Kawhi started that fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. I'll tell you why they started the fourth quarter, Allen, And I'm pretty positive about this. Coach Lou wanted him to get more reps next to this lineup that they've been using to start second and fourth quarters over the last couple of weeks that has been good. He wants to see more data from it with him next to Bogie, buttoom DJ and Ben Simmons. That seems to be the set second unit lineup lineup led by Kawhi Leonard. And I think that's all that was.
Speaker 5: I thought the same thing. But you know, you just when you see norm get need like that and you just think it's you know, even so, it's just it's always a gammible every second on an NBA court, you just that's fair.
Speaker 1: But you know, just look, look, I mean I tweeted it. I was like, they're up twenty three Cohi? Is it twenty three minutes on his first second out of a back to back in over a year. That's maybe just no one to fold him here, and we're good. We're good. Uh, But I get like they do need reps. They do. Like the reason they're playing so well right now is because they have been getting those consistent reps. So it's kind of hard to argue with it in some ways.
Speaker 5: Look, it's it's very exciting if it all. You know, if Zoom makes his shots, he doesn't make them every night, and and I agree, if they're in a seven game series, you know you're worried about the plan because it's you know, one team can get.
Speaker 1: Inspired if who makes a shot night, but.
Speaker 5: Zoo, honestly, I mean, I know he makes. This just seems like he has yet every night's great with him, but there's some nights that just seem like, you know, they're the I guess I'm dissatisfied with anything except one hundred percent shooting from him, I guess, is all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that's a little bit unfair. Okay, go eleven of eleven from the field, but he's one of the most efficient players in the league. He's at sixty two percent from the field. I don't think worried about Zoo if he's making his shots or no. I was like, if he getting shots is the only question.
Speaker 5: That's true. And you know, if he did have to pick apart one other thing, it still seems like they haven't perfected the entry pass into him.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because they double so much now as part of the problem. Like they were doubling when Kay Jones was on him in the second half. They would throw a double each in every time. But I appreciate the phone call Allen because of each Zoo bots is like that now. But yeah, Visa Zubats, by every metric, is one of the most efficient players in the league. I never worry about it Visa Zubas making shots. I worry about him getting enough. And tonight in this game, he only got eleven, but he made all eleven. He made the most of his opportunities. Aria and San Diego, Ario, you're on Clipper staff without a muscle.
Speaker 3: Say what's up, Adam. I'm just really happy as a fan to just, you know, see, like we had a big lead in this game against the mass and I'm just happy to see that they finally just didn't blow the lead, because what's been happening a lot this season is that we've blown lots of twenty point leagues to like the Pacers or a lot of other teams. So I'm just really happy to see that they kept the league and just played great. And it's just good to see Kawhi just playing like his eventure, the vintage Claw. I mean, in his last couple of games, he's just been great offensively and defensively. I mean he's getting to his spots and like at the beginning, at like when he came back, he was really only just shooting three. Then I like that now he's just getting to his spots and it's just helping this team. And with all the playoff seatings going around, it's Minnesota winning, Memphis winning Golden State.
Speaker 1: I here are you making some great points. I appreciate the phone call. I got to take a quick time out here, but yeah, the Clippers have blown some big leads this season. Uh you mentioned the Pacers game, the Sun's game up by twenty three. Lately, though, they are slamming the door and that is really good to see. And those are the type of positive habits from a team that has been building those good habits and patterns and traits over the last couple of weeks now, and it's like, what we got to understand is Kawhi has only played well around thirty games this season. Okay, well about half of those now have been the real version of Kawhi off of minutes restriction, basically since the start of March. So when you're judging this team and you're looking at their record or you're looking at the numbers, they've only been whole for about fifteen games with Kawhi at the peak of his powers again no longer on a minutes restriction, and so you have to add that context in, like, this is what they were counting on happening, and we have reached that point with four games left in the regular season. They're absolutely peaking and showing who they can be now healthy with Kawhi Leonard back and working out those kinks in the offense and working out defensive responsibilities out there. Now this team is jelled. Now they've gotten enough time with this Kawhi to make it all work. Clippers win one thirty five to one oh four over the Dallas Mavericks. Quick time out. I'm at a Maslin. You're listening to Clipperstock here in AMPI seventy L Sports, the.
Speaker 2: L Plague Clippers. You're listening to LA Clippers Basketball. Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Clippers with thirty one assists on fifty four main shots and a season high eighty points in the paint as they win one thirty five to one oh four over the Dallas Mavericks and Kawhi plays both games of the back to back. Here at into a Dome passes this test with flying colors. It looks like twenty nine points on twelve of nineteen shooting in twenty five minutes for Kawhi Leonard, Welcome back in Slipperstock. I'm at a Moslin with you for about another ten minutes. Here eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy eight ninety seven two five seventy. Here was James Harden on the Clippers this year versus last year. Postgame, he said, quote, it's just different. It's just different, different team. We got guys that know their role and know what they're supposed to be doing consistently on a night tonight basis from the beginning of the season. It's just a different team. The follow up was what makes it different? Quote personnel? You guys know, you know the players we had last year. Well, then, I don't know if that's another addition by subtraction type of comment. I don't know if that's directed at anyone Russ or Paul George. But you guys know, you know the players we had last year. It's just a statement of fact. I think obviously it's a different team. So I'm not going to read too much into it till I hear it and we can review it tomorrow on Clippers Talk. We'll have an episode for you guys of course we'll play all the postgame audio and maybe I need to hear the tone there from James Harden. But it's been an edition by subtraction. How can you argue? How can you argue with that? With the year Enormous had, with the year of eats the Zubos's had, this just doesn't happen. If Paul George is still here with the Clippers, He's still an all time Clipper.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's been unfortunate how bad things have been for the Philadelphia seventy six ers this season. But for the Clippers, the plan came together, build a defensive identity and then have James Harden's system get them by till Kawhi comes back offensively. It's worked. Clippers win one thirty five to one oh four over Dallas, quick time out. We'll come back. We'll close things out here and into it. As the Clippers have won fourteen of seventeen. I'll see if some of the advanced metrics have updated on NBA dot Com to see where we're at during that time. Now I'm out a Mosland and you're listening to Clippers hock here on the M five seventy Sports throws it up the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 2: This is your home for the LA Clippers.
Speaker 1: LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio WIP.
Speaker 1: Clippers win one thirty five to one oh four over the Dallas Mavericks. Hear it into it Dome. Last four games, opponents have shot under thirty percent from three against the Clippers. They almost hold another opponent under one hundred. They've done it twenty times so far this season. So I was just running the numbers. The Clippers have won fourteen of their last seventeen games, so I wanted to see where they were an offensive rating and defensive rating during that time. Over the last seventeen games, second best offense in the league to the Boston Celtics. The other teams around them, Houston, they've been playing great Minnesota. Okay, see it makes sense. There's your top five offenses over this stretch last seventeen games. Defensively, Clippers also second best in the defensive rating department, only behind Oklahoma City, the best defense in the league, and they are a problem on that end. Tagus and Walnut, you got thirty seconds before we get out of here. Dajus, what's up, Adam?
Speaker 6: I told you after the Pelicans game, I'm the only one who put it out there. I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kawhi played back to back.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: Tagus was right. Tag just said he wouldn't be surprised if Kawhi played the back to back. I said, I wouldn't be surprised either, but we also both agreed it would be unlikely. But I'm gonna give it to you, Tajus. That was a good call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, you know I put it out there. Maybe when we in the playoffs, I'll put something out there, maybe about hanging in the banner. But let's see. Other than that, I think that, you know, I'm waiting for that Kawhi and Norm to play together, like where Kawhi and Norm had that breakout game. We're still waiting on that. Hopefully we get that before the end of the year.
Speaker 1: And the game in New York was pretty strong between Kawhi and Norm. But I get what you're.
Speaker 5: Saying, Yeah, we need more of those.
Speaker 6: And you know what was funny is like a few weeks, like two or three weeks ago, when we were the nationally televised game and san Van Gundy, you know, aka Master of Panic, said that Kawhi was a liability on defense and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, was a liability on defense A couple.
Speaker 6: Of weeks ago, yes, yes, three weeks ago about he said he was a liability on defense. He said it a few times and I was surprised, and I'm like, he's just got back give him some time. And right now he's looking like a you know, he can make the All NBA defensive teams the way he's playing. So oh yeah, I wanted to put out there you just say that for sure.
Speaker 1: I appreciate one last thing.
Speaker 6: Hurry and no, that's it, Adam.
Speaker 1: Got you appreciate the phone call. Yeah, Kawai has been playing at an all NBA level recently defensively, and I would say it's been about the last ten games. That last game of the road trip where they were in Atlanta, that was the turning point to me from him defensively on Dyson Daniels. He showed some really good defense. He had five steals in that game and he was moving different out there. Ever since then, Kawhi has looked I'm not saying defensive player of the Year. Kawhi on defense, but all NBA level of defender out there, I would definitely give him that. And he had three steals tonight against the Dallas Mavericks. He plays both games with the back to back, and he looked better and stronger in this one than last night's game. Last night he goes eight of seventeen and twenty four minutes for twenty points. Tonight he goes twelve nineteen in twenty five minutes for twenty nine points. I'll tell you very good signs here from Kawhi Leonard Now. I was always just pray that he wakes up the right knee feels good and we move with two days off, have we taking on San Antonio back here on another back to back, the final one of the season. They're seventeenth back to back San Antonio Tuesday here and into a dumb Rockets on Wednesday. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seman, know what ego, Carlo Jimenez, big Brother, Jake Warner special, thanks to him twenty five years in the business today and business is good with Big Bro back in Burbank, Daniel West Big thanks to our producer there, the callers, the listeners, the chatters. We'll talk to you guys tomorrow on the YouTube side at Clipperstock. I'm Madame Moslin. Talk to you. Then.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 1: Clippers Talk Baby,