Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, here we go, hit.
Speaker 2: It, hit it.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 3: I'm now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hee's right right, Okay, okay, that's so wait you waiting?
Speaker 1: Hands off those cupcakes, rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Show checking in.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we got all that freezing cold temperatures behind us.
Speaker 2: It's a little cool out there now, I mean forty nine. I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Hi today around sixty seven, sunny skies, low chances of rain.
Speaker 2: What are we going to do today?
Speaker 1: They've given me four hours to share with my pals, the Twins, and to share with you.
Speaker 2: Guess what's back?
Speaker 1: Hashtag Monday selfie sell Federal Credit Union a chance to win one hundred dollars. I want to see you guys this morning. I want to see you. I want to see your beautiful faces on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Drop a fresh selfie of yourself.
Speaker 1: It's okay if it was from the weekend, but if it's taken this morning, even better. That's going to be on our Facebook page. Looking for fresh fish. It's all fresh today, fresh fish fresh out of Head to Head Challenge died a couple of brand new players to play at six twenty this morning. Playing for a Rod Ryan Show t shirt, and of course you're invited to be on with us all week. If you win today, you could win five in a row prizes every day. It's the only thing like that on the entire station. And then the fortune and fate that comes along with that.
Speaker 2: Shine Down, Yeah, yeah, big time shine Down.
Speaker 1: They're coming to down August twenty seven, Toyota Center. I've got a pair of tickets for you in home room the Texas Hammer Game for We have some more Rodeo tickets for you. Rodeohuston dot com. AJR is playing on March six. We'll get you in BlackBerry Smoke Boy.
Speaker 2: Do I love this band?
Speaker 1: Eight twenty We've got tickets to go see them March twenty eight, seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: I need to check that date to see if I'm available. I want to go see them.
Speaker 1: Pierce Aveiled tickets early in the nine Rockets tickets Today in.
Speaker 2: The Know the show. So yeah, it's going to be really, really busy. It's five fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Let's go Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Go morning, Rod, Good morning, Home Room.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk, who's in charge of the Department of government Efficiency sent an email out on Saturday to all federal employees telling them to send back a list of five things that they accomplished last week. The email also said that if anyone shows not to apply to that, that the department would consider it their resignation. Several US agencies, including the FBI, have advised their staff not to comply, and the largest federal workers union has questioned Musk's authority to enforce such mandates. They also say that the plan they planned a challenge any unlawful dismissals that may come from this.
Speaker 1: It's like that first assignment you get at school. When you come back, it's like, hey, here's what I know I need.
Speaker 2: Would you do over this? Would you do over the summer? Five things? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but the people are mad about it. We're definitely mad at well. He has the biggest story this weekend. Another big story from the weekend is Pope Francis is in a Roman hospital with pneumonia.
Speaker 2: And kidney failure.
Speaker 5: Despite his serious health issues, the Vatican reports that he is alert and responsive. The eighty eight year old has expressed gratitude for the global outpouring of support, well wishes and prayers, particularly from his native Argentina, where numerous masses have been held in his honor.
Speaker 2: While his prognosis remains uncertain.
Speaker 5: The Vatican continues to emphasize that his herd is performing well and that the Pope continues to engage in light activities from his hotel room. Discussions about a potential resignation have been surfacing, but Vatican officials are currently focusing on his recovery.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he gets better.
Speaker 5: Thieves in France stole a man's credit card, bought lottery tickets and one big but now they can't come forward without getting caught, so the victim is offering to split the pot with them if he gets his stuff back.
Speaker 1: I love the story, but then you're admitting that you're the person that did.
Speaker 5: Pretty much that he gets sort of like, I don't know, like what if he's like, I'm not going to press charges.
Speaker 2: I like this story. Do that. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 5: I don't know what French law is, but the jackpot is worth more than five hundred thousand American dollars in the cashier sold the tickets, so that the thieves were boasting about the win and that they were so excited they forgot their smokes at the store.
Speaker 2: Nobody has come forward with the winning ticket so far, which kind of makes sense.
Speaker 5: In doing so, they would essentially be turning themselves in if they try to claim the prize. But they are on the clock though, because people only have thirty days.
Speaker 2: From the day to purchase to claim their winnings.
Speaker 5: Half a million dollars? What do you think what happens? I don't think anybody comes forward.
Speaker 2: It's a half a mill while.
Speaker 5: You go to jail. Or does he just say I'm not gonna press chargeres? I don't know if that works that way.
Speaker 1: Is there some kind of iron clad deal that could be cut to say, oh, listen, I'll give you three quarters of the money and your credit card back. I take the money in an envelope and we part great friends.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you I go back on the deal, if I'm that guy, Yeah, it's the second they show up, I'm like, actually, I'm gonna press charges.
Speaker 2: And I want all the money. Should we be worried about the beads? He looks bad. Yeah, yeah, he's in the video. But I've seen a lot of people talking about it.
Speaker 1: He looks a little gaunt, and you know, he's wearing like baggy clothes and stuff, and gaunt means I hate the fact that I know this stuff. His face looks sunken in a little bit. Okay, it looks a little homelessly.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: People are asking about him after a video surface of him acting strange. He had to pop up an event for his wife, Haley's skincare line.
Speaker 2: In the video, he's.
Speaker 5: Talking to a fan, but he looks thin and what people have gone. People are saying he has a weird grin on his face. He also keeps shifting his weight from one foot to another.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: This seems like what if you went hungover to your wife's thing like that could also be it.
Speaker 1: Well, but it looks like he's been on a bender for about a month and a half. Yeah, yeah, he's looking well.
Speaker 5: Canada did just win the Four Nations, so like he's probably been celebrating that he's Canadian. So called said that his wife is quote deeply concerned for Justin and then he doesn't seem to care about his well being anymore, and that he's lost all motivation for creating music. Bieber's reps are denying those claims of claiming that he's in one of the best places he's ever been in his life and that he's not using any hard drugs. I think he did smoke with Dave Chappelle after the SNL thing, Yeah, but like hard drugs, I don't know. So we were getting the exact opposite, is what his reps are saying.
Speaker 2: He's married now he doesn't have to like take care of himself. Yeah, like let himself go, dude. All right.
Speaker 5: The mystery surrounding Dave Grohl's secret baby mama has apparently been solved. Jennifer Young of Florida says that she is the mother of Grol's seven month old daughter. She did not reveal the baby's name, but it's been reported that the kid's last name is Grohl and that she was born on August first. Girls reps if not responded to any questions about the reveal, and Young has no public social media accounts, so there's not been really any other additional details coming out so far. Not that we deserve to get any extra details. This is a private matter, but don't you kind of asking the questions just kind of want to see what she looks it's like obvious, Yeah, yeah, you do the chick, but like nobody's owed that role. Married his wife, Jordan Blum, in two thousand and three and has three daughters with her. But we've public we've seen him out in public more often the last month or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. That's about as much as we're gonna find out. I feel like, yeah, I look to.
Speaker 1: See if there was any pictures of the the.
Speaker 2: Mom on wine. I couldn't find anything. All right, let's go. It looks like you're going with baseball here. For sports is down at Spring Train. The Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Cardinals eleven to six.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the Marlins today down on West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go, guys. Who wants the first phone call?
Speaker 3: Who is up?
Speaker 2: The first phone call of the week is very important.
Speaker 1: You can set the tone for the entire week here, Chilli you standing by seven, one, three, two five.
Speaker 2: The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, okay, ninety four or five The Buzz Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Happy milk Monday, everybody, welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 2: I hope it was a great weekend. I had a great weekend. You didn't ask, but I'm going to tell you I had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Did you have a great weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, asked.
Speaker 1: I shared some some Marti Girl pictures on our I didn't want to step on your six picks like you guys, you.
Speaker 2: I'm more than welcome to also have six picks. Did not want to be rude. I love sharing six picks like some people have been in the past.
Speaker 1: So what I did is I took the route of using social media and I shared some pictures a bunch of them from Marty. Greg Galba said, listen, it was called Windy Rainy, and I'll just say.
Speaker 2: It, I had the best time down at Marty Greg GALBASI. I'm not just saying that. I really did. I had the absolute best time. You know, you just got to kind of roll with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the numbers were way way down, but you know, London was so excited about riding in a parade and throwing beads at people and stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just like.
Speaker 1: Core memories hopefully locked in. So that was on Instagram over the weekend at Rod Ryan Show. I can't wait to see your six picks because you had to make birthday weekend. Did you do some birthday stuff? I had some birthday stuff.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: You were very much.
Speaker 1: I can tell he didn't want to talk about it. He was mad that I brought it up. Your mom did not tell me it was your birthday. By the way, I don't know if you blamed her.
Speaker 2: I did not. She did not.
Speaker 1: She wasn't the little birdie that chirped in my ear that said it was your birthday. I felt like you thought it was her. But we had talked about it on Friday.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see some of that stuff. And then it's just good to see Chili.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Can everyone see Chili? I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, we can, but I don't think we're on Facebook live. I don't see us up on Facebook lived.
Speaker 2: If you talked to your twin. Is there a reason?
Speaker 6: Is he just not?
Speaker 2: He has a lot of problem to imagine. It wouldn't be anything he would do with my choice.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of problems with Facebook, So I don't know if he's banned again.
Speaker 2: Hey, what you on Facebook? Are we on Facebook nights.
Speaker 3: It's technical issues.
Speaker 2: This place stinks.
Speaker 3: It's called Monday, sir.
Speaker 5: Come on, sure, there was a Windows update that just took down our entire system, which is lit a mass media company should have happened.
Speaker 2: They just put out a thing. We're bigger than Google. iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Google always works, Yeah, like our stuff never works. Google ever just out it is laughable. At this point, we're like, what time this week are we gonna be at?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Is it gonna happen?
Speaker 1: When Teresa was in here the other day, I can't remember something went wrong, She's like, God, Rod, you've really mellowed out.
Speaker 2: Like what am I gonna do? Freak out every day? I can't. It happens too much now. It happens way too much to freak So anything chilis is there an update?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: Are we going to be Are people gonna be able to watch the show today?
Speaker 3: Hopefully within the next thirty minutes? I'm hoping, because you know, we're at the mercy of technology and engineers now, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Using QR codes. Do you get engineered?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go rent to rent to engineer dot com. Definitely see if they're working on us. Okay, Hey, what is working? Is Facebook is working? We're bigger than them. They're working and hashtag Monday selfie. Our friends over a shell Federal Credit Union. What aren't you just gonna score a hucks? So thank you to George Adam. There's Dallas Daniel.
Speaker 2: Oh, good for you.
Speaker 1: Jessica's working out this morning. I take that back. That's awesome that you're working out this morning. Christy is up with the dog. There's cool Karen. There is Missy Ernest.
Speaker 2: Win. I gotta go see now. Winn sent me a picture.
Speaker 1: It looks like he just got home from buying the Nirvana Nevermind CD in ninety one.
Speaker 2: That is not that is not a new picture. Win, it's funny. It's ninety one ninety two. Win easily. Hey, man, I heard this new band, Nirvana just got their new CD. Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: There's this other band called the Chili Peppers, Blood Sugar Sex Matgic just came out telling about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that those kids might do all right. All right, thank you, Win. That counts.
Speaker 1: The picture is up there hashtag Monday selfie. It's time for the phone Call of the day listener Alex, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Morning brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, dude, how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good. I'm on my way to work right now.
Speaker 2: What do you do for a living, Alex?
Speaker 7: I'm an electrician.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask your question because Alex, my Alex over here, we were talking about this this morning.
Speaker 2: How difficult would it be if I.
Speaker 1: Asked you for an email and I said, tell me five things you accomplished last week at work?
Speaker 2: Would you be able to do that? Would it be tough?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I could definitely, Like, I'm not saying that, it wouldn't be insulting.
Speaker 5: I think that's the give me a checklist everything you did. It's like dicro managing a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm going with the Elon Musk thing how he told all federal workers, like, send me an email, five things you accomplished last week.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's not insulting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you fifty but you could type that out, like so, Alex on the phone, you could type out five things that you accomplished last week.
Speaker 2: If I asked, yeah, for sure you would keep your federal job.
Speaker 1: Then you keep Yeah, we'd let you electrician on continue working.
Speaker 2: What else do you want to talk about, Alex.
Speaker 7: Oh Man, I'm just a new listener. I started listening to guys about a month ago.
Speaker 2: Really, how did you find us? Are you new in town? I have questions.
Speaker 7: No, I've lived here my entire life. I was a big fan of the Dean Rod show. Shout out at them, shout out, but uh uh, yeah, man, I started listening to all guys after they got canceled. And I love the show man. I'll listen to it every day way to work.
Speaker 1: It's a lot different than the Dean and Rod Show. And nothing against those guys. Listen, those guys were cool. I worked in the same building with them for my first couple of years here.
Speaker 2: And uh and Dean. Dean's a weirdo. Roger was pretty cool. Roger a weirdo to be on a morning show, do you do? But Dean was really weird.
Speaker 1: He walk around making like robot sounds in the hallway and stuff.
Speaker 2: Like it was weird.
Speaker 1: And he did that as a deflection, so we would so we wouldn't have to talk to people like people would ask them questions like Peppo bit and you just walked by him like it was weird.
Speaker 2: Mike's not touching that.
Speaker 1: Rodge would hang out over at Sam's I saw him a couple of times at the bar, and you know, we got along. They were they were great. I'm glad you're here, Alex. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I love it.
Speaker 2: Thanks dude, all right, have an awesome day. Did you ever call their show? Were you ever on their show? I've never.
Speaker 7: I've been on the show a bunch of times. I actually one concent ticket from them, like three.
Speaker 2: Times they answered the phones.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they answered once in a while.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, very good. I'm glad you're here, dude, I really am. I'm glad you're here. Anyone else that came over from Dean Rodge Man, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 2: I really am.
Speaker 1: Let me take a short break when we come back on a red check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out.
Speaker 8: Of Bed Houston host's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Yeah, Rob Ryan's show on a milk Monday.
Speaker 2: That's our Instagram feature.
Speaker 1: Chance to rain sunny skies, highs up around sixty seven. I like this out of that, all right, I've been no help to you at all. I got you because well hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 2: I was obvious. I was going to jump in on that.
Speaker 1: Are friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union offering up one hundred bucks win heard his shout out.
Speaker 2: I asked him what year is that picture from?
Speaker 1: When he just said he's laughing, He's like he needed a good laugh this morning. So on our Facebook page, what is working, Thank you zucker you drop a picture, maybe a selfie this morning or something from this weekend, and one of you will be randomly selected to win one hundred dollars at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: So that is trending. That is trending. What do you have?
Speaker 5: The SAG Awards Screen Actors Guild Awards we're yesterday.
Speaker 2: I believe it's the heaviest of the awards.
Speaker 1: All the competitors that won the winners, they were all talking about how.
Speaker 2: Heavy that actual award is. Yeah, I just must be the heaviest one. I did not see it.
Speaker 1: No hockey, Well, this is the last one before the Oscars are next week.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's the real one everybody cares about, obviously, And then also trending is Eagles White House. The Super Bowl champion Eagles are not going to be visiting the White House to celebrate their Super Bowl victory, putting politics aside. A lot of people are saying, not me, but a lot of people are saying this is an un American thing to do as a Super Bowl champions. Not me again, but people online are saying that, and that's what's going on and turning in May before the bus.
Speaker 7: Good morning, everybody. My name is Jeff and I finally punched it through not so fun fact I'm lost on game number five four time. But guess what I'm.
Speaker 2: In, baby, I am.
Speaker 7: You're fresh out of bed Head to head Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Member number three for twenty twenty five. Side note, I hope Sugar Shane calls back in thirty days join me at the end of the year, as I just may take it all bitches.
Speaker 6: I never do well.
Speaker 2: We need some new players here seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five If you would like to play the game. Here's stayed lowest than me on the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz stained lowest than me, Rob Ryan Show, Welcome back for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies. Highes up around sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners, Hey Morgan, Hi, Hi Morgan, good morning. How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you? I?
Speaker 1: I'm in a better mood because I just found out that you have never played this game before.
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so excited. Fresh fish. Have some fresh.
Speaker 1: Fish here, Morgan. You're gonna do great. All you have to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two questions, two answers, Easy peasy, get some free stuff, Play for a couple of days, play all week if you want, Morgan, okay, okay, be my guest all week long on the show.
Speaker 2: Now you have to play Kevin, though, and you have to beat him. Hi Kevin, Hey Rod, good morning.
Speaker 1: Chillie said to tell you welcome back, Kevin. You played last year?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, how'd you do?
Speaker 3: I got the date free?
Speaker 1: Okay, So he's won a couple of games, Morgan, you should be taking all this in. This guy's won a couple of games before. It's okay, it's not like he's all the famer. Okay, I mighta wuked out those three games.
Speaker 10: All right, guys, good luck.
Speaker 7: Morgan.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers will score you a rod Ryan show t shirt. And then the most important thing is you get invite to come out back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh I'm ready. Okay, that's good. Kevin's ready, Morgan? Are you ready? So Morgan just shout out their name. Kevin knows how to do this. Here we go. Question number one.
Speaker 1: Think we got a good one here, Alex, I think we got a good one here for a Monday. Question number one, how many hours are there in one day?
Speaker 2: Kevin? Twenty four? Twenty four is the correct answer. Kevin's on the board.
Speaker 1: Morgan screened her name too, Morgan, where it's okay?
Speaker 2: No, no, that's good. Where are you playing the game from my dad's car?
Speaker 1: You're in your dad's card to school.
Speaker 2: In front of the school. Okay, let's go. Let's get in front of the school too.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, I never was in front of my school at this time.
Speaker 2: It's so early for you guys. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Next question. Kevin's on the board. Morgan needs to say her name first.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: What document do you need to travel outside the country? Kevin correct answer, Yeah, you need a passport.
Speaker 2: Kevin got in there. Good job, good game, Morgan. Morgan, you're going into you're in school? What grade are you in?
Speaker 9: I'm in ninth grade.
Speaker 2: You're in ninth grade? Okay, Oh gosh, it made me feel bad, Morgan. I'm a high school teacher. Yeah, if you would have lost, Kevin, so help me.
Speaker 1: If a ninth year, if a ninth a ninth grader beat you as a teacher, you would have never lived that down.
Speaker 2: Morgan. Give a shout out to your school. What school you're going into? I go to and word academy.
Speaker 1: Man, I'll tell you what I thought. You did really really good today. I really enjoyed your energy too. Okay, have a great day at school. I hope your friends. Do your friends listen to the radio, like, will you be at school? And will someone say, oh my god, Morgan, I heard you on the radio today.
Speaker 2: I have asked, because I was actually on the first comer of the day, so I asked them if they heard me, and then all right, thank you, Morgan, have a great day. At school. I remember, this is a true story.
Speaker 1: I remember hearing a kid on the radio from north Ton of One.
Speaker 2: To high school.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what it was. I'm like, I go to school with that kid. He was a hero that day. Everyone heard him.
Speaker 2: Well, no, maybe she got through now Kevin. Kevin is a teacher.
Speaker 1: He probably won't tell anybody he was on today. Hi, Kevin, you're a better.
Speaker 2: Brag that you were on today. Congratulations. Hey teach, you want to join us tomorrow? Absolutely?
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, bro hang on ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Experience adventure into the cosmic on MIS.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five bus Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That's Papa Roach and getting Away with Murder rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Hoping you had a great weekend. Welcome back everybody. Brandon sends an email. I agree. He said, awesome game today. So much positive fun energy had me smiling on an early Monday morning. Brandon, I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Adam says, a good game to the freshman out there, getting out there and getting into the game.
Speaker 2: Kevin, for shame, she's a child man. You're lucky you won. Well. He mentions that in his victory speech, too fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: This is Kevin.
Speaker 4: You're fresh out of bed, had to head one day's championship and apparently this teacher is smarter than a ninth grader.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two, which is very fun, very fun.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we're back to give it away some Shine Doown tickets, which is great news. Shine down August twenty seven, Toyota Center. That'll be on the flashback. Oh I just got a message. There are five golf teams remaining in the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open April ninth, Wildcat benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics.
Speaker 3: Five teams remain.
Speaker 2: Okay, I brought some stuff in for you, guys. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. All right, here we go, guys.
Speaker 1: The cheeseburger was invented in nineteen twenty six at a restaurant called The Right Spot Pasadena, California. The owner's sixteen year old son randomly threw cheese onto a patty on the grill.
Speaker 2: They added it to their menu and they called it a cheese hamburger.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sixteen year old kid for dropping that cheese on that burger. Good call, Alex. There was a team that lasted only one game in the NFL.
Speaker 2: One game. It was the Maroons.
Speaker 1: It was the tonawandah Cardecks Lumberman from Tonawanda, New York.
Speaker 2: Names is too wordy, the Tonawanda Cardecks Lumberman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Tonawanda is right over the erie barge Canal. I am from North Tonawanda. That is Tonawanda. There is no South Tonawanda. There is no West Tonawanda or any Okay, so they they joined the NFL in nineteen twenty one. They lost forty five to nothing to a team out of Rochester and then they said, we're never planning we quit. Yeah, Rochester just blew them out forty five to nothing. Finally, Wow, the Guinness World Record for the most keys removed from a key ring by a parrot that is, is twenty two in two minutes.
Speaker 3: That's neat.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard something so stupid on this show since we were juggling squirrels. It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your body.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that to the day. Why was it a two minute record and not a one minute record? Everything about that is weird to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, put that and I put my coffee streak in. No, no, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: I got tickets to go see Shine Down. It's your fact.
Speaker 1: What is the the highest grade? It's a us D A grade of Ketchup rated on color, consistency, defects, and flavor. But what is the highest grade that ketchup can get?
Speaker 2: Seven? One, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: All right, our money guys on the phone over here, Hi, hal brother on Good Morning.
Speaker 1: Brought in a fun fact from Tonawanda, New York today.
Speaker 2: M hm, that was awesome. So I thought that, you know, maybe you were on that team.
Speaker 1: I wasn't on that team. How that was in the nineteen twenties. Thank you very much. Okay, gotcha, gotcha? Don't get all said, See sassy he gets when I can't like he knows I can't backhand him. He's on the phone, SATs how'd we do on Wall Street Friday?
Speaker 4: I'm not so good on Friday, gave a little bag. The dow was now seven hundred and forty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty three thowenty eight. Nastack down four hundred and thirty eight points. Kick off this morning at nineteen thousand, five hundred and twenty four Bench Maarten, Your treasury created at a four point four to four percent and oil stands at seventy dollars forty eight cents of barrel took the most actives. The big studs Merk, Coca Cola, and Amgen. The big duds Amazon, United Health and Navidia. The economic calendar this morning is all clear right now futures.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're looking pretty good.
Speaker 4: They're on the episode.
Speaker 2: Hang on to this be a nice part of it opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: I'm here, this is Highland managed to director with Ramon James put it for the ride line. So I from Raymond James on Sandfleet and the Gusta.
Speaker 2: And don't forget dolays or rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Aamen's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Income Ever NYC AS IBC I art radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not jaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell, any security referred to your end. Because programs are educational and informational services on the studs, duds are based on movement, as reported by Young.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back Ryan Show, Do Do Do?
Speaker 2: It's your Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 1: This is j C.
Speaker 2: Hi JC. How are you? I'm good? How are you awesome? Calling about the fun fact flashback? Hiram, good stuff.
Speaker 1: It's an actual us D A grade. It is the highest grade that ketchups are rated. What are we looking for here?
Speaker 2: Dancy or grade A fancy fancy ketchup is the.
Speaker 1: Best ketchup that could pass your lips?
Speaker 3: What did I say?
Speaker 2: I was gonna give you shine down?
Speaker 1: Tickets to my favorite Absolutely, It's the Dance Kid Dance Tour August twenty seven, Toyota Center. Tickets on sale now at Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 2: Jac You're in, Thank you, Rod, Thank you so much, find out my favorite band. I'm so excited. Oh I'm so excited for you. Okay, hang on for me. Have an awesome day. And that's good.
Speaker 1: News because we're giving away shine Down tickets all week.
Speaker 2: All right, you're listening to a fancy morning show.
Speaker 10: I'm ninety four to five to Buzz ninety four or five, the Buzz offspring, the.
Speaker 2: Kids aren't all right, fancy radio show, the top grade, highest grade.
Speaker 1: You can get for a morning show. Yep, fancy, Yep, it's fancy.
Speaker 2: Guys. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 1: If you want to just feel like, oh my god, you did nothing, go look at Alex's pictures.
Speaker 2: If you think you.
Speaker 1: Had a good weekend, go look at Alexis six picture and you're like, oh my god, I did nothing.
Speaker 2: I did things.
Speaker 1: You did some things. It was the birthday weekend. Yeah, birthday weekend. Okay, did you think you were going camping?
Speaker 2: Was not camping. It was out. I was outside a lot, but it was not camping.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're a weird, kind of secretive, low key camping guy.
Speaker 5: Now I've become that a little bit. Yeah, unintentionally. I just have friends that like to camp, so then like, hey, we're gonna do this weekend thing. It happens to be camping under our watch. And the last three years, yeah, you've become like a god. I'm not an expert at it, but I have friends that are more campy than I am. You go, I go camping with them. But this was not a camp thing. There was a house that we stayed.
Speaker 2: You crap in a picklebucket. No, okay, So you're not like a hardcore care bathrooms. You go bathrooms. Okay. Even when I do go camping, I go to the marine. When I have to take campus.
Speaker 1: Bear grills it. You make your own fire, you bring matches, do not bear grills it.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not bare gril sit you're not a camper.
Speaker 5: I like, I enjoy parts of camping, but the part that's uncomfortable sleeping on a rock somewhere in between glamping and actual camping, I'm like, whatever is in the middle of that fair enough.
Speaker 2: But look at six picks ten percent chance.
Speaker 1: Of rain sunny skies today highs up around sixty seven. I am amped to play the Texas Hammer Game next hour.
Speaker 2: That's how you're gonna win your Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 6: A j r.
Speaker 2: Is playing on March sixth, and uh is the cocoff this weekend? Yeah, belief. So so, I mean the prade is and I think that goes into the stuff. So yeah, so everything's about to really get underway here. Okay, trail riders do we have to look out for them?
Speaker 1: This wee you're going to look out for signs trail riders better look out for science. But I think we got to keep an eye on on trail riders. Like, I think that's a part of something that somebody has to do around here.
Speaker 2: Neat. What what are Houston's headlines? Please? Well, good morning, home room, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Rod Elon Musk, who is in charge of the Department of Government Efficiency, sent an email on Saturday to all federal employees telling them to send back a list of five things that they accomplished last week. The email also said that if anyone chose not to reply, that the department would consider that their resignation. Several US agencies, including the FBI, have advised their staff not to comply, and the largest federal workers union has questioned Musk's authority to enforce such mandates and says that they plan to challenge any unlawful dismissals that come from this. Texas health officials say that a measles outbreak is reaching historic levels in the state, and at least ninety cases have been identified in the state's South Plains region, with sixteen people being hospitalized. The majority of the cases have been in teenagers and children, most of which are unvaccinated. Health officials are now warning if a possible measles outbreak at Texas State University in San Marcos. The upbreak is also spread to New Mexico, where nine people have been infected.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. That used to be something that was talked about, like when I was like.
Speaker 5: On the Oregon Trail yeah, yeah, and the dye of measles.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then right up.
Speaker 1: Until the time that I was a little kid, I feel like measles and mumps were talked.
Speaker 5: About, measles and dysentery, scurvy yeah like that, like that, like this has happened.
Speaker 2: What did you get checked for scurvy? I don't think I thought only pirates got scurvy. No, I had to stand there.
Speaker 1: And you had to Like I think you were standing there in your panties in front of the nurse and you had to bend over, and they like they.
Speaker 2: Checked your back for scurvy or something that's not scurvy. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know, dude, I don't know what about scarlet fever.
Speaker 2: I had a thing. I had a touch of scarlet fever when I was a check fourth grade. I did. Yes, wow, yeah, all right, Well, so out for that too. I'm old timey. You are really old old.
Speaker 5: Universal Studios New Texas Theme Park is opening next year and the details have been released. The resort is going to be in Frisco and they will have lands based on characters from Shrek, Puss and Boots, Trolls, SpongeBob, SquarePants, Minions, and Jurassic World. Attraction features are going to include Shreks Swamp, SpongeBob's neighborhood, a Menus themed water play zone, a Trolls music festival, and a Jurassic World exploration zone, hopefully without real dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: This music seems really low tech for this high tech sounding park.
Speaker 5: Ye I didn't know what, like what music would work for it, but this one is definitely a choice.
Speaker 2: So this is a full blown universal studios that we're getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like in Frisco, which is like outside of Dallas, so you got to go through that place.
Speaker 2: But okay, that's to make fun and you don't have to go all the way to Orlando, so that's cool.
Speaker 5: One of Diddy's lawyers has filed emotion to be removed from his legal team, saying, quote, under no circumstances can I continue to effectively serve as counsel for Sean Combs. The lawyer's name is Tony Ricco, and despite wanting out, he says that he has provided Shawn Combs with the high level of legal representation expected by the court.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't seem like a good sign.
Speaker 5: When your attorney's like, I can no longer represent you.
Speaker 2: You wonder like what did you learn? I don't know what that happened here? But obviously all of us that.
Speaker 1: Know nothing about the law, you would think if your lawyer just says, bro, I can't work with you anymore, like what did he see?
Speaker 5: All my lawyer expertise is in bird law? But yeah, this seems like a bad sign. Did He does still have five attorneys representing him, and Rico's withdraw is not expected to delay the trial that's scheduled to begin in May. But yeah, like what makes you say I'm out, dude? Probably bad stuff in my opinion. They don't opinion only.
Speaker 2: They don't make on like the Dream Team anymore. They never left OJ Sonney Cochran would never They never left his side, Kardashian. They were there to the end, even when the.
Speaker 1: Shapiro Kardashian I think knew that OJ murdered her, and he still hung in there.
Speaker 2: On his team's new.
Speaker 1: OJ documentary on Netflix. By the way, they're selling it a bible. Yeah, I might bid there's I didn't even want to talk about it today. There's an OJ bible for sale that.
Speaker 2: Cockran bbby Bobby Kardashian gave him. Kardashian gave him. Yeah, okay, uh, this is interesting to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Noah Wiland honored his late father with a cover of Stone Temple Pilots Sex Type Thing. It's a stripped down version of the song that served as StB's first ever single on their debut album Core. It features Noah's vocals over an acoustic guitar played by Spencer Carr.
Speaker 2: Reed.
Speaker 5: I got a clip for you if you'd like to play that.
Speaker 2: Did you see any of the video?
Speaker 5: I saw a little bit of it and it's on our music blog page if you haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: He's carrying around a.
Speaker 5: Chucky doll, which is the representation of Scott in Noah's dream.
Speaker 2: Speaking about the video, he did.
Speaker 5: Say, like there's a lot I wanted to tell him, like how much the world has changed without you here. It's an interesting video but definitely worth it the watching if you're an STP fan, Like it's cool, like when the Sun does stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, like the dad's not there. But but what's Noah gonna do? You know? I mean, just run o STP back with him? He can sing, yeah, just do.
Speaker 5: A sublime sublime thing like we loved that at the twentieth anniversary and it wasn't even the full Sublime cast.
Speaker 2: But go go listen to Noah Wiland.
Speaker 3: He sounds so much.
Speaker 2: Like his dad. It's just he's teasing us with these things.
Speaker 5: And he's putting it makes me feel like there's something bigger coming.
Speaker 2: He's he's been doing this for a while for a couple of years now, you know, like that's a career. But with a career for you, buddy. We know the kid can sing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there must have been a sit down with the de Leo brothers.
Speaker 2: And can we do this? Yeah, it has to be you know. All right, Sports Shift gears, please down at spring training. The Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Cardinals eleven to six.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the Marlins today down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five. That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, that's one hour down, one hour down, Texas Texas Hammer Game. I'm up at around seven twenty again. Hashtag Monday selfie. I'm gonna go back. I want to go see you guys. Have you dropped the selfie yet on our Facebook page?
Speaker 2: Make sure you do that.
Speaker 1: At rod Ryan Show that is working. I'm sorry about the video. I hope to get an update soon because the YouTube and the Facebook live doesn't seem to be working this morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's very frustrating, but here we are calling ourselves a fancy radio show.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're that fancy.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, it's Pod Youth of the Nation.
Speaker 2: Now I can't see Chili either.
Speaker 6: Chili.
Speaker 1: You said you knew about Sonny being in town. Sonny from Pod. Chili is a huge Pod fan.
Speaker 2: Chili will Chili will.
Speaker 1: Be at Buzzfusts this year, guys, just seeing I'll be throwing my underwear.
Speaker 2: So I got a picture over.
Speaker 1: I got a picture over the weekend and it was from Caesar and he said, what up, Brother Rod, and just wanted to share. I met Sonny from Pod at Buckis and Katie said, really cool.
Speaker 2: Nice dude.
Speaker 1: Told him I was going to send you the pick and told him I would also be in the pit at Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: My name is Caesar.
Speaker 1: I'm a longtime listener since around two thousand and seven. Listen, I probably look at these things a little bit too much or too hard.
Speaker 2: What's so funny about this?
Speaker 1: I put it up on our Facebook page so you can kind of just scroll down on our Facebook page after you're done dropping your selfie. You know it's Sonny from Pod. He's pretty recognizable. He's a pretty big rockstar. But our guy, Caesar, this is how all of our lives have changed. I'm looking at Alex's six Picks and I'm giggling. Caesar is in BUCkies. He's got the metal shirt on with like my buddies that I went to high school with. They're in Malevolent Creation. It's like a metal metal band. It's like a metal metal metal band from you know, they're in Florida, And the harder to read the band's name, the heavier they are. So he's got one of those shirts. I'm like, I can't tell you what band it is. So he's got the astros hat, he's got the metal shirt on, and then he's holding a little pink BUCkies onesie municipal waste, like you know, metal at night, but then you know, pink Onesie dead during the day.
Speaker 2: You know, he must have been doing some shopping for his kid.
Speaker 1: Uh you said you that you knew Sonny was in townhun Actually, yeah.
Speaker 3: He wrote a book and he was, Uh, he's gonna be at a Wildcatters and Katie doing like a book signing and like reading or something like that. Okay, and he was doing it Saturday, so I knew he was in town. Wildcatters does some fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Man. I wish we were working with them. I wish they were advertising with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I looked at that place to buy it before I bought before h Anthony and I bought Lucky's and Katie we looked at that place and it's just like.
Speaker 2: Man, there's no sign on the road. It's like down at this end of this deserted road. I like the place. It's really cool. He was at the stress test.
Speaker 1: Okay, so anyway, Wildcatter. I wish they would advertise with us, and we would. I'd love to promote some these things. I had no idea that he was going to be there. Do you have the book?
Speaker 13: Chili?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I was gonna go, but I was still too hung over from Front of the Night.
Speaker 1: What's the last Hey, you're the twins, you would know, when's the last time Chili sat down and read a book that he wasn't required to read? Curling up with a good book, not jugs, not drugs magazine, a book.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a book.
Speaker 3: It's called Masooka's Rhyme.
Speaker 2: Bozongos. I read Bizongos from cover to cover.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. We used to do a thing on the show is called sex Jail Blood fame. So Caesar had some good fame. My kid has fame. I saw that so very cool. Listen, I just want to say thank you to everybody down in Galveston.
Speaker 2: It wasn't good weather. It was terrible weather.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was rainy, it was cold, it was windy, and I had the best time. And I'm not just saying that because it's over. I could to tell you it was miserable, and it wasn't. I had such a good time just because I guess I got to.
Speaker 2: Share it with London. And she got to ride on a float.
Speaker 1: When I told her she was going to get to ride on a float, you know, she's been to Marty Ground, New Orleans three or four times, so she's like, I get to ride on a float. I get to throw beads at people. How do I do it? Who do I throw beads to?
Speaker 2: Like that? It was funny. So you had like special beads you were throwing out too.
Speaker 1: I did. There's a there was a golden bead. There was four of them given out in the first weekend. You were guaranteed if you caught this bead. They asked them, like, Rod, do you want to give away the golden bead? I'm like, yeah, I do obviously that I saw it on social media because I follow Marty gra Galvez.
Speaker 2: I never wanted anything more the person and I'd like to hear did you catch the golden bead that I threw? I don't know who caught it. I saw the person.
Speaker 1: They were just coated in beads and I just kind of threw it in a general area. You were in the drawing for one of four prizes. There were four golden beads. They were going to do a drawing, a Galveston cruise round trip, tickets to Mexico, Galveston Island wine Fest tickets, and Galveston Island passes. So a cruise and Mexico trip for catching that damn bead. Yeah, plastic bead for just hanging out. I got to throw it.
Speaker 2: It was an honor. They asked me, do you want to throw it? I'm like, hell yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Brett Michael's played on the main stage, and this is where you got a shout out to the crew, not only Brett Michael's crew, but the people that work at Marty Grog Galveston. That rain was coming right down on the stage talking to the Brett's manager. But like it's four hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment. If we don't play, we save the equipment. If we plug it in and it goes zippy z app, we lose four hundred thousand dollars with equipment and we don't play.
Speaker 2: So we got to make sure that we kind of get this stuff dried out.
Speaker 1: Brett had a private plane waiting for him at six po forty.
Speaker 2: His private plane he was.
Speaker 1: Supposed to go on at five thirty, So it's now six o'clock. Brett's hard out is six point forty to get his to get his plane. So somehow they put this together. They get it dried off and they're like, we're going to do it. We got the equipment on, They got everything dried off, and the manager comes over and says, okay, you're doing the announcement.
Speaker 2: Who's this? I go, it's my kids.
Speaker 1: He's like, cool, great, no eighties jokes. I said, I go, this isn't a gotcha moment. I said, I'm a fan. I go, Brett's the coolest guy. He goes, if we worked with you in the past, I said, I've interviewed Brett several times. He's a nice guy. I go I'm not a gotcha guy. I'm happy to be here. I'm happy to help. He just wanted to make sure. You know, Brett Michaels can be a bit of a punchline, right, you know, So he wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do anything like that. So I go, no, dude, I'm going to He's like, well, listen. Timing of the essence.
Speaker 2: Basically, he's telling me get on and get off. But he was being cool about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I said, listen, I want to go up there, and I want to thank the crew for getting this stage ready. I go, I've been here the whole time watching them work. He goes, make Brett the hero. That's what he said. He goes, make Brett the hero. Brett was not going to cancel this show. He wanted to play for these people. I'm like, no problem, I got it. Yeah, I got it. Can I thank the crew. He's like, yeah, make Breath the hero. I'm like, okay, that's a good manager. Yeah, that's a good manager. Turns out he was a good turns out he was the guitar player the band. He said he's been managing Brett for twenty years and he says, He's like, obviously Poison didn't play the manager and it was the guitar player.
Speaker 2: So I mean, so, as we're.
Speaker 1: Getting ready, Brett Michaels is standing and warming up. He comes running out and he looks great. He's he looks like a rock star. He's awesome, and he's I'm not bothering him. And London and I are standing off to the wings of the stage and I just said, London, stand over here, I'll get a picture of you because that's mister Brett behind you. So she's like, cool, as I'm taking a picture, Brett Michaels comes running up, sneaks up on London and gets behind her and then takes and gets the picture.
Speaker 2: It was so great, it was so great. He went out there.
Speaker 1: He was a hero. He played for a little longer than his six forty out. He played maybe another song and people were out there in that weather Man.
Speaker 2: They were out for it. They wanted to see Brett Michaels.
Speaker 1: If you go to Brett Michael's Instagram, he's got a picture of him on stage and you'll see all the people behind him.
Speaker 2: It looks packed. It was packed. It was good. That's awesome. Yeah, it was really really good. He was fun, he's a great time.
Speaker 1: He's, you know, my outqu The other thing that the manager told me said, when you go out there, say what you're gonna say, and then you have to say the party starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's his.
Speaker 1: Cue to his crew. That's how they know that I'm done. You have to I go. I got it, dude, I got it. Brett's the hero. Party starts now, Turmulus. That's all I need to know. Either's a bullet points. So those are his five bullet points. You could have sent to Elon.
Speaker 2: And that was easy, you know what I mean. He was cool about it. He was like, listen, you have to do this, but he wasn't being ad about it. He was cool about it. Yeah. I love working with people like that.
Speaker 1: Some of these guys backstage they think their job's a little bit more important than it is.
Speaker 5: It seems like it's like the smaller of the band that like, yeah, those people do that.
Speaker 2: Yet you know you've been around always, but you know our times all right?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: He was cool.
Speaker 1: So uh so London stole the show and she got the picture with Brett Michaels that's on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Came man to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 3: Who wants it?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, time to fill up the queue right now? They let it up, fill up the phone lines. Chill a seven one three two four five. We're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game for Rodeo Houston tickets.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be on March sixth, when A j R.
Speaker 1: Will be on the main stage. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Come on Houston's.
Speaker 11: Rock, Houston's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, MILS Monday. I see Chili's got a bunch people, as we say in the queue, ready to play the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 2: Game, which is great. All right. The weather making me happy. It's forty eight right now.
Speaker 1: It's a little gloomy and doomy sun today, ten percent chance of rain, high of sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. This is not gonna be the show that.
Speaker 1: Like really gets in depth and breaks down the film of the SAG Awards.
Speaker 2: I do see it's trending. Yeah, that's what I had.
Speaker 3: It's everywhere, and.
Speaker 2: I think that's a precursor to.
Speaker 1: The Oscars, another one the Oscars, I understand, you know all the other ones.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, okay, I know people, yo, yeah sure. And then Jane Fonda must have been given some award. I don't know that or no.
Speaker 5: She said something about being woke means that you care about people.
Speaker 2: I think that's what she said. She got some kind of a thing. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Half of Twitter's mad about it. Half of Twitter is like she's the best. So that's her whole life.
Speaker 1: She's been polarizing America since Vietnam War. So I am I don't know what madness literally, Niam, I don't know what madness is underneath addressing everything else.
Speaker 2: That old bird looks pretty good. She's got all these workouts. She looks pretty damn good.
Speaker 5: What else is trending? Milf Monday is trending? Okay, I'm Suerisse. Submitted to us by listener Paco. They'll give her a look today.
Speaker 2: At the water famous rod Ryde showpage at buzz dot com and also Atlanta Airport brawl is trending. I guess there was a big brawl that broke out at.
Speaker 5: Hartsfield International Airport and someone filmed it. There were people kicking, punching people. It went crazy, and that's what people are talking about online right now. And that's what trimming. I'm not even by the buzz, but you should go check out my six picks. I wish that was trimming.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, six picks. All right, Well, guys, listen, we're not really okay. Instead of like breaking down the SAG Awards, I thought we would, all right, game.
Speaker 2: I got no time for those SAG Awards. Rock sag, Let's go, Let's go, he would ever say, sag on. I yes, you would, and you did. Ben wants to play the game.
Speaker 1: It's for a j R Rodeo Houston tickets Rodeohuston dot com for the full lineup.
Speaker 2: It's Rodeo, y'all. Yeah, I try. It's it's Rodeo time, y'all. Ben, y'all, y'all. Ben, Yes, Hi, y'all. It's I'm trying. He stoked, Ben, I'm trying. Go Texan Day.
Speaker 1: Listen, Ben, I'm gonna play you a clip of the Texas Hammer. He is going to be reciting some lyrics. You need to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, Ben definitely. Okay, dude, here we go. Let's take a listen together.
Speaker 13: Oh this time, it still feels just like yesterday that I walked a Million Miles with you?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 1: Benny, Yeah, Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny, Benny any Benny Benny Bennet.
Speaker 2: Daniel, let me on you a gas no nothing, Daniel, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Daniel, Hey, good morning Manhi.
Speaker 1: Daniel, Let's take a listen to the Great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 7: Oh this time, it still.
Speaker 13: Feels just like yesterday. Did I walked a Million miles with you?
Speaker 2: That's a song that we play here on the radio station. Daniel. What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song? Under You? Yes, yes, Steers under You? What how'd you know that? Dude? Come on, man's probably now.
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: Because because the lyrics I know said pretty clearly in a song my favorite band, and I don't know any lyrics to any songs. Okay, I can barely get through the ABC's Daniel, you got tickets to.
Speaker 2: The Rodeo Houston. It's gonna be It's gonna be March. Y'all y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, y'all, y'all come back March sixth a j are night and uh Daniel, great job today, Bro, thanks for being on the show.
Speaker 2: Good job. Hi, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Man, I have a go Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: We don't need your attitude. We have one of our The Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 13: Oh this time, it still feels just like yesterday that I walked a million miles with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, now it's so easy, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: Right afterwards, it's not fair.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody, Rob Ryan's Show ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 1: For hooking us up with those lyrics every Monday to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. Okay, I'm gonna have to get it well, Chilly.
Speaker 1: There's pictures of Dave's mistress online.
Speaker 2: Just when I said I didn't have any pictures of her, ten emails come flying in. It's like Jude, God, here she is right here.
Speaker 3: We're running a story.
Speaker 2: On the music blog page. We know her name.
Speaker 1: Do you know Dave had a child out of wedlock? I think everybody knows that the baby was born. We don't know the baby's name. Baby was born August.
Speaker 2: First, first, and we know her name.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have any social media accounts, but of course paparazzi boom, there's.
Speaker 2: Pictures of her floating around out there.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna put my bloodhound Chili on that so he can get that stuff up on. He will, he will, unless he's I don't know, unless he's doing something else.
Speaker 2: You know, he's probably trying to fix our cameras.
Speaker 1: I am, yeah, apologize about the cameras today.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It is no one's fault here, no, and it's not Radio Wizard's fault either, But I just told him, I'm like, dude, enough's enough with the cameras being down.
Speaker 5: You know, get our department, Get our camera department to write the five things that they did and accomplished last week.
Speaker 2: It's not fix our cameras.
Speaker 1: You guys have your cameras working this morning. Thank you, Michael Garcia. Thank you Christina, beautiful picture of you. I'm assuming that your daughter Dante.
Speaker 2: Is Aaron.
Speaker 1: There's Kirk whoor All these people that are shouting out Jesus, Ricky is that you?
Speaker 2: Ricky is jacked.
Speaker 1: He looks like that hot target Santa Claus from this year.
Speaker 2: Say some iron for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Bro hashtag Monday selfie Jesus christis guy's jacked.
Speaker 2: Hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 4: You see it?
Speaker 2: You see the guy? Did you see hot Santa? It was like trending before Christmas? Is he hot Target Santa? Maybe hotter?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at all the pictures that you guys have posted. Thank you so much on our Facebook page, and thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna win a hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is just drop a little selfie selfie on the Facebook page. Now, I use the Facebook page for show prep. Once in a while I saw that today was I Hate Cilantro Day. Mike, Yeah, it's weird. I know the guy that owns I Hate Cilantro dot com. He's the one that got me started.
Speaker 2: I'm buying all the dumb dot com It sounds like you.
Speaker 1: Might own it, my friend, Alberto, he's the one that started me off.
Speaker 2: I'm buying stupid U r L and you stated me, I'm buying stupid uls. He owns I Hate Cilantro dot Com. It's great day for him. Today is I Hate cilantro day. So you hate cilantro?
Speaker 1: I don't, But I asked, what is another food that needs their own hate day? On our Facebook page, Craig says pickles, Carrie says green olives.
Speaker 2: Friend off, friend off. I love green olives over black olives.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm not gonna say no to an olives, but I would go black olives over green.
Speaker 2: Black olives don't have a lot of taste. They taste like they're beast black olives.
Speaker 1: They're bland compared to a green olive, they're super bland.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Kathleen says crawfish.
Speaker 5: Mike, I can't understand why people don't like crawfish, though I get white people.
Speaker 2: Don't like crawfish.
Speaker 5: Like, if you don't like the smell of crawfish, then you're going to hate crawfish.
Speaker 2: They're cockroaches of the sea. They are what they are. Okay, I just added one.
Speaker 1: So what I'm asking is, what is another food that needs their own hate day?
Speaker 2: What did you have?
Speaker 5: Deviled eggs? Trash, absolute trash. You're just gonna make you fart up a storm the rest of the day. Everybody, It's like, oh, I love that. I hate the smell of them.
Speaker 2: I hate them. Do you okay, do you like mustard? I do like mustard.
Speaker 5: I like eggs, I like okay, I don't like hard boiled eggs. I like eggs, I like mustard. I like a lot of the things that go on devil eggs. But I do not like deviled eggs. It is disgusting.
Speaker 1: I cannot bite into the white part of an egg. The Yeah, I cannot bite into the white part of an egg.
Speaker 2: I sense the healthy part, I know, but I don't want that. So that's the only thing.
Speaker 1: Me and Randy Ryan ever got along, and we were the only time my dumb bra and I were on the same page. Is he liked the white and I like the yolk. Okay, of course, fat boy like the yolk and he liked the white part. So we would split our eggs up. We would actually work together around Easter time, and it's the only time we've ever done anything like that. The deviled eggs, I love the inside of them. I think they're great. I think it's awesome. I just cannot bite into that white Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: I just cannot do it.
Speaker 1: It's there's a texture thing, there's a there's an everything that I just can't do raw onions, cilantro, a lot of black olives, liver with sabby. My question this morning is what is another food that needs their own hate day?
Speaker 2: Is it cilantro like one of those.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there some study that like in DNA that like some people are they that's why they think it tastes like soap in some people's DNA. They just don't process sat the same way other people process cilantro. Like, I think cilantro is delicious. I love throwing it on taco It's great. But I understand why people are like, the smell makes me not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and cilantro are the leaves of coriander, so I think it goes back to that, and then there's the same yeah, yeah, yeah. Coriander is the seeds, the leaves are cilantro. But most of the world world just calls it cilantro.
Speaker 2: Rock oysters.
Speaker 5: I like, but you got you got to put stuff on it too. I can understand, like that's why you gotta dress it up.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes them. I do. They're like just doing it. I'll hammer those bad voice all right, happy, I hate cilantro day. Everybody carry on the rod Ryan show.
Speaker 6: On the.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Lincoln Park and lost Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I didn't get an update this morning, but coming into the show today I was told we had five teams remaining for the rod Ryan Show Charity golf Open April ninth, Wildcat. It's all benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I didn't know that the was gonna make it the weekend. But yeah, the fact that we're back at Wildcat, Thank you Wildcat.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Admiral transfer and rigging our title sponsors once again, Carbock on board, Grazi Italian Kitchen, on board Willie's Ice Houses, coming back past the Gravy, whole sponsor thinking out, Thank you bro Brad Right, Yeah, so you can still sign up.
Speaker 2: It's today tomorrow. I don't know it's going to sell out.
Speaker 1: It's going to sell out, and then you will not be able to play in this Now, will I need more sponsorships and all of that stuff and get your name mentioned on the air and buy a whole sponsor or something if you're a small business, love to get you guys involved, would love to have you involved. Everything on the world Famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com hate foods, I'm glad it back s cargo.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Omani mushrooms.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, bo, I'm with you mushrooms.
Speaker 2: It should be I hate mushroom day, every day, every days. I hate mushroom day for me.
Speaker 1: And then asshole that wants it on half the pizza. Uh huh, she's stinking up the whole thing. The half the pizza guy. There's nothing more annoying than let's put us on half though, Like I want mushrooms on half. I'm cool at that. Take no other Is there another topping? Like, let's just say, like I like green olives does not stinking up the.
Speaker 5: Whole Pizzapenos do. My wife doesn't like hotpenions, so I give.
Speaker 2: She says, it gets on the other half. On half, she said, I can.
Speaker 1: Tell you had app Yeah, not a lot of room in that box.
Speaker 2: And that stink from those things walks over to you.
Speaker 1: All over there, All right, guys, Still to com BlackBerry Smoke tickets at eight twenty, Pierce the Veil tickets at nine to ten, Rockets tickets on nother show You kidding Me?
Speaker 9: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 6: Rod Riot, The Morning Show, six to ten am ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five ninety four or five the Buzz Green Day, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Rod Ryan Show on this MILF Monday. Alex has his six picks on links and guests as well. We got hashtag Monday selfie happening on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: So there's lots to do.
Speaker 1: We just I mean, we don't just like ease in anything around here. We just jump right in and start like reckon shop. Sunny Sky's today ten percent chance of rain, highs of around sixty seven. Next hour we'll talk BlackBerry Smoke. They're coming March twenty eighth to seven pe to three Music Hall. I'll compare tickets for you right now. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning Rod, Monday morning everyone.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk, who is in charge of the Department of Government Efficiency, sent an email on Saturday to all federal employees telling them to send back a list of five things that they accomplished in the last week. The email also said that if anyone chose not to apply, that the department would consider that their resignation.
Speaker 2: Was the first phone call Alex.
Speaker 1: Alex, Yes, we kind of joked with him, like Alex the electrician. I'm yeah, and I said, if I asked you to send me a list of five things that you accomplished at your job, could you do it?
Speaker 2: He sent me the email we were joking with Rice and that to his boss he can keep his job. Good morning, brother Rod. Here's a list of my five things.
Speaker 1: I built a cable tray so we could start bringing power to the machines. I ran conduit throughout the building for power, terminated various motors and sensors, and pulled wire and cables and terminated.
Speaker 2: This is a man, Yeah, this is a man doing man's work. You're setting this seamal to a couple of girls over here. We don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Ard that to Elon. So, yeah, we just made a little joke. I understand how insulting it would be to tell me what you did last week.
Speaker 2: You're micromana. Do you feel like?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well again. Elon Musk is a polarizing figure right now.
Speaker 5: Several of the US agencies, including the FBI, have advised their staf not to comply, and the largest federal workers union is questioned Musk's authority to enforce such mandates. And say that they planned to challenge any unlawful dismissals they come from all of this, But yeah, that's it's a big story, probably the biggest story of the weekend. The big story from the weekend was Pope Francis in a Roman hospital with pneumonia and kidney failure. Despite his serious health issues, the Vatican reports that he is alert and responsive.
Speaker 2: The eighty eight year old has expressed gratitude for.
Speaker 5: The global outfouring of support, well wishes and prayers, particularly from his native country of Argentina, where numerous masses have been held in his honor. While his prognosis remains uncertain, the Vatican continues to emphasize that his heart is performing well and that the Pope continues to engage in light activities from his hotel room. Discussions about a potential resignation of surfaced, the Vatican officials are currently focused on his recovery.
Speaker 2: This is low key one.
Speaker 1: Of my favorite stories today, Yes, kind as well, because I like the whole what's gonna happen next, what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do here? Tell ever write a movie about it?
Speaker 5: But thieves and France stole a man's credit card, bought lottery tickets and one big but now they can't come forward without getting caught. So the victim is offering to split the pot with them if he gets his stuff back. The jackpot's worth more than a five hundred thousand American dollars, and the cash here that sold the thieves the ticket said that they boasted about the win and were so excited that they forgot their smokes. Nobody has come forward with the winning ticket so far, which makes sense because doing so would be just turning yourself in essentially trying to claim the prize. And I don't know if you can say, hey, I'm not going to press charges. I don't know if that works because you've already kind of where it stolen.
Speaker 1: You get a lawyer, you're like, okay, what's half half a million dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then I also, if I am the guy that says that I would split them, I would not split it.
Speaker 2: Oh, so I would do this.
Speaker 5: To get them to do that, And then I'm pressing all the charges and I'm like, yo, dude, f you guys, you stole my stuff.
Speaker 2: I rarely I want to punish you.
Speaker 1: I rarely agree with your dumbass on any of this stuff, right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Kind of on your side on this one. Oh no, you don't like it when things are taking away from you.
Speaker 1: Now, off, they robbed this man, so yeah, you can lie and manipulate.
Speaker 5: Okay, I would be a thief at that point, and I would steal my money was really my money, but it was your money, you thought.
Speaker 2: I stand with you on this. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They are on the clock though, because you only get thirty days from the date of purchase to claim your winnings.
Speaker 2: Oh so we got like twenty nine days.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Just don't forget about this story, please, I will try, and.
Speaker 2: I will trust somebody.
Speaker 5: Email me in twenty eight days and remind me Alex check on those French thieves.
Speaker 2: I want an update. It's gonna be fun to follow.
Speaker 5: Should we be worried about the Beebs because people are saying we should after a video served of him acting strangely at a pop up event for his wife Haley's skincare line. In the video, Bieber's talking to a fan but looks thin and has what people are calling a weird grin on his face. He also keeps shifting his weight from one foot to another, but again like he could just but you might have been hungover, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You could have an off day. It doesn't mean that you're going through a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 5: Not that it doesn't, but so called sources said that his wife is deeply concerned for Justin and that he doesn't seem to care about his well being anymore, and that he's lost all motivation for creating music. Bieber's reps are saying the exact opposite and denying those claims, though they're saying that he is one of the best places he's ever been in and that he is not using hard drugs. He was seen smoking a little little reefer with Dave Chappelle at the S and L fiftieth anniversary party, but ego hard drugs legal.
Speaker 2: You can smell it everywhere in New York.
Speaker 5: So he's either doing the worst he's ever done or the best he's ever done, depending on who you're getting that information from.
Speaker 2: I've got another confession.
Speaker 5: The mystery surrounding Dave Grohl's secret baby mama has apparently been solved. Jennifer Young of Florida says that she is the mother of girls seven month old daughter. She did not reveal the baby's name, but it's been reported that the kid's last name is Grohl and that she was born on August first. Girls reps have not responded to questions about the reveal, and Young has no public social media accounts, so there's not been any real additional details to come out so far.
Speaker 2: Your twin has a picture of her.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, he does. I know you were getting some sent to you after I had not seen her. Yeah, I hadn't seen her. And I feel gross, Like what do you mean trying? I this isn't my business. This is it seems like a very private matter. And I get that he is a public star, but it's like this is you know, like this seems awful.
Speaker 2: This is the kind of stuff that people love.
Speaker 5: I get it, I absolutely get it. I feel gross like being like, well, let's let's learn about it. Like obviously she's having to deal with Dave, who wants to be with his wife. He doesn't want to be with her, so she's like you were one night stand or whatever you were, and and now she's gonna raise a kid by herself, with maybe the help of Dave.
Speaker 2: Probably the help of Dave a lot of I don't really a lot of financial help from Dave.
Speaker 5: But she's still gonna have to be a single mom now at this point, like he's not gonna be with her, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: This feels it feels weird.
Speaker 1: But didn't he say in the initial statement he's only made one that he would this child would be a part of his life.
Speaker 5: And I don't love Yeah, I think so, and he planned for the child to be But then again, like it's always gonna be weird being like, hey, honey, I'm gonna go see my other kid, and like, I don't know, I feel weird that I get.
Speaker 2: That this is tabloids, this is what people do, but like, I don't like this.
Speaker 5: I don't like this at all. But yeah, Jennifer Young is the name of a lady from Florida. Okay, wish them the best, Yeah, you wish them the best.
Speaker 2: That kid's gonna be taken care of. She's gonna be taking care of fun. I think so.
Speaker 1: A lot of money heavy so or does it make it awesome? A ton of money has landed in her bank account, Yes, for the kid, for the kid?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: What sports down at spring training? The astro who's gotta win? Yesterday they beat the Cardinals eleven to six.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the Marlins today down in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five. And that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Halfway point of The show Man, the Drone and w BlackBerry Smoke. Tickets coming up in about twenty minutes from now.
Speaker 9: Sent Ty Easton's Rocking Alternatives, The Dry.
Speaker 6: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 10: Five ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, brod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili, Pepper's Under the Bridge half what part of the show too, But.
Speaker 2: Eight oh nine.
Speaker 1: I hate having to bring this up, but I want to. I know you guys are way smarter than this. Today is hashtag Monday selfie. We've done it a couple of times already this year and there's been not a problem at all. And then today the scammers found out about what we're doing and people are playing along this morning. You guys are doing great. I love you.
Speaker 2: You know. This is low key one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: That we do because we don't we get to see you guys, you know, so thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give somebody a hundred bucks at the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Chili and only Chili will contact you. Yes, there's a couple of scamming scamsters that are on there saying Okay, hey, congratulations, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's like all this, like these steps that you have to do. Chili, did you see that? I sent it over to you just so you can kind of see it and just kind of keep half an eye on it. I know you're working on a bunch of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just I just think about the last thirty minutes, just deleting in report, reading those comments, which Facebook's probably gonna do nothing about it.
Speaker 5: It's okay, Chili off later because Chili posted to me years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chili posted like a side boob and he got banned. Yeah, you got people that are scamming people out of money, and Facebook will just say this doesn't really go against community standards, like we're cool, scam but the size of a but the side of a boob does.
Speaker 2: Chilie, we had no problems the first couple of weeks we did this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a zero, you know, not without AI and all that stuff is just getting harder and harder.
Speaker 2: So you sound like you're twin over here. Everything's ai saying it's a bad thing. It's a very bad thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's just saying it's one of the things. Also, I had to go and I reported about thirty of the comments because I went down the comments and looked on it. Yes, sir, so about thirty of it. And it's just like there's that many. Yeah, there was a lot of it. And then I was.
Speaker 2: Like, we can't have any fun anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I've reported a lot of them. And then also, if y'all have one that's in your comments, put it scam and that's it helps out that way and we'll be well, should be good.
Speaker 2: The other scam that I can't seem to get rid of. I've talked about this on the air.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of rod Ryan phony facebook pages out there. They grab my pictures, they grab pictures of us everything, and it looks like a real page. Then they go out and look at bands and they send bands things. They're like, hey, man, i'll play your stuff on the air if you pay me money.
Speaker 2: And I've talked about this.
Speaker 1: I apologize if you heard me and complain about this over and over again. But this is just another one of those things at Facebook. When I send it to them, they do nothing about it. They do absolutely nothing about it. But our page, our real page, the rod Ryan Show page. I get things all the time like you are no longer being published. Yes, we're not putting you out there, we're not taking your page away, but you're one step of losing your page.
Speaker 2: What have we done? What have we done? Not scam people, which apparently is what Facebook.
Speaker 1: Are scamming people out of money, and you won't take them, you know down. It is very very frustrating, super frustrating. So just I know you guys are super smart. I just wanted to make sure that you don't fall for something only Chili will get a hold of one of you. And there's no don't ever, We're not We're never gonna ask you for a credit card or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Who did we talk about last week? The Google dolls?
Speaker 1: Yeah they had to put out a post, right, Yeah, you didn't mention that on their Instagram. They're like, listen, we hate to do this, but we understand there's a bunch of things out there, and there's there's somebody claiming to be the Goo Goo Dolls. Listen, we will never ask for your credit card, you know, like us guys in the band. You know, I'm sure there's a Google Doll website where you can buy t shirts and that's a credit card situation.
Speaker 2: But it's just gotta be careful. I know you guys are way smarter than everybody else out there. So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to The reason I hate bringing it up because I don't want to deter you from dropping a picture, because we'll do that. We like seeing your your bright, smiling faces in the morning. Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. Quick break, let me come back and a rerect check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get you those BlackBerry smoke tickets.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative fair use The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten am, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Alright, welcome back, everybody, rod Ryan Show, MILF Monday, Sunny's Guys Today, Tener sent chance of rain high sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I got some great tickets coming up for you. But first, Alex, what's trending? Hashtag? Monday selfie? It is trending?
Speaker 5: Shout to our friends at Shell Federal Credit Union in Chili will contact you. Only Chili will contact you if you in but lots of people posting their selfies on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Also trending is Jane Fonda.
Speaker 5: She was at the SAG Awards and made a speech that people are talking about and then GTA six revealed date is also trending this morning. Grand Theft Auto sixth the well. It's been a widely awaited video game. They've announced that they will have an early twenty twenty six release for the game.
Speaker 2: Grand theftoughto five is one of the highest most selling video games of all time.
Speaker 1: You know what else I see is trending and I just tell me your thoughts. Pam Anderson's no makeup look at the twenty twenty five SAG Awards. Pam Anderson steals the show. Blah blah blah. It's like Snoop smoking a joint. I understand the first time that Pam Anderson showed up. Okay, she's going makeup free, so brave. She's one of the most beautiful people of all time. Alicia so brave with the no makeup, it's almost silly. She's trending for walking the red carpet.
Speaker 2: With no makeup. I get it, everybody's got makeup on.
Speaker 1: But this is like the tenth red carpet she's walked with no makeup.
Speaker 2: It's no longer trending. Chili doesn't wear makeup to any of our red carpet events, and no one bets nine, No one says anything about Chili. I think Chili looks gorgeous.
Speaker 1: But I think it's funny, like when Snoop Dogg it used to be so gangster to be smoking a joint.
Speaker 2: Now it's legal everywhere. It's not cool out there. He's smoking like on Instagram, and it's like, it's just not cool anymore. Like it's it's it's cooler not to smoke the NFL, like you could smoke in the NFL. Now it's a thing now. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, it's good. Good for her that she feels comfortable enough to do that.
Speaker 5: Maybe there's some women that that feel like now they're empowered to go do that because Pam Anderson did that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like it's it's done already. A right, Who are we right to tell women what to do?
Speaker 9: Nobody?
Speaker 2: I'm not part of the patriarchy. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, all right, Well, it's super brave. She's she is. Also we got tickets, sure, du buddy. Black Berry Smoke.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now there's the Black Keys, There's the Black Veiled Brides. There's Black Eyed Peas, Blackstone Cherry, Black Sabbath, Made the Black from Metallica.
Speaker 2: Black Pumas I think is about yeah right yeah, Black Beetles from Migos.
Speaker 5: Black Hearts Saints is a band, black Hole Sun is a song, black Box, Black Angels, BlackBerry the Phone, Black Youngstu, Yeah, Jack Black.
Speaker 1: This is another one. It's BlackBerry Smoke. They're playing March twenty eighth, seven to one to three Music Hall. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster. I do like this band. I have three of their albums, so that counts as liking the band.
Speaker 2: I've not seen them live yet.
Speaker 1: If I'm available on this date, I'm going to go see them. They are just a rock band that kill it on stage. I've seen some live stuff on YouTube and I need to be a part of this show.
Speaker 2: You can be a part of this show.
Speaker 1: I'll take Caller ten seven one three two one two four five.
Speaker 2: Ryan Shows ninety four five The buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us song.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for dropping pictures on our Facebook page this morning. You guys look amazing and don't fall to the scammers. Chili and only Chili will let you know if you have won that one hundred dollars from our friends.
Speaker 2: Over at Shell Federal Credit Union. Really big on this band. This kid's is called rock and roll now, brother, because you ain't got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of BlackBerry Smoke. March twenty eight, seven one to three Music Hall, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. I need someone that wants to just rock, not metal rock, just a rock. You want to see a rock band.
Speaker 6: It's been a while.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go to a rock band a rock concert? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes yes.
Speaker 2: Lee listen, I got you. What is your name?
Speaker 6: Olivia?
Speaker 1: Olivia BlackBerry Smoke is the name of the band. You're like, who do worry about it? Seven one to three Music Hall, March twenty eighth, Go see this band, I promise you.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait. I cannot wait to get the email the day after to say, Rod you were right. This band is awesome. Why aren't they huge? All right? Thank you? Olivia? Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me.
Speaker 1: We'll have to take it's all week. I'll try to sneak out a little cut here and there.
Speaker 2: They're good. They're really good. That like rival Sons. You know, these these rock bands with these killer singers and just cool old school guitar riffs.
Speaker 1: Rock is alive and well, my friends sunny skuys today. Ten percent chance of rain high of sixty seven. I went groceries before the weekend. I had to get ready to get the kid. Yeah, I had the kid this weekend, so you know, I gotta have groceries se sons, yeah, and pick some oj But I bought eggs.
Speaker 2: Ran billionaires, I know, I know. So is there just one other person on the planet that's like me and listen.
Speaker 1: I don't have money to be throwing away, But if I need eggs, I'm buying damn eggs. They were five they were five bucks. Okay, there were four ninety five something like that. I just looked at the national average of eggs four ninety five.
Speaker 2: What were they? I don't know. I don't know. If I need cheese, I grab the cheese that I like. Yeah, I don't check the price all I do is fight? Do you look at the prices? Do you know like what you're paying for certain things. I'm just I hate to sound like a complete asshole.
Speaker 3: I just don't look at that.
Speaker 2: If I need my wife, does I do not?
Speaker 1: If I need salsa, I just grab the one right there in front of you.
Speaker 2: It's not even the same round beef. This is the ground beaf. I'm like, what this price is the ground beeB We're not getting.
Speaker 5: Ground beef now, like I need it, I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I'll notice if something is on sale or whatever, and it's like, okay, if I'm gonna make it today and that ground beef it needs to be.
Speaker 2: Sold by tomorrow, I'll get that one.
Speaker 5: I'll buy off brand stuff if you buy off brand stuff, but I'll still get the cheese I want to get. I'm gonna get Moneray Jack cheese. I'm gonna get the Moneray Jack cheese. I don't know what brand it is, but I'll get it.
Speaker 1: Spare me the okay millionaire emails.
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 1: It has to be exhausting to go grocery shopping and manage every five cent off coupon of toothpaste and ever and people. I know people get the rocks off on that stuff. I just don't know how much eggs used to be. I just know that I paid five dollars. That's forty cents an egg. If I want to scrambled egg, it's forty cents.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Was it super cheaper than that? Do you know you're asking the wrong guy, buddy?
Speaker 1: And I can't ask him him Miss Christina?
Speaker 2: Him doesn't go. Has he ever been grocery shopping?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Get, he's got to go get beer? Does he ever have to pick up a few things?
Speaker 5: I could see her being like, hey, grab grab a car and the milk.
Speaker 2: Ever go grocery shopping?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have? Okay, okay, you have meaning you're forty some years on this planet? You grocery shop? Oh yeah, it's forty two years. It's forty two years old. Okay, celebrated birthday.
Speaker 1: Do you look at the prices?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea what eggs used to cost before people started losing their minds on eggs and the bird flu and all this other stuff?
Speaker 3: I know you could get a carton like like I'm talking about like a dozen No, like the big carton, like the square one.
Speaker 2: Who are you cooking for there's two of you and twenty five dogs. The doctor.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. You're asking questions. Okay, you're doubting my skills.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're talking about like one of those big squares yeah, flat of an.
Speaker 3: Now there used to be like eighteen bucks a palette or something like that.
Speaker 2: Are you buying that many eggs when you buy eggs?
Speaker 3: Well, when I used to before the doctor said my cholesterol was too hot, you.
Speaker 2: Would you would buy one of those big squares of an.
Speaker 3: Then you go for like the eighteen pack.
Speaker 2: Now okay, so that's still a lot of eggs.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Do you do.
Speaker 1: You have any idea what a dozen eggs used to cost?
Speaker 2: Because I paid five dollars? Like, do you have any idea? Or no?
Speaker 3: Man, it would be like about three bucks or three to four Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I've never really had eggs down to a stat was foxes. They just go in the house. The eggs is free.
Speaker 1: There's a video going viral online and there's a for sale sign outside of a home, and I mean there's really now listen home prices.
Speaker 2: I understand those are through the roof. Yeah, it's ridiculous someone looking at Okay, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Alex can talk about my house for free, and I can tell you, like what's happened in the time that I've lived here, I can tell you, I can I can speak on it how home prices, just like going through the roof. Now there's a video online viral and it's a for sale sign outside of a home, and it's a usual photo of the realtor, but there's also an added sign above it says, free eggs with purchase of house.
Speaker 2: Our eggs that exist.
Speaker 5: They know that the viral by posting that, so okay, that helps shout out to the realtor for having a little fun, or the homeowner or.
Speaker 2: The TikToker, whoever's doing this.
Speaker 1: The free egg sign seems to be of lower quality than the for sale sign, but it does seem to be like a fixed to the post, so it's it's the thing, free eggs with purchase of house.
Speaker 2: Really funny, really funny.
Speaker 5: So you buy this house, you think of eggs or like these the eggs now that you've already bought.
Speaker 1: You buy this ridiculously overpriced home and I'm going to throw in a four ninety five dozen of eggs.
Speaker 2: Earnest money down, you get. You get the cart and eggs, no closing costs, and a free dozen.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like getting a little breaking Benjamin in the morning. That's awaken. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. I hope you're up now. I think you probably are. Thanks for spending your time with us this morning. Okay, you're right. Three years ago eggs.
Speaker 1: Were less than two dollars a dozen, and now they're five. That's a big increase. Yeah, it's a big increase.
Speaker 2: Now. I understand what the egg thing is about. I just don't look at the prices. I'm sorry. I know I got them. Must be nice. I gotta save this money. I gotta take my kids. I get it. I understand that. It's just the one thing that I just don't do. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm a penny pincher in other aspects of my life. It's just the food thing. How about this.
Speaker 2: Somebody brought up this point.
Speaker 1: Rod couldn't tell you what to gall on a gas costs, but I need gas in my car and I just stop and get it.
Speaker 2: Do you know what to ga on the gas costs right now? Nope, I am the same way. I don't have any idea, but I.
Speaker 5: Do like anytime you're wish somebody, you're just like, whoa gas is this much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You just say that out loud, and it seems like you're very aware of that.
Speaker 5: I am not at all aware of what like the average price of gases, but you just act like everything is just insane.
Speaker 2: What's it like being a millionaire? What's it like? What's it like? But it is one of those like I need this, I buy it. If the gas is five cents, bubble gum? What was that you're sprice? Bubble gum? Gone up? Milkshakes used to be twenty five cents when I was young. Boys, I said, I'm not making fun. I'm not.
Speaker 1: If you are somebody that really, you know, you're smart, you're a better person.
Speaker 2: If we don't laugh about it, we'll cry. Yeah. But yeah, I couldn't tell you what a gallon again? Is it three fifteen? I'm guessing it might be three fifteen a gallon?
Speaker 1: I just I just got gas at Bucki's yesterday.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what I paid for it. I just know I needed it.
Speaker 5: Average price is two seventy three a gallon in the state of Texas.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's great, mid grade three? Is it great? In eighteen cents? I just said gatane.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm gonna get emails from the oil and gas people like, dude, you just said that was great.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you why that's not good? Like, okay, you can't wait, Yeah, you can't win.
Speaker 1: Today's National Tortilla Chip Day. Can we all agree?
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah it is. Can we all agree that? Listen. I don't know if it's a good time to buy. I don't know if it's a bad time to buy. But just be seven cents a bag. When I was a lad, I need tortillas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need them, and I don't want the tortilla industry to hear me when I say this.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you charge. I'm going to buy them. Don't tell the other tortilla companies all over the day.
Speaker 1: I'm never not buying tortillas. I don't know if it's a if. This the problem with the good old days. You don't know when you're in them until after they're gone. The good old days of buying eggs in twenty nineteen. None of us took it. We all took eggs for granted. Recognize some things current time, Okay, damn it, the good old days.
Speaker 2: You've got to recognize some things while they're happening.
Speaker 1: The tortilla stuff is on the food blog page today along with Milf looking at.
Speaker 5: Girls, Alex's six pick go look at my six picks.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go look at him right now.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative where the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz before or five the buzz? It was on this day in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cobain thought it would be a good idea to marry Courtney Love. I that one they entered into the bonds of holy matrimony on this day.
Speaker 2: Kirk killed himself two years after two years. You know, Hitler killed himself the day after he got married.
Speaker 3: I did know that.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that on this show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hitler got married and then shot himself in the face the day after marriage.
Speaker 2: I don't know everybody. I don't know that Francis Bean and Courtney they're worth a lot of money.
Speaker 1: But they were married at the time of his death, so they are worth some. Matt some mad cash, that's for sure. Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Next hour, Pierce the Bail tickets June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Let's get you into that.
Speaker 1: At around ninety ten, I got Rockets Nuggets tickets, Rockets Nugs tickets on No the Show. And then I got Alex over here still holding down Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: What you got well, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk, who is in charge of the Department of Government Efficiency, sends out an email on Saturday to all federal employees telling them to send back a list of five things that they accomplished in the last week. The EMI also said that if anyone chose not to apply, that the department will consider that their resignation.
Speaker 2: Several US agencies, including.
Speaker 5: The FBI, have advised their staff not to comply, and the largest federal workers union has questioned Musk's authority to enforce such mandates. They also say they plan to challenge any unlawful dismissals that come from this.
Speaker 1: Ashley with and I, who is in the teaching sector, sent me a list of.
Speaker 2: Five things she accomplished last week. We are not taking lists.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I brought it up this morning. It was Alex the electrician. Yes, that we asked him if he could if he was asked to list five accomplishments last week, could he do it?
Speaker 2: He sent it to us. Yeah, I'm not saying like, it's not micromanaging.
Speaker 5: I get that that it is, like, yeah, it is like insulting to some people, but it's like you should be.
Speaker 2: Able to say five things he did in the week, right, I think most people could. I think so too.
Speaker 5: Texas health officials say that a measles outbreak is reaching historic levels in the state. At least ninety cases have been identified in the state's South Plains region, with sixteen people hospitalized.
Speaker 2: The majority of these cases have been.
Speaker 5: In teenagers and children, most of which are unvaccinated. Health officials are now warning of a possible measles outbreak at Texas State University in San Marcos. The outbreak has also spread to New Mexico, where nine people have been infected. And then earlier you were talking about scurvy with your back, that scoliosis.
Speaker 2: We've corrected on that, but yeah, I got mixed up. What was scurvy? What was Scurvy is a pirates. Okay, Universal Studios New Texas Theme.
Speaker 5: Park is opening next year and the details have finally been released. The resort will be in Frisco, which is just outside of Dallas. It'll have lands based on characters from Shrek, Puss in Boots, Trolls, SpongeBob, Square, Parents, Minions in Jurassic World.
Speaker 2: Where were we on the announcement of this thing, like nowhere?
Speaker 1: It's a done deal and we're now talking about like it's opening soon and we're talking about the you know, breaking ground and everything. There's some cool videos. We have a link up on links and guests today. Okay, I didn't know that we were. I was unaware unless forgotten because it's not here. It's in Frisco, Texas. Yeah, but it's a Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: It's kind of having to go to Orlando. Now you can go to Frisco. All right, it's good news. I just don't remember the announcement that, hey, we won, like Texas won all these other places. This is the cool stuff. Yet, I think a lot of people got to be hearing about this for the first time.
Speaker 5: So it's Some of the attractions are going to include Shrek, swamp, SpongeBob's neighborhood, a Minion's theme water play zone, a Trolls music festival, and a Jurassic World exploration zone, hopefully without any real dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: This one seems specifically geared towards younger kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, although I do want to go to spongebobs neighborhood. I want to try a Crabby Patty.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go. I want to go to Patrick's house because he lived under a rock. Oh yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 5: Maybe Sandy Cheeks's house too, he lived in a bubble that you had to go under the sea.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I hope.
Speaker 5: So. One of Diddy's lawyers has filed a motion to be removed from his legal team, saying, quote, under those circumstances, can I continue to effectively serve as council for Shawn Combs. The lawyer's name is Tony Ricco, and despite wanting out, he says that he has provided Shawn Combs at the high level of legal representation expected by the court did He does still have five attorneys representing him, and Rico's withdraw is not expected to delay the trial that's scheduled to begin in May. Noah Wiland honored his late father with a cover of Stone Temple Pilot's song Sex Type Thing. It's a stripped down version of the song, which served as STP's first ever single on.
Speaker 2: Their debut album Core.
Speaker 5: It features Noah's vocals over an acoustic guitar played by Spencer Carr Reid.
Speaker 2: Got a clip for you.
Speaker 3: I thanks you.
Speaker 2: Just sounds so much like his dad. It sounds like Wiland unplugged. Yeah, Scott Wiland. His dad hurt too.
Speaker 5: So. The music video shows Noah walking around with a Chucky doll, which is a represented a representation of Scott and Noah's dreams. Speaking about the video, Noah said, quote, there was so much I wanted to tell him, like how much has changed on earth without him. It's a pretty interesting video and just bring us Supe back together.
Speaker 2: Let's let's just do it. He could do like you could do everything. He sounds just like his dad.
Speaker 9: It's it's perfect.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know about Crost You see the full video on our music blog Day God Jesus Christ. It sounds just like his dad, like Prime Scott. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, he doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't have to favor in dad's footsteps. But when you do stuff like that, you're leading me to believe that, hey, maybe you'd like to explore the option of maybe taking over for your dad.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we saw that was sublime recently and that worked out well. So who knows, all right what you got In sports? Down at spring training, the Astros gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Cardinals eleven to six. They're gonna play the Marlins today down in West Palm Beach, Flota, first pitch.
Speaker 2: But that's as sick or at twelve o twelve oh five. Excuse me.
Speaker 5: You can hear it on tape delay on Sports Talk seven to ninety at seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 2: But that's what's going on in sports Buzz, Rock and All tear sod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That System of a Down. That's Hannah's favorite band. Everybody knows Hannah, right, everybody knows Hannah, I sure do.
Speaker 1: Hannah was the one that came in on Thursday and played read My and she did a great job.
Speaker 2: Chef Hannah, Chef. I remember her telling me that that was her favorite band, Chili. Are you.
Speaker 1: Fishing for more people to come in to play Read my Lips?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, if you go to links and Gas is the third link up there where people can sign up for to try to play Read my Lips. And I guess this week I'm playing because Alex won this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're just good. We're alternating regardless of who wins. Right, Yeah, I'm really missing you today, buddy.
Speaker 2: I I can't see you. I can't there's nothing, there's so none of this.
Speaker 1: I think in homeroom you said something like, I'm well, we're hoping to get this fixed in a half an hour.
Speaker 2: I know it's not on you.
Speaker 1: Pal, but there's no online like watch us live. There's no Facebook live, there's no YouTube, no x live.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to day not today, it's taking the day off.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten a solid? We don't need to get into it, but have you gotten a solid?
Speaker 1: Here's why, or it's just there's just nobody even odd but getting to you.
Speaker 3: Tom the engineer came in already and we tried everything that we usually tried. It's not working, so he's gonna have to mess with it after we get off air.
Speaker 2: We've jiggled the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been putting. It's been putting, rise, it's been jiggled all the above. Now it's just that he has to mess with the IP addresses and all that stuff, and he needs to get into this computer.
Speaker 2: Surely you could be in there jiggling your court.
Speaker 1: I can't see nobody can see you.
Speaker 3: You know, you know my court does jiggle jiggle?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, it doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, yes, please. That's the that's the that's how he's he's grown. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna stop right there.
Speaker 3: I had before I would just say it yeah, and now I'm like, hey, I gotta pay bills. I'm gonna shut up.
Speaker 2: I saw this, Thank you, Chile.
Speaker 1: I saw this over the weekend, and then I saw them completely backpedaling on this. I wanted to talk about this on Friday, and we just.
Speaker 2: Didn't have time.
Speaker 1: Again, we got busy.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about HP.
Speaker 1: Hewlett Packard making people weight online on purpose?
Speaker 2: Like to wait on hold? Did you see anything about this? Yeah at all?
Speaker 1: Hewlett Packard HP added a minimum fifteen minute weight time for everyone dialing into their call center and you're like, oh, no big deal, I don't need I don't use Hewlett Packard. But if you do have scumbaggery, if is it? What else did we talk about recently? He said, who would do this on purpose? There was a company that we just called out for doing something not exactly like this, but they were making their product worse Google, Google, Google, because they.
Speaker 2: Went ads to show up higher.
Speaker 5: So then you were on You're like six sixth paid without finding real results.
Speaker 1: Hewlett Packard added a minimum fifteen minute weight time for everyone dialing into their call center. It started on Thursday. I got this on Friday, which I wanted to talk about. And they're admitting that the purpose is to encourage people to use their online resources to solve their own problem. They do not want to pay a human to answer the phone. They want to figure this out on your own. They're targeting the people that are clogging their phone lines with issues that can be easily handled online or by using virtual chatbots.
Speaker 2: The virtual chatbots suck.
Speaker 1: So I recently I fly Southwest just because I got the card and I got the points and all of that, and I got the Companion pass and I needed to move around some flights and do all this stuff and I just couldn't do it online. And it was a It was an instance where I needed to talk to a human being. Yeah, and you forget that that's even an option now because we do so much of it online.
Speaker 2: Just boo tip tappy on the phone and you move.
Speaker 1: You know, Southwest is really good about letting you move flights, and I just couldn't seem to get the.
Speaker 2: Companion thing worked out, and I needed a human being.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you and listen. I did no compensation, I get no Southwest. I do this on my own. The woman on the other end of the phone, I just said, I go, thank you so much for She's like, I can handle that for you, sir, and then within a couple of keystrokes, boom, she did it. I said, I go, ma'am, I just I could not get this done online. She goes, No, what you were asking for could be a little tricky. I understand, Happy to do it for you. Those days are going to be numbered, yeah, you know what I mean, like for us being like when London and Baby El when they're older and they're gonna be there's going to be no customer service as now we know that it's being farmed out. Can I just tell you that this woman was so helpful and I just and I told her, I said, listen, I do this all the time. I've flowm with you forever. You see the millions of points I said, I just couldn't do it. She goes, no, this one, I understand why you called me, the one you probably wouldn't been able to do on your own. Wow, but Hewlett Packard got busted for this. Now they're back. Now they're BACKPEDALINGEP, They're totally backpedaling on the whole thing. HP forced customers to wait fifteen minutes for tech support on purpose, backpedaled after backlash. After the backlash, HP said it was just trying to raise awareness for its online support options.
Speaker 2: They claimed that this was just giving you different.
Speaker 1: Options that they want you to really try to use some common sense and figure it out on your own.
Speaker 5: There are old people that don't understand how to do that stuff, man, and like you need to help those people.
Speaker 1: How could a company be willing to do this on their own when you need them, You need that company's help. I needed Southwest's help and they helped me. They don't care about Hewlett Packard. I might for all I know, I have a Hewlett Packard printer at my house. I don't even know what the hell are I don't Again, mine's a cannon. But but the minute you go to cant service, you can't find that anywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like, well, you're gonna have to call this guy, and then also we're gonna try and sell you on a hundred other things. And then you're gonna have to find out our secret code where that gets you to whoever's going to cancel it.
Speaker 2: And then they're gonna hang up on you.
Speaker 1: If you go to cancel something, return something. It's never just a couple of clicks away.
Speaker 5: No, that's not easily a cancelation fee now, and I got cancelation feasy, get at it.
Speaker 2: And that's when they force you to call and talk it over with them.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. I'll give you another example. For a long time I was on Nutral system and I could not cancel that damn order. It just repeated and it kept coming every month, that box of food.
Speaker 5: And I've changed cards because I wanted to get out of stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I called. I was on the phone with them for ten minutes. They're just trying to like, why don't you just just get the snacks? Just wait a bit a bite, but just think about how great it would be just to have the breakfast.
Speaker 2: I said, look, I don't want it any more. I'm arguing with the person. They did not want me to let They did not want to let me go.
Speaker 1: I mean they were trained hard court not to take no for an answer, but that was nowhere to be found on the website. Yeah no, but if you want to sign up recurring all, that's easy, right h piece comebacks for this huge comebacks.
Speaker 2: They are those people. Yeah, and try to those decisions. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I got pierce the veil tickets. Pierce the veil there, I can't hear you. Tour Sleeping with Sirens Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion tickets on sale now through ticket Master locations. I've got a pair for caller number ten seven one three, two, two four five.
Speaker 11: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Ninety five does all right, here we.
Speaker 2: Go, welcome back. We got to go. Give away some tickets.
Speaker 1: This is our first week in a long time that we haven't been doing alternative income.
Speaker 2: We got a great prize in there.
Speaker 1: Pierced the Veil tickets to this person here, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 1: Carlos Carlos Winter Winter Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I think the first time in a long time that you've won something.
Speaker 9: No, I've never won anything.
Speaker 7: I've listened to y'all forever.
Speaker 3: Really, this is my first time.
Speaker 1: You've never won anything from us, Carlos, never, nothing, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy right now. So it's Pierced the Veil.
Speaker 1: It's Sleeping with Sirens Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion tickets on sale Ticketmaster for everyone else, but.
Speaker 2: Not for Carlos. You got a free pair right now, dude, just for hanging out with us. Thank you so much, brother. I you know, like I said, I've been listening to y'all.
Speaker 3: Forever, and this is my first time.
Speaker 2: Keep calling people, keep calling. That's awesome, Thank you, Carlos. Wow, so awesome.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of Monday energy I need in my life. Online, it's Felicks online. The muzz I just checked in on the Monday self. You guys keep dropping pictures on there, Thank you very much. Our friends will at show Federal Credit Union a hundred bucks going to somebody just for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: So keep that rolling.
Speaker 1: We'll give the one hundred dollars away before we get out of here. But only Chili will only chill contact you some other shisters out there. Don't get caught up in any of that stuff. Okay, don't respond to anybody other than Chili.
Speaker 2: What you got today?
Speaker 5: Today's AOL is called two Can Versus Cups, and it is Ripley the two can trying to stack cups with his big ass beak and then sometimes his beak knocks over the cups and it startles him. Just a two can trying to grab like solo cups. It's really funny to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the fruit Loop Bird. I saw it this weekend and I was like, I need to share this with people. It will make you. It'll probably be the best thing you in, the best video you.
Speaker 5: Watch this morning. If you're having a tough start to your mind, to go check. If you're on hold with Hewlett Packard, you're gonna get past. You're gonna get passed by watching by watching Ripley, The two can try and stack cups and get scared by them. But go check out to Cambush's caps at the world famous rod Ryan showpage at bus dot com.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on the Buzz.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how happy I am that that song that we just played that song because we had some new breaking Benjamin earlier, some new word breaking Benjamin. You know, we've we've been a part of all of these world premieres, but we just world premiere that new Disturbed and just just play it all day.
Speaker 2: Everyone loved it. Ninety four to five the Buzz, Good morning, that's Disturbed.
Speaker 1: I will not break. And it was one hundred percent satisfaction. It was one hundred percent approval of everyone that was commenting on it, even people behind the keyboard and behind their phones when they were sending me messages about the song. Nobody took a crack at it to say that they didn't like it.
Speaker 2: It just it was really it was.
Speaker 1: Really well received. And because that because of what she just rocks. Because of that, Okay, ten percent has to rain Sunny's guys highs him around sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Who is this guy on links and guests? Look, guys, this.
Speaker 1: Man I went to go look at the boys pictures, and what I came back with is I saw what a man does on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh me talking about me?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about you, Jack Leg What are you doing with guns and fishing and steaks and tractors?
Speaker 5: Was hanging out with the boys this weekend and we just we're like, let's do some man stuff.
Speaker 2: It was manly. We did a lot of man stuff. Man Alex left.
Speaker 1: Here on Friday a boy, and he came back a man with a hair on his balls and everything. Thirty six year old Alex real man, what are you doing? These are great pictures. By the way, where are you guys? Can you tell me that?
Speaker 2: My mother's family has some land up near Huntsville.
Speaker 5: We went up there and we growing up, but we had like we would just go up there for random family stuff. But I really never got to take friends up there until this weekend. So okay, yeah we did that. I had some friends go up there, and then I was like, well, it's kind of like secluded. We could bring guns if you got I got own guns. But I was like, if you guys want to bring your guns, we could shoot some guns. And my friend Tyler has a significant arsenal. I guess one of those one of those double eagles. You're like a revolver with like a sight on it, like a scope on it, which was like I felt like I was playing Call of Duty in real life.
Speaker 2: Silence are on one of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a bunch of silence suppressor. I'm not a great shot, but I did feel cool shooting guns.
Speaker 2: All right, So I go, I go over and Alex all morning.
Speaker 1: He's like, dude, check out my picks. I'm like, yeah, I'll get there. He's like, dude, like did cool stuff, Like, dude, check out my picks. I'm like, dude, I'll get there. I'm busy.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to run a morning show here. And then I just went to go look at.
Speaker 5: Him and fishing fishing, I caught three or four fish my wife caught like sa this weekend. Yeah they were they weren't one hundred percent biting, but we still caught some fish.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're fishing, your your gunning. I mean there's you with two guns in me.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty sick, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's you with the guns and then you chopped wood. Now that's just a photo op. No, we didn't chop any wood.
Speaker 2: We did. We had somebody fireplace. Your dad is a man. We had old dad is a man. Your brother he was not there.
Speaker 5: But we had like an old school fireplace instead of just like the gas fireplace like everybody's got. So your friends chop We all took turns shop you'd do, you know, we need more wood for the fire. And then you go out there, you grabbed something from the stack and then you just go chop those bad boys up. Would that you chopped was We didn't chop down the tree, but like it was already kind of like we would chop the logs that were already set out there.
Speaker 2: So I did chop some wood. Your dad made. My dad did make the steaks. I know your dad made.
Speaker 5: That was his like all he was like, I'd like to make you guys steaks for your birthday. Here you go, and he went and he bought from my Brookshire Brothers. He bought every steak there had, and those are all of the I think Montgomery Brookshire Brothers stakes that they had on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Your dad ain't trusted you with the steaks, well, he just was. That was He's really he's a really good cook, and he offered to do that. And then you and your baby on a tractor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a tractor there. I mean I didn't do any farming, but I drove the tractor around.
Speaker 2: For a little while, which was cool. Again, I'm thinking that's just the photo wop. You're driving a tractor.
Speaker 5: Drove the tractor around. I stalled it out a little bit. We got it stuck and had to get it unstuck.
Speaker 2: Is there a clutch? This is there is a clutch? Yeah, I mean I didn't have to operate it. It's a pretty easy.
Speaker 5: Like you started, You moved the butt, you step on the gas, it goes ford, you step on the one that goes backwards.
Speaker 2: It's pretty easy.
Speaker 5: There's a rabbit, there's a turtle. You know which one is fast, which one is slow. But that was pretty cool. We did get to get a tractor unstuck, which was That was manly.
Speaker 3: Too, Chili.
Speaker 1: When you bring in pictures of sidewalks that you've walked on.
Speaker 2: But there's a hell of a sidewalk that Lli you have literally makes cement.
Speaker 1: You have literally come back to be from a weekend of six and one of your pictures. Was a picture of a sidewalk that you said that you walked on? It's historic a sidewalk. Yeah, did you see these pictures?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I had to put the blocks together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry he did. Holy cow? All right, what week I bring?
Speaker 3: If I bring pictures of guns? I get the cops called on me.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Well, so that's why I can't put that on there.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure the ones that he's holding are like registered and they're you know, I didn't ask questions.
Speaker 5: The trumper papers handed guns and I shot a target and I hit it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: All right, these are great pictures. Hey, these are great.
Speaker 3: Don't ever go to fifth Ward and hold the guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, guns with the scratched off serial number.
Speaker 2: Come on, we didn't need that.
Speaker 3: And what's a good deal?
Speaker 2: All right, great pictures, dude. Thank you. You had a good birthday. H really good birthday. Yeah, it looks like you had fun.
Speaker 1: Alex has six picks, links and guests.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five five, The Buzz, syn Gibus and pardon Me rod Ryan's Show on a MILF Monday. Thank you so much for spending a little bit of time with us this morning.
Speaker 2: I really really appreciate it. We're just kind of setting you up for the whole day here.
Speaker 1: Jeremy wants to come in here at ten o'clock and just continue to melt your face off here. We are still accepting your selfie photographs.
Speaker 2: Thank you to our friends of at Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 1: Just a little silly thing that we do on Mondays for a couple of weeks, your chance to win one hundred dollars just for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page. I think another team came in, so we might only have four four foursomes available for the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open April ninth. Wildcat just talked about Buddy Chris.
Speaker 2: He said that he wanted to get his company involved.
Speaker 1: Hey, how do I, you know, get involved in a corporate sponsorship that type of thing. Please you can email me directly Rod at the Buzz dot com if you have a small business out there or not so small business and you want to sponsor a hole, you want to come in as a big sponsor. The Texas Hammers came in as a big sponsor, so thank you. I got word of that over the weekend. We know that Carbach is on board Grazia's Grazia Italian Kitchen. We eat, we eat so good after our golf tournament and Grazia is the one that does all the food for us. But we're back at Wildcap and of course Admiral Transfer and Rigging is our title sponsor again this year. So thanks the dude and c See for coming in big.
Speaker 2: What do we say?
Speaker 1: Willie's Ice House two also came in. So every day like we're getting you know, another.
Speaker 2: Sponsor, we will be eating good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Willies they did crawfish, didn't They did crab lights one day, but the one tournament they did crab legs.
Speaker 2: They did crawfish. They did crab crab legs at a golf tournament. Are kings on a turn? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It just and then what he leaves everybody just like, yeah, parks at that hole.
Speaker 2: And then you got the rangers yelling at you, and then they're yelling at me, Rod tell everybody to keep moving. I'm like, these animals don't listen to me. He's America and you can do whatever they want. They don't listen to me. Thank you, Willie. Good to have you guys on board.
Speaker 1: So I want to get this thing sold out, and then I'm gonna really be beating up about sponsorships and all of that, all right, real quick, and then I'll tell you about what we're doing.
Speaker 2: I know the show.
Speaker 1: I am one of these people. I don't know if it comes across I make fun of the book was better. Guy, I'm talking about a movie and I, oh, the book was better. I think I catch myself from time to time on this show saying I don't really watch a.
Speaker 2: Lot of TV.
Speaker 1: That probably comes across it sounded like an asshole too, kind of like the same thing, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, the book was better.
Speaker 3: The TV's on in my.
Speaker 2: House, but I just don't watch like shows outside of the View. You love the View. Watched the View every day. He's a P one listener viewer for the View. Oh, those chicks infuriate me.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's on because we have I guess we just have ABC on and then when we get off the air at ten, here comes the.
Speaker 2: Girls, whoop be enjoy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you are someone that doesn't watch a lot of TV, what do you do? So they asked, Hey, those of you that don't watch TV, how do you spend your time?
Speaker 2: I read poetry. Reading was number one.
Speaker 1: Reading like the top response, which just it just that person is telling you that they're.
Speaker 2: Better than you.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Watching the Desperate Real Housewives of the OC whatever, you know what I mean? Like, they're they're reading, They're they're filling their brain full of more knowledge.
Speaker 5: When you read a book, don't you feel like you want to just tell everybody you read a book?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, I don't read many books, but when you do read a book that it was based on a TV show, that you I want to figure out more of this. Well, actually in this book I've been reading, you feel cool.
Speaker 1: Reading was the number one response for people that said they don't watch a lot of television.
Speaker 2: Gaming.
Speaker 1: Younger people said that was mostly what they kept busy doing instead of watching television, scrolling social media apps. I'm doing that way too much lately. I'm scrolling and mindless. Mindless videos are see fetty Wop and.
Speaker 2: The JBL speaker and all those memes. That's hilarious. I love doing that.
Speaker 1: I feel like a pos if I've like cooked through like fifteen twenty minutes and I'm just scrolling on my phone.
Speaker 2: I didn't learn anything like four hours a day on my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no watch on my please no please, no, please nod the scrolling.
Speaker 2: I gotta do it myself myself, Like, are.
Speaker 5: You so much of your job is having to kind of scroll to find certain things?
Speaker 2: You know? I blame that, But then I'm doing it on my own. I'm like, Jesus Christ, what a loser? Me time? Scrolling? That works? Scrolling?
Speaker 1: Those are home improvement projects, what people do instead of watching TV.
Speaker 2: Shop hobbies.
Speaker 1: I feel like we had a pretty good discussion about hobbies. Most people don't have hobbies anymore.
Speaker 5: Hobbies are some of the things you just like reading as a hobby, playing video games as a hobby.
Speaker 2: Scrolling on your phone is not an hobby, sort of a hobby. I like looking at I like looking at memes. That's a hobby. This should be a hobby. It's reading. Okay. What about the whiskey guy, the guy that collects all the.
Speaker 5: Different whiskeys, sort of a hobby that can justify like they drinking are all collections also hobbies.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm on past the gravy right now.
Speaker 5: Ivy sort of the sort of are are you can pass it off as a hobby because I mean, if you're collecting certain whiskeys, like you're researching whiskeys, you're looking up like, oh this.
Speaker 2: Is this this year kind of scotch.
Speaker 5: Let me go get that like, so you're doing a lot of like research that goes into it.
Speaker 2: So I would say that is a hobby.
Speaker 1: We have this discutch because we talked about like walking and exercising.
Speaker 2: Is it a hobby? You don't research walking, so that's just an activity you did. I don't know. I don't watch a lot of TV. I wish I could just say to I just read all the time. I don't I write books. I don't read them.
Speaker 1: Rockets Denver Nuggets. While we're giving away Rockets tickets. It's cool, very hot right now, aren't twenty third Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: Why don't you ask a question on the flip of this point again?
Speaker 4: Lease?
Speaker 2: Anybody all right?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: The show coming up, Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Welcome back.
Speaker 2: This is our last segment with you guys today.
Speaker 1: I've got tickets to go see we don't get a lot of Rockets tickets to give away.
Speaker 2: This is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Rockets Nuggets March twenty third, Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: You want to go? Alex has a question for you on to know the show. Well, today is National Hate Wet Day. I do not hate this thing, no, but I forgot a lot of people do hate this thing. National Hate Wet Day. It's a food because we came up with other hate things. Yeah, we like that. We thought should get their own day seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five, The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four, the.
Speaker 6: Bus Station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Bys, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show, Nickelback and how you Remind Me?
Speaker 2: That was a one off show you were talking about last week.
Speaker 1: It was Nickelback and Creed on a festival lit and a bunch of great like nineties, late nineties, early two thousand spands were on that bill.
Speaker 2: There's a one off show. It's a good one. Good morning man. I hope you guys were off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Three updated three four sums remain for the Rod Ryan Show, Charity Golf Open. Let's get this sold out today. You got Sunny's guys on tap. Ten percent chance of rain, highs of around sixty seven. All the golf tournament information is on links and guests.
Speaker 2: You know where to go. He is now more. You know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 7: La la la la, la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, Chilly left me hanging. I'm going on raw dog in these calls? Good morning Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 3: Christian with a K?
Speaker 2: Christian? How are you today doing?
Speaker 13: Good man?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Awesome? Thank you? Good to have you on board again. Go ahead, Alex, what's your question?
Speaker 5: I know the show today is National Hate What Day?
Speaker 2: Cilantro? Yes it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, I was I was open to giving some other foods their own hate day. You got any foods that you would want to nominate for a hate Day?
Speaker 2: Christian with a K.
Speaker 1: I love all foods everything like you're you like mushrooms and.
Speaker 7: The one thing on pizza top things that I will avoid will be either sardines or Belle peppers.
Speaker 1: Wow, I wasn't expecting that sardines and bell peppers.
Speaker 2: Bell Pepper's a badass.
Speaker 1: All right, sardines.
Speaker 2: Sardines and anthropies are different. I don't know the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, listen, dude, I'm gonna give you some You're going to see the Rockets and the Denver Nuggets March twenty third at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, on, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, dude, hang on the phone for me. See if I find that.
Speaker 1: Chili gave away that one hundred dollars only, Chili and Chili only would be the one that would notify you if you were the winner on hashtag Monday selfie?
Speaker 3: Chili too? What's up so much for that?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna be back online in a half an hour. Yeah that was at six fifteen this morning. I know it's not your fault. Have they given you any Are we gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Ah? Hey did you get a winner for hashtag Monday selfie? I know? Why would I just complain? It's Monday? Let's go?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, hashtag Monday selfie? Who's your winner?
Speaker 3: Lauren Dickers? All right? She had to take a message me back and was like, is this a scam? Are you really?
Speaker 5: Chile?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, guys, sorry that the scamsters are out there, But I really, I really do low key like this whole hashtag Monday selfie thing.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna eat my lunch. I know, I'm a psycho. My lunchtime starts at ten o'clock right when I get off the air. It's like ten oh four.
Speaker 2: I'm eating. I have I'm starving right now. I'm famished. I'm gonna eat. I'm gonna turn down the volume on the vie because I don't want to hear what they say. I know it's coming up next. And then I'm just gonna look at all the selfies. That's good. I'm looking at all the pictures and I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna see the Other interaction on our Facebook page was what other like?
Speaker 2: Christian? I asked him, like, what other food do you want to hate day for?
Speaker 3: Chili?
Speaker 2: What food do you want to hate day for? I hate what day?
Speaker 3: I don't like fish like most of seafood.
Speaker 2: I don't you really not a seafood guy?
Speaker 9: Nah?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: It's like because I was traumatized as a kid with it. That's why.
Speaker 1: Because you, I mean, there's water near Guatemala right Well, Yeah, they'd have a lot of like seafood and everything.
Speaker 2: He said, water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have too much of it when you were young?
Speaker 3: Well, it was like I was forced to eat it, and then I threw it up, and then they made me drin the throw up.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, and then.
Speaker 3: I threw it up again, and then they beat the crap out of me and made me drink it again.
Speaker 6: What is this?
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you're here now.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I'm telling you. That's why I don't like seople.
Speaker 2: But you like that.
Speaker 1: But you I've listened. You put me out of business. I used to own a bar. Well, crawfish is kind of different.
Speaker 12: Crawfish is not seafood. Well, well, the way that it's cooked with the season and stuff. You know how long it took me to eat crawfish. It is that the beer makes it go down smoother.
Speaker 1: I know how long it took when I was used. When I used to do all you could eat crawfish, It took you all day. Oh yeah, okay, that's why I no longer own a bar.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not most all of it, but yes, I'm part of me.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Well that's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Congratulations to the winner, Thank you to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union. Like I mentioned, just a couple of spots available for the Rod Ryan Show Charity Golf Open, and then I'm gonna really be beating you up hard on the on the sponsorships. But this is all benefiting Texas at that to aquatics, get those last couple of foursomes to join us April ninth out at Wildcat Golf Course. All right, Alex's six picks did very well, very manly, dude like manly, like what you know, milf Monday was number one. Looking at girls was number two. Alex's six picks right there, number three, nice and then Dave Roll's secret.
Speaker 2: Baby Mama, I beat at Dave growth day. Mama, Nat you did, you did all right?
Speaker 1: Big Jeremy Benson is up next. He's gonna hit you up with a bunch of cool stuff. Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. He's got the NonStop nooner tomorrow on the show, like more everything but better. We'll be coming at you, hopefully with a sold out golf tournament. But all the tickets and all the great stuff that we gave away today, Shine Down AJR at the Rodeo, BlackBerry Smoke, Pierced the Veil, more Rockets tickets, all of that tomorrow, and then if you want to play a game, we can play a game tomorrow on the air. If you've got a favorite game that we play, I always take suggestions on that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, what do you want to play tomorrow? All right, that's it, we gotta go. We're on a twenty hour break. Have a great Monday, everybody a m F sad, Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.