Speaker 1: What's up Beck's heads.
Speaker 2: What you're about to listen to is something a little bit different from our usual. There are almost no flags in this. It's a winter holiday themed tabletop RPG adventure which is guided by our past guest Adam aka kick Aciitron if you remember him from early episodes. And what we do in this show is we basically improve our way through a Christmas game with hidden objectives and apparently try and cause as much chaos as we can while doing so. If you like this, I would love for you to listen to our other show, the other show I do with this group called.
Speaker 1: Spooky dice Bag.
Speaker 2: It's basically what you're about to listen to, but with different characters, and it's been going on for years. But in that one, I play an emo changeling called and we are currently trying to get out of a waffle house. If that tells you anything anyway, listen to Spooky dice Bag for more and I will go ahead and let Adam explain the rest.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for listening to the Spooky dice Bag one shot Holiday Special. This year's game is a little bit different. It's a game called Hometown Holiday brought to you this year in two parts because it was a pretty long session. Created by Nick Torvil. It's meant to be a sort of Hallmark Christmas movie style tabletop RPG does have a couple of cool features. First and foremost, you have three stats. You have the stats sweaters for all of your physical tasks, cocoa for all of your sort of mental task, and you have cheer, which helps determine your character's natural charm and general love of the holidays. All roles are made with two D six's and the game has a feature where if you roll doubles there is a plot twist. If you're interested in playing this game and trying it out, it's only five bucks and I will link it in the description of this episode. Please support small game developers as much as you can. Usually these people are just trying to make a couple extra bucks off of a hobby, and it's nice to support them anyway. I would like to thank you for tuning in downloading whatever the Spooky Dice Bag twenty twenty five Holidays special and I really hope you enjoy it. So we open up on the picturesque snow Dust the town of Evergreendale, probably Vermont, but we're not quite sure where. New Vermontshire, New Vermontshire, vermain Evergreendale, New Vermont, England, where the entire town seems to be a big hustle and bustle of activity as the town center, despite its normal looks of being covered in Christmas trees this year is covered in smaller Christmas wreaths and bows in preparation for the big Gingerbread Gala.
Speaker 4: A game of mad libs.
Speaker 5: I love it more like bad libs. Whoa, I will keep this up?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, this is good time. So the day before the gala, everything is getting set up and Douglas Firth, the Christmas tree farmer.
Speaker 4: I've got a shop in town where I sell the trees.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, it's busy setting up the reeds. And we have Terry Singletary walking around with his son Dingles Singletary.
Speaker 5: It was Dingleberry Singletary, correct Dingleberry.
Speaker 1: His middle name has yet to be a re never guess I think I have.
Speaker 4: Sir Dingleberry pie ingle Bird.
Speaker 3: You don't know. Uh is walking around looking at all of the setup for the festivities. Oh wow, with his son.
Speaker 6: Wow, look at this son.
Speaker 1: What's the step they got ponies and everything we have.
Speaker 3: We have Sandra Bullock who is coming in from the big city to see what this whole gingerbread gallo thing is about.
Speaker 6: This is so cheap and low rent.
Speaker 7: I wish I was back in the big city.
Speaker 3: And the two town poltergeists. I guess civil point set at Larch.
Speaker 8: Every holiday story needs one.
Speaker 5: Sigmund large bloody hell nearly sixty years of this God.
Speaker 9: Darling, it's that one hundred Christmas. Try to be happy about it.
Speaker 5: Yes, dear what happened, dear christ.
Speaker 3: Using their extra extra powered corporeal forms to set up the large, single, large Christmas tree that has just grown in the center of town since before they got married.
Speaker 10: Originally they even when they got married.
Speaker 8: You can in question here are we aware that these poultergeist exist and we're just cool?
Speaker 4: Yes you are.
Speaker 3: You aren't totally aware of it. They are members of the town. They are valued, valued members of the.
Speaker 6: Town, specifically Christmas pulter guys.
Speaker 3: They're year round, they're year round poltergeist, but they are specifically very much into Christmas. No no, when they get the most.
Speaker 5: Excited bloody disease trees.
Speaker 9: Darling, study steady the light come.
Speaker 3: On now, and Jacques but is coming into town to sell his wares of winter harvests, including mostly cabbages in the winter. Honestly, there's not a lot of winter winter harvesting to be done.
Speaker 10: I never heard of a greenhouse.
Speaker 4: You do not have them in Perry, Perry.
Speaker 10: I'll sorry, I believe what's French?
Speaker 4: Hey? Jackets? How you doing?
Speaker 11: I am doing?
Speaker 4: I don't speak French?
Speaker 5: Sorry, do you know?
Speaker 10: Patayah yah?
Speaker 6: Take your pans?
Speaker 7: Try to talk back to the Europeans.
Speaker 5: The cabbage man down't a s L biblioteca.
Speaker 3: Anyway. So all of you guys in town, here the inmistakable sound of a small private aircraft making an emergency landing because it's flying too low into the town's airstrip.
Speaker 1: Look, son, it's Harrison Ford.
Speaker 4: And you have a Jones.
Speaker 7: Does the planet successful landing or does the craft landing?
Speaker 3: And the rest of you guys go about your business of setting everything up and at the at the town's airstrip, the one the one attendant of the airstrip greets the one attendant of the airstrip. They greet Charity and Chad from their emergency stop on.
Speaker 10: The plane to kind of say his last day. You gotta say his last day. I put all that effort to do.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Charity Beauregard and Chad money rich around their emergency. From their emergency. Stop. Charity and Chad are met by Miss Hally Thorne. Okay, says oh my god, it's so. I'm so glad that you guys were able to to make that, to make that landed. Okay, the weather's been kind of rough around here, hasn't it.
Speaker 10: Cherry will look at Chad and go. Our landing had nothing to do with whether, did it.
Speaker 3: Honey, I don't know what you're talking about. On it's we just gotta we just gotta refuel, we gotta.
Speaker 10: No, no, this had nothing to do with fuel. And you know it. You threw a tantrum over the brand of caviar. I don't think you even like caviar.
Speaker 3: It's just too salty, you know, like, can't they make an unsalty caviar?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it that much to ask?
Speaker 10: When's the next flight out?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry, darling, there ain't gonna be another flight out of here until well after the Gingerbread Gallo tomorrow. So hopefully you guys can uh can stay inside, stay stay in town. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, our hotel's all booked up. Hopefully hopefully we can uh hopefully we can. We can get you know what you know, I'll let you stay at my house. How does that sound?
Speaker 10: It sounds like no red flag. It all completely and totally fine to stay with this ranger. I accept. Thank you so much for your kindness. I would love to stay with you. You said your name was Holly Thorn. I'm gonna look on my phone for a moment. How do you spell thorn?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, thorn is spelled t h O r n E.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, unrelated and related. I just want to make sure you've you've you've stayed in this town your entire life. Mm hmmm, okay, okay, we'd love to stay with you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: All right, quick background checks mm hmm yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So for this game, I'm gonna have you make make a cocoa check when you're checking your phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you roll above or below?
Speaker 3: You roll the mug and tell me what it is.
Speaker 10: Well, I get to add my cocoa because I get a plus.
Speaker 3: You add your cocoa, so I Cat nine okay. Cool. So a quick Google search for the town of Evergreendale and the last name Thorn brings up a bailed peppermint farm.
Speaker 10: Oh how you feel peppermint? Peppermint grows like weeds.
Speaker 3: Bailed peppermint farm that was bought out by big spice business, but it is still pledgeling called Thorn and Son's Peppermint.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, I'm I feel comfortable staying with a complete stranger in a town that I've had to safe had to land in because my jerk boyfriend decided to throw a fit over caviar. I think this is a good life decision for me, and I'm going to stay at their house.
Speaker 3: Oh han, there's not even gonna be a hot tub. Sucks.
Speaker 10: Well, if somebody didn't throw a temper tantrum over Fitch eggs, this wouldn't be happening. But you know what, I didn't even want to go to Bali. This seems a lot light, nicer and Christmas here than where we were headed. So I'm honestly on board. Get on board.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna go offer the pilot a million dollars and he'll bring us to Bali. It'll be fine.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure the pilot left, but okay, you do that.
Speaker 3: As you say that, you hear the plane taking off of him.
Speaker 10: She'll turn and smile back at Holly, her new friend, and ask her about this gingerbread gallop.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, it's just the best dang thing ever in town. You know, the whole town square gets lit up, and right in the middle we have the rec center, and everybody and their mama just makes gingerbread houses. And then other people come down all from all around. We got people from like two states over, sometimes even three states over, and they come here and they judge our gingerbread houses.
Speaker 10: Can I make one? Can I? Can I make? Can I make a gingerbread house? It's your kitchen. I understand that that you've offered me to stay there, but can I make Can I help?
Speaker 3: Oh? I just want to get some sleep, higher plane and go off the BALI come on, you're ruining my holiday.
Speaker 10: She just kind of ignores him and looks to Holiday to see if she's gonna let you don't have to help. I want to help you to go do whatever you want. I want to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course we can. We can make a make a gingerbread house. Ball. Yeah, yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 10: You can.
Speaker 3: You can sign up as a guest. Usually it's done by like house or something, but we can sign you up as a guest.
Speaker 10: Right, be perfect, very exciting.
Speaker 3: I'll call ahead and have my have my husband put in the gingerbread so that it's nice and warm when it comes out, and start making your house immediately. You know, stick together. It sticks together better when when it's still warm and you can get all the all the icing to kind of melt and stick together so it stays up. It's a structural things.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I hear that using hot sugar like a carameount works even better if you're okay with it and you don't mind potentially losing a pot. I would love to try that method.
Speaker 3: Oh I got a caramel pot. It's fine.
Speaker 10: I'm twice you. Oh my god, I love you. You're you're the beast.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. All Right, So you guys head into you and Chad head into town and you see, uh, you see all these You see a man setting up all the breaths on along the poles heading into the center of town. Uh. You see a butter farmer selling his wares.
Speaker 10: Well, wait, I need I need to know, like is it shaped butter? Is it herbed butter? What kind of butter?
Speaker 4: Butter? Letnuce butter? Butter?
Speaker 10: Letnuce?
Speaker 5: I what if expect your bread and butterdills? Honestly, like, I'm I'm wondering.
Speaker 10: Is it sculptural? Is a sculptural butter?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 11: Are you asking me?
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm wondering. I'm wondering over to the butter farmer and I'm asking, uh uh, tell me about your butter. I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 11: I have butter with a butty you want, I have it. It all comes with a free side of butter, free of charge. I have all kinds of the butter's.
Speaker 5: Not all of it?
Speaker 4: What the South American.
Speaker 10: I was specifically looking for, like a cow shaped like sculptural butter? Do you do you offer sculptural butter sculptures? Or is it is it purely like sticks of butter?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: We have many kinds of butter. But I can garb it for you if you like. It might take me some type.
Speaker 10: I would love to put it in order for a cow butter sculpture if if you're willing to do that, I'll pay extra.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, give me. Do you pick it up tonight?
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm fantastic.
Speaker 8: I'm just pinaturing a wheelbarrow full of loose butter with cabbages stuck in it.
Speaker 5: Does anyone else, Yes, No, the butt.
Speaker 11: You get the butt even if you don't want to.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: So it's like onions that went crystals or white Castle.
Speaker 12: Okay, but this French, but the American French butter is like non consensual butter.
Speaker 1: It's like pepper, but it is.
Speaker 8: Pep okayopreads like the clap, the clap, like crap.
Speaker 5: I thought you're gonna say the clap.
Speaker 4: No, no, the clap.
Speaker 11: I'm very clean French.
Speaker 10: As Charity buys her butter, she does get a little too close to you. She's kind of like looking at your skin and like tilting her head. She's just very very close to you. She's I don't know how you take this, but she's like, I love to order some butter in the shape of a cow.
Speaker 11: He'll be really confused, back up a little and and be He'll that's.
Speaker 3: This interaction is happening, Sandra Bullock. As you're trying to get more information on this festival, you come up to this conversation.
Speaker 7: Uh so, I see that you're selling a bunch of butter and stuff, like how much is that?
Speaker 6: Is it gourmet? Is it artisanal? Or is it you.
Speaker 11: Can get into shape? But I primarily said the cabbages. It's just the betta comes free of charge.
Speaker 6: It but it's a bit exqueeze and you miss Are you buying butter?
Speaker 10: I I am, I am buying butter. I didn't know that I also had to purchase.
Speaker 6: A cabbage, So with a cabbage.
Speaker 10: I hadn't planned on it. But you know, probably just I probably just get it to my wondering boyfriend over there. I'll give it. He can have the cabbage. I want the sculpture. Old butter is what I'm here for.
Speaker 7: That's your boyfriend. Your boyfriend is Chad money Rich. You know, Chad money rich. Yes, my company has been trying to get him to sit down and do an autobiography for years.
Speaker 10: You know what, Chad, Chad, get over here right now.
Speaker 3: Come on, babe, I don't care about butter and cabbage.
Speaker 10: He pushes. She pushes Chad towards Sandra and says, she wants to talk to you about an autobiography. You love to talk about you talk to all Oh about Yeah, I saw.
Speaker 7: That peace on you and Vanity Fair. I thought it was outstanding. You are one of the greatest thinkers of our time. It is so important that my publishing company gets to publish your book.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'd love to. Yeah, yeah, we can go chat.
Speaker 10: Charity is physically pushing Chad towards Sandra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: Let's go to back to my hotel room and chat. They're a little stated setting area. It's a terrible hotel room. Everything shabby and cheap. But the cabbage situation is kind of a deal breaker for me.
Speaker 11: All I like it great, Miss Salad, we good sighted.
Speaker 3: All right, So, as as this conversation is coming to a close, we have Mary, the mayor of the town, standing up on like a podium right in front of the rec center, you know, hitting like the microphone, making the loud uh feedback. Everybody welcome. Tomorrow is the big gingerbread Gala. Hope everybody's ready for that. And there's a big surprise back home after fifteen years in the big city making his app we have Liam Thorne returning to town.
Speaker 9: Honey, Liam's coming back. Why isn't that wonderful.
Speaker 5: Bloody bastard.
Speaker 9: What did Liam ever do to you, darling?
Speaker 5: Look at him, look to the sage.
Speaker 3: So Liam's just like, hey, super excited to be back in town. Uh really, just kind of hoping that we can have a big successful Gingerbread gallop, bring everything back. The reaths look great, and uh yeah, I hope you guys hope it'll have a great time. And he walks away, and Sandra Bullock, as you're walking out, you bump into you bump into Liam as you're walking away with Chad and uh yeah ahead, yeah you guys, you're Mark, and then Cybele and Sigmund we're just kind of following him around. Hey, how's how's it going. What you're new? You're new in town. I don't remember seeing you here fifteen years ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well my parents moved here when they were retired.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go back and talk about this autobiography. H who's this guy? Even he goes to like reach out and shake your hand, The name's Liam. I'll be uh, I'll be here. I'm one of the head judges of the Gingerbread Gala. Do you do you have a did you put a house in this year? For the for the content.
Speaker 6: I didn't do not put in a house this year. I am above it all.
Speaker 3: Ah, I we'll see about that, okay, And then he said, well, well it's been It's been great to meet you, and I hope you have a great time at the at the Gingerbread Gala and whatever's going on here between between you guys.
Speaker 6: You're judging.
Speaker 7: Nice to meet you, Liam, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Mary, what was your I missed your name, but Merry Christmas.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm Sandra Bullock. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh, very nice to meet. Nice to meet, and he'll wander off.
Speaker 7: So Chad, tell me about your latest developments in the business world.
Speaker 6: I heard you, how Marge you're coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. Business world's all about mergers. It's that's really where the money's at, you know, stock options and business and you know it's just it's all very technical.
Speaker 6: That's fascinating. Chad. I want to hear all about it.
Speaker 7: Tell me more because we need insights like yours that are publishing company.
Speaker 3: So you know, sometimes like when a when a big, big company buys a smaller company, like the stocks change, and what you want to do is you want to make sure that your stocks are always going up.
Speaker 6: You know, that's brilliant important.
Speaker 3: It's important to have infinite growth.
Speaker 5: That growth so true. You hear the ghosts somewhere the back behind you go, Yes, like a cancer.
Speaker 9: I've never understood your hatred forlorn. Well, okay, he's a little off put in sometimes, but he's fine. We need to get to our gingerbread house.
Speaker 5: Yes, dear, fine, How are.
Speaker 9: We not going to win with the Rockefeller invention?
Speaker 5: Come on, m good you're going to give them diabetes again?
Speaker 9: And I know it not again?
Speaker 5: Well, what happened last year?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 9: It was more of a hot tag situation. Clos start a cream with a little curdled.
Speaker 5: Alright, it was literally turning in the sugar crystals.
Speaker 9: Woman, Oh it's this time of year.
Speaker 5: You couldn't indulge, indulge that death. We need more ghosting, Well.
Speaker 9: We need more gum drun follow me, come on, come now?
Speaker 3: So, uh, Sybil, you notice a you notice Jacques the butter farmer.
Speaker 1: Can we get Sybil out of the way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Sybil.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, it's Sibyl. You know, like I was just gonna let it go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna regret it later.
Speaker 5: Like the one over the multiple personalities.
Speaker 3: Sybil, you you split off from Sigmund and you head over to the butter farmer Jacques to see if you might have any gum drops or anything to add to your gingerbread house.
Speaker 5: Butter drops, brilliant, brilliant and uh.
Speaker 3: So. Charity is still over there talking about the the It was a cow butter sculpture that she was looking to get anything, So take.
Speaker 4: A menotaur, Seoan.
Speaker 3: Good to see you again.
Speaker 10: That's good, Sean.
Speaker 9: Good to see you again with your whares friend.
Speaker 4: Oh I mean, how are you?
Speaker 9: Oh so good? I'm going for like the two side kisses. I need to do my famous butter cream again this season. You know who I come for. That came out wrong. You have butter.
Speaker 6: I have, but I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 4: I love though, tell me, tell me my love. What do you need?
Speaker 9: I need your creamiest concoction I need to take.
Speaker 3: The ghost is flirting with the butter farmer in front of a new customer. Liam comes up to the group.
Speaker 9: Liam, welcome home, darling. It's been too long, Sybil.
Speaker 3: Oh you haven't left?
Speaker 9: Oh not? How could I leave you? Folks here?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Oh? Curs? Oh?
Speaker 10: Can I see them.
Speaker 3: In shock.
Speaker 9: And who is how are you?
Speaker 3: Oh? I've been doing pretty good. You know. I successfully created an app and it sold to one of those one of those big companies. So I'm just coming back home trying to, you know, set my roots back down. Was this? What's this lovely looking lady right here?
Speaker 9: We're so rude? Hello? Nice? Are you known town?
Speaker 10: I am? I am actually stopping through and we were on our way to Bali, which sounds like a driving way to spend the holidays when we happen to land here, and I just love this town. It's precious and I can't wait to make a gingerbread house for the gingerbread Gala.
Speaker 9: Oh somebody's guest, darling? Love it for you? Nope? So this is our This is our Liam, a prodigal son. So what is this app?
Speaker 3: Darling? Oh? Well the app I created? It's very interesting. So what you do is you wrap a Christmas present right, and you take a picture of it, and we wrote a program that let you that will tell you the best bow, the best tags, and the best ribbons to put on your present so it looks perfect on Christmas morning.
Speaker 10: You created perfect rap?
Speaker 3: I did? I created perfect rap.
Speaker 10: My life has changed since perfect rap.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm so happy to hear that. That's great.
Speaker 10: I have to shake your hand, and she's like, I have to shake your hand. I cannot thank you enough for how amazing, because you know, I get I'm terribly indecisive when it comes to my gift rapping. I want the perfect bow and I'll look at a bunch of them. And it's so nice to have my wrapped present take a picture of it and it knows exactly which boe I need, and I thank you so much. Revolutionary.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad it worked out. Unfortunately, we sold it to you know, the world's largest wrapping company, actually the world soldiers Christmas Wrap Company, and uh, they're they're trying to kill it because they want people to just buy all of the bows and try them out so they can make more money. Actually, so unfortunately it's going to be going away. Just don't update your app, okay, and and the rest should work mine.
Speaker 10: Well, that's awful. Is there a way to save it?
Speaker 3: I mean they bought they bought everything, they bought the rights, they bought all of it. I guess we could we could make our own, all right, Me and my team we could we go around and make our own, but it's it's going to be an uphill, uphill journey for that, because you know, we can't make it look too much like the other one or else. Still, they'll shut us down.
Speaker 12: Look, son, a cheese shopow dad, that's really good.
Speaker 1: To looks like they got cabbage too.
Speaker 12: Oh hey, it seems like we're all meeting up here.
Speaker 1: Huh you like the cabbage?
Speaker 9: Oh, Terry, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Oh, good to see you as well.
Speaker 3: Sybil.
Speaker 4: Who's the stinky frenchman? Susan? Wah, yeah you.
Speaker 11: I said, I said the cabbage, and you get but the French.
Speaker 5: But the I like the child.
Speaker 12: He said, Now, Son, you can be a little bit more cutting than that.
Speaker 1: Next time.
Speaker 4: I know you can't.
Speaker 8: He's gonna grab a handful of butter and throw it. Let's se who's gonna throw it at? Who's gonna throw at the ghost?
Speaker 5: So it goes straight through the ghost. We're corporal guys, corporal oriole bloody a.
Speaker 12: Were in the army, Son, They dressed like corporals.
Speaker 1: Maybe don't throw too much at him.
Speaker 9: I am covered in costume, jewelry and velvet. There is no no war here. Anymore, though, I get a pigment. It's a bit of a store situation.
Speaker 4: Well, how did you hear the Christmas?
Speaker 1: I thought those were metals. I'm sorry. Now I'm looking close. I see it.
Speaker 4: I see it now?
Speaker 9: Is this little Dingle all grown up?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Dingle Jerry? Do you want to introduce yourself?
Speaker 4: Hi, Dingle Jerry?
Speaker 1: How old are you? The lady asked, how old are my dad?
Speaker 4: I don't do math.
Speaker 12: Well, well, let's see, your mom was killed by that mal Santa three years.
Speaker 4: Ago when I started homeschooling, right when you.
Speaker 12: Was twelve, which makes you makes it a little odd you still got this.
Speaker 4: Boy dropped at my jingle balls.
Speaker 12: If they were although we didn't start homeschooling you until twelve.
Speaker 1: Apparently, so around a little bit of.
Speaker 12: An arrested development path, if you will, anyways, not throwing stuff at ghosts.
Speaker 3: Liam turns to Terry. Terry, Oh is this this?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 9: This is?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is this the the little baby Mary was pregnant with when I left? This is?
Speaker 1: Are you asking?
Speaker 3: What child?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: God, Yes, this is Dingle. This is Dingle. This is that baby you remember?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ringle or jingle or Mingle or Tingley.
Speaker 1: It's because we had him in July. We weren't feeling this year at then.
Speaker 8: Dad always Dad always judgsment dingle because I'm always hanging on.
Speaker 3: Yes, Erry, we're gonna have to We're gonna have to get get back together. We're gonna have to see each other, meet each other.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, totally totally make.
Speaker 3: It back in touch with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want my number?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll take your number.
Speaker 12: I'll text you, Okay, Yeah, totally totally all right here here it is, there we go.
Speaker 3: My number is five five five by five by five by five five.
Speaker 1: Oh you haven't.
Speaker 12: Changed it since high school when I couldn't get in touch with you then. But I'm assuming you got it all figured out in the meantime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know how you know how the towers work around here? You can really get a good signal.
Speaker 11: Oh I could never forget that.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 12: God damn it, those famous plural French hours.
Speaker 10: That was the right planate park.
Speaker 9: Just what Frindcus.
Speaker 3: Well, Terry, it's been. It's been great to meet up with you. I hope we can get together sometime and you know, talk a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got so many business ideas for you.
Speaker 3: You go, that's great.
Speaker 10: I should introduce you to my boyfriend if you've got business ideas, because he's got so much money.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, have we met?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 10: My name is Charity and I'm just visiting kind of spontaneously. I just overheard you say that you have some business ideas, and I just want to let you know that if you have business ideas, my boyfriend Chad would love to hear them. You should tell him all about them for a long period of time away from me. And I'm sure if he likes one, he'd be more than happy to give you some money.
Speaker 1: Well, he sounds fantastic. Just here, give him my card.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, you're yeah.
Speaker 4: Tell me about the sexy ornament ide yet?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 1: That one's a trade secret.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, Dad, We.
Speaker 1: Don't tell it till we sell it, right.
Speaker 4: That's true. I'm learning so much from you.
Speaker 5: What has balls dropped?
Speaker 4: Full of the holiday spirit?
Speaker 1: They say every time a bell rings?
Speaker 9: Oh god, oh you.
Speaker 4: Have the car.
Speaker 12: Oh goodness, we're here already, boy here, drop back to the stand, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: So as most as most of you are leaving the stand, Sybil is going to stay around to talk with Jacques. About the butter cream and uh, the Christmas tree farmer Douglas Firth is coming right by to set up a wreath at the bowl that Jacques is set up at. Oh, oh my god, I'ma's still there.
Speaker 8: Oh, oh gosh, I'm so sorry about the lack of Christmas trees. We had a beetle blight. We had to pivot to pre made gingerbread houses, cranberry sauces and wreaths. I'm hoping we could have a good, happy holiday. God, I wish my wife was still alive.
Speaker 5: What happened to your dead?
Speaker 3: What happened? Oh, I've been gone for so long, I didn't know.
Speaker 8: Oh it was Christmas Eve three years ago. You know our our You know I'm a I'm a terribly old fifty five years old, already a grandfather. She had gone to our children's house to drop off, you know, presents for the grandkids, and oh god, she was walking home from their house on Christmas Eve and she got trampled by a reindeer.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, I'm surprised.
Speaker 8: You're all surprised by this because it was in the news they described her body is cranberry chutney.
Speaker 9: We did our best to not imagine the chutney. Darling, you did.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, wait wait you're the two poultry guys. Yes, have you seen my wife lately?
Speaker 5: I've not seen your wife. I'm sorry. She was blessed and went to the hereafter.
Speaker 13: We were a little bit of a different situation, so we don't really, we've just been here a long time. It's like, how aur, Well, it's more than's a mission for my dear, dearly departed husband that I seemed to be connected with, or else I would be in the great beyond, isn't that right?
Speaker 5: Well I hadn't stood there laughing at your corpse, perhaps i'd still be alive.
Speaker 9: Yes, that Christmas pageant didn't go a bit awry. But but darling, we're so sorry for your lost Yes, now the trees situation, I'm sure everybody understands that the gingerbread alley was a perfect pittance.
Speaker 3: It's fine, it's perfectly fine. I understand that beetles can sometimes be bad for trees.
Speaker 8: Yeah, then they were British beetles in particular. It was an invasion, British invasion. Oh no, I just I just hope I can get us through one more Christmas because I've gotten word from the I R S that they are going to be arriving on Christmas Eve and they may repossess my farm.
Speaker 3: And no, not not the not another farm gone away.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, these big corporations keep acting like vampires on the American populacey.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's for another discussion.
Speaker 8: So please buy bloody of gingerbread kits and wreaths and cranberry sauce.
Speaker 3: Liam Liam grabs. Liam grabs Douglas's hand as like a handshake, but do you notice that it is a little bit more tender than your normal handshake? He says. I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, Douglas.
Speaker 4: I haven't had this saw since my wife died.
Speaker 3: Hope. Yes, well, perhaps we can meet up sometime and talk about how things are going.
Speaker 4: You don't mind that I'm an older gentleman with.
Speaker 3: Family, not if you don't mind that I'm a failed Christmas wrapping application entrepreneur whose application has been shut down by the Holiday mark company.
Speaker 8: That's okay, I don't do the Facebook, okay, yes, yes, no, that would be wonderful. Maybe you can help me figure out my issues with the tax man.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate that. I did.
Speaker 8: Want to remind everyone that we are having the annual Tannin Bomb Farm's Christmas part tonight. I know that we won't have any Christmas trees. God, I hate that that happened, but again, please come to the party. We're gonna be auctioning off several really interesting Christmas items and I'm gonna make my way around town and just make sure everybody.
Speaker 4: Knows we can have a half happy Christmas this year.
Speaker 3: It will be the happiest Christmas even without Christmas trees. God, will we ever said you needed whoever said you needed a Christmas tree for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Everyone sigment.
Speaker 9: We are going to need a lot of tinsel, hot glue, and some sticks, and we are going to make something happens.
Speaker 5: None of Charlie Brown's situation. Fine, dear, fine, I'll fine sticks.
Speaker 3: Liam looks over and sees Sigmund. Sigmund, you haven't aged a day in the last fifteen years. Yes, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm fine, of course I haven't been dead. Chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He shakes your hand just as cold as ever, just the way I like you, Sigmund.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, that is how it works when you lose a body. You lose body heat, but of a problem.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's a necrophiliac.
Speaker 5: Christmas, Hey, scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Christmases long long ago.
Speaker 10: There is an actual Hallmark Christmas movie. Uh, I think it's like The Spirit In or something like that that is about a ghost.
Speaker 3: Get with.
Speaker 5: Is it a gay ghost?
Speaker 10: It not in that iteration?
Speaker 4: Okay, but it does it doesn't breaking new ground here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a bisexual king.
Speaker 3: Let's do this? Can I go up to ok No, go ahead, as.
Speaker 9: As Sigmund is talking to Liam, go up to Jock. Do you think anybody in this town is good enough for our young Leo? He's such an entrepreneur, he's so smart, and I just don't want somebody who's not good enough for him to be part of this. What are your thoughts on the new people? Oh, some of the old people that have been around.
Speaker 11: I think I think she should buy my cabbage, and that should with enough energy to think on their own. I think perhaps, I think I think perhaps, let me see where where did the people say they were staying?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: That will?
Speaker 9: I mean we only really have one in so I assume there and you took the order for the butterpig ladies. So I think she's set up probably Holly's house. Holly has a pension for picking up the trace. We'll just keep an eye.
Speaker 11: Lets me see if I can perhaps try to get there and admit there and I can ta to see to to talk to them.
Speaker 9: As everyone mingles, all right, yeah, we just keep an eye on our close good friend. See what we need to do next.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 9: All right, I'll take my creamy butter and be on my way. Off you at the party tonight. As you're there, get back over to my husband, my butter and gabbage. I always take your cabbage.
Speaker 3: So Sandra Bullock, we go back to your house at the to your room at the end, not not your house, your room at the end with Chad money rich uh so yeah, like like I was saying, you know business acquisitions and stock options, and you know the key is to pay the people who worked for you as little as possible so you could make as much money as possible.
Speaker 6: What a fascinating business insight. You must have so much money?
Speaker 3: Oh, I got you know where we were going before we stopped here where AVR made our plane to have to make an emergency stop. We were heading off to Bali.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's elite. You are so rich.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm very rich. Yeah, I got I got a lot of money.
Speaker 6: So tell me, Chad money rich?
Speaker 7: When you inherited tens of billions of dollars from your deceased father, how did you confront that terrible challenge?
Speaker 3: Well, what I did is I put my hard work in mind to working hard and making more money.
Speaker 6: You truly are an inspiration to us.
Speaker 3: All. Yeah, you know, I started with.
Speaker 7: Sandra Bullet puts her hand on his knee while they're talking and gives him a meaningful look.
Speaker 4: Oh shits war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my my, my dad he left me and now we're only down to nine billion. So really, Wow, I'm making some good money. I'm doing a good job.
Speaker 6: Anyone with nine billion dollars must be doing something, right.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, that's what That's what they've said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tell me what were you going to be doing in Bali?
Speaker 3: Oh? You know, they got they got the coolest beaches and I don't even think I don't even think they make people wear shirts. They're old.
Speaker 6: Wow, And who are you going with?
Speaker 11: I was going?
Speaker 3: Uh? I think her name was Charity, Yeah, Charity Open.
Speaker 6: Which sounds ugly. You know, we you should get with someone powerful and hot like me. Yeah, please tell me more about.
Speaker 7: Your book idea changing the subject rapidly my book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I was thinking about writing, you know, a book about business, about making deals and you know, all the skill that it requires to make deals. So I was thinking like we could, uh you know, start with like you see something that you want that you got enough money for, and then you buy it like a whole company. And then what you can do is you just you fire everybody who works there, and then you make more money because you don't got to pay him.
Speaker 7: Anymore, right, amazing, Yeah, that's how that's that's just one way.
Speaker 6: One idea.
Speaker 7: You're gonna help so many managers make so much money by firing people.
Speaker 3: You know. It's it's when you take that it's when you really take that surplus value that the labor force is created and then just arbitrage.
Speaker 9: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Just pocket it and it's great, it works. Amazing.
Speaker 6: I'm so proud of you. You're an exemplary American. You give inspiration and hope to assault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just like every American. We got to go to Bali for the holiday.
Speaker 6: Just like every American exactly.
Speaker 3: That's where Americans deserve to have Christmas.
Speaker 7: What's it going to take to lock you down on a book deal? Because I have a proposal for an autobiography for you.
Speaker 3: Oh you do?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think we could weave in your idea of management solutions and your own personal history to create a best seller, a mass market bestseller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that'd be that'd be great.
Speaker 6: We're willing to offer you two million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's that's that. That sounds good. I think.
Speaker 7: Center Bullet sticks her hand out to shake his hand.
Speaker 3: He reaches out and shakes Central Bullet's hand.
Speaker 6: It's a deal. Awesome, It was great meeting you money rich. Would you like a blowtop?
Speaker 3: And oh.
Speaker 5: He's all business straight up.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: I think someone just completed their objective.
Speaker 9: And that's certain call on Sandra Bullock making.
Speaker 3: All right, So we are gonna cut back to We're gonna cut back going back into town, and we are going to go into the Thorn's House where Charity and Ollie are busy, uh putting together charities gingerbread house. So we got we got the we got you the caramel and all the all the parts are just the ret temperature for the caramel to stick perfect. Is this enough to you? We got, we got candies, we got frosted. Is there anything else we can get for you?
Speaker 10: No, h do you have many marshmallows? Because I saw on the ground that you can make a mini snowman out of many marshmallows and a toothpeck. And I have always wanted to try, but Chad won't let me bring many marshmallows into the house because he says they're inferior. So if you have some, that would be amazing.
Speaker 3: Of course we have many marshmallows. Dear, let me let me okay. She brings you over so many marshmallows. And there's just like you know, uh, like pull and peel twizzlers. There's all these little different different colored candies, many emin ms, little TUTSI rolls for like logs or whatever. So setting up your house, h Liam, Liam comes home, Oh you're you're staying here?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 10: Oh hi, And she'll she'll look between between Holly and Liam and and say, yeah we are are I storready told you that our plane had land quickly, and I was offered to stay. How do you know each other?
Speaker 3: Uh, this is my mom.
Speaker 14: Oh oh okay, Well I hope, I hope it's okay with you as well, that Chad and I stay here.
Speaker 10: I don't really know where Chad's gone off to, but I hope it's okay with you. It'd be an honor to stay in the home of an amazing app creator who literally changed the way I wrap for the rest of my life. So that would be amazing if you're okay with it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got we got a guest room. That's perfect.
Speaker 10: Well, that's great. I am that's great. So I am working on my gingerbread house and I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly where this little reef I made should go. You're you're at the expert. Would you mind helping me?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, of course of course.
Speaker 10: So she'll kind of like motion him over, and she's like so that he's standing behind her, and she puts like the wreaths. She's like, should go here or here or here. She's kind of leaning ino go here, maybe here?
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Kind of reaches like around behind you, grabs your hand and he just places it perfect. I think it should go right here, and she'll so.
Speaker 10: Turn behind her and go, you're right, that's just perfect.
Speaker 3: He'll look down at your Yeah, yes, it is very perfect.
Speaker 10: And then so there's that moment and then she goes and I made a little snowman. I was thinking the snowman could go right here, and then she just continued making her Jenner Hills.
Speaker 3: I have to go help Douglas with the with the Tanna Baum party tonight. Are you gonna be there? Are you going to be at the Tanabam party?
Speaker 6: I'd like to go.
Speaker 3: It's like a little mini get together with just a couple of us before the big gingerbread Galla tomorrow. You know, It's like.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't miss it for.
Speaker 3: People of the town to kind of mingle and visit with each other.
Speaker 10: And oh, well, I'm.
Speaker 6: Not from the town.
Speaker 10: Would it still be okay if I came along?
Speaker 3: Well, of course, of course, yeah, yeah, I mean anybody can come. It's just it's just a matter of you know, it's not as big as the other event.
Speaker 10: I will be there. I look forward to seeing you there.
Speaker 3: And as as you continue building your gingerbread house. Liam leaves to go to Douglas's tree farm to help them set up the pen and balum party. Oh hey, hey Douglas, how you doing?
Speaker 8: But I want yeah, yeah, yeah, kind of.
Speaker 3: Do you need a hand setting all of this up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Actually I want you to take a look at something. I've been trying to figure out this whole tree situation. My kids are screaming at me. Anyway, So what I have here? I took this cardboard box, I cut off a side and I shaped into a tree and painted it green.
Speaker 4: What do you think I mean?
Speaker 3: That's a good start. That's a great start.
Speaker 4: I'm a lot of ideas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean we can. We'll shoot. Do you have do you have white spray paint? Well we can. We can take some white spray paint and some like red ribbon, okay, like candy canes.
Speaker 8: I've got hacking tape, and I have got the the the foam that you put on the tree to make it. I've got a surplus with that foam. But I have a lack of trees. Goddamn it. Anyway, here we go. Yes, I got that, and I got that for you. What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Let's just let's let's try to make some like let's try to make candy cane decorations. What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: Okay, that sounds great.
Speaker 8: Remember we're gonna need seven hundred of these if I'm gonna be able to pay off the farm.
Speaker 3: So let's get wor not selling Douglas, We're not. This is for the party. We're not selling them.
Speaker 4: Man, that's have You've got to lose my place?
Speaker 3: No, you're not. How do you know we'll find a way. It's Christmas. We always find a way at Christmas.
Speaker 4: My wife certainly didn't. I miss her.
Speaker 3: And he just reaches over, grabs your hand. He puts his hand underneath your hand, and then he puts his other hand on top of it. Make like a hand sandwich.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take my other hand put it on top. Looks like I won this one. You're a good kid. How old are you?
Speaker 3: Oh? I'm I've been gone here for fifteen years and I had already graduated high school, so whatever, graduating high school plus fifteen is at.
Speaker 8: Least okay, So the gap isn't too weird.
Speaker 3: No, I mean there's it's fine. It's fine. My profernal cortex has already been completely completed, so it's not weird.
Speaker 8: I'm glad that we're negotiating this now. I just I need to let you know I think you're very handsome.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, Douglass. I think you're very handsome as well.
Speaker 4: You like the silver, it's just you know, it's a little silver and gray and.
Speaker 3: Like a little like a silver fox. Dude. That's great.
Speaker 4: You've you've really like elevated my mood. So let's go erect some Christmas trees.
Speaker 3: When you say how, uh, yeah, we can. We can if you don't have any Christmas trees though, Well.
Speaker 4: That's what we were doing is we're making them. We're making them out of the cardboard. Unless you think that's a terrible idea and it's not going to convince anybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think it's going to convince people. But maybe we can have some cardboard Christmas trees and some like do you have anymore? Uh? Like? I know, I know you were making reads out of just the the okay looking parts of all your dead trees.
Speaker 8: Do you have any Well, there there were no there were no needles on those reeds. Unfortunately, again, I've been just been scrambling. It has been rough this season.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But I guess we can do kind of a di y punk Christmas. Do you know any bands? Is there going to be a band playing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: We hadn't really thought about a band playing. You know. I think I think the jingle Bell Rocks might be getting back together.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, okay, doesn't uh Singletary, No, no, was it wasn't one of his kids in that band.
Speaker 3: Uh? Oh Singletary's no Singletary. I thought Singletary only had one kid.
Speaker 4: Child. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, you know he does fuck around, that's true. I'm surprised you remember that. Oh no, wait, yeah, because he oh yeah, he stole your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: And right, yeah, I remember that in high school. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, it was weird.
Speaker 8: I was a full grown man talking to these teenagers about their sex lives. But you know, everybody trust the Christmas tree guy.
Speaker 9: Oh boy, I'd like to knock on the door in a moment.
Speaker 4: Well, we're outside, but okay.
Speaker 3: As you knock on the doors, we're walking around the dead Christmas trees around the farm.
Speaker 5: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh, Douglas, it looks like it looks like Sybil's here.
Speaker 4: And she really hots the place, doesn't she. Hi?
Speaker 9: Oh God, like that's darling.
Speaker 5: It's come on, I'm coming.
Speaker 9: We know you're having, we'll help help you. We know you're having your body and we want to help with what we can.
Speaker 5: So is that what we're doing here.
Speaker 9: You should what we're doing together for helping here is we have put together and you see what is probably the most nineteen sixties aluminium Christmas tree made from easily the most fire hazard like light bulb lights tinsil. It's silver and and like with little green bobbles like this, This might be the way to do it.
Speaker 3: Just from when we realized that asbestos was bad, but realize how to make things fireproof again.
Speaker 5: Dude. The cord is like braided cloth and if you plug it in there will be sparks.
Speaker 8: Oh you know, my my father almost lost this farm to those fake Christmas trees fifty years ago.
Speaker 4: And you bring that to my front porch.
Speaker 9: Really, I know there was going to be some resistance, but we I feel that if we, if you lean into that sort of vintage field that's been coming up, vintage GoF at that term, then we can get the funds for your trees. And then because they all burned down so quickly, these little little do dads will go into the go into the either to some sort of plastics. I don't know. The young folk would tell me that plastics go in the ocean. Whatever.
Speaker 5: I thought that was car batteries there, car batteries, Yeah, in the ocean.
Speaker 9: Right, So maybe signal can help you fix your Christmas.
Speaker 5: Look, here's the here's the thing you sell. These two people their houses burned down, they turn against the big Christmas trees next year.
Speaker 8: Yes, all you sit, I am selling gingerbread prefab house kits. So maybe I can work that in as well as our house is burned down.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. Do I do I betray my do I betray.
Speaker 8: My belief in like a good old fashioned Christmas tree for this temporary artificial solution that may ultimately cause more harm and cancer.
Speaker 4: Than traditional trees. Here's the question here to save my farm.
Speaker 5: Here's the question. How much do you want to eat and have a home?
Speaker 8: Uh, that's true, I do I I You're right, all right, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna feel great about.
Speaker 5: It, but thank you of the children. He has children, right, think of the children.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, no.
Speaker 9: Just it's a big adjustment, but I think will help the part.
Speaker 3: Did you say you were inviting Jacques over to help with the catering.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, absolutely. He serves the most wonderful butter.
Speaker 8: He has tomato butter, he has celery butter, he has potato butter.
Speaker 4: Yes, so many, so many great butters.
Speaker 5: I saw him working on a sculpture of butter in the shape of a man's bottom one day. I don't know what that was about.
Speaker 9: I believe that was a custom order for something called a Pachlorette very bazaar.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to be meeting meeting me at the.
Speaker 8: Storefront in town though, for that, you know, So we can go ahead and bring some of these supplies hop in my truck and we can now do ghost riding trucks or do you just float? I'm sorry if that's a racist question.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 5: We in trucks.
Speaker 9: We brought, Oh, Darling, we brought the model Tea. Don't worry. We were furbished a year after year after year.
Speaker 3: We're fine Tea.
Speaker 9: Well, you didn't want to bring what was that fancy call from Europe that you had from that that spy movie I want to bring, asked Martin.
Speaker 3: Did you I had.
Speaker 5: An ed sel. What are you talking about, Oh God.
Speaker 9: Darling, We'll meet you at your storefront, and I believe we'll see we can gather to help plan for the party. And I'm sure we have multiple people like this.
Speaker 8: This really shows Christmas togetherness and communities. And I'm just I'm so appreciative that of these two dead people, it added so much to the Christmas season year. After all, I'm gonna start hurling boxes into the back of my truck.
Speaker 9: Now, now, sigmad if you do this, good deed, you know what we can try. You've always wanted to the George Bailey.
Speaker 5: Oh God, we tried that in nineteen eighty nine, dear, if you remember, it turned out the world actually was her without him, and he shot himself in the bloody head.
Speaker 9: I'm into that position from the what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh God, don't talk about in public.
Speaker 9: We'll see you at the house.
Speaker 3: My god, Sigmund, what what are you? You seem so angry? Where's your holiday spirit?
Speaker 5: I am a holiday spirit.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid he comes from the crampist school of things.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been killed by a flying concrete baby? Jesus? It ruins the holiday. It tends to put a damper on the holidays.
Speaker 3: Oh look, there's Jack right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's butt out of this awkward situation the subject.
Speaker 8: Yes, when you got hit by the baby Jesus, did you like die immediately or did you bleed out for a bit, because that would.
Speaker 5: Change Oh it was Jesus. I didn't know I was dead. My body flew, my body flew backwards. I was standing there. My last words were, oh God, did it look like chutney?
Speaker 11: You carry that to God before you died?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, no one dies and atheist.
Speaker 3: He's gonna William's going to tap the Jacques on the shoulder there, and you're like, but it's it's okay. We're gonna we're gonna help you find the true meaning of Christmas. If that's okay, Okay, I want this for you. I want this for you.
Speaker 4: Wait, so the Frenchman is trying to find Oh okay.
Speaker 5: No, no, said Jacques.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there we go. We're all there.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna pab Sigmund on the shoulders and we're gonna help you find the true meaning of Christmas.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't do that on my account. Let's all pay attention to the man that deals with buttered bottoms make very good. But the buttoms it was bizarre but interesting.
Speaker 8: Jackets, jackets because those businesses here, it's a very good you know, we're both on the.
Speaker 4: Chamber of commerce.
Speaker 8: Like do you know if any government assistance programs and I can I can into here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you have any of those those pamphlets from Pueblo, Colorado.
Speaker 11: I'm afraid they took most of our people work because I down.
Speaker 8: I'm still schlepping boxes into the back of the truck. It's like comically high like the Grinches, like the Grinches, like Sleigh with all the presence packed into it.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 11: I would help you, but I'm very tired. I'm pecking all my cabbages and my button.
Speaker 4: Can you loan me thirty? I was up here, this is.
Speaker 3: Let me let me, let me help you with this. And he'll like put his hand over yours and the hand on the other side and help push it push everything up.
Speaker 5: Oh, Sigmund, Yes.
Speaker 3: Could you help us? Could you help us out?
Speaker 5: Yes? Do you have a top and some ratchet straps?
Speaker 3: He's gonna take some. Yeah, he's gonna So we're gonna need you to fly up with this tart and help put it over all of this to help keep it in.
Speaker 4: I don't have ratchet straps, but I do have chains from the dungeon.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all need ratchet straps?
Speaker 8: No, a carpenter, right, are you?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Why do the carpenter need ratchet straps? You ever know?
Speaker 5: Carrying what?
Speaker 3: I mean to show up at just the right moment with the racket straps.
Speaker 12: A Christmas miracle will be walking by and overheard that it's a bloody empty miracle.
Speaker 5: But I suppose we'll take it anyway.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Thanks?
Speaker 4: Do you want to come for a ride?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: The ghost awkwardly floats up to drape the tarp over the giant hass pile of things and drapes the uh and and and help hook up the ratchet straps.
Speaker 8: It's like a Beverly Hillbillies thing, like just the ship piles into the truck everybody, and then.
Speaker 5: We put Granny on top.
Speaker 4: She's dead.
Speaker 5: Sybil get on top with a rocking chair.
Speaker 9: Oh don't you dare. I'm fat dignified to be riding up there, but I will help.
Speaker 5: There's anything you need to do.
Speaker 9: For the party is dingle with you, I can drive him over. I don't want him on top of all.
Speaker 3: Of the bucks. Your friend as as a sigmund As you're trying to get the you're trying to get the tarp over everything. I'm gonna need you to make a sweater check. Oh boy, a sweaters check.
Speaker 5: Now? What do I roll? Two D six?
Speaker 3: Two D six? And tell me what you rolled.
Speaker 5: With my plus one for sweaters? Yeah, strong host, I rolled an eight eight?
Speaker 3: All right, so you successfully are able to get the tarp over everything. Oh boy, Terry, Terry singletary, could you please also make a sweaters check for your ratchet traps?
Speaker 1: That is a thirteen.
Speaker 3: Thirty? Damn wait did you roll double sixes? No, but for sweaters plus your sweaters? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I rolled a ten and my sweaters a three.
Speaker 3: Okay. Wow wow. If you if you ever rolled doubles, let me know, because doubles come on the plot twist. No point, Okay, that's why I got excited about the thirteen. Oh yeah, be double six? What it was?
Speaker 9: Was it two fives?
Speaker 1: It was a six and a four?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You think I would have just sat on that for a minute.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe, I don't know. This is a new game. Probably this is a new game, so it's a little different. Well that that just looks perfect. What great teamwork everybody put in.
Speaker 8: Meanwhile, he's choking to death underneath the tarp and in the pile of boxes because he was strapped in.
Speaker 3: Dangle.
Speaker 1: Get out of there right now?
Speaker 4: You got a fish out?
Speaker 1: Dingle, dingle? Is it? Dingle? Are you being cute again? Huh?
Speaker 4: All right, I've been cute for a long time.
Speaker 1: Dad here, let me grab your ankles. That's true, fifteen year old man. Now you own a business.
Speaker 8: Pull him out and oh wait, we're gonna have to have to roll to see if you can pull up that dingle.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, make a make a sweaters check to see if you can get get the dingle out?
Speaker 4: Can I resist the role?
Speaker 1: Look sweaters?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it's two D six plus sweaters.
Speaker 1: Oh that's only a six.
Speaker 5: Oh nope, okay, is still okay? Real quick? I would like wait, wait, we're both spirits, right? Okay?
Speaker 3: Are both spirits?
Speaker 5: We can try this if you want.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, first, then Ruth, you say your idea.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was gonna use hollow day magic to pull the child out. I think that's what I think that's what Sybil was going to do as well, Christmas, I have I have the.
Speaker 3: Pep Sybil, what do you have? What were you going to say?
Speaker 9: I have I have pep talk and I was going to gently talk through the situation. Uh, the grands a plus two once perceived. So it depends on which one if you want to use your magic or say, you know.
Speaker 3: What you can you can make a pep talk, make a make a cheers check.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's see how you do first before we get make a cheer.
Speaker 3: On your pep talk.
Speaker 9: Oh, double force.
Speaker 3: Wat twist for nine, but it's a total of nine. Okay, so it passes. Oh what did I do? And as as you as you are trying to help out with your pep talk, A gentle snow begins to fall, and the suddenly ease just befalls all of the tension between all of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this kid is dying and we're all sitting here going.
Speaker 4: Oh, what's the pep talking sist of? Let's play this out?
Speaker 9: Okay, All right, now, I know this seems dire. I know it seems like this child might be suffocating the longer I talk. But what we need to believe here is that with our strength combined, that Dingle will survive another Christmas because this poor boy has fallen down so many wells, and he has gone into so many booted areas and.
Speaker 5: No significant hell.
Speaker 9: He of courage and constitution. So together, Terry, we can yank your child from this leg.
Speaker 5: Yank that boy, yank that boy.
Speaker 3: Die.
Speaker 4: My body's changing and I'm uncomfortable all the time.
Speaker 1: You know what I say? Y'all?
Speaker 3: Try it all right?
Speaker 5: So you need to use my holiday magic.
Speaker 3: Sigmund, to use your holiday magic. All right, hang out holiday magic? Do uh?
Speaker 5: Basically before I roll, I can spend a magic point to add my cheer stat to my role, which is a plus four h twelve. It was not double.
Speaker 3: Well, you are able to magically pull young Dingle out of the pile of things in the back of that truck.
Speaker 5: Okay, when I do it, there's like this fairy spray of confetti as it happens, but it smells stale, like it hasn't been used in like almost sixty years.
Speaker 3: And the fairy spray of confetti of stale confetti mixes with the light fallen snow, and everybody around you just has a little bit more cheer and there in their stry right.
Speaker 5: Now, Yeah, Sigmund, well, I don't want him hanging around for a toy with me.
Speaker 4: Dingle's gonna go up to his father, Terry Dad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just where did babies come from?
Speaker 3: Dingle? I don't hold you.
Speaker 1: You remember that elf on that shelf.
Speaker 8: Oy, the one that always watched me wherever I went, that one.
Speaker 1: That always watched you, that stayed in your room too. Well still now he brought you to me one day.
Speaker 15: Here have this, and you had He said, here take this. I said, fine, biological and.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this is. I'm telling him as far as what I know is the truth.
Speaker 12: As this mother a mom, Well, he ain't got a mother.
Speaker 4: What I thought My mom had been dead for years. You're just telling me I was a miraculous birth.
Speaker 15: Well, you had a mother, Ankle Barry Christ who.
Speaker 12: We called your mom. Remember she died three years ago. Remember how we both remember that?
Speaker 11: Do you know if it's is mother, if you got bought by definition.
Speaker 12: Well she later she showed up and she was like, oh, hey, that's mine on the shelf.
Speaker 11: When he got me, yeah, him from the mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she moved in. She was like oh, hey, that elf to done. Took that from me.
Speaker 4: I've been looking for him.
Speaker 12: You want to shack up because I'm I'm flat broke right now. I said sure, I said, can we toss the elf at least?
Speaker 1: She said, well, he still means something to me.
Speaker 12: I said, all right, we'll put him on a shelf for something else at rhymes.
Speaker 1: And that was all we could think of, the rhymes, So we just kept him there.
Speaker 4: That'd be it was the mother a myf.
Speaker 3: There was one or.
Speaker 12: Two times I put the elf on myself, but that was just as a gag.
Speaker 4: Oh, you said, I get that.
Speaker 1: Well that too.
Speaker 5: You are that we're never making these deliveries, are we?
Speaker 3: Look it is.
Speaker 1: His parent is confusing to me.
Speaker 3: As we are discussing the parentage of dingle More people, people start to arrive for the Tannenbaum party.
Speaker 4: We haven't made the trees yet. God, I'm I'm gonna lose my farm.
Speaker 9: It's okay, We're gonna myself, my husband, all of us will start doing the trees. Well, you introduce yourself, and Liam, maybe you helped you. I believe our friend's charity, she's new. We'll bring them all in and we'll start making the trees. You be the host, you need to be all right.
Speaker 8: Okay, I need a chain saw. Terry, he got a chainsaw with you.
Speaker 1: I'm a carpenter, if you well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I'm a Oh you also do those wood sculptures in the public square occasionally a lot of bears and fish.
Speaker 5: So yeah, some single terries, fish and berries.
Speaker 1: I have to spell bear. Real weird.
Speaker 4: I'm hacking through cardboard with chain sauce trying to like make a bunch of Christmas tree shapes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the cops called on me for both violence and wellness checks.
Speaker 6: What some violence check.
Speaker 5: To make sure he's violent?
Speaker 6: Bounce happening to him?
Speaker 4: Oh man, okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 6: Bullet is now in the gingerbread festival.
Speaker 7: She's surveying all of the gingerbread houses and looking disdainfully at their imperfections.
Speaker 3: So Xandra Bullock has broken into the rec center where the gingerbread the gingerbread, Ye happening, the thing started, the party started, different stuff.
Speaker 8: Okay, well we all walk off get over to the rec center in the snow to then go see the gingerbread.
Speaker 6: All right, she's arriving for the party then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you broke in thought all the way there the way the criminal break through the window.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, Sandra Bullock's arriving with with Chad money Rich.
Speaker 7: And then don't forget they came together?
Speaker 5: Did they come together?
Speaker 3: As Sandra Bullock and Chad money Rich are getting settled in the Tannenbaum? Uh, you see this big smile on Chad's face as Charity and Holly come in through the party. Come they arrived for.
Speaker 10: The Charity is going to approach Chad and say, where have you been? You've been gone a really long time. We made an entire Jimmy bread house without you. What happened?
Speaker 3: Chad's face goes from smile to like a kid who just got caught.
Speaker 4: Uh, babe, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Just gonna talk about that. Then the autobio, right yeah, then then autobiogra it's, uh, you know, it was just a lot of a lot of business questions stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Under Bullock jumps in to save them and it's like, yes, we had a very productive business discussion. We've got a handshake deal on the table and we're just gonna draw up the lawyers next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, a million dollars, that's that's more money than you have.
Speaker 10: Hang on, that was very, very very hurtful. So she'll kind of she'll turn like really really red and very embarrassed and be like, I guess that, yeah, you're right, that that is that is more money than than I have working as a veterinary as a veteran, working as a as a veterinarian on kittens and puppies, I do make less than that year. You're right, Well, I don't know that it's right that we completely ignore our hosts. So maybe we should together talk to our hosts since we've been invited to this party, or or or if you would rather, I can just go by myself.
Speaker 3: Don't want to go to the party. I like party You don't I like parties. Salty caviar is fine.
Speaker 10: Okay, So she'll you know, kind of like slip her hand through his arm and guide him back too, back to Holly to say thank you for letting us stay at your home, strange person that we don't know. That was really nice of you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, oh, it's just it's the least thing that I could do. I mean, it's it's Christmas. What was what were we supposed to do? Let's just stay at the just stay at the airstrip. No, stay at my house.
Speaker 10: That's fine, It's greatly appreciated. And she'll ch'll is there still are people still trying to put together trees and and set things up?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah they are. They are clearly just throwing this ship together as the book started.
Speaker 10: So Charity will turn to Chad and say, it looks it looks like they need some help. I'm gonna go help. Do you want to come with me?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go see if they have any anything, right, mabe, maybe I can spike lunch.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's fine too. And Charity, okay, they've opened their their town to us and invited us to an intimate party. But yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna go help them now. And and Charity will walk away from Chad and go to the group setting things up and say, how can I help? What can I do?
Speaker 4: Let me to work? Oh?
Speaker 8: Thank Christ more hands. We need all hands on deck. We're building Christmas trees and this motherfucker.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have two I can use I have two of them, so.
Speaker 4: You can take you can take care of two trees at the same time. Good, all right, let's go.
Speaker 3: Charity.
Speaker 9: Have you met uh? Mister, mister fur over here. I feel like you get along as well. Both have the trees to come over here help helping them with the trees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hi, Hi, I'm sorry. What's your name?
Speaker 10: My name is Charity, Charity, no ship awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're here to help. Just I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: It has been a rough Christmas season, like it hasn't been this bad since my wife died run over by a reindeer. Don't ask. We could really use some help. We're assembling these trees because you know, it can't be christ without Christmas trees. And I feel like I failed everyone. You ever feel like you failed someone before?
Speaker 10: I don't think you can ever truly fail unless you don't try. And it looks to me like you're trying. So I don't think you failed, and I don't think the negative self talk is going to help you. What will help you is putting up this tree. So let me help. I'm gonna get it and I start helping.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much. Here's some packing tape. We were using it to stick the cardboard branches on. I'm out at the glue. I heard marshmallows and caramel may work, but I have no caramel on me? You have do you know where I can get some caramel?
Speaker 3: Oh? I have some.
Speaker 10: We have some in in in the truck. Holly, Holly, we were, we were. We had this backup in case, you know, the in case the gingerbread household apart. I'll run and get it. So she'll run into the truck and bring in the caramel.
Speaker 4: Oh, do you need help because I can go with you.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 10: I mean it's a small pot, but I mean snowing out. I don't want to slip and fall because that would be you know, sugarbirds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so I'll go with you. Let's go get that caramel. Okay, all right, hop in my truck. Unfortunately, the front seat is full of beer cans, so you're gonna have to get into.
Speaker 4: The bed of the truck.
Speaker 10: Do you do you drink while you drive?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, this is all dingle. I want to borrow my truck sometimes.
Speaker 3: Have you.
Speaker 10: How how old? Was really good?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: You know we live here in the country, in Vermontshire or whatever the fuck we call this place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know people drive.
Speaker 3: A little ral vermont Shire.
Speaker 17: Yes, it's not the driving that uh it appeared to me the dingle was around twelve or thirteen years of age.
Speaker 10: It's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 4: Let's just make he learned it from his father. I can't raise the kid. Where are you? Did you just hear from the local. Well, do.
Speaker 3: As you guys. As you guys are heading out, you see if.
Speaker 4: There's anybody else who wants to join our party?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 10: Oh I did William? You want to come along?
Speaker 4: How about the French guy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, use a lot of but you.
Speaker 10: Don't you know what we do? We need butter for the caramel.
Speaker 1: Can you drive? I've had a little bit eggnog.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: As you guys are getting up in your truck.
Speaker 10: We're in the bed of the truck.
Speaker 3: Just you remember, we're in the bed of the truck.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Friends, full of beer cans. We can't move them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are structural beer cans.
Speaker 4: You ever get old beer on your hands, it's gross.
Speaker 12: Never let beer get old.
Speaker 3: A van comes up on the side, it says the Rolling Pin Bakery, and out of it steps Carol with a bunch and she's like, can anybody help me with these, uh, these baked goods? And I brought my special spice cider.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Now Carol's at alcoholic cider.
Speaker 3: I have two different types actually one is one is alcoholic, one is all.
Speaker 1: Ages, because Dingles driving that first.
Speaker 8: So now Douglas is spiraling emotionally because the other thing that you know you have to have at Christmas beyond a Christmas tree, is baked goods. So now he is just fucking torn about what to do here. Does he help unload the baked goods and make sure everybody is fed with wonderful Christmas treats? Or is it the Christmas trees? He's stuck? He's he starts visibly shaking and rocking back and forth.
Speaker 5: You know, awesome, It's like a real Christmas. Now someone had a crash out.
Speaker 10: So Charry is very aware of her surroundings, so she sees what's happening, and she goes, you know what it looks like you have there's but four people in the bed of this truck to go get one thing of carameunt. I think that's maybe just a two person job. So here's what I'll do. I'll hop out of the bed of this vehicle and I will help bring in the trees. That way, we have some people getting the caramel for the trees, and we have other people doing the bake goods. And you know what, I'm gonna ask the nice lady who brought the bake goods. Maybe she has some parable Maybe she does. So I'm gonna go talk to Carol. Is your name? And she's already out of the truck walking over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my name's Carol Baker. Right to meet you.
Speaker 10: Oh, let's keep Your name's Baker and you're a baker. It's adorable.
Speaker 4: So Douglas gonna come up.
Speaker 3: I thought about that.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 8: Douglas's gonna come up to you and he's gonna grab your hand and he's gonna put his other hand on top of that.
Speaker 4: He's gonna shake and say, who is charity? You are so giving?
Speaker 10: I thank you anytime, anytime. She'll like any time.
Speaker 4: And then I put my hand on top of your hand as he goes.
Speaker 10: Okay one from under end and be like okay, I'm gonna go help her now.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You have of course good.
Speaker 8: Friends, and we're gonna we're gonna peel out on the truck like really unsafely.
Speaker 10: I'm glad I'm not in that truck. I'm over talking to Carol now, hell yeah, get.
Speaker 3: It what did you say you were looking for? You're going to get caramel.
Speaker 10: They were going to get caramel, do you You don't happen to have any, do you?
Speaker 3: I always keep caramel in the back of my van. That is so wise. You know what.
Speaker 10: I don't know anybody's phone numbers here, but I'm sure we can bring some of these boxes of delicious baked goods that you've made inside and someone there.
Speaker 3: Because the bakery's phone.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was more thinking somebody could call the gentleman that just left to get caramel and tell there is some here. But it is a beautiful van. I know I've got your number, and so like, what boxes can I take?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, you can take here. Just just take these ones. These are these are build of cookies and it's called pepper Cocaine. It's a special mini like bread cookies.
Speaker 10: I love pepper Coconde.
Speaker 3: Part of it.
Speaker 10: They're so crisp. They're so crisp and light. And there's a lot of butter. You should meet that well, you probably know you're from this town. You probably know Shock. It makes you get your new source your butter from him.
Speaker 3: Shock Jaques is the best butter farmer the side of that.
Speaker 10: He is a He is a butter farmer. Now could you break down butter farmer for me? Just because he he's made of butter or he makes the butter, you know, I like this is.
Speaker 3: The best source for butter around. He also warms other things.
Speaker 10: Okay, that was super.
Speaker 4: Dirt comes out of the dirt. Just use us up.
Speaker 10: So all right, well, I would love to take these pepper cover in. We're gonna have to chat.
Speaker 6: I need to.
Speaker 10: Can I try one?
Speaker 3: Of course? Of course?
Speaker 10: I pop one in and I go that is delicious. You're gonna have to give me the recipe, of course?
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 9: Do you all need help bringing the rest of this in? Oh hello, miss Baker and come come, come with Douglas with douglascope, Sybil.
Speaker 10: He went to get caramel, but it turns out this lovely gorgeous baker here pas caramel.
Speaker 3: So could you please grab the electrically the electro dooble boiler. There's well in it and we just have to plug it in for a few minutes and we'll let.
Speaker 9: What Why did he leave? All right?
Speaker 3: So do we need to get them back?
Speaker 10: Yes? I don't know anybody's phone numbers here, So if someone could call him and assure him that there is caramel present.
Speaker 9: Sig Man, Yeah, could you get could you get Douglas back here?
Speaker 3: I'm busy.
Speaker 9: I'm going I'll help you carry the boiland, but I'm also making money.
Speaker 5: I was going to try to put caviar in that man's drink.
Speaker 9: Put fine, I don't, I don't. I'm not disappointed by that at all. That is great, helps lead folks inside. I don't know if the Bullock is.
Speaker 3: On our way in.
Speaker 5: I guess Sigmund is going to go look for uh for Douglas. Person. I can't believe I said that out loud.
Speaker 7: Thunder Bullock is standing in the corner with an oat milk latte, sort of placidly surveying the chaos.
Speaker 6: She's above roll.
Speaker 4: How do you make an out?
Speaker 5: Don't ask, don't tell. Yes, all that.
Speaker 10: Charity is going to chat up and flirt a little with the baker and try to ask like, do I see a ring?
Speaker 3: You know what? You know what? Make it? Make a cocoa, Make a cocoa, check coco check coat check, make a cocoa chack.
Speaker 10: I got double five, oh ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a twelve total.
Speaker 10: But I got double five.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Awesome, all right, so there's a lot twist. Thank you so much for listening to the Spooky dice Bag Holiday Special Part one. We hope you'll come back next week for part two. In the conclusion of our hometown holiday playthrough