Speaker 1: Clutching the hallway, stains on the sheets.
Speaker 2: They call it care.
Speaker 3: It's just cool, creepy.
Speaker 4: D often nice tuting cracks in the sealing, rust down the rail.
Speaker 1: Nursis numb fool the scream sat fool the bests, My thoughts out the danger on a shot on a fato say.
Speaker 5: Welcome to dem horble, carnation on caspre sad the James, the Lord and the factors.
Speaker 2: Sileus, Orphan grace Overking of chemical rad I'm a prisoners, still knows my name, still knows my name?
Speaker 3: Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, fans of all ages, shapes and sizes, we are back with another installment in our episodes for February about questionable facillit. So today we're talking about santion neglect inside nursing homes.
Speaker 6: And welcome back to my beautiful, intelligent, fabulously lovely miss Heidi. How are you, darling?
Speaker 4: I thank you, miss Janet. You're always so good to me. Janet is also fabulous, fantastic and amazing and pretty smart, so don't count her out. Absolutely not. It's a mistake. It's a club. Yeah, it's smart, well wicked, smart too. Even though we might not look at I promise we can do some things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can definitely do some things.
Speaker 3: You know, never underestimate the power of the twinsies.
Speaker 4: That's right. We're like the twins on Arnold Schwartzenegger and Danny Dipto.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: This, Even though this is a sad situation that we're going to talk about today, I'm glad we're doing it because this situation is just out of hand. And even though we're going to go into like how it was reformed, it's still out of hand.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say later on, when we get further down the rabbit hole into things, I'm going to share because I had to do a lot of rotations and nursing homes and I decided way back then that that was not the place for me.
Speaker 4: Oh no, take me out back and shoot me first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was not my cup of tea. Now, could they use good workers, yes, But because of the way things are set up, even though there's wink wink oversight and things are supposed to be better running more smoothly. They are literally the worst places in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like cattle or the dog pound. I don't know, something like that.
Speaker 3: I think they actually treat animals that the dog pound better than they treat nursing home patients.
Speaker 4: So we used to go we used to go visit my aunt there long time ago, probably like mid nineties, and I just remember half dressed people in the hallways, screaming for help, the smell of piss just it was like overwhelming. And I already get overstimulated pretty easy, like ah, people screaming whatever. And I have worked in some of them. And the thing that makes you feel the worst is, you know, typically when I did agency, you know, you would get one full haul and you would have like ivs and pick lines, and it complicated dressings and tons of insulin dependent diabetics which nobody's checking insulin with you, and like all this crazy stuff. And then you I've got like a total of forty people to give meds to, and the CNAs want help, and you want to help them. But the problem is if you stop this guy that needs his desperate medication for antibiotics, or I'll never whatever it's gonna be late, and so you would sometimes have to say, you know, I'm so sorry, like I'll have to go get the aid or whatever. Like the one exception for me is I will always help someone to the bathroom because that's just not okay, the dignity issue there. I'm not going to make somebody have a problem in their pants, like that's horrible. But oftentimes that's real.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happens because they're overwork, they're underpaid, they have way too many people to one you know, aid or nurse or you know, whoever's working, and there's not enough time in the day, which it's very stressful.
Speaker 6: And then they don't get good qualified help.
Speaker 3: And that's where they get a lot of people that really don't care. If you sit in feces for twenty four or forty eight hours, they don't care.
Speaker 4: And they they usually only have two eighth for forty people. That is bananas. And you know they're raking in dope because they make you forfeit your whole medicare check. Oh yeah, whether it's like cheap medicare, like you're you're all of it, disability, whatever you get is theirs right, and they take the whole thing even if like say so and so pays eight hundred, this guy has eight thousand, like they're taking it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: With that with the financial stuff, and I'm sure it's different in different states, but like coming from Indiana, if you owned a house and you went into a nursing home, you had to sign your house over. You could no longer own your home. That was now the property of the nursing home.
Speaker 4: Which just reminds me of the old churches. That's how they used to do this. So and we're going to get into all this, but it just disgusts me. I understand that people are really busy in America, and I get it, but I'm sorry, Like in Asian countries, this is a travesty. And I think there's something because I was raised with a lot of grandparents around me. I was raised by my grandma, and she took care of her mother, so not that she needed. She didn't want to be took care of. She's an old pioneer lady. She's like, get the hell away from me, and she legitimately could do everything. She was still bathing her ninety year old sister at eighty something, you know, So this is what we're working with. Yeah, the guys dropped dead early. I don't know why, but that's what happened. And you know, these women lived a long time, took care of one another, so it didn't happen like that, you know. And my grandma just used to bake me, like don't please, don't ever put me. And I tell my kids this now. But also it's not just about giving grace and love and being helpful to that situation. It's also taken something out of the home for American children to learn from their elders, to respect their elders, to have you know, community importance for old people, because not all of them are freaking just thrown well, none of them should be just thrown to the curb, you know, like some of them are more damaged than others. And I understand that, Like maybe they can't talk, but you can communicate on another level, you can. I don't know, there's a part of humanity in me that just says, that's not how this is supposed to be.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I think it speaks volumes to today's society because we're lazy, we're instant gratification, and we don't want to be bothered with something that could be and something I mean, look at compare that to like the parents that use like an iPad or an iPod for a babysitter, right, or phone for a babysitter instead of actually interacting with your child, Like nobody wants to be bothered.
Speaker 4: And well, then I get you don't want to change your parents, Stiper, But here's the problem.
Speaker 6: They changed yours yours, see exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just have instilled with my kids from a very young age and it actually backfired on my second daughter, which is rough because she's so giving that she's ended up in some weird situations where she's like, I was just trying to help this guy and he's weird. He got weird, you know, And why would that happen? I'm like, because they saw their predators. It's not your kid, you know, right. But at the end of the day, even you know, if you don't want to live with them, then build them as she shed in the backyard. I don't give a shit, Like you guys have some sort of responsibility to these people. And that's just how I feel. And I know that's not going to be popular.
Speaker 3: Well, and it may not be popular but maybe we come from a better generation where uh, that's not something that would ever cross our minds to do.
Speaker 6: Because I'm a caregiver. You're a caregiver.
Speaker 3: We're compassionate, caring people outside of what we did for profession, you know, And so I can't I can say that it wouldn't matter if it was my family, if it was my husband's family, it would be the same.
Speaker 6: We would take it on.
Speaker 4: And like with my husband, he's got a really close brother to his parents, you know, And I get that, but hold on one second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, it's it's one of those choices that people have to make, and they should have kind of discussions with their family members about what they're going to do when when their family members get older, and what the expectations are, what the limitations are are you going to take in your family members, you know, and if you're if you're the one that's aging like me, because I'm seeing your menu level age, now, what you would like to see from your family and if they will be willing to do so or not do so, which is not always you know, things that people don't discuss. And then it comes down to it and somebody has a stroke or you know, some kind of illness, and they wind up having to make that decision at the last minute instead of thinking ahead of time like do you have room, like where would you set somebody up in your house?
Speaker 6: And things of that nature.
Speaker 3: So those are definitely things to go over and to consider, and you should be having those discussions before the time gets here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. And you know, my grandma was close to me, but her mother wasn't overly close to me. Sorry, I had a funk my kid right anyway, So I still would get off work when she got really sick and she ended up, you know, in hospice at home, and I would go over there and help, like I help with I probably gave her her last I was of medication, you know, to pass away. My grandpa too, They all died at home because we don't. We don't do that. My grandma unfortunately, no, because my cousin had power of attorney, so I couldn't. She shouldn't have been in a hospital. She had a very specific power of attorney there and she didn't want any of that, and they did it, they did cardiac measures, and I'm sure she was just livid. And I just was like bro like stop, what are you? She one of the times she woke up for a very short brief seconds.
Speaker 6: Ope, a lost her.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be one of those days today, ladies and gentlemen, where uh play stupid games when stupid prizes. Uh yeah, it is one of those things. Hair, let me remove that one.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 4: It's like nothing's working, like my grade isn't working? My uh son? Is that? The stories like your cards? And I'm like, is it what? Nothing's working?
Speaker 6: Stop it, Jim exactly, Sorry, Jim, Jim, you're started to become a stalker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jim, stop that. We're just talking about old people.
Speaker 6: Back up right anyway. But the yeah at home.
Speaker 3: Are important, like with the you know what your what your final wishes are, and you know, discussions are difficult and some people can't face stress, they don't process stress well, and they can't have conversations about do.
Speaker 6: You want CPR, do you want a d n R?
Speaker 3: Do you want that's a do not resus state for people that don't know, Like burial plans.
Speaker 6: Do you want to be buried? Do you want to be cremated?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: All of those things should be discussions that you have with your family.
Speaker 4: If you really want to help your family, and you are I mean, anytime, honestly, because shit happens. Right. My brother was thirty seven, so thank god my cousin had that talk with him, because we didn't know burial or cremation. We honestly didn't know. And think Kevin's he had had somewhere discussion with my cousin because they were both in the military. But I'm like, okay, my grandma, did you know her living will? And she did all the things. Everything was outlined exactly what she wanted, all her measures, what she did want, what she didn't want, everything, and it was That's why when my cousin went against it, and I love him, he panicked. It wasn't to be. He wasn't being mean. This is the problem. He freaked out. And when her blood pressure dropped and it was time for her to go, he panicked. And they said, okay, well and they will override that. If you have you know, a DNR, your power of attorney person can override it. And actually anybody in your family can overwrite it if their immediate family like kids and husband. Yeah. Ever, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And please, it's so funny because him and I have have these discussions often, and you know, we even like if you're going to do a funeral or not funeral, and if you did, what kind of music would you want played?
Speaker 6: And you know, see what your songs and you know.
Speaker 4: What do you want? Yeah, because I don't want people staring at my dead mug. I'll tell you what right now, that's some creepy ass shit. And you people, anybody can if you need closure, I get it. But for me, that's creepy because I've been to a lot of funerals. I don't like it. My husband knows, the family prayer people. They can look at my stupid face. If you want to see it, then shut the damn thing. Shut it. I don't want a bunch of weird people that didn't care about me in life staring at me weird dead with my hair bad. No, No, I don't like that makeup job. What I look? You know what I hate the most, And we'll get on with it. People come to every funeral and this is zach. I've had so many tragedies in my family. I'm telling you. They all come around the casket, they do this, and then they go he looks really good, And I'm like no, he doesn't. He looks like shit, like, what are what some people do look good? My great grandma looks great. She looked like what like I don't know, just she just I was like, go grandma. But and my son's stepmom tragically died really early, and she looked alive, and it was almost scared. It was almost frightening, like we we were waiting for her to breathe, you know. It was like, Oh, that was also weird. And so with my brother, because he was an accidental overdose, they had him for a minute, girl like it was like over ten days, okay, because the state requires it on anybody under the age of forty to make sure blah blah blah. And so by the time they got him, I just almost disassociated because I was like, like, I'm staring at this thing that is supposed to be my brother and it is not my brother, Like, in no sense of the word, did that look like my brother? And everybody's saying how good he looks, And I'm just like traumatized, and I'm thinking, Okay, he always wore shades always, and I happened to bring a hair because I was going to put him on him when they should shut the thing because he always wore them. And it was then that I saw my brother because his nose at least kind of looked the same like certain things, you know, and that's really traumatic, like when you are trying to put two and two together and say goodbye when it's not you know, I had already said goodbye at the hospital, and so that was it was hard. But I'm not saying if you guys do it different, that's fine. But like Janet said, all this stuff should be an easy outline so you can actually have your wishes done because if somebody panics your.
Speaker 3: Scripts, especially like for us, I don't want to put that extra stress or burden on my husband or on our children. You know what I mean, it's so much, it's so hard enough. Exactly what I want. This is exactly what I expect, you know. And don't go waste your money on a stupid burial plot somewhere, you know.
Speaker 4: Check me in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put me out there with the wildlife. That is yes, what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: My one kid, she's so like hippie woo woo. She told me that after everybody leaves, I have to get her naked. So she I said, I am not going to be alive. First of all, I am not dying before my children are. I'm not alive if you're gone. You know, I don't want that. So I'm going to put that out there right now in the universe. Please God. We've been through that a lot and enough. But she said, Mom, if by chance, I just don't want to be in there all stuffy. I said, what about the funeral man, like you want me to shut it? And she's like no. I said, well, you can't be naked in there like for the people. And she said, just stick me in a nightgown then, and I said I can do that. And she's just really obsessed with that, like she wants to go out how she came in mm hmm. She said, I can understand that little much happy kid.
Speaker 6: If you had open cast it with a niggad.
Speaker 4: I mean we'd be like oh and then everybody would go, yeah, wake up. And you know, it's just she's funny that way in general. But I was like, that is a new one. I haven't heard that before. You know, everyone in Utah. I don't know if people know this. Everyone well that's been through the temple is buried in their temple clothes, and the people that put the clothes on are the family members. They have to go dress the dead corbs. It's so weird. Welcome to your weird lesson of Mormonism for today. And I'm not saying that that's bad because I know lots of people dress their loved ones, but like it's a ritualistic type sitch, and so yeah, they go and dress them in their weird temple clothes and all the things, and so they all go always the same, oh those two those but their temple actual clothes with their Masonic apron and their robe and their hat and the veil, and so everybody that dies looks the same. It's kind of creepy in a way because they're all buried in the same exact thing. And so I was like, miss me with that ship, don't you put don't let them get me? He do it.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe that's why uh the uh heaven skate people with the Adidas stracksuits and whatever. Maybe that's they were following the same kind of thing where we all got to be.
Speaker 4: It's very similar. You're not you're barking up the right tree, because it's all death cults at the end of the day. Yeah, pretty creepy. Creepy. Well, I'll share my screen and shut up now. But there's there's your you know things for today. Do take care of your plans.
Speaker 3: Straight lessoned for today kids, Yes, yeah, and you need it. History of nursing homes right, They were not called nursing homes back in the day, and so older people and especially people with no means were often forced into places that they would call poorhouses or almshouses or any of the different things that they were called county county homes, infirmaries, things like that.
Speaker 6: And so let me pull that, pull your thing up.
Speaker 3: So who was put in these homes. It wasn't just elderly people. So early nursing homes were not just for the old age. Elderly people without family were a big portion of it because like they outlived their children or they never got married, they didn't have children, and they had no surviving relatives or anything like that, and so they would basically institutionalize them to keep them off the street. Widows were another big thing, widows and women, and so because of the fact that women rarely owned property, you were less than you weren't worthy to be a member of society. So if your husband died first, you got put in there just because you were widowed. And most women didn't work back in the day, and so again if he died first, that made you poor, so they would put you in. Or if you were childless, you definitely got sent there. So women were a big portion of the of the nursing homes as well anybody that was quote feeble minded or cognitively impaired, and so it didn't matter if you had Alzheimer's or delirium, if you had stroke related decline or any kind of developmental disability, you'd be in there too because uh and they would be there there senile, insane or an imbecile, So.
Speaker 4: Like that whole colony situation for the epileptics and feeble minded didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that a very nice place? Super duper so chronically ill people also were put in there, So if you had tuberculosis, if you've ever had a stroke, if you had a limb amputated, and if you were blind or war veterans or with injuries, they were also committed.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: Alcoholics and morally unfit people there would be a lot of people in the States, Oh shit, you all better watch it. So if alcoholism in the eighteen hundreds and early nineteen hundreds was treated as moral failure and degeneracy, and so these were early mental health terminology, and so they would they would put them in there.
Speaker 4: I thought this picture was crazy because he's like, this is a cool side by side photo for leg back in the day, Like ya, He's got his legs on and his legs off, And I kind of think it's it's pretty cool that he would even do that, because a lot of people nowadays might not.
Speaker 3: Right one hundred percent. So kind of like we talked about on the previous episode with the Kennedy family, So the members that people couldn't handle or didn't want to handle because they either they were difficult or they had behavioral issues, they were embarrassment to the family, they were somebody that resisted authority.
Speaker 6: You and I would be in the nursing home Whoopsie, Yeah, if you were pressed or grieving.
Speaker 3: So if your spouse dies in your grieving, they would put you in a facility as well.
Speaker 4: Better get over it, Bessie.
Speaker 3: And release from these facilities was very very very rare, very rare. And so not only were they uber overcrowded a lot of times, they were not heated. Wouldn't that be a fabulous place to be? They were really super dirty and had, like I said, the very mixed population, so children, elderly, amputeese, heerculosis, so all of these things put together. And so because of that, disease was rampant and they had very high death rates in their area.
Speaker 4: And they didn't like to beat them apparently because this poor lady.
Speaker 6: What the hell a big time? Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that was purposeful or not, but damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but that's that's a horrible thing. And that still happens today too. Because this one made me laugh a little. It's not funny, but.
Speaker 6: It looks like me in the morning.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm like, this actually seems like an actual real torture thing. But his face is like, what the hell is happening here? Because something's going on with his tongue. I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, I don't know. And what is that around his neck?
Speaker 4: You take a weird I think they like he couldn't spit and couldn't talk and couldn't do things with his mouth like I don't even know that's all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that was the basis the premise of the first nursing homes, and of course along came the Social Security Act of nineteen thirty five, and it unintentionally fueled the rise of private nursing homes. What could possibly go wrong? And then you know that stepped up later on when we came out with Medicare and Medicaid in nineteen sixty five, and those programs made government the largest payer for long term care and also the largest collector of finances and properties for long term.
Speaker 4: But they don't have money to pay for people anymore because right now, well.
Speaker 3: Because we're giving it all the way to people that aren't from here. But that's beside the point why digress. So nineteen seventies and nineteen eighties was spurred like a bunch of public outcry and demand for regulation because of the things that were happening in the nursing homes and so not only widespread documented episodes of systemic neglect and abuse and things like that. But it took another eighteen or seventeen years before they passed the Nursing Home Reformact of nineteen eighty seven to establish minimum standards. And believe me, minimum standards is literally what they follow to not get their doors closed and to still get their government funding. Supposedly, patients get a bill of rights to help fight mistreatment. But if you are alone or if they isolate you from your family like we saw during cold then how would you fight against your rights being abused.
Speaker 4: Here's the actual laws being enacted for that. So I thought that was a cool picture. Is like I said, I mean, you know, people got smarter, and I think this is why they're running running out of money, is because they started making sure they had living wills and that their property wasn't going to be seized and all this stuff, right, and and that's why I think they're having the trouble they're having.
Speaker 3: Because it was like a giant piggy bank for them, you know. And even though with all of these different acts and stuff and privatization of nursing homes or whatever, they're literally you got people that retire from Congress or retire from other positions and political life or whatever, and then they start up foundation and they run these So is it really privatized?
Speaker 6: No? No, just going to the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Were there some private facilities, of course there were, but that didn't mean that you got any better care than anything that was government sanctioned or privately run.
Speaker 4: And these big mansions in Ogden, it was very uh prevalent, and still some of them are still being like refixed to turn the big mansions, like you know you said, into these war at homes or whatever. And I used to run a wedding business and I like rented the deep basement of this creepy mansion. And let me tell you some of the creepiest stuff ever because there was like a slight down there that I think it might have used to been for mortuary stuff. But it also had all these tiny little rooms like it had been separated out, and then there were school chairs in there, which was weird because it wasn't a school, and there was like a kitchen down there. This is like in the deep, deep basement, and it honestly looked like one day the aliens came and just took I wished i'd tooken pictures, took all the people and just like whoop and took them all and then they were just gone because there was still like weird toothbrush, like there was still stuff in there. It was so bizarre. It's the craziest, but well better better than a nursing home.
Speaker 3: I say, well, and like we talked about on a previous episode, you know, were they experimenting on these people and are there or if they dug up in a lot of these properties, would they find like mass grapes where these people just up and disappeared because they don't disappeared from from one means or another right, and then they just like the.
Speaker 6: Carried them out back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spooky.
Speaker 3: So abuse and neglect are definitely systemic problems still to this day. It is still a big, big problem. And so almost a third of nursing homes back in the day had violations likely to cause harm or serious injury or death to patients. That's interesting, huh. Probably a lot of that going on too.
Speaker 4: So some little re enacted silly photos, but they're not going to real ones.
Speaker 6: She's like, Marge, sit down, like I'm trying to to let go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let go of me. People used to grab me all the time when I'd go see that ant help me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, so what the studies that have been done, forty four percent of residents have reported abuse and ninety five percent saw neglect. However, only about ten percent actually takes place in reporting because a lot of these people, especially if they were mentally incapacitated, had no means to be able to report anything, and the workers are sure not going to report. And I know everybody has probably seen like videos on TikTok or Facebook or Instagram, which there was a lot of it during the COVID stuff where they were there would be a worker that was literally assaulting a patient, like beating them in the head or you know whatever. Yeah, it's still a problem. It is still a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, terrifying, Hold me down so I can feel.
Speaker 3: Better, right, that's well, sometimes people just need a tight smuggle like.
Speaker 4: That, right, Yeah, that's not intimidating.
Speaker 3: So not only was their physical abuse, but of course verbal and emotional abuse. You know, your family doesn't want you, they abandoned you, all the things, even the kind of things that they would do to the children and the orphanages. Definitely neglect. But financial exploitation was a huge thing still is a huge thing. He's taken she's taken all the money, which is.
Speaker 4: Not a nurse bro be. The corporate people back there.
Speaker 3: Pretty much what still happens these days.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So.
Speaker 3: The nineteen thirties to nineteen sixties is kind of when they made that shift away from like government stuff to the private nursing homes because of the So Security Act. But states shut down many of the poorhouses and the almshouses and things that existed before the term nursing home, and they moved people into the private nursing homes without consent so that they could receive payment. Isn't that nice because you know.
Speaker 4: Nurse, wouldn't you want to go to bed? Let's get it.
Speaker 6: Well, although I wrapped me down, strap me down.
Speaker 4: I have to say this about the posys and for people that don't know what that is, it's like a backwards shirt and it ties to the back of the bed when they were hooked to the alarm, the bed alarm that pulls as soon as they move, and not strap down, but just to let us know, right, you're going to fall now because people forget and they just want to get up and they break their hips, right right. So we've gone to this reform to help, and what we've done is we've become retarded now. And so this is what I have to chart. Patient has the right to fall. Are you serious right now? Like we're not going to do anything for Betty who's super old and frail and doesn't understand.
Speaker 3: Or like very denial, doesn't have or anything, or they've got her on drugs like ambient.
Speaker 4: Right, and they always do and it's the horror. Do not give that to old people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm telling you, because it makes people jump out second stories thinking that they can fly.
Speaker 4: They get cuckoo crazy, I'm telling you right now. And also, uh, they're am a tripolene. Don't give that to old people tras. Sometimes that's a bad idea. I'm not saying always, but it can be.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: A lot ofs that are give them benadryll that are things that they should not be getting.
Speaker 6: But that was a major problem and still is.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And they would medicate them as a form of chemical can chemical restraint because they didn't want to be bothered, or they didn't want to have to keep checking on somebody getting up.
Speaker 4: Or Bessie checked her pisture light too many times.
Speaker 6: Knocker at that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And so you know, early treatment in these places it was I don't even think you could really use the word treatment, right, it's very that's a very loose, loose interpretation of treatment. And so not only did they have the physical restraints that ties the belts, all of that stuff, but they also put them unlocked wards. Lots of times havely sedated him or insulin shock therapy was used on people, especially in psychiatric instances or whatever. But remember on a previous show where we said you could be deemed a psychiatric patient if you were a female, you were menstrating, your going on your what do you call it menopause, if you're infertiles, or who don't believe your husband, if you speak up against your husband, if you're not submissive, all of these things were considered be a mental health problem.
Speaker 6: And so how.
Speaker 3: Many people were they using insulin shock therapy on this should have never been getting shock therapy in the first place.
Speaker 4: This is part of their insulin shock therapy when they're waking them up.
Speaker 3: And so not only are we doing insulin shock therapy, but we're also experimenting with electroconvulsive therapy. So we're shocking the shit out of people because we're thinking that that's going to make them normal. So if I'm just there because I'm on my period, right and you're electrically shocking me. What does repeated shocking do to your body? And how does that destroy your body? So are they helping people? Are they making them worse? And they didn't have to consent to do any of this, just like the the cold bathtub water for days and you know all of the other things. Same kind of stuff was happening in the nursing home facilities as well.
Speaker 4: I want to know what spider monkey can crawl up to that padded ceiling.
Speaker 3: Well, you never know, and maybe they have really long your nails or toenails and they can climb like a cat. And Jane's up on the ceiling again, mewing at the other residents.
Speaker 4: I would be impressed. I would be like, you go, James, don't fall though, I don't want to do that paperwork. No.
Speaker 3: And so along with the electro sheriff shock therapy and the insulin therapy, they would also do forced feedings, require them to be put in isolation rooms, or they would starve them because you know what could go wrong when you don't have food or water and take your body starts to shut down and you get psychotic.
Speaker 6: So not all all the facilities did this, but.
Speaker 3: Elderly institutions definitely overlapped with psychiatric places, and so they would definitely be part of this.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine just being old and your legs don't work and your roommate's Google crazy, Jim, You're like, he's thirty and he can bench press me. Right? Can I have a new roommate please?
Speaker 3: Like, I wonder if you're allowed to put in a request to move or if they would be like, you know what, Heidi, you're asking too many questions. I'm going to put you in isolation in the padded room, the padded cat room.
Speaker 4: I'll take it.
Speaker 3: They just need some scratching posts in there and some toys. So these facilities and why it was such a problem, It was a means of social control, removing the unwanted or the quote unquote dependent people out of public view because God forbid, we don't want to have to see that kind of thing, and taking over or managing basically the people who were economically or socially inconvenient. And so they were diagnosed, which these are lovely terms, non productive, burdensome, and financial liabilities. So if you put that in the context of today and today's thinking, we don't have a need for nursing homes for much longer, in my personal opinion, because we're swiftly moving off of a cliff like Canada where we're going to have the maid services, and so they're going to have you know, mandatory euthanasia for.
Speaker 4: Ready to go home today, Jim right.
Speaker 3: And by by going home, I mean going going home to your maker, Jim going. And so I can I can imagine that that is coming, because you know they're they're pushing that, and a lot of states are like pushing, like California is pushing for that same kind of thing where oh, you're depressed, Well, we'll just scale you off.
Speaker 4: I can fix it. I can fix that for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred and so.
Speaker 3: Every body saw the stories or whatnot during COVID where especially when the made thing first, like got a lot of national attention where you had to have a leg amputated or something. Instead of them making you a prosthetic limb, which would cost a lot of money for the fitting and the maked and you know, lifelong checkups and refittings and all of that kind of stuff, they want to euthanize you even though you still have another leg. You could still function perfectly fine, you.
Speaker 4: Yeah you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I can definitely see that these will probably go away. So before nursing homes were quote unquote medical facilities, they were literally just holding pins for the unwanted, the dregs of society, the less than the deplorables.
Speaker 4: In other words, they were poor, right, Yeah, that's what it was. Because if you're a rich widow, you ain't doing this.
Speaker 6: Shit, right, no, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And so some high profile cases that have come about in recent decades with nursing home staff. One of them this was actually there was a Netflix documentary about this particular person. His name was Charles Cullen, and he had managed to administering lethal doses of medications to nearly forty patients, most of them elderly, across hospitals and different care facilities. And so this particular guy, even though he confessed to forty, the investigators on the case thought it was anywhere actually from forty to four hundred different people that he had killed in these different facilities. So he worked one, two, three, four, five, six, seven different facilities in Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey. And so he would stay there and then when things would get sus and he felt like somebody was on to him, he would move on to another facility, which is what they do.
Speaker 4: He must be a dick because he has a spit mask on. So I'm just saying he must be a real asshole because they don't do that for nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And so because he moved from job to job to job all the time, a lot of facilities though when they were they would suspect him of doing things and they would confront him. They would allow him to quietly resign instead of report him to the board or report him to this state because they didn't want lawsuits or bad publicity at their facilities. So that happened at multiple facilities where they would catch one of it and then they would administration would brush it under the rug because they didn't want to be on the news.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 4: And he was killing people that not that this makes it. I mean, he's still killing people, but he was killing people that were functional. And you know, if he was doing me a favor, Like I'm not trying to be horrible, but like if I am suffering in every sense of the matter, and he's doing a compassionate thing, that would be different. It's not what he was doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, he was.
Speaker 3: He would inject people with lethal doses of either insulin or did joxon and so they would have cardiac issues because hello, you don't need jo joxin strongly suggests you don't take it, and so it said he would target vulnerable patients and so a lot of times elderly people because he did not like elderly people whatsoever.
Speaker 4: You have issues or I don't know which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or people that were critically ill. But he did also get people that were fine, you know what I mean. And so he would also alter the medication records and try to be all sneaky that way, which, hello, I'm glad we have pixis machines and things like that to you know that where they can keep a close eye on dispensary stuff, which back in the day was was not so much a thing.
Speaker 4: And double checking insolence I think came from this whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And so he would always take the night shift because obviously it's a lot quieter and a lot easier to commit murder at night than it is during the day because it's.
Speaker 6: Just going to run into family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just went to bed, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So he finally got caught because he was at a place called Somerset Medical Center, and the pharmacist were the ones that actually noticed unusual medication withdrawals. And a co worker and this coworker, her name was Amy Lafran and her and him were actually best friends. They piled around, you know, her kid was around.
Speaker 6: Him all the time.
Speaker 3: They you know, hung out and stuff frequently. But she actually is the one that also turned on him and reported him to the police.
Speaker 4: I would to quit it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So that was a thing, and so.
Speaker 3: Lots of places, not just the United States, but investigations in Ireland revealed that residents were left in soiled clothes, crying for help and properly handled so state reviews happened.
Speaker 6: This is a common thing.
Speaker 3: Heidie's got a picture on the screen with like overcrowded hallways where they just wheeled them out into the hallway and leave them there. And that literally every facility that I ever worked at all the home wise, was exactly like that.
Speaker 4: Yep. They go to eat, they lay them down, they get them up, they go in.
Speaker 6: The hall yep.
Speaker 3: One and sometimes without food or water all day long because those same aids, the two waids for forty patients or more. A lot of patients had to be fed in the dining room because they had you know, pury diets or whatever. And so if you have to feed somebody, then you're not taking care of these other people because you can't feed those people fast because of the choking hazard.
Speaker 4: And you can't feed four people. Yeah, it's ridiculous, Like, okay, we'll say a third have to be you. It's so hard. I feel so bad for the right because they really try. And then people come in and they're like, you're a dick. You didn't take care of my grandma. I'm like, you you left your grandma and she's doing the best she can. Because the corporate ran facility, it ain't and they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't care about hiring more staff.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 3: That's not a concern of theirs because they're concerned as bottom dollars profit and if they're already quote unquote losing money right and barely breaking even, they're not going to hire more nurses or more aids at all. You're just going to have to deal with it.
Speaker 4: You mean, Jerry didn't get as triple quadruple bonus this month.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, which is exactly what happens, and that happens in the hospital systems and all of that kind of stuff too. If you're a peon, you don't get anything, and you probably will never get a pay raise and you'll never get coworkers to help you. But they'll still get their big money for being CEOs and CFOs.
Speaker 4: They walk around in suits, they don't do shit. This is why I worked the nurse The nurses night shift, like where I work now is not like this, but always because I couldn't stand it. You'd see them just parading around and they're you know, really expensive outfits, like do some work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a hands on person even though I was a nursing supervisor. I was very hands on. I did patient care, I did like.
Speaker 6: All the things.
Speaker 3: I never sat in an office because I couldn't stand it. It made me crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's wild, like I get that they have some things they have to do, but like you can help.
Speaker 3: You know, are they really that busy though, I mean, in all actuality, probably not.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: This one was a picture from the Bulgaria thing. You mess.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say that in Bulgaria, caregivers were actually charged because they tied up, beat and drugged residents, leaving them an inhumane condition, and the facilities were illegal.
Speaker 4: So sa mirror on the wall of blood that they left, Yeah that I'm pretty sure that's old blood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a no.
Speaker 3: In the United States, we had taxpayer uh fraud issues, So investigations found that nursing homes were diverting millions in taxpayer funds. Hello again, while residents were suffering with de hydration, malnutrition, or severe neglect.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: What were these facilities doing with the money? They sure shirt weren't taking care of the patients.
Speaker 4: They weren't buying better food. I know that because the food is a situation. I know. Look, I know they can't have salt and whatever the shit. But look, first of all, if I am that old and you put me on a low salt that you mother.
Speaker 6: You better, you better give me my salt.
Speaker 4: And if I need a puaid diet, let me choke, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: That stuff is really disgusting, by the way.
Speaker 4: So sad, I had a picture of it, and I can't find it. Of all the things that that I've got on here, that food picture isn't here.
Speaker 6: It's really gross.
Speaker 3: And and that stuff it tastes like chalk. And so you know, if they're feeding you chicken noodle or soup or something, you put it in a blender and you put it with this chalky and you blend it up and give it to them and that is yummy.
Speaker 4: There's their meat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the side of Brussels sprouts.
Speaker 3: That just makes me. I'd rather eat the paste than eat the breustles.
Speaker 4: I don't want none of the let me choke. Listen, it's better to go out on chocolate than this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. I would much rather choke on chocolate. Besides, you know gross. Yeah. So, not only did these problems happen because of staffing shortages, but they're also very poorly trained because they need help so badly. If they do get a new staff, they don't have time to train them. They don't have time to let somebody shadow them or whatever.
Speaker 6: They don't have proper care. They don't know how to use.
Speaker 3: The hoist or the lifts or the shower chairs, transfer chairs, any of that stuff like, they don't know how to do that because nobody has time to show them and oversight wise, who is literally going to report you like at all, and who's looking into anything?
Speaker 6: Who is who is going.
Speaker 3: To sound the alarm to the government that the facility is not being run properly.
Speaker 6: Certainly not the facility. Just seeing.
Speaker 3: So isolation of residents, especially from family members. If they can cut you off from their family members, then you definitely have a leg up there because then they cannot come after you for anything if they cut you off from your family, which, like I said, we saw a lot of that during COVID, where you can't visit family members, you can't see them if they're in a nursing home or a facility of any kind, because you know you might have you might have more cooties than what the nursing home has.
Speaker 4: I had a picture. The other picture I can't find and maybe it's here and I'm missing it, but is one of people visiting their families in twenty twenty through the window. And that just made me sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent, And that should never ever happen because that should be part of your care plan in any facility for any reason.
Speaker 4: Is there were so many people that were willing to sign Oh here it is JK. There were so many people that were willing to sign that if I die, I die, you know.
Speaker 6: And so do you want to share your thing again?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is it not?
Speaker 6: Nope? You again?
Speaker 3: What's the matter, Jim? You don't like us talking about this? Oh boy, your face is frozen again.
Speaker 6: Believe it or not.
Speaker 3: We eventually will get through this episode, even though Heidi Kip's getting booted or removed from the stream.
Speaker 6: There you are, Oh now he is gone again. This is craziness.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Oh Jim, Jim, We're gonna put you in a nursing home and use restraints.
Speaker 4: Jim. So there's that. But I have to say that because somebody will say she's threaten to kill him, right, knock it off? You know who you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks definitely, because we needed that extra help.
Speaker 4: Because this is just the medical system and why are you so afraid? Right?
Speaker 3: And they don't censor nonsense, and so obviously we're over the target on all of our research for this show, or they wouldn't be having a problem with us.
Speaker 4: So my last episode I dropped this morning. I'm dare saying that's why that's being naughty, because they tried to kill that epidisode so hard. That we did multiple links well, other like zoom to this one to that one other one's stream yard. It didn't matter. They wouldn't let me record that episode.
Speaker 6: Well, so you must be on their list today.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm definitely not every day.
Speaker 3: What's new? What's new, Jim?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are idiots. There's nothing better to do than spy on me. And I'm super boring. Didn't get through the dishes in a minute after we're doing Why you got.
Speaker 6: To watch that? Sometimes you can be doing dishes in an appropriate manner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, regular mom, mom staff laundry. Okay.
Speaker 3: So not only did they do the Nursing Home Report Act in nineteen eighty seven, just providing basic standards that they're supposed to abide by, but they also passed in twenty ten the Elder Justice Act that choirs reporting of abuse, background checks and safeguards aimed at preventing neglect.
Speaker 6: Ever, I'm just gonna say it's something. Background checks cost.
Speaker 3: And if you think that every facility does background checks on their employees, you are sadly mistaken, because.
Speaker 4: In utahotic about they upload our fingerprints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of states now, nurses, definitely you have to do a background check, and it's like an FBI background check that they do on you. But as far as nursing homes and a lot of states, they don't abide by this because there have been uh cases of violent abusers. Oh wow, uh, especially like I said earlier, the videos on TikTok and stuff that we saw especially during COVID, where people were getting beaten to death basically by workers and nursing homes and they had criminal records.
Speaker 4: I want to tell people a story too. After you're done with this. Oh, go ahead, So I want to tell you, guys, the worst thing I ever heard and I didn't see it. I just heard about it, and it was It's something to think about when you're making these types of decisions, Okay, when you're making the decision where your loved one is going to be right and if they're not of sound mind, especially okay, because they can't tell you, Oh that night, nurse, you know she's hit right, aunt? Whatever? Yeah, a stroke patient, same thing. So multiple patients in this one nursing home that I worked at, like twenty ten. Maybe they went to go for this operation and I said, oh, is she prolapsing her bladder? Or what's going on? And the girl, the daughter of the woman, said no, I'm having her devaulted. And I didn't know what that meant, okay, And I said, what do you mean? And I was a younger nurse, like I'd only been nurse maybe like ten years then, and I said what does that mean? And she said, oh, we're removing everything of her insights and sewing her vagina shut. And I said, what that's a thing, Like why you know, because I couldn't. I'm like naive apparently, uh. And she said, because then she can't be raped. So there's that and probably kicked out again.
Speaker 3: That is terrifying. But I also thought, uh, some patience and older care facilities are a little promiscuous. And I have had a lot of patients and facilities like that that have had like syphilists, uh and and stuff like that that you know, because they used to work in the red light district in our city and so, uh, they were old timey hookers and they were.
Speaker 4: Older you know. You know what. That makes me laugh because my son works as a CNA now and he said, there's no boys there, mom, And these women, these old ladies that are kind of oh you know, they memory care patients. Yeah, they're trying to get him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah there, and they get they get very feisty. And the population uh in facilities nowadays is mostly women because for the most part, women outlive men. And so you got a bunch of horny, feisty old ladies because your your hormones peek and trough at certain times in your life. And the elderly patients it is peaked, believe it or not, and so they are a hortier than a house on fire.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny because we used to have couples that would have their own rooms, like and I was young, and I was even a nurse, and they always told me, make sure you not before you know and you mean too, you mean too for privacy. The things I seen that day I cannot unsee. And you came.
Speaker 6: Home all the way taking notes, going we should try this.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. I was barely nicety something right. I was like maybe I was twenty because I had had a baby by then. And I came home and cried and cried and I said, honey, you love me when everything is on the ground, you know all the things, And he said, of course, And I said well, you know what, I have to love you that way too, because I saw something swinging clear down to somebody's knees today. That was scary.
Speaker 6: Guess new meetings.
Speaker 4: Work your cream master muscle is a good advice if you're a dude.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe he was the original guy that did like the helicopter thing.
Speaker 4: Oh he was like ninety two. They were getting it down. They and I came out all shook, and the girl goes, I told you to knock. I said, I thought you meant for privacy and I didn't. I'm sorry, I meant to and she said no, they do this all day, and I was like shit. I was like, oh my.
Speaker 6: Gil, there's no boredom in their room.
Speaker 4: Nope, you didn't go in there without knocking six times a day. They were busy, just saying, oh, Will and mar you know what, that's great, they're married whatever. I hope that's mere.
Speaker 3: More powerfil I hope that when we get that age that we're also.
Speaker 4: Just not six times a day. That's insane.
Speaker 6: But yeah, oh.
Speaker 4: Boy, the things you see nursing is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that is I mean, we could write novels about like all of novels about things that We have seen so many so on the over or understaffing issue in terms of and this kind of shed some light on why this is such a problem. But more than ninety percent of all US nursing homes are severely understaffed. Now that is frightening that you only have about ten percent.
Speaker 6: And they're the rich peoples they have okay staff.
Speaker 3: And everybody else we're sorry. So I don't know, but that's terrible. But because of the understaffing problems. Definitely have a severe weight loss problem due to insufficient feeding because like I said, a lot of them need buried food and whatever, and you can't humanly feed forty people at the time, so.
Speaker 6: It takes it's open.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I found this one really, this one bothered me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They all do the same thing, and there's little kids with grown ups. But if you notice they pull into themselves and this happens and they stay this way, they get contracted.
Speaker 3: One hundred and so along those lines, they also get a lot of bed sores because they leave them in their bed or in a wheelchair all day long.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: If you're supposed to go in and turn a patient, you know, every every hour, every two hours, that doesn't happen. You know, it doesn't happen, and so your your skin breaks down and you get awful bed sores that can literally tunnel all the way down to the bone. And the smell, Yeah, I have seen that and it is terrible. And so when they have those infections like that, those ulcers, those bed sores, that can lead to a blood infection, so they can get sepsis just because they're not turning them properly, or a lot of times it's on people's heels. They're supposed to put heel cups on them that are made of like lambskin or whatever so that you don't feel or not lambskin, lamb's wool, so that you don't you know, that's not completely rubbing on the sheets all the time and stuff.
Speaker 6: So I've seen some on the butt.
Speaker 4: And the toxics those are the worst ones.
Speaker 6: They're they're awful and they do smell like the worst.
Speaker 4: Running forget it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that you can't get out of your nose and it's literally stuck in your nose for for days time and all eternity.
Speaker 4: That's a Mormon word.
Speaker 3: So yeah, h and it's it's like disturbing, it's like smelling sea diff and that just like.
Speaker 6: With you with sea diff as a.
Speaker 4: Sea diff g I bleed and bed sores.
Speaker 6: So also they're going to have really bad hygiene because they can't shower themselves. They're dependent on someone to shower them.
Speaker 3: How do you shower, toilet and dress forty people within an hour or two.
Speaker 4: And clean up their room and get them ice.
Speaker 3: And dressing their wounds not possible, and so that's a huge problem for them as well. And then rather than hear them screaming, because some of them, if they will them in the hall, they will literally scream all day long.
Speaker 6: Non stop.
Speaker 3: That's when they like drug them and sedatum so that they don't have to listen to them making any noise.
Speaker 4: Which is even more sad because that's the people that actually still try, but the ones that don't try it all that gets me so.
Speaker 3: Rightad Like, So there is a new trend and uh, this is kind of yeah, this is kind of interesting to me. So they're they're moving away from nursing home facilities per se. And they've come up with a new idea called the greenhouse project. That's an interesting name, but it is a redesign of nursing homes meant to eliminate institutional hospital like feeling for and they're swapping out like these big giant care facilities to small home based living centers where patients are supposed to have more dignity and more autonomy and more one on one basically relationship given care. So instead of facilities that house you know, hundreds of residents at a time, these new greenhouse facilities are ten to twelve people in a well.
Speaker 4: Oh cute. But I also like, there was this old picture and I guess I didn't download, but there was like these little cottages, like like really old fashioned apartments, and I guess they used to do that like back in the day when they were turning the mansions or whatever into like homes, and oh maybe this is it. Look look how cute this is. And I'm like, this is amazing, Like these this is like a nursing and they help a tiny garden. But but my favorite idea is this, y'all, and listen people that have money, because I don't. These malls, yeah that are going out and they have like tons of floors of like amazingness. I saw this thing where somebody said turn all the old malls into nursing homes because people used to love to go to the malls and just set up fake shops and just let them go walk in their power walk and do all their stuff. And of course you have one wing of like sick people, but a lot of them aren't sick. They're just kind of crazy. Let crazy Joe go hide in the shopping center firm. I mean, who put on a lot put an apple tag on him, It'll be fine. Come well.
Speaker 3: And a lot of them elderly patients like mall walking anyway. So and that's that's actually a really good idea. Now I'm going to say, even what these little greenhouse things, Okay, they're supposed to be ten to twelve people in a facility. We had facilities like these, and the state that I came from not a nursing home facility, but for people that were like developmentally disabled. They are still like ungodly understaffed and you know, poor training or abusive or whatever. So I can still see this being a problem.
Speaker 4: It's so crappy.
Speaker 3: It was like to the guy that thought of this has name was William H. Thomas and advocated for this for a long time.
Speaker 6: And so you know great workers.
Speaker 3: In these places, they're called universal workers and in his model, in these greenhouse models or schabasms.
Speaker 6: That's what they call them.
Speaker 3: So they're cross trained to do everything. And so not only do they cook the meals, they provide personal care, They clean, and they build and forge relationships with patients. If I worked home healthcare, and that's literally what a home health aid does. Uh, you know, they have to do all the things they can do, the laundry and all the stuff. It's basically like being a mom.
Speaker 4: Right, some of them have Okay, so we're in this new era of patients have rights. Right. My favorite one is my daughter worked in one of these homes for people with TBIs and she's like, there's this one patient. You can't tell them they can't do things right, Like, they can do things within their parameters. And so one of his parameters was like he can go for a walk or he can whatever because he's not completely gone. Well, he'll go for a walk and get a hooker a lot.
Speaker 6: Again, And she couldn't sign into.
Speaker 4: The facility because that was illegal, but like they could go for a walk and she's like, Mom, I'm like, oh my gosh, yeah, I don't know. I said, well, the only thing that I would do. She goes, what would you do if you were the owner in this position? And I said, run an STD panel every month.
Speaker 6: I don't know what else to say, because they still.
Speaker 3: Have some kind of bodily autonomy, right, And if you're if you're in a facility, your family sticks you in a facility, you're lonely.
Speaker 6: That's why.
Speaker 3: There are STD rates that elevate in you know, elderly communities or living assistant living facilities or whatever. Because it's human nature to need human contact and skin to skin interaction, and so it's normal that people want to do that. And so what they've been in like a sexual being their whole life, and now all of a sudden, because they're older, you're going to be like, that's gross, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: And they didn't use protection as much back in the day, so I don't think it dawns on them.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the high rate of syphilis.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And so these places that don't believe in the chemical restraints or physical restraints or anything like that, they don't have you know, they don't make them get up at like five o'clock every morning and feeding at eight or anything like that. It's very like a laid back kind of concept, which I kind of like. But like I said, is it really going to be any different in one of these facilities than it is in any other facility?
Speaker 4: Are you seeing? Are you seeing the pictures or is it delayed?
Speaker 6: Sorry, well now I see the picture. Okay, got up there.
Speaker 4: That's so weird. Okay.
Speaker 3: So these are supposed to be beneficial facilities because with the autonomy and keeping their dignity and all of that stuff. Statistically speaking, they're saying that they have fewer hospitalizations, so lower hospitalization rate, fewer bedsores, pressure ulcers, redo us, the use of any antipsychotic medications, families are happier, and they have better staff retention.
Speaker 4: But the only thing is is they do get paid for services, so like ot PT. So what they would do at this unnamed place that my daughter doesn't work out anymore where she loved the people and her boss was creep by the way, a freaking creep that tried to hit on her. Anyway, long story short is they forced these residents to go to the gym, they like have.
Speaker 6: Wreck time.
Speaker 3: Oh I lost you again. If you can hear me, you're frozen. Oh oh, Jim, please stop it. And so these places also report lower infection sorry that oh now she's going again, lower infections and lower mortality rates at these greenhouses. So if that is a if that's a thing, then good for them, you know, I hope they're I hope that that stays that way.
Speaker 4: But I don't Maybe this guy has family or something that maybe I was telling my story. Uh, they forced them sometimes to go to the gym when they don't want to go, So that's what I was saying.
Speaker 6: They get for recreation time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there I shared again. I don't know, it's being crazy, but it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of like like a lot of facilities, they have a like activities director whatnot, and so they'll have uh, you know, like scrabble game time or craft making or whatever, which is great for people like in a.
Speaker 6: Retirement community or or whatnot.
Speaker 3: But those things were created two for staff to wheel these patients down and stick them in a room for craft time or whatever it is, so that the other staff, the CNAs or aids of whatever kind, or nurses could actually have a breather or have a break, have a moment to themselves, and.
Speaker 4: So can you see these? Okay now, Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Let's be a nuns today.
Speaker 3: So right now in the United States, there are about three hundred and eighty two of these greenhouse homes in eighty one or thirty three different states and eighty one different campuses. So I guess these eighty one campuses must have multiple of these greenhouses. Kind of like the picture that you showed where it kind of looks like a little subdivision or whatever.
Speaker 4: These look like little tunnels maybe for food. Maybe these are like more independent people than these are.
Speaker 3: So only three hundred and eighty two of these in the United States, and these are supposed to be like the exception of care or exceptional care. So that's to me not very good numbers because.
Speaker 4: You know, I bet they're more I mean, I don't know how much they would be, but I'm sure they're more money.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sure. And so I don't know, but the.
Speaker 3: Like I said, if if, if they do and their staff are happy, which you would have to pay your staff very well to not only be an aid but a cook and a cleaner.
Speaker 6: And all the things.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: You would have to compensate them very well for them to retain staff and to have a happy staff, because if not, you're gonna wind up with staff that you get in a lot of nursing homes that should never ever be around to elderly people ever, right though, So this is disgusting, But talking about the abuse and thing, I actually saw some first hand accounts of residents who not only were like set out in the sun during heat waves and they would make them stay out there, but they would put them on shower schedules where they would only be able to bathe once a week.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. That's pretty typical, well, any times a week in.
Speaker 3: A facility like that where you literally walk in the door and it smells like pee and poop, I was gonna say every facility I have ever been in, it's like an overwhelming smell as soon as you walk in the door. That's literally what it smells like. The people sitting in the hallway with dirty diapers and.
Speaker 6: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: If they put them in a diaper or uh they put the chuck's pads on the bed and let.
Speaker 6: Them you know, pee your poop on those and then they leave.
Speaker 3: Them laying in that. So that's why the facility smell so really badly.
Speaker 4: But and then they have one fancy room when you come in, I minus this whatever on the side. But I just thought this was a funny rendition of it, because they always have this grand and then it's so.
Speaker 3: Bad they have one of those fancy rooms for people. And that way, like, if they have somebody that wants to come and tour the facility, they'll take them in there and they'll try to keep them in there as long as possible in that room and away from the chaos.
Speaker 4: Wait, they don't put like the crazy screaming help right lady by them.
Speaker 3: So nursing homes are another place where the government ran some experimentation, and this is documented by the FDA, And so this didn't happen in all of them, but select nursing homes. Wink wink, And I'm sure there's more than what's listed, But internal FDA documents reveal that experimental drugs were sometimes slipped either into patients' food after refusal, or administered to disoriented or cognitively impaired patients who could not consent. And so again nursing homes were testing ground for the FDA to try to get approval on this that or the other. And sometimes according to these FDA papers, they would not even stay in their study parameters, which that happens all the time when they're doing trials, but they would have like an age limitation that it had to be nobody over like say eighty years old or something like that, and in their own documentation it would show that they completely skirted that and they would experiment on people that were even as old as like ninety eight years old, so nullifying basically their own study. But they did it anyway, and then those drugs got approved.
Speaker 6: Just like everything else does exactly.
Speaker 3: So like Heidie's talked about before, these kind of things are common where they experiment on population. And just like the Tuskegee Airban syphilis study that they did, even though it wasn't in a nursing home, but they they created all through history like the culture of where it's okay for our government or drug manufacturers to experiment on vulnerable populations, and they're definitely.
Speaker 6: A vulnerable.
Speaker 4: These are real pictures, you goys.
Speaker 6: They can't consent. This is the Tuskegee thing.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it, yep, just to see what would happen, so you know, the white guys could stop having their faces fall off, apparently.
Speaker 6: Right, And so.
Speaker 3: Ethical questions arise, and they have interviewed a lot of people that were caregivers and nursing homes, and they get to the point where they rationalize any kind of neglect or abuse and say that it's just an unavoidable part of the job because of you know, time and pressure, constraints, resources, lack of resources, and so they don't even see it as like unacceptable behavior. They see it as it's just part of work.
Speaker 6: And so that's what we do.
Speaker 3: We just neglect and abuse people all day long because the system created that basically have any other choice as we can get away with doing that.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, and so not only are they having.
Speaker 3: Problems with staffers in that aspect where that's come to be normalized that are okay that they do these kind of things, But we saw like during the COVID thing, where the government and facilities kind of like in cahoots where they're cut off all visitation.
Speaker 6: And stuff. And this is not new.
Speaker 3: This has happened throughout history where they cut off visitation or you can only come during certain hours the hospital does the same thing, and then what do you do with the other hours in the day, and how many bad things happened during that? And like I said, the law that was passed in twenty ten where they're mandated to report abuse and neglect, that's like telling the government that the government has to report on the government for doing because.
Speaker 6: They're making on the people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're making all the ratios through the states, they're making all these laws and then what do you do with that? Right?
Speaker 3: And so it's great that they're passing all this legislation and whatever. Actually there hasn't been that much legislation, but like four or five different piece of legislation since the early eighteen hundreds. But why are the facilities still operating like they did back in the day. It's because there is no enforcement branch to be like, you know what, and who's going to tell on themselves? And if the facility is having a lot of widespread abuse and neglect, are somebody inside the facility going to blow the whistle on that to the government where the government will come in and either cut fending or shut them down.
Speaker 4: No, not likely, not until there's a bunch of problems not.
Speaker 6: Going to happen. And so because of that, enforcement is very lax.
Speaker 3: It's very weak and spotty in most places. And so even since COVID, and this is interesting, serious deficiencies in nursing homes have risen sharply since COVID, So things are actually documented by the government that they're getting worse. But again there's no oversight and no regulation. So who's going to do anything, even though in their own reports they're like, oh my god, it's like awful now, a sharp spike and abuse and neglect cases and blah blah blah, but.
Speaker 4: We can't do anything and they'll get away with it because.
Speaker 3: You know, and it'll be like like the other facilities that we talked about, what's it going to be like the mental health asylums or whatever, like another twenty thirty years before anybody shuts them down, probably whatever. And so sometimes, and not very often, but prosecutors have brought charges against facilities under False Claims Acts instead of abuse or neglect or whatever, because those are harder to prove.
Speaker 6: You got to prove intent and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So they charge them under the False Claims Act because they're actually charging Medicare and Medicaid for services and things that were never performed. The hospitals do the same kind of.
Speaker 4: Like churning them every two hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're billing for things that aren't documented or whatever. And so, like I said, it's easier for them to go after a facility under the False Claims Act because that involves money instead of going after abuse and neglect because they would actually have to prove that. So you go where the money lays, right. We wouldn't want to protect anybody, just like we don't protect kids either, but we're all up. We're about protecting the finances or the financiers. And so the problems continue to persist because of the profit incentives, not care outcomes. They don't care about that. So chronic understaffing and low rate wages is still going to be a problem because like I said, it's money over people.
Speaker 6: So they don't care if they're abused.
Speaker 3: And neglected as long as bottom dollar they're still breaking and funding and money. And there are not really good whistleblower protections in effect, and that goes for hospitals and all that kind of stuff, or even government as we've seen so even though they're not supposed to retaliate against whistleblowers, it literally happens.
Speaker 6: All the time. You can lose whatever.
Speaker 3: And since they can track every phone call, every email, IP address, all of that, Now you're not anonymous.
Speaker 6: I don't care if you think anonymous, you're not. Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: And of course things are going to stay status quo with these facilities because there is no incentive for anyone to report. And if you report, kind of like if you use the VAR system to report a vaccine injury.
Speaker 6: What's going to come of that? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Are they going to pull that vaccine off of the shelf. No, they're not, absolutely not. So anyways, if in effective. Yeah, so the illegal drug studies that they did are unethically, they should say drug studies that they did were from this nineteen seventy all the way through the eighties. So that's a really long time that they were experimenting and the government knew it and they're documenting all this stuff going oh that USh. Yeah, Look, we were mixing the mixing these drugs that we didn't get consent for into their ice cream and their you know bedtimes thing they eat, right, and so you know that happened for a really long time, and then they were like, Okay, well, I guess actor, you know, almost twenty years of studies, I guess we're done.
Speaker 6: Here, and they would move another place. So, going back.
Speaker 3: To the famous cases and people that were at nursing homes, you had some murderers and so Amy Archer Gilligan was a poisoner and owner of a nursing home and so she ran a home in Connecticut in the early nineteen hundreds, and she would poison residents, including her own husband, to collect their life insurance policies. But there was a little fraud going on there, I'd say, And so she had at least five confirmed victims, but authorities actually estimated dozens more. There's also a special that I watched about her as well. Another guy called Frederick Moore's and he was a nursing home serial killer. We could have covered him on a serial killer episode. So nineteen fourteen to nineteen fifteen, he was a nursing home employee and he deliberately poisoned at least eight elderly residents. Freely admitted to the killings and was later arrested and committed to the asylum. So I guess that didn't work out well for him because he went to the asylum and then he never got out.
Speaker 6: So so dude, and.
Speaker 4: Did it scientifically too? Yeah, I like that one hundred percentes this heading and he did it scientifically.
Speaker 6: I'm like, killed eight in home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what why are you bragging about that? That's weird.
Speaker 6: Oh he went to Bellevue. Oh good First, a bad day, bad day, bad day for you.
Speaker 3: Dude. You're gotta have a life in the crazy house. And with the torture and all the things, was it worth it?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 6: Gonna know? Not, Just want to know? Okay.
Speaker 3: So the the Bulgaria case, this happened to twenty twenty five as well. It was called the House of Horrors, and so this is where they tied, drugged and locked residents and homes. These were in two illegal facilities and a village called Yagoda, and they were tied up, sedated or drug held for years without contact with the outside world and an extre unsanitary, degrading conditions. And several staff were actually arrested on charges inclusing unlawful imprisonment. So they were kidnapping people and holding them against their.
Speaker 6: Will, also for violence and neglect and so, uh, that was last year. That was still going on.
Speaker 3: So the other ones, the earlier ones were shut down, and these were they're like, my bad, let's do it again the.
Speaker 4: Government, let's replace it.
Speaker 6: So good for them, I guess. And so there were some other doozies throughout history. I got, I did. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Anthony Joyner in nineteen eighty three in Pennsylvania. Although a little tad less famous, this caregiver raped and murdered at least six elderly women at a nursing home and was suspected in up to eighteen deaths of elderly residents.
Speaker 6: So isn't that nice of him?
Speaker 4: Gross?
Speaker 6: He gave him a boinkin and a poinkin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty bad. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so the next one, this.
Speaker 4: Guy, I have to say, I think this is Alistair Crowley's son.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna say this hits home because this is my home state of Indiana, and I was there when this was going on.
Speaker 4: He lost just like Alister Crowley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's very creepy and he's anytime I saw him, like on the news or whatever. Still like it gives me the willies and the hair on the back of my neck. Stands up, zeb push.
Speaker 4: Your brother is here.
Speaker 3: So this guy's name is Orville Lynn Majors. And so for two years, from nineteen ninety three to nineteen ninety five in Indiana, he was an lpn SO, a licensed practical nurse, and he was convicted convicted of killing six patients, but it is estimated that he killed one hundred to one hundred and thirty, but they didn't have enough proof to bring charges on those cases, only the six.
Speaker 6: Huge deal.
Speaker 3: It was all over the news, and he told people, well, they let me back up a second. So they brought six charges against him. They actually focused on seven cases, but they couldn't prove the seventh one and that's why, like he was let off as well as the other one hundred to one hundred and thirty cases. But people that worked with him said that he would constantly tell them about his hatred for older people. He couldn't stand older people.
Speaker 4: What is wrong with you people? The old people are so sweet.
Speaker 3: So he would tell people that, and he would say that we should guess all elderly people. So he would be a perfect employee for the maid service, right because he doesn't like older people, and so he could just go around and euthanize anybody that's older.
Speaker 4: Yikes, crawly face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's a very creepy guy. He's always been a very creepy guy. And so anyway, that's that's the most famous documented cases that I could actually find. I'm sure there's plenty more, but they were the most interesting ones.
Speaker 6: And so.
Speaker 3: With the with all of the the bead staffing, the you know, the murders, the conditions, the literally no enforcement, all of that stuff, do you think any of this is ever going to get better? And if if we're going to make it better, how do we make it better?
Speaker 4: I don't think that there's any possible way that we can change things without love. Now does that mean people that don't have a family don't get good care? I don't think they'll have as good of care as people that have family.
Speaker 6: They love them like it's just a fact.
Speaker 4: And if you're willing to pay a whole bunch of money to somebody else, you know, why not keep that money and hire somebody or I'm not saying you have to live with the person. And memory care units are a different situation because we're talking about people that are going to hurt themselves if they're left, you know, on supervis And there are some better ones, like my son told me about the one he's working at now. It's like an assisted living though and the memory care is a lockdown of course, but he said, you know what they did for Valentine's Day, mom, is they had people dress up like their loved ones from the past and read them letters on the video and played the video so it wouldn't upset them in real life, you know. And I guess they give them babies and they're like baby dolls and dog fake dogs, and like they try. They really he said, they're really cute there, and I thought that was really sweet. I mean, there are things that I understand, like if somebody's in a coma and they're not way up and you pulled the plug and they're not gonna die, and what do you do with that? Like I know, like I get it. There are some instances or maybe you don't have the ability, like you don't know how to or the patients.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and that would be for.
Speaker 3: People that are like on a lock unit, because I I had to do a lot with the Alzheimer's lockdown unit because we had a lot of patient with sundowners and they get.
Speaker 6: Oohber violent and.
Speaker 3: Violent, violent like trying to murder other residents and.
Speaker 6: Fighting and like yeah, and.
Speaker 3: They're you know, they're they're fight or flight hormones take over and they can whoop some ass.
Speaker 4: Oh they're crazy strong, they'll escape. Like I had a patient escape once out of the memory care unit, musted a unliftable window that was I don't even know he was gone. I'm like, it's crazy and he made it far, Like yeah, thank Heavens, we do good checks because we caught everything. But we caught him, but he was clear to the freeway. It was only gone like fifteen minutes. I'm like, Ernie, did you sprint? Like what is happening? That's not no.
Speaker 3: I could understand patients like that where family members cannot take care of them, like they have younger kids and whatever, and the safety issue is a thing, But if you just have somebody that's older they've had a stroke or whatever, I don't understand why you can't step up well.
Speaker 4: And honestly, if you feel like you're not enough to take care of them, you might want to watch this again and see how many more minutes they're gonna get with somebody they love versus even if you are not able to give your undivided attention, they're not going to get it anyway.
Speaker 6: M hm. Oh, yeah, they will be because they won't.
Speaker 3: Get any attention and except maybe you know, once or trice a week, and that's it, because they do they starve them and stuff like that. And some of it is it intentional, absolutely, but a lot of it is not intentional. It's just because they literally cannot care for people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for that way, on a whole, with one or two staff members.
Speaker 4: I think that you could make room in your life, especially if they're bedbound, right like, oh, but I can't change their diaper so frequently or trust me, it's probably going to be more frequently than you might think they will get otherwise, because I'm telling you, unless it's short term for rehab, if it's long term care, they're they're going to do their best. But the shortages and everything we've just explained, you're probably gonna do a better job than you think. So, and you love that person, hopefully you know you might not love who they are right then, but you need to remember things like my grandpa would always tell me because when my grandma aged, she didn't age as good as my grandpa. And I would say, I didn't know, you know what she looked like until later and I seen an old picture and I was like, oh, I get it. I would say, well, you know, do you still love grandma like that? You know you still romantic? And he said, when I see your grandma, I see the girl that I met when I met her, And so it didn't matter to him, And that's where it should be for us. If they get mean because they have a disease or whatever, and they're not like crazy trying to kill everybody, but just like a little fussy fussy right, okay, but there is everything hurt. They want to thank your plan, right, and everything hurts, and like nowadays, like yeah, we talk about a lot of opioid addicts and opioid overdoses. I'm going to tell you people something. When you're old like that and everything hurts, I pray they're treating them for their pain. That is different. And if they have to take pain pills every six hours for the rest of their life, good, Like I don't care unless they are sedated, unsafe whatever all that is. But like if that helps them live a better life, to not be knocked out, not be you know, out of it, be able to do things because they can't move without like wanting to die daily. Like you know, you've got away these things because some people will come in and be like, oh, cut my grandma off all of her pills. And I'm like, like back in the day when Darvis that was the thing, I'm like, it's like two Darvas at a day. Man, that's like a tile and all with a bump, Like it isn't anything, you know, And I just thought, why, like you have some stigma against it, like you haven't seen or tried to go to the bathroom. It's really sad.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's the thing that a lot of caregivers don't understand, or a lot of family members, i should say, don't understand unless you are that person's caregiver. You don't see their struggle and they're decline in their health like all the time.
Speaker 4: You know, well, they're gonna hide it. Yeah, they're happy you're there. They're probably gottendorphins going because you're there. But like they're not moving and trying to go do things or whatever. So if you want them to stay mobile. I'm not saying gork everybody like, that's not it. There's this fine line.
Speaker 6: You get drugs, right, it's either regarded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're retarded and they like drug everybody to the point of Gorkville or nobody can have anything. Ever, Okay, let's use our brains. Well, let's balance things out and say, yeah, Jesse can have this many things because Jesse has a high tolerance and he's been taking these for years and he needs this amount. But Betty down the road here, she only gets like half a pill because she gets crazy if not. So, like, you've got to figure that out, you really do. And the big things are sleep. Old people don't go to sleep. I don't know why, but they don't. They don't sleep good. I mean pain for one. If you're in pain all night, you're not going to sleep.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's a myth.
Speaker 3: You you actually don't require as much sleep, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So these people are awake hurting, could you imagine? I mean, I guess because I've had a lot of pain issues. I'm like, be sensitive to the fact that somebody might be trapped inside a body that is just excruciating, and maybe they really want to do things like, and they're on that brink of like I can take a pain pill and do things, or I cannot take a pain pill and I can't do anything. Let them have it because the longer they stay active, the better. I'm not saying that's for everybody. I'm saying for this instant.
Speaker 6: Act is yeah, definitely important.
Speaker 3: And that's why a lot of these people when they get put in a facility like this and they're forced to lay down twenty four hours a day, or you have a couple hours where you literally sit in the hallway in a wheelchair for six hours or whatever, screaming for help. That and no mobility, and they can't. They don't exercise, they don't do anything with them, and so they're either laying flat or sitting on their butt literally all day long, every single day. You have muscle wasting, and you will die faster because your joints will seize up and the whole nine yards well depression.
Speaker 4: For Fox's sake, Look, you better put yourself in your family. If you don't have the gum to take care of it, you better treat that person like you want to be treated. Because karma is a nasty bitch and I don't care. Age comes for all of us because, like my dad used to say, when I would complain about getting older, he'd say, beats the hell out of the alternative, hay kid, And I'm like, right, because it's death, right, like you either live or you don't, and so like you only got two options. But you better remember this because every one of you, whether you age and do it or whether you have some accident or this will be repaid upon your head, I promise you.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna says going to be Heidi, because on the older.
Speaker 4: We're going to hang out together and cause all kinds of chaos. That's what we're gonna do, right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, We'll have a joining adjoining fleets in our greenhouse.
Speaker 4: She knows I'm a bitch, and I'll take care of it. That's what's up. My husband knows. If his steak isn't right, I will do it nicely, but only twice. Then the nice is not the same. So you know, I feel that's fair. I feel that's fair. If I say it very nicely and very calmly two times is what you get.
Speaker 3: Then it's on a sliding scale after that, and I have no I have no control over.
Speaker 6: How that's scale slides.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, but you do have to remember this. I think this is such an important thing for you know, if you look to the Asian population, they are busy. They are mandated to be very busy people. They're some of the busiest people out there. If you go to these other countries, they take care of their old people. Well, the old people are out picking rice at ninety seven because they take care of them.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Asian people and generally Hispanic people sometimes they take care of their family and culture too, where they will literally have generations living together under the same growth.
Speaker 4: And that is how many Asians did you ever take care of a nursing home standate?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 4: No, I had maybe two in the whole facility. And black people are better about it.
Speaker 3: Also, by the way, I was gonna say, most of the patients were white and they were white women. There were some men, but for the most part it was females and it was always white people.
Speaker 4: The men were the mean sundowning like they couldn't do any They're like, ah, what do we do? Or they're like medical necessary, like oh he needs oxygen and dah dah da da dah maybe people didn't feel competent, you know, to deal with that or whatever. But yeah, it's just sad. It's or the or they're really rich, old white guys that have had twenty seven divorces and they're just dicks, Oh my gosh, and nobody can no, you can't do it right enough. And so maybe I understand that one. Like I couldn't handle that all day long.
Speaker 6: Wives were like, hell, no, you're not staying with me.
Speaker 4: Just hire somebody, you know, let him have his one on one because he's not going to be nice anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and and somebody like that, it doesn't matter, Like even if you do, there's no right there's there's never anybody that would that would fit the bill.
Speaker 4: It's never good enough. And you can tell that guy. I would always ask them, what did you used to do for a living? Well, I was a top level corporate executive. I'm like, yeah, yep, there it is, okay, got it. And if you are that person, I get it, but like, don't be a dick to your nurse.
Speaker 3: Well, and I've had a lot of patience like that that just cannot seem to have a humanity side to them.
Speaker 4: They're reptilians. That's why at all. I'm just kidding. Well, they maybe they're homunculous people. I don't know. Do you know what my daughter told me yesterday? Off topic, but I just wanted to share this. It was kind of wild, and maybe we should do our next series because I know we're coming close, right, wasn't this our last? In this one?
Speaker 6: We have one more?
Speaker 4: So what I think we should do on on transhumanism because I think this is fascinating. They told me last night that if you give birth now, even at home, if unless it's like some special holistic person, like if they're like a regular medical professional, they are now charging you two thousand dollars to keep your own fucking placenta.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that he doesn't surprise me because pluscential sale is a big, big money maker because they use that placenta.
Speaker 6: But they're not supposed to makeup.
Speaker 4: And they're supposed to incinerate that shit. So I'm like, oh, hey, you want your taking grand I'm coming with you to the incinerator. I want to watch the bitch right, and same thing with cirque skin, all that shit we've talked about, But transhumanism, I don't know if you saw it, Janet, because you know, I know you don't keep up with the Mormon crazies. But the Ebstein files mentioned something crazy about Mormons, and they mentioned about Mormon blood and they said he was like he was talking about, yeah, keep paying her tuition as long as you guarantee to send me that Mormon blood. And I'm a pint every week, and I was like, yeah, obviously for multiple people, Like somebody wrote in the thing, oh nobody could give it. I'm like, don't be stupid, no shit, Sherlock. We don't know how many people are involved in this little ring here. Okay, if it's true. If it's true, I don't know. Somebody said you better start proving facts. I'm like, how the hell am I supposed to prove? Go talk to Epstein? Should I go do that? Because I don't know?
Speaker 6: And isn't that where they spotted him?
Speaker 4: And is her if it ain't him, Look, I'm telling you clones, cabbage babies. Uh, you know, the transhumanism like stem cell research, Dolly the Sheep, Howard Hughes Medical Institute being one hundred percent involved in the crisper technology, and guess who else was buying Mormon fucking blood. All I could think about when I read it was like, I only know a couple other creepy people that have been and I know a lot of people, right, well, this is not my real life. But yeah, like Howard Hughes was in with the Mormons, and I thought, I wonder if this little motherfucker, so I start typing Howard Hughes vampire shit goes wild. I'm like, are you serious? Howard Hughes was in the Epstein files, by the way, so was Howard Hugh's medical institute and all this stuff. I'm telling you guys about this crisper stuff. But there was all of these different wild studies that he was doing. But also he was buying I shit, you not, Janet Mormon blood. That made it more real for me. The first part. I was like, some bullshit here, this is some silly nonsense they I don't know what is this a joke? Like? Is this their code for some silly things? I don't know? And then I started reading that they were smuggling. They got in trouble for it. The doctors were reprimanded and against their licensure for transporting the blood over state lines. That brings the new like evidentiary.
Speaker 3: Well, and that doesn't surprise me because the things that I were reading was about the DNA, oh bio biohacking, and it's series that it listed my favorite twenty three and May was listed in there.
Speaker 4: Dude, you know we're gonna we should do one on when we do this, If we do this next, we have to do one on the DNA testing the DNA studies. Because one thing that happened, and right as p Diddy got arrested, I opened up my phone one morning, no shit, just like to scroll. I'm on here, like do do? And I just start scrolling and I'm like, wait what because it'll like send you things that it knows you look at, right. So I look at it and it says something something twenty three and me, well, I do so much genetic research stuff that I just screenshotted it because I didn't have time, not because it was nefarious. I was busy, so I was like, I gotta read this later. Oh it was the best thing I ever did, because that shit's gone. But it showed all about how every single person on the board of twenty three and me the day PA didty was arrested, resigned, every fucking one, and I have the proof. And so when it gets into this and and more Chicky and we'll bring her up when we do this episode all about the word chickies who own twenty not just the twenty three and me, but they She was over YouTube and all of these people suddenly started dropping dead, like the lady that was over the YouTube one dropped dead and her son dropped dead. And whenever you get like a death toll, like this crazy death hole thing, you have to start asking yourself why it's scary.
Speaker 3: And you know, we know that there's some from fuckery going on with the genetics and building the the genome and all of that stuff, and all these weird you know, underground quessions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zoro Ranch.
Speaker 3: Well you was gonna say, Zoro Ranch, and you know all these other things that are associated with it, so.
Speaker 4: Seating labs, like these seating labs and this artificial womb shit, and look it sounds I already. Look, we all said everything sounded crazy. Telly released the ship and went, here's your fucking crazy read it, and then everybody went it's fake because you can't the fact that it might be fucking true.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's on that what is it agenda twenty forty oh twenty thirty which whatever. Yeah, and it talks about like transhumanism and they're push toward that and the the baby wounds and likes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Taking out your consciousness basically removing your brain and hooking it up to something whatever.
Speaker 4: If you guys do that, this is where in the Bible where the Bible comes in, it says in the last days, men will cry out for death and they will not be able to die. Figure it out before it happens. Yeah, let them do this.
Speaker 6: He'll be one of those people.
Speaker 4: Don't go get it, don't do the thing like neuralinks scary enough. But I'm telling you guys, there's some actual like where me and Janet study these things. We go deep dive and prove the real facts. That's why I can't stay on a damn show with Janet.
Speaker 6: Because that doesn't help.
Speaker 4: It doesn't happen with everybody else. It doesn't happen if I'm talking crazy, that next one will probably be fine because it's crazy. It's crazy, and they want us to talk about crazy shit. So but I'm telling you guys, like there are people that had lots of money that were obsessed with this stuff. But there's older things like Paracelsus, and we'll get into that, like the Paraceelsian society and stuff, and what they were doing when they say they made a person in a bottle, this homunculus thing, and there's these old books that you know, you guys, this is one chap. I will bring the heat for this. But one little piece of it is they had to beat the cow, which is where the baby is, because they like made it with blood. Here we go again with the blood. Why Mormon blood. Most of us are oh positive because of our genetics, and oh positive matters when you're donating. So there's that. But yeah, I know, when we're looking at all this stuff that sounds crazy. Then you put it together, if you know enough about Paracelsus stuff, you go, oh my gosh. And then but then they have to get the biggest dog dick they can find and then beat the cow. Like some of it's crazy.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a bad pornography.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a weird one, y'all. But you already know I'm weird, so whatever, I don't care. But one of the first Paracelsian societies was here in Utah. Tell me they weren't fucking with some stuff.
Speaker 3: I just want to know what it is about Utah that has all this weird, like it's perilental, strange, like it's always Utah.
Speaker 4: I just that's because well, one of the very first prophets sons so not profit he was like in the top counselors Orson Hyde. Yeah, I think you'd be. I can't remember. But anyway, Orson Hyde's son. He was a genetics doctor and they were very involved with Obviously we're gonna have to go to the Nazis for one of these shows. Let me do this, because who was obsessed with this? Right? And if you look at the Epstein files, they're crazy about the blue eyes, like they're psychotic about it. But where does this come up? I'll tell you where. Laurie Vallo, the one that killed her kids because it was a mercy thing because sabotens and we'll get in that later. But this whole thing where she kills her kids, right, because it's like mercy and if you read about why, it's very strange. But she mentioned something over and over again about how blue Joseph Smith's eyes were and I went, you motherfuckers, like you've known this for so long, Like this is actually a little bit frightening to know that you guys have found some superior thing, you know, and it's way before Hitler, It's but did yeah, I mean sure he was their puppet. But this is like stuff that's old, so crazy crazy Ville. But these studies go back like the Boys of Brazil and I know that's not real, but like we have to look at it like it's just it's that shit crazy. So I think they just shove it in our face and they're like, oh, but it's fiction. Just read the book. It's fun. Take your Gila monster today? Yeah, did you take your Geela Monster shot today? To be skinny? Because we all hope you turn into reptilians but we're just kidding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well kind of like COVID and they're like, oh, it doesn't change your DNA like at all, Like like it doesn't and now they're like, oh, just getting our bed, Yeah it does modify that.
Speaker 4: And one of them we should definitely do on blood blood like just a whole bunch on like a the Golden Blood be like these old Cherokee stories of blood and like these weird things, but it comes into kachina dolls. I know how it sounds crazy, but I'm telling you, guys, this stuff, this weird stuff, Okay, it came from somewhere. This wasn't just somebody trippin', Like it's repeated too much. It's just on and on and on repeated. So I think that you know they're tying. They're like definitely tying things together. And who else talked about this whole? Tim Ballard said the Mormon Church was and I know, like I get it. He was under fire. He jumped ship to the Catholics. Don't forget. They're all working together, right, all of them. But he said some shit that was like pretty nefarious that people were like, well, Tim Ballard's an asshole. I'm like, but assholes tell the truth sometimes, so we have to look at it. He was talking about those damn blue eyes again and Buddha. They talk about Buddha having blue eyes. Right, They are messing with some stuff. And I don't want to ruin it all because I already know, but yeah, it gets weird, That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: So I'm just gonna throw this in there. But you mentioned a Kachina doll. Oh yeah, and when in my previous marriage he was an abusive alcoholic person and so he was always very violent and whatever. And I went, we had this big glass front door, and I was walking by the glass front door one day and I'm like, there's something on the porch. Somebody put a Kachina protector warrior on my porch. I don't know who, don't know where it came from, don't know if somebody sent it, if this a bit.
Speaker 4: Just what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm od of whatever. But that was like a protector thing. And I thought it was weird that because I didn't even know what a Kachina doll was at the time.
Speaker 4: The stories of what's weird they come from is crazy. It has to do with angels. Also in these papers from Epstein, uh Les Wexner, the pink guy Victoria's Secret right, like the number one, one of the main funders for Epstein. He said, and I quote, he had a dipic in him since he was a child, like a dipic, like a dipic box dipic mm hmm, like like a bad spirit. I'm sorry, what the fuck did you just say? Like I know that there's a lot in those Well it's going to take as a trillion million years to look all this, you know, through the Epstein files. But it is wild to me how many things came out that I was just like, what did you just say? He had an evil spirit that rules him. That's interesting because that goes right along with some stuff that I study.
Speaker 3: M That would that surprise you, would that shock you?
Speaker 6: No, nothing though, nothing is not now anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not anymore because we see and then it makes it make a little more sense when you hear they were requiring blood. Okay, and it sounds ridiculous, but if you know about these bloodlined families, why is Utah involved Because they are the posterity of first families and there are only so many first families that came over on the very first Mayflower and they are very important. So yep, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 6: Looking forward to that series.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a good one. I knew i'd come up with something. To think about it for a minute, I do.
Speaker 6: I've been writing notes out taken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Heidi forgots.
Speaker 3: So thank you, my darling for joining me for another episode.
Speaker 6: We got one more in the series.
Speaker 3: And uh that one's gonna be some crazy business as well.
Speaker 6: Uh so where can they find you?
Speaker 4: My dear? Absolutely well, Miss Janet always a pleasure. I love talking to my bestie and she puts up with me when I'm running late because I go crazy and forget things like the dog's food this morning. But we don't have to put room. I'm telling you a way to go. Riger you saved me. Thank you so much. That's my son for anybody that doesn't know. So he's a good kid. He's off to his job as a CNA as we spoke about all this stuff. So, uh, you can find me in all my chaos at on filteredrice podcast dot com. I'm also everywhere podcasts are served, but especially if you're watching this episode because you're lucky enough to be subscribed, you are probably on my Patreon because I don't let these go out very often because I think they're well worth it. So five bucks a month, like it's really not that deep. But if you can't do that, I look, I've been poor a lot in my life. I get it. But if you could please on Apple, Spotify's great, but on Apple leave me and Janet a review, that would be amazing me Unfiltered Rise, her at Deplorable Nation, because if it goes to other places where we do certain shows, we don't really get those. So it's great to comment. Yeah, that's cool, Like, that's cool for those, but please for just me and her Deplorable Nation and Unfiltered Rise podcasts, because we really need it. We were talking about this before we went live, and I'm not going to get into the weeds with it, but we're some of the few people that we just are on our own that way, and so yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Need persa and we always like to hear feedback and comments and whatever. So greatly appreciated. So make sure you go like, comment, subscribe, share, download her show as well Unfiltered Rise. And you can find Deplorable Nation on every podcast platform and if you want to watch the videos Spotify and Rumble. You can find me on Instagram at Deplorable Janet or onto Twitter or x at no Janet k n OW. So for me and for my beautiful bestie, miss Heidi, thanks for tuning in, ladies and gentlemen, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 6: Have a fantastic day.