Speaker 1: Good time for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with attorney Jeff Kaufman on one w JR R.
Speaker 1: We are Orlando's rock station. Jeff Kaufman has settled into position here from Kaufman and Lynn, Good morning, sir, morning, gentlemen. It's good to be back.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you guys are nice and rested and ready to take on the end of the year.
Speaker 1: How was the Thanksgiving? It was good?
Speaker 3: It was good, had turkey, happy, you know, around good people.
Speaker 1: You went to Vegas, we freeze. You went to Vegas. You went to Vegas for Thanksgiving? Yeah? Why not? Wouldn't you if you're goold?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess, Hey, choice man, Just.
Speaker 2: Tell the family. Hey, guys, sorry, won't be here head in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Hey, everyone got taken care of that.
Speaker 1: Hey, we were joking about this earlier. Do you see an uptick in personal injury stuff after Thanksgiving weekend to come into the office.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, everything slows down a little bit because everyone's taking care of business. They're all getting ready for the holidays, they're all taken off. Everything slows down at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: There's this time out with Thanksgiving mishaps, you know, with knives and turkey friars and crease and just you know forks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every time I see a video with a turkey blowing up, I just I just have to say, Hey, there were so many videos out there.
Speaker 1: Just watch one of them.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: On a serious note, here, so did his own green egg this year.
Speaker 2: On a serious note, Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Big news with this, uh, President Biden pardoning his son Hunter of unconditional pardon on the tax and gun charges which he was scheduled to be sentenced on here coming up. So that's all gone away now. I just I guess you can't take I guess you can't take the high road. Thumb days where where does which? Biden said he wasn't going to do that. That's that's what's got everybody's attention now. IM so surprised in all honesty. Look, look, and some of you may be stunned. I'm even gonna say this. I would have done it if I was him. It's your kid, what he said as a father. As a father, I did it. And you know what, I can say what I want, but we all would do the same thing. You know, I got a shovel in the back of the car and a boat in the marina. You know, your kid has a problem. You gotta take care of business.
Speaker 2: And then if you get pulled over with said shovels, not my legal advice, Okay, people, there's a.
Speaker 1: Pardon, like a holdover from like British rule times where the king could be I have you know, uh, you know hardened you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a checks and balance the system that exists in our government. Every every group has a way to get around the other one. For example, if a bill or a law is wrong, the courts can overturn it. Basically, you know, the president can do certain things, you know, for example, but he very important though it only involves federal crimes, right, okay, it doesn't involve state issues, so he can't like pardon himself.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I was just curious, there was It was interesting that that landed on Sunday night after a long holiday weekend. It was very buried in the news. I told you it was going to happen. Oh sure, you know, sure that could have told you what was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Like you said, it was buried on a Sunday night, But it does. It's all over the news.
Speaker 1: Too. Of course it's going to be. I mean, and the story is not that he did it, it's that he said he wasn't going to Ah And as Jeff said, oh soccer big shot saying one thing and doing a next shot. Politician says something across the borders. Every time you turn around, this happens. And I mean, I was just watching the Prime Minister of Canada, you know, having having lunch with Trump yesterday. Oh he showed up in mar A Lago on a Friday night. Yeah. Isn't it funny when you have a threat of tariffs thrown at you, how you might all of a sudden show up with some concern that you know.
Speaker 3: I just hope the war's end. I mean, that's all. My concern is the Israel over an Israel over the Ukraine. I just wanted to stop.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, Back to the pardon thing, I would have dumped that some bitch on a Sunday and on Thursday, thanks Giving Day he.
Speaker 3: Can technically dumped it on his way out the door and not have to put up with it for the next a month and a half. Yeah, I would have. I would have gone, hey, let me. They normally wait till like the last day. But I guess he was might might have been sentenced in scentari he wanted to make sure Christmas went okay in his household.
Speaker 1: You know, the sentencing was coming up.
Speaker 3: So it makes I mean, I'd be waiting on it.
Speaker 1: I'd wait till like the last day. I might have held out. But again, think what you want as a parent, I would have done the same thing he said it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the big joke. The hard thing is this is that you know, we've been taught to lie. Every politician was taught to lie. Now, I mean, that's just the way it works. And people are going to listen to me. They're going, Jeff, this is ridiculous. It's the truth. You know, when Nixon got burned, that was the last time we expected a politician not to lie. We're going to kick you out of office for Lyne. And then after that it was like I didn't inhale and then we all have been kicking the can down the road. And it was the dress, you know, Yeah, I mean his father in law. Let me think Carter, uh, his brother in law, his brother in law.
Speaker 2: Everyone does that get into these questions, some questions out for Kaufman.
Speaker 1: This one just came in.
Speaker 2: Brother in law is in the hospital, hospital keeps screwing up. Need a good medical attorney, any recommendations.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, malpractice. That's what you're saying. They're committed malpractice. I mean, they're not being unreasonable. I mean in this terms. You know, we know what we're talking about. Pat and I talked about this all the time. The deal is this, you have to show that they that they were not acting reasonable to somebody in their field, and that that unreasonable behavior caused your brother in law's injury. You know, hospitals are tough. They got a million people in there. And I can tell you this, I wouldn't want to be a nurse or doctor.
Speaker 1: Now. Now this sounds like from the question that the patient's already in the hospital and they have concerns with how the hospital is.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no way you can. You can't just hire. The issue you're saying right now is is that we want somebody to make sure everything is done right. There's no attorney that does that. If your brother in law is injured or something else like that because of it, then you hire a malpractice attorney.
Speaker 2: That It's just like you always say, you know, it's hard to do it to get one doctor to go against the other. Rich from Lakeland. Here, I am not a felon, nor do it, nor did I lose my rights? I had a felony adjudication. How long do I have to wait before I can buy a gun?
Speaker 3: Al When he says I am not a felon, You've been adjudicated of a felony, That's what that is. I mean adjudication is for the people. Know there are two things they can do. They can withhold adjudication, they can adjudicate well. Withhold is just like saying, hey, we you know, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: How can I put it?
Speaker 3: Just it's happened, but we're not going to count it on the higher level.
Speaker 1: We know you did it. Wink, yeah, wink, We're gonna pardon it.
Speaker 3: What you're dealing with right now is for you to get pardon or clemency or anything else you're asking for, you got to go apply to the governor's office to do that, and it really depends on the crime. Certain crimes they will not pardon, they cannot seal. Then you have to get a pardon from the governor. So in this case, you're going to have to go to the state to get that done. But when you say I'm not a felon, if you are judicated of a felony, you are a convicted felon.
Speaker 2: Somebody texted and said, now Trump can pardon the Tiger king.
Speaker 1: Was that a felony? I don't think. I mean, was it in federal or state? They're just joking, Okay.
Speaker 3: Wife's that's what I think of.
Speaker 2: Wife was offered a salary position where she wouldn't make forty hours a week. If she didn't work forty or she did, it's a tight to text mess up. If she did work forty all the overtime past that would come back as extra PTO? Is that legal to give somebody overtime as paid time off?
Speaker 3: This is not hourly. When they say salaried, it means that you get paid fifty thousand whatever, and you're not working hourly anymore. So there's no hourly on the table anymore. The issue is they could give you more PTO if they consider something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but in the.
Speaker 3: Year sitting for our listeners, there's a difference between salaried and hourly. Hourly means forty hours a week. If you go over, they're responsible to pay you. Sometimes I think it's time and a half. Sometimes it's double, Like if you work at Disney, I think after a certain amount of hours and they times if I too. But the salary if you're salaried, and they say, hey, if you work more than forty we'll give you PTO.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't say a problem. Take it. I'd take it.
Speaker 2: Tell your wife to take it and run. But you don't get you don't get overtime. Here's a medical card question. Do you want to get into that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And it's just sorry.
Speaker 2: There's too many gray areas with the medical power cards. How hard is it to get your record sealed or e sponged? I did one thousand and fourteen day. Wow, one thousand fourteen days in prison? Who's counting? But as December fourth, I.
Speaker 3: Would I'd count every minute, sure, every minute, little scratch marks on the wall.
Speaker 1: I want you to know something.
Speaker 3: It'd be I'd be the Count of Monte Cristo in there trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: How to get out shanking it. I have chips in the wall, dropping rocks out of my leg pipe. It's about it straight through the dudes. Uh, anyway, it'll make twelve years since being out, have not had a single crime committed since, or even a traffic citation. It was in nonviolent crime. Oh, they want to know how to get the record. You gotta go to the governor. There you can, like I said, certain crimes they can't get sealed, and certain crimes in the situation, Uh, you're gonna have to go to the governor.
Speaker 1: And the chances that are minuscule, right, I mean, unless you know somebody who's gonna get gets hard.
Speaker 3: There are attorneys who do that, they specialize in that. But the governor only lets so many people go, and there has to be a good reason. I mean, for example, you've worked hard your whole life and you had this thing happen to you when you're eighteen. You've done so much thing unity, you know, things like that. They just don't give these things out like candy. It's tough. You can get them sealed, certain things to be sealed easy, but the clemency from the governor.
Speaker 1: Nope, one more, we have time for one more, right, yes, do it? Morning?
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, I submitted an HR complaint about being cursed out by a coworker the following Sunday, which I'm guessing is yesterday, was fired. A new schedule comes out without me on it. Because I've apparently been fired with no contact whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Do I have a wrongful termination case? Wrongful termination because you complain that somebody swore at you? Wrongful termination normally applies in situations where they discriminate against you because of your color, creed, you know, religion, things like that.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Because you complain that somebody cussed at you, I don't know if that's wrongful termination. You know, Florida isn't as how can I say it as caring for our employees as most states are, So I don't. I don't think you have a case now if I would contact an employment attorney and mention.
Speaker 1: It, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's I was going to ask an employment attorneys who you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Now if the vulgar display involved something about your religion, your race or now. Now now you're getting yeah into exactly all right? All right?
Speaker 2: If you did. If we did not get to your question, don't worry. I'll pun them out. So you're good there. If you need to get in touch with Jeff directly, Jeff at when you need US dot Com. That's Jeff at when you need US dot com pound five four six on your cell or just give them a call it four zero seven five hundred Jeff, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Anything else you need to share before we wrap her up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see. I think we have a movie in about a week from now. Contact me at Jeff at when youneedis dot com or taking people to the Sony Villain spider Man Villain movie Craven. I believe it is the second week of December.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's Jeff at when you dot com. Give them your name and how many are in your group up to four?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Jeff. Coming up eight o'clock. We'll give you a big concert announcement. Then it's Lynchin Taco's commercial free work day rock Block
Speaker 3: Linchen Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app