Speaker 1: All right with with Evan with our show, You're gonna ruling it be, except with some sweet pursuing.
Speaker 2: It handled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at?
Speaker 1: Think Eagle?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 2: Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get cratic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit tun then sont out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I wonna hang out with a friends rocking on the radio, my host.
Speaker 5: Talking on the radio. It's time turn to this fall. All three stream up and.
Speaker 6: All up on our radio.
Speaker 7: Yes' happy Monday, everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. We've got an action packed presentation. We're gonna take you all the way till six o'clock. It's gonna be a fun ride. I guarantee it. Man lots to get into today. But before we move forward, we should probably think Athletico Dallas for having us out to Garland on Friday. What an awesome remote we had out there with those guys, just an absolute blast and I had to leave right after the show. You guys stuck around for a little while. What were the vibes like in downtown Garland. I was blown away. I mean I was legitimately blown away. Not that I have a lot of experience with this, but I can't imagine there's too many whether it's Double A Baseball or USL soccer or G League teams in the NBA or whatever, that have ever launched a franchise like this. They had a concert and the downtown area was packed and you could bounce around from all the stores. And then when it was time to make the announcement, they had a pariah that came from behind Fortunate Son and there was I don't know, what do you think, Katie, about one hundred and fifty people in that parade and maybe more.
Speaker 5: I've always struggled a how to count how many people might be at a place. Yeah, I would be lying it could be. It could have been one hundred or five hundred. I'm not good at that. Yeah, but it's packed. And I'm just talking about the actual parade. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: And they came parading around the square carrying the Athletico Dallas flags.
Speaker 3: They marched through the crowd.
Speaker 7: They were shooting flares up in the air and then they got up on stage and they made the announcement and they showed a video and man, I was blown away. Congratulations to Athletico Dallas and thank you for having us out there for that. Man, the logo they debuted is really cool looking to a snake and a wolf, right, yeah, it is a wolf and a snake. I've never seen that to where it's two things instead of just one. Yeah, I thought that was bad means well, yeah, they broke it down in the video and they were just talking about how they were worthy adversaries and they represent the battle.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: Wolf Snake sounds like a band that totally you guys going to Wolf Snake tonight? Yeah, or snick Wolf I guess works. No, Snake Wolf sucks. I'm a Wolfsnake guy. Prey came through though, like I was in the way, like get out of the way here. They come as a marching band coming through there. It was badass and everyone fought the weather a little bit too. Everyone thinks everyone who came out and saw us on Friday too, because it was rainy and nasty and the rain kind of kept hanging around a little bit more and it was pretty lit.
Speaker 3: But we told you.
Speaker 5: People have been sleeping I've been saying this since like twenty fifteen. People have been sleeping on Garland for a while. Now, Downtown Garland is dope. Yeah, they got a fun mayor. You know he got to see fun mayor.
Speaker 3: He went on the stand up. Yeah he does bits. Was he funny dude? He was doing some bit on the corner kick And I just was like, what I don't see.
Speaker 7: I don't think Kevin was pushing downtown Garland in twenty fifteen. I would have got I think he was more of like a twenty nineteen at at the earliest.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: I just remember he was bringing a lot of toilets in the lawn on jokes and stuff like that. I'm like, man, you've been pooping on Garland. Me and you have had Garland's bag forever since goes so far back. Being Richardson guys, Richardson and Garland. Richardson and Garland is like the wolf and the Snake.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: That's what it represents. It represents the Jupiter Road right there on that line. So Garland is our big rival being Richardson boys. What about for you guys, for your small country towns. You're only who's your wolf and snake? For only holiday?
Speaker 8: It was ours Holliday, forty jack rabbits were ours.
Speaker 7: The horny jack rabbit. Horny jack rab rabbit in general is already horny. It's just pumping all the time. And she's talking about horny jack rabbits.
Speaker 5: Yeah, horny.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she keeps saying horny in a little jack rabbit named Kate out there in Forny, right, Why she keep saying horny?
Speaker 3: Like, why do you say it like that?
Speaker 8: Because it's Monday.
Speaker 3: Excuse the name of the day of the week is an excuse for Broadcastle's.
Speaker 7: I think in every small town the real adversary of the community is dancing and alcohol. You know what I'm saying, because the Lord is against both of those things.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Okay, well this is so interesting that you bring this up because I went and saw Centers Okay over the weekend, and it ties into that, and I du there was something about the buzz around this movie is off the charts. If you go to Rotten Tomatoes, the fans score and the critics score are both As of Saturday, it was like ninety seven and ninety eight wow percentile. So it's getting a lot of love. And I saw I was, I saw some big promotion by Tom Cruise to go see it, and I'm like, why he's not involved in the movie. Why is he promoting this? Why does he care? But he gave this big glowing thing. He was like, hey man, this movie's really good. Stick around even through the credits to the very end. And so when that I went with my son and we're in the theater watching it, and I loved it. I thought it was incredible and every single person sat through there, and I'm like, is this Tom Cruise effect?
Speaker 3: Had the word gotten out that it was like that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Now did he say that in his thing? Yeah, okay, he said stick around through the credits. Now, before the movie air there was a big Mission Impossible promo and he wants everyone to come see that in the theater. So maybe this is like, I don't know, the Triple Dipper coming to the table before Mission Impossible. He's like, hey, man, enjoy the Southwestern egg rolls.
Speaker 5: I could be.
Speaker 7: And also he's smart because he's like, what seventy eight years old? Now he looks good though he knows he's like, okay, what are all the young people rushing out to see? I'll attach myself to that smart very similar. This is the whole reason we have Kat and Christina on our Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: We're dying to get kids back in the theater though, and that's what this movie is doing.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 5: My kids went and saw it. I had no interest in this movie because I'd seen the trailer so many times. Man, We're going to see it tonight just because the buzz and people when word gets out the thing is awesome. Yeah, then you're like, Okay, I need to go see it. So we're going tonight. And I'm not going to spoil any part of it because I know you're gonna go see it. But it ties into religion and it and it goes back to Jim Crow and the racest South and then Christianity versus blues music and voodoo and all all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, it is fascinating.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 7: It is a movie that has about a gazillion Easter eggs in it go pretty deep. I'll probably go see it at some point. It's something that looks like I'd want to see. And they actually cared about the filmography and everything, and they use all these different cameras to shoot it, and it's definitely worth seeing in a big theater.
Speaker 5: So that's it.
Speaker 7: Because when you when it first came out, people were talking about centers. I definitely thought it was going to be about like Chamberlain and Jabbar and Travis Frederick and the pouncy brother that plays center and.
Speaker 5: That is what's his name, Marquis Piece and Mary's Mari's.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, it's interesting you brought that up because I think that that ties into a brand new segment we are gonna do next called thing Skin is Tracking, and I have some very predictable yet shocking financial news from the world of movies, and we'll do that next right here on ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up here in thirty minutes, we're going to go into the wayback machine and remember the time that Ben had an issue with the barn Swallow.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Track, another edition of things Skin is Tracking.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys. So I'm very interested in this.
Speaker 7: Bennett just mentioned, you know, Cinners being this big box office thing, and it's good and I don't know if you guys saw the news story this weekend, but you know, there's been all this talk about tariffs, and Trump had a tweet about doing a tariff on foreign films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that. I didn't understand it. No one understands it.
Speaker 7: But we had that conversation a couple weeks ago where we were talking about it was Spielberg who said the best American made movie is The Godfather.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, what all does that entail?
Speaker 7: Well, just so you know, the we export way more American movies than we import, right, And so that's why one of the things that was big about Sinners is all right, what is its national gross?
Speaker 3: And then what is its global gross?
Speaker 7: Because you can have a big domestic box office, but then you get a big international box office and then that really boosts things dramatically. What is the movie that came out this weekend with the superheroes Thunderbolts?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Thunderbolts.
Speaker 7: Yes, Okay, so it did great considering it didn't have any big name superheroes in it, but part of it is that it had a huge international gross as well.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: I'm wondering if you guys are tracking either the domestic or the international gross for a movie that came out this weekend. Besides Thunderbolts, Was there any movie that you guys were aware of that was on your radar that came out this weekend?
Speaker 3: Anything that you can think of?
Speaker 5: No, I mean I didn't.
Speaker 3: I saw the when I was at the theater.
Speaker 7: I saw a bunch of ads for Thunderbolts, but other than that, I really hadn't heard anything about it.
Speaker 5: It was Centers, was the I know, Fantastic Force coming and I'm just my calendar is all about the Tim Robinson Paul Rudd thing May twenty three.
Speaker 7: Which is getting unbelievable pre buzz. They're like, this is the funniest movie in forever, so I'm sure we'll be all over that. Did you guys know that this was opening weekend for the movie Rust?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd heard about that.
Speaker 7: Now why did they move forward, finish it and release it to honor the the camera woman?
Speaker 3: Who or the filmographer?
Speaker 9: What was?
Speaker 7: I think that's one of the best questions anyone's ever asked, and I think it'll be asked forever in the history of not only film but business. Because I stumbled across these numbers. I didn't even know it was coming out this weekend. Had y'all heard that it was coming out. I heard that it was still coming out, and I was like, what I had to like double glan and I one I. When it was told to me, it was like to honor the woman's life because she was the videographer film. Yeah, director of photography, and I was like, that's her last work, and so I'm like really, and actually she might have even just been the camera operator.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, So if you guys don't know, Listening Rust is the movie that Alec Baldwin produced and starred in in which he accidentally shot the lady behind the camera when they were rehearsing, and he killed her and it was a big controversy. This movie opened in one hundred and fifteen theaters this weekend. Okay, I just want why don't we do this game style? We'll go around the horn. We'll start with you, Christina. How much money do you think this movie gross domestically at one hundred and fifteen theaters this weekend?
Speaker 8: What would be good and bad?
Speaker 7: I think good for one hundred and fifteen theaters on an opening weekend is probably in an independent movie is probably anywhere to five to eight million dollars Okay, okay, I'm throwing that out there could be wrong.
Speaker 8: I'll go four million.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say one million.
Speaker 3: Ben, let's see, price is right style one million and one dollar.
Speaker 5: I should have set a dollar, shouldn't I?
Speaker 3: In one hundred and fifteen theaters rust the Alec Baldwin film gross twenty five thousand dollars. No one wants to see a western right now. No one wants to see Alec Baldwin, and no one wants to sit in the darkness of that movie in its story that is off.
Speaker 7: I went and did the math because you know, I can't do it off the top of my head anymore. Basically, it averaged two hundred and seventeen dollars per theater on opening weekend. I don't think you can go to see a movie for a family of four with two hundred and seventeen dollars anymore, can you?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: And that's probably because of what you said. None of us had any idea that it was the opening weekend, right. They probably buried all the promo because.
Speaker 7: Of Yeah, And then you don't also want to spend money on advertising for a movie that's going to.
Speaker 5: Fail, right his fee alone, Alec Baldwin's fee to be in the movie had to be astronomical.
Speaker 7: Well, I think he was the executive producer, which means he probably took less. He's the one who's bathing in it, which is why for the last month or so you could see his new reality show Life with the Baldwin.
Speaker 3: They're yeah, he's so rich. And I could never figure out why he is doing a Western in New Mexico. Doing that work? Just do something else?
Speaker 5: Like why?
Speaker 3: Very strange to me.
Speaker 7: Why do these old white guys get caught up and I want to sink my family fortune into a Western?
Speaker 3: I don't understand what is wrong with these people?
Speaker 7: All right, there it is, there's our things. Skin Weight is tracking. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, the series finale of a show we all love.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss it next.
Speaker 5: Juice Mos Hot Gods come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 3: I am O is a abbreviation of in my opinion and I am O.
Speaker 5: HBO slash Max is the bell of the ball when it comes to just making TV shows right now. The quality is always gonna be good. And last night we had a series finale of an HBO comedy after four seasons. The Righteous Gymstones is now done. It's in the books.
Speaker 3: Well now, I no matter what's caught up, We're not gonna talk about the.
Speaker 5: Show too much, spoiler it or anything like that. We're not gonna do that. But I was thinking, where does this stand on the echelon of HBO comedies of all time? There's a lot of shows that'll come up to but oh, yeah, that's an HBO one.
Speaker 3: So I want to say, Ben, you're probably the only one of the shows caught up in what I seen it.
Speaker 4: I thought I caught up, but I did watch just the preview of it last night after we watched Last of Us and I died laughing, and that was just yea, yeah, the preview.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that show.
Speaker 7: That show is interesting to me because I did I thought it was great, but I thought two characters in particular were outrageously funny, and I had I look forward to see him, first of all, Danny McBride. I laugh at anything he does, So Jesse Jimstone was great, but by no means we'll see the funniest character on that show. It was Uncle Baby Billy. Walt Goggins is one of the greatest characters in the history of entertainment. Like, I can't even fathom how outrageously funny that character is.
Speaker 3: He stole the show. I thought he was the MVP of the whole show.
Speaker 7: And then Judy Jimstone, I don't I mean, I guess she was in Vice Principals too, is it Eddie Edie Patterson? Edie Patterson, I don't even know her name. She was a close runner up to Baby Billy in that show, Dude Cheer. Her dialogue was off the charts awesome. So I have only seen for three or four episodes of season one of Righteous Gemstones, and like Ben Love Danny McBride, I loved the tone of all that stuff, and I loved Eastbound and Down, but I got bored with it after a while. And then I don't even know if I ever finished it, because I was like, hey, you know, I don't know. And then Vice Principals came out and thought that that was damn near perfect because they did two seasons and then they wrapped it up. No, that's a great point, because it's a lot like an SNL sketch mm hmm, like there's a there's enough there that Okay, that's a fascinating character, but if you go too long, it's gonna get drawn.
Speaker 3: I like, there maybe wasn't enough here for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I kind of got lost in the Righteous Gymstones along the way too for that reason. But I got jumped back in here at the end, and Baby Billy brought it all home. I will say that y'all's reaction to this show has made me think, Okay, I should go watch it because I absolutely loved Vice Principles.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 5: I like it more than Righter's Jimstones. But that's just more Walt Goggins. And then the sassy character that will God his mother and the relationship between him and his mother in law. He brings a lot of that to this too, relationships. And it didn't even write so like you spend down was more about like solo, okay, and then I'd like the buddy thing with Vice Principals and this was more story. Yeah, and you get like into it John Goodman's doing and you know Adam de from Workaholics and all that stuff. Pretty wild ending and pretty dark, and it could have gone a lot of different ways. We won't talk about that too much.
Speaker 3: Fuzz think about these shows and I was sitting there going, man, I like to show a lot, but I'm not certain that it's a top ten favorite HBO comedy of mine. Okay, so I'm just gonna list a few. Veep is my number one HBO comedy of all time. I failed by not watching that. You have to okay, and it's.
Speaker 5: It's was made eleven years ago and it predicted everything that's happened in the last eleven years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very good and I love it. But for me, Curb Your Enthusiasm is maybe the most perfect show ever.
Speaker 3: I cove had to recuse myself from these. I haven't seen all of CERB.
Speaker 7: I can already tell you my top two HBO comedy shows of all time, and it's not even close. It's Curb Your Enthusiasm and it's Mister Show Show.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 7: Those are my two fades. And there's a bunch that I love, but those are just like far and away the leaders. I have Larry Sanders show on there ahead of Righteous Jimstones.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I just love playing on the late night talk show Flight oft the Concords.
Speaker 5: I did not have Flight of the Concords above it. I liked Flight of the Concords, but I didn't love it. Dude. The Tenacious d first season I liked, but it's like, I'd rather just listen to the album, But all those bits from the album are in the show ahead of Righteous jimsones for me?
Speaker 3: Is he spounding down?
Speaker 5: Still? The season one is so good. Season two when they go to Mexico is very good. They got way lost in season three and four. I have Silicon Valley above Righteous jim Stones. Are we including the John Oliver in this whole thinger? Is that can its own category?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: If we are, then I would have to consider that. But I think it's its own category, kind of like where Bill Maher is or whatever. I have Bury ahead of Righteous Jim Stones. I have vice Principals ahead of Righteous Jim Stones. So come by crashing. Pete Holmes is a comedian man for three seasons, and it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: I got bored with him. I know everyone gets bored with him because he's awkward guy that shows the most, and I've comedians have been like, Dude, this is the most realistic take on what it takes to be a stand up comedian in New York.
Speaker 7: Just the work your way up thing. Ali, g Oh my god. Hell, yes, I forgot about how that's gotta be up there for me.
Speaker 3: That's in fact, I haven't seen all that. That's definitely top five for me, maybe top three.
Speaker 5: This show.
Speaker 3: I'm just just because we're talking about this. I haven't seen the show Girls. I liked Girls quite a bit. I could see getting board with it, but I liked it a lot, and the acting on it is awesome. Yeah, I missed that one. I don't know why. It's great.
Speaker 5: Hacks one's tons of awards, but I've quit it twice, and I was like, should I give it a third shot and try not to quit it? I think it's fine. Man. I really like the rehearsal on HBO, But I don't even know that you can call it a comedy. That's more of like a science experiment.
Speaker 8: Are you know it was still going?
Speaker 3: Are y'all watching the new one at all?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 3: I've dabbled in it. It's really cool.
Speaker 5: It's it's so strange, so stupid. It's so strange you can't tell exactly what's happening on it. He takes it into some weird places, but he always has a serious facial expression. I never know what I know that guy is really good at that though, So there you go.
Speaker 3: I know that's a righte.
Speaker 5: Gyps is wonderful and I can't wait to see what he does next because he brings back all these people he moved to Charleston.
Speaker 3: Like, he does not live to La Life anymore.
Speaker 7: Are you guys not gonna put the white Uh? Did he live in Charlotte? It's Charleston, Charleston. Yeah, Well, are you guys not gonna put white lotus on there? As much as you love that, that's not think of it as a comedy as much as a drama. But I guess it could be a comedy.
Speaker 3: It could be.
Speaker 7: It's funny. I mean it's it's probably got more comedy in it than Barry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be true.
Speaker 10: There was.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of y'all watched the show that Mike White did with Laura dern.
Speaker 1: Oh Man.
Speaker 3: The hell is that called? There's just two seasons of it called something or other. Huh, I'll look it up. I'll look it up during the next song.
Speaker 7: All right, we got just over three minutes and we're gonna crank up the way back machine and get back into the old barn swallow situation. Is it a story about farm life or is it a bird that's pestering my house? All that's coming your way? Next The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Now listen, we like to give things away, and if you know that you've been listening to the show, you know that, then you need to have that iHeart app because that's what we used to give stuff away. Why it's got a talkback feature on it. You can click this little microphone and leave a thirty second message. So the third person to leave a talk back with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question what movie did Ben go to the theater to see this weekend? We talked about it in the opening segment. If you listen, you know see you got to listen to when you got to have that iHeart app. Third person name, number, email address and the answer to the question what movie did Been go see this weekend in the theater? And you will win Mars Volta tickets October twenty fifth, Bomb Factory Mars Volta. That should be a badass show. Bomb Factory back. Baby, All right, we got lots of stuff to get to. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Trying to the wind to get worbot.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it is a Sinko to Myos story. It's not today Sinco to Mayos. Thought that was interesting speciality. A lot of polls have shown that thirteen percent of Americans have no idea what Sinko Demayo's all about. I thought it would be ninety percent of Americans don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not one hundred percent of the intricate details of it.
Speaker 7: It has something to do with Mexican independence from Spain, correct, And isn't it worsted me?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 7: I think you just supposed to drink Mexican beers that day and mitchellatas tequila margarita marg's.
Speaker 3: It's the day that the sink hole opened.
Speaker 5: No, that's sink hole to Mayao. So Mexican victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla. Oh, the French May fifth, eighteen sixty two, so swallowed them. We wei, mofos, you got your ass headed to you by our Mexican friends. Yep uh. The wayback machine does take us back to something that happened, though this would be May fifth, twenty seventeen. Ben was having a problem was something that he described as a swallow. That was a problem. Let's just hear the audio and then discuss guys. They're not bats, apparently they are. What are They're a bird and there's two of them, hawks and they are known as barn swallows. Shocking.
Speaker 3: That's kind of hot.
Speaker 7: So they're birds, they're swallows. That's the kind of old bird. You want one that's experienced and.
Speaker 3: It's going to be in that situation and do it right, guys.
Speaker 7: Newsman Jody Dean weighed in on this all the Facebook page shocking.
Speaker 3: He says, old I.
Speaker 7: Got a lot of experience with this guy. A lot of these old birds love my program, he says. Barn swallows are fast, highly maneuverable, and aggressive. When they get close in to the source of their irritation, they'll turn their evil little heads towards you and screech at your face, beaks wide open. They're so terrifying that they have very few predators and even scare hawks and giant birds, which they've even known to uh, which with which they've been known to cooperate. Wow, hold on, please stop, I gotta they don't even have they don't have arms or dams. Okay, birds don't have necks, so they're not looking around. And secondly, did he just cut and paste a Wikipedia things?
Speaker 5: And the idea of Jody Dean copying and pasting to other Wikipedia on your Facebook post and a comment is hilarious to me.
Speaker 7: Man, those things are a pain in the ass, and if they ever infiltrate your front porch, there's very little things you can do to get rid of them because of bird laws and.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed.
Speaker 7: They're like, I don't know if they're endangered or what the deal is, but hypothetically, if your kids had orbi guns, it would be illegal for you to shoot those orbie guns at the birds. Those types of orbi guns they shoot out these little water pellets. It wouldn't be enough to kill a bird, but it would be enough to send a message to those birds take your asses somewhere else.
Speaker 3: YEP.
Speaker 7: I would personally support anyone who just was to entertain all ideas that were legal to handle that situation. I personally never did anything illegal. Shout out to the orbi gun. I've seen an orby gun take a bird's eye out a little sea, little bird of an ipatch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually it's a parrot yep.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In Texas we protect all of our birds pretty much except for pigeons. Pigeons you can just go murder at any time. Yeah, which is wrong. You know they're they're bothering you.
Speaker 7: Also doves, because they're a bird of peace. They take over your front porch and then they dive bomb you. They will take your eye out.
Speaker 3: Pigeons, Yeah, you gotta have a permit if you're going to kill them. Does this ever get solved? This is a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You still have the problem yearly do you around this time? Do you have swallows some?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's never really swallow. Thing has never really worked out for me. Why because as you're not into it? No, I'm very much you like birds? Yeah, I like birds. Uh, it just doesn't seem to be doesn't seem to go hand in hand in my with my situation.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they're a nuisance. If they take over your front door, you can't do anything to get rid of them. Kat said, you can get a permit taken out for that.
Speaker 3: Did you get a permit? KT?
Speaker 10: I did not?
Speaker 5: Okay, So for you it's just let it happen. Oh, the birds and the nesting, yeah right, and just whatever happens happened. And you're like, hey, yeah, I didn't know what you're gonna do. One thing to watch Fords seriously though, on this uh bit of climate talk here, Yeah, just letting you know. Things are pushed back about a month this year. It's gonna get hotter a little bit later. You're gonna see the mosquitos come out a little bit later. You're probably used to see a lot of mosquie goes in May. You'll be getting them in late May and early June. Things are different than it used to be growing up, Our seasons have changed by one month.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic forward. How long do you wait before kissing your front ports? Goodbye?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Hold on, don't answer that. Let him talk some more. You're sending you're saying you had a tit mouse problem.
Speaker 8: No, no, not right now?
Speaker 1: What now?
Speaker 3: She said? A nip rat coming up next?
Speaker 5: Different bird.
Speaker 3: Coming up next?
Speaker 7: What's going on in Dallas? Right here on the east? I doubt we'll get into very much cowboys talk. There's really not a lot of cowboys stuff going on. They did have their rookie mini camp, right.
Speaker 1: Is that what that was?
Speaker 5: And I'm hearing a lot of stuff about Shody. I'm hearing Shoty's nickname a lot Shody Shody, Shoddy Shody.
Speaker 7: Shot He's changing the culture. It's his birthday. He's changing the whole culture. Yeah, like how he was a part of the other culture. Well, no, McCarthy's culture is overbearing and doesn't let any other.
Speaker 5: Culture seep through. So it's a whole new culture. And he rearranged from the guys in the locker room. He's now got Dak and Miket right next to each other, and that's changing the whole culture. Speaking of McCarthy and his culture, did you guys see that there's a Gallagher documentary? Really?
Speaker 7: I thought you were gonna go back to the barn Swallow story, and I hope McCarthy's in it. Apparently Gallagher ended up being a very angry, bitter man when it was all suddennes.
Speaker 5: For those who don't know, Gallagher is a comedian. He's just smashed watermelons in i'd say late seventies and then on into the early eighties.
Speaker 7: But very famously, Mike McCarthy smashed watermelons to get his team motivated, change the whole culture, change the culture, and then went back to the watermelon. Well like a couple of weeks later, didn't he a big win though? All right, we will dive into some sports four amazing game sevens. A lot to discuss coming up about ten minutes, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 13: What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 5: A good question?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 5: DFW City has been named a top five most liveable city in the United States, according to this one place called Liveability. It's actually a website. They go through and they they find out, they get all these things about it. Maybe it's economics, maybe it's housing, schools, bro schools, Oh, very important, Yeah, things like that. So what city in DFW is in the top five? I know, do you know, Ben No, I would guess like number one? Actually is that one in the country? Yes, Frisco, Texas. It's not Frisco, Christina.
Speaker 8: Is it Plano?
Speaker 5: It's not Plano. Darlington Gardens, it's not Darlington Gardens. And that's in Arlington, right, It's.
Speaker 7: In the middle of Arlington and it's completely surrounded by Arlington. It's like an island with no w inside Arlington, Hite Farms.
Speaker 5: White Farms did not make it. I'll give you a hint here. Sugar Land is number three. Oh Houston down there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's Salina, isn't it not?
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, give me.
Speaker 7: If I'm standing at LBJ and seventy five and I'm about to get run over, is this city northwest, east or south of me? I can't believe I work with three people that don't know any of.
Speaker 5: The direct I know I should do that.
Speaker 3: I do know that, but I'm not. I don't walk around with a compass and go where'd the sun set?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: If I am.
Speaker 7: If I know like where the starting point is, and I know what is north, south east to west of here, that's fine. If I'm just sitting at a patio bar, I'm not like tracking. Okay, well, my back is to the south.
Speaker 8: It's funny as I thought of that.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, I was in the hammock for like a two or three hours and I noticed the sun was moving in a certain direction. I was like, skin would be so proud because I know that that is west now because the sun is setting?
Speaker 1: What right?
Speaker 3: That's very good Christian.
Speaker 5: I'm no so I know like from certain landmarks where I'm at, like from where we're at right now, I know where north is in southst But like on any given time where I'm at, I could be in a lot of different places.
Speaker 3: One on, I'll five at the grocery store, I don't know what north is. What a dumbass, No, I agree, But I can tell you your question.
Speaker 5: The reason I didn't know the answer directly is because I didn't for sure know the north of the south part of where this was. But I know now, okay, so where what is it?
Speaker 3: From there?
Speaker 7: So if I'm at seventy five and six thirty five, you're saying that it's northwest of there?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Denton.
Speaker 5: No, no, that would be that'd be north and west.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: But there's bad hints. Here's here's a here's a good hint. Let's get a good hand. Little Elm, not little Elm. This is the place that famously had in a high school football game and like oh eight, the banana and the gorilla ran onto the field during the game, crowley and the banana chased the gorilla.
Speaker 7: That was only meaningful for you because that's your favorite bit, is the crowley that it was like Crowley White Settlement.
Speaker 3: But it's the first thing I think of when I hear this place.
Speaker 5: No, your winner is a bunch of listeners out there pounding their steering wheel, going damn it.
Speaker 7: Why don't they say the city I live there? Castle Hills Nope, Nope, nope, the colony nope. F forty wait forty southeast No, Farmersville no.
Speaker 5: Two words. Flower Mound, Flow Mo Flower Mound.
Speaker 3: Flower Moundluerville number one most livable city in the United States according to this Place. Really, I'm gonna go there after the show.
Speaker 5: They really like that.
Speaker 3: The population is not so huge, is like over five hundred thousand people?
Speaker 9: You have?
Speaker 13: What is it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: You know what I don't hear.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna guess that Flower Mound has a population of ninety seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Where exactly is that? So by Lewisville?
Speaker 5: Is it Southlake?
Speaker 3: By Southlake?
Speaker 7: It's kind of headed that direction, but it's it's it's adjacent to Lewisville.
Speaker 5: Yeah, between Louisville and Rono because would be my and north of grape Vine there you go north of Great Vine Lake.
Speaker 3: That's probably the best way to put it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing about Flomo though it says this, and this was a shocking number to me. So over two thousand businesses operated a farm Mound. The average household income in Flower Mound is two hundred and.
Speaker 3: Sixteen thousand dollars. Fantast you're telling me the husbands and wives are bringing in six digch They got good bread out, good bread out there? Are the men doing well and the women are bringing home like fifty? What are you You're trying to put those women in the kitchen? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Maybe household income? The husband may be at home taking care of the kids. You probably a lot of that going on this day.
Speaker 8: I would have seen they're both making about one hundred k and they're both bringing that.
Speaker 3: That's very sensible. Christie. Yeah, for the same work too.
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 3: The jobs are you doing that pay you that much money?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't know. It is got a lot of pharmaceutical sales out there. I am moving to Flower Mound next week.
Speaker 3: You don't have the bulls to move to flour Mount.
Speaker 7: This segment is brought to you by her Toado Barbecue. That is Brandon Hurtado's place is family spent on Mexicue and it is incredible.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: They got locations in Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield two at Globe Life and then of course the Dallas Farmers Market. They get all their beef from the four Six's Ranch, which is the very famous Taylor shared In ranch, the guy who does Yellowstone and man, it's magically delicious. They do catering, they do events, and they serve roller Town Beer Works, which is our brewery, me and Ben up there in Slane of Texas. We're happy about that. So check it out her Toto Barbecue. Before we get to sports. When I ask you guys quickly, I went and looked it up. I'm going to set the over under at seventy five thousand people over or under on residents in Flower Mound. No clue KT Oh my god, over under seventy five five thousand people over, Christina over, it is over.
Speaker 3: It is right at eighty thousand.
Speaker 8: Wow, I saw eighty one thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh you look it up. Okay, girl at a girl.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: Before we get to sports, we're about to talk about Game sevens. I just sent you guys a video. I want you to watch it in real time on your phone because we're about to do In fact, go ahead, and hit the intro, Christina, Now let's.
Speaker 5: Cool around the sports. KT fun tweets has all the sports.
Speaker 7: Ye all right, but if I'm gonna hijack it from KT, because we're about to talk about all the game sevens. And there was a Game seven last night in Houston, the Warriors and the Rockets, and I just sent you guys a video and I want you to watch. The video is on NBC their sports feed, and it's Steph Curry doing his pregame warm up. And Steph Curry, if you've ever seen, he goes out there and does a bunch of stuff and sometimes he'll incorporate people sitting around him.
Speaker 3: Have you guys gotten to that part of the video yet? Did you see who step that assist?
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 7: That is our buddy Will Eubanks, who is a friend of mine and Ben's and KT's. I don't know if you've ever met him, Christina, but he was sitting down there watching Steph get warmed up, and Steph kicked him a pass, like off his elbow or something. Will caught it, fed it right back to him. Steph drains the three and he runs off the.
Speaker 4: Court and yeah, your friend Will stands up like, oh my god, that's cool.
Speaker 5: He's amazing.
Speaker 3: He lives a charmed life, that guy.
Speaker 7: But what you saw there was you saw Steph Curry, who has been such a badass for so many years heading into a Game seven against a young, inexperienced Houston team. It was kind of close until the end, and then Golden State whipped their ass because they have Draymond Green and Steph Curry and even Jimmy Butler who's played in a bunch of finals games and stuff, and when it comes down to a game seven, I know it's great to have youthful energy and all that stuff, but man, give me experience in a game seven every single time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you reached that point to it's the fourth quarter of game seven and you've made it that far and youth hasn't won over experienced by that point, it's pretty much curtains.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that sort of championship pedigree that they have that they roll out there, all that experience, there's no way they're going to lose.
Speaker 5: That they are not intimidated by the moment. Whatso So, the West, we have the one and the four, Okay, see Denver and the six and the seven, who's got a six at a seven Minnesota and Golden State. So think about that then, and I believe, well, no, no, no, that's not right. Two three, five, gone, yeah, Houston, that's someone else. Oh, the Lakers, and it's uh Denver. Yeah, I'm sorry, and it's the Clippers. No, the Clippers lost, dude, that there were the five Oh yeah, yeah yeah, Houston, LA and the Clippers. Yes, both LA's those are the two, three, five.
Speaker 3: But the game always does like jockeying for position in the West, and you have a six in to seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because there was so much but there was so little separation by the end of the year, is like one and a half games all the way from you know, four, all the way on down.
Speaker 3: It all got who now moving forward?
Speaker 7: So Oklahoma City hosts Denver and Minnesota host Golden State. The other thing I'd say about Houston being a two seed, Man, if I was gonna draw a two seed, I'd love to draw a two seed with a bunch of young guys. And you know, no, that was a great draw for Golden State.
Speaker 5: Okay, so oh go ahead, Well, so Oklahoma City will beat Denver, I met Dinnesota will beat Golden State.
Speaker 7: I would think that would happen. Uh, you know, I think Golden State's got a good chance against Minnesota. I think they got a much better shot than Denver has. But I think it's a little different with Golden State's small ball lineup playing go Bear off the floor than the Lakers small ball lineup. I don't think the Lakers had a good small ball lineup. When you have Draymond Green and Jimmy Butler and your small ball lineup, you got two dogs that go in there and get rebounds against some footers. Rudy go Bear is gonna have to run around on the perimeter. And this is what the Mavericks did to the timber Wolves. They ran Rudy right off the floor. Was it this season that Draymond choked Rudy Gobert? Was it last year?
Speaker 5: I was a couple of years ago, And you could have asked that question anytime over the last ten years, like literally choking Pad, he choke? Who's balls did he step on?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That guy, he's something else, He's something else. Let's that was save until the five o'clock hour. The big story in DFW over the weekend, which is weirdly Dallas Stars hockey, okay, after their big Game seven win on Saturday, but hit who.
Speaker 3: Their opponent is because that was a wild Game seven last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going peggan Winnipeg Jets Wednesday night because Winnipeg they tied a game against the Blues with one point six seconds left and then won in overtime. So it's the stars in Winnipeg. Jeff k Our, friend from our sister station ninety two to five, told me and Ben at the Saint Patrick's Day parade. Okay, in a car, he said, man just got to figure out how to beat Winnipeg. That's our Achilles Hill, and that's who we have. He said, Achilles, he said, Achilles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they I mean for them to advance, that's big. I think you know that.
Speaker 5: You know the what's the expression about the load and how it's already out there and.
Speaker 3: Who's going to get this load? Is that the expressions who's going to get this load? Is that very the combat tombo?
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right, coming up next all the wildlife news you could ever want. Would you get bit by a snake on purpose? We'll discuss next. Don't go to here, that's next on the Eagle again. We were just talking about where Jalen Green will end up if he's not with the Rockets next season, the young talented star for the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 3: And I just happened to see this.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's because my phone is listening to our conversation, but it is the Bravada official odds of the best places or places most likely to end up, and the top one is the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Oh somehow, OK.
Speaker 5: I think they do that because they can get action on anything Lakers.
Speaker 7: Then that would make sense why the Knicks would also be in the mix and the Heat would be in the mix. I think the Heat probably makes some sense, although I could see a guy like Jalen Green making pat Riley want to smash his head through a wall. Anyways, I just want to let you know that popped up. We got the Today game coming up. We got a news quickie coming your way, a realtor with a foot fetish. So that's right up your alley skin should be excited about that.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This wild life too.
Speaker 5: A wild life what an intro Tim Freed is a fella who's been bitten by snakes hundreds of times, but on purpose. In fact, I might call it his kink. Scientists are studying his blood now though, because they're trying to see if we have I got an email hold on us.
Speaker 3: If who's it from?
Speaker 5: H Let's Seevada inside radio. Oh man, I don't get enough of those no audio, Christinity.
Speaker 8: Sorry, that's why I thought you brought that.
Speaker 5: It's a first look at the ratings in Tulsa, Honolulu, and Knoxville, if you guys would like to know.
Speaker 7: Man, I think the Adamsons are going to move to Mavericks to all three of those cities. They're smaller than Dallas.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, So basically he has.
Speaker 5: This guy's had a long for all times, had a fascination with reptiles and other venomous creatures. In fact, the article I read said that he used to milk scorpions and spiders okay for their venoms.
Speaker 3: Scorpions have boobs, uh yeah, and it's got venom.
Speaker 5: They have very poisonous.
Speaker 3: Movies, poisonous boobies, the most.
Speaker 7: Dangerous gund Sometimes, man, you'll be milking a scorpions boob and it'll sting you.
Speaker 5: That's why they're there. Their jugs are so top heavy, that's why their tail goes up and around to kind of balance out their spine.
Speaker 3: You notice that I didn't notice that interesting. You've never noticed that about a scorpion.
Speaker 7: Do the boobs go inside their crusty exoskeleton?
Speaker 5: No, don't say crusty, and don't say exoskeleton. So he's been doing this for a long time as a hobby. He keeps dozens of snakes at his home. So he said, he's into this venom stuff. It's very strange, so he said he started doing this to protect himself from snake bites. But he does fancy himself as a very curious mind. So he began injecting himself with small doses of snake venom, and then he would slowly increase the amount as the years ago by to try to build up tolerance and then continue to let these dangerous, venomous snakes bite him.
Speaker 3: Here's the article, and read this paragrapher.
Speaker 15: You guess.
Speaker 5: While no doctor would ever suggest this is a good idea, experts bake experts say his method tracks how the body works, and when the immune system is exposed to the toxins and venom, it develops antibodies that can neutralize the poison.
Speaker 3: So this guy's kind of a genius, but he's like an idiot genius.
Speaker 4: He's an idiot because it's twenty twenty five, not the eighteen hundreds, like you can stay away from venom mistakes.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this reminds me of what my oldest son did.
Speaker 7: He was allergic to peanuts, and so he started desensitization training where he would just have little, tiny microdoses of peanut powder, and you have a little more each week, and a little more each week, a little more each week, and finally got to the point where it's not going to kill him if he accidentally eats a peanut. Dude, Mike Turico has a nut allergy. He had to leave the set of the Kentucky Derby the other day. He was not at the like the last couple hours of the coverage there. He had a nut allergy.
Speaker 3: So he shot, you're doing and sponsored by planners? Uh no, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: Who stuffed a nut into his cake?
Speaker 5: Oh? You know, what do you mean by k He had little quick sandwich or something, you know during the break nobody. Yeah, so I'm gonna put a little nut in there and then they have to get him that he had to go home where he's nut out allergy flared up because that's where his uh, his medicine was was at home. I guess. So this guy has withstood snake bites and injections for nearly two decades. He's got a refrigerator full of venom. He started a YouTube channel that's gotten a little bit famous, and he just got hired by a company called Scentivax. He said, quote, I wanted to push the limits as close to death as possible, so where I'm basically just teetering right there and then back off of it a little.
Speaker 3: Bit o cage.
Speaker 5: You know who had that exact quote Michael Hutchins of an Okay, Yeah, suffocate right to the point where you almost died.
Speaker 3: This is his kink, right, this is his thing, and that's what it does say that in the article, But that's what he was probably doing.
Speaker 7: He me.
Speaker 5: He emailed all these scientists and then they're like, yeah, actually this is a wonderful idea and they are now looking into this. They have not it works against some cobras, uh, but what they're trying to find is basically something that works that rattlesnakes would would kill him. Well, his his technique here to to stave off, you know, death. A rattlesnake would kill him, he type a viper oriented snake would kill him. But Cobra's he's good.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what he does. The snake bites it. Uh huh, all right, here's snake. So he over the years has collected on this snake venom and he takes an anti venom that he's made. And I don't it's very, very hard to explain.
Speaker 8: But he's trying to develop.
Speaker 3: He's trying to deveild the antibodies to fight off, like to save humanity. Hold on subject basically we hold on.
Speaker 5: So once he builds up an immunity, how does that help the next person?
Speaker 8: They can they can get that from his bloodstream.
Speaker 3: Right, just shoot it.
Speaker 5: It's the same thing as the last exactly exact same thing. It's like, okay, she's immune to those zoes. And so they're trying to get her to some scientists to where they take all the antibodies out of her and give her she'd spread it.
Speaker 3: This is the problem.
Speaker 5: We don't want watch the same TV shows.
Speaker 3: It's the problem with you. We're all on the last of us kick we're still going You're not there.
Speaker 5: So the World Health Organization said that blank many people die from a snake bite each year, Price's red style each year. This is not going over in the entire world. I don't even will die in the world with a snake bite every year. Christina five, if it's Price's right style, Okay, I can't just let Ben have seven.
Speaker 3: I'm going to take one hundred and twenty three. I'll take six.
Speaker 5: Damn it, one hundred and ten thousand. Whoa, my god, what you guys are so bad at that game?
Speaker 8: Really, this guy is a genius. Then I take it back.
Speaker 5: This guy's smart. He could save one hundred and ten thousand line times how by his anti bodies?
Speaker 3: Was that a question after all this conversation?
Speaker 7: So what happens though, So they take his antibodies and they mass produce him.
Speaker 3: They turn it into like a mayonnaise, and then into.
Speaker 7: A vaccine maybe right, yeah, vacs probably, And so then the world takes snake vax and then they can get bit by any snakes.
Speaker 3: It's not a viper. It's gonna be hard to convince people to take the snakebacks. I think, I think unless you live in India.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell you this.
Speaker 7: My brother when he went to China and he lived in China, one of the first things he saw was a cobra, a king cobra, just on the doorstep of where he was living, and somebody was brushing it away with a broom, going get out of here.
Speaker 5: Like it was just like a city rat. Where is where are the most snake bites? I would I would say India one, China two, mesquite three? Why would I said India? Did you say no and yell at me about oh oh, because you were gonna say, like, this is only India, is what I thought you were saying.
Speaker 7: Oh No, I'm saying that it's probably more prominent there, But I don't know that. Like to Ben's point, there's people right now like I don't even care if I get measles. How are we gonna get him to like take a snake quaccination.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing, And I don't know if it was here or if it was on on the freak.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, we had a guy on who was by a copperhead and he walked through his experience of getting the venom and how much it cost him.
Speaker 3: It was enough to put him in medical debt for the rest of his life. How's he doing that? Because it's like you can't pay for it's one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to get venom. Do you know what this really just feels like?
Speaker 7: It just feels like that guy mosquito Steve that has the local company where he let all those mosquitos bite him over and over and over again, and then he just tried different sprays to see what he could market and sell real quick.
Speaker 8: Ben was right.
Speaker 4: India accounts for nearly fifty thousand snake bite deaths annually.
Speaker 3: Wow, then why did I get yelled at?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought you were gonna say something else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just had of it.
Speaker 3: I supported you get down ahead of it, all right?
Speaker 7: Coming up next, it's the Today Game, followed by a news quickie, a realtor with a foot fetish. All that's coming away next on the Eagle, But right now it's done for this.
Speaker 3: Give me that news quickie. All right, let's get it. This is the story comes from Florida.
Speaker 5: Imagine that, and this involves realtor Tampa is a Tampa ten news is what they call it.
Speaker 3: Take all over this.
Speaker 5: Realtors are now speaking out.
Speaker 15: They say a man suspected of having a foot fetish is reportedly targeting women real estate agents by booking fake home tours.
Speaker 3: Tonight ten Tampa Bay's a duriat chumba joining us lave.
Speaker 16: That's right, David Frank. Several realtors are sharing this very similar story of a man interpropriately touching their leg or foot while they are working.
Speaker 17: He you know, pointed down at my feet and was like, oh, you have an ant on your shoe. And I was like where you know, and I'm frantic trying to get the ant. K.
Speaker 5: Let's stop for a second.
Speaker 8: She said, foot weird.
Speaker 3: She said, everyone's kind of talking a little weird, to be honest. I didn't have any idea what her name was. Yeah, the reporter's name Washa. Then he was kind of questioning a lot of you know, the story. He was kind of having trouble reading the prompter. But the old you got an ant on your on your foot trick?
Speaker 5: Yeah like that one.
Speaker 16: That's right, David Frank. Several realtors are sharing this very similar story of a man inappropriately touching their leg or foot while they're working.
Speaker 17: He you know, pointed down at my feet and was like, oh, you have an ant on your shoe. And I was like where, you know, And I'm frantic trying to get the ant off my shoe and he's and I'm like where, and He's like right there, right there.
Speaker 16: Real estate agent Angela Julian didn't realize that was just a trick.
Speaker 17: He bends down and he starts unbuckling my shoe and crossing my foot.
Speaker 3: Oh god, how did you have time to do that? Christina?
Speaker 5: I see your reaction, and I know what Skin's gonna say. He's going to say, well, what has he done that's wrong to this point?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, who wants to get bitten by an hand?
Speaker 4: No, if a guy starts unbuckling my shoe, I'm gonna kick him and be like, dude, I can do that, thank you. And I'm also so glad Orchard is handling all my showings because there's no way.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can go with that.
Speaker 7: But the ant, it was just a courteous move because there's an ant about to attack her.
Speaker 4: No, there's no ant. I'd rather an ant bite me than some creep unbuckle my shoe.
Speaker 3: What if he's a really charming guy that looks like Brad Pitt.
Speaker 8: No, I'm good Mike soroy If it's Mike, he.
Speaker 10: Can do that.
Speaker 3: Would you rather have an aunt bite you or an uncle bite you?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 17: And I just thought that that was really weird. At the same time, he's fidgeting with his phone, petting my foot, fidging phone, and I think he's.
Speaker 3: Okay, how many hands does this guy have? So he's on the ground, we should all stop and think about where feet are located.
Speaker 8: He's on the ground unbuckling with one hand and his phone in the other.
Speaker 3: And also caressing.
Speaker 7: I think, like it seems romantic. It does seem romantic. And I don't know her. I don't know her name, and I'm not saying she quote unquote asked for it. Don't please understand that, But I would like to suggest this with you. How long does the cressing go before you yank your foot away?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He had time to.
Speaker 7: Unbuckle it, caress it, get his phone out, and keep correct like on the initial cress, aren't She's like, whoa buddy, are you kick him in the face or whatever?
Speaker 4: Like I said, the initial buckle when he unbuckling your shoe, like, dude, what are you doing?
Speaker 7: He's getting a lot done in a very short amount of time before she realizes what's happening.
Speaker 3: Very efficient.
Speaker 5: Now, I've seen some videos where realtors are no, they're very taboo about their life.
Speaker 3: And look, there's a lot of anything goes.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? Porns? Some videos?
Speaker 3: She put an s on the end of porn? How many fishes do you catch this weekend? What are you talking about? Horns? You're gonna smoke drugs, aren't you?
Speaker 5: But it's it is a bunch of different realtors meeting up at this place, you know. So he's in he's in the peer group, even though he's not. But she thinks he is just, you know, a colleague. So maybe that's why he's got a little bit of leeway.
Speaker 17: To be down and caressing and fidgeting phone, and I think he's trying to take some type of a video up my skirt. It's really alarming.
Speaker 16: Now at least more than a half dozen women coming forward to share stories of their encounter with the strange man that's left them feeling vulnerable.
Speaker 17: Instantly, you can sense that something's not quite right, but you can't really put your finger on it.
Speaker 3: He's searching Zillow.
Speaker 14: He's using the everything that everyone has public actice to to see when and where people are going to be.
Speaker 16: Les Haynes, who runs a group for Tampa area realtors.
Speaker 5: Says, okay, runs a group, yeah, like Facebook group, like a freak after party.
Speaker 3: Okay, she should say Facebook group, though, because I think it's not here.
Speaker 7: It could be an organization though there are like realtor organizations, or it could be a band, a super group of realtors.
Speaker 5: Less Haynes. Is also something I've been doing less and less as i've gotten older. Less Haynes with friends, yep.
Speaker 16: Less Haynes, who runs a group for Tampa area realtors, says, up to thirty people can show up for a single.
Speaker 8: Open house, with many unvetted.
Speaker 16: That's why he's advising realtors to prioritize their safety.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, not yeah, go ahead. She doesn't know where most words are properly accent. Yeah, don't worry about that. And I know it's a problem trust safety and open houses. I immediately think of, I love you man. Oh yeah, he does appear to be good ching Lou Frig.
Speaker 5: This is the part of the story though, that I want you to say this is this is a bad story, right, real thing's happening. This guy's using public access stuff to go meet like this is dangerous thing. But I do think Florida is taking a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a leap here without just you'll hear it fifty.
Speaker 14: If you are carrying a firearm, you need firearm safety.
Speaker 9: You need what.
Speaker 5: No one said anything about a gun all time.
Speaker 3: They just want to make sure that this guy didn't get shot.
Speaker 8: House with many unvetted.
Speaker 16: That's why he's advising realtors to prioritize their safety.
Speaker 14: If you are carrying a firearm, you need firearm safety, You need practice. It is not buying a gun on a shelf and then thinking you're going to be Antioakley. It doesn't happen that way. You're more apt to get hurt than actually protect yourself in that situation.
Speaker 17: Have an escape route, Have maybe some pepper spray or something that you could grab and get to in an emergency to protect yourself in the studio a Tampa Bay, what.
Speaker 7: Is pepper spraying an escape route going to get you in a gunfight. You know what I'm saying, Well, he's making.
Speaker 3: It a gunfight. No one said anything on a gun fight except for the Facebook leader.
Speaker 8: Let's that was like a copy paste thing.
Speaker 5: That was really weird, nod.
Speaker 3: He went straight into guns. There was non secutor, no reason for that. It's like, do just not everyone thinking that you're Annie Oakley, like an we don't get the reference? Is that the Michael Jackson song, Ay are you Oakley about gun control?
Speaker 5: Annie Oakley is this old Western buffalo Bill's Wild West show in the eighteen sixties.
Speaker 7: What she's known as like an old galon the Old West that could fire a weapon.
Speaker 8: Okay, So they didn't capture the guy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we could have if the reporter was a you know, reporting live on the scene. But here in the studio a duria tumba, We're not going to find the guy.
Speaker 5: If you're in the studio area, choomba, get out there and find this sun of a bitch. And les Haynes is the problem in this entire story. Somehow, what les Haynes said is worse than the caressor.
Speaker 3: Uh, the caressor. He's trying to get a murder. Having a great nickname plot twist.
Speaker 7: Wait, you find out that the foot fetish guy is working in conjunction with Les Haynes. Oh wow, with the caressor. The Caresser and less Haynes in it together. That's why he's telling them not to have guns. He doesn't want his buddy to get shot. That's why he went there.
Speaker 3: That does make sense.
Speaker 7: Connected cons take a lot of training, get some pepper spray in an escape route, don't shoot, don't shoot him, pepper spray.
Speaker 3: Don't shoot my guy because I don't want a body found. And then they're looking to his phone.
Speaker 7: I can't have any of that, all right, connecting the dots like no other show has the balls too, all right? Coming up next in just over three minutes in the weekly weekday update, Did the reverse Luca just happened to the city of Dallas. We'll discuss just over three minutes.
Speaker 3: Don't go to her. It is the Ben and.
Speaker 7: Skin Show ninety one point one. The Eagle Monday night to overcasts been raining off and on today. You don't want to make dinner, Why don't you go get you the best pizza in all of Dallas, according to Dallas Morning News readers, And that is Andrew's American Pizza Kitch in five different styles of pizza, great pasta, and an awesome bar as well with great beers on tap, including Rollertown Beer Works, the brewery Ben and I are partners in. They got four different Rollertown beers on tap. There, go there tonight, enjoy it. It's such a great place in Preston at Preston and Plano Parkway Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for bass week Day up Day featuring veteran news anchor kt FN tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some measles, there's been a couple of shootings. Guy gotta hit my car. Listen not let's just not today. The big thing over the weekend that happened was Stars beating the Avalanche in Game seven Saturday night. Whether you like hockey or not, I think this is probably the biggest story in DFW over the weekend because the Stars were losing to nothing, and then in between the second and third intermission, Rob Schneider comes out on the JumboTron and does you can do it?
Speaker 3: Is that what did it? That is definitely what did it? And I don't think so, but go with it.
Speaker 15: You can do it.
Speaker 5: Big moment for our buddy Shippy, the DJ at the Stars, I would imagine.
Speaker 3: Dude, hold on, I want to say this. I sat there.
Speaker 7: I was actually at a brewery Saturday night down in It's White Rock Brewing, and I'm sitting there with my wife.
Speaker 3: We're kind of having a date night.
Speaker 7: We've been bouncing around and I'm sitting there at the bar and we watched the third period together and it's kind of empty at this point, so I'm yelling loudly by myself. But when they cut to the crowd and the crowd is just going absolutely nut s bonkers, I did immediately think of Shippy, like he's the first person I thought of. I was like, dude, he is behind his DJ setup right now controlling the music with eighteen thousand people going so insane.
Speaker 3: That's got to be such an awesome rush for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the most That game is the most Stars I've watched all season. That's a good time to watch it.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 8: Did you feel guilty at all?
Speaker 4: I felt a little guilty because I was like nervous going into that third period, especially at the end when they pulled their goalie.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh God, oh, God of God.
Speaker 4: And then like I just said, I felt guilty because I haven't been watching the Stars because of all the MAVs drama that's been going on.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, this is so guilty. This is important. Like that what she says is very important. The MAVs drama covered up a lot of Dallas Stars hockeys. They were really good, and they also lost the last eight games the regular season that hurt things.
Speaker 3: They had a terrible stretch.
Speaker 5: Two of their best players are hurt and didn't play in this series and are coming back in the next series.
Speaker 7: It's hasten In and Robertson. Yeah, and they're both going to be ready for Game one. Yep, they'll be ready to go Wednesday. Well they think so. I guess it's not official that they're in. But is it here at Winnipeg at Winnipeg, Okay, So we need to.
Speaker 5: Do timeline this thing real quick. January twenty fourth. There's a guy for the Stars who had the hat trick on Saturday night, Miko Ratt in his name. January twenty fourth, he was traded from the Colorado Avalanche. The Stars just beat to Caroline. And the reason he was traded is because they Colorado was like, well, we already have a player who's a little bit better than him. We're not gonna pay him. We think, we don't want to risk losing him for nothing. If you remember what happened within two weeks of January twenty fourth around here, I don't like to bring it up, honestly, mm HMM's Mavericks traded Luca to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say it louder for those driving in the rain. The Mavericks trade Luke to the Lakers.
Speaker 5: Oh so, then the March seventh deadline, a month after Lucas traded, the Stars call up Carolina, who this ranting guy plays for, and give them the stink Oven, a guy named stank Oven.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think he's pronounced it snak Oven. But the stink Oven goes to Carolina, We get ratting and then sign him. Stak Oven was real.
Speaker 7: Love, by the way, No, no, no, because I remember on that timeline I saw a bunch of Stars people crying about it.
Speaker 3: They did the stanky Leger. He heavy score. It's a big deal.
Speaker 7: So put it in put it in another sports perspective of like how how good of a player is ranting? And like if you were if it's an NBA or NFL.
Speaker 3: Top twenty five player in the league, for sure, but he's.
Speaker 1: What how old?
Speaker 5: Twenty eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they were just like, we don't.
Speaker 5: But in hockey they started eighteen, so right, uh. But the Stars immediately signed him to an eight year, ninety six million dollar deal, which in hockey is really good.
Speaker 7: And that's out there with the highest paid guys okay, and man, it's Nauseie Marshall money in the NBA. So he's he is immediately top three.
Speaker 3: Player for them.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yes, well he should maybe Robertson, hents and and Hiskin and probably what about Johnston maybe they're goal or yeah, maybe they're goalie Ottings or two started a lot of good players.
Speaker 3: But here's what Colorado was doing.
Speaker 5: Colorado was like, well, you know, we have one guy who usually maybe this guy is just playing really great because he's next to this guy, maybe we can you know, divvy up the team a little bit whatever. Ranton is also very loved in Colorado, gets involved the community, does a lot.
Speaker 3: Of charity work things like that.
Speaker 5: He gets traded and then traded to the Star and they're like, Jesus, he get trade to one of our rivals and then he did that to them on Saturday night. You know what?
Speaker 7: And you know what that reminds me of. That reminds me of the way the Napoli thing went down. Napoli got traded to I believe it was Toronto and then immediately flipped over to US Toronto.
Speaker 3: Who was it it was?
Speaker 7: He got traded from the Angels to somebody. Well, he went to Boston Apple the Angels to somebody and then flipped them back to us.
Speaker 3: And then he went and spanked him a long time ago. So then why did the second team trade him? Because they're not as good and the Stars offered them to.
Speaker 7: Stay, but they were just like wait, they they wanted him, they acquired him, and then they were like, yeah, maybe not. Do you want conspiracy stuff? Do you know who owns the Carolina hockey team?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 7: It's that guy we had on our show many years ago, Dallas resident Tom Dundon.
Speaker 5: Okay, so who started top golf. So the conspiracy would be that he got him in order to flip him. He hooked him, He hooked the Stars up. He's got a special side deal going with Galardi. That's you creating that.
Speaker 7: I just made that up right now on the spot, because I remember Tom Dundon was the owner of the Carolina hockey team. Because there's no way they would have straight up traded him to Dallas. No, it would have had to have been a second team, right, and then he how long was he on that other team?
Speaker 5: About two months?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, less and less than five weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they decided we'd rather rather than pay this guy long term, we will take up because the Stars gave a pretty nice package.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gave him the stink of him two first and two thirds and then we got him.
Speaker 5: And then he did that.
Speaker 3: He took it upon himself, put the team on his back.
Speaker 5: Yep. And the Dallas Stars are back Wednesday night in Winnipeg. All right, we'll talk more about that later in the week. But coming up next Comedy Royalty. Conan O'Brien is honored and we have hilarious audio. You do not want to miss it. Next right here on the So there's a thing that dropped on Netflix yesterday it's called the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. It's a big event at the Kennedy Center in DC, and this year's honorey was Conan. We've seen Dave Chappelle get this, We've seen Will Ferrell get this, Adam Sandler recently. But basically it ends up being just a big lineup of heavy hitters of comedy going up and doing five minutes. And it's not really a roast, but it ends up kind of going that way a little bit, and it's no joke. Ninety minutes of almost perfection in my estimation. Let's start with Will Ferrell, who comes out to honor his buddy Conan O'Brien, and uh, Will Ferrell, who won this thing back in twenty eleven.
Speaker 11: Look, I don't even know how to get into this. Is Conan is even here tonight?
Speaker 10: Do we know? Oh?
Speaker 11: Oh okay, Look my therapist told me to not make tonight about myself, which I would generally agree with, but I'm sorry, I just have to address the elephant in the room for those.
Speaker 3: Of you who might not know this about me.
Speaker 11: The Mark Twain Prize for American Humor in twenty eleven. No, no, it was a much more competitive feel back then. Conan gave some lovely remarks after the show. Conan said something to me, and I remember it like it was yesterday, And he said, hey, just so you know, if they ever offer me the Mark Twain Prize, I will say no, I will not accept it.
Speaker 5: Out of respect for you. Yes, yes you did, Yes you did. Oh my gosh, you catally said that. Really I did?
Speaker 13: Really?
Speaker 5: Oh this is so rich? Are you saying that I made this up?
Speaker 12: Look?
Speaker 5: I know this is your night, but you look like an idiot right now. His thing of just raising the voice, just start yelling a little bit. It's kind of miked up, but it's low. You kind of hear him saying. He shakes his head a little bit. He's just sitting with his wife and his two kids.
Speaker 3: And old are his kids.
Speaker 5: They look to be I would say, late teens, early twenties. Right here, every O'Brien member looks the same. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: What channel was this one?
Speaker 5: Netflix? I mean it usually airs on like C and and or something, but this dropped on Netflix yesterday. This happened a couple of months ago.
Speaker 7: So a so I've never seen his wife either, Is she pasty and redheaded?
Speaker 3: No, she's blonde. That's kind of pale.
Speaker 5: He's very attractive, you know, comparatively to him, Oh, comparatively to the charismatic rich guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's still Conan. Okay, Okay, John mulaney.
Speaker 12: Little did I know that being your biggest fan for thirty two years would be one of the most emotionally taxing experiences of my life. Being a Conan fan since the early days has been so stressful. There's always a god petition to sign or some kind of protests to save him. There's no argument for it, but we're like, don't take it away from us. I was a Cubs fan, so I knew how to root for people that lose constantly. But with Conan, it was like being a Cubs fan, but you think the way they lost was so brilliant that they won. It was like being a Cubs fan if after each game there was a serious discussion as to whether or not the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Should be allowed to be a team anymore.
Speaker 12: In July two thousand and eight, I was a dinner with my mom and I got a call that I'd been hired to be a writer at Saturday Night Live. And I went back inside and I told my mom, and the waiter overheard me, and he said, do you know that's how Conan O'Brien started.
Speaker 3: And I said, I've known that half my life.
Speaker 12: You moron.
Speaker 3: Is awesome.
Speaker 12: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Is very good. What a distinctive style he's got. Okay, now you always have a how about another redhead though, Bill Burr, Great.
Speaker 5: To see you and everything.
Speaker 18: Nice to be here at the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 18: Nothing says comedy like the free flowing, creative vibes.
Speaker 5: Of the District of Columbia.
Speaker 10: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: There's something about, you.
Speaker 18: Know, starting and prolonging wars while crushing the working man for your own self interest that really inspires all who gather on this spurl ground. So I always felt the kinship for Conan even before I met him, just as a fellow redhead. We are an unseen minority hiding in plain sight, under the shade of a tree, watching all you pigmented people basking in the sun.
Speaker 5: But I had it easier than him because I.
Speaker 9: Was you know, I was regular size, you know, but Conan, Conan couldn't hide just a six for six abrasion.
Speaker 8: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I still want to watch this tonight. No, it's so good.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you ninety minutes they break it up. But the skit here and there, let's go with h Sarah Silverman.
Speaker 19: Experimental, singular, a revelation. These are just some of the words used to describe my appearances on Conan.
Speaker 3: Too easy a joke, Were you ahead of it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Maybe maybe?
Speaker 19: But what better way to celebrate our friend Conan O'Brien than without effort?
Speaker 5: Okay, and I have one more of a sneak ed before we go the next of it. Kumel, Nan Johnny, and Nan Johnny, y'all know him from Silicon Valley.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: I moved here for.
Speaker 12: College on my own, no family, just this kid from Pakistan alone at eighteen, this strange land.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what America was going to be like.
Speaker 12: I turned on the TV in the lounge in my dorm in Iowa, and the first thing I saw on.
Speaker 5: TV in America was a masturbating bear.
Speaker 3: And I remember thinking, I think I'm gonna like it here. Ah my god.
Speaker 5: But there's a few others we haven't guy to Adam Sandler, Conan taking the award from David Letterman, his hero, but also something that might have been wrong on our show for many years? Did we have the Walker told me? Aids told me, I have Aid's clip wrong? Have we had it wrong all this time? Let's discuss next.
Speaker 7: This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas. At Me and Ben are partner's in. And I just pulled up the Instagram account Rollertown popped up and the first thing I saw is promoting something that's coming.
Speaker 3: Up in two weeks. It's going to be a huge week in at Rollertown. It always is.
Speaker 7: But make plans to make yacht Rock Weekend a big part of your routine. Not this weekend, but next and it's gonna get started on May fifteenth, that's a Thursday, and Ben, I'm gonna be hosting yacht Rock Trivia.
Speaker 3: I am so excited about this, man. I love doing this.
Speaker 7: It's a mixture of music, bingo and trivia and it's you know, we always do this once a year. We have bands come out and play music. We're celebrating summer cocktails. In fact, our good friend's brand new funk the hip Hop Outfit is going to do our yacht rock hip hop version on Saturday night, the seventeenth of what they do so make plans. It's a fun weekend, lots of specialty drinks, lots of great beer. Not this weekend, but the weekend of May fifteenth, sixteenth, and seventeenth, yacht rock weekend, and it all gets going with yacht rock trivia bingo and that'll happen on May fifteenth.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: The thing's big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's finish with some more laughing and if you like to laugh and you have Netflix.
Speaker 5: The Mark Twain Prize for American Humor special that dropped yesterday is really good and they were honoring Conan O'Brien and.
Speaker 3: We just played you have a few things from the from the last segment. Let's go ahead and move on to Nicki Glazer.
Speaker 5: She's of course gonna be in everything that's like this now because it is kind of a half roast. Well, she had an edgy opening joke.
Speaker 20: It was my freshman year of high school and my dad had just gotten home from work and he's like, Nick, you have to watch the show I recorded last night for you. I know, you're gonna love it, So I like begrudgingly sit down. He pops in this VHS tape and what I saw completely changed my life. It was a sex tape he and my mom had shot over the weekend. But once he located the right tape and I stopped vomiting, he played me. He played me the fifth anniversary special of Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and my mind was blown more than my.
Speaker 8: Dad was on the first table, believe it.
Speaker 20: I was like, how has this been on for five years and I'm just now finding out about it?
Speaker 8: And my dad was like, because it was bad for the first three, so.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 3: She's heavy artillery man and what.
Speaker 5: Was kind of funny though, but sometimes they would have a clip or they would have something like Kumel nan Gianni was just making fun of the fact everyone talks about how Conan wrote for the Simpsons. He did like a ted talk and he's like, well, let's really look at the stats. He's written three episodes of the Simpsons, Like it's like zero point three eight percent of Simpsons episodes. Well, her clip that she played was one of our favorites that we played on our show, The Classic Walker told me I have Aid's clip how you doing, Little Partner? You know that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we've always had it wrong in our show. I think, are you gonna play it? I am, I'm gonna play the one that how it really went down on the show and how you do it a little fine and it's a little visitor.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 8: I don't want you always how you see it in Chucky.
Speaker 3: Oh well, pardon my French, but I'll be dancing.
Speaker 5: Walker told me, I am each. I mean, okay, so it's still it's horrible and abrupt, and yeah, it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: No, I do think I like it better our way.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Conan did that so many times that I think he might have done it the way that we've had pooled on our show for many years. Eventually he edited it down to that. Yeah, I think so. But that was kind of funny just watching it again too.
Speaker 5: What's great is Conan's reaction after he does it, is he just stands up and looks at the sceneryminder.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god. For a minute, he's so shocked.
Speaker 5: Now, one thing you should know about Conan is that Adam Sandler lives in his neighborhood, and I remember a long time ago Codin just talking on his podcast about how it's not uncommon just randomly on a weekend for saying to hear Samler like on his bike with his kids, just going.
Speaker 3: Coding, just like never know because they all they look kind of close. Sam Start came out, but he had a little bit that he wanted to do that involved a little audience participation. Left hand, Conan, right hand, you say Sandman, So that's what you're hearing when you hear the audience respawn okay, Conan or Sandman?
Speaker 5: Okay? When I point at you with my left hand, you say that word, Conan. Let's try it.
Speaker 15: Out right now, I know the time if I point with my right hand. From now on, let's say sand Man. Let's try that out quickly, man, and now let the festivity speak.
Speaker 13: He takes his shirt off and all the ladies swoo. Takes his shirt off and the skin comes with it. Famous for wearing long silky basketball shorts, famous for having long fuzzy balls hang out. His title workis That's besaken for a young James Kahn. That's besaken for one of them giant blow up think he's outside of car do incredible actor incurable acne.
Speaker 5: Values. His privacy phone number is nine one.
Speaker 3: Seven six six.
Speaker 13: Call him whenever you want the lead in the Mida Comedic Genius Comedic Peters. And finally he is married to a gorgeous woman way out of his leaves.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is the moon of us.
Speaker 8: Both hands up right.
Speaker 5: And then the like you know, sailor was there a SnO when Codin was So, this is like a really you know, this is how these things go. At the end, you say something really nice, but this was really cool, because I do think comedians can be real a holes.
Speaker 3: I think, so this is the nice part.
Speaker 15: You're one of the funniest guys.
Speaker 1: We all know that.
Speaker 15: I remember when Lauren you know, was in charge of finding the next host, and right when they said Conan, I swear to god, every guy, every comedian, there was no jealousy. We were like, yeah, he's the best man. You're faster than all of us, You're you're nicer than all of us, and I'm so happy this life was yours, buddy. It's it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Conan rules.
Speaker 3: He rules so much.
Speaker 7: So, Uh, do you guys remember or do you know Conan was the head rider? Do you know how long he was the head writer on sn I do not know. I'm wondering about that whole. I'm always curious like who, because I know Robert Smigel, was he before Conan.
Speaker 5: Or after he was before? But ok, ninety three is when you know Conan went to do Late Night. Yeah, Okay, so I mean Conna wasn't They're long he was doing Simpsons in the late eighties. You're gonna hear a story from Conan here in a second, because so David Letterman's there, and David Letterman is the guy who's like gives him the award. That's Conan's hero and every one of those guys pretty much. But it's funny because Mullany was like, Conan is my hero. There's a lot of these people who there, Conan was their letterman. Yeah, so conin sixties. It says he was writer from eighty eight to ninety one. Okay, so look that up there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: So this is another thing too about that just saying really nice is Will Ferrell said most of the comedians are threatened by other people who are funnier than them.
Speaker 3: He's like Conan was not.
Speaker 5: He would just try to end up being funnier than you, and then he would annoy you until he was funnier than you. But he was like, it's very rare that anyone does not get a little insecure about it. And Conan was always just kind of fast. And this is Conan very emotional. He's almost crying after a letterman hands him the to.
Speaker 10: Be hand this award by David Letterman. And I need to put this in context so you will understand. The year is nineteen eighty seven. My burning ambition, I believe my destiny.
Speaker 5: Is to write for Dave's Late night show.
Speaker 10: And I have just heard from their head writer that the only open slot has already been filled.
Speaker 3: And there will be no job. I had no idea what is.
Speaker 10: Going to become of me. Now, imagine that suddenly some angel from the future appears and tells me that forty years from now I'm going to be on stage and that the most prestigious award in comedy is going to be handed to me by David Letterman.
Speaker 3: I would have stared at that.
Speaker 10: Angel in utter shock and said, wait a minute, David Letterman is still alive.
Speaker 5: Everything is a beautiful bit.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: It never stops. I don't know I counting was and I didn't. I was two years ninety three. I was five years old when he took over Late Night. But I remember, like me and my cousins always talk about, Okay, gotta step and watch this guy. He's kind of new and it's a weird show. And it probably helps that there is a bear playing with himself that comes out every once in a while. There was a lot of mascots and love that. But I got really invested in the twenty ten Jay Leno Conan situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that was a huge deal. I was graduating college that year, So what was it? It was he didn't want to Leno didn't want to retire.
Speaker 7: Yes, so it is yeah, and it's also it's it's territorial because keep in mind that Letterman always thought he was going to get the job that Leno got, and when Letterman didn't get that job, he said, screw you, I'm going to CBS. And so in that world, all of those comedians are aligned with David Letterman, not Jay Leno. They all think Jay Leno's a chip salesman. And so that's like always been territorial. And so for Jay Leno to come back and then do it to David Letterman's heir apparent was well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but keep in mind NBC what they did. So they gave it to Conan.
Speaker 5: But then they're like, well, let's also like Jay Leno wants to come back, so they put Jay Leno on I'll use Central Time nine before the News, which is like, okay, well that basically puts Conan back in his old spot, even though he had the Tonight show. Now it's like you're kind of undercutting him, and so that was even more wrong than just coming back and taking his job.
Speaker 3: Didn't Conan walk away from that.
Speaker 5: He walked away because he was like, this is messed up, and Jay had horrible ratings, but it was taking Conan's ratings too, Wow, and you know it's it's it's just it was a wild situation. I remember like when Kimmel and Lettermany every night were making jokes about it. That was what was really crazy about it. You know, have y'all watched any of that Conan stuff that he does on HBO? I have the Translate show.
Speaker 3: I'm not I haven't seen. I've just seen commercials for it.
Speaker 7: I'm coming back, But either season, they just show it on the app right, I don't think they show it on HBO four episodes.
Speaker 5: I always liked him, but I haven't known where to find him for a long time. TBS was where he went when he left NBC. Now is a podcaster, Yeah, now he's a podcaster. I see his clips from his podcast all the time. All Right, man, that's thank you for chopping all that up.
Speaker 3: KT. That was a really fun way watch the whole thing. It's really good.
Speaker 7: It is on Netflix and you can enjoy it yourselves. All Right, that's gonna do it for the Ben and Skin show today. I'll never forget the time KT got to meet Conan. He looked him dead in the eye and he said Walker and that lived forever. Coming up next, Christina is going to stick around and play tunes right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 11: There you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude
Speaker 3: God bless Jesus.